Newbie 617 (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Qman »

wo
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Qman »

Just got home. Memorial day weekend is teh fun.

More when I'm functional
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Qman »

Darox wrote:Bazza and Qman still AWOL.

Unvote, Vote: Qman

Lets get this bandwagon rolling, maybe we might hear something from him.
I posted a few before you. You already heard something.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Qman »

most poeple haven't said much, but i grant you the point.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm reading the thread over the course of tonight, I'll post either tonight or tomorrow morning with my thoughts. (tue-sat are my work days, so expect most of my posts to be sun/mon.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Qman »

A few thoughts as i read through

I see where armix is going on zim.. I need to tumble it about my head for a bit though it could be a planned soft tell. For now I have to agree though he (zim) probably isn't the best pick today.
Darox wrote:I had no intention of getting Qman even as far as -2, I wanted to see if I could get a rise out of him and spark some discussion.
Unlikely, getting a rise out of me is next to impossible. :)

more to come.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Qman »

caf19 wrote: Also, Qman isn't saying much. Probably hypocritical of me to point that out, but hey, I'm posting more from now on. Got anything to say, Q?
as i read through again, I'll answer this up to this point.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with brandi/armix. I'm leaning to thinking that Brandi is being upfront. Armix's play to this point (your post) is really sketchy to me. He hasn't been really pro-town in his play as far as mike-zim is concerned.

Not really getting much off anyone else.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Qman »

You know, at the end of page 3, I heavily suspect armix of being a little hinky. There was NO reason to say what he did, when he did, about mike-zim's tell, but he said it anyways. I don't think armix is a bad enough player to make that sort of mistake, as he had to know he'd get hammered about his vague statement, if not by the IC's that also saw it, then the new players that didn't. I'm wondering if he's just trying to buddy up to the town faction as a whole so he can say "i told you so" later on.

on to page 4!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Qman »

Page 4 thoughts:

@Bazza- fence sitting, while annoying, does come from some pro town people. New ones more oft than now.

@darox as of now, armix is my top suspect, because he was either intentionally calling out mike's tell, (which truth be told i missed my first read through) or well... that's about it really. I don't think armix is capable of being that careless. I'd have to say I think Brandi is probably town, though i could see armix-brandi scum distancing early. Otherwise I like ca19s postings so far.

It's also possible mike and (insert name here) are scum and the partner or mike decided to play the tell he has played. I'm not ruling out anything at this point.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:armlx never mentioned that I was flippant. He said something or other about opportunism or something like that. what the heck does flippant mean anyway?
flip·pant [flip-uhnt] –adjective
1. frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness; characterized by levity: The audience was shocked by his flippant remarks about patriotism.

=)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #146 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Qman »

Bazza-Scumfinder wrote: I swear i am townie, voting for me is a mistake.
You know... that doesn't do anything to make you look townie right? I mean... really, you do know that?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #147 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Qman »

clammy wrote:
Darox at 80 wrote:For now, I am fine with Mike and armlx both staying alive today, but if I don't hear what armlx has to say on the matter day 2 then I think we should lynch both of them, starting with armlx.

Reason being, theres two likely reasons why he is doing this, and one of them involves them both being scum.
CrapLogicTM.

Cannot believe this was missed! All of the following conversation, the words (oh the words! - oh my eyes!) together do not equate to anything compared to this comment.

It's logical, oh yes, but Darox, let me guess this straight, you want to determine who our D2 and D3 lynches are on page 4??

*facepalm*

unvote; vote: darox
I've got to agree with this post too, I was going to mention it later but... seriously, telling us who we should lynch in the next couple days is A.) Foolish bad town play, and B.) a well known scum tell.

If we mislynch today here is how the "Armix then mike" plan works.

D1 mislynch, NK

5 town 2 scum

Is armis is town

3 town 2 scum after a nk and the mislynch.

Keep pushing that mike lynch, if he's town we lose.

bad bad bad idea to talk about future lynched d1
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Qman »

angelmouse wrote:Firstly

armlx-Mike thing.

Now i got very early on at what armlx was hinting at and i think the matter should have been left alone from there. Those that forced armlx's hand, so to speak, are those that i feel are much more suspicious at the moment than either of these two. Mike was over eager, something that happens in many newbie games, and is a complete null tell on the scum front. If armlx and mike are scum partners then linking themselves on page 2 is extremely dangerous play something i know armlx wouldn't do. The only possible avenue i can see that links either one as scum is armlx since he could be pairing himself up with mike so if he dies and is confirmed town armlx looks more town, but I don't believe this at this point. Further time and that might change, but I don't find armlx overly scummy just now. I also don't find mike scummy at the moment at all, just a complete novice finding his feet. Those that forced this issue between them should be looked at in more detail.
Do you think armix had any valid and clear reason to intimate what he did about mike when he did? I don't think it was needed and as I've said before, I don't think armix would be that casual or careless about doing so.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm still working the whole game over but my basic thoughts are up right now.

I'm not sure about Armix, he'd probably be #2 on my list.

For now I'm going to
vote Bazza-scumfinder
for the appealing of "you'll regret it i'm town! I promise!" That statement (or it's like) I consider strongly anti town statements to make.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #286 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:
Right now I'm not 100% if Bazza is desperate scum or desperate townie... But man its a bit disappointing to see all that arguing and not a word from Mike, AM, or Q-man....
I'm tryin! I tend to be a block poster.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #288 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Qman »

@Brandi, you guys (Without me!!) are putting up over a page a day on average, as much as I wish I had the free time every day to keep up I don't rigfht now. I'm both sick, and am busy gettting my wedding details finalized. Busy I am.

While getting itchy that i have posted in the last 2 days while understandable, is also a little annoying for me, I'm not trying to not post but you people are post machines.

It also is part of why i multi post alot. that and alt tabbing with notepad is just aggravating. but if you wish me to do bigger posts, in a lesser number i can do that. my quick posts and the sheer number comes as i catch up in games.

Reading through.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #330 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm not confortable with bazza being L-1 while i haven't been able to read up therefor

Unvote

It's entirely possible that the vote will return later tonight but for now I'd rather it not be there. I've got a four hour block tonight where I'll be free to catch up, so I'll be up to date then.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Qman »

PST

Hamtaro rules.

Reading starting now.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #335 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:EST here. ;) Alright, It must be good because its been a while!
I've got a fistfull of notes made over 8 pages of paper (daaamn i didn't think it'd take that much!) Now to compile it. this might not get up until tomorrow. I hadn't noticed just how far back I was. I'm workin though.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #337 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Qman »

The above was supposed to state 86 pages of paper.

