Newbie 2076 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Hello everyone. I’ve been looking and have some thoughts about the Tracker stuff in particular.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Nobody has claimed tracker but I still think the risks involved should be noted. We do know scum knows what column (A, B, or C) but not the PRs exactly. Of course, looking at the chart there’s three combinations of scum and PRs of Tracker claims. Town Tracker and Town Jailkeeper vs Mafia RBer, Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor vs Mafia Rolecop, and Town Tracker with Town Doctor vs Town Rolecop.
So if we’re in Column A, it’s basically confirmed there is a Jailkeeper they need to kill among 6 other people. If it’s column B, they only need to look into a group of 6 people with both a kill and seeing someone’s role.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In short terms, basically giving information to scum that shouldn’t be given for this trade off imo.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:24 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 212, Clasko wrote:@StrangeMatter

Welcome.
In post 151, HockeyFan wrote:Ok fine I'll just claim so we can get T3/Roden to play the game!! I am tracker, im gonna go for the night so i will probs re read game tmr afternoon or smh after work
If you aren't countering his claim, then Hockey is conftown.
(sorry for the SL, Hockey)
I…don’t actually think he actually is claiming Tracker, and just joking about this. Are you also just joking about them being confirmed Town?

Speaking of which, I saw in your posts you said you were following Lickity’s vote, and to me that’s just…not something I see from Town players. Most Town has votes on the same person if information that points towards scum, not outright saying they’ll just follow votes.

So can you give me a good reason why you’re voting the same person as Lickity?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:37 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

T3 is the type of person who knows that he does wild plays as town and scum, so it’s NAI, especially since I played with subs into a Mason and Scum slot with me, but honestly take that with a grain of salt.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:43 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I was talking the tracker meta that I don’t think is really reasonable to play out.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 94, HockeyFan wrote:
bruh

Why do u TR people that hold info, still dont get it
Well, hiding information like that can be useful to not give information that may benefit scum, but sometimes it’s absolutely necessary to explain otherwise you leave everyone that’s Town with less information. Now about Roden not giving information to scum, was just not needed since Roden was obviously already doing that. Idk that to me can seem like they’re trying to get towncred as scum. I can’t really think of that being something Town says unless for some reason they care about correcting or self conscious about how town thinks about them.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Sorry, I meant *really felt the need to explain what they’re trying to do.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Unvoting this, not really staying here just yet.

UNVOTE:
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:35 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 270, Clasko wrote:I would kind of like to know where Turt, SM and Margot stand on the 'slip' as of rn and would also wonder if T3 and LQ are just gonna deathtunnel me at this point, and if so is it solely because of the 'slip'? Like, is this gonna be an issue being taken into D2?
I stand near where Roden kind of stands at this point, but not 100% certain it’s actually a slip just yet. In particular because I was in the game where the tbh tell was correct and nobody thought much about it, so I can absolutely understand why you would focus on something you’d consider a slip.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:42 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I agree we cannot let slips just pass by again like with the tbh tell in Summertime, but I think it kind of diverted attention away from sheep move they already made.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:00 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Actually, I noted something from one of Roden’s scum games, specifically involving past experiences with their scum game with me and Roden’s scum game with them, something really sticks out. So one thing I noticed is that Roden and T3 were townreading each other early, which he in my scum game actually said he would TR my slot when we were both scum. To me there’s also the fact that from what I parsed as pushing pressure off their teammate as well.

This is just meta, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think it should be pointed out.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:16 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Forgot to mention but this is from Gelato 2, Newbie 2066 and Sanwich Debate in 2071 as reference.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:51 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

It’s not really a pattern from just one person if you ask me. It’s a pattern between two users from my experience and reading into a scum game where both T3 and Roden were scum.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 292, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 285, StrangeMatter wrote:It’s not really a pattern from just one person if you ask me. It’s a pattern between two users from my experience and reading into a scum game where both T3 and Roden were scum.
Why do you think they would play it the exact same way again?
Just because you lose as scum doesn’t mean you can’t do that kind of stuff again at all, and thinking like that could end up with scum completely getting away with doing said risky play because it IS the play Town wouldn’t expect.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So I have a question for Egix, why did you make a throwaway vote?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 271, Roden wrote:
In post 252, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 94, HockeyFan wrote:
bruh

