Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Spoiler: Vote Counts Day 4
In post 1720, Baezu wrote:
acryon
: (2) Farside22, Titus
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Riddleton, Green Crayons

Not Voting:
acryon
, Curiouskarmadog ,
ChannelDelibird
Amy Farrah Fowler

In post 1753, Baezu wrote:
acryon
: (2) Farside22, Titus
Curiouskarmadog : (2) Riddleton, Green Crayons

Not Voting:
acryon
, Curiouskarmadog ,
ChannelDelibird
Amy Farrah Fowler

In post 1818, Baezu wrote:
acryon
: (3) Farside22, Titus,
ChannelDelibird

Farside22: (2)
Amy Farrah Fowler
, Green Crayons

Not Voting:
acryon
, Curiouskarmadog , Riddleton

In post 1878, Baezu wrote:
Amy Farrah Fowler
, Green Crayons
acryon
: (1) Titus
ChannelDelibird
: (1)
acryon

Not Voting: Curiouskarmadog , Riddleton,
ChannelDelibird
, Farside22

Titus staying on acryon even after his claim, I think, makes her likely town. I experienced that very same instinct and I think that it would be difficult for scum to fake even my level of investment in that case, let alone to an even further extent. At this point there's enough that I'm willing to rule out voting for Titus.

In post 1967, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog : (3) Titus,
ChannelDelibird
, Riddleton
ChannelDelibird
: (2) Curiouskarmadog ,
acryon

Amy Farrah Fowler
, Green Crayons
Amy Farrah Fowler
: (1) Farside22

Not Voting:

In post 1986, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog : (3) Titus,
ChannelDelibird
, Riddleton
ChannelDelibird
: (2) Curiouskarmadog ,
acryon

Amy Farrah Fowler
, Green Crayons
Amy Farrah Fowler

Not Voting:

In post 2089, Baezu wrote:
Amy Farrah Fowler
: (3) Farside22, Green Crayons,
ChannelDelibird

Curiouskarmadog : (2) Titus, Riddleton
Farside22: (1)
Amy Farrah Fowler

ChannelDelibird
acryon

Not Voting: Curiouskarmadog

Mod Notes:
Since no lynch was actually reached, the person with majority of votes is lynched. Amy Farrah Fowler has been lynched.

Ooh, I'd forgotten that we essentially no-lynched Amy. Need to check how farside first got on this one as I more or less remember GC's switch and, being as it was mostly the same as mine, I'm reasonably happy with it. Without having reread Yesterday since it happened, feel like Amy is definitely one of the people whom a last remaining scum out of eight players would want to try to lynch in order to force the win. That doesn't look great for farside.

What I got out of that overall (for now, at least):

Strongly read Titus as town.

Not a lot from CKD that made me want to go back and check if he was being sneaky. General impression is that he was individualistic to the point of avoiding having a serious say in wagons and that sounds like behaviour more likely to come from town than scum to me. Read town.

GC raised the next fewest issues for me, though there's maybe a few things I should go over. Extraneously from the VCA, I also think that he expresses his ideas and thought processes much more clearly than farside does, and that makes me understand his side better in argumenst like theirs. I don't want that to influence me unduly but, as with his scrambles case on Day 3, I'm inclined to think that clarity of thought is more likely to come from town than scum.

A couple of things from Riddleton on Day 2 in particular that I want to look into. Townread not as solid as it used to be.

Most questions are about farside, though, really. Again, will definitely be rereading around those things but, combined with the stuff I raised last night, this is starting to feel like something I want to explore. I definitely want the farside-v-GC argument to go the fuck away because it's obnoxiously loud and long, and right now I'm definitely inclined to want farside gone first.

VOTE: farside
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh, FFS, I really didn't want a page break there.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:53 pm

In the meantime, just going over some more recent stuff and picking out random bits to which to respond.

In post 2418, Riddleton wrote:If, hypothetically, you had knowledge that scrambles easily broke under pressure as he did in D3

...why would he know that? GC, have you played with scrambles-scum before?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 pm

In post 2443, farside22 wrote:Someone wake me when GC explains his town read day 4 to scum read day 5, other then him pointing to riddles post.
Because I already showed he had me and cbd prior to CKD today.

Boggles my mind that you would expect people to be so solid and unflinching in their reads in a game that has dragged on so confusingly with absolutely zero consensus. We couldn't even agree to properly lynch our lynch Yesterday, ferchrisssakes.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my vote at this point. The actual reread will, again, be tomorrow but as of now my preference order is farside > Riddleton > GC > CKD > Titus.
#greenshirtthursdays
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2446, Green Crayons wrote:Yeah, I acknowledge all of that, and I don't find that scummy.

