Mini Normal 2098 - Game Over! (Mafia Won)

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 722, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 720, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 719, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I'm surprised because I think I'm usually an easy target and my reads are weird so I'm usually a liability in LYLO.

Also, I think I had written that before Luca got back, but nonetheless, he's conf!town so I don't need to sort him.

And I think they help me. Me and the scum team know my alignment, but I think that figuring out who other people think are scum when I flip green will help me in saying who I think is scum for tomorrow.
Why wouldn’t you want the conf!towns opinion?

The questions are meant to help you out? In what way? & what are you going to do with the information?
Yes, they're meant to help me out. And
I'd prefer to have it before I disclose why.
And if people would prefer, you can wait until everyone's weighed in and my Lynch is inevitable, but I'd like to weigh in before someone hammers me. Maybe I don't get anything useful out of it, but maybe I do, and if so I'd like to help town out with it.
There were quotes there. I only play on phone. Sorry for screwing that up.[/quote]

I dont get what you’re saying in the bolded part[/quote]

I'm saying that I would like people's number 2 scum reads before I say why I want them. The rest of it explained that I'm comfortable waiting for the rope before that happens, but I'd like it before the hammer.

Pedit: I don't mind his opinion, but it doesn't factor into why I want them.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 723, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 717, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@Billy–
Why do you prefer garmr over me?
Is it cos i’ve Been less vocal this game so easier to fight in lylo

Full disclosure, I've never made LYLO as scum.

I feel like low activity slots would be more difficult to fight in LYLO. I wouldn't be able to use normal town indecision and floppiness against them. E.g. I know I'm erratic as town, I try and play scum a bit more cautiously. I'd be able to highlight all the pushes an active player has made against town and all the times they've protected scum. Inactives wouldn't have that, so all I'd be screeching about is your inactivity.

There’s stilll the main part of that question that didn’t get answered
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 am

Spoiler:
In post 725, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 722, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 720, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 719, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I'm surprised because I think I'm usually an easy target and my reads are weird so I'm usually a liability in LYLO.

Also, I think I had written that before Luca got back, but nonetheless, he's conf!town so I don't need to sort him.

And I think they help me. Me and the scum team know my alignment, but I think that figuring out who other people think are scum when I flip green will help me in saying who I think is scum for tomorrow.
Why wouldn’t you want the conf!towns opinion?

The questions are meant to help you out? In what way? & what are you going to do with the information?
Yes, they're meant to help me out. And
I'd prefer to have it before I disclose why.
And if people would prefer, you can wait until everyone's weighed in and my Lynch is inevitable, but I'd like to weigh in before someone hammers me. Maybe I don't get anything useful out of it, but maybe I do, and if so I'd like to help town out with it.
There were quotes there. I only play on phone. Sorry for screwing that up.

I dont get what you’re saying in the bolded part[/quote]

I'm saying that I would like people's number 2 scum reads before I say why I want them. The rest of it explained that I'm comfortable waiting for the rope before that happens, but I'd like it before the hammer.

Pedit: I don't mind his opinion, but it doesn't factor into why I want them.[/quote]

Off topic. What the hell are you doing to these quotes.

Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 am

@billy– i cant think of a reason for not wanting the conf!towns opinion. So I’m very interested to hear your reasoning when the time comes
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:03 am

I realize why i felt out of touch with this game. So many wall post.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 am

Another mountain to conquer

Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 am

I haven’t read skellen full iso but I’ve read enough to where i think i can clear her.

@skellen~ I might still want to question you a bit.

Like, how many games have you & billy played together?
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 am

I’m gonna go away for a bit so i don’t accidentally burn myself out, again. If anyone needs me, just yell.

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 731, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I haven’t read skellen full iso but I’ve read enough to where i think i can clear her.

This is the first game I started playing with her. Another game [redacted] is ongoing.

Reminder that any discussion of other ongoing games is against site rules.
Last edited by Jackal711 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 726, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 723, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 717, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@Billy–
Why do you prefer garmr over me?
Is it cos i’ve Been less vocal this game so easier to fight in lylo

Full disclosure, I've never made LYLO as scum.

I feel like low activity slots would be more difficult to fight in LYLO. I wouldn't be able to use normal town indecision and floppiness against them. E.g. I know I'm erratic as town, I try and play scum a bit more cautiously. I'd be able to highlight all the pushes an active player has made against town and all the times they've protected scum. Inactives wouldn't have that, so all I'd be screeching about is your inactivity.

