u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2284 (isolation #401) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

VOTE: egix

what do you want from me here pika? Should I town case myself, scum case him?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (isolation #402) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

what were they again?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2288 (isolation #403) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 21, Egix96 wrote:Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

VOTE: Ausuka

No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee
Starting with the super awkward opening. IIRC he later tries to explain this as a reaction test, but it was a scummy opening
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2289 (isolation #404) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Here's the walk back. I had this guy pegged for at least a couple of days. I'm ashamed that I couldn't get a wagon going. None of these reads are real. He's "afraid" I'm null" =/

And the other reads are no better. All of them leave outs for him to transition to a scum read.

Spoiler:
In post 104, Egix96 wrote:
In post 39, skitter30 wrote: i don't particularly like this post, the first line kinda feels like you felt the need to randomly share that you're town which feels a little ????? and meh
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote: yikes

In post 44, ChannelDelibird wrote: If you were town, I would find it pretty hard to believe that you were genuinely astonished to be so (you know what the odds are every time you join a game!), especially given that apparently you've been scum in other game formats anyway. Maybe there'd be a "huh, OK then!" to yourself upon reading your role PM but caring so much that you brought it into the thread in such an overblown "wow, can you believe it!?" sort of way? No, it doesn't feel right.
I made my opening line OTT on purpose because I knew that people would react to it, and I hoped to gauge people's alignments early on based on said reactions. So:

- skitter's reaction reads slightly towny to me, my gut tells me it's more like awkward town than waffly scum

- urap2's is null I'm afraid

- But CDB feels like he's being too aggressive here. Not sure if the overexplaininess (my laptop redlines that, is that even a word?) is normal for him but to me it feels like scum taking the bait. Like, if he's scum, he's probably thinking "oh, awkward town, better push on him".
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (isolation #405) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

CDB was his only scum read up until now in his iso, and he votes there. Fair enough. But he backs off that, saying "After some time thinking to myself I couldn't really form any strong scumreads in my mind, so I decided I might as well commit to voting Deli and see what came of it."

He had no questions for CDB or for anyone else, and he wasn't trying to push his read. When Bob calls him out on that and for fence sitting, he deflects by insinuating that if bob thinks it's scummy he should vote him.
Spoiler:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Delibird
In post 163, Egix96 wrote:
In post 115, bob3141 wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Delibird
whats your reason for voting for him. As it appears to be alittle bit of naked vote. True you made a post about you think he was agressive but at teh same time you were hedging your bets if that meant he was town or scum

I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon.

UNVOTE:
After some time thinking to myself I couldn't really form any strong scumreads in my mind, so I decided I might as well commit to voting Deli and see what came of it.

"I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon."

I see you unvoted but didn't vote me, so do you think that's a scummy thing for me to do? If so, how?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2292 (isolation #406) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 164, Egix96 wrote:
In post 124, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 116, skitter30 wrote:also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
This is a compelling reason for Infernotown.
Um, no?

"I don't think scum!(name) thinks of writing that" is not very strong reasoning imo, especially considering that I have recent experience of scum!inferno and I wouldn't think that specific post is out of his range. Doesn't help that you're seemingly just taking someone else's words and taking them at face value.
undercuts a read on inferno town - not because he scum reads him because he told us he doesn't have scum reads. He just didn't want town!inferno in the town bloc
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (isolation #407) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2290, Detective Pikachu wrote:Given you wanted Egix earlier, why did you vote Exilon yesterday?
From my perspective, it's pretty auto. I haven't been super engaged, and over time I became less solid in my reads because I knew it was one of x and that's all that mattered. And then that tvt between me and exilon over whether or not he should be at auto like I was felt kind of like caught scum. It biased me against my read.

I think if I had reread iso's during yesterday's phase I would have gotten back to egix.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (isolation #408) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 165, Egix96 wrote:
In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:Feeling pretty iffy about RuiRui so far. Most of her posts so far are pretty surface-level stuff ("Inferno, you're moving too fast with your reads" without really talking about what that might mean, or "well now nobody can use that for info" after the comment about reactions to LUV) without truly engaging in anyone's alignment. Need to see more evidence of desire to actively uncover the scum rather than just reacting blandly to a random post here or there.
*Reads her ISO*

I'll admit, you're not wrong there. She does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far.

Still voting CDB. Talking to him not like a scum read. More importantly, the purpose is to reinforce a bad scum read by town.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (isolation #409) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 167, Egix96 wrote:
In post 166, ChannelDelibird wrote:You're clearly reading in order; why did you not respond to #121?
Because I really don't know what to say to it apart from "okay, so?" I'm not going to reverse my read on you just because you think my logic is wrong.
still scum reading CDB but refuses to engage about his read, AND isn't pushing his read/trying to get others to vote there

Egix was just looking to skate by, which gels with how he has felt ALL game long.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (isolation #410) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 168, Egix96 wrote:
In post 165, Egix96 wrote:She [Rui] does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far
Btw this kinda applies to cby as well (last game = Newbie 1918 in that case)
in fairness, this is a post pushing cby scum read, although not heavy
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2297 (isolation #411) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 204, Egix96 wrote:
In post 185, Sashaddin wrote:I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
Assuming that you're not faking here: :(

