Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Creature »

Votecount 1.15
[0] BTD6_Maker
[1] Mimikyu - Zachstralkita
[0] Something_Smart
[0] Vaxkiller
[0] Aubrey
[6] Gamma Emerald - BTD6_Maker, Dunnstral, BlackStar, Ümläüt, Aristophanes, Aubrey [L-1]

[0] hi im Yakko
[0] BlackStar
[1] Zachstralkita - hi im Yakko
[2] Dunnstral - Something_Smart, Gamma Emerald
[1] The_Jester - Vaxkiller
[1] Ümläüt - Mimikyu
[0] Aristophanes

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: The_Jester

There are 13 players alive, 7 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-09-27 13:00:00)
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

WOW
BTD6 fakehammered.
Well since it's pretty much decided anyway:
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
So long and thanks for all the fish!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 997, Gamma Emerald wrote:On Dunnstral:
In post 318, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Ümläüt
In post 361, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 325, Aubrey wrote:
In post 318, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Ümläüt
Porque? Don't give me the "I don't do analysis" bit either. Please and thank you.
Well nobody else really reacted to the vote

Let's just say I was slightly irked by the post before my vote

VOTE: MeowMix

How many more votes do we need here?
In post 431, Dunnstral wrote:I think Zach might be town

Let's get

VOTE: Aristophanes

This guy looks bad for real
In post 433, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 432, BTD6_maker wrote:Lurking is anti-Town.
You've literally lurked in every game I've ever seen you in

VOTE: BTD6_maker
4 posts where he changes his vote. Wishy washy much?
Sure, but I do that as town all the time. If you had finished at least 1 game with me where I was town you'd know (or you know, just say it so I can point this out earlier. You can look at any of my town games.)
In post 997, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 469, Dunnstral wrote:Something_Scummy is whiteknighting harder than Zach usually does while trying to be on the down-low about it
Seems to be throwing shade on Zach.
In post 472, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 426, Aubrey wrote:Zach, why are you refusing to give your reads out of curiosity? I have a townie read from you based on your defense of gamma. I doubt the two of you are scum aligned. If you two were scum, I wouldn't understand Gamma's defense of Skold earlier. From that point of view I would assume your intentions Regarding that defense was town driven vs. scum driven. long story short, I think you have a strong town possibility so I'm interested in your reads. Refusing to give reads doesn't make a lot of sense.
This? I don't currently scumread Gamma and I don't currently townread Zach and I think it's dumb and/or wrong but I don't think you're scummy

Zach makes his reads clear as town, too, even if he doesn't come out and say it he'll be white knighting people

That's why it's rather odd that he jumped onto BTD6 so fast (though I do think BTD6 is scum, too, so it could be a bus move)
Didn't he say he thought Zach was town?

And of course: he has been extremely opportunistic. He has admitted to attempting to manipulate Aubrey even.
It's not throwing shade on Zach... at least, not at his alignment in this game. It's just not.

I already explained my read on Zach was changing

Last part is untrue, and that's all that really needs to be said
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why would you self vote?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because I was the only viable wagon. No point denying my fate.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Creature »

Votecount 1.16
[0] BTD6_Maker
[1] Mimikyu - Zachstralkita
[0] Something_Smart
[0] Vaxkiller
[0] Aubrey
[7] Gamma Emerald - BTD6_Maker, Dunnstral, BlackStar, Ümläüt, Aristophanes, Aubrey, Gamma Emerald [LYNCH]

[0] hi im Yakko
[0] BlackStar
[1] Zachstralkita - hi im Yakko
[1] Dunnstral - Something_Smart
[1] The_Jester - Vaxkiller
[1] Ümläüt - Mimikyu
[0] Aristophanes

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: The_Jester

There are 13 players alive, 7 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-09-27 13:00:00)
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Creature »

Gamma Emerald has been lynched, he was
Vanilla Town

Night 1 has started.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-09-28 20:00:00)
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Creature »

Something_Smart was killed, he was a
Werewolf Goon

Ümläüt was killed, he was a
Mafia Goon

Day 2 has started.

Votecount 2.0
[0] BTD6_Maker
[0] Mimikyu
[0] Vaxkiller
[0] Aubrey
[0] hi im Yakko
[0] BlackStar
[0] Zachstralkita
[0] Dunnstral
[0] The_Jester
[0] Aristophanes

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: Everybody

There are 10 players alive, 6 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-12 20:30:00)
Sigh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 202, Ümläüt wrote:Incidentally, all of MeowMix's, BTD6's and Java's inactivity appear to be sitewide (their most recent posts are in this thread), so I don't think too much should be read into it.

