Open 219: Neighborhood Watch (Game Over)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

Vote Count
don_johnson (2) - ConfidAnon, Thief
guy0 (2) - Empking, Beloved Princess
Primate (2) - Chronopie, Sleepless Assassin
Thief (1) - Primate
Beloved Princess (1) - OpposedForce
Sleepless Assassin (1) - don_johnson

Not Voting (2) - guy0, Pomegranate

Fixed?

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:00:00 PM CDT
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.

OpposedForce wrote:
I agree with hider not claiming for the stated above reasons because there is a chance of 2/10 of actually hitting scum (excluding the hider himself).
actually, 11 players alive, 10 after the lynch.

scum lynch: 2/9 chance of hider dieing with no benefit.

town lynch: 3/9 chance of hider dieing with no benefit.

but i'm not going to argue this anymore. the watchers do add a variable which i can't calculate. let's get some more SA votes.

guy0: how's that "moving the discussion forward" thing workin' out for ya?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

guy0, 26 wrote:It is unfortunate that one of the more valuable town power roles was killed by pure chance, but I don't think we should be hasty as a result of it.

Yes the deadline is relatively soon, but we shouldn't sacrifice being thorough as a result of it, let's just do what we can.

Unvote
This bothers me, not sure why yet.
don_johnson, 28 wrote:okay. don't freak out. but.

at some point before the end of the day our hider should claim. DO NOT CLAIM YET. it is my understanding of the role that hider dies if they hide behind scum, no? so better to be out in the open and verbalizing targets. agree/disagree?
I agree, but to a point. This is ripe for scum manipulation.
guy0, 45 wrote:@ Beloved Princess

Perhaps the reason that I don't seem to be doing active scumhunting is because we're on page 2 with the bulk of posts being either about random voting, or what to do about the hider. What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
So you are happy to wait until others start scumhunting before you jump in? That's what I've gathered from this.

Unvote, Vote: guy0

Your posts read like you are posting fluff in order to seem protown.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 am

Post by guy0 »

So apparently people don't understand the meaning of moving the discussion forward. Perhaps one could move the discussion forward by trying to move people away from a topic that isn't relevant to scum hunting?

Let's say everyone was talking about umm... let's see ... how the hider role works, and what to do about whether or not that person chooses to claim. Seeing as people have already complained about that fact that the deadline is so soon, perhaps we shouldn't waste our time discussing trivial matters.

DJ is starting to worry me a little. Don't take this in an OMGUS sense as it isn't that way at all. First he tries to make some argument for why the hider should not only claim but that the hider should also announce who they are going to hide behind. After that he tries to jump on someone for an entirely insignificant point that carries no weight.

At least confid had some legitimate reason for voting me, but DJ just keeps posting the same thing, and has yet to add anything of value to the discussion. He's really quick to point the finger at people, or just to confuse people in general.

So he either has some motive, or is just a complete idiot.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 am

Post by guy0 »

also in post 19 he is also pointing the finger at people for more insignificant facts. Sorry for two separate posts btw.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I will be
V/LA until Thursday night
, or around then.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

guy0 wrote:So apparently people don't understand the meaning of moving the discussion forward. Perhaps one could move the discussion forward by trying to move people away from a topic that isn't relevant to scum hunting?
The issue I have is that you are saying you are trying to move discussion forward, but you aren't doing anything about it.

You have a random vote, a fluffy motivational post, a continuation of the hider discussion which you say you are trying to subvert, and then responses to people calling you out on it.

However, your most recent post is definitely a step in the right direction.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by guy0 »

@ confid

I know and I understand my posts haven't had much substance aside from the last one, but that's because there hasn't been enough to talk about aside from this theory from my last post.