Why do u TR people that hold info, still dont get it
Well, hiding information like that can be useful to not give information that may benefit scum, but sometimes it’s absolutely necessary to explain otherwise you leave everyone that’s Town with less information. Now about Roden not giving information to scum, was just not needed since Roden was obviously already doing that. Idk that to me can seem like they’re trying to get towncred as scum. I can’t really think of that being something Town says unless for some reason they care about correcting or self conscious about how town thinks about them.
I'm not sure how you reached this interpretation. I can understand why town might be suspicious of me from holding information, but trying to continue to push when I'm making it clear doing so is anti-town is just not a good look. Continuously drawing attention to it is not a good look. Trying to shade me into spilling the beans is especially not a good look.

Hockey claimed Tracker and isn't getting counterclaimed, so I can only assume they're conftown and because of that I won't scum read them. But anyone else who tries to push this when I keep warning against it is gonna get priority of my vote going forward. Trying to get info out of me or T3 about his plan is just a scum move now.
I read this and got confused, who are you even talking about with the first part of this post? It seems like you are talking about Hockey but also sounds like you mention me and this is just confusing for me to read. I've already stated from what I interpret from post #79 you already say you weren't giving away the information, then in #83 and #91 you talk about hiding information involving T3. My problem is that it gives off that feeling that you're doing it to look town when scum is often self conscious about the people around them.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:48 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 333, Clasko wrote:Also wanna ask SM who their two strongest elimination candidates are rn for D1, and why?
I say two, because one is most likely me which you've hinted the potential reasons for in #279 and iterating that doesn't say much.
I say Roden or you right now is my top two candidates for scum has to be you and the former is honestly better to flip than your slot. Roden elim. To me, getting some information involving the meta (of T3 and Roden) is probably more useful than eliminating you because of what some people here consider a slip.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:51 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

VOTE: Roden
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Even if this flips green it means we still have some sort of information, so either way I think this vote is fine.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 342, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 339, StrangeMatter wrote:Even if this flips green it means we still have some sort of information, so either way I think this vote is fine.
That's really really bad. Don't lynch for info unless you are doing some sort of calculations for it (which I will be calculating things during NP).
I already did think over this, and I believe that this is just a better person to eliminate just from how they have been doing as having scum-like intent to me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:07 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Right now its 10% reason for pushing for a reveal for the actual meta, 20% because both T3 and Roden TR and I want to flip one of them to analyze the other, and 70% because Roden has to me felt like he is defensive and cares about how town perceives him.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 359, alstroemerial wrote: Yes... That is also something that was on my mind while I was pondering LQ considering the game's pace. Still, some of LQ's progression is suspicious, like the stuff you pointed out about Clasko. I am wondering how possible it is that the reason the wagon happened so quickly wasn't opportunistic scum bandwagoning but rather that we found it and then just got nervous at the speed and backed off collectively. But I really appreciate LQ's argument against, you know, eliminating slots that are likely green. And on that note I will VOTE: Strange (that's e-2)
In post 341, T3 wrote:VOTE: alstromerial
Sup I know it's PoE but is there anything can I do here to save myself from the day pool lol
In post 349, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Strange

For being uh... strange.
This feels pretty close to a naked vote considering you just mentioned the term, and that you hopped off Clasko right after asking T3 "what about Clasko?" Can you say more about this vote?
Ok so you're voting me and then saying that's a naked vote?

Yes I am still working on the case but I've been a bit busy.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ah who am I kidding, I've been putting up a charade and pushing Roden with a not so great argument to get a discussion going, and see who would be adamantly against a possible wagon on Roden. In particular I was looking for T3's reaction since he well, TR Roden so I wanted to see how he'd have reacted to it. And that part is frustrating to me because he completely ignored it and did his own thing instead, which didn't help at all. Not to mention that there are three votes on me, and it doesn't seem like anyone questions that.

And if you wanted my reasoning for voting Roden, I've already outlined it but in #79 Roden talks about not sharing information, then continuously talks about hiding info in #83, and #91. The main idea was that it was just repetition that would've been said it is odd to just keep repeating this as Town.

I wouldn't blame anyone if they vote me because of this, but I wanted to make this clear, I feel like Town isn't making anything and is just reacting, and that bothers me because the game probably won't progress if this just keeps up.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

UNVOTE:
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Actually I worded the middle part really badly. Town doesn't say that, or even needs to keep repeating that when it's already obvious when Roden. hid information about that.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 409, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm not wild about E96 but I think they look better than alstro.

