Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

For the record, TSE always tunnels me when I’m town.

I don’t remember if he’s town or scum during said tunnels.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4044, Auro wrote:Nahdia, let's talk through which parts I'm being naive about.

Tchill13, have you seen scum actually take that strategy before - push all kinds of random but also carrying conviction? Do you think it would look the same when town and scum do it?

Nero, Oka's larger point is that at least they should be the objects of focus right now and not encouraging momentum in that direction atm is anti-town.

Mulch.

Nuff said.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4051, Quick wrote:
In post 4035, Nahdia wrote:alright im gonna post just a bit

{OkaPoka}
{Auro, davezac}
=smol gap=
{Alchemist}
{Ari}
{TSE, 50}
{Creature, Hoctac, gobbledygook, Voted}
{Tchill, Jake, Flavor Leaf}
{mastina, 5G, Quick}
=gap=
{Saudade, Nero Cain}

auro gains a lot of points for his PoEing approach. it feels genuine, like he's actually trying to solve. i think the way he's reading is naive and he's likely townreading at least one scum, but still.

oka continues to be obvtown, as was their predecessor, and the way Nero is just tossing shade his way is scummy. feeling reasonably confident there, when combined with other stuff ive said about him. i also don't like the way he's singling me out when the things he's accusing me of are half the playerbase rn.
Quick... i saw something yesterday when reading up that made me think he's scum, but now idr what that was, and i feel far less certain on him that i do on Saudade and Nero. ill ISO Quick later and see if im still comfy with my vote there. but if im being super honest, im not picky with my push right now. still think we just need more info here more than anything.
Alchemist21 wrote:Maybe I was wrong to doubt Auro. This is looking pretty Towny from him.
hooray syncronicity. was getting a bit paranoid of ari and alchemist but alch moves back up a rung.
Also, this really deserves to be wagoned. Is anyone TRing this slot or is this slot just going to slide to Endgame?

Yeah, that could die.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4052, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 4041, Quick wrote:I'm tempted to insult you again. Would you like that?
yes, if ppl like you hate the way I play then im doing something right :yawn:

I really don’t understand why I’ve seen people hate on your play as much as I have (not saying it’s a lot, that’s just how much I don’t understand any of it.)
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #23

Blair (1): Hoctac ()
Auro (0):
Hoctac (0):
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (6): Auro (), Alchemist21 (), davesaz (), OkaPoka (), Blair (), Quick ()
Aristophanes (1): mastina ()
Quick (8) (L-3): 50 Judge Powers (), pisskop (), gobbledygook (), Flavor Leaf (), Nahdia (), Tchill13 (), Jake the Wolfie (), Aristophanes ()

TrueSoulEnergy (1): 5G Tower ()
Voted (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (1): Nero Cain (),
Flavor Leaf (1): TrueSoulEnergy ()
davesaz (0):
mastina (0):
OkaPoka (0):
Tchill13 (0):
pisskop (1): Voted ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
5. mastina is V/LA for an indefinite period of time.
6. pisskop replaces Saudade.
7. Blair replaces Creature.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3317, Auro wrote:I think Nahdia's being disingenuous of her Saudade push. There are many examples of players to whom you don't apply the "normal" scumhunting principles to catch; and I've pointed out that Saudade is one of them. I feel like that should be clear just from looking at his ISO. On re-reading, noticed that I've stated that in both 3121 and 3156, yet, she doubled down on this in 3227 without appearing to take any of that into account. I don't think Nahdia should be the type of player to pursue such surface level plays. She also discarded the entirety of the setup spec discussion which arguably is beneficial in part to town - all this leads me to think she's just not putting much effort into thinking about the game. Apart from Saudade there seems to be no strong read in her ISO: feels a little like scum replacing in, picking someone to attack, and just coasting, does it not?
If she was content on just coasting, why would she be attacking the players that she attacked at that point in the game? Correct me if I am wrong, but she attacked a few top townreads (you, Nero, Vecna, Mastina) and also Saudude. If she wanted to coast why attack those players specifically

I don't know if I agree with your reasons to push Nahdia because I know I have certainly been lazy town in this game and other games. But why is Saudude someone you cannot apply normal scumhunting techniques toward?

I find the scummiest thing about that slot to be Elements play.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:25 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Nero, why the PL on Creature and not on someone like 5G?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Voted »

In post 4207, Blair wrote:Update: I've read Oka's recommendation and I checked my own slot's ISO to figure out why I was voting for mastina.

Unfortunately, my slot was dumb and its reads make no sense.

Jake wagon makes a LOT of sense, although I kind of agree with what others have said about it being a pretty disappointing reason to flip a slot.

VOTE: Jake

As far as I can tell, Jake was pretty plainly lying about a verifiable game mechanic - which might be forgivable if it weren't for the fact that
he also lied about having verified the verifiable game mechanic.

