Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Hi all. Just caught up. Going to go ahead and VOTE: Elements.

Also, while I don't like NotMySpamAccount's opening post, both it and his response to the accusations read as town to me. Also, he's voting for scum, so that's good.

@TTTT thoughts on other players who have posted so far?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 67, TTTT wrote:
In post 54, cbynumber wrote:Also, while I don't like NotMySpamAccount's opening post, both it and his response to the accusations read as town to me.
why did you dislike his original post
if you read it as town?
I read it as town because I can't see the benefit for scumNMSA to contrive such an entrance. It's a bad post because, as was stated elsewhere, claiming your role allows mafia to narrow down which players have the power roles.
In post 72, MaryJoLisa2 wrote: Why do you see Elements as scum?
Initially, I voted him because his vote on NMSA seemed like an opportunity for mafia to lead a vote in order to capitalize on a misplay. It is a bad post, but as this is a game with new players, I believe it to be more likely that this is a newer player not understanding why it's bad to claim your role.

This is weird,
Being very liberal with their role as VT helps mafia significantly more than town so as town there's zero incentive to do this. I explained the name bit earlier. I also have a bit of a habit to mistake bad play for scum play in IRL mafia, so it could also be some of that leaking through.
in that it can only help mafia significantly if NMSA is town. I don't understand how it helps mafia at all if Elements thinks NMSA is mafia? If that makes sense.

Also,
In post 94, Elements wrote: what makes her arguments more reasonable than mine?
this doesn't seem like something you'd ask someone if you thought they were scum.
Salami wrote: TTTT: He is trying to pocket MaryJo
What do you mean by pocket?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by cbynumber »

@skitter you're still voting tall1s as per your first post. Is that to infer you have no scumreads on anyone since your random vote?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:11 am

Post by cbynumber »

So, to clarify,
As mafia, NMSA pretends not to read the thread (thereby ‘missing’ the post which explains why claiming your role is bad), claims vanilla townie and goes out of his way to ham up his newishness in order to raise suspicion on himself. This is all for the effect of playing up his ‘inexperience’ as a way to lower suspicion.
Do I have that right?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:14 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 109, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Replying to Skitter here: I read town on everyone with a slight (very slight) scum lean on you. Sorry.

Elements didn't actually say anything that I didn't say as well. We both saw NMSA's post as LAMIST. I just pointed it out to see if he would become defensive. He did not.
Could you elaborate on your scumlean?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 134, cbynumber wrote:
In post 109, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Replying to Skitter here: I read town on everyone with a slight (very slight) scum lean on you. Sorry.

Elements didn't actually say anything that I didn't say as well. We both saw NMSA's post as LAMIST. I just pointed it out to see if he would become defensive. He did not.
Could you elaborate on your scumlean?
@MaryJo could you answer this please?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a
mislynch
, the
remaining scum member
performs a nightkill.

Yes, but the information we gather will all be based on hunches. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is.
What?
UNVOTE: Elements
VOTE: MaryJoLisa2
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 207, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 204, Elements wrote:
In post 202, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Why do you scum read both me and Salami?
did you read my small spiel?
I did, it just didn't add up to me. If I'm scum and Salami is also scum, then why would he vote to lynch me? Why would he come in, "lay down the law" only to find that his scum partner was giving him a hard time?

It doesn't necessarily have to be me or him, I just don't see why it's me
and
him.
What is this post?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 201, Elements wrote:Town Read:
TTTT

Town Lean:
NotMySpamAccount, cbynumber

Null:
BBmolla, skitter30

Scum Lean:
Salami

Scum Read:
MaryJoLisa2

Formatting is hard, here's the corrected version
You arn't voting your scumread though?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 220, Elements wrote:
In post 217, cbynumber wrote:You arn't voting your scumread though?
My vote would put them at L1. I don't want someone to lol hammer and end the day early
Ah ok, understood.
In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 220, Elements wrote:
In post 217, cbynumber wrote:You arn't voting your scumread though?
My vote would put them at L1. I don't want someone to lol hammer and end the day early
You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
Yeah, on second thought, let's hold off on l1 under tall1s' replacement starts posting.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 228, Elements wrote:
In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.
Have you legitimately given up?
It's my way of playing to my wincon. Day 1 lynches are based entirely on intuition, and then people get to see how their intuition panned out (or didn't pan out). If we drag this out 7-10 days, we'll talk ourselves into circles. Someone's gotta get the ball rolling here and if you want to vote for me, then that's perfectly fine.
Limiting the information town has access to only plays to a mafia wincon. Giving up plays to neither.
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 234, Elements wrote:could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
5. Salami – I need to see more, but I can see both scum and town with him. He’s at least active and searching, so that’s going to push me over into a slight town lean.
In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.