But I have personally never witnessed you being lynched in a game (in schadd's game you got NKed iirc, and then in Mewtaph's game you were in danger at one point but I helped to turn things around and get scum lynched instead) so I don't get why you're upset here.
This is the "I'm sorry that I have to make you upset so that I can win. You really shouldn't be upset." post

Town is annoyed, or considering ate. Egix is considering sash's feelings, and whether she should feel bad about being mislynched.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (isolation #412) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

"You caught me. I hadn't done my homework. Now that I've done my homework, I don't have a case because blah blah bias excuse"
Spoiler:
In post 205, Egix96 wrote:
In post 188, RuiRui wrote:You're not comparing the start of the last game to the start of this one, and are instead are looking at my posting from later points of the game - this is a mistake
Actually I wasn't looking at your posts from last game, sorry. I was just going off what I could remember.
You're right, I should actually compare them.
In post 206, Egix96 wrote:Ehh I kinda feel that Rui's earlygame posts in Nero's game were a bit townier than here.

But it's hard to tell really because of the inherent bias (I know that she was town in 2070 but I don't know her alignment here so that's probably why I have that feeling).
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (isolation #413) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 276, Egix96 wrote:In post 264, u r a person 2 wrote:
Garmr is super town btw

Mmm I wouldn't say super but I am leaning town on him yeah.
more read undercutting
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (isolation #414) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 702, Egix96 wrote:
In post 695, High Risk Gamble wrote:
In post 233, Egix96 wrote:Yep, I can dig this.

VOTE: Rui
It reads as you have this slot an null or at a post scum lean, correct me if I'm wrong?
Is this really the strongest read you have to go with at this stage?
I generally find forming townreads to be easier than forming scumreads. Normally on Day 1 of a game I end up having a good number of townreads but rarely any strong scumreads, only leans in that direction.

So yes, at this point RuiRui is the closest thing I have to a full scumread.
HRG saw it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (isolation #415) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1063, Egix96 wrote:
In post 987, Garmr wrote:Bob is town.
In post 991, Inferno390 wrote:Yeah Bob is town here.
In post 1006, skitter30 wrote:i think bob is town
Whatever you three are seeing, I'm not seeing it...
in retrospect, more undercutting. Not gonna lie, iso isn't bad around these areas. It's all superficial, but it's more engaged. I think the common theme throughout is his lack of presence as we were cycling through. That's what you're going to have to dwell on to find a correct read here, pika
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (isolation #416) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2301, Detective Pikachu wrote:HRG... was scum?
well then he was spewing it

either way, it's a scummy interaction on egix's side
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2306 (isolation #417) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

jesus find a town read on me for egix's complete lack of presence in this game

or because skitter was hard town reading me and she probably is best equipped to make a read on me

like you don't need that i don't think =/
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (isolation #418) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

find it because I was, what, power wolfing day 1 through skitter and inferno pushing super hard on me? I wish I could manage that
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (isolation #419) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2308, Detective Pikachu wrote:I am well aware of the accuracy of skitter's reads but I also know that she doesn't always catch powerwolves who are capable of high presence

I've also been trying to decide if scum egix actually just concedes the game in the night when I don't give him the fast night lol
I think his response about that yesterday says that he doesn't.

I wouldn't concede, either. I guess. I didn't really expect to have trouble being town read today. If I had, I would have tried harder yesterday =P
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2311 (isolation #420) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

independent of whether or not I could have zigged and zagged my way through that D1 as scum,

egix iso is pretty scum-indicative

Gotta get the right man, detective!
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2314 (isolation #421) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

okay, what about the part of the game where I declared that it was auto, from my perspective. And that from my perspective egix was the best lynch.

But then I explained how from your perspective, as confirmed town, that ausuka was the best lynch. And when bob was like nope, I'd rather do egix than ausuka, and I jumped right over to egix. which I guess looks bad in a world where egix is town, but after the roles are flipped i think it will look like a good moment.
but I was happy to do ausuka and to explain why ausuka was a good choice, and I don't think that the gamestate or any of my past scum play should indicate me busing like that in that situation.

You should read through that whole interaction between ausuka and I. That's where skitter sharpened her town read on me. it's probably pretty ai
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2317 (isolation #422) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2316, Detective Pikachu wrote:Oh yeah 1828 also says exilon + skitter over ausuka, what's up with that, and you say a bunch of possibilities but not ausuka + gamma/sky
this is before I realize that bob + gamr had to be town. That's when everything snapped into place and became easy.

At this point skitter was still scum reading me and it was going on forever and it was making me paranoid. I think town skitter eventually finds a town read in me more often than not. And paranoia because hello she just won that banner and I just played scum with her and she's good.