That's so cut and dry that I feel like anyone voting for someone other than Jake not only needs to explain why the person they're voting for is scummy, but also how on earth they could be scummier than Jake.

With that in mind: Why is Quick scummier than Jake?
This is one of the worst catch-ups I have ever seen.
FOS
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Voted »

Spoiler:
In post 4224, Quick wrote:
In post 3704, Quick wrote:
In post 3701, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3699, Quick wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
I think you are being a terrible town leader, how does that sound?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
Maybe you are just wrong and not them? How does that sound?
In post 3717, Quick wrote:
In post 3714, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3711, davesaz wrote:
In post 3698, OkaPoka wrote: Jake is maintaining that him and Voted are in contradiction. He hasn't taken his Voted vote back this entire time.
What stake do you have in a vote on Voted?
Because its evident that Jake still thinks there is a contradiction no matter what he says.
No, that has not been demonstrated.
In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
In post 3728, Quick wrote:
In post 3726, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
No? Jake is not scum in all my worlds.
Okay, so what is the case here exactly?
In post 3733, Quick wrote:Like, the ONLY way I see Jake is Scum here BASED ON THE QUESTION TO THE MOD is if he asked the question in light of being Scum which tainted his answer, but we will never have that info at this point. Best to read the slot based on other things than what he PMed the mod. This is not rocket science... I believe we can figure this out.
In post 3748, Quick wrote:
In post 3744, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3737, Quick wrote:
In post 3734, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3731, davesaz wrote:
In post 3724, OkaPoka wrote:I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever.
So you care more about the vote than the discussion. Chainsaw perhaps?
I do care about the discussion? He's not clearly explaining his thoughts? He's being weirdly avoidant of tackling his mental thought process and is resorting to I'm lazy, and I don't care as his primary responses whenever there is a gap in play.
That's a shit reason to SR someone as someone who constantly gets lynched as Town for this...
its a good reason to scumread people because you aren't going to win anyways if there are so many townies s.t lynching all the deadweight will result in a loss. And raising the bar gives the wolves less room to hide.
Make your case he is Scum OUTSIDE of this mod PM business and I will hear you out.
In post 3759, Quick wrote:
In post 3755, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: quick

flavor leaf, lets team up
What exactly is your read on FL and why?
In post 3954, Quick wrote:
In post 3952, OkaPoka wrote:everytime i feel like narrowing my pool someone does something to keep it open

no fucking way jake,quick,nero,tse are all town. they are forming a mini bloc of their own and it just feels so wrong
Are you actually VT or do you cure people? Honest answers only pls.
In post 4047, Quick wrote:
In post 4044, Auro wrote:Nero, Oka's larger point is that at least they should be the objects of focus right now and not encouraging momentum in that direction atm is anti-town.
Sure but for how long, exactly? That's something Oka isn't telling us. Oka just wants to lynch between one of us. Given Jake does jack shit until D3, I would say Oka is pushing two slots that are both lynch bait.
In post 4070, Quick wrote:
In post 4068, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4037, Quick wrote:
In post 4033, OkaPoka wrote:fwiw ive played with quick before and he spent the entire game as town tunneling one player and they 1v1'd for almost the entire game while everyone else was engaged in a massive brawl
What game was that? You realize it's been a solid 2 years of therapy since then right?
newbie 1881
I was Scum that game. Wow.
In post 4074, Quick wrote:
In post 4071, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4070, Quick wrote:
In post 4068, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4037, Quick wrote:
In post 4033, OkaPoka wrote:fwiw ive played with quick before and he spent the entire game as town tunneling one player and they 1v1'd for almost the entire game while everyone else was engaged in a massive brawl
What game was that? You realize it's been a solid 2 years of therapy since then right?
newbie 1881
I was Scum that game. Wow.
wait really? lol oops
Yeah... Fucking "Oops" is right. How the fuck did you mess that up?
In post 4097, Quick wrote:
In post 4096, OkaPoka wrote:if you want to broaden the pool of suspects, you need to do some more casework imo because afaik you are pushing nahdia for things im not sure are indeed AI
Except Nhadia's reasons for voting me are objectively terrible and that is actually Scummy.
In post 4100, Quick wrote:
In post 4098, OkaPoka wrote:i am open to broadening the conversation soon fwiw, i just want a few slots to weigh in before we move on and they decide to latch onto other things and not talk about this
Who says you get to control the ship? FMPOV you could very well be Scum who has already slipped but people are too stupid to realize what I was saying and why it matters.

