Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9575 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Okay this is ridiculous.
Power Negation lasts into the following day phase as much as BP and Doc protection do as well.
We dont avoid power negation by doing it during the day.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9576 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9570, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9564, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9558, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9553, MathBlade wrote:which has already been established multiple times it can’t
Why it can't happen?!

how did you establish this?!

It's litteraly near certain that a scum with power negation is in the game with titus flip.
No. It’s very likely scum have a power.

It’s unlikely that is power negate due to the townblock not dying and due to Tor getting his check off supposedly. They would have to have holstered three nights in a row for negate. The odds of that are small to infinestimal as noted by others
Makes no sense. why would scum (who had also titus) choose another power over power negate night 2? like how can you assume that? It's WAY more likely that they used power negate with shiro ank kill and holestered last night or used it on stungun to make sure he dies and nothing itefers.
Because Titus is an arrogant scum player who would likely think negate is inherently scummy.

Like this is completely irrational paranoia. It does not make sense.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9577 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9575, Sakura Hana wrote:Okay this is ridiculous.
Power Negation lasts into the following day phase as much as BP and Doc protection do as well.
That too lol
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9578 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9481, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9479, Toranaga wrote:ok math you veto me I veto you, deal?

wrt the power thing: sure. if I'm elected to receive a power, I'm 100% getting the sui bomb and letting other slots be resolved before setting myself off, unless people want me as leader instead. 1 for 1 is a pretty fantastic deal and everyone should just take it.
In post 9480, Toranaga wrote:the suboptimal use of my power has so far given the best reason anyone has for townreading drixx btw

I could have targeted shiro and be talking with the dead now, and I did forget to send it in n2, but none of that makes my play "so suboptimally it's actually scummy". I think my actions have been fine. I targeted FA, drixx and gamma, and all of those results have given us something to help solve the game. using that as the basis to scumread me is pretty awful but alas, you do you mate.
I do not veto.

I think it solves the horrible uses of powers perfectly if you are one of the bombers.
Your second paragraph sketches me out to be frank. Like “look at this I am ‘helping’” it just feels wrong.

However if town thinks you’re better as leader that is the majority decision and I will respect that. I would just like to be voting the other person nominated. I just don’t think you are a good choice.

Tor offering to blow himself up is obviously a horrible decision but “sketchy”? How? I really don’t see that at all.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9579 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Toranaga »

the way the sui bomb is phrased, I believe it's negation would also count for if it's used as a day action. it counts for that night's superpower usage so it's "activated" at night anyway. if power negation is used on that player, it wouldn't trigger next day cause it was never activated in the first place.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9580 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9481, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9479, Toranaga wrote:ok math you veto me I veto you, deal?

wrt the power thing: sure. if I'm elected to receive a power, I'm 100% getting the sui bomb and letting other slots be resolved before setting myself off, unless people want me as leader instead. 1 for 1 is a pretty fantastic deal and everyone should just take it.
In post 9480, Toranaga wrote:the suboptimal use of my power has so far given the best reason anyone has for townreading drixx btw

I could have targeted shiro and be talking with the dead now, and I did forget to send it in n2, but none of that makes my play "so suboptimally it's actually scummy". I think my actions have been fine. I targeted FA, drixx and gamma, and all of those results have given us something to help solve the game. using that as the basis to scumread me is pretty awful but alas, you do you mate.
I do not veto.

I think it solves the horrible uses of powers perfectly if you are one of the bombers.
Your second paragraph sketches me out to be frank. Like “look at this I am ‘helping’” it just feels wrong.

However if town thinks you’re better as leader that is the majority decision and I will respect that. I would just like to be voting the other person nominated. I just don’t think you are a good choice.

Tor offering to blow himself up is obviously a horrible decision but “sketchy”? How? I really don’t see that at all.
The blow himself up part is not the “sketchy” party

It’s the “I am helping” LAMIST that is sketchy.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9581 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Toranaga »

you're right

it should be used at day because we can evaluate based on flips and direct the other suicides with it. it's obviously better than at night.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9582 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9512, Frozen Angel wrote:I have some tables I must sort tonight so I can't iso everyone should be able to do one and sure will do hebichan's first
Anyone in particular, you think I should ISO?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #9583 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 9576, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9553, MathBlade wrote:which has already been established multiple times it can’t
Why it can't happen?!

It's litteraly near certain that a scum with power negation is in the game with titus flip.

It’s unlikely that is power negate due to the townblock not dying and due to Tor getting his check off supposedly. They would have to have holstered three nights in a row for negate. The odds of that are small to infinestimal as noted by others
Makes no sense. why would scum (who had also titus) choose another power over power negate night 2? like how can you assume that? It's WAY more likely that they used power negate with shiro ank kill and holestered last night or used it on stungun to make sure he dies and nothing itefers.
Because Titus is an arrogant scum player who would likely think negate is inherently scummy.

ocaam razor says there is a power negation in game cause titus was scum. And yes the ability is scummy hence why she hide who got that power. If she wnated them to have a towny power she wouldn't choose a hidden scum for the ability.

You can say she didn't give any power to a scum instead of ank then with that logic but yours is built on moon.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9584 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9581, Toranaga wrote:
you're right

it should be used at day because we can evaluate based on flips and direct the other suicides with it. it's obviously better than at night.
Except that for the 100th time doesn’t fucking work
Scum just kill the person with the bomb opposite them before they can explode
Or they kill a TvT pairing for the free mislynch.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #9585 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Actually it will stop the freezing thing/roleblock.

we must decide the bombs today and announce the list but the kills must happen tomorrow during the day.

