Newbie 1990 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 am

Post by rg »

Hi everyone hru
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:45 am

Post by rg »

What's the vote on
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 am

Post by rg »

In post 8, rg wrote:What's the vote on
what are we voting on
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:07 am

Post by rg »

like who's the mafia and all that?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 am

Post by rg »

welp. I wish you all a good game.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by rg »

In post 18, Weiss Schnee wrote:VOTE: rg
as an SE it is my sworn duty to make sure you do not leave newbie queue until you have added an avatar to your account!
I'll make sure to do so
In post 17, JacksonVirgo wrote:rg since it's the start of the game and we haven't made interactions and have no info we are in what's called RVS or Random Vote Stage where we practically randomly vote and latch onto something to lead a proper discussion or similar
okay...
In post 21, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 13, rg wrote:like who's the mafia and all that?
Basically, yes
ok thx
[JacksonVirgo][/vote]
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by rg »

ummm how do the votes work again?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by rg »

Okay got it
VOTE:
Vote: JacksonVirgo
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by rg »

I messed it up :igmeou:
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by rg »

UNVOTE:
UNVOTE: Vote: JacksonVirgo

VOTE:
VOTE: JacksonVirgo
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by rg »

WHATEVER
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by rg »

In post 18, Weiss Schnee wrote:VOTE: rg

as an SE it is my sworn duty to make sure you do not leave newbie queue until you have added an avatar to your account!
I can't find a picture within the allowed dimensions
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by rg »

In post 35, Weiss Schnee wrote:What image do you want? It's easy to resize using generic paint

In Paint you open the image, go to Resize, and then select the pixels in the range that's acceptable
Did that. Can't save the resized version
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by rg »

How about that.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by rg »

In post 42, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 39, rg wrote:How about that.
It's very red! Is that a call of duty soda icon?
Reach for Juggernog tonight!
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by rg »

First game for me... I hope the game is gonna be fun
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by rg »

In post 50, Weiss Schnee wrote:Yee
Why you voting jv btw? Want to join me on natsu or do you see something scummy in jv's posts?
He straight away went towards the direction of "Good luck unless you're mafia" (post #16: "...good luck unless you're Mafia then I hope you lose") and it seems to me that he's trying to falsely blame others because he's trying to hide something. Moreover, he did it very quickly so it seems to me that the hat burns on the thief's head. Just me tho, idk.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by rg »

dude look at post 16
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by rg »

What does this mean?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by rg »

In post 61, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 59, rg wrote:What does this mean?
It means you seem to be genuinely trying to find scum and not faking it to look townie
oh thx
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by rg »

That's a fantastic strategy
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by rg »

idk, I don't think Maple is quite suspicious. Can you explain why you think he's suspicious?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by rg »

hey, 'sup
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 am

Post by rg »

Are the "Townie" and "Goon" tags under people's name a rank of how long they've been in the site or smthg?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44 am

Post by rg »

What happens if there's a draw
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by rg »

In post 83, team rocket queen wrote:dumb tells are lean mafia if anything so jackson reading rg town for them and for rg's push onto jackson seems off. especially since town reading someone who pushes on you is common early game behaviour for mafia.

the info gained from meta analysis seems to be extremely limited. jackson seems a lot more active early in this game than other recently completed games of theirs in which they were town, but that's possibly because they were recently mislynched in a fairly exciting final 3 by the worst when they thought they had been towny throughout, and part of the reasoning for that was limited activity. (also the worst seemed to have it solved but then gave way to much weight to discussions between the two living parties when he knew one of them was mafia). non seems to post very little regardless of alignment, and weiss schnee's most recent completed games are hard for me to read since she was a replacement (and one of them is like 375 pages long and had 21, multiple replacements, and i can't make much sense of it)

anyway,

VOTE: jackson
seems like you're trying to get into the specifics and psychology of the game. I am doing the same. Let me explain my actions.
I didn't know that pushing hard towards immediately finding a suspect would be suspicious because it's my first game so I allowed myself to be quick in that topic, regardless of if I'm part of the townies or the mafia. Also, if both Jackson and I were mafia I wouldn't rat him out early in the 1st day. That would be bad strategy all throughout. I legitimately found him suspicious because of what I said earlier and he legitimately got the impression that I'm trying to find a suspect and looking hard for clues.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by rg »

In post 115, Weiss Schnee wrote:do you think that as scum he faked not knowing that votes were for lynches

I am kinda curious how he found the site actually given people usually play mafia irl first before coming to a site like this

@rg how did you happen to find mafiascum?
A friend on Teamspeak recommended it
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by rg »

In post 97, Rectiplanes wrote:OK. Everyone seems a bit more serious, which is good, because I think there's enough to get serious on. Let's start off by taking the boot off of Canada:

UNVOTE: OldMapleNostalgia

I will give my current readlist:

(TOWN-ISH) - TeamRocketQueen, Non-Imh, OldMapleNostalgia, Natsu, JacksonVirgo
(SCUM-ISH) - RG, RoboApocalypze, Weiss Schnee.

