Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by redtea »

let me try
VOTE: BananaCucho
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:36 am

Post by redtea »

Sorry for these nothing posts, on mobile. I've kinda skimmed the thread and have more to say. Be back later.
In post 24, androgybee wrote:If it decreased I'd probably just say nothing since everyone will say corruption without a color code and bolding anyway lol.
If it increased it and I was scum I'd just say nothing and literally wack everyone. This is the one it does btw I am just stupid.

Bow down to my strength as I proceed to tag all of you.

~Bee
If someone hasn't said it already, friendly reminder people could have a super special win condition we accidentally feed into.
Given how overly complex that'd make androgybee's role I doubt they do though.
In post 85, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 80, androgybee wrote:BananaCucho are you a third party?
Wanting corruptions sounds very 3p to me, I guess a town role with the power to tag literally everyone could make your role town?. Like what your describing doesn't make sense as either town or scum to me lol.

~Bee
No I'm town. It'll make more sense later, trust me

If I was 3rd party that would be messed up, me not having a vote day 1 was outted since the beginning lol. "Where's banana in the vc?"

Even if I held off explaining that bit and held off voting people would be suspicious by EOD why I've gone so long without voting
"It'll make more sense later".
:/
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by redtea »

i kind of hate everyone involved for flinging shit for 50 posts instead of waiting for SS to come back. Not one (1) person suggested doing so.

Anyway
In post 188, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And also answer why i'm mafia together with a dweeb such as Redtea.
r00d
also related to what I'm about to say
In post 210, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:Indeed, if I tried to fit together a comprehensive picture them townreading you would make you less likely to be partners.
Perfect, since we do townread Norwegianboi.

-Dumbass
I'll admit right now I have no reads formed in my head, therefore at present I'm not indicating any read on D&D here. But there's a lot of "gutsy scum" types of posts such as these in this thread, and speaking from a personal standpoint, are not helpful to town.
Like I get being cheeky once in a while, but it does seem pervasive in this game and the thing is, that only makes it easier for maf to navigate.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by redtea »

oh you know what I never
UNVOTE: bananacucho
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by redtea »

Here I am at it again, multiposting. Feels bad.
In post 146, redtea wrote:
In post 85, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 80, androgybee wrote:BananaCucho are you a third party?
Wanting corruptions sounds very 3p to me, I guess a town role with the power to tag literally everyone could make your role town?. Like what your describing doesn't make sense as either town or scum to me lol.

~Bee
No I'm town. It'll make more sense later, trust me

If I was 3rd party that would be messed up, me not having a vote day 1 was outted since the beginning lol. "Where's banana in the vc?"

Even if I held off explaining that bit and held off voting people would be suspicious by EOD why I've gone so long without voting
"It'll make more sense later".
:/
Just for you bananacucho: indicating you have a special role without elaborating is usually to earn brownie points for "revealing" details but without giving the whole of your role away, or leaving a telling hint regarding it, it doesn't actually point to any alignment. Now, obviously, some parts of your role were revealed to us by the mod through the vc. I know that's out of your hands. But it doesn't make sense to entertain someone's thoughts about your role this way; not outside of how your role would interact with Bee's FC'd role. In other words, it's strange to engage in convo about what alignment your role seems to lean to rather than the sheer mechanics of it, especially now, and especially when you're not going to get into all the details of your role right now anyways.
Not to mention: no one would sus you for clearly not being included in the vc in any way. We'd wonder about what your role is exactly, sure, but you didn't wait for us to cross that bridge. And you didn't actually need to "explain" any bit at all.

Don't take this as me asking for a full role reveal. I'm not asking for that; don't claim if it's not imperative, yada yada.

This has been my elaboration of ":/".
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by redtea »

(o
it wasn't multiposting anymore
feels good)
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 215, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 212, redtea wrote:I'll admit right now I have no reads formed in my head, therefore at present I'm not indicating any read on D&D here. But there's a lot of "gutsy scum" types of posts such as these in this thread, and speaking from a personal standpoint, are not helpful to town.
Like I get being cheeky once in a while, but it does seem pervasive in this game and the thing is, that only makes it easier for maf to navigate.
I've been trying to tone myself down if you're referring to me.
I did include you in that post, so. One of the people, yeah.
I mean, that's good.
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:My post was never intended as a comprehensive solve,
Actually. You did specifically say: "EASY GAME PEOPLE LELELELE" which made me believe that was your final game solve.
But this is a joke right.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 295, Starbuck wrote:This is not the climax that I was hoping for.
Paused in my reading™, to say: right??! And they really could've waited instead of the back and forth??
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by redtea »

Oh wow
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by redtea »

So this is a bit of a follow-up to my last (acutal) post.
In post 234, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 232, catboi wrote:
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:My post was never intended as a comprehensive solve,
Actually. You did specifically say: "EASY GAME PEOPLE LELELELE" which made me believe that was your final game solve.
(,,Ծ‸Ծ,, ) And you took a page 8 post as a serious gamesolve because...?
Because i just played a game with someone that fucking hard tunneled me from page 2 and literally called me/another guy the scum team and i had to fight their bone headed tunnel for 10 pages before i got lynched and flipped town. Sorry if you're different, i get kind of twitchy when i see myself included in scum reads early.
To me this looks like you were about to start beef with catboi, and were assuming we wouldn't find their joke about having solved the game in good town-taste. But since multiple people went "wait what? It was a joke though?" you began backtracking.
Related: I don't like that banancucho gave up so quick in . He hopped on and off this issue pretty quick.
In post 254, Porkens wrote:*232 by catboi is a scum-point ping.
I understand getting a scum-ping from if it was about his reads not being serious, but it was about it not being a serious
solve
. Did you misread that? Keep in mind the og quote is a partial one of .

I don't blame catboi for moving on to push Jackel btw. That doesn't make me not interested in this shit anymore though.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 258, Joey_ wrote:Red’s post are the worse in the game so far; exclusively showing a scum pov, being almost too self-aware, apologetic, not inquisitive by answering for the person hes asking/talking to. He sounds like a monologue and NEE “What’s a joke?” Is more towny to me than red’s 3 last wall. It says a lot
I have to wall! I've been such a slowpoke

More seriously:
Joey's very recent hardass posts and have me reading him as town. That and the fact that after people pointed out he wasn't posting well, he really stepped up his game and has been going strong. The fact he both changed and kept it up is very town to me. I feel like maf are more prone to having a surge of posts before falling back again, or will pick a fight to have something easy to respond to without really hunting. This might be a big reason others are tr'ing him now, and I agree.

Also
I maf-lean Norwegian and possibly banana (I have a couple things to go back to) and I don't think Norwegian would implicate two scum partners in in his town reads so. Any ill-feelings I had towards Joey before don't really have room here.
Not to mention the likelihood of grouping together any three players and having
one
of them flip maf. So take this as me teasing the idea of Norwe/banana, though either/or is more realistic.

