She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1444, Froot Loop wrote:
In post 1430, Froot Loop wrote:
@Titus - I agree that Max is still scummy. He's voted for Huntress before so this is going back to a previous thought. He seems kind of apathetic and isn't responding much to the suspicion on him. This is subjective, so I don't think it's AI, but it's not doing anything to change my opinion.

I think it is AI.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:23 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1447, Roshar wrote:Yo, Mhs, what is your opinion on the allegation (singular) Lowell made against me?

You've been stating recently that you've found me off for one reason or another, and you've stated you'll embark on a re-read of my ISO. You haven't held true with that.

I've been kind of going back and forth on you tbh. With that in mind...

1) How experienced are you at mafia? I see you've been on the site a while but it doesn't look like you've been in many games.
2) Do you have a game where you've been mafia? If so can you point me to it? I skimmed your meta but it looks like all town flips (I easily could have missed something though).

PS Those questions have a point, I promise.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 1408, Maxous wrote:Huntress votes Roshar for a quite a while.
Lowell and Roshar have a big back and forth and then Huntress...writes #1371 and pops out again.
like, didn't even address or comment on it at all.

I think you must have missed this :
In post 1371, Huntress wrote:I'm only pushing one read at the moment.
The others are sitting on the back burner because I want to reread some stuff in context first and then update my reads.
I should be able to do some of that tomorrow.

How is that "not even addressing or commenting on it at all"? I just wanted to get it in context first.

Tomorrow is here and I'm reading through this now.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Roshar »

1)I've only been in one completed game in mafia scum. That's Wiki 2 Mafia. I was town.

2) Not here, no. I've played off site in pm games (maybe 15 or so). They're much shorter (5 days long) and are heavily pm based. Everything usually happens behind the scenes.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Roshar »

In post 1411, Titus wrote:I think Maxous is flailing scum here, looking for things to attack. He sees that his initial offer on Lowell is gaining little traction, so he sheep's the first case stated by someone else on Huntress. His big deal is Huntress didn't comment. Yet, Maxous completely ignored the allegation by Lowell that Roshar was fishing for votes on him.

You mean he accused Huntress of not analyzing my interaction with Lowell, yet he didn't analyze Lowell himself - who was his scum read. If that's what you meant then, I can see your point. I.e He should be analyzing a slot he finds scummy himself. Although I've learned town can find people scummy for things they've unconsciously done themselves. So, on the whole, I'd be hesitant to derive much out of this.

What I thought was scummy was that despite Huntress not commenting on anything, and was essentially prod-dodging, he made it seem like she was purposely avoiding commenting on me.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Ircher »

Day 2 ends at the appointed time. Garmr replaces shaddowez
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Ircher »

Vote Count - Day 2 VC #7Titus (0) -
Mhsmith (0) -
Huntress (1) -
Froot (0) -
Johnny (0) -
Max (2) - ,
FA_Q2 (1) -
Garmr (0) -
Plain (0) -
Lowell (1) -
Rosh (2) - ,
No Lynch (0) -
Not Voting (4) - Garmr, Froot, Mhsmith, Rosh

DeadlineDay 2 will end on May 2 5:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2016-05-02 17:30:00).

Lynch ThresholdWith 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Mod NotesGarmr replaced Shaddowez.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Garmr »

Hey hey hey I will read up.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1454, Roshar wrote:
In post 1411, Titus wrote:I think Maxous is flailing scum here, looking for things to attack. He sees that his initial offer on Lowell is gaining little traction, so he sheep's the first case stated by someone else on Huntress. His big deal is Huntress didn't comment. Yet, Maxous completely ignored the allegation by Lowell that Roshar was fishing for votes on him.

You mean he accused Huntress of not analyzing my interaction with Lowell, yet he didn't analyze Lowell himself - who was his scum read. If that's what you meant then, I can see your point. I.e He should be analyzing a slot he finds scummy himself. Although I've learned town can find people scummy for things they've unconsciously done themselves. So, on the whole, I'd be hesitant to derive much out of this.

What I thought was scummy was that despite Huntress not commenting on anything, and was essentially prod-dodging, he made it seem like she was purposely avoiding commenting on me.

I'll respectfully disagree on the first paragraph.

Agree on the second.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:34 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 1436, a plain farmer wrote:I'll try to comment on some other things tomorrow, but for now I'll address a couple things directed to me:

In post 1413, Froot Loop wrote:
In post 1405, a plain farmer wrote:Faq's seems rather fabricated to me, and trying to snowball a wagon would be a something I'd expect from scum at this time of day. Lowell was right when he suggested his general unhelpfulness up to this point makes him the easy wagon to jump on, so his would be a good choice for scum looking to make one of the wagons the frontrunner.