Let's begin with the last three, as I think town would most productively want me to address these.

RoboApocalypze

Three lazy posts, a self-vote, and then
nothing
. There is quite literally zero interaction with town. Super lazy. Maybe too transparently lazy for actual scum, I dunno, but if I don't suspect someone after that, what the hell am I doing here?

RG

You have been acting very clumsy and noobish in-thread, as if you don't understand a thing about the game. However, there are two things that make me suspect this is a sham. First, you must have been practically camping the game start, because I had been checking here and there in spare minutes at work ever since I confirmed receiving the role PM. I got in the thread pretty quickly - sixteen minutes after Karnage opened the game - and you beat me here. That speaks to a considerable interest in the game... but you basically blunder around like you've never seen one of these games before, which is hard to reconcile with that level of interest. I read through other games for a while before signing up, and I knew to have an avatar, basics of gameplay, etc. from just doing that. In addition, you're gamer enough to not only know what "Juggernog" is - I had to google it - but also to choose it as your emblem. I would expect such a person to be better prepared in the thread than you appear to be.

But perhaps you
are
better prepared - you have adopted a persona which will excuse any scum-convenient oopsies you might make. This is what I wonder. So I wonder, and I am suspicious.

WeissSchnee

Your votes flit from person to person. When you changed your vote to Natsu, and JacksonVirgo asked you about it in #47, they asked if it was an RVS vote or not. You replied:
Most everyone else seems townier at the moment but yeah basically
The first half of that sentence nukes the second. If you have a reason, then it's not RVS and you should announce it as such, so we know things are actually getting serious now. When you moved off Natsu, you said you were moving on to your next null... why nulls? Why not pressure people you think are scum? Do you think no one is scum at this point, worthy of real pressure?

Then there's your recent interaction with RocketQueen. You draw attention to the fact that RQ is attempting some sort of meta read on JacksonVirgo and definitely claiming she's read up on your games, and your first move on an apparently well-informed newbie is to... question if they're really a newbie? This struck me as weird when I first read it, and still does, considering how generally helpful you've been putting on the noob-herding teacher hat from time to time in this thread. I don't know exactly what I
would
expect you to post in response to that, but that just feels off entirely!

VOTE: WeissSchnee
Okay this is a really good hypothesis. I wouldn't dream to think of that. I admire your line of thinking. I'd like to explain myself.
1. I was there extremely early because the site is always opened on my pc ever since I requested to get into a forum. I was excited to get into the game because it was unique to me, regardless of my role.
2. I am a gamer, but I've never played a game remotely resembling this. If I did, I would know that even if I got hastey in the first irl day it would seem suspicious which would be bad if I were on either side.
3. Basically, attempting to put on a slagish persona would not be benefitial for me. If I were to put on a persona, I would slip up and say something that I really shouldn't and that would come to reveal my role, which would be awful if I were mafia and also, how does seeming like a noob excuse me from mistakes?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by rg »

In post 101, Natsu wrote: As soon as I saw the juggernog I was hard-reading them as town doctor.
Because Richtofen is zhe doctor? :p
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by rg »

okay. I was acting laid back because it's in my nature to TALK that way. However, when I'm fired up on smthg I am quick in doing it because patience isn't my strong side.
Also, I would like to add that this is why I was excited to. Reading Rectiplane's hypothesis of me from every strategical and psychological standpoint got me hyped again because that's why I joined the game. I wanted to see people's line of thinking and slowly get better at this by learning people's code of behaviour. If more of this are to come I'm hyped.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by rg »

This game is getting exciting, everyone is getting fired up to find the mafia and I'm liking it
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by rg »