I'm going to post the short short version for now addressing Bazza and to a minor degree armix. I'll finish sorting my notes while I'm on the road tomorrow (It's my wife to be's birthday, we'll be driving around for 4 hours).
Players:

Darox - pt
caf19 - t
Bazza - s
clammy - t
mike - pt
Brandi - t
armix - s
angel - n
The above is my current alignment list for this game that I have stickied to my monitor.

t = townie
pt = prohibitive townie
n = no solid read (also known as prohibitive lurker scum)
s = scum

@Bazza --- wow man.

There are 337 posts in the thread. 74 are yours. I've got "Bullshit" or "BAD POST" on half your posts. 34 actually but who's counting. You are being irrational and screaming at people to accept your arguments at face value. You say you discredit attacks against you... but I certainly don't think you have, and I hate to break this to you.. you saying you discredited something doesn't make it so.

You then say (I'm paraphrasing a dozen posts here) Armix is scum. There is no way he isn't. Several times you say 100% sure. IF you are town, you can't be 100% sure. Period. This is an irrefutable fact. You also have no "solid proof" as you refer to in post 235. I can also promise you than none of your kicking and screaming will cause me to focus on armix. more than i would otherwise. After/if you get lynched today he's already lined up in my number 2 slot for his mike link.

You also say (to clammy i think)
Bazza wrote: your views have been totally tunnel-visioned
I hear a phone ringing kettle, I think pot is calling you.

You have serious OMGUS issues. You have serious WIFOM issues. You have serious issues with Appealing to Emotion to much.

You are a tad prideful... if you like. You keep saying you are playing well, but you aren't... If you are town, you will probably be lynched D1. That doesn't make you a good townie. It's poor play. Period. If you are scum and get lynched, it's pretty obvious thats bad play. You screaming you are playing well doesn't work and is just distracting noise. Saying something is true =/= it being true.
Bazza wrote: The reason there is no defense of me is because i have NO mafia partner.
Bub, I hate to tell you this, but that doesn't help you at all, a scum partner would have to be an all time moron to get between you and your imploding play.

You also get personally offensive and insult people who don't agree with you, or think you are scum. This isn't a good way to not get lynched, or to make friends. It reads as flailing scum that is trying to find a way out. It also makes you look immature. At one point you said
Bazza wrote:I'm kinda looking forward to my death now
the comment I wrote right above that on my paper? "So am I, you'll shut up. " That's word for word. You aren't defending yourself you are flailing and drowning. Even if you are town,
I feel the town is better off with you dead than alive, due to your play.
This is normally an attitude I storngly disagree with, but you are proving the exception to the rule.

There are valid cases posted against you,
regardless of if you think they are valid.

The only two people I'd vote for as things stand are Bazza and Armix. I have serious problems with Armix' early play which I'll dive into at a later point. I need to decide if I want do that today or tomorrow.

The sad part is, my instinct is telling me that I'd rather see Armix lynched today, but my head and reason tell me it should be you.

vote Bazza

I'm sorry man but if you are town, you played very poorly, you've flip flopped and flailed to the point were all you are is a distraction which will only hurt the town. Plus your death will give us loads of info to work off of, one way or the other.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Qman »

caf19 wrote:This is better from Qman. Q, you've also got armlx down as scum, any reasoning for that apart from his mike link?
Several honestly, but I don't have the time right now to sort through my notes, just about to head out.

THe mike bit is a major contributor.

@brandi It's easier to find things on paper, searching pages of a forum is... meh. Doubly so in a fast paced game.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #364 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Qman »

armlx wrote:
clammy wrote:5 posts in 3 days - 3 of which are mine - where are our LAs??
This appears to be a legitimate issue. We have reach a point where anyone who has said anything has nothing else to say.
qft
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #476 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by Qman »

caf19 wrote: Qman needs to speak up, though - it's been 9 days since he posted. Qman, are your opinions still the same?
Pretty much. I'm wondering if angel will ever get replaced. I guess I could for now at least
Unvote
while we wait, leaving bazza L-1 probably isn't the best idea. Once we have a full compliment of players I'll be much happier... but nothing has come up to change my mind on who I think should be today's lynch.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #479 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Qman »

*snores*
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #499 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:P.S. Qman, despite being on my side on the armlx thing, this is scummy as hell:
Even if you are town, I feel the town is better off with you dead than alive, due to your play. This is normally an attitude I storngly disagree with, but you are proving the exception to the rule.

There are valid cases posted against you, regardless of if you think they are valid.

The only two people I'd vote for as things stand are Bazza and Armix. I have serious problems with Armix' early play which I'll dive into at a later point. I need to decide if I want do that today or tomorrow.

The sad part is, my instinct is telling me that I'd rather see Armix lynched today, but my head and reason tell me it should be you.
Feel like revisiting that discussion, now?
Gladly, I'll address this and my thoughts both now and then when i get the time later tonight.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #511 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:P.S. Qman, despite being on my side on the armlx thing, this is scummy as hell:
Even if you are town, I feel the town is better off with you dead than alive, due to your play. This is normally an attitude I storngly disagree with, but you are proving the exception to the rule.

There are valid cases posted against you, regardless of if you think they are valid.

Okay then, sorry this took longer than i wanted it too.

Frankly i'm aware of how bad it looks to say that. Basiclly Bazza's raving at the point i said that was keeping me form getting a good read on everyone else, sans armix. The clutter he was throwing up both screwed with my reads, and was pretty frustrating. That said he's not quite as bad now. I've also been rethinking my thought that we'd learn alot off his lynch. We probably wouldn't learn much of anything, in fact, as everyone has just pushed the same track.

I'd love to lynch Bazza for my
personal
comfort level. That doesn't realy translate to wanting his lynched for the good of the game, hence my vote, unvote, vote, unvote. I'm not sure where i stand and I suspect I'm just not seeing through the clutter.

Armix on the other hand as I've said before, has alot to answer for and he's still my preferred "gut" lynch, I really can't reconcile his comments about mike zim with even half good IC play, as there was no reason for the comment. I spent a bit brainstorm and I'd have to agree with you, it reads as a possible leading of a scum buddy and if in fact that is true I highly suspect we have a Mafia Roleblocker that is not Armix, who'd probably be a standard goon pointing the RB in case of his lynch.

The above is of course, pure speculation. It could just be directing a night kill in case of lynch. The one thing I do know is he painted a HUGE target on mike's back.

I'll go with my gut feel for now and
vote: armix
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #545 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Qman »

Wednesday I'll be free to post, and shall. Nothing more till then.

*placeholder post*
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #589 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Qman »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:well crap.

