League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40130 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40125, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:That crab nerf is no joke.

But Panzer. Who do you recommend in the jungle now? With Vi always being banned. And J4 being shit tier.

IMO, Fizz, Nid, and Sej are some of the stronger jungles in soloqueue right now. Shaco is really good too, but you have to know Shaco inside and out to make him work properly. And like everyone else said, Amumu is really good too, and also pretty easy to play. Unlike the other tank jungles, you can build him with more damage too if you need to.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40137 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40135, PJ. wrote:
Edit: Played a bard game, holy shit how does this guy's win rate suck? He's insane.

Maybe the patch changed things, but Bard's laning phase is awful. I've only seen 1 Bard win lane at diamond so far, and it was Crs elementz on a smurf. His lategame is insane but getting there is a nightmare. He's like the vayne of supports
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40145 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40138, PJ. wrote:I'm a trashcan playing against other trashcans. And I did get KO'd early before I knew what was happening. But once I figured him out a little and locked up blitz and vayne windwalker style, it was ridiculous. No one knows his R timing yet so You can use it as a crazy group Zhonya's. I Zhonya'd me and a yi, flashed over red as soon as the timer went off, he was forced to run from team mates and I locked him to a wall with a blind Q. The plays he can do is truly ridiculous. He has a pile of DotA moves. I used the portal to create a pincer gank from a river catch. It's just insane man.

The problem with Bard isn't that he cant make plays, but that his lane is incredibly bad and his early roams are weaker than other supports too. In a 2v2 scenario, Bard brings very little to the table and he gets abused by nearly every botlane in the game, and the higher you climb the more players are able to take advantage of the lead you can gain off a bard lane. Bard isn't that the best at roaming either early on. His pre6 cc is hard to hit and he does very little damage compared to someone like blitz, leo, or morg where landing their cc when roaming is nearly always a kill. You're right that he can make insane plays but the main problem is that by the time that you're in a position to make those plays, you're likely going to be playing from pretty far behind. This is shown by Bard's winrate in games of different lengths. In shorter games bard's winrate is absolutely awful but the longer the games go, his winrate starts to climb to not nearly as bad levels. If you can hold out early on and not give too much of a lead away when playing Bard he can be a great champion but that can be really hard to do.

Bard's winrate is still probably going to increase though. He's a champion that requires a lot of skill to play, and he also needs your team to be on the same page as you to make the most out of his kit. When people get more used to playing bard, and people get used to playing with him his winrate is probably going to go up, but not to insane levels unless he gets buffed a fair bit.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40148 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Placement matches are always weird like that
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40169 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Taric is just so boring though. I'd play him more often but I cant stand playing him.

On another note, Im so happy Riot is finally buffing Twitch. He's fun as hell and I'd spam that shit if his lane wasn't so awful.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40190 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40188, Llamarble wrote:Do we have 5 active gold/plat/diamond range players on MS who could form a ranked team? SAD and I are both high plat / likely to hit D5 soon; he plays mostly mid and I mostly AD.

I'm very active and in diamond myself. However, I also main AD and mid.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40192 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40187, Llamarble wrote:This is how I prefer to do vision (and how we do things on my widely-varied-elo ranked team)
AD: I just get yellow trinket when I hit level 9 and keep a friendly buff pinked (don't want to replace it much). Ward important bushes on whatever part of map I happen to be on.
Support: Sightstone + red trinket + pink tri or river (deeper wards if I am tanky / won't die if I run into someone)
Mid: red trinket (so I can try to get picks in bushes), pink river or buff
Jungle: Sightstone + red trinket; deep wards. Pink neutral monsters, stealthed champions, enemy buffs (or friendly buffs if behind) Maybe different for lower health jungles.
Top: I like to pink the second top lane bush late in laning phase. Tends to last a really long time. Prefer yellow trinket upgrade so I can splitpush safely (I go nasus / fiora / malphite with TP).