TRQ
it seems quite suspicious that you took such a long time to get here. It seems like you attempted to not get talkative because you didn't want to get called out. However, seeing as the game is supposed to be slow paste, I can see why you did that.
Rectiplane
I like your attempts to find the right guy in the game. Good psychological thinking, putting your good strategizing to work by comparing and contrasting with others... It seems like you're legit trying to find the mafia.
JV
You're trying to stand up for me and I appreciate it but I can clearly see that you're trying to do it in order for the wrong person to not be eliminated.
Maple
Others seem to think that you're mafia. I don't see it. I didn't see enough of you to find you suspicious. I would like the others to explain their reasoning
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by rg »

Okay may I please get a quick summary of Rectiplane's case against everyone including me?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by rg »

Please rephrase. I don't understand your reasoning
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by rg »

1. When are the updates on the vote coming?
2. That may read that way because I tried to speak without repeating myself with the vocabulary. Let me explain like an idiot: rg thinks jv is suspicious. jv says he thinks that rg is a townie. rg believes him. both not mafia because what they did wouldn't benefit them if they were mafia. how is that related to knowing each other's alignment idk.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:43 am

Post by rg »

Natsu, I advise you to check all of our past messages and decide on your own. Don't listen to him single handedly. Examine everyone and point out whoever you find suspicious
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 am

Post by rg »

In post 155, team rocket queen wrote: not mafia together does not equal not mafia. i think you're incorrectly town reading each other, which would mean one of you is mafia and therefore knows the other's alignment and one of you is wrong.
We didn't both townread each other. I voted against him.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:41 am

Post by rg »

I believe he believes that I'm town. He seemed genuine and he didn't try to go after me. I don't believe he is town though. Might be a rookie mistake by me but who knows. I'm not risking much, as he's close to being lynched anyhow.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by rg »

In post 191, Rectiplanes wrote:Actually, I do have a kind of odd question.
RG, are you a fan of logic puzzles?
eh. depends on my mood
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by rg »

In post 193, Rectiplanes wrote:Team Rocket Queen, Natsu, Non-Imh, and... RG, can I have your town/scumread lists? You don't need a big defense/argument, I'm just curious at this point.
I will give you one later tody (6:40 am right now for me)
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by rg »

In post 211, JacksonVirgo wrote:Fancy Play Syndrome
and Frames Per Second and First Person Shooter
this one has a lot of meanings
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by rg »

In post 229, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 203, Rectiplanes wrote:I note that Cool Joe RG, who has stopped acting like a fool, has not seen any reason to move his opening vote, possibly for good reason. Maple's is parked on you, too. I suspect RocketQueen is amenable to a JV wagon.
this is good. i am amenable to a jv wagon.

VOTE: jacksonvirgo

L-1
thanks, mate
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by rg »

In post 246, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 32, rg wrote:UNVOTE:
UNVOTE: Vote: JacksonVirgo

VOTE:
VOTE: JacksonVirgo
rg have your reads evolved at all since RVS? What's your current reasoning on JV scum?
As I told rectiplanes, I'll tell you later on
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by rg »

Wait are you the replacement?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:51 am

Post by rg »

Rectiplanes, I know that I promised you an analysis today but there might be a chance it won't happen. I'm a bit busy at the moment.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:25 am

Post by rg »

JV, I suggest you need to try and get some of these votes off your back.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 am

Post by rg »

I made a vote in the RVS and didn't change it since. Looking back, I think my vote wasn't really fair. I'll keep my eye on you but I'll vote on someone else now.
UNVOTE: JV
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:34 am

Post by rg »

noone in particular but i'll keep an eye open. anyone making the slightest of mistakes will be noted and until tomorrow I'll make my decision
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:10 am

Post by rg »

:(
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by rg »

In post 320, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 319, Rectiplanes wrote:Weiss hadn't counted and was reacting partly to Maple's aggro and partly to the high pressure. It's consistent with the night before, when Weiss's posts from through have the same harried/reactive quality. I mean, from your fake L-1 at 12:40am (post #) until about 1:25 am (post #) was kind of frenzied - 62 posts in 45 minutes! - so I find it easier to read Weiss as reacting genuinely here. It's pretty consistent to the previous night under much more punishing pace and pressure.

So I figured she didn't count.