Oh, and I just remembered I have a WILD idea. I know how this sounds. Trust me, I know, I knew immediately how it would sound. But what if bananacucho needs corruption for, not voting, but for wincon/to unlock a special ability. Because he can't vote, then he must gain corruption a different way, as we know. So, should we be more wary of a possible corruption-giver giving corruption (town or maf role)?
No, because it wouldn't really be a big deal given what the mod's said.
But
maybe something will be different Day 2 and we should look out for it.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by redtea »

Something different that isn't obvious by banana having a vote if that happens is what I mean, ofc.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:43 am

Post by redtea »

:roll:
In post 352, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is it backtracking when they literally told me it was a joke?
Or are you assuming town!me would be able to tell that their post was a joke?
In post 347, redtea wrote:To me this looks like you were about to start beef with catboi, and were
assuming we wouldn't find their joke about having solved the game in good town-taste.
But since multiple people went "wait what? It was a joke though?" you began backtracking.
The bolded part extends to catboi flat-out saying it was a joke.
In post 355, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Saying Joey’s posts are a reason to TR Joey, but not saying anything at all about the subject of discussion (Jackel98) is a bit weird.
Is it though?
I have no real thoughts on Jackel mostly because we've had no interactions. Which is both of our faults really.
In post 436, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Yeah I was just speaking with my other head about how jackel's reads don't exactly match up with her actions
Townreading you while saying nor is her biggest scumread while he's your biggest townread just feels a bit off

(But then I did follow up with that I would imagine that some scum would be hyper-aware of that incongruity and would try to sidestep it/buddy the declared townread by making sure to engage with their declared townread about how they differ on that. But I'm not sure if
all
scum would approach it that way, or only more skilled/experienced scum. I feel like skilled scum would try to do the buddying, while unskilled scum might not realize they need to. Not sure how much that made sense or how well I got that across)

I don't remember who the other person is tho

- Dumber
Jackel did explicitly say that her tr was based on play and not Joey's reads. The decent course of action I would expect in such a situation is to converse with Joey about the reads she disagrees with, or to interact with the players on the other ends of those reads. And she
has
interacted with a couple differing reads, one being Norwegian, but. He happens to be, apparently, a strong scumread anyway. The other is their little aside in [153, 161, 165], about Bee. This one was before stating a Joey TR.
Basically what I'm trying to say is, Jackel and Joey have such a polarized difference in their reads on Norwegian that I wouldn't expect Jackel (as scum or town) to give up their read. But Jackel hasn't interacted with any softer maf or any town reads that differ from Joey's, nor interacted with Joey on those.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 am

Post by redtea »

uh
no idea why there's a smilie there
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 am

Post by redtea »

In post 357, BananaCucho wrote: On the other hand, a pre-flip association on me/you based off of me backing off of you quickly on a question feels kinda... lazy?
I did emphasize that the "team" possibility was not strong.
In post 440, Dumb and Dumber wrote:My spicy take for a scumread is Starbuck.

- Dumber
I didn't have this thought til Starbuck's , but technically deriving any kind of alignment out of that's dependent on a flip or a miracle shift in Norwegian and/or Jackel reads in our little zeitgeist.

The other, not-dependent thought is she does seem to slot herself pretty well into friendly elder neighborhood villager pretty well.
In post 409, NDMath wrote:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
Who do you currently scumread then?

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.
I was putting NDMath off since he doesn't have all that many posts but- I've never liked him.
This is the post we go back to if there's a Jackel flip.

Aside from this post of mine, did someone say something about how an NDMath flip would be informational? Or am I misremembering who that was about.
We've only got three days or so.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:09 am

Post by redtea »

In post 447, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 446, redtea wrote:
In post 357, BananaCucho wrote: On the other hand, a pre-flip association on me/you based off of me backing off of you quickly on a question feels kinda... lazy?
I did emphasize that the "team" possibility was not strong.
Hold on

So what is your read on me exactly? You've backed off it a bit it seems according to this post, but I've been defending you for having a differing perspective

So I need you to be really clear here.
Oh no, I haven't backed off. I was referring to this
In post 348, redtea wrote:So take this as me teasing the idea of Norwe/banana, though either/or is more realistic.
But if you'd like, I've had since gone back as I said I would and, more specifically, my maf-lean on you comes from that your posts mostly seemed to be throwing questions out like candy to people with a handful of follow-ups, and it's only recently (having come to the topic of me, and then jackel) that you've really seemed to "hunker down" on a discussion. Maybe that's your playstyle or something, but even then it wasn't like you struck out towards that discussion on your own.
...I was going to compare you to another player and how their posts seem similar but better, but actually. I
could
see them as scum-coordinator and you following along.
Hm.

To be honest though, I would not vote you today. Norwegian, NDMath, and if people really want to for Results, even Jackal I would hammer or put at E-1 or 2. The problem with the first two is that there are no votes on them. Heck, I'm tied for most votes. I don't think I'm gonna
change minds
here.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 am

Post by redtea »

In post 449, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've been warming up to D/D as well from his latest posts talking about slots like NDMath and S_S that i've been focusing less on. So i'm banking on a Joey/Banana/Dumb & Dumber towncore for now.
ooh, the theories. Ooh, the possibilities
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by redtea »

Something_Smart or somebody what does rand town mean
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by redtea »

I thought bell's Post 2 was a lowkey sr, or otherwise being skeptical of trs on him.
I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by redtea »

Anyway, what I came here for
In post 460, androgybee wrote:Redtea do you have any confident reads or nah?
I am reading your ISO and I see a lot of thoughts but I am unable to paint a clear picture as to what any of them mean.

~Bee
Fair. A lot of it's associative, dependent, etc etc useless garbage atm.
If Norwegian were to magically flip town at some point, that would force me to re-evaluate absolutely everything about this whole game. The one alternative is if a specific person acted maf enough to spin the axis of my perspective to them taking advantage of a town!Norwe. But that would be the one exception. I hope this gives a decent impression of how I don't think I could let my jaws off if I wanted. Sorry this is about the only read I have much conviction of.

On the side of town reads: for some reason catboi seems to be one of the most consistent players. I don't think a single insidious thing about them has stood out to me. Maybe their posts since the "troll-vote mess" appeal to me in a way that allow them to coast like butter on my radar for some reason. Is it just me?
Like, does everyone at least null catboi rn? Though I suppose this isn't an imperative question for today.
I guess this isn't a "strong read", since I'll have to figure out why exactly I read them positively. But I'll put it out there while I'm here.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by redtea »

they're saying the necessity of 3 prods is indicative enough of a slow game. Which, personally, as a sometimes-accidental-lurker who sometimes-accidentally lets the pages pile up, I have to disagree with.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 561, Joey_ wrote:
In post 554, redtea wrote:I thought bell's Post 2 was a lowkey sr, or otherwise being skeptical of trs on him.
I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
Nah, i read is has NEE sr game is abysmal and just by being town and saying words, he'salready more towny than when he's mafia
(FTR I don't think NEE's s game is abysmal, I just read it like that)
Oh fuck I see, I completely misunderstood it.
In post 566, Joey_ wrote:
In post 554, redtea wrote: I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
Can you expand on that part, who are you talking about; Adrogybee?
No, it's the last post of five of bell's you quoted.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 571, Bell wrote:VOTE: RedTea

Hi. Is there anything in your gameplay so far that you think makes you town that you wouldn't do as scum and could you share that?
aw, no need to vote. I'm here, I'll answer your questions.
1) I'm not pushing anyone in the water
2) the one forum game I played as maf I posted 12 times over 1000 posts and was eliminated. I'm not proud. So I'm afraid not. You're outta luck.