If it comes to it, I'll join on alstro, but I'd prefer Roden, But it doesn't look like anyone else wants Roden dead? T3 TRs them, does anyone besides me SR Roden?
Not going to lie, this is a vote just because, and especially when you scumread Roden is just odd.

Speaking of Roden, do you have any opinions on alstromerical and egix?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Oh, I read this post completely wrong. My bad.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, T3 feels like a wildcard to me, like he can flip either way right now, and any attempt to have a read on him just hadn't work out. He also hadn't been really scumhunting but just looks for town. Not saying that's a bad thing since POE absolutely can be useful, but at the end of this POE he just doesn't do any hunting to try to find scum in that group.

And Roden, can you please tell me what you see about those two that say they are town?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Or, at he's not saying anything about what he sees and who he scumreads in that group of people.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 417, Roden wrote:
In post 415, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, T3 feels like a wildcard to me, like he can flip either way right now, and any attempt to have a read on him just hadn't work out. He also hadn't been really scumhunting but just looks for town. Not saying that's a bad thing since POE absolutely can be useful, but at the end of this POE he just doesn't do any hunting to try to find scum in that group.

And Roden, can you please tell me what you see about those two that say they are town?
It's because they're putting in the effort to poke and pressure people. There hasn't been any narrative twisting or notable shade attempts. This is important because the game state is basically going nowhere and scum 100% would be fine with that, attempting to stir the pot would just go against scum's agenda. The only thing that feels off is that they're voting for each other even though they're both giving off town vibes.

Though speaking of which, EoD is coming closer and we need to come together on an elim choice. I currently want either you or LQ gone, but if you've got a case on Alstro or Egix I'd be open to hearing it. Margot is also a person of interest since she keeps attracting a lot of suspicion from people. Everyone else (T3, Clasko, Hockey) are town reads for me and are off the table.
Well for one thing I can be 100% sure of with your POE down to two is that I know I’m town, and don’t know what role LQ is. So if LQ flips red from this, it means to me your town pool has scum in it for sure or you are actually scum which I actually don’t exactly believe you are.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:16 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Can you explain some of the logic behind this?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:18 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Post #427 I mean. I’m not quite understanding how you got here.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Welcome, hopefully you can bring something more to this game so far.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 448, Ythan wrote:
In post 208, StrangeMatter wrote:Nobody has claimed tracker
How did this get posted. Did you just say this without checking? Did you miss it?
At that point I thought based off what Hockey had said that it looked very much like a joke. Turns out he was actually claiming Tracker.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:34 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 466, Egix96 wrote: Considering that I don't particularly think that Alstro is more or less likely to flip scum than Margot is, I think it's better to yeet within the triangle than outside it.
Keeping this in mind for later.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:01 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Since you’re here, can you give me a list of Town reads Ythan?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ythan do you have town reads? If so, what are they?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:56 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

What the heck is this cross? This just feels like LQ, trying as a last ditch effort to vote the other common scumread person trying to save themselves. This seems like PR or we caught scum at this point.

Why do you insist on being defensive and not wanting to be voted LQ?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:02 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I’m not saying you aren’t allowed to talk to Ythan at all. It just seems like you REALLY don’t want to be voted or have pressure.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

EOD is coming up, and honestly LQ using Meta as their defense for being defensive isn’t a very good defense. I used meta to defend myself in another game but couldn’t show that I wouldn’t do that as scum is why it didn’t work. If you can give me multiple accounts of your defensiveness actually being NAI then sure I might believe the Pmeta.

For now I think this elimination should happen.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety

E-2 if I counted right (I might not have, please do correct me)
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

If EOD wasn’t coming up very soon, it would’ve been separate things to say. Guess where we are. I’m in a hurry and don’t want no elimination to happen. Plus it barely affects what I’ve said about thinking your reaction to Ythan’s posts seem to me like scum being defensive and not wanting to be eliminated, or PR. Your post just seems to take what I’ve said and take out parts of what I’ve already said.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I screwed up with the last sentence. *You’re taking out what I’ve already said and ignored it here.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 589, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 587, StrangeMatter wrote:If EOD wasn’t coming up very soon, it would’ve been separate things to say. Guess where we are. I’m in a hurry and don’t want no elimination to happen. Plus it barely affects what I’ve said about thinking your reaction to Ythan’s posts seem to me like scum being defensive and not wanting to be eliminated, or PR. Your post just seems to take what I’ve said and take out parts of what I’ve already said.
Because it's old ground. That's why I'm not responding to the same lame case that has been made against me all game which is that I've been defensive. And then when I am not defensive I am somehow Scummy for not being defensive, at least to Marget. I can't win! This has been a very frustrating last few hours. Bad reasons, then bringing up past bad reasons, and a tunnel on me that is really poorly thought through then saying the reason for the vote on me was hardly impacting their read on me.