Dunnstral, on the other hand, is being uncharacteristically quiet. He had 199 posts in day 1 of the first game I played with him and I believe he has a reputation for spamming the shit out of his games in general. Not sure whether this holds in his scum games as well since I have no meta there, but maybe someone else does?
In post 831, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

Actually in agreement with Gamma here about the opportunism. Eyeing Zach as well.
In post 840, Something_Smart wrote:So, I don't think anyone else besides Gamma and Dunn can (or should) realistically be lynched today, based on people's general reads and votes. I'm in partial agreement with Ari in that new counterwagons probably won't happen, and even if they did they'd probably end up being a terrible deadline wagon on town.

After ISOing Gamma and Dunn (these were the 2 main people I wanted to look at), I think lynching Dunn today is better. I don't have a strong read on Gamma, because he's fairly new and for reasons I mentioned before. Essentially, I see a lot of matter-of-factness in his ISO, which is normally good, but he's agreeing with so many people and seems hesitant to produce original thoughts. I don't feel comfortable sorting him without flips.

Dunn seems to be BSing his way through the game. It's not that he has no valid content, it's just that it's all over the place and doesn't contribute to any unified scumhunting picture; it's more like he's trying to not attract attention for any one thing for too long. He's done a whole lot of questionable things and pushed a whole bunch of easy pushes, and I don't expect this read to become more informed with flips like I do with Gamma.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Didn't I get to L-1 with both scum factions voting em too?

Guess what I'm town

Gamma is dumb for self voting, I had no clue BTD6 hsd fake hammered and myself assumed he was hammered and town, I'd have switched to trying to get S_S lynched
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 949, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 926, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 904, Gamma Emerald wrote:These are my reads. They are not strictly ordered by strength, but by order ISOed in each grouping
Spoiler: Reads
Town:
Aubrey
: He has been doing very good at scumhunting, although he’s been mostly focused on me and BTD6, so that’s something to consider.
Hi Im Yakko
: He’s been very blunt and I feel like he’s town for that. However, voting for someone before you are completely caught up is dumb.
Mimikyu
: Has been doing some
very
intense scumhunting, I feel.
BlackStar
: He’s been very confrontational, to the extent that he seems very towny.
SS
: Other than the failed attempt at pressure, I think his posts are pretty good. Has been asking some very good questions.
Null:
BTD6_maker
: I get a whole lot of blah from his posts. Want to see more.
Zach
: I’ve seen towny and scummy posts from this one.
Scum:
MeowMix/Vaxkiller
:VaxKiller hasn’t really done anything alignment indicative, so I have to go by MeowMix, and
holy crap his ISO is bad
. Asking to be best friends with Umlaut is very scummy to me. I also don’t like how he kept focusing on me and BTD6.
TheJester
: Has he had
no
scumreads other than Skold’s slot? Also, catch-up posts don’t really feel fresh, and that has been a sign of scum trying to avoid confrontation before, so there’s that.
Aristophanes
: Seems very passive and neutral. Do not like.
Umlaut
: Many of his posts feel like he is trying to keep the town quiet.
Dunnstral
: As I’ve said before, his early posting was very erratic, and he’s been very opportunistic in his later posts.

After my searching, I feel Umlaut is my strongest scumread,
VOTE: Umlaut
BTW, this was written last night, so it does not include observations from today.
These reads are actually really good. However @Gamma why would you try to start a deadline wagon on Umlaut rather than staying on the already established Dunn wagon?
Really? Because he's factually and objectively wrong:

Aubrey:
1.Aubrey hasn't been "very focused on gamma and BTD6" in fact he barely even talks about BTD6, and has been on me for most of the game (hint: never made a giant wall of text for gamma)
2. "Very good at scumhunting" When you say they were on yourself and the lurker all game? And nobodies flipped?

Hi Im Yakko:
3. OK, I've been very blunt too. Why has this ignored for me, but is a reason to townread Hi Im Yakko?

Mimikyu:
4. I wouldn't say he's been doing "
Very
intense scumhunting" (because he wasn't

BlackStar:
5. See #3. OK, I've been very Confrontational too. Why has this ignored for me, but is a reason to townread BlackStar?

SS:
6. Please point out these very good questions.

BTD6_maker:
7. Note that this guy spent around an hour on this reads list to write "I get a whole lot of blah from his posts. Want to see more."