Sorry I'll get to you in a sec joey, I think we have a misunderstanding goin
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 586, catboi wrote:
In post 576, Joey_ wrote:
In post 573, Bell wrote:Joey, why do you hate being town read and not being interacted with if you post like that and have a cat avatar.
''Post like that''? I think my content is easily engage-able, i kinda can't help it though. My main site is a chat mafia; so I am used to react to everything and post a shit ton

I dislike being tred because it makes everything harder.
Is everyone secretly from EM or what
yes
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by redtea »

This is my fault for thinking I can be coherent without quoting.
I'm referring to
In post 536, Bell wrote:Talk to me Norwee, Banana. From what I recall a stump is somebody who can't do anything, can they be mafia or only town? You've been acting like it from a tone post, but I saw that you don't like tone reads so instead I'll ask you if you could tell me what you think of RedTea, Beeboy hydra, and dumb and dumber if you don't mind?
In post 550, Joey_ wrote: Post 5: Talking to 2 universals trs ish implying she trs them (no waves)
Ask about mechanics (no waves here)
Then ask the tr'd people for reads, she is even showing that she is being apologetic/passive with ''if you don't mind''.

I mean, c'mon, hardly any waves
What I was saying in is that immediately @'ing the main trs is a very inexperienced-maf tactic.
And... looking at Bell's join date. It is recent. I don't know if he has much prior experience.

But I was assuming experience when I made the post. It was weird to me that he'd do such a brazenly maf-looking thing; since it is such, one then might assume
he'd be aware of that
, and is making either a gutsy move as maf or intends to challenge the status quo, but will start out doing so by requesting fresh input.
My first instinct is to go with the former.

Basically: maf using such an inexperienced maf tactic in order to lead others to think no maf-aligned player would seriously do that. That's what my post was trying to say.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 580, Bell wrote: @pedit: I mean, Tea how am I supposed to pressure you without the vote.
@Joey, I'm null reading him.
I just barely came off of being a wagon target you silly man.

Also I'm gonna fuck off for now but I thank Porkens for trying to explain rand to me unfortunately my dumb ass still doesn't understand
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by redtea »

Not impossible banana. You
would
make perfect sense as a third-party stump to be honest. Don't think it's worth getting too into the possibility though.
In post 868, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 858, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I highly doubt S_S kill was scum motivated. We probably just have a bad vig or something. Because S_S wasn’t exactly prime townread material.
But. S_S townread Rat for saintass roleplay. Because they probably thought that Rat was tryna take a bullet for them

Maybe scum picked up on that
As 0% likely as this is, this post actually struck me as towny. What keeps it towny is that 0%.
Unless read from a maf-partners with Bell(form. Rat) point of view but I don't know that I'm ready to dive into that possibility.
So I at least neutral you. For now.
I'll also, for the record, despite me being the only person afaik who's delved into this section of conspiracy-land, say that I see this exchange as explicitly not s/s.
In post 850, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This Porkens wagon has way too much support already. We need a CW just in case this is wrong. Let’s not lynch too soon.
My current reads:

Catboi/Dumb & Dumber/Banana/Androgybee/Redtea likely town.
If i’m wrong on someone it’s probably either Androgybee or Redtea but i don’t think it’s likely.

I agree with what D/D said about Starbuck ISO.
Still not townreading Jackel like at all.
Porkens based on Joey’s points against them.
Bell

PoE pool is: Jackel98/Starbuck/Porkens/Bell
Less sure about Bell, but i haven’t really seen anything from them that makes me think: "this is town" yet. So not putting them out from my lynch candidates.
I agree in that I don't wanna ride this Porkens wagon with what we have, but this is an interesting, obv hard way of shifting discussion. There isn't any analysis of this push on Porkens. Not in a "maf saving his buddy" kind of way, but a "maf taking up the mantle of 'the sensible one'" since there's no way this wagon would carry through the whole day (and ofc rushing an elimination is always a risky tactic) so might as well jump the gun to score town points. Still carefully including Porkens in the PoE.
Could
be an out-there move to save a buddy, but gut says otherwise. That and . That's legitimate hunting and acting with town. Though he never really branched out from there on that. The alternative imo is to push Porkens today, continue where Joey left off if Norwe was into his points (can't say I was) but, again, instead of analysis on Porkens or shit around them it's. It's this. Kinda weird.

Agree with him on Jackel/Bell/Starbuck being an eliminatable pool though and I don't know how to feel about that.
In post 795, Bell wrote:I would not share corruption values.
Why not?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by redtea »

nO
In post 886, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well, we can always do Jackel98 if we get cold feet. The safest lynch of all.
Establishing a "fall-back" this early in the day is setting up a rush-elimination later.
The beginning of a day is work. You gotta work for a buildup. Isn't it easier to just... rely completely on the gamestate of yesterday?
This is def maf behavior dudes.

AAA but I can't deny it would be a USEFUL FLIP.

but we just had TWO towns die.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by redtea »

I feel so called out right now I can't even describe.
I don't even num read you but I hope you feel better knowing you only decently lean maf now.
I'd still eliminate you on a dime tho.
In post 895, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 894, redtea wrote:The beginning of a day is work. You gotta work for a buildup. Isn't it easier to just... rely completely on the gamestate of yesterday?
This is def maf behavior dudes.
Are you saying Jackel has been looking better since yesterday? Because to me they just kinda look worse.
No, it's about you locking her in as a fallback for elimination. I believe in a balance: keeping the previous day's play in mind as you start on solid land. People who deviate too much in either direction (relying on yesterday's plays <-> encouraging a fresh start).

Also shoutout to
Joey
if you're reading this ty for explaining for me. I think I get it.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by redtea »

Nah, my one prev account is listed, we haven't played any together. I briefly skimmed the town!you that you linked some time ago. Suppose it's worth looking at again.
In post 896, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Like, you're giving me really strong "naive town" vibes Redtea.
I mean. Yeah.
In post 897, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also a Joey/me team is definitely off the table now.
YEAH I KNOW I I've tr him SINCE #348 jeez grandpa
In post 900, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 899, redtea wrote:No, it's about you locking her in as a fallback for elimination. I believe in a balance: keeping the previous day's play in mind as you start on solid land. People who deviate too much in either direction (relying on yesterday's plays encouraging a fresh start).
This is a fresh start, a fresh start to get scum lynched. And Jackel is still scum. I just didn't see how we could gain the necessary support for it yesterday when there was so little time left so it turned to NDMath.
Fair. Actually fuck it.
VOTE: Jackel

Seriously though don't mistake this vote as me buddying you. I just had some thoughts that're temporarily putting me in this position that aligns with whatever agenda you got here.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by redtea »

hell fairies dude
what're ya gonna do
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:45 am

Post by redtea »

In post 905, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I'm feeling a little bit unsure on Jackel, cool with the vote though.
Joey NK over Banana is mildly ? to me.

