Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat May 08, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Phyrste.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:04 pm

I can provide my thoughts on the setup if people want, though I was thinking it might be better to let some other people weigh in first, because I suspect that people will probably be taking my opinions pretty seriously :P

Also I'm ngl I was a bit excited to play with absinthe because she was someone I remember being around way back in the day (though I don't think I ever played any games with her).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 pm

In post 25, Infinity 324 wrote:Having a UTR decide who goes where should increase our odds of winning (of forcing someone to scumclaim by not following the plan) right?
Yes, I believe so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:25 pm

In post 33, Anastasia wrote:Seeing as they are probably not so stupid as to do that, perhaps we should try quickly putting all the good people into two locations and then the bad people will be stuck going to the last location?
Using the the locations as a one-shot scumteam guess is... a thing we could do, but probably not the most efficient use of it given that the odds of actually getting it right are so low.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm

In post 41, Anastasia wrote:You misunderstand me
I don't think so? You're saying that we can try to force all three scum to be at the same location. We can try, but we'll almost certainly fail.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 pm

In post 42, unwnd wrote:After some careful thought I think using Gate is the best null/trashpile, mostly because if we're wrong on a base assumption we can clear a wrong read or confirm an unknown
Sending hard-to-read people to the Gate is probably a good idea, yeah.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:26 pm

In post 56, absinthe wrote:Who are the hard-to-reads at this table?
I haven't played with most of the people here. Of the ones I have played with, Infinity is probably the one I have the most trouble reading.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

okay the anime avis are starting to get to me ngl
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:16 pm

In post 127, absinthe wrote:I'm not changing my avi for you this time, S_S.
lmao

your old one on this account was so nice tho :3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames.
I don't think we do. At least, that wasn't the intent.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

In post 180, Briar wrote:Yes LMAO.

What do you make of that?
oh no now I have an alt guess for you that I'm not happy about
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #252 (isolation #11) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:54 pm

How would one say that with said undertones?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #256 (isolation #12) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 pm

In ? or what post are you referring to
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #263 (isolation #13) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm

In post 258, Anastasia wrote:I think it would have more meaningless mech attached if he wanted to make it look wordy for towncred.
Why would saying meaningless things get him towncred?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #266 (isolation #14) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:08 pm

But scum are not comfortable stating facts about the setup without adding fluff?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #269 (isolation #15) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm

My point is that your townread on Dunnstral is nonsense and he would say the same thing regardless of alignment, but that's not why I was pressing you... I wanted to understand your thought process to see if I thought it was genuine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Also (@Ana), that sounds like a response from someone who's played with me before (and is in all likelihood not too fond of my playstyle). Is that intuition accurate?

You're definitely missing the point if you think that all that questioning is just so I could state a conclusion at the end. If that's all I wanted to do, I could do it without the back-and-forth.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #276 (isolation #17) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

In post 273, Anastasia wrote:I liked the way he stated it because didn't have any performative nonsense added to it - I wouldn't say it's a townread.
Does it take meta into account?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (isolation #18) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm

In post 275, Anastasia wrote:Any exchange that goes over ten posts is likely to be ignored and mostly a waste of time.
I disagree. I, for one, do not ignore them, and I (relatively) often get reads from them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #326 (isolation #19) » Sat May 08, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 322, Briar wrote:I am curious still about S_S's guess on me and why it bothered him, because he didn't say anything about it more and while I appreciate him not outting it for fear it's correct
It was probably a rude thing to say regardless of whether it was right. Sorry.

I'm thinking it wasn't right though because if it was then you'd probably know why I said it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #331 (isolation #20) » Sat May 08, 2021 5:52 pm

In post 329, Briar wrote:Though, I do want to ask to clarify @S_S: was it a game thing or a more personal/player thing that you were thinking?
Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but the last time I played with the player I thought you were we had a pretty unpleasant conflict.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #408 (isolation #21) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm

In post 385, Anastasia wrote:SS feels like he's going through the motions a bit - I don't think he really believes where he is driving to.
this seems to be under the misapprehension that I'm going somewhere

I'm just enjoying the drive
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #409 (isolation #22) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm

In post 387, Briar wrote:I would've liked more of a follow-up from S_S regarding if he thought you were genuine or not
Bear in mind that it is extremely to our advantage to hide our reads as much as possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #435 (isolation #23) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:13 pm

In post 411, Briar wrote:You think so?
To an extent. Scum will have either 6 or 15 options for who to swap; either way, which swap is optimal will depend almost entirely on how people are being read. The less they know about that, the more likely they are to make a suboptimal swap-- and the swap matters a huge deal.
How do you feel about what Ana did just now?
Probably moderately +scum because giving up control is pretty much always +town here, but not very much so. (Incidentally: this means Lukewarm's reaction is towny.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #440 (isolation #24) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:16 pm

In post 438, Anastasia wrote:there's no incentive for scum!Ana to go to keep and promise to vote through Briar/Absinthe because that's a point for the town.
Only if you actually follow through with it...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #443 (isolation #25) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Also, Keep is the easiest for town to win, so it's the ideal target for a bold gambit like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (isolation #26) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

In post 441, Briar wrote:Ugh, I don't want to think about the swap. >_> I've been handwaving it as an Event to deal with later and I don't wanna think about the consequences /now./
I mean yes, and in a sense you're right that we shouldn't be talking about it much because we don't want to give scum ideas. But... it is an important part of the setup, so you can't just ignore it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #450 (isolation #27) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

In post 444, Anastasia wrote:I've already committed to voting for whichever of Briar/Absinthe remain in the group.

I have no reason to change on this.
What if you change your mind?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (isolation #28) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

In post 452, Anastasia wrote:I will not
Seems like you aren't playing to win then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #459 (isolation #29) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

In post 455, Anastasia wrote:He's literally casting doubt on my motivations when it is provable that I will be voting for Briar/Absinthe.
It's not provable
now

If you get swapped out, which is likely if you/briar/absinthe are all town and also if you are scum, it will never be provable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #465 (isolation #30) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm

In post 458, Anastasia wrote:But until that actually happens - he has no ground to say I am scum-gambitting.
And I'm not. I'm just saying it's possible.

To be clear-- I was not aware that you'd committed to definitely voting whoever of Briar/absinthe remains at the Keep. If you clearly stated it somewhere, it was too far back and I didn't recall it? My +scum comment was about you jumping on the Keep, only.