Zach:
8. Note that this guy spent around an hour on this reads list to write "I’ve seen towny and scummy posts from this one." like what

Meowmix/Vaxkiller:
9. "Asking to be best friends with Umlaut is very scummy to me" And why is that...? How does that add up?
10. "I also don’t like how he kept focusing on me and BTD6." LOL, but you JUST townread Aubrey for "doing a very good job at scumhunting" when in your OWN words you said he focused on you and BTD6 (even though untrue.) So, wow

TheJester:
11. "Catch-up posts feel fresh" Don't expect you to even know what that means, let alone explain it

Aristophanes:
12. Hypocrite

Umlaut:
13. "Many of his posts feel like he is trying to keep the town quiet." Please point out these many posts and what this means

Dunnstral
14: Cognitive Dissonance/You have no reason to switch your votee off me from your story thus far/See #3 and #5

But please, tell me why you thought the reads list was good.
In post 951, Something_Smart wrote:What?

I never said I agreed with his reasons, if that's what you're referring to.
Additionally, this is not a conversation between scum. Like, S_S had no defense against what I said, and if I would have been voting him except I was voting for agreeing with that stuff and not being able to explain it except I voted for the guy who said that stuff in the first place (Hint: Even if he was town, he could only even refute maybe 5 of the 14 points)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 971, Zachstralkita wrote:2) if you SR Umlaut I'd rather not rely on your judgement anyway(@Gamma)
Why did you townread Umlaut?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Moving on to analysis of the two:

Spoiler: Something_Scum
In post 604, Something_Smart wrote:mkay

In post 658, Something_Smart wrote:oh also UNVOTE:
In post 771, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 760, BlackStar wrote:VOTE: something_smart
Why?
In post 776, Something_Smart wrote:BlackStar how exactly would you have expected me to draw out MeowMix?
In post 778, Something_Smart wrote:You think he chose to flake out because nobody made a case on him?
In post 780, Something_Smart wrote:You pointed out my posts engaging Gamma, Aubrey, Zach, Dunn, and Ari. That's how I pressure people.

I can't do that if the person I'm pressuring is absent.
In post 782, Something_Smart wrote:Why are you projecting what you think is the correct way to pressure someone onto me?
In post 784, Something_Smart wrote:Do you think what you're doing is more effective? :wink:
In post 786, Something_Smart wrote:Oh and you know how you're able to engage with me?

BECAUSE I'M NOT LURKING OUT
This looks kind of awkward for an interaction with the Meowmix slot? But maybe that's what he was going for. Definitely catches my eye now

Spoiler: Umlaut
In post 12, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: BTD6_maker

History suggests I'll be trying to get him lynched at some point today so I might as well get it over with.
In post 49, Ümläüt wrote:I agree Aubrey's entry felt awkward but I'm chalking it up to new-player weirdness.

VOTE: The_Jester
I like Skold's reasoning for this.
In post 88, Ümläüt wrote:
@Gamma
Is your name Blackstar?
In post 111, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: Mimikyu

I just don't see what could have happened within Aubrey's few posts on page 4 to change Mimikyu's read like that, yet Mimikyu says it's because he "hear[d] more and [got] more information." Aubrey's in particular struck me as towny if anything. He is being quite transparent in his reasoning process and explaining himself clearly. I wish he didn't have quite so many null-reads but it looks as if he is at least trying to sort them.

The interaction of , , pings me as well.
  • Mimikyu seems to misunderstand what Aubrey means by "slanted eyes" and talks as if it means people are sheeping Blackstar
  • Aubrey explains what he means
  • Mimikyu responds: "You said he was getting slanted eyes due to his quick assessment of you, and AFAIK I am the only one who did so for that reason," as if that's what he meant all along, when he clearly didn't.
This reads to me as a scum attempt to appear consistent.

I'm a bit suspicious of Blackstar as well but in my past experience (Newbie 1661, Blitz 15) he's looked pretty scummy as town and been an easy mislynch. It's relatively old meta, and it doesn't mean he's town this time, but I'm going to need more than one bad case to read him on.
In post 172, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: BlackStar

His latest posts are just awful. I particularly dislike . Zach's critique is perfectly clear and certainly not nonsense regardless of how much he dislikes it.
In post 265, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: Mimikyu

This is a good vote for two reasons.

First, he's scummy. His stated positions are all over the place. He makes me his top scumread based apparently on one vote on Jester (this is the only reason he's giving, and when asked to explain his read he says "look at my posts"). He thinks that Aubrey is scummy, Blackstar is scummy for scumreading Aubrey, that anyone attacking Blackstar is scummy. He's eager to argue about minutiae (refused to let me drop the topic of "is rejecting townreads a towntell") but reluctant to sell his actual reads.