-Dumbass
To be fair they can't kill twice. I mean probably not.
You'd put banana at a higher priority?
That I can recall at a moment's notice, people referenced joey in their reads-list reasoning more than banana. Doesn't mean people
did
sheep his reads more but he was certainly referenced enough to stick out in my head.
Think you're onto something.
In post 914, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 910, Porkens wrote:The only reason Joey thought you were town was your saintass crumb, I’m pretty sure.
Actually they wrote a bunch of paragraphs. And you're just going to ignore that and say all they did was TR me for something they didn't even talk about?
It was mainly about Porkens not being around. He went off, the "paragraphs" against them weren't exactly substantial.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Porkens's responses seem spot on in tone but that's what makes it kinda sus, when they don't back it up.
Personally however I don't think any alternate perspectives of Porkens can be formed without letting up the pressure for now. It doesn't seem right to come down this hard just as they're getting back to the game.

I encourage people to look at past Porkens and NEE games. I just did for like 20 mins.
This is all kinda weak.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:58 am

Post by redtea »

Also note NEE didn't step up until Porkens called his approach to their wagon weak. Feels like maf covering his weak spots. A towny-er mindset would be to be confident in .

Want to see what others have to say, but I'm not voting Porkens anytime soon. Not cool with pushing this right now anymore.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:58 am

Post by redtea »

I know what you mean NEE, but I do think it's for the best.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 947, Bell wrote: @RedTea I think players at E-1 should probably(?)claim their corruption level. But if mafia/thirdparty or whatever can raise corruption you give them a target.

Banana doubt checks out, he mentioned being a little lost yesterday, but it's hard to follow since he didn't have a vote.

@RedTea, Why are you ignoring Porkens holding unto their D1 reads. When you yourself said that maf totally does this?
I'm a little confused: for what reason? I don't know if one can really get info from that like one would a role-claim. Not in that situation anyway.
Counter-proposal: people about to hammer with 1 corruption should claim; people about to end the day with 2 corruption should claim. :wink:

It's reasonable to respond to someone sr'ing you on the current day. If you happen to sr right back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not to mention Porkens brought up a today-post to begin with. What do you think about Norwe specfically here?

I wanna throw out there that I'd be surprised if Starbuck/Porkens was a thing.
D&D's recent tidbit on Starbuck is interesting and makes me willing to look at Starbuck- others seem interested. Same time, I don't want to sweep this Porkens/Norwe shit into a corner.
And Starbuck isn't really around . . .

Spoiler: irl
I keep the site open in the bg sometimes so it stays in mind. Either I'm giving it time for people to respond/I'm busy/probably the first then the second, if I'm on for a while with no posts.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 957, androgybee wrote:no one has even mentioned us today. i dont care about any of you people.
we were just waitin for you to come round, come backk
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1011, Bell wrote: Line 2 regarding Norwe, generally he's beenactive enough that I'm semi-content to just interact with him throughout the day and just develop a good solid read on him. The interaction, two things one was that Norwe stated that he didn't want to end the day too early, then posted 915# which seems pretty unrealistic in thinking that Porkens would get flash wagoned it had been a day and he wanted to let it breathe, but turned around. I'm pretty skeptical about anger and see how that could be a way of reversing a position to something more advantageous to them personally.
I'm a little confused by your last sentence. Are you talking about Porkens or NEE there?
In post 1015, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Question, do you have any abilities that use 2 corruption but you’ll die the next night if you use it?
Because i might be able to counter that ill effect.
This might be coming to a head.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1049, Jackel98 wrote:
In post 1046, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That doesn't seem strong enough to then advocate for eliminating + vigging both me and Starbuck, where it would put us at ELo if you're wrong twice. Is there any reasoning beyond this for me being your #1 scumpick?
I had this thought and then reread, he actually said if "one of them flips scum, vig the other"
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by redtea »

man i fucked up the quote the fuck
In post 1049, Jackel98 wrote:That doesn't seem strong enough to then advocate for eliminating + vigging both me and Starbuck, where it would put us at ELo if you're wrong twice. Is there any reasoning beyond this for me being your #1 scumpick?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Post by redtea »

But how is that town behavior
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am

Post by redtea »

Gotta say doesn't really look the same to me
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by redtea »

I agree with D&D about Bell's claim looking towny.
In post 1061, Bell wrote:It should be noted that my role has a compulsive element to it, so I can’t not spread corruption around.
If anyone has a way to reduce corruption or has some means of turning it to their advantage that can be changed.
this extra bit seems like a legitimate role mechanic.

I could almost see it as a maf role if there were fewer maf or something, like they get NK + corruption to make up for it. But with corruption-reducing abilities existent, and the fact that to maximize their play they'd have to actively avoid hammering- it seems unlikely to me.
In post 1126, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1123, redtea wrote:But how is that town behavior
I keep having great reads, but some town always suspect me over scum because "hOw Is iT tOwN bEhAvIoUr tO dO X??!?" (X= Deviant behaviour of the week)
The reason my behavior includes things players don't understand is because i play mafia in a way that is entertaining for myself. I don't want a leash.
I get playing what's fun, but you actively sr Jackel. Do you think engaging with her is going to make you look bad to town? Give her a chance to redeem herself?

Also I'm gonna UNVOTE: because I was wanting for Jackel to get more involved, now she is and her recent posts aren't bad, and NEE is being weird about it.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by redtea »

I agree with Starbuck's reads tbh
In post 1102, catboi wrote:The bothersome thing about Starbuck continually defending low activity players from a "policy push" is that she has this kneejerk response while not having any real alternative. It'd be one thing if she thought this was an attempt to distract from voting someone scummier, but as it is she seems to be assuming the lurkers are inherently innocent and I really don't like that. This also doesn't really square with how she was willing to vote NDMath because "Some of my town reads are scum reading him" - given most of the people on him were active players, it would assume she's not scumreading them, so who is supposed to be left, exactly? (and also, how was NDMath somehow not a policy vote by her standards)
Considering Starbuck was making an effort to simultaneously catch up and talk/interact about recent stuff, yesterday, it just seems wrong to downplay her efforts like NEE is doing. The problem is where the line is being drawn between "acceptable lurker behavior" and "acceptable to sr lurker behavior". Her stance is replace-ins should be given room. People on V/LA (or should have been) should be given room. People who have been around since the beginning and are actively choosing not to participate are entirely open for scrutiny.

Not that the first two are ai in any way, but why not go after people who are the last one, or an active or semi-active player, in the meantime? Does their material or lack of not have more validity/basis? Does this not reduce the chances of a miselimination?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by redtea »

Engagement, specifically with Starbuck (positive interaction with a common maf-lean), asking about/clarifying banana's reads, trying to talk with NE (who sr's her). Her opinions don't seem to change with the wind either. Good enough with me for now.
As mechanics are actually kind of coming into play here I'm not sure what to think about her not delving into it too much. Could be overly-cautious town or maf honestly. or just no thoughts head empty.
Though I don't think I have either actually. Personally I'm mostly sold on catboi's idea of vig claiming, since surely we have a proper protector role. Only caveat is they can't protect the widespread townread banana at the same time. What do you think of that, catboi?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1145, Bell wrote:the active players here are making decisions that are probably AI. There isn’t as much need to pressure there because they’re creating their own AI content without much prompting.while the goal is to eliminate mafia everyday, the secondary goal is to create the conditions to eliminate mafia the next day and that requires AI posts.
Sure, but
what's the point of pressuring someone who's already doing what they can
, is what I'm saying. I jumped on the opportunity to contribute to pressure on Jackel (albeit weakly, everyone else was doing most of the work/actively sr her). But I don't see the point on doing that to Starbuck or Porkens. Why not, say, androgybee.

