Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #393 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 392, Varsoon wrote:Oh shit it's my boy

How come I can remember all the fucking Espada and even most the Sternritter but I couldn't tell you even half the users in this game?
Idk, how come I always want to play themed games where I dont know the source but really should?

So do you want to be pretend masons this game? That could be fun.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #394 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Elbirn »

I've read all of page 1. I wanted to vote skitters for an awkward opening but then saw my predecessor already did. Well done, predecessor.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #395 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 379, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 377, Varsoon wrote:We need to consolidate wagons, homies.
Move your vote to someone and start helping with consolidation. What are you waiting for?
Aw I wanted to say this

Your saying this while not voting anyone isnt a good look, cool cat. Can you give me some reads to chew on at least, wheres your head at?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #403 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 401, Varsoon wrote:I wish we were just real masons and not pretend
Shhhh if we pretend hard enough maybe itll be real

But hey shitposting aside I'm done playing civ for 7 hours like a fucking degenerate so I'll do a catchup after I eat something
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #407 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 404, Varsoon wrote:Civ always disappoints me. I get all excited for the first 50+ turns of discovery and stuff, but then there's like only a handful of optimal strategies and so I go with one and the game becomes 'press next turn to win' for like 100+ more turns depending on how I decided to do it.
In post 406, Varsoon wrote:They made it a bit easier in the newest game to appease the NPCs but on harder difficulties you basically have to
1. Do everything they like
2. Never settle near them or take their stuff
3. Have a military that's much stronger than theirs

Only then do they pledge allegiance all game.
The biggest thing is the military--even if you're the best ally of all time, if your military sucks, they'll just undermine and eventually turn on you if they realize you're on track to win before them.
And that's really the heart of what I don't like about the game--I want to play this Civilization Sim but it quickly becomes a game of getting to a win condition and prizing that win condition over anything else influences both how I and the NPCs play in a way that doesn't feel conducive towards the sort of nuanced negotiations, relationships, and worldbuilding that I want from the game.
I definitely feel this. Whenever I play I get the most enjoyment out of the early game and establishing my fledgling empire, and while the next few eras up through and including the industrial era are fun (albeit less so) after that point you basically settle in from "civ-city world building fun time" to "Okay now I have to pick a victory condition based on what the game state is and only do that because everything else is worthless", or alternatively, "wow I'm not actually in a position to win this game and I might as well start a new one since I'm no longer having fun anyway"

I've never had a problem with the AI backstabbing me, even for weaker militaries, but then I don't really go above Emperor difficulty. Could be something to do with that leaders agenda/personalities/who knows what, plus they get turbo-mad permanently if you ever go to war, which is always a treat. Uhh just be friends with Gilgamesh every game, he accepts all declarations of friendships on the turn you meet him (but might not accept the turn after), and once he's your bro he's always yours bro no matter what, bro.

Also when the expansion comes out I'm hoping for diplomacy/AI/war mongering to no longer be shit what with everything that's being implemented

Anyway I'm up to page 9 and I scumread you, which probably means you're town. Also SkittySkittlesSkittensWhateverTheirNameIs is actually a fine early townread, idk what I was on about. I don't like Enter but neither does anyone else, it's too easy. I'll uh keep reading

UNVOTE:
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #409 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

People of planet Earth, I've finished reading the thread.

And I've decided that I have neither the time nor the willpower to do some wall of text that no one will read or really care about, and that picking over events of the past that I wasn't even involved in won't help the way that being current and playing the game will, and bla bla bla you're getting a reads list and some general stream of consciousness thoughts and that is all and you will all
love it

---------------------

town
Papa Zito
Chara
implosion
skitty

scum
enter
redtea

I feel nothing
persivul
a50

queasy
mcqueen
varsoon

----------------------

1. Enter's voting for BEF was far too confident and in general he says/does things that don't vibe with me, or just don't make sense. EX, everything he's said on the subject of neighborhoods had me like "what in tarnation is this". I'm considering that this is a playstyle thing because apparently no one else vibes with this boy either. Is he lynchbait? More at 11.

2. Mcqueen makes me uncomfortable but I haven't formulated a rational reason why. I just don't like him.

3. Varsoon is scummy but I always think he's scummy it's literally a living meme

4. BEF exists in a nebulous realm below town but above feeling nothing, and I only took him out of my town list because I read Chara describe his reaction to Enter's vote as awkward/bad and then I felt self conscious about being wrong and removed him. *emphatic nodding*

5. If you're in the town list you're my super duper best friends and I'm never lynching you my little lovelies

6. Redtea is scum. She uses many words to say nothing and is eerily fixated on catching 3P which is the oldest scumtell in the book.

VOTE: RedTea
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #410 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 408, Varsoon wrote:That's fair, I've kinda blown loads this game and I dunno who's likely to be what.
Surely you have some reads? An inkling of some sort, anything at all to share?

I know you can't vote but if you would publicly glare really hard in RedTea's direction I would appreciate the support
But you're only allowed to do that if you really, really mean it.
Which means you should probably read her ISO and tell me how you feel.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #414 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote:So, your scum read on me is... playstyle doesn't vibe...

and your scum read on redtea is... she's too verbose? Ouch.

Please point out where she's 3p hunting.

I gotta admit, I wasn't a fan of your predecessor (not really posting anything at all, tbh), and the fact that you entered and your reasons are all made up and your reads don't matter doesn't make me like you any more.

VOTE: Elbirn
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #415 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote: Please point out where she's 3p hunting.
In post 283, redtea wrote: I'm sorry friend but both of those conclusions are terrible. Especially so if it turns out there's a third party.
In post 316, redtea wrote:@skitter30 because Almost50 has said just about nothing useful the entire game despite having a presence. Maybe he is third party?
Related to that
VOTE: Almost30
Until he decides to respond to me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #418 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, Enter wrote: and your scum read on redtea is... she's too verbose? Ouch.
My scumread isn't because she's "verbose", that's not what I said. It's because she is talking a lot, but she is not saying anything. Which is a very different thing.
In post 413, Enter wrote:Honestly I don't like that your reads seem to boil down to : "I don't feel good" and I'd really like more explanations on everything, because what you've got is pretty lacking, but I'll be nice and start with specifics.

Please explain your implosion town read.

Also your chara town read.
Nah lol, I play by sense of smell and I've given you gold considering I just got here. Implosion and Chara are both visibly townie folk. Thats it. Reading them gave me good feelings in my tummy.

And as for you, I was trying to give you some benefit of the doubt in my reads, actually, and that you turned that into a vote on me is like what are you doing? It's kind of exactly my problem with you when I say we don't ~vibe~, I can't tell if your reads are bad and all of your hot-takes are bad because you're scum, or if you're just really enthusiastically and aggressively wrong. Maybe I'm not correct to think this way but I townread people who come to similar conclusions and when other players don't have my conclusions I'm then wondering why their thought process is so different from mine. Reading you in this thread thus far has consisted of me scratching my head and wondering what planet you hail from, and whether our differences are alignment based or play style based.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #419 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 412, Varsoon wrote: A50's given me good vibes, iirc.

[...]

I have no idea who the fuck quesy, queen, and skitty are.
1. What about A50 makes you feel the good feels, he's largely neutral and kinda cheeky, whatever that indicates for him I do not know yet

2. Queasy is an emotion, not a person. I uh coulda done with some underlining. Mcqueen is the race car with eyes. Skitty skittles skitters whoever, she's the world avatar lady and past her awkward opening I generally had similar thoughts/conclusions to her so I feel good. She's talked a fair amount, you don't recall her at all?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #421 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh no people are going to make me actually think aren't they
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #560 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm too busy to play right now but I promise I care ahhhhh

AHHHHHHHH
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #585 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I have things I want to respond to in depth but I'm at work and on my phone so uhh later when I am done yes yes good

What should I be doing right now, family?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #623 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Chara
In post 438, Chara wrote:mcqueen might be my most confident townread and i need to examine why. i remember feeling strongly about it while browsing at work but i need to re-ISO.
Can you talk to me about your McQueen read? I'm coming around to him being okay but I don't see content that would make him worthy of the lofty title of "Most Confident TownRead"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #624 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@BrightEyedFish

In post 441, BrightEyedFish wrote:According to my own personal stats elbrin is scum for being the 3rd person on the redtea wagon and I TR redtea, so...

VOTE: Elbrin
Do you have an actual reason for thinking I'm scum or is it just that I'm voting for your townread?
In post 442, BrightEyedFish wrote:And a Varsoon/elbrin team makes sense to me.
In post 520, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 519, redtea wrote:@BEF Varsoon/Elbirn is too obvious. Do they like to play with fire? Do you think they've slipped already?
I think the exchange between Varsoon and Elbirn were superficial and playful with the hint of an inside joke. Also comparing that with Minh's comments and his interaction with Varsoon, I sense a connection there.
Varsoon and I have played together several times, and there was a stretch of time a few years ago where I was practically guaranteed to sign up for all of his games. We also both have really nice shades.

