Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (isolation #200) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2031, Aloratom wrote:
In post 2021, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2020, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2019, Battle Mage wrote:I will suggest the following claim order:

Tuxedo mask
Dunnstral
Nausi
Blair
Aloratom
Battle Mage
slight change, we're gonna go:

Tuxedo mask
Blair
Dunnstral
Nausi
Aloratom
Battle Mage
That's fine with me.
Better yet, maybe Dunnstral can explain why mass claiming is the right play here.
I mean, I have an explanation
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2054 (isolation #201) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2042, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2041, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I'll do whatever town decides is best. Nauci you should unvote. You might be right but it's an unnecessary risk in Lylo. I don't think I trust BM's push.
This is pretty weak. "I'll do whatever town decides is best", in a game where you'd assume 2/5 other players would be scum, sounds a bit more like "I'll claim first if you absolutely force me to".

You are definitely top of my lynchpile at the moment, but a good claim might spare you.
Can you elaborate on why you switched to having Tuxedo as your top scum read from your reads yesterday?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (isolation #202) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2056, Blair wrote:Don't forget I *explicitly* pushed for us to expedite the wagon *so there would be time to claim.*

So Gibus gets run up to L-1, asks if he should claim, and
Dunnstral quickhammers.
VOTE: Dunnstral

Joiiiiiiiiiiin meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2058 (isolation #203) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Nauci »

I low key hate the way that Battle Mage is outright PR fishing but somehow putting all of the responsibility on Mith, even though the scenario has more factors at play than "we're at MYLO" like the number of existing claims, the newbie setup dynamics, and the freaking scumhammer

I do think that I feel a bit better about Blair for the reasons she already stated in but I'll feel even better if you help me build this wagon chica

I've got the wheels assembled, you wanna bring the horse?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (isolation #204) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Nauci »

How do you feel about Aloratom now?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (isolation #205) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2063, Aloratom wrote:Town controls the game.
?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (isolation #206) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Nauci »

You know there's a 2nd one we have to catch though, right
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (isolation #207) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't see why you're confident this game is in the books unless you have a much better picture of who the 2nd one is than I do
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (isolation #208) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2043, Dunnstral wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

Wait, you're serious?

Sorry - you wasted your time
Why don't you show us a game where you've ever done that as town then
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (isolation #209) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2070, Blair wrote:I feel better about Aloratom but mostly because I feel so strongly about Dunnstral.

Also, A+ to you Nauci if this is a deep bus. :lol:
Then why do you still not want to lynch today
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (isolation #210) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2073, Aloratom wrote:
In post 2068, Nauci wrote:I don't see why you're confident this game is in the books unless you have a much better picture of who the 2nd one is than I do
Regardless, I'm confident that I can mail the last one tomorrow or in lylo if it comes to that.
Okay it's like absolutely wild to me that you can put LYLO and mailing-it-in in the same thought
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (isolation #211) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2074, Blair wrote:
In post 2072, Nauci wrote:
In post 2070, Blair wrote:I feel better about Aloratom but mostly because I feel so strongly about Dunnstral.

Also, A+ to you Nauci if this is a deep bus. :lol:
Then why do you still not want to lynch today
We have no mislynches left. I would like our next lynch to be as well-informed as possible. One more night phase gives any Town PRs we have one more night to gather information. If we're lucky, they either catch scum or clear enough townies to solve in LyLo.

I prefer to win by day play but it would be unwise to forego the opportunity for PRs to solve.
Normally I would be more understanding of this but the sheer number of claims this game should make that contentious
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (isolation #212) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

UNVOTE: Dunnstral

wtf
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (isolation #213) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Nauci »

Hmm I guess this blows my Dunn/Blair scumpair theory way out of the water
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (isolation #214) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2079, Tuxedo Mask wrote:It's bair
In post 2080, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Wait. Don't lynch Dunrstal. I'm certain it's Blair. Unvote Durnstral
In post 2095, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I'm a fucking idiot.
It's Dunnstral. Who's their partner?
What actually happened here
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (isolation #215) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2099, Blair wrote:
In post 2093, Dunnstral wrote:And let's not forget that freddie claimed vt. So no, you'd never be able to claim jailkeeper.
If you honestly believe scum can't play their way out of that... :lol:

You're essentially claiming a guilty on me. Every fiber of my being wants to counterclaim as scum. I grew up on EpicMafia. :roll:
...uh... are you saying that you must be town because if you were scum you would have counter claimed TPR and that even though your predecessor claimed VT you would have somehow managed to claim TPR and get Dunnstral lynched anyway, so therefore you are clearly town?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (isolation #216) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