There’s stilll the main part of that question that didn’t get answered
I think Garmr is sophisticated enough to have done the thing that on its surface looks less scummy, butnue had all night to assess who the better target was. He came out the gate voting me rather than waiting around to see where he could get a mis-lynch. That fits with his CC of Kraeg but later unvoting him.

I don't think the gamestate makes sense where we have 2 low activity scum. And that would be what we have if it's you and Kraeg. And I think Skellen is town. So if the pool is between you and Garmr then I think the game state makes more sense with Garmr as the partner. And then I'd Lynch you before Skellen. Like i said, if Skellen is scum, well played, I couldn't really get there. So I'm reading Garmr scum for how he played. If you're scummy it's just because you haven't played.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 714, Billy Pilgrim wrote:If instead it's Garmr, then we have Garmr starting off with Luca, then CC'ing Kraeg and expressing intent, then hopping onto Kraeg after Profii unvoted, then he parks on Kraeg for a while before hopping over to Mohab, which put Mohab to L-1 before the self-hammer. Then Garmr is 3rd on the Kraeg wagon on D-2.

I'm killing Profii or Garmr (assuming he's town) N1.
Like to call bs on this I was actually first on kreag day 2 I unvoted and revoted because I thought we could sort him due to his role. Then I realised if he was town and in a mylo/lylo he would lose us the game so it was a win/win for me to lynch him.

Also I would of went through with the claim if not for mohab acting weird and you/kreag trying to justify both roles and you trying to rope me so I wouldn't block you.

Also you say you are killing me or profii but Norwegian has you 100% pinned down and at the time People were still lukewarm about profii (I was starting to lose faith in him tbh.) Also me potentially clashing with luca latter on would be a reason to keep me alive. Day 2 people tried to use Norwegian to frame me I think that may of been profii through then again in my eyes profii hasn't been on top of his game
I blame him
for the kreag wagon fizzling out day 1. So Nor makes sense as a kill for you.

Also my case wasn't built around nor You literally took one "Look at this it's plausible moment" and ignored my case on you again.
I think Garmr is sophisticated enough to have done the thing that on its surface looks less scummy, butnue had all night to assess who the better target was. H
e came out the gate voting me rather than waiting around to see where he could get a mis-lynch
. That fits with his CC of Kraeg but later unvoting him.
Yeah this applies to town me as well I had the whole night phase to go through the game and look for who I thought was scum since the masons were obviously going to get killed.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Garmr »

Honestly there's no actual good reason to scum read me there they all seem reached. You could of easily just went POE and had a better case.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Garmr »

In all those walls of text billy you failed to address the meat of my case. So can you?
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:10 pm

In post 733, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 731, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I haven’t read skellen full iso but I’ve read enough to where i think i can clear her.

This is the first game I started playing with her. Another game where we were playing together started after this, but she replaced out and it is ongoing.
thanks
Skellen
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:18 pm

In post 734, Billy Pilgrim wrote: I think Garmr is sophisticated enough to have done the thing that on its surface looks less scummy, butnue had all night to assess who the better target was. He came out the gate voting me rather than waiting around to see where he could get a mis-lynch. That fits with his CC of Kraeg but later unvoting him.

have you sr him at any other point in this game?

how come I’m not the better target in the over night plotting? I wasn’t active before this day started. I think my activity took a irl day or so to actually pick up too, not that that has anything to do with overnight plotting
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:19 pm

@garmr– what if billy is green, who you shooting for after?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 740, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@garmr– what if billy is green, who you shooting for after?
Well I think Skellen is town. So you are the only one left poe. But I think billy is the scum here and will end the game.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:31 pm

cool. I thought you were going to say that, then me this. I think he’s scum too. I just want everyone to check in then bling blam blop we put him on the choppin’ block.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think it could be any of Billy, Flippy or Garmr. Skellen hasn't been massively Townie imo, but she is far less of a SR than the other three so I'm inclined to agree that we need to almost clear her as Town at this stage.

