Newbie 1979 | Good Jams | (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 14, dsjstr wrote:
In post 13, insomnia wrote:Town

VOTE: Poyzin
I call your bluff!

VOTE: Insomnia
I call... something.

VOTE: dsjstr

Now the votes have come full circle, and I may rest satisfied.

Regardless, hey everybody! This is my first game on mafiascum, and I'm glad to be here! Do we want to ask questions right now or no? I'd be happy to answer either way.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 25, insomnia wrote:You wouldn’t. I would. And I have.

Enchantress has plenty of success with this. The intro post a person is coming up with can be really telling as to what they have in mind. Poyzin wanted to make a strong appearance and be liked by people. He worked on his post, you can tell. It wasn’t something goofy that villagers usually post.
I-it’s just an intro? Like I understand how RVS works, and I wanted a reason to create a circle of votes, but couldn’t find one. To answer the other question, because I still haven’t figured out multiquoting on mobile (I see the button, but it doesn’t open the reply), I DO have forum mafia experience outside of this game. I understand the importance of well-written replies, and I don’t believe that wanting to make a good first impression is something that necessarily means someone is aligned one way or another.

While I see why you may think the way you do, I don’t intend to deceive anyone. I see why a post like mine may be unexpected for a newbie game.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 36, insomnia wrote:How much experience in terms of months played, not games?
In post 38, insomnia wrote:
In post 35, Poyzin wrote:
In post 25, insomnia wrote:You wouldn’t. I would. And I have.

Enchantress has plenty of success with this. The intro post a person is coming up with can be really telling as to what they have in mind. Poyzin wanted to make a strong appearance and be liked by people. He worked on his post, you can tell. It wasn’t something goofy that villagers usually post.
I understand the importance of well-written replies, and I don’t believe that wanting to make a good first impression is something that necessarily means someone is aligned one way or another.
So you agree that you’ve worked on this post, and you’re saying you’re thinking about each of your posts like that as any alignment? Or you just don’t think it is generally AI?
I agree that I worked on the post, if for only 3 minutes or so to copyedit and make sure that I was communicating my intro properly. I do think about all my posts before I post them regardless of my alignment, which is why I don’t see an issue about the post in question. To answer your other question, I have played forum mafia for approximately a year and a quarter thus far, and I played in real life before that. So I’d like to think there is SOME sense in what I’m saying.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 70, IMASPY wrote:these jams got me thinking im ready to hammer now... am i right guys? I think we probably have all scum but 1 targeted right now..i am not quite sure how many scum is in this damn town.
...did you read the setup before you started posting? While I cannot be sure whether you did or not, I do think that it is safe to say that you did AT LEAST know that the setup to this game was available. You claim that this is not your first game of mafia, and that you have been playing on other sites at #45. I'd like to think that you very well knew where to get your information about the setup.

FoC: IMASPY

@insomnia, I think you may be on to something with dawoodle. How do you feel about IMASPY's #70 though?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 95, Billy Pilgrim wrote:So you came in with a pre-set idea about how you wanted the votes to go, why? How does that help us move out of rvs?
I did not come in with a preset idea of how the votes would have turned out, as that would have required that I would have known that the opportunity to do so would arise immediately after the game starts, which I don’t believe to be feasible to prepare for. As for the second part, it admittedly wouldn’t help move us out of RVS. I saw the opportunity, and I capitalized on completing the circle than voting truly random.

I get that I’m slightly biased by replying to this quote rather than the others, but I’m thinking that Billy is town. Everything that was said appeared to be sensible and clearly posted with good intention. I can’t bear to consider WIFOM at this time, so I’m content with a town read. However, I am more supportive of The Enchantress’s lead on dawoodle, which is where I plan on placing my vote.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Poyzin »

I wanted to add that I will not bring dawoodle to L-1 until Iconeum makes an appearance in the thread. My apologies, I meant to include this in the last post. Not too keen on double posting as it makes it more difficult to find specific posts.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Poyzin »

Hey! Sorry for the delay, it seems that activity really picked up without me. I read myself up over the last couple pages, and I think I have a good feel for the argument against dsjstr.

Luca Blight, what you are saying is pretty convincing. To you, dsjstr is far too worried about the consequences of his actions rather than the actions themselves, and I do agree that this is problematic, because it hinders a user's offense to search for scum and replaces it with defense against other users. I was curious about what information you had on dsjstr. I see that their account was created a couple months ago. Did they not play with a goal of self-preservation in the past? I'm slightly confused on this note, because while their actions have been questionable at best, they seem SOMEwhat understandable. If a townie knows that they are town, shouldn't they want to advocate their townie-ness? I get that there is a limit to how much advocation is done for one's sake, but dsjstr clearly wants to live. I don't think that's a scum-tell for someone who hasn't been around for terribly long and just wants to play the game more than just D1.