When I go, start examining Salami and if Salami starts coming up rotten, then also look to BBmolla. If Salami is clean, BBmolla may also be clean. By then, you'll have more information to go on.
You list scumreads yet advocate examining Salami, who is a townread of yours (who you are still voting for?)
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote: 6. Skitter – Not enough to go on.
This is also at odds with what you've said throughout the game.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 252, skitter30 wrote:
In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
your ok-ness with being lynched is the only thing that i find townie from you tbh
How is it townie?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 155, TTTT wrote:VOTE: Salami
I'll have more to say later
Interested in the follow up to this.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 267, skitter30 wrote:
In post 258, cbynumber wrote:
In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
your ok-ness with being lynched is the only thing that i find townie from you tbh
How is it townie?
Aftet playing a lot of games, i've found that scum tend to be more survivalistic jn the face of getting lynched - both alignments can win after death, but one scum getting lynched makes scum wincon that much harder given that it leaves fewer scum alive to do the job. Scum, when about to be lynched, tend to get very survivalistic in trying to talk their eay out of it. Maryjolisa is *not* at all survivalistic rn; she's accepted her lynch and is fine with it.

Occasionally, scum who know that being survivalistic tends to be read as a scumtell will try to show that they're fine with being lynched so that people will townread them since they're doing the opposite of ehat scum normally do. Maryjo has almost wrapped around to this side of things and is so fine with it that it's almost lamist and put-upon and over the top and something thay she's saying to get people off her back. I can't tell rn if her acquiesce for her lynch is natural or lamist; it's townie in a surface-level kinda way but
it feels almost fake if that makes sense
Ok that makes sense.
It does feel fake to me, I think it has to do with just how quickly Maryjo gave up after getting called out. I mean, she didn't even try to pretend like that scumslip wasn't intentional.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by cbynumber »

@Notmyspamaccount, what's your take on everything so far?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Yep.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 288, cbynumber wrote:@Notmyspamaccount, what's your take on everything so far?
Not sure, still thinking about it. MJL definitely still seems scummy, I get what you mean with this:

That kinda fleshes out what I was starting to think about her reaction, just total apathy towards her own imminent death.
I already know you think MaryJo is scummy: you're voting for her.
In post 298, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 297, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 295, TTTT wrote:MaryJo if you are town
and I think you prob are
can you stop acting scummy plz
thx
TTTT,

You literally pulled this exact same thing here in post 155. You modeled that to me.

No. I very probably cannot stop doing things that are perceived as scummy because too many people have already developed tunnel vision. I think these day phases are so long that they're destructive to town and give scum an advantage by allowing them to work in tandem behind the scenes creating havoc and confusion.

A few of you (Elements comes to mind) talked me out of this mindset a few days ago, but I'm returning to it. The phase is too long and town is spinning their wheels with no solid information. Many people are leaning in my direction and that's fine. My flip will provide some much needed context for the POV I've been trying to convey and will help town analyze what my train of thought over the last few days and they'll be able to better see the scum by how they interacted with wagons.

I'll give my reads later on.
No, how about we get some reads now. I'd love some information.
While you're pushing MaryJo for some reads, how about providing some of yours?
Specifically, I'm interested in your thoughts on skitter, TTTT and BBmolla.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 295, TTTT wrote:MaryJo if you are town
and I think you prob are
can you stop acting scummy plz
thx
How can a town-aligned player make a post like #191?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 300, Elements wrote:
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:This might be my inexperience talking, but does this sound like a cop or something? Or is he just talking about the night kill or the lynch?
couple of things:
1) try as much as possible not to disscuss power roles at all day one. It's the same concept behind not claiming VT straight away. It gives mafia more idea as to who the PRs are and therefore who they should kill. The only rlly acceptable time is if you're going to get lynched.
2) i highly doubt whatever TTTT is waiting for is lynch related or night action related purely because of how the original post was phrased. "later" implies this day phase and if not, that is possibly the most scummy play i've ever seen.
My guess is they're waiting for someone to post something to do with reads or maybe a reaction from a less active player or even anything from the DR slot.