Like I wish we were scum here because I've been waiting for that day to arrive, but unfortunately you're detecting chumminess, and not partner tells.
In post 528, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 527, Varsoon wrote:What makes you scumread Elbirn so hard?

And, really, a hesitation to townread any slot--can you go more into that? Even players like Zito and A50?
I want to think players like that could be Town but then WIFOM comes into play and I hesitate. My reads smoothen out as the days progress but right now I can't rule anyone out as Town or Scum.
I don't really know what to make of this alignment wise. Chalking *anything* up to WIFOM is my trigger, it baffles and upsets me to see people cover their ears and go "lalalala nothing is certain" and throw logic out the window. WIFOM isn't even an accurate buzzword to use here, just....literally play the game. Which you're not doing if you don't commit to stances.

I'm not asking you to have a set in stone read on anyone at this stage, but you have to think something about the gamestate. Who would you absolutely not lynch today?

Actually I just realized, you won't townread anyone, but redtea is a townread and that is why you're voting me? :?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #625 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Implosion

In post 598, implosion wrote:Re: redtea's recent posting. She has a strong tendency to say things that aren't actually meaningful analysis or reads, just speculation. speculating about partner tells, calling it too obvious, and then not really concluding with anything meaningful. The third party stuff that fits in with her being scum who is looking for things to say without real reads and reasoning behind them.

Her current vote is vanity on A50, and she hasn't discussed the other leading wagon (Robert) at all. She says things like Elbirn's read on me "a little surprising to throw out there", , speculating about the neighborhood. She loosely implies a possible scumread on me but doesn't
really
commit to it; she speculates about A50's role and here actually does take a stance eventually voting him, but for being possibly third party? And she talks about how she'd play if she were in the neighborhood, and speculates that there's probably scum in it, but never actually calls anyone scum or anyone's actions scummy.
In post 599, implosion wrote:Re: Varsoon. I think Varsoon is frequently being defensive in a scummy way; defensiveness isn't a tell per se, but the way he's acting defensive is scummy.

First off, of course, there's the stuff around votelessness. is essentially not purely defensive, but dismissive; it's dismissive of other peoples' ability to question him. I think that town who sees that people are asking questions that amount to rolefishing might point this out and maybe even call people scum for it, but he seems really irritated by it. I think town is probably content in knowing that they're just not going to answer the questions and wouldn't really care that they're being pestered because they know they're never going to answer any questions that don't need answering, but that scum who's setting up some fakeclaim has good reason to be annoyed at people trying to ask more questions about his role. His defensiveness in to me similarly is very irritated. I think town could certainly misconstrue the argument I'm making in this way, but to immediately jump from it being a bad stance to when his previous read on me was "implosion exists?" is just not a town trajectory for the read. Saying that he thinks my response is scummy and then saying that I give him bad "vibes" is also really weird. It feels like he thinks my argument is bad and wants to call me scum for it, but doesn't think he can get away with calling me scum for the argument itself.

This might be rambly.
I like the words you're saying here, but can you give me a definitive stance on RedTea? Because reading it the first time I thought you were trying to say "RedTea is just like this, it's how she is, she has a tendency to say things that aren't actually meaningful blabla" which I took as some metaread or saying she's NAI or something or other, but then you keep going and seem to be pointing out obviously scummy things. My reading comprehension isn't helping me right now, what do you read RedTea as right now?

As for Varsoon, I like that you think the things you're thinking, but he's also a defensive aggressive sort and he just.. does things like this. Earlier I said I always scumread Varsoon? He always plays scummy and I never know what to do with it. But him throwing a fit over people questioning him is what I would expect from Varsoon regardless of alignment. I think if he's scum here, it's not because of his defensiveness. There might be a case to be made that he went about revealing his role in a scummy way, idk if he's town varsoon going for transparency or scum varsoon going for brownie points, cuz he could have easily PM'd the mod about the vote counts instead of making a show out of it. It seemed done in a way to look like he's being a goodboi, but he basically, if town, let scum know that he's a PR. Why?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #626 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@McQueen

In post 423, mcqueen wrote:VOTE: Elbirn
In post 449, mcqueen wrote:I guess I’m overexaggerated how ‘blind’ I thought I was being; I agreed with Chara’s push of you earlier. I felt enough time had past that if I came in and made a vote paired with nothing else, you’d at least make mention of it.

The same with Elbirn, but it seems they haven’t been back since my vote. I still need to finish reading the lat couple pages, but from what I did read, I didn’t think he was scum. My vote on him was a reaction to sorting me as “I’m uncomfortable and he doesn’t like me” and I wanted his (counter?) reaction to me placing a vote on him.
Uhm...Glad I could help?
Voting a not-scumread isn't a tactic of mine so it strikes me as odd that you did this. What did you expect me to do in response?
In post 497, mcqueen wrote:
In post 441, BrightEyedFish wrote:According to my own personal stats elbrin is scum for being the 3rd person on the redtea wagon and I TR redtea, so...

VOTE: Elbrin
Anyone else find this vote weird?
In that BEF has me as his top scumread but for not any real reason to do with me, only for my voting his townread? Yeah it's something.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #628 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Skitter

In post 432, skitter30 wrote: hi elbirn!

i think you might be town
why are you townreading papa zito?
After a reread I'm a little bit more lukewarm on that read then I was when I wanted to gung-ho show up in the game with oodles of content but uh
I like his position re:Enter, and I townread his tone, he comes across as relaxed and easygoing whereas I expect scum to have a bit of stiff/awkwardness to their postings.

That said I don't really get the confidence on his Robert push, and I uhh...Guess we'll see where that goes. Idk what he's doing.
In post 565, skitter30 wrote: actually never mind about persivul for now, is pretty townie
In post 586, skitter30 wrote:i think is fairly townie

==
In post 576, Robert2424 wrote:So why is there a wagon on RedTea after I'm no long on him....?
i don't understand this question or what this is a reference too

==
In post 583, Varsoon wrote:Tone.
his tone is at best nai, if not actually scummy
Please continue to have the best hot-takes, Skitter, you're doing great
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #629 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 627, Xtoxm wrote:mimic
I caught one!

(Sorry if I stole your pagetop via rapid fire multi tabbing postings I'll chill)

Good Work! (You did but it's ok :lol:)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #631 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

@RedTea

In post 420, redtea wrote:I was hoping to comment this earlier but, the repeated mentioning of a third party was mostly an "open to possibilities" thing that I only took into serious consideration trying to get a read on a50. By that point I'd already brought it up a few times, so it does feel like I'm repeating myself.
Of course mentioning this doesn't change my standing.

Sorry for the nothing post, I'll have to come back to all this later today.
@Elbirn I understand the Chara read but could you explain implosion a bit?
1. HaH your post is the weed number

2. I'd like to ask what makes your mindset go towards A50 being a likely candidate for 3P as opposed to scum though. Why is your initial instinct not "scum", but "3P"? That's the part that bothers me. You can be open to the possibility of him being 3P, but why does that matter? Would you read 3P differently from scum, or what?

3. Reading back again I'm pretty sure I felt good about Implosion almost entirely because of how often he tells Enter off. Example:
In post 271, implosion wrote:
In post 270, Enter wrote:
In post 268, Chara wrote:didn't you just say you were thinking there's a good chance the hood is all town? i know that's an obvious question, but.
Yes, but

there are two ways to approach this:
1. Lynch outside hood to see if it comes up red (if so, and we can draw conclusions that the other is red, then inside is green)
2. Lynch scummiest inside hood to see if it comes up green (if two people come up green in hood, it's p safe to say the rest are green, IMO)

Sure this is a brave stance to take, but hey, I like to take chances.
3. don't make assumptions for no reason?
He eyerolls and snarks about the same posts I did while initially reading
I like eyerolls and snarks.

And aside from that, since then I've liked his stances on RedTea/Varsoon. His is...Actually there's a few reads I don't agree with here. He needs to pump up the jams on his read strength for Chara and Skitter, and Enter and BEF should not be "really really town". Hm.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #632 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 630, Papa Zito wrote:Where's my @
We can work together and make one up right now!

@Papa Zito

Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #637 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Enter

Spoiler:
In post 429, Enter wrote: But whatever. I don't think it's playstyle I think we're aligned differently. Also if you read me from earlier, the only reason I said not to vote you was cuz your slot wasn't active, and now your slot is active, so I don't feel bad putting my vote on you. Especially because you keep reading the wrong people as town.