Admittedly, your quoting of dsjstr's pile-on votes are definitely sketch. I'm with you on that end.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 194, IMASPY wrote:Also, you have only posted semi non filler when address directly. Look how attentive youve become after the vote.
In addenum, this would also be explained by dsjstr's behavior. If my read of them is correct, then dsjstr is probably town who doesn't want to die, and wants to make sure that he gets his point across that he is town. Because of such, his activity level increased upon being seriously pushed against. I am led to believe that this would be a completely normal activity flux; dsjstr gets talked about, so they feel the need to respond to everything being said about them. Especially with as much heat on dsjstr, there would definitely be many points to respond to.

I don't think this is a fair argument for IMASPY to make, as the increase in activity was instigated by IMASPY's initial vote, and used this reaction to justify the original claim made against dsjstr. Sort of to the effect of: "see? dsjstr is making a lot of posts now that a wagon is forming!"
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 227, IMASPY wrote:So dsjstr i will give you one more chance to defend yourself. Why are you still voting for dawoodle after you voted him to get information out of him? What has dawoodle done or said to convince you he is mafia?
Who are you to be the judge, jury, and executioner? I’m sorry that I don’t have all of the relevant quotes, but you asked dsjstr to defend himself, and then after he does, you decide it isn’t sufficient so you revote. Why would you unvote if you only planned on putting your vote back into dsjstr? I know that you could easily say “I wouldn’t have put my vote back I liked his defense” but that clearly isn’t the case based on this quote. Your vote isn’t worth more than any of the other players, and I’m sure that you didn’t need to unvote to make your point. You really just wanted to leverage your voting power, which as I stated doesn’t account for much.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Poyzin »

I am thoroughly re-reading the messages from #258. If I don't get to somebody's reply between the time that this reply is posted and the time that I'm done replying to past messages, then please don't worry; I'm not ignoring you, I just would like to read the last couple pages in chronological order.
In post 260, IMASPY wrote:
In post 258, Poyzin wrote:
In post 227, IMASPY wrote:So dsjstr i will give you one more chance to defend yourself. Why are you still voting for dawoodle after you voted him to get information out of him? What has dawoodle done or said to convince you he is mafia?
Who are you to be the judge, jury, and executioner? I’m sorry that I don’t have all of the relevant quotes, but you asked dsjstr to defend himself, and then after he does, you decide it isn’t sufficient so you revote. Why would you unvote if you only planned on putting your vote back into dsjstr? I know that you could easily say “I wouldn’t have put my vote back I liked his defense” but that clearly isn’t the case based on this quote. Your vote isn’t worth more than any of the other players, and I’m sure that you didn’t need to unvote to make your point. You really just wanted to leverage your voting power, which as I stated doesn’t account for much.
Actually the reason i revoted is the same reason im still grilling him. I simply asked him to give a reason why he is voting for dawoodle still after pointing out that his L-2 vote on page 4 was scummy. He has dodged it 2 times so far and i have justed asked him a 3rd time. Its unfair for you to dismiss the possibility that i would have not revoted him if he answered my question.
This was not my point. While I truly don't believe that you intended to keep your vote off of dsjstr after your unvote, there is no evidence to say so. After all, every cause has an effect, and I cannot see into your head to determine what options were considered and what was not. It is just my opinion that you had no intention of sparing dsjstr, as it would be impossible for me to know the truth beyond speculation.

However, the evidence that I DO have is this: you DID unvote before you placed your revote. I cannot find a comprehensible reason for doing so, other than to assert your voting power over dsjstr, which isn't worth more than anybody else's. Do you have an explanation for this action?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 261, dsjstr wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 50, insomnia wrote:I was liking daw's intro but his wall makes me shake my previous town lean on him. I think he TMI'd half the playerlist with that post, including me. I think his point about me distinguishing players to look for agendas is a TMI read. I just asked Poyzin a question about his experience because he mentioned he was not new. I was trying to evaluate how to read him based on his experience. I think this is adding unnecessary analysis with tons of logic leaps to conclude a town read on me. He's also attempting to sow doubt in my read because ima was sheeping me. I'm aware he did. I wasn't oblivious to this, but he seems too chill about it and I don't think it's agenda-y. Therefore, I didn't think it needed to be addressed, as I don't see any agenda in that yet. If he'll disagree with something, he'll say so. He probably knows he's gonna have to produce content of his own and most likely will anyway. He's not new.

