Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8675 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 8664, Auro wrote:And then Gobbles kills Alch, instead of acting like he's cured today and Alch confirming having targeted him?
Yeah, pretty much. I think Mafia has a pretty strong incentive to want to kill a curing role, since if left alone that would just undo everything they've done so far. Bussing gobbles seems like a fair trade for a more consistent ability to infect, especially since he was about to be lynched anyway.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8676 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 8672, Nero Cain wrote:so a preliminary solve might be fire/clidd/oka/hotac/gobble/maxwell

@ ppl thoughts?
There's three group scum, not two. Solve seems plausible though, I'm content to just go down that list.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8677 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 8676, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 8672, Nero Cain wrote:so a preliminary solve might be fire/clidd/oka/hotac/gobble/maxwell

@ ppl thoughts?
There's three group scum, not two. Solve seems plausible though, I'm content to just go down that list.
I mean, barring any major developments that is.

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8678 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Dave reads to me like Alch cured him, because reasons :shifty:
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8679 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 6 VC #12

Hoctac (1): LicketyQuickety ()

Aristophanes (2): pisskop (), Firebringer ()

LicketyQuickety (1): OkaPoka ()

maxwell (0):

gobbledygook (4) (L-3): Hoctac (), Aristophanes (), Radical Rat (), gobbledygook ()

OkaPoka: Auro ()

Firebringer (0):

pisskop (0):

Not Voting (4): davesaz, Nero Cain, clidd, maxwell ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on June 27, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-06-27 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2:
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3: I'm still modding this game on mobile as I can't get my computer to connect to the site.
4: Seeking a replacement for clidd.
5: There are currently no plans to extend the deadline.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8680 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8672, Nero Cain wrote:
former infected

pisskop
davesaz
maxwell?

currently infected or lying about it

clidd
gobbledygook
maxwell?

players that I think are infected

Hoctac
OkaPoka

n1-piss
n3-gobble?
n4-dave
n4-clidd/oka?
n5-hoctac

ofc I'm making some assumptions here. Any way you slice it though, I think there are to many players claiming infected to actually be infected therefore someone is lying somewhere.

Clidd and/or maxwell are prob groupscum. If they are both scum or the 2 group scum are some combination of fake claiming infection then maybe there's only a single scum between

2. Auro
6. Aristophanes
7. LicketyQuickety
8. Radical Rat
20. Firebringer

and I kinda lean FB

so a preliminary solve might be fire/clidd/oka/hotac/gobble/maxwell

@ ppl thoughts?
Goodposting. You are prolly towb and I'm sorry for my previous waffles on this read.

Also I am pretty much with you on youelr infected srances, with the slight exception of Maxwell/FL slot, who I think is still just town. But there is a lot more ground to cover before we get there! XD
In post 8673, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: aristophanes
badposting.

These random, 1-off votes on me are weird and I do not understand them at all.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8681 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by pisskop »

t
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8682 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

F?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8683 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Auro »

I don't buy Oka's claim that he turned into a neutral survivor.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8684 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Auro »

If Oka was infected, I doubt he'd have a burst in activity to try and push for a Maxwell lynch when that claim happened, as he'd be uninformed - if he genuinely believed it then max is a bad lynch from his PoV anyway
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8685 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

so your proposition is im group scum fucking around with a neutral survivor claim? i mean i hate to self meta but im a risk averse player when playing scum
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8686 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Actually
I don't even need to self-meta here lolz, why would scum in general decide to fuck around with a neutral survivor gambit when they are
winning
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8687 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: ari
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8688 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 8685, OkaPoka wrote:so your proposition is im group scum fucking around with a neutral survivor claim? i mean i hate to self meta but im a risk averse player when playing scum
Yes, that's your excuse for not playing I feel? :P Also this game is unique in that scum actually can and will just troll around and that's pro win-con.

Why Ari again, tl;dr?
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:21 am

Post by maxwell »

I've been trying to catch up but this game is massive and several of the players have posting styles that make it very hard to read so i've been forced to speed-skim isos which isn't really preferable but time is very limited so I'm trying to make the best of what I have. Really this game is frightfully hard to read, theres so many spammy/oneliner posters that are very difficult to read divorced from context.

Auro:
Spammy and very fillery, but I liked the analysis he produced in 3317, no reason for scum to attempt to defuse Tchill's mastina suspicion when no one was voting on the wagon, the way he questions people seems to have a general thrust of trying poke people to get a response from them that helps with solving the game. I wish there was more clarity on what his reads are though.