I don't think a gambit is incredibly likely, but I also think that you're playing badly if town by committing yourself to not changing those reads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #466 (isolation #31) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

In post 465, Something_Smart wrote:I was not aware that you'd committed to definitely voting whoever of Briar/absinthe remains at the Keep
(when I made the +scum comment. obviously I was in the ensuing discussion)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #468 (isolation #32) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

In post 467, Briar wrote:Are you saying the gambit is that Ana says all this and gets swapped out, rather than the gambit being her presence and theoretical vote when we're actually voting?
The latter, or she says all this and then acts hesitant when D2 actually comes. There would be no point in voting as a gambit, since at the Keep anyone who gets voted will just self-hammer. (or not self-hammer and enjoy their conftown status)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #471 (isolation #33) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

*The former

I can't english
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #473 (isolation #34) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

In post 470, Anastasia wrote:only if my reads are wrong
I think it's pretty silly to have a value judgement on play that is only determined after the game is over. We want to know now what's good and what isn't; so I think that it is bad play to commit yourself to a read like that, even if the read turns out to be right in the end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #478 (isolation #35) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm

In post 472, Briar wrote:I guess my issue with it being the latter is that... isn't it just a scumclaim if she's hesitant? I don't understand the like... worry regarding Ana since we can hold her to her word knowing how many times she's said it.
The weird thing here is that I am simultaneously trying to argue that (a) Ana as town OUGHT to be hesitant and (b) Ana as scum would be hesitant.

I think the upshot is that she's probably town, for how much she has pushed back on (a).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #482 (isolation #36) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Oh yeah, for the record-- another part of Ana's gambit could be hoping (or knowing, if absinthe is her partner) that absinthe doesn't end up picking Keep.

Also unlikely, but worth mentioning.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #484 (isolation #37) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 pm

In post 480, Anastasia wrote:I think you are stuck in a weird place where you can't decide whether you want to shade me as bold genius scum gambitter or bad town tunnel reader and it makes you sound funny
you are stuck in a weird place where you assume that I have to be pushing something rather than just trying to solve this puzzle like the rest of us
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #486 (isolation #38) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 pm

Rest assured, if I were scum and had to make that decision, it would not be a hard one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #488 (isolation #39) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm

My place doesn't feel weird to me, though. It's my default state.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #501 (isolation #40) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm

In post 494, Briar wrote:I do trust Ana's faith in her absinthe read, for what that's worth.
Do you know Ana's main?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #507 (isolation #41) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:47 pm

In post 504, Briar wrote:I figured it out, yes.
Mm.

I'll take your word for it. I also townread absinthe for the same reason Ana does.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #539 (isolation #42) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:56 am

In post 520, Infinity 324 wrote:Do you really think you were getting more out of ana than you already got?
I hadn't gotten anything yet, so I should hope so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (isolation #43) » Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 am

In post 533, absinthe wrote:I'm ok with going to the Keep.
Putting 3 towny players in the Keep seems like a massive waste
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #543 (isolation #44) » Sun May 09, 2021 6:16 am

In post 541, Infinity 324 wrote:Well she had outlined her basic thought process already
The thing about my questions is that they don't go sideways, they go down. So in other words, it's not like I'm asking the person to explain 3-4 things, where each thing provides a new insight into what they think; I'm asking them to explain 3-4 things, each of which is directly necessary to understand the previous answer. If they stop answering before I'm done, I have nothing.

Dunnstral is town for that post, BECAUSE he doesn't have undertones of saying it for towncred, BECAUSE he didn't make it wordier with meaningless mechanical stuff, which is scummy BECAUSE it's something scum are comfortable doing, but it's not something town are equally comfortable doing BECAUSE... oops, segfault. The whole chain of reasoning is impossible to follow without that answer.

Now, that's not to say that there's nothing readable in that exchange-- but I was looking for the underlying belief about how scum play different from town that was supporting the read, and I didn't get it. Maybe there wasn't one, which would be scum indicative for sure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #545 (isolation #45) » Sun May 09, 2021 6:27 am

In post 544, Lukewarm wrote:Are people comfortable with Briar as the main vote, and Ana as the back up?
We definitely should not be saying which of the two we'd rather elect.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #551 (isolation #46) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:04 am

In post 546, Infinity 324 wrote:@s_s Why would ana make up a reason for a read she can't justify as scum?
Because she wouldn't expect to be interrogated this deeply.

I mean, scum have two kinds of reads: tactical and genuine. Town have only genuine reads. Tactical reads are top-down instead of bottom-up (the read comes first, then the justification), so they may not be justifiable in the same way that genuine reads are.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #552 (isolation #47) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:04 am

In post 547, absinthe wrote:I'm confused.
About what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #553 (isolation #48) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:06 am

In post 548, absinthe wrote:My thought is that putting 3 town (very likely town) into the keep forces the Mafia to use one of their swaps there.
That's true of any location. If we really could identify 3 town, wouldn't it be best to put them at the Wall to force scum to swap in a scum to get voted off?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #555 (isolation #49) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 am

In post 550, absinthe wrote:I'm scumreading S_S mostly for cold meta reasons.
What reasons?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #557 (isolation #50) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:20 am

For some scum players virtually every read is tactical.

Also partner reads are highly likely to be tactical if they aren't bussing

Like maybe it's not optimal to do that, but for some people it probably is. I'm not saying I would have been able to catch scum-Ana, but like... I think it would have provided valuable data to see where it bottomed out. (Usually these kinds of things bottom out in "gut" which would have been a perfectly acceptable answer at any stage.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #558 (isolation #51) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:21 am

And on the off-chance it didn't bottom out in gut-- well, maybe she'd have convinced me to share the read. That's also worthwhile.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #561 (isolation #52) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:24 am

Yes, so why put 3 strong townreads there if we only need two...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #566 (isolation #53) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:26 am

In post 563, Anastasia wrote:because we can win the game if we get a 3-3
But we won't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #569 (isolation #54) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:32 am

In post 565, absinthe wrote:Like, you're discouraging that combination in the Keep because you think it's 3 town, while earlier you were positing potential me/anastasia as scum.
I mean positing something as
possible
does not mean that I think it is
likely
. That whole sequence was me explaining why Ana could conceivably be gambiting; was one afterthought unlikely scenario that had another unlikely scenario enclosed within wherein you/Ana were partnered, and all that's assuming Ana is scum at all.