Yeah, if it looks like I'm frustrated, I am.
So first of all, not being defensive is not a justifiable reason to scumread, so if you could point out where Marget said that would be something to look into. However, you’ve basically been moving this conversation in circles at this point, repeating the same sentiment in a different way that doesn’t help at all.

I don’t agree with Ythan talking about ATE, but he is right. You could make a compelling scumcase to get everyone off you.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Sorry if this game got frustrating by the way.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

LOL T3 YOU IDIOT
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Why did you hammer????
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

This game went from 0 to 100 in so many ways.

Just saying Roden, either way Lickety flips to me means your town reads has scum in it to me. If you need me to flip then so be it, but I’m telling you this now.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So, Ythan can you give results?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Eh, that is probably for the better to keep it silent. A bit of a dilemma involving Roden here to be honest. I know for a good fact now that Roden's TR has scum in it or he is scum. The only way to prove that information is if I get eliminated today or he just believes me which the latter doesn't seem likely to me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 629, Roden wrote:
In post 625, StrangeMatter wrote:Eh, that is probably for the better to keep it silent. A bit of a dilemma involving Roden here to be honest. I know for a good fact now that Roden's TR has scum in it or he is scum. The only way to prove that information is if I get eliminated today or he just believes me which the latter doesn't seem likely to me.
I actually don't think it's you anymore due to the NK. Though I'm not sure how you know for a fact my town reads have scum in it? I only have three town reads and one of them is a confirmed townie.
Then I miscounted or read things incorrectly with this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That is E-1 if I counted this right.

I’m not opposed to an elimination, but with several days left we should use that
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Nope, I just forgot that it’s a 1v7 not 1v6.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That means it’s E-2 from eliminating Alstro.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:57 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Don’t see how advocating for eliminating yourself is really a town thing to do unless you know it has some sort of benefit for Town to do so.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:04 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 644, T3 wrote:Because he used ongoing game meta which usually comes from town.
This seems weird. Why is ongoing site meta considered something that comes from Town T3?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Wait, didn't you just imply you inspected them and then said you got not result because they weren't here? I'm not quite sure I'm understanding this right now.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I don’t think Margot is likely to be scum in this case unless they had some sort of play where LQ pushes their partner for all of Day 1. I also noted that LQ just kind of dropped off with their initial scum read on Margot, going from often commenting about their posts then to nothing, then coming right back to voting Margot again.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Knowing LQ flipped red, it reads like he wanted to get everyone off them and coming back to his scumread on Margot as he had for most of Day 1 so it doesn’t look initially like an opportunistic vote. It probably is an opportunity vote, considering that he could easily make a wagon on Margot, with one person already on them and then Egix joining them on the wagon.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:31 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, hello GrandpaMo.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I don’t play scum very well or even be interested in playing a scum game. A game of don’t get caught by everyone else is kind of boring, except hunting for PRs, that’s really the only fun part. Fun to me is not knowing in this game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Going back to the game, @Alstromerical considering it looks like you thought that Clasko has done things that seemed town, but in #667 you go into this like they could be scum. Has your read really changed? If not, who would you pick as your top slot to eliminate?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #62) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Sorry, *if so,
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #63) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I had it right the first time, ignore #695, that was a mistake.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #64) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:51 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Just thinking from another game that this could be just as likely Alstro is scum jumping on something scummy. It’s a bit concerning though since it did happen last game where Ythan (scum) specifically said I was PR hunting when I was Town.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 698, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 693, StrangeMatter wrote:I don’t play scum very well or even be interested in playing a scum game. A game of don’t get caught by everyone else is kind of boring, except hunting for PRs, that’s really the only fun part. Fun to me is not knowing in this game.
u replace all the time as scum...?
No, I still play it’s just not as fun outside of a few things.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #66) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 703, Roden wrote:I'm not sure why you guys keep persisting to get T3 and me to explain what T3 is doing when I've stated multiple times now that it would out the Doc.
Ok this makes me think Roden is town and you can’t change my mind about this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Process of Elimination makes