Hoctac:
Has been playing trollish since day 1 and it feels like a gimmick to guise alignment, especially don't like how the only times they seems to post seriously is when they're under pressure. A friend of mine told me long ago that when trolls start getting serious and contributing when pressured, it means they're scum because otherwise they'd just keep joyfully fucking around as then town lynches them and they gett to laugh when everyone rages at them for not trying. Justification for voting ETL in 982 is especially not good and the push/reversal on aristophanes in 2444 and 2449 is lame as fuck. Again the continued trolling just makes it seem like they're trying to ead them as infected but since they've been doing it since day 1 that read hardly seems valid.

Aristophanes:
ISO is massively fluffy and full of apologies for being absent from day 1. A majority of the posts have basically no content at all, a lot of pleasantries and setup speculation which of course is easy for scum to fake. Response to the ETL wagon looks solidly like white knighting, its something Ive done myself before as scum, defend the overemotional town voter because no one listens and it gets you town equity the next day. His response to pressure in 2461 is very apologetic/conciliatory which i tend to find comes from scum as there's a little bit of unconscious guilt there. His vote in 2559 for someone having "rubbed him the wrong way" is pretty poor justification and it seems notable that it's essentially a vanity vote when he was a major wagon, I think he wanted to avoid being seen as simply voting on a counterwagon to his own. Again responds to pressure in 2695 with WIFOM-y self meta. 2764 is total filler. 3078 is useless setup spec over game analysis. His attack on Jake in 3090 rings hypocritical for that reason, he attacks him for setup talk and theorizing when thats what he himself was engaging in and in fact initiated before Jake. In 3233 he says saudade is one of his preferred lynches, but this is literally the first time he's ever mentioned them so it feels very opportunistic given Saudade was one of the significaant wagons at the time (also notable that Quick, a player he mostly avoided having commentary on, was one of the others). Again in 3359 he does this weird dance with mastina where he's simultaneously conciliatory toward her while she's pushing him yet still claims to scumread her (3415) which doesn't make sense from a town perspective, I'd expect to push back more on her if he really did scumread her but it seemed like a strategy to avoid a direct confrontation which would make him look bad. The attempt to call for a NL in 3459 looks really bad/makes no sense from a town perspective without knowing what town power roles there are as this would presumably just give the infection a chance to spread?

A big thin for me is when he claims to be working on a "solve" in 3893 but then just never delivers and gives up in 3935 which is only a day later, it's really common for scum players to promise content as a means of stalling because people always want to give them a chance, then they have trouble faking it so they never deliver and make excuses instead. Vote on Quick in 4226 is really lame an claims to have had him as scum in his "solve" but his only justification in 4234 is a partner read with Tchill but without much independent reasoning for either being scum. Again he continues with a very weird approach to mastina in 4441 where he both simultaneously calls her scum while simultaneously trying to appeal to her. His whole approach toward jake was a sort of "nice guy" routine where again he tried to look supportive of the player that was the lynch target for the day, all looks like an attempt to gather towncred by once again appearing to be against a mislynch. I don't like how he just tosses out townreads with no context in 4515. Once again responds to pressure in 5137 with defensive posturing and apologetics. He takes a stance similar to the first 2 days with 5G in 5941, again with a very soft approach toward 5G who was that days mislynch wagon but then lets himself jump on just a few hours later ([urlhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11869954#p11869954]5965[/url] when it needed a hammer to get pushed through and I don't care for his justification in 6038 while also bragging about calling each days mislynch as town (this is what scum do when they want to be applauded for their voting record). 6555 is a really scummy looking vote. He again make a promise of more content in viewtopic.php?p=11882590#p11882590 saying "Once the game has thinned I'll be way more of a player" but still hasn't delivered in any way. 6762 is more self-defense which again he seems more concerned with than having actual reads. 7772 is a push on LQ which he has persistently been doing but its never really been justified, the only reasoning I saw from him is associations with Jake which were obviously wrong so its a complete mystery why the read continued to persist. 7785 is more excuses for not delivering content. Vote on cheeky in 7804 is really bad and never moves to gobble despite being adamant he slipped an calling him scum. By keeping his vote parked he enables the end of the day to get hammered. The emotional appeal in 8310. His posts today have seemed less unmotivated and more someone in cruise control, content they can drive the game home without saying much, him continuing to filler post looks like someone at ease with how things are going. Overall this ISO was by far the worst out of any slot and I had to restrain myself from just coming in and dropping a case right away becaue I wanted to at least survey the rest of the game