I definitely have a tendency to not give attention to scenarios in proportion to how likely they are. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but it seems to have definitely caused confusion here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #574 (isolation #55) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:35 am

In post 571, Anastasia wrote:It's easier for you to talk about things that are unlikely because it doesn't matter.
Okay, yes? And I'm lazy. What's your point?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #576 (isolation #56) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:36 am

In post 572, Anastasia wrote:I scumread unwnd for his play and I scumread infinity/SS on their interaction and play independently.
And you think we'd throw the game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #578 (isolation #57) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:38 am

In post 564, Anastasia wrote:I'm not sure if anyone strongly townreads me
I do. And I thought I wasn't the first one?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #579 (isolation #58) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:39 am

In post 577, Anastasia wrote:I think if either one of you try to escape to the Gate it would be a scum claim
Well yes, but we would also have to do it.

If Infinity and I both went to the Wall right now, by definition the game would not be over.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #588 (isolation #59) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 am

In post 580, Anastasia wrote:That is the gambit you mentioned earlier no?
It is, but if that were the only reason I townread you, it would not be a townread at all. That would be like saying I townread you conditional on you being revealed town and the Gate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #590 (isolation #60) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:43 am

In post 586, absinthe wrote:The more I think about it, the more this post bugs me.
Because it's mechanically wrong, or because it's infeasible this game? (Or some other reason that didn't even occur to me?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #592 (isolation #61) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 am

In post 587, Anastasia wrote:I'd hope to convince the rest of the town that my reads are correct and get Dunn/Catboi and Luke to go into the gate and then you will end up at the wall with Unwnd/Infinity by default.
Yeah, makes sense. I'm mostly just giving you a hard time, but I'm also trying to illustrate why it's so hard to get a 3-0-0. You'd need every single townie to be on board with it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (isolation #62) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:46 am

In post 591, Anastasia wrote:I think he knows more than he's pretending to know.
About what
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #596 (isolation #63) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 am

Well the harm is just if it ends up negatively affecting our assignments.

If you just want to speculate about it, I guess that's fine, but it feels like it would mostly just increase your confirmation bias.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #600 (isolation #64) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:49 am

In post 595, Anastasia wrote:I think you know the answers to the questions you ask so you're asking more for the purpose of being engaged than genuine curiosity/sorting.
Definitely some of my questions are rhetorical, if that's what you mean.

Can you give some examples of these and demonstrate why you think I already knew the answer?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #605 (isolation #65) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:52 am

In post 598, absinthe wrote:Because it's infeasible, and yet is apparently the best you've got for nixing Anastasia's choices about the Keep.
I responded in the abstract because your post was in the abstract. If you had said "we should try to have 3 town players at one location, and two people I townread have already signed up for the Keep", I wouldn't have objected. I (mis?)took it as a claim that the Keep in particular is the best place to try to put 3 town.
Do you have a preference for how to fill the 3 minigames?
Nope. I defer to the more influential people, whose reads matter much more than mine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #607 (isolation #66) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:54 am

In post 599, Anastasia wrote:Well what's wrong with putting SS-Infinity-Unwnd at the Wall in the world where you are town?
Seems like it would be best to put universal scumreads at the Gate because one of them will hopefully get to be confirmed town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #608 (isolation #67) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:55 am

In post 602, Anastasia wrote:If you're self aware that you're doing this, why even ask me to come up with some examples?
So I can refute them?

There's no sense in digging through my ISO to guess what you're referring to and what your argument is when I can ask about those things.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #615 (isolation #68) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 am

In post 611, Infinity 324 wrote:If it helps your meta ffery, s_s felt similar to this when he was scum in PyP
I played so badly in that game and I feel like my posting here is leaps and bounds better.

Just my $0.02. Of course I'm not expecting anyone else to reach the level of familiarity I have with my own game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #620 (isolation #69) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:20 am

My whole point was that you should not let your desire to put your team guess together seriously influence who goes where.

But, Infinity has a point that two scum at the Gate is undesirable. But I kinda think putting two towny people at the Wall is also a good idea?

It's difficult. I think the bottom line is that we want the Gate to have all the scummiest players after the swap (I THINK? I may try to math this out honestly because it's a costly thing to get wrong), and we want the Keep to have exactly one towny player after the swap. It's not totally clear what the best way to achieve that is, or even if there is a good way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #622 (isolation #70) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 am

I read through my ISO and cringed several times before I was like 50 posts in
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #630 (isolation #71) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:37 am

In post 623, Anastasia wrote:so my question to you is what is optimal then?
I kind of answered that here:
In post 620, Something_Smart wrote:I think the bottom line is that we want the Gate to have all the scummiest players after the swap (I THINK? I may try to math this out honestly because it's a costly thing to get wrong), and we want the Keep to have exactly one towny player after the swap. It's not totally clear what the best way to achieve that is, or even if there is a good way.
I'm not vehemently opposed to Infinity's idea, but I feel like I would prefer this: 2 townreads + 1 nullread at the Keep, any remaining strong townreads at the Wall, then fill out the Wall with the scummiest players and put the rest at the Gate.

The reasoning being: you need exactly 2 known townies to guarantee victory at the Keep. The third is superfluous, and we might as well put a hard-to-read player there instead. Putting a known townie at the Gate meanwhile makes it trivial for the scum to give us no information with the IC reveal. (At least make them work, if they want to do that.) So, we put other townreads at the Wall. Then, we don't want to stuff the Gate with scummy people because that gives scum more control over who gets IC'd, so we put the other scummy people at the Wall (which we would be happy to turn into a 50/50 since it's the hardest minigame) and the rest at the Gate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #635 (isolation #72) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 am

I mean if Ana is the other consensus townread at the Keep then we can just tell the two people who end up there to vote for her and presumably at least one of them will.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #638 (isolation #73) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 am

In post 634, Anastasia wrote:i would think town ss would jump at the chance to untunnel me
you clearly don't know me at all, then
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #639 (isolation #74) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 am

I'm not the kind of person who will do an impulsive suboptimal thing just to prove a point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #643 (isolation #75) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 am

In post 640, Briar wrote:There's just a small part of me that doesn't trust her despite everything because as a player I feel this is the sort of thing she would do as scum so holding her accountable to her willingness to vote someone who's not herself makes me more comfortable with her.
Sure. But in that case, she would be the nullread at the Keep, so we'd need another townread there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #646 (isolation #76) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:48 am

In post 644, Anastasia wrote:we dont really lose much this way
I've spent, like, my last three posts disputing this and you're just glossing over them
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #648 (isolation #77) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am

In post 647, Briar wrote:What is your actual read on Ana?
Town

And I did say this before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #653 (isolation #78) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

Right.