Did you count or not, Weiss?
so you are reading it as town defending a townread? that seems much more likely to me today than it did at the time.

both rg's and natsu's unvotes feel off to me.
In post 32, rg wrote:UNVOTE: UNVOTE: Vote: JacksonVirgo
VOTE: VOTE: JacksonVirgo
for those of you not reading rg's early posts as dumbtells, how does this happen accidentally?
I did "VOTE: VOTE: JV"
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by rg »

UNVOTE: JV
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by rg »

In post 320, team rocket queen wrote: both rg's and natsu's unvotes feel off to me.
I unvoted because it was an RVS and I went off of basic instinct. Later in the game JV didn't seem suspicious at all upon rethinking so I unvoted.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by rg »

In it seems like you're reaching. Really reaching. I find that kinda suspicious and I'll keep that in the back of my mind temporerally.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:17 am

Post by rg »

Okay... 72 seems extremely genuine in their approach and I town read them. 100%. However, trq DID seem suspicious lately...
I'll vote TRQ until I find evidence that she is town. Hope you convince me you're, trq. Having you in the game is fun.
VOTE: teamrocketqueen
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by rg »

when's the vote count coming? also, may someone please sum up everything since page 19?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:28 am

Post by rg »

Why's everyone voting 72? May I get a summary?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #56) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:49 am

Post by rg »

After reading everyone's cases against 72, I think I'll move votes
UNVOTE: TRQ
VOTE: 72
Sorry mate
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #57) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by rg »

In post 731, Natsu wrote:
In post 729, rg wrote:After reading everyone's cases against 72, I think I'll move votes
Sorry mate
Why were you still voting TRQ in the first place?
I found 1 or 2 contridictions in her posts which weren't very important but did make me suspect her. I changed my mind after lurking for an irl day or 2 (sorry about that) and reading posts but in I stated that I found her posts a bit contradictive. Since that she's lower, much lower, on my scumlist.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #58) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by rg »

In post 737, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 729, rg wrote:After reading everyone's cases against 72, I think I'll move votes
Sorry mate
Why are you apologising?
Which posts specifically do you agree with?
Rectiplane found a lot of contradictions in the posts he linked in the last page and Natsu's were shorter. Both of them made me question you so I argue they both did a good job.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #59) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by rg »

In post 748, Weiss Schnee wrote:What convinced you to dislike 72 over your sense of 'extreme genuineness' earlier?
Basically what Recti wrote. He summed up a lot of contradictions at once and in a way that made me question if I really trust him. I said that he was genuine, but contradictions in posts are ingenuine, and Recti did a good job at writing all of them.
Honorable mention to Natsu who has a more contrived yet still good summary of everything.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #60) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by rg »

Oops, English isn't my 1st language so I might be inaccurate (1st language is Hebrew). I meant to say that it was shorter but still did it's job.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:21 am

Post by rg »

In post 802, 72offsuit wrote:@ rg: who else do you think might be scum?
Non Imh is a bit suspicious and the callouts do bring up good points.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (isolation #62) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by rg »

In post 845, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also where is rg
*lands from long fall*
Hello there
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by rg »

In post 866, Rectiplanes wrote:I work in healthcare IRL. I figure I'm pretty much guaranteed to get it.

I'm seriously thinking about basically living in my camping gear on my porch or something so that, when the inevitable happens, I won't infect everyone else in the house.
Hope you don't get it
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by rg »

My country is full of cases and my town had the 1st one
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 am

Post by rg »

72 will definitely not survive the day. Was good playing with you!
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by rg »

In post 910, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 902, rg wrote:72 will definitely not survive the day. Was good playing with you!
This post is ??
I'm just commenting on the fact that he has a lot of lynch votes.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by rg »

In post 914, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 912, Weiss Schnee wrote:Yeah rg slot has gotten kinda weird
Oh hey, it felt like talking to a wall before. And yeah they really have, so my town-read for them has dropped to a null+
wdym?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #68) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:30 am

Post by rg »

Hey everyone. Sorry for not logging on today, I got Doom Eternal before release date and I'm completing the campaign
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (isolation #69) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by rg »

In post 1098, GeorgeBailey wrote:RG why are you voting 72 right now?
some people wrote some essays about why he's suspicious (notably recti) and I agreed with everything they said. I will link if you want.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (isolation #70) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by rg »

In post 1099, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1097, rg wrote:Hey everyone. Sorry for not logging on today, I got Doom Eternal before release date and I'm completing the campaign
thankyou for your vote here's your townread until tomorrow enjoy the campaign
thank you very much, I'm around the halfway point of the campaign (I think) and it's 2 am so I'll go to sleep. see you tomorrow
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by rg »

In post 1105, Rectiplanes wrote:This game has as many pages as some entire games and we're not done with Day 1.