There's a ton of time before deadline and I am in a fuck ton of pain today because my health sucks so I'm going to bed early and coming back tomorrow

Hopefully Tuxedo both figures out what's going on and can explain to us what he thought was going on by then -_-
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (isolation #217) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

It's 3 something AM, going to bed at a normal time failed miserably, and now I'm going to solve the game just after getting up from a nap let's do this bitch
In post 2107, Tuxedo Mask wrote:If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
wait what the fuck

I feel like Mr Cellophane because no one engages my cases for why Alortom is definitely town unless I point it out to them like 6x
In post 2108, Blair wrote:Notice something really important, by the way:

In Dunnstral's claim, he leaves the door open for me to possibly be the Jailkeeper - even though he is now arguing that there is a 0% chance that anyone would ever believe that (wouldn't that implicitly include him?)

He was hedging his bets just in case I really was.
Maybe because I just woke up but like I don't understand what you're trying to say here? Like, yeah, if he got a result on you and it's possible that you could have been the JK and you'd have to claim that and not get counter claimed and that's like just how the setup works whether he's real claiming or fake claiming and I don't understand how this is what you're pitching as AI?
In post 2111, Blair wrote:
In post 2107, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Scum pair is Dunnstral and Battle Mage, they came into MYLO with an agenda they are pushing hard. Do not lynch Blair. If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
If you believe scum came into MYLO with an agenda for this exact scenario... wouldn't it make sense for Nauci to be a potential partner, too?

It's like the whole thing was scripted. Dunn comes in crying about how we're about to lynch him when only Nauci was suggesting that. Almost like the plan was for her to hard bus him out the gate so he could claim "under pressure." They either win by mislynching me today or Nauci wins by virtue of their hard distancing in the next phase.
This is a ridiculous level of paranoia. I'm the only person who has been trying to get the Lilith/Dunn slot examined closely and/or lynched since the beginning of Day 2 while most people were letting it coast

I have no idea why he claimed so fucking early and I am extremely skeptical of it but like... literally YOU of all people know EXACTLY why I think the quickhammer meant he was basically confscum to me
In post 2113, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2110, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2107, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Scum pair is Dunnstral and Battle Mage, they came into MYLO with an agenda they are pushing hard. Do not lynch Blair. If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
Take a moment to think this through. Look at blair's arguments.
Yeah that's why I need to sleep and think. I feel the only thing my last few posts about you and Blair scum has mad clear is that I'm dumb. I plan to clear those other two things up tomorrow.
So many of your posts since the middle of Day 2 has been "I don't know what's going on at all"

Either post some substance or, actually, that's the only option I'm giving you. Post something of substance and not "I'll figure it out later"
In post 2116, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I also think the NK is to set me up. BBMolla wanted Me and Dunnstral killed. So why did BM come hard targeting just me and ignoring Durnn? Because the play was for mass claim, I claim VT and Drunn fake claims and they power lynch me for the win.
I spoke too early. This is... an interesting theory? Except like... Dunnstral wasn't and isn't trying to lynch YOU, so... where does that leave it?
In post 2115, Blair wrote:Fair, that might be the cleaner play.

I would think they would want to out power roles and hard distance for LyLo. Depends on the players involved, though.
I've not spent enough time doing setup game theory to know why it would be better to wait until LYLO? Why wouldn't scum want to do this now, so that the PR doesn't survive to LYLO?
In post 2119, Blair wrote:The fact that Dunn outright states he was gunning for me to claim before him and BM had already moved me up the list is interesting.
Interesting how? Isn't that NAI? Like, if Dunn isn't lying, that's exactly the order he'd want to catch you in a lie? A maneuver that you yourself are absolutely expert at? And BM would do that as scum but would also do that as town who scumreads you?
In post 2121, Battle Mage wrote:If we're not massclaiming, I don't think it's helpful for me to share any further opinions today, and we can simply proceed to No Lynch. I think I have a good idea who the scumpair is.