(Interestingly, his reversal on Aubrey and scumread on MeowMix both came right after they said they had a problem with Gamma. It's obviously too early to seriously hunt for associations but I want to note this for future reference.)

Secondly, he's given a lot of general opinions on good and bad ways to scumhunt, and if he's scum I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "bad ways" are the ones that would point to him
or his teammate.

-----

On an off-topic note, anyone who finds Zach abrasive can't have played many games here. I had to go back to see what you were talking about.

-----

Pedit:
Gamma, why did you quote my post there? Your question has nothing to do with it really.

Also, no I don't.
In post 378, Ümläüt wrote:
In post 377, Gamma Emerald wrote:"Frustrated lynchbait" is exactly how I feel right now.
Sorry Zach, you're on your own with Mimikyu now.

Anyone not voting Gamma, ask yourself if this is how a town player self-identifies.
In post 831, Ümläüt wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

Actually in agreement with Gamma here about the opportunism. Eyeing Zach as well.
In post 875, Ümläüt wrote:
In post 849, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 847, Zachstralkita wrote:
hold the fuck up

Since I'm more free and more inclined to post here now I'll get into that

For the record I don't like this wagon right now and if anything want Dunnstral to post his reads. It's not that he's a scum impossibility to me, but that the lynch Gamma crowd has suddenly had a convenient revelation that would prompt the wagon switch at the same time and no one is addressing that. Oh, oh, because there's no opposition to the lynch it's so opportunistic and suddenly all of you want to switch?
w o w
, how convenient!

Does no one care? Or are you not caring on purpose? Quite fucking obviously there are strings being pulled.

That is the main factor. The other one is I don't actually have a game with Scum Dunnstral, well technically, but I'm very certain he plays very similar as both alignments. This is key. And there's lynches I'd much rather prefer.

Gamma
himself
hopped on his fucking counterwagon with no shame.

I don't know why people are giving me shit about still wanting to lynch my probably top scumread. Like he should have stopped being scum to me or something. Get the fuck out of here. Sorry guys, I don't fucking make up SRs when convenient to me. I felt strongly about Mimikyu when I voted him. I still feel strongly about it now. If you don't care then say so.
Ümläüt wrote:I'm not eyeing you for being opportunistic, I'm eyeing you because I have trouble crediting your misgivings about Aubrey's post as genuine.
Yeah Umlaut, we should just have the same opinions and feel the same way at the same time all the time so everything can be fine? Of what I post, what is the deductive method that allows you to determine what is genuine or not?

The_Jester wrote: I'm actually starting to dislike Zach in #590. He's blamed Dunn for tunnelling him but all he does at this point is talk about Dunn and use it as an excuse not to talk about other stuff. But then he follows with a pretty good point on BTD in #593 so I don't know.
What you're not familiar with is that the norm for myself and Funnstral is to argue for a fuckton of pages and have people bitch at us. I tried to detract from that this game but eventually gave in to the relentless stream of shit. It's my fragile human soul. I can only take so much.

Of the people on Gamma's wagon, if I had to name someone suspicious, it's Jester based on that catch-up, but I'll wait for him to finish it to say what I have to say. The whole Aubrey situation is fucking bizarre because when I state an opinion based on my perception and not even attack or push, I'm in the wrong.

It might be that Fix-it Felix avatar that has my emotions going haywire, but I don't see the fuss about S_S. It looks like he's been shooting straight to me from here.

Yakko's been getting a free pass for not doing shit simply because "I'm scum", which is just dandy, isn't it?. I'm not too fond of when people say I'm scum and don't present their bullshit argument so I can go into precisely how bullshit it is. Please provide me with that common courtesy. Are you gonna say it's a gut read, bud? It doesn't make it any less obvious to anyone if you don't.

If you guys are fine with that I'm not gonna say shit because it's a testament to the amount of fuckery people condone this game. I'd definitely lynch there, though as opposed to these fucking options. BTD does not, to me, give the appearance of that scum who's under pressure. I think in his situation, scum that was trying to slide by would opt to acquiesce and attempt to post heavy content rather than still not doing that and still saying they'll be inactive. That's not someone who's deceiving us IMO.

Vax himself I need to get accustomed to his posts. However MeowMix was a very strong TR of mine and I liked his posts a lot.
What does this mean for your read on me?
This is something really special.

Umlaut is kind of all over the place. He votes both Gamma and I while we're near lynch threshhold.