I think that is the optimal play?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #9586 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 9584, MathBlade wrote:
you're right

uh actually thats a good point

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9587 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9518, Frozen Angel wrote:Like 2 bombs seems a little bit slower and safer imo
So 3 obvtowns pick goo including Sakura and 2 questionable players bomb 2 evenmore questionable players?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #9588 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Lets let them explode at night so scum can't kill them

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9589 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9583, Frozen Angel wrote:
Why it can't happen?!

ocaam razor says there is a power negation in game cause titus was scum. And yes the ability is scummy hence why she hide who got that power. If she wnated them to have a towny power she wouldn't choose a hidden scum for the ability.

You can say she didn't give any power to a scum instead of ank then with that logic but yours is built on moon.
Occam’s Razor says they don’t have it since they killed stun over the townblock.
It says Titus gave power to a scum but not who and not what.
And yes she would. She absolutely would and I have a feeling what.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #9590 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 9582, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9512, Frozen Angel wrote:I have some tables I must sort tonight so I can't iso everyone should be able to do one and sure will do hebichan's first
Anyone in particular, you think I should ISO?
oh crap I must go and work on my tables

idk really hebi looked scummy in first glance

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9591 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 9587, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9518, Frozen Angel wrote:Like 2 bombs seems a little bit slower and safer imo
So 3 obvtowns pick goo including Sakura and 2 questionable players bomb 2 evenmore questionable players?
it's me + 5 teammates, so it'd be 3 including me and 3 bombs (or 4 including me and 2 bombs if we go with FA's slower sugestion)
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9592 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9584, MathBlade wrote:
you're right

oh I see. so actually triggering at night avoids them drawing night kills.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9593 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9588, Frozen Angel wrote:Lets let them explode at night so scum can't kill them
yeah yeah I got there as well now
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #9594 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 9589, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9583, Frozen Angel wrote:
Why it can't happen?!

Occam’s Razor says they don’t have it since they killed stun over the townblock.
It says Titus gave power to a scum but not who and not what.
And yes she would. She absolutely would and I have a feeling what.
Occam’s Razor says they have it since titus was leader that night and she wouldn't give the chance to ank to choose a bp in the night she was killing her.
But yeah I need to check night 2 powers again.
Occam’s Razor says they didn't want townblock killed and they shot stungun.

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9595 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yes, besides im giving Nero the freedom to go with tracker or self watcher, so scum dont know what they do with him, if they dont have PN Drixx should be protecting Nero tonight too, as for you Tora, you choose either of the 2 to check for power usage.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9596 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9541, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9538, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9525, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9522, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9517, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm not sure if I want 3 bombs to explode tomorrow. like thats too many sudden death without time to re-evaluate after flips.
First it would be tonight not tomorrow, as explained before scum can just kill the one with the bomb that is not them.

Second there is no more risk with 3 than 2.

The math works out as we win even if we give all three bombs to scum. There is no reason not to give out all three bombs.
If we choose scum they won't get the bombs they will get petrification and will kill people later when they can win this without exploding themselves obv. It's a really risky thing to trust that

Also the bombs were not exploding during day? if not the scum might try to frame the bombers using roleblock or something? last night roleblock was offered and there is also a possible power negation in game. who were last night list again?
@Frozen Angel even if all three scum are chosen for bombs and all three choose petrify we still win. All the scum would be confirmed and the last day is a two or three town versus last scum. If even all the scum choose petrify is literally a non factor. I don’t have the exact numbers but I posted them somewhere earlier.

In regards to roleblocks— It is extremely unlikely they had power negate or they could have easily used it in a myriad of ways like blocking Tor or disrupting some prior plans. We have already determined multiple times this is not the case Even if they do and they block one of the bombs going off then there are still two others to mitigate. Scum having two or three power negates would be insane. That scum roleblocker would have to solo an impenetrable townblock. They could say you did the block incorrectly but there is no way said person isn’t properly lynched by someone in the town block.
Then what are you suggesting?

Titus chose no one else but ank night 2 or that scum didn't choose power negation?

Makes no sense.
I think they decided to not use it to get a false clear from ufo
- potentially when they were hitting out of power roles or that they used it on shiro/ank the nights they killed them cause that would secure such kills
The hidden scum could have picked it but didn’t UFO only claim Power Mimicry on D4?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9597 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have a hunch that Titus forced a precog believing she would live until Day Three.

This makes sense with some of the reactions from the lynchpool as powers have come up.
I am not a threat as they would have already had it so exposing it to the town when they already know what is coming is just making me waste a power. Then they can try to manipulate my reads versus that.

I don’t think they expected the worst’s suggestion though which makes me no longer the best kill but instead obvTowns in the lynchpool which explains the stun kill last night.

My hunch is scum have precog not power negate. So Titus could try to be one step ahead.

But when scum lost their mastermind they were fucked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9598 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

It also explains her flailing so fucking hard

She wanted the info to manipulate us like pawns.

However scum lack a mastermind and a power negate more than likely due to her arrogance.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9599 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7058, Toranaga wrote:
In post 7056, Frozen Angel wrote:Toranaga who did you power mimic night 2/night 3?
hi

no one on n2 cause I'm stupid

and drixx n3 cause I'm stupid
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”