Seriously though, wasting the opportunity to put scum on the backfoot and try and get some conf-towns ahead of LyLo (when we will presumably just get contested claims and may be unable to use any of the PR info, or our PR may just be dead) is incredibly lame. I'm disappointed in up to 60% of you. :facepalm:
How does this post even get made after what Dunnstral claimed
In post 2122, Blair wrote:At this point we should probably not No Lynch, however, because we now know we have caught scum between Dunnstral and myself. Our odds of getting it right are higher when there are more living townies.
Won't this be a funny post if Dunn/Blair turned out to be the scum duo
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (isolation #218) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2134, Dunnstral wrote:It's also why Nauci is wasting her time going through dozens of my games looking for a quick hammer

He essentially already claimed. Deadline was approaching. I made the correct play - I didn't want to get into an argument and maybe have to claim my role before I could get a result
While this is a mildly plausible reason for the quickhammer, I've yet to find an instance of you doing this, but multiple instances of you panick hammering when the lynch was between you or your scum teammate and a town player
In post 2140, Blair wrote:Tracking isn't "caught scum." You yourself admitted I could be JK and you would unvote if I was.

Who's reaching now?
I mean, it kinda is when Freddie had claimed VT and you're smart enough to know that soooooooo
In post 2147, Blair wrote:I don't remember there being pressure on me. One, maybe two people angled suspicion toward me?

I wanted him to claim at L-1. You didn't. You tell me who looks worse for that.
2 People voting you with a case isn't pressure in a game with 8 players?
In post 2149, Blair wrote:Note: If there is a Cop or Mason present, you know Dunnstral is lying.
In post 2153, Blair wrote:
In post 2149, Blair wrote:Note: If there is a Cop or Mason present, you know Dunnstral is lying.
Friendly Neighbor also knows he's lying. (Because if you're a Friendly Neighbor then there must also be a Jailkeeper due to N1)

The only setup where Dunnstral isn't confirmed scum is C2. In every other instance, someone knows 100% that he's lying.

So don't let a lynch go through until every single player has responded to Dunnstral's claim with whether the believe it or not.
In post 2155, Blair wrote:You'd still be confirmed scum to me, silly, but there isn't a power role in that setup that can know for sure that you're lying.
In post 2156, Blair wrote:In every other setup there is either a real tracker who is about to counterclaim you or a role that can't exist with tracker.
In post 2159, Blair wrote:
In post 2157, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not going to get counterclaimed.
I'm pretty sure we are not in C2 so enjoy sweating this one out.
In post 2160, Blair wrote:(Well, actually, we could be in C2 and if we are scum knows we are because it's the only Goon/Goon setup where N1 makes any sense)

Smart claim if that's the case. *tips hat*
In post 2161, Blair wrote:Now that I'm realizing that, this is interesting:
In post 2077, Dunnstral wrote:My slot targeted Formerfish night 1 - Received no result (implying a roleblocker or jailkeeper -> there has to be a jailkeeper because someone stopped a kill and it wasn't me)
It never occurred to Dunnstral that there could be a Doctor in the setup, because it never occurred to him that we could be in B3.

Because he's known we weren't in that column since Day 2.
WTH? He said he got No Result on N1 and no setups with doctors have role blockers of any type.
In post 2162, Blair wrote:Well, Day 1 actually. :lol:

He's known we were in C2 since Day 2.
In post 2165, Blair wrote:
In post 2163, Dunnstral wrote:There is a jailkeeper soft in thread that aligns with my current reads.
It's fascinating how you bring this up now, when I've proven you knew more than you should about the setup.

Especially since I asked you just a few posts ago how you were *sure* Gibus wasn't the Jailkeeper and you didn't mention this at all.

There is literally 0 fucking way that I would believe that Blair did not make these realizations about what the setup possibilities are AND WHAT SCUM WOULD ALREADY KNOW until the above set of posts. NONE. Blair, you're one of the best Mafia players I've seen on this site, ever, and you are a master of utilizing TPR powers to catch scum out in lies, and this diatribe of bumbling IIOA "oh I just realized this obvious thing" is completely beyond belief coming from you. Blair literally has a recently completed newbie game from April and this isn't even her main account.

In post 2166, Dunnstral wrote:Nah I only realized it when I took a closer look at your roleblock target; you've been pr hunting it seems; Blair probably roleblocked the JK last night; she has an inkling on who it is already. Reminder that mafia rb takes precedence over town jailkeeper

I looked deeper into the iso of the predecessor of the player she roleblocked:
In post 1266, votato wrote:We aren't lynching Freddie. That was so clearly not scum play.
In post 1270, votato wrote:Freddie's play clearly came from noobtown. The timing of the claim does not come from scum. She was obviously confused after your role fishing.
Also, what have you learned from your gambit? You said you'd have the game solved, but here you are going for blood on an obvtown slot.
Doc/jk should probably breadcrumb their target from last night in case they die.

