LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1024, Ranger wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:Telling that her Scum reads all the sudden have a lot to say about it.
And Chip Butty, but I'm not letting him get mislynched just like I'm not letting hiplop get mislynched. (Or Almost50 for that matter. Who else is mislynch-bait this game I need to shut down?)
ME!!! I am lynch bait like you wouldn't believe. Don't know why you don't know this about me. *mumbles something incoherently*
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Yeah. Ranger is scum. So what if she said Jae was town? That doesn't mean much.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:21 pm

In post 1026, pistachi0n wrote:Yeah. Ranger is scum. So what if she said Jae was town? That doesn't mean much.
Make a case. Ranger is making a case on their Scum reads later. I expect the same from you. I may be willing to reevaluate my read on you, but that doesn't mean I am giving you a pass.

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 1017, Chip Butty wrote:@Smithereens: Don't you think Ranger is looking scummy?
No.

You're basically calling her scum for switching her vote around haphazardly. Not only is this not completely non-AI, it is closely consistent with the conclusions she is reaching. You should be reading town from that behaviour.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 1015, Titus wrote:Ok, the posts by Ranger on these last few pages scream that SHE is mafia. She's wanting to exclusively lynch werewolves, when either scum side flipping is good for us, and we have two lynches. There's no reason for the hyper focus. We can eliminate the mafia today possibly if Ranger is right about Kop, but Ranger doesn't push that. Now Bellaphant is suggesting Ranger has a scumread on her she hasn't pushed. Then there's the ridiculous notion that high activity = Werewolf Godfather. Why not mafia godfather, unless Ranger claims to know who that is. The lack of clear reads from Ranger reminds me of when we were scum together.

VOTE: Ranger
We're looking for werewolves today because the mafia just lost their doctor, and the werewolf faction is going to come out on top unless we kill one of theirs as well. Iow we want both scum teams to lose and Ranger did explain this earlier, which supposedly you would have seen. Tbh this reaction is probably what I would expect a werewolf to have upon been discovered -your first response is to assume that the other scum team has successfully nailed you.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by Ranger »

Smithereens wrote:Tbh this reaction is probably what I would expect a werewolf to have upon been discovered -your first response is to assume that the other scum team has successfully nailed you.
This.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1028, Smithereens wrote:
In post 1017, Chip Butty wrote:@Smithereens: Don't you think Ranger is looking scummy?
No.

You're basically calling her scum for switching her vote around haphazardly. Not only is this not completely non-AI, it is closely consistent with the conclusions she is reaching. You should be reading town from that behaviour.
Reading scum of those who do things that town would never do makes sense, i.e. Seer/cop hunting, reading town from something Mafia wouldn't do makes no sense because Mafia has reason to act not-Mafia while town had no reason to act scum.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:41 pm

In post 1031, DixC wrote:
No.

Reading scum of those who do things that town would never do makes sense, i.e. Seer/cop hunting, reading town from something Mafia wouldn't do makes no sense because Mafia has reason to act not-Mafia while town had no reason to act scum.
And you call yourself an experienced player??? Sorry, but playing as Scum is hardly about acting Townie.

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Smithereens »

No.

I recommend dropping your crystaline views on how scum supposedly behave. There is no objective play-style for scum. If we follow this logic you're effectively claiming that every instance where a player changes their reads 3 times in as many posts, they are always scum. Nope.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1027, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1026, pistachi0n wrote:Yeah. Ranger is scum. So what if she said Jae was town? That doesn't mean much.
Make a case. Ranger is making a case on their Scum reads later. I expect the same from you. I may be willing to reevaluate my read on you, but that doesn't mean I am giving you a pass.
So the thing that bugged me about Ranger is back when she was voting you--and she said it was a fact you are the alpha werewolf. No matter how good of a player somebody is, they cannot be absolutely certain that Someone Is This Role And It Is A Fact from posts in the public forum alone. That's impossible, it's the nature of the game. So I was side-eyeing that, and somebody else said that her acting like the seer might be a ploy to bait out the real seer, and that made sense to me. It explained the weird behavior and also why Ranger wasn't acting like herself in the early game (less engaged, etc.) But that backfired and people were too suspicious of her, it seems she's trying a new tactic.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

pistachi0n wrote:But that backfired and people were too suspicious of her, it seems she's trying a new tactic.
You know, as much as I say, I don't know what my scumplay is...

...I'm pretty sure I can confidently say what it isn't, and trying a new tactic is not something I can ever see myself doing.
I'm stubborn as town and proud of it; that stubbornness doesn't suddenly vanish as scum. It takes a different form. In this case, not changing tactics.

Anyway, I did say that the longer post was coming.
I'm not giving a more specific timetable than this, but...it'll happen.
After my modded game is back up running again.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by Ranger »

Titus=shotty=creature
NotMafia=sad

For the purposes of this post, I am not going to be pointing out individual posts which look scummy, unless they are in direct reference to a vote. This is mostly interactions, and how I got where I did.