He's posturing for a set up on either Blatant or Poyzin from that wall. He also said Poyzin seemed innocent for him at first, but then he's accusing Blatant for accepting Poyzin as town, which is illogical and reads as a contrived read to set the pace at a Blatant - Poyzin brawl on day one. That's his intention. It reflects this from "I'd like to see more interaction from them" specifically.

His read on Luca also doesn't make sense, if it was helpful for you, why doesn't it contribute in some way?

VOTE: dawoodle

In all honesty, if this is mafia, I'd be 90% sure that Blatant and Poyzin are both town cleared. So is Ima.
In post 59, insomnia wrote:
In post 58, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 48, dawoodle wrote:Blatant - Has not given much to go off of, but did seem to immediately accept Poyzin as town rather than taking it as a post to view future responses through. I would like to see more interaction from them though.
I would like to see the post where I am claiming that Pyzin is town.
Exactly what I’m trying to convey. He has the information that we’re town, so he looks for things that can look compelling for clearing us and therefore showing he has thoughtful reads, but it just proves that he has TMI on us because there’s nothing that suggests a person’s intent with a post like “How many months have you been playing mafia for?”

The progression on a read is basically non-existent and that reads list is probably made only to give a pretext for setting up the playground for Blatant and Pyzin to play in. It would be weird only to say “These 2 are probably scum and should confront more”.

I am confident about this read on daw because that’s exactly how I play as scum.

I think that whole wall post’s intention was to prepare in advance for potential wagons on Blatant and Pyzin. The other reads are very carelessly given or are mainly null reads.
In post 74, insomnia wrote:Looks scummy but town do scummy things anyway. He couldn’t even hammer because there’s not enough votes on anyone.

Right now I’m focused on daw though, he definitely has faulty assumptions that can be made only if he has our roles. If he’s town then he’s doing reads for no reason and is trying to match things already supposing that we’re town, which is bad.

But right now I’m tempted to say he’s probably scum. A town wouldn’t assume stuff from posts, they want concrete evidence.
In post 83, insomnia wrote:Billy’s entrance is not good. Meh.

Billy - daw would be too simple though..

I still think daw is scum and should be pushed, for the record.

I probably won’t post anything until I either change my read on daw or billy starts doing townie stuff. Or daw.

That's my reasoning and I'm not telling you this in order to get you to change your vote. If you think I am scum still than vote for me that is your choice and only your choice to make.
So I understand that you stated that you wouldn't be much help in reads, but do you have any other opinion on this besides echoing insomnia? If that is the case, that doesn't really do much in terms of wanting to contribute, but rather has you serve as a +1 buddy. There isn't anything wrong with agreeing with somebody, but do you have any interpretations of dawoodle of your own, or are they word-for-word with insomnia's?

If you already answered this, please ignore this message.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 292, insomnia wrote:The only thing I didn’t like about djstr is that he said he doesn’t trust SE’s but he’s following the lead of an SE right now, as well as his reasoning. But he did mention he town reads me, despite knowing I’m an SE.
Dsjstr ALSO said in post #229 that "[he] still believe that Luca is town even though [he] just said [he doesn't] trust SE's". Very strange to say the least, given that Blatant Scum is the only other SE.

Speaking of which, can we seriously get a prod on Blatant scum? It's been over two days and I'm itching for more information on that end.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 296, IMASPY wrote:
In post 258, Poyzin wrote:
\

I am all three in this game.... that is exactly what this game is... all townies are all three of those things. I have already replied to this post, but I was looking through poyzins post and i forgot to make this point the first time.
This is definitely just a difference in mafia philosophies, so I will politely have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, one player CANNOT be the judge, the jury, and the executioner. Not you, and definitely not me either. If this were the case, the whole game would be dictated by a decuple voter who instantly lynches on the spot. This is how I see things in this regard:

Town:

Each player is a judge. It is up to them to view a holistic interpretation of the game and create their own opinions over who they believe to be scum. They
judge
the information available in the topic, and make a decision that is solely theirs. People can influence this opinion, but they have the opportunity to vote for whoever they choose.