I want to hear DJ's response / other people's responses before I can say more things.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i must be an idiot.

i thought i was engaging in discussion. apparently i am "pointing fingers"? you can clarify that at any point in time.

imo, how to get the most use out of our hider is not a "trivial matter". the game may very well hinge on it. but i digress, as you say you'd rather talk about something else. so, what do you want to talk about? howsabout you flesh out this "finger pointing" thing?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by guy0 »

don_johnson wrote:did anyone notice we've already lost a town powerole?

maybe rvs should end here and now.

vote: sleepless assasin

for the obvious reasons of trying to pack in an FoS on his scumbuddy(i'm looking at you confid), a bandwagon vote(primate), a lame attempt at buddying me, and an AtE(smilie) all in one tiny post.

discuss.
Here you accuse Sleepless
don_johnson wrote:
guy0 wrote: What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
really? is
that
what you're trying to do?
Here you accuse me with 8 words and no backing
don_johnson wrote:
Vote Count
Beloved Princess (2) - guy0, OpposedForce
Thief (1) - Primate

Not Voting (1) - Pomegranate

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

OpposedForce wrote:
I agree with hider not claiming for the stated above reasons because there is a chance of 2/10 of actually hitting scum (excluding the hider himself).

but i'm not going to argue this anymore. the watchers do add a variable which i can't calculate. let's get some more SA votes.

Here, after an incorrect informal vote count, you state the obvious followed by a repetition of the accusation on me. I might add that this post was made 4 hours after your last one. Are you too anxious and need to stay on this site all day?

In terms of other things you’ve said that bother me that are not related to random accusations.
don_johnson wrote:okay. don't freak out. but.

at some point before the end of the day our hider should claim. DO NOT CLAIM YET. it is my understanding of the role that hider dies if they hide behind scum, no? so better to be out in the open and verbalizing targets. agree/disagree?
Here you ask hider to claim and verbalize their target, this netting a two for one NK for scum, bad idea of course.
don_johnson wrote:i must be an idiot.

i thought i was engaging in discussion. apparently i am "pointing fingers"? you can clarify that at any point in time.

imo, how to get the most use out of our hider is not a "trivial matter". the game may very well hinge on it. but i digress, as you say you'd rather talk about something else. so, what do you want to talk about? howsabout you flesh out this "finger pointing" thing?
Obviously discussing the hider is not an unimportant thing, but it was discussed ENOUGH for the time being. There is no need to continue harping on something that we all understand needs to be discussed more when it becomes more relevant (ie when the hider chooses to claim for whatever reason, or it becomes apparent that the hider needs to claim as per the wanting of the masses etc etc).

You continue to use sarcasm afterwards for some reason I cannot fathom and then ask me to re-explain that which I just mentioned a few posts ago, and use quotes around finger pointing for …. Ummm …. Dramatic effect? I don’t know.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by guy0 »

Now I would actually like to hear a reaction from you this time that isn't just asking for a repetition of what I said. Again sorry for multiple posts.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Chronopie »

@Guy0: The vote count was edited into the post by the Mod. Not an informal VC.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by don_johnson »

guy0 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:did anyone notice we've already lost a town powerole?

maybe rvs should end here and now.

vote: sleepless assasin

for the obvious reasons of trying to pack in an FoS on his scumbuddy(i'm looking at you confid), a bandwagon vote(primate), a lame attempt at buddying me, and an AtE(smilie) all in one tiny post.

discuss.
Here you accuse Sleepless
yes. i am accusing him of a suspect rvs vote. i am moving the game forward.
guy0 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
guy0 wrote: What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
really? is
that
what you're trying to do?
Here you accuse me with 8 words and no backing
no. i asked you a question. it was a bit rhetorical, but its still a question. you said you are trying to move discussion forward. and then you ended the post.
i
started discussion.
i
moved us out of the rvs.
i
laid down a vote which has yet to be responded to. what exactly have you done? oh, that's right, you've accused me of fingerpointing. maybe you need a dictionary.
guy0 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
Vote Count
Beloved Princess (2) - guy0, OpposedForce
Thief (1) - Primate

Not Voting (1) - Pomegranate

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

OpposedForce wrote:

Here, after an incorrect informal vote count, you state the obvious followed by a repetition of the accusation on me. I might add that this post was made 4 hours after your last one. Are you too anxious and need to stay on this site all day?
vote count isn't mine. and no. it wasn't obvious. i was correcting the incorrect math posted by OF. after a lynch, the player number will be down to 9, not 10. i finished school and have a week before i am back to work full time. i check in on ms frequently when i am around my computer. post 58 and 59 are just a minute apart, and just over an hour after post 56. does that make you "anxious"?
guy0 wrote:In terms of other things you’ve said that bother me that are not related to random accusations.