Clasko/GrandpaMo
T3
Egix
Alstromerical
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:15 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I think my problem right now is that LQ has interactions involving several people in some way during this game, and I feel like going off interactions isn’t going to really be helpful, and is probably what scum wants if you ask me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #69) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:53 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 728, alstroemerial wrote:Okay so seeing these last pages play out, there are two possibilities. One, T3 is scum but no one besides Egix is with me, and it seems quite unlikely that that will change before the deadline, so we'll have to wait until PoE or tracker catches him to resolve that. Two, T3 is town and I'm barking up the wrong tree, which would usually have a limited downside because it's still an interaction I can get info from, but in this case, it appears the more I push the more I get run-up, because I don't want to spell out what I think is happening behind the scenes and why I think it's less good than everyone else seems to think. Still, based on what I've read in the thread, I suspect I've likely inadvertently damaged the crap out of T3's plan if he is town. Let me try putting it this way, getting a little more direct without spelling everything out. To those tracking along with T3's gambit, if your understanding of it relies on key assumption(s) and WIFOM-ing the mafia a bit, what if the assumption(s) isn't correct? That's the trail I'm on.
Ok I have a problem with this. My problem with this is that nobody on Town can guarantee they know if their assumptions are wrong. In fact, it’s really hard to know what assumptions are wrong until it can be proved that the assumption is wrong, and often this probably won’t happen until after the game ends.

And if the assumption is wrong and someone can provide why it’s wrong, then I’ll just go from what I know is right and try again in a different way. Your post reads kind of paranoid the assumptions made are wrong, but also seems to me as if you don’t want this plan even happening in the first place.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #70) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:38 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 732, GrandpaMo wrote:ok i claim doc, lets vote already.
Why would you claim doctor?? Does anyone have a CC?

Also this wagon on T3 just feels like most of it is just policy which I don't think is really a good thing.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #71) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, I'm not getting this since if Ythan targets T3 tonight and GrandpaMo targets Ythan (if there isn't a CC) if he's scum he can't NK (if I'm right about how doctor works).
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #72) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm not really sure what to think about Alstro where his posts to me seem like there's a good deal of WIFORM such as the things with T3 and about the GrandpaMo claim. It can seem like you're threatened by both of these things and not look really scummy since town does this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #73) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:37 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

With EoD coming up I think Alstro should go and we have one confirmed out of T3 and Egix if Mafia NKs. Otherwise we

VOTE: Alstromerical
E-1 (4/5 Votes)

Actually, Roden how confident were you that you knew who was doctor?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So now there's two doctor claims. That's helpful.
UNVOTE:
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #75) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:36 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So let's not vote out Grandpa and Astromerical, and if one of them dies its probably the other.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:37 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

*dies and reveals Doctor.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #77) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well that could be true, but I'm not voting between you two either way.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #78) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I legit thought that Roden was Doctor and didn't say anything because I was afraid I would end up outting the doctor, but I was wrong on that end.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #79) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:24 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also I just don't recommend crumbing as Doctor IMO. You never know if scum will figure out the crumb and essentially get rid of a PR.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #80) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:31 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

You can, but Doctor is specifically very important to never crumb. 1. You give away both PRs to only scum (if they didn't already know). 2. Your job is to protect the other roles, and if you know who they targeted, you also basically confirm that player.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #81) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I mean you would know who scum targetted if nobody dies.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #82) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

From the day 1 hammer on LQ, Egix and Clasko's slot were on Margot. I think that it may be that one of them may have been trying to save the Mafia Rolecop. If scum were defending their partner with this by joining the Margot wagon then there's one scum in between Egix and Clasko.