There could be a jailkeeper who locked up either the target or the mafia executing the kill
It looks to me that
Alartom
is the
Jailkeeper
and he jailkept
Blair
on night 1.

Remember how there was no night kill on night 1? That means that Blair was either the target of the kill, or the one doing the killing; do you guys really think a claimed vt slot that was flailing and under pressure would be targeted for the kill?

Here's more softing:
In post 1847, Aloratom wrote:I'm not so much for a Blair/Freddie hook today.
Notice the use of the word 'hook', aka hooker, aka a roleblocker

Alartom
, you're making a big mistake by not pushing
Blair
here - it should be
pretty clear
that she's scum from your point of view.

As for me outting my thoughts here:
scum already know
, as evidenced by Blair's targetting. You're better off outting today and claiming who you're going to jailkeep the next day. Blair is the roleblocker - lynch her and we've got tracker + jailkeeper - you announce your target, I'll check someone else, maf has to kill me, you've got a clear, then you can do that 1 more time for a 2nd clear, I think it turns into auto win if I can convince you to move to Blair today.
VOTE: Dunnstral VOTE: Dunnstral VOTE: Dunnstral VOTE: Dunnstral

Fun Game for New Players Time: Spot why the above post is a complete scum fakeclaim giveaway! And then lynch it with me.

Guys, I've solved the game!

Blair, Dunnstral, and Gibus were the players who were most suspected at the end of D2. I am now doubling down on the fact that Blair voted Dunnstral briefly when he only had like 2 votes in order to distance, but very vehemently ran up a wagon on Gibus to get the heat off of both of them. Dunnstral was more widely scumread, so when the momentum to lynch gibus was in danger, he decided to throw himself on that grenade because he thought he'd probably eat rope once Gibus flipped town anyway (multiple players declared this). This is a move that I've seen Dunnstral do multiple times. Seeing my outrage and suspicion for the quickhammer + that I was going to meta-dive him and almost certainly shout for his head today, maybe they bet on a wild scum theater gambit where he claims a guilty on Blair so that players like me who has been reading via associatives a lot would rule out the possibility of scum!blair after Dunnstral flips.

At the very beginning of the day I gave that thought a lot of merit even though it didn't make sense to me that Blair was strongly scumreading Dunn but still wanted to No Lynch, but the last 3 friggin pages of Blair's OH I DIDN'T REALIZE extremely basic principles that have been in the newbie setup for a while. Like, literally one of the core foundations of Newbie games is analysis of the possible setups and figuring out which column or row the game has. Scum always know which column we're in, while town do not.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (isolation #219) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Nauci »

Going to Bed Part 3: Plasmic Jamboree

P.S. TPR should NOT claim; scum is caught and no longer needs it
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (isolation #220) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Nauci »

Because makes you more confirmed confirmed-scum
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (isolation #221) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 am

Post by Nauci »

Nah. It's so clear as day that this is an excellent teaching moment for newbies. I hope Gibus is still reading!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (isolation #222) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2166, Dunnstral wrote:Nah I only realized it when I took a closer look at your roleblock target; you've been pr hunting it seems; Blair probably roleblocked the JK last night; she has an inkling on who it is already. Reminder that mafia rb takes precedence over town jailkeeper

I looked deeper into the iso of the predecessor of the player she roleblocked:
In post 1266, votato wrote:We aren't lynching Freddie. That was so clearly not scum play.
In post 1270, votato wrote:Freddie's play clearly came from noobtown. The timing of the claim does not come from scum. She was obviously confused after your role fishing.
Also, what have you learned from your gambit? You said you'd have the game solved, but here you are going for blood on an obvtown slot.
Doc/jk should probably breadcrumb their target from last night in case they die.

There could be a jailkeeper who locked up either the target or the mafia executing the kill
It looks to me that
Alartom
is the
Jailkeeper
and he jailkept
Blair
on night 1.

Remember how there was no night kill on night 1? That means that Blair was either the target of the kill, or the one doing the killing; do you guys really think a claimed vt slot that was flailing and under pressure would be targeted for the kill?

Here's more softing:
In post 1847, Aloratom wrote:I'm not so much for a Blair/Freddie hook today.
Notice the use of the word 'hook', aka hooker, aka a roleblocker

Alartom
, you're making a big mistake by not pushing
Blair
here - it should be
pretty clear
that she's scum from your point of view.