I think some of his interactions with BlackStar seemed weird? I was feeling like BlackStar was town but kind of getting associative tells I'll go more into

Might also be Mimikyu, that push was weird and he never really committed to it, but on the other hand he could have moved off to join the largest wagon
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I realize I'm posting a lot of times in a row, but we've got a lot of information to go through

Werewolves killed Umlaut, Mafia killed S_S

Despite being scum, both teams would have had reasons for making these kills, and I think it's worth looking at what they were pushing as well (even if they're scum, it's still multiball)

I took a look at Blackstar:

Spoiler:
In post 7, BlackStar wrote:Umlaut was scum in my first game here, so he's probably scum again now

VOTE: umlaut
In post 27, BlackStar wrote:VOTE: Aubrey I don't like your initial posts. They just feel so fake
In post 178, BlackStar wrote:Nothing I've done is opportunistic
In post 248, BlackStar wrote:Yeah, I can see Umlaut being scum.

In post 251, BlackStar wrote:I don't understand why you're doing nothing but taking pot shots at me. It's really annoying
In post 253, BlackStar wrote:Seriously though, stop doing this passive aggressive shit and just stick to stating facts.
In post 255, BlackStar wrote:Then I'll probably pass on reading your posts from now on.
In post 268, BlackStar wrote:@umlaut Calling people dipshits, passive aggressively casting shade on people and acting way too smug isn't abrasive?
In post 270, BlackStar wrote:Yeah, I've probably played more games than you too. Doesn't change the fact that it's still annoying when people do it. Especially when those people tend to be wrong about everything
In post 329, BlackStar wrote:VOTE: gamma
In post 476, BlackStar wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 489, BlackStar wrote:
In post 488, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah, I'm really starting to distrust Dunn.
I don't trust you. You're just sheeping every wagon that forms.
In post 501, BlackStar wrote:
In post 499, MeowMix wrote:do you find gamma or btd more scummy
BTD. That's why I'm voting him
In post 558, BlackStar wrote:
In post 557, Aubrey wrote:@Blackstar, what are you thoughts on Dunn? I'd like something more than just null as well. If he is, I'd like to know why.
He's being really reactionary and doesn't care how he looks, so he's probably town.
In post 577, BlackStar wrote:I'm down with it too

VOTE: gamma
In post 600, BlackStar wrote:
In post 599, Something_Smart wrote:That's what I was saying; you and BTD have been pushed into the forefront, which I feel makes you harder to read.
Whereas Ari, Umlaut and MeowMix, the players I do believe ought to be pressured, have slipped into the background.
So put pressure on them. You don't need our permission
In post 609, BlackStar wrote:Do you scumread Something_Smart?
In post 642, BlackStar wrote:I don't see why you guys scum read Dunnstral
In post 647, BlackStar wrote:
In post 646, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wow you are being really dumb dude
Flaunting it in our faces makes you look scummy.
Which is exactly why scum wouldn't do it
In post 753, BlackStar wrote:UNVOTE:

Starting to get the feeling that this is a mislynch
In post 774, BlackStar wrote:
In post 771, Something_Smart wrote:
Why?
I started thinking about this part again and how strange it was that you were so hesitant to place down a vote and thought you couldn't do it if everyone was busy talking about other stuff.
In post 599, Something_Smart wrote:That's what I was saying; you and BTD have been pushed into the forefront, which I feel makes you harder to read.
Whereas Ari, Umlaut and MeowMix, the players I do believe ought to be pressured, have slipped into the background.
In post 602, Aubrey wrote:
^
In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:
QFT
In post 604, Something_Smart wrote:mkay

You said that meowmix was fading into the background and you thought he deserved some pressure on him. Let's look and see how you applied pressure.
In post 607, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 606, Zachstralkita wrote:
Something_Smart wrote:mkay

i have no fucking words for you
then talk to me about him! there's a reason I asked if my head was up my butt.

why do you townread Meow?
In post 632, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 624, Aubrey wrote:You never did address that little question mark SS.
I wasn't sure what it meant lol

the two statements you quoted were not necessarily connected; the second question was more of a general "why are my reads so different from everyone else's?" and pertained to my solid reads and not my Zach/Dunn ones which are mostly gut.
In post 644, Something_Smart wrote:Why was your early game obvtown?
In post 649, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 646, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wow you are being really dumb dude
Flaunting it in our faces makes you look scummy.
I hate this post so much.
In post 655, Something_Smart wrote:Gamma have you ever seen LAMIST actually catch scum?
In post 657, Something_Smart wrote:uhh actually BTD6 summed up my exact thoughts regarding the matter.
In post 658, Something_Smart wrote:oh also UNVOTE:
It looks to me like you didn't actually talk about meowmix at all or do anything that would draw him out and make him start posting more. It seems like you just wanted to look like you were doing something and then didn't follow through with what you said at all. There's no point in a member of the town voting for someone and doing nothing with that vote. It's more beneficial for scum to park a vote the way that you did. So I think that's kind of suspicious
In post 810, BlackStar wrote:What do you think of something_smart?
In post 858, BlackStar wrote:VOTE: gamma