Here you ask hider to claim and verbalize their target, this netting a two for one NK for scum, bad idea of course.
theres a reason the game has more townies than scum. cracking a few eggs is how omelettes are made. also, everyone seems to be ignoring the dynamic aspects of the game. would you like me to continue to flesh out my thought process? i was under the impression that you didn't want to have
this
discussion.
guy0 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:i must be an idiot.

Obviously discussing the hider is not an unimportant thing, but it was discussed ENOUGH for the time being. There is no need to continue harping on something that we all understand needs to be discussed more when it becomes more relevant (ie when the hider chooses to claim for whatever reason, or it becomes apparent that the hider needs to claim as per the wanting of the masses etc etc).
if you don't want to talk about it, then stop.
guy0 wrote:You continue to use sarcasm afterwards for some reason I cannot fathom and then ask me to re-explain that which I just mentioned a few posts ago, and use quotes around finger pointing for …. Ummm …. Dramatic effect? I don’t know.
again. show me the "finger pointing". if your definition of "finger pointing" is the same as "voting", then i am guilty. so by "finger pointing", did you mean voting? and by "people", did you mean "SA"?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by don_johnson »

guy0 wrote:You continue to use sarcasm afterwards for some reason I cannot fathom and then ask me to re-explain that which I just mentioned a few posts ago, and use quotes around finger pointing for …. Ummm …. Dramatic effect? I don’t know
quotes are used to avoid miscommunication. by putting quotes around the term that you used to describe my actions, we can avoid pointless discussions of misrepresentation. i.e. the quotes are there to show that that is the exact wording you used. my issue is that i don't think my actions can be described as "fingerpointing". so i want you to clarify exactly what that means. as of 58, i don't feel like you're explaining it well at all.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Gayle »

I edit a vote count into the top post of each page. I think I fixed it, but let me know if you see any mistakes.

Vote Count
guy0 (3) - Empking, Beloved Princess, ConfidAnon
don_johnson (1) - Thief
Thief (1) - Primate
Beloved Princess (1) - OpposedForce

Not Voting (2) - guy0, Pomegranate

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Pomegranate
is V/LA until Thursday.

Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Thief »

Don't mess with Thief.
I know who you are, but you don't know who I am. Yet I still feel the love.

Unvote:
Vote: OpposedForce

This guy's not getting enough attention. Weak seemingly random vote on Princess also.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Thief »

Also the hider should only claim
if they know what they're doing
, in my opinion.
Here's another line so that you can read in between them.

Leaning town on D_J
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

don_johnson wrote:

-Scum aren't the only ones who ever FoS, obviously.
-bandwagoning in the RVS is NOT a bad thing.
-Not buddying. Just recognized your name and Confid's
-I always post a smiley at the beginning of a game. Usually it's when I confirm, but we did that by PMing the mod so couldn't do it that way.
guy0 wrote:It is unfortunate that one of the more valuable town power roles was killed by pure chance, but I don't think we should be hasty as a result of it.

Yes the deadline is relatively soon, but we shouldn't sacrifice being thorough as a result of it, let's just do what we can.

Unvote
Wow, this sounds so forced.

No. At most, we hypoclaim. For example, everyone says "if I'm a hider, I hid behind XXXXX last night and will hide behind XXXXX tonight." That's what we did last time I played this setup.
Pomegranate wrote: Agree. It's definitely best if we know the hider's target. We can confirm townies and scum. It's worth it in this setup, when we know that there's a hider. I've been Hider before, and this makes sense.

I think I'd vote Primate if he wasn't the largest BW at this point. Maybe soon.
Unvote, Vote Pomegranate

First of all, love how you jump all over the idea of giving up our power role like that.

Second, why not vote Primate? Afraid of looking like a scummy wagoner? Massive scum tell right here.
Pomegranate wrote:Seeing these arguments, I'm swayed. Sorry dj.
lol that's because people are arguing against it and you don't want to look scummy.