As for me outting my thoughts here:
scum already know
, as evidenced by Blair's targetting. You're better off outting today and claiming who you're going to jailkeep the next day. Blair is the roleblocker - lynch her and we've got tracker + jailkeeper - you announce your target, I'll check someone else, maf has to kill me, you've got a clear, then you can do that 1 more time for a 2nd clear, I think it turns into auto win if I can convince you to move to Blair today.
@Tuxedo: Dunnstral claimed that he received No Result on Night 1. This means that he was either jailed or roleblocked.

He then claims that he saw Blair visit Aloratom, who was not the night kill. This means Blair must either he the jailer or the Mafia Roleblocker.

Except he's speculating that Aloratom is the jailer, and that he jailed Blair on Night 1, so she could not have blocked him, and neither could Aloratom. This scenario is impossible if he saw Blair visit Aloratom last night OR if he received No Result on Night 1, so why would he be speculating about that at all if his claim was real?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (isolation #223) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2182, Blair wrote:@Nauci I notoriously hate this Newbie setup (I say as much every time it comes up) and I very publicly fumbled the setup analysis in that game you referenced. (Although my Day 1 wagon analysis was 100% accurate!)

So yes, you really did just witness me assessing the setup and trying to suss out which sub-setup we're in. I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I was able to identify it based off of one fake claim with no flipped PRs. :lol:

As for your point that Dunn would know (if he weren't lying scum) about the Jailkeeper due to receiving no result, I guess so but scum could have no killed so you don't technically know that in that scenario.

More importantly, I think it's worth mentioning here that A) I was not operating from the mindset of actually believing Dunnstral in the first place and B) Dunnstral didn't even use this super obvious explanation himself when responding to that very question.
Would you like to link me to instances where you say that?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2205 (isolation #224) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2179, Battle Mage wrote:I'm just glad all the newbies are dead and don't have to bear witness to this. I expect I'll be back in full force once the claims start coming in, or tomorrow after we no-lynch. I'm not inclined to risk throwing away the game today for no benefit without full claims - that is not pro-town. The rest of the posting at this stage is pretty much fluff and doesn't help town, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to herd cats. This should be a really easy town-win, and at least some people are making a total meal of it, perhaps to inflate their own scumhunting ego? It doesn't have to be this hard. BM out.
What are you trying to say here?

That you're just... Not going to participate in the rest of today because we're not mass claiming? That you're not even going to try to push people to mass claim at all but that because that is not happening, you won't even bother to post any more, while enigmatically saying some fluff about knowing who scum are?

I mean, is this all hinged on thinking that something Mith said applied to a game with totally different circumstances to this one except for being in MYLO? You're just going to sit in that basket with all of your eggs and not share with the rest of the class what you think you know?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (isolation #225) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2204, Blair wrote:
In post 2202, Nauci wrote:Would you like to link me to instances where you say that?
Where I say what? That I hate this newbie setup?
Yeah
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2208 (isolation #226) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Nauci »

Or instances where you fumbled the setup analysis because I just can't see you doing that as town
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (isolation #227) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2207, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2186, Blair wrote:He's claiming I visited Aloratom (whom he believes is the Jailkeeper) so that no matter who was jailed N2 it can't break his claim (because Roleblocker resolves first).

Dunnstral is relying pretty heavily on the argument that I am scum and know who the Jailkeeper is.

So scum!Blair or scum!Dunnstral has found the Jailkeeper.

Now ask yourself: Why isn't the Jailkeeper dead? Scum!Blair gains nothing from keeping the Jailkeeper alive. Scum!Dunnstral on the other hand, can keep the Jailkeeper alive in order to corroborate his fake claim ("Wow, I am the Jailkeeper and I target Dunnstral N1 - that explains why he got no result!")

If I'm scum then I know that not killing the Jailkeeper leaves me facing two town power roles today. Sure I could roleblock one of them continuously but that's still two named townies in endgame.

Dunnstral is arguing that scum know who the Jailkeeper is. He's probably right (he knows who the Jailkeeper is) but out of the two of us, he's the only one with a conceivable scum motive to leave them alive.
:lol: and you're completely sure we shouldn't be mass-claiming, yeah? to be perfectly honest, it's pretty obvious who is scum, but I'm not going to take any chances today until we have complete transparency of information.

VOTE: No Lynch
So explain to us why mass claiming is still a good idea here and convince us why we should do this after everything that has happened
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (isolation #228) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2215, Blair wrote:
Blair wrote:
In post 2208, Nauci wrote:Or instances where you fumbled the setup analysis because I just can't see you doing that as town
The very Newbie you referenced earlier:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:How embarrassing, it appears I have fatally misunderstood the setup.