I did a similar thing with my vote on skitter. The original reason i was going to vote them was to see if MJL followed my vote. (which she did)
@MJL if you could explain why that would be much appreciated.
but I didnt want to put something like "ill explain later" and then sit around waiting so i re read salami and skitter's ISO's and found acctual reason to change my vote which is what it became.
Probably not a good idea to speculate on behalf of someone you have as a townread?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 306, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 303, Elements wrote:It's such a blasé reaction, almost to a point of not caring about the game. I rlly don't know what to make of it
I'm legitimately starting to have some difficulty with the length of the day phase and the inability to make progress. I'd like my side to win, but as I said in a previous post, we're going nowhere and scum is actively collaborating against us and gathering information on our weaknesses. We're just spinning our wheels and feeding info to scum. Scum has a higher chance of hitting a more valuable target during the nightkill with each post that is made. Elements, I'm not sure why you think we should continue on this path of dragging the day phase out.

I think our best chance to win is to take the hit and let town reevaluate the past conversations in light of the new information that will come from the lynch and night kill.
I don't want to start a discussion on powerroles, so I'll just point out that mafia already have the information advantage, 'dragging the day out' works to town's benefit, especially given we still have DR/Tall1s slot who still hasn't posted yet.

That said, this post and #297 are making me doubt my read on you.
I just can't see how someone with a townie mentality makes a slip like #191?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 324, cbynumber wrote: [cut]
While you're pushing MaryJo for some reads, how about providing some of yours?
I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
TTTT is a bit scummy, but he says that's his playstyle. After the explanation (finally) of his vote earlier, I'm leaning town, but only slightly. Not sure what it is, but something just doesn't sit right, so he's close to null.
BBmolla appears to be scumhunting, so he's probablly town to me.
Cool.

Will post detailed thoughts tonight once I'm home from work. Hopefully by then DR will have posted something, anything. (I'll settle for even a 'hi' at this point).
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 341, Elements wrote:
In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
Why only a slight scum lean? you say she hasn't given much to push the day forward despite being fairly active, surely this is more than just slight scum?
Spoiler for my later detailed thoughts: it's because they're probably scumbuddies.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

UNVOTE: MaryJo1
VOTE: skitters
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Since the heat died down from his initial entrance, NotMySpamAccount has done nothing in the way of attempting to find scum.
What he
has
done is go out of his way to appease everyone. When someone directly asks him a question about the game, you can pretty much expect his response/view to be identical to whoever is asking him the question.
For example:
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 288, cbynumber wrote:@Notmyspamaccount, what's your take on everything so far?
Not sure, still thinking about it. MJL definitely still seems scummy, I get what you mean with this:
cbynumber wrote:
In post 267, skitter30 wrote:
In post 258, cbynumber wrote:
How is it townie?
Aftet playing a lot of games, i've found that scum tend to be more survivalistic jn the face of getting lynched - both alignments can win after death, but one scum getting lynched makes scum wincon that much harder given that it leaves fewer scum alive to do the job. Scum, when about to be lynched, tend to get very survivalistic in trying to talk their eay out of it. Maryjolisa is *not* at all survivalistic rn; she's accepted her lynch and is fine with it.

Occasionally, scum who know that being survivalistic tends to be read as a scumtell will try to show that they're fine with being lynched so that people will townread them since they're doing the opposite of ehat scum normally do. Maryjo has almost wrapped around to this side of things and is so fine with it that it's almost lamist and put-upon and over the top and something thay she's saying to get people off her back. I can't tell rn if her acquiesce for her lynch is natural or lamist; it's townie in a surface-level kinda way but
it feels almost fake if that makes sense
Ok that makes sense.
It does feel fake to me, I think it has to do with just how quickly Maryjo gave up after getting called out. I mean, she didn't even try to pretend like that scumslip wasn't intentional.
That kinda fleshes out what I was starting to think about her reaction, just total apathy towards her own imminent death.
^ I'm asking for views on the game so far, all I get back is a deferral to my view on MaryJo I was pushing at the time. So, he's trying to validate me and my own reasons without having to fabricate any of his own.