But if I'm scum, I know that gamr + bob are telling the truth. Why do I goad him into the one thing that he can do to basically confirm himself as town?
So that I can then start bussing? That moment, confirming those two as town, was when this all started going bad for scum (that and them not killing the IC). Then we got lazy and ended up here, and I was part of that problem. BUT, there's no scum motivation for what I did there, it was super pro town, and the reaction from scum after I called it auto was not svs.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (isolation #423) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I dunno about you, but one or two bad reads can spoil the whole bunch, sometimes. And my paranoia over slots like gamr, and skitter were feeding into bad reads on slots like exilon. Because you're right that he was obv town at times. That was a bad lynch =P
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (isolation #424) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:01 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

hey how we doin here?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (isolation #425) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:35 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Why were you so disengaged this game?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (isolation #426) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 909, Egix96 wrote:
In post 857, Inferno390 wrote:Thumbs up from me
VOTE: Gamr
I think we start here.
Is urap still his buddy in your mind?
In post 2329, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1257, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: bob

this is where my heart truly is.

maybe a new perspective from the IC-slot will kick this game into gear
Hmm why did you move back to bob here after being on ausuka for like.... Half a page and 2 interactions?
My heart wasn't in it. I was looking to stir things up because of the gamestate, but I seem to recall thinking that ausuka was right. She was similarly overexplainy as town in the posts she linked, and that really was my only pretense for voting there. So I looked elsewhere. I was flailing all about in that moment because the gamestate didn't feel pro-town in it's stagnancy.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (isolation #427) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:33 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

but like,

I don't see the svs motivation for that interaction at all?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (isolation #428) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I do know that it's long, and that's why I haven't plowed into it to town case myself lol

I don't know how I forgot Ausuka is a she. I may not have made the association in the first place, and I may be guilty of using he as a default if I'm typing quickly and don't check. I do try and check tho.

I think bob probably wasn't scummy af. but you gotta understand that I'm alive today because I've been loud, yet ineffective at pushing scum, and generally all over the place. That's why I'm alive rn
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (isolation #429) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

like if i had been loud with good reads I'd have been gone n1 or n2
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (isolation #430) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

i mean, you tried looking through my iso. If I'm scum, this is a fucking masterpiece
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (isolation #431) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

The argument for scum!egix isn't that he sheeped you

it's that he never cared about the direction of the game one way or another.

He wasn't flaking, but he wasn't trying to get involved at any point.

any post in my iso, no matter how misguided, is full of WIM.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2353 (isolation #432) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1063, Egix96 wrote:
In post 987, Garmr wrote:Bob is town.
In post 991, Inferno390 wrote:Yeah Bob is town here.
In post 1006, skitter30 wrote:i think bob is town
Whatever you three are seeing, I'm not seeing it...
I don't understand why undercutting a consensus town read is a townie move? Bob was not a slot where it was difficult to argue against a town read by that point in the game. And he was a slot that scum would have liked to have open for a mislynch, if they could have managed it.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2354 (isolation #433) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

This is a pretty good scum opening but it still shows the hallmarks of uncomfortable scum. He tries to make a joke with both the "Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh..." and the "No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee" but the first part comes across as awkward and the reasoning is actual reasoning for a vote, cloaked as a joke, rather than pure nonsense.

I think this is actually exactly the type of opening you should expect from solid players who have been around for a hot minute.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2355 (isolation #434) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:40 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2347, Detective Pikachu wrote:@Urap, what exactly do you see as the scum motivation in writing ?
I think he's taking a stance (null or worse on bob) that isn't going to get him heat or really change the conversation significantly. And maybe it plants a seed of doubt in people's minds about bob in the best of circumstances.

I think most of the iso is the same motivations: Do as little as possible, stay out of the limelight, make just enough reads to never be the lynch. I haven't looked back but I'm sure he doesn't keep pushing that town read, or really engage on it. It's scum blasé.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2356 (isolation #435) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2352, Detective Pikachu wrote:I do wonder about the town thought process behind "help me see it?"
it was a two-banger, if I remember correctly.

1) I'm still trying to sort skitter at this point. I'm sure I was calling her town in the thread, but I'm pretty sure by this point paranoia had started sinking in a little bit. So I was asking for more than just "I think they are town" in order to hear her response and help sort her.

2) skitter had great town!equity, regardless of point 1, and she's a great player. So if she was confident on a town read, I literally wanted her to help me see it, and maybe start building a solid town bloc

that was the motivation
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2365 (isolation #436) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2362, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2309, u r a person 2 wrote:find it because I was, what, power wolfing day 1 through skitter and inferno pushing super hard on me? I wish I could manage that
J/w but why do you think you're incapable of powerwolfing through scumreads d1?
i was exaggerating a bit. I think I could, but I it would be tough. skitter is a force, and inferno was pretty loud. It was stressful as town so I think I would have had trouble as scum
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2372 (isolation #437) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I think you're down the rabbit hole pretty far mate
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2381 (isolation #438) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2379, Detective Pikachu wrote:urap would you do me a favor and link 2-3 of your other scum games where you have over 100 posts?
I only have 2 scum games on site

that one and a newbie you can find in my wiki
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (isolation #439) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

btw I can see you getting more paranoid as we wait for egix, and like

stop.

just stop. I'm sure you've done this before. Recognize the symptoms and just stop.

beceause you've already solved the game, mate

p.edit wiki button under avatar
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2387 (isolation #440) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2380, Egix96 wrote:I was gonna, but I was feeling like it would be mostly redundant after your 2332
If you still want me to do it then sure, I'll have a sit down this afternoon
Even here, just think about what he's saying

He was going to case me, but after you - the IC holding the hammer - made a big post, he felt it was redundant.

How is this ever a real thought from him? How is at ever anything more than a silly excuse?