Still, if you would explain why you think Implosion is town, I'd be a big fan of you doing that, because I don't necessarily see what he's done at all.
In post 439, Enter wrote:
1. the 3p thing has been mentioned by implosion already (and i maybe did too? i definitely noticed ti but id on't remember if i explicitly brought it up)
Ouch. I must have missed that.
2. i don't know why you're not scumreading and/or voting me for voting redtea when i'm also pushing her and brought up the verbose/not-actually-saying-anything point like eight pages ago
Couple things:
1. It's the style of response, his is p matter-of-fact, he says she's scum. Yours read like it was pushing reads. I want people to push reads and sort people, because I'm almost certain you'll reach similar conclusions to me on most things.
2. His reads list... I almost completely disagree with at a couple p monumental points (P zito, implosion, myself, readtea, persivul, and BEF isn't even on the list) and I don't see good reasons for him to be taking the stances he does => his reads seem made up to me.
was ISOing Zito and i can't remember if Enter replied to 301. if not, i'd like to see that.
Literally the post below it.
In post 460, Enter wrote:UNVOTE:

I was actually really mistake. I thought Elbirn was replacing Robert2424.

I still don't like his reads list/explanations, but I'm not going to call him scum off that alone for the time being.

VOTE: chara
Let's go back here.
In post 475, Enter wrote:Didnt' realize deadline was so close. I'm down for BEF or Elbirn. Don't wanna lynch redtea.

In post 481, Enter wrote:Alright my reads:

Town:
Redtea
mcqueen
Varsoon
Skitter

Townish:
Papa Zito

Nullish:
Robert2424
Imp
A50

Scummish:
Elbirn
Chara
Persivul
In post 482, Enter wrote:I need to pay more attention when I'm playing this game.

Chara is nullish. I would read her as town, but I don't like the Jazz around the minhyu vote.

BEF is the person who belongs down by Elbirn and persivul. I'm also ok w/ Robert2424 lynch, (he's been kinda scummy recently) but I really don't like lynching lurkers day one.

I smell inconsistency.

Did you forget that I didn't replace Robert, or did you not actually stop scumread me when you unvoted me in post ? I'm bothered that you went from declaring your scumread a mistake and wanting to give me room, back to me being scum again as if you forgot you made that post.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #639 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 635, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 632, Elbirn wrote:Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz
You mean you didn't have an @ for me?

:(

I kinda answered this on the previous page:
In post 615, Papa Zito wrote:There's nothing gut about it. Show me one redeeming post from that slot. One nugget that promotes a town agenda.
I can expand on this, I suppose.

1. This slot has not engaged with the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.
2. This slot has not provided any information to the game whatsoever.
3. This slot has dodged attempts to make it do 1 or 2.

You could simply chalk that up standard Vi play sure, but let me ask you this: When this pattern repeats on Day 2, what will you do about it? Day 3? Day 4? How excited will you be to stand next to Robert in Lylo? Because I guarantee you, if this guy does happen to be town, he'll be there.
In post 636, Chara wrote:unpopular opinion, but i agree with Zito on that. i don't consider it policy because to me, failure to be town is the same as being scummy.
but i'm reconsidering my preference of Robert over redtea. i thought imp's posts on the subject were good.

also echoing that Varsoon is extremely reactive as town too and that i'm reconsidering the scumread there based on how he's played this day. so i'll see what he does going into day 2.
sorry for the lukewarm post. i'm playing kingdom hearts. you should understand that this momentous occasion takes precedence.
I did read you post that on the previous page, Zito, I guess I was just hoping for something different for me to chew on. Because herein lies my problem, I don't hold to the idea that a lack of townliness is the presence of scumliness. Voting for Robert here isn't a vote for scum so much as it is voting to punish someone for playing poorly, and I have no confidence that that leads to a lynch on scum. Like yeah, you caught me, given the way he's played thus far I don't want to be with him in LYLO, but I also don't see how that translates into him being worth a lynch, because to me the only people worth a lynch are people I think are scum. And you just double downed on there not being a reason to think he's scum.

(Dear Chara I hope you enjoy your videogame time)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #641 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think I basically want RedTea or Enter gone today

There are people who townread them and I would love to be spoonfed on why that is, literally ELI5, especially Enter because he's my bizarro world twin opposite so far
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #653 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 645, Enter wrote:Sorry I realize I've been inconsistent as crap, but I'm dealing with a couple mechanics I'm really not used to and it doesn't help that this game state is very... strange.

@Elbirn
No I did make a mistake and thought you replaced Robert. I still thought your post was scummy, but the fact that you replaced Minhyu made me think you should get a bit more of a chance. You didn't rectify it to the degree that I desired, hence, I continue to scumread you.
In post 460, Enter wrote:UNVOTE:

I was actually really mistake. I thought Elbirn was replacing Robert2424.

I still don't like his reads list/explanations, but I'm not going to call him scum off that alone for the time being.

VOTE: chara
Let's go back here.
In post 475, Enter wrote:Didnt' realize deadline was so close. I'm down for BEF or Elbirn. Don't wanna lynch redtea.

These posts were two hours apart, and I did not post anything in this time. Your reason for scumreading me again is that I didnt meet your standards of townliness in a very short time span during which I wasnt even playing the game?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #708 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:

I hit the brakes on the wagon, can someone reward my goodboi behavior by answering my call for a spoonfed reason for the red tea townreads?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #719 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: BEF
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #737 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

Enter do you want to be masons? You and I are going to be masons. I changed my mind about Varsoon, you and I need to sort some things out
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #738 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: Robert

Hooray for hypocrisy, I dont know that I'll be on at deadline so hereyago
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #747 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh, I feel I should claim this before tonight. My role PM specifies that I cant use neuromods and therefore cant gain new abilities. Not sure what that means but probably dont waste night actions on me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #761 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 756, skitter30 wrote:i don't particularly think that robert is flipping scum but a lynch needs to happen and we need time for claims and all that jazz and the redtea one has been curiously stalled despite me pushing it like forever so

VOTE: robert

if this flips town i'm pushing like everyone currently on the robert wagon tomorrow - elbirn + redtea
Skitter you know I'm town, shush. Believe in me. Believe in the d r e a m
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #836 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 833, BrightEyedFish wrote:Me, PZ and Persivul are the only ones left in the hood, which seems to be locked now.

VOTE: Persivul
Is this confirmable? I recall reading enter or someone else stating that the hood did not have a members list in the op. Could others have been listening in?

Thought enter and red tea were hinting at masons when I changed course.. This is much worse
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #842 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 841, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 840, skitter30 wrote:
In post 838, BrightEyedFish wrote:And the reason I decided to vote Persivul over PZ was due to Persivul's spot/vote on Robert.
Persivul's felt more compromise-y due to the deadline tbh
Can you check if he voted redtea before or after she claimed?
I see that, but do this real quick.

Do a quick ISO of Persivul and while reading it just assume he is scum. It will make sense.
I hate to be a pedantic shit, but you can do this for any player for either alignment. If you assume something, you will find it. You can make a case for anybody for anything.

Can you confirm the time that redtea/enter claimed lovers? I think it could also be fruitful to look to see if theres anyone outside the neighborhood who suddenly/awkwardly 180'd their read on either of the two after the claim
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #868 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 847, Varsoon wrote:Also, I didn't expect two motherfuckers to die, so I'm still without a vote today, so we'll need literally everyone on a scum wagon to get a lynch, so get your shit together.
Varsoon you're gonna have to full claim your vote less thing buckaroo bonsai. I dont need to know what going vote less does, I just need to have it broken down for me like I'm 5 exactly how going voteless works, what conditions need to be met..I just need transparency on this thing m8
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #871 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 869, Persivul wrote:
In post 862, Almost50 wrote:@Percy/BEF/Zito: Did Enter also claim his Commute shot in the PT?
He said he had some means of protecting himself but didn't get specific.
This would be why scum shoots red tea over enter. Enter is a much more probable night kill, he has a few townreads, he's more involved in discussion than red. But he claims a self protective ability so scum has to shoot redtea. I think if there were any doubts about it this should prove scum is in the hood.

@Persivul, Since I haven't gotten an answer from BEF (hes away I suppose) can you confirm time/date enter and redtea claim lovers? I want to see if I can find fishy behavior in main game around this time.

@Varsoon, thanks babe, you do you i suppose but if you're town consider that with 3 dead townies already we might need your vote back in play soooonnn....
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #876 (isolation #37) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 872, Varsoon wrote:Yeah man it's my night action so I should be good to go for tomorrow. If I'd have known we'd be 3 down, I would'a come back to voting today.
In post 873, BrightEyedFish wrote: We had night talk in the hood and they claimed after the day had ended. That's what leads me to believe scum was in the hood.
Well apologies to you both then cuz I think I'm misunderstanding you and making you repeat yourselves. I gotcha now. Varsoon I thought you were trying to claim that two people dead meant you couldn't undo the voteless, maybe numbers had to be odd or even, dude idk what I read but that's why I was bothering you.