Doc loss night 1 is not good.

This may be totally screwed up of me, but the length on N1 makes me suspect Brandi who can't get on very much, It also heavily implicates (wifom) those on armlx's wagon and case yesterday/

Looking into Bazza/Brandi for now post more later
1.) Doc loss, totally expected given Armix' claim.

2.) It is screwed up to suspect people based on night length, a good mod will wait a set amount of time no matter what to post the night scene. For all we know the mafia could have sent in a kill the same day (real time) Baza was lynched.

3.) Frankly, thats shoddy wifom as the two people who were on the chopping block were both town. Armix was on the chopping block for a boneheaded comment about mike zim (read: you). He deserved that pressure for what he said at the very least.

I on the other hand have you on the top of my list. Mike came off to me as waffling scum, being non committal trying to float in the middle of the river. Your ... interesting.. comment on the doc death ain't helpin you either.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #590 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Qman »

An addition to 2.) from above, 3 days for a night/day cycle is pretty standard.. and that's what we had.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #593 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:Darla, the deadline for a kill was 9PM EST, and I wasn't even home from Florida till midnight. Even if I WERE Mafia, someone else would have had to send in the kill, not me, because I wasn't present. In fact, nights are generally extended to prevent any sort of assumptions like that right there Darla. If you see someone browsing the sight the moment a game gets re-opened for the next day, then someone could easily assume that that person browsing the sight was the person who sent in a kill. I'm actually pretty surprised armlx was killed. When I was reading through, I pretty much assumed the doc claim had to be fake, as in, armlx was just trying to avoid being lynched and someone else would turn up dead the next morning.

However, Mr.Flay. You were very quick to hammer Bazza weren't you? You didn't even wait for a reaction from the majority to his claim. That seems pretty scummy to me.
FOS:Mr.Flay

Just because you are a very experienced and loved player doesn't mean I don't think for a second that you might not be scum! You've been pretty pro-townie appearing up until now. I don't understand why you would do something like that. =/

Also, Darla, what do you mean looking into Bazza? He's
dead
and DIDN'T turn up scum.
I really expected Armix to still be alive today, doc or not. He'd look REALLY bad if he didn't die. there's a bit of wifom there, but whatever.

I wasn't able to post during twilight, but I would have hammered bazza if Flay hadn't. Take that for what it is worth. I *really* wish the forums were set up for mobile posting, most of my reading is done on my Q9M.

A bit MORE wifom, I don't think Flay hammering was that bad, we had two viable options for a lynch and one claimed doc... but that could be colored by the fact that I would have hammered too.

I suspect Darla meant trying to look into the push against Bazza.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #599 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Qman »

Darox/Clammy prods please, as i just noticed they still ain't said nothin
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #611 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Qman »

Checking in, I'm working (ever so slowly) on a reread. My birthday is this weekend, and I'm going away for a few days... it's likely I won't get a significant post up until July 21.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #616 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Qman »

Um, so that's L-1. I'd really appreciate an unvote from someone. It really doesn't help that my top two are the first and third vote either.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #618 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Qman »

clammy wrote:
Qman at 337 wrote:
Players:

Darox - pt
caf19 - t
Bazza - s
clammy - t
mike - pt
Brandi - t
armix - s
angel - n

The above is my current alignment list for this game that I have stickied to my monitor.

t = townie
pt = prohibitive townie
n = no solid read (also known as prohibitive lurker scum)
s = scum
Qman at 589 wrote:I on the other hand have you
[Darla]
on the top of my list. Mike came off to me as waffling scum, being non committal trying to float in the middle of the river. Your ... interesting.. comment on the doc death ain't helpin you either.
I know it's now D2 but it struck me on a limited re-read that you haven't had a whole lot to say since your original D1 content run that ended in a clearly developed "alignment" list. I guess given the lack of content i'd like to know where you stand in the game atm?
Working on it, see post 611.

clammy wrote: Also, could you clear this up for me please?:
Qman at 589 wrote:1.) Doc loss, totally expected given Armix' claim.
"Qman at 593"]I really expected Armix to still be alive today, doc or not. He'd look REALLY bad if he didn't die.
These posts were only 9 minutes apart, i guess i'd like to know what was going through your head at the time.

Cheers.

PS: noticed you just posted,
unvote
as requested,
psuedo-vote: darox
Explaining this goes into a good bit of WIFOM, but here goes.

My initial post about the doc loss being expected was in direct response to this:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:well crap.

Doc loss night 1 is not good.

This may be totally screwed up of me, but the length on N1 makes me suspect Brandi who can't get on very much, It also heavily implicates (wifom) those on armlx's wagon and case yesterday/

Looking into Bazza/Brandi for now post more later
First post coming out and going "Oh no the Doc is dead, that's bad" is just... hinky. This fed more into my suspicion that she is scum. It felt *very* hollow.

It was expected.. I would have been surprised, and hella suspicious of Armlx if he hadn't died. I
expect
the claimed Doc to die if they aren't scum. When they don't it raises questions on the validity of the claim.

The second post (
and this really is deep fried in WIFOM
) is my personal view when I play scum. I prefer to do the unexpected, and in that situation I would have left armlx alive. He probably wouldn't be *too* hard to get mislynched. It would definitely have discredited him. I work really hard not to be predictable on my NK's as scum. Hence my NK of the easiest townie to get mislynched in Newbie 526. (I must add, Having Flay like this was awesome!) And pushing my scum buddy to *not* kill the Politician in Election Day Mafia. If I figure a town role out I try to use it against the town and armlx was set up perfectly for that.

But then again, sometimes the unexpected when you play to that pattern is the standard kill. WIFOM MONSTER WILL EAT ME!.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #619 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Qman »

And money where mouth is, etc etc

vote: DarlaBlueEyes
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #630 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Qman »

got my prod. (copies other people) between turning 30 and getting married next month, i.. forgot about this game. oops

More later.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #639 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Qman »

I've let Flameaxe know, but I'm posting here, I'm very likely going to need to be replaced, as I'm going to be gone off the net from Aug 18th until Sept 10th. I'm getting killed time wise right now. =(
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #650 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:
caf19 wrote:Whenever Flay promises a post, he fails to deliver. It's quite worrying...
Yeah, what's up with that guy?

:oops: Sorry, site and other duties have been seriously eating my head. No sudden hammer this time.
caf19 wrote:Darla hasn't actually tried to defend herself against my accusations, which is puzzling. I say she needs to die and she doesn't even bat an eyelid? I'm not sure what to make of that, since it isn't helpful for scum to do that either.
The usual reason for that (if the person is scum) is that their partner is on the wagon and they're either prepared to go down for the team, or they believe the partner will jump off if things get any more serious. Since caf is the one asking here, that
leans
toward a Qman partner, but obviously that requires one successful lynch here first. No big data yet, but I want to get as much out there for Qman to reply to before he is replaced (or we lynch him, of course). Qman can you reply to this post when you get a chance?