So instead, I ask him for views on players I
haven't
provided my own opinions on, in order to get some original thoughts from him rather than my own views parroted back at me (I also do this wondering whether or not he'll give his views on everyone -I mean, he's already giving me views on half the playerlist minus the inactive so as a townie you'd want to take the initiative and put it all out there, right?- or just the 3 I ask for in order to fulfill exactly what I've asked him to do). This is what we get:
In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 324, cbynumber wrote: While you're pushing MaryJo for some reads, how about providing some of yours?
I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
TTTT is a bit scummy, but he says that's his playstyle. After the explanation (finally) of his vote earlier, I'm leaning town, but only slightly. Not sure what it is, but something just doesn't sit right, so he's close to null.
BBmolla appears to be scumhunting, so he's probablly town to me.
Skitter: "hasn't posted much outside of IC help." (there's actually quite a lot that isn't IC stuff from skitter, but because both Elements and MaryJo have been noting skitter's role as ic in their votes, he latches on to that)

TTTT: Is called scummy, town and null. (Not sure what the right thing to say is, Skitter has been angling to set up a tttt lynch day 2 if MaryJo had been lynched today, but as the heat is now off her (MaryJo), he gives a non-specific answer in order to hedge his bets until he finds out what the plan is from his buddy).

BBmolla: Is scumhunting (From a town perspective i.e without knowing anyones alignments but your own; of the three people NSMA is giving reads for BBmolla has objectively done the least scumhunting).

NMSA is -not- invested in finding scum at all, despite being one of the most active users in the game. I think I could find you one instance from his 20-odd posts since page 3 that I could call scumhunting. He
is
invested in hanging around and posting to look active: He's more than happy to entertain us with some DickRichard-posting, just don't ask him to hunt scum.
(I do find it pretty funny that he dipped as soon as I called him out though, which now that I think about is pretty telling if you comparing this to his reaction to being called scummy at the start of the game.)
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Aaaand I just lost my skitter post.
Essentially:
Skitter defending NMSA initially in the newbtown- scum- LAMIST debate at the start is not indicative of her being scum necessarily, the fact that she was willing to pile onto NMSA should he not be able to shake off his initial suspicion is.
Skitter tried to buddy up to me in order to push for a TTTT lynch tomorrow should MaryJo have been lynched today.
Attempting to go after TTTT for his vote on Salami was opportunistic, and something you'd set up if you already knew MaryJo wasn't going to flip scum.
NMSA is taking his cues from skitter, so when she's away for long periods of time he's kinda stuck on what he should be pushing (see previous post).
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 370, cbynumber wrote: Skitter tried to buddy up to me in order to push for a TTTT lynch tomorrow should MaryJo have been lynched today.
^Now that this isn't happening, she's attempting to do the same to Elements in order to push a vote on BBMolla today.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 403, Elements wrote:
In post 402, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Have you cansidered that I might be town, and that nobody coached me on what to say because I don't have a way to do so outside of the main thread?
that's my reasoning for you not being scum. If you were your partners would be one of salami and tall/DR. obviously i have no read on DR but i town read salami so that rules out that option for me. Plus the more scummy people like MJL and bbmolla who i don't think would be partnered with you.
Just so I'm not misunderstanding, you:
1) Think NMSA is town based on the fact you can't pair him up with anyone
2) Don't see a case for him to be scum independently from other players? <- that is to say, looking at him in isolation from everyone else, you come down on the side of town for him?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 379, skitter30 wrote:
In post 370, cbynumber wrote:Aaaand I just lost my skitter post.
Essentially:
Skitter defending NMSA initially in the newbtown- scum- LAMIST debate at the start is not indicative of her being scum necessarily, the fact that she was willing to pile onto NMSA should he not be able to shake off his initial suspicion is.
Skitter tried to buddy up to me in order to push for a TTTT lynch tomorrow should MaryJo have been lynched today.
Attempting to go after TTTT for his vote on Salami was opportunistic, and something you'd set up if you already knew MaryJo wasn't going to flip scum.
NMSA is taking his cues from skitter, so when she's away for long periods of time he's kinda stuck on what he should be pushing (see previous post).
i don't think this is an entirely fair characterization of what i've said

i don't think i was willing to pile onto nmsa and i'm not sure where you're getting that from. i may have said something like *for right now i think xyz* - that was me saying what i thought right then, not leaving room to . it's always possible that i'll change my mind as new things develop in a general sense but i don't remember doubting the townread much at that time

