Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5183 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Hi everyone! I'm the new echo. I'm not awake yet but the sun has risen at least.

I've been loosely following this game but I've only recently started having opinions about it and it was starting to bother me that nobody was talking about how Brantz was a mafia traitor in We Didn't Playtest This and everyone was saying "oh he just doesn't seem like the bussing type" when he bussed all of his buddies including poor bbmolla in 5p LYLO when Brantz couldn't win solo (and then the mod made us keep playing to see if there would be town win or everybody lose and everybody lost.)

This is what Brantz's ISO looked like (a day phase or two before he started bussing bbmolla):

in [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60945&start=6501]WDPT[/url], Plotinus wrote:
BBmolla
: + + = = + = = += = =
Has been positive towards BBmolla for most of the game, though I think he's neutral on him now.

Vonflare
: - +? -? -v - - - -u - v- - -v - = -

Vyse
: - -? -= - - -v - = =
Has been consistently negative towards vyse and vonflare with only a little positive very early on.

So that knowledge combined with this gives me an order of operations for ISOing people to get my head into the game.

Spoiler: Brantz's ISO in this game
brantz (final)
Aj The Epic
= + +

Aneninen
= -?= - v = =

Bacde/Konowa
== +

Fluff Central/notsy/bins
== ==

Ika Zaru/ika/mala
= -== - = -v - - = = +u

Kamigami/kagami/fakegod
= + = =

Klingoncelt
== - -

Luna Fox
+ + + =

Medea the Alien/penguin/cabd
+ == ==

Perpetual Nonsense/bert/gaiden
= ==

Plotinus/Echo Echo/kuroko/pieguyn
- - +- - = - - -

ProHawk
= +- ==

Vedith/Muki
= - -v - -

Wall of Fire/ceph/mastina
+- + +

pisskop/LynxKuroneko
== == =

Wisdom
+- - + = =? +? == = =

Idiocy/tiershift/farside
== = = +

Oil Tycoons/Nacho/Syry
+ + + + + + + = +

Tammy
+ + = +

ZeL1nK2
- - == + = = = =+ = =

It's rarely that simple but this gives me a good place to start from. Please give me a week or so to get up to speed before quicklynching anybody. The bolded are posts that I thought were important one way or another but I need to do more ISOing before I'll have an opinion one way or the other. I've done a couple already; I asked to replace in right after my last large finished a week or two ago but the games I was actually alive in were taking precedence of course.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5194 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Also, I have a theory that the day 1 lynch tends to be someone who was right about their reads, and Brantz, assuming he knew the names of the scumteam, would have a higher than usual chance of being right about his reads if he wanted to be. So this is a cross section of Brantz's reads list with his wagon.

Red: mod confirmed scum
Orange: people brantz was scumreading or waffling about suspiciously
Yellow: like orange but I'm less certain there, someone to look at after the oranges
Green: modconfirmed town

In post 2931, fferyllt wrote:
VC 1.50
BRantz
(11):
Ika Zaru
, Kuroko Network,
ZeL1nK2
, Kamigami, Perpetual Nonsense, Luna Fox, Fluff Central,
Oil Tycoons
Klingoncelt
Aneninen
Vedith

Aneninen
(7): Aj The Epic,
pisskop, BRantz, Wisdom
, Bacde,
Wall of Fire
, ProHawk
Klingoncelt
(1):
Idiocy

Not Voting
(2):
Tammy
, Medea the Alien

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5222 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Plotinus »

hi ika!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5244 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5227, Ika Zaru wrote:hey plot.

do you need more stuff in bratz he was in our hood i cna fish up a summary of stuff sicnce i cant quote

hey ika that'd be swell. i'm mostly interested in what his reads looked like and which slots he was doubtcasting, which slots he was townreading, and who he was fencesitting, and how much sense that made given the gamestate at the time.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5246 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Plotinus »

No that was last time, am town this time. :]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5304 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Plotinus »

I didn't really like Aneninen's ISO when I read it.

Spoiler: Aneninen's ISO
Aneninen 4203
Aj The Epic
= = = = = | = | - |

Bacde/Konowa
+ = = + | - - | + |
I did these numbers yesterDay and so I don't really remember why I bolded 2898 except that I thought it was evidence for them not being scum together but now I don't know why I thought that.

Echo Echo/kuroko/pieguyn
+ = - = | = + -? | |

Fluff Central/notsy/bins
- = - - - - - - - = = = = = | - | + |
1030 caught my attention because it is something I would probably say if I were scum with fluff central but most of the times I thought someone was playing my scum meta they flipped town.

Ika Zaru/ika/mala
+ = = | = | == v |

Kamigami/kagami/fakegod
+ = | = | + |
Oh I remember why I bolded this post! It's because I'm suspicious of everyone who was so quick to write brantz off as "not the bussing type". though I'd be somewhat more suspicious of ika/mastina doing that since they were there sort of (ika was killed early day 2 and mastina wasn't really paying attention until lylo though.) So Kamigami saying this thing and Aneninen agreeing with it made me suspicious.

Klingoncelt
v + = = = = +? | = | + |
questionmark on 2909 was because wasn't sure if it was a working together with a townread interaction or just a neutral interaction.

Luna Fox
+ = = = = | + = = + = = = | + |

- = - | + | - |

Oil Tycoons/Nacho/Syry
= -? -? = = | = == =
|
1609 and 1615 seemed fencesitty and I couldn't tell what he was saying about Nacho in these posts. It felt like he was trying to take a stance but wasn't actually taking one.

+ = = = | | - |

ProHawk
- +? +? = - | | == |
I couldn't understand his reads progression on ProHawk. It felt like he went from scumreading him to maybetownreading him out of nowhere but then he said in 2131 that nothing had changed and then a while later he was pushing him again, spent a day phase not interacting at all and then called him null. Am I missing some context here?

Vedith/Muki
- - = +? - - = - | | - |
also 2131 looks like he's objecting to votes on Vedith or townreading him but he's scumreading him/pushing him in all the other interactions and I didn't understand it. But I think he's probably not scum together with Vedith because in 1925 it looks like he's tying Vedith and Wisdom together purposefully.

