Newbie 1920: North America [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Persivul »

Here.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 6, teacher wrote:VOTE: persivul. Only scum show up that fast.
There's two scum. That makes me and you the scum team.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 8, teacher wrote:So this is my first non-IC newbie game. Welcome everyone, and skellen especially from our history. I had a custom of posing some introductory questions to get the game started:

1. What is your experience at Mafia
A lot.
2. How do you play as town
Depends on my mood and my role.
3. How do you play as scum
As close to my town game as possible.
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
Are they or aren't they trying to figure out the game?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 18, TheASC wrote:Just noticed most of you have done an RVS vote and I feel like I probably should too.

VOTE: Sekaedy
VOTE: TheASC
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Persivul »

Sorry, didn't realize it had been that long. I'll catch up tomorrow.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 45, teacher wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.
first in-game town read awarded.
Why, for that NSS post?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 63, TheASC wrote:I don't mind the conversation about my RVS post; it's better than having no conversation at all. However, I'm a little suspicious of just how quickly the wagon built up with Persivul and chennisden's back to back votes in #29 and #30, especially considering their lack of explanation for a non-RVS vote.
Personally I voted just to get things moving.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:10 am

Post by Persivul »

People I won't vote rn: Skellen, TheASC
People I will vote: teacher, GrandWazoo

VOTE: teacher
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Persivul »

So vote teacher with me.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 am

Post by Persivul »

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 115, teacher wrote:But what about Persi is town? His lurk/prod especially from an SE,
I had time when I signed up, but it took longer for me to get in than I expected, and now I'm overgamed.

Regarding you:
- This felt forced, hated the make a joke bit
- Read with no explanation and no (so I thought) follow-up
- Why give a town read for a NSS observation? Also don't like the
in-game town read
comment, indicates you have other town reads you haven't expressed, and it's way too early to have town reads at all.

When I went to make that case, I found:
- Explained the bit about ASC

So, I'm not as concerned about you as I was - but still concerned.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 120, teacher wrote: Idk what NSS is, can you explain? I’ll explain why I think Persivul’s town afterwards
No
surprise
Sherlock, at least by my google of it.[/quote]
No Shit Sherlock. You misunderstand my point. I'm saying that Wazoo's post was so
No Shit Sherlock
that you shouldn't be awarding town points for it. At that stage of the game his post required no insight at all.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 45, teacher wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.
first in-game town read awarded.
This looks like a town read based on a single post.

Where did you show this to be wrong?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 133, teacher wrote:The one specific point you’ve made was shown to be wrong.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:24 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 154, scum reading wrote:Wazoo and teacher, are you guys fine with a pressure vote on persivul?
Er, it doesn't really work if you announce that it's a pressure vote in advance.

Also, I did some meta on teacher and saw that yes, he likes to toss out easy RVS town reads.
UNVOTE:
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 166, scum reading wrote:That wasn’t fast. I have gathered information for this day, I don’t know how it could progress further.
I have estabilished my town block already.
A lynch on you is the safest one and let me tell you why:

1. If you are scum, we lynch scum (200iq plays)
2. If you are town, we get rid of you now so that you won’t be an easy mislynch in a 3v2 situation. I’ve noticed you tend to be more confident in your reads late-game, but for today, we have to get rid of you for the reasons I mentioned. I’ve seen this post in a game of mine which I find interesting
“Town has to get rid of the scummiest townies and scum have to get rid of the towniest townies”
. That no lynch followed by a vote is suspicious though, so at least we aren’t lynching you for nothing. Plus, how convenient you come here rn as I’m pushing you, were you active lurking?
There's a lot of truth to that quote. Personally though, I also get concerned about the person trying to assert a leadership role (as by establishing town blocs) D1. Town leaders and town blocs are good when they occur organically. Otherwise, a scum who successfully makes himself town leader is the most dangerous scum of all. I know, I've done it. :)

VOTE: Scum reading
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 197, scum reading wrote:A lynch on me would actually give zero information.
Why is that?

Last time I heard that argument, it was from scum. Just sayin'...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 132, scum reading wrote:I don’t like you townreading people based on wording, I didn’t even give that post too much attention since it was rvs. You town read people based on single posts, just like you did with wazoo. Your reads smell funny,
you’re getting too defensive
, which is what I wanted.
What would you make of your own reaction to a wagon? You seem pretty defensive...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 219, scum reading wrote:I could've easily parked my vote on ASC and getting a lynch on her, but I town read her.
Are you saying you're good at convincing people to vote with you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 220, scum reading wrote: If I flip town, who would the next accusation be thrown on to?
If I flip scum, who would the next accusation be thrown on to?
That's scummy af. I saw it at another site, so I tried it in my first scum game here. It didn't work.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 226, scum reading wrote: I requested a hammer on me, how's that reacting defensive lol.
If you're town, that's playing against wincon.

You're either admitting you're scum, or admitting that you're breaking one of the top two site rules.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 234, scum reading wrote: How's requesting a hammer on me playing against my wincon.
A townie's death is against his wincon, unless he feels his flip will provide significant information to town. Yet, you said that your flip wouldn't provide such information (and didn't explain why that is when I asked BTW).

