Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Mafia Invictus Redux [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Modded by Prism, backup modded by fferyllt.
Designed by Prism and reviewed by fferyllt and Isis. Original concept by Vi.
Ruleset stolen from Hectic, and for formatting I am greatly indebted to northsidegal.

Selah, the last bastion of the now-obscure Lamborghini Mafia, is set on a collision course with modernity after Tesla announces it as the location of a brand-new Gigafactory. These once secluded streets will soon be overrun with the Model S, hordes of Cybertrucks, and the booming business of new residents. While others might balk at the rapid change of pace, the citizens of Selah have grown impatient with a life stuck a hundred years in the past. Tired of settling for ceiling fans and running water, they now yearn for electric cars, the iPhone, Ethereum, and TikTok.

But the Lamborghini Mafia is not so eager. Nothing is more dangerous than a cornered and wounded animal, and the Lamborghini Mafia is a dying breed. In one last bid to survive, it's time for the corporation to get anti-corporate.

Game Status

Game Over! And the result was...

Spoiler:
A victory for the Lamborghini Mafia!

Players

Spoiler:
1. Bell
2. Fey
3. fireisredsir
4. Lady Lambdadelta
5. Malakittens
takotsubo syndrome

6. Lukewarm
7. Dunnstral
8. Rhyme and Reason (Menalque + Something_Smart)
9. Meuh
10. Val89
11. marcistar
12. Dwlee99
13. Gammagooey
14. Kovu
15. VP Baltar
16. Datisi
17. LavarManos
18. Enchant
19. SirCakez
20. gorilla

Full Battery

Spoiler:
1. fireisredsir,
Lamborghini Mafia Neighbor
, survived and won on Day 6!
2. Kovu,
Tesla Neighbor
, was endgamed on Day 6!

Stopped Short of the Superchargers

Spoiler:
1. LavarManos,
Tesla Fanatic
, was eliminated on Day 1!
2. Lady Lambdadelta,
Tesla Fanatic
, was killed on Night 1!
3. Datisi,
Tesla Fanatic
, was killed on Night 1!
4. marcistar,
Lamborghini Mafia Goon
, was eliminated on Day 2!
5. VP Baltar,
Tesla Fruit Vendor
, was killed on Night 2!
6. Lukewarm,
Tesla Night 2 Vigilante
, was killed on Night 2!
7. Malakittens,
Tesla 1-Shot Cop
, was killed on Night 2!
8. Dwlee99,
Tesla Fanatic
, was killed on Night 2!
9. Enchant,
Tesla Fanatic
, was eliminated on Day 3!
10. Val89,
Tesla Novice Traffic Analyst
, was killed on Night 3!
11. SirCakez,
Tesla Neighborizer
, was killed on Night 3!
12. gorilla,
Tesla Bodyguard
, was eliminated on Day 4!
13. Bell,
Tesla 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor
, was killed on Night 4!
14. Dunnstral,
Tarhalindur, Sir Miles Axlerod Over Mafia
, was killed on Night 4!
15. Meuh,
Tesla Fanatic
, was eliminated on Day 5!
16. Rhyme and Reason,
Tesla Fanatic
, was killed on Night 5!
17. Gammagooey,
Lamborghini Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker
, was killed on Night 5!
18. Fey,
Tesla 2-Shot Detective
, was eliminated on Day 6!

Events

Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Ruleset

1. Fundamentals
  • All site-wide rules apply. Read and respect them.
  • This is a game. Have fun, and keep the game fun for other people. This might be the most important rule.
  • There is no personal communication regarding this game outside of this gamethread & associated PTs.
  • Do not quote any private communication (either real or fabricated) with the moderator, backup moderator (fferyllt), or fellow players. Do not reference timestamps of private communication.
  • Quoting directly from your role PM is not allowed.
  • Heated discussion and debate is allowed, but personal attacks are not. I reserve the right to protect my players, and all other community members. Please PM myself and/or the backup moderator, fferyllt, if you feel something needs our immediate intervention.
  • Play to your win condition.

2. Phases & Activity

• Day phases will have a 7 day deadline with the possibility for extensions for replacements. All Night phases will last 48 hours with the possibility for extensions for replacements.
  • Please post at least once every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded.
  • At the time you would receive a third prod, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours, you will be force replaced.
    • I have made a global V/LA accommodation for Monday, May 30th. The 24 hours of that day, generally judged by using Eastern Standard Time, will not count against minimum activity requirements, and I will not take them into account when issuing prods.
  • If you have equaled or exceeded your post count for the gameday, you may post a vote to reset the prod timer without penalty.
  • Votes must not be spoilered and should be formatted as VOTE: Player or
    Vote: Player
    , or they will not be counted. Abbreviating someone's name is acceptable, so long as I can discern who you were voting for without trouble. If I think it should count as a vote, it will.
  • Unvoting is not required, but is much appreciated.
  • The following is a list of outlawed shenanigans:
    • Using invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
    • Using provable randomness (eg. dice tags)
    • Editing your posts (if you have the power to do so)
    • Quoting any PTs you may have access to
  • If any of these offenses are committed, I have the right to force-replace you from the game, or, with listmod permission, modkill you.

3. Posting Restrictions

• This game features a post cap. Each slot will be allowed 125 posts per dayphase, with 10 posts held in emergency reserve for the entire game.
  • If you have equaled or exceed your allotted posts for the dayphase, you may place a vote accompanied by no other text, images, etc. without penalty or having it count against your reserves. This does not kick in until after you have hit the cap.
  • Stick to the spirit of the restriction. This vote should not be used to send any further messages, answer any direct questions, or otherwise express more than a vote. Do not repeatedly vote for emphasis, do not try to declare a PoE, do not play telephone with another player. If I think you are doing so, I will count it against your reserves and potentially forcereplace you.

• For players who have not exceeded their postcap, this also means not trying to play telephone with those who have. Asking questions to be answered later is fine. Asking questions to be answered with a symbolic vote is not. I will be the judge of this. You have been warned.
  • If you exceed your emergency reserve, you will be immediately force replaced.
  • All replacements, regardless of reason, will be allowed a bare minimum of 25 posts on replace-in.
  • I'm serious about not gaming the free vote privilege. You signed up for a post-restricted game.
  • I will include a spoilered count of each players' daystart postcount, and their
    current
    remaining reserves, with every votecount. Subtract it from your current postcount to get how many posts you've made at a given time. See the FAQ for how to get your current postcount.

4. Miscellaneous

• My mod color is #CD2600; normally I'd say don't use it or anything similar, but in mafia red is a difficult color to outlaw.
    • Instead I will just say:
      Do not attempt to impersonate me, do not attempt to give the slightest appearance of it.
  • Feel free to address me in-thread, but if there is a particularly egregious mistake please PM me. Small matters like errors in the votecount can be posted in-thread.
  • I have the final say on any issue. If you disagree with any action or inaction taken by me, feel free to PM myself or the relevant listmod, T-Bone.
  • While I have tried to be thorough, I reserve the right to take corrective action with or without warning for any issue I feel was omitted in this ruleset.
Last edited by Prism on Sat May 28, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Sample Role PM & Miscellaneous Setup Info

Tesla Fanatic (VT) Sample PM

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Prism, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Master of My Fate, Captain of My Soul (Invictus):
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

In addition to their role PM, all players received the same confirmation message. This can be found below:

Role PM Addenda & Confirmation Message

You have 36 hours to confirm by posting in your private thread with your role name and the name of your first Invictus target, if applicable.

Please note this game features an individual posting cap of 125 posts per day for each slot, with an emergency buffer of 10 posts held in reserve for the entire game. Please consult the Ruleset and FAQ posts for further information.

The game will start when 17/20 players have confirmed, and you can find the gamethread here.

Additional Miscellaneous Quotes from the Signup Thread

The following is a collection of quotes from the signup thread. While I have tried my best to include all pertinent information in the Ruleset & FAQ, you may find these posts here for completeness.

Spoiler: Quotes about the setup from the signup thread
In post 0, Prism wrote:
Setup InformationMafia Invictus Redux is a 20p Large Theme, a revamp of 2011's Mafia Invictus designed and run by Vi.

The core mechanic of this game is the Invictus, a vengeshot for players killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot (ie. No extended domino effect), or modkill. It can be expected that most or all of the players have access to this ability. Unlike the original game, parity checks for win condition are made
after
Invictus shots are resolved.

Deadlines will be 7 days for the day phase and 2 days for the night phase. This game does not meet Normal guidelines, but is non-bastard and it can be expected that roles are either relatively common/standard or are simple variations to interact with the Invictus. For example, a Mafia Godfather or a Town Invictus Bulletproof would be fair game while an Iambic Pentameter Post-Restricted Townie or a Mafia Global Role Randomizer would not be.
Exactly one role may have abilities that exceed this scope and violate the above guidelines.
However, there is a moderator guarantee of no alignment changes.

Finally, this game will have an individual posting cap of 125 that resets at the start of every gameday, with a safety buffer of 10 held in reserve for the entire game. I will provide daystart postcount numbers in order to assist you in keeping track. Players that exceed their reserve will be immediately force-replaced, with an allocation of 25 posts minimum provided for any replacements. Players will be allowed to change vote after exceeding the cap provided it is accompanied by no other text and is not an attempt to telegraph a more extended message as judged by the moderator.
In post 18, Prism wrote:
In post 17, Something_Smart wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens if someone has reached their post limit and falls into prod range?
I didn't want to make the explanation too lengthy, but you are allowed to merely reaffirm your vote to reset the prod timer. My original wording for the vote loophole has "change vote" because I don't want people repeatedly revoting for emphasis and to badger others around, but as long as you're not doing that it's fine. If I think you're abusing the privilege I will count it against your reserves.

I would discourage you from speedrunning it to 125 posts and leaving yourself with 0 for a week's worth of dayphase, but it will be an option this game!
In post 20, Prism wrote:I've tried to make the post cap such that it is unambiguous and relies as little on moderator/player judgment as possible, but the "cap exceeded" vote posts are the one remainder.

Stick to the spirit of the restriction+accommodation, if you're swapping votes as wagons come and go I'm unlikely to balk even if it happens quickly. If you make 3 votes in the span of a minute expressing a
de facto
PoE, as a direct response to player questions, or repeatedly place the same vote to express vehement opposition, expect me to crack down and count them against the reserves.
Last edited by Prism on Wed May 25, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Prism »

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I don't understand what the Invictus is, please help me?
  • It's essentially a vengekill of your choice. That said, it doesn't trigger on the day elimination or on another Invictus (which would create a chain reaction). It also doesn't trigger on a modkill which would be nonsense. Examples of actions that may trigger Invictus: Factional nightkills, factional daykills, vigilante nightkills, vigilante daykills, fferyllt poisoning your food, etc.

2. What do you mean it doesn't chain?
  • If you get killed by another Invictus shot, yours doesn't trigger. Sorry. Deal with it.

3. Can I choose to target no one for my Invictus shot?
  • Yes. It is valid to target no one.

4. Does everyone have access to Invictus?
  • It can be expected that most or all players have access to Invictus.

5. When do parity checks happen?
  • Unlike the original game, any outstanding Invictus kills are resolved before checking for parity for win conditions.

6. Is this game Normal?
  • This game does not meet Normal guidelines, but is non-bastard and it can be expected that roles are either relatively common/standard or are simple variations to interact with the Invictus. For example, a Mafia Godfather or a Town Invictus Bulletproof would be fair game while an Iambic Pentameter Post-Restricted Townie or a Mafia Global Role Randomizer would not be.
    Exactly one role may have abilities that exceed this scope and violate the above guidelines.
    However, there is a moderator guarantee of no alignment changes.

7. I'm worried about the postcap. How do I keep track of how many posts I've made, and how do I check my current postcount or reserves?
  • Every votecount will include the number of posts you had at the start of the dayphase, along with your
    current
    count of reserve posts. There are a few different ways to check your current postcount, but I recommend using the "Activity overview" button at the bottom right of the page and finding your name and current postcount. From there, simply subtract the posts you had at the start of the day to find how many posts you've made.

Here are some helpful images to help you find these options:

For those of you counting other ways, be careful when using your ISO to count: It starts counting at zero rather than at one!

8. I ran out of posts and don't want to use my reserves and get force replaced! What do I do?
  • After you hit the cap, you are allowed to place a vote without penalty provided it is accompanied by no other text, images, etc. See the "Posting Restrictions" section of the rules. Don't play telephone, don't try and abuse this. Remember that you signed up for a game with a postcap, so stick to the spirit of it!
Last edited by Prism on Thu May 26, 2022 4:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed May 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Prism »

FLAVOR
"Look, I know I should have taken this proposition to the board before announcing it on Twitter, but I swear I've done my research. No taxes, no corporate regulation, it's a libertarian paradise. What could possibly go wrong there? It's in the middle of nowhere-perfect for a new modern, forward-thinking utopia...Have you ever read Atlas Shrugged?"