Now I think I shouldn't have left this wagon

He votes both Umlaut and S_S but doesn't really "push" either of them, instead opting to go after BTD6 and Gamma. At least that's how I see it, he doesn't push me and kind of defends me. I can kind of see BlackStar as being on either team and want to hear his thoughts now
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by BlackStar »

It feels good to know that I was right about something smart

Pedit: I think I did push SS. I don't remember the part where I voted umlaut though
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Actually I have a question: Do you guys think scum would try to specifically figure out who's scum on the other faction and try to kill them?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1015, Dunnstral wrote:Actually I have a question: Do you guys think scum would try to specifically figure out who's scum on the other faction and try to kill them?
Isn't it better for them to lynch the other scum team and nk town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1016, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1015, Dunnstral wrote:Actually I have a question: Do you guys think scum would try to specifically figure out who's scum on the other faction and try to kill them?
So do you think it's worth looking into what s_s/umlaut were pushing?

The respective scum factions would have killed them without knowing/thinking they were scum (this is an assumption, of course) which means they would have had other motivations for killing them
In post 1014, BlackStar wrote:I don't remember the part where I voted umlaut though
ASide from the rvs vote at the start, you voted him again later on and here are some of the events happening around when you voted him:

Spoiler:
In post 202, Ümläüt wrote:Incidentally, all of MeowMix's, BTD6's and Java's inactivity appear to be sitewide (their most recent posts are in this thread), so I don't think too much should be read into it.

Dunnstral, on the other hand, is being uncharacteristically quiet. He had 199 posts in day 1 of the first game I played with him and I believe he has a reputation for spamming the shit out of his games in general. Not sure whether this holds in his scum games as well since I have no meta there, but maybe someone else does?
In post 203, Ümläüt wrote:(Not that I'm complaining about not having to deal with a 50-page monstrosity of a D1)
In post 205, Ümläüt wrote:And speaking of early strong scumreads:
In post 34, Aristophanes wrote:VOTE: Skold

Okay, so this is scum. I legit scumread every post they've made thus far. Something is just wrong here and it is the colour of their role PM.

Join me!
You haven't really talked at all about this read since you gave it on page 2. Can you go into more detail and also say how this read has progressed since then?

-----

Pedit: Aubrey, I'm about to go to lunch and haven't really thought much about Jester lately, I'll answer you in a bit.
In post 210, Ümläüt wrote:Mixed feelings on Jester. I didn't like his intro as I already said. I pretty much agreed with his thoughts in and his thoughts on Aubrey/Mimikyu. His at first seems like a reach to me but I don't see any reason scum!Jester would reach for a reason to scumread Aubrey at that point when he hasn't been so much as leaning scum there before, so it's probably a genuine opinion (though could of course be a genuine wolfread from mafia or vice-versa).

Overall null, which is annoying because I kind of expected to form a stronger opinion there.
In post 242, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 170, Aubrey wrote:
In post 125, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Zachstralkita

I've seen this guy as town quite a bit and let me tell you... he's not town this game

40% chance of being right
I'd like to hear a more in depth analysis on this from you.
In post 128, Skold wrote:Pretty damn confirmed. Found a scumteam guys.
Lets hear it then.

Where is Javajoe26 and BTD6_Maker? One could almost forget they are part of this game.

In depth analysis isn't exactly my forte

I think he's playing like he does as scum in this game
In post 187, Zachstralkita wrote:
What was addressed was that BlackStar strawmanned and deflected what Umlaut conveyed better in #176 than apparently I have in all my posts. I'm quite sure we all know how " strong " his scumread is. No one is feigning ignorance of anything at this point.
Keep using random buzzwords, pal

I don't post less as scum
You called me out in tic tac toe mafia too for "being too analytical"

Spoiler tag removed
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67083
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=66931
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=66795

If you're still wondering, take a look at my post counts across those games
In post 243, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, enough. This has gone on for FAR too long. I don't really find BlackStar's actions that suspicious, but I definitely find Zachstralkita to be. He keeps trying to derail the discussion onto BlackStar. I don't see any reason town would try to do this.
VOTE: Zach

This is a weird and dramatic post
In post 213, Zachstralkita wrote:That's not how anything works, and you don't decide when something starts or stops.
VOTE: Zachstralkita

Just to reiterate: I think Zach is a member of an anti-town faction that opposes the town
In post 246, The_Jester wrote:Zach looks town to me and his argument with BlackStar looks TvT after rereading.