i don't think i was buddying you to push a tttt lynch tomorrow; i also don't know where you think i'm buddying you

i don't think me questioning tttt about his salami vote was oppurtunistic; without the explanation, it was an opportunistic third vote on an awful wagon; the explanation was kinda too involved and convoluted and drawn-out to come from scum i think; i think scum would have just given an explanation after being pushed for it over a few irl days. sticking to his guns there was kinda townie

and i don't think there's much reason why i'd go after tttt tomorrow in particular if maryjo is town
In post 371, cbynumber wrote:
In post 370, cbynumber wrote: Skitter tried to buddy up to me in order to push for a TTTT lynch tomorrow should MaryJo have been lynched today.
^Now that this isn't happening, she's attempting to do the same to Elements in order to push a vote on BBMolla today.
i also don't think this is an accurate represenation of what i'm doing
-> i'm not buddying elements
-> you seem to think i'm latching onto elements' giving a nullish read on bbmolla to promote a lynch there. ie that i saw elements' read ans so decided to push bbmolla.
you have it backwards. i'm scumleaning him, and so i wanted to know what other people think about him and if they see the same thing i do; i specifically asked him because he had bbmolla around null and i wanted to know if his opinion had changed.
Buddying is probably not the right word. It definitely felt like you were posturing in the event that the MaryJo lynch had gone through (a strong possibility that it may have happened if the DR slot had shown up given that MaryJo already had 3 votes and both you and elements had stated your intent to vote for her). This signals to me that you knew MaryJo alignment, and were taking preparatory steps in shifting certain player's (myself included) mindsets for the next day.

If you're approaching your perspective that the Salami wagon was being driven by scumMaryJo, how does TTTT's vote read to you as coming from scum in any way?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Follow up to 2): is that based solely on his play at the beginning of the day, or are there other factors?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:52 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 430, Elements wrote:VOTE: BBmolla
^not town
In post 448, Elements wrote:surely he also wouldn't play so scummily
^not town
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

Post by cbynumber »

MaryJo you're not getting lynched today, don't sweat it.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

Post by cbynumber »

You only have 3 votes, and majority is 5
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:07 am

Post by cbynumber »

True true wrt elements especially given that the info is in the OP. I'm not sure I see them as scum together though.

@elements reads like you're looking for a reason to get off the Skitter wagon without anyone noticing.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 am

Post by cbynumber »

Glad you agree with me that your other post was not town though!
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am

Post by cbynumber »

Ok :]
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 464, Salami wrote:Elements you are making my head spin now
@Salami - what do you make of Elements right now?
Also, updated thoughts on your TTTT vote?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 486, Salami wrote:
In post 484, cbynumber wrote:
In post 464, Salami wrote:Elements you are making my head spin now
@Salami - what do you make of Elements right now?
Also, updated thoughts on your TTTT vote?
TTTT is still my biggest SR and favored lynch but I acknowledge that the rest of town disagrees with me and it will probably not happen.
Elements? Mostly the same as before I disagree with your #459 I don't think he was looking for an excuse to leave the skitter wagon that looked like a genuine attempt at scumhunting to me.
I guess we'll see whether or not he leaves his vote there I suppose. I don't really see how, by voting bbmolla, he would expect to get a different reaction from a player who comes across the way BB does than the one he did?

Do you have any other reasons for favouring a TTTT lynch? I read your iso and you've only flagged his vote on DR and his vote/non-explanation on you as reasons.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Also NMSA vanishing is only solidifying my read on him.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 518, Elements wrote:
In post 501, Elements wrote:I didn't realise quite how apathetic he is.
Given my vote has done literally nothing I'll move it back.
VOTE: skitter
So skitter is scum then, elements?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 507, TTTT wrote:we have three days left I'd like to see a doable wagon
other than MaryJo and skitter
VOTE: NotMySpam
Why are you opposed to skitter's wagon?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 603, u r a person 2 wrote:That wagon on skitter isn't bad. The only person on it I'm wary of is CB

and that's because he has a better case for NMSA than he does for skitter but voted skitter

and skitter is a more experienced player who would definitely be better for town to have around

and hmmm

p.edit <3 NSG
I think they're both scum. I voted skitter over NMSA because I think she would be more of a hassle for town to deal with. I was also more confident on my read on skitter because two strong town reads in elements and maryjo were already voting her.
NMSA not being around to address my case on him makes it kinda pointless to switch my vote to him.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 607, u r a person 2 wrote:so do a bunch of other teams tho.