I'm a big fan of getting blue trinket on AD. It helps a lot to check areas that are unsafe to ward, or for checking baron/drag from a distance.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40196 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40195, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 40194, PJ. wrote:Yo, ban
Vi
Sejuani
Sion.
I'm 4-0 with her.
WTF IS THAT CHAMPION.
She's
He's insane.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40201 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40200, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Btw short Karthus guide cabd requested since he wants to add him to his champ pool i think

Spoiler:
Runes:

If vs ad:
mpen reds, armor yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

If vs STRONG ap early/mid (ex lb, diana, brand, cass, kat):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, 4 flat 5 scaling mr blues, and flat ap quints

If vs WEAK.MEDIOCRE ap early/mid (ex anivia, ahri, lux, tf):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

MASTERIES:

21/9/0 90%. you can look under my profile for exact mastery (one labeled "karthus") which i believe maximizes his dmg output and ones he uses best.
Other 10% go 21/0/9 (and get the mana regen mastery). This is important vs champions like morde, morgana, etc, which have very strong waveclear but very low dmg output to you. You just need to keep up with their push and not let them just push you into tower and then go roam or farm side lanes.

BUILD:

Start dorans ring vs 99% of matchups. I honestly cant think of a specific champion that I would start anything else. Except maybe top lane vs heavy ad with strong gap closer I would start cloth 4pots 1 mana.

You then build a tear, then rush either RoA or Rylais. This is honestly dependent on preference. I personally prefer rylais for the insane kiting it gives him and the earlier power spike, plus its build path is amazing. You then finish arcangel, build zhonyas, then finish with rabadons/void staff.

Early game you basically wanna farm up as much as possible. Contrary to what people believe, however, he also has some nice poke once you get some good practice with landing Q. The main thing to remember about Q is that it deals double the damage if it only lands on one unit. So if your enemy is outside their minion wave, try to Q them a few times (assuming you dont miss any cs). If they are inside the minion wave just poke them with is and push the lane.

Which brings the next point. Never try to let the enemy push you in. This is because of two reasons. 1. Karthus is terrible at roaming; whats even worse, if you're pushed in, thats a prime time for your opponent to roam . 2. Karthus has a horrible time csing under tower, and you have to now almost the exact range of q to be able to kill minions after tower shots (ex the if tower attacks a side ranged minion, if your Q hits more than one creep when you're trying to kill it will not finish it off).

Karthus doesn't necessarily have any strong counters. This is mainly due to the fact he is so safe to play. By far the "hardest" counter would be katarina. Long range poke, pushes lane relatively fast, you have no cc for her ult, strong roamer, hard to kill/poke out in lane because of her build path. I literally hate everything about this champion. You can beat an inexperienced kat with some skill, but a good kat will just roam when she sees she can't kill you.

Easy matchups for karthus are low damage early game, low-medium range, bad roamer champions. Heim, Lux, Anivia, Syndra.

Role mid game is to try and get picks. Rylais Q makes chasing people very easy. Also remember huge power spike at lvl 11 due to increased dmg on ult. Try to poke people before initiating. Also karthus takes dragons very easily due to isolated Q.

Late game once you get your core items you become a monster. Basically when team fights start just try to run in, W the backline, toggle E, and Q as much as possible. Zhonyas when you're in the middle. Then back off if team fight is waning. I've also been experimenting with a somewhat different playstyle where you build Luden's Echo and staying in back procing a lot of the item's passive due to low cd of Q before going in.

Unrelated side note, both your Q and W can be used to check brushes for enemies, etc. Q gives a small vision for a half a second or so. W gives vision of an entire brush if at least one of the big pole sides are in the brush.

didnt really reread it and late at night so might have a bunch of weird wordings.

One thing to add that I didn't see mentioned is that unlike most mids, Karthus almost always takes exhaust.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40223 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40188, Llamarble wrote:Do we have 5 active gold/plat/diamond range players on MS who could form a ranked team? SAD and I are both high plat / likely to hit D5 soon; he plays mostly mid and I mostly AD.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. How serious would you want this team to be? Would it be to tryhard and see how high we could go, or more just for fun?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40264 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40242, BROseidon wrote:
In post 40223, Gendaberry wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. How serious would you want this team to be? Would it be to tryhard and see how high we could go, or more just for fun?

On this note, I'm currently in gold but have been plat since s3. Can play anything that isn't top reasonably well, too

This gives us 4 people, so we only need 1 more to start a ranked team. Anyone else want in?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40273 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Well, with Panzer we have 5 people, so I guess it's time to add you all on league.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40275 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40274, Knight of Cydonia wrote:
In post 40264, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 40242, BROseidon wrote:
In post 40223, Gendaberry wrote:

On this note, I'm currently in gold but have been plat since s3. Can play anything that isn't top reasonably well, too

This gives us 4 people, so we only need 1 more to start a ranked team. Anyone else want in?

