Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:35 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 4, Hoopla wrote:howdy y'all

so, i don't know many of you. who's good? who's bad? who am i able to bully?

VOTE: iamausername
i'm good

bullying is bad

science is good

VOTE: notscience
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

just so y'all know, i'm gonna be moving to another part of the country for work for a few days starting tomorrow, should be able to get online once i'm there, but thought i ought to throw out a warning just in case i have problems. peace out hombres.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 am

Post by iamausername »

hey all, i'm back, will hook you up with some sweet sweet opinions asap.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 104, Shockwave Rider wrote: @Albert: Glad to hear it. Town's really dodging a bullet here.
this guy owns. i totally grok his gut scum read on Aisa, though i'm having trouble nailing down exactly why at the moment. something about bothers me a lot.
In post 113, Aronis wrote: Hoopla is more VIstyle/Null-leant atm. Seems town, but not enough yet for me to make a decent read.
am i reading this wrong or did you just call hoopla a vi? because if you did, hoo boy.
In post 134, Dragon Alliance wrote:Your gut is failing you horribly right now, so I wouldn't trust it to much.
this feels like a scum post; absolutely no consideration of the possibility that hoopla's gut has no involvement in her vote due to her being scum gunning for a mislynch. oh look, and they're still voting for hoopla too. let's ride.

UNVOTE: notscience
VOTE: Dragon Alliance

other opinions: rottweiler is town, profont's vote on aronis is v. bad (protip: scum will avoid admitting scuminess as much as possible, not blithely announce it as soon as someone questions them), alfred g. lampshade is a curmudgeon as usual
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 147, iamausername wrote:profont's vote on aronis is v. bad (protip: scum will avoid admitting scuminess as much as possible, not blithely announce it as soon as someone questions them)
What makes you believe that? How likely do you think that this is indeed the case with Aronis (and that he isn't trying to trick us all)?
like, basic common sense? scum are trying to hide the fact that they are scum. that's kind of the entire basis of the game.
i think if Aronis is trying to trick us into thinking he is a competent town player, he is doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

what do YOU think of Aronis?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:47 am

Post by iamausername »

really not feeling this rottweiler wagon. if we absolutely must dismantle the beastcharizard wagon (and i'm far from convinced that we must), can we lynch Aisa instead?

like, is Aisa giving off any indication that she gives the slightest crap about who gets lynched today? has she offered any opinion on any of the prospective lynches on the table? has she offered any opinion on
anything
?

UNVOTE: Beastcharizard
VOTE: Aisa

c'mon
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 241, Rottweiler wrote: iamausername, ask yourself the same questions you just asked, but about Sakura (and Albert). Aren't they worse than Aisa?

~Wis
Sakura's stance on all major wagons is perfectly clear. she was in favour of beastcharizard, is in favour of you, is not in favour of herself. you might not agree with these stances, but they certainly exist.

Albert is pretty useless, i agree, but he is at least not trying to pretend otherwise. Albert has been entirely open about the fact that he has no intention of contributing anything useful today, Aisa is trying to disguise this fact by continually asking questions with no actual substance to make it look like she's contributing.
In post 258, Profont wrote: You picked up on the issues with our Aronis vote, and you look like a pretty experienced and thoughtful guy. So, why did you jump on the low-hanging fruit?
don't make the mistake of assuming that an easy lynch is always a wrong lynch. scum can be bad players too.
More to the point, where did this post come from? The Beastcharizard wagon was dismantled because you dismantled it. Before that, only Sakura had unvoted, we spoke out against it and Shockwave Rider had actually rescinded his town read of DA. If you had wanted a Beastcharizard lynch, you could have easily pushed it. Why didn't you?
-font
if you don't think the beastcharizard wagon was already on the decline before i unvoted, then clearly you are not good at reading the game state, but regardless, i want Aisa lynched more than i want beastcharizard lynched.

a contributing factor in this decision was the fact that during the break, i read over Aisa's one completed game on site and found a town Aisa who was vastly more proactive in pushing lynches than she has been in this game.
In post 276, beastcharizard wrote:@iamusername

Why did you not go after Aronis? You seemed to think they weren't town in one of your posts. What do you think of them now? Also, in the post before you mentioned Profont's vote on Aronis was bad.

UNVOTE:
i have no idea where you are getting the impression that i ever found Aronis scummy.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:39 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 287, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 187, iamausername wrote:
In post 157, Aisa wrote:
In post 147, iamausername wrote:profont's vote on aronis is v. bad (protip: scum will avoid admitting scuminess as much as possible, not blithely announce it as soon as someone questions them)
What makes you believe that? How likely do you think that this is indeed the case with Aronis (and that he isn't trying to trick us all)?
like, basic common sense? scum are trying to hide the fact that they are scum. that's kind of the entire basis of the game.
i think if Aronis is trying to trick us into thinking he is a competent town player, he is doing a pretty piss-poor job of it.

what do YOU think of Aronis?
This is why I got that impression.
oh, ok. the key word there was 'competent'.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:50 am

Post by iamausername »

prod received, shall endeavour to get my shit together later this evening.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:26 am

Post by iamausername »

ika is the worst lynch of all lynches, Aronis was obvtown, ika is obvtown, don't even think about it.

Rottweiler decided that Sakura was going to be scum and then found reasons for her to be scum afterwards. the trouble is, i get the impression that this is a thing that Wisdom would do as town. but just so we're clear, i am 100% voting Rottweiler over Greymarble if that's what the choice is going to be at deadline.

but that shouldn't be the choice. the choice should be Aisa.