I'll uh quit babbling and reread bef/persivul/zito.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #927 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

Fish what info do you need before you can conftown yourself? Theres 0 need to be elusive about it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #942 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #965 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 963, Varsoon wrote:I forgot Elbirn ... were in this game until they [sic] posted today.
I have difficulty believing this, and you've been kinda dodgy re: my slot.

Not sure what to make of it, dont have anything intelligent to say on the subject, I just think you're being w e i r d
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #969 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 945, Chara wrote: most importantly, i don't think scum had to have heard the claim at all. Enter said, in the main thread, that redtea dying if town is worse than town Robert dying. that alone is a softclaim. combined with how Enter earlier pointed out that the entire hood wasn't voting redtea? it's painfully, painfully obvious. if scum is in the hood: they knew about the lovers qnd killed redtea. if scum isn't in the hood: they read the main thread and took a shot based on information given out publicly. a less sure one but anybody reading end of day 1 and thinking redtea wasn't a PR (and if scum they would know she's town, obviously) was just not reading.

i don't think it's worthwhile to be saying scum had to be someplace or another.
and this is in spite of my scumread on Persivul, who's in the hood.
All of this is sound, but my issue is the shooting of redtea over enter. Like, reading the thread, I never got the impression that redtea was a PR, I got the impression that enter and redtea were masons and enter was trying to protect her as the partner at risk of being lynched.

If I'm scum picking the nightkill, and I decide to kill off one of the clearly softclaiming masons, why do I pick redtea over enter? Enter would be conftown by the dead Mason partner, and hes a lot more active and forceful than redtea is.

I think the simplest explanation is that scum had ears in the neighborhood and decided to not shoot the lover claiming a self-protective ability. Granted my hypothesis doesnt necessarily work if theres reason to believe redtea was something other than a Mason, or if lovers are a common enough occurrence? I've never played a game with lovers before I dont think. Even then why not shoot enter though?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #970 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:

I dont actually want to be voting BEF
I just want him to turn up
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1002 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 984, Varsoon wrote:
In post 965, Elbirn wrote:
In post 963, Varsoon wrote:I forgot Elbirn ... were in this game until they [sic] posted today.
I have difficulty believing this, and you've been kinda dodgy re: my slot.

Not sure what to make of it, dont have anything intelligent to say on the subject, I just think you're being w e i r d
I don't remember what you did on D1 besides move to fake-masons me, then paranoia scumread me? I dunno man. Do more stuff. Engage more. It's hard for me to draw a bead on you when you're either not present or just throwing up the usual 'Varsoon, dawgs'.
Okay but you also said the following:

Spoiler: Quotes
In post 633, Varsoon wrote:Thanks for eliminating any doubts I had about your alignment, Elbirn.

Also-also, friendly reminder we have less than 3 days to get a majority lynch.
In post 634, Varsoon wrote:
In post 632, Elbirn wrote:
In post 630, Papa Zito wrote:Where's my @
We can work together and make one up right now!

@Papa Zito

Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz

Elbirn why do you have to pluck the words from my
soul

I wish I could be this articulate right now

Which reads like a glowing endorsement/townread to me. Did you not mean it when you said it, or did you forget that you said it?
What's your take on the whole BEF thing?
It resonates with me on another level, tbh.
What does this even
mean

I'm undecided on what this means for BEF, I don't really see the motivation for a fakeclaim there as town, and I don't see what role there is that targeting someone else is also supposed to conf-town himself, or why he teehee forgets that Chara claimed ascetic, because that is absolutely what he's doing.

I think Persivul comes out of this scenario looking town, both for his pressure on BEF, which I think is pretty sound and town-motivated, and I had a more specific reason for that that I've forgotten and don't yet feel like going back to but hey. It was a big brain moment I had but I forgot to post it, maybe I'll go look for it now
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1003 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

Nope, I just re-iso'd him and I have no idea what I was on about. I swear there was something he said or did today that I was like "scum-persivul doesn't do this ever" but it's gone now, maybe it was a dream, ignore that part.

I do actually want this now though so there's that
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1030 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

BEF/Varsoon/Chara

If I'm right you three have to buy me a pizza postgame

Thanks ♡
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1036 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1032, Chara wrote:
In post 1030, Elbirn wrote:BEF/Varsoon/Chara

Thanks ♡
so you think both of Fish's buddies are hard defending him?
and that Fish claimed
this
badly with daytalk? and safeclaims?
In post 1033, Chara wrote:it feels like the holistic half of the list is townreading Fish and the logical half wants him lynched. but i thought Elbirn was more of a holistic player so the list has me the most confused from him.

at this point i doubt we'll get a lynch without a claim. if it outs his PR so be it, and it will be provable or it won't be.
Hi I'm Elbirn and my playstyle is not holistic or logical, its openly shitposting and occasionally saying smart things or having spot on hunches but dont count on it. I'll be frank, it was just a funny thought I had that I wanted to put out there for smart guy points in post game if I called it, maybe see how you three feel about my grossposting *worlds biggest shrug*

I do absolutely think that it's not out of the realm of possibility for both scum buddies to hard defend or to make really bad fake claims. I dont know much about you or how you play, but I feel like its the kind of thing Varsoon would do and then schmooze his way out of if hes scum and it comes back to bite him on the ass.

I am interested as to how you know scum have fake claims provided?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1039 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1037, Chara wrote:
In post 1, Xtoxm wrote:The following is public knowledge: the setup consists of a town faction (Human) and a single groupscum faction (Typhon), where "groupscum" is defined as having more than one player. Typhon will have daytalk and safe claims. It is not public knowledge whether other alignments exist in the game.
Fair enough, thought I could catch you out on that one if you hadn't realized but eh meh bleh slips are bullshit anyway

I just want something to do today and I feel like nothing gets resolved if it doesnt involve BEF and we somehow only have 4 days left
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1041 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1040, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1030, Elbirn wrote:BEF/Varsoon/Chara

Thanks ♡
why am i not in this scumteam?
ie you think varsoon and chara are sketchy for defending bef, but so have i?
Because you're not scum, silly-willy
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1074 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Neighborizing motivator is weird sounding but very easily confirmable. So I dont have an issue with the claim itself because we can pin it down regardless, I dont think it's worth fretting over "does the mod really assign this fake claim/does scum really make this up?", because that's not going to be very fruitful.

My issue instead is that

1. BEF chose someone (chara) who was not able to be targeted, thus preventing us from confirming his ability, even though chara claimed ascetic in their first post.

2. I admittedly dont know much about this role but I dont see it being a town only role, so even if confirmed we wind up stuck with "role=/=alignment"? I dont see why it couldn't be a scum role that enables team mates oh wait that doesnt make any sense with the neighborizer aspect they're already in a pt

Uh.

Uhh.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1075 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Can anyone explain exactly what a motivator is? I thought it would be like a reload for another players x-shot role, but the wiki says it enables a player to do two actions in one night. This is only possibly useful on a player who has two night actions and that just seems bizarre to me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1113 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1086, implosion wrote:My problem with those two (elbirn especially) is that I don't really know what their scumranges are like. Like I feel like things like the way Elbirn is acting around BEF is townish but very reasonably within the realm of something competent scum can do and I don't know how good he actually is as scum. I feel vaguely better about Chara but I'm not sure I can put my finger strongly on why. Even though I remember seeing them have some scumgame where they went very deep.
I'm great as scum but I never roll it. It's a statistical anomaly so strong that you're better off assuming I'm always town.

