Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 2.2

FLAVOR
The initial steps for the constructing the new Selah Gigafactory were put in motion. A team of engineers, land surveyors, and urban planners were underway, staking out prospective plots for the new plant.

"Plenty of land, but the roads suck. Kind of nice, gives us a blank slate, town will probably work with us on whatever we want to do. We definitely don't want it to be in the center of the place. Still, we want to pick somewhere that's not too far from the town."

One old plot of land piqued their curiosity. A bunch of old warehouses just outside of town, some burnt out wood and others just a pile of scorched sheet metal. The location was ideal and the scraps wouldn't be too hard to clear out. One of the buildings even still looked usable.

"I wonder what happened here. Seems like every building just about caught fire at some point or another."

"Not like they could afford a real fire department."

"Guess it's just a lot of old abandoned industry. You know teenagers and drug addicts, half of 'em pyromaniacs. Nothing else to do in a place like this."

One catches sight of yet another burnt-out wreck tucked behind one of the buildings. Staring from behind the fence, he lets out a whistle.

"Real nice car out back though, at least it was once."

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(4)
Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301), Meuh (1406), Lukewarm (1507)
Meuh
(3)
fireisredsir (1348), Kovu (1360), Malakittens (1445)
Dunnstral
(2)
gorilla (1175), Gammagooey (1391)
Gammagooey
(2)
marcistar (1239), Enchant (1455)
Dwlee99
(2)
Fey (1569), VP Baltar (1571)
Val89
(1)
SirCakez (1165)
SirCakez
(1)
Val89 (1196)
Not Voting
(2)
Dwlee99, Bell (1468)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Malakittens
Lukewarm
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Val89
marcistar
Dwlee99
Gammagooey
Kovu
VP Baltar
Enchant
SirCakez
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 417, marcistar wrote:
In post 266, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 264, marcistar wrote:meuh needs to have more scumreads imo :pensive:
What changed? We you not just shooting down someone's scum read on her?
It might be a shock to some people, but i can actually change my mind sometimes!!!!.
Just gonna put this here.

This sure does feel like my reading of her post was the way she meant it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1569, Fey wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

Avengers assemble.
VOTE: dwlee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1572, Fey wrote:
In post 1369, Dwlee99 wrote:Arguments about who I'd kill are interesting given I certainly wouldn't be the one making the decision for who to kill given my activity

I've skimmed, ish, will try to be around later.
Idle thought that I had before but this post is weird. Kinda feels like wrong reasons irritation or not even irritation but like. *Hand waves.* Something in that world to me.
Wrong reasons irritation implies I'm town because the kill spec was all to say I was town
I prefer they, thanks :)
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Fey »

In post 1578, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1572, Fey wrote:
In post 1369, Dwlee99 wrote:Arguments about who I'd kill are interesting given I certainly wouldn't be the one making the decision for who to kill given my activity

I've skimmed, ish, will try to be around later.
Idle thought that I had before but this post is weird. Kinda feels like wrong reasons irritation or not even irritation but like. *Hand waves.* Something in that world to me.
Wrong reasons irritation implies I'm town because the kill spec was all to say I was town
Irritation isn’t the right word but it’s the closest I can find to say this post feels like you’re looking at the town speculating about the night kill you would or wouldn’t make and this quip is like a bit... TMI I guess is better wording, that you know you didn’t have input on a night kill but you were witness to it all.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay so we you've said how that post could make sense from a scum perspective but did you even consider how it also makes perfect sense from perspective of someone that didn't have input to a night kill because I don't have one?
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Fey »

Sure, that’s a possibility too.

But the vibe I got erred towards it being out of place/weird feeling because it just was like... “Of all the things to comment on?”
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What do you want me to comment on
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Fey »

Literally anything. You haven’t really given much as to your reads/thoughts/...anything beyond a few fleeting posts that aren’t helpful in terms of like. Solving. (Why am I partnered with/nightkill comments are interesting/the tell thing with Gamma.)