Quick/LicketyQuickety:
Really hard to read because his posts are so terse and his reads are mostly unjustified so it's incredibly hard to follow where any of them are coming from. The way they talk about Aristophanes also pings me in a bad way - 2021 reads like a soft defense of a teammate, also notable he went after Alchemist who was pushing Aristophanes at the time. Reads list in
is pretty shitty, none of it makes much sense. Response to pressure in 3786 doesn't look very good. Logic on voting okapoka in 3964 is also very poor. A big thing for me is that he claimed to strongly scumread Nahdia in 4051, maintained that read in 4149, but then came back in 4196 and called them town with the justification being "pressure on that slot (4202), but in between him scumreading them and townreading them they posted 0 times and no one else voted them. It just doesn't look like a believable read progression from a town player. The claim to read 3 players as scum teammates in 5427 due to a lack of "Non-associatives" is basically nonsense and I can't see where it's coming from, it looks like it was pulled out of his ass. He keeps doing this dance where he calls aristophanes scum like in 8159 but never pressures there and instead leaves his vote on Cheekytown so the lynch can happen. Then he calls out Aristophanes today in 8544 but then backs down, claiming he's started to town tell in 8558 seemingly based only on 8545 which doesn't seem to contain any sort of towntell at all? Just a wimpy self-defense of "I've been trying but no one gives me credit and I'm not influential, I'm not scum". His attack on me in 8642 was pretty much nonsensical, I think he just wanted to push my slot as scum and didn't bother reading what I'd actually wrote so he made a straight-up inaccurate claim about my stance on the gobbledygook wagon.

TrueSoulEnery/Radical Rat:
Clearly town from TSE iso, the way he reacted to pressure and claimed was town and Rat appears to at least be doing a decent job of trying to put the game together and figure things out.

Miss Lynch/Okapoka:
The way Miss Lynch pressured and attacked players looked like genuine scumhunting, even though their tunnel on ETL was pretty bad, over the years I've found it's town who tend to overreact and pressure emotional selfvoters while scum prefer to sit back and wash their hands. Also liked the fact that they bothered to call out Quick. The way okapoka started the game asking for infected to out/his claim now is highly plausible to me, he'd have to be setting up for the long con as scum but then why make the survivor claim? Provides much less town equity than simply claiming to be townsided. Overall approach looks like legitimate scumhunting.

Nero Cain:
Its hard for me to point to things here, however something just feels off and I'm having a hard time putting it into words. He's taking stances and appears to be trying to scumhunt but I'm not really seeing any towntells. The way he justified voting for cheeky while calling gobble out on a contradiction with "they're both scum" doesn't sit right with me. His theory about scum being inactive in 7902 cuts right against my own, town is losing this game and losing badly so I'd expect most town players who have been in this game to become demotivated. Defense of Hoctac as "infected" rubs me the wrong way since he's been here since the start and should have seen the way Hoctac was playing, but keeps trying to handwave him away despite stating in 8009 "I think we don't stress about scum flavor that much and just lynch".

Tchill13/Firebringer:
Was somewhat ambivalent on tchill's play because I didn't agree with a lot of his reads, but it did come across as someone legitimately trying to sort the game, can appreciate them looking at mastina for driving the ETL mislynch even if it ultimately ended up being an incorrect read. The way he talks in 5392 looks townish, I think as scum a less influential player avoids expressing suspicion of those they view as stronger players because they don't want to get pushed back on. The way Firebringer backed down from Nahdia in 6734 looks town when that was a post he easily could have kept pushing on. General apathy and lack of motivation from him now also fits with my theory about town being demoralized.

I haven't bothered reading in the plausible claims pile yet because there's just not enough time and I felt this was a better use of my time. It seems somewhat likely that there may be a hidden infected outside that group

Reads (T -> S):
Radical Rat, Firebringer, Okapoka(I guess? not sure how to slot a survivor claim in here), Auro, Nero Cain, Hoctac, LicketyQuickety, Aristophanes

VOTE: Aristophanes
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 am

Post by maxwell »

@pisskop, davesaz, Auro, Firebringer
- Would really like it if you could give me a list of your reads right now. If you're having trouble, at least do a top 3 town/top 3 scum. I need to get a sense of where people's heads are at.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 8689, maxwell wrote:
Quick/LicketyQuickety:
Really hard to read because his posts are so terse and his reads are mostly unjustified so it's incredibly hard to follow where any of them are coming from. The way they talk about Aristophanes also pings me in a bad way - 2021 reads like a soft defense of a teammate, also notable he went after Alchemist who was pushing Aristophanes at the time. Reads list in
is pretty shitty, none of it makes much sense. Response to pressure in 3786 doesn't look very good. Logic on voting okapoka in 3964 is also very poor. A big thing for me is that he claimed to strongly scumread Nahdia in 4051, maintained that read in 4149, but then came back in 4196 and called them town with the justification being "pressure on that slot (4202), but in between him scumreading them and townreading them they posted 0 times and no one else voted them. It just doesn't look like a believable read progression from a town player. The claim to read 3 players as scum teammates in 5427 due to a lack of "Non-associatives" is basically nonsense and I can't see where it's coming from, it looks like it was pulled out of his ass. He keeps doing this dance where he calls aristophanes scum like in 8159 but never pressures there and instead leaves his vote on Cheekytown so the lynch can happen. Then he calls out Aristophanes today in 8544 but then backs down, claiming he's started to town tell in 8558 seemingly based only on 8545 which doesn't seem to contain any sort of towntell at all? Just a wimpy self-defense of "I've been trying but no one gives me credit and I'm not influential, I'm not scum". His attack on me in 8642 was pretty much nonsensical, I think he just wanted to push my slot as scum and didn't bother reading what I'd actually wrote so he made a straight-up inaccurate claim about my stance on the gobbledygook wagon.