What I actually said was, to the best of my memory, hiding reads
as much as possible
is beneficial to us. Obviously you need to talk about reads to some extent or you can never play the game, but we can e.g. bucket people into town/null/scum without going into detail on how confident those reads are.

The reason is-- and I did say this before-- scum will have either 6 or 15 legal swap actions. Combining that with the Gate reveal, they will have either 12 or 30 different options for what to do at night. They're obviously going to choose the one that they think gives them the best chance to win, and I would assume that they would have a plan for which minigames they wanted to win and how. All of that stuff is predicated on correctly predicting how people are going to act; so, the more unpredictable the townies can be going into D2, the more likely it is that scum will miss a potentially winning swap and execute a losing one instead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #656 (isolation #79) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

In post 655, unwnd wrote:Don't you think that giving scum a blueprint of our plans is a bit unwise?
Well the alternative is not having a plan, so no.

The only concrete plans we've been talking about are ones involving the Keep; these may have been mistakes to bring up, but it's too late to do anything about it at this point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #657 (isolation #80) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 am

Well actually, I guess it depends what you meant. If you meant like saying exactly who we would be voting out in different scenarios, then yeah that's unwise. But if you're just talking about general things like "we want 2 townreads at the Keep" and "we don't want any obvtown at the Gate" I think they're definitely an overall plus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #663 (isolation #81) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

In post 658, unwnd wrote:why was it so important to you to continue to argue with her despite claiming a townread?
well if she's an influential player and likely town, then it matters more that she not be wrong, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #665 (isolation #82) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am

In post 659, Anastasia wrote:The thing where you said it's better to put all our scum reads at the Gate instead is just irrelevant since unwnd is already at the wall so my team guess if accepted would have to be in the Wall not the gate.
I changed my mind on that. I want to have all consensus townreads except for two at the Wall, and the remaining Wall players to be consensus scumreads. If that's me, then I am perfectly fine to go there; I already said that I will defer to the louder people on where everyone should go.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #668 (isolation #83) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:10 am

In post 661, Anastasia wrote:I guess what I'm saying is I was trying to reaction test you/infinity to see if either of you would actually be willing to go to the wall just to prove me wrong but neither of you volunteered to do that so now I feel more convinced I am actually right.
Volunteered as in actually signed up? Or just said "I'd be willing to go to the Wall"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #672 (isolation #84) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am

In post 670, Anastasia wrote:yea if your initial reaction to me declaring that I wanted you/infinity at the wall with unwnd was

something along the lines of "sure i'll go to the wall just to prove you wrong"

I would've thought my guess is likely wrong.
Yeah, that's totally fair.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #722 (isolation #85) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm

In post 720, Anastasia wrote:I'd like to take a shot on infinity-ss-unwnd as the scum team because I am a naive dreamer.
or, get this: you don't, and then the scum probably rule it out via swaps. and if they don't, then we've seriously narrowed the amount of possible swaps available to them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #727 (isolation #86) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:01 pm

If me, Infinity, and unwnd don't all end up at different locations post-swap, then we are 100% ruled out as a team. So if scum don't ensure that we do all end up at different locations, you got your wish at eliminating that team, without having to strongarm the locations. And if scum do ensure that we all end up at different locations, it means they couldn't use their swap to do whatever else they wanted to do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #730 (isolation #87) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:07 pm

In post 728, Anastasia wrote:ok but why wouldn't the scum want to put you three in different locations?
In case they want to set up a win that relies on fooling someone who has different reads from you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #737 (isolation #88) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 732, Anastasia wrote:I'm not sure who else they would be trying to trick as nobody else has expressed a solve?
Well ultimately they need to trick whoever has the voting power. So if they're trying to win Gate, you can say all you want from Keep, but it's the IC who makes the final call.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #748 (isolation #89) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 pm

In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
You would scumclaim and force the optimal move onto town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #90) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:32 pm

In post 747, absinthe wrote:Am I misunderstanding what constitutes a swap?
Doubtful? The swap exchanges the locations of two players, such that there's exactly one scum at each location afterward. Are you having trouble following my post?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #752 (isolation #91) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:37 pm

No, I'm saying if we
aren't
grouped together on D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #754 (isolation #92) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:38 pm

was a follow-up of .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (isolation #93) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:45 pm

ok but like if Briar and Ana are both town don't we want scum to take the last slot?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #770 (isolation #94) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 759, Dunnstral wrote:Did you forget about the swap mechanic?
No but if we have two consensus town in the Keep then we don't care at all about the third slot. And if someone did scumclaim into it then there'd be no point in swapping one of them out since it's a guaranteed town win anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #773 (isolation #95) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:53 pm

In post 761, Anastasia wrote:I want to get the day 1 clean win tho
It's literally not possible lol

Scum will not go along with it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #778 (isolation #96) » Sun May 09, 2021 3:56 pm

In post 764, Anastasia wrote:however the scum team I proposed SS-Infinity are both not as bold as Dunnstral so I can see them choosing to not sacrifice themselves at the Keep in a daring ploy.
It's also a bad play, so there's that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #787 (isolation #97) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:02 pm

In post 772, Anastasia wrote:Yes I'm horribly confbiased - but that's kind of why I want the ss-infy-unwnd team to snap me out of it if I'm wrong <3
I feel like this is coming from scum!Anastasia who knows that the solve is wrong and wants to set up an unwinnable Wall

Look I can make stupid theories too
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #790 (isolation #98) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:03 pm

In post 772, Anastasia wrote:I feel like this is coming from a scum!SS who has already considered the move that Dunnstral is proposing and decided it's not a good play to make.
In all honesty though this is silly and you should know it. I considered the merits of that play because Dunn brought it up. It's not like my response was instantaneous.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #791 (isolation #99) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:03 pm

In post 776, Anastasia wrote:None of the three of infy - unwnd - ss has reacted in a way that I'd think town!them would react
Roughly how many games of experience do you have with me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #794 (isolation #100) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:05 pm

In post 788, Anastasia wrote:Keep resolves first so that doesn't even make sense.
I mean even if you flip scum in the Keep we would still have to figure out the Wall with three scummy people, when it could have included towny people which would have made it easier (which is what I'm suggesting)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #796 (isolation #101) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:06 pm

In post 793, Anastasia wrote:More than five.
But you seriously expected town-me to go "screw strategy, I'm gonna yeet myself into the Wall just to prove Ana wrong!"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #804 (isolation #102) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:10 pm

In post 803, absinthe wrote:you have to pick somewhere for for some reason. where else and why?
Wherever people agree would be best for me.