Not a huge fan of Gamma and Dunnstral.

Liking Mimikyu and MeowMix.

I don't see the motivation behind Dunnstral's vote on Zach (besides his early meta read which isn't worth much imo).
Like, the only thing I agree with him on is his comment about Gamma's vote but he's not the first person to point it out.

Dunn hasn't adressed any specific parts of Zach's ISO and doesn't seem to have read the game much:
What was addressed was that BlackStar strawmanned and deflected what Umlaut conveyed better in #176 than apparently I have in all my posts. I'm quite sure we all know how " strong " his scumread is. No one is feigning ignorance of anything at this point.
These "random buzzwords" was Zach paraphasing Umlaut's #176, which is even written in the quote you've provided. I don't get what you were trying to do here, make Zach look incompetent?

In post 247, Mimikyu wrote:
In post 244, Dunnstral wrote:I know I'm one to talk but wow you guys have effectively done nothing
It seems you have picked up on this, but yes you don't have much of a right to say that. You had an opportunity to do something when you came in and instead sheeped Gamma.

Still dislike Umlaut; he's scum. Don't like Aubrey, but coming around to him as potentially town that just annoys me. On board with others on Zach being possible scum. He can have time to shape up though. Don't care for MeowMix's re-entrance. Comes in like he's doing something, but just starts a new wagon on someone with no real suspicion. Makes no effort to comment on anything else that has happened.

In post 250, Zachstralkita wrote:In other news BlackStar votes Umlaut for being competent.
In post 251, BlackStar wrote:I don't understand why you're doing nothing but taking pot shots at me. It's really annoying
In post 268, BlackStar wrote:@umlaut Calling people dipshits, passive aggressively casting shade on people and acting way too smug isn't abrasive?
In post 269, Ümläüt wrote:
"Too smug" is kind of a judgment call.

And yeah I guess it is, but I'm pretty desensitized to it by now. You've been on MS exactly as long as I have, aren't you?
In post 270, BlackStar wrote:Yeah, I've probably played more games than you too. Doesn't change the fact that it's still annoying when people do it. Especially when those people tend to be wrong about everything

You kind of just say "yeah he could be scum" without going into why you voted him (I quoted things related to him from before you voted)
Then you don't really push him but instead get into a little slapfight with him

On the other hand, this reminds me that Zach tends to like to hard defend his scum buddies as scum, rather than bus them. I could definitely see Zach as mafia with Umlaut
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think Day talk for scum has to be announced outside of Normal/Newbie game queues, right? Main post doesn't say anything about it, but it's a possibility?

Not too important as both teams are down to one member from here on out, but I was kind of looking at the way they voted me and then Gamma and was wondering if they were likely to have their partner on the other wagon to try to distance? Or Voting someone completely different
like mimikyu
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1017, Dunnstral wrote:

The respective scum factions would have killed them without knowing/thinking they were scum (this is an assumption, of course) which means they would have had other motivations for killing them
In post 1014, BlackStar wrote:I don't remember the part where I voted umlaut though
ASide from the rvs vote at the start, you voted him again later on and here are some of the events happening around when you voted him:

Spoiler:

In post 203, Ümläüt wrote:(Not that I'm complaining about not having to deal with a 50-page monstrosity of a D1)

Okay, so this is scum. I legit scumread every post they've made thus far. Something is just wrong here and it is the colour of their role PM.

Join me!
You haven't really talked at all about this read since you gave it on page 2. Can you go into more detail and also say how this read has progressed since then?

-----

Pedit: Aubrey, I'm about to go to lunch and haven't really thought much about Jester lately, I'll answer you in a bit.
In post 210, Ümläüt wrote:Mixed feelings on Jester. I didn't like his intro as I already said. I pretty much agreed with his thoughts in and his thoughts on Aubrey/Mimikyu. His at first seems like a reach to me but I don't see any reason scum!Jester would reach for a reason to scumread Aubrey at that point when he hasn't been so much as leaning scum there before, so it's probably a genuine opinion (though could of course be a genuine wolfread from mafia or vice-versa).

Overall null, which is annoying because I kind of expected to form a stronger opinion there.

I've seen this guy as town quite a bit and let me tell you... he's not town this game

Lets hear it then.

Where is Javajoe26 and BTD6_Maker? One could almost forget they are part of this game.