I'm more intrigued that the Brandi-Darla axis (against me) seems to have morphed into a full-on feud. Distancing or normal townie behavior? Hard to tell in a game this slow (and yes, I take partial blame for that).

I'm disinclined to think Darox is scum at this moment in time. He was too consistently on bazza's case, something newbie scum are often loathe to do. Since they
know
the case is crap, D1 flip-floppers are more likely to be scum than D1 tunnel-visioners.

No real read on clammy at this moment. If pushed to vote, I'd vote Darla, but not without everyone chiming in at least once more first.
What particular part of this do you want me to reply to, just in general or...?

I suspect Darla/mike because mike was very very non-committal, something that armlx say as a cop tell, and i see as newbie power role tell. Darla has been really laid back about getting lynched and doesn't really seem to care. I agree that Darla's apparent lack of concern about getting sturng up is odd, but it's not odd enough to make me unvote her.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #651 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Qman »

By the way I can start chiming in from work now, i finally got my phone configured to work on mafiascum after 3 months of talking to verizon. >_<

wooo
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #652 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Qman »

it is my intent to post a review on at least one person a day. I will also address any questions directed at me
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #655 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Qman »

oddities tend to have the effect of makng me bounce my vote while I reassess. i find it odd but not.... odd in a way that makes me worried about my vote placement. that was also in part directed at your comment that scum partner hop of the wagon once it doesn't seem safe to be on anymore. I was also trying to be subtle in responding to that point you made without trying to make it look like I wasn't saying "oh yeah? ill show you I won't unvote because you said I might".

by the way, by bouncing my vote I mean stuff like my unvote/vote again later bouncing I did with bazza

posy made on phone. typos and formating suckage
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #672 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Qman »

working on a write up oopf our two l-1 people. will be done today
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #682 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Qman »

Darox wrote:I've been wondering.

Qman, what would you do if Darla flipped town?

Clammy, what you would you do if Darla flipped scum? If I flipped town?
Brandi, what would you do if Darla flipped scum? If I flipped town?

Call it idle curiosity.
Working backwards a bit to start...

Honestly, that depends on who dies during the night and I don't want to show my hand on that. I do have a good feeling on what I'd do given if one particular person bites it versus another.

I'd be surprised though, I'd look hard at caf following me onto her as alot of the vote "feels" based on my vote reasons... and mine aren't clearly defined, for multiple reasons. That means caf and darox (Though darox is in the posititon of being the other target today) would be scrutinized.. My top two *if* darla flips town would be brandi and caf. My gut is telling me the scum two of darla/brandi/clammy... if darla flips town i'd probably focus mostly on the other two with a hard eye for caf as well.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #684 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Qman »

I approve of the pissing contest between posts 657 and 651! /sarcasim

moving on...
Brandi wrote:
Qman pg 26 post subj#618 wrote:The second post (and this really is deep fried in WIFOM) is my personal view when I play scum. I prefer to do the unexpected, and in that situation I would have left armlx alive. He probably wouldn't be *too* hard to get mislynched. It would definitely have discredited him. I work really hard not to be predictable on my NK's as scum.
Qman says he does the unexpected when hes scum, but in actuality I think that the unexpected in which she refers to would have actually been the smart thing to do. If armlx would have lived passed N1 and there still was a NK, scum would have gotten a free lynch out of armlx AND another NK just like that. Seriously, if a claimed Doctor lives while theres no time for a counter claim, theres no way everyone ISN'T going to be on his tail. I also realize what armlx was doing on D1, and it totally makes sense despite the fact that its a bit crazy. I'm sure all of you get the REAL reasons for his strange D1 behavior and how it correlates to him being a doctor. Anyway, my point is, and this is completely WIFOM, but its my personal opinion that whoever is scum or whoever sent in the NK choice hardly gave it any thought at all. I don't think the experienced players would have NKed armlx. So this is one reason why I think that Qman, Clammy, or Mr.Flay most likely are not the scum. Though, I have other major reasons as to why I believe Qman and Clammy to both be completely pro-town. Mr. Flay I am not as sure of....
She?? Anyhows.. Also recognize that there is a risk in not killing the doc for scum... if the got a good protect that’s two confirmed town players. That leaves scum in a 6 on 2, with 2 confirmed. NOT good odds. Sometimes you roll the dice, some times you don't. When that play backfires you are nice and screwed scum.

I'm not comfortable with your 3 person group that you feel good about. It's a common scum tactic to give a list of 3 people and plug the partner in it as town. For some reason it's the list of THREE people that triggers that thought to me, as it's easier to hide a buddy up and tie in three than two or one.

Yes I know I just posted a list of three people I don't really like much, but for some reason I think those two things are different...

Brandi wrote:Anyway, I'd like to add in what I think is some very common sense. The bazza-wagon was MOST DEFINITELY a scum driven wagon. Think about it, The SCUM knew he was innocent. All they had to do was keep pushing bazza and the town would eventually tear him to shreds. Armlx was the one who was pushing the most IMO, but Darox I would say was probably the second most stuck towards lynching him. Clammy was also on Bazza for a while, but he pulled off, and was still mainly interested in Darox. DBE, just kept chiming in with her willingness to lynch him. Mr.Flay is the one that hammered, but after thinking about it, I know that he did it for a very good reason. As for Caf19, well, I'm not so sure. I get a lot of mixed feelings when I read some of his posts. If he turned up scum I wouldn't be TOO surprised, but it would still be a surprise. I've been trying to get an analysis on him and while he seems pretty pro-town my gut tells me I'm probably missing something.
Yeah but they also knew the armix wagon was on an innocent, and they both ended up at L-1. There really wasn't much risk for scum there.

The only person I'm comfortable with as town is Flay. He hammered when (i feel) he had to yesterday, and hammered the only option that was there for a town player. The fact that he didn't hammer here speaks well of him as well. However it also makes the specter of a Flay/DBE scum pair float in the back of my head to be recalled at a later date should I need it. I’m not that sold on this idea but later on it’s worth keeping in mind.

This post by Brandi really bothers me. I overlooked some of the middle of the day screwiness because of the call phone business and I know how that is but I've been uncomfortable with Brandi for a while.