= + = - | = | - |

BRantz
= = + + = = =+?-v -
I couldn't understand what Aneninen was saying about Brantz in 2898 it seemed like he was townreading and scumreading him and voting him all at once.

pisskop/ LynxKuroneko
+ - = = = - | | + +

Wisdom
- = = = - = = -? = = = -? = | - = + = = = = ⌾ ✝
3458 sounds like he knows wisdom's alignment because people tend to be more alert for their buddies' names. 1925 looks like he's tying Vedith to Wisdom

ZeL1nK2
- - -v = - - - - - - = u

Idiocy/tiershift/farside
= | = = ⌾ ✝

Tammy
- - = = - - | + | + =

pedit: I'm not sure if Wisdom flipping scum makes me feel better or worse about Aneninen but 3 scum voting him at the end of day 1 is a good counterpoint, and he was scumreading the three of them at the time, and there are a few other patterns in the numbers that give me pause about him too, even though I don't yet understand his reads progressions there's numbers stuff including one thing that I think is a towntell that I've mentioned a couple times in passing in a couple recent games but if it is a towntell then I want to stop talking about it so it keeps working (I think mastina will know what i mean). Though it's the kind of thing that would be pretty arduous to circumvent on the off chance that I might replace in later so idk.

Does he have anything else going for him?

I think where I'm at with aneninen is that I'm townreading him for global phenomena and scumreading him for local phenomena and I don't know what that means. I think I'll come back to him once I've finished everybody else and have my head properly in the game. In the meantime he can reply to

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5308 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5307, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Also Day 4 was Our ultimate goal all along
Perpetual Nonsense's album is now complete

In post 0, Vi wrote:[ ] [BE] The "Battle Mage" Award (formerly [75])
**At any point in your history, be non-Town in three out of the last six games in which you were still alive on Day 3.

?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5316 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

Wall of Fire wrote:I bet I've won that at some point.
It is currently true of me but only because I've been non town in 5 of my last 7 completed games.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5338 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5323, fferyllt wrote:Echo Echo

@FFery: you misspelt Plotinus

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5521 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5415, Oil Tycoons wrote:This is a hell of a lot of work with very little conclusion. What was the point of the BRantz meta? Why did you mark posts as important if you don't actually have an opinion?
I do have opinions. But I also have not yet read every person's ISO in that level of detail and that's how I get reads I can be confident in.

The point of Brantz' meta is that all game people were saying that he doesn't seem like the bussing type of mafia traitor and that's false. And it's the kind of false thing that you pull out of your arse when you lynch your mafia traitor on day 1 and he bussed your whole team. I don't remember which slots were saying that because I was mostly skimming until my other large finished and I was ready for another, but it was more than a couple slots, but I'll find them as I ISO people.

I did the work on Brantz' ISO when I joined the replacement queue, over a week before I joined the game. That makes it null. I needed to know whether this was going to be the kind of game where I was in over my head and completely unable to form reads (in which case why bother replacing in) or the kind of game where I could enjoy myself.

Reading Brantz' ISO gave me a roadmap for what order I want to ISO other people in. That's what I got out of it.

It is also rather difficult for me to translate my thoughts into words. Sometimes I think I'm being clear when I'm not. "important" is an opinion. It almost certainly means the person is more likely to be scum based on the way Brantz was waffling about them. But then I have to go and read their ISO at that level of detail to see whether they're actually scum or whether Brantz was just tying himself to them.

I'm not good at getting reads based on interacting with people; chitchat is mostly for other people's benefit. I also interact to try to practice getting reads the normal way but I trust my ISOing thing more.

tl;dr: I need to do this to get my head into the game. I cannot get my head into a 200 page game without doing this. I am using spoiler tags so you don't have to read it, but I cannot skip this step, that's not how I work.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5524 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5514, Oil Tycoons wrote:We are a death godfather! We've decided to out after our credibility was shot defending our useless scum partners

There was a death godfather in my game that just ended (WiFoM city) and people gave me so much flak for that tunnel after he flipped VT. :(

Please be joking.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5525 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5523, Ika Zaru wrote:Town:
Tammy, Oil Tycoons
, Wall of Fire, Luna Fox, Kamigami
Town lean: Bacde,
Zelink
, AJ the Epic,
Idiocy

Neutral: Fluff Central, Medea the Alien,
Wisdom
, Prohawk, Perpetual Nonsense,
pisskop

Scum Lean: Kuroko Network, Klingoncelt, Aneninen
Scummy: Vedith, Ika Zaru

^that was brats read before his death in the hood, i took the liberty of color coding flips

Thanks Ika!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5527 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Spoiler: Vedith's ISO and thoughts about it
VEDITH/muki 5479
Aj The Epic
R = | = |
barely interacts with AJ at all.

Aneninen
R -? = -v - + u | | = = = |
2825 was important because it was one of many votes where it looked like he didn't really care who got lynched.

Bacde/Konowa
R = - = = = | | + = |
pushes bacde a tiny bit in 2033 but doesn't really follow up and then 2000+ posts later is defending Bacde. hmm.

Echo Echo/kuroko/pieguyn
+ + R - = | = = | |
his predecessor seemed to townread my slot. Vedith did the tiniest little push on my predecessor in 1918 and then let it go.

Fluff Central/notsy/bins
-+ + = = + R | | | = = +
618 he's says they're probably town but they reek of scum :neutral: I can't remember why 922 was important but I think I was just bookmarking it because it's the kind of thing that will be interesting if Vedith flips scum but boring if Vedith flips town.

Ika Zaru/ika/mala
- R | | |
his predecessor pushed ika zaru a tiny bit without follow up. Vedith hasn't interacted with them at all.

Kamigami/kagami/fakegod
R = = = = = | = | = = = = | = = = = -
Almost all of his interactions with Kamigami have been neutral interactions, not alignment discerning types of interactions.

Klingoncelt
R | | - v - - - = - = = - | - -
4519 is notable because it's his very first mention of klingoncelt in his ISO yet he talks about her like he's been championing her lynch the whole game. If Bacde's scum, Vedith could be scum too.

Luna Fox
+ = = = R = = = = = = = | =- -= - - - | = |
His interactions with Luna are neutral until she claims cop, after that he pushes her.

+ + R = + = | | | =?
Townreads medea but doesn't interact with them very much.

Oil Tycoons/Nacho/Syry
=-?+?- = = - - = R = - | + =? = = = = -
= - - - - = = | = =
618 is notable because his predecessor is scumreading oil but in the same post is attacking fluff central for voting oil saying they have a non town mindset. His reads progression on this slot is difficult to follow. After the townstump, he discredits them some which I'm not sure what to make of. On the one hand I think it's a good thing that he's not snuggling up to the conftown but now that oil doesn't have a vote and just has their voice it feels like doubtcasting that voice helps scum wincon more than town wincon.