I, uh, hope you're not seriously including me in that. I haven't played anything but Destiny and inhouses with friends for several months

No, not including you. Unless I mixed something up, I count 5 with Panzer, BROseidon, Llamarble, SAD, and I.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40290 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Ok, I probably should mention that my league username is Pieisgoo, not Gendaberry so people don't end up thinking that I'm one of the RP spammers. I probably should've made that clear beforehand. My bad.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40320 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Gendaberry »

I'm down for NURF tonight.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40354 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Won't Kat be pretty good in nurf? Extra mana/energy costs don't really matter to her, and CD increases are a lot less damaging when you have resets like she does.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40356 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I think the only skill that wont get reset aside from her ult is her q, which will end up with a 1 or 2 second cd. That's still pretty crazy
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40358 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Sure
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40373 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40371, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:we'll probably try to do an inhaus 5v5

Do we have enough people?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40452 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

If everyone is still up for that ranked team, can you guys come up with a team name and state your preferred roles so we could get it started? I main mid and adc myself, but I'd be fine with playing pretty much anything.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40458 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Broseidon said that he can play anything but top, so I guess I can top and you two can decide between support and jungle.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40461 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40460, BROseidon wrote:I prefer support

That settles roles then. Could you and Llamarble add me on league then so I can invite everyone to the team? My username is Pieisgoo.

By the way if nobody can think of a better name then Nikanor, I'm sticking with that. I'm absolutely awful at naming things.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40513 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

IMO players in low elo, especially ADCs. need to learn to group a lot less often. Low elo carries let so much farm go to waste because they spend so much time grouped with their team when it accomplishes almost nothing. If you aren't farming constantly throughout the game as a carry, you're probably doing something wrong in most cases.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40663 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Can anyone suggest a fun tops and jungles to play that aren't picked/banned too much? My top and jungle pools are pitiful since I don't play them often and I don't want to play Yorick every time I'm forced into top.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40672 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

You know, I forgot that Diana existed for a bit. That's probably my best bet since she can cover both top and jungle. Thanks for that.

On another note, the more I play ADC the more I realize how awful I used to be at it. I have no clue how I managed to climb with it despite playing nowhere close to as greedy as I should have been.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40883 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40876, PJ. wrote:
Yo, can you guys pick a champ for me to master. First champ mentioned that I don't already play well will get the nod.

Ahri. She's a fun champ that rewards skilled play pretty well.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40930 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I really hate how if the enemy team picks Nunu you're pretty much forced into picking Jinx. Jinx/Nunu is probably one of the dumbest things in the game, and unless the Jinx straight up feeds in lane it's a nightmare to win against while also being really easy to pull off.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40935 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40934, PJ. wrote:
In post 40931, Gendaberry wrote:I really hate how if the enemy team picks Nunu you're pretty much forced into picking Jinx. Jinx/Nunu is probably one of the dumbest things in the game, and unless the Jinx straight up feeds in lane it's a nightmare to win against while also being really easy to pull off.

What makes it dumber than Nunu/Cait?

Jinx snowballs in fights MUCH harder then Cait does. Even without Nunu, Jinx has extremely high damage and snowballs like mad in fights thanks to her passive. When you add Nunu on top of it, there's very little you can do in fights if the Jinx knows what she's doing. Her already high damage becomes even stronger and her passive + blood boil means that if a single person makes a mistake and dies, she just runs you down and kills your team with crazy movespeed and damage. There's really not much you can do to stop Jinx after she gets that first kill or assist, and Nunu peel makes it hard to kill her before that happens.

That and Nunu lets her take objectives even faster then she normally does which is pretty annoying considering that she already takes them extremely quickly.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40955 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40946, animorpherv1 wrote:I challenge that thought entirely. My vision is fine and is quite frankly better than a decent chunk of the people I play with regularly (yes, I do have some games where my vision is horrendous - but don't we all? Also, SK Gaming got first place in the regular season despite their lack of vision). My lack of vision is not important if I ping missing like a madman and the other laners don't back off, giving off free kills, and when I do place wards that see the enemies, they still die anyways. If I was playing in higher elos I wouldn't be playing with teammates so bad it makes me feel like I'm in Bronze all the time, who call gg at first blood 3 minutes in, or feed everyone because they got ganked with no wards up. League, at it's current state, is a game where it is much easier for one person to mess up and lose the game for their team than it is to