Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Vote Count

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

You thought this was a vote count, but it was me, Dio!

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-01 08:00:00).

Mod notes: :D
Last edited by Lycanfire on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Baezu »

sky-

Spoiler:
towny post:
In post 281, Skygazer wrote:im concerned that NM could be seen as an easy mislynch for scum to pull off w/o catching any flak

i wouldn't go as far to describe him as lynchbait because the people who've played w him tend to know better but i'm p sure none of you have played w him so maybe in this context he has lhf qualities
scummy post:
In post 284, Skygazer wrote:
In post 277, Froce wrote:I'm not splitting the votes intentionally, this is just to see if anything surfaces in the last 10 hours.
This feels like a preemptive defense towards something they're worried others will perceive as scummy

null
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Baezu »

so my top 3 scum reads by POE are froce, NM and SKy

VOTE: froce
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Official Vote Count 2.04

This pupper recharging their chi with a crystal bath.

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Froce
(3): Skygazer, Not_Mafia, Baezu
Skygazer
(2): PvtUrist, Froce
Gimm1ck
(1): Exilon
Not_Mafia
(1): Gimm1ck

Not Voting
(0):
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-01 08:00:00).

Mod notes: :D
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Exilon »

@baezu could you provide some context on why you found certain things scummy?
Cause reading what you posted I have no idea.

Like, just overall what you think is most relevant
Feels like I've been here before.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Baezu »

On regards to your posts specifically or another players posts specifically or in general which posts I find scummy?
Show

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Baezu you broke the thread loser
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 356, Exilon wrote:
In post 347, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 341, Exilon wrote:I had this feeling you were pretending to fabricate some of your reasoning day 1, and making an effort to appear townie in most of your logic. I didn't want to say anything because I wanted to see if the feeling was going to hold up or not and how Moomn flipped.
Now you PR-fish instead of building a case which town!you I believe was wont to do, and you preempt an N_M lynch by using logic that is at best tenuous and at worst a flat-out lie, because your scum partner couldn't get it going.
Explain how floating around the suggestion of a hypo which a. Never happened, b. I wanted to ask everyone’s opinion of it instead of going ahead and hypoing, is PR-fishing.

By ‘preempting’ a NM lynch, all I want is pressure on them so I can formulate a read. Furthermore, if NM is my so-called ‘lynchbait’, why didn’t I lynch them yesterday? I could have easily shifted onto NM if I wanted an easy lynch.
1. Asking for everyone about hypo is fine, insisting on it happening even though people have said no and not letting go is wasting time for town and it's an attempt at PR-fishing. This however I concede is likely to be NAI (non-alignment indicative).
2. He wasn't lynchbait yesterday (even though some tried), he is lynchbait today. Also, you could have shifted to NM, but why would you when Moomn was right there? Look, pointless arguments!

In post 348, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 342, Exilon wrote:I mean not only because your scum partner couldn't get it going but I'm pretty sure you both see him as a safe lynch D2.
Very scummy for these reasons;
1. You assume I’m scum and working with a scum partner; if a townsperson were to say this, instead of going all up in arms with claiming ‘he’s scum! He’s scum!’, a townsperson would give an example and read of who my partner actually is, rather than simply claiming ‘oh, he has a partner!’.
2. If I theoretically had a scum partner, we both see him as a safe lynch: no, because I have said and currently say I do not have a strong read on NM yet. I have a scumlean. I want pressure on them. Simple.

Would like to point out the growing bond between NM and Exilon as possible scum partners; he whipped out the classic chainsaw defense.
1. I don't have to at this point, I think it's pretty clear who's the scum partner that I'm reading, even if it's independent and on another wagon. And no they wouldn't, that's a null tell at best (see: N_M's playstyle).

2. The point I made is redundant and hypothetical, obviously, so I don't even know why you as town would feel the need to address it. You as scum, however, I totally get.
2.5. Moreover, the response to the point has nothing to do with the point itself, it's strawmanning it. Instead of saying "actually, if I were scum I wouldn't see him as a safe lynch at all" or "if i were scum I would be going for someone else", which I feel would be very townie to do, you reject the hypothetical from the get go, and that I find to be a scumtell.