Like, you didn't cover my whole iso, and even if you had you were still talking about hammering him. So clearly town!him would need to show you where you went wrong. And do you think you would be worried about being redundant in Egix's position? Would it ever be that word? It's not a town mindset. It's a simple excuse so that you'll continue diving into rabbit holes
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (isolation #441) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

open 749 was a town game

wiki isn't up to date
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2412 (isolation #442) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:58 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2390, Detective Pikachu wrote:I do want to ask about the "auto" language though. It's very jarring to me that in your one developed scum game you also talked about "auto" in the end of the game, and focused on the "auto" pov arguments with slightly more emphasis than your actual reads. Can you point me to town games where you felt the game was in 'auto' or used that language? This is directly relevant to one of my biggest problems with your slot which is the read development and vote on Exilon, which was framed through this "it's auto" argument.
I don't know if I can. Not many games get to auto. In that game there were a bunch of roles with potential to interact in beneficial ways for scum. None of that happened, and I found myself in a spot d2 with a fakeclaim that that made it basically auto from my pov. there wasn't much way out and I was floundering.

that's a very different scenario from scum this game, which put itself in that position by failing to kill the IC or a pr over the first couple of nights
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2413 (isolation #443) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:59 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2391, Detective Pikachu wrote:o/t but how was hydraing with slaxx? am I reading it right that he kinda vanished on you toward the end of the game or did he just stop signing?
I really enjoy playing with Slaxx. We're a good scum hunting team. He got busy during both of those games, so I'm the majority of posts in both games.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2414 (isolation #444) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:02 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2392, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1273, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1269, Detective Pikachu wrote:Why? Is bob your uncle?
I felt his recent set of analysis felt like he was doing it for the sake of being seen as doing it rather than him actually trying to scum hunt.
In post 1278, u r a person 2 wrote:Like, it seems to me that you started your 'analysis' with a scum read on ausuka, and then you gave a bunch of iioa, and then were content to sit on your ausuka vote.

I don't see any indication that you've used any of your work to inform your scum reads
Disingenuous push, also indirectly defending Ausuka
How is this disingenuous? Bob did that whole drawn out process and it didn't get anywhere. I pulled the same thing in my last scum game, and I could see other new!scum doing it too

And it probably was inspired/coached/whatever by gamr in their PT, which also likely made it feel less genuine
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (isolation #445) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2392, Egix96 wrote:In post 1296, u r a person 2 wrote:
Bob -> Egix -> Sash -> Gamr

Ooh boy look at that chain of town lynches.
So scum!me throws up 4 town lynches in a row when asked by the IC to give a lynch order? How likely is that?

Of course, it isn't 4 town in a row, is it? =P
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2416 (isolation #446) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2393, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1428, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1425, skitter30 wrote:urap remind me of your ausuka read?
i wavered at one point, but I'm pretty sure aus is town
Obvious partner read
how is this an obvious partner read?

Accurately reflects that I had just voted there
Gives confident town read
all in response to a direct question

this post is nai
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (isolation #447) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2393, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1431, u r a person 2 wrote:@skitter prob egix, bob both good choices.

gamr or exilon not bad choices

im not getting on ausuka because I don't understand why he gets bussed over just pushing you

and I'm not town reading egix or bob, so I really don't want to vote there
No mention of HRG slot, how convenient
Spoiler:
This was the vote count recently before this post:
In post 1417, tris wrote:
VC 2.07
Ausuka (3):
skitter30 , Egix , bob3141
skitter30 (2):
Garmr , Ausuka
bob3141 (1):
u r a person 2
Egix96 (1):
Exilon
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
Detective Pikachu, Inferno390 , High Risk Gamble

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-17 19:00:00)
skitter had said that she didn't know where to vote. I think this is actually a pretty townie post. Bob was a good choice because I was scum reading him most at that moment. Egix was a good choice because I was scum reading him and he already had a vote on him.

Gamr was also not a bad choice because Sash was already voting there.
I don't remember why exilon was on the list

but the reason not to vote ausuka shows that I'm thinking about the gamestate, and using my reads to augment that understanding.

And HRG was in the process of being replaced while this post was being made, and I'm sure that's why I didn't include that slot.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2418 (isolation #448) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2394, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1641, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1637, Inferno390 wrote:I think we lynch Ausuka here actually for trying to argue the proc off of me. I don’t see a reason to do it as Town and a LOT of reason to do it as scum.
I could see it being a town gambit to stop a double kill if you're town

This on it's own is a bad reason. Still not sure why Ausuka is the counter wagon over egix
Finds excuse to defend Aus
In post 1642, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1639, Detective Pikachu wrote:This game seems slow for three competing wagons with 24 hours left