So the scum are Pom, guy, and Primate. Cool, we'll win this pretty quickly.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Thief, 65 wrote:Leaning town on D_J
Any particular reason for this?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote

i approve of post 66

vote: pomegranate

now we need to see how they feel about each other.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:45 am

Post by OpposedForce »

don_johnson wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:]

That was my mistake, I miscounted the number of players. But I still think that it would be a better strategy going into Day 2 because Day 1's lynch would provide alot more information for the next day. Also if there were to be a town or scum lynch the chances of the hider dying wouldn't be 2/9 to 3/9. It would be 3/9 to 4/9 simply because if the hider hides behind someone who is targeted they die along with the target so the chance of being killed is increased thus why hider claim would not be good Day 1 but better Day 2.
Thief wrote:
Don't mess with Thief.
I know who you are, but you don't know who I am. Yet I still feel the love.

Unvote:
Vote: OpposedForce

This guy's not getting enough attention. Weak seemingly random vote on Princess also.
K

Don't like the Pomegranate votes.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Primate »

Unvote

Vote: Pomegranate

D_J, I don't see anything objectionable about Guy. Don't think he's defending himself well though.

Thief, am neutral on opposed force. I can see possibilities there but he hasn't done enough yet, imho (And I don't think it's been long enough into the game for that to be in itself a factor). Agree with your assesment of D_J.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

don_johnson wrote: now we need to see how they feel about each other.
Who?
OpposedForce wrote: Don't like the Pomegranate votes.
Why?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Beloved Princess
Beloved Princess
Townie
Beloved Princess
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Beloved Princess »

guy0 wrote:Perhaps the reason that I don't seem to be doing active scumhunting is because we're on page 2 with the bulk of posts being either about random voting, or what to do about the hider. What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
That's not an excuse~.
Pomegranate wrote:I meant to say that we should play some jump rope and hopscotch together.
I was thinking something along the lines of a candlelit dinner on the beach, with a mariachi playing just for us.
But if you want to play hopscotch, that's fun too.

That Thief guy sounds pretty cool~. He also sounds pretty town~.
My crown is so sexy and hardcore; you cannot withstand its might.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by Thief »

K

Don't like the Pomegranate votes
K

Do you still like your BP vote? Why?
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 am

Post by OpposedForce »

OpposedForce wrote: Don't like the Pomegranate votes.
Why?
Because the bandwagon is crap.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:
don_johnson wrote:

-Scum aren't the only ones who ever FoS, obviously.
-bandwagoning in the RVS is NOT a bad thing.
-Not buddying. Just recognized your name and Confid's
-I always post a smiley at the beginning of a game. Usually it's when I confirm, but we did that by PMing the mod so couldn't do it that way.
guy0 wrote:It is unfortunate that one of the more valuable town power roles was killed by pure chance, but I don't think we should be hasty as a result of it.

Unvote
Wow, this sounds so forced.

No. At most, we hypoclaim. For example, everyone says "if I'm a hider, I hid behind XXXXX last night and will hide behind XXXXX tonight." That's what we did last time I played this setup.
Pomegranate wrote: Agree. It's definitely best if we know the hider's target. We can confirm townies and scum. It's worth it in this setup, when we know that there's a hider. I've been Hider before, and this makes sense.

I think I'd vote Primate if he wasn't the largest BW at this point. Maybe soon.
Unvote, Vote Pomegranate

First of all, love how you jump all over the idea of giving up our power role like that.

Second, why not vote Primate? Afraid of looking like a scummy wagoner? Massive scum tell right here.
Pomegranate wrote:Seeing these arguments, I'm swayed. Sorry dj.
lol that's because people are arguing against it and you don't want to look scummy.

So the scum are Pom, guy, and Primate. Cool, we'll win this pretty quickly.
You accuse Pomegranate of "jumping all over" the power role strategy when other people had showed support for it previously then said statement. What's different from other support posts? Secondly he already explained why he didn't want to vote Primate, the bandwagon was too large.

Also why so brash in trying to get someone to vote on a bandwagon? Enthusiastic to quick lynch while at the same time accusing a player of being scum for not voting on it.

Unvote: Beloved Princess
Vote: Sleepless Assassin
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)

Return to “Completed Open Games”