Agree being the operative word.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #866 (isolation #103) » Mon May 10, 2021 10:07 am

Looks to me like the misunderstanding here is that absinthe said the solve was probably "close" which to me means 2/3 or better. For you to say that it isn't close means that you'd think at least 2 of the people in the solve are town which is predicated on your townread of me. Is that the way you meant it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #878 (isolation #104) » Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 am

In post 875, absinthe wrote:I'm still mostly focused on figuring out which minigame I'll be able to do the most good in, and I'm anxious to make that choice and I'm frustrated about waiting to see if I'm welcome in the keep group.
I think you should go to the Wall, for several reasons.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #880 (isolation #105) » Mon May 10, 2021 11:09 am

One of them was already explained, which is that it's good to have no more than two townread players at the Keep, seeing as we only need one to end up there post-swap.
The other is that the Wall is the hardest minigame and you're the kind of person who would give us a good shot at winning it :]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #892 (isolation #106) » Mon May 10, 2021 11:54 am

In post 891, Anastasia wrote:I think Briar's townread of me is conditional on my willingness to vote Briar/Absinthe through
That's not a townread at all then
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #942 (isolation #107) » Mon May 10, 2021 12:41 pm

In post 909, Anastasia wrote:I didn't think when I chose to come into the Keep with you that you could be so wonderful as you are and it makes me giggle a bit inside my heart.

You can't see how wide my smile is and I'm so glad I'm in here with you.
Get a room
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #951 (isolation #108) » Mon May 10, 2021 1:13 pm

Infinity, remind me why you have unwnd as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #962 (isolation #109) » Mon May 10, 2021 1:46 pm

In post 952, Infinity 324 wrote:I felt like his play around ana has been quite towny, it feels like a genuine attempt to try to sort her through what seems like a layer of fog to him.
I just looked back through unwnd's ISO and I really don't see that much that seems to be sorting Ana at all, let along in a genuine way. Can you point to some posts that made you feel this way?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #963 (isolation #110) » Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm

EBWOP
In post 962, Something_Smart wrote:I just looked back through unwnd's ISO and I really don't see that much that seems to be sorting Ana at all, let
alone
in a genuine way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #977 (isolation #111) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:14 pm

In post 975, Lukewarm wrote:So I pushed him to explain, and he backed down with "people just are not understanding my point" and even though I came back with "my entire goal right now is understanding your point, please explain" he never did. If a town player really thought we were potentially setting the keep up for an auto-lose situation, then I have to believe they would have pressed more to get the thread to understand the point he was making.
I thought he explained his point pretty well?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #982 (isolation #112) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 979, absinthe wrote:With Luke's decision, there's no one else I'm willing to entertain as a Keep choice.
Wh-

Well okay then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #984 (isolation #113) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Somehow I managed to avoid a double post by getting a preview on my own post lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #986 (isolation #114) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:27 pm

So are we trying to avoid doubling scum up at the Gate? Because that gives them a lot of choices for who the IC is?

If so, then I think I'd like Infinity at the Wall.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1001 (isolation #115) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:42 pm

In post 992, absinthe wrote:You're surprised?
Well I thought you had Ana and Briar both as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1004 (isolation #116) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Actually, there's no reason to be talking anymore, is there.

VOTE: Gate
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1007 (isolation #117) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

okay stop posting please
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1019 (isolation #118) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 pm

In post 1016, unwnd wrote:That switch confuses me a little bit
How so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1025 (isolation #119) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Dunn can you explain why you went Wall without consulting anyone?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1048 (isolation #120) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:17 pm

In post 1025, Something_Smart wrote:Dunn can you explain why you went Wall without consulting anyone?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1063 (isolation #121) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

In post 851, catboi wrote:unwnd's read on something_smart almost feels like he's trying to tie them together, almost, in the way it's being presented.
well I really liked this read and thought it was right. so that's fun
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1072 (isolation #122) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 1059, Anastasia wrote:if Unwnd/Luke are both town then he needs to jump on the wall to prevent an auto-lose
how so
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1074 (isolation #123) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 1073, Dunnstral wrote:This is untrue, as Infinity would have went to the wall otherwise
That is also untrue, because wouldn't scum want their strongest member at the Wall because they need to win it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1076 (isolation #124) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm

In post 1075, Anastasia wrote:i mean if you're scum and unwnd/luke are T/T then you need to jump on the wall because if a townie jumps on the wall the game is over.
*the townie. any one of the 3 scum would have to go to the wall before the single townie did, and they'd need to do so in a way that doesn't look like a scumclaim... right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1082 (isolation #125) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

In post 1078, unwnd wrote:Slightly lamenting the setup because all S_S/Catboi have to do is point the finger at the other now
there's two ways to read this and they both seem wrong to me.
"all we have to do" as in "all we NEED to do" well no, we may need to take a more active role in solving the other minigames in order to win.
"all that is available for us to do" again no, we can (and should) comment on the other minigames. since our group contains the IC it probably makes sense to resolve ours last anyway, unless the flip in our group provides a ton of information for solving another group.

also the setup is PERFECT don't you say anything rude about it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1086 (isolation #126) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:32 pm

In post 1084, Anastasia wrote:SS are you TMIing catboi town?
No, that statement holds true if there are three scum in Dunn/catboi/S_S/Infinity as you are suggesting, regardless of who those three are.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1094 (isolation #127) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

In post 1091, Anastasia wrote:catboi is already at the keep and you should know catboi is scum from your pov lol
And I do. So?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1098 (isolation #128) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Ah yes I see where the confusion was. I had forgotten that catboi went Gate before Dunn went Wall. So yes in this case it does only apply if the team is exactly Dunn/catboi/Infinity and then they just have to be afraid that I would jump on the Wall which as Dunn correctly points out I would definitely not do without warning.