Like you just don’t seem to care... at all about doing so much as voting and I don’t see a reason not to pressure you. I get that you’re busy IRL but even the popins you do throw in are... tepid.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1484, Rhyme and Reason wrote:
In post 1356, Gammagooey wrote:gorilla was my strongest town read yesterday and I still strongly think that he's town, he's been active in sharing reads/opinions and in trying push scumreads/wagons yesterday until deadline came up, and his reaction to VPB felt VERY don't-give-a-shit-town to me. His recent responses to Meuh reinforce that point even more.
I intend to look into this, Gamma if you could elaborate/give examples that would be helpful. I would definitely like to avoid wagoning someone's strongest townread if possible.
In post 87, gorilla wrote:I'm not sure I have actual thoughts on Kovu dropping a reads wall on page 4 but I admire the spirit. Just don't wear yourself out, kid.
^Was very close to what I thought about the page 4 Kovu reads (in that I expect a page 4 readslist to be about as accurate as random.org, but being willing to put that much effort into the game is v. good for reading them and helpful for the game functioning well in the near future)
In post 87, gorilla wrote:I'm not sure I have actual thoughts on Kovu dropping a reads wall on page 4 but I admire the spirit. Just don't wear yourself out, kid.
In post 104, gorilla wrote:
In post 98, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 92, gorilla wrote:
In post 91, LavarManos wrote:For Val, nulltown maybe? Tako genuinely could be scum though. I can agree that the content is not great there.
VOTE: LavarManos

This feels like fake nuance.
This is a strange take given they were directly asked to present reads on those two slots.

I think this would be a better point if they had made this kind of statement while just making comments on the game, and were forcing content
I'm not accusing him of forcing content. I'm accusing him of faking nuance by drawing a distinction between 2 posters who have been entirely insubstantial to this point.
^A good post that feels like town finding something that pinged them and pushing that very early on

Spoiler: gorilla posts talking to VPB
In post 397, gorilla wrote:
In post 391, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 390, Val89 wrote:Still skimming, but is anyone else getting the feeling from the last couple of pages that Kovu really wants someone to scumread me for a lack of activity, and is getting frustrated noone is biting?
Wants literally anyone but Bell to be the yeet.
I mean, you are correct in that she has openly stated she doesn't want to elim Bell today. That's not really a secret.

The question follows: are you postulating that they are scum together?

Because that seems like such an over the top surface-level sort of worldbuilding that means you're either putting no thought into the game at all or are scum.
In post 408, gorilla wrote:
In post 404, VP Baltar wrote:@gorilla - it's a pretty straightforward question. Why are you being obstinate?
Because I think it's self-evident what I meant with a little bit of critical thinking and given that you're bringing it back up to passive-aggressively attack me, I really don't care to answer. You either think you're being clever and trying to trap me or are being intentionally malicious, but in either case it's a waste of my time. Part of me says scum wouldn't be so inflammatory toward every single detractor this early on, but at this point I don't find this worth bothering with, so I'm going to do something else instead.
In post 415, gorilla wrote:
In post 409, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 408, gorilla wrote:
In post 404, VP Baltar wrote:@gorilla - it's a pretty straightforward question. Why are you being obstinate?
Because I think it's self-evident what I meant with a little bit of critical thinking and given that you're bringing it back up to passive-aggressively attack me, I really don't care to answer. You either think you're being clever and trying to trap me or are being intentionally malicious, but in either case it's a waste of my time. Part of me says scum wouldn't be so inflammatory toward every single detractor this early on, but at this point I don't find this worth bothering with, so I'm going to do something else instead.
I try not to make assumptions about people's meanings and would rather ask "dense" questions, as Bell put it, than to take an implication as a given.

You've spent more energy not answering than simply stating clearly what you mean.

How many scum do you think are in that list? 1,2,3,4,5? This isn't passive aggressive, I actually want to know your meaning and thoughts. Christ.
Was a rough guess at a POE.
In post 434, gorilla wrote:
In post 427, VP Baltar wrote:@ gorilla - Glad you brought up LLD, because that's a headscratcher when I look at your list. You say people like Fey, RR and myself landed in your PoE because we hadn't made an impression on you one way or the other, which I can understand.

But, I'm slightly confused how LLD made an impression on you (or dwlee or Val for that matter, but let's talk LLD since you have experience with them).
This is a case where Im not sure how valuable putting those reads under the microscope is because as said it's based on gut, reasons are thin, and I could easily change my opinion pretty quickly. Something about the feel of LLD disliking people putting her in reads lists with 0 posts didn't feel like something scum would focus on. Her posting was not particularly high impact but I would've anticipated her trying to make a stronger impact as scum.

Again, this is admittedly a very weak gut feeling. You're asking questions about what amounts to the wobbly grey area in the middle of my reads where I'm kind of guessing right now, so I'm not going to be able to give strong reasoning for anything. I'm not sure what you're hoping to get out of asking me why someone is more nulltown than nullscum to me.