The town as a whole is the jury. While the information is available to the judges to postulate over, the judges in turn make posts of their own, where they advocate for their beliefs. These posts are read by everyone in the town, as the mass of the town makes up the
jury
. They discuss possibilities with other players and work together to come up with a "rough" consensus determined by majority vote, even if the minority of the jury adamantly disagrees. While the individuals create their own opinions, the whole town makes a final judicial system to send to the executioner.

For this scenario, the executioner is just the mod. They are the only source of truth in the game, as there is a guaranteed guilty party among the jurors. It is only the flips revealed by the mod that can truly determine whether the jury had made the correct decision.

In the end, that is merely my philosophy, and you are free to disagree with it. I do admit fault as well, because this wasn't the appropriate analogy to use, even though the implications I presented are applicable. I was just angry that you used your vote as a bargain device. If I were dsjstr, I wouldn't give two cents about whether YOU voted for them or not. In the end, it's up to the majority to make a decision, and not you alone. I did not like the threatening tone that you used, because the threat's consequences were not worth the trouble that you made it out to be.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 311, IMASPY wrote:Luca has gained the most townie rep from me since that post but we was second from the bottom so it wasnt hard for him to move up in my rankings.
Actually, it WOULD be hard for Luca to gain the most townie points. Luca was your second highest scumread at the time you originally posted that list, so it would seem that you had some conviction to put him there. This is clear when you talk about your confidence in your dsjstr scumread, which has been unwavering to put it in different words. You even say that it is easy for players near the bottom to move up, yet that doesn't seem to be the case for dsjstr, who you are committed to lynching. To finish the thought, it would be easiest for null reads to shift around, as you wouldn't have much conviction about their placement.

Once again, I'm just postulating, but I'm pretty sure Luca moved up only because you agreed on dsjstr "definitely" being scum. While I agree that this is a good possibility, as I do heavily sus dsjstr, I am even more suspicious of you because of your use of underhanded tactics to push the scum!Dsjstr envelope that I have previously described. I have high confidence that at least one of the two of you are scum. If you are scum, I'd say dsjstr is cleared. (And vice versa for that matter, because I can't picture any scenario where the two of you are mafioso based on both of your demonstrated convictions throughout the last few pages).

VOTE: IMASPY

Don't say that I'm defending dsjstr; I'm not. I'm just trying to find flaws in the argument for dsjstr. There is a large difference, as the former implies that he's a townread for me; he's not.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 321, Poyzin wrote:Town:

Each player is a judge. It is up to them to view a holistic interpretation of the game and create their own opinions over who they believe to be scum. They judge the information available in the topic, and make a decision that is solely theirs. People can influence this opinion, but they have the opportunity to vote for whoever they choose.

The town as a whole is the jury. While the information is available to the judges to postulate over, the judges in turn make posts of their own, where they advocate for their beliefs. These posts are read by everyone in the town, as the mass of the town makes up the jury. They discuss possibilities with other players and work together to come up with a "rough" consensus determined by majority vote, even if the minority of the jury adamantly disagrees. While the individuals create their own opinions, the whole town makes a final judicial system to send to the executioner.

For this scenario, the executioner is just the mod. They are the only source of truth in the game, as there is a guaranteed guilty party among the jurors. It is only the flips revealed by the mod that can truly determine whether the jury had made the correct decision.
I realized that I never finished this philosophy, even though I suggested it with the "Town:" Here is how this scenario would look like for the mafia.

Mafia:

On the contrary, the mafia WOULD be the judge, jury, and executioner at night. Without any additional input, the mafia is able to unilaterally decide who they want to kill, agree on a target, and complete the night-kill. While Ima and I may disagree on this belief, it must be accounted for that the reason that we do disagree is that we have a different alignments, and would naturally see the game differently.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 328, IMASPY wrote:
In post 322, Poyzin wrote:
In post 311, IMASPY wrote:Luca has gained the most townie rep from me since that post but we was second from the bottom so it wasnt hard for him to move up in my rankings.
Actually, it WOULD be hard for Luca to gain the most townie points. Luca was your second highest scumread at the time you originally posted that list, so it would seem that you had some conviction to put him there. This is clear when you talk about your confidence in your dsjstr scumread, which has been unwavering to put it in different words. You even say that it is easy for players near the bottom to move up, yet that doesn't seem to be the case for dsjstr, who you are committed to lynching. To finish the thought, it would be easiest for null reads to shift around, as you wouldn't have much conviction about their placement.

