the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:25 am

Post by the worst »

In post 476, syugar wrote:If Tidus isn't scum, the worlds I think are viable at the moment are worst/goodmorning, worst/catboi, or one of worst/catboi/goodmorning being partnered with Lukewarm

Scum simply feels deeper this game, no good instincts

Things that are already obvious but I want written down:

catboi/gm not being partners is kind of obvious

TheWorst (Goldfish)/cat.jpeg can never be partners, just because of what cat.jpeg said about goldfish's scumgame today (but cat.jpeg is probably just town so this is less important)

Wouldn't go for Bella unless alive in final three, but if all of the options look weird that slot can go under some reexamination

What else... dunno. I'm out of stuff to say

Most likely not changing my vote today
Lukewarm is Goldfish, I'm ash
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:32 am

Post by the worst »

I tend to agree that if I'm right on Tidus, on the balance of probabilities I'm wrong on cat.

I'm a bit [username joke] on Lukewarm's contributions so far. I still find it jarring very few people are acknowledging Tidus' existence. It's like we're living in FFX-2.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I have gotten to Tidus's rep in, and I have found an equally bad reason to think that Tidus is town as that reason that I thought that cat.jpeg was town. These are the posts that caught my attention.

Spoiler:
In post 52, Cat.Jpeg wrote:What is up with that cake that is on some posts, I had a cake on my first post too, why?
In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:Also, what's this ISO option on posts?

They both read as genuine curiosity to me that pings me as town.

Like, newbie scum, generally self conscious, sees something that they don't understand - I picture them seeking refuge in their PT where they would feel safe, and they can ask their partner, to avoid possibly looking dumb in the main thread.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:01 am

Post by the worst »

I am going to chase Tidus down the plank and then I am going to chase Lukewarm down the plank. Heed my words. The plankchasing will be glorious.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:05 am

Post by the worst »

In post 502, Lukewarm wrote:I have gotten to Tidus's rep in, and I have found an equally bad reason to think that Tidus is town as that reason that I thought that cat.jpeg was town. These are the posts that caught my attention.

Spoiler:
In post 52, Cat.Jpeg wrote:What is up with that cake that is on some posts, I had a cake on my first post too, why?
In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:Also, what's this ISO option on posts?

They both read as genuine curiosity to me that pings me as town.

Like, newbie scum, generally self conscious, sees something that they don't understand - I picture them seeking refuge in their PT where they would feel safe, and they can ask their partner, to avoid possibly looking dumb in the main thread.
less abstractly: what do you think scum!tidus who would exclusively ask this question in his pt posts in the main thread instead of this question?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:07 am

Post by the worst »

This is really obvious entrapment, sorry. I'm tempted to just vote Lukewarm but choosing an unpopular wagon feels like a great way for me to immediately be walked myself.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't follow your question. I see that post, and my gut reaction to reading it is to think town by virtue of it existing.

I am aware that it is a bad reason to serve as a bedrock for a read, and given his earlier statement I am not even really sure I want to try to save him here.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am probably done for the night (off to see my mom lol).

At this point, if gth I had to pick the elim it would be between goodmorning or T02.

I won't be mad about the worst or tidus going through, but I would prefer one of the other two.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.15

the worst: (1) catboi
Catboi: (1) goodmorning
Cat.jpeg: (1) Bellaphant
Tidus of the X: (2) the worst, syugar

Not Voting (4): Lukewarm, Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Takemikazuchi02

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-10 10:20:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Sun May 08, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Through 17:
In post 389, syugar wrote:
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:I don't love that 2 slots now seem to think that 2 people scumreading each other MUST be 1 scum 1 town.
I don't either, but I thought you'd welcome it
That sort of thing rarely seems to go well when I'm involved. If catboi and I
are
just town misunderstanding each other then it gives scum the chance to line up lims. If catboi is scum and I go first (likelier, I think I'm not as townread as he is), there's no guarantee that he couldn't wiggle free.
In post 403, the worst wrote:
In post 383, goodmorning wrote:RE: the worst 370: do not like. "The consensus is ok voting Tidus so me too"! Pretty much directly opposed to some of what I liked about their entrance.
This is the opposite of what that post says. :P Nobody seems ok voting Tidus, which is why I think it needs to be done.
I currently am under the impression that most of the player list null- or scumreads the Tidus slot, with the exception of myself and catboi iirc?

I do really like , specifically the Cat & Goldfish interaction part, so I can see we're back to back and forth again.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Through 19:
In post 455, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 381, goodmorning wrote: Elaborate please.
Why are you asking me to elaborate on things I already explained?
Because I don't feel satisfied by the level of explanation.
In post 459, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 58, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: numbers

I don't like how you've been playing the returning player card since the start of the game.
In post 59, Asphodelus wrote:VOTE: T02.

I don't like how you [insert random thing about someone that isn't related to the game in hand] since the start of the game.
This feels confrontational in a way that I would not expect newbie scum to be so early in the game.
What! Is going on with this game! If I never see the word "confrontational" again it will be too soon!
In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
Consider me like fourthing that this is an awful look. Doing nothing is not the defense you think it is!
In post 467, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I have a question I want answered before the day ends. To the people that townread me, why exactly?
It's a townleanish thing rather than a full townread for me, and it's completely meta. Once you got engaged with the game, you pretty immediately started to feel like you did in our previous game.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Through present:
In post 475, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 465, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 147, catboi wrote:
In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
I think in particular w/r/t syugar I've seen other players take that kind of aggressive approach where they seem to fos a lot of people on entry and gotten wary of it because of how wide their suspicion seemed to be, but the player ended up being town anyway. Just think stylistically the scattered approach is more likely to be town where scum faking aggression take a narrow-tunnel approach

If I assemble my vague townish feelings together, I have Cat.Jpeg (feel very good about this one), goldfish, bella, and syugar. It's possible I'm wrong on one of these because it's earrly, but if it
is
true it would mean all the scum would be in GM, Ash, T02, and jumble. Which feels...plausible?
Catboi, what moved TO2 into your scum pile, given you seemed to town read their entrance?
Another thought that I had about this post, is that cat.jpeg going from "the person catboi was voting" to his single highest town read is probably + town for him.
I drew the opposite conclusion from this - he doesn't seem to have had any real reason to change his mind at that point, none of what Cat was doing in between the vote and unvote was AI, so either the vote was fake or the unvote was, imo. What about it makes you think it improves the likelihood of catboi being town?
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
In post 501, the worst wrote:I tend to agree that if I'm right on Tidus, on the balance of probabilities I'm wrong on cat.