Reading back I'm starting to lean Town on Billy, because his interactions in and around the time Kraeg was about to claim feels like he's genuinely trying to work the game out. He has a habit of posting walls with little content in this game which is pinging me a bit, and his immediate reaction to Kraeg's claim also pinged me. I'm thinking of sparing him for today, however. Some of Billy's direct interactions with Kraeg make him look bad on the surface, which also makes me feel like he could be town given scum have daychat; for example, when Billy told Kraeg not to claim as intent hadn't been posted (even though it actually had).

Flippy is probably the best lynch today. I can't see anything that makes me think he is town. I can relate to his distant attitude and feeling burnt out etc as I'm feeling the same atm, but I feel like he is scum who doesn't believe they'll win, due to having a partner like Kraeg who everyone SR on D1. He didn't really have anything to do with the Kraeg wagon but then immediately declares intent when he's put to L-1 - this struck me even at the time like he was trying to get in on some towncred late on.

Garmr's play would be risky coming from scum, but it's feasible when having a 'weak' scum partner (no offence intended) that he could play some heavy distancing games. The fact he was so quick to see through the claim and was willing to make the terrible 'town' play of fake CC'ing would make more sense if he were Kraeg's partner. The fact he later reconsidered and went for Mohab would make sense given losing his partner D1, even with gained towncred, would make it difficult to bring home the victory. He then went after Kraeg again but then thought he was Town after the Masons claim - I can kind of see why he might have thought this, but it still looks kind of bad.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:33 pm

In post 743, Luca Blight wrote:I think it could be any of Billy, Flippy or Garmr. Skellen hasn't been massively Townie imo, but she is far less of a SR than the other three so I'm inclined to agree that we need to almost clear her as Town at this stage.

Reading back I'm starting to lean Town on Billy, because his interactions in and around the time Kraeg was about to claim feels like he's genuinely trying to work the game out. He has a habit of posting walls with little content in this game which is pinging me a bit, and his immediate reaction to Kraeg's claim also pinged me. I'm thinking of sparing him for today, however. Some of Billy's direct interactions with Kraeg make him look bad on the surface, which also makes me feel like he could be town given scum have daychat; for example, when Billy told Kraeg not to claim as intent hadn't been posted (even though it actually had).
how many other times have you played with billy?

In post 743, Luca Blight wrote: Flippy is probably the best lynch today. I can't see anything that makes me think he is town. I can relate to his distant attitude and feeling burnt out etc as I'm feeling the same atm, but I feel like he is scum who doesn't believe they'll win, due to having a partner like Kraeg who everyone SR on D1. He didn't really have anything to do with the Kraeg wagon but then immediately declares intent when he's put to L-1 - this struck me even at the time like he was trying to get in on some towncred late on.
isn’t that what you said our last game then I died & scum won that game soooo just saying. why’s it so SUS I was trying to
kill
someone

I’ve been that way the whole game. surely if I was scum I wouldn’t think im going to loose from the very beginning. it wouldn’t be till now that im saying to myself “things are getting tough”

In post 743, Luca Blight wrote: Garmr's play would be risky coming from scum, but it's feasible when having a 'weak' scum partner (no offence intended) that he could play some heavy distancing games. The fact he was so quick to see through the claim and was willing to make the terrible 'town' play of fake CC'ing would make more sense if he were Kraeg's partner. The fact he later reconsidered and went for Mohab would make sense given losing his partner D1, even with gained towncred, would make it difficult to bring home the victory. He then went after Kraeg again but then thought he was Town after the Masons claim - I can kind of see why he might have thought this, but it still looks kind of bad.
im going to have to go back & look at that. but for me its between billy>Garmr
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Assume my vote is on billy
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This is my third game with Billy.

Last game I (wrongly) SR you for blatantly scummy behaviour. This time it's more just a floating through attitude with no real purpose.

On the whole both Billy and Garmr have had more 'scummier' behaviour this game, but at the same time also have given me more reasons to TR them over you.

I'm still not entirely sure of my decision today, but I'm still leaning towards lynching you. As I said, I could be wrong and it could feasibly be either Billy or Garmr. It's a tough decision as I can see points against all three of you.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

so one town? one where he was scum then replaced out, & this one

what do you count as
blatant scum behavior
?

this part isn’t on topic of the game I’m curious.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

For example when you were lining up future lynches based on your scumread flipping green. When you fake-claimed vig, and where you completely dropped into the background during important parts of the day. They’re just the three points that spring to mind from that game.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 pm

oh right, right, right. I did do that

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”