Direction change: Brandi off the post.

unvote:Vote Brandi
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #685 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Qman »

Simulpost (ten minutes apart but still)

I'm feeling the Darla claim. It has the exact same tone I tend to have on my posts when i'm town and getting lynched. Makes me more confident in moving to brandi
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #686 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Qman »

Correction: that pissing contest was 657 and 661!

I still think Darla could be scum but I find it alot less likely than I did 20 minuts ago when I first say the question about her cardflip. At this point I'd be surprised if she did't flip town.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #688 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Qman »

Qman wrote:Correction: that pissing contest was 657 and 661!

I still think Darla could be scum but I find it alot less likely than I did 20 minuts ago when I first say the question about her cardflip. At this point I'd be surprised if she did't flip town.
First saw!! saw!! not say!! blaaaaahhhhh
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #689 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm not going to go in depth on darox and darla now, my brain has me going off in another direction. I need a careful look at the first 50 or so post after the day started right now.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #693 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:Hmm. Update. I believe Darla is town now. Still totally believe Darox is scum. Also I have no idea where Qman is going with his latest posts. Very confusing, no idea what point hes trying to make. Seems really off to me. He lists a ton of people, makes me think he really doesn't know what to think. Still think hes town, just not at the top of his game.
This isn't a surprised it's both partially intentional, and partial because right now in in stream of conscienceness mode, meaning I'm tossing my thoughts out there as I think things over.
Brandi wrote: I don't get it clammy, why are you voting for Caf? He hasn't been here and you havent expressed any old or new suspicions towards him. Are you just taking shots in the dark because you can't trust your own scum hunting abilities?
This post bugs me for reason I can't quite quantify. The informed minority tends to take a few shots in the dark no matter what.. and why do you seem to have a problem with us pressuring him?
Brandi wrote: Interesting thing, that Post subject: 687:
Darox, who is in a false dilemma wrote:OMG IF DARLA IS TOWN THAT MEANS IM DEFINITELY GOING TO INSTANTLY DIE TOMORROW!!! I CANT DIE IN LYLO, ILL LOSE! EVERYONE UNVOTE ME AND HER GOGOGO. U KANT LET ME GET LYNCHDED. IT R BAD. CUZ I AM SCUM.
Darox it totally scum. Hes taking advantage of the fact that we aren't so sure of ourselves anymore.

Unvote, Vote:Darox
(Just a reminder.)

You can't fool me Darox with your mind games. DIEDIEDIE.
This really isn't attractive from a pro-town player. Just sayin.

I find the fact that you are overlooking my vote for you worth noting.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #694 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Qman »

before i get rolled over a spit for it, the "us" in the above post means the town in general. Pressure on people no one has a good read on is hardly ever a bad thing.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #697 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote: Qman: If your secondary suspect is Darox, why were you voting Darla before? Why didn't you vote Darox when clammy unvoted?
Darox isn't my second... and I don't remember saying that.. did I? o_0

Brandi and Clammy are my main suspects atm. Darox isn't my favorite but I don't think I'm willing to help contribute to his lynch today. There is part of me that wants to go after clammy today more than Brandi but I'm okay with Brandi pressure for now. I really don't get Darox chasing caf.

Lets not say I'm given Darla a pass, shes still a bit hinky in my eyes but for now.. I'd rather look elsewhere.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #707 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:Something is
weird
here. Why do we think caf19 will come back because of voting? What makes people believe Darla here, the appeal to emotion? The vanilla claim? I'm not saying she should be hammered, but the SUDDEN shift of voting is really bizarre.
Granted its a bit odd for this much movement of votes this late into a day, but that could be because the game is finally hitting a bit of a rhythm. I'm not 100% sold on the vanilla claim, but my gut is telling me to put pressure elsewhere.. I don't think a lynch right now (even if we end up back on darla and darox later) is the best idea. And yes there is a bit of an appeal to emotion there but most every towny claim ends up slightly inot the appeal category. I don't understand the sudden
desire
to pressure caf. I'd like more input from him though for sure.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #722 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Qman »

Vote counts are needed i'd very much like one.

more voting hops. still not willing to hammer darox. would still vastly prefer a darla lynch.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #730 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Qman »

Well ain't this a pickle. back to two L01's and I AM THE DECIDER! Hope I don't pull W. Going to go searching for a couple things then head to work. I'm planning on posting again after i get home from work, having tossed this about in my head.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #733 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:Hmm. Darla and Darox, both back at L-1 again. I have a feeling that when Darla gets lynched she will show up town.. =/
It's comments like this that you make that really bother me.

and yes you did call me a she in post 664, in the first sentence
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #734 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:You're wrong Darox. You could easily enough get me to L-1 or even maybe lynched. I am your preferred target, right? Qman I think would rather have me dead than Darla too. So, if you kept your vote on me, maybe Mr.Flay would decide he'd rather have me lynched as well. Then Darla would come in with her 'gut feelings' and lynch me. (possibly) ;P But maybe you aren't going with preferred targets, maybe you just want to lynch whoever seems the easiest. Darla isn't the only choice, and picking her because you feel the town has decided she is the only one who could possibly die today seems a bit...odd. Not trying to get myself lynched, just saying.

Qman still hasn't given any actual reasoning as to why he thinks Im scum. Just the fact that he doesn't like the things that I say and that I referred to him as she... (which I don't think I did) I still have no idea why hes voting for me. =P
More answers here. I don't recall saying I'd rather see you dead, though I might have. I don't like the vibe I get from your posts. There is something i can't put my finger on that sits wrong with me. That said, if we end up in a lylo i'm not going to be stupid about it... I hope
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #735 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:whats with the ORLY? Thats the same feeling I had about bazza before he got lynched. :B

Qman, what does "Hope I don't pull W." mean?

George W Bush and his stupidity.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #752 (isolation #57) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Qman »

*insert vapid post here*

Here I go breaking one of jeeps rules.

I kinda expected Darox to die, I didn't expect him to flip townie I thought he'd flip cop. Not really sure what to think about his death, it smells like a Brandi frame job.

By the way I am gone in 2 days so... yeah.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #762 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Qman wrote:I kinda expected Darox to die, I didn't expect him to flip townie I thought he'd flip cop. Not really sure what to think about his death, it smells like a Brandi frame job.
Why did you think Darox was gonna flip Cop? Who do you think he investigated?

brandi, my mistake. I somehow misread your post as "this is the first game I have survived in past Day 1", I think I was reading that in some other game... :trout:
Early vote on clammy. suspect follows
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #768 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm still around, I leave in the morning and will be spotty, at best after that for a few days. I'll get back to this later tonight.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #769 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:So, I have done a re-read on all the surviving players.

