ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:46 am

Post by ScottHoward »

blah, this is going to take way too long, and really, im not too interested in having an argument over a period of several weeks. i need instant feedback or its just insane.
so you win fonz, all your points are spot on. perfect logic. totally consistent throughout the game. never contradicted yourself. im humbled by your greatness. you make perfect sense.
i will revert to posting very infrequently, and i suggest the other 2p2ers do as well if they havent already, so we eliminate all spam, because posting "your scumhunting skills are breathtaking" and similar isnt spam. only trying to play fast is spam.

do any of the 2p2ers really want to play this whole game out? cause i would be perfectly happy if we just ended it now.
i mean, 6 months is going to come if we end this game now or not, but its just retarted imo.
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:47 am

Post by ScottHoward »

hitch, you still here? sun?
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 am

Post by ScottHoward »

crap, suns post was like 6 hours ago, my bad
hitch?
poggers should say in or out asap.
gogogog
ScottHoward
ScottHoward
Goon
ScottHoward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:59 am

Post by ScottHoward »

and arent we still waiting for subs?
yeah, this is good
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, my vote on omg_im_innocent_wtf is now void. I see some cases developing, but
mod: Can we have a vote count?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Despite the confrontational tone, Scott Howard made some very valid points I think Fonz should respond to.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:42 am

Post by darkdude »

Vote Count for Day 1

There are 19 Alive, so 10 to Lynch

Wall-E [6] (ScottHoward, M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE, well-named, SiestaGuru, hewitt, zhaorx, )

matrix [3] (The Central Scrutinizer, Hitch, norseman1066, )
Hitch [3] (matrix, The Fonz, Sun Tzu, )
StrangerCoug [1] (Caboose, )
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE [1] (Mada, )
The Central Scrutinizer [0] ()
ScottHoward [0] ()
Sun Tzu [0] ()
The Fonz [0] ()
well-named [0] ()
zhaorx [0] ()
Caboose [0] ()
Stef [0] ()
atakdog [0] ()
norseman1066 [0] ()
SiestaGuru [0] ()
hewitt [0] ()
oEJo [0] ()
Mada [0] ()

No Lynch [0] ()

Not Voting [5] (atakdog, Stef, oEJo, StrangerCoug, Wall-E, )
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:44 am

Post by hewitt »

What a shocker, OMG was vanilla townie. I'm just oh so surprised. Anyways, scotthoward made a couple of really good points. And I also still have no idea who's a 2p2 player and who's a ms player...except scotthoward...that one's pretty obvious.

So why were we targeting OMG in the first place again? Besides the whole fake claim thing because a couple of people did that and it's more consistent with his gamestyle anyways so that's a crap reason.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:46 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

hewitt wrote:What a shocker, OMG was vanilla townie. I'm just oh so surprised. Anyways, scotthoward made a couple of really good points. And I also still have no idea who's a 2p2 player and who's a ms player...except scotthoward...that one's pretty obvious.

So why were we targeting OMG in the first place again? Besides the whole fake claim thing because a couple of people did that and it's more consistent with his gamestyle anyways so that's a crap reason.
His refusal to explain squat and his damn holier-than-thou attitude.

Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Hitch »

I'm thinking scott is a townie, and a good scum hunter imo.

People should now converge on either WallE, Matrix or myself.

caboose, mada, atakdog,oEJo, StrangerCoug, Wall-E, this means you.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Sun Tzu wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:What are your reads then and why do you only show up when someone mentions you?
Because I'm waiting for a bunch of you fuckers to die so that we can get on with the real game. How am I supposed to scumhunt with 29 pages of fluff?
This post was my main issue with TCS. It seems so over the top with indignation or anger for a game that it seemed fake to me.

whatever

chill out
My indignation is constant and always over the top... it's a serious personality flaw.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm

But I may just have a career in stand-up comedy.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 pm

The fact that OMG is a vanilla townie gives us information.

Who was on his wagon?
possibly
comment."
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by atakdog »

I'm back. Stomach flu, or whatever it was, seems to have passed.

A variety of thoughts, then I'm out again for the day:

I guess it was inevitable that OMG got himself modkilled; SH may find himself next. The game will be poorer for it in terms of content, though I do wish my own contingent could dispense with the name calling and ranting, which clearly aren't appropriate here.

On day one, whether it last 20 minutes in a POG turbo or a month in a mafiascum epic, just isn't ever going to be high on content. (Cue Fonz telling me that if I were a good scum hunter it would be; cue me not caring much about his opinion, but nevertheless watching to see what actually comes of all this.) Hence, my own scumhunting at this stage is tone-based, which makes it nigh on worthless in a game composed half of people whom I know and half pf people whose approach to the game is sufficiently different that I can't read them. And this in turn means I'm not expecting to contribute much to raising the likelihood of nailing a scum today. Deal with it; the game is won at the end, not on day one.

I'm pleased that OMG turned up vanilla, as I expected -- I doubt those who were trying to get him lynched will be at all chagrined. (After all, what he did was so anti-town, it had to be a scum tell...! Pshaw.)

