Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by biancospino »

Mini 2308: Blood over Utopia

Designed and modded by biancospino, reviewed by Bingle, Something_Smart and lilith2013.

Playerlist:

IDUsernameStatusFlip
meowmeow

JasonWazza
Killed N4
Citizen
Merlyn
Alive
Deal With The Devil

H{Alianna+Doctor Drew}
Alive
Enchant*

Random Nurse
Assassinated N4
(no flip)
Flavor Leaf

HighFlyingDwarf*
Succumbed D3
Citizen
RCEnigma*
Alive
Infinity 324

PenguinPower***
Executed D1
Citizen
camelCasedSnivy
Alive
SirCakez**
Sacrificed N3
Citizen
Aureal
Executed D3
Citizen
Hu Tao

Roden
Alive
Cat Scratch Fever
Alive
marcistar*
Executed D2
Citizen

N.B.:
bold
means confirmed;
strikethrough
means replaced;
H{...} means the account is a Hydra;
each * stands for a prod.

Alive (6):
Spoiler:
  1. Merlyn
  2. Deal With The Devil (hydra of Alianna and Doctor Drew)
  3. RCEnigma
  4. camelCasedSnivy
  5. Hu Tao
  6. Cat Scratch Fever

Dead (7):
Spoiler:
  1. Infinity 324,
    Citizen
    , executed D1.
  2. marcistar,
    Citizen
    , executed D2.
  3. Flavor Leaf,
    Citizen
    , succumbed of his malady on D3.
  4. Aureal,
    Citizen
    , executed D3.
  5. SirCakez,
    Citizen
    , sacrificed N3.
  6. Enchant, Assassinated N4
  7. meowmeow,
    Citizen
    , Killed N4

Events:
Spoiler:

The current phase is: POSTGAME.
The Deadline is due in [NO DEADLINE].
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:05 am, edited 95 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

Ruleset

(in large part
shamelessly stolen
inspired and adapted from Northsidegal)

the tl;dr
  1. Abide by site rules, and be mindful of your fellow players.
  2. Plurality executions, ties are resolved by seniority.
  3. D1 will last 240 hours, and all other Days will last 168 hours; Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. 36 hours prods; if you are prodded, you have 24 hours to respond, and if I have to prod you three times I may replace you immediately.
  5. I have some unusual rules about multimedia content, night prods, and last words.
  6. Be sure to carefully read the setup-specific rules!

General
  1. Adhere to all site rules.
  2. Always play to win. This specific game, not some unspecified future one.
  3. Claiming Insurgent by yourself is acceptable (if it isn't gamethrowing), claiming Insurgent with partners is not.
  4. Remember that this is a game — heated discussion is allowed, but personal attacks are not.
  5. Pretending to break the rules will be treated similarly as actually breaking the rules.
  6. Jingle is my co-mod. They have full mod authority.
  7. You may use the following colours, as long as you don't do so to attempt to impersonate a moderator:
    , which is my colour;
    , which is Jingle's colour.
  8. Do not quote any out of game communication regarding this game — this includes your role PM and any other PMs I may send you.
  9. If you need to get my attention, please include "
    @mod
    " in your post or PM me.
  10. Do not use encryption, hidden text or excessively small text (
    size 70
    is the smallest I'll allow) in your posts. Crumbing is fine.
  11. If you wish to include large images and/or gifs, you may do so, but you must put them in a [⁣spoiler=] tag. Posting content that include audio is
    strongly discouraged
  12. Do not use any form of provable randomness. This includes dice tags, screenshots of random.org, etc. Saying you flipped a coin is okay, providing some sort of proof that you did isn’t.
  13. If you have the ability to edit your posts, do not do so.
  14. If you accidentally post with an incorrect alt account, you have to immediately make an identical post with the correct account, so to preserve ISOs' readability.
  15. My decisions are final. If I feel you are violating any of the rules, I will take the appropriate action.
  16. As a general principle, whenever moderator action is required I will attempt to make the decision that has the least impact on the natural flow of gameplay. For example, force replacing instead of modkilling whenever possible.
  17. I reserve the right, under extraordinary circumstances, to change this ruleset. If I do so, I will acknowledge having done so in-thread.
  18. Have fun!

Deadlines and Activity
  1. The first Day will have a 240 hours (10 real life days) deadline, and all subsequent Days will have a 168 hours (7 real life days) deadline. Each Night will have a 48 hours deadline.
  2. I may grant deadline extensions in extraordinary circumstances.
  3. If a player replaces in during the Day with less than 48 hours remaining to the deadline, I will extend it to 48 hours.
  4. During the Night, players may ask for a quick night by PM. If all players do and I'm not busy, the Night ends immediately.
  5. You are expected to confirm your role PM no longer than 72 hours after I've sent it to you. If you don't, you will be replaced.
  6. You are expected to make at least one game-relevant post every 36 hours. Players who go 36 hours without posting will be prodded.
  7. If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to post in-thread. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you 3 or more times, you will be replaced at my own discretion.
  8. Abuse of prod dodges will result in you being replaced at my own discretion.
  9. If your prod timer would expire during the Night, you may respond to it by PMing me. If you do so, you also have to make a game-relevant post in the first 24 hours of the next Day.
  10. If you are going to be V/LA, please announce it in thread or PM me. If your V/LA will last 5 days or longer I may be forced to replace you.

Voting
  1. All votes and unvotes for execution must be in
    bold
    or in VOTE: vote / UNVOTE: unvote tags, with vote tags being preferable.
  2. All votes for the special "projects" mechanic must be in HURT: hurt tags. If you wish to unvote a vote for a project, just do
    HURT: nothing, or use HEAL: heal tags.
  3. Votes in spoilers will not be counted.
  4. If you wish to change your vote, unvoting first is not mandatory.
  5. Abbreviations and nicknames are acceptable, as long as I can understand them.
  6. Dabble in false votes shenanigans at your peril. If I think something is a vote, it is.
  7. As soon as a majority of the votes is toward the same player, that player is hammered and their fate is sealed. If no majority is reached before deadline, the executee will be decided by plurality; in case of a tie, the wagon whose newest vote is older will win.
  8. You may vote for VOTE: No Execution. Hammering No Execution requires only half of the votes, not a strict majority.
  9. Once a hammer has occurred, the game is in "twilight". Discussion may continue until I lock the thread but no further votes or unvotes will be counted. As soon as I lock the thread, the hammered player will be executed and the Day will end.

Miscellanea
  1. You may ask for a personal Notes PT for confessional purposes. Don't talk in-thread about you having, or not having, a Notes PT.
  2. Once you are dead, you may no longer post in the thread or in any PT you may had access to. You will however be granted access to the Deads' PT.
  3. You may ask to be replaced out by PM; in any case, you may not discuss in-thread the reasons you may have for replacing out. As soon as I acknowledge your request, you may not rescind it and you are no longer a player.
  4. If you request to be replaced out, you may PM me with a "last words" message. I will relay it to your successor.
  5. The Insurgence may concede, if all of its members agree.

Endgame
  1. The Citizens will win if all Insurgents are dead and at least one Citizen is left alive.
  2. The Insurgents will win if all Citizens are dead and at least one Insurgent is left alive, or if nothing can prevent the same.
  3. If all players are dead, the game ends in a "Scorched Earth" Draw.
  4. If there are no deaths for four consecutive phases, the game ends in a "Happily Ever After" Draw.
  5. After the game has ended, the thread will be opened for post-game discussion, and everyone (including dead players and non-players) may post in it. All PTs will be released unredacted immediately.