What a unique way how to create a wall.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Voted »

In post 4234, Aristophanes wrote:Both Quick and Tchill were posting heavily
Keep in mind that this is a cult game with 3 Cult Leader. A typical CL strategy is to stay in a shadow. Not to make the light shine on you.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Voted »

In post 4252, mastina wrote:Apologies. Had internet issues until just now, but with it being 3 am, continued content will have to wait until tomorrow.
Elaborate.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4285, Voted wrote:
In post 4252, mastina wrote:Apologies. Had internet issues until just now, but with it being 3 am, continued content will have to wait until tomorrow.
Elaborate.
Are you trying to cast shade on someone's RL situation?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Voted »

In post 4286, davesaz wrote:
In post 4285, Voted wrote:
Elaborate.
Are you trying to cast shade on someone's RL situation?
Nope. I am merely trying to make Mastina build another wall.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Quick »

Spoiler: They tell me: there is no place for you here; don't waste your time
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Quick »

In post 4283, Voted wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 4224, Quick wrote:
In post 3704, Quick wrote:Maybe you are just wrong and not them? How does that sound?
In post 3717, Quick wrote:No, that has not been demonstrated.
In post 3721, Quick wrote:Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
In post 3728, Quick wrote:Okay, so what is the case here exactly?
In post 3733, Quick wrote:Are you actually VT or do you cure people? Honest answers only pls.
In post 4047, Quick wrote:I was Scum that game. Wow.
In post 4074, Quick wrote:Except Nhadia's reasons for voting me are objectively terrible and that is actually Scummy.
In post 4100, Quick wrote:Who says you get to control the ship? FMPOV you could very well be Scum who has already slipped but people are too stupid to realize what I was saying and why it matters.

What a unique way how to create a wall.
Indeed. Just wanted to point out to Blair that I had adequate progression on my vote.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Quick »

In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4095, Quick wrote:
In post 4093, Nero Cain wrote:I disagree immensely that we should only be focusing on Jake/Quick but with 5 days till deadline I doubt anyone gets lynched but them. I think my criticism of the Jake wagon is valid here. Still don't really think that a scum Jake who knew that infected know they are infected sorta CC's voted there. It would have to be VERY VERY poor scum play if it was. I mean, it's not really impossible since scum I could see a newb scum go "hey, I'm going to throw some doubt on Voted and get him lynched!" If he's town though he'll make an ez hedge 4 scum and eat our night actions so he makes for a decent d2 lynch. Consider my vote on Jake is sprit and I'll move there when I have to.
It really has nothing to do with that FMPOV. I would just gather that Jake was telling the truth about what the mod told him but him being Scum tainted the question he asked. That is if he is Scum here, but YMMV.
I don't know why this needs to be stated but I will state it anyway...

The Mod Should Never Tailor An Answer Based On Alignment!

I don't care what you think here, you're fucking making a ridiculous conjecture that I would call horrendous modding practices, and I have faith that is not the case! Literally mod-influences the game if this is the case! And IIRC we have been told that mod provided information will not be fallacious, therefore unless Jake buggered the question to no end, there is no fucling reason he got a different answer here! He has not re-asked it or reworded it (or at least not stated so publicly). He has not made any effort to right this. He merely LIED!

Maybe be misread the answer or misasked the question. Then he should goddamned say so! He is being so cagey about the whole damned thing it has gotten ridiculous and almost memetic! If he was given a different answer based on alignment I swear to god Imma be so flustered!

So Quick, how about you come back to reality and think this shit through before talking squarely out of your ass? Okay?
Okay.
Blatant misrept, bro. But you would never do this as Scum.

It would have been better for you to be Straight here and just say people want to PL my based on posting too much. Instead you said, "happy birthday" which means essentially nothing to me.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Quick »

Spoiler:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

honestly? I'm just kinda like "what the hell did Jake ask to get a no response when we all got yes'?"

I feel like the only 2 explanations here are he asked something else or he's just scum that tied to get voted lynched.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

now he's saying that he DID ask something else so hrmmmmm.....
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4254, Auro wrote:If you're asking why not, directing focus and letting Blair get into the game.
but you
ALWAYS
push amished and you aren't here so...... :?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4281, gobbledygook wrote:Nero, why the PL on Creature and not on someone like 5G?
b/c Creature is going to be useless as town and a distraction. and he post add nothing of value. I had thought that 5g had more content but he doesn't so he's a decent lynch as well.

50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 am

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 4141, Hoctac wrote:
In post 4139, Nero Cain wrote:i'd lynch hoctac for not sending me fruit
Tonight tonight, I promise. No way would scum roleblock me again
Spoiler:
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Auro »

In post 4294, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4254, Auro wrote:If you're asking why not, directing focus and letting Blair get into the game.
but you
ALWAYS
push amished and you aren't here so...... :?
I think Blair's high scum equity by virtue of her previous slotholder.
I didn't notice the Amished tell here.
I pushed Amished once, partly as a cheeky response to another slot pushing a slot I townread for it... So that's quite a stretch :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Auro »

In post 4280, gobbledygook wrote:I find the scummiest thing about that slot to be Elements play.
Describe.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 am

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 4160, pisskop wrote:Youre all dumb and I think Bingle is scum
?? When did he even join the game?
This is a hydra of