OK. Let's see about this, one person at a time:

72, lynching those two slots has been my Day 2 preference for a while. In the hypothetical case you do flip town, do you have a preference? (This feels weirdly macabre to ask, honestly).
because there have been so many replacements. we needed to find a suspect every time someone got replaced.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (isolation #72) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 am

Post by rg »

okay I'm here. I want to say a few things:
1. R.I.P JV
2. what does PR stand for?
3. seems like I'm up on the cross rn. let's say that, hypothetically, I was mafia and maple and jorm told me what to do and all that. That would mean that the other posts I've sent should matter less then my posts on day 2 because of your successful lynch. I would suggest, from a strategic standpoint, to keep an eye on my posts here because if I was being told what to do and how to act in day one then when I'm alone my posts can lead to fuckups that couldn't have come from partners.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #73) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am

Post by rg »

oh, since when is that known?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

Post by rg »

Again, from a strategic stand, that would be absolutely dumb. A person who has a power role and outright states it would risk being eliminated. Perhaps the mafia has some ulterior motive to their kill or they're an idiot for not eliminating trq here.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 am

Post by rg »

I still don't understand what L-1 or L-2 means
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 am

Post by rg »

Also, if there's one PR revealed and the other PR speaks up the mafia will know every role and then you can't know who eliminated who unless the mafia fucks up majorly.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (isolation #77) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 am

Post by rg »

I'm sorry but have you even thought about the possible consequences of revealing both PRs? I request an explanation as to why, if I was a PR and would reveal it, the mafia wouldn't eliminate either me or TRQ.
From my point of view, keeping one a secret gives town, at the least, one more day to reveal the mafia before both your PRs are gone and your chances are down significantly.
Also, I'm not shutting up I'm just choosing my words.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (isolation #78) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:20 am

Post by rg »

and convinced me. I guess I haven't been nearly as active as I should've through late day 1 because of Doom Eternal but I was out of the loop for like 20% of the day. Probably haven't been observant enough to posts that should've made me flip votes but that's it.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (isolation #79) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 am

Post by rg »

In post 1378, team rocket queen wrote:rg, why do you think everyone didn't lynch me when they wanted to?
what does it matter if the PR is lynched when they're eliminated by the mafia? also, if a PR is clearly revealed and is eliminated by the mafia, no motive can be found and noone can be easily blamed.
I think maple quit because he was under turmoil (correct me if that isn't the correct way to say that) and everyone thought he was mafia. Upon reflection, he really was and him quitting is probably him doing a shit job at not being suspicious and saying "fuck this, I'm better off outta here"
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (isolation #80) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 am

Post by rg »

In post 1381, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 1379, rg wrote:603 and 604 convinced me. I guess I haven't been nearly as active as I should've through late day 1 because of Doom Eternal but I was out of the loop for like 20% of the day. Probably haven't been observant enough to posts that should've made me flip votes but that's it.
What about those posts convinced you?
the points made sense and I thought "wow this makes sense, he's probably the mafia". also, if there's so much to uncover with someone's behaviour then he's probably worth being suspicious of. I think higher activity levels in day 2 will let me form an opinion of my own and finally reach a decision.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #81) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 am

Post by rg »

also, this reminds me, where in the bloody hell is 72? is he even aware that this game isn't over?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (isolation #82) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:37 am

Post by rg »

In post 1385, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1382, rg wrote:what does it matter if the PR is lynched...
because it allows us as town, to not lynch the pr and instead lynch mafia, as we did. and then we still get to use the ability! and have one less mafia!
but here's one thing you missed: what if the guy you lynched just might be a town vanilla? then, one PR is gone and the mafia's identity isn't confirmed by the nightkill. Thus, the search goes on and if the mafia is good at their jobs they just might kill the other PR. That could lead to a mafia win.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (isolation #83) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:37 am

Post by rg »

In post 1393, team rocket queen wrote:why has it started double posting sometimes?
was just about to ask you. weird.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (isolation #84) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

Post by rg »

I think the pressure you're trying to put on me is a bit too much. By that I mean that you're focusing on me a bit too hard and if I'm not the mafia nor the PR the real ones might be laying under the surface and escaping callouts.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (isolation #85) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:13 am

Post by rg »

In post 1413, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 1411, rg wrote:I think the pressure you're trying to put on me is a bit too much. By that I mean that you're focusing on me a bit too hard and if I'm not the mafia nor the PR the real ones might be laying under the surface and escaping callouts.
Alright, so who do you think could be scum right now?
I'll come back to you with that one. gtg
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #86) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by rg »

In post 1437, GeorgeBailey wrote:But the same can be said about rg's absence.
Absence? Dude, it was 12 in the middle of the night, let a guy sleep
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1444 (isolation #87) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by rg »