I was not posting from my own POV when I said that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1104 (isolation #129) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Does anyone know if catboi likes to bus/distance?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1111 (isolation #130) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:43 pm

In post 1106, Anastasia wrote:You two have a valuable piece of information none of the rest of us have.
Well, ish. Catboi and I also have the highest prior chance of being scum (aside from Infinity, of course), so our thoughts should be trusted the least before we've flipped. And after we've flipped, then everyone will have the information that we had.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1113 (isolation #131) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm

In post 193, catboi wrote:I think Lukewarm's posts have been solidly town and he'd be my first pick for someone to send to the wall right now
Hm
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1116 (isolation #132) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 1112, Anastasia wrote:remember the scum on the Gate can't really bus the scum on the Wall if the Keep is already townsided.
I mean they can if they don't expect to be believed...

Right now I'm leaning unwnd scum at the Wall
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (isolation #133) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:52 pm

How's this for a towntell

If I'm scum then we had six options and this seems like the literal worst one. Not only would we have chosen me over Infinity to try to carry the Gate, but we would have picked the IC to be someone who has demolished scum-me before and whose towngame I respect immensely. I don't know who Briar and Ana are but I highly doubt that I would be more scared of them as scum than I would be of ffery.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (isolation #134) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:54 pm

This is actually kind of interesting and vaguely Monty Hall-ish.

If we assume that a me/Infinity team has an equal chance of sending either one of us to the Keep (seems plausible), and a catboi/Infinity team always sends Infinity to the Keep (also plausible), then my chances of being scum should have dropped about 33% overnight.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (isolation #135) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Perhaps.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1139 (isolation #136) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Also re I think WIOFM cancels that out in theory because if you ended up deciding between me/catboi you would have to take into account the possibility that you're being set up. Maybe not in practice, but I think I would still certainly prefer to have Briar decide than absinthe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1159 (isolation #137) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm

In post 1142, Dunnstral wrote:So Catboi and S_S both think Unwnd at the wall... why?
I did not like as it felt like playing up outrage instead of actually engaging with your (valid) point
I did not at all like unwnd's townread of me. I thought catboi's point that unwnd was trying to tie themself to me was reasonable. I don't think it's any less reasonable now that I know catboi is scum.
Their opening post today is also really weird and feels hollow considering making absinthe IC makes a lot of sense from a lot of perspectives and 1/2/0 in Wall/Gate/Keep was kinda what everyone thought anyway
I thought Lukewarm had several genuine posts that would be surprising to come from new-ish scum
I would also be surprised to see scum-you talk about how you would scumclaim by instant jumping into the 2-town Keep followed by jumping into the 2-town Wall (which your team would REALLY need to win).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1163 (isolation #138) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 1147, Briar wrote:I think it makes sense, send people with more WIM to other places to fight.
I'm not exactly Mr. WIM as scum though. My scumgame usually flags eventually as I find it harder and harder to make an effort; maybe I'd be better this game because it's only two days. Not sure. I think I'd also be demoralized by the way the day ended, unless it was planned with Dunnstral.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1164 (isolation #139) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 1156, Briar wrote:Why's that?
Because you don't scumread me and aren't ffery
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1167 (isolation #140) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm

So your post about the bravado was a reaction test? What reactions were you expecting as scum vs town?

pedit: @unwnd
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1172 (isolation #141) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:12 pm

In post 1169, unwnd wrote:I find when Dunn is town the ends justify the means. When he's scum, he spends a lot of time in this mode of fake thinking. There's a more general vagueness and I feel like he's less battered because he doesn't want to risk the attention. This plays in part of him idling at times. Dunn isn't a hyperposter and keeps to himself, and I don't think he's the scum to make big moves. He waits for people to make mistakes and then capitalizes on them.
Okay so... does that explain ? Did you know it wasn't really bravado?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1180 (isolation #142) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm

In post 1174, unwnd wrote:It seemed pretty fake honestly yeah
It's... it wasn't fake though. It was a legitimate question. And it wasn't bravado because he was specifically pointing out that he wasn't scumclaiming because scumclaiming would have been a reasonable play as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1191 (isolation #143) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:26 pm

In post 1181, unwnd wrote:...No it wouldn't? This is why I shouldn't just assume your abacus always have best intentions you've lost me
From his point of view, I mean.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1193 (isolation #144) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:29 pm

In post 1184, catboi wrote:
Even if I said
I am
nya~t
mafia
? :<
Gottem
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1199 (isolation #145) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1203 (isolation #146) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

In post 1201, unwnd wrote:Absin do you really think I'm just being double-bussed lol
Double?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1209 (isolation #147) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:39 pm

In post 1206, unwnd wrote:You and catboi both think I'm scum
Well that's only a single bus
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1212 (isolation #148) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm

In post 1211, unwnd wrote:I'm just a bit frustrated with the one of you that is town
Why? Our reads are the least relevant ones in the whole game, and it should make you look more town if it's guaranteed that scum is pushing you, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1215 (isolation #149) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 1213, absinthe wrote:That demolishment was a long time ago. In our more recent games, I haven't been so much a ball of town fire.
you were good in antechamber!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1217 (isolation #150) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

and I mean my opinion of your skill is not going to go down over time unless I've seen you play badly, which I wouldn't really say I have? you were good in Illicit too

pedit: @absinthe
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1221 (isolation #151) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

In post 1218, unwnd wrote:For both of you to think I'm scum it basically becomes 'oh great, I have to appeal to someone who is just trying to get me killed and someone who just misunderstands me' lol
you don't have to appeal to either of us

you have to appeal to our one confirmed town, and our two sorta-confirmed towns, and the two people who can actually decide your fate
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1226 (isolation #152) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm

In post 1219, absinthe wrote:Do you feel like your scum game is weaker than Infinity's?
My scumgame is highly inconsistent. I haven't played versus scum-Infinity in a very long time; iirc her game was fine but nothing special, but that was before her hiatus so I have no idea if it looks the same nowadays.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1229 (isolation #153) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 pm

In post 1222, unwnd wrote:Not true because I literally have to read both of you
Well you don't
have
to but sure, it's a worthy goal. Is it really harder for you to wrap your head around a scumread on you than it would be for a different scumread?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1239 (isolation #154) » Wed May 12, 2021 6:06 pm

In post 1236, unwnd wrote:Yes because you're both going to be cagey with me given that you believe I'm scum
I don't think I will. At least I'll try not to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1244 (isolation #155) » Wed May 12, 2021 6:16 pm

In post 1243, Anastasia wrote:I think Dunn believes this to be true
+1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1311 (isolation #156) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Oh also I was avoiding saying it before Dunn answered my question at the start of the day but then I forgot. I think the Dunn townslip has a decent chance of being legit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1420 (isolation #157) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 am

In post 1372, Anastasia wrote:You can tell me if I'm right about this guess in the postgame.