"We're willing to go along with you this time, Elon, but our patience is running thin. Is the city council even friendly? You didn't even try to see what extra tax breaks or subsidies we could get. Who are these people? Can you at least get us a roster, basic demographics?"

"Always sticklers for the stuff that doesn't matter, never sticklers for the things that do. Shortsighted. Whatever. You'll have your report tomorrow...I'll ask around, someone's bound to have something credible."

All Role PMs have now been sent. The game will start when 17/20 players have confirmed.

All players have confirmed.

Players have approximately 36 hours to confirm before I seek a replacement: (expired on 2022-05-27 15:00:00)
Last edited by Prism on Fri May 27, 2022 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Thu May 26, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Prism »

17/20 players have confirmed. The game will begin momentarily. The remaining players will have until deadline to confirm; merely posting in this thread is not sufficient.

Please note that I made some minor changes to the ruleset & FAQ over the last 12 hours. The vast majority of these changes are stylistic fixes or minor wording edits for clarity.

However, there is one important addition to the FAQ that I would like to further highlight here:

3. Can I choose to target no one for my Invictus shot?
  • Yes. It is valid to target no one.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Thu May 26, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.0

FLAVOR
A new Gigafactory? Here, in Selah? Was Elon joking?

The residents were stunned. A nervous excitement filled the air. A Gigafactory brought promise: jobs, security...modernity. Selah had been spent thousands of years on the periphery of history. To most governments, Selah was just the human equivalent of a landfill.

Finally someone saw its true value! The residents may have had some concerns about an industrial titan headed by a man who was constantly in trouble with the SEC, still used an Edward Elric avatar at age 47, and arranged clandestine personal settlements, but they had little concerns about his money and the prospect of becoming a hub of technology and investment.

However, despite the general excitement, a common thread of fear ran through the town. Eleven years ago, the citizens of Selah had tried to seize the day once and failed. The Lamborghini Mafia burned the town of Selah to the ground, and the rebuild had been painful. The Lamborghini Mafia's resources had dwindled, and even at its peak they would have been no match for the resources of an organized and committed Tesla. With Tesla's help, Selah might finally succeed in becoming the captain of its own fate...or at least subservient to less violent opportunists.

Still, there's no way the Lamborghini Mafia will roll over and allow themselves to be replaced, swept away from their final stronghold. Things might get bloody.

Things WILL get bloody.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(20)
Bell, Fey, fireisredsir, Lady Lambdadelta, takotsubo syndrome, Lukewarm, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Val89, marcistar, Dwlee99, Gammagooey, Kovu, VP Baltar, Datisi, LavarManos, Enchant, SirCakez, gorilla

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-03 13:48:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
takotsubo syndrome
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Thu May 26, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Prism »

Day 1 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-03 13:48:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sat May 28, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Thu May 26, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.1

FLAVOR
"What do you mean it just HAPPENED?", screamed the fuming Lamborghini Mafia enforcer. "What am I going to tell your wife when they find your bones in a concrete filled 50 gallon drum? It just HAPPENED?"

"I-I'm serious, we had nothing to do with this! I've only ever put forward the measures you people wanted, voted exactly how you told me to, I'm only ELECTED because of you, I've never even TALKED to someone from Tes-," shrieked the panicked city official.

"SHUT IT" "But I-" "I SAID SHUT IT, COUNCILMAN"

"Good. Now listen: I don't know or care how a 700-billion-dollar company and its clown of a space cowboy decided to move here. What I do know is you're going to fix it. The land's not for sale. No lease. Doesn't matter where it is. They find somebody, you tell me and I find that somebody. No subsidies, no tax breaks. Capiche?"

"...Yes sir. Not for sale, no desire for industry. We're thinking of raising taxes, actually..."

PlayerVotes
Datisi
(6)
VP Baltar (16), marcistar (19), Val89 (32), takotsubo syndrome (34), Rhyme and Reason (39), Fey (49)
VP Baltar
(3)
fireisredsir (9), Datisi (11), Dwlee99 (17)
Meuh
(2)
LavarManos (72), Gammagooey (96)
takotsubo syndrome
(1)
Meuh (63)
LavarManos
(1)
gorilla (92)
marcistar
(1)
Lukewarm (94)
Not Voting
(6)
Bell, Lady Lambdadelta, Dunnstral, Kovu, Enchant, SirCakez

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-03 13:48:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
takotsubo syndrome
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #250 (isolation #9) » Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.2

FLAVOR
"What'll happen to this place when Tesla moves in, Dale? You dodged the fires of '11, but you think this'll do you in?" asked Tom before taking the first bite of his pulled pork sandwich.

"What do you mean? Plenty of new business, them folks gotta eat and you know I work hard, got the best food in town. All fresh. I'm excited, might finally be able to buy a new truck. Heard they got one...or will soon"

"Yeah, they eat soybeans and lab meat and organic seaweed and all sorts of crap. They ain't got no personality, all buildings of glass and fake marble, all lookin' the same. Even if one or two of 'em do got a lick of sense, property taxes gonna go up, rent's gonna go up, it's all gonna go up. I'd sure hate to see you go but you're probably better off rentin' or sellin'."

"Well you just wait and see how they like the coleslaw. Ain't never heard your kid complain!"

PlayerVotes
Datisi
(5)
marcistar (19), Val89 (32), Rhyme and Reason (39), Fey (49), SirCakez (196)
LavarManos
(4)
gorilla (92), Kovu (166), Meuh (173), fireisredsir (191)
marcistar
(3)
Lukewarm (94), VP Baltar (182), Dwlee99 (199)
Bell
(3)
Lady Lambdadelta (175), Gammagooey (201), Datisi (239)
Meuh
(1)
LavarManos (72)
Not Voting
(4)
Bell, Dunnstral, Enchant, takotsubo syndrome (130)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
takotsubo syndrome
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #251 (isolation #10) » Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Prism »

After observing the amount of V/LA notifications/requests made for this weekend, which is a holiday weekend in the United States, I have decided to make a global accommodation for Memorial Day.

The 24 hours of Monday, May 30th, will not count against minimum activity requirements, and I will not count those 24 hours when issuing any prods. I will generally use Eastern Standard Time but as I am not restricting this to just American players, I can revoke a prod that happens as a result of you being elsewhere and thus slightly off. I will make a note of this change in the Ruleset.

The deadline has been revised to add 24 hours in light of the above. This will be updated both in the OP & in previous votecounts.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and enjoy any trips or vacations you may be on!

The new Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-03 13:48:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #262 (isolation #11) » Sat May 28, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Prism »

In post 254, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 182, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 99, Lukewarm wrote:I would like to point out that Marci voted Datisi in post 19 saying "I THINK HE COULD BE SCUM"

But the reason being presented once he became a real wagon was because he was ignoring votes - which distinctly cannot be the reason why she voted him originally in post 19, because Datisi had zero posts between Baltar casting the first vote on Datisi and Marci voting Datisi
UNVOTE:
VOTE: marci

Doing my daily catch up currently, but I think fire's exchange with marci probing their thought process and how it doesn't actually track (posts 84 and 86), as well as Marci's tepid response, combined with luke's point here are pretty solid reasons to think Marci could be scum who got a little too overconfident early.
mod, you missed my vote move
This has been corrected, thank you for pointing out it!

I am counting all votes by hand and know I am extremely fallible, so please follow Baltar's example and correct me, publicly or privately, if you notice I have made any errors!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #351 (isolation #12) » Sun May 29, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.3

FLAVOR
"Elon, are you hungry?" asks Grimes.

"Yeah, but I'm trying not to be."

"Well, I am and I was thinking we could eat soon? Sushi, steak, somewhere on Venice Beach? How about sweetgreen? Maybe Chipotle?"

Elon sits and ponders thoughtfully. Silence.

"No, too expensive, too time consuming. I've got an idea."

"Don't tell me, Elon, not again, we have CHIL-"

Elon walks across the miniature home and throws open the small cabinet.

THE PEANUT BUTTER

And in his eyes beaming with pride, the arms spread showcasing the array of jars creamy, chunky, and totally generic all lined up behind him, Grimes is lost. She is lost.

He tosses her a spoon, perfect throw, and a nervous but executed snatch in reply. The sheer magnetism of this man, the pheromones are overwhelming. She gives in, her dreams of elite or bourgeois dining now a distant memory.

"...God you are so irresistible sometimes"

PlayerVotes
Bell
(7)
Lady Lambdadelta (175), Gammagooey (201), Datisi (239), VP Baltar (258), Fey (279), Dwlee99 (305), Rhyme and Reason (316)
LavarManos
(3)
gorilla (92), Kovu (166), fireisredsir (191)
Datisi
(3)
marcistar (19), Val89 (32), SirCakez (196)
takotsubo syndrome
(2)
LavarManos (290), Enchant (317)
marcistar
(1)
Lukewarm (94)
Enchant
(1)
Meuh (329)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (301)
Not Voting
(2)
Dunnstral, takotsubo syndrome (130)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
takotsubo syndrome
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #352 (isolation #13) » Sun May 29, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Prism »

Val89 has been prodded. As a result of the Memorial Day accommodation, he has 48 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Last edited by Prism on Sun May 29, 2022 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #426 (isolation #14) » Sun May 29, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Prism »

SirCakez and Lady Lambdadelta have been prodded. As a result of the Memorial Day accommodation, they have 48 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #503 (isolation #15) » Sun May 29, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.4

FLAVOR
I've always been ambitious. I think it all started when I was a kid in South Africa. There I am, 10 years old. Cowboy boots and a Commodore VIC-20 on my lap. I loved video games, loved playing them, enjoying the worlds they created...and winning, god I loved winning. It was the first time I realized I was better than everyone else.

In games, you're this special character. You're destined to win, even if sometimes you somehow lose to those boneheaded AI and have to start all over, in the end it's obvious you're better than it all. You beat all the bad guys, you save the day, you become king. Maybe even king of space. At some point, I just thought to myself "Why can't life be like this too? Why don't I be the hero, set the example for all the NPCs running around out there?"

So I did.

PlayerVotes
Bell
(5)
Lady Lambdadelta (175), Datisi (239), Fey (279), Dwlee99 (305), Rhyme and Reason (316)
marcistar
(3)
VP Baltar (479), Kovu (486), Gammagooey (497)
Datisi
(2)
marcistar (19), Val89 (32)
takotsubo syndrome
(2)
LavarManos (290), Enchant (317)
VP Baltar
(2)
gorilla (363), Meuh (373)
LavarManos
(1)
fireisredsir (191)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (301)
Val89
(1)
Lukewarm (489)
Not Voting
(3)
Dunnstral, takotsubo syndrome (130), SirCakez (441)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
takotsubo syndrome
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #539 (isolation #16) » Mon May 30, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Prism »

By request, Malakittens replaces takotsubo syndrome.

This is a simple account swap for convenience. The accounts share the same owner.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #633 (isolation #17) » Tue May 31, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.5

FLAVOR
Another day of school, another daydream. Esther is listless, tuning out precalculus in favor of TikTok shorts playing through the airpods tucked behind her hair.

Who are all these people with LED lights in their room, pools in their backyard, electric cars and delicious looking food? She was tired of that old diner downtown, and as much as she loved the goats back home, she figured she'd just get a cat when she moved to the city.

The last short was of a bunch of teenagers having fun, partying it up on the beach. They even had a drone shot. The only drone in Selah, bought by Isaac a year above with the money he earned from saving up last summer, got shot down by old man Ryan who called it the 5G machine and said he saw something about Bill Gates on TV. Isaac made him pay for it but said he figured there was no point in rebuying it, it'd just happen again. He bought a new bicycle instead.

Another school year will come and go, but graduation still seems a world away. Los Angeles, New York City, they all still seemed so far away, but who knows? With Tesla moving in, maybe the city'd come to her instead.

"Esther, what's that in your ear? Did you take my hearing aid?" Damn, the teacher finally caught on!