(Hilarious though that the line of logic you just embraced about your own vote decision making is part of why farside suspects me.)

I found you seizing upon farside's bad justification for a vote as additional justification for switching from CKD to me to be suspicious. You've already laid the non-alignment indicative groundwork for you voting either CKD or GC today. Making a last minute grab for "oh and this other stuff" as you switch your vote strikes me as attempting to preemptively - but unnecessarily - CYA.

It's not bad justification, it's whats happening in this game.

Comments like "Let's go with Riddle's intuition" etc -- certain points in this game you've acted as if you needed my go ahead to vote someone. Particularly of note is the Scrambles wavering D3 (solidifed your vote on Scrambles because you 'trust me') and the retreat from CKD to Farside D4 (which came after I presented my case on you.)
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2452, ChannelDelibird wrote:In the meantime, just going over some more recent stuff and picking out random bits to which to respond.

In post 2418, Riddleton wrote:If, hypothetically, you had knowledge that scrambles easily broke under pressure as he did in D3

...why would he know that? GC, have you played with scrambles-scum before?

He would be able to figure that out from interactions in the thread and possibly in the QT.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2453, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 2443, farside22 wrote:Someone wake me when GC explains his town read day 4 to scum read day 5, other then him pointing to riddles post.
Because I already showed he had me and cbd prior to CKD today.

Boggles my mind that you would expect people to be so solid and unflinching in their reads in a game that has dragged on so confusingly with absolutely zero consensus. We couldn't even agree to properly lynch our lynch Yesterday, ferchrisssakes.

Hun, my reads change, I expect change. I also expect a reason he had to change his reads back to CKD, which is what I have asked repeatedly.
I'm not asking for what he said prior, I'm asking why he switched from town to scum today.
Everything he posted towards riddle reads as though he does not scum read CKD at all.
If you want to quote where he felt CKD was scum today other then as possible 3rd scum (I guess), then let me know.
I'll seriously bite you when I flip town if you vote riddle over GC.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I have not played with scrambles before.

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't the entire Titus-versus-scrambles exchange actually result in scrambles explaining that he wasn't new to the game of mafia, just to MS?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1270, scrambles wrote:
In post 1259, Titus wrote:Alright scrambles, just how experienced are you? I need to know this in order to know how to exactly read you. What is the name of your homesite?

vgchartz

In post 1271, scrambles wrote:my handle is theprof00

I nominate Riddle to do the legwork and see if scrambles' experience at vgchartz under "theprof00" buttresses or undermines Riddle's speculation that there was a comment in the scum QT from scrambles admitting that he was inexperienced.

Since it is his theory after all.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 5.06
(L-2)
Farside22: (2) Green Crayons, ChannelDelibird
Curiouskarmadog : (1) Curiouskarmadog
(L-2)
Green Crayons: (2) Farside22, Riddleton
Riddleton: (1) Titus

Not Voting:

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-11-25 17:49:00)

Mod Notes:
None
[/area]
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mod unvote in 24 10.

but

unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:13 am

In post 2459, Green Crayons wrote: vgchartz

so is this the site I seek?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 am

CDB, why dont you do today's vote analysis too. I know you dont have a flip to go on, but you can still review it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

vgchartz is in reference to scrambles's offsite mafia experience. I have no idea what site Riddle has played mafia on that isn't MS.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 am

I see.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 am

Eh, alright, CKD. I'll indulge you and do it, although I don't really know what I expect to find from it. I'm frankly more concerned about not having a picture of the end of the Day to analyse how the final wagon happened than I am about showing where confirmed scum and town voted, but both are a problem.

In order to get at least a semblance of narrowing-down, I'm going to colour in a different blue Titus and CKD, whom I think are the most likely town.

Spoiler: Day 5 Vote Counts
In post 2176, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog
: (2) Riddleton,
Curiouskarmadog

Riddleton: (1)
Titus

Titus
Farside22: (1) Green Crayons

Not Voting:
ChannelDelibird

In post 2213, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog
: (2) Riddleton, Green Crayons
Titus

Titus
Green Crayons: (1)
Curiouskarmadog

Not Voting:
ChannelDelibird

In post 2256, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog
Titus

Titus
Green Crayons: (1)
Curiouskarmadog

Not Voting:
ChannelDelibird

In post 2314, Baezu wrote:
Green Crayons: (2)
Curiouskarmadog
, Farside22
Curiouskarmadog
Titus

Not Voting:
ChannelDelibird

In post 2396, Baezu wrote:
Curiouskarmadog
: (3) Riddleton, Green Crayons,
Curiouskarmadog

Titus

Green Crayons: (1) Farside22

Not Voting:
ChannelDelibird

So farside and Titus both have an opportunity to hammer CKD. Titus doesn't because he's not a viable lynch for her. Should refresh myself on farside's stance but certainly my impression over the last couple of pages is that voting you when the opportunity arrives is not something that she could do naturally, especially if she'd just moved to join you on the GC wagon. So I don't think that a failure to hammer is at all exonerating.