Salami, BB, NMSA are my preferred lynches in order for today. These don't line up exactly with my reads because the length of time these two wagons have existed without change + my paranoia of nmsa and cb make me want to hold off on skitter right now

VOTE: salami
i can't believe this doesn't have more interest.
Can my town reads please go back and read salami's iso? or my posts on his slot?
I don't get why you think BB is scum
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #42) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 628, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 624, cbynumber wrote:
In post 607, u r a person 2 wrote:so do a bunch of other teams tho.

Salami, BB, NMSA are my preferred lynches in order for today. These don't line up exactly with my reads because the length of time these two wagons have existed without change + my paranoia of nmsa and cb make me want to hold off on skitter right now

VOTE: salami
i can't believe this doesn't have more interest.
Can my town reads please go back and read salami's iso? or my posts on his slot?
I don't get why you think BB is scum
-PoE
-Shows little concern over his scum solve becoming the two top wagons
without being the cause of that change himself
. It's one thing if a strong presence slot pushes the gamestate to where he wants it, but if you know that you're not doing anything to further that agenda, and that agenda is occurring anyway - in this case to not one but both of your scum reads - doesn't that make you paranoid?

And that bit about "Sounds like you already know I'm going to flip town." is not outside of anyone's scum range??

What about this slot am I supposed to see as town?
Bolded: I wouldn't say that is entirely accurate. His observations (concise as they are): & resulted in the pressure being shifted onto MaryJo and accelerated discussion.
Also, I've felt that I've had a similar train of thought as him wrt to the initial Salami wagon and scumMaryJo (obviously we differ on that now). As in: I didn't need an explanation from him as to why the salami wagon was bad + maryjo scummy if that makes sense. So I guess it's a longwinded way of saying general agreement with his observations + gut.
Obviously I'm re-evaluating as the day progresses but I haven't found that I've shifted at all in my view on him as he has continued to post (including his responses to element's wtf vote on him).
In any case, he's not someone I want to lynch at all today.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #43) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 679, u r a person 2 wrote:personally, I don't think skitter is being bussed rn
so im not sure who her partner is besides maybe tttt, who i town read
fwiw, I'm townreading tttt for pretty much the same reason I'm townreading bbmolla. Compare their iso's.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #44) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 am

Post by cbynumber »

Spoilering NMSA's post
Spoiler:
In post 661, NotMySpamAccount wrote:So I finally found some time to play, welcome urap2, finally the slot has posted. Aspersions are still being cast on me due to my inactivity. Again, I apologize. This will hopefully make up for it. Lots of stuff going on in the thread now, my thoughts below as I catch up. Textwall incoming.
In post 505, Salami wrote:
In post 502, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 492, Salami wrote:Outside of TTTT then skitter30 is probably the best lynch, she looked scummy about her implying she would join the BBmolla wagon. I'd also be fine with a Spam lynch because he is generally anti-town. I'm almost willing to lynch the lurker slot but that would be dumb before it gets replaced.
Anti-town how? Inactivity? I've been busy irl, and I'm still learning the game.
cbynumber wrote:Also NMSA vanishing is only solidifying my read on him.
Again, irl stuff. I'm not going to be posting as much as I did earlier until at least the weekend. It's tough to keep track of everything when I can only get on for ~5 minutes in my downtime.
I understand but what do you think of the game so far? Do you still want to lynch MJL or what?
Yeah, I'm still fine with this, as you can tell by the fact that my vote is still there. Posts like 508, 510 have no content whatsoever.
In post 520, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 46, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I'm just trying to learn the game and be friendly. I wanted to post something friendly before I really dug into the meat of the game, and I thought it would be ok to say that since I'm with the good guys. Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing, just trying to be nice and have fun.
My man! Keep this attitude up. Mafia needs more players working to keep games friendly and fun.
Yay thanks, trying to keep up my activity too, but life is getting in the way somewhat.
In post 524, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 521, skitter30 wrote:nope, it dropped off significantly since then
he's claiming being busy irl but he hasn't said anything of substance ... in like days iirc; i've basically lost the townread i had on him early game
Interesting
In post 44, TTTT wrote:"(it's ok to say that, right?)" is my favorite part
I see what you're saying. I kind of believe he's new to mafia. But if he's asking this question that means he had to consider that it wasn't okay to say that. So why did he say it?