What is about FAQ's post which makes you think it was fabricated?

The way FAQ contends that Lowell is scummy is rather implicit and oblique. "Why go there and ignore Rosh's push back?" and "This statement really does not make sense." are things he could say to let readers piece together in their own minds why Lowell is scum, giving FAQ the benefit of the doubt, and allowing him to say that he's town and he was merely a little bit lazy with that post.

That makes no sense at all. If I were trying to hedge then I wouldn't have voted there and certainly would not still be pushing lowell to bother to respond to the posts - something he has not done.

Then consider the circumstances: the day is winding down, his vote made Lowell the largest wagon, and Lowell is a rather easy vote at the moment. It reeks to me of subtly trying to direct the town towards a mislynch.

In post 1428, FA_Q2 wrote:0The interesting thing about this statement (and your vote) is that applies equally to what you just pulled. Further, you avoided anything I have actually stated, utterly ignored the case I put forth and essentially said I am scum because I voted loewll. Not even a question or a challenge for me to answer.

Very poor vote :/

I did leave you a thing to chew on:
In post 1403, a plain farmer wrote:I'm still interested in the answer to this question, btw, even though he seems to have moved on:

In post 1321, a plain farmer wrote:@Fack: Is the Johnny vote because of the "threatening"? And is it really worse in your eyes than what you saw Titus doing?

That had nothing to do with my statements so no, that is not 'something to chew on.' In all fairness though I did not see your question though and it dies deserve an answer. Johnny's action were not worse than titus but were something that might have yielded some more information with a vote. Something I did not think I was going to get with titus. I still do not like the interaction between the two of them mostly considering that titus is laying very low this game and hard tunneling one slot. It seemed to have gone nowhere though as johnny simply ignored the vote and lowell is more deserving of a vote atm.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Lowell »

@titus- I don't understand the "max is flailing scum" here. I don't see it. And I almost always think everyone is flailing.

Can we get a lynch here or what. rosh is correct, but I'll pretty much lynch anyone save for titus, huntress, APL, and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting right now.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Maxous »

i have glazed over this game a lot but let's see.

RadiantCowbells
Titus
- I thought RC was towny on my first read. Titus is tunneling me and wanting to talk even though she won't talk about huntress with me so i'm finding it hard to have an opinion on her here.

mhsmith0
- He seems okay. Could be scum though.

KainTepes Jeanne11
Huntress
- as i said, i didn't like any of the 3 players in this slot.

Froot Loop
- Yeah, seems townish. Pretty assertive and prodding without jumping down people's throats

Frozen Angel Pisskop
JohnnyFarrar
- Frozen Angel and Pisskop were both really town so I would be very inclined to think town here.

Maverick1102
FA_Q2
- I've glazed over FA quite a bit but I did like Maverick as town

shaddowez
Garmr - Maybe scum? Shaddowez was very null to me

a plain farmer
- Could be scum I guess. Coasting a bit and arguments seem to be critiqued quite a bit? I fully admit I haven't paid close attention to him recently though

Lowell
- Seems a bit hard to read but eh, if I had to choose gonna go with town atm.

Roshar
- Still think she's town. The late-day freakout at Clumsy etc. seems a lot more town than scum, IMO
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Roshar has done a few things that have pinged me a bit:
- seeming overreaction to clumsy's including her in the list of people he'd consider lynching (which was IIRC basically half the board), notably at and later
- making sure we know that she's taking responsibility for the Clumsy lynch, see , ,
- possibly buddying/chainsaw defending of me, notably at , (although I think her points were entirely reasonable)
- a bit of an over-emphasis on the mechanics side of the neighbor discussion wrt Nos

Those things seem on the surface wolfy... but they're also pretty solidly in range of relatively new town. I'm reminded of a quote about my play (I was town) in my first game...

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... us#p860884
Oh, ok. I misunderstood. Not lying, just really, really, disliked Greg so much that he considered total absence better than the posts Greg offered when he returned. That's some pretty serious hostility. Only town gets that self-righteous

There's a certain "HOW DARE YOU" aspect of Roshar's interaction with Clumsy EOD1. For someone really experienced, I'd be really suspicious. For a newer player, whose town meta seems to be aggressive play... much less so. Ditto the "I'm taking responsibility for clumsy lynch and making sure you guys know it".
The more I look at this, the more I think that Roshar is simply talking about whatever the hell she wants to talk about at any given moment, as opposed to it being strategic in some way. Overall more of a newish town than a newish scum feel to her ISO and behavior. Newish scum tend not to be this open and aggressive (or at least not that I've seen).