Spoiler tag removed

In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, enough. This has gone on for FAR too long. I don't really find BlackStar's actions that suspicious, but I definitely find Zachstralkita to be. He keeps trying to derail the discussion onto BlackStar. I don't see any reason town would try to do this.

In post 213, Zachstralkita wrote:That's not how anything works, and you don't decide when something starts or stops.

Just to reiterate: I think Zach is a member of an anti-town faction that opposes the town
In post 246, The_Jester wrote:Zach looks town to me and his argument with BlackStar looks TvT after rereading.

I don't see the motivation behind Dunnstral's vote on Zach (besides his early meta read which isn't worth much imo).
Like, the only thing I agree with him on is his comment about Gamma's vote but he's not the first person to point it out.

Dunn hasn't adressed any specific parts of Zach's ISO and doesn't seem to have read the game much:
These "random buzzwords" was Zach paraphasing Umlaut's #176, which is even written in the quote you've provided. I don't get what you were trying to do here, make Zach look incompetent?

In post 244, Dunnstral wrote:I know I'm one to talk but wow you guys have effectively done nothing
It seems you have picked up on this, but yes you don't have much of a right to say that. You had an opportunity to do something when you came in and instead sheeped Gamma.

Still dislike Umlaut; he's scum. Don't like Aubrey, but coming around to him as potentially town that just annoys me. On board with others on Zach being possible scum. He can have time to shape up though. Don't care for MeowMix's re-entrance. Comes in like he's doing something, but just starts a new wagon on someone with no real suspicion. Makes no effort to comment on anything else that has happened.

In post 250, Zachstralkita wrote:In other news BlackStar votes Umlaut for being competent.

And yeah I guess it is, but I'm pretty desensitized to it by now. You've been on MS exactly as long as I have, aren't you?

You kind of just say "yeah he could be scum" without going into why you voted him (I quoted things related to him from before you voted)

On the other hand, this reminds me that Zach tends to like to hard defend his scum buddies as scum, rather than bus them. I could definitely see Zach as mafia with Umlaut
It's always worth it to look into who scum were pushing. Thanks for quoting the stuff from around when I voted umlaut. I felt that he could be scum at the time because his posts gave off a bad vibe, but I wasn't extremely convinced so I guess that's why I didn't push him hard. Since it was just a slight suspicion I wanted to put pressure on him.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

That's brazy as shit.

Dunnstral wrote:

Spoiler:

Join me!

-----

Lets hear it then.

Spoiler tag removed

I could definitely see you smoking crack out of tinfoil in a Pepsi can. In fact, I just imagine it that way. Makes things easier for me.

Anyways, I townread Umlaut cause I liked a lot of what he said. I may have been kinda biased because he was the only one acting like he had a fucking head on his shoulders in regard to what I was saying to BlackStar at the beginning of the game. Umlaut being scum does not disparage the fact that most of you guys were acting like you were fresh out of the loony bin.

Either way, this is probably the best thing that could have happened. Now these goofy scumbutts are on their toes, and Dunn takes another jab at me for no apparent reason. Please Dunn, display more of your super thought capabilities.

I'm actually pissed because I liked both S_S and Umlaut.

obligatory gif of my hero
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Actually Dunn, I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one you've addressed. You've upgraded from crack to like.. coke.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by BlackStar »

I don't think I was acting like I was fresh out the looney bin lol
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1021, Zachstralkita wrote:Actually Dunn, I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one you've addressed. You've upgraded from crack to like.. coke.
I barely mentioned you compared to the rest of the stuff I wrote out, and what I wrote was justified

I wasn't acting looney either, I was getting voted by and pushed by scum
and aubrey, gamma
all of day 1 and I actually brought up what I feel to be very strong evidence against something_smart (I would have definitely been pushing him today)

Do you still think Mimikyu is scum?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 1023, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1021, Zachstralkita wrote:Actually Dunn, I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one you've addressed. You've upgraded from crack to like.. coke.
I barely mentioned you compared to the rest of the stuff I wrote out, and what I wrote was justified
That I defend my scum buddies? Sure. You act like people can't deliberately play against or toward their meta though, which again reinforces my notion that you take crack smoke directly into your lungs and hold for a good 3-5 seconds.

I'm not too upset about it tho, you spongebob pineapple ass motherfucker.
Dunnstral wrote:
I wasn't acting looney either, I was getting voted by and pushed by scum
and aubrey, gamma
all of day 1 and I actually brought up what I feel to be very strong evidence against something_smart (I would have definitely been pushing him today)
None of the loonies think they're acting looney. That's why they never let you the fuck out.
Dunnstral wrote:
Do you still think Mimikyu is scum?
Think about this question.

Now answer it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”