The bluntness of his responses to VPB feels very town to me - cutting through VPB's cheeky statement about Val to get to a point of "do you actually think Val & Bell are scum together" is very good, #415 & #434 feels like gorilla just shrugging and saying basically "yeah it was an offhand comment/thought, I'm not that confident in it so digging deep into it isn't going to be helpful long-term" which I think makes a lot of sense when someone's badgering you about reads you're not confident on.
In post 1317, gorilla wrote:
In post 1315, Meuh wrote:
In post 1303, gorilla wrote:Imagine thinking sheeping a troll who is openly not playing the game and probably has <<<rand voting accuracy is a good idea. The type of player who would have been an easy policy kill back in the day.

Anyawy, go ahead and scrutinize me. What are you getting out of this, exactly?
Since when am I sheeping? I already said Enchant's vote prompted me to reevaluate you, and I drew my own conclusions from there. For you to be this dismissive of it all is odd.
Enchant being a policy lim "back in the day" doesn't somehow make you less scummy, I don't care. The fact this is the angle you're approaching my vote with makes me think you're not engaging with me in good faith. :shifty:
In post 1313, gorilla wrote:I don't think scum were under any significant threat yesterday, and as such I believe we should look at people who were under-examined rather than simply revisiting people who were the main wagons on day 1 (marci, dwlee - although i'm still not totally sure about dwlee).
You mean we should look at people like you? Like what I'm doing at this very moment? You're pretty much the player who got the least pressure on day 1 :lol:
I'm dismissing it because your case against me is bad and insubstantial. It's not like there's a lot for me to respond to.

Like, what do you expect me to say here? Do you expect me to go "oh no you're right, I am scummy"? Do you expect me to go back and quote the posts where I gave reads to prove to you that I totally was scumhunting? Would that actually prove anything to you? Because I doubt it would. If I went "oh here are all my reads this game for XYZ reasons" would you care? You're not approaching me like you care about my perspective on the game, you're approaching me like you've decided you want to lim me and anything I say to you is further proof of my scumminess.

You're either town who is tunneling for very bad reasons, or scum who is sensing an opportunity to push me. Even if you are town I think the likelihood of you getting persuaded by anything I say is pretty small.
^Also seems to me like he thinks someone pushing him has a pretty decent chance of being town, and is still willing to be super frank about what he thinks of Meuh's case & play and what he thinks the chances of actually getting through to her when she's playing like this are. It doesn't feel like a post scum makes to me over something shorter and less attention-drawing and likely less irritating to Meuh when if he's scum he's going to have to continue dealing with Meuh & her read on him in the future.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1583, Fey wrote:Literally anything. You haven’t really given much as to your reads/thoughts/...anything beyond a few fleeting posts that aren’t helpful in terms of like. Solving. (Why am I partnered with/nightkill comments are interesting/the tell thing with Gamma.)

Like you just don’t seem to care... at all about doing so much as voting and I don’t see a reason not to pressure you. I get that you’re busy IRL but even the popins you do throw in are... tepid.
Yes this is fair. I'm mostly skimming and that is why mentions of my name elicit more of a response from me than other stuff
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

also as a heads-up I've only been able to skim the last 4-5 pages and probably won't have time to go over things in detail and actually process it until either late tonight, or possibly tomorrow evening/night.

@Dwlee, to followup on what Fey said I'd be fine hearing about almost anything read-related from you, though reads that don't have more than "they are/were voting me" are going to be less helpful to me personally to read you than other stuff.
Like aside from Lavar you voted marci & VPB Day 1 - do you think they look any worse/better given the flips or their Day 2 play so far? (and if you're not caught up yet then just saying "I think this after reading up to page X" is fine) Or do you have an opinion on gorilla and/or Dunn's play so far and how they've interacted Day 2?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Dwlee99

I am hulk
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't even remember why I voted Marci. With VPB I don't think I've seen anything that's made be like "wow so townie uwu" or whatever today
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1565, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1555, Meuh wrote:TLDR: I wasn’t in a particularly good mood and your vote felt like something that piled onto a general pushback against me so I didn’t really see a reason to individually address it.