& are so goddamn weaselly, "could be a scumtell", "I'm not going to lynch you based on a single piece of evidence" and all of that. Aisa is running screaming from any responsibility for the arguments she is pushing here. and this is not an isolated incident. see also ; on the rare occasions that she actually makes a point against someone instead of asking irrelevant questions to look busy, it's always like "hey this is a thing that someone might find scummy", i'm just going to leave this accusation here, and if you choose to lynch a townie with it, that's your business.

and, again, the bulk of her posting consists of completely meaningless questions that achieve nothing. when i pressed her to give an actual opinion about something (specifically, Aronis), she deflected by claiming that she just needed him to answer another pointless question before she could muster an opinion (). for the record, i pushed this further after Aronis was slated for replacement, but annoyingly, that and her decidedly uninspiring response has been eaten.

deadline is rapidly approaching, and she's sitting on a vote for Sakura because "you're making it impossible for me to discern your alignment" and "I still have a problem with how you are denying the town information". quite aside from the fact that this is absolute bullshit, because Sakura did plenty with which one could determine her alignment, Aisa is trying to pass the responsibility for her vote onto Sakura herself here,
because she knows Sakura will flip town
. and this is what she has done throughout the game. BECAUSE SHE KNOWS WHO IS TOWN AND WHO IS SCUM. BECAUSE SHE IS SCUM. DONE.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 am

Post by iamausername »

Aronis displayed a particular kind of cluelessness that is a lot harder for scum to fake than most people seem to believe. i cannot see coming from scum at all.

i would vote you over Greymarble because i think it's more likely that i have incorrectly read you as town than it is that i have incorrectly read Sakura/Greymarble as town.

i am not
ignoring
Sakura, i just intensely disagree with you that anything she did was worse. i am pretty much ignoring Albert, but again, Albert is not trying to disguise the fact that he is contributing absolutely nothing today. if you want to lynch Albert, i'm sure as hell not going to argue.

Sakura gave reads on multiple players, pushed the Dragon Alliance wagon, then pushed your wagon, these are all solid facts that can be used to determine her alignment, in addition to all the more abstract behavioural tells that her level of posting undoubtedly contains. but, like, you seem to believe you've determined her alignment, so why the fuck are you even questioning this?

any more questions?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:27 am

Post by iamausername »

now go find me all the reads Aisa has given and all the wagons she's pushed.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:58 am

Post by iamausername »

it's cute how Rottweiler and Greymarble are both so sure they're going to be killed tonight.

Rottweiler, get your vote on the Aisa wagon yesterday if you don't want MTD to be lynched. Greymarble is not happening. Aisa is probably not happening either now, because you were too goddamn stubborn to compromise on someone you also think is probable scum, but maybe there's a chance if everyone who isn't voting MTD or Aisa right now gets on it and everybody who is Shockwave Rider and doesn't actually want to lynch MTD gets on it.

i'll make sure to be back on before deadline to switch my vote if needed.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 527, MTD wrote:Btw, from my PoV an Aisa lynch is nearly as bad as a lynch of myself, I would only grudgingly compromise to this...
^seems unlikely to come from scum MTD in this situation.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:04 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 550, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 549, iamausername wrote:Greymarble is not happening.
make it fucking happen
no.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:07 am

Post by iamausername »

i'm refusing to vote for a town read.

you're refusing to vote for a scum read because it's not the one you've been pushing the whole game and you think you're john wayne.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 am

Post by iamausername »

if you think Aisa is more likely scum than MTD, you should vote Aisa. the reasons why you think she's more likely scum are irrelevant at this point. MTD is 100% going to be lynched if you can't get off your high horse and accept a compromise.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:31 am

Post by iamausername »

yeah, you're right. forgot that beastcharizard bailed earlier as well. there's no hope.

UNVOTE: Aisa
VOTE: MTD
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:15 am

Post by iamausername »

VOTE: Aisa

would also happily lynch Hoopla based on MTD's posting.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 592, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I finally read the game.

Scum is obviously one of the players that MTD called town. Profont, rottweiler and Hoopla all come off badly.

Unvote NS, vote rottweiler
yes but
In post 527, MTD wrote: from my PoV an Aisa lynch is nearly as bad as a lynch of myself, I would only grudgingly compromise to this...
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by iamausername »

ika kill makes notscience scum unlikely. why's he gonna kill the one guy who was actively defending him?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Post by iamausername »

well then. i guess we should wait for notscience to make a futile PR claim before we lynch him, just in case.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 597, iamausername wrote:well then. i guess we should wait for notscience to make a futile PR claim before we lynch him, just in case.
hey idiot, just in case what? the only way we possibly lose any useful info by not waiting for him to post is if notscience is actually the tracker himself, which is just lol.

UNVOTE: Aisa
VOTE: notscience
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 610, beastcharizard wrote:We don't really need his claim because if NS flips as anything but scum/someone who can use an action on someone then we know Rott is scum.

Are we ok with this quick lynch or should we postpone it some?
there's really no reason to wait.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:09 am

Post by iamausername »

happy to treat Aisa as cleared; technically she could be a scum JOAT using a ninja kill, but i don't see scum using their goon to make the N1 kill when they were already a man down if they had the JOAT power available.

i'm thinking massclaim today. we have at least one more power role out there with some potentially useful info for us, and scum kill is already going to be targeted at Rottweiler tonight, so they're not even putting themselves in harm's way by claiming. there's really no downside.

gut says Hoopla is our last scum, fwiw, though obviously reread is in order before i'm gonna throw my vote around.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

oh, so it is. thought it was three. so we don't necessarily have any more power roles out there. this makes massclaim somewhat less useful, though i still think it would be a good idea.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

i am a VT who is going to go ahead and get that reread done right now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:06 am

Post by iamausername »

cool, go ahead, just make sure you're lynching Hoopla and ABR after me. everyone else is town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 am

Post by iamausername »

for the record, if it was me, i'd have recruited the traitor, but hey ho.

Return to “Completed Open Games”