If you're town and think your flip won't provide information, then advocating your own lynch is playing against wincon.
You've been here enough to see people voting themselves and requesting getting night-killed and lynch
Yep, and I've seen townies hammer themselves - and I've reported them for playing against wincon.
and you are saying this right now?
Yeah, I generally don't discuss it until someone has requested to be hammered.
Are you really that desperate to get my lynched? You're now using this meta level of wincon to get me lynched? lmao
I don't think you're playing against wincon, because I don't think you're town. I think you're scum saying
lynch me
for AtE.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 237, scum reading wrote: This argument is in your favour because I am aware of the rules and I can't quote the wincon.
Requesting a hammer is AtE
and not playing against your wincon, I still am leading a vote on scum and I haven't voted myself, so I'm not playing against my wincon. You are picking on a single post as well, but my overall posting was according to my wincon. Again, I gave town reads, I gathered information, it's town choice if they want to lynch me.
OK. As I said, I don't really think you're playing against wincon. I think you're scum.
I asked you to give me a logical reasoning on who the next person would get accused if I'm lynched and I flipped town/scum, so it seems you're the one who avoided my question, actually.
No, you don't answer a question by rephrasing it and asking the questioner to answer it for you. But let's go with that. Suppose you're right and we can't get information from your flip. What does that say about your play today? You're a hard null? You're equally townie and scummy?
Even you said and actually bolded me saying in my post "You're getting too defensive, which is what I wanted" and you said I was getting defensive. Getting defensive =/= playing against my wincon, you just refuted your own argument man. What else do you have against me? If I am town and I got defensive, then that means my hammer post was AtE.
Now yu're trying to switch my arguments that you're scum to the argument that you're playing against wincon, which again, I really don't hold.

You seem to think that when people get defensive from being pushed that's SCUMMY (note I didn't mention wincon). You got pushed and got defensive (and you didn't get higher than L-2). That's SCUMMY (again, has nothing to do with wincon) by your own criteria.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 243, scum reading wrote:If you had an issue with my post, you would've reported it in a pm to the mod, instead you use it to make me look more suspicious, Persivul, you're a special one.
I used it to pressure you. That's called scum hunting.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 254, teacher wrote:Disagree - it’s the weekend which is low activity generally - making 2 of those days more like 1. This room is also inactive. We need a consensus target NOW to allow room for claims and response. (Though I’m still hoping for an extension when the mod response to my request).
So vote scum reading. All the cool SEs are doing it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 257, GrandWazoo wrote:@teacher
All the more reason to vote SR. Why aren't you voting SR?
^This
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 260, teacher wrote:Im willing to hammer him, but think
his continued presence helps town regardless of his alignment.
He is keeping the game active and forcing stances -- creating more alignment indicative information. There are other reasons as well, but I think he benefits town by being present in day 2.
WTF dude this is a micro. Without a scum lynch D3 is LYLO.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: The ASC
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Persivul »

One vote isn't a wagon. If you mean that merely changing votes is scum indicative, then...check out this shit:

Spoiler:
In post 77, scum reading wrote:If there’s a cop, they should be on chennis. He is suspicious as both scum and town, nobody will be able to get a read on him, unless we want to lynch him rn and cop can check someone else. His no-lynch vote followed up by a stack up vote within 9 posts is sus for me

VOTE: Chennisden
In post 86, scum reading wrote:
In post 41, Sekaedy wrote:
In post 8, teacher wrote:So this is my first non-IC newbie game. Welcome everyone, and skellen especially from our history. I had a custom of posing some introductory questions to get the game started:

1. What is your experience at Mafia
2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
Sup I'm alive

1. I've have a decent amount of experience with One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Town of Salem and Mindnight. Not much with the actual game. I'm looking forward to learning though!
2/3. I'm not really sure yet. I usually try to pay attention to information and deduce stuff based on that but I am... inconsistent alol.
4. I don't think there are any consistent tells one way or the other. It's kind of like putting together a puzzle almost lol.

And also I feel it is necessary to position my vote on VOTE: Zeito.
Why is it necessary?

I like my PoE and this seems like a good slot to pressure, hop on at any time you like
In post 92, scum reading wrote:I was planning to after Seka would say something, but I guess this works as well

In post 125, scum reading wrote:
In post 120, teacher wrote:
In post 119, scum reading wrote:
In post 115, teacher wrote:
In post 93, scum reading wrote:ASC, Persi, Zeito these are my town reads at the moment
Im with you on ASC. But what about Persi is town? His lurk/prod especially from an SE, plus quoted above, are giving me a scum tingle. He seems to agree with the same Wazoo post I agreed with -- calling it NSS -- but then questions the town read based on it? Who wants to prevent town from recognizing town......
Idk what NSS is, can you explain? I’ll explain why I think Persivul’s town afterwards
No
surprise
Sherlock, at least by my google of it.
Although Persivul isn’t that active, his posts aren’t filled with chit chatting and stuff, he’s serious about the game and tries to scumhunt when able to. Besides, he took the vote off of you, although he could’ve built a wagon because of my case and his. He’s voted 3 persons for information and reactions, he’s not trying to hop on wagons, when ASC’s wagon built up, he switched his vote, that is townie, he could’ve made a whole case against you or anyone here and tunnel them.

At this point, I believe the scum-team is formed of 1 inactive player (Seka is the most sus for this slot) and then the other would be a somewhat active player. I got my information on teacher, so now I invite everyone to push a Seka wagon, maybe this time it works.

And now we play the waiting game, boring
In post 149, scum reading wrote:Yeah, idk what happened, must’ve missed it. I don’t have the energy to have a debate on why your reads don’t benefit town, I’ll just leave you be.

VOTE: Wazoo

You’re still in rvs.
In post 162, scum reading wrote:You’re right, it’s just that I feel like the day will be wasted if we lynch him lol

VOTE: chennisden
In post 227, scum reading wrote:
In post 223, Persivul wrote:
In post 220, scum reading wrote: If I flip town, who would the next accusation be thrown on to?
If I flip scum, who would the next accusation be thrown on to?
That's scummy af. I saw it at another site, so I tried it in my first scum game here. It didn't work.
I'm not you though. You said you were reading mastina articles, didn't you read the gambit thing? It's perfectly reasonable.