FLAVOR
  1. Flavor in the first posts of each Day may be game-relevant.
  2. Flavor in votecounts is not game-relevant, and is there just for wordbuilding.
  3. In all cases, I will refrain from using players' usernames in pieces of non-game-relevant flavor.
  4. You may PM me with stuff you'd like to be published in the Journal. This is just for fun; I offer no publishing guarantee, and I won't publish anything game-relevant in this way.

SETUP-SPECIFIC
  1. The groupscum is called "The Insurgence". Non-groupscum players are called "Citizens"; all players, regardless of alignment, are called "Utopians".
  2. No player has any non-factional special ability.
  3. Each Day, Utopia starts with a budget of $60,000 (there are ways to change this value). Any unspent money is lost when the Day ends.
  4. Each Day, each Utopian may vote for one project to undertake from the billboard, using HURT: tags. At the en of the Day, the project that, among those which cost no more than the budget (if any), received a plurality of votes is set to be undertaken the following night. Then, if there is another legal project with the plurality of the remaining votes, that project is also set to be undertaken. Ties are resolved by vote seniority.
  5. Some projects require targets. When one such project is undertaken, Utopians who voted for it are added to a Council PT overnight to decide its targets. If they can't make up their minds, the targets are randomized.
  6. No project can be selected more than twice, or more than once in two consecutive Days. Development projects can't be selected more than once period, and no more than one Development project can be selected each Day.
  7. If no project is being undertaken at Night, the Insurgence is free to do its biddings and gain $60,000. If only one project is being undertaken, there will still be little enough traffic that the Insurgence can manage to gain $20,000.
  8. Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them.
  9. Each Day, each player may send the moderator a request to give an Utopian a gift. The Utopian who received more requests for will be given a nice (but useless) gift during the Night (ties are resolved at random).
  10. The Insurgence's factional ability may or may not be a standard nightkill.
  11. The following is a copy of the role PM each Citizen's got:
    Welcome to
    Mini 2308: Blood over Utopia
    , Citizen YYY.

It is time for our Congregation to set foot on our promised land, as Destiny shall.

They want us dead.
    Our paradise must be built.

No sacrifice too great for the greatest good of Utopia.
    ~O.

You are a
    Citizen
    You win when the Insurgents curs are no more, for the greatest good of Utopia.

Please confirm by replying with a paraphrase of setup specific rule N
    o
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by biancospino »

Sending Role PMs
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by biancospino »

All PMs sent!

Starting once 11/13 have confirmed, or in (expired on 2023-07-31 01:45:00)

11 players confirmed!
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by biancospino »

N.B.: I've reworded rule 4 slightly, hopefully it's more clear. What it basically means is that the two most voted legal projects are undertaken (and the legality of the second is decided after the first one is bought)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by biancospino »

DAY 1 STARTS
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #7 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

Reminder that the following is today's billboard:

Billboard

Investigatives
  • Intelligentia ($10,000)
    -- discover number of Insurgents
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
    -- discover alignment of a dead target.
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
    -- discover if the mod has ever lied.
  • Census ($50,000)
    -- discover if, among five targets, exactly two are Insurgents. This project can't be bought unless 8 players are alive and at most one Insurgent is dead.
Voting Manipulation

N.B.: all effects that would set vote weight to two or more, or that would grant extra votes to single Utopians, are disabled if the number of living Citizens is less than two greater than the number of living Insurgents.
  • Mayor election ($10,000)
    -- one Utopian is elected Mayor, and their vote (both for execution and for projects) is worth one-and-a-half for the rest of the game. The Mayor can be deposed during Days if a simple majority agrees. If a new Mayor is elected, the previous one is deposed.
  • Election Security ($10,000)
    -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)
  • Appointed Jury ($20,000)
    -- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
  • Injunction ($30,000)
    -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
    -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they die and town gets $20,000 more in tomorrow's budget.
  • Raffle ($10,000)
    -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
  • Neighborhood Watch ($20,000)
    -- tomorrow, Insurgents have no daytalk.
  • Marriage ($20,000)
    -- two Utopians are united in marriage (if any of them is already married, they divorce first). They gain access to a Spouses' PT. When one of them dies for any reason, the other dies of a broken hearth.
Developments
  • Bureau of Investigations ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more investigative projects.
  • Board of Elections ($10,000)
    -- unlocks more voting manipulation projects.
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more miscellanea projects
  • Trading Outpost ($20,000)
    -- ups the daily budget to $70,000.
  • Printing Press ($20,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish a page detailing future projects, hinting at currently locked higher-tier actions.
  • Assassination ($60,000)
    -- Kill target Utopian with no flip. This action is guaranteed to go through exactly as planned.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #19 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:02 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 18, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Can we only choose two, or can we choose as many as our budget will allow?
Up to 2
projects can be undertaken each Night.

In post 16, Aureal wrote: HURT: Bureau of Investigations
HURT: Sacrifice

I'm concerned by the yellow warning for wind in the late evening. :neutral:
Only one project vote per Utopian is allowed. I'm counting this as a vote for Sacrifice (as a general rule, if a post contains multiple votes/unvotes either for the execution or for the projects, I will count only the last one)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:11 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 66, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1, biancospino wrote: No project can be selected more than twice, or more than once in two consecutive Days. Development projects can't be selected more than once period, and no more than one Development project can be selected each Day.
@mod, does this mean more than twice in the whole game, or that we can select the same project twice in a day?
During the whole game.
Do also note that it's not possible for a single project to be undertaken more than once in a span of two Nights (so in particular not twice in the same Night)
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #69 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:13 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 68, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 0, biancospino wrote: Raffle ($10,000) -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
@Mod: Is the raffle decided publicly?
The lucky receipient of the fruit, if one exists, will be selected at random, and will not be announced publicly; the fruit is delivered privately
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:40 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-I

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Roden (2):
Cat Scratch Fever (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (2):
Roden (), Deal With The Devil ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
JasonWazza ()
PenguinPower (1):
Merlyn ()
Merlyn (1):
PenguinPower ()

Not voting (6):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, camelCasedSnivy, SirCakez, Aureal, marcistar

projects votes
Trading Outpost (3):
Roden (), marcistar (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Printing Press (1):
JasonWazza ()
Bureau of Investigations (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Sacrifice (1):
Aureal ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Intelligentia (1):
PenguinPower ()

Not voting (5):
Deal With The Devil, Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, RCEnigma, SirCakez

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-08 09:00:00).
  • Random Nurse is V/LA on Thursdays, Frydays and Saturdays.
  • I reiterate that each Utopian may vote for only one project. Whenever a post attempts to cast more than one such vote, like , only the last one counts.
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 144, Roden wrote: I don't see anything in the set up, so...