On my first re-read I noticed Clammy's attack of Darox on page 5. Now right here, this is not scummy of Clammy. He had legitimate reasonings for his attack. However, on page 5,
Qman
was very quick to hop on in attacking. This is a small sign of Qman following the crowd, but at that point it wasn't much of a tell.
Please point me to a single post I made on Page 5.

On Page 6 I went after pretty much EVERYONE to some degree. I didn’t hop on any bandwagon that I see rereading the first few pages..
Brandi wrote:
On
Pre-Flay/Angelmouse
Early on... I notice her play is no where near as good as Mister Flay's. But her actions/posts themselves were very tunnel-visioned and irrational red herrings, to say the least. It seems she was trying to work her way into building some crap cases, but was never able to follow through because she had to be replaced.

Reading through, I get a a very town feel from Caf19, and a slight iffy feel from Clammy. But I have noticed that after re-reading the game, the scum pair is just blatantly obvious.
So this reads to me as you trying to condem Flay and me for 7 posts angelmouse made, (Saying angelmouse played is rather laughable) only one of which was substantive. Interrresting.
Brandi wrote:
We'll start with when Mr.Flay comes into the picture:

Mr.Flay wrote:20 pages read, no real notes, because I was going for the gestalt approach. Unfortunately it led me to the conclusion that bazza is Too Scummy To Be Scum (i.e. Village Idiot). EVERYONE suspects him, or has at some point; everyone. That never happens with actual scum on D1, short of a complete meltdown by the mafioso. Instead, what's likely going on here is that the scum are going for the easy kill, and Bazza is letting his frustration transform him into a giant green monster of overconfidence and rage. Which only makes him more of a target...rinse, repeat.
Mr.Flay announces his somewhat certainty of bazza being town here.
Mr.Flay wrote:Not exactly the same way, because there's no categorical imperative to act scummy, whereas there is one to act pro-town. Bazza's got no reason to act the way he is, regardless of alignment, which makes the extremity of his behavior sort of a null tell. Inconsistency and uselessness, sure, that's pretty decent reasons to lynch him, but his lashing out at everyone doesn't fit in my book.
Continues to note the certainty.

Mr.Flay wrote:
Bazza wrote:Nice to see someone who isn't scared to stand out and give fresh opinions. Welcome Mr.Flay. I'm so glad someone else is seeing what i'm seeing.
Just because I'm not supporting your lynch, don't assume I'm on your side. You've said you're seeing a LOT of things, no one could agree with them all.

Here, he DIRECTLY states that he does not support his lynch.

moving on for a moment...

QMAN wrote:
Mr.Flay wrote:P.S. Qman, despite being on my side on the armlx thing, this is scummy as hell:
QMAN wrote: Even if you are town, I feel the town is better off with you dead than alive, due to your play. This is normally an attitude I storngly disagree with, but you are proving the exception to the rule.

Gladly, I'll address this and my thoughts both now and then when i get the time later tonight.

Something is Fishy here. Mr.Flay states that the post is scummy, but does not specifically point out why. Perhaps an attempt to give QMAN a chance for an easy way out so that the scumminess of the post is not later brought up and pressured upon him more? Qman also seems really buddyish towards someone who just called him out. He doesn't even attempt to address it right away, just notes that he will address it later. Obviously he didn't have time to address it then. But why would he make a point that he would address it when he could just wait till later and address it when he was actually ready? Was it necessary? Maybe for someone who is worried they'd be further questioned by other individuals. Pretty much he put in a place holder in hopes that everyone knew that it didn't need to be further questioned.
It’s obvious to anyone experienced why it’s scummy, I doubt Flay felt he had to spell out that saying you are willing to lynch a town, regardless because of their play, is not pro town. I mean.. wow. Reach much?

As for getting into it later, I didn’t want to go into why I thought Armlx might have done what he’d done with Zim. Armlx painted a HUGE target on zim with his comments, he pretty much shouted out that zim was a pro town power role. He heavily implied that Zim was the cop, as the tell he saw what a classic newbie cop tell. I started thinking about it and thought it was very possible that armlx was a doctor, or a cop trying to push someone else off as the cop. For what should be very obvious reasons I didn’t want to say this in the thread. I instantly believed Armlx’s claim, and never questioned.
Brandi wrote:
Qman wrote:...I've also been rethinking my thought that we'd learn alot off his lynch. (referring to Bazza) We probably wouldn't learn much of anything, in fact, as everyone has just pushed the same track. ...
Its true, we didn't learn much. But Qman conveniently decided that this would be the case. Perhaps he knows that the people on his wagon were all town?
Or, I have the ability to think and process thought and logic. It was blatantly obvious that the static would prevent any good information. I like how you are building a house of cards out of me saying the same things other people said.
Brandi wrote:
Something worth noting***
When Mister Flay first comes into the picture, he builds a case on Caf, Darox, and lightly questions Armlx and Qman. Caf,Darox,Armlx, and Qman all respond to Mr.Flays accusations and he then responds again to everyone
except
Qman.

Post subj# 567, Bazza insinuates that Armlx will claim a power role since he is at L-1.

Mr.Flay post subj #569 wrote:If he was going to falseclaim, it would make sense to do it now while he's in hammering range. This gets a little WIFOM, but not claiming is actually a point in his favor.

If Brandi is scum and he claims Cop/Doc for example, a Mafia Goon can hammer with very little real consequence (it's a good trade for them, plus they learn the setup).

Unvote, pseudovote: armlx with the understanding that this is to prevent a 'quicklynch' only. I still intend to vote him once we hear from Brandi, but the risk is fairly great here.
Mr. Flay states that he is certain that he is going to hammer armlx.

After armlx claims doctor, Clammy states

Clammy wrote: Clearly it's a waste to hammer armlx tonight (unvote).
He is within understanding that this should be discussed, and says no more.

Next post: Bazza claims to not be surprised about his claiming a power role. But its not like he could hammer him anyway, since his vote was already on him. Right?

Next post: BAM! Mr. Flay Hammers Bazza. Giving no warning, no reason, nothing. What made him change his mind so quickly about bazza? At that point he didn't even suspect bazza.

This one Flay should address so I pass.
Brandi wrote:
Bazza wrote:That's just silly, you have stated that you think i am townie, yet you are comfortable voting for me. I thought you said you'd stick with Armlx regardless of his claim, he is obviously lying. I thought you being an experienced player would realise this.

If you think i'm a townie then why are you voting for me? wouldn't it be better to stick with Armlx (which i thought Psuedo vote meant) or move to someone like Darox who is another Obv scum.