Of course, don't just pile on the lurker, but one can criticize their lurker-ness
and
directly interact with them.
If they. Come around.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by redtea »

Starbuck SL's/R's NEE and null's Jackel
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by redtea »

srry for all these
From Jackel's perspective, I'm the null one (I think).
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by redtea »

Then what's
this
In post 1067, Starbuck wrote:I'm not exactly V/LA so I don't like to use it, but maybe I should have.
I SAID HER READS ALREADY SFKJAKLUDSHH
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by redtea »

Good point on the vig kill. I'll trust your judgement there, I've never been spectacular about weighing that stuff
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1159, catboi wrote:(♯▼皿▼)Wait, this is total bullshit, both jackel and starbuck come out saying to look at joey's townreads and yet they're both trying to push norwee, who joey had as obvtown, the do-nothing lurker side of the game is actively trying to rip apart the towncore from day 1, this is very much a deliberate action even if they're not all scum, it's really easy to see what's going on.
They said once (1) it was worth revisiting after the flip. Starbuck has consistently doubted his reads, and we all know Jackel's simultaneous TR on him + not agreeing with his reads.
Jackel went back and didn't gain any useful info from his tr's. I don't think Starbuck has yet. But
This isn't a sudden change of narrative.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by redtea »

I'll join
VOTE: androgybee do you have any solid "will/won't eliminate today"s? Seems to be a Thing.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1162, catboi wrote:
In post 1160, redtea wrote:
In post 1159, catboi wrote:(♯▼皿▼)Wait, this is total bullshit, both jackel and starbuck come out saying to look at joey's townreads and yet they're both trying to push norwee, who joey had as obvtown, the do-nothing lurker side of the game is actively trying to rip apart the towncore from day 1, this is very much a deliberate action even if they're not all scum, it's really easy to see what's going on.
They said once (1) it was worth revisiting after the flip.
Starbuck has consistently doubted his reads, and we all know Jackel's simultaneous TR on him + not agreeing with his reads.

Jackel went back and didn't gain any useful info from his tr's. I don't think Starbuck has yet. But
This isn't a sudden change of narrative.
Paying lip service to a dead townie while actively working to discredit their reads is scummy, there's no excuse for it. If hey were just stating disagreement it'd be one thing but they both went ut of the way to comment on his townreads and then not ake it into account at all - this is not a genuine thought process of people looking to evaluate his opinions but words of people trying to appear conscientious.
redtea wrote:I'll join
VOTE: androgybee do you have any solid "will/won't eliminate today"s? Seems to be a Thing.
What's your justification? Your only mention of them has been them not doing anything while you've been deflecting away from porkens and starbuck for being similarly non-contributive.
No, the bolded is from D1. The only comment on his reads from
today
is "we should go back and look at it", and Jackel saying she couldn't make anything of Joey's tr's.

I've already stated why Porkens'/Starbuck's lurker states are different than androgybee's.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by redtea »

You're making a lot of assumptions here catboi and I'm not here for it
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:44 am

Post by redtea »

what I don't understand is why people think with 4 days left that we're definitely carrying these votes to the end of D2.

banana you're at odds with catboi on when a seeming to be increasingly unlikely vig should claim. If there is one they're liable to follow the bigger common tr's advice.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:45 am

Post by redtea »

Oh
Huh
Or are we :wink: :o
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:58 am

Post by redtea »

What's y'all's reasoning for not including Jackel in the elimination pool anymore?

Sorry, I try. Helps when I use quotes but sometimes I get a little over-confident with my coherence. Or I'm on mobile, as I am now.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1256, androgybee wrote:gonna hold that card close to the chest for a bit. will have time to actually play this weekend (apologies, just started a new job). will assess if it's worth it to trigger then.

~nahdia
is the cost 2/3 corruption that someone could potentially take care of or is it a shitton which renders it a "if you really fuckin need a conf town
right now, today
" kind of thing.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1228, Porkens wrote:Half the game reads scumreads as town so I don’t know what the contradiction is. As far as I can tell scum are actively trying to mastermind the game and set up mislynch dominos.
As tempting as it is this is usually unlikely though.
Think Porkens is kinda taking advantage of this rift
Porkens has a point that "towncore" =/ immune but like
me and others already had reads that cut into said "towncore" so like
this really necessary
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by redtea »

doesn't make sense to keep this on rn
UNVOTE:
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by redtea »

VOTE: Porkens
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1361, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My role isn't super powerful so i don't mind claiming it now.

I've got one of the powers the saintess had.

I'm the
Cleric
. I can use atonement and decrease the corruption of a player i target at night by 1 point.

Night 1 i targeted Catboi.

That's it really.
But i crumbed my role in one of the first posts i had in the game. ()
Either Cleric is a safeclaim or there's multiple of us. Noob that I am I asked Dunnstral if it was possible earlier, when NEE crumbed it. 'said it wasn't bastard but couldn't comment otherwise.
Didn't target Porkens N1 because they weren't a big tr and the ideas that maf with too much corruption might be extra pushy for others to eliminate if they can't risk a hammer + more likely to join a wagon early, seemed like it could be useful.
Same logic for anyone else, really, what with not having strong town reads iirc.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #61) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by redtea »

Cleric crumbs in

, in relation to Norwee's obvious softclaim. Wasn't gonna elaborate unless we claimed today/Dunnstral was a gift-giving mod lolol
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (isolation #62) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by redtea »

I didn't target anyone because I had scumhunting theories stronger than townreads.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1445, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1438, redtea wrote:#1025, in relation to Norwee's obvious softclaim. Wasn't gonna elaborate unless we claimed today/Dunnstral was a gift-giving mod lolol
That explains your reaction. So makes me thing you're not joking about your ability. Not sure if scum wouldn't theoretically have an exact copy of my role except mafia aligned tho.
This is what I'm thinking, with the possibility of a safeclaim.

Clarified, altered #1427, on scumhunting:
In post 1427, redtea wrote: maf with too much corruption might be extra pushy to get others to eliminate, if they can't risk a hammer
a maf with too much corruption might be more likely to join a wagon early (so as to not be left one vote on a wagon short because they can't hammer)
seemed like it could be useful.
I think we both need sleep honestly
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by redtea »

good I was able to make some sense.
After we ended up with 2 deaths overnight as well as some more thinking, I do think I should've targeted. Like. Anyone.
'Cause we uh don't know how, exactly, the nk mechanics might work. If it's like "instant grant 3 corruption", Atonement could be a possible life-saving role.

Plus, I'm sure I would've gotten some good enough reads to target someone by N2 and- like I don't think my idea would've come together.
Perhaps if this game ends up lasting a good amount of days.