In post 2460, Baezu wrote:
Farside22: (2) Green Crayons,
ChannelDelibird

Green Crayons: (2) Farside22, Riddleton
Curiouskarmadog
Curiouskarmadog

Titus

Not Voting:

Eh, main thing I got from this is to review farside's Titus vote at the start of Today to see what her reasons were. Might be that a theory of mine about how the scum in this game would think can be applied to it. Hang on...
#greenshirtthursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:59 am

Post by farside22 »

My thought about GC came because he makes a comment liked this.

In post 2246, Green Crayons wrote:If you think CKD is first or second most likely to be scum, then you should vote CKD today.

If you think CKD is only fourth of fifth likely to be scum, then you shouldn't vote CKD at all.

The middle spot - third most likely to be scum - is where it gets tricky. If CKD gets lynched today and flips town, the worst that will happen from your position is that your first two candidates for scum will survive the two NKs, along with yourself, thereby requiring you to reevaluate your reads.

However if you read post 2324, quoted last, it doesn't read like he is reading CKD town and I pointed out previous to this he had cbd as scum as a second choice prior to this.

In post 2274, Green Crayons wrote:I don't know if you're being willfully ignorant of the context in which the statement was made, or just throwing shit at the wall to avoid being lynched as scum.

I set up a logical progression: Riddle accepts the conclusion that farside is scum if (1) CKD flips town and (2) I am town. I therefore set up the points to get to that conclusion by stating (1) if CKD flips town and (2) I know I am town, thus I will be able to get Riddle to the conclusion.

This is where I see a motive with lynches. I know I'm town so his move to CKD and saying he could convince riddle on my lynch if CKD is town makes me read lining up lynches for a scum win.

In post 2324, Green Crayons wrote:So, Riddle, is CKD putting himself at L-1 still part of his gambit?

If he's scum, he's literally relying solely upon WIFOM to stop his lynch. There's at least one more likely candidate for today - myself - that he could probably convince at least Titus to join over Riddle, to add to his and farside's votes.

Like, it's a pretty bad scum strategy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Hypothesis: After losing their second buddy, scum had some idea of most likely mislynch targets to narrow down the numbers from 8-1 town-scum to 1-1. Assuming that the doctor never successfully protected, scum had to budget for needing three mislynches and four nightkills to save the game (as town likely no-lynches on either Day 5 or 6 if they haven't already won by that point).

As of scrambles's flip, I think the most likely mislynch targets were probably among the group (Amy, acryon, CKD). Maybe I'd be in there as well but not sure. Anyway - when I've been scum in this position, my instinct has been to push quite hard to get the easier lynches out of the way quickly, so I'm inclined to think that the scum in this game is more likely to push to lynch one of them pretty early on in Day 4.

A nightkill on Kalimar came first, though, and I do want to look into that a bit. Toby was widely townread so would have been a tough sell as a mislynch but I figured I'd better check Kalimar's reads in his brief time in this game to see if there was a particularly good reason for any player to want him dead sooner rather than later.

So: Kalimar doubted that either acryon or Amy would make a plausible partner for scrambles. He somewhat favoured a lynch on me as of here and had some paranoia of Titus and farside. And that's basically it (his highest suspect, Amy, would have pretty much disappeared after scrambles's flip). So, if the scum was *not* doc-hunting with this shot, killing Kalimar would somewhat benefit a) a scum who wanted to pursue an acryon or Amy lynch on Day 4 and/or b) scum!Titus or scum!farside. However, I mostly agree with GC here that the main motivation in the nightkill was to get rid of one of the least viable mislynch targets.

Early on Day 4, Riddleton votes CKD but fairly strongly speaks out against the possibility of acryon being scum. If he's scum, that's a way to make things difficult for yourself but I suppose that I wouldn't rule out Riddleton doing that. farside, meanwhile, gets stuck on in acryon. GC leans away from suspicion on me, seems happy enough to ignore acryon but leaves his options pretty open for revisiting him later, and lists Amy and CKD in his three people on whom to focus. Of the three, farside is marginally the best fit for the theory, but nothing clear-cut yet.