3. This is the exact narrative I'm accusing you of building. You clearly understand that most of us think N_M is town and you clearly understand that this is N_M's playstyle. You know he is not going to budge. Yet, you justify a vote by the quote below. In order to make the wagon and lynch appear more credible, you conjure up some extremely weak reasoning - I mentioned this briefly in the other post, let met expand on it:
In post 302, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 300, Gimm1ck wrote:What I will initially say is
MAJOR fos
on NM for
1. Lurking yesterday
2. Being put on a lynch block w/other people
3. Immediately lynching another person without reasoning
To clarify, he immediately lynched another person
on that list
without giving reasoning, something lazy scum would do over picking a few people to push, fabricate reasoning, and start counterwagon attempts on them
by lynching I'm assuming you mean voting; moving along;
MAJOR FOS doesn't seem like what you mentioned more recently here, which is a lot milder.
It was in addition to this:
In post 314, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 312, Exilon wrote:I didn't know hypo was a thing until today. I don't think it's useful at this point. I think it's PR fishing atm.
Hard figuring out if that's null or scummy.

Say Gimm, asides from wanting to Hypo, who do you think is scummy and would like to pressure currently?

Will tackle these in two independent posts; my reads when I have more time, but I will shoutout a fact that I want a NM lynch to test one thing.
You claimed multiple times that you could ‘hammer Moomn whenever you needed to’ - you hammered when a NM wagon was being built up. It seems logical that if NM is scum, you are a very potential partner for hammering Moomn out of fear of NM being CWed.
The reason I point out multiple times is that a scum would want to lay out a trail of their thoughts as to not be questioned on your decision: you went ahaid and did that. TLDR; If NM is scum Exilon is major FOS.

About hypoing, I don’t see the problem if everyone says ‘if doc, docced x; if Jailkeeper, jailkept y; if cop, z is town’; to me it only gives us information in case of a town PR death, without outing PRs.
I don't know what game have you been playing but at 2 hours left on the clock (which I noted), which is when I hammered Moomn, N_M's wagon still had only 3 votes and the risk of we getting a no lynch was extremely high, so for you to say that I hammered when a wagon was building up is disingenous at best and outright misleading at worst, and it comes up here very conveniently in order to push for a N_M lynch that you don't find that scum apparently despite the "MAJOR FOS" on him.

The worst part here is, you're FoS'ing people that you don't have as a strong scumread? It's the beginning of day 2 and you're already invoking flips as justification for a lynch?

You know what would help me, if you could post your actual reads as you said you would and we can go from there.

Regarding the whole ‘I want pressure on them’/FOS/whether it is a scumread or not, for me, just assume that when I want prsssure/have a FOS that it is synonymous with a current scumlean.

I sincerely alopigize, I assumed we were playing with plurality mechanisms instead of majority. The way I play on the site I frequent is by plurality, so for some reason I assumed the person with plurality (Moomn) would be lynched, and all it took was for one person on the Moomn wagon to shift to NM to be lynched. This is why I made the read of you being possible scum partners with NM, fearing the Moomn lynch. In retrospect, knowing what and why you hammered, that is now a town tell by hammering Moomn. With plurality mechanisms, anyone could have simply shifted towards NM.

Regarding your comment about targeting the hypothetical question instead of replying with ‘If I was scum, I would not do x, because y reasons’;
-Any scum or town player can easily make up anything at this stage. It relies on self playermeta and general reliability of the statements; metas change, and scumtells do so as well. I, therefore, do not see the point in making these statements.
-Yes, while most of the other Townspeople townread NM, as far as I can tell on the sole basis of ‘oh he’ll be good in endgame situations’, no. I want him to be good (or at least attempt to be good) now. At least pop off some reads or few; it literally is anti town to actively lurk to the extent NM currently is. This, at least to me, warrants pressure, and is scummy.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 351, PvtUrist wrote:In regards to mass claiming/hypoing, I'm against doing so today. With both scum alive and atleast another 2 days to go, it'll hurt more than help town when it comes to hiding our PRs. I'd possible suggest mass claiming Day 3, though, depending on how today progresses.

My reads haven't changed much since yesterday except on N_M and Baezu. I'm not willing to lynch within the town group, and while I'm not sure on N_M's allignment, I do not believe him to be the best Day 2 lynch. My strongest scumread is still Wilky/Skygazer, and the second scum is between N_M/Baezu. The lynch should be between Skygazer/Baezu today.

{Exilon, Gimm1ck, Froce} town
{Not_Mafia} null/lynch-bait
{Baezu} light scumread/PoE
{Skygazer} scum/PoE

This Exilon!Gimm1ck interaction is TvT. I've townread their tone since Day 1 (page 1-3), and it hasn't changed since. I don't believe Exilon is wolfing, and Gimm1ck is genuine with his reactions. I'm not sure on how to solve their tunneling, over than suggest that town does not always come across as town.