VOTE: Persivul
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Persivul »

NSS. Since I'm the SECOND vote, that means there was ONE vote before I got on. That means that I didn't hop on to a wagon.

And don't joke with me. I don't like you.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 273, scum reading wrote:It takes two to tango
In post 29, Persivul wrote:
In post 18, TheASC wrote:Just noticed most of you have done an RVS vote and I feel like I probably should too.

In post 85, Persivul wrote:People I won't vote rn: Skellen, TheASC
People I will vote: teacher, GrandWazoo

In post 122, Persivul wrote:VOTE: Sekaedy
Did I say anything about moving votes?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 277, Zeito wrote:I would prefer a different lynch for today though.
Who?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 313, scum reading wrote:
In post 308, u r a person 2 wrote:im like two pages in atm but the scum team is TheASC and GW
I can imagine this scum team as well. Post never comes from town.
When you use the post tags you have to get the numbers only. When you include a space within the tags, it defaults to post 0.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: WAZOO
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 430, u r a person 2 wrote:this is legit scummy af tho
How so?

You can argue that it's bad town play, but scummy is ridiculous. That's town at least 95% of the time.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 431, u r a person 2 wrote:ok gl i expect to be dead by d2
If you're not, should we scum read you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 435, u r a person 2 wrote: I'm sorry, are you arguing that I should town read you for your hammer because awful hammers usually come from town?
Yes. Scum almost never make that vote.
Why don't you tell us why YOU made that play?
I had a scum read on him early.
You made a good case on him.
was a horrible post.

And remember, he hasn't flipped yet. If I were scum in his shoes, I'd make a claim hoping that a townie would make a pointless CC and help my partner.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 438, u r a person 2 wrote:why didn't you ask for a claim?
Because I'm tired. Yes, since this is a newbie, I should have gone by the book and given intent. My brain just didn't go through all the motions.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 439, u r a person 2 wrote:we should have just lynched through the doc claim tbh
I considered that too, but it wouldn't have worked.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 440, u r a person 2 wrote:if I knew we were going to get a lolhammer anyway i would have pushed that
Which is it...scum hammer, or lolhammer? There's a difference.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 443, u r a person 2 wrote:also I think your hammer actually comes from scum a lot more often than you're presenting. It might come from town more often than not, but i think it comes from scum a lot more than 5%
Are you an alt? If not...talk when you have more experience.

What's the scum!pers motivation for the hammer? I hadn't been under pressure the entire phase. There was no competing wagon, so I wasn't trying to save a buddy.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #41) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 447, u r a person 2 wrote:Eh, I was in the process of giving GW the road map to showing himself as town,
Er...why?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 500, chennisden wrote:VT. To you, Persivul.
VT.

And again, think motivations.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 502, chennisden wrote:Mislynching gives us 3 town 2 scum which is MyLo.
No, that's lylo. 4:2 is mylo.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 504, chennisden wrote:Persivul, do not claim.
Claims are a formality at this point. We have a flipped JK and a claimed doc.

If there is another town PR, they should claim. Then we lynch the doc.

Otherwise, everyone's going to claim VT.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 508, u r a person 2 wrote:Scum literally never kills TheASC if he is the real doctor at least until we lynch the roleblocker that must exist if he is a true doctor.
That's ridiculous. With the other town PR dead and the doc claim not CC'd,
the doc becomes conftown
. It is certainly in scum's best interest to kill it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 513, scum reading wrote:There’s no reason to kill the doc claim with a roleblocker in game. Him staying alive will raise suspicion on him, maf are aware of that, which is why I think maf has big boi brains
Wrong. Without a CC, and with the JK flip, the doc claim is conftown.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 530, u r a person 2 wrote: i get maybe one of the new players saying this shit but no it doesn't and you're experienced enough to know this, wtf.

Column c, row 2. JK + VT against 2 goons
You're right. I missed that one. This is my first time with the new newbie system and frankly I'm making a mess of it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 532, insomnia wrote:Pers, who would you lynch today?
Maybe you. I need to read the scum game you played under this alt. The only reason I backed off of you D1 was that I found a scum game in which you were pretty bad - really obviously different from this game. If your scum game has improved, that changes things.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Persivul »

Teacher likely got killed for a reason. His last reads list:
In post 357, teacher wrote:Zeito is my only lock town, with Persi not far behind. Funny how much things have changed since the game got active:
Teacher
Zeito
Persivul
URAP
Skellen
Scumreading
Chennis

Wazoo
ASC*daypass
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 532, insomnia wrote:Pers, who would you lynch today?
And actually I won't be terribly opposed to my own lynch. I'm a good player who's having a bad game. It happens. I probably shouldn't make it to lylo.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Persivul »

My flu-addled brain isn't working too well, so let's see if I understand the setup at this point.

We have a flipped JK and a claimed doctor. That means either:

- We're in A2 and ASC is legit.
- We're in B2, but tracker hasn't CC'd ASC for some reason.
- We're in C2 - ASC is scum who made a lucky PR claim.

Is that accurate?

If so, I don't like the shade being thrown at ASC. Yes, conftown was too strong, but still...it's a pretty good claim.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Persivul »

So if mafia have two goons, there's a 2/3 chance that a doctor fakeclaim wouldn't get CC'd.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 542, Persivul wrote:So if mafia have two goons, there's a 2/3 chance that a doctor fakeclaim wouldn't get CC'd.
And, she was at L-1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #54) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 544, scum reading wrote:
In post 542, Persivul wrote:So if mafia have two goons, there's a 2/3 chance that a doctor fakeclaim wouldn't get CC'd.
Yes, a 33% shot at getting away with a doc fake claim as scum
Yes, I'm seeing that the fake claim scenario isn't far-fetched at all.