Spoiler: Why Infinity Came Back
The original scum plan was for infinity to pretend to be a tree in order to give as little information as possible.

As the evening wore on, the scumside realized that infinity's continued silence meant that me and briar would both be psuedo-ICs and could stay in the thread for longer, leaving Keep unresolved and weighing down the game state.

Realizing that this would be bad for them, they asked infinity to come back to the game to cast doubt on the Keep again in an attempt to reduce Briar/Me's influence on the game state.

This implies that I'm on the right path and my solve is indeed correct. Unwnd is scum and he needed Infinity to come back to salvage the situation or at least resolve Keep early so that he has the room to operate.
Interesting theory. Here's mine.
Spoiler: Why Infinity Came Back
She was busy last night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1422 (isolation #158) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:27 am

Gate last still feels like common sense to me. If we win the Gate, we likely win the game, and I have very little faith in us winning Wall.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1424 (isolation #159) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:35 am

Hm, it's actually to my advantage to guess it, isn't it.

Is it the way I've been talking about mechanics?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1444 (isolation #160) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:03 am

In post 1436, unwnd wrote:I was about to say 'is it possible that we're all town at the wall' but then I realized no lol
Actually all 9 of us are town and the game is a social experiment
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1446 (isolation #161) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 am

Mm. My only other guess would be that I seem too confident in my unwnd scumread but I'm not sure if you know me THAT well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1449 (isolation #162) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:12 am

Welp, I'm out of ideas then. Guess I failed the pop quiz.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1453 (isolation #163) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:18 am

In post 1450, Anastasia wrote:I appreciate your effort despite the overwhelming odds against you - it is heroic and dashing <3
Your condescension, however, is neither of those things.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1464 (isolation #164) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 am

In post 1457, absinthe wrote:It has to do with your interactions with me.
Hmm. I feel like my interactions with you have been pretty typical? Get an early townread, and then spend the rest of the game flattering you. :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1470 (isolation #165) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:24 am

I think Infinity probably should make the first vote in the Keep. If she's scum it doesn't matter, and if she's town we may be able to avert disaster.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1473 (isolation #166) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:28 am

In post 1472, Anastasia wrote:I don't think I've been condescending
Maybe I misunderstood that post but it read as though you were extremely confident unwnd was scum but wanted to commend them for trying, which feels patronizing. I would have been upset if a post like that had been directed at me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1524 (isolation #167) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:05 am

In post 1479, absinthe wrote:I don't think you've ever spent any part of a game flattering me. I've always felt like I make the initial reachouts, or we don't interact much at all.
I definitely have flattered you in my head. Maybe I didn't verbalize it as much because you were in a hydra in most of our games and it made it hard for me to tell who was posting, but like... I've always had a high opinion of your play.

As for the reachouts, well I bet that has to do with the game being smaller and open, as you said. Certainly, based on our history and how I generally play around people whose towngames I respect, I don't think I'd be trying to interact with you
more
as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1527 (isolation #168) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am

In post 1525, absinthe wrote:Do you spectate games frequently?
No. I'll sometimes read random parts of games I'm not in, but I rarely follow them from start to finish.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1529 (isolation #169) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:08 am

I couldn't have named any of the games before I looked, but I remembered you as someone who was playing during that time. Looking back at your games it was probably from Walking Dead (because I played in a lot of Radja's games and frequently referenced his previous ones for mod meta) and Midsummer Night's Dream (because I had a friend in that game who talked to me about it a lot).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1532 (isolation #170) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 am

It was itlepip. I know him irl and he's the person who introduced me to the site.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1636 (isolation #171) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:08 pm

In post 1624, catboi wrote:How does that post make any sense from a town POV who is scumreading unwnd?
is it really that hard for you to figure out?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1637 (isolation #172) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:09 pm

In post 1634, catboi wrote:maybe the implication is he expects lukewarm to misvote on you?
I mean not especially. that would hardly be "no faith", after all
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1639 (isolation #173) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Sorry to hear that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1641 (isolation #174) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 pm

absinthe I still don't understand why you think I pick you as the IC over Briar.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1642 (isolation #175) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:30 pm

I don't really understand any of it tbh. Catboi didn't really do anything on D1, and right now they're just doing ~generic solving posting~ which is like exactly what scum just try to do naturally, and it seems like it's been established that they're competent enough to emulate it just fine as scum.

But it's like really not that good of an idea for town to do here? Like it's not
bad
but it's really not all that helpful and it seems to be presumably what's pushing the needle for you here?

Whereas I feel like I've taken a lot of angles and approaches to this game and if there's one thing I'm not good at as scum it's being dynamic... like I changed my tune about what was optimal multiple times, I tried to take into account people's changing reads, we juggled a lot of different mechanical plans, and I also stood my ground really hard against Ana when I could have just like... not said anything and let it drop. If the team really is me/Infinity/unwnd then there's no way that I would expect that arguing back against it as hard as I could would be the right way to make it look like that wasn't the team; and if it isn't that, then why am I drawing attention to myself at all?

I just haven't played this game with any agenda, at all. Catboi's D1 had very little content in the conversations that mattered and their D2 is basically entirely geared toward looking town in exactly the way that scum usually try to do (by solving and appearing reasonable). Whereas my D1 was inserting myself into lots of fast-moving discussions, often provoking disagreements, and navigating rapidly shifting sentiments. if you think that's something I can keep up with as scum... well, I can't, not even in my best scumgame ever by a large margin, where I still mostly stayed out of discussions that had mechanical implications.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1643 (isolation #176) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:30 pm

I don't really understand any of it tbh. Catboi didn't really do anything on D1, and right now they're just doing ~generic solving posting~ which is like exactly what scum just try to do naturally, and it seems like it's been established that they're competent enough to emulate it just fine as scum.