Once again, I'm just postulating, but I'm pretty sure Luca moved up only because you agreed on dsjstr "definitely" being scum. While I agree that this is a good possibility, as I do heavily sus dsjstr, I am even more suspicious of you because of your use of underhanded tactics to push the scum!Dsjstr envelope that I have previously described. I have high confidence that at least one of the two of you are scum. If you are scum, I'd say dsjstr is cleared. (And vice versa for that matter, because I can't picture any scenario where the two of you are mafioso based on both of your demonstrated convictions throughout the last few pages).

VOTE: IMASPY

Don't say that I'm defending dsjstr; I'm not. I'm just trying to find flaws in the argument for dsjstr. There is a large difference, as the former implies that he's a townread for me; he's not.
What you left out of this quote.
"Poyzin has gone lower on my list since this post, however, at the time nor he, luca, or blatant scum had posted enough townie content for me to even consider them as town."

you luca and BS were in three way tie for 2nd to last as i said in that very same post you just clipped from. When three people are tied and two of those 3 people have the least post i would say the person that posted the most out of the three has the best chance to gain townie points. Along with the best chance to let off a scum read. just so happens i read luca as a town.
I don’t need to quote the whole post. Still, you should be more confident about your read of people who had posted more, such as Luca, compared to somebody who has not been making many posts, such as myself. Therefore, Luca would have the hardest time getting out of his position, which is why it’s suspicious when you paint the opposite picture once you decide that you want to lynch dsjstr. You may have felt that reading your mislynch partner as scum would hinder your ability to mislynch dsjstr. So, you decide to townread Luca so that the two of you could feel better about your decision on dsjstr, which was your goal the whole time. Of course this scenario depends solely on dsjstr being town, which I’m still not confident in. If dsjstr is indeed scum, then I’ll admit my defeat and say that you probably are town. However, I’m feeling worse about your slot than I do about dsjstr’s slot, for the reasons that I previously stated that I believe you are trying to undermine town’s attempts at coming to an appropriate solution by deliberately misinterpreting dsjstr’s messages; when they tried to provide themselves with a defense, it wasn’t good enough and your vote remained for one. I read your reasoning for inviting, but the unvote and the revote occurred in such a tight time interval that I don’t even think you considered both mafioso swinging in and hammering, which would absolutely be the scummiest move to make and would not be ignored.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 367, Poyzin wrote:reasoning for inviting
On mobile; this autocorrected from unvoting.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 369, insomnia wrote:Poyzin, while you're here, thoughts on Billy and Dawoodle? What about Blatant?
I believe that Billy is probably town. I think they had good townie posts when they initially arrived in the thread. However, this is not a passionate lynch, as I have not looked into a case for them as much as I have for my scumleans. Overall, I’m of the mindset that Billy is null-town.

You had interesting points on dawoodle early in the game; however, I’ve been liking dawoodle’s recent content more and more and can’t say for sure that I think he’s scum. Because of this, dawoodle is basically middle-null for me. While I don’t agree with their scum reads, this does not deter my opinion of that slot.

For Blatant Scum, I’m afraid I can’t say much beyond a null read for them. I’m not sure why Billy is being replaced and not Blatant; there literally isn’t enough for me to comment on. Nothing that they have said is particularly scummy, but there is no real reason to believe that they are town. It’s hard for lurkers such as Blatant to be read as town, but they aren’t necessarily scum for doing so.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 370, Poyzin wrote:Nothing that they have said is particularly scummy, but there is no real reason to believe that they are town. It’s hard for lurkers such as Blatant to be read as town, but they aren’t necessarily scum for doing so.
I may have repeated myself here, but I wanted to explicitly state that BS is lurking; I don’t agree with those antics, but there isn’t anything that can be done about it as far as I am aware.

Before I continue, I wanted to address this quote of yours because it is fundamental to my argument.
insomnia wrote:Towniness is less thinking about what you post and just react on things.

Scum are methodical in their approach, they can't fake emotions. They think it's for dummies. Emotions are what distinguish town from scum most of the time.

You're just...WAYYYY too reasonable for a town here. I know this is getting old, but if I were a town here, I would've done everything to avoid my lynch. You're just sitting at 3 votes, not moving your vote, not actively getting people to vote your scum reads and on top of that, you just don't care for getting lynched, which is almost never townie.

You just are way too methodical. You need to let your emotions get the better of you in the thread. For example, if you see a post that really makes you ask yourself questions, react to it, be like "Why in the actual heck (pg friendly) did you even post this? What's the point of this?"