Does newb!scum come out the gates with a hard dumbtell like this? Does he assume it will get him universally townread, or does he think the scum reads will be worth getting town reads from the people that do believe it?

It's certainly audacious but not impossible coming from newb scum. I think it's fair to say that most newb scum don't try this gambit.

and then there is the possibility that he's newb scum posting genuinely in the sense that he doesn't know that you're not supposed to claim like that, but newb scum is probably more likely to read the thread before posting, I guess. so probably not that.
This was my first ever post in a mafia game, if you read my next few, you'll see that I didn't even read the thread before it. I found out my mistake afterwards when I read the ic post.
skitter30 wrote:kinda liking urap's posting thus far tbh
Same here, this is what I want to learn to do, post analysis and scumhunting, wish I was good at it.
u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 76, NotMySpamAccount wrote:To respond to these, I don't know usernames as I said before, but I'll check when I get a chance. I haven't played mafia before, but I read a load of wiki stuff since my initial posts, so I know what's going on a little better now.
second time putting off revealing your friends. I'm hesitant to push this because reasons but I'm low key wondering if these friends exist or if they were just fluff for a post. a good tip for town - keep the promises you make

like, I'm not doubting that you have friends btw <3
Crap, forgot again. When they text back, I'll let y'all know.
In post 605, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 603, u r a person 2 wrote:and skitter is a more experienced player who would definitely be better for town to have around
wow i didn't mean for this to come off so harsh. sorry mate, hope this doesn't stop us from becoming friends <3
It's fine, we can still be friends, skitter would definitely be more valuable to us if town.
TTTT wrote:I really just wanna hear more from NotMy
Is this good?

After reading through all of that, Here are my reads:

Elements: I can't tell from my gut, but maybe town?
Salami: After urap's stuff, I'm tending scum here.
cbynumber: Textwalls, scumhunting, probly town.
u r a person 2: Town as crap. Loads of scumhunting, loving it.
MaryJoLisa: Probably scum. Not enough content, just trying to defend herself.
BBmolla: Confusing. I kinda see the arguments coming out, but slowly. Gut leaning scum, but not much
TTTT: Lots of short posts, not a lot being said other than quick responses to questions. He's asking questions though, so null/town I guess.
skitter30: Textwalls galore, not sure if that's ai, but pretty much null. I just can't get any sort of gut read here at this point.

Would not lynch: urap, cby, myself
Would lynch: MJL, Salami, skitter
Not sure: elements, TTTT, BBmolla

VOTE: skitter30 because we're getting kinda close to the deadline and we need a lynch. I'm fine with this one, and most other people seem to be too.

@NMSA
Follow up questions:
Why is MaryJo's lack of content in and scummy when compared to yours in & ?
Could you elaborate on your elements & TTTT reads? As in, could you find some posts from them you think are town and some others that you think arn't and give some reasons? (doesn't have to be a wallpost just your thoughts/interpretations)
Why are your reads on MaryJo and skitter different when they're pretty much doing the same thing at the moment? (trying to convince each other, when they think the other is scum, that they themselves are not scum, rather than trying to convince the rest of us)
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #45) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41 am

Post by cbynumber »

I don't think you're scum.
I guess my question to you is, if you believe skitter to be town, why are you reading tttt as town as opposed to bbmolla?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #46) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 am

Post by cbynumber »

I do find it unlikely that NMSA would vote skitter instead of salami if they were both scum.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #47) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 am

Post by cbynumber »

Then that leaves salami. Why would he choose to push TTTT as scum?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 am

Post by cbynumber »

Elements bussing doesn't make sense. He was the initial vote on skitter after (i think?) the salami wagon died down
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #49) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:01 am

Post by cbynumber »

That, or you+Scumskitter: only reason for a scum player to post as much as you have when replacing in a completely fresh spot in a game with 20 pages already would be to save your buddy.
I'm not feeling that at all
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #50) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:02 am

Post by cbynumber »