But it's like really not that good of an idea for town to do here? Like it's not
bad
but it's really not all that helpful and it seems to be presumably what's pushing the needle for you here?

Whereas I feel like I've taken a lot of angles and approaches to this game and if there's one thing I'm not good at as scum it's being dynamic... like I changed my tune about what was optimal multiple times, I tried to take into account people's changing reads, we juggled a lot of different mechanical plans, and I also stood my ground really hard against Ana when I could have just like... not said anything and let it drop. If the team really is me/Infinity/unwnd then there's no way that I would expect that arguing back against it as hard as I could would be the right way to make it look like that wasn't the team; and if it isn't that, then why am I drawing attention to myself at all?

I just haven't played this game with any agenda, at all. Catboi's D1 had very little content in the conversations that mattered and their D2 is basically entirely geared toward looking town in exactly the way that scum usually try to do (by solving and appearing reasonable). Whereas my D1 was inserting myself into lots of fast-moving discussions, often provoking disagreements, and navigating rapidly shifting sentiments. if you think that's something I can keep up with as scum... well, I can't, not even in my best scumgame ever by a large margin, where I still mostly stayed out of discussions that had mechanical implications.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1644 (isolation #177) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:31 pm

I can't tell if this is the site, or my computer/wifi, or PEBKAC. I don't even think I double clicked the submit button this time!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1650 (isolation #178) » Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Man, imagine how nice it would have been if we'd put Ana/Briar/absinthe at the Wall instead of at the Keep.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1655 (isolation #179) » Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 pm

In post 1652, Anastasia wrote:uh if you didn't argue against it and I force that team through don't you just lose if that's the team
yeah but like you wouldn't be able to "force it through", one of us would always be able to just go somewhere else and ruin it. Plus... if you really did nail the team like that, I think we would probably feel justified in pulling a gambit such as agreeing to do it and hoping that WIFOM's you out of it. That's totally something I would do. And it seems like it probably would have worked!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1656 (isolation #180) » Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 pm

In post 1653, Anastasia wrote:you mean imagine a world where unwnd didn't lock wall immediately?
I mean yeah, given how people are viewing the Keep I'm not convinced that it would have happened anyway. But yes this is why insta locking is bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1685 (isolation #181) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:18 am

In post 1573, Anastasia wrote:I am also horribly confbiased in my unwnd-infinity-ss solve :< sorry
Your waifu is shit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1687 (isolation #182) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:20 am

Well this makes Gate super super easy now! Because why would I ever 1v1 catboi when I can 1v1 Infinity instead?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1693 (isolation #183) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 am

In post 1689, absinthe wrote:Not really.
Do you not think that Infinity and I were scummier by consensus than catboi was?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1697 (isolation #184) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 am

Ooh how about this. If I were scum with Briar I would have told her not to self hammer immediately, and instead try to influence the other games more... especially mine, since she'd been my most vocal supporter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1703 (isolation #185) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:33 am

In post 1699, unwnd wrote:I get why you're upset S_S but I'd appreciate if you gave me something more concrete
I don't understand any part of this post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1706 (isolation #186) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:35 am

In post 1704, catboi wrote:None of us were going to vote before she flipped
I mean is this true? Maybe it's true. But at the very least giving town less time to react to the flip is probably a good thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1707 (isolation #187) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:36 am

In post 1705, unwnd wrote:I took your recent posts as bellyaching
They're not. I'm trying to convince absinthe I'm town. And they seem pretty concrete to me? Is there anything in particular you want to hear from me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1711 (isolation #188) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:40 am

What insight? On your group?

I could read back and see or someone competent could do it instead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1716 (isolation #189) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:43 am

In post 1710, catboi wrote:I would have voted Anastasia in a heartbeat and had clearly broadcast my intentions to do so.
No you didn't?? Your last post mentioning them had them both as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1718 (isolation #190) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:45 am

In post 818, catboi wrote:I don't see scum motivation in Anastasia's play and although briar's play didn't make a ton of sense to me I feel as though she's threadspewed from the townreads on her
Like, somebody tell me how this clearly broadcasts an intention to vote Ana over Briar.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1720 (isolation #191) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 am

Also why do I spend so much time arguing that I would have swapped Briar instead of absinthe when I know that argument's about to be useless
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1725 (isolation #192) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:48 am

In post 1719, catboi wrote:SS is majorly failing the vibe check right now - the emotional tenor of his posts is completely off.
The emotional tenor of my posts is EXACTLY where it ought to be as town right now, what are you even talking about?? I'm pissed that absinthe continues to not see this and now it's probably going to cost us the game and I have to keep flinging stuff at you because every separate argument I've made (which is a lot more than YOU have made) has come to nothing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1730 (isolation #193) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 am

In post 1722, catboi wrote:I had been defending Ana earlier when several people were against her while my read on briar developed much more slowly, this isn't hard to see at all
It doesn't at all mean that one is stronger than the other. Also you made like one post defending Ana, this is not a slam dunk, not remotely, and I think you would see that if you weren't trying to be manipulative. (I mean maybe not, I don't know you. Maybe you just see what you want to see anyway, but hopefully someone who knows you can shed light on that.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1731 (isolation #194) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 am

In post 1729, catboi wrote:This is so forced
How so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1738 (isolation #195) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 am

In post 1733, absinthe wrote:I feel like you've spent more time trying to prove that you're town than making a case on catboi. It's not a binary, but more effort has gone to the former on day 2 than the latter. Can you refocus a little?
I'm so so so bad at cases.

I can make a case on catboi if you want. But it's going to suck. So if you say that I'm scum because my case on catboi sucks, after I gave you this warning, I will scream irl.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1739 (isolation #196) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 am

In post 1737, catboi wrote:I'm not gonna explain it to you
But surely you want to explain it to absinthe, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1742 (isolation #197) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:56 am

In post 1726, Lukewarm wrote:Turns out we would have lost the wall lol
Yes, but that's much less bad than losing the Keep!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1746 (isolation #198) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:57 am

In post 1724, catboi wrote:...for that very reason, Lmao. Are you kidding me?
I don't understand this, I did something that I knew would be useless, because it would be useless?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1748 (isolation #199) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:57 am

In post 1744, Lukewarm wrote:Can we all collectively blame Ana for the loss at the keep?
No? Infinity was the one who misvoted, not Ana

Return to “Completed Open Games”