@mod:
What happens to a flip during eliminations? Do they have a standard flip?
Yes, unless some game effect suppresses the flip.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-II

flavor
Spoiler:

* I'm likely not actually going to write that

execution votes
Roden (3):
Cat Scratch Fever (), RCEnigma (), PenguinPower ()
PenguinPower (2):
Merlyn (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
JasonWazza (), SirCakez ()
RCEnigma (1):
Roden ()
SirCakez (1):
Deal With The Devil ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, Aureal, marcistar

projects votes
Trading Outpost (4):
marcistar (), camelCasedSnivy (), PenguinPower (), SirCakez ()
Printing Press (3):
JasonWazza (), Deal With The Devil (), Roden()
Bureau of Investigations (2):
Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, RCEnigma

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-III

flavor
TBD

execution votes
Roden (3):
Cat Scratch Fever (), RCEnigma (), PenguinPower ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
JasonWazza (), SirCakez ()
RCEnigma (2):
Roden (), Merlyn ()
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, Aureal, marcistar

projects votes
Trading Outpost (6):
marcistar (), camelCasedSnivy (), PenguinPower (), SirCakez (), RCEnigma (), Roden ()
Bureau of Investigations (2):
Aureal (), Deal With The Devil ()
Printing Press (1):
JasonWazza ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()

Not voting (2):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:39 pm

Post by biancospino »

JasonWazza requested replacement.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #247 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by biancospino »

meowmeow replaces JasonWazza. Please welcome them!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:22 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-IV

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Merlyn (3):
Aureal (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Roden ()
Roden (2):
RCEnigma (), PenguinPower ()
RCEnigma (2):
Merlyn (), meowmeow ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
SirCakez ()
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, marcistar

projects votes
Trading Outpost (6):
marcistar (), camelCasedSnivy (), PenguinPower (), SirCakez (), RCEnigma (), Roden ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Bureau of Investigations (1):
Aureal ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Marriage (1):
meowmeow ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #317 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by biancospino »

prodding HighFlyingDwarf
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #318 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-V

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Merlyn (3):
Roden (2):
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
RCEnigma (1):
Merlyn ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
HighFlyingDwarf (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, marcistar, meowmeow ()

projects votes
Bureau of Investigations (4):
Aureal (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez ()
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), Roden ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #339 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 338, Deal With The Devil wrote:
Just to clarify,
@mod - if we use Sacrifice and our target is an Insurgent, we don't get the money, correct?

- Alianna
That's correct. If the target of Sacrifice is an Insurgent, the Sacrifice project has no effect.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #348 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #349 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #350 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-VI

flavor
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Flowers picture Attribution
UpstateNYer, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons (with alterations)

execution votes
Merlyn (3):
Roden (2):
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
RCEnigma (1):
Merlyn ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
HighFlyingDwarf (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, marcistar, meowmeow ()

projects votes
Trading Outpost (3):
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (2):
HighFlyingDwarf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
  • It has become apparent that I'm not going to be able to keep up with writing some flavor for each VC, so from now on I'm probably going to put flavor in, like, on VC per irl day. Maybe more, but no promises.
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #361 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:42 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 360, RCEnigma wrote:
@Mod
is Autopsy revealed as public information or is it revealed to voters of autopsy only?
The result of investigative project, including Autopsy, are revealed publicly, unless otherwise specified or unless some game effect suppresses the public announcement.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #366 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:38 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 365, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 7, biancospino wrote:
Injunction ($30,000)
-- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
@mod - does "the vote for execution of target Utopian" mean "execution votes cast by the target Utopian" or "votes cast to execute the target Utopian"?

- Alianna
The former.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #373 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:37 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding PenguinPower
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #401 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by biancospino »

Flavor Leaf replaces HighFlyingDwarf
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #471 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:06 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #472 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:06 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #473 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:06 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #474 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #475 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-VII

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Merlyn (2):
Aureal (), Roden ()
PenguinPower (2):
camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow ()
Flavor Leaf (2):
SirCakez (), RCEnigma ()
Roden (1):
PenguinPower ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
Sir Cakez (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, Flavor Leaf, marcistar, Merlyn ()

projects votes
Trading Outpost (3):
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (2):
Flavor Leaf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #480 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:13 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding SirCakez.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #545 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #546 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #547 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #548 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #549 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #550 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-VIII

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
Cat Scratch Fever (), PenguinPower (), marcistar (), Merlyn ()
Merlyn (2):
Aureal (), Roden ()
PenguinPower (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
SirCakez (), RCEnigma ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()

Not voting (2):
Random Nurse, Flavor Leaf

projects votes
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Intelligentia (1):
Roden ()

Not voting (2):
Flavor Leaf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #573 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #574 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #575 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-IX

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
PenguinPower (3):
camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (2):
Aureal (), Roden ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
Flavor Leaf (1):
RCEnigma ()

Not voting (2):

projects votes
Bureau of Investigations (5):
Aureal (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Intelligentia (2):
Roden (), Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (1):
Flavor Leaf

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #621 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

I've blanked posts and . Those posts were made in error and have no relevance to the game.

Please do not discuss this action.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #624 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:38 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #625 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:39 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-X

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
PenguinPower (3):
camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (2):
Aureal (), Roden ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
Flavor Leaf (1):
RCEnigma ()

Not voting (2):

projects votes
Bureau of Investigations (6):
Aureal (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (0).

notes
  • Please use [
    hurt] tags to vote for projects to help me out with the tally. Since the intention is obvious, I'm still counting as a project vote for Bureau of Investigations.
Last edited by biancospino on Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #646 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:10 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding marcistar.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #650 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:50 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XI

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
Merlyn (2):
Aureal (), Roden ()
PenguinPower (2):
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
Flavor Leaf (1):
RCEnigma ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, Flavor Leaf, SirCakez ()

projects votes
Aureal (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (2):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma ()
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #740 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:41 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XII

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
PenguinPower (2):
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Deal With The Devil (), Aureal ()
Merlyn (1):
Roden ()
Flavor Leaf (1):
RCEnigma ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, Flavor Leaf, SirCakez ()

projects votes
Trading Outpost (2):
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #775 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:03 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XIII

flavor
Maybe later

execution votes
SirCakez (5):
Cat Scratch Fever (), PenguinPower (), marcistar (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf ()
PenguinPower (2):
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (1):
Roden ()

Not voting (1):
Random Nurse

projects votes
Trading Outpost (2):
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #854 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XIV

flavor
Spoiler:
Excerpt from the Official Hagiography of the Overseer, page 131.

execution votes
SirCakez (5):
Cat Scratch Fever (), PenguinPower (), marcistar (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf ()
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (1):
Roden ()
PenguinPower (1):
meowmeow ()

Not voting (2):
Random Nurse, camelCasedSnivy ()

projects votes
Aureal (), meowmeow (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #900 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:30 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XV

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (1):
Roden ()
PenguinPower (1):
meowmeow ()
marcistar (1):
Flavor Leaf ()

Not voting (2):

projects votes
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Intelligentia (2):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #902 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:19 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding PenguinPower.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #996 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #997 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #998 (isolation #54) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #999 (isolation #55) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1000 (isolation #56) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XVI

flavor
Maybe later

execution votes
marcistar (3):
Flavor Leaf (), Aureal (), PenguinPower ()
camelCasedSnivy (3):
Deal With The Devil (), Roden (), Merlyn ()
SirCakez (2):
Cat Scratch Fever (), marcistar ()
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
meowmeow ()
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (1):
Random Nurse

projects votes
Aureal (), meowmeow (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Intelligentia (4):
Roden (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), RCEnigma ()
Trading Outpost (1):
PenguinPower ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (0).

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1035 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:30 pm

Post by biancospino »

Prodding PenguinPower and Random Nurse.