As much as I hate to say this, Bazza actually made sense. Sense in the fact that Flay DID intend to lynch Armlx.

Arlmx's claim obviously shook Flay. He didn't question it because he believed him. Why did he believe him?
Because he knew he was telling the truth.
This is BS.
Brandi wrote:
post subject # 591 I question Flay.....

Brandi wrote:However, Mr.Flay. You were very quick to hammer Bazza weren't you? You didn't even wait for a reaction from the majority to his claim. That seems pretty scummy to me.
FOS:Mr.Flay
Just because you are a very experienced and loved player doesn't mean I don't think for a second that you might not be scum! You've been pretty pro-townie appearing up until now. I don't understand why you would do something like that. =/
... and I should have stuck with it.

Because of my gullible- ness, I took Qmans very very very Scummy response as an actual answer.

Qman wrote:I wasn't able to post during twilight, but I would have hammered bazza if Flay hadn't. Take that for what it is worth. I *really* wish the forums were set up for mobile posting, most of my reading is done on my Q9M.

A bit MORE wifom, I don't think Flay hammering was that bad, we had two viable options for a lynch and one claimed doc... but that could be colored by the fact that I would have hammered too.
Okay. Doesn’t change the fact I would have hammered bazza, there weren’t any other viable suspects and you seem to be implicating I should have gone after a doc claim that I believed.
Brandi wrote: A few posts later suspicion is brought upon Darla.
Now for what Mister Flay says next.
Mr.Flay wrote:I'm sure my hammer on Bazza looks weird, but the LAST thing we needed was to lose the claimed Doctor to a quicklynch. This way there was at least a WIFOM-chance that he could protect someone last night (if scum went for someone else, framing armlx for today as a living claimed Doctor).

Obviously it didn't go that way, and I'm happy to answer any questions about what I did. But after armlx's claim, ridding ourselves of the confusion of Bazza's distractionary tactics was the second best option IMO.

Right now I'm leaning toward Darla/Brandi, but I need a reread. Today and tomorrow are insane though...
There is only one thing that is seriously wrong with his answer here.

No one in their right mind would quicklynch a claimed DOCTOR.
Obviously HE
KNEW
that. If he had not quick lynched him, discussion over armlx's claim would have started. We NEEDED time to wait for a counter claim. Time to gather and analyze the reactions. Mr.Flay did NOT want us to gain ANY information through discussion. No townie would quick lynch Armlx, and scum would not either. WHY would scum QUICKLYNCH a claimed doctor when they can just
NIGHT KILL
HIM? Perhaps a second reasoning for the quick lynch is because he did not want his partner to fake claim.**** Most of all, when he stated that we didn't need to lynch a claimed doctor, WHAT MADE HIM SO SURE THAT ARMLX'S CLAIM WAS AN HONEST ONE WHEN THERE WAS NO FURTHER DISCUSSION AND HE WAS
SO INTENT ON LYNCHING HIM BEFORE?
BECAUSE he did not give time for a counterclaim BACKS UP my accusation that he KNEW he was telling the truth. HE KNEW ARMLX REALLY WAS THE DOCTOR.

1.) What counter claim? Scum would have to be monumentally stupid to counter claim a doc on Day 1. Colossal, gigantic, retarded to counter claim it, and a town doc would have been equally as retarded to do so. This is just a dumb line of attack if you lean on counter claims. I wasn’t happy Flay hammered so fast, but your arguments about why he should have waited are just… odd.

Brandi wrote:
Qman states here:
QMAN wrote:1.) Doc loss, totally expected given Armix' claim.

[...]

I really expected Armix to still be alive today, doc or not. He'd look REALLY bad if he didn't die..
1) He stated it was expected BECAUSE of his claim. This ALSO insinuates that Armlx claim was easy to believe with no questions asked.
2) He goes on to completely contradict himself.
3)Clammy points this out.
4)Qman responds completely with WIFOM, in hopes to get rid of any suspicion on him because of what he would do "if he was scum."
5) He states that "I work really hard not to be predictable on my NK's as scum."
If this is true, perhaps Qman is the scum that
did not
send in the Night Kill.

Then the Darla wagon soon begins to grow. This time, a townie is claimed. Flay says that he does not intend to suddenly hammer her. 'This time' Why? I'm sort of thinking he was
hoping for a power role.

Qman wrote:My gut is telling me the scum two of darla/brandi/clammy... if darla flips town i'd probably focus mostly on the other two with a hard eye for caf as well.
3 person group.
Qman wrote:It's a common scum tactic to give a list of 3 people and plug the partner in it as town. For some reason it's the list of THREE people that triggers that thought to me, as it's easier to hide a buddy up and tie in three than two or one...

Yes I know I just posted a list of three people I don't really like much, but for some reason I think those two things are different...

No, it isn't different. Its absolutely the same. But its flipped around here. I posted who I thought was probably town, you posted who you thought was probably scum. The thing is, my pointing towards my thoughts on TOWN players is not a scum tell. But you posting your thoughts on SCUM players IS a tell. You are putting 3 people out there for suspicion, to potentially branch off of later. I am not. Obviously I made a mistake in my town list though.

QMAN wrote:Yeah but they also knew the armix wagon was on an innocent, and they both ended up at L-1. There really wasn't much risk for scum there.

The only person I'm comfortable with as town is Flay
. He hammered when (i feel) he had to yesterday, and hammered the only option that was there for a town player. The fact that he didn't hammer here speaks well of him as well. However it also makes the specter of a Flay/DBE scum pair float in the back of my head to be recalled at a later date should I need it. I’m not that sold on this idea but later on it’s worth keeping in mind.

This post is so scummy it hurts. It really really really hurts. At first I didn't understand, because in my mind I couldn't see you as scum. But now that I see Qman as scum, it makes total and complete sense. EVEN MORE SENSE in the idea of a Flay/Qman scum pair. I'm willing to bet everything that this time, I am not at all far off the mark.

Post # 696 and 697 seem like Qman-Flay buddying.

Mr.Flay wrote:Brandi, if you're a Cop, just claim already so that we can lynch Darox and end this day.

At first I highly considered this to be said in a facetious tone. But now that I've thought about it, I can see some obvious role fishing here.
Earlier in the game, Qman
suggested that he felt there was definitely a roleblocker that was 'not armlx'.