As far Lowell's specific allegation...
In post 1339, Lowell wrote:
In post 1337, Roshar wrote:And excuse me if I'm not extremely confident in my scum reads. Not everyone plays the game like you do, Lowell. Excuse me if I like to get fresh input on the main wagon (esp after Clumsy had new posts). What is the point of asking players already on the wagon for their recent feedback? Their vote already is on Clumsy. The only logical reason is to see if they've changed their opinions after Clumsy's recent posting. So how the hell is this pushing the Clumsy wagon?

Nice try, but no. It's not that you wanted "fresh input." If you had, you would have asked someone who hadn't already weighed in. You asked me specifically because you
already knew
my view on clumsy and wanted me to be my typical bombastic self and move the wagon forward so you wouldn't have to.

Relating to Roshar's
In post 1089, Roshar wrote:In terms of Clumsy's actual content, I don't feel better about it. It's more him feeling bad about being a liability. That parts kinda getting to me. B/c that would be the correct town response to being falsely accused as town. But shouldn't there be some anger and bitterness too? Like 'Screw you guys, I hope it hurts when I flip town?'
Now, on to the actual content. I don't like how his read on me changed. Reading something the first time and thinking it's town, then going back and thinking it's scummy, is a thing. But vice-versa, reading something and finding it scummy the first time, then upon a reread thinking it's town, is just never a thing that has occurred to me. Which makes me think his read on me the first time was empty and going with the flow of things.
He gives lukewarm reads without backing them up and easily retracts them. His read on froot has changed as well, and it's almost making me feel like he gave his original town read on Froot just to appease us.
But his tone is making me hesitate.
Input anyone? Mhs, Apf, replacements maybe?
What do you think Lowell?

I guess I can't completely disregard the possibility that Lowell is correct... but given that she's asking a pretty wide range of people, AND in the context of what comes across as a legit "I really don't know" moment, I struggle to see it as any kind of solid piece of evidence against her. See also

In post 1152, Roshar wrote:Indeed.
@
Nosferatu,
(mhs and APF too if you can) what's your read on Max and him advocating Huntress for the lynch in (her only post with game content at the time of the scum read was and Jeanne's and ) and then his subsequent vote on her a couple pages later? Last I remember you were giving Jake a town read (and he gave you a town read as well). I should add Max found Jeane suspicious in .
Just realized his post he didn't bother voting for either lynch candidates. Much conviction.
Back to this.
VOTE: Maxous
@Max, what happened to your APF scum read in ? (I'm calling it a scum read ofc, b/c you advocated his lynch earlier).
Guys, deadline is nearing, let's reach common ground on this.

where again she's asking around for other opinions. Again, not completely out of wolf range... but it seems a lot more like a towny perspective showing doubt, and just as importantly, trying to draw people into the conversation. Getting more people involved in issues of importance is a pretty pro-town way of doing things IMO. So yeah, I've got a pretty solid town lead on her right now. I will actively oppose her lynch unless a really strong case is presented.

PS Next I'll probably look into Max. Likely tonight or tomorrow.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Ircher »

Deadline
(expired on 2016-05-02 17:30:00)
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Huntress »

In the page 54 tussel between Lowell and Roshar I actually think Roshar's version of events sounds more likely. This moves Roshar down my list a bit.

A plain farmer's vote switch from Lowell to FA_Q2 in , coming as it did after FA_Q2 voted Lowell in made me wonder if apf had been distancing from Lowell earlier.

I have next to no problem with Froot Loop's posting in Day two so I'm dropping her from my scum list for now. I'm still curious about what gave me that initial scum read but to find it would mean rereading Day one so that is going to have to wait.

I'm going to look into mhsmith a bit more as something seems off there, although it may just be playstyle.

My lynch pool is currently Max, Lowell, Rosher, apf, in that order.

Vote: Maxous
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Garmr »

Is it bad I get enjoyment of two people I normally clash and get into arguments with going at each others throats. (frozen and jake through I do like frozen better than jake) up to page 32.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Titus »

Umm Frozen Angel and Jake from State Farm aren't in this game?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

Probably is I still feel bitter about how frozen did the exact same thing to me but as scum in a previous game and because of it I couldn't get her lynched. Difference is in this game so far I actually think she is town, she's easy to read when you know what you are looking for effort is another thing that make frozen easier to read. ( Also I didn't react as toxic as jake through when frozen did this to me) Frozens slot and people who replace into it will be town.