Thst still leaves the question "What is the point of this line of questioning?"
Feel free to ignore the part of that game where Quick subbed in, announced I was obv town, then hammered me for being too sassy.
:lol:

What I've learned is that Quick is slightly more anti town as town than as scum
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (isolation #229) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't understand why BM isn't voting caught scum
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (isolation #230) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2213, Blair wrote:
In post 2208, Nauci wrote:Or instances where you fumbled the setup analysis because I just can't see you doing that as town
The very Newbie you referenced earlier:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:How embarrassing, it appears I have fatally misunderstood the setup.

Thst still leaves the question "What is the point of this line of questioning?"
In post 2220, Blair wrote:
In post 2206, Nauci wrote:
In post 2204, Blair wrote:
In post 2202, Nauci wrote:Would you like to link me to instances where you say that?
Where I say what? That I hate this newbie setup?
Yeah
This is pretty recent as well:
In post 17, Blair wrote:
In post 12, Isis wrote:I'm still a hard sell on "since mafiascum is 80% closed setups and 20% open setups, the right answer is to present newbies with an open setup in the top tenth of open setup complexity to get them ready."
This is why I miss 2of4.

Simple roles, easy to understand, nothing ever happens in 2of4 that makes you scratch your head and click back over to the setup description to figure out what's going on.

(I'm ostensibly not a newbie and I consistently find myself referring back to the setup description in utter confusion, as Skitter can attest to when she scumread me in our last game for misunderstanding the setup :lol: )
In post 2245, Blair wrote:
In post 2201, Nauci wrote:Except he's speculating that Aloratom is the jailer, and that he jailed Blair on Night 1, so she could not have blocked him, and neither could Aloratom. This scenario is impossible if he saw Blair visit Aloratom last night OR if he received No Result on Night 1, so why would he be speculating about that at all if his claim was real?
I will point out that he could also be speculating that he was roleblocked and the Jailkeeper jailed the nightkill target, a circumstance you appear to have factored out for some reason.
?

I'm not the one ruling anything out though? He's the one speculating that you are the Roleblocker but you were jailed N1, which would be impossible from his point of view if his claims were true?

I'm confused
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (isolation #231) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2249, Blair wrote:Did he say I was jailed? I missed that. If he did, my apologies.
That's why 2166 = scumstral
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (isolation #232) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Nauci »

@BM if even mass claiming would not push you into voting for scum, what would? And why not? What is the benefit of letting a demonstrated liar make it to LYLO with or without mass claim?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (isolation #233) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2297, Blair wrote:
In post 2294, Battle Mage wrote:Blair, you've been trying to subtly set me up as tomorrow's mislynch for like 4 pages now
Notice here how he knows there will be a "tomorrow" after Dunnstral's lynch.

Turns out he was sure about Dunnstral after all. Who knew?
I don't fucking understand why he wouldn't hammer if he's either sure that Dunnstral is scum or he's sure that Dunnstral is scum
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (isolation #234) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2309, Dunnstral wrote:This is getting real tiresome, I'll make the vote everybody is thinking about making:

Wp Blair! I bet you won't find my partner though, he's hiding behind at least 3 layers of wifom (1 of which should hit pretty close to home :wink: )
In post 2266, Tuxedo Mask wrote:First person to hammer Dunnstral is town cleared. This offer also extends to Dunnstral.
Ay I did it, can I save my town clear for the next time we play together?

:lol:

Dunnstral are you a Not_Mafia alt
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (isolation #235) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2317, Tuxedo Mask wrote:We should probably no lynch, right?
No, we should definitely lynch
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (isolation #236) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2320, Battle Mage wrote:If anybody had any doubt, Dunnstral's parting words SCREAM Blair-scum.
O_O

I had the almost opposite reaction, that he self hammered so you wouldn't have to explain why you were sure he was scum and still needed to NL
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (isolation #237) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2321, Blair wrote:
In post 2317, Tuxedo Mask wrote:We should probably no lynch, right?
The answer is... it depends.

If we lynch today:

3 Townies
1 Scum

Pros:
Scum can't quickhammer and win the game as soon as one Townie votes for another Townie. Two Townies have to vote wrong (together) for Scum to quickhammer and win.

Cons:
Each Townie has three potential suspects, meaning a random vote has only a 33% chance of hitting scum.

If we No Lynch today and lynch tomorrow:

2 Townies
1 Scum

Pros:
Each Townie has only two potential suspects, meaning a random vote has a 50% chance of hitting scum.