Sashaddin we're not lynching Garmr today. How do you feel about Ausuka and Egix?
Yeah, egix. Lynch that.
Bad for obvious reasons
In post 1693, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1692, Inferno390 wrote:I’m going to take this hammer to end the day. No one else hammer.
then how will i be able to bus sash?? =(
(*Phelous voice*) Inappropriate...
I don't understand the third one, but the first two will look a lot better once egix is confirmed scum. It's really frustrating because I keep wanting to point to my scum read on egix as evidence that I wasn't completely useless this game, but I know that doesn't mean anything to you, pika.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2419 (isolation #449) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2399, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1911, u r a person 2 wrote:so those walls feel to me like svs~~~~~
Setting up an Exilon lynch after Ausuka flips
They did feel like svs. Neither side was compelling, no one else was really interested, and it looked like noise for noises sake, which I think scum does sometimes to distance.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2420 (isolation #450) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:29 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2400, Egix96 wrote:
In post 2138, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 2132, Exilon wrote:I havent gotten around to doing the whole math urap2 sorry but doesn't seem like it'll be necessary after this
yeah i mean why would you want to figure out why it's auto from your pov

this is also scum

guess I was wrong on egix
Opportunistic, again setting up on Exilon
It seemed really odd to me that he was trying to undercut the idea that from our perspectives, the game was solved. It seemed to me that he was trying to open up a path to victory for himself. I don't think that was unreasonable.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (isolation #451) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2401, Egix96 wrote:
In post 2293, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 2290, Detective Pikachu wrote:Given you wanted Egix earlier, why did you vote Exilon yesterday?
From my perspective, it's pretty auto.
I haven't been super engaged
, and over time I became less solid in my reads because I knew it was one of x and that's all that mattered. And then that tvt between me and exilon over whether or not he should be at auto like I was felt kind of like caught scum. It biased me against my read.

I think if I had reread iso's during yesterday's phase I would have gotten back to egix.
And yet he questioned me for being disengaged...
Let's talk about this for a second.

If I'm scum, I feel like I'm playing a super engaged game. I'm top of the post count, I've been involved in almost every aspect of the game, and I'm trying to play that up for town cred.

If I'm town, I know that I feel like once it became auto I basically checked out intellectually and emotionally, and that clouds my own perception of my game.

this is a town!me post
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2422 (isolation #452) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:34 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2403, Egix96 wrote:
In post 437, High Risk Gamble wrote:
In post 89, Inferno390 wrote:Another thought is that everyone really needs to watch how interactions with Uzi go down. Since Uzi is IC (Innocent Child), it means that where his vote goes and what he says can have a huge impact on the game and the wagons. So anyone trying to manipulate that needs to be looked at hard.
This post really pings me as scummy.
To this point URA and Exilon look town.
In post 438, High Risk Gamble wrote:
In post 100, u r a person 2 wrote:well I'm going to actively discourage your lynch, so if you are lynched and flip town, I will hold no blame.
I regret considering you as town already, this just looks bad and not from a town motivated view.
At this point there's no threat to this lynch happening but you are already writing it off as a town with very little doubt, and already preparing for the town credit on a town flip.
Okay on to gazerslot now

Extremely quick turnaround. Compare with the 180 urap had re:Aus.
Why is his read on me indicative of svs? Are scum more likely to about face concerning reads on their partners, or on town?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (isolation #453) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:35 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2405, Egix96 wrote:
In post 704, High Risk Gamble wrote:So this is where I'm at after the catch up fully.

URA is obvious town right now
and the fact his wagon started is really bad.
I'm feel less like Sash scum with the VT claim and even though VT lynch / scum lynch isn't a bad choice day 1 I don't think Sash flips scum here.

I don't think that URA's wagon was all town either so Skitter, Inferno or RuiRui have 1-2 scum.

The current RuiRui wagon looks all town other than Skitter. Skitter is just looking for a lynch rather scum hunting and their voting patterns/reasons show this.

If it comes to it I'll vote RuiRui over Sash and URA but I think Skitter is just out right scum and it doesn't look like bussing.

VOTE: Skitter
YGTI
this is actually just spewing me town?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (isolation #454) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2425, Detective Pikachu wrote:You're right that not hitting a mason early was bad ish but it didn't give town a mechanical win given town has lynched every townie vt lol
it gave my slot a mechanical solve
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (isolation #455) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

it also gave exilon's slot a mechanical solve. that's what made it weird.

I suspected the bp, but i saw no reason why it HAD to be the case
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (isolation #456) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

that makes sense.

I hadn't thought about it past "The IC isn't dead"

and that made me think either they thought there were other prs worth hitting and they missed or that they couldn't kill you.

I'm okay with pretty much my whole game outside of the exilon vote. It wasn't a good game, but it was good enough for a win if I hadn't made that vote.

The thing about that vote from an outside perspective, it doesn't make much sense from either alignment. Waiting and then hammering there? Sure, that would probably be scum!me, but I put myself out there with no expectation that bob or you would hammer, and it made me vulnerable to a push based on why I switched. It's not impossible for scum!me to play it this way, but I think the simplest answer is that I was town weighting recent exilon play more heavily in the moment than I was either of their play throughout the game.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (isolation #457) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I didn't say it was the best part of my iso. I'm saying it shows a level of thought in the read making process that is more likely to come from town, and more substantial than what you've seen out of egix this game.