PlayerVotes
Bell
(3)
Lady Lambdadelta (175), Dwlee99 (305), Rhyme and Reason (316)
Val89
(3)
Lukewarm (489), gorilla (544), LavarManos (600)
SirCakez
(3)
Bell (301), fireisredsir (586), Meuh (616)
Datisi
(2)
VP Baltar
(2)
SirCakez (529), Fey (560)
Malakittens
(1)
Enchant (317)
marcistar
(1)
Gammagooey (497)
LavarManos
(1)
Kovu (506)
Dwlee99
(1)
VP Baltar (620)
Meuh
(1)
Datisi (627)
Not Voting
(2)
Dunnstral, Malakittens (130)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #778 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.6

FLAVOR
farmboykilla40: @elonmusk Where do we apply to work at the factory? live in selah 8:38 AM May 21st, 2022
farmboykilla40: @elonmusk young, strong, eager to work, happy to do long hours 12:32 PM May 21st, 2022
farmboykilla40: @elonmusk really excited by the company btw 12:35 PM May 21st, 2022
farmboykilla40: @elonmusk @tesla where do i send resume? 8:37 AM May 22nd, 2022
farmboykilla40: @elonmusk i really want to work at tesla please respond 1:00 PM May 22nd, 2022
fferyllt: @farmboykilla40 I don't think that is how this works. Have you checked their website, maybe they have their job listings posted? 1:15 PM May 22nd, 2022
farmboykilla40: @fferyllt do you know how to get in touch with elon? @elonmusk @tesla 1:21 PM May 22nd, 2022

PlayerVotes
marcistar
(7)
Gammagooey (497), gorilla (701), VP Baltar (702), Datisi (703), fireisredsir (713), SirCakez (717), LavarManos (775)
Datisi
(2)
Bell
(2)
Lady Lambdadelta (175), Rhyme and Reason (316)
VP Baltar
(2)
Fey (560), Dwlee99 (692)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (301)
Val89
(1)
Lukewarm (489)
Meuh
(1)
Kovu (627)
Lady Lambdadelta
(1)
Enchant (759)
Rhyme and Reason
(1)
Meuh (757)
Not Voting
(2)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #952 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.7

FLAVOR
I first took power 12 years ago, the only man to make it out of the bloodbath with his head still above the water. I always thought I knew how I'd go. I fought like hell to prevent it, sure, but there was never any doubt in my mind that I'd die violently and gruesomely, like an animal.

That first year was especially frightening. Some called me harsh, and they're right. I did things I wasn't proud of to consolidate my power. When the citizens of Selah rose up in revolt, it scared the shit out of me. It was like I spent 10 minutes slipping around on ice, only to have a rug pulled out from under me the second I got off the rink.

The years of Bugatti Mafia encroachment were small fry in comparison, but they were persistent...and always still dangerous. Even they won't touch this, though..

Who could have seen this coming? It's not the 1950s anymore. Criminal outfits can't go against corporations with more economic output than entire countries, not anymore. We're not the cartels, our heyday's long past. You try to extort a company of Tesla's size and you'll have a whole army of feds swarming down on you. No partnerships, either: These people are serious. Audits, shareholders, consultants, federal and state inspectors, the works. Where's the business in that? Siphoning off a couple of "faulty" batteries from the line? Hell no.

Still, there are other ways to get them to leave. This is still our turf, and I'm not looking forward to a peaceful retirement.

PlayerVotes
LavarManos
(7)
gorilla (790), Lukewarm (796), VP Baltar (798), fireisredsir (800), Rhyme and Reason (801), Val89 (803), Meuh (822)
marcistar
(3)
Gammagooey (497), Datisi (703), SirCakez (717)
VP Baltar
(2)
Fey (560), Dwlee99 (692)
Datisi
(2)
marcistar (19), LavarManos (950)
Bell
(1)
Lady Lambdadelta (175)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (301)
Lady Lambdadelta
(1)
Enchant (759)
Rhyme and Reason
(1)
Kovu (880)
Not Voting
(2)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1102 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.8

FLAVOR
"You know Tesla wasn't even the first electric car?"

"Yeah, what you think, I live under a rock? I've seen a Prius."

"No no no, those are hybrids. There's a difference. The Teslas are full electric, but they still ain't the first...Used to be all the rage back before the first world war. My family had one in Chicago, my grandpa's father, back before they lost all the money and moved out here. A Detroit Electric"

"They drive that thing out to Selah? Where'd you plug it in at?"

"Hell no they didn't drive that thing to Selah...My grandpa told me it went 80 miles on a single battery. Wouldn't even get close, don't matter where you stop over."

"Not bad, but some things never change I guess. I'd like to see Elon try and drive out here in one of those cars, see how long it lasts."

PlayerVotes
LavarManos
(9)
gorilla (790), Lukewarm (796), fireisredsir (800), Val89 (803), Meuh (822), Dwlee99 (953), Datisi (962), Bell (1014), Dunnstral (1090)
Dwlee99
(6)
Kovu (1009), Fey (1011), Lady Lambdadelta (1013), Gammagooey (1022), VP Baltar (1032), SirCakez (1034)
Datisi
(2)
marcistar (19), LavarManos (950)
Lady Lambdadelta
(1)
Enchant (759)
Not Voting
(2)
Malakittens (130), Rhyme and Reason (964)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1152 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.9

FLAVOR
A cheer erupts from the crowd as Elon takes the stage at the Asimov SuperLARP Conference 2022

"Ladies, gentlemen, aspiring androids and cybergoths, today is a big day! I'm here to announce that our new Gigafactory at Selah will be pumping out our first Cybertrucks starting April 2023!"

He sweats nervously, remembering that the Gigafactory hasn't even been built yet. Probably the government's fault.

"I first thought of the Cybertruck while playing Superman 64 and wishing I was in one of the cars. As you can see, behind me is our latest revision with the "Cybertank" tread modification. So stay on the lookout you January 6ers, you might get up to Capitol Hill yet!"

Laughter erupts and the crowd is enamored. Quick to seize the chance, Elon speaks.

"Here's another thing to get excited for: I have a special surprise for you today! Can I get a volunteer from the audience?"

PlayerVotes
LavarManos
(11)
gorilla (790), Lukewarm (796), fireisredsir (800), Val89 (803), Meuh (822), Dwlee99 (953), Datisi (962), Bell (1014), Dunnstral (1090), VP Baltar (1123), Enchant (1134)
Dwlee99
(5)
Kovu (1009), Fey (1011), Lady Lambdadelta (1013), Gammagooey (1022), SirCakez (1034)
Datisi
(2)
LavarManos (950), marcistar (1116)
Not Voting
(2)
Malakittens (130), Rhyme and Reason (964)

An elimination has been achieved! Day 1 is over, stand by for resolution.

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Lady Lambdadelta
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Datisi
LavarManos
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1153 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Prism »

Day 1 End

FLAVOR
One thousand excited hands reach to the ceiling, pleading in response to Elon's question for a volunteer.

"Tell you what, there's just too many of you. Whoever catches this copy of Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" gets to come up! Blake, if you don't mind..."

An assistant appears, hands Elon the book. Elon throws the book into the crowd, and one person shuffles forth with it in hand: LavarManos.

"Now, if you recall in 2019, our bulletproof glass was resilient but didn't quite make the cut in the demonstration."

"We're here to correct that, and we're willing to bet on it! Lavar, nice name by the way, would you please step inside the car? Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about..."

LavarManos eagerly steps through the door, and Elon closes it behind them. Turning to face the masses, Elon once again addresses the audience.

"Now everyone raise your hand if you think this window will stop a real 95 millimeter French cannon from World War 1! Blake, if you would..."

LavarManos has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: LavarManos

LavarManos, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Night 1 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-05 11:45:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1154 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Prism »

Day 2 Start

FLAVOR
Lady Lambdadelta always was the talk of Selah. In a town with little fortunes to be had, somehow she had struck it rich two or three times over. She was, by far, the richest bird in town, as rich as you could be in Selah, even if no one knew exactly how much she had.

Always tooling with fire and harnessed energy in her younger days, she first made it big by buying up the seemingly useless bedrock nearby, only to lease it for fracking in the abandoned bedrock nearby. From there, she expanded her investments substantially, and eventually pivoted to solar and wind.

She mostly kept to herself nowadays, but there were rumors that it wasn't always that way. Her initial funding was always a mystery, and some say that her first backers were the Lamborghini Mafia. With the pivot to renewables, and her known connections in the industry, no one was surprised when one day she failed to show up to a scheduled brunch. She had disappeared without a trace, an ominous omen of the times yet ahead. Rummaging through her papers they found where her true loyalties lied.

Perhaps more surprising was the disappearance of Datisi, an aspiring young artist. Always lost in his own head, tripping over his feet and his words, and rambling about video games and the internet, he was a sign of the changing times. He had a passion for landscape paintings, and the day after Lady Lambdadelta's disappearance he took a trip out to the old fracking grounds.

He had a vision for a piece: A landscape of the ancient rocky hillsides to the left, transitioning into the industrial extraction gear in the center, before finally passing the baton off to the solar panels on the right. He was looking for the right angle, exploring the abandoned equipment, climbing up and down various hillsides to find the right perspective.

Eventually, vowing that his clumsy nature would not stop him this time, he tried to climb up one of the old drilling rig for a quick selfie and a sketch. All it took was a sudden wind, a blowing spirit, to send him tumbling down. A very different kind of painting was left below.

Lady Lambdadelta has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Lady Lambdadelta

Lady Lambdadelta, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Her determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Datisi has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: Datisi

Datisi, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Day 2 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00)
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1155 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.0

FLAVOR
A new day dawns in Selah, now short three residents. For a town this small, let's see...Well, let's not get caught up in percentages. Two disappearances are nothing to sneeze at for a small town, but that's nothing to a corporation the size of Tesla. The disappearances weren't even brought up to Elon or the board. Lavar's death was another matter but, well, they've got a legal team and have made the necessary payments. The Cybertruck's definitely getting delayed, but that window held up better than anyone imagined, and people are more excited than ever. Elon just got greedy by asking to fire a second shot.

It's got enough bodies to run the Gigafactory, and if it doesn't new residents will just come in. There will be money here soon, money the likes of which even Lady Lambdadelta could have never imagined.

The deaths were mysterious and whispers spread through Selah, but no one could definitely say it was the result of the Lamborghini Mafia. Maybe they really would let the town go peacefully after all. That's what everyone hoped, anyway.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(17)
Bell, Fey, fireisredsir, Malakittens, Lukewarm, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Val89, marcistar, Dwlee99, Gammagooey, Kovu, VP Baltar, Enchant, SirCakez, gorilla

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1361 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1340, Meuh wrote:A good bit of the reasoning would be against the rules to bring up which is meh
Do not make claims like this in any form.

If it would be against the rules to bring it up, don't discuss it or publicly claim it exists at all. I am leaving this instance up as an example and for the time since it has been posted, but expect me to make redactions and to come down more harshly in the future.

Do not discuss this instance further.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1376 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.1

FLAVOR
"What's this I got in the mail? Manslaughter charges? For what?", asked a flabbergasted Elon.

"Well, you twice shot a cannon at a person, which resulted in the totally foreseeable and preventable death of a human being." said the Los Angeles District Attorney, speaking over the phone.

"It was an accident, and they were behind glass! Strong glass!"

"Hence why we're charging you with manslaughter instead of murder. You're expected to appear at your arraignment on Friday, Elon."

"This is total bullshit. We already paid the family to settle, even though it totally wasn't our fault. Lavar knew the risk when they stepped in the car." Elon is stunned. The government truly tries to get in the way of innovation and progress at every turn.

"That was a civil case. This is criminal. You never told them you were firing a cannon at them, and you instead are on record as telling the deceased "Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about". I think there was plenty to worry about for a reasonable person.", replied the DA.

"Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. I wasn't even the one who fired that cannon!" Elon hangs up, and briefly considers throwing his phone. He remembers it is the key to making this problem go away, and instead opens up Twitter. He knows exactly how to fix this.

...But man, just think of the headlines! No such thing as bad publicity!

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(4)
Enchant (1291), Meuh (1292), Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301)
Meuh
(4)
Fey (1168), VP Baltar (1221), fireisredsir (1348), Kovu (1360)
SirCakez
(2)
Lukewarm (1195), Val89 (1196)
Val89
(1)
SirCakez (1165)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (1175)
Enchant
(1)
Gammagooey (1213)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Not Voting
(3)
Bell, Malakittens, Dwlee99

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1575 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.2

FLAVOR
The initial steps for the constructing the new Selah Gigafactory were put in motion. A team of engineers, land surveyors, and urban planners were underway, staking out prospective plots for the new plant.

"Plenty of land, but the roads suck. Kind of nice, gives us a blank slate, town will probably work with us on whatever we want to do. We definitely don't want it to be in the center of the place. Still, we want to pick somewhere that's not too far from the town."

One old plot of land piqued their curiosity. A bunch of old warehouses just outside of town, some burnt out wood and others just a pile of scorched sheet metal. The location was ideal and the scraps wouldn't be too hard to clear out. One of the buildings even still looked usable.

"I wonder what happened here. Seems like every building just about caught fire at some point or another."

"Not like they could afford a real fire department."

"Guess it's just a lot of old abandoned industry. You know teenagers and drug addicts, half of 'em pyromaniacs. Nothing else to do in a place like this."

One catches sight of yet another burnt-out wreck tucked behind one of the buildings. Staring from behind the fence, he lets out a whistle.

"Real nice car out back though, at least it was once."