VOTE: Aristophanes
Excuse to push Ari!Town which is only possibly due to Oka recently pushing there. Subsequently, Ari has suddenly started Town telling. This is Scum trying to finish things off for this game. There were a LOT of places I pushed for an Ari lynch which never actually took.

VOTE: Maxwell
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Auro »

wow
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 8691, LicketyQuickety wrote:Excuse to push Ari!Town which is only possibly due to Oka recently pushing there. Subsequently, Ari has suddenly started Town telling. This is Scum trying to finish things off for this game. There were a LOT of places I pushed for an Ari lynch which never actually took.

It never took because you never had a meaningful argument, and it very much looks like you wanted it to be that way. What has he done that constitutes "town telling"? There's nothing there at all. Definitely looks like I struck a nerve.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:39 am

In post 8693, maxwell wrote:
In post 8691, LicketyQuickety wrote:Excuse to push Ari!Town which is only possibly due to Oka recently pushing there. Subsequently, Ari has suddenly started Town telling. This is Scum trying to finish things off for this game. There were a LOT of places I pushed for an Ari lynch which never actually took.

It never took because you never had a meaningful argument, and it very much looks like you wanted it to be that way. What has he done that constitutes "town telling"? There's nothing there at all. Definitely looks like I struck a nerve.
The persistence of my pressure on Ari all throughout the game shows your wrong. How accurate can you be on just a skim exactly?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:41 am

In post 4839, Quick wrote:
In post 4837, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4821, Quick wrote:
In post 4760, Quick wrote:Blair>
Auro
Nero
FL
, Rest
Auro>
TSE
Oka
Tchill
dave
FL
Nhadia
Ari
Nero
Blair
masitna
, Rest
Hoctac>
Voted
dave
TSE
Oka
FL
, Rest
5G Tower> ALL
Jake the Wolfie>
Ari
Oka
dave
Nero
Voted
, Rest
Aristophanes>
Jake
Auro
Gobble
Tchill
TSE
Voted
, Rest
TrueSoulEnergy>
Auro
dave
Gobbles
Hactoc
Ari
, Rest
Voted>
Hactoc
dave
Jake
Gobble
Ari
TSE
, Rest
Alchemist21>
Nero
Oka
Tchill
mastina
Voted
, Rest
Nahdia>
Nero
Auro
Oka
, Rest
Flavor Leaf>
Tchill
Auro
Hoctac
Blair
, Rest
gobbledygook>
mastina
dave
Nero
Tchill
Hoctac
Voted
Ari
, Rest
davesaz>
Tchill
Auro
Nero
Oka
Gobble
TSE
Voted
Hoctac
Jake
mastina
Auro
, Rest
mastina>
Gobble
Tchill
Nero
Auro
Oka
A50
dave

OkaPoka>
Jake
Auro
Nero
Tchill
dave
A50
TSE
Voted
Nhadia
mastina
, Rest
Nero Cain>
Nhadia
Tchill
Oka
Gobble
Auro
Jake
A50
TSE
dave
mastina
, Rest
Tchill13>
Auro
Nero
Oka
dave
Alch
FL
mastina
Hactoc
, Rest
pisskop>
Tchill
, Rest

Okay, you can lynch me now. This is my solve.
Quoting for emphasis...

Spoiler:
I ignored this post originally because I do not understand it...

Where is the solve here? XD
Counting is your fwen wit dis.
@Maxwell, I'd love for you to disprove my solve seen here.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Auro »

^ lol
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:48 am

Post by maxwell »

There was never any serious pressure, at most you went after him claiming Blair had softed a visit on him, but hardly anything that constitutes a real push, and your reasoning is mostly nonsensical. The only time there was serious pressure on him was in the early game, and you insisted he was town on day 2. Go ahead and try to show where you persistently pressured him - it isn't there. Don't dodge - where has he towntold?

p-edit: Are you serious? A list of colored names?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 am

In post 8697, maxwell wrote:p-edit: Are you serious? A list of colored names?
You're absolutely terrified, aren't you?

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:51 am

Post by maxwell »

No.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”