I also found this interesting, considering the crap I've taken for hammering before a claim:
In post 341, scum reading wrote:VOTE: ASC

I'm fine with either lynch in between the two, now it's Lynch minus one,
feel free to hammer
Further along that line, I don't like that you moved off the wagon at L-2, then when it went back to L-2 you jumped back on to make it L-1. That's a move I sometimes use as scum, since a lot of people are hesitant to make an L-1 vote.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (isolation #55) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 475, scum reading wrote:I usually have at least a scum sorted by day two, I’m just clueless this game. Re-reading ISO’s and there aren’t scum tells.
Persivul’s freaking hard to read, I don’t want to risk a mislynch on him given that if he’s a townie, town will benefit a lot.
I think VCA will be my scum hunting tool after wazoo’s flip, but I probably won’t live to give my reads
In post 509, scum reading wrote:VOTE: Persivul
What changed?

When I saw the vote at first I assumed it was for the hammer. Re-reading, I see that you twice supported hammers without claims, and you were consistent in that you didn't join the chorus howling for my head.

So, why the vote on me to start the day?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #56) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 577, scum reading wrote:Scum team : urap and chennisden.

I’ll fight both of you guys at the same time, come at me
Honestly I kinda like scum reading in that battle.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #57) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 593, scum reading wrote:Damn it
There are different color skins. Keep alts in different windows using different skins. Much harder to slip up that way.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (isolation #58) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 602, scum reading wrote:By skins you mean those board style things like mafSilver ?
I guess. I have like a tan background. I don't do alts, but once I did a hydra and used black or something for it to avoid slips.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (isolation #59) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 629, u r a person 2 wrote:chenn he's just scum. it's clear as day.

he was getting heat when I came in, and I gave him a lifeline.[1]
He just had a successful scum game, and I'm sure he felt his partner wasn't pulling their weight d1, and so
he jumped on the bus when I pushed ASC with the fake claim plan [2]
Your first post was 308. Conveniently, there was a VC just before that:
In post 307, northsidegal wrote:
VC 1.04

votes
[3] TheASC
:
teacher , Persivul , scum reading
[1] scum reading
:
GrandWazoo
[1] Zeito
:
Sekaedy
[1] chennisden
:
Zeito

[3] Not Voting
:
Skellen , TheASC , chennisden

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-03-13 17:37:59)

Mod Notes
: :D
[1] He had one vote when you came in. So, no, you didn't give him a lifeline.

[2] He was already voting ASC, so no, he didn't jump on the bus when you pushed ASC.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 645, u r a person 2 wrote:but look at how it's like a stream of consciousness that ducks and weaves and finds its way back to the conclusion he's looking for. I'm having trouble to put it to words, but i think you all can find the connection between his style in his scum game and here

and it's simply not a style that comes from a town mindset.
I played a game where he was town and stream of consciousness type posts were pretty common for him:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=78950
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 331, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 260, teacher wrote:
Im willing to hammer him, but think his continued presence helps town regardless of his alignment. He is keeping the game active and forcing stances -- creating more alignment indicative information. There are other reasons as well, but I think he benefits town by being present in day 2.
I swear if this game ever lynches scum reading I will go on a long, cathartic (for me) rant in post game

he's so obviously town, he might as well post in green text
I don't read this as merely based on meta.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 388, u r a person 2 wrote:The SR read is partially meta. This game and his scum game are night and day. Also, his frustration levels all the way through the second half of this game tracked to me as super genuine. You can see where your posts really enraged him, and other times where he's still frustrated, but less so. I buy it. Third, in a game with this level of activity, trying to keep the game moving is a town-tell. It really is, and it is for obvious reasons. seriously, this never, ever, ever flips scum
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 454, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 453, Persivul wrote:
In post 447, u r a person 2 wrote:Eh, I was in the process of giving GW the road map to showing himself as town,
Er...why?
what do you mean why?

Because he expressed a desire to work with me, which is not something I turn away from often, regardless of my read.
Sure, if a scum read wants to talk to me, I will. That's a far cry from giving them a road map to townieness. There's no town motivation to give a scum read the means to dodge suspicion. That makes no sense.
Because when my reads are wrong, working through the game with someone is a great way to figure out that they're wrong
Again, that doesn't entail giving a scum read a road map to townieness.
Because if he is scum, giving him what appears to be a lifeline is a great way to con scum into continuing to spew
Meh, that's slightly legit.
Because he's not some scum-god, and I'm not worried about him talking his way out of a lynch
If you give him "the road map to showing himself as town," then yes, he's going to talk his way out of the lynch.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (isolation #64) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 498, u r a person 2 wrote:I think my worlds are actually

{ASC, Chenn} and {Pers, Chenn}
In post 499, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: chenn
@scum reading: this makes urap/chenn pretty hard to believe.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 626, u r a person 2 wrote:swap out SR for chenn in my poe beceause chenn was always a poe read anyway, he's mislynch bait always as town, and SR's push on him basically spews him town.

VOTE: SR

also acceptable lynch today is ASC because he's scum
So you think scum reading was busing his partner D1? Cause he sure looked willing for an ASC lynch before the claim.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 656, scum reading wrote:Alright, I’m getting kind of bored here, can we send chennisden to the dead pt already? Begoneeeeee scuuum
No. You need to reassess urap/chenn because they don't look like a team together. urap starts by putting a vote on me, hoping the quickhammer would generate a fast wagon. When that didn't take off, he moved to chenn, thinking that's the next easiest mislynch.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Persivul »

mod can we have a vc?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (isolation #68) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 678, u r a person 2 wrote:i am super happy with the wagons today being scum reading and myself
With my push back on scum reading, I would think that town!urap would have developed some doubt. Your confidence is part of what's troubling me.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 677, chennisden wrote:agreed
Really?