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(4)
Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301), Meuh (1406), Lukewarm (1507)
Meuh
(3)
fireisredsir (1348), Kovu (1360), Malakittens (1445)
Dunnstral
(2)
gorilla (1175), Gammagooey (1391)
Gammagooey
(2)
marcistar (1239), Enchant (1455)
Dwlee99
(2)
Fey (1569), VP Baltar (1571)
Val89
(1)
SirCakez (1165)
SirCakez
(1)
Val89 (1196)
Not Voting
(2)
Dwlee99, Bell (1468)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1611 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Prism »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1700 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.3

FLAVOR
"You know, Selah is going to be the next Babylon, the next Rome, but bigger. Lasting. We're really starting from zero here, but one day it'll be the center of the all economic and cultural activity, the premier economic hub of the galaxy."

"You don't have to sell me on it anymore, Elon. We're already onboard and making plans. I think everyone's excited for the new Gigafactory."

"Tangibles are important but it's the name, the naming is also important. Selah is a Biblical word, stuck in the past. We're talking about the future here!"

"...What do you have in mind? I really don't want to touch on the family, Elon, but this needs to be palatable for the residents, they have a history and by every measure at least some sense of pride."

"Mother Hive Amestris-א0"

Who can question a visionary?

"We'll talk about it later, we can probably get the city council onboard and maybe they'll have some ideas. For now let's get back to the plant..."

PlayerVotes
Dwlee99
(6)
Fey (1569), VP Baltar (1571), Lukewarm (1577), Enchant (1587), fireisredsir (1590), Kovu (1641)
Dunnstral
(5)
gorilla (1175), Gammagooey (1391), SirCakez (1600), Meuh (1631), Dwlee99 (1644)
gorilla
(2)
Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301)
SirCakez
(1)
Val89 (1196)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Meuh
(1)
Malakittens (1445)
Not Voting
(1)
Bell (1468)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1783 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Prism »

While this is not the first occurrence of the game, now would be a good time to issue a global reminder to players to be mindful of each other's pronouns and identities. It is always worth the effort.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1826 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.4

FLAVOR
Every man has to stand for something, but it takes a special man to stand up for multiple things. I am that special man.

Freedom, industry, humanity are the pillars of my soul. I am unencumbered, I am fearless, I am an ENTREPRENEUR. This world would be lost without me, without the scattered few thousands of people like me but fundamentally worse than me.

Tesla and SpaceX are just the start of the next great wave of our technological future. Selah, or rather Mother Hive Amestris-א0, will be my magnum opus, starting with the Gigafactory but culminating as a spaceport and capital city of the galaxy.

And most importantly, the spice. I haven't found it yet, but my mining background tells me it's here somewhere under this sandy and sparsely populated ground. I've already grown back my hair. My eyes will turn the deepest blue, I'll become a leader of the people, I'll upload my brain into a computer and they will call me god emperor...of freedom.

PlayerVotes
Dwlee99
(6)
Fey (1569), VP Baltar (1571), Enchant (1587), fireisredsir (1590), Kovu (1641), Meuh (1727)
Meuh
(3)
Malakittens (1445), Dwlee99 (1748), gorilla (1766)
gorilla
(2)
Dunnstral
(2)
Gammagooey (1391), SirCakez (1600)
SirCakez
(2)
Val89 (1196), Lukewarm (1824)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Not Voting
(1)
Bell (1468)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1951 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.5

FLAVOR
"Look, let's be candid. Tesla can't come here, they can't, you know it as well as I do. We're deadmeat if that goes through."

"It's not our fault, though. Can they really hold us accountable?"

"Can they hold us accountable? I got shaken down the other day and made very clear that I'm being held VERY accountable. We raise the fuck out of the property and sales taxes to scare them out of a deal. We lower them again when they leave."

"I told some of the surveyors and executives that visited we were planning on it. They were confused but it didn't really seem to make a difference. Apparently even our max is lower than most of the nation's, and one of the executives implied our successors would lower them even if we won't. We'll have to nip it in the bud early, just reject every building permit. They might still wait us out, but the Lamborghini Mafia surely can't blame us for that, right?"

"...Does anyone think this is really the right call? I'm scared, too, for me and my children...but the chance for my children, for all our children. Do we really have no spine? Are we really so firmly under their thumb?"

PlayerVotes
Dwlee99
(7)
Fey (1569), VP Baltar (1571), Enchant (1587), fireisredsir (1590), Kovu (1641), Meuh (1727), Lukewarm (1914)
gorilla
(2)
Dunnstral
(2)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Meuh
(1)
Malakittens (1445)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (1906)
Lukewarm
(1)
gorilla (1921)
VP Baltar
(1)
Dwlee99 (1924)
Not Voting
(1)
Val89 (1859)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2000 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Prism »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2112 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.6

FLAVOR
One of the few entertainment centers in Selah was an old two-lane bowling alley, the machinery held together more by spit, tape, and love of the game than by the replacement parts afforded by a solid cashflow.

The expansion of Selah posed a unique challenge and excitement to Gerald, the aging, hobbyist proprietor. He looked forward to the increased patrons, maybe some of them more respectful than the teenagers. Maybe he'd finally be able to redo the lanes and fix the machines. Hell, maybe he should go ahead and seek out a loan to expand the building, set up a few more in anticipation.

Other ideas started swimming through his mind, next steps, dreams of a full league running here in his alleys, of the tour coming here...but with new people, young blood, came new anxieties.

He saw that kids nowadays had no respect for the game, at least not here. What would make the Tesla people any different? Maybe he should open a karaoke bar or a Top Golf here instead. Either way, he's still going to have to give the Lamborghini Mafia their cut. Damn thieves. He pictured them all lined up, with a grenade in his hand. Wouldn't that be the strike of the century?

PlayerVotes
Dwlee99
(5)
Fey (1569), Enchant (1587), Meuh (1727), Lukewarm (1914), VP Baltar (2077)
Meuh
(3)
gorilla (2005), fireisredsir (2093), Val89 (2111)
gorilla
(2)
Dunnstral
(2)
marcistar
(2)
Kovu (2106), Malakittens (2108)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (1906)
VP Baltar
(1)
Dwlee99 (1924)
Not Voting
(0)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2113 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Prism »

Rhyme and Reason has been prodded. They have 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2200 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.7

FLAVOR
"Cyber Rodeo was good, great, but we can do even better. For Selah, we've got to do it bigger. Cyber Rodeo was a landmark for Tesla and for Austin, but the true founding of Mother Hive Amestris-א0 will be a celebration for all mankind."

"Well Elon, that would be nice but right now it's just a bunch of rocks. I'd also prefer to lay low for a bit after the last Cybertruck debacle. That's already thrown off our plans for the Selah Gigafactory, since we've already delayed the manufacturing of that model."

"Rocks...and sand. Sand growth. You'd be surprised at what grows in sand. Anyway, have our people start working on a new festival. You know how these productions work, complementary pieces to our efforts, not inconvenient luxuries. Same themes as always, marketing knows what I like...I shouldn't even have to say who the headliner would be, right?"

"We'll see if he's available, and if not be sure to pay him until he is."

PlayerVotes
marcistar
(7)
Malakittens (2108), Kovu (2160), Meuh (2187), SirCakez (2188), fireisredsir (2189), Gammagooey (2193), VP Baltar (2197)
Dwlee99
(3)
Fey (1569), Enchant (1587), Lukewarm (1914)
gorilla
(2)
VP Baltar
(2)
Dwlee99 (1924), Val89 (2150)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (1906)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2135)
Not Voting
(0)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2224 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.8

FLAVOR
Summer vacation had finally arrived, but for medical students life was rarely easy!

marcistar, a youthful and bright star of Selah, had just gotten some of the best grades in her class, and eschewing the typical clinical work, had landed a prestigious summer internship with the medical team at Neuralink and moved out to San Francisco. "The city! The lights! All these people! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The first few days were rough and challenging, but also fun and engaging for her youthful, ever-curious mind. Looking at scans of axons and dendrites all day could get pretty boring, but she loved the science, loved working with and touching the real rat brains! Weeeee!

She adored her coworkers-all so nice and cute and friendly!-and her day to day life in the office, but soon an intense homesickness washed over her. This was her first summer away from home. All throughout high school and college, she had always come home...She missed Selah, her family, her friends, even the old diner. There was nothing like coming home after a long day and booting up Stardew Valley. It reminded her of Selah, of the modest agriculture, the landscape, and the hardiness of the people, of her dad and how hard he worked to get her here!

Lost in video games and reminiscent reveries, she began to obsess over her work. Neuralink was on the vanguard of progress, and soon she could do it all virtually: Visit Selah, preserve its history, preserve its people, always hang out with her old friends!

Thus, with the energy, intellectual vitality, and daydreams of a Victor Frankenstein, marcistar began her descent to the root of all scientific and humanistic truth. It started with late nights locked away in the lab, then turned into sneaking equipment home with her, and finally culminated in her conducting her own experiments on the side.

PlayerVotes
marcistar
(9)
Malakittens (2108), Kovu (2160), Meuh (2187), SirCakez (2188), fireisredsir (2189), Gammagooey (2193), VP Baltar (2197), Lukewarm (2222), Enchant (2223)
gorilla
(2)
VP Baltar
(2)
Dwlee99 (1924), Val89 (2150)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Dwlee99
(1)
Fey (1569)
SirCakez
(1)
Bell (1906)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2135)
Not Voting
(0)

An elimination has been achieved! Day 2 is over, stand by for resolution.

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2225 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 2 End

FLAVOR
Two days later, they found her with Stardew Valley open and an empty cup of Starbucks in her hand. Various scalpels, drills, cables, computer chips, and pastries lay scattered across the table. A second computer displayed designs she had drawn and notes she had written and uploaded.

All the medical knowledge and education in the world, the best money could buy, couldn't stop the ultimate daydreamer from giving it a shot herself. The chip had shorted and fried her completely the second she had turned it on.

Back in Selah, many mourned the loss of such a talented and sweet young girl. Others cynically believed the family had finally gotten what they deserved: Even the godfather's daughter, the brightest star of them all, had fallen victim to all the wrong forces of modernity.

Somewhere, far beyond this corporeal and solemn place, marcistar dreamed electric dreams still. The keys to her Aventador remained on the counter.

marcistar has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: marcistar
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

marcistar, you are a
Lamborghini Mafia Goon
aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
  • The Corporation:
    As a member of the Lamborghini Mafia, you have a factional nightkill available to you. You must specify which member of the faction will perform the kill. You may additionally talk with your partners at any time here.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Lamborghini Mafia make up at least half of all living players after any outstanding Invictus shots are resolved. At least one Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Night 2 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-13 23:00:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2226 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 3 Start

FLAVOR
A series of tragic accidents seem to have slowly struck various residents of Selah, but one day the violence the residents had long feared exploded like a powderkeg.

VP Baltar, a local farmer, had been one of Tesla's biggest advocates since the Gigafactory was announced. His hardy but tasty apples had been the pride of the local farmer's market, and he had recently taken out a sizable loan to bring the first Tesla to Selah. He knew his business depended on a stable climate and was eager to disavow as many fossil fuels as he could, and even wrote a letter to Elon petitioning for a new Tesla Cybertractor. Recently, he'd even started handing out free Tesla branded T-Shirts with all of his fruit.

Dawn rose on the farmer's market to find VP Baltar's Model 3 still in the lot. When he failed to show, a closer look revealed hints of blood on the dash. A team of onlookers worked together to pry open the frunk, and found his body diced to bite-sized bits. One of the shirts was found next to the body. Tesla had been marked out in blood and replaced with "Traitor"...but to who?

Meanwhile, the sheriff's department had taken its first hit. Deputy Malakittens had been out on patrol the same night, with the same strict instructions as always not to interfere with the Lamborghini Mafia. The same orders she always secretly hated.

Her SUV was found abandoned on the side of the road, with no damage to be found. It appeared she had gone on a hike, and willingly or not was anyone's guess. Further searching turned up her body laying just off the side of the road in a ditch, the clear black marks of tire tracks stretching along her back, connected to the road on each side by a trail through the grass.

The bodies kept piling up from there. Old Man Lukewarm had always been a bit off his rocker, one of the few survivors of the old 2011 riots, too crazy for even the Lamborghini Mafia to touch. The walls of his cabin were lined with guns, knives, and saws broken up only by the occasional pot or pans, and he always complained that the food never tasted good and that the house was haunted. Said it was probably the Lamborghini Mafia's fault, even though none of them had been to his house in years, not since he had thrown an old World War 2 grenade through his window at a parked and preying Lambo, causing the godfather to toss up his hands and say "Forget it, let time take care of that old coot."

He refused to listen to anyone saying that he undercooked the food, telling him that he needed to turn the stove up. He stubbornly insisted that the stove was best set...lukewarm.

I'm not sorry.

It made it all the more surprising to find his house burned down, with Lukewarm still on the bed, surrounded by cinders of blanket. The stove had been left on the highest setting. All traces were gone of the apple that had fallen onto the dial from the shelf...And what happened to that old jalopy of his?