So vote off Egix, but I'm not sure about Ythan's check on Clasko (GrandpaMo's slot) and vote on them. I mean doesn't it mean that since Clasko wasn't here there wasn't an action from them and confirms them?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #83) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

It is, but I'm sure pretty certain that scum killed last night since if they no killed they just give town more chances since there's two PRs, one mafia, and 5 VTs. Killing would be in my opinion probably one of the worst decisions to make as scum since now there's 3 chances to catch scum since it is a 1v7, then a 1v5, then a 1v3, and then we lose.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #84) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:06 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That said, the deadline is coming up, and we should vote someone. I think we should just eliminate Egix and confirm someone. I'm just going off experience but no killing tonight means it's just a 1v6 and no confirms.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #85) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:00 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

VOTE: Egix

Just here so we don't end up without an elimination. But also I think that he may have been defending his partner with his vote and the things that he said. However I'm not entirely sure and it may have been that LQ was taking advantage of the Margot wagon since LQ was the last person on their wagon and Egix was the second.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #86) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Is it bad that I really want Tracker to say their result, hopefully catch mafia or at least confirm someone.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #87) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Tracker is going to die tonight, so if we don't catch Mafia today we can go into tomorrow with at least a confirm.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #88) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Did you just use your inspect on the same person twice?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #89) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Just saying that is pretty safe to assume scum DID kill Night 1 and Doctor saved you.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #90) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So POE means that its T3 that is LQ's partner since GrandpaMo (which I'm still very angry about) is confirmed Town.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #91) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ehh I still wouldn't have chosen to confirm someone you got no information of the two T3 and GrandpaMo.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #92) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Especially with how few reads there are on T3.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #93) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I find Margot's pivot to be a little off since they're voting me, gives a case, and then doesn't do anything else. So @MargotRosa is that just because you're certain I'm scum? And what will happen if I don't flip red?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #94) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also I'm noticing a certain parallel from another game, and I hope Ythan also sees this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #95) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:33 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well you are completely wrong, much like most people who try to put me as partners throughout my entire experience playing this game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #96) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:00 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Please, just stop adding more confusion into this game GrandpaMo that does nothing, you’re confirmed to pretty much everyone.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (isolation #97) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm not going to lie I don't like the thought of having T3 in ELO so that's kind of why I don't want to be eliminated.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (isolation #98) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Or maybe I counted this wrong again, like I usually do.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #99) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 861, GrandpaMo wrote:There are 6 people alive.

I think T3 is probably town here.

1:6 > we miscondemn strange > 1:5 > i die > 1:4 > we miscondemn rosa > 1:3 > nightkill > 1:2 >> kill between roden / t3.
It's a 1v5 by the way with 2 confirmed. Then its 1v3 with 1 confirmed which is I believe Elo.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:36 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 864, GrandpaMo wrote:also do u mind being voted off today @sm?
I absolutely have a problem with being voted off today since the game would go into elo, and to me it’s be a waste of the one of two shots at eliminating scum we have.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:32 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 867, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 866, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 864, GrandpaMo wrote:also do u mind being voted off today @sm?
I absolutely have a problem with being voted off today since the game would go into elo, and to me it’s be a waste of the one of two shots at eliminating scum we have.
but it shouldnt matter no?
becuase if u get limmed and we are wrong then we get another chance tmr.

us catching scum today is way less likely than tmr
Shouldn't matter, shouldn't mean that we cannot try to actually catch scum and minimize any and all miseliminations. If you're not pressed to do that then I don't know what to tell you since you are confirmed town.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:58 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 869, MargotRosa wrote:Well who do you think could be scum Strange?
Well first I am starting over with my town reads. With how much Roden doesn’t want T3 or myself to be eliminated, it doesn’t seem like something scum does since they would have to make a case for either of us if you flip town fmpov.

So then I think it’s down to T3 or you as scum at this point, but I think T3 is more likely to flip red. He just steeped a vote and could potentially just be playing off town accusing into each other, especially with a Roden and yourself TRing him.

VOTE: T3
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (isolation #103) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Sheeped*
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #104) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:54 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Maybe instead of saying that you could contribute something of use then.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #105) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So wait, why do you want to eliminate me or Margot?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #106) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 885, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 879, T3 wrote:VOTE: margot
Honestly I just want to lim margot or strange.
i think margot could be town for just coming to the consesus to vote out strange rather than u.

i feel scum could have just chose an easy target and chose you.
I don't get this at all. First of all, they were the first person to vote me, then T3 votes me (and unvoted), then you. That's not what I consider a consensus vote at all if you ask me. Also the only other person who did vote me was T3 who said afterwards that they were voting me for POE.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #107) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:22 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 889, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 887, Roden wrote:Grandpa why do you think Margot is town? Do you think he tries to NK the Tracker N1 if he believes I softed Doctor?
In post 886, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 885, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 879, T3 wrote:VOTE: margot
Honestly I just want to lim margot or strange.
i think margot could be town for just coming to the consesus to vote out strange rather than u.