What was wrong about my rebuttal of his main points in that post?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:51 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 685, chennisden wrote:
In post 661, Persivul wrote:
Im willing to hammer him, but think his continued presence helps town regardless of his alignment. He is keeping the game active and forcing stances -- creating more alignment indicative information. There are other reasons as well, but I think he benefits town by being present in day 2.
I swear if this game ever lynches scum reading I will go on a long, cathartic (for me) rant in post game

I think 257 and 260 are more interesting - the guys who scumread SR are dead
What do you think of my actual point - that urap hasn't adequately explained his change on scum reading?

And why do I feel like your scum partner fed that post to you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 693, scum reading wrote:Pers, you just said that chennis - urap team doesn’t make sense. Are you suggesting chennis is scum with someone else? Why not urap?
This page has me second-guessing that position.

urap/chenn either aren't scum together, or did some good distancing. I need to check that. We also need the inactives to post more.

I'd vote urap before chenn.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #72) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 712, u r a person 2 wrote:do it then, boyo,
Fuck you.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (isolation #73) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 717, scum reading wrote:Just vote chennis and you’ll see
It's a possibility. I just red zeito and skel ISOs and they both were getting scum vibes from him as well. Where there's enough smoke...

If chenn flips red, who's his partner?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 511, u r a person 2 wrote:I didn't want to even hint at it until Branching Mafia was finished, but it seriously undermined my read on you SR

You're still probably town, but you aren't lock!town since you were dramatically less awkward than in your newbie game, and that was a part of my read on you.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=79019
OK, I looked at that. Comparing that setup to this is so apples to oranges it's meaningless.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (isolation #75) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Persivul »

@urap: If you want my thoughts, don't misrep me.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #76) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 725, scum reading wrote:
In post 724, Persivul wrote:@urap: If you want my thoughts, don't misrep me.
What if I want your vote? :D
Make a solid case.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (isolation #77) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 730, scum reading wrote:Are you calling my case trash? I’ll quote it again and maybe you’ll see what I see
No, it's not trash. I think I've made a solid case on him too. I'm chilling and studying other people while waiting for input from zeito and skell.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (isolation #78) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 735, scum reading wrote:Also, the fact that Persivul isn’t as aggressive as he usually is with his votes, it makes me re-think his alignment..
Two factors:

Yesterday :giggle:
Mod's on VLA. Need a VC.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #79) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 736, u r a person 2 wrote:i push him for his unreal confidence
Personally I find your confidence to be stronger than his. That's part of my problem with you.

Unfortunately, SR said above he doesn't like being pushed around, and neither do I. So, I know that to some extent I'm biased against you for your playstyle.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (isolation #80) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 740, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm showing a difference between his town game and his scum game.
I've quoted posts of yours where you seemed to town read him for other reasons than meta, i.e. his play in this actual game at hand. Hell, you said he should be posting in green. I don't buy that that was all based on meta. That smells like bullshit. Again, I don't think you've adequately explained your change in read on him.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (isolation #81) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 748, u r a person 2 wrote:if you want me to respond to something else directly, pers, please requote it because i don't remember the post you're talking about
You managed to respond to the posts just before and after these. I'll add some emphasis.
In post 661, Persivul wrote:

In post 662, Persivul wrote:
In post 388, u r a person 2 wrote:The SR read is partially meta. This game and his scum game are night and day.
Also, his frustration levels all the way through the second half of this game tracked to me as super genuine. You can see where your posts really enraged him, and other times where he's still frustrated, but less so. I buy it. Third, in a game with this level of activity, trying to keep the game moving is a town-tell. It really is, and it is for obvious reasons.
seriously, this never, ever, ever flips scum
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (isolation #82) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 845, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: asc
Fuck you beat me to it.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #83) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Persivul »

My vote got there in a couple hours of reading ISOs and rereading most of D1, especially the buildup of the ASC wagon and her claim.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (isolation #84) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 852, u r a person 2 wrote:who is the partner, persivul?
Zeito's the first place I'd look.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (isolation #85) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Persivul »

The near lynch on her looks like a good organic town wagon. If ASC flips red, that clears urap and scum reading to me. skellen (and urap again) also get cleared from this wagon. Chennis has been her main scum read, doubt he's her partner. That leaves zeito. Plus, in her reads list, she put zeito right in the middle, which is where newbscum would put their partner.

The urap/scum reading 1v1 didn't get anywhere as far as wagons. That's telling me we have indecisive scum who were afraid to pick a side too early.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (isolation #86) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 853, Persivul wrote:Zeito's the first place I'd look.
How about you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (isolation #87) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 856, u r a person 2 wrote:hmmm zeito is obv!town tho
No, he's not.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (isolation #88) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 858, scum reading wrote:Persivul's read is actually a good one.
Actually got it from you. Some time ago you said wazoo > ASC, and if necessary > zeito.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (isolation #89) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 857, u r a person 2 wrote:scum reading is the partner

other worlds include {scum reading + you) and {chenn + you} but these are orders of magnitude less likely

skellen and zeito are never scum in any world
Just when I'm getting comfortable with you, you go and scum things up again. Point being that you said the same thing about scum reading, and have since backed off it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (isolation #90) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 864, scum reading wrote:IF we kill scum today
What's this "we" shit?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (isolation #91) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Persivul »

Yeah I'd actually prefer to wait and see. Please don't hammer, SR.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (isolation #92) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Post by Persivul »

It's interesting that:

- The wagon is on ASC
- When asked, I was the one who implicated Zeito as partner

Yet, Zeito comes in and basically gets into a 1v1 with SR.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #93) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 887, scum reading wrote:Can I hammer now and we vote Zeito tomorrow?
As far as I'm concerned, yes, you can hammer now. Zeito had his chance.