At the time of that post, Egix had roughly (less than? I only counted once) 20 posts in the game. Most were short, and I probably skimmed them too
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (isolation #458) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

obviously old meta is old, but he was def more assertive in the game you linked. Still the same indifference to what's going on in the game throughout the D1. If it didn't have to do with him he didn't really comment on it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (isolation #459) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2433, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2230, Garmr wrote:if your scum buddy is Urap2 they deserve to win the game btw.
should hammer urap just so garmr never says a sentence like this again
I doubt he would learn his lesson so... =)
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (isolation #460) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

This didn't end up as compelling as I hoped. BUT I think it's still plenty compelling. Did this game feel like scum were providing 3 votes to both the D1 and D2 lynches?

If I'm scum, then scum started off the game by being the first two votes on the first wagon on town:
Spoiler:
In post 200, tris wrote:
VC 1.03
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Garmr
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , skitter30
Exilon (1):
cbynumber
ChannelDelibird (1):
Egix96
RuiRui (1):
ChannelDelibird
Inferno390 (1):
Exilon
bob3141 (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
RuiRui

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-03 20:00:00)

And we sat there on that wagon for a week:
Spoiler:
In post 625, tris wrote:
VC 1.08
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (4):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:

Then all 3 scum were on the D1 Lynch:
Spoiler:
In post 851, tris wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
RuiRui (7):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka , Sashaddin
LYNCH!

Sashaddin (4):
bob3141 , skitter30 , Garmr , Lil Uzi Vert
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:

Then all 3 of us got in on the action again for the D2 Lynch:
Spoiler:
In post 1731, tris wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Sashaddin (6):
Gamma Emerald , Garmr , bob3141 , Ausuka , Exilon , u r a person 2
LYNCH!

Ausuka (3):
Egix , Inferno390 , Sashaddin
Egix96 (2):
u r a person 2 , skitter30
skitter30 (1):
Detective Pikachu

Not Voting:

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

D3 and D4 are bus days regardless of which of us is scum
Spoiler:
In post 2139, tris wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
Ausuka (5):
Egix96 , u r a person 2 , Skygazer , Detective Pikachu , bob3141
LYNCH!

Egix96 (2):
Ausuka , Exilon

Not Voting:
Garmr, skitter30

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
In post 2235, tris wrote:
VC 4.FINAL
Skygazer (4):
u r a person 2 , Egix96 , Garmr , Skygazer
LYNCH!

Not Voting:
Exilon, Detective Pikachu, bob3141

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2440 (isolation #461) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I sympathize with your plight here, Pika

And you don't see me saying you're bad for not having hammered egix yet

Obviously, entering the day with the game solved for me presents its own stresses, so yeah, we'll get through this?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2441 (isolation #462) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

oh i guess d1 lynch was all scum regardless of which of us is scum

fuck
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (isolation #463) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Yeah

well, no one can say you haven't put in the work this game
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2447 (isolation #464) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

like, dead thread is going to be more upset with me than with you if you hammer me
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (isolation #465) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

spoiler is just a bunch of d1 vote counts, but take a look at how while the wagons were sash, rui, me HRG doesn't get in on the main wagons for a long time. If, as you're saying, scum is more likely to be 3 man if one (me) is in trouble, why did HRG stay on vanity wagons so long?

I guess I'm not actually looking for an answer =P

Spoiler:
In post 436, tris wrote:
VC 1.06
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Exilon
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , skitter30
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin
cbynumber (1):
RuiRui
Inferno390 (1):
Garmr

Not Voting:

Deadline:
In post 500, tris wrote:
VC 1.07
Sashaddin (6):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
(L-1)

u r a person 2 (3):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:

Deadline:
In post 625, tris wrote:
VC 1.08
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (4):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:
In post 650, tris wrote:
VC 1.09
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , skitter30 , u r a person 2
Sashaddin (4):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (3):
Inferno390 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:
In post 725, tris wrote:
VC 1.10
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , skitter30 , u r a person 2
Sashaddin (3):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui
skitter30 (2):
High Risk Gamble , Garmr

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert , Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 750, tris wrote:
VC 1.11
Sashaddin (5):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , skitter30 , Garmr
RuiRui (3):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui
skitter30 (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert , Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 840, tris wrote:
VC 1.12
RuiRui (6):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka
(L-1)

Sashaddin (4):
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:
Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 851, tris wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
RuiRui (7):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka , Sashaddin
LYNCH!

Sashaddin (4):
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:

103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2452 (isolation #466) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

As to HRG on sash, I guess. He also didn't want to be on the ruirui wagon that egix was already on.

As for that rule of three, he obviously sandwiched me between two scum rather than going town, scum, scum

that's basic rule of 3 knowledge
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2454 (isolation #467) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I think it's in my interest to keep this post in front of your face
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2455 (isolation #468) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 32, Egix96 wrote:
In post 29, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 21, Egix96 wrote:
Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

Something about the tone of the bolded bothers me.