Flay quickhammered bazza, but not Darla. Because Darla's circumstance does not involve a power role.
Or it could be a frustrated IC tired of you hammering after Darox saying in effect OMG HE IS GUILTY, TRUST ME! Without you doing anything but saying that over and over and over and over. Your attack on darox was poor.. and I might point out WRONG. All your certainty, all your omg he must be! And you were 100% wrong.
Brandi wrote:
The last peice of evidence against Q-man:

Qman wrote:I kinda expected Darox to die, I didn't expect him to flip townie I thought he'd flip cop. Not really sure what to think about his death, it smells like a Brandi frame job.
He expected him to be a cop. What makes him so sure that there is a cop? If anything, the chances of there being a cop have seemed slim to none seeing as how we are IN LYLO and NO ONE has CLAIMED. If there WERE a cop it would make sense that there had been some investigations?

Pretty much, Qman is not surprised over Darox's death because HE KNEW he who was getting NK'd. Because he is scum. More ever, his reasoning is that he thought Darox was a cop. Not only that but it made it easy for him to say "This looks like a Brandi set up" which he probably thinks made himself appear more town.
I’m not sure there is a cop (In fact, I’m 99.99% sure we don’t have one at this point.) but… ZOMG WE WEREN’T IN LYLO WHEN I THOUGHT DAROX WUZ COPZ. There was no compelling reason for him to cop claim yesterday as it was pretty clear flay and I wouldn’t hammer him. I didn’t want to call him out and get him nk’d. That’d be pretty anti town.

Here I reference Post 601:
Darox wrote:My limited access is that I am in France, soon to be Germany.

I'm annoyed, to say the least. Bazza better start eating his ear like he promised for being wrong about armlx and crying for his blood.

Right now, I really don't like Clammy.

Hopped off Bazza's case as soon as I mentioned a passing suspicion, hopped off my case when the armlx wagon was gaining momentum, without giving good reasons for it. Look at clammy's votes on Bazza and Armlx, both times clammy provides some nonsense as reasoning.

On Bazza, Clammy stated that Bazza was 'stealing' arguments, by using the phrase 'tunnel visioned' that clammy had used in a post just before. Incidentally, I had used the phrase about 8-10 pages earlier.

On armlx, clammy stated he was not clammy's prefered lynch but was fine with putting him at L-1, and on top of that, clammy felt the need to add that armlx had 'the same birthday' thus was scummy.

It may be a while till I can next post, so I'm going to vote now.

Vote: Clammy
This is his first post D2. Can you find the classic cop crumb in there, or should I point it out? His ensuing play on Day 2 convinced me he was town, and that there was a good chance (say… 40%) he was a cop.

Darox did a really effective job of pointing himself as a cop. I read him as cop but I wanted to see what happened last night before I acted or you know, pointed more fingers at him being the only cop possibility we had.
Brandi wrote:

Also Mr.Flay's response:

Mr.Flay wrote:Why did you think Darox was gonna flip Cop? Who do you think he investigated?
Seems to imply that hes confident about the idea of a cop, and questioning thoughts on investigations is just... odd.
Or…. He wanted to know WHY I thought Darox was a cop and who he’d investigated N1 if he was a cop? Both are very legitimate questions. And… WHAT INVESTIGATIONS!!!! I also don’t see this as reading Flay saying there has to be a cop.
Brandi wrote: All in All, Mr.Flay and Qman are the only ones who have brought up the idea of a cop, and seem to believe that there IS a cop. As the uninformed minority, and with how things are going, I have found it hard to believe that there is a cop. But based on my suspicions, which I am very confident in, it seems as though there is one.
[/sup]

I'd say my suspicions speak for themselves.
So wait.. you are now saying there is a cop, that could easily break the game right now with two valid investigations, after railing against Flay and I talking about the possibility that there is a cop? … Wow

[Sarcasm]We should just lynch caf and clammy now since brandi thinks Flay and I are scum, she’s batting 1000% at being wrong.[/sarcasim]

*mutters softly*

PS. Thank GOD for typing out this post in Microsoft Word, as the first two times i tried to post it the quota was exceeded.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #773 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:Qman, two questions:
On Aug. 4th (post 684), you wrote:I'm feeling the Darla claim. It has the exact same tone I tend to have on my posts when i'm town and getting lynched.
On Aug. 7th (post 722), you wrote:more voting hops. still not willing to hammer darox. would still vastly prefer a darla lynch.
Why no mention of Brandi here? Why did you back off your earlier gut about Darla's claim?
These two answers dovetail togethere:

No mention of Brandi - I'd tried it bring about pressure on Brandi and it just flatlined around post 684. No one else really seemed to try to pressure her so it went no where. By post 722 it was back to darox and Darla being L-1, except I was the odd vote, not you this go around.

I was speaking in the context of "Oh great, Brandi went no where, Back to where we started." I hate to sound like a parrot here but a Brandi wagon wasn't seeming to form and we'd had pages of stuff come up. I was trying to say if I had to choose between Darox and Darla I would NOT lynch Darox. When it came too just those two people, a Darla lynch was vastly (read about 200%) more prefered to a Darox lynch. With that given, and my reasoning for Darox being our best shot for a cop, I wasn't about to lynch him, and would lynch Darla instead if I felt I needed to, ala the Bazza hammer.

I will mention I had ample ample time to hammer Darla, as I logged in several times between my post 722 and Brandi's Out of the Blue hammer in post 741, and didn't, almost all of the reason for not doing so being that gut feeling.
(Side note) Also looking back I find it really odd that Brandi unvoted in post 736 with this statement
Brandi wrote:Though I'm pretty sure Darox is safe, unvote for now. Perhaps my main deal with Darox really is one of those 'gut feeling' things. However, Does anyone have an actual CASE on ANYONE? I think some information needs to be brought out in the open so we can all get our heads clear, and know what we're doing. I guess when I get time I'll back track and try to re-analyze everything. [30 pages OMG... >.<;]
Then hammered Darla 5 posts later without much of a reason.

I was pretty startled (and scared darox bit it) when I saw it was Night 2 when I went to my quick topics. At that point nothing I could do though.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #774 (isolation #62) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Qman »

By the way i just noticed this and before anyone starts screaming over it, "quick topics" is what I call the "click here to see your games" (aka watched topics) button.

Anyways the ceremony is at 7PM PST tomorrow. I will be in Aruba for the two weeks following that and return on the 8th of Sept. My net connection will be slim to none, as I don't feel like being castrated on my Honeymoon for being online to much.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #786 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Qman »

I'm home finally.

Severe disappointment in the lack of posting.

R clammy still playing? o_0
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #790 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Qman »

clammy wrote:@Qman, yep, sure am, agreed with the sentiment to wait 'til you got back, which it appears you are, and in fact all of us, so let's get this show on the road.
Works for me. I'm still working on getting settled in at home, catching up on bills and such today. I'll address brtandi's last post about me tonight if i can find the time

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”