You often asked me "Aren't you agreeing with me?". I do, and that's the thing. You make way too much sense and are way too reasonable for me to think you're town. You're way too objective. It's like you're calculating every move, which is inherently scummy. Townies react more, scum are calculating in their minds more. Hope it makes sense and you take something out of this.
I’m not a fan of your take of “You need to let your emotions get the better of you in the thread.” While tone certainly makes it easier to read somebody as town, I don’t think this is good advice. In my opinion, logic IS good. The thing about the mafia is that, because they are the mafia, there MUST be something fundamentally wrong with their argument. While townies may have incorrect logic sometimes, the mafia must be wrong ALL the time (unless they are bussing). With that being said, letting your emotions take control can be potentially dangerous. People who tunnel on somebody have let their emotions take control of them. I would rather have somebody talk sense into them then remain in their emotional state. So while you do have a point that scum tend to be more methodical than town, logical townies are more beneficial for me than emotional townies. In addendum, methodical townies aren’t necessarily bad either; their just harder to discern from scum, which makes the game more challenging, while the methodical townies are still helping town.

Now, with the posts.
dawoodle wrote:First, I am enjoying this game. And the fact that it's a game is part of the reason I am generally calm in my responses. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how town is supposed to be, but I think I am gaining some valuable insights from being painted as scum so early.

I still think Billy is scum, and once a replacement is found, I will likely put my vote on them. However, I do not feel comfortable voting for someone who is out on replacement. (I realize this is slightly hypocritical with my vote for Blatant and his lack of activity, but my vote was placed during RVS before he disappeared. I will reevaluate that if he is sent out for replacement too or if enough other people pile on that I think there might be an early lynch.) Having said that, I think that my observations and opinions will be taken more seriously when I flip green because townieness is linchpin of my argument and I don't know how to demonstrate that without dying.
Dawoodle is right about many things here; for one, voting for Billy while a replacement being searched for is really not a smart decision. Dawoodle also realizes the hypocrisy of their vote on BS, who has not been posting for an even longer period of time. Scum would not acknowledge their own behavior that could be seen as scummy; on the contrary, dawoodle makes their voting contradiction available for everyone to see.
dawoodle wrote:That makes sense and I will work on incorporating it in the future. Having said that, I'm going to do the scummy thing and not change my play style here because then I look scummy for trying to act like I was told to. I'm afraid that sounds too logical, but I'm doing it anyway. :P

Having said that, I'm still waiting on one or two pieces of evidence to make my case stronger. When I get that, I'll post who I think scum are before EoD instead of after the vote like I said.
I am perfectly fine with dawoodle sticking with his natural play style. It also demonstrates his ability to not be influenced by other players, even if they are generally regarded as town.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 393, lucca261 wrote:always beware of the players who are really active in RVS and disappear when there's more interesting content.

also, would like a readslist, poy
Done.

Townies:

insomnia
Iconeum

Null-Town:

Luca Blight
Billy

Null:

Dawoodle
Lucca261

Null-Scum:

Dsjstr
IMASPY
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 418, Poyzin wrote:Billy
That should be Emperor, my apologies. I forgot that they replaced in because their entrance lacked substance.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 657, dsjstr wrote:
In post 635, insomnia wrote:if he's town then sort in

poyzin - dsjstr - and uhhh
In post 636, insomnia wrote:dawoodle ?
So why these three?
It’s not bad. Basically everybody needs a re-review when night ends.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In my hiatus, I had time to look over some game stuffs, but I will stay brief. Insomnia is still my highest town read. I’m less inclined to believe that Ima is scum, but they haven’t done anything that looks particularity good, and all of their content could reasonably be faked.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Poyzin »

Hmm, looks like this is a bad time to drop in? Could somebody give me a D2 recap if I haven’t looked it through already?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 708, dsjstr wrote:Poyzin you listed me low on your read list, I had asked if you thought I was that low when you defended me, I'd still like an answer. Think Insom didn't like my post because I figured out his plan :P
Please stop saying I defended you. I did nothing of the sort. You were that low; I was just highly skeptical of Ima’s line of questioning that I was confident that there was a mafiosi between one of you.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 786, IMASPY wrote:More meta theory inc. Poyzin was prodded and never responded in thread. Make assumptions with that as you will.
I was indeed prodded. I also made two tiny posts at the beginning of this day. Could you elaborate with what this could mean about my alignment?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Poyzin »

I mean, if anybody cares, I’m a vanilla townie. This could be suspicious to you all, but I can’t change the truth.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Poyzin »

This is going to sound bad coming from somebody who is at L-1, but I REALLY don’t like the way this wagon formed. You all know I’ve been making a consistent post or few once every two days, except for where I dropped the ball and got prodded. A lot of these accusations put forth were made in my absence, which kind of sucks to be honest. Like if I didn’t show up at the end of my two day hiatus, I probably would have got instantaneously mislynched without any reasoning from me.