Regarding voting Zeito tomorrow - assuming ASC flips red, he's where I'm looking first, but there's still analysis to be done.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (isolation #94) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 899, TheASC wrote:Anyway, I never said I was doctor, just that I was claiming doctor. There's a subtle difference.
That's part of why I came back to you.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (isolation #95) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 909, chennisden wrote:Holy fuck we just lynched ASC
What's this "we"?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (isolation #96) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Persivul »

Spoiler:
In post 297, Zeito wrote:Regarding scum reading (the player):
First off I think there's a line between wagon hopping and changing your reads, one is scummy and one is towny, but I'm leaning the latter on SR because it feels like they did it knowing they could be sr'd for it (and then later shifts onto Persivul).
In post 168, scum reading wrote:It’s not shady, I’m just a really indecisive person and I like to be as transparent as possible. I advocated for you not getting lynched in my first posts as well, I still stand by it, but regardless of the flip, I think this is the most beneficial lynch at the moment. Sorry, chennis :(
I think being indecisive is fair. I think we disagree on how far chennis would be helpful as an info-lynch if they flip town, though.

Also, I saw they asked to be hammered at some point. I do not know how to read defeatism.

However, scum reading has been putting townreads on players fairly unnecessarily, highlights my thoughts on this, I would like you to provide some reasoning with these if possible, even just 'gutread'.

Regarding chennis:
In post 168, scum reading wrote:It’s not shady, I’m just a really indecisive person and I like to be as transparent as possible. I advocated for you not getting lynched in my first posts as well, I still stand by it, but regardless of the flip, I think this is the most beneficial lynch at the moment. Sorry, chennis :(
In post 169, chennisden wrote:VOTE: scum reading

Advocating policy is something scum does.

Finding and lynching scum is something town does.
Like I said before, I had originally voted teacher after they voted chennis because it felt like chennis was an easy push. However, I'm starting to scumread chennis more and more.

"Scumreading seems like he wants to prevent my mislynch, but then he switches to voting me very fast. / Shady shady" You do this immediately after, townreading scum reading in without much reasoning to do so, and then voting him after one post. Was your original townread just that frail?
You did give reasoning, however - "Advocating policy is something scum does." But I do feel he has a point, chennis would be an easy lynch in the later stages of the game. It comes off more to me as if he was just thinking it through more.
I'm inclined to vote chennisden, I think. I'll review at the bottom of my post.

Regarding GW:
In post 184, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 182, Skellen wrote:@GW:
To begin with I usually have troubles with reading erratic players like SR. What indicates town in his case is his effort as he is aggressively lashing out in any directions to get a grip on other players. Although it bothers me that he tried twice to after the guy who hasn't even been in the thread for 2-3 days and is now finally getting replaced. In case of his interaction with teacher for me the most important post # is where he explains his motivation. I can sympathize with that attitude, because in my first game with teacher I had the very same mindset with instantly jumping at teacher at the first opening to get a better impression of his personality, even although definitely not that aggressive as SR does. Also I am doubting if scum!SR would have been that bold to provoke such a 1v1 with a player like teacher on Day 1 considering the attention it caused.
It's that very erratic style of play that's striking me as anti-town. Wagon-hopping betrays a lack of conviction, at best. Directing investigative roles out of the gate. "Pushing" a player that isn't here, as you said. Saying the chennisden wagon is would be a waste of time then doing an instant 180 and voting them . Declaring "pressure vote" on Persival without actually voting. Voting me for still being in RVS after I'd explicitly stated it was now a real vote . As for the 1v1 with teacher, I see both sides making a big deal over trivial matters. No problem with this in principle, since it often gives the other players insights into the two players' alignments. But in this case I didn't come away with any better idea on how to sort them. I don't know if his push on teacher was "bold" or just distracting.

Chennisden has redeemed himself somewhat so

VOTE: SR
Sorry if you've already responded to this, I'm reading through and typing these out as I go. How has chennisden redeemed themself?
In post 190, GrandWazoo wrote:My problem isn't with your activity, SR, but in the nature thereof. Bandwagon-hopping and "swinging at random" IS distracting, hence anti-town. As is your push on teacher, based on a single post (which was itself about the ASCwagon over a single post) It would be like me jumping on teacher over the RVS opening-tip analogy. Trivial points like this don't merit pushes unless you show they're part of a larger scum agenda.

As Persivul says, orchestrating wagons for "pressure" is futile. If you think someone's scum, just vote them and say why. Now nobody will feel pressured by your vote because the target knows it's not a serious wagon and you'll be voting someone else in a page or two.
GW has continually cited SRs posts as distracting, but it seems they weren't that distracting (since you obtained a scumread off of them). I'm assuming I'm being pedantic and you meant more like "they meant to be distracting" but I have to agree that there wasn't much to distract from - scum doesn't tend to distract town with themself, at least not from the games I've played.
I do feel GW is justified in reading SRs votes as wagon hopping, he does change his reads a little quickly, and they seem a little unstable. He has mentioned his votes are like this however (whether you trust self pmeta like that or not) and like I said before, he has recognised that wagon-hopping is scummy yet seems to continue to do so to push for reads.