Cons:
Scum can quickhammer and win as soon as just one Townie votes for another Townie.

In my opinion, we should mass claim today and then decide.

Why? Because the cons of lynching today only apply if we are voting "randomly." If the mass claim gives us enough information to lynch non-randomly, then we should lynch today, while we have more townies and it is harder for scum to steal the win.

If the mass claim doesn't reveal anything to us and our lynch still feels effectively random, then we should no lynch and put it off until tomorrow, when our odds for a random scum lynch are better.

I've already claimed, so I nominate my top scumread to claim next:
Battle Mage
Lol

This speculation is so moot

There's a jailer, the jailer survived, there was a kill, the jailer target is conftown, lynch among the rest, guaranteed town victory

Or are you still not understanding the setup :lol:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (isolation #238) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2323, Blair wrote:(I'll support everyone claiming as soon as the previous claim has nominated them, but let the record show my preferred claim order is: Battle Mage, Nauci, Tuxedo)
It's like you didn't read the fact that Feathers claimed already and I brought this up multiple times over the course of the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (isolation #239) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2331, Blair wrote:If Dunnstral and I were scum together, we had the opportunity to win the game yesterday if we could coordinate suspicion on to literally any townie.

So why would we initiate a 1v1 between ourselves so early in the phase when neither of us were under any real pressure? (Dunnstral had one person voting for him while most players seemed resigned to a no lynch)

I could see scum cross bussing near the end of the day after exhausting all other options, perhaps - but pretty much right out the gate? During what could have been a game-winning phase?
You know damn well I would never have stopped calling for his head yesterday so don't pretend there wasn't pressure
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (isolation #240) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2347, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2335, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2334, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2325, Battle Mage wrote:If I get to nominate, I want Tux claiming before Nauci.
Thought we were waiting on Nauci to make the call?
Erm no, I get to choose the next claimer.

Nauci is in charge of strategy for the remainder of the day.
Okay, I'm...
Town Jailkeeper

I Jailed FF N1. Softed here.
In post 1273, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1272, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Everyone should click my link and post a comment on it in here. Kthxbai
That's So FFucking Cute!
Jailed Blair N2, which I didn't soft but it's how I knew Dunn was lying.

Then I jailed Battlemage N3 (probably a mistake in retrospect but I was really certain of that team), so he's conf town. Softed here.
In post 2227, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2225, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2224, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Are you claiming that you tracked Blair to Alortrom last night so they must be the roleblocker?
YES
Lets end this battle.

You've been brilliant, mate

I'm so glad they didn't let me lynch you day 1 because I was SO DAMN SURE your predecessor was scum, goddamn
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (isolation #241) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2350, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Yeah, I thought they would, but was paranoid he'd be most likely to carry out the NK (especially if it was someone like Freddie) so I probably wasted N3 by double-checking you. This is my first time playing a PR, and Jailkeeper is a confusing one.
Nah it was the right play

N1 reduced it to a 50/50, N3 confirmed the most lynchbait slot, guaranteeing us victory
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (isolation #242) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2376, Battle Mage wrote:Nauci, what is your role....?
VT
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (isolation #243) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2372, Battle Mage wrote:Not sure why Nauci hasn't claimed yet??
Because I was catching up
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (isolation #244) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Nauci »

But also because this was like the first claimed slot in the game
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (isolation #245) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Nauci »

VOTE: Blair

GG Y'all!

Thanks to all of the replace ins, who really rescued a dumpster fire and turned it into a very interesting game!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (isolation #246) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2383, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2378, Nauci wrote:
In post 2350, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Yeah, I thought they would, but was paranoid he'd be most likely to carry out the NK (especially if it was someone like Freddie) so I probably wasted N3 by double-checking you. This is my first time playing a PR, and Jailkeeper is a confusing one.
Nah it was the right play

N1 reduced it to a 50/50, N3 confirmed the most lynchbait slot, guaranteeing us victory
He targeted me on N3 lol
He targeted you N1 and N3, unless you're not the Formerfish slot and I've been confused the entire time
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (isolation #247) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2385, Blair wrote:Well played, Nauci. VT was the smart claim there.

You'd rather 1v1 me than Tuxedo, because there is already a path for lynching me.

This phase will boil down to whether Battle Mage and Tuxedo believe that Nauci/Dunnstral fumbled the start of their MYLO gambit (see: ) or that Blair/Dunnstral decided to 1v1 from the beginning for no reason (and no, Nauci "never stopped calling for his head" did not constitute pressure when no one else wanted to lynch him that day prior to his claim).