The thing that sucks even worse though is that the push was made exclusively from insomnia’s null read, which really baffles me. Sure, I get that the reasoning would be that I’m the scum who can fit any team. But isn’t that an easy factor to achieve when I made as few posts as I made? Like because I have the least content by a large margin, it would be easy to put me into any potential team. The worst thing, though, is that this distinction was put upon me by me and only me. I probably made a mistake signing up for this game, but I wanted to see it through to the end. If you all need me to make more posts and respond to every question, I would oblige.

With that being said, the lurkingness is completely and utterly my fault. However, using my behavior in this way as a way to forcefully put the scum envelope in my hands is completely suspicious. While I can see where insomnia gets his reasoning, even if I disagree personally, I am very skeptical about the pile on votes to the point where I am now at L-1. It seems that people have been forcing themselves
to see me as scum, even if it disagrees with the previous reads they had of me.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 817, Poyzin wrote:I am very skeptical about the pile on votes to the point where I am now at L-1. It seems that people have been forcing themselves to see me as scum,
To elaborate, changing reads is fine; when people post more content, it can cause opinions that players once had to shift and think that somebody is more town or more scum. The problem is, I didn’t even say anything! I don’t have a problem with people being suspicious of me, as that is part of the game, but how can I become scumread by basically everybody without making a single post in the meantime? Maybe there is a logical reason, but I just am skeptical of everybody’s change of heart, as it seems like scum taking advantage over an inactive townie.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 822, insomnia wrote:Why did you make a full 180 on spy?
Full 180? Please don’t misconstrue my posts. I said I was more fine with Ima now; they moved out of the null-scum and are now in an easy null. I just realized that my tunnel on D1 probably was not warranted as much as I thought it was, due to Ima’s attitude towards my vote on them, as well as their overall change in demeanor from what I can tell towards dsjstr, even if dsjstr is still considered scum to Ima.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 837, insomnia wrote:That's a loaded question that doesn't help poyzin serve towards figuring spy, it just helps him look good in the process. Because there's no way there's an explanation behind spy's perception of an angle shoot. It was tied to his belief that Poyzin was scum, it doesn't constitute a reason for scum reading him, necessarily.
The quotes posts was me saying that the act of me getting prodded is non sequitur and doesn’t put me in either alignment.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 837, insomnia wrote:Nobody accused you of not posting, except for spy.
I accused me of not posting, which is equally as valid.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 837, insomnia wrote:Why does someone need to have more posts in order for other people to have a justified meaning for switching their read on someone? Re-evaluation is a thing. Nobody really had a stance on you, to be honest. You just felt like you were town read because the attention was off. I bet that nobody even mentioned you. Yesterday, I said that if flips is gonna flip green, we should evaluate in you - ds - dawoodle. Which is exactly what I've done, BECAUSE I was not paying attention to you and cleared you early on and then never considered you.
I never once said re-evaluation was a thing. I was just confused about how I turned into public enemy number one without making any posts to defend myself from accusations.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 837, insomnia wrote:I think you should address the thing that you're actually getting scum read for, which is how you handled the spy slot.
What more needs to be addressed? On Day 1, I was not a fan of Ima’s play, as their questioning looked like something that scum would use to pin a townie as being scum, which wouldn’t give dsjstr any outs. I like the content that Luca was posting, but I felt sick about a dsjstr lynch based on Ima. So, I thought that Ima and dsjstr were potentially a scumteam, and Ima was attempting to bus dsjstr early on to get town points. However, at the end of the day when dsjstr WASN’T the lynch, I decided that maybe Ima was just tunneling on dsjstr temporarily out of passion, so I realized that I would need to take a step back from Ima as well because I, too, was tunneling. Ima is not townie cleared for me yet, but I realized that I was actually the hypocrite for staying on Ima for tunneling.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 846, insomnia wrote:Apart from the bolded being exact opposites
You see, I don’t believe these to be exact opposites, and I will tell you why. For all tenses and purposes, let’s consider dsjstr and Ima to be a scum team. Now, if a wagon starts to form on dsjstr, which it did, Ima would naturally take advantage of it and create a line of questioning towards dsjstr to show that Ima is town and dsjstr is scum, when they would both hypothetically be scum here. I was just suspicious of Ima from this, because the questions were definitely loaded as far as I recall, and even when dsjstr defended himself, Ima wouldn’t let go of his scum read on dsjstr because the whole point of the questioning was to make Ima look townie by scumreading his mafia partner. Does this make any sense?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 848, insomnia wrote:Hold on, you're saying that just because dsjstr wasn't lynched, the possibility of imaspy bussing is discredited???
Definitely not, and this is a giant leap from what I have said. I was saying that because Ima withdrew from the tunnel that I decided to assume good faith from Ima, because I was initially skeptical of Ima’s intentions.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 786, IMASPY wrote:More meta theory inc. Poyzin was prodded and never responded in thread. Make assumptions with that as you will.
insomnia wrote:
In post 839, Poyzin wrote:
In post 837, insomnia wrote:That's a loaded question that doesn't help poyzin serve towards figuring spy, it just helps him look good in the process. Because there's no way there's an explanation behind spy's perception of an angle shoot. It was tied to his belief that Poyzin was scum, it doesn't constitute a reason for scum reading him, necessarily.
The quotes posts was me saying that the act of me getting prodded is non sequitur and doesn’t put me in either alignment.
Exactly my point, you just make him look bad, and make yourself look good in the process. How does that question help you sort spy there?
I don’t want to make ANYBODY look bad. Why are you attempting to villainize me based on false interpretations? I was confused why Ima would ask for people to make assumptions about me being prodded, so made a post asking why it matters. Then, YOU make a post about “why does it matter why it matters?” Why would you try to flip the bill that I’m scum when you literally did the same thing? That question helps me sort just as much as your question helps you sort! Please, I ask of you to stop your hypocrisy for the sole reason of justifying your narrative that I’m scum. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: I’m fine with you being suspicious of me. But when you try to spin the script by accusing me of being scum through the use of the same type of questioning that you first labeled as scummy, I do take issue with this, and leads me to believe that you may have malicious intent behind your posts.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 959, IMASPY wrote:I am claiming that he is defending his partner. His post is claiming he is not defending his partner.
Defense? Literally what defense?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Poyzin »