This is PenguinPower's third prod, so I'll look for a replacement. He can stay if he comes back before I've found one.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1051 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:10 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XVII

execution votes
marcistar (3):
Flavor Leaf (), Aureal (), PenguinPower ()
camelCasedSnivy (3):
SirCakez (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
PenguinPower (1):
meowmeow ()

Not voting (2):

projects votes
Aureal (), meowmeow (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Intelligentia (4):
Trading Outpost (1):
PenguinPower ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1063 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:40 am

Post by biancospino »

Infinity 324 replaces PenguinPower. Please welcome them!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1075 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:04 am

Post by biancospino »

Announcement:

The deadline is extended to (expired on 2023-08-09 15:40:33) from now, due to the replacement.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1118 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:38 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 1115, Merlyn wrote: Huh, this is really something that we should be clear on.
@mod- can you define the tiebreak by seniority rule please?
It is codified in voting rule N
o
7 (emphasis added):

In post 1, biancospino wrote: 7. As soon as a majority of the votes is toward the same player, that player is hammered and their fate is sealed. If no majority is reached before deadline, the executee will be decided by plurality;
in case of a tie, the wagon whose newest vote is older will win.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1122 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:30 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding RCEnigma.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1123 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:33 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1124 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:33 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1125 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:33 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XVIII

execution votes
camelCasedSnivy (3):
SirCakez (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
marcistar (2):
Flavor Leaf (), Aureal ()
Infinity 324 (2):
meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Infinity 324 ()

Not voting (1):
Random Nurse

projects votes
Intelligentia (4):
Sacrifice (2):
Infinity 324 (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (0).

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-09 15:40:33).
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1347 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

Random Nurse requested replacement.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1348 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1349 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1350 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XIX

execution votes
SirCakez (2):
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Deal With The Devil (), Merlyn ()
Infinity 324 (2):
meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()
marcistar (1):
Aureal ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Infinity 324 ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, Roden (), Flavor Leaf ()

projects votes
Intelligentia (5):
Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), RCEnigma (), Infinity 324 (), Roden ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Sacrifice (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (0).

notes
  • Random Nurse is being replaced.
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1398 (isolation #70) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:59 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1399 (isolation #71) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:59 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1400 (isolation #72) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:00 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XX

execution votes
Infinity 324 (5):
meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), Cat Scratch Fever (), SirCakez (), Aureal ()
camelCasedSnivy (3):
Deal With The Devil (), Merlyn (), Infinity 324 ()
SirCakez (1):
marcistar ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, Roden (), Flavor Leaf (), RCEnigma ()

projects votes
Intelligentia (5):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Sacrifice (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1454 (isolation #73) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:53 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-FINAL

With 13 alive, it took 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Infinity 324 (7 = HAMMER):
camelCasedSnivy (), Cat Scratch Fever (), SirCakez (), Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), RCEnigma (), Flavor Leaf ()
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Merlyn (), Infinity 324 ()
SirCakez (1):
marcistar ()

Not voting (3):
Random Nurse, Roden (), meowmeow ()

projects votes
Intelligentia (5):
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Sacrifice (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (0).

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1455 (isolation #74) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:55 pm

Post by biancospino »

I'll recheck that the last VC is accurate, and if it is I'll post the flip and start the night in no more than one hour from now.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1456 (isolation #75) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by biancospino »

flavor
Spoiler: Obituary

Infinity 324 was executed.
They were a
Citizen

It is now Night 1; the deadline is frozen until a replacement for Random Nurse is found.

The following projects will be undertaken tonight:
  • Bureau of Investigations;
  • Intelligentia.
Since none of them require targets, there will be no councils tonight.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1457 (isolation #76) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by biancospino »

Enchant replaces Random Nurse.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1458 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by biancospino »

Deadline unfrozen; N1 will end in (expired on 2023-08-11 06:35:22).
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1459 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:44 am

Post by biancospino »

Roden has requested replacement. The deadline is frozen again, at
1 day, 15 hours, 50 minutes
from this post.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1460 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:37 pm

Post by biancospino »

Hu Tao replaces Roden.

The deadline is unfrozen, and is now due in (expired on 2023-08-11 22:27:51).
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1461 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of the Second Day

Spoiler: Transcription

The Utopia Times

Vol. XX/N
o
13th September 2079

HEINOUS QUARTET

The corruption runs deep, peraphs more t
han it could be hoped for.

The Eye, which watches over us all, has been looking at the foofaraw of the Night. Listening at the wispering of the ghostly streets, and at the spirited murmurs of the tavern. Inquiring on the ideas and minds of the citizenship, sieving the communal nous of the spurious thoughts.

The nightly shadows of the cobblestones have been violated by spectral silouettes, shady figures complotting in the cover of the Moon. The wine-satiated tongues, by blasphemies against our order, and praises of the Rapacious enemy.

Heresy is here. Dear readers, dear citizens, dear Utopians: be alarmed.

Do fear.

For there are not two or three, but even four of the foul curs. Four disceples of the grotesque egotistical Old World that must be excised and exterminated as the loathsome roaches they are.

For the greatest good of Utopia.

Enhancements to the Inquisition

The All-seeing Eye is now less blind.

The Inquisitorial Subdivision in Utopia has been enhanced, to combat the raising eversive risk.

This is part of a larger project, willed by our wise Overseer, to ultimately move the main Headquarters of our sacred Inquisition in the Utopian New World, for which the blueprints have been finally finalized.

This, even partial, enhancement, offers much needed capabilities for more effectively track
them
down. There are now in place all the required equipment for the Telecommunications division to integrate fully in the internal policing of Utopia, so that may they may provide the utility of their advanced algorithm to analyze the patterns in the democratic processes, and catch any unauthorized form of eversive communication.

Shall the need arise, some more
enhanced
interrogation techniques are also on the table. The methods are harsh, but there is no doubt that any devout Utopian can't but rejoice at the prospect of a greatest begign panopticon, in the interest of the collectivity. No doubt that any devout Utopian shall offer themselves gayly to even the worst torture, if that sacrifice would better this most noble hunt.

Flowery Surprise

A florist's workshop is now in operation, close to the silvan groove at the edge of town.

As a sign of goodwill, the first bouquet has already been given out to one lucky Utopian!

Today's weather report

No adverse meteoreological events foreseen for today, beside a slight clouding in the early afternoon.
Low 11°C, high 19°C, humidity of 59-63% through the day.

(N.B.: Image generated with OpenAI.)

Public Announcements:
  • Everyone survived the night!
  • The following new projects have been unlocked: Wiretap, Torture, Recount.
  • There are 4 Insurgents.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1462 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by biancospino »

Today's billboard:

Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
  • Census ($50,000)
    -- discover if, among five targets, exactly two are Insurgents. This project can't be bought unless 8 players are alive and at most one Insurgent is dead.
  • Wiretap ($20,000)
    -- discover how many posts were made in the Insurgents' PT the last Day and the last Night.
  • Torture ($40,000)
    -- torture target. Insurgents will always confess, but innocent Utopians also have a 25% chance of confessing just to escape the supplice.
  • Recount ($60,000)
    -- discover if there were one or more Insurgents on the wagon for the last execution.
Voting Manipulation

N.B.: all effects that would set vote weight to two or more, or that would grant extra votes to single Utopians, are disabled if the number of living Citizens is less than two greater than the number of living Insurgents.
    -- one Utopian is elected Mayor, and their vote (both for execution and for projects) is worth one-and-a-half for the rest of the game. The Mayor can be deposed during Days if a simple majority agrees. If a new Mayor is elected, the previous one is deposed.
    -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)
    -- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
  • Injunction ($30,000)
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
    -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they die and town gets $20,000 more in tomorrow's budget.
  • Raffle ($10,000)
  • Marriage ($20,000)
    -- two Utopians are united in marriage (if any of them is already married, they divorce first). They gain access to a Spouses' PT. When one of them dies for any reason, the other dies of a broken hearth.
Developments
  • Inquisition Headquarters ($30,000)
    -- unlocks even more investigative projects.
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish a page detailing future projects, hinting at currently locked higher-tier actions.
    -- Kill target Utopian with no flip. This action is guaranteed to go through exactly as planned.
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1525 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-I

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (9):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, Flavor leaf, SirCakez, Aureal, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (5):
camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (2):
, Enchant (), meowmeow ()
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (4):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, marcistar