What George and Recti said definitely made me think about 72 and I think that is extremely suspicious
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (isolation #88) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by rg »

As to what I said earlier, VOTE: 72offsuit
In post 1445, GeorgeBailey wrote:rg we really need a role claim man, literally all of Town is asking. If you're a PR you really need to tell us now.
Fuck it. I am a PR. I put up all of that fight because I don't want to get killed off by the mafia. I guess I can see now that I'm safe and even if I'm not, it's to the betterment of the town.
In post 1446, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 1443, rg wrote:Absence? Dude, it was 12 in the middle of the night, let a guy sleep
That's not what I meant. You never really interacted with the Jorm wagon.
That was my mistake, I was playing Doom Eternal and just grinding to finish that campaign so I didn't get on.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (isolation #89) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by rg »

Okay, I lied. I'm not a PR. I wish to explain my lies.
I fought a long fight to delay this to squeeze everything from you guys. When I got to that point, only then did I realize that I reached the point where if I said that I was a vanilla it would be extremely suspicious, because why would I fight so hard to not reveal my role if I'm not a PR? That was the only way to get out of that rabbit hole. Congrats for swerving me, but I'm no mafia. I'm a townie who was forced to lie because of his stupidity.
btw you just outright stated your role. isn't that against the rules?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (isolation #90) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by rg »

wow nice poem. how long did it take you, a full day since day 2 started?
seriously where tf have you been.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (isolation #91) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by rg »

Okay, fair enough. Just please give me a chance to prove my innocence. As I already said, I'm town but I lied because I didn't know how to get out of the argument that we got into without seeming even more suspicious. I was stuck in a corner and had to choose an option between 2 that would both be my downfall eventually. I just had to take the one where I had more chance to succeed. This choice wasn't made to cover up me being mafia, because I'm not, but to try to helplessly cover up my dumb attempt to gain more knowledge on how business is now (since Doom Eternal got me out of the loop).
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (isolation #92) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by rg »

What can I say? I'm too busy digging myself out of the grave to dig others into theirs
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (isolation #93) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by rg »

As you and Recti said earlier, 72 wasn't active and pushed it to the edge. It was suspicious. When he finally logged on, it was just for 1 vague message and to vote towards my lynch and he disappeared. I asked him why he didn't log in and he didn't answer. I voted him already because I think he's trying to:
1. Eliminate his competition, as I voted against him in the last day and the current day.
2. Be as quiet as possible as to not slip up and make it clear that he's mafia.
3. Direct the flame towards someone else (me) in hopes that that certain someone makes a mistake (which I foolishly did).
Recti, you and TRQ are clearly town and on the rest I might have to keep an eye open because I didn't see a good reason to doubt or to trust.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (isolation #94) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:33 am

Post by rg »

That was a reaaaally fast day 2
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (isolation #95) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 am

Post by rg »

wait just a minute... I wasn't supposed to be lynched! George unvoted me! I think I might have been screwed
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (isolation #96) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:38 am

Post by rg »

welp. gg. anything I could've improved in my strategy?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (isolation #97) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 am

Post by rg »

This is humiliating... a lolhammer from a guy who only sent 3 messages on the entirety of day 2
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (isolation #98) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 am

Post by rg »

and that's how I go out
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (isolation #99) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 am

Post by rg »

btw George your swerve with the jailkeeper shit really caught me off guard and I barely could scrape together an alibi for that. incredible move, advise you to do that again if you have the chance.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (isolation #100) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:35 am

Post by rg »

In post 1482, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 1472, rg wrote:welp. gg. anything I could've improved in my strategy?
I think you had to claim vt because we had 3 mislynches? But you might have been in near autoloss anyway
vt meaning?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (isolation #101) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:07 am

Post by rg »

I felt like I was dodging bullets in day 2, I was so goddamn close to not losing. After I dodged George's extraordinary swerve with what I think is the best alibi I've ever made up, I think I got a little less suspicious and would've slowly fallen off the. If 72 didn't lolhammer me I think I would've survived a couple of irl days further before lies would catch up.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (isolation #102) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:41 am

Post by rg »

Hey JV, sorry for killing you off
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (isolation #103) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by rg »

In post 1504, Rectiplanes wrote:I'm actually curious as to what Jorg's unfollowed instructions to RG were.
We didn't communicate. Not one fucking message. I think that's why we lost, we were uncoordinated.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (isolation #104) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by rg »

wait what? how come I didn't see that? just a sec
rg
rg
Goon