To all a good night.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #65) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:46 pm

Post by redtea »

@Norwegianboy

Let's answer d&d at the same time
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #66) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 am

Post by redtea »

I just woke up and realized I'm fucking stupid
If it's a safeclsim it has the role there properly
It says "a" Cleric
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (isolation #67) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:14 am

Post by redtea »

Wtf Jackel
There's like two days left and
What
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 am

Post by redtea »

God looking at my first post there why am I allowed to speak English
"if Cleric is a safeclaim, maf would get the whole role PM within their own role PM anyway, so there's no chance for inconsistencies"
I'll come back later and make
Actual posts or something
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (isolation #69) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by redtea »

Weird that Beastmaster has the same investigative ability as Saintess, Sancta Something.
A maf-tracker role does make sense if we have so many people who can remove corruption.

Is sndrogybee the theorized third party here
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by redtea »

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
holy shit i'm catching up at this moment no wonder the thread blew up HOLY SHIT WHAT
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1718, catboi wrote: A thing that's bothersome about porkens's claim that no one has brought up is how he has an ability that raises his corruption but apparently had no problem hammering on day 1, it doesn't really seem to hold that he'd be so cavalier about corruption when it potentially reduces the amount of times he could use his ability.
You saying it might be maf-indicative if all maf die at 0 corruption right? Was going to say something about this and how Porkens might've switched "gains/loses" in their claim (so originally, loses 1 corruption for using an ability), but Porkens mentioned a "beast" that takes a hit for them if they get to that point. So it doesn't make sense for them to be too worried either way.

Spoiler: Contained within is Norwe/Cleric speculation garbage
In post 1651, Jackel98 wrote:Are safe claims commonly given to scum? If so, and if all demons have Consume Sin (not sure of that's gluttony-only), cleric safeclaim could make sense.

I'm down for a Norwee elim
oh, there it is.
as a side note, in response to Norwe's post earlier, "a Cleric" would be the correct wording whether there are multiple town-aligned Clerics or town/maf(with Consume Sin)+safecl("Cleric"), since the point is to not have to face a CC situation.

I think catboi's point that, seeing how many selfharming abilities there are (confirmed+claimed) and with how much fruit Bell was able to give out, having 3 corruption-removing townies seems right.
Then again, the corruption-eating ability....
But then, if the only known way to lose corruption is Atonement, having only 2 people with that ability doesn't even seem like a threat to maf. Why bother with a corruption-eating ability in that case.

Idk, I think it works out that me and Norwe are Cleric buddies for now. I'm not down for Nowee elim and I'm not sure why you are Jackel. Not at this point.
Well, enough of that. Time to go through Bell and others.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by redtea »

forgot my other post
In post 1702, catboi wrote:This is a wacky thought but: it's possible the other demons share a similar condition to Bell of dying at 0 corruption. I think we might want to have both cleric claims double up on their target tonight.
This isn't a bad thought, but it would take us 2 nights to kill someone, and if maf have that same corruption eating-ability our attempts could be
fruitless

hehehe

Might be safe to double up on someone anyway, if corruption is what caused the second kill. 'nothing else it's a deterrent. Or if we wanna bank on no more corruption-eaters.
In post 1701, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I wanna see what Redtea has to say about all this before i place my vote again. He's like my clear minded soulmate.
UNVOTE:
I wonder what it says about both of us that I don't think anyone has called me anything close to "clear minded", ever.

Spoiler: @banana pro-tip
In post 1696, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 1694, catboi wrote:
In post 1691, BananaCucho wrote:Lamisty?
"Look At Me I'm So Townie"-y
Man your guy's lexicon is so awesome I want to steal all of these
if you search online "mafiascum" + term you'll usually find a link to a wiki page about it (or the commonly used abbreviations page, in which case ctrl-f)
almost always i'll find it. Earlier someone used a term i couldn't find anything about which is why i asked, but i find it's pretty rare i don't.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #73) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1829, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Porkens flip scum i think we should just target one of Jackel/Starbuck tho.
Jackel if Porkens flips maf, sure.
How do you feel about D&D if town though?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (isolation #74) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 am

Post by redtea »

Don't think I mentioned this because originally Bell asked and I arrived post-flip, so I didn't bother
but not tracking a maf-read (or at least a previous-town but now-suspicious read) D1 is pretty sus.
More defensible if alignment/role cop (if they wanted to check out a town-lean instead), but as tracker? Nah.

Also I don't have them voted anymore VOTE: Porkens
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (isolation #75) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 am

Post by redtea »

Not saying you're wrong there Norwe
but with one maf down, would they not be worth eliminating for the info if nothing else?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am

Post by redtea »

Okay, D&D it is
In post 1896, Starbuck wrote: I do think he has a point with the scummy reactions after that flip in regards to DD & catboi in 1621 and 1624, and further on in 1761 with regards to catboi directing night actions.
This where we looking if Porkens flips town?
I hope so
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by redtea »

Didnt get to say: I didn't say it was
likely
lol.

I got one corruption!
And fucking Norwee is dead??
...interesting choice
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by redtea »

sorry banana, I'll read what you're on about in a bit when I'm not tryin ta listen and read at the same time. Wanted to get this out though

2/3(?) maf claimed PRs. Is it likely the last would be a VT claim? Y'all think it likely they
all
claimed a special role? Though I thinkk it's a little more likely in a themed game..?
I don't think anyone else alive beside banana, Starbuck, and I claimed PR? From what I can find.
Starbuck's was considered strange though. I'll have to double-check who pointed it out.

Was worried Norwe or me would be killed.
What's weird imo is that I was given corruption, which implies I'm not gonna be NK'd tonight.
Which is even weirder, and I'll come back to that.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by redtea »

Mm. To be honest my habit of speculating wildly rarely hits close to home. Wouldn't have even thought to go back to that post.

Another thing weird to me is how Starbuck didn't negotiate with us to avoid acquiring unnecessary corruption. Inherently, that hurts town, for reasons you described banana.
Wish I or someone said something about that at the time.
No one can take credit now.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (isolation #80) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by redtea »

banana, on your case of D&D's voting and mass-claim push
In post 979, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 975, BananaCucho wrote:Should I use one of my powers?
Yes! I'm pretty sure you'd be targeted for the NK.

-Dumbass
See, this together with the mass-claim push is super fuckin sus.

At 2 corruption you're more likely to be given corruption and killed than be NK'd. Following that up with asking for a mass-claim? Definitely sounds like looking to set up another
good
2 for 1 by uncovering the best claimed role to kill.

Both D&D and Bell were in favor of mass claim. Porkens was "not fully opposed" to mass claim. D&D did very well framing it as "for the good of town".

Spoiler: Voting Recap
Both
Bell
and
D&D
hopped off
Porkens
by VC 2.2.
Catboi
stayed on.
Norwe
followed
D&D
onto
Starbuck.
Bell
hopped onto
androgybee.

Porkens
/
androgybee
/
starbuck
was the general PoE.

D&D
went on to tunnel
Starbuck.
, and has been from D2 till now.

Bell
hops off of
androgybee
and back onto
Porkens
, while
Porkens
replaces
Bell
's vote on
androgybee
Bell
switched to
Starbuck
right before accidentally fuckin dying.
D&D
then votes:
Porkens
Starbuck
Porkens
While he
is
the first on
Porkens
after the vote was reset, there were three people on before then. Their fate was pretty sealed at that time.