I don't want to get into what I think of jake as a person and a player. No read on him yet.

pedit: I'm still way back in earlier pages.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Garmr »

I don't really have time to post a big analysis.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1460, Lowell wrote:@titus- I don't understand the "max is flailing scum" here. I don't see it. And I almost always think everyone is flailing.

Can we get a lynch here or what. rosh is correct, but I'll pretty much lynch anyone save for titus, huntress, APL, and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting right now.

I don't get how you don't see it. Max just seems to cherry pick whatever and ignore what doesn't fit. Kinda surprised you don't see it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Ooh joy. Anticipate my replacing out if I start arguing with Gar, he takes all the fun out of mafia.

Have I missed anything? I'm not willing to read between the NKA and pointless speculation of the last few pages. People ignoring Titus are stupid right now.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1470, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Ooh joy. Anticipate my replacing out if I start arguing with Gar, he takes all the fun out of mafia.

Have I missed anything? I'm not willing to read between the NKA and pointless speculation of the last few pages. People ignoring Titus are stupid right now.

Yah can't wait.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 1446, Roshar wrote:
In post 1438, Froot Loop wrote:

@Roshar - I'm not questioning your opinion and I'm not questioning that the neighbour could be viewed with suspicion. I'm questioning that this has been mentioned in the thread three times and it's speculation and won't lead anywhere. I don't think speculation is helpful and I'm more worried about it when it fosters suspicion because that's what I think is done by scum players.

I wouldn't call it speculation. I'd call it an association. That's where we disagree.

My point is that there's little value to it. If you can tell me why talking about it is helpful, I can try to understand.

In post 1446, Roshar wrote:
In post 1434, Roshar wrote:I didn't consider the value of the conversation, mainly because value to me would mean a PR result. One they wouldn't get at that point. If there's another form of value to be gained, please enlighten me.

Do you mean about the conversation in the neighbourhood? You want me to try and come up with possible valuable things that could have been said?

I want you to back up your idea that there is some value to be had that doesn't involve a PR result. Hypothetical situations. I'm taking into consideration that I've never played a game that involved a neighbor and that there may be value I haven't considered

We don't know how many people are in the neighbourhood so the conversation could be ongoing. Nos could also have said that they were suspicious of another player or interpreted something differently which they mentioned in the PT. I think most comments by confirmed town players have value because you know what their motivation is for posting. Because of the posts I highlighted, it'd be more difficult to come forward with like, an interesting comment, or something Nos might have been thinking. Maybe the value isn't as concrete as a PR result, but it could still be interesting.

In post 1440, Maxous wrote:
In post 1430, Froot Loop wrote:@Titus - I agree that Max is still scummy. He's voted for Huntress before so this is going back to a previous thought. He seems kind of apathetic and isn't responding much to the suspicion on him. This is subjective, so I don't think it's AI, but it's not doing anything to change my opinion.

well, what do you want.
I'm trying to explain to people to lynch the lurk-scum but everyone is being a backseat driver nitpicking
how
i'm trying to push the read.
Somebody explain why they think she's town then.

I think your play has been a bit reactionary - it seems like you're always responding to something or answering a question or being pushed to answer questions. The vote of Huntress seems a bit easy and there's not much else to go on. This is Johnny's response to your accusation of Huntress, I don't think you've addressed it?

In post 1329, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1328, Froot Loop wrote:@Johnny - what do you mean by 'lost'? I understand that Max is saying scum can have difficulty with reads because they're basically all made up. You don't agree with this?

Oh see I hear that as "scum is bad at Mafia" which is a dangerous thing to assume

In post 1450, Titus wrote:
In post 1444, Froot Loop wrote:
In post 1430, Froot Loop wrote:
@Titus - I agree that Max is still scummy. He's voted for Huntress before so this is going back to a previous thought. He seems kind of apathetic and isn't responding much to the suspicion on him. This is subjective, so I don't think it's AI, but it's not doing anything to change my opinion.

I think it is AI.

I'm thinking about the implications of it (see above.)
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

@smith - Roshar was responding to Lowell's accusation that she hadn't taken responsibility for the Clumsy lynch, or that's what she'd tried to do. That's why she was highlighting the ways that she had taken responsibility.

In post 1466, Titus wrote:Umm Frozen Angel and Jake from State Farm aren't in this game?

@Titus - have you read the earlier parts of the game? Before you replaced in?

@Max - the reads list isn't reactionary play so it's good to see this kind of content from you. Again, there isn't much to go on in the reads list though, so something more in depth or questioning/being more involved with the game will help me sort out your play.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Titus »

@FL, No. I rarely do.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”