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-19 11:00:00).
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1572 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1573 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1574 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1575 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-II

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (9):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, Flavor leaf, SirCakez, Aureal, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (4):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (3):
, Enchant (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (4):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, marcistar

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1623 (isolation #87) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:38 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1624 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:38 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1625 (isolation #89) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:38 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-III

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (9):

projects votes
Torture (5):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (3):
RCEnigma, Hu Tao, marcistar

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1649 (isolation #90) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1650 (isolation #91) » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-IV (UNCHANGED)

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (9):

projects votes
Torture (5):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (3):
RCEnigma, Hu Tao, marcistar

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1698 (isolation #92) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1699 (isolation #93) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1700 (isolation #94) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-V

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
Aureal (1):
Flavor Leaf ()

Not voting (8):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, SirCakez, Aureal, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil (), Hu Tao ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1725 (isolation #95) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:36 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-VI

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()

Not voting (8):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, SirCakez, Aureal, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever, marcistar, Flavor Leaf ()

projects votes
Torture (6):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil (), Hu Tao ()
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1730 (isolation #96) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by biancospino »

Prodding SirCakez.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1836 (isolation #97) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:15 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-VII

execution votes
marcistar (3):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()
Merlyn (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (4):
Deal With The Devil, SirCakez, Hu Tao, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
  • RCEnigma is V/LA until Wednesday.
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1849 (isolation #98) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:02 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1850 (isolation #99) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:03 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-VIII (UNCHANGED)

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
marcistar (3):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()
Merlyn (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (4):

projects votes
Torture (6):
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1875 (isolation #100) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:59 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-IX

execution votes
marcistar (4):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (4):

projects votes
Torture (6):
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1898 (isolation #101) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1899 (isolation #102) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1900 (isolation #103) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-X

flavor
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Tombstone picture attribution
Robin Clark / The Crow / CC BY-SA 2.0 (with alterations)

btw, did you know that there is a whole category on Wikimedia Commons for "Birds on grave monuments"? Weirdly overspecific

execution votes
marcistar (5):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal (), camelCasedSnivy (), Hu Tao ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (3):
Deal With The Devil, SirCakez, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #1952 (isolation #104) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-XI

flavor
Spoiler:

Excerpt from the Official Hagiography of the Overseer, page 56

execution votes
marcistar (5):
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()
Aureal (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (2):
Deal With The Devil, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
Trading Outpost (3):
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2050 (isolation #105) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 1992, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
@biancospino if an Insurgent uses a secret vote, does that affect the results of Recount?

sorry need to confirm for my own sanity
Yes.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2051 (isolation #106) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-XII

execution votes
marcistar (5 = E-2):
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()
Aureal (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (2):
marcistar, Deal With The Devil ()

projects votes
Torture (5):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Hu Tao ()
Election Security (4):
Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow ()
Trading Outpost (1):
Enchant ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
  • Counting in this VC.
Last edited by biancospino on Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2073 (isolation #107) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2074 (isolation #108) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2075 (isolation #109) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-XIII

flavor
Spoiler:
Spoiler: louse picture attribution:
Gilles San Martin,CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons (with alteraions)

execution votes
marcistar (5 = E-2):
Aureal (2):
SirCakez (), Merlyn ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
RCEnigma ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
meowmeow (1):
Enchant ()

Not voting (2):
marcistar, Deal With The Devil ()

projects votes
Torture (5):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Hu Tao ()
Election Security (5):
Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()
Trading Outpost (1):
Enchant ()

Not voting (1):
marcistar

notes
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2165 (isolation #110) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-FINAL

With 12 alive, it took 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Picture attribution: Nik Frey (niksan),[url=https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5
CC BY 2.5[/url], via Wikimedia Commons (with alterations)

execution votes
marcistar (7 = HAMMER):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal (), camelCasedSnivy (), Hu Tao (), Deal With The Devil (), Enchant ()
Aureal (2):
SirCakez (), Merlyn ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
RCEnigma ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()

Not voting (1):
marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Hu Tao (), Enchant ()
Election Security (5):
Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow (), RCEnigma ()

Not voting (1):
marcistar

notes
  • Reminder that votes, including for projects, do not count after a hammer.
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2166 (isolation #111) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:03 pm

Post by biancospino »

flavor
Spoiler: obituary

marcistar has been burned at the stake. She was a
Citizen

The following projects will be undertaken overnight:
  • Torture
  • Election Security
The Night will start as soon as I've made the Council PT for Torture.
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2167 (isolation #112) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by biancospino »

N2 starts, and will end in (expired on 2023-08-20 09:16:37)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2168 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by biancospino »

the daystart may end up being delayed by a few hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2169 (isolation #114) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:27 am

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of the third Day

[A blood-splattered page of the Journal]

The Utopia Times

Vol XX/ N
o
14th September 2079

Innocence of the Leaf

[Pic of an enhanced interrogation room]

Under the gaze of the taciturn Moon, a resigned figure, with his head covered in a black cape and ears plugged, was escorted to the undisclosed location of the interrogation room N
o

All due diligence has been excercised, to make sure none of the seeds of heresy tainted Flavor Leaf's devotion. Preliminary questioning being ineffective, more advanced techniques were warranted. As per the official report, even after prolonged use of stressors, including denial of sleep, tight restraints, application of phisical pain and forced assumption of various fluids, and even the application of secreted protocol J37; F.L.'s lips did always refuse to confess impure thoughts.

A squad of Citizens have been assigned to cleaning and sterilizing anew room N
o
103 and the utilized tools. Those assigned to this task are forbidden to disclose any detail which the Inquisition secreted from the report, and -- due to the presence of large amount of potentially hazardous bodily fluids, are required to be checked at the Sanitarium after completion of the task.

F.L. is not presently able to work, and is excused from his tasks for the day.

Tightened Controls at the Polls

More rigourous antifraud regulations enacted for today.

As fears have risen about possible irregularities in the democratic process, to reassure the citizenship, a revised antifraud protocol has been proposed to, and approved by, the Overseer, and will be trialed during today's voting.

Each ballot cast today must be emitted and cerified by the city all, and must be identified by a unique alphanumeric code to be transmitted to the Central Headquarter. Moreover, the casting of each vote must be done publicly and vidimated by the appointed committee, and notice of it must likewise be transmitted to Central. The Telecommunications Division will take care to check the validity of each vote, and that there be no discrepancy with the official count.

This is, no doubt, a small inconvenience, but no doubt the entire Citizenship ought to agree that such inconvenience is worth for the good of the collectivity.
It must however be said that the protocol has a nontrivial cost to operate, and require much more work from both the internal Utopian side and the overseeing process at the Headquarters. Only enough funds to operate the protocol for a one-day trial have been allocated.

Rowdy Celebrations

The celebrations of yesterday's Vespers had left a large amount of various refuse on the alleys. Since this is not an acceptable state of our Paradise, all citizens are required to assist the garbage collector whenever not working on other jobs.

Today's weather report

Consinstent clouding during the whole day, with chance of precipitations in the last hours of the night. Due to a cyclonic event, the methereolical situation will worsen in the next days, with possibility of thunderstorms.

Low 11°C, High 20°C, humidity of 73--78\% through the day.