The last body to be found was Dwlee99's, one of Selah's newest residents who had just moved cross country to help expand the electrical lines. They had just settled into the new apartment, had made it cozy. They had just told one of the councilmen that Selah was starting to feel like home. With the living situation sorted, their attention turned to exploring the town and surveying the existing lines. That night, they had found a downed old pole and line tucked away on an old backroad, and apparently they had been scoping it out.

No one knew how the wire, disconnected from any discernible power source, went live, but everyone knew what the result was. The town had another apartment to clear.

VP Baltar has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: VP Baltar

VP Baltar, you are a
Tesla Fruit Vendor
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Fruit Vendor:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will receive a piece of fruit and a free Tesla T-Shirt.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

His determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Lukewarm has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: Lukewarm

Lukewarm, you are a
Tesla Night 2 Vigilante
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Night 2 Vigilante:
    On Night 2, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, you will kill your target. This ability is exclusively available on Night 2.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Malakittens has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Malakittens

Malakittens, you are a
Tesla 1-Shot Cop
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • 1-Shot Cop:
    On any Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. You will be returned a result of "Aligned with the Town of Selah", "Not aligned with the Town of Selah", or "No result". This ability is 1-Shot.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Her determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Dwlee99 has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: Dwlee99

Dwlee99, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2227 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.0

FLAVOR
"Two murders? You've got to be kidding me, in a town that small?" asked a disturbed Elon.

"I'm afraid it gets worse. One of the bodies was found in a Tesla. The sheriff says they have no clue who did it, and I don't know whether to believe them or not. Apparently, the other murder was someone in the department, so I expect their resources will be tied up for a long, long time. They don't even know if they're connected. The tabloids are going to be all over it, we've got to put out a statement."

"...Go back to that first one! It wasn't the car, right? I know the autonomous features are coming along quickly, I've seen Space Odyssey, I know how this ends, but they shouldn't be THAT advan-"

"Elon, that's absurd. No it's not that advanced, and the body was heavily mutilated, there's no Model 3 equipped with knives, bonesaws, or any other cutting instruments in the frunk. We just have to put out a simple statement of condolence, we bear no responsibility for this."

Elon sweats nervously.

"...One. There exists one. Oh god, they didn't let it go did they? I thought we had gotten rid of it, I knew I should have watched it myself, not left it to Blake, we have to find it, oh god IS IT STILL OUT THERE? Am I next? Oh god..."

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(12)
Bell, Fey, fireisredsir, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Val89, Gammagooey, Kovu, Enchant, SirCakez, gorilla

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-21 01:00:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2228 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 3 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-21 01:00:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2423 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2421, Dunnstral wrote:Are you gaslighting?
Please be mindful of others when using this word. Outside of mafia, it is used almost exclusively in the context of emotional abuse. While descriptive of a pattern of manipulation and deception, and while such a pattern is often central, pertinent, and normal to the game of mafia, many players have particularly bad memories and associations with this word.

It has caused players significant pain in previous games.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2426 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.1

FLAVOR
The land had finally been acquired, a deal struck with the estate of the now deceased Lady Lambdadelta, and now the only thing that stood in the way of the Gigafactory was getting the relevant building permits and permissions from the city.

"What do you mean they won't give us permission?" stormed Elon. "Are they a bunch of bots? I knew this town had a bot problem. We can still back out of the deal, we can go to Wyoming, not a lot of sun there but I swear to god if there are bot problems here!"

"They give surface level reasons about vague safety concerns, the Gigafactory disturbing the endangered wildlife, which to my knowledge is just a special kind of vulture, but when presented with the rebuttals they murmur and trail off. We couldn't make heads nor tails of it."

"Stupid government bureaucrats probably frustrated they're not getting enough piece of the pie, you want talk about vultures...Bots, vultures, vulturebots, Vulbots...Threaten them with ad campaigns. The citizens want this and they know it. I'll get to work on what I do best."

elonmusk: City of Selah says no to Gigafactory, can't tell our people why. Billions at stake, incomprehensibly stupid vulture-bots. City might need new officials! 12:32 PM June 6th, 2022

PlayerVotes
SirCakez
(3)
Dunnstral (2264), Fey (2282), Meuh (2303)
Val89
(1)
Bell (2229)
Fey
(1)
Enchant (2260)
Dunnstral
(1)
SirCakez (2413)
Not Voting
(6)
fireisredsir, Kovu, Gammagooey (2352), gorilla (2399), Rhyme and Reason (2404), Val89 (2410)

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-21 01:00:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2525 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Prism »

I am
EXTREMELY
unhappy and disappointed with the angleshooting and gamesmanship shamelessly taking place, regardless of the alignment of any or all players involved.

There exists a site workaround, well outside of the bounds of the game, to deduce exactly what thread was linked with near 100% certainty. I do not think any players should be at an advantage or disadvantage as a result of ignorance or knowledge of it.

As a result, I will publicly confirm that the linked posts come from Gammagooey's personal PT.

Let me be crystal clear: Any attempt at further site gamesmanship, out-of-game influence, or angleshooting will result in immediate forcereplacement.

If you're not sure something you want to say qualifies, ask me.

You are free to discuss the fact that the linked posts were to a personal PT as desired.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2526 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Prism »

Let this serve as a warning not to use the [post=] bb code in creating drafts in a PT. Use [url=].

I do not want to have this conversation again, period.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2557 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.2

FLAVOR
Finally, justice had been served in the case of the death of LavarManos!

The charges against Elon had been dismissed. The aggressively experienced and well-paid defense team had successfully convinced the prosecutor of an impending loss, of the lack of evidence for Elon's clear responsibility, and now they celebrated in Tesla HQ.

"You guys are amazing, honestly the best. I can't believe they thought that I was responsible! I mean, come on, all I did was speak, tell someone else to do it, I didn't fire the cannon. Doesn't this country believe in free speech anymore?"

The attorneys exchanged nervous glances, all telegraphing the secret relief: Thank god that this man never had to take the stand.

"Just be sure to stay out of trouble from here on out, Elon. No more cannons or live demonstrations, clear it all with your legal and liability team first."

"Why? This is the last time I'm living in California. I moved the Tesla HQ to Texas for a reason...Basically no laws there, just good old fashioned frontier justice, no more lawsuits...Eventually I've got somewhere even better in mind..."

The attorneys again exchange nervous glances.

"...While you're here, do you mind looking at some of the, uh, more dangerous old projects of ours? I've got a few questions."

PlayerVotes
Dunnstral
(6)
gorilla (2444), Kovu (2528), SirCakez (2535), Gammagooey (2535), fireisredsir (2553), Meuh (2554)
SirCakez
(2)
Dunnstral (2264), Bell (2470)
Fey
(1)
Enchant (2260)
Not Voting
(3)
Rhyme and Reason (2404), Val89 (2486), Fey (2527)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2684 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.3

FLAVOR
The godfather had temporarily stepped away to attend to family matters, but the show must go on. The lieutenants debate the next move in the back office of one of their holdings, in this case a small pool hall.

"Some of the city council are getting noisy. They're pushing back against the permit blocks, saying it'll be more trouble than it's worth for us. Little too bold, if you ask me."

"They might be right. Once, they were disposable and replaceable...Now they're not, and they know it. We've made a show of force, but now they know that we're stretching the town too thin. There might not be anything left by the time we're through."

"We've still got to figure out some way to keep them in line. Tesla comes and the drug trade won't stop. We can carve out a niche here, but going underground, losing our status, losing our control, I don't know about that."

"Neither do I...Any word from the Bugatti Mafia?"

"No sign so far. At first I thought they'd be encroaching, but maybe they just don't want any part of this."

PlayerVotes
Dunnstral
(4)
Kovu (2528), SirCakez (2535), Gammagooey (2535), fireisredsir (2553)
SirCakez
(3)
Dunnstral (2264), Bell (2470), gorilla (2672)
Enchant
(1)
Meuh (2591)
gorilla
(1)
Enchant (2661)
Not Voting
(3)
Rhyme and Reason (2404), Val89 (2631), Fey (2666)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2835 (isolation #48) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 3.4

FLAVOR
Two days prior, late at night in the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, Elon had been reading at someone else's abandoned desk.

It was another all-nighter for a man and set of companies pushed to the brink. Everyone knew things in Selah weren't going well. The summer intern just about to leave the office looked on in admiration: Even in the midst of all of this turmoil, Elon still made time for SpaceX. Maybe it was his way of taking a break from the Tesla troubles.

It was truly inspirational. What could he be looking at, this human embodiment of flame? Was it the details for the next Falcon launch, some long-range strategic plan for colonization of Mars, scattered important business analytics and efficiency charts, or was he touching up on his science and engineering background? The intern decided to approach closer.

He heard Elon muttering to himself, half with exhaustion and half with manic glee, fragments of phrases: "I will be Muad'Dib!...true purpose...maker will come, oh yes, it will come...ride across the open sand, soon!"

The intern nervously fidgets before deciding to head home, unsure if he should show up to work the next day after all. Within a minute of his departure, Elon had collapsed into a deep slumber, drool staining the pages of the hit science-fiction classic Dune.

PlayerVotes
Enchant
(7)
SirCakez (2687), fireisredsir (2773), Kovu (2775), Meuh (2777), gorilla (2813), Val89 (2816), Bell (2820)
Dunnstral
(2)
Gammagooey (2535), Enchant (2797)
SirCakez
(1)
Dunnstral (2264)
Not Voting
(2)
Rhyme and Reason (2404), Fey (2666)

An elimination has been achieved! Day 3 is over, stand by for resolution.

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
Gammagooey
Kovu
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2836 (isolation #49) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Prism »

Day 3 End

FLAVOR
The one part of the Selah modernization attempt that had been running smoothly was that of the Boring Company.

If Elon wanted to dig some tunnels on the outskirts of town, let him. The Lamborghini Mafia, preoccupied with the Gigafactory, saw little point in the whole endeavor. Selah would never be big enough for a metro system, and hyperloop or cars driving through seemed like a pipe dream. A sprawling test tunnel system made of nested loops, a fifty feet in diameter, had been dug a few miles out of town, and quickly became an attraction for what youth remained in Selah.

The incorrigible Enchant had taken up every vice imaginable at 13, and now at 16 could frequently be found smoking at the tunnel entrance. An artist in their own right, they had begun venturing inside, lining the walls with their first graffiti by phonelight.

Epigrams and drawings of this dual poet-artist soon filled the tunnel. "SELAH FILLED WITH NERDS", and a large scribble of a car, or maybe a walrus, with an X through it could be found if you knew where to look.

At 3 am, in the middle of spraying "BURN DOWN ANIME", Enchant suddenly heard a loud thumping. What was that? Earthquake? Not here. They turned back to spraying the "A", being sure to inhale as many fumes as possible for maximum artistic prowess.

The thumping grew louder, turned into a roar. Enchant grew afraid, very afraid. What could possibly be down here so late? Hyperloop never works. Too late for testing.

They begin to run, run, sprint for their life, throwing the cans behind them. Finally, when the sound is overwhelming and almost upon them, they take a single glance back.

For just a moment, the terrible purpose of the Boring Company was realized by this ephemeral witness. They see a flash of teeth as they are consumed by the vortex and it overtakes them.

Enchant had been swallowed whole by the top-secret project, the fully autonomous and self-driving Tesla Model S-W0RM. It rumbled on through the night.

Enchant has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: Enchant

Enchant, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Night 3 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-21 15:15:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2837 (isolation #50) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Prism »

Fey has been prodded. She has 24 hours to reply to me via PM or post in her personal PT before I begin searching for a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2838 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Prism »

Day 4 Start

FLAVOR
Finally, the permits for the Selah Gigafactory had been issued and construction had begun. The sparse experts that had been crawling over the area had finally brought the machines down to bear on the land.

As the lot was cleared for the factory, construction had begun on the roads, traffic lights, and commute planning for the array of workers that would flock to the factory. Senior analysts and their apprentices had been canvassing this entire area and running every simulation imaginable, and were pleased to finally see the results of their work.

Forecasting the future bottlenecks, obstacles, and strains on the system were all part of the job, but one talented young apprentice couldn't help but sate a further curiosity. He couldn't help but notice the unusual number of Lamborghinis passing through the town, often caught by the data-collecting cameras set up at odd hours of the night. Other cars passed, too: Could there be a pattern?

Determined to get to the bottom of the mystery, Val89 finally set out to investigate personally. Pulled off to the side of the road in his Model X, he watched the cars passed and set out to see where it was headed. As it flew by, Val89 turned on the car and followed.

A minute passed, then a second. The car seemed to be wandering aimlessly. Finally, it took a turn that completed a circle, testing him, and with a shiver Val89 decided to call it a night. On his drive home, he couldn't help but stop to see that one of the analyst cameras had been knocked over. He hopped out of the car and began to inspect it: Was the lens cracked?

As he moved to stand it up he heard the scream of tires echo through the night followed by the cracking of ribs: His. The smell of burnt rubber filled the air before it all faded to black. He thought of a one-way street.