So the reason hiplop's not scum can be traced back as far as . That did not read as a bus by House. You get more, in and among others, but you get the idea. If he were to be scum, it would be werewolf. (off of ) only furthers it.

That's the first thing before the first votecount, which has dual wagons which are both on town:
Almost50: hiplop, KuroiXHF, JaeReed, Charloux, Creature (5)
karnos: LicketyQuickety, Chip Butty, Smithereens, sad1492 (4)
On the Almost50 wagon, you've got two players flipped town. hiplop isn't mafia and I think is town. Charloux is a townread. That leaves Creature (now Titus) sticking out like a sore thumb.
For the karnos wagon, you have {LicketyQuickety, sad}, with sad now being Not_Mafia. Neither of them look good either.

While Bellaphant's might make you inclined to think that she's scum with House (and therefore mafia), his reply in , along with her reply in , told me otherwise. This is why I firmly believe that Bellaphant is either town or a werewolf. (Her individual posts are what make me lean towards the latter.)

House also voted DixC in , producing similar not-mafia interactions. (These are later strengthened in .)

Throwaway note, but tells you all pistachi0n isn't mafia, but you'd already know that off of play if you were paying close enough attention.
But anyway...we begin to get the formation of the LicketyQuickety wagon:
LicketyQuickety: hiplop, KuroiXHF, Ranger, JaeReed, Charloux (5)
Two flipped town, and I know myself town as well. hiplop and Charloux both were reacting to the same thing I did. This was one of the main reasons I wanted a LicketyQuickety flip, because if he flipped scum, it would help confirm my townreads on them were not unjustified.

One reason that I thought {Bellaphant, LicketyQuickety} would be paired together was her constant noncommittal defense of him: "LQ's scummy, but I don't know..." is the classical way to brush off a scumread on a scumbuddy in multiball.

Kop is obviously mafia because is literally his one and only contribution to the game. He supports lynching hiplop (again, hiplop is not mafia), and defends House strongly as town. His inclusion of Bella as a weak townread actually serves as a reinforcement to me that they're not aligned together, since I don't think he'd put another scumbuddy in there unnecessarily, as it'd draw too much attention to their team. Also, if you want proof from the House end, serves as a nice indicator that he was defending Kop.
LicketyQuickety: KuroiXHF, Ranger, JaeReed, Charloux, Bellaphant, House (6)
The interesting thing here is that hiplop had jumped off of the LQ wagon, and LQ was defending hiplop. Then, we get this, where House and Bellaphant both jump on for the same reason. This was what told me LicketyQuickety was not likely mafia. It is also more proof that Bellaphant and House are not scum together, since scum aren't going to both hop on like that. In hindsight, this probably means (and should have told me) LicketyQuickety was town, but I didn't see it then.

The point I'm more making is that I wanted to see what LicketyQuickety would flip.

This brings us to the unofficial L-1: karnos (known town), and Chip Butty (who I think is town).

The one and only thing that makes me doubt my scum callouts is seeing with . (Though I'll note does have the reads on House and LicketyQuickety that are suspect.) The reaction in did look scum-scum though.

LicketyQuickety revealed he wasn't scum with Creature with posts such as , though the conversation dates back further than that post.

If I had to guess, Not_Mafia would be the third mafiate because of things like , but it's not definitive. did support it.
And in that range, suggests Creature is not mafia.

Also, you can point to any spot and get this, but to confirm: things like show why Chip Butty is not mafia.

The main doubt I have on DixC being scum comes from , from Bellaphant, when combined with House's vote. (Not to mention, Kop's callout, in places like .)

Another reason I wanted a LicketyQuickety flip?
DixC: Not_Mafia, House, Bellaphant, JaeReed (4)
This, when you add in Kuroi's vote, then LicketyQuickety's vote (and much much later my own), gets you the peak of the DixC wagon.

I wanted to see LicketyQuickety's alignment, because I felt his flip would be a strong indicator for what DixC would be.

It's around here that the JaeReed wagon forms as a counter:
JaeReed: Kop, hiplop, Smithereens, Almost50, DixC, pistachi0n (6)
DixC: Not_Mafia, House, Bellaphant, JaeReed, KuroiXHF (5)
Kop there is the mafia on JaeReed, but who would be the werewolf if not DixC?

We also get shotty's , where he heavily defends DixC and votes JaeReed.

Furthering my scumteam theory, we get , where Bellaphant is looking for a non-DixC wagon, is a hilariously scum-induced readslist, and reads as scum-scum interactions, as in, same-team scum-scum interactions.