Regarding Persivul

I think he's made some strong points and shows effort to scumhunt, although many of them do seem to be metas. I'm fairly unsure of this slot, but I don't think it's the lynch for today.
In post 197, scum reading wrote:A lynch on me would actually give zero information.
Why is that?

Last time I heard that argument, it was from scum. Just sayin'...
Meta reads like this make it seem like you have reasoning to be scumreading something but without making you show us that reasoning. In this particular case, I do agree it feels a little scummy to argue that, but I would like you to show us more of what you're thinking, basically.

I'm sure there's a limit to the length of a post that y'all can take and it's 4am so I'm going to continue looking at this tomorrow. I will quickly summarise where I'll put my vote for now though, and where I would be willing to shift it to.

VOTE: chennisden

See "regarding chennisden" above. A lynch on TheASC would be fine too, but I have a stronger scumread on chennis right now, as well as the belief that if he were to flip town he would give more info than town!asc lynch.
I would also be happy with a lynch on GrandWazoo (see above).

I would prefer not to lynch Sekaedy, Skellen, teacher, or Persivul today. To me Skellen is bleeding town right now, I've commented on Persivul above, Sekaedy is inactive, and I no longer have a strong scumread on teacher.

As for a lynch on SR... possibly. I also wrote some thoughts about him above, and although it may look like I'm defending them, I mostly just want to distinguish between being indecisive and wagon-hopping. Whether or not I would feel comfortable voting SR I'm not completely sure about, so maybe they would be my fourth option to lynch today. Like I said, I'll post more tomorrow and hopefully we can reach a decent lynch.[/quote]

Assuming ASC flips red, you
MUST
lynch Zeito tomorrow for this vote and post. No ifs, ands or buts.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (isolation #97) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1004, Zeito wrote:
In post 901, scum reading wrote:I would’ve killed Urap personally if i were you. Your nk helped my poe a lot, I was starting to suspect teacher at the end of day one
It would help if you told them what exactly was the scumtell inside that spoiler. I write some REALLY long posts.
Sure - attempt to start a new wagon when ASC got to L-2, but a weak scum read on her as well to cover your ass in case the lynch did go through:
See "regarding chennisden" above. A lynch on TheASC would be fine too, but I have a stronger scumread on chennis right now, as well as the belief that if he were to flip town he would give more info than town!asc lynch.
But I can push it myself, right? Because if scum isn't you, there's no reason I'd die tonight. :D
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (isolation #98) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1035, scum reading wrote:What I do know is that you're way scummier than Persivul, that's for sure. So go ahead and get into a 1v1 with him.

@Persivul yo, game's starting, you have to be here
I'm here and watching. Nothing's been said to change my mind so far. I think zeito's scum who's in a really bad position and doing what he can.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (isolation #99) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1039, scum reading wrote:Why aren't you voting then?
There's a couple ISOs I want to read.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (isolation #100) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: scum reading

Happy now?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (isolation #101) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Persivul »

Just chill out dipshit. People haven't even posted yet.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (isolation #102) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Persivul »

Are you like 14 years old? Serious question.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (isolation #103) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Persivul »

@ skell & chenn - in case it's not obvious my vote on scum reading is just because he's being a nagging pain in the ass.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (isolation #104) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1058, Zeito wrote:Percy (can I call you that? or will you policy me) please tell me that isn’t your sole reason for lynching him.
Yes, I'm just voting him because he's being a pain in the ass. I town read him. That read is based largely on meta, and also on votes he's made on ASC.

UNVOTE:

I'm like 90% sure on you as scum, but TBH I haven't looked at chenn much. I'm mostly town on skell, but there's a couple things about him that don't thrill me.

SR seems to forget that yesterday, while he and urap were going at it, I also didn't vote - and in the end we all ended up together on a scum lynch.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (isolation #105) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1066, scum reading wrote:You don't vote people because they're being a pain in the ass.
I do. Not to the point of game throwing, but...yeah, I'll vote someone just because I don't like them.
What did you even want to accomplish with that vote?
Best case was to shut you up until the other two come in. Didn't think that would happen. Secondary goal was just to piss you off.

People don't have to play to your timetable.

Get over yourself.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (isolation #106) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1067, scum reading wrote:when I tell you to vote him
This is the problem.

When you TELL ME to do something, I'm inclined to do the opposite just because I don't like being told what to do.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (isolation #107) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1088, Zeito wrote:See, this is the fundamental difference here...
Maybe we like to think first, vote later?
In post 13, Zeito wrote:2. An actual chance to pmeta myself I cant say how this will change on a chatroom, but
I play aggressively
, without being scared to joke around here and there.
3. In my better games, I act similarly to how I would in #2. In worse games, like when I play as solo scum,
I'm too nervous to replicate the level of activity I get in 2.
Scum by your own admission. :)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (isolation #108) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: Zeito
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (isolation #109) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:48 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1081, chennisden wrote:scum expecting town to follow his lynch order and stuff - seems like scum upset that his planned chen/urap lynch did not go through and buddy was lynched

scum getting mad - seems fake af
No, that's totally in character for town!SR. In my other game with him (previously linked) he was town and totally flaked out. He doesn't have the patience for week-long phases.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (isolation #110) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1098, Zeito wrote:A lot easier to play aggressively on chat-based mafia.
You're capable of playing aggressively in posting and tone. You've shown that since ASC was lynched and I named you as partner.