N.B.: the picture is from
Hostel
(2005)

• Everyone survived the Night!
  • Under diligent questioning, Flavor Leaf did not confess, and is thus innocent.
  • It is guaranteed that no voting manipulation exists today.
The Day will end in (expired on 2023-08-27 09:41:10).
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2170 (isolation #115) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:37 am

Post by biancospino »

BILLBOARD
Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
  • Census ($50,000)
  • Wiretap ($20,000)
    -- discover how many posts were made in the Insurgents' PT the last Day and the last Night.
  • Recount ($60,000)
    -- discover if there were one or more Insurgent on the wagon for the last execution.
Voting Manipulation

• Injunction ($30,000)
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
  • Raffle ($10,000)
  • Marriage ($20,000)
Developments
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2188 (isolation #116) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:24 am

Post by biancospino »

To prevent confusion. Flavor Leaf is
not
unable to post today.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2217 (isolation #117) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:59 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2217, Merlyn wrote: Side note- am I missing where the D3 deadline counter is?
Sorry my bad. It was in the OP; I have now added it in the D3 commencement post
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2227 (isolation #118) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:28 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-I

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

execution votes
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
Aureal (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (8):
meowmeow, Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, Flavor leaf, RCEnigma, camelCasedSnivy, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

projects votes
Recount (2):
Merlyn (), Aureal ()
Sacrifice (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (8):
meowmeow, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, Flavor leaf, RCEnigma, SirCakez, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-27 09:40:33).
  • Please use hurt tags to vote for projects.
  • Alianna is V/LA till Thursday
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2278 (isolation #119) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-II

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Aureal (3):
SirCakez (), meowmeow (), Merlyn ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
Enchant (1):
Flavor Leaf ()

Not voting (5):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, camelCasedSnivy, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

projects votes
Recount (2):
Merlyn (), Aureal ()
Sacrifice (2):
camelCasedSnivy (), Flavor Leaf ()

Not voting (7):
meowmeow, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, RCEnigma, SirCakez, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

notes
  • Alianna is V/LA until Thursday.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2325 (isolation #120) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-III

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Aureal (3):
Enchant (2):
Flavor Leaf (), Hu Tao ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (3):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Cat Scratch Fever

projects votes
Sacrifice (3):
camelCasedSnivy (), Flavor Leaf (), SirCakez ()
Recount (2):
Merlyn (), Aureal ()

Not voting (6):
meowmeow, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2349 (isolation #121) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:06 am

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2350 (isolation #122) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:06 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-IV (UNCHANGED)

flavor
Spoiler:

Excerpt from the Official Hagiography of the Overseer, page 160.

execution votes
Aureal (3):
Enchant (2):
Flavor Leaf (), Hu Tao ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (3):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Cat Scratch Fever

projects votes
Sacrifice (3):
Recount (2):
Merlyn (), Aureal ()

Not voting (6):
meowmeow, Deal With The Devil, Enchant, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2375 (isolation #123) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-V

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Aureal (4):
SirCakez (), meowmeow (), Merlyn (), Cat Scratch Fever ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
Enchant (1):
Flavor Leaf ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (3):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Hu Tao ()

projects votes
Sacrifice (3):
Recount (3):
Merlyn (), Aureal (), Deal With The Devil ()

Not voting (5):
meowmeow, Enchant, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2376 (isolation #124) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by biancospino »

Prodding Enchant.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2394 (isolation #125) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

/
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2395 (isolation #126) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

//
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2396 (isolation #127) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

///
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2397 (isolation #128) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

////
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2398 (isolation #129) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

/////
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2399 (isolation #130) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

///////
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2400 (isolation #131) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-VI

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Aureal (4):
SirCakez (), meowmeow (), Merlyn (), Cat Scratch Fever ()
Deal With The Devil (1):
Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
Enchant (1):
Flavor Leaf ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (3):
Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, Hu Tao ()

projects votes
Recount (4):
Merlyn (), Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), meowmeow ()
Sacrifice (2):
Flavor Leaf (), SirCakez ()

Not voting (5):
Enchant, RCEnigma, Hu Tao, Cat Scratch Fever, camelCasedSnivy ()

notes
  • I'm counting as an unvote for the projects; while it wasn't in a format prescribed by the rules, I think the intention was clear - please tell me if I'm mistaken. I'm amending the rules to explicitly allow the use of HEAL: tags to unvote projects.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2418 (isolation #132) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:20 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3-FINAL

With 11 alive, it took 6 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
Aureal (6):
SirCakez (), meowmeow (), Merlyn (), Cat Scratch Fever (), RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
Aureal ()
Enchant (1):
Flavor Leaf ()
RCEnigma (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()

Not voting (2):
Deal With The Devil, Hu Tao ()

projects votes
Sacrifice (5):
Flavor Leaf (), SirCakez (), Hu Tao (), RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
Recount (4):
Merlyn (), Aureal (), Deal With The Devil (), meowmeow ()

Not voting (2):
Cat Scratch Fever, camelCasedSnivy ()

notes
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2419 (isolation #133) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:25 am

Post by biancospino »

flavor
Spoiler: obituaries

Flavor Leaf succumbed to his malady! He was a
Citizen

Aureal was burned at the stake! She was a
Citizen

The following projects will be undertaken overnight:
  • Sacrifice
  • Recount
SirCakez, Hu Tao, RCEnigma and Enchant will discuss the target of Sacrifice in an overnight Council.

The night will end in (expired on 2023-08-25 12:25:18).
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2420 (isolation #134) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:24 am

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of the Fourth Day

The Utopia Times

Vol. XX/N.7380
15th September 2079

Libation to Utopia

It's five in the morrow, and the bells of the Temple sing in festive melanchony. The knife has been prepared, its blade shimmering in the dim light of dawn penetrating the stained glass.

This morrow, the blood of SirCakez bathed the rock of the Altar. It was a gesture of supreme sacrifice, a honorable way to put all of his worth to the service of Utopia. He smiled contently as the swift hand of the High Priest plunged the blade on his beating hearth.

SirCakez belongings have been repossessed by the collectivity. As an act of respect of his devotion to us, anything of value of his hearthly existence shall be assumed and put to use. A lavish banquet will be held at lunch and supper -- a most needed refreshment in this hard times.

There is no need to inquire about the provenience of the pork, which we guarantee is of the best quality.

Is it all crumbling down?

They are closing in.

They are ruining our Paradise. They are now an existential threat to the very being of our enlightened New World.

The assault of the Eagle is fierce, and is breathing on our necks. This is the time where faith must be higher, when the flame of zealotry to our Doctrine must reach higher to engulf the rapacious oppressor. The time is now, or is the death of us.

The time is now, or is the Death of Utopia.

They must not win. For the greatest good of Utopia.

Alarming results of vote recount

There has been an accurate recount of votes cast yesterday. The process was involved, and the poll workest have been peculiarly unlucky with a series of small accidents and oversights for which much duplicate work needed to be done.

Despite all, the recount has been concluded, and the nefarious result is clear; there were one or more of those traitorous cur aiding in Aureal's condemnation.

Today's Weather Report

We are hit by a cyclonic event. Expect heavy precipitation with possibility of thunderstorms and hail.

Low 9°C, High 18°C, humidity of 77--82\% through the day.

N.B.: the picture of the altar is AI-generated

• SirCakez was Sacrificed! He was a
    Citizen
  • Yesterday, there were one or more Insurgents on Aureal's wagon.
  • The budget today is $80,000.
  • modnote: I will be V/LA for the next 12 to 24 hours.
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2421 (isolation #135) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:25 am

Post by biancospino »

BILLBOARD
Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
  • Census ($50,000)
  • Wiretap ($20,000)
  • Torture ($40,000)
    -- torture target. Insurgent will always confess, but innocent Utopians also have a 25% chance of confessing just to escape the supplice.
Voting Manipulation

• Injunction ($30,000)
Miscellanea
  • Raffle ($10,000)
  • Marriage ($20,000)
Developments
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2501 (isolation #136) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:53 am

Post by biancospino »

Well, that was a shorter day than most. I will do the VC shortly; I have no flavor pre-prepared so I will put that in some time later.