Do you have reasons for thinking I could be scum? I dont do very well with wishywashy "hes townie but I dunno" and I'm a big fan of people committing to stances.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1142 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I've been townreading percival lately and I'm still unsatisfied with bef
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1143 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Good talks everyone
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1157 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Elbirn »

In case I'm not, I feel like I unvoted. I'm gonna get breakfast and a coffee and I'll see about making ☆~content~☆ today but I might be busy. My eleventy-first birthday was yesterday and some pals might come thru

In brief, someone asked me why I townread persivil and it's mostly to do with his content today, I think the way hes approached the BEF events was sound and it's how I would expect someone to react to the knowledge that "btw one of your two hood mates is almost definitely scum". I really dont get the push on persivul or why hes at l-1...like at all

BEF claim is basically meh because scum will have fake claims, and I'm especially perturbed that he targets chara. For one thing, his 2nd post in this game is him quoting chara claiming ascetic. I dont buy for a moment that he forgets this. It sounds more to me like his claim would have been falsifiable since he claimed neighborizer, so he had to claim to target someone it would fail on. His not targeting someone day 1 is similarly too convenient. On top of all of that, he says he targeted his top townread, but not only can we not verify the trajectory of any of his reads because he refuses to give any, but far as I can tell he has nigh zero interactions or mentions of chara in his iso so I cant even get the idea of that making sense

Also papa zizizizizito I'm right here what are you talking about, let's do it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1158 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1156, Persivul wrote:I'm a Phantom Cop. Each night I can learn whether someone is a Typhon Phantom. From discussions with mod I think that scum are all Typhons, but not all are specifically Phantoms. He wasn't perfectly clear. I asked straight out if I'm a Goon Cop but he wouldn't confirm. I targeted A50 last night but got a No Result.
I'll bite, how do you get no result?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1159 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

@BRIGHT EYED FISH

Remember that I claimed earlier that I cant be given new abilities or have my role modified. I confirmed with the mod that this includes neighborizing. If you live through today, you have no excuse if you claim to target me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1160 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1147, Chara wrote:also i think Elbirn is town if Percy flips scum here.
skeptical of Varsoon, and Almost.

skitter announcing a strong townread on me came off as strange. i don't really see the point of it. it's hard to explain but i already think i was pretty townread in a general sense.
In post 1148, Chara wrote:the best argument against Persivul scum i can come up with is that he seems to have no defenders here aside from Elbirn, who i townread if he's scum.
I'll bite here as well, why am I a townread if percy is scum? Actually I think you townread me in general if I recall correctly, but this seems to imply that read is even stronger if I...defend hypothetical scum and they die?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1163 (isolation #58) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1161, Persivul wrote:
In post 1158, Elbirn wrote:I'll bite, how do you get no result?
Not sure what you mean. It's nothing with my role. I get Typhon Phantom, Not a Typhon Phantom, or No Result, like a typical cop. Either I was blocked or it's something with A50.
Oh. My brain got stupid and I didnt think a cop would be told "no result" like other roles that just kinda...resolve without getting feedback. Ignore me I'm prone to moments of stupidity. I was sitting here like "why would percy be told he got role blocked? that doesnt happen"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1172 (isolation #59) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm really glad I changed my mind about doing a VC because it would have been for nothing, thanks a50

If you mcqueen and skitter could see the light that would be radicool
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1174 (isolation #60) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1157, Elbirn wrote:VOTE: BEF

In case I'm not, I feel like I unvoted. I'm gonna get breakfast and a coffee and I'll see about making ☆~content~☆ today but I might be busy. My eleventy-first birthday was yesterday and some pals might come thru

In brief, someone asked me why I townread persivil and it's mostly to do with his content today, I think the way hes approached the BEF events was sound and it's how I would expect someone to react to the knowledge that "btw one of your two hood mates is almost definitely scum". I really dont get the push on persivul or why hes at l-1...like at all

BEF claim is basically meh because scum will have fake claims, and I'm especially perturbed that he targets chara. For one thing, his 2nd post in this game is him quoting chara claiming ascetic. I dont buy for a moment that he forgets this. It sounds more to me like his claim would have been falsifiable since he claimed neighborizer, so he had to claim to target someone it would fail on. His not targeting someone day 1 is similarly too convenient. On top of all of that, he says he targeted his top townread, but not only can we not verify the trajectory of any of his reads because he refuses to give any, but far as I can tell he has nigh zero interactions or mentions of chara in his iso so I cant even get the idea of that making sense

Also papa zizizizizito I'm right here what are you talking about, let's do it
See above.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1234 (isolation #61) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Elbirn »

The leading wagon is on papa zito for no raisin and it disgusts me. Why are you all like this?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1236 (isolation #62) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1185, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: papa zito
I mean my reasons are pretty great compared to yours
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1237 (isolation #63) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

Literally give me a good reason to vote zito
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1240 (isolation #64) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1238, skitter30 wrote:no, your reasons are god-awful and i explained why like four times already

papa zito had a scummy push on robert yesterday, as i also explained like four times already

i'm literally not voting bef today because i think he's town and would prefer a nolynch to happen instead
Really though cuz I had to go all the way back to this post from last tuesday to find out why you think Zito is scum, a post in which you...gave reasons for disliking Zito before voting for persivul:

In post 955, skitter30 wrote:
In post 944, Varsoon wrote:Chara, I DREAM of the day that a mod has oversight enough to make a spy hood and then town is foolish enough to post anything truthful in there.
do you think about this in every game you play with hoods?
In post 954, Chara wrote:hey skitter, i found Zito's defense of skitter and pushing of Robert to be townier than Persivul's compromise vote. since both wagons were town, having a strong preference for one looks better to me.
i realize i'm not actually sure what you're scumreading Zito for.
i really really didn't like his robert push yesterday and i felt it relied on something that i don't consider to be a scumtell that i've seen scum utilize to score mislynches in other games

ie pushing someone for not being townie and not because they think they're actually scummy; i hate it when people are pushed for that, especially day1 because it isn't actually a scumtell imo; i don't know if i've *ever* seen a push like this actually end up on scum, but i've seen scum push townies who don't obvtown well for not being townie lots of times. the whole push just felt like the archetypical: push lynchbait for not being townie. it's a really really easy place for scum to push and i don't like it

however after ruminating a bit i think persivul's interactions wrt bef and the hood and the lovers thing are kinda worse today so

VOTE: persivul
Despite having been on board with this push:
In post 829, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
[7] Robert2424:
Papa Zito, Enter, Elbirn,
skitter30
, Persivul, redtea, Chara
(Lynch)

[3] redtea:
implosion, Almost50, BrightEyedFish
[1] mcqueen:
Robert2424

[2] Not Voting:
Varsoon, mcqueen

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-01 18:00:00)
And before later reneging on a Zito read:
In post 1083, skitter30 wrote:fairly good i think
i have a bunch of townreads that i'm fairly solid on
a pretty strong scumread (albeit one that might not get lynched today given evens + varsoon's lack of a vote)

don't have great reads on mcqueen (need him to like post actual thoughts instead of prodging) or papa zito rn tho

or varsoon really either

how do you read varsoon?

So yeah no you can mark me down as "wholly dissatisfied" and also "why are you tanking my townread on you like this"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1241 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Elbirn »

You can also check the boxes for "You should never prefer a no lynch over a lynch on someone whose alignment is unknown to you" and "Scum-Zito has no motivation to push one wagon over the other when they were both on town, as Chara noted"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1247 (isolation #66) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I understand a bit better where you're coming from now but I exist in a headspace where one of bef/persivil/zito are scum and I dont think its persivul or zito and I do think bef is acting sus af. And while I could compromise if necessary I think we need to lynch in those three today so we're not in mylo tomorrow staring down the barrel of still needing to sort the 1/3 chance of getting scum. So uh...yeah I'm doing my best to get who I think is most likely.

Also I see these rumblings about implosion and I can see it but I'm
not ready
, I want the scum from the hood dead. Idk if thats... necessarily smart or not but here we are

Pedit: all of this was towards skitter like an hour ago. I'm glad we got to see implo hoping on the zito wagon with no stated reason, that sure felt gross.

I'm tired and cranky I'll be back later
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1249 (isolation #67) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I appreciate your candor and while I was kinda aggressive earlier you're a pretty solid townread of mine, dont tell anyone
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1288 (isolation #68) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Elbirn »

Yeah yesterday was real cute can we be smart now?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1334 (isolation #69) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1331, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1328, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1318, skitter30 wrote:why is he mechanically clear?
@a50
I tried to ignore this, but you never learn (how to play with me). I guess it doesn't hurt anymore..

I had 3 different actions at my disposal, but I could only use ONE each night. The multi-tasking modifier would have let me use all 3 on the same night (N1) or the two remaining (N2), so I know why a TOWN role like that would exist.

I only have one more ability unused by now, but I would rather not claim ANY of the 3 before D4 (and if I get NK'd you'd know all 3 anyway, and since they yield no investigative results you'd be missing nothing, as I have no additional info to reveal)

@BEF: OK.. so target me NOW. It doesn't matter if you/I get shot tonight anymore. :wink:
My murder boner remains unsatiated
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1336 (isolation #70) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Btw someone hit me with a "flexifoam bolt" last night. Dont know what it means, I assume it's a loud fruit vendor, xtoxm will only say that seems like a reasonable assumption. I'm not gonna bother with this tidbit I just wanna put it out there
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1347 (isolation #71) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

"Loud vig that only kills scum and tickles/confirms town" sounds broken powerful and theres already stuff on the board so like...I'm gonna say it's just a fruit vendor and hurry along my merry way
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1352 (isolation #72) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1348, Varsoon wrote:What you wrote is actually really funny because
Spoiler: huge game spoilers
the main character that you play as is a Typhon, who has been injected with a human's memories, and who thinks he is human.
So you saying you can't tell is funny
because the main character is supposed to be assumed as human but
it's revealed he's actually a typhon with memories of the main character injected

Anyway Typhon are SHAPESHIFTER MIMICS that can LOOK LIKE HUMANS so it's probably not a great idea to flavor-game this since Xtoxm very likely just picked some critical human characters to not be represented as roles so that the Typhon players could fake-claim them, hilariously, in a flavor-friendly way.