I'm a bit [username joke] on Lukewarm's contributions so far. I still find it jarring very few people are acknowledging Tidus' existence. It's like we're living in FFX-2.
I don't find it that weird that people would forget the existence of a player who seems that determined to make 0 contribution to the thread, but maybe that's just me.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Just for opinion clarification purposes: I wouldn't mind a Tidus elim today, and that's currently the only compromise elim I would be happy with. The townlean I had on that slot has been pretty thoroughly erased by this point, if my last few posts haven't made that clear.

What I really need is a thorough reread of the thread with a few things in mind, but that's not going to happen in the time remaining this Day phase. No, I will not be clarifying what those things are at this time.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 511, goodmorning wrote:Through present:
In post 475, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 465, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 147, catboi wrote:
In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
I think in particular w/r/t syugar I've seen other players take that kind of aggressive approach where they seem to fos a lot of people on entry and gotten wary of it because of how wide their suspicion seemed to be, but the player ended up being town anyway. Just think stylistically the scattered approach is more likely to be town where scum faking aggression take a narrow-tunnel approach

If I assemble my vague townish feelings together, I have Cat.Jpeg (feel very good about this one), goldfish, bella, and syugar. It's possible I'm wrong on one of these because it's earrly, but if it
is
true it would mean all the scum would be in GM, Ash, T02, and jumble. Which feels...plausible?
Catboi, what moved TO2 into your scum pile, given you seemed to town read their entrance?
Another thought that I had about this post, is that cat.jpeg going from "the person catboi was voting" to his single highest town read is probably + town for him.
I drew the opposite conclusion from this - he doesn't seem to have had any real reason to change his mind at that point, none of what Cat was doing in between the vote and unvote was AI, so either the vote was fake or the unvote was, imo. What about it makes you think it improves the likelihood of catboi being town?
I would expect scum!catboi to be more worried about his trajectory on the slot looking good. I also disagree that cat.jpeg wasn't looking townie at the time, so :shrug:
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
Depends what you are calling their response. I immediately did not like 483, 485, 488 and was considering voting them -- but then 492.

I kinda doubt that scum would see me correctly calling out their read as fake there, and take an approach to attack me based on the time stamps of when I asked the question vs when I found the answer myself. If he is scum then he knows that that timeline is simply true. And I doubt that he would think that calling me out over the timeline would in any way sway me, or actually discredit my point in anyway to other people.

It makes more sense to me as coming from an OMGUSing townie.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 505, the worst wrote:This is really obvious entrapment, sorry. I'm tempted to just vote Lukewarm but choosing an unpopular wagon feels like a great way for me to immediately be walked myself.
tomorrow is more interesting when we kill tidus

i think tidus is a hit after his posts too
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 515, syugar wrote:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
I for one think that it was a very good point, thank you very much :cool: :cool:

If you had Ash as your top scum read, and then carried over having the worst as one of your strongest scum reads, not having it straight that they were the same slot in that post, on the surface, made it look like you were not thinking as critically about the slot as would make sense for your top scum read.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 282, catboi wrote:I...thought about it a bit, and I don't think GM is the play today.
@catboi, what makes GM not the play today?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by catboi »

Still not really in the space to read up and digest in full. Tidus feels mainly like he's a player who isn't used to making social reads more than actually being scum and worst's confidence there and lack of nuance to the read is off-putting.

I'll move wherever to secure an elim.
In post 517, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 282, catboi wrote:I...thought about it a bit, and I don't think GM is the play today.
@catboi, what makes GM not the play today?
I had mistakenly made an assumption on a read at the time that is no longer valid

as it is I'd have no problem flipping her now but that is less to do with having a confident scumread and more to do with not having patience for how they're acting toward me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by catboi »

does someone have an idea of what the VC is right now?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have finished my catch up.

VOTE: Tidus

The thing that I like about the ISO comment was a nice ping when I reached that point in the thread, but I did not realize that they literally fell off the face of the thread afterwards, which is definitely not a good look, and makes their in worse.

I also have a worry that would be anti-town to voice currently if we were to start exploring alternative wagons.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 519, catboi wrote:does someone have an idea of what the VC is right now?
Unofficial vote count

the worst: (1) catboi
Catboi: (1) goodmorning
Cat.jpeg: (1) Bellaphant
Tidus of the X: (3) the worst, syugar, Lukewarm

Not Voting (3): Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Takemikazuchi02
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I may have jumped the gun with my last comment, but I am still happy with my Tidus vote
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 520, Lukewarm wrote:I also have a worry that would be anti-town to voice currently if we were to start exploring alternative wagons.
hmm?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 518, catboi wrote:Still not really in the space to read up and digest in full. Tidus feels mainly like he's a player who isn't used to making social reads more than actually being scum and worst's confidence there and lack of nuance to the read is off-putting.

I'll move wherever to secure an elim.
Shrug

His nebulous claim that other people dying will give "information" without the specifics just feels wrong, not real

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”