Froce is town, and I won't bother to elaborate unless someone disagrees and wants his lynch today.

N_M isn't pinging scum. (Yes, contradicting reads :igmeou: ) he's null/troll and is better off being mech-cleared or saved for D3.

I townread Baezu on Day 1, but I retract that statement after rereading her ISO. Her posts have been bland, passive and unengaging, classic sign of scum feigning activity and flying under the radar.

I'll restate why Skygazer is scum in a bit.
Disagree on two points, and find this post slightly scummy.
Why do you assume Exilon is wolfing? To me, at least, he found something scummy and is going after it. How is that open wolfing? Logs please.

Same thing with Baezu. They have been active and posting reads. They are a townread of mine. Tell us where Baezu is passive/unengaging.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 383, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 351, PvtUrist wrote:In regards to mass claiming/hypoing, I'm against doing so today. With both scum alive and atleast another 2 days to go, it'll hurt more than help town when it comes to hiding our PRs. I'd possible suggest mass claiming Day 3, though, depending on how today progresses.

My reads haven't changed much since yesterday except on N_M and Baezu. I'm not willing to lynch within the town group, and while I'm not sure on N_M's allignment, I do not believe him to be the best Day 2 lynch. My strongest scumread is still Wilky/Skygazer, and the second scum is between N_M/Baezu. The lynch should be between Skygazer/Baezu today.

{Exilon, Gimm1ck, Froce} town
{Not_Mafia} null/lynch-bait
{Baezu} light scumread/PoE
{Skygazer} scum/PoE

This Exilon!Gimm1ck interaction is TvT. I've townread their tone since Day 1 (page 1-3), and it hasn't changed since. I don't believe Exilon is wolfing, and Gimm1ck is genuine with his reactions. I'm not sure on how to solve their tunneling, over than suggest that town does not always come across as town.

Froce is town, and I won't bother to elaborate unless someone disagrees and wants his lynch today.

N_M isn't pinging scum. (Yes, contradicting reads :igmeou: ) he's null/troll and is better off being mech-cleared or saved for D3.

I townread Baezu on Day 1, but I retract that statement after rereading her ISO. Her posts have been bland, passive and unengaging, classic sign of scum feigning activity and flying under the radar.

I'll restate why Skygazer is scum in a bit.
Disagree on two points, and find this post slightly scummy.
Why do you assume Exilon is wolfing? To me, at least, he found something scummy and is going after it. How is that open wolfing? Logs please.

Same thing with Baezu. They have been active and posting reads. They are a townread of mine. Tell us where Baezu is passive/unengaging.

Meant to elaborate on this;
I find the first statement slightly scummier than the second, because you assume actively pressuring a townread of yours is synonymous with open wolfing. This seems like a fair and square pocket to me.

Plus, why do you Townread me/Exilon? It’s as important to provide logs of Townreads and scumreads alike.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Froce »

Holy crap I just realized I'm on L-1

Bazeu take your vote off me. You should also explain more as Exilon said because all you did is say such and such is towny/scummy for no reason. You put 3 people in your scum pool: me, and 2 other players who are voting me. You need to revise because your vote looks pretty bad.

As far as the people who aren't voting me: Pvt, Gimmick and Exilon, so I don't think I'm in danger of getting suddenly hammered thankfully. Still, I need one of the people on me to unvote if you don't have a hard read and are just soft-voting. I'm hoping N_M and Baezu would unvote.

I mean I have 3 votes on me, so I feel like I should respond to criticism? But there isn't any. None that I haven't covered.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by Froce »

Besides Baezu's vote nothing much else happened. I'm hoping at least for some responses from the people voting me and not just carry this to deadline.

To agree with Pvt, I'm definitely leaning towards Gimm and Ex being both town. In that case, perhaps the 4 of us (if nobody has anything to say about Pvt) should be a townblock and carry this day. Let's brainstorm and read the remaining 3.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Baezu »

UNVOTE:

Sorry, froce, did not realize you were at L-1...that certainly wasn’t my intention

I’ve been kind of out of it today, a woman that I’d known most of my life got killed at that shooting today...