P-EDIT: @Elbirn: Could just disable a Cystoid Colony type Typhon but yeah that's real hard flavorspec
Take it to mean it's a human-flavored fruit vendor unless someone claims different.
I opened that spoiler against my better judgement and had prey spoiled for me so hard that I cant play it now

Heed the warnings of the spoiler my friends
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1356 (isolation #73) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1353, Varsoon wrote:ELBIRN I TRIED TO KEEP YOU FROM LEARNING IT MAN
It's still a good game even with that knowledge/spoiled.
I might reprey it sometime soon.
I mean it's a shock-like (if that's a term) so of course theres a corny spoiler,
hell it's basically literally analagous to bioshock 1
, so yeah I mean whatever I missed the dumb part I'll play it when I forget what the twist is in like a month or two

Pedit chara I am sorry but we will persevere
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1381 (isolation #74) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1375, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1374, Chara wrote:he's voting you because your read on him changed in a way that doesn't really make sense to me.
you were convinced scum was in the neighbourhood, but now you aren't?
Not really anymore. I mean it could make sense but just going off statistics, lynching from the hood as been a town massacre. I know I'm town and that would only leave Pers as the lone scum in the hood and I think its worth maybe lynching elsewhere.
Maybe we are looking in the wrong spots.
Bef: "one of my and persivul is scum, and I am town."

Also bef: "let's not lynch in the hood."
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1438 (isolation #75) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I came around to an implosion scumread a while ago, really felt some shit chara(?) Was saying, never commented on it

And now I cant even say anything because now EVERYONES floating him as a scumread and hes scumreading me so I'll look opportunistic and scummy

That's fine I'll keep deathtunneling bef.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1439 (isolation #76) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Idk what the hubbub about a cop result on a50 was even though I just read it but hes town anyway
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1444 (isolation #77) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1441, Chara wrote:
In post 1438, Elbirn wrote:I came around to an implosion scumread a while ago, really felt some shit chara(?) Was saying, never commented on it
i'm interested in finding out what you agreed with about implosion scum.
Likewise!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1445 (isolation #78) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1443, Varsoon wrote:UNVOTE:
Wait shit didn't Percivul claim something that made them conf-town?
Percy is a sort of cop but only on a specific flavor, or so the speculation goes.

A weak investigative sounds about right for this setup I suppose soo
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1452 (isolation #79) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Skitter stop hedging your townread on me its offensive
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1459 (isolation #80) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1453, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really hedging, i basically lost it ~eod2 during this interaction: viewtopic.php?p=10715385#p10715385

only reason why it's not good is cuz of one good post you made day1 that i'll point out later
Me being irrationally pissy at a townread not doing what I want followed by feeling bad and trying to act diplomatically is peak elbirn

And you might have repeated yourself ad nauseam, and you may feel confused because you didnt tell me anything you didnt already say, but you didnt tell me in a direct conversation with me, and that's how you get shit to stick with me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1460 (isolation #81) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1458, Varsoon wrote:I'm pretty sure Elbirn is town.
I think there's probably a scum in implosion/mcqueen but I don't want to fuck up and choose wrong and I feel like that's what's going to happen
Why are our votes so split?

Why the dichotomy between the two?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1504 (isolation #82) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1477, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Mcqueen

There are no VTs in this game.
In post 1478, Varsoon wrote:Wait shit thinking of a different game
We actually already had a VT flip, right?
Vote stays, though.
Varsoon is your playstyle that no matter your alignment you play as suspiciously as possible?

I wanna be clear, ive taken the bait on your claim and how you've acted about it is sound, but you always seem to say shit that I just dont jive with so hard it feels like it's on purpose
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1507 (isolation #83) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1505, Varsoon wrote:It seems to have really interesting negative utility around us going on evens with Lovers and commuters in setup, too. I was excited when I rolled it and was hoping I could just commute scoot my ass all the way to the win.

My Playstyle is full on scatman, all the time, forever.
I dont really understand what you mean by negative utility, or how being on evens is bad. Am I missing something?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1511 (isolation #84) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1508, Varsoon wrote:If I can't vote and it's 6 town to 3 scum, then town has 5 votes but needs 5 to lynch.
Literally every town needs to be voting scum or scum need to be bussing in order for a lynch on scum to go through
It's what happened yesterday, remember?
Yeah I just haven't been thinking about that fact for whatever reason, plus my brain got dumb at math and I had to do 4d chess in my own head to understand that no matter the number of players, if on evens and one townie cant vote = scum lynches always require all town to vote on it. So what you've said is true of 10p or 8p or whatever.

Actually that's still incorrect but I dont feel like erasing it, gaze upon my dumbassery yee mortals.

But uh hey what do you think of yesterday then with the idea in mind that a scum lynch is impossible unless scum bus?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1513 (isolation #85) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Let me try being more direct. A scum lynch is impossible yesterday unless scum bus. What do you think then about the BEF and Zito wagons? How does scum play and where are they at?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1516 (isolation #86) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Vote for bef witcha boi?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1521 (isolation #87) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1517, Almost50 wrote: @Elbrin: You can go anytime, bro. Save us some time while you're here.
Sure sure, I was just waiting my turn since yall seemed to care about that.

I am Mikhaila Ilyushin, my only role tidbit is I have "Paraplexis - Apathetic"

I think apathetic is maybe some role I dont know of, paraplexis is the theme specific flavor thingy for it. It says specifically that this is a neurological disease that prevents me from using neuromods, even ones that are normally safe for humans. But then flat out says I cant gain new abilities.

So I dont know if neuromods are the only way to gain abilities, or if that is also flavorful, but xtoxm went on to tell me (after I asked) that I cant gain *any* new abilities and my role cant be modified in *any* way. This includes neighborizing, for example. I cant do anything no matter what.

So my interpretation has been that I'm some sort of super vanilla named townie, basically, and with a hint about others having the ability to give out abilities. I think skitter claimed this which resolves that mystery
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1538 (isolation #88) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Literally claim a guilty on percy or go away
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1540 (isolation #89) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

BEF/Implosion/Mcqueen, with Almost50 as the townbeard/official mascot.

Let's make it happen family
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1543 (isolation #90) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1541, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1532, Varsoon wrote:BEF hasn't even proved his role, though, right?
You're all gang ho on him BEFORE he trues to TODAY
Yeah I wonder why I'm out for blood on the poorly fake claiming scum running counter to the claimed cop who was mysteriously unable to be lynched yesterday in a scenario where a lynch on scum is literally impossible if scum dig their heels in and refuse to bus, and surprise surprise the entire player list came out in support of him and flipped the wagon onto obvtown

Wheeeeeee
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1544 (isolation #91) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1542, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1540, Elbirn wrote:BEF/Implosion/Mcqueen, with Almost50 as the townbeard/official mascot.

Let's make it happen family
hilarious. so i bussed bef d1 on my own. k
I forgot that your one vote vanity wagon on a player in zero danger = you can never be aligned together, wowsers. Since you're town you wanna vote bef?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1747 (isolation #92) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1727, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1720, skitter30 wrote:idk if implosion is scum who do you think a better 'check' would have been?
Hmmm.. I dunno. Assuming both BEF & Percy are Town; a clear on one was likely to get the other lynched today.
So if implo gets a cop shot, why doesn't he check the hood?
In post 1359, implosion wrote:After yesterday, new reads:

{a50, BEF (moves significantly down if persivul flips town or if he doesn't verify his role)}
{skitter, chara, mcqueen}
{elbirn}
{persivul, varsoon}

Why are we lynching in me/mcqueen? We went for zito because we were trying to PoE the neighborhood, and now we've been blessed with an extra mislynch and we're going to not do that??

If people aren't wanting to lynch persivul because of his PR claim then, eh? sure? but then why are we lynching mcqueen?? That's just throwing away the info we've gotten. If Persivul is town and we get multiple scum flips that are not typhon phantoms then we can effectively clear him.

That said, I really don't think it should be a valid reason to not lynch him especially given we have a ML to work with now. If he's town then we're losing a probably weak PR but I really don't think he is, barring a vig claiming to have shot redtea. I'm typically the person saying that it's dumb to strongly assume NK reasons but I really don't think redtea makes sense as a kill for any other reason and I find the ideas of BEF scum or scum who was lurking in the hood implausible.