I'm not voting Wall-E. Not now, not for a while. Why? Because so far he's the only MSer, and maybe the only player, who seems to be making a genuine effort to bridge the divide between the two cultures. Even if he's mafia (which I have no reason to believe), this sufficiently pro-town that he should not be considered for lynching. (Others who seem to be trying to speak both languages: Fonz, but too often he either misses, or, I believe, ignores, critical differences -- see, e.g., his discussion of zhaorx's ending the joke vote period, and how reasonable [by MS standards] the resulting votes on him were, with no mention of the possibility -- which is true -- that zhaorx's reasons were fine by POG [which = 2p2] standards; Sun, but he needs to be more active before he can be cleared; and me, for a while, but my illness the past week clearly takes me out of that category, and I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get back into the flow of the game.)

I don't want to vote Matrix. I started the case against him, but since then I think he's acquitted himself fairly well; also, I understand the argument that the post I found scummy may really be characteristic of village matrix.

I see no reason to vote Hitch. He's playing exactly as I woudl expect him to play as a villager, including the efforts at wagon consolidation that Fonz doesn't like.

I get a sour taste in my mouth when I read TCS's stuff, but I don't know yet whether he's mafia or just trying to be difficult.

the only who bothers me most so far is Hewitt. He's really done nothing -- but that's the point. He's been in follower mode the entire game, and while that occurs moderately frequently in POG games I'm guessing it's rarer here, when people have more time to think things through for themselves. I don't profess to be able to read a MSer's tone, but if he were one of us I'd say he seems to be adopting several apparently influential players (presumably townies, if he's scum) and following them without actually adding anything for which he can be tried later. I don't like it.

The foregoing is based on having read just the last three pages recently; I have not reread what transpired before. If I've missed something huge, I'm sure it will get pointed out.

vote: Hewitt
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
hewitt wrote:What a shocker, OMG was vanilla townie. I'm just oh so surprised. Anyways, scotthoward made a couple of really good points. And I also still have no idea who's a 2p2 player and who's a ms player...except scotthoward...that one's pretty obvious.

His refusal to explain squat and his damn holier-than-thou attitude.
As opposed to any rational reason to believe that his behavior in the thread, given his history, made him more likely to be scum than rand().
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by atakdog »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:The fact that OMG is a vanilla townie gives us information.

Who was on his wagon?
oEJo, StrangerCoug, omg_im_innocent_wtf, zhaorx, Wall-E

For MSers this doesn't mean a lot, because he was an easy policy lynch, thought it's town points for anyone who was pursuing anyone else (i.e, matrix).

I forget (really -- I've been very sick, and what attention I had available was directed elsewhere) why zhaorx was on omg, but I can tell you that if he doesn't have a good explanation, it's pretty scummy from him, as he knows how omg plays, respects it, and is very much into FPS himself.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by atakdog »

Note: my list of those who seem to trying to get the sides cooperating was not meant to be comprehensive (for example, Hitch has been, also), but Wall-E still stands out in that regard.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

this day 1 has been played out

im just not interested in reading bickering about game styles and blah blah meow cheow metagmes

i just want day 2 and my posting frequency is probably going to remain v v low until such time
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by hewitt »

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:this day 1 has been played out

im just not interested in reading bickering about game styles and blah blah meow cheow metagmes

i just want day 2 and my posting frequency is probably going to remain v v low until such time
I still don't see the difference between the 2p2 players and the ms players.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

The people not voting or posting need to be banned.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I like mafiascum because I couldn't handle the fast pace of chess by mail.

I'm going to go watch the grass grow. I'll check back here next month.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sun Tzu wrote:I like mafiascum because I couldn't handle the fast pace of chess by mail.
xD

matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by matrix »

am I the only person here who really has no clue what OMG was trying with regard to his early role claim??

Does oEJo's response tell us much about oEJo ? - short sharp vehement denial followed by voting to lynch the liar.

Seems the easy fashionable trend to follow now is to claim apathy and post very little.

hmmmmm.

I'm less happy with my Hitch vote - I could well vote for zhaorx at this point or m1ke.

Still not liking the majority of TCS's posts who remains my #1 suspect

vote: The Central Scrutinzer

noted that his posting style is consistant with previous games and not neccesarily indicative of scummyness.

Not sure what to make of Hitch being somewhat happy that he is on the slate. Seems Townie on the face of it.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by matrix »

oh and FTR - having read the fonz long post I was almost convinced to not vote TCS - a couple of later posts Sun switching vote for example cemented that.

And then we got 3 rapid fire posts from TCS that said nothing apart from noting that we got info from OMG getting modkilled, which is very obvious and strkes me as something a Mafioso would post to try and look helpful, without actually being helpful.

TCS goes back to the top of my pile.

[as an aside I do find it amusing that OMG got modkilled for using a certain word, when various other players in this game have used other profanities without recourse, it's odd how some words these days have become accepted, yet others have not, when not all that long ago any such expletives were all equally prohibited]
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I agree that #862 is scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”