- - R = = | = = | = = = | = = = =
His predecessor scumread PN; Vedith has been neutral to them throughout with no attempts to sort them.

ProHawk
R + = + - = = = + | = | |
The bolded just feel off. I'll revisit this once I've read Prohawk's ISO and have more context I think.

+?-?= + R = - = = = = = | = = = = = | |
I know I've brought up 618 before with several other slots! It was just a really bad post where he's seemingly townreading and scumreading people at the same time, or pushing them and defending them at once. And 720 has him defending fire against oil but it's weird. anyway then Vedith replaces in and does nothing to sort this slot but interacts with them a bunch.

BRantz
R v v = -+== == - - v
2827 looks like knows Wisdom is going to flip scum and he's tying them together.

pisskop/LynxKuroneko
+? R | = | +
Severely underinteracts with pisskop but pops up with an opinion on piss when there's a wagon on him.

Wisdom
v- = = = = - R = = u = = = = = = = + - + = - - - - - = = - - v - - u - - - - - - | - v u v - - - - - + - = = ⌾ = = =
2093 is notable because in the middle of this long string of interactions with Wisdom he's calling Wisdom paranoid which implies he's townreading the person he's tunnelling. 2245 looks like he's threatening to nightkill wisdom which lol. And again 3614 looks like he's expecting wisdom/idiocy to both flip town which makes no sense given his continued wisdom tunnel. I think townreading people you're tunnelling is scummy (even if they do flip scum in the end, maybe especially in this case).

ZeL1nK2
+ + + = = R =

Idiocy/tiershift/farside
+ = + + + = R == | v u + + + + + = + ⌾ ✝
It's interesting that he doesn't interact with Idiocy at all after their stump.

Tammy
= +- - - = R | | ✝

no idea this hasn't been lynched yet. I distantly remember some posts of his being called townslips but townslips are easy to manufacture. i don't care that his role has been confirmed. his predecessor was scummy and so is he.

people who look bad if vedith is scum: aj, ika, klingon, fluff central, tammy*, pisskop* maybe medea the alien too. (*i wrote this sentence before either of them flipped and I was expecting a wisdom townflip at the time. I do think Vedith is the type to underinteract with his buddies, but I think an active buddy engaging with him could change that, so I'd want to see who started vedith vs wisdom and how it went down. later. I don't think he's scum together with all these people obviously. I think he was tying himself to some of them.)

the only things giving me pause about vedith is that in my only game with him i strongarmed his lynch on day 1 based on preflip associatives with 2 other townies and i'm wary of doing it again. But I townread him in his last scumgame which I was spectating so he's not wholly incompetent. (that might have been because I was confbiassing on another slot though. I wasn't in that game so I just had reads on page 4 and never re-evaluated them. And my read on him there was influenced by his townflip in my mason game.) Also, I need to investigate the wisdom tunnel further.

I'll look at ika and klingon next.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5529 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Plotinus »

I was in Rainbow Unicat hydra in open 607 with you. I still feel kind of embarrassed about day 1-5 of that game.

And that makes a lot of sense actually. Maybe he was hoping someone wouldn't call his bluff.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5534 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

Vedith wrote:Ah, yes I remember you signing your name now in the posts.

But that's what makes me think, if he's going to help his own death, why wouldn't he focus hard on another scum buddy (You can include myself in this if you want, but I mean Kling).
I don't think that Kling should be lynched today but if I can't make it to Lylo, then Kling shouldn't be able too.
I'll probably slip and sign a few posts here too; it's been a while since I soloed.

You're arguing that wisdom was bussing both you and klingon? I'll reread day 2 in order at some point, then.

I'll read Klingon's ISO after I read ika's. My slot helped mislynch both of them in my last game with them so I'll want to look at them a little more carefully. I was townreading klingon when we lynched her and i was unsure on ika (I was probably just hoping that he was scum) when we lynched him.

Luna Fox wrote:wasn't Muki pushing Wisdom most of D1?

These are muki's posts about wisdom until his replaceout. A couple posts that could be construed as a push, the other few were just talking to or about him or quoting him. In 716 he says he's scumreading wisdom and OT both but he's voting OT at the time, and he points out that he can't vote both at once, which is true, but he's voting the wrong one. Looking at 634 again it should be a - not an =. Misread it the first time through.

Wisdom
v- = - = = -

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5557 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5548, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 5537, Fluff Central wrote:Bacde
klingoncelt
Plot
Aj The Epic miller thing of soem kind

Any of these may go however.

good morning

• My cards are Justice, Judgement, Queen of Swords, in that order.
  • They're all right side up.
  • My element was water, but on night 1 my element became Air. I am in the Air neighbourhood.
  • I am a music vendor. At night I can send someone music.
  • On night 1 they sent Kamigami some anime thing.
  • On Night 3 sent Aneninen some Hungarian children's music. I was surprised he didn't say anything about it so far.
  • They missed their action on night 2.

I crumbed my role in the neighbourhood by posting music videos, because music is fun and because it's not the kind of role that needs to be (or can be) hidden. I don't think anyone interpreted my posts as crumbs though.

I said that when I was following this game in real time a lot of the posts were like this:

By this I meant that I could tell other people were understanding each others posts but that I wasn't understanding anything at all until there were enough flips for me to start catching a signal through the noise.

Now the game feels more like this to me:

Many voices speaking at once but you can discern the different voices and pick them out and follow it and it's not a chaotic fog but a co-ordinated set of shifting melodies. I wouldn't have replaced in if it stayed like the first video but now that it's more like the second video I'm okay. This game took an unreasonable amount of time (200 pages? really? usually I manage to figure out how to play by page 50...) to switch from Ice to Fugue but now that it has switched over I can understand earlier posts too.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5563 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Ah ok. That was too subtle for me.

Any guesses as to what I meant by sending you ákombákom instead of some different song?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5565 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by Plotinus »

no, nothing about rhythm or syllable counting. :]

If I was just saying "greeting fellow Hungarian" I would have sent you this:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5567 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by Plotinus »

hah. sounds like mine. I am either so ridiculously over the top obscurely subtle or I'm so obvious it's like wearing a napkin on my head and pretending it's a cloak of invisibility. there is no middle ground with me.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5691 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Plotinus »

prodge. Am okay but this song is "seem to lose the power of speech" because am not languaging well today. will language tomorrow.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5710 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Spoiler: ika's ISO
IKA ZARU 5561
Aj The Epic
-?= | | = -?= |

Aneninen
| | +? |

Bacde/Konowa
| | |

Fluff Central/notsy/bins
- - - - = = - = = | = | = = = -?= == - = - = = - = -?= | = =

Kamigami/kagami/fakegod
+ | | = = = = = |

Klingoncelt
= | | - - - | -v -

Luna Fox
+ = = | | = = = = + = + = = + - = = =-? | = = = = =

= = = | | | = =

Oil Tycoons/Nacho/Syry
- |
- - - | = -

+ + | | -? = = = = = = = = = = | = = =? =?