If you wanna discuss it now, I’m down
ok

1) i don't think it's very reasonable to say that you're an easy read. i read through your flash games scumgame and you started off pretty strong and imo only really fell off near the end, but expressed a desire post-game to put in more effort next time and keep improving. i don't think you've really been around long enough to be declared as a polarized player. also, std just said this almost exactly to me in a game where people said he was out of his scumrange, and i ended up believing it, and he was scum, and i lost in elo by not voting him. so im not feeling super inclined to follow arguments along those lines rn

2) my reaction to seeing the lavar flip was that i may be seeing the game from the wrong angle and that if i was on the wrong page, then the people who i felt like i was on the same page with... may not have good intentions. did you feel that way at all, prior to my pushing back in your gorilla case?

3) walk me through your progression on lavar. when i reread i found it hard to believe as genuine, and felt like i may have had it backwards on who was scum in the interaction between you two. what did you see prior to that you felt were good vibes, enough for you to sheep a prior scumread? what made you decide to vote him in ? i thought that you adding on the reasoning in after the vote was kinda sketchy, although I agreed with it at the time

4) i know you've explained your thought process here a bit but i still feel like i need more. i just cannot understand how you were townbinning gorilla, even at the start of d2, then only really started considering him as a partner to marci, but still focused your push primarily on him, and now still seem to be scumreading him. can you summarize your reasons for scumreading gorilla, and what changed your read, independent of marci? just seems really counter to everything you've said about the slot previously. is also very odd considering you were one of the people declaring him town early

5) i still don't really buy your reasoning for scum being on the dwlee wagon. do you stand by that?
1) I'd argue with you about my play in Flash Games but that doesn't seem productive. I did say I want to improve, bc I think I've been playing poorly as either alignment as of late. I've been frustrated with this game for a bit but that's in large part frustration with myself. I don't think this means much to argue though so whatever, and your weariness because of std is fine.

2) Honestly? Not really. Though I'm not sure what you mean with "prior to my pushback". My reaction to the Lavar flip was kinda weird. I liked the voting bloc we had formed. So when Lavar flipped town, it was less "oh, my perspective on the game was wrong and I should reconsider" and more "oh, the bloc chose the wrong person" if that makes any sense? That's part of the reason why I got focused on the Lavar
wagon
more than Lavar themselves near the end of the day. The people, the timing, the unity, it felt right. That's why I wanted it to go through. and Lavar flipping town, while disappointing and not what I was expecting, didn't really shake that. I started questioning that a bit more though, as it got brought up and I came to make my own little readslist in and came to scrutinize what I was thinking a bit more.

3) Okay, so that moment. made me laugh a bit and felt good. Like it just radiated good energy. His reasoning for his vote on Tako also overlapped with my reasoning on Tako earlier, and my vote on Enchant at that point. also seemed natural and I liked it, though that may just be ego. The overlap in purpose between Lavar and I's votes also motivated my vote on Tako. I like joining votes other people place more than place standalone votes and I was interested in giving more merit to his ideas, both from the good recent vibes and to help sort him.
I didn't like the Marci wagon. I don't like sorting her day 1, the arguments against her didn't particularly hook me (I honestly barely remember them) and iirc the people pushing for her weren't the people I was most trusting of at the time.
Do keep in mind that the post Lavar made that I hated happened after my vote. I spotted something I did in the game just before this one as scum in a similar scenario. To me, this made Lavar very likely scum. In Flash Games, MathBlade came in to crush my dreams. I then threw out a tinfoil "jk... unless?" as a reaction as some sort of way to try to salvage the gamestate, as poor as that attempt was. Here, the flashwagon came to crush Lavar's dreams, and he had the same reaction of throwing out a tinfoil. That immediately felt terrible to me.

4) It's kind of a situation of a few factors coming together at the right time that made me turn around on Gorilla.
1. So I had made my readslist not long ago which was not only helpful to others but for me, to more fully anchor myself somewhere. I lose track of my own thought processes when there's 16 people to read.
2. After making that readslist, I realized there were too many people I thought were town who voted Dwlee for me to be scumhunting almost exclusively there. It didn't compile. So I was a bit more skeptical of people outside of that group.
3. I was more suspicious of Marci and saw associatives there (though you said independently of Marci, oops)
4. There was a vote on Gorilla, I like voting where there's votes.
5. I wanted to see where the wagon went to assess Enchant better, like I did with Lavar on day 1.
6. While making my readslist, I realized how unsubstantial my read on Gorilla was at that point. Questioning myself on it, it felt like an odd read to let exist in spite of this.
7. I looked at Gorilla's ISO because of Enchant's vote, and didn't like it. I spent a whole lot of words talking about associatives between Gorilla and Marci, but that wasn't the only thing that stuck to me there. It was just something I was interested in delving deeper into, and it was easier to express. It's hard to really show something like "Gorilla's content lacks much actual scumhunting". Like am I just supposed to quote some posts I think are a part of this? None of them on their own would adequately prove my point, because it's a wider pattern in his gameplay. Kind of like how several people (including myself) have complained about Dunn being less substantial later on in day 1. I don't recall anyone actually pulling out quotes from it, it's just broader issue with the way Dunn's played that can be seen by looking over a good deal of posts. I recommend anyone to ISO Gorilla and see if they get any similar impressions from his day 1.