Do you dislike playing town?
No, not at all. But I'm amazed that I've managed to rand town five times in five mini normals. No idea what the actual odds are of that but it's a stark contrast from my rand luck in open queue...
He later calls this a reaction test, so you'd expect him to still be hamming it up

but this post is clearly damage control. After the big sigh, he assures us that he enjoys playing town, but what are the odds! There are a million ways he could have taken this if it were a reaction test, and this is like the blandest possible route
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (isolation #469) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

yeah. that's what i got.

caught 'em coach! Page 2 bb
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2457 (isolation #470) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

This post is kind of telling. Up until now, ausuka hasn't discussed a read on egix at all, I'm pretty sure. I'll check again in a sec

This whole post ausuka is discussing things that happen in and around a scum read on egix, but she still doesn't take a position on him. svs indicative

Spoiler:
In post 162, Ausuka wrote:
In post 145, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 119, Ausuka wrote:Can you explain this further please? Like, what about Inferno's analysis is great? I'm not seeing your pov here.
The game started hard and fast. My vote on Skitter was pure RVS but I sensed town in her, so I wanted to unvote and settle elsewhere.
Of all the posts I found that far, this was the post that was telling me the most. I was feeling what was being said real good: the yikes 40 , the convenient 76, the free shade on 42... since we are early I decided not to be inactive and sheep a bit. I know taking someone else's reasoning is not the best move, but it's a start. People tell me I'm inactive Day 1 so I try to get away from that image now.
Ok but like let's take a look at some of these posts in context.
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote:

yikes

The reasoning Inferno gave for scumreading 40 was:
In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:40 almost feels more naked than Ausuka. Like it’s trying to look clothed when it is.
I can only interpret this as saying that Urap made a naked vote and was trying to make it look non-naked when it wasn't. But, "yikes" is just an indicator that urap thought Egix's post is bad, right? How does this mean that urap is trying to look non-naked? All this is is urap saying early on that he doesn't get good feelings from Egix. I believe that it only makes sense to think this if you're looking through urap's posts for things to scumread. I think it's possible that Inferno, as town, decided urap was scum and looked through his ISO to build a case on him. I can't understand why you, as a nonbiased observer, would think this, though.

As for 42:
In post 42, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Exilon
I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
egix partner
Inferno's response to this is that "Me saying that I think Egix’s vote is NAI, especially when it’s clearly an RVS post, may be AI for me, but it certainly does not tie me to Egix on my own." But that's just like, why not? You went out of your way to mention Egix just to call him NAI, that could definitely be seen as a s/s interaction early right? The entire argument just seems blatantly flawed and I think from an unbiased POV it's not one you're likely to sheep.

I don't really like his bob vote either so.

VOTE: Sashaddin
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2459 (isolation #471) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I don't think trying to get that specific about night kill motivations is a high percentage guess

just sayin
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2462 (isolation #472) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2461, Detective Pikachu wrote:Wait no there's a chance 1299 is literally only wrong on Sash
yeah we might have nightkilled him if he were that good
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (isolation #473) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2482, Detective Pikachu wrote:Does urap avoid commiting to solving through reads as scum when presented with a challenging mechanical situation as scum?
Okay you've refreshed my memory about the auto in the draco game

here's the difference
in that game, I was arguing that the setup spec town!ank was proposing had to be wrong BECAUSE the game was basically solved on D2 and that didn't make sense from a balance perspective. It was an argument I knew that I could make because I was hiding part of my role, making the setup look super town favored. It also wasn't to avoid solving through reads. If you read through that day, you'll see that I did a lot of fake solving.

In this game, there is no setup spec attached to the argument. It was simply auto from my perspective. And if you read through the analysis, you'll see that I wasn't wrong. If I were solely in charge of the lynch order, systematically lynching the unknowns does win the game. You have to give me some of the benefit of the doubt here because the analysis is correct. You should be expecting town me to eventually come to this conclusion.

Further, the interaction with ausuka after I call the game auto and vote them is clearly not SVS, or at least not voluntary svs. she's trying everything she can think of to undermine my analysis, it's all reachy, and i'm not giving any quarter
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2496 (isolation #474) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2485, Detective Pikachu wrote:Also why do neither of you respond to the explosion posts that happen during this day? The only thing weirder than day 4 is the fact that one of you didn't realize Exilon was incredibly town for the nature of Sky's push on him
what explosion posts? i don't understand
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (isolation #475) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:59 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2485, Detective Pikachu wrote:Like URAP you thought BOTH insane 1v1s with Exilon were s/s? First that massive fight between Ausuka and Exi, and then Skygazer trying to fake-catch Exi in a quasi-mechanical guilty since he actually just inferred I was BP? Like what did you actually think happened at the end of day 4?
I don't think the exilon+ausuka bit was fresh in my mind at the time

but Exilon fighting the auto analysis after I laid it out for him right alongside ausuka fighting the auto analysis during d3 i think really ignited my paranoia about him

and I think scum, when trying to fake tvt, or not svs generally, often think that noisy 1v1s are a good way to do it. So considering that by D4 skygazer was confirmed scum (because you hadn't claimed bp, which you had no reason not to claim by this point) which made this whole thing look like svs to try and save exilon through lylo
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2498 (isolation #476) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2488, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2054, u r a person 2 wrote:unless DP is hiding a modifier
if the whole point of this gambit was to bait a townie seeming to TMI and getting a mislynch out of it, why does urap speculate about this

otoh, why did you think it would be me hiding a modifier and not one of the masons?
without going back and looking, I think that both of them had confirmed that they didn't have a modifier while you hadn't.