Give me a couple hours or so, will try to look at the holistic case against me.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Poyzin »

I could go into more why I’m town, but I doubt people would want to hear it after I hadn’t said anything for 24 hours.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Poyzin »

In post 929, insomnia wrote:Spy, that push literally doesn't mean anything to a scum him. If the team is him and TSE, he doesn't even need an agenda, he has to push somewhere for some reason while we focus our attention elsewhere. He literally has to hide, but hide by actually posting, unlike Blatant. If you get what I mean.

Usually, a scum player would be on wagons and stuff, participate, engage in the thread, etc etc, and the other would split push. Unless, a scum player is already gone for the whole day phase, at which point, there is NO POINT in engaging the hot topics of the thread. He's not scared because he can't spew anyone if his partner is afk.

He just lets town eat each other off (which we have ; me - dawoodle , me - billy, dsjstr - you , iconeum - luca) and he's hidden.

A wagon would typically have at least one scum, but in this scenario, POYZIN HAS THE PERFECT SETUP FOR NOT BEING ON THE WAGON. It's logical.

And, riddle me this...If he's scum and he had to fake his push on you (which he did) and be out of the spotlight (which he was), what do you think he does the very next day?

Exactly this :
In post 686, Poyzin wrote:In my hiatus, I had time to look over some game stuffs, but I will stay brief. Insomnia is still my highest town read.
I’m less inclined to believe that Ima is scum, but they haven’t done anything that looks particularity good, and all of their content could reasonably be faked.
This, is what we call in mafia, distancing. He's distancing from you with that post. Basically says "I town read the guy, but if I was ever pushed to defend this read / be forced to push someone, this would be the slot"

Because he already pushed you. He lit the flames. He made his content for Day 1. But this? This is where he lets town eat each other off and looks for someone else.
This entire post is conjecture, and not at all what I intended
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Poyzin »

To be fair I purposely play my town games to act scummy so that I have an easier time being scum but I guess that isn’t really apparent here. Like if I was actually passionate about this game then I would’ve tried to make 10x posts a day and actually talk you through it. But I’m coasting everywhere on this forum so your reasoning doesn’t really hold up, and kind of weak as far as I’m concerned. Will be mass replacing out (of two games here), but I’ll save y’all the effort of finding a replacement given that I’m pretty close to hammer

VOTE: Poyzin

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”