5) Kind of. I think the assumption I was making was still very much stuck in my mentality that wasn't questioning the bloc we had formed on day 1. I still do think it's fairly likely for scum to want to jump on Dwlee near EOD to get more towncred. Plus I think scum like spreading their votes around, so I'm under the impression there's at least 1 scum who was voting Dwlee. I was probably overestimating this, though.
Like the Dwlee wagon is this: Kovu, Fey, Lady Lambdadelta, Gammagooey, SirCakez.
Kovu I think is town, Fey's been looking town to me as of late tbh, LLD is town, Gamma I'm meh on and same for Cakez. Not really insane scum potential in this pool imo. Also I could've sworn RR voted for Dwlee? But I guess not. I townread them anyways so it wouldn't change much.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

hmm ty for the detailed response, i can see where you're coming from more on some of the points

i still am not quite sure i buy the lavar progression as being genuine but i don't think there's much more you could say about it, seeing your perspective on your interaction with him is kiiiinda believable although i still feel like there was something weird with the energy there

for gorilla... so would you say that your main reasoning is that he lacks scumhunting? is there more to it than that? thats not really at all the impression that i get, i feel like i can track his thought process and i think he's mostly been making good points and being proactive to push the game forward. he hasn't really been in depth casing people but thats not necessarily an inherently towny thing to do anyway. he has clearly been reading the game and reassessing things, and rereading the ISO i don't feel like any of his movements seem scum motivated. even if you see it differently, i don't think that "not really scumhunting" supports a vote, considering the multiple other slots who would fit that description. why do you think he is more likely to be scum than them?

anyway i think that's an alright response overall and im okay with moving here for now

VOTE: Dwlee
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by gorilla »

Kovu, Bell, Gammagooey, fireisredsir
{Rhyme and Reason, Malakittens} - mechanical things?
VP Baltar, Meuh
Val89, marcistar, Enchant
Dwlee99, SirCakez, Fey, Lukewarm
Dunnstral

Where I'm at right now, reads-wise, tiers mostly unordered. Kind of just willing to trust the claim from Mala for now but I think on balance RnR is most likely town regardless.

I think Dunnstral is very likely a hit here, based on the way he's playing and the way the thread is treating him. Just...look at what he's done, look at how he's responded to pressure, he's significantly more concerned about saving his own skin than finding scum.

I also think that if Dunnstral flips mafia, Lukewarm should basically always die immediately after him. I think the way he went from promoting a townread of Dunnstral on day 1 to very quietly slipping him in at the end of his possible eliminations is very likely to be partner indicative. The thing about this is that I am the person he is voting, and presumably his biggest scumread right now. I am also the #1 anti-Dunn person in the thread right now, but when asked about it he doesn't really seem to acknowledge the fact that I'm the one pushing Dunn.

Now, people can suspect two different players who are both pushing each other and unlikely to be on a team together - I'm not holding him responsible for that. But I would expect some attempt to at least acknowledge the cognitive dissonance that comes from being willing to eliminate the person your top scumread is wagoning. He had none of that. To me, it looks significantly more like he is hedging his bets on Dunnstral.

I also think his response to light suspicion from me was pretty bad, an the way he's handling Mala's claim is actually what people are accusing me of - it reeks of scum afraid of being boxed in by mechanics. The way he keeps trying to push her and wants a full claim has significant scum motive to it, I believe.

I also think that if Luke flips scum, I'd basically clear marci as town, but that's a conditional on top of a conditional, and I'm not going to re-order my entire reads list based on that. Just keep it in mind for the future.

Fey...I had her as a suspect initially because I basically couldn't remember anything about her. But in th interest of fairness, I went through her iso again, and I still don't find anything I strongly townread from her. There's some analysis but it feels perfunctory, I'm not whelmed by any of it.