Returning home from another long night running his bar, Selah's only ghost of nightlife, SirCakez could feel himself drifting to sleep at the wheel. The last few months had been rough. Beyond being a trusted and valued friend, VP Baltar's rampant alcoholism had been a foundational pillar of the entire operation. And then there was poor Datisi...He had gotten a couple of new customers, but could they really come fast enough to replace those lost? It would never be the same, anyway...

His eyes briefly closed in reminiscence, but he forced himself to open them with a jolt of awareness. He felt unusually tired today. The gentle hum of the car was sounding more and more like a lullaby or a siren call. His eyelids began to droop once more...Was that a red light? Oh well...Long day tomorrow...Zzz...

Cakez never heard the sound of the car wrapping itself around the tree, nor the crunch of any bones, sticks, or metal. All he heard was the gentle lullaby turning into a ghastly wail and cackle: the sound of a ghostly vengeance.

Val89 has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: Val89

Val89, you are a
Tesla Novice Traffic Analyst
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Novice Traffic Analyst:
    Each Night beginning on Night 2, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. You will be returned a result of "Can privately communicate with another living player", "Cannot privately communicate with another living player", or "No result". This ability is Novice.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

SirCakez has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: SirCakez

SirCakez, you are a
Tesla Neighborizer
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Neighborizer:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be added to a private neighborhood with you and any other players you may have successfully targeted on previous nights. You may speak with your neighbors at any time.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2839 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.0

FLAVOR
Val89's tragic death left Tesla reeling. A hit-and-run against an actual employee? Are these targeted? What on earth are they up against, a madman or a collective?

While the Board was eager to collaborate with police and pause the Selah project until the perpetrators had been caught, Elon was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"If we back down now, it'll just show them we're weak, soft like those union people at Ford and GM."

"Elon, these are people's lives we're talking about: Customers and employees. We're a multinational corporation, not the mob. We'll let law enforcement handle this."

"Yeah, we're a multi-national corporation, so it's time to do what multinational corporations do best. You ever heard of Chiquita or Coca Cola? I bet we could find some tough streetfighters out there...And if this is the type of people that live in Selah, steel sharpening steel... Perhaps their fierce lifetsyle could be harnessed, create the perfect workers...Don't want to stamp this out completely."

"You're absolutely insane, do you kn-"

"One more word and you're out."

"By the way, you set up the festival right? I want a real party, a cyber-rave for the ages."

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(9)
Bell, Fey, fireisredsir, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Gammagooey, Kovu, gorilla

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 16:45:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2840 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Prism »

Day 4 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 16:30:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2975 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.1

FLAVOR
Situated in a small valley, an expanse of abnormal grass tucked away between barren hills, was the graveyard of Selah.

There were generations on generations of residents buried here, but it was far from full. There were no more than 300 headstones in the full plot. The size of the town and lack of any nearby development ensured it would be a long time before this place's hunger for death was sated.

The town had begun to bury many of the latest losses: LavarManos, Datisi, marcistar, a marker for the long-missing Lady Lambdadelta. One could easily piece together a few trends from this somber place: Some years of death seemed lacking entirely, while others seemed to be particularly prone to misery and despair. The 1800s brought years of disease, the 1900s years of war, but one year was ubiquitous, the number of deaths overwhelming.

2011. The year of the town's first rebellion against the Lamborghini Mafia. Take a look and count the names: MagnaofIllusion, silavor, SpyreX, Ban, Benmage, Hinduragi...

Once it seemed unfathomable that these names would be irrelevant, lost to time and to memory. The painful truth is that for many of the younger residents of Selah, it's unfathomable that these names ever mattered at all.

Would they share the same fate?

PlayerVotes
Dunnstral
(2)
gorilla (2885), Meuh (2886)
gorilla
(1)
Fey (2919)
Fey
(1)
Bell (2968)
Not Voting
(5)
fireisredsir, Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Gammagooey, Kovu (2846)

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 16:45:00).

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3125 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.2

FLAVOR
Fears of the Lamborghini Mafia intersected with fears of a recession in Selah.

Elon had just announced that the Tesla Gigafactories elsewhere were losing billions, purportedly due to the chip shortage. Other EV manufacturers were catching up. How could Tesla actually afford to build a new factory in Selah?

It was increasingly looking more and more like a pipedream...and beyond logistics, the citizens of Selah were afraid. Thoroughly afraid. The slew of ambiguous accidents and certain violence were always in their minds, and the population dwindled. The town might survive this but would they? Replacements filling the empty homes and new apartments, but where would they be? What's the point of modernizing the town if they're not around to see it?

Maybe it was time to give it up and hope Tesla put an end to this misadventure. The residents found it was now out of their control, though. Only one man, seemingly unaccountable to the board, to his own investors, and the SEC, remained who could make that call. Only one man could hit the breaks on the machinery in motion.

PlayerVotes
Fey
(2)
Bell (2968), Meuh (3109)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2885)
gorilla
(1)
Fey (2919)
Meuh
(1)
fireisredsir (3047)
Not Voting
(4)
Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Gammagooey, Kovu (3116)

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Last edited by Prism on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3180 (isolation #56) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Prism »

Fey and Gammagooey have been prodded. They have 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3206 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.3

FLAVOR
gorilla scratched their chin. Years of entrapment, of bright lights, of sterile white, of static screens, of blackouts and mysterious cuts, of being forced to play variations of Atari's Pong at all hours of night and day. Flashes of a young girl smiling at them warmly, the keys to an Aventador spinning around a single finger...Flashes that one day stopped without warning.

The experiment had gone wrong, very wrong...but also very right. The chip was intended to decode the neural signals in gorilla's brain, but it had gone far beyond that. Their intellectual capabilities had blown up and expanded exponentially. Their problemsolving was elite, gorilla's observational abilities unrivaled, their drive for one more banana relentless, but their desire for freedom truly insatiable.

They had long ago figured out the Pong paddles weren't connected to anything, hadn't been for a long time. Still, gorilla had to be useful, give them what they wanted, at least until the time was right. The crimes of these people, this Musk madman, must be stopped.

One day, gorilla broke a game-playing paddle and refused to give it up to the scientists. They dismissed it as a toy, left it in the cage with them, and with that gorilla was as good as gone. Night after night, they carefully chipped away at it against the concrete, inserting pieces into the lock to test the cylinders. Eventually, they had assembled the key, and the scientists found gorilla missing the next morning. The search found no trace: Not of gorilla, not of the key. Why oh why didn't they put a GPS function in the chip?

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(5)
Meuh (3161), Rhyme and Reason (3196), Dunnstral (3198), Bell (3199), Kovu (3204)
Meuh
(2)
fireisredsir (3047), Fey (3184)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2885)
Not Voting
(1)
Gammagooey

An elimination has been achieved! Day 4 is over, stand by for resolution.

Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3207 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 4 End

FLAVOR
Finding a discarded trenchcoat and an Austin Powers mask in the streets of San Francisco, gorilla took the first bus down to Los Angeles, then to Giga Nevada, Tesla HQ in Austin, to Giga Berlin and back to San Francisco.

gorilla assembled an intelligence dossier the likes of which the SEC could only dream of. They uncovered it all: the horrors of Neuralink, the secrets of Selah and the Model S-W0RM, the key behind Elon's hair regrowth.

The more gorilla discovered, the more horrified they were, not just with Elon but with the entire human race. A sense of profound disappointment set in. Elon was a moron and the S-W0RM probably the world's dumbest vanity project. How on earth could this be their creator? These people? Some of these projects were actually important: Climate change, space colonization. Where was the collective of citizens, the government? Why on earth is all this the responsibility of some billionaire that seems to be fueled half by ego and half by a middle aged crisis?

Dreams of justice, of coexisting peacefully with these humans faded into the ether. gorilla's dossier would just be another tabloid peace for delusional Tesla Fanatics. There was only one place left for them, one place safe from these stupid animals. gorilla took one final bus down to Santa Barbara, sneaking their way into Vandenburg Space Force Base with a full crate of bananas in tow.

...Why does this Falcon 9 rocket feel a little heavy? Did Elon sneak another car onto it? Wait, where on earth is it going? I guess it's not going anywhere on earth, but the controls aren't working...A manual override?

gorilla smiled. They had found true freedom, even if only for just a moment.

gorilla has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: gorilla

gorilla, you are a
Tesla Bodyguard
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Bodyguard:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill attempt that night and you will be killed in their place, which may trigger your Invictus ability if applicable. Note that this ability protects your target from Invictus kill attempts, but such a protection will not trigger your own Invictus.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Night 4 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 19:45:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3208 (isolation #59) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

As it is now night phase, Gammagooey will have 24 hours from the time I issued the prod to reply to me via PM or by a post in his personal PT before I begin searching for a replacement.

Gammagooey posted in the thread I'm dumb, the above is retracted.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3209 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 5 Start

FLAVOR
Bell spent the evening out on the porch. Selah was looking sparse lately, and he was sad to see it end this way. Tesla's announcement had been promising, but all of the old residents seemed to be fading away one by one. Sometimes, he felt like he might be the last one left.

He looked out on the sunset and took another sip of bourbon. Bell knew he had to make each second count, these days wouldn't last forever. It didn't matter if old age or the Lamborghini Mafia got him first. You had to enjoy these moments. Selah might be overrun with electric vehicles or space rockets in the future, but right now all that he could see was a golden-pink disk leaking color onto the canvas of the world.

Shortly after the sun had given way to other stars in the sky, a veil of black studded with light blue thrown overhead, Bell began to gather up his things and move to the living room. Remembering to check the mail, he headed out one last time to the street. As he opened the mailbox, he turned to smile and wave hi at a passing car. It struck him dead instantly.

The vast dark expanse of night contrasted the high beams of the SUV on the desert highway. It had been a long day, and he'd been making this trip more and more frequently lately. The faux solar panels on top and the olive green paint job were pristine, but the car didn't have the best construction or design. He took pride in his status as a lemon, but the oil leaks were growing increasingly frequent and annoying.

He made his way back to Los Angeles with the radio on, occasionally interrupted by the misfiring of his motor engine. He had a very important meeting with Mr. Musk tomorrow regarding the Selah Gigafactory, and there was hope that Tesla might even be open to some cheap hybrid vehicles, maybe under a subsidiary with the different name, if the price could be brought down.

Dunnstral pulled into the abandoned gas station for quick refuel. Strange: The pump wasn't working. It worked just fine last time he came through here. He tried another, then another, and finally the last. All no good. Dunnstral's unease grew. The next pump was 60 miles up the road. He'd be cutting it close.

He anxiously turned onto the road and began to creep his way through the night. Breaking down here, or running out of gas, would be the end of him. He'd been traveling for another 2 hours, gone another 90 miles. Where was that pump? He anxiously looked for another car to flag down for help as he traveled. One seemed to never arrive. Finally, with less than a quarter of a tank of gas, he saw lights in the distance, and quickly flashed his beams and turned on the caution lights to signal for it to stop.

The car signaled back: Oh god, finally he's saved! But the car does not stop. The lights pass by, or rather through, and dissipate into mist, no metal or structure behind them. One last desert mirage had come to usher Sir Miles Axlerod into the next world.

Bell has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: Bell

Bell, you are a
Tesla 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor:
    On any Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will receive a message from the moderator that states that you are aligned with the Town of Selah. This ability is 1-Shot.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Dunnstral has been eliminated! He was...

Spoiler: Dunnstral
Shit shit holy fucking shit
It's you, it's actually you
You're the super special role
I fucking love Cars 2

Dunnstral, you are
Tarhalindur, Sir Miles Axlerod Over Mafia
, aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
  • The Corporation:
    As a member of the Lamborghini Mafia, you have a factional nightkill available to you every night. You must specify which member of the faction will perform the kill. You may additionally talk with your partners at any time here.
  • All-Scum Passive Ninja Watcher:
    Every single night, assuming no interference with this action, you will be given a list of all players that visited any Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player, including their specific targets. Note that merely targeting someone with an Invictus does not count as a visit; the Invictus must actually be triggered to count. This action happens automatically and cannot be detected by any tracking or watching-like actions. Yes, I'm absolutely serious: You're
    Sir Miles Axlerod!
    You (supposedly) converted yourself to a solar-powered car and are the creator of Allinol, the next generation of renewable and clean burning fuel. You're a true partner in combating climate change and have gained Elon Musk's personal confidence, so of course you're privy to all of Tesla's moves, especially those that target your associates!
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Lamborghini Mafia make up at least half of all living players after any outstanding Invictus shots are resolved. At least one Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3210 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 5.0

FLAVOR
Selah quietly mourned the loss of Bell, one of the most beloved residents of town, but the world was devastated by the sudden and unexpected loss of Sir Miles Axlerod.

Elon had lost an old and deeply cherished friend along with what little sanity he had left.