= = = = = = = = | | = - = = - - -v - = -?= | = +? =

ProHawk
| | - = = - = = | = =

Vedith/Muki
= | | + |

+ | | = - -

BRantz
v - = - - - - - - - = = = = - = =

pisskop/ LynxKuroneko
- = - - = | | - =

Wisdom
+ - - = = | ⌾ +?-?
I couldn't tell how he was expecting wisdom to flip from 4066.

ZeL1nK2
-?=

Idiocy/tiershift/farside
| v ⌾ ✝

Tammy
- = | | = = = = =

ika's ISO from his last scum game with me

did I even do numbers for ika in wifom city where he was town? *Checks* i didn't post them in the game thread but i found them in my hydra pt (dear future self: townIka numbers are in post 980 of your banana frog hydra pt)

I don't really know how to read him, though. This is our third game together. It feels like he's playing around with his activity levels on purpose, but I don't know what that means. I liked that he reached out to me and shared Brantz' reads from the hood, and it was interesting because Brantz' stated reads in the hood didn't match his stances all that closely. I'll look at that more later.

Looking at those numbers from the town game he interacted with every slot in the game at least a little bit. He still talked to his friends/people he knows more often than other people, like he's doing here and in the mason game. in that game it was me/frogger, mastina, sonic/sala, and firebringer that he talked to the most but he did interact with everybody at least a little. His interactions with the groupscum in that game might have been why the numbers didn't make it to the game thread. heh. In the game where he was scum, he also mostly chitchatted with his friends (heartless, fire, me/bella, wanderer) and ignored other people, but he did interact with almost everybody. I think this means that chatting with his friends is null for him.

This game, he interacted about evenly with piss and wisdom which I find worrying. He hasn't interacted with Bacde at all yet so I don't think they're scum together.

Another thing that's bothering me is his lack of reads progression on most slots. As far as I can tell, the slots that he townreads or scumreads stay unchanged for most of the game, and with the couple where there is a some fluctuation (a - in string of +s) it's mostly just sniping at someone that he may still be townreading. This may be a side effect of the level of effort he's putting into this game in general, however.

Klingon's ISO is next on my list.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5730 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

It is. I was kinda looking forward to continuing my catchup this day phase, but I could hammer instead.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5735 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Plotinus »

ok

VOTE: Ika zaru

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5737 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Plotinus »

didn't see the pedit.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5819 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

ffery, i'm v/la until monday because of health stuff but i expect to still be able to post some.

i'm fine with plan. will try to do as much as i can before then in case he was telling the truth about his role but I have no idea how lucid i'm going to be until monday. i was better than i expected to be earlier today but i've run out of brain for the evening but maybe tomorrow i'll have a window of clarity i can use for this. i'll words as much as I can but it's a relief there are people here who can understand my numbers.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5866 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Plotinus »

@Aneninen: in principle, yes, but he is not brantz, but rather bacde, and he is is not at L-1 but rather he is at L-2, and he has fakeclaimed not just supersaint but also bomb.

(to write it like the answer to radio yerevan joke)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5869 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Plotinus »

the conftown asked me to hammer so I shall unless he changes his mind.

i had concerns about and ISOs. And I've looked at klingoncelt's today as well and I have a lot of problems with it but i'm not sure she's scum regardless but I can't think who her living partner would be and while I don't have numbers for her from wifom city because she was lynched day 1 while i wasn't paying attention, i'm seeing some similarities to her perspective there, but that could be playstyle.

I haven't read other ISOs yet so i don't have reads outside of the people i've ISOed. and i'm not fully coherent right now but i want to do as much as i can while i'm here.

i'm thinking of reading Prohawk's ISO next just because of how little an impression he's made on me this game when i was reading along in real time and everyone i've ISOed so far has underinteracted with him. so i want to see if there's anything there or not.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5870 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Plotinus »

Spoiler: klingoncelt
KLINGONCELT 5849
Aj The Epic
=-? = = | -? - - = - - - - - | | |

Aneninen
= = = | | v | |

Bacde/Konowa
| = | | v - | v
her vote on bacde comes out of nowhere.

Fluff Central/notsy/bins
| = = | = | -?= = |

Kamigami/kagami/fakegod
= | | = =? | = |

| | = = = | = = |

Oil Tycoons/Nacho/Syry
+ = = | +
= = + - - - | = = |

+ | = | = | = = |
her night 3 protect on perpetual nonsense doesn’t make sense to me; she’d barely interacted with them before, had seemed to be town reading them on day 1 but other than that not much.

= -v u - - = -?= -?= = = | | v = - = = - u | |
bothered some about her assessment that the TvT between Tammy vs Kuroko had to be TvS, and then the read just disappears for an entire day phase only to come back with a naked vote on day 3 that seems to be in response to our vote on pisskop. It’s also weird that she pushes my predecessor for being confident when wall of fire had been pushing her for being confident. for what it’s worth, I think my predecessor’s “I am God’s gift to mafia” stance was a teenager thing.

ProHawk
= | | | |

The Fool
| | v | |

Vedith/Muki
= = = = = | | = = = | |

= | = = = | - + = = +? | |

BRantz
-? v = -?= u v - - - = - -
don’t really get the unvote and revote of brantz, which are adjacent in iso, but probably something happened in the intervening hundred posts (she says something about tarot cards in the post where she revotes him but I don’t understand it). I think her continued insistence that brantz had to be scum based on his cards after it was explained that this was a choose your own cards not a choose your own alignment game is scummy.

Wisdom
= = - - - = = | - = = -v - - - - - - - ⌾ = - - - -
interacts approximately equally with wisdom and pisskop. a little more with wisdom than with pisskop, but she's hidden her living buddy well from me if she has one.

pisskop/ LynxKuroneko
= - - =? = | | = +? = + + + + + + +
her defence of pisskop is hard to know what to make of it because it’s based on stuff that happened in a neighbourhood that i don’t have access to that hasn’t been paraphrased legibly.