VOTE: Persivul

Elbirn's vote on BEF makes a lot of sense he and persi are scum and mcqueen is town. I actually think the read I feel worst about out of skitter/chara/mcqueen is skitter.

His reasons for voting persivul are that theres scum in the hood, and he scumreads percy, and super strongly townreads bef...in what world does this man feel this way, and then uses a gifted cop shot on ANYONE besides bef/percy?

Because hes scum with bef. Claiming an inno on bef makes him confscum when scum!bef flips. Claiming an inno on percy means bef gets lynched. Claiming a guilty on town!percy means, after his mislynch, implo gets lynched, and then maybe bef afterwards. He could claim a guilty on his buddy for towncred but that would be bussing for no reason, so he doesnt.

They're both scum. Lynch them both and do it now
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1748 (isolation #93) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

Nonono for FUCKS SAKE

UNVOTE:

To be clear in case the soup above is unreadable, I never voted percy

@xtoxm can you fix my fucked up quote? Halp

I've got you.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1763 (isolation #94) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1748, Elbirn wrote:
@xtoxm can you fix my fucked up quote? Halp

I've got you.
You have been most kind and attentive
In post 1751, Chara wrote: hey Elbirn, given that they're scum together, or implo is scum and Fish is town, would you vote implo?

i explained why scum Fish/town implo never happens here in my post above.
In post 1752, skitter30 wrote: ok, would you vote implosion first then?
To be 10000% clear, I'll vote implo if necessary but bef is my preference. I think a bef flip gives so much more information, practically clears percy (unless you think theres two hood scum, I sure dont), practically guilties implo (see my last post), and just...yeah. whereas an implo scum flip gives us a dead scum, sure, but I dont know what else from it.

Frankly I want bef dead first because it makes it easier to get implo afterwards, in a way that we dont get from lynching implo first, and I'm a manipulative little shit because I dont want everyone to forget about bef tomorrow, especially if I'm not around to death tunnel him.
In post 1757, Varsoon wrote:I'm actually really surprised that Skitter feels like Chara is town here and vice-versa.
If I had an ability and someone stopped me from using it, I'd be like, "WHERE IS THAT SCUM MOTHERFUCKER?"
Similarly if I could stop someone from taking actions and I hit someone with it and there was no kill, I'd be like, "I GOT THAT SCUM MOTHERFUCKER!"
but maybe that's just a difference in my approach to the game?
Also that does lean heavy on a decisively mechanical approach to the game, whereas I think you've both been pretty town otherwise.
I'm just curious why neither of you seem to have considered the other in that way.
I thought about this as well and like...while charas reaction doesnt make sense necessarily, it DOES in a situation where shes townreading skitter hard. If you're a jail keeper you can either play to protect someone or play to guilty and getting a successful protect shouldnt mean flipping your read because you were playing to protect town so like idk man look I dont do the words I want coffee and I'm in a rush
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1764 (isolation #95) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Elbirn »

I've been considering chara as deep scum but why is she bussing implo and clearing skitter?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1852 (isolation #96) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

First
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1853 (isolation #97) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1856 (isolation #98) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh, I didnt get to read anything from my last post onwards because yall pulled a sneaky on me while I was out to lunch with my family. I was sad I didnt get to be involved.

Yeah scum hammers that wagon probably maybe
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1857 (isolation #99) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1849, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
[5] implosion:
Varsoon, Chara, skitter30, mcqueen, BrightEyedFish
(Lynch)

[2] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn
[1] mcqueen:
Almost50
[1] Persivul:
implosion

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 3 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-21 19:00:00)
I dont think either persivul or almost are scum. Meaning both scum hopped on after chara started ramming it through with skitter. Mcqueen and bef are likely the team?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1858 (isolation #100) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1857, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1849, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
[5] implosion:
Varsoon, Chara, skitter30, mcqueen, BrightEyedFish
(Lynch)

[2] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn
[1] mcqueen:
Almost50
[1] Persivul:
implosion

The Day 3 deadline is in
I dont think either persivul or almost are scum. Meaning both scum hopped on after chara started ramming it through with skitter. Mcqueen and bef are likely the team?
This is a bit lazy.

But I do think that if percy/almost are town, ergo implo got bussed by both buddies...with bef on the table as a mislynch? Probably even more bad boi points for bef. And he needs to die today.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1861 (isolation #101) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1860, skitter30 wrote:rip chara

i'm pretty sure persivul is town (otherwise implosion decided to start day3 bussing his partner with the flavor-cop claim)
i think elbirn is scum and that bef is the designated mislynch

VOTE: elbirn

other scum is in {varsoon/mcqueen} imo

i would like to hear persivul's result and a50's action, if he'd like to share it
Why are you so hard set against bef and what actually are your reasons for scumreading me?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1862 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Sidebar: if BEF is town, skitter==town. If BEF is scum, skitter==gosh idk but her cred for pushing implo doesnt matter anymore, when theres two viable lynches and they're both your scumbuddies I imagine you pick a bus and ride it. Null I guess.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1865 (isolation #103) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Elbirn »

If bef were town, implo would have gone down pushing him, not percy.

I can keep doing this 4d chess expanding brain meme if yall want but I think you get the idea
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1869 (isolation #104) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1863, skitter30 wrote:rn because you wouldn't vote implosion yesterday

bef could have just motivated implosion, *literally* no reason to claim it in the neighborhood pt and for his claim to unfold that way instead of just using it on a partner; implosion's good enough with mechanics to just have him motivate him. even if he was like disloyal or something i still have no idea why he even thinks about claiming there.

his votes are all god-awful but i think they're probably in the too-scummy-to-be-scum range, and if i had to guess implosion is probably the strongest pr of the scumteam and i don't think he lol-hammers his partner there like that

(aside when i asked mcqueen to claim yesterday i thought he was going to claim tracker and/or watcher and i would have taken that as a scumclaim, part of my role loosely points to scum having tracker/watcher abilities)
1. I'm sorry I wasnt here to acquire the goodboi points for voting for the right scum, jk idc

2. His claim is 999% a lie

3. Too scummy to be scum isnt a thing

4. Scum hammers scum for explicitly that reason and no other lynch was possible yesterday except for maybe one on himself, survivalism is null, hammering a buddy makes you look like a goodboi (see point 1 where you push me for NOT voting implo)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1885 (isolation #105) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1870, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1865, Elbirn wrote:If bef were town, implo would have gone down pushing him, not percy.

I can keep doing this 4d chess expanding brain meme if yall want but I think you get the idea
so you think we had two competing wagons on scum yesterday?
ie it went from bef (who failed to use his claimed action) to implosion, the scum pr?

Spoiler:
In post 1700, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 3.12
[4] BrightEyedFish:
Elbirn, Persivul, Almost50, Varsoon
[2] implosion:
Chara, skitter30
[1] Persivul:
implosion

[2] Not Voting:
BrightEyedFish, mcqueen

The Day 3 deadline is in
In post 1778, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 3.14
[3] implosion:
Chara, Varsoon, mcqueen
[2] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn
[1] Persivul:
implosion

[3] Not Voting:
BrightEyedFish, Almost50, skitter30

The Day 3 deadline is in
In post 1801, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 3.15
[3] mcqueen:
Chara, BrightEyedFish, Almost50
[2] implosion:
Varsoon, mcqueen
[2] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn
[1] Persivul:
implosion

[1] Not Voting:
skitter30

The Day 3 deadline is in

what are scum doing in these vcs? ^^^
I'm not grasping your point here, because these vc's flow pretty logically to me. Elaborate plz?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1888 (isolation #106) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1875, skitter30 wrote: 1. i asked you to vote implosion yesterday, you replied and said you'd rather bef

2. who on earth comes up with a day-motivating-neighborizer claim as scum and then *puts themselves in a position to fuck up using it and make themselves look bad* by not being able to verify it when he could have claimed like anything else on the planet, like vt or something

3. of course it's a thing

4. implosion's pretty obviously a strong scum pr (and a stronger player than bef here like always). if one of them is going down anyways why doesn't implosion just bus bef for the cred instead of the other way around.
1. This is actual and factual. My confidence in bef scum is such that if I were a shittier player I'd have faked a guilty on him. I won't make any excuses about my lynch preference but I think it's kinda shitty that I'm gonna get hell for not voting implo when I was enjoying my Saturday and yall decided to quick lynch with 4 days left and with me afk but sure. I made it clear I'd vote for either and have been pushing them as a pair since yesterday soo

2. The mod did, because fake claims are provided for scum. This is what you're stuck on, the role claim is a lie, a provided one at that.