i feel scum could have just chose an easy target and chose you.
I don't get this at all. First of all, they were the first person to vote me, then T3 votes me (and unvoted), then you. That's not what I consider a consensus vote at all if you ask me. Also the only other person who did vote me was T3 who said afterwards that they were voting me for POE.
lol look at desperate scum tryna stay in the game
Okay now you're trying to get me angry, since you decided to ATE instead of making counterpoints this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (isolation #108) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

E-1, remember to say that.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (isolation #109) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:36 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I don’t think this has any meaning since both PRs are out, but I am a VT. You can vote me Ythan, but you will get NKed with eliminating me today.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #110) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That is what I know for sure. And if you think I’m just scum bluffing then in the end it doesn’t matter since if I hammer myself or you do we will never get anything from this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #111) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 890, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 887, Roden wrote:Grandpa why do you think Margot is town? Do you think he tries to NK the Tracker N1 if he believes I softed Doctor?
honestly it doesnt matter. i dont want strange in a f3 regardless -- i feel like we always vote t3 over strange tomorrow if margot is town today
I’d like for you to explain why you don’t want me in the final 3? Also, what was your night 1 track if you’re tracker
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #112) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Air quotes on tracker there
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #113) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:11 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So I'm just going to be saying this again since it's somewhat relevant but in my personal experience trying to actually catch scum with partner often ends up leading into Town making many, many mistakes over the course of a single game. My first game had this exact problem, where Town read into interactions where Lukewarm (scum) interacted with multiple people. I just feel like that partners is undeniably the most inconsistent way to catch scum and scum plays around this by dragging down town when they die as well.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #114) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 919, MargotRosa wrote:Went through ISOs of Roden and T3, and I'll save you the whole shebang, but I just don't think it's them. I know I'm Town. In my mind, it can only be Strange.
Well you can just take my word for this since scum is either you or in your TRs since I know you're certainly wrong this. Also, it feels like you haven't really said anything about T3 and that pivot in particular feels like you at the point couldn't make much of a case on T3 as scum and then switched to voting me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #115) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 924, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 921, StrangeMatter wrote:So I'm just going to be saying this again since it's somewhat relevant but in my personal experience trying to actually catch scum with partner often ends up leading into Town making many, many mistakes over the course of a single game. My first game had this exact problem, where Town read into interactions where Lukewarm (scum) interacted with multiple people. I just feel like that partners is undeniably the most inconsistent way to catch scum and scum plays around this by dragging down town when they die as well.
I would normally agree with you, but in this instance we have a scum who was making very obvious mistakes and tells throughout d1. I'm just making the point that, given scum completely showed their hand d1, it makes some sense to look to that again when looking at interactions
That is not at all what I see looking back on the ISO. Half of your posts are from what I've read, "Strange is in my eyes scum and here's a partner reason for my case." It doesn't seem like you are drawing attention to it. Also, can you give me a good reason why you think that T3 is more likely to be town?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (isolation #116) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, I am not voting myself, that's final.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (isolation #117) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:29 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Yeah I think it's T3 from this point of the game. Margot and Roden have made posts that make me think they're likely flipping green here, and T3 is the last slot.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #118) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 933, MargotRosa wrote:If we can't organise to kill me today, we can no kill today and vote me out tomorrow. Again, works out to be the same thing
Though this is actually kind of weird to say since there's only 1 person voting you, and T3 only wanted to vote you because of POE. Also no elimination is the worst thing to be doing today since scum gets away with NK and its still ELO with 1 confirmed in a playerlist of 5 people. Not to mention the complete 180 from other posts?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #119) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:50 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well with 7 hours left and nobody talking someone just vote me so we don't end up not eliminating. Still don't feel like we have a good chance of catching scum in ELO if I get eliminated but oh well.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #120) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:32 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Hello again, I'm going to look into the wagons again, I have a sneaking premonition about something.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (isolation #121) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Oh no Ythan is scum lmao gottem ggs

In all seriousness though something that should be pointed out is that T3 and Margot were on LQ (scum), Alstro (Town Doctor), Clasko/GrandpaMo (Town), being that both were off the Egix and Alstro (who was Doctor). Then there's voting me where only I know that I won't flip red , but take that as you will though.