Relatedly, dwlee basically still doesn't have significant content in this game. I don't truly know what to make of it. I could easily see them flipping scum, but I would be equally unsurprisedif they were town who just never got their head in the game and was an easy misflip. Regardless, if nothing changes from them I would be okay with them dying at some point.

I very much doubt that both are scum here, though. One max, if dwlee is scum I feel significantly better about Fey. They're both in that kind of "maybe, maybe not" area for me.

I already addressed cakez in an earlier post.

Meuh is...someone I struggle with. Now that fire is articulating his points against Meuh more clearly, I can see what he means and it makes me hesitate, but...I still don't know. I find a lot of other people more suspicious than her. I'm trying to
not
OMGUS because I find doing so tends to be inaccurate, and I thought her perspective, if flawed, made sense as coming from a town player. Maybe if I'm wrong on Dunnstral she's worth re-examining but I kind of doubt the scumteam openly piles on me like that - I'd expect at least a couple to try to stay off me and keep their hands clean. I did go so far as to check her scum game in the completed mini normal to see if she would do a sort of bold partner defense, but it didn't really feel like that. Would revisit her if one of the names below her was able to be cleared.

I had been rereading fire's ISO last night and he still seems like an obvious townie. I could maybe towncase Gamagooey is necessary? That's one where I don't remotely get the scumreads on him at all because it seems so self-evident to me.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by marcistar »

whats votes like rn
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

beep boop
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1389, VP Baltar wrote:It's literally what you're doing with dunn. You just posted about.
Dunn's vote on Lavar was bad regardless of my stance. Lavar flipped town and scum were almost certainly involved in the flip. It's like you're arguing we should just not be scumhunting based on Lavar being town.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1400, VP Baltar wrote:Town enchant is freer and tosses votes around a lot more. This enchant knows he is probably going to get invictused and is trying to keep his head down mostly. That's my read based upon recent games I've played with enchant town.
that said this is a decent argument for Enchant scum. the guy has been totally useless.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by SirCakez »

reiterating that the gorilla wagon is horrible
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Not to beetle juice gorilla calling me and dunn parters or anything, but I actually think that I would prefer a Dunn elim to a dwlee elim.

Gorilla I did notice that you were pushing dunn. However, I am not convinced on either of your alignments enough to use that to clear either of you. Obviously, if either of you do flip scum then I will re-evaluate the other, but definitely not taking either of you off for the other one.

Also, you are not my biggest scum read rn. Cakez is. You were just simultaneously on the bottom half of my reads and an existing wagon that could reasonably go through with out me needing to commit major energy into making it happen. At a time where I actively didn't want a Meuh elim, and she was the other leading wagon

Spoiler:
In post 1376, Prism wrote:
PlayerVotes
gorilla
(4)
Enchant (1291), Meuh (1292), Dunnstral (1296), Rhyme and Reason (1301)
Meuh
(4)
Fey (1168), VP Baltar (1221), fireisredsir (1348), Kovu (1360)
SirCakez
(2)
Lukewarm (1195), Val89 (1196)
Val89
(1)
SirCakez (1165)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (1175)
Enchant
(1)
Gammagooey (1213)
Gammagooey
(1)
marcistar (1239)
Not Voting
(3)
Bell, Malakittens, Dwlee99

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-12 15:30:00).

Like, here is the most recent VC.

I have been on Cakez with little movement happening that direction. So feeling like it won't happen today.
I actively don't want Meuh to be eliminated, so no interest in going there.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1416, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1412, Lukewarm wrote:What about you being able to confirm that Bell is town would have meuh "get rocked" for suspecting you?
I think the way I played that is pretty obviously town, which of course I'm subjective about, but objectively, if I'm scum and get that message, I doubt I come out immediately and start crumbing before Bell posts. Scum!VP would have waited for Bell to make the first move before posting. So ultimately, I think Meuh looks worse for attacking me baseless at day start.
this is just irrelevant scum!Baltar gains nothing from covering up the confirmation because it would just create a 1v1 with Bell and him
In post 1445, Dunnstral wrote:I don't like how they tried to shade me with meta that isn't true and then said they weren't talking about meta anymore when they pretty much still were
literally never said this but ok
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Dunn's reaction to me calling him scum is really bad. It's exactly how he'd play this as scum (and has happened before) and I'm about to go find the receipts to prove it.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”