ZeL1nK2
-?= =

Idiocy/tiershift/farside
-? = -? | = - - - - - - v ⌾ - = = +
her reasons for scum reading idiocy are very surface level.

Tammy
= + + + = | | = =

Ika Zaru/ika/mala
+ + + + | = + | - = | + -
her read reversal on ika seems similarly unnatural given how hard she was town reading him earlier. she starts town reading him again later.

Luna Fox
= | = = = = = = | -?= = = - - - =? | = = = - +- -v = -
4653 makes me think godfather tell but I know that's a weak tell, but there were two godfathers in the last large i was in. her night 1 protect on luna doesn’t make sense because she doesn’t seem to have been town reading her on day 1 and at the start of day 2 she seems to be scum reading her. later on in 5705 she’s still scum reading her but says that “she can’t play right” which implies thinking she’s bad town instead of scum. This continues in 5709 with her calling luna anti-town instead of scum.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5872 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Plotinus »

it's a weak tell anyway.

Titus' large probably skewed my perceptions of what is plausible. That was the most recent setup I was exposed to. it is probably best if i go back to avoiding setup spec. I am not good at it.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5876 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Plotinus »

@kamigami: In wifom city she was town and on day 1 she was mislynched, and her perspective there looked similar to her perspective here. If people were suspicious of her, she was suspicious of them in turn. If people townread her, she townread them in turn. Her play here has been similar to that. She turned on luna because luna had a different mafia theory perspective than she did about how the neighbourhoods should be treated. she turned on ika because he called her scum. her scumread on idiocy was also omgus.

I don't know if omgussy play is a compelling reason to call her town, but i've seen her play like that as town in my only previous experience playing with her.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5883 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5878, Kamigami wrote:
In post 5876, Plotinus wrote:@kamigami: In wifom city she was town and on day 1 she was mislynched, and her perspective there looked similar to her perspective here. If people were suspicious of her, she was suspicious of them in turn. If people townread her, she townread them in turn. Her play here has been similar to that. She turned on luna because luna had a different mafia theory perspective than she did about how the neighbourhoods should be treated. she turned on ika because he called her scum. her scumread on idiocy was also omgus.

I don't know if omgussy play is a compelling reason to call her town, but i've seen her play like that as town in my only previous experience playing with her.

While I don't disagree that her play here is highly imperfect as either alignment, I find it hard to imagine that your appraisal of her pairwise interactions resulted in a universally negative opinion.

well there's also her scumread on wisdom, but it took her a long time to vote him after she started scumreading him. she was also scumreading pisskop earlier on but i don't know what to make of her reversal on him because it's neighbourhood stuff from a neighbourhood i'm not in.

I suppose the trouble I'm having finding something to call town in her ISO might be a towntell in itself in a roundabout way? (not "too scummy to be scum", but confbias. but usually numbers helps me slow down enough to avoid that. idk.)

...and then the neighbours started drilling :( brb finding earplugs.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5945 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Hi Klingon. Thanks for answering my concerns.

In post 5937, Klingoncelt wrote:No, I'm sheeping WoF, who were right about Pisskop.
oh ok. you hadn't had much of an opinion of him before, that's all.

There was a lot of "suspicion" on [Perpetual Nonsense]. I wasn't sure if it was Town suspicion or Scum faking suspicion. Either way, I thought - and still think - that they're Town, and needed protection.
Do you think that scum are likely to nightkill people they fake suspicion of?

I was right about Tammy being Town. I'm still thinking your slot is likely Scum.
You were right about Tammy. You weren't right about me. But you're not being graded on accuracy here; scum can be 100% accurate about their reads if they choose to be.

I've been reading the Cards for 39 years. I'm going to look at the choices as relating. Sorry.

O wait, Brantz was Scum. And Wisdom too.

I'M NOT SORRY!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ok.

I'm confident that the others in the hood can sort that out.
Perhaps they can. It makes my scumhunting more difficult because I have to trust that your reads progression on pisskop makes sense to a group of people who aren't me.

Idiocy's reasons for Scumreading me were very bad level.
I will only get around to reading dead town ISOs when I have nothing better to do, but I did ctrl-f kling in their ISO and it looks like they were primarily scumreading you for not doing very much, and for not having reads beyond omgus. What was wrong with their reasons for scumreading you?

I've played with Ika at 3 sites. I can usually spot his Town game. It's more difficult when he's in a hydra.
I think 95% of their ISO was ika posts, but ok.

In post 5938, Klingoncelt wrote:In Wifom City there was something going on that I am not at liberty to discuss. Let's just say that it's not a good idea to try to read me based on that game.
your play there was part of my reasons for why you could be town here, not part of my attack, but I'm okay with dropping this lining of reasoning; the game state was different enough that comparisons may be difficult and we don't have to talk about it.

I will try to read you based on this game alone.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5948 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 5946, Klingoncelt wrote:Did you read Day1 here? It's got to be the worst clusterfuck I've ever seen. Zelnik's wallposts made my eyes bleed. Anyway the horrific Day 1 made it really difficult for me to get any kind of grip on the game. I was totally flying blind. So I didn't do a whole lot, not like I could get a word in edgewise. The OMGUS was pretty reasonable from where I sit, most of those scumreading me seemed to literally pull it out of their asses with a cluster of screaming monkeys, their "suspicions" made no logical sense to me.
Ohhh.

I haven't reread it since replacing in yet; I do ISOs first, but I did read Day 1 in real time. I had absolutely no reads whatsoever until like page 200 which is ridiculous even for me. My reaction to this game for quite some time was "I love this playerlist but thank fuck this is somebody else's problem" not "I wish I could jump in and tell all these people that they're being wrong on the internet and I must convince them of my rightness".

It was only when I started having opinions about this game that I was willing to replace in.

I couldn't tell how much of that was being burnt out though; this game started around the time I almost siteflaked but one of my hydra partners was laying it on thick like
you're my only hydra partner who hasn't flaked on me
and the other sat me down and troubleshooted with me on how to stop stressing so much and make the game fun again (that's why all the frog pics) and then by the time those games were over I felt better and didn't want to site flake anymore.

Looking at this game at the time, it seemed like everyone else was getting something out of what to me was complete gibberish in real time that only makes sense in light of flips. I think that may be an illusion, though, this idea that everyone else understands what's happening and it's just me that gets lost. I thought that was just me being dumb. Perhaps it's more accurate that the loudest voices understand what's going on and the quieter voices are just going through the motions knowing it'll make sense eventually.