Starting the day, we get a quick wagon on DixC. Not_Mafia's my guess for third mafiate, and votes. Kop (who is obviously mafia) also votes. Again, it's probably them as mafia legitimately scumhunting. With Kop switching to LicketyQuickety in , I don't think LicketyQuickety is mafia even more, now.

Which brings us to the current gamestate.
I'm sorry this is a bit scattered. I'm having trouble focusing at the moment. If you can't make sense of it, I'll give a summary of it all tomorrow.
The important bits were mostly described already though.
DixC is a wolfread. Titus is a wolfread. Bellaphant is a wolfread. LicketyQuickety could be either, but I feel is unlikely mafia. Kop is obviously mafia. I think Not_Mafia is the third mafiate.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1032, LicketyQuickety wrote:
No.

And you call yourself an experienced player??? Sorry, but playing as Scum is hardly about acting Townie.
That's what works for me. If it makes no sense to do as alignment X, then the player is not likely alignment X.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1029, Smithereens wrote:
In post 1015, Titus wrote:Ok, the posts by Ranger on these last few pages scream that SHE is mafia. She's wanting to exclusively lynch werewolves, when either scum side flipping is good for us, and we have two lynches. There's no reason for the hyper focus. We can eliminate the mafia today possibly if Ranger is right about Kop, but Ranger doesn't push that. Now Bellaphant is suggesting Ranger has a scumread on her she hasn't pushed. Then there's the ridiculous notion that high activity = Werewolf Godfather. Why not mafia godfather, unless Ranger claims to know who that is. The lack of clear reads from Ranger reminds me of when we were scum together.

VOTE: Ranger
We're looking for werewolves today because the mafia just lost their doctor, and the werewolf faction is going to come out on top unless we kill one of theirs as well. Iow we want both scum teams to lose and Ranger did explain this earlier, which supposedly you would have seen. Tbh this reaction is probably what I would expect a werewolf to have upon been discovered -your first response is to assume that the other scum team has successfully nailed you.
Not the right approach. This is nowhere near lylo. Scumread me all you want, but Ranger and I know from Open 627 that hunting for one particular team and letting obvious scum go is a recipe for failure. I'll admit I am not fully caught up on the game but Ranger ignoring the chance to take out an entire team is exactly what mafia want. Mafia want the attention on the werewolves.

I don't care which team flips first. If it ain't town, it dies.

We eliminate all mafia, then we have a vig, a cop, and a bunch of townies. Depending on crosskills = sure fire town loss.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Titus »

To be clear, maf flips ideal, but hunting solely for mafia = bad. If you do hunt for a side, best to reduce kpn. That means mafia lynch. Ranger knows scum generally suck at cross killing and sells that as the ideal scenario. I don't think so.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ranger, you could've just written 'pre flip associatives' all over that and had the same impact with a hell of a lot less words.

I'm almost ready to 1v1 you so that if I get lynched my town flip will stop the nonsense.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #2.4:

Ranger:
LicketyQuickety, pistachi0n, Chip Butty, Titus (4)
LicketyQuickety:
Kop (1)
hiplop:
DixC (1)
Almost50:
Bellaphant (1)
pistachi0n:
Not_Mafia (1)
DixC:
Charloux (1)
Titus:
Ranger (1)

Not Voting:
hiplop, Smithereens, Almost50

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-07-20 20:00:00)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Rob14 »

Kop, Charloux, hiplop, and Not_Mafia have been prodded. Immediately seeking replacements for hiplop, who had mentioned replacing out if he didn't catch up before the site crash, and for Not_Mafia, who has three prods.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Titus »

Bella, there's a seat on the Ranger wagon with your name on it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I would really like a flip
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:46 am

In post 1040, Bellaphant wrote:Ranger, you could've just written 'pre flip associatives' all over that and had the same impact with a hell of a lot less words.

I'm almost ready to 1v1 you so that if I get lynched my town flip will stop the nonsense.
Err... we have had flips, so its not pre-flip anymore.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Bellaphant »

.........did you read her post? I'm scum (and so are other people) because of flips WE DON'T KNOW. LIKE YOURS. AND HIPLOPS. AND DIXC....AND KOP AND...

JESUS.

why, seriously, are you defending that?

VOTE: ranger

do you know what pisses me off the most about that post, though? If Ranger had tried to read me at any fucking point in the game, then she wouldn't be making that post. She hasn't analysed things as they happened, or asked questions about shit she doesn't understand. It's. not. real.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

l-2
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 am

UNVOTE:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'm STUPID! :lol:

I TOTALLY FORGOT that we had THREE Nk's, so the VIG shot could NOT have been blocked! You know when I told Ranger not to explain her read on LQ?? It was because -after thinking it opver for a couple of days no less- i came to the conclusion she was the Town Vig, shot LQ and he survived, thus she deduced he was protected by the only Doctor alive in game. As I said, I'm STUPID!!!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Open Games”