VOTE: Nauci

Battle Mage is cleared and since Nauci didn't counterclaim, Tuxedo is also cleared. Another 1v1 for Blair today. :roll:
I don't understand why you even care to 1v1 since town is already guaranteed victory here

I mean I personally would like to win earlier than later but it doesn't really matter does it
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (isolation #248) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2389, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Just to be absolutely clear we are conformed that it is two mafia goons, me as cleared JK and BM as cleared Townie. So it is irrelevant who we lynch today, either town wins Day 4 or Day 5?
Ya
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (isolation #249) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

Me, this game
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (isolation #250) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

I tried so hard

and got so far

but in the end

I should have trusted Dunnstral

I am the worst PR hunter that ever lived and lynched I'm never going to live down my shame and also I've completely destroyed my town game and might as well retire from MS forever
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (isolation #251) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

Well played, Tux

For some reason I was convinced that CopyKat had claimed VT in some way shape or form back on day 1 and just totally missed your last crumb
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (isolation #252) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm not done rewriting Linkin' Park lyrics yet ya jerk
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (isolation #253) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Nauci »

okay but actually yes I am

VOTE: Nauci

Thanks for modding Elmo
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (isolation #254) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't like the way the newbie setup has changed :o

Masons in 3C is icky
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (isolation #255) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm probably weird for thinking that newbie games should just be a super simple open setup where PRs are determined by chance and not in a way that involves a logic table

It feels like newbies aren't learning the skills which will be super relevant in other games on site because so much of newbie games devolve into logic table setup speculation
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2440 (isolation #256) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2435, feathers wrote:Ah, I was under the impression that I needed to complete five Newbie games before I participated in any other setup? Perhaps I misremember. I’ll give opens/normals a gander. Also, as a side note - what is the moderation policy on MafiaScum? I’m not placing blame on you, it’s just that in most other communities I’ve been involved in FormerFish and Osuka would’ve merited warnings or bans early. Considering that FF wasn’t even going to be force replaced if not for the number of players replacing out due to him - is this kind of behavior accepted as “normal game talk” around these parts?
I once said "fuck you" to a player after they post what, to me, was a long string of condescending and patronizing and frankly sexist remarks, and got a warning immediate and have felt guilty about it for what, 2 years now?

I took a very long hiatus but I don't consider this game to be typical. People get angry and heated sometimes, but I thought FF crossed the line pretty much from the get go.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2441 (isolation #257) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm still feeling like a total dunce

I feel like I used every ounce of effort I could possibly produce to post and scumhunt as well as possible (this was as close as I could possibly get to posting as if I'm town, to Lilith and Dunnstral's detriment), and I thought I had figured out who the jailer was at the beginning. I felt like I was being pretty widely townread after a strong start from feathers but literally threw away dozens of hours of anxiety filled effort posting by not figuring out who the jailer is QQ

Well played Tuxedo, well played
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (isolation #258) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't even know how to play in figure games any more because almost everything I ever do as town that normally isn't at all conceivably scummy I mostly managed to replicate in this game so no one will ever believe me about anything I ever say again lmao
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2458 (isolation #259) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2449, Blair wrote:Aww, it's over?

I wasn't saying it in jest, Nauci - I really wanted to see you try to twist this today. (Your only real recourse would be to claim you were Cop, misunderstood the setup, and didn't want to out yourself in the mass claim because you believed we had already caught scum - a VERRRRRY tough sell but you never know if you don't try!) :lol:

You really needed to counterclaim Jailkeeper instead of VT, though.
Feathers claimed VT for this slot in the first 10 pages and I didn't think it was worth trying to then work my way out of that contradiction lol
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (isolation #260) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2456, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Nauci I'm not an experienced alt, that picture was just something I found googling "Sexy Tuxedo Mask" for the joke with Votato. Enjoyed reading that thread, scum played really well the entire game.
Could have fooled me!

But mostly I enjoy making conspiracy jokes
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (isolation #261) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2451, feathers wrote:I guess my question is - why bus Dunn? It was only Nauci and Blair applying pressure on him, plus Dunn had a whole fake claim prepared that wasn’t falling apart yet.
I can't answer this question at the moment but I will once I can
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (isolation #262) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2463, feathers wrote:
Squints
hmm...
Would be nice if that progression ever got to F.
What
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (isolation #263) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2462, Clair wrote:
In post 2172, Nauci wrote:
Blair, you're one of the best Mafia players I've seen on this site, ever,