I'll give you a lot more of a free pass for day 1 if that's how you were feeling. I get it. That's part of why I like replacing in so much. I get to skip the gibberish phase until there's enough hindsight for it to no longer be gibberish.

Zelinks posts were one of the only things I liked about day 1 though. They were hysterically funny. I thought his post restriction was real and wanted his slot for a while because I've always wanted to be post restricted.

Klingon wrote:
You can go to my profile and ISO games from there...

Here's a link to my very favorite Scum game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6682420

The Scum PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61116
Meta works best for me when it's experiential meta for something that I was playing in or following along with in real time trying to guess alignments and doing numbers thing, but if I have time I'll try to skim it and I'll read the scum PT at least.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5987 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Fluff, I have sent music to mastina last night, a combination of "hey it's your username in a song how about that" and "i think you would like other stuff by this singer you should check her out".

Anen, can you link me to the game* that I'm being widely townread in it because it sounds like a fun game to read and/or play.

*this is my only ongoing with him don't worry

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5995 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

nope.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5997 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Plotinus »

I don't understand the question.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6000 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Plotinus »

I don't have any flavour knowledge. Like, at all. I don't know what cards are possible or what they mean beyond what's written in my role pm.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6003 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

ok, i'll ask ffery then, because I don't know.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6007 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

that I should have been in a different neighbourhood. I haven't been added to any new neighbourhoods yet if I'm going to be.

I don't mind joining another but I'm settled in the one I'm in I think.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6010 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

ffery has added me to the water neighbourhood now.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6024 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

having read the water neighbourhood, i think i understand where klingon has been coming from in this game a little better now, both with regard to her luna stance and her pisskop stance.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6071 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Are you scumreading fluffcentral or are you making a point?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6075 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Plotinus »

@kling: ok. why is fluff scum?

@PN: does serious note mean that what came before it was sarcasm? is it the kind of sarcasm where you say the exact opposite of what you think, or something else?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6077 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Plotinus »

thanks for clarifying. I felt like I was starting to get a grasp of the game and then the last few posts on the last page, it was like a thin layer of oil coating the threads and understanding started slipping through my fingers.

ugh my communication is stuck in cryptic mode right now. i can try again if someone needs me to; i'm not doing it on purpose. i'll probably flip back to verbose mode later.

I don't understand the scumreads on fluff, since they claimed to give oil tycoons the tree stump, but I haven't ISOed them yet either.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6088 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Plotinus »

cause they made oil tycoons a tree stump

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6142 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Plotinus »

I sent Perpetual Nonesense the moostash song last night because it's a fun song and makes me want to run around in happy circles.

I feel like I don't have any allies this game and I don't know what to do about it. I don't know why; it's not like I haven't replaced into dead townslots on page 200 before. The first time I did spend a month not knowing what to do, the second time I did okay, but this time there's [I need to figure out a way of languaging this thing that happens sometimes that is less confusable because the way I describe it in my head sounds too superficially similar to ways I describe situations very different from this one.]

I'm scared that the only person who is townreading me has ulterior motives. I think fluff was townreading me too for setup spec reasons, which worried me less because I could follow along with their argument about balance.

But this feels like day 10 of WDPT, where the only person who could see that I was town was scum and I just latched right on and clung to him like the newb that I was and some part of me still feels encouraged that someone is reaching out to me and knows i'm town. And I'm not a newb anymore and I know what it means when someone knows that I'm town when nobody else seems to but I can feel it working on me anyway damnit.

I think I've done enough ISOing for now, enough ISOing that I have some sort of grasp of the game state and I think I need to read the thread in order again. Don't worry, I won't do it
zelinks
style. Just going to note things that stand out to me now that I have some preliminary reads and knowing the alignments of half the players. I'm alive in too many games to do this quickly, but I'll do some each day.

Spoiler: maybe this isn't important to anyone but me, but it's a thing I need to do.
The first thing that really stood out was Wall of Fire's on
pisskop's predecessor
, who had at that point only confirmed and done nothing else. I thought that this was just mastina being mastina because she did something similar in wifom city but there at least she was going on something more than just "/confirm." She was right, I just don't understand how she got there. And so looks cheeky in hindsight. In it turns out it was ceph, who i haven't played with before so idk then.

from Kamigami is interesting because the second person mentioned is probably
Luna Fox
, so I think they're telling the truth about something. It's good that they say a response isn't required but it worries me when people share this kind of information. The last time i was scum I kept thinking "do these people realise that the scumteam can read the public thread or?" and in WDPT, the people who were not paranoid at all about sharing this kind of information were predominantly scum.

Early scumread on vedith's predecessor for .

I think notsy's looks like the first Town Post of the game. I remember bins scumreading me for townposting like this in a previous game but I was town and she was scum so I'm going to townlean them for it to be contrary. In they're the first to put up some resistance to the early wagon on
pisskop's predecessor
, which is a noteworthy thing and I am noting it. For my townlean on them is less tongue in cheek.

Anen's is underwhelming.

It's page 10 and I'm confused about Wall of Fire, worried about Kamigami, scumreading vedith, have assigned some tongue in cheek town points to fluff that later became less tongue in cheek, am underwhelmed by aneninen, and reading the words of the dead but not bothering to figuring out what my read on them would be.

tl;dr: I don't know what my problem is but I will fix it.

pedit (i started writing this after 6138 and before 6139): in the meantime, I'm willing to VOTE: Aneninen even if I'm going to miss these glimpses into that alternate game thread in which everybody knows i'm town and they're always glad i came.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6145 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Plotinus »

did you like the moostash song?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6158 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 6136, Kamigami wrote:
Vote: Anen

In post 6141, Vedith wrote:UNVOTE: Bacde
VOTE: AnenVOTE:

Vedith's might not count.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6159 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 am

Post by Plotinus »

ugh nevermind me you did get kamigami's vote. it was just vedith's that wasm issed.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6170 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Medea is already conftown.

In post 6113, fferyllt wrote:
Medea the Alien was a
Town Evolving JOAT

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6185 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Plotinus »

Then you'll be in LYLO with Vedith.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6187 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

I am town, that's why it's correct.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6189 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Plotinus »

Mostly because of .

But it's nervousmaking having a governor around in LYLO because if he is a scum governor he could govern the lynch. I think it's not worth the risk.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6192 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

right, but in 5p LYLO if we do manage to lynch scum who isn't Vedith, and if Vedith is scum, then Vedith can unlynch them. And if he and I are both town and we lynch us both then that's the end of the game.

pedit: I don't know. I'd have to look at not just his interactions towards other slots but others towards him. I'll spend some time looking when it's not almost bedtime. I think best in the mornings, and I'm spread a bit thin lately, but I will.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6203 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Plotinus »

V/LA until Monday.