Also, I'm not an idiot. It did cross my mind that scum simply couldn't kill you. But you're also mod-confirmed town, so I wouldn't expect you to lie about it.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2499 (isolation #477) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:06 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2492, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2077, u r a person 2 wrote:some town has failed to full claim their role (which is assuming they are just a BAD player)

or

you are just a bad player

I'd rather accuse you of being lazy than accuse someone of being awful at this game.
does urap say this if he's informed the IC is bp?
I stand by it, too.
My game hasn't been great, but I don't understand why you would hide it here. Intuition says it's probably a bad play.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2500 (isolation #478) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2493, Detective Pikachu wrote:on the other hand, why are you asking about crumbs to the ascetic when ausuka is lolcatting lol
just going through the motions to either a) ensure everyone sees it's bullshit or b) sus out that it wasn't bullshit

we did have gamr fakeclaim as town this game, after all
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (isolation #479) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2493, Detective Pikachu wrote:In post 2138, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 2132, Exilon wrote:
I havent gotten around to doing the whole math urap2 sorry but doesn't seem like it'll be necessary after this

yeah i mean why would you want to figure out why it's auto from your pov

this is also scum

guess I was wrong on egix

damn if this isn't a post that I really hate
hate it or not, this is how my paranoia over his slot started
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2502 (isolation #480) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:35 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I don't think me talking about skygazer in the third person is AI at all
if you do a a real metadive on me (and this current analysis suggests that you might) you'll notice that my push on people usually has two parts. There is the part where I engage with someone directly, usually by starting with questioning them directly, and then the part where I turn from that interaction to argue my case to the rest of the thread. Often the line can be found where I ask the thread what they think about whomever I've been engaging and fos'ing.

The first part of that process is to get more data. The second part starts when enough data has been gathered to make a compelling case. In skygazer's case, there was no need to engage them for the purpose of gaining data, so I jumped to the part where I analyze and talk about the thread with others. hence third person
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (isolation #481) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:32 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2503, Detective Pikachu wrote:Actually one thing I think is interesting here is that when Inferno accuses you of spewing Skitter as town in an attempt to get her to townread you, you seem to deliberately misunderstand his argument so that you make it seem like you're spewing yourself town.

But in this point about Egix, you clearly understand that HRG would have been "spewing you town"

It's kinda like you're selective on whether you choose to understand the concept or not
I think you're actually misunderstanding what inferno was saying.

I've heard spew town, as in scum!mark spewed jake town
and as in Cathy spewed (herself) town.

he was saying that I was deliberately trying to show that I was town in an attempt to pocket skitter.

If he had meant that I was spewing skitter as town while trying to pocket her, the sentence structure would be different.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (isolation #482) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 332, Inferno390 wrote:This whole last section feels like you spewing Town in an attempt to get skitter to townread you.
like, it doesn't make sense that i would be spewing skitter as town in an attempt to pocket skitter

i might spew skitter as town while attempting to pocket her but it doesn't make sense that the spew is the pocket attempt.

It does make sense that I would be trying to spew town as a way of getting people to town read me.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2507 (isolation #483) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I don't actually think you believe any of that. The whole thing reads like satire.

It was a bad game for me. You should still hammer egix.

But if you're serious, the stuff around skygazer's claim is the most farfetched of the analysis.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2508 (isolation #484) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Think about scum pt culture. I've been engaged with this game all the way through. Do you think that the rest of the scum team plays this apathetically while I'm powerwolfing, to the tune of so many replace outs?

Or do you think that's more likely in the world where the last scum was also apathetic?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2510 (isolation #485) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

less about chance, more about having fun.

whatever forget it it's probably meaningless
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2512 (isolation #486) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

it was pretty dank
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (isolation #487) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

egix's is pretty easy though.

no one is paying attention to me no one is paying attention to me okay time to bus
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (isolation #488) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

and then, hey I might have a chance
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2516 (isolation #489) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

you thought egix was scum yesterday right? like you would have ended up on egix yesterday over exilon and over me?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (isolation #490) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

if you're 55/45 now, i think we both agree that you're so far into this that there's no one post or set of posts that's going to bring you to a point of comfort in your decision.

you've done your due diligence. I think you should hammer one way or the other.

I think we're all ready for this to end
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2521 (isolation #491) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2520, Detective Pikachu wrote:In comparison, I feel like I understand skitter's problems with you in 196 a lot more. It also bothers me how you twice did the "oh and one more townread" post, first with bob and then with Ausuka as you do in 323 and 324. I can very easily see you repeating that behavior (throwing an extra naked townread after two short reads townreads) to obfuscate your reads as scum post-flip, and I can see that as obfuscating behavior slightly more easily than I can see it as snap reads reactions
I'm sure i do this in town games. if you still want to put in more effort you might go confirm that
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (isolation #492) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

it's not really snap reactions btw
it's just a multipost strategy
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2523 (isolation #493) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 323, u r a person 2 wrote:oh, bob is still town btw

Bob, how are you enjoying the game?
In post 324, u r a person 2 wrote:Ausuka, also town
In post 325, u r a person 2 wrote:CBY could be scum. I don't have a lot of experience with them but I think I expect better questions. This is based on the time they were active, btw, I don't think there's a good argument to be made here for an activity tell considering they have not been active on site
In post 326, u r a person 2 wrote:On re read I think Egix is actually probably town
please note how each post is about a different slot
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (isolation #494) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

yay gg
103-11 0-2