D&D's voting record D2 unimpressive at best and coordinated and maf-y at worst. And I'm inclined to say the latter. I just don't see what you're seeing banana.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (isolation #81) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by redtea »

Then there's this:
In post 1036, Dumb and Dumber wrote:If receiving fruit also means that the receiver gets a corruption point, the fruit vendor sounds like a scum role to me
At the very least, it's neg-utility, and should have been claimed, and ought not to have been used on Banana

I'm going to go here
VOTE: Starbuck

- Dumber
Town points:
Points out that a negative-utility sounds maf.
Maf points:
Doesn't follow up on it when Bell claims. Falls in line with banana's "actually I asked to be given fruit so they're probably town & chill", never seems to question it.
Does the same "hah I was right" as Porkens while, again, having never pushed Bell on it.

Anyway, D&D's a maf-lean for me.
I'll look at some others after I've rested my eyes a bit. But he definitely feels like he's been coasting on goodwill this whole time. A less-active Bell if you will.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (isolation #82) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1991, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Obviously a massclaim helps scum, but it also helps town (and more), and more when you're in pre-Lylo. This is not some cunning trick I was trying to manipulate town into falling for, it's established that mass-claims on the day before LyLo are good.
At 2 corruption you're more likely to be given corruption and killed than be NK'd.
And when I said this, IIRC I didn't know that his using a power would lead to more corruption. I explicitly said a few posts after that not to use his power if he would die as a result.

Whose voting record is impressive? Most were townreading Bell. We were on Porkens a lot. If Starbuck's scum, our voting record for D2 would be stellar :P

-Dumbass
Point 1:
ELo-1
or
on ELo is fine, yes? You weren't keeping us from missing the window of opportunity, or something. No town points.

Point 2:
is where D&D says banana should use the ability.
Banana says he'll use it. Reveals, "I am gonna hurt myself, and extend the day 24 hours. That means 1 more corruption and oops! I'll have 3"
D&D quotes only "There is another side effect that's pretty cool. Does anyone wanna guess?" from #982, and says not to do it if it means banana will die.

D&D, you're not saying here, "don't raise yourself to 2 corruption, because if you're given a third overnight you'll die", a concern banana explicitly stated in the same post you quoted. You're saying, "if the side effect is you dying, don't do it".
Which 1) makes no sense, considering what he
just said
in the
same post
you had quoted (but you did not quote that part)
and 2) demonstrates that you were not concerned about him being at 2 corruption. The concern was about an insta-death side effect. Concern anyone can easily fake.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (isolation #83) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 2039, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2037, BananaCucho wrote:Redtea then has 3 choices to heal corruption
We should be stacking the heals on someone scummy, yes? And they shouldn't be healing anyone.

-Dumbass
I'll respond to your other stuff in a sec but there's literally no way I'm gonna be able to stack heals on anyone. If I don't die tonight (NK) I'll die tomorrow night (corruption). Norwe and I took a chance on you, so if you're maf I can kill you tonight.

Are you confused there banana? "Heals" is detrimental for mafia. Or are you thinking there's a way for the remaining mafia to gain corruption tonight?
Also
"If you would die to a critical level of Corruption at the end of the night phase, you die. If you would have died at some point during the night, but later actions made it so you should no longer die, you don't die."
That only applies during night though. During the day reaching a critical level of corruption is instant death.

I don't think D&D should be allowed to hammer.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (isolation #84) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by redtea »

*stack heals on anyone other than you, who've we already stacked 2 on
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (isolation #85) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by redtea »

gotcha
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (isolation #86) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by redtea »

Right
Off the top of my head...

I'd be willing to kill off D&D today. I'd be willing to wait to possibly kill them tonight, too.
your #2019 is really fuckin insightful, and I'm even more down with a Jackel elimination. If nothing else, we can shrink the pool.
The thing about Starbuck is her posts seem a few hairs shy of the quality I saw when looking through her town games, but nooot quite as nothing-loaded as her maf games. Considering IRL complications, I think her play may be a gimped town one.
I'll come back to this, because I have a bit of a theory, thanks to your #2019. Nothing amazing, but maybe worth saying.

banana/catboi are in the safezone. I had mixed feelings about catboi's play yesterday but, so far today, I think I'm fine with him living if only out of policy.
So, most to least:
D&D == Jackel > Starbuck
(lunch order is hilarious btw)

Oh yeah, and I meant to respond to your earlier post
My concern with you gaining corruption back then was specifically because you'd asked for it, and what asking for corruption sounds like thematically speaking (though I don't think I said anything about the latter).
That kind of theme-alignment connection has actually been on the money so far, but as has been established, a confirmed stump being mafia is really pretty out there. 'specially when combined with a day extension ability.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (isolation #87) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 2038, Dumb and Dumber wrote:P1:
No, on ELo is not fine. Especially in a game where scum may have additional instantial kill power.

P2:
a. Still stands that at 979 we did not know about Corruption.
b. I wasn't keeping track of how much Corruption he had.
c. Why does it not make sense to independently ask someone not to use an ability if the side effect means they die?
d. So I can "easily fake" concern about insta-death side effects, but it's much more difficult to fake concern about 1 extra Corruption?
e. And your final argument is that we did not display enough concern about his getting 1 extra Corruption, and that's scummy? OK - were you concerned? Was anyone concerned?

-Dumbass
I don't think you're right on that, but I'll let others chime in.
@EVERYONE
, is it specifically pre-Elo when massclaims are encouraged? Is it not either/or?

I want to point out that no one thought maf had two
instant
kill powers. We thought it was either a conglomeration of events we didn't have the whole picture of, or a misguided vig. Pretty sure it was the possibility of the latter that convinced people to begin claiming

a) I'm aware. I included it because it was relevant.
b) Regardless of how much corruption you knew he had, it's clear that corruption wasn't your concern. And you had to know he at least had one.
c) It doesn't make sense because what would be the point of an ability giving you corruption if the additional side effect is that you
die
? Tell me how that makes sense.
d) Yes, it does take a bit more to interact with the part about corruption, because
> 1) it takes more thinking and active concern about the state of town's corruption
> 2) it's beneficial to maf for people to gain it, so it's riskier to discourage the use abilities if the cost is gaining corruption
> 3) besides, corruption-related concern has been faked , yours can too.
>> 3a) the difference between banana's #982 and his #1075 (quoted in Bell's post above) is that the former is banana putting it out there that he's at risk and the latter is an obvious logical error. Bell loses nothing by pointing it out, because
someone
was going to, anyway. (Someone, possibly me, I think expanded on why it was faulty.)
e) Norwe did. Granted, he could do something about it. I didn't say anything about it because I could also do something about it.

Alright, I gotta admit I feel a bit like a dog who's a little too happy having found a new chew toy. I actually think I could totally eliminate Jackel today, and if she's not scum I can come back to this, because:
Looking over the role PMs, Bell started with 2 corruption (with a 2-shot method to get more) and Porkens started with 3.
Their makeup, according to what we know, is 2/3/?. ? could be 3, 4, even 5.

and on the other hand, in the end, 2/3/3 is most likely, and there's no reason for me to go on and on about D&D if they can be established as townier just by being alive tomorrow.
I know Jackel's had some IRL stuff going on, but outside of that she fell back to the background after having to be pushed to be active before (her posts during then temporarily changed my stance on her).
So like. Why not.
Why not really.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (isolation #88) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by redtea »

Sorry for all the word vomit. Hope it makes sense. I'll clarify tomorrow if it doesn't.
Gonna sleep now. Peace
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (isolation #89) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am

Post by redtea »

I'm a real court jester aren't I

I want Jackel to come round and give some last thoughts. I need Starbuck to commit to voting Jackel.