I'm sorry; something's come up offline. I'm not going to be completely afk, but I can't predict right now whether I'll be able to give this game the attention it deserves this weekend.

x-posted to all my games.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6310 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:23 am

Post by Plotinus »

I'm sorry that I haven't been towny enough to avoid still being a question mark at this late stage in the game. If we lynch me then tomorrow is LYLO and I wish you all luck.

I'm overextended, and I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. I tried reading pages 11-20 tonight and all I got out of it was that zelinks' posts are still hilarious (and he caught brantz and wisdom and pisskop's predecessor based on their confirmation stage posts, which was interesting.)

It's bedtime now but if I'm still alive when I wake up then I'll try to do something.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6311 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

Still reading. Still hate Muki's for the reasons that everybody else hated it at the time (wishywashy, doesn't add much, just signal boosts other people's stances, most of it had been answered already, etc.) It's good that Vedith's predecessor's vote ended up on scum but it's easy to be right when you know the answers. Muki fencesitting.

I was getting more of a newbie read on them for a while because a lot of their stances were pretty lol (zelink was town because wallposting = effort) and this seems to be their only game but then make me lean alt instead. There are these weird jumps in mafia theory knowledge, as if sometimes they forgot to play dumb.

As of page 41, Zelinks is townreading perpetual nonesense and kamigami, and scumreading all other living players.

I'm townreading perpetual nonesense too, though I worry it's just because post like make me laugh so hard.

Anyway, I read 30 pages and there wasn't much that I found still relevant for commenting on, and then I wandered off to snuggle my cat and then fell asleep and now i'm groggy and it's almost 6pm and I don't think I have any brain power left for mafia today but it's too early to go to bed for real.

I'll read more later.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6315 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Plotinus »

Get well soon AJ.

PN says they're vote parking zelink until he stops wall posting. In WDPT,
Narninian
spent most of the game talking about his votepark on
bbmolla
so I think this is a scummy thing to say, but I've been trusting
zelink
's townread on them.

I like little things like from Fluff Central because it's eminently relatable to me.

Zelinks posts a . He's townreading
Oil Tycoons
Bacde
Perpetual Nonesense
Kamigami
. He townleans
Fluff Central
Ika Zaru
, and maybe me. He dislikes
Tammy, Medea
, and
Wall of Fire
, and is null on other slots. His confirmation stage scumreads were more accurate I think, even though they were a joke.

I'm on page 57 somewhere but the sun is setting already (not even 4pm yet) and I have run out of thinky-thoughts for the day.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6320 (isolation #58) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:15 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 6317, Kamigami wrote:Zelink's opinions mean just about nothing at this stage. zmuff is a great player, but we have 3 scumflips that he didn't have access to in his analyses.

How about some macro-level analysis, plot. What do you think the scum were doing at the various stages of the game? What do you think they were doing with BRantz? Is there anything interesting about during Day 2 and 3 that jumps out at you?
Running out of time for mafia today; Saturdays are busy for me, but I can't look at the entire forest until I've looked at all the trees. I'm rereading a little faster than is optimal because I'm not understanding all that much of what I read unfortunately but I do feel pressed to get on to the more meaningful parts of the game.

On a macro level, in my reread, I'm up to the time when the first major wagon against my predecessor is starting to fall apart. I've been paying attention to the rise and fall of it but I'm not getting as much out of it as I would like; I know that at least one scum was pushing it (wisdom) and at least one scum was lurking it out (pisskop's predecessor, LynxKuroneko), and quite a few townies were pushing it as well with arguments that I don't understand based on prior experiences that I'm not privy to. It seemed to me like one the first important wagons of the game, though perhaps that's just because it was my own slot, and it's often the case that people are wrong early on about their reads but there's time for course corrections later.

I liked a lot of kamigami's early posting because it felt like they were sincerely trying to understand the game state; but because they seemed to be primarily approaching it through setup spec, at least in the posts of theirs that stood out to me, and that's not a relatable angle for me so I looked to see if anybody else was objecting to their approach and nobody was so that's okay.

I liked PN's posts because they were funny and charming but that's not a good reason for a townread; trusting other people like zelink feels more stable.

I wish mastina had been posting more than ceph because I've played with mastina three times now and I don't know ceph.

I've hated everything muki posted but i'm trying not to tunnel.

Aj the epic was doing a lot of scumhunting early on, more so than most people, and he had a higher signal to noise ratio than other slots.

I don't know how to read fluff central very well; I was townreading notsy early on in the game I modded even though I knew he was scum because he was playing very well. Tammy really liked some of their posting, especially the part where fluff central said something about soon no longer being mislynchable.

I do think scum is vedith + somebody in the townbloc so I've been trying to pay attention to how people interact with muki when they post but they post so infrequently that I'm not getting much out of it. Perhaps it'll be easier once vedith subs in.

So much of the early game is meta discussion based on past experiences that I don't share, so it's a little harder for me to judge whether an argument makes sense or is accurate; as a result, I'm relying a little more on the opinion's of dead townies who may or may not have been correct but at least had good intention. As we approach the stage of the game where I can understand the majority of the posts, I'll be relying on that less.

I'll be able to answer the other questions when I've reread those parts of the game more recently than October. I'll read some more tomorrow; I may not have the time or the mental resources to come back to mafia today.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6327 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 6323, Kamigami wrote:
In post 6320, Plotinus wrote:
Aj the epic was doing a lot of scumhunting early on, more so than most people, and he had a higher signal to noise ratio than other slots.

Can you run me through the reasoning for AJ-town independent of being a miller?

We rolecopped him because I believed him to be scum, so I'm curious how you came to such a differing conclusion.
I liked questions like . Although he picked the wrong side of the argument, attacks like and on my predecessor felt like he was scumhunting, not being opportunistic. The tone feels a little gleeful which I dislike but the actual points aren't bad and are questions I could see myself asking a person. was okay too. I liked , too.

There's stuff like that I could claim is him tying Tammy (and me) to wisdom I guess but I bet I could find things like that in everybody's ISOs if I went looking for something to push on; since wisdom and my slot were the centre of attention at the time, it's reasonable that he'd want to hear someone's opinion on it.