You're still not aggressive on votes, which would be expected from scum in this gamestate.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (isolation #111) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 346, TheASC wrote:Current notes/reads, roughly sorted from most to least town top to bottom:

scum reading: Seems to be consistent with her original post stating that her “reads will change a lot”, which explains the 10 votes on 6 different people. She took initiative pressuring chennisden in #77...
If SR is scum:

- ASC put him at the top of his reads list
- ASC used the wrong pronouns for him, despite having a PT with day talk

Those are advanced distancing techniques that I don't think ASC has yet.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (isolation #112) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 893, TheASC wrote:I'll be honest, I survived a lot longer than I thought I would. Also, SR I'm male. Didn't want to mention it earlier but I was very much aware of it (see me referring to you as female since my d1 reads post)
OK, scratch the point about pronouns.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (isolation #113) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 905, TheASC wrote:
In post 900, scum reading wrote:mind telling us your thought process on why teacher was a good kill? Just because of his post where he accused you?
PM me after the game and I'd be happy to.
Again, either scum reading is town, or ASC is very good at distancing, despite being very bad as scum otherwise.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (isolation #114) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 am

Post by Persivul »

ASC's push on chenn looks real to me. I'll give posts if needed.

Lynch zeito today. I'm very confident that will end it, but if it doesn't, lynch SR tomorrow.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (isolation #115) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Persivul »

Look at ASC's pushes/votes on Chen and tell me that's scum distancing.

Yes, Chen is wrong to be scum reading you on playstyle issues rather than motivations. But you OMGUSing doesn't help matters.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #116) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1141, scum reading wrote:This post is utter shit.
An utter shit post can be bad town or scum. So, saying a post is utter shit doesn't help solve the game. Explain why it's utter shit.

In this instance, I'm firmly on Zeito. I've mostly been defending you. Skellen's POE seems to be you and Zeito. So, scum!chenn would likely side with me on Zeito today, kill me tonight, then lynch you with Skellen tomorrow for the win.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #117) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Persivul »

Aside from RVS, Chennisden is literally the only person ASC ever voted for.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (isolation #118) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1151, scum reading wrote:Persivul won’t hammer, Zeito won’t hammer. If any of them does, they are hammering their strongest town read => they’re scum
Dude, my town bloc rn is me, skell, chenn. While I do town read you, you're after those two.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (isolation #119) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Persivul »

Maybe. :D
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (isolation #120) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Persivul »

Did you not see this?
In post 1114, Persivul wrote:ASC's push on chenn looks real to me. I'll give posts if needed.

Lynch zeito today. I'm very confident that will end it, but if it doesn't, lynch SR tomorrow.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (isolation #121) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1156, scum reading wrote:Not a single town that scum reads me will hammer me in this situation.

Not a single scum will hammer, unless they have a death wish.

Let’s see how long it takes for chennisden to realise his reads are fucked
Self-voting gambits are the dumbest, most infantile plays in the game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (isolation #122) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1159, scum reading wrote:Chennis, dude, I’m at L-1 with Zeito and Persivul on me

Your vote isn’t on anyone, you have to vote.
Chenn is already voting you.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (isolation #123) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1161, scum reading wrote:Can you let me bait, please?
No. We have plenty of info. It's time for analysis. Stupid tricks aren't going to help.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (isolation #124) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Persivul »

That's an L-1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (isolation #125) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Persivul »

Until he changes it in 15 minutes...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (isolation #126) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Persivul »

Not sure what's up with mod, but it might be awhile before we find out for sure.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (isolation #127) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Persivul »

I PM'd mod.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (isolation #128) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Persivul »

I would have bet a hundred bucks the NK would be me or Skellen. This is fucked up, but really interesting.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #129) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1186, scum reading wrote:Persivul, wanna comment on my thought process at all?
No. You were my second choice as scum yesterday. Now you're my first, but I need to review Skellen.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (isolation #130) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Persivul »

scum, you know the chenn and urap kills heavily implicate you, right?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (isolation #131) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Persivul »

I read Skellen's ISO and there's no way I would vote that before SR. If Skellen's scum, hats off to her.

I'll wait for last words from both of you, but then I'm voting SR.

p-edit: my mind's made up, it's up to Skellen now.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (isolation #132) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1192, scum reading wrote:Your “implication” comes from the fact that I kill the people that say “scum reading is scum”
Oops.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (isolation #133) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Persivul »

Skellen, if you're scum, gg.

VOTE: scum reading
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (isolation #134) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Persivul »

So, who won?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (isolation #135) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1202, Skellen wrote:Basically I wrote everything for nothing, should have just waited some more minutes.
So you're scum?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (isolation #136) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1204, Skellen wrote:<---- Scum
Well done. :D
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (isolation #137) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1208, scum reading wrote:I was writing a post in which I basically said the nk didn’t even matter, I’d be the lynch regardless
If you had voted me, I would have been the lynch. Skell won this a long time ago. No one was scum reading her.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (isolation #138) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1208, scum reading wrote:I was writing a post in which I basically said the nk didn’t even matter, I’d be the lynch regardless
But yeah, if she killed me, chenn would have voted you. Only thing that would have hurt her would have been killing you.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (isolation #139) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Persivul »

We didn't get a lot of VCs and stuff happens in between, but FWIW, I just checked the VCs and not a single vote on Skellen. That's impressive.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (isolation #140) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Persivul »

Dude...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #141) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:16 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1240, teacher wrote:Hey all -- Im swamped and have to admit I didnt stay on top of the game. This was well-played by Skellen and ASC. The true surprise of the game to me was the zeito lynch.
Suspicion came from wagons, then he just played horribly when pressured. Not to ride a high horse - this was a bad game for me too. But he really looked like defeated scum.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (isolation #142) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1267, TheASC wrote:Yeah, I'm surprised nobody acknowledged the fact that the near-universal tr made it to lylo
People rarely do. It's not something to be worried about when you're scum. Just play as town as you can.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”