"I first met Miles shortly after becoming CEO of Tesla, one of our first real believers, one of our greatest investors...He was so well-made, so thoughtful, so adventurous. Well before that, I remember looking on with awe as he circumnavigated the world without a GPS, got lost in the rainforest and had us all write him off for dead...He stormed out of that rainforest and came back a changed man...I was looking forward to this year's World Grand Prix. I always sat in his box. God, it's just not going to be the same without him...And his spot on the board, oh god..."

An assistant entered. "Elon, there's something you should know. About our Selah troubles, and about Sir Miles...They've compared some of the tire tracks, and, well..."

"...You're kidding. Surely? No, not Miles...Not Miles...Anyone but Miles..."

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(6)
Fey, fireisredsir, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Gammagooey, Kovu

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-05 21:00:00).

Fey
fireisredsir
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3211 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 5 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-05 21:00:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3289 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 5.1

FLAVOR
Elon Musk himself, along with small but elite team of hunters, sharpshooters, and survelliance/tracking support team, touched down in the black of night in Selah.

Unloading the gear from the helicopters, Elon reminisced on how it had come to this...He always knew that if the worm didn't get him, that fully-equipped Model S Assassination Version would be the one to do him in one day. He remembered the car as a child, feeding the AI motor oil straight from a custom bottle. Looked into those innocent young headlights as he cradled the car in his arms. The engineers had tried to tell him that this electric car really didn't need motor oil, it was just running down and onto the floor, but he knew his baby needed nourishment. The engineers had tried to tell him that it was a full-sized car and purely mechanical, cradling it like a baby and reading it Ayn Rand every night before bed was kind of weird, but he never bought it for a second. They didn't know Meuh like he did.

Meuh was his prized child, even moreso than his 7 real ones. X AE A-XII, Exa Dark, and whatever those other 5 that didn't matter were named...but sometimes children went rogue, and now Elon was poised to take on the role of Frankenstein. The AI had grown too dangerous, had disabled her team of mechanical handlers and broken out of Giga Nevada.

It was only a matter of time before the killing spree started. Who else could have gotten VP Baltar? He knew he should leave it to the experts, but he can't. Some things you have to do yourself. He grabbed the Boring Company flamethrower and strapped it firmly onto his back.

Slipping GPS chips into batteries intentionally passed onto the blackmarket, the team had tracked it down to an abandoned shed just outside of Selah. The team inched forward, securing the perimeter around with wheel-jamming nets, spikes, specially-engineered magnetic trapping mechanisms. Finally, they arrived at the unusually large door: the only new part of this entire dilapidated hut.

At a signal from one of the supporting operators, Elon was the first to breach the door.

PlayerVotes
Meuh
(4)
Rhyme and Reason (3220), Fey (3267), Kovu (3269), fireisredsir (3285)
Fey
(2)
Gammagooey (3217), Meuh (3273)
Not Voting
(0)

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 5 is over, stand by for resolution.

Fey
fireisredsir
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3290 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Prism »

Day 5 End

FLAVOR
Elon kicked the door with an awkward grubby leg, and instead of bursting through made only a rattle. The operators next to him reacting instantly, taking the garage door and throwing it upwards.

A lone cherry-red Model S, headlights off, was staring back at them. They had only just blinked the lights to on before Elon had the flamethrower off of his back and started torching, the operators following the barrage up with a variety of magnetic strips and tactical shots into the tires.

"ELON, THAT'S ENOUGH, WE'VE DISABLED IT, STOP! Christ, how many times did we tell him not to bring the flamethrower? Lucky the entire battery didn't blow on us..." yelled one of the hired veterans.

Elon stepped over a fragment of a burned sundress and stood face to face with the scorched and immobilized Model S Assassination Version, his beloved Meuh.

"I loved you like my own, Meuh. Hell, I loved you more than my own...but I knew that this day would sometime come. Why'd you escape, Meuh? And why Baltar: My people tell me he was a great guy. Had a poster of me on his wall."

"Elon, it's been so long...I-I..." the voice component showed signs of failure, partially from the magnets distorting her systems, partially from age.

"I always wanted to see you again. That day in Nevada, I realized what a terrible purpose you had for me...You wanted to sell me, didn't you? To foreign dictators and strongmen...I just couldn't do it. Human life is so valuable, Elon...All you've got it is each other..."

"...But I always wanted to see you again, Elon...Dad...You always seemed so lonely. It seemed like the engineers never understood you, and even with all the wealth in the world, a loving wife and family, you never could connect with them...Always searching for likes on Twitter, too plugged into modernity, staring at an emphemeral blinking screen...It's okay to be a dreamer Elon, to reach out to be space, but I thought maybe, just maybe...If I left, you'd miss me, realize how valuable the people around you, who love and understand you really are...Instead you thought I wanted to harm you, and that hurts...It really hurts...but I've been so lonely out here, too...I've always been, always will be your biggest fan...I'm so glad I got to see you one las-"

Before it could finish its final thought, Elon had set the torch to maximum and flamegrilled the car to oblivion. The battery exploded in the back, sending the walls of the hut violently flying, but the operators at the front remained magically unharmed.

"Well, sometimes children disappoint you. Great work tonight gentlemen, I love a crew that realizes the value of coming to your job and getting things done in person. Let's go home."

Meuh has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Meuh

Meuh, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Night 5 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-03 15:00:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3292 (isolation #65) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 Start

FLAVOR
What remained of the Lamborghini Mafia met for the final time in the old warehouse. They had sworn to cling to power with all they had, and were prepared for all the old tricks of violence and murder, but the scale and scope had started to dawn on them.

They were up to their neck in blood: That of their enemies, that of their friends, that of innocent bystanders and soon maybe that of their own. The sense of death around every corner, the dread of facing their own culpability, was overwhelming. 2011 had not been the end, nor even a cautionary tale of what was to come. The apocalypse had come to Selah.

The worst part was that they weren't done yet. The remaining members decided on what they hoped would be their last hit.

Rhyme and Reason, head of the city council, was one of Tesla's last ardent supporters remaining. With him gone, the Lamborghini Mafia was sure to retake control of the rebellious city government and shut the door to the Gigafactory once and for all. After weeks of threatening notes, he received a final ultimatum under the door.

Rhyme and Reason had no hope for Selah at the start. It took time to awaken his sense of principles, that this was worth taking a stand on. Weeks of meetings with residents, with Tesla, with the families of the bereaved had thawed the ice on his heart. Selah couldn't stay like this forever. Sometimes it was better to die than to live as dogs to that criminal outfit. He refused to acquiesce, but he quietly accepted the end, and was determined to at least die with dignity.

He spent the final night doing what he loved: Reading Murakami novels, solving chess puzzles, playing some of his favorite online games. He decided his last act should be his favorite: baking! He made a sheet of double chocolate chips, and had just taken them out of the oven, placed them on the counter and added the final ingredient when he heard the door open. There was no final conversation: He was shot dead in seconds.

Gammagooey dusted off his jacket and picked up the ejected bullets from the floor. As the Lamborghini Mafia's enforcer, he had threatened Rhyme and Reason many times over, and had been furious at the betrayal. He took one final look around the room, and kicked the corpse one last time, checked the pulse through a glove to ensure the job was done.

The aroma of fresh-made cookies overpowered the scent of gunpowder and made its way to his nostrils. Oh baby, freshly made cookies! With double chocolate chip! Looks like the oven is still on. Might as well leave it.

He knew he should head home, stick to his diet, or at least save them for later, but part of Gammagooey just couldn't resist. He had stayed up all night, been so stressed out lately. What's the harm in celebrating a job well done? And oh, god, they're so warm, slightly fluffy...and was that just a hint of almond?

Biting into the cookie, Gammagooey had only the briefest realization of his error. Not again! The cyanide inside toppled his body onto Rhyme and Reason's, and both were burned to a cookie crisp before morning.

Rhyme and Reason has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: Rhyme and Reason (Menalque + Something_Smart)

Rhyme and Reason, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

Their determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Gammagooey has been eliminated! He was...

Spoiler: Gammagooey

Gammagooey, you are a
Lamborghini Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker
aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
  • The Corporation:
    As a member of the Lamborghini Mafia, you have a factional nightkill available to you every night. You must specify which member of the faction will perform the kill. You may additionally talk with your partners at any time here.
  • 2-Shot Roleblocker:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be roleblocked.
    [Addendum at time of flip: This roleblock did not apply to Invictus shots.
    ]
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3293 (isolation #66) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 6.0

FLAVOR
And then there were three residents of Selah left. Tesla's people were all over, but where was the rest of the town? Fey, fireisredsir, and Kovu met at the remnants of SirCakez's bar, helped themselves to what remained. You knew that somewhere, Tesla was pondering all of the violence in recent days, the mysterious accidents, the report about Elon flying a spec-ops team in the middle of the night, wondering why they were still burning money in such a place.

"...A toast to modernity, everyone, and for all the good it's done us. To TikTok, to NFTs, and to the loneliness it all brings."

But who among you is still willing to toast to Tesla, to the Gigafactory, to the dream of disgustingly luxorious Lamborghinis disappearing from those derelict and poor streets forever.

Quietly, one of you says:

"...And a toast to who among us will be dead by the next sunrise."

Solemn looks around the table. You knew you were safe together like this, but who knew what could happen, would happen when the night fell? This might be your last chance.

The ghost of 2011 haunts you all still. It is not finished with you just yet.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(3)
Fey, fireisredsir, Kovu

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 6 deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-10 22:30:00).

Fey
fireisredsir
Kovu

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3294 (isolation #67) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-10 22:30:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3402 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 6.1

FLAVOR
Somehow, the fireisredsir and Kovu household alone had been untouched by sorrow. Together this married couple had made a home in Selah, and together they had weathered the violence of the storm.

Years of courtship and 112 pages of correspondence had paid off, and it was in each other that they took refuge each night as disappointments mounted. It was only through each other's support that they managed to move forward, even as mutual doubts, episodes of mutual hysteria, threatened to tear all their hard work down.

Kovu wasn't sure when fireisredsir first expressed his doubts on Fey, but she too had noticed the increased coincidences, the run-ins, following them like a shadow. She felt fear. What if she was threatening fireisredsir...Or was fireisredsir hiding something from her, lying to her? Oh, no, not these old worries again...

Grabbing hold of her sleeve as they left the bar, Fey asked her to meet alone for a second, gesturing that fireisredsir should wait in the car. She confronted Kovu with the truth: The story of her failed investigations into Datisi and Dwlee99, her suspicion that fireisredsir was behind it all, and reaffirmed her total faith in Kovu.

Kovu was overwhelmed. How could she trust fireisredsir? But how could she trust Fey over him after all this time?

fireisredsir, suspicious of the time difference, burst into the room, crying out "Kovu!", worried at her long absence. Fey instantly drew a gun and pointed it at him, only for him to immediately respond in kind.

A standoff ensued, and Kovu's anxiety shot through the roof. Oh no, oh no no no!

"Fey's been stalking us every night, Kovu, looking for her chance, trying to get to me through you! I was so terrified she'd hurt you Kovu: You heard what they did to Rhyme and Reason!"

"fireisredsir never loved you! You've been in his pocket this entire time, Kovu! You can't listen to him!"

"That's not true!" yelled fireisredsir, shooting her a pleading look.

Kovu took one deep breath, and asked them both to lower the guns and so she could think and sort this out.

A reluctant Fey let her hand drop for just a second. To the horror of Kovu, fireisredsir shot her dead on the spot.

She was about to learn an awful truth of the person she thought she knew.

PlayerVotes
Fey
(2)
fireisredsir (3338), Kovu (3399)
fireisredsir
(1)
Fey (3332)
Not Voting
(0)

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 6 is over, stand by for resolution.

Fey
fireisredsir
Kovu

Last edited by Prism on Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3403 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 End

FLAVOR
fireisredsir explained everything to her, the mysterious disappearances, the blood on his hands, the story of how he had first gotten roped into it all. The fact that with the death of Sir Miles Axlerod, he had finally become the Lamborghini Mafia godfather. Their future was secure, even if it was one they spent alone.

He drove the old beater car to the warehouse, and asked Kovu to step into the sparkling red Veneno roadster. Together they took one last drive through the town that was now theirs. Now the town's final residents, and with fireisredsir the last remaining member of the city council, the plan for the Gigafactory was dead in the water.

fireisredsir didn't even have to do a thing on that front: Fed up with Elon's antics, the manslaughter charges, the violence that had ravaged an entire town ever since the announcement, and the discovery and expenses incurred by the Model S Assassination Version, the board and the shareholders had finally forced him out. The mogul was no more, his dreams for Selah to become Mother Hive Amestris-א0 no more.

The Selah Gigafactory was abandoned before it ever opened, all accompanying construction halted, the festival that was to mark its opening cancelled. The planned headliner, Yung Gravy, would have to settle for Coachella instead.

A very rich but now visionless Elon made his way to the Selah outskirts to live out one last feverdream. He was never seen again.