About Margot's point though, that scum wouldn't hammer each other without a claim doesn't at all seem like what they were even trying to go for. I feel like their play was that LQ would die, and town reads into interactions with them and tear each other apart.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #122) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Of course that's just a guess if T3 is the last scum if you ask me.

The biggest point towards T3 being town is the Tracker stuff that went on during Day 1, which now looking back and with the N1 No Kills seems like a Wiform moment.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #123) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Good luck in elo.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #124) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I seriously doubt we’re winning this now.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (isolation #125) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 950, Ythan wrote:
In post 948, StrangeMatter wrote:I seriously doubt we’re winning this now.
If this is because you're scum then lol.
No, you'll see.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #126) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:32 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Somewhat related but I have 15 more cents since I joined this website.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #127) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well that’s no good. Still think eliminating me D3 was not a good idea.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #128) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I think eliminating me over T3 was just a massive misplay by town.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (isolation #129) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

And I only mean this because T3 was exceptionally scummy throughout this game so I was like I’d rather see what role T3 is before going into elo.

Still happy I caught LQ. Defensiveness tell definitely works even on him still despite his claims of it being NAI.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #130) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

100% sure T3 would’ve been the miselim in ELO no matter what so there’s that.

Not saying it can’t but right now it definitely doesn’t prove your point LQ.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #131) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I mean Elimination not miseliminated.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #132) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Idk since it didn’t happen.

However that tracker play was almost impossible to have it work if you ask me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #133) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

GrandpaMo fakeclaiming Tracker as Town was a good attempt ruined by the circumstances. I still think there was a better way to play it off by just saying they were doing it to drag out scum’s NK.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #134) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also would've helped a lot more if it wasn't specifically GrandpaMo who said it. And if anyone isn't informed, GrandpaMo has had a history of claiming PR as VT so yeah it was kind of ruined by its own circumstances.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #135) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well it was mostly fun until the end if you ask me, but GGs everyone.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #136) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

One of these days I'm going to win a game of Mafia dying lol.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (isolation #137) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

without dying*
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #138) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1102, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1095, StrangeMatter wrote:Also would've helped a lot more if it wasn't specifically GrandpaMo who said it. And if anyone isn't informed, GrandpaMo has had a history of claiming PR as VT so yeah it was kind of ruined by its own circumstances.
what where?
Lol remember the game where me and T3 were Masons and you claimed PR? That and another person in the game already said this exact statement.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (isolation #139) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

There's one last thing I think should be mentioned is associative scumtells and towntells. To me they're not inherently a good idea unless you're using them as a baseline to look into if you ask me. Otherwise I feel like there should be a pretty substantial reason as to why you think that way.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #140) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I know substantial evidence is usually very rarely going to happen but with how inconsistent associative can be I think it's warranted.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (isolation #141) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well I haven't won once since I've started on this website so I feel this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #142) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

If there's one thing I learned it's that you eliminate people who are actually scummy before elo not during it.

Your reasoning for scumreading me was associative in which the circumstances was that LQ interacted with almost everyone.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (isolation #143) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Things might look scummy on surface level but if you take time to think about what can happen then its not so obvious. That's what that vote felt like to me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #144) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Really didn't help that GrandpaMo just didn't want me in elo and T3 only voted to sheep Margot which I'm honestly now surprised that wagon even went through.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (isolation #145) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Actually I really didn’t think you should’ve targeted Clasko twice since while yes it is entirely possible there was a scum no kill, it’s far more likely they tried to kill and doctor stopped it.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #146) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1125, Roden wrote:I'm interested in the dead PT too
Pretty sure unless we get Umlat to open up the dead thread, we probably won’t be able to know. I had to use PMs to talk to Ythan about this game
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #147) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Of course we were both dead and in this game so I didn’t think it was inherently wrong to use PMs as long as it was only with people who were playing in our game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (isolation #148) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ok well guess it wasn’t allowed, my bad. Still not good circumstances to be in if you want to talk about the game so far, but oh well.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (isolation #149) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Maybe should’ve just asked for another dead thread and invite everyone who’s dead?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #150) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Anyways yeah I take full blame for this by the way.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”