3. No it's not.

4. This is a much more interesting point, gj. I'm not sure how to answer this one and I'll think about it.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1897 (isolation #107) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1886, skitter30 wrote:if bef was scum why did the wagon go from him to implosion
Because the implo wagon was town driven? chara made that happen. The genesis of the implo wagon, in a world where implo and bef are scumbuddies, only doesnt make sense if you're assuming that scum drive the implo wagon, which isnt what happened.

Unless you have another point which I've missed entirely?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2003 (isolation #108) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1984, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1978, Almost50 wrote:Tell me you're conditional Vig. If you're not, just lie to me, please. *Praying*
nah, although i thought a vig might exist, but it doesn't look like it

i'm an inventor; i had 4 shots to give out
i gave out the cop shot n1 to implosion; obvs this wasn't the best decision

n2 i tried to give a bg shot out, but i was protected (and thus roleblocked) so i don't think it went anywhere, and it never got claimed (that's why i said i could have been roleblocked because it didn't get claimed)

n3 i didn't do anything because chara was supposed to protect/rb me again

and so i have two shots left, not sure if i should claim them; their utility is kinda meh rn i think; but i'm prob dying tonight so i'll give out the more useful one; not sure who to give it to yet

and motivator would have worked on me. namely, say, n1 if i had been motivated i could have given out more than one shot, like: i could have given player A the cop shot and player B the bg shot on the same night

the flavor is that i'm a neuromod installer; the one post of elbirn's that i liked is that he claimed way back when that neuromods don't work on him; i felt like if he were scum, there's no reason to claim that; he could have just soaked up the shots without them doing anything
In post 1985, skitter30 wrote:oh and the people i was townreading the most day1 were elbirn and chara which is why i was kinda unsure who to give the copshot to since they were both ineligible

You're literally confirmed town thanks to my role, congratulations.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2005 (isolation #109) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1996, Almost50 wrote: On N4 and onwards I have the ability to use a 1-shot Conditional Vig (Shotgun). It doesn't do anything (it says I'm out of ammo) UNLESS my target had been previously hit with the FlexiFoam.

So, I want to lynch mcqueen and I will shoot Elbrin tonight.

Or we can go for a No Lynch if you don't trust me, and I will still shoot Elbrin tonight. Obviously ALL my shenanigans was me trying to stay alive UNTIL N4. I suspected Scum might be informed of what the FlexiFoam is, and I wanted everyone to think it wasn't me, and I still didn't want them to know >I< have that Vig shot, so that I don't get RB'd. (Again, I TOTALLY missed the RB shot of implosion)

Now, I will trust you to make the right decision and convince the necessary parties to support your decision.

Thank you.
Hi. How likely am I to be able to convince you to consider a worldview in which you don't shoot me? Alternatively, to admit to fakeclaiming once again to get a reaction?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2007 (isolation #110) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2003, Elbirn wrote: You're literally confirmed town thanks to my role, congratulations.
In post 2004, skitter30 wrote:? why
Because my role (can't be modified/role changed/whatever) necessitates the existence of a town role such as yours that gives out abilities or power ups. That's literally it, nothing else.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2010 (isolation #111) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

<>Town<>
  • Skitty
  • Almost
  • Percy
  • Mcqueen
  • Varsoon
  • BEF
<>Scum<>

I tried really hard to make a pretty reads list
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2011 (isolation #112) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Unless someone's snowed me good I feel really good about this list even though I probably couldn't quantify why
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2052 (isolation #113) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hi I didnt hammer anyone am I a good boi
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2053 (isolation #114) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Varsoon is a50 the scum that snowed me? Can you dumb down like I'm 5 why he's scum?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2057 (isolation #115) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2055, Almost50 wrote:@Elbrin: IF you're Town (I'll give that a generous 5% chance because you didn't promptly hammer), the it benefits you NOT AT ALL to lynch me today. As a matter of fact, your sacrifice for the greater good will be much appreciated by the whole Town, myself included.
My sacrifice is never worth it because I'm town you T H O T
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2090 (isolation #116) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Almost50
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2094 (isolation #117) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

I don't know what I did
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2096 (isolation #118) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2095, Persivul wrote:
In post 2094, Elbirn wrote:I don't know what I did
You hammered a town PR who was playing scummy af. Me too. Between the change in read on mcqueen and the late night kill claim, I thought for sure he was SK setting up his end game.
Yeah but I legitimately didnt mean to kill that man I just wanted to put a boogie dollar down

I did that and then the thread was locked literally the second I posted and I was triggered
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2097 (isolation #119) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Elbirn »

I dont think mcqueen is scum and I dont think both BEF and Percy can be scum.

I dont think scum varsoon needs to wind up a grandiose tinfoil hat theory about 3p a50 when he could have just voted for A50. Theres was a wagon there, what justification did he need.

So at least one of my 3 hypotheses are wrong.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2098 (isolation #120) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm about ready to just vote BEF and let the Varsoon/Persivul team take the win, how yall feel about that?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2103 (isolation #121) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I offer as rebuttal an audible fart noise
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2109 (isolation #122) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

We're in lylo, pressure doesnt exist. You either want the man dead or you don't. If neither of you/varsoon are scum then scum wins the game here
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2113 (isolation #123) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Elbirn »

While we're talking probabilities about the setup though

Enter gets 1 shot commute
Varsoon gets...Commute until he says stop?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2118 (isolation #124) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

If mcqueen is town because loved scum doesnt exist
And if BEF/percival cant be scum together

Then the team is necessarily either varsoon/bef or varsoon/percivul

So I'm gonna go read and see how Varsoon fits with implosion, pro tip he probably doesnt because he hid his vote away all game
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2119 (isolation #125) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2115, Varsoon wrote:Enter also got a neighborhood and a lover.

As far as not getting turbo-lynched, if Mcqueen is scum, then there is no 2 scum to speed lynch me. The fact you're angling mcqueen as town here without even considering the alternative makes me think you have more info than me.
This post also makes no sense from town-varsoon conftowning McQueen for being loved
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2120 (isolation #126) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2112, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, I'm not willing to believe mcqueen is loved scum while I'm voteless town. Seems unlikely.
Actually wait
Mcqueen being "conf town" is contingent on Varsoon being town + setup spec?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2124 (isolation #127) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2123, BrightEyedFish wrote: A varsoon/mcqueen team is looking cuter and cuter the more I think about it.
Based on what?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2131 (isolation #128) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2128, Varsoon wrote:That's right. No one is confirmed. That's literally a fact.
I've squared Elbirn as town here.
What I'm trying to make heads or tails of is who the other pair is.
What's your read on mcqueen?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2165 (isolation #129) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

Sorry I suck absolute ass

Would the game have gone any different if I had voted Varsoon last night before going to bed? Either way i once again did the thing where i had a hunch but zero confidence or initiative to do anything about it

Also i was the missing town investigative, everything I claimed was the truth..but I was also a weak non consecutive motion detector. N1 targeted enter because I wanted to clear enter and redtea (a stupid idea considering I thought they were masons soo they would have cleared themselves), N2 cant use action, N3 no action because I couldn't crumb a target before the quick hammer, N4 no action because at that point if I target scum my death ends the game.

Between all of that and town tunneling bef and letting the scum team get me to hammer A50 with the most minimal amount of effort on their part I probably should have just claimed to draw the NK.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2172 (isolation #130) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think constructive criticism would be more helpful for players who haven't played well, not arguing post game whether they need to be a PL moving forward.

My constructive criticism would be yeah stop lying it made it very difficult to see you as town even when other pieces in place indicated that bef =/= scum. I'd have also stuck to my guns on persivul being scum by hood PoE, like from your perspective I couldn't have come to any other conclusion. What were your thoughts re:percy, scum in hood, etc?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2203 (isolation #131) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Re: my not full claiming

I felt first and foremost that me claiming a weak investigative role both kills my utility and gives scum a tool. I can't really target ANYONE at that point because then scum can just shoot me and push an angle that I targeted so and so, therefore they're scum, and oh hey now theres two dead town. Especially if I now have to claim/hint who I target openly, or whatever. Being leashed like that sounded like negative utility to town and like me claiming wouldn't have helped at all. It wound up not mattering but only because I handled my role piss poorly and didnt target anyone else anyway but that way my thought process at the time..

I also didnt really see percy as being scum, as I thought both of our roles made sense? There was little investigative power, and it all had drawbacks. I was weak. He claimed an x-shot goon cop. Someone else was a 1shot cop inventor. If anything I found his claim more believable as a result of my own role. I guess I didnt put enough stake into trying to game the setup?

Uhh i had other stuff to babble but yeah constructive criticism super welcome, i was really trying to help my town babes

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”