Do note that it still
is
technically possible for Town to win even without gamethrowing mechanical blunders from the Insurgence, otherwise I would have called the game already.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2502 (isolation #137) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:12 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 4-FINAL

With 8 alive, it took 4 to decide to execute nobody.

flavor
Spoiler:

execution votes
No Execution (4):
Enchant (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Hu Tao (), Merlyn ()
Enchant (3):
Deal With The Devil (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()

Not Voting (1):
RCEnigma

projects votes
Assassination (7):
Enchant (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Hu Tao (), camelCasedSnivy (), meowmeow (), Deal With The Devil (), Merlyn ()

Not Voting (1):
RCEnigma
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2503 (isolation #138) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:14 am

Post by biancospino »

Nobody has been executed!

Everyone but RCEnigma will be added to an overnight Council to discuss the target of Assassination.

Night 4 begins and will end in (expired on 2023-08-27 14:19:57).
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2504 (isolation #139) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:27 am

Post by biancospino »

I will try to avoid it, but there may be a slight delay in the daystart of 20/30 minutes.

Nevermind, I will be on time
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2505 (isolation #140) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:16 am

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of the Fifth Day

The Utopia Times

Vol XX/N.7309
16th September 2079

Blood has started to pour. Is this just the beginning of their genocide?

The lifeless body of meowmeow has been found, laying on the cold cobblestone in a pool of her own blood.The bastards shot her with a single bullet to the back of the head, at point-blank range. It was a cowardly act of execution, a dishonorable act suitable to the likes of worms and rabid beasts, a senseless and monstrous butchery. They left their prey in full view of the world, as a mocking affront to our holy Commune, and to its enlighted ideals, as a testament to the cruel depravation and inhumanity of the rot pervading the Old World. They have finally shown their true colors, as it was inevitable. This blood, which shall never beforgotten, will forever taint their hands. What of us now, that they have shown us that nothing is off the table of their bloodlust?

Meowmeow will for years everlasting be remembered as the first martyr fallen by the enemy's hand, in our glorious fight against the oppression of the egoism and deceipt of the decadent reach of the falling Person, and its rapacious herald the Eagle.
The ink in our annals will forever mark the first blood spilled in the holy conflict to protect that last bastion of purity an joy; the last ray of the Earthly Paradise which they want snuffed out and corrupted to born the foul Angel.

A monument will be herected in the honor of her martyrdom in the camposanto. Don't let it be in vain. Don't let her be the last martyr.

A fate worthy of a Traitor

Reports of Enchant abetting to unorthodox doctrines abounded. It has been said that he has been outside after curfew. That he held a diary full of writing unconforming to the Doctrine. That, under his shoes, were dirt from outside the Gates. Even, that in the smoky hubbub of the Tavern, that he murmured vainly the name of the Overseer.

The veracity of those allegations is irrelevant, as their mere existence is proof enough to ostracize him as heretic. His corpse, with a slit throat, has been found against the northern Wall. It was thrown in a ditch, and his names striken from the records of Memory: and nothing was lost.

Today's Weather Report

It doesn't matter. The times are too serious an bleak to occupy oneselves with such frivialities.

• Enchant was Assassinated!
  • meowmeow was killed! She was a
    Citizen
Today's budget is $60,000.
Today's billboard:

Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
  • Census ($50,000)
  • Wiretap ($20,000)
  • Torture ($40,000)
    -- torture target. Insurgent will always confess, but innocent Utopians also have a 25% chance of confessing just to escape the supplice.
  • Recount ($60,000)
    -- discover if there were one or more Insurgent on the wagon for the last execution.
Voting Manipulation

• Injunction ($30,000)
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
  • Raffle ($10,000)
  • Marriage ($20,000)
Developments
  • Guildhall ($20,000)

The day will end in (expired on 2023-09-03 15:17:29).
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2510 (isolation #141) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:22 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 5-I

With 6 alive, it taks 4 to hammer.

execution Votes
No Execution (2):
Cat Scratch Fever, Hu Tao

Not Voting (4):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma, camelCasedSnivy

project Votes
Injunction (3):
Cat Scratch Fever, Hu Tao, camelCasedSnivy

Not Voting (3):
Merlyn, Deal With The Devil, RCEnigma
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2526 (isolation #142) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:37 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2522, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
@biancospino for appointed jury, we decide who the members of the jury are as a vote correct?
Yes. 2 out of 3 jurors necessary to cast a secret vote. During council, you vote for a 3p coalition.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2532 (isolation #143) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount FINAL

With 6 alive, it took 3 to decide to execute nobody

execution Votes
No Execution (3):
Cat Scratch Fever, Hu Tao, Deal With The Devil

Not Voting (3):
Merlyn, RCEnigma, camelCasedSnivy

project Votes
Injunction (2):
Cat Scratch Fever, Hu Tao
Appointed Jury (2):
camelCasedSnivy, Deal With The Devil

Not voting (2):
Merlyn, RCEnigma

~~A victory condition has been achieved!~~

Last edited by biancospino on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2533 (isolation #144) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:01 am

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of the Sixth Day?

Congratulations to the
Insurgence
of Enchant, Hu Tao, RCEnigma, Cat Scratch Fever.

PTs, setup and commentary incoming.
For now, I want to say that the game wasn't supposed to end this way; I meant for a n:n situation with no voting manipulation in play to result in a scum win, but I have messed up the wincons, sorry.

Thread open for Post-game Discussion.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2537 (isolation #145) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:05 am

Post by biancospino »

No, actually it was over as soon as the first insurgent voted.

The only way you could win was by buying one of those exact combinations: Mayor/Sac, Mayor/Autopsy, Jury/Sac. The game is over because the Insurgence now have enough money for a redirect
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2541 (isolation #146) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:11 am

Post by biancospino »

I was contempleting letting it go to Night just to troll, but then I though it would be cruel
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2549 (isolation #147) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:20 am

Post by biancospino »

links
All PTs:

Nexus of Operations [Insurgence]:
viewtopic.php?t=91328
Interrogation Room [torture]: viewtopic.php?t=91445
Sacred Altar [sacrifice]: viewtopic.php?t=91460
Hitman's Office [assassination]: viewtopic.php?t=91469
Camposanto [dead/spec]:
viewtopic.php?t=91338
Overseer's Quarters [mod
]:
viewtopic.php?t=91326
Deal With The Devil Hydra PT: viewtopic.php?t=91329

All PTs unlocked.
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2551 (isolation #148) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:24 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2549, Hu Tao wrote: Kudos to enchant for the end game strategy!
Btw, you missed at least two occasions to autowin:
  • During D3, you could send a Gift to a citizen, and then Morph it to Sacrifice or Injunction.
  • During D4, you could hammer Enchant when there were only 2 votes on him, then you had 2 kills at night and would have won.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2555 (isolation #149) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:30 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2555, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I completely forgot about the gift tbh and didn't know it could be sabotaged
But, I esplicitly told you in the PT the one time it was relevant N1 :/
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2558 (isolation #150) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 am

Post by biancospino »

Yeah, 4:9 may not have been the correct ratio. It was balanced like a Nightless plus but probably the scum was quite more powerful than accounted for
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2559 (isolation #151) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:48 am

Post by biancospino »

setup
Spoiler: mech
  • 9:4, no power roles.
  • Each Day, Town votes for up to two actions from a list. It's a plurality vote.
  • Each action has a cost. The Town starts each day with a $60,000 budget (this value can be increased in various ways)
  • Some actions have targets. If one such action is selected, the players who voted for it are added to a PT overnight to decide the targets.
  • The scum has no factional NK. Instead, they have the following factional abilities:
    • apply a modifier from a list to an action (sabotage). Each modifier can only be used once, and has a cost.
    • kill a player; this costs $120,000.
  • scum may not kill more than once per night, and may not ever kill more than once per two sabotages.
  • scum start with 0$, but gain all money that the Town spends, gain $60,000 each Day that the town does nothing, and gain $20,000 each day that the town do only one action.
  • the town is not informed of the scum factional abilities. They are informed of how the scum get their money.
  • no action can be selected by the Town more than twice or more than once in two consecutive days.
  • some actions are classed as "developments"; those generally unlocks new actions. Only one development can be selected per day, and no development can be selected more than once. Developments can't be sabotaged.
  • some actions are investigatives. Their results are public, unless specified otherwise.
  • players may vote in private for a GiftVendor action in addition to everything else, that does nothing, but can be sabotaged. Scum will be only told whether or not a Gift will be vended at all.