Lmao I think the biggest thing is the removal of my tin foil hat about you banana, but that's off the top of my head.
My brain has like 2 bits of RAM I'm sorry.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (isolation #90) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by redtea »

You really want me to start speculating third party shit again banana. You don't know what you're encouraging.

D&D I think what you're missing that Jackel is partially a policy elimination here. Not totally, but people have expressed not wanting to have to deal with Jackel's slot at ELo. In other words, they'd rather have Starbuck around still than Jackel.
Also the (most obvious) reason banana isn't dead is that us clerics needed to be gimped.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2125 (isolation #91) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 am

Post by redtea »

.-.
VOTE: Jackel
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by redtea »

Okay but D&D
There's definitely a difference in posting amount, frequency, and quality between the two. Even as policy eliminations they are not equal.
And no one has a strong enough Starbuck SR to make up for that.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (isolation #93) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by redtea »

is mod wrong about being wrong . . . or does someone have a special vc ability?
oh shiiiiit
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (isolation #94) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by redtea »

"vc" doesn't really make sense

you know what i mean
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (isolation #95) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:42 am

Post by redtea »

...we probably
should've
called for a replacement earlier.
Can't lie your idea sounds fun but our current one is pretty expedient.

You're up D&D
catboi's hammering
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (isolation #96) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 am

Post by redtea »

Ive been low-key a little paranoid of the both of you
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (isolation #97) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by redtea »

Yeah we could extend it but then I'd have to target banana tonight
And with the way d&d has been acting id rather save it for them

We can always confirm his ability tomorrow if he's still around
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (isolation #98) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by redtea »

Oh
Well unless we offed d&d like banana suggested
But like, today???
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (isolation #99) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by redtea »

Hm
If you're okay with Starbuck/D&D/catboi duking it out D4
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2166 (isolation #100) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by redtea »

Oh
Wait Maf wouldn't want 2v1 though right?
They could just not nk or (probably) not give out corruption yeah

this is suffering
why don't we have better things to do
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (isolation #101) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by redtea »

guys don't overlook catboi tomorrow he called me "pretty town"
after I fall on my face once i'm either bait or buddied it always be like this

~oh shit it's hapPENING~
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (isolation #102) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by redtea »

banana: i'll be vla
also banana:
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (isolation #103) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:09 am

Post by redtea »

Did someone else get corruption or did i gain and lose one corruption or do I actually have two corruption
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (isolation #104) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by redtea »

The pm was confusing. Guess no one got any.

Starbuck are those thoughts "I guess d&d is p much clear"? Bc otherwise I'm concerned.

I don't want Starbuck eliminated too easily in case catboi is pushing a convenient rock down this hill here.
Time to hit the records.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (isolation #105) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by redtea »

Oh, yeah, I asked. I'm just at 1.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (isolation #106) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by redtea »

So on one hand, I didn't see any recent games where catboi was maf to compare to. On the other, he's been so fucking thorough this whole damn game (and his style aligns so well from the town games I looked at) if he is maf he deserves the win. I think I could be paranoid all I want and still not bring myself to vote catboi.

I just can't say the same for Starbuck.
VOTE: Starbuck
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2204 (isolation #107) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by redtea »

As someone who's also had years of gaps
I've seen how consistently stupid and stupidly consistent I can be.

I think people change more over the years when they've been playing the whole time than if they've been absent.
Honestly if I weren't paying attention to timestamps I could've been fooled into thinking your games were recent, save for a couple.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2205 (isolation #108) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by redtea »

meta specifics or plays or something might or might not line up but I'm not like
pattern-minded or pro enough to make those distinctions

guess the flip will give me the results of my shitty tries at meta-reading
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2207 (isolation #109) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by redtea »

sometimes writes a paragraph or more theorizing the motivations behind posts, and uses these to form reads.
commenting an honest opinion about the impression (a) post(s) give you.
your votes unashamedly switch up often
never seems self-conscious about changing opinions when presented with new information, or about having a weak weak read on someone
considerate of many possibilities but picks somewhere to look

your past games did have more walls. I think this is an evolution of time (I'm trying to let up on this too lol), as you still include details and shit. More of it's just kept to yourself now.

....kinda feel like I just described what, like, playing town is. But you do it really well, so. Dunno what to say.

I started out to reread it, and did a little, but then thought to meta you. That's when I was like "fuck it, there's no need".
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (isolation #110) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 am

Post by redtea »

You both have recent playing gaps. I've said before that I could see you as playing a gimped version of your town self- but given the choices presented to me now, I'm willing to say, just gimped in general.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (isolation #111) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 am

Post by redtea »

Though uh
Did you change your mind on my slot catboi?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (isolation #112) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:43 am

Post by redtea »

we can always NE if you all want...?

I did actually end up rereading more catboi and am fine with my current vote.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (isolation #113) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:45 am

Post by redtea »

I can't tell if starbucks given up while you two are giving her a chance/you have lingering suspicions about the rest of us, or one of you's secretly maf and expecting the other to turn their vote on you and so are waiting for the other to vote Starbuck first.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (isolation #114) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by redtea »

~ ~
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (isolation #115) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:54 am

Post by redtea »

i want catboi voting last
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (isolation #116) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 am

Post by redtea »

In post 2229, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2226, catboi wrote:Why, exactly? What does being the last vote matter?
Because we're the closest thing to mechanically town in this game and we're not sold you're town

- Dumber
This makes no sense honestly.
In post 2231, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2228, redtea wrote:i want catboi voting last
Because ...
I'm not elaborating.
Think I'll UNVOTE: though.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (isolation #117) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am

Post by redtea »

I
will
elaborate that no-elim now seems to be the best bet for today. Catboi hammering between D&D and Starbuck tomorrow is fine with me. Starbuck's comeback up there seems way too put-together to come from maf, gotta say.

Starbuck, glad to have you around.
To add a tiny point to all of that: Stood out to me there that a maf!D&D motivation behind pointing out the saintess crumb would be to get their partner locked-in as town.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (isolation #118) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by redtea »

Yeah, was a guarantee soon as he said he wanted to hammer. Sus as fuck. I'll heal them.
twirls magical girl baton
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (isolation #119) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:28 am

Post by redtea »

Why have I, the clown been left to live
This isn't a decision I can make catboi come back
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (isolation #120) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by redtea »

Alright. Did some reading.
God help me

VOTE: Star
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (isolation #121) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by redtea »

thank god
Even though we'd cleared up to 4(possibly 5 if catboi used atonement N4) corruption by D5, your post from the previous day was just so sketch I had to take extra time to read. Thought maybe you'd be a special ringleader with extra hp or something.
Good job there D&D. And good job everyone else. This setup was fun ; >
*Old account here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”