GC then gets townpoints for finding reasonably solid reasons for townreading both acryon and Amy, as well as continuing to back up a growing townread on me. If he's scum, CKD is the easiest mislynch for which he's positioning himself at this point. Not impossible, but doing it the hard way.

Riddleton then unvotes CKD after a nonspecific reread and backs away from the vote. Again, if he's scum, he's making this tough. He's certainly not in a position to career from this into an acryon vote.

Honestly, around page 71, I'm rereading much of GC's case on farside for the first time (yes, we've finally hit the game that actually drove me to read wallposts) and I'm liking a lot of it. He does end up with a list of remaining lynch candidates that reads Amy, acryon, CKD, farside, so that's a little bit of a problem given the above theory, but farside is at the head of it and he's approaching that vote with the same rigour as his excellent scrambles case. I'm just... I'm just not really feeling GC as scum. It's so hard to engage with that as a serious possibility given his consistent, thorough, effective approach to this game.

tl;dr
Of the remaining people whom I think have a chance of being scum, farside again looks the worst based on her start to Day 4 and I really can't see myself voting for GC any time soon either. Honestly, this game feels a lot easier once I stopped taking it as gospel that Beli's early vote on farside was an immutable towntell for her.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 pm

First big post from farside after acryon's claim blew apart her preferred lynch:

In post 1914, farside22 wrote:Didn't get the time I needed yesterday.

I thought about this game last night and the players.

Town:
GC: I think is town. The push on scrambles and back and forth I can not see coming from scum
Riddle: Pretty much the same as GC
Acryon: Claimed doc

Leaning Town
CBD: I know what I said about chaos but bird came in and analysis the game and I felt myself agree with many of the things he said from the start.

Not sure/paranoid:

Titus - I know the girl voted for scrambles and beli but I had that paranoid moment because how little I see from her as far as reasons. The idea of bussing and just floating buy did enter my thoughts last night.

Ckd: -All I recalled from ckd was skelda. I don't know if he responded to why he thought chaos(cbd) with how the interaction was during day 1 and 2 when I pushed the case on chaos. I know scum bus but that hard and that much just don't make sense. I haven't really read today, but most of the time has been just asking questions and not much else.

AFF - Early on good then just not involved. She pushed the case on beli for pretty meh reasoning and just kept the vote there. Day 2, was the, this should happen and voted Beli, with the pressure on beli yesterday from others, this seems more like the best play for scum to make. Also once the pressure was off Amy day 3 after the beli lynch she was non response and non interaction with Scrambles. I have seen no opinion from her after the lynches on scum and has just coasted by the game.

Vote: Amy

Will have more Saturday

Funny how the possibility of Titus trying to float by on towncred for bussing two buddies only now occurs to her. Titus also happens to be a player whom newly conftown acryon has expressed openness towards lynching.
#greenshirtthursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Cbd: your taking about GC town reading amy but at the end he changes and votes for amy.
He's kept his options open since day four.

Also I tend to think about games when I sleep and things dawn on me I hadn't considered
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm

I am still rereading Day 4, as should be obvious from my last post. I'm just explaining that in all of my various rereads I keep finding things that I like about GC's play.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Also, hang on, WHAT? GC townreading Amy? That's not a thing that I mention in the above large post, because it's not a thing that happened. As evidenced in both that post and in this from GC's that I've just reached in my read, Amy was part of his viable lynch pool. I even made a point of commenting on that above.
Last edited by Baezu on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2472, ChannelDelibird wrote:Also, hang on, WHAT? GC townreading Amy? That's not a thing that I mention in the above large post, because it's not a thing that happened. As evidenced in both that post and in this from GC's that I've just reached in my read, Amy was part of his viable lynch pool. I even made a point of commenting on that above.

You said it here:

GC then gets townpoints for finding reasonably solid reasons for townreading both acryon and Amy, as well as continuing to back up a growing townread on me. If he's scum, CKD is the easiest mislynch for which he's positioning himself at this point. Not impossible, but doing it the hard way.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Mod:
If you get a chance to fix that broken link my last post, I'd appreciate it.

fixed

Anyway, just checking in to say that I think GC's switch to Amy over CKD at deadline Yesterday was perfectly fine.

PEDIT: Well, I suck at remembering things I just wrote. I am going to double-check the shift there, because I think there is a difference between how he presented the two reads (one was a line about something for which she got townpoints, one was a list of people who should and shouldn't be considered as more-or-less cleared)
Last edited by Baezu on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”