Let me go re-read your posts on salami again
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #51) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:21 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 576, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 205, Salami wrote:He has a hard on for me because I know he is scum :lol:
In post 211, Salami wrote:Why thank you Elements, I actually agreed with several of your posts on the last page
ummmmmmmm

ummmmmmmm

oops, meant to say

scummmmmmm
In post 579, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 229, Salami wrote:
In post 226, Elements wrote:
In post 224, cbynumber wrote:Yeah, on second thought, let's hold off on l1 under tall1s' replacement starts posting.
@MJL even more reason not to lynch early. If we lynch someone now we learn nothing about tall1s' slot. We effectively go into day two with the addition of a new player.
Yeah, you're right UNVOTE: Elements
hold up
You were the only vote on elements
So why unvote? He was at no risk of being lynched
This is super lamist
Oh boy, the lynch might actually be salami, huh?
The way the tone of his posts have differed as the day has progressed rings forced as well, looking through his iso.
But scumSalami means that we have townSkitter, and nothing she has done independently has really given me reason to change my mind on her. It's pretty much all engagement with MaryJo and not much else outside of that. Trying to focus on MaryJo in order to conceal her buddy in the event she is lynched?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #52) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 701, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 686, u r a person 2 wrote:If you're town reading bbmolla and TTTT, and you believe skitter is scum, then you might as well be saying that I'm skitter's partner. And if you're not saying that, you should be.

But I'm not scum, so I think you've got an issue somewhere in your reads

And I'm really thinking the problem is town!skitter.
great! so now you're caught up to where I was in this post.

what aren't you feeling?
I'm not feeling you as scum (not saying I don't think you're capable of pulling it off, btw, just that the salami solution seems more plausible). But again, townskitter?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #53) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 am

Post by cbynumber »

Like, am I just supposed to ignore all of her content in favour of a votecount with no confirmed flips?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 am

Post by cbynumber »

VOTE: Salami <--- This is L-1.

In addition to what's been posted above, I'm fine with moving my vote here because Salami's flip will give me a much better handle on whether to read skitter as town or scum. Whereas skitter's flip wouldn't be as helpful in ascertaining salami's alignment (except in the event that it's a skitter + urap scumteam, which I doubt)
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:30 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 708, Elements wrote:I can imagine a urap/skitter scum pair going on. If so then urap has played possibly the best game of mafia I've seen and I graciously accept defeat.
If skitter is scum,
I can see a reason her buddy wouldn't be on the wagon at this point, but given the slow growth it doesn't seem like they are
, leading to the conclusion that skitter is town. But that goes against my reads, although it is a possibility.
Salami's disappearance off the face of the earth is also strange. And given that he has been online since urap joined, I don't understand why he hasn't posted anything.
VOTE: Salami
I do now think this is the way to go
I'm assuming there's a typo here. But if not, explain?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 754, MaryJoLisa wrote:If you sincerely think the vote belongs on me, then you should vote for me.

I mean, yeah, it would be kind of weird if you're actually scum buddies and you both move the wagon on a greenie who's clearly getting under Skitter's skin, but I guess you'll cross that bridge when you get there. If you're scum buddies, that is.

I've agreed to hold off on my vote for now to give Salami a chance to respond, so you've got some time to work with if you need it.
MaryJo you wouldn't happen to be scumbuddies with Salami would you?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (isolation #57) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Oh boy day 2 is finally here, can't wait to get caught up!
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (isolation #58) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by cbynumber »

VOTE: NotmySp---.

Oh.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #59) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Freakin' timezones man!

Ah well, ggwp everyone. The last few pages look wild lmao
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #60) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 863, MaryJoLisa wrote:I asked the mod:

If giving notice before hammering a player had been an actual thing, when I searched for the keywords hammer or hammering on the wiki, I would have easily found information on that. I didn't, but it was in my head somewhere, so I thought I'd ask here, to everyone. Experienced players led me to think that there is indeed a social culture of not quick hammering a vote, but then led me in opposite direction and allowed me to make this huge voting faux paux. It turned out in town's benefit, but from that interaction
I can conclude that my fellow players either overemphasized the importance of this intent to hammer culture, or made it up outright.
ftr MaryJo, a quick perusal of other games could've cleared that up for you.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Big thanks to northsidegal for the top-notch modding throughout the game.

Major props to urap2 for replacing in and breathing life back into the game which steered us towards a town victory.

I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot as I played. (If anyone has feedback for me and the way I played I'd greatly appreciate it <3)

Well played to everyone! Hope to see you all in future games <3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”