Spoiler: Full Billboard
BILLBOARD
Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($10,000)
  • Inquiry ($40,000)
  • Census ($50,000)
  • *Wiretap ($20,000)
  • *Torture ($40,000)
  • *Recount ($60,000)
  • **Parity Check ($50,000)
    -- discover if two Utopians have the same alignment.
  • **Audit ($70,000)
    -- discover exactly how many Insurgent voted target Utopian (alive or dead) yesterday.
Voting Manipulation

• Injunction ($30,000)
  • *Copying Pencil ($10,000)
    -- tomorrow, players may not unvote or change their votes.
  • *Investiture ($40,000)
    -- target Utopian's vote for execution is worth double tomorrow.
  • *Evil Eye ($50,000)
    -- if target Utopian is an Insurgent, they will be cursed, and thus require one fewer vote to be executed tomorrow.
  • **Cangaroo Court ($40,000)
    -- tomorrow, each player may vote for two different players, and there will be up to two executions.
  • **Pardon ($60,000)
    -- if tomorrow's executee is a Citizen, they are pardoned.
Miscellanea
  • Sacrifice ($0)
  • Raffle ($10,000)
  • Marriage ($20,000)
  • *Communal Complex ($20,000)
    -- three Utopians are assigned to a communal living space, thus gaining a Neighborhood PT.
  • *Hero Training ($30,000)
    -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they receive specialized fighting training, thus becoming able to kill in retaliation when they die for any reason.
  • *Transparency ($30,000)
    -- for the rest of the game, the logs of the overnight Council PTs will be made public.
  • **Pumpkin Festival ($0)
    -- this night, each Utopian may send an anonimous message to another Utopian, and a message to the Journal to publish anonimously.
  • **Harvest Gala ($60,000)
    -- tomorrow, players group themselves in couples (players may invite others to a dance, the invitee may accept or decline; at the end of Day, all missing couples are formed at random; on odds, one remains lone). At twilight, it will be announced how many couples were of uneven alignments
Developments
  • Bureau of Investigations ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more investigative projects.
  • *Inquisition Headquarters ($30,000)
  • *Electoral Tribunal ($20,000)
    -- unlocks even more voting manipulation projects.
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
  • *Artificer's Workshop ($30,000)
    -- unlocks even more miscellanea projects.
  • *Merchant Network ($30,000)
    -- ups the daily budget to $90,000.
  • *Newspaper Agency ($30,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish insider reports hinting at whatever shady activity is happening. Due to the difficulty of researching for such pieces, the columnists will produce those with a delay of two full cycles.

Spoiler: List of sabotages
  • Percent ($0)

Insurgents have been issued prototype AX-[REDACTED], that alters the quantum structure of local spacetime to slightly worsen luck, thus causing any one project to fail with a probability of 1/3.

• Infiltrated ($10,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will be broadcasted to the Insurgents.

• Delayed ($20,000)

The sabotaged action will mysteriously require more work than estimated, so that its completion must be delayed one night.

• Overcosted ($20,000)

The sabotaged action will prove costlier than estimated by one-half. The excessive cost will be paid at dawn.

• Naive ($50,000)

The sabotaged action will find it hard to detect any wrongdoing, so that it essentially treats everyone as innocents. This may requires some well-placed bribes.

• Cynic ($70,000)

An increased climate of paranoia will cause the sabotaged action to treat everyone as guilty of high crimes against the cult.

• Noxious ($80,000)

One of the targets of the sabotaged action will be poisoned. The poison is fast acting, lethal and there is no antidote, so the victim will die at the end of the next day; however, it is not overly subtle, and the victim will surely notice the symptoms.

• Redirected ($50,000)

The sabotaged action will target whomever the Insurgent decide, instead of the targets chosen by the Town.

• Morphed ($60,000)

Due to a ''miscommunication'' with external companies tasked to help with the project, the sabotaged action will be replaced with another action chosen by the Insurgence (that action must have the same amount of targets and must not be a vital development, as codified in addendum §1).
The following three sabotage options require a Bureau of Investigation to have been built.
  • Confused ($70,000)

Due to a corruption in the protocols of the Town's own Inquisition, the sabotaged action, provided that it is investigative, will be guaranteed to produce false results.

• Amnesiac ($20,000)

The investigative results of the sabotaged action will be broadcast to the Insurgence, and will not be published by the Journal.

• Private ($30,000)

The investigative results of the sabotaged action will not be published by the Journal, and instead will be delivered privately to each citizen of Utopia (including the Insurgents). The Insurgence may intercept one of those messages and alter it before sending it back.
The following two sabotage options require a Board of Elections to have been built.
  • Fraudulent ($20,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will receive a fraudulent ballot for the execution vote of the next day. Those ballots may be used to cast an additional, secret vote, but only if there are at least two members of the Town more than Insurgents.

• Injurious ($40,000)

The targets of the sabotaged action will be publicly defamed and will require one fewer vote to be executed tomorrow.
The following two sabotage options require a Guildhall to have been built.
  • Defaulting ($30,000)

The external companies tasked to help with the project will all conveniently fail to provide the agreed work, thus causing the sabotaged action to fail tout-court, and its cost to be reimbursed upon the Town.

• Lobbied ($30,000)

A lobbying campaign will convince the Town to undertake the sabotaged action again the following night, and to pay its costs again in full. Citizens that voted for that action to be undertaken this night will be forced to vote for it again.

biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2561 (isolation #152) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:57 am

Post by biancospino »

Btw, the reason the gift is there is to avoid there being a breaking strategy for town of just never buying anything (and forcing scum to do the same or be executed). Then there would be nothing to sabotage and so they would never have a kill regardless of money; 4:9 vanilla nightless would likely be very townsided. The gift serves as a useless thing that can always be there if a thing to sabotage is needed
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2583 (isolation #153) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:06 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 2583, camelCasedSnivy wrote: wait bianco actually went through with it lmao thats kinda funny
Yeah I did kind of process your request without thinking, I was aware the day would end in minutes and I was a little frenzied. I actually have sent the death Notice
after
the quasiProd which is even funnier
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #2597 (isolation #154) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by biancospino »

Yeah, after witnessing how it did play out, 4:9 was definitely not the correct ratio. 3:10 does feel to me like it would be notably townsided thou, town could potentially mislim 6 times and still win which does not sound right. Probably you are right this should have been a large to give you time to do stuff.
Tbf here if you nailed a scum D1 or D2 then there would have been quite a lot more breathing room, but the swing here is likely excessive

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”