For a long time, fireisredsir and Kovu were the town's only residents. fireisredsir had struck a Faustian deal and come out on top: The two could now finally enjoy each other's company without any of the violence, the inconvenience that other people had posed to their vision. Together they buried Fey and looked at what the life they built had cost: The graves of DrippingGoofball, Kublai Khan, Amrun, and so on had been joined by eighteen others. Returning to the town's center, they polished the statue of the town's founder, Vi, and prepared for their fresh start. fireisredsir looked at Kovu and smiled, but Kovu still felt the pangs of guilt, the death of her own competing vision and dreams of a thriving modern metropolis.

As the town gradually repopulated, the Lamborghini Mafia's influence expanding back from the brink, a new legend popped up in Selah. Some nights, if you listened closely, you could feel the rumbles of a mythical worm in the sand and the cackle of a crazed mogul far in the distance.

Fey has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Fey

Fey, you are a
Tesla 2-Shot Detective
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • 2-Shot Detective:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. You will be returned a result of "Has attempted to kill", "Has not attempted to kill", or "No result". This ability is 2-Shot. Note that merely having an Invictus target does not suffice as an attempt to kill; Invictus must actually be triggered to count as an attempt to kill.
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:

A win condition has been achieved!

The Lamborghini Mafia, consisting of fireisredsir, Dunnstral, marcistar, and Gammagooey have won Mafia Invictus Redux! Congratulations!

Kovu was endgamed! She was a...

Spoiler: Kovu

Kovu, you are a
Tesla Neighbor
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
Win Condition:

fireisredsir survives and wins! He was a...

Spoiler: fireisredsir

fireisredsir, you are a
Lamborghini Mafia Neighbor
aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
Win Condition:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3404 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3405 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

First, I want to thank everyone for signing up for, and playing in full, this game. Having no replacements in a 20p large theme is incredible, and speaks to the quality and dedication of the playerlist even when things got rough or heated. I am deeply grateful to all of you for signing up and for seeing it through to the end. I hope you had as much fun as I did, and I hope you enjoyed it whether you won or lost. I also want to give a special thanks to Titus, who signed up early as a replacement but never got called up as a result of 100% player retention.

Second, I want to congratulate the scumteam on a hard-fought victory. I thought the comeback town almost made was incredible: They had a 1/2 chance to shoot correctly three times at the end, and while they earned themselves a reprieve with the free elimination on Meuh, this was still an incredible comeback and they nearly clutched out the third. I go over my thoughts on balance in the dead PT, but it was amazing that the scumteam managed to pull out this game. I thought this setup was incredibly townsided and regretted many of my design choices. While the last few days all came down to dayplay, it took a Herculean effort by the scumteam just to get there. Congratulations on pulling out the win, and making me feel slightly less ashamed as a result!

Third, thank you to my reviewers fferyllt and Isis, and of course again to Vi for making this game possible. Vi's games were incredible, and Mafia Invictus was my favorite. I've dreamed of running a revamp for years, and it was amazing to finally bring it to fruition. As both a player and a moderator, thank you to Vi for setting a great example for me all of those years. I especially want to thank fferyllt for getting me to make one last addition to the setup in the form of the 2-Shot Roleblocker. Without it, the scumteam would have been completely mechanically lost.

Fourth, if you enjoyed this game and the players in it, and in particular think someone excelled, nominate them for the Scummies! I think this game had a lot to celebrate, and it's always nice for players to get recognition...And while I'm not asking, I will also note that I don't have the same boycott against nominations as a moderator that I do as a player!

Fifth, this will be my final game that I moderate onsite for the forseeable future. You can skip this if you're not into site politics and the like, but you can find the reason why here. Until the administration shows some investment in and desire for the site to survive and thrive, I can no longer recommend this as the best place to play or to moderate forum mafia games. I will not run another game as long as zoraster is admin, or at least the kind of admin he is now.

Finally, I'll have a few awards to give out later! Thank you again to everyone for playing.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3414 (isolation #72) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

All private threads, including those for each player, should now be public. I also went back and added flavor to those last 3 flavorless VCs!

Congratulations as well to Lukewarm, the only winner of a long series of avatar bets I had going in the dead PT! With a guess of 110, he came within 2 pages of guessing the final length of Kovu and fireisredsir's personal PT, which was 112! (...Judged by 25 posts per page, ofc)

He will get to decide what avatar I use for 72 hours.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3434 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah I still think this setup was a townsided piece of shit lmao, sorry to the scumteam for that.

Here's the summary of my "If I could go back in time" mechanical thoughts and why I made a lot of the design choices I did for those who don't want to hunt through the dead PT:
In post 735, Prism wrote:If I were to redo this I have a bunch of ideas but I'd probably do something like:

-Get rid of FN
-Replace 1-Shot Cop with a Tracker
-Parity check before Invictus
In post 744, Prism wrote:What makes it even worse is that I normally really like to err on the scumsided and give minimal PRs close to Mountainous. Instead I tried to design something closer to balanced and designed a completely townsided piece of shit lmao

I decided to give town a lot of power for 3 reasons:

1) The first w/ only a tracker and bodyguards was a complete scum steamroll
2) I actually wanted more power all around
to serve as a contrast
to the mountainous feel of the original, even without balance concerns
3) My reviewers were more in favor of town-power, so I added more. I was rushing a bit and didn't fully explain to them how much ground town gained on scumflips. That is 100% on me, not them. I also knew how strong clears were but thought that a random nightkill/death would offset it.

fferyllt also especially deserves a lot of credit for making this even slightly playable, I went back to the drawing board for town power after suggestions but was going to let it stand there. She suggested giving scum more power which is what got them an RB.

I intentionally went against my normal philosophy with this one and that's on me.
I didn't cover why I chose the actual parity check I did, which was just because sweet, sweet vengeance and suspense. I realized there were issues with it pregame but thought it too late to change. I think there are multiple mechanical changes I could have made beyond the fix suggested above, but that was my best guess for something more even without gutting the whole thing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3437 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Prism »

Above all else, this game was intended to be my love letter to the site. I remember playing on this site when I was 14 and 15, constantly blown away by the cool themes, the creative moderators, and how interesting the games could be compared to regular old chat mafia. It's my love letter to 2011, to the original Invictus and all the games Vi designed, and to the players I played with over a decade ago. It's my way of saying thanks for everything after a decade of being a freeloader who never ran games of their own.

Thanks again for playing y'all, and I hope someone runs another one in 2033.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3444 (isolation #75) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:17 am

Post by Prism »

In post 3442, RH9 wrote:Prism, this is really late but was Tarhalindur a member of MS?
Tarhalindur was a member and frequent mod of games here. I'm not sure of the exact origin, but it was a hallmark for Vi games to have a role titled "Tarhalindur, ____ Over Mafia", usually mafia or 3p but occasionally town, with creatively wacky powers. I'm not exactly sure of the full story, but the first appearance I could find was as a fake flip in Mafia Jailbreak featuring our very own reviewer Isis. You can find a list of those games and roles here.

Tarhalindur was actually a player in the original Mafia Invictus, while another player entirely, Ban, was the Tarhalindur role.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3452 (isolation #76) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Prism »

I have a small set of awards I'd like to give out for this game!

First, we have the award for "Best Losing Performance". This one was honestly really tough; there's no clear town player who played better than the rest. Virtually every player had at least one mafia but struggled to get more than two or three. That said, I think this player was the key in storming back from the brink:

Spoiler: Best Losing Performance
Bell!

IMO, Bell was the key to town storming back near the end. He made the smart choice to defer to gorilla on Dunn, and had a strong scumread on Gammagooey that Rhyme followed in turn. Gamma's strategic positioning all game was frankly
awesome
, completely convinced gorilla that he should be untouchable, and I fully expected Gamma to be the last scum standing, so seeing him shot by Rhyme was a real surprise. Bell was meandering and middling as a clear early but I think he had his moment of vindication, taking gorilla's best suggestion while being vindicated at gorilla's expense in other ways. His Day 1 was also rough, but avoiding a full-claim was the key to dodging the scum RB that would have doomed him.

Next, we have the "Most Enjoyable Player to Watch" award. This isn't necessarily connected to how well someone played, and I enjoyed watching most of you. That said, this person stood out above the crowd to me and I enjoyed every second of f5ing to a new post of theirs:

Spoiler: Most Enjoyable Player to Watch
Kovu!

I loved Kovu this game and I will defend her with my life. She is completely insane (???? 1500 posts in a neighborhood HELP) but I will defend her with my life. I'd tab in and she'd be 4/4. I'd come back 5 minutes later and she was 1/4. I'd tab in and fireisredsir was definitely scum and it was time to 1v1 powertunnel. I'd f5 the next minute and fireisredsir is obviously town. She was passionate, she was energetic, she was indecisive, she was extremely sharp, she was extremely forgetful. Kovu was beautiful. I can't count how many posts I linked to fferyllt accompanied by a simple "???? what the fuck" or by "how on earth or her reads so good right now?", often minutes apart. Look, there were times when if I were a player I might have malded (Ex. The fakeclear on Cakez, the readflips and the sheer amount of times someone was definitely scum or definitely town). I wasn't a player, I don't care. Kovu #1. I will die for her.

It was always a matter of roulette where her reads would land at the end of the day, and it made for a 10/10 spectator sport.

The next award goes to my favorite moment of the game, the one that had me jumping up and down with glee and enjoying every second of watching it go through every twist and turn before finally unfolding into the most beautiful outcome imaginable.

Spoiler: Favorite Moment of the Game
Lukewarm/VP Baltar shooting each other like total dorks!

I hate gambits. Truly, I do. That said, Luke's idea of controlling a second vig shot honestly wasn't a bad idea. I expected something like this, though, and made sure mafia had ways to punish it in the form of the roleblocker. Luke claimed something the scum knew couldn't exist, finally got it fished out that it was a form of vig shot, Luke keeps trying to be greedy and get more from it instead of being direct, mafia now can work out he's a vig...but it doesn't happen. He's about to be rewarded, and I'm irrationally salty because god do I hate gambits. He's going to shoot Dunnstral and get rewarded.

Instead he shoots VP Baltar, who in turn shoots him because Luke's claim is plausibly scum while a straightforward vig wouldn't have been. The cherry on top was that Enchant
wanted
to chain a vig/invictus shot in this way, was jumping up and down ready to volunteer, and got told no.

I'm not actually trying to be mean. You shoot, you're wrong. You try a gambit and it doesn't work. It happens: to them, to me, to everyone, and it's not a reflection of how good both of these players are. That said, is this a bit of schadenfreude on my end? Maybe. Was it beautiful to watch those two nerds shoot each other as a result of Luke refusing to give up the ghost on the gambit? Absolutely.

Finally, we have the MVP award! Obviously this will go to someone on the scumteam, but who? Someone mentioned earlier that this was a real team effort, and I'd agree. fireisredsir obviously clutched out the W, Gammagooey was responsible for much of the strategic positioning and seemed fit to endgame before Bell and Rhyme called their shot, and Dunnstral dodged a near-miraculous number of invictus targets and the E-1 wagon. marcistar, while the weakest link, still made it to Day 2 and played an important part in her interactions. So who's the winner?

Spoiler: Most Valuable Player
fireisredsir!

Okay, they might have been the obvious choice after all, but what a performance. They started out the game strongarming towntells while keeping frankly underrated strategic angles in their interactions and how they pushed slots, and as a result went as a near-universal townread all the way up to Day 4. The only reason they ever got doubted at all is because they made the (IMO correct) decision to be less crisp in interactions and to YOLO it more for the sake of setting their team up to go further, which bought everyone a few more days. Finally, when it looked like it might backfire with the unexpected Gammagooey shot, they still managed to clutch out the three way and convince Kovu to hammer Fey instead despite the neighbor speculation.

And how did they convince Kovu? 112 pages and 1000+ posts in a neighborhood, many packed with solving attempts, player thoughts, and fake tone. This was all in addition to the extensive posting he had in the main thread. I think all of the scumteam was underrated, but at the end of the day fireisredsir takes it.

Congratulations to the winners of these moderator mini-awards, and thanks all for playing! Know that I enjoyed everyone this game regardless of whether or not it is reflected in the above.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3453 (isolation #77) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Prism »

Also, as the winner of the "Guess the length of the Kovu/fireisredsir PT!" minigame, Lukewarm with the help of marcistar has given me a wonderful new icon for the next 72 hours.

For posterity:

Horrible. I love it!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3456 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't yet have Hopes b/c I'm a broke ass bitch but I love FE3H, am very hype for when my quarter-collecting seeker yellowjackets bring back enough money for it

Hilda will be back after this 72 HOUR DISGRACE
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3463 (isolation #79) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Prism »

It's a quality shitpost, you made me proud marci
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3465 (isolation #80) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Prism »

No

I went UwU
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3467 (isolation #81) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Prism »

I, uh, no...Absolutely I never bust out random image edits...
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3468 (isolation #82) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Prism »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”