I want to keep playing since I need the distraction but I think my brain is only half screwed on atm
Show

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 383, Gimm1ck wrote: Disagree on two points, and find this post slightly scummy.
In post 351, PvtUrist wrote:I don't believe Exilon is wolfing
^as in Exilon
isn't
wolfing.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 383, Gimm1ck wrote: Same thing with Baezu. They have been active and posting reads. They are a townread of mine. Tell us where Baezu is passive/unengaging.
In post 351, PvtUrist wrote: I townread Baezu on Day 1, but I retract that statement after rereading her ISO. Her posts have been bland, passive and unengaging, classic sign of scum feigning activity and flying under the radar.
#351 is accurate.

Here's examples of Baezu's passive unengagements;
In post 146, Baezu wrote:
In post 36, Voted wrote:I suspect you of being scum, Exilon. Do you know why?
Exilon is town, move on
In post 147, Baezu wrote:
In post 54, Moomn wrote:Hello friends. Down with the other faction, i say!

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
Why so vague?
In post 148, Baezu wrote:

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
In post 63, PvtUrist wrote:I claim loved mayor with 2 votes
Not helping town
These posts all pings of scum feigning activity while not actually contributing to solving the game
In post 149, Baezu wrote:
In post 62, PvtUrist wrote:ok

Why are you voting froce?
This post was directed by my RVS vote. Again, not a genuine post that helps solve the game. Moreso, assuming Urist!Froce is TvT.
In post 152, Baezu wrote:I’m FoSing moomn, but waiting for his response
Another example.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

To clarify, the scumread on Baezu isn't by her activity, but moreso the motivations behind them. Yes, she's active and posts her reads, but that and politeness isn't completely town-indicative. If you look into her ISO, there's plenty of contradicting sayings of her reads. Here's her current readlist from what I can interpret so far;

{Urist} Town #373
{Gimm} Town/Mixed #370
{Exilon} Mixed #367
{N_M} Null/PoE #371
{Froce, Skygazer} Scum #369 #354 #376

From her list, only Froce and Yours Truly didn't receive contradicting reads. This is a bit too much fence-sitting for something I feel to be within town-range, and coupled with her passiveness & PoE, is why I believe her to be scum.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Scum are actually more likely to be consistent for appearances.

Baezu, I'm so sorry... I don't think I could begin to understand what you must be going through.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Froce »

I'm awfully sorry for your loss baezu.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Exilon »

Skygazer, while I don't disagree with you... wouldn't scum by nature be more easily caught being incosistent, due to the fact that, you know, their reads are mostly fake?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Exilon »

@baezu: I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it is like :/
In post 380, Baezu wrote:On regards to your posts specifically or another players posts specifically or in general which posts I find scummy?
Just generally, if you had to point your strongest scumreads from what you posted, what stands out the most, and why?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Exilon »

@Gimm: I am slightly satisfied with your answer. Taking into account the most recent developments and revelations, I'm sure you've changed some of your views on things. What're your scumreads atm besides NM?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 389, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 383, Gimm1ck wrote: Same thing with Baezu. They have been active and posting reads. They are a townread of mine. Tell us where Baezu is passive/unengaging.
In post 351, PvtUrist wrote: I townread Baezu on Day 1, but I retract that statement after rereading her ISO. Her posts have been bland, passive and unengaging, classic sign of scum feigning activity and flying under the radar.
#351 is accurate.

Here's examples of Baezu's passive unengagements;
In post 146, Baezu wrote:
In post 36, Voted wrote:I suspect you of being scum, Exilon. Do you know why?
Exilon is town, move on
In post 147, Baezu wrote:

Why so vague?
In post 148, Baezu wrote:

In post 63, PvtUrist wrote:I claim loved mayor with 2 votes
Not helping town
These posts all pings of scum feigning activity while not actually contributing to solving the game
In post 149, Baezu wrote:
In post 62, PvtUrist wrote:ok

Why are you voting froce?
This post was directed by my RVS vote. Again, not a genuine post that helps solve the game. Moreso, assuming Urist!Froce is TvT.
In post 152, Baezu wrote:I’m FoSing moomn, but waiting for his response
Another example.
I absolutely agree with you- that’s how I tend to be D1, especially in the early stages. I have a few recent completed games that you can check out for comparison (the link to my wiki is in my signature)

Now that the game has some content I can actually respond to things...anything in particular you’d like my opinion on?
Show

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

was waiting to say something because their goin through a rough time but baezus unvote seems lamist or somethin in line with that
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

Me too, I hope you feel better Baezu
But could you explain why you said you sred Froce, but yet unlynched him when he posted something along the lines of ‘unlynch me I’m on L-1”? If you truly sred him, you would be okay with that.

Townread PVT for spectacular and townie analysis.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Lycanfire »

-

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”