In post 6324, Kamigami wrote:
In post 6320, Plotinus wrote:
I do think scum is vedith + somebody in the townbloc so I've been trying to pay attention to how people interact with muki when they post but they post so infrequently that I'm not getting much out of it. Perhaps it'll be easier once vedith subs in.

What is your opinion of the Vedith + Wisdom double-iso between posts 2000 and 2350?
My first thought was bussing but that's probably just the tunnel talking; it does seem less likely towards the end. I will try to think about this more verbosely soon. I'm pretty distracted right now. I was spectating a recent scumgame of Vedith's; i should reread that ISO to remind myself how he treated his buddy there.

Vedith wrote:
In post 6320, Plotinus wrote:I do think scum is vedith + somebody in the townbloc so I've been trying to pay attention to how people interact with muki when they post but they post so infrequently that I'm not getting much out of it. Perhaps it'll be easier once vedith subs in.

Subs in?
replaces in.

pedit: hi notsy!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6331 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1787, fferyllt wrote:
Vedith replaces Muki. Please welcome him!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6332 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 6328, Kamigami wrote:What's the part that looks like bussing?
The early part. through , especially onwards. looks like trying to tie zelink to vedith. But it looks progressively less so over the passage you had me read and then not at all towards the end.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6365 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Plotinus »

Nacho, you've seen my scumgame three times now. Does this look anything like it?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6392 (isolation #63) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Plotinus »

I guess snuggling up to the dead thread in case any of them were Restless Spirits didn't work out so well. Maybe next time.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6423 (isolation #64) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 6395, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 6392, Plotinus wrote:I guess snuggling up to the dead thread in case any of them were Restless Spirits didn't work out so well. Maybe next time.

what are you talking about?
I was buddying Zelinks and Tammy in my catchup posts. Instead of, you know, buddying people who might have voted for notMe.

In post 6396, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:plot were you town?
of course. I am always town, regardless of my alignment. :good:

was going to pretend to be salty about the death godfather treestump (mis)lynching me to restock on towncred after leading the town on several mislynches but I'm not really in the mood to pretend to be upset; just won my third scumgame this week. Tryharding three lylos at once was stressful.

Have fun everybody!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6427 (isolation #65) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Plotinus »

I am a
town
aligned
music vendor
who can win with the
town

Did you ever listen to the moustache song? it's such a fun song.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6434 (isolation #66) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Plotinus »

@Nacho: My Vedith post was written before I got my role pm. (So was the aneninen post, and the brantz post too). I did numbers for a few people because I wanted to know whether it would be even worth replacing in, if it was going to be one of those games where I couldn't get reads and felt useless and dumb or one of those games where I could usefully contribute. I was excited about the brantz thing because everyone was saying he wouldn't bus as mafia traitor when that's what he did in WDPT, he bussed everybody in WDPT, but that may have been the wrong approach. I think I didn't contribute so usefully after all, but I tried.)

The words weren't the beginning of the Vedith post, the numbers were. It's a map of his trajectory on various slots. + is townready type actions and - is scumready type actions. The "why hasn't he been lynched yet" was the conclusion, not the beginning. I tried to put it into words but the numbers mean more than the words do.

In this game, I was surprised to learn that "I am letting everyone down by not being towny enough" is not an alignment indicative emotion for me. You'd think it'd be a town-only feeling but I was in-real-life pretty unhappy about my inability to obvtown here. In battlestar galactica, I replaced into a slot that was in fairly similar condition to this one and 6 real life days later I was nightkilled, and that's the standard I was holding myself to and I failed pretty miserably at it this time.

I did manage to stop stressing about that recentlyish and I'm mostly over it now, but it took me by surprise.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6924 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Plotinus »

congrats town, good game

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6928 (isolation #68) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Plotinus »

Thanks for modding, ffery <3

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6942 (isolation #69) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

you did well aj, thanks for carrying me.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6948 (isolation #70) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 373, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 13, Aj The Epic wrote:Can we all just agree to label hydra posts? I don't remember half of you.

/confirm

I will not be labeling my posts.

#Rebel4Lyfe

I am not a huge fan of this post overall. It feels a lot like he is trying to give off the appearance of being a reasonable, helpful and considerate person, albeit slightly forgetful... But it feels like it's being done with an ulterior motive. I feel like he's trying to win people over so they won't realise that he's scum. It's almost unfortunate for him that I am just one step ahead. Too bad, Aj the Epic... I'm sure you had everyone else fooled.

In post 18, Wisdom wrote:/confirm

In post 19, Oil Tycoons wrote:/confirm

In post 20, Kamigami wrote:/confirm

I would say odds are decent that one of the players who posted here is a bad guy.

Let me do the math...

Yeah, there's about a 60% chance that at least one person in any random group of three is scum in this game (assuming five scum). I am rather happy with making this call. I think I will be lynching from this pool of players today.

In post 374, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 25, LynxKuroneko wrote:/conform

I cannot really read into this without knowing whether or not it was a typo.

If it was a typo, it could very well be coming from a bad guy.

If it was not a typo, it was clever almost to the point of being brilliant, and therefore likely to come from a super villain (aka a bad guy).

@LynxKuroneko,

Was that a typo?

Please consider answering my question a top priority, because the answer is rather important.

In post 26, BRantz wrote:/confirm

This post could very well be coming from a bad guy. If I had to put my finger on something here, it would be the tone of this post. It comes across as rather scummy.

In post 41, Kuroko Network wrote:
vote: Oil Tycoons

In post 42, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 38, Fluff Central wrote:VOTE: Konowa

I don't really understand the empty threat at me from Wall of Fire either, but I'm not particularly scared of them either, sooooooooooooo.

Is this serious or random?

Post number 41 feels neutral overall, but followed up with post 42 is giving me bad vibes. Actually, post 42 is just a really not-very-good post.

This feels like a question one would ask as scum when they are unsure of an appropriate town-sounding question to ask. Whereas an appropriate question could even have been something simple like, "why?" (because that can actually lead to fruitful discussion), the question actually asked is unlikely to go anywhere (even if the answer wasn't rather obvious given it was a
change
of vote), but also we're not even two pages into the game and most of the posts thus far have been confirmation posts; why would any vote need to be "serious" if not random?

It also feels rather deadpan in a not-good way. There's no life to this post. I don't think that's a town trait.

[5/5]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6954 (isolation #71) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Plotinus »

You did the best you could with the resources you had available to you and you almost won. I am sorry for doubting you earlier in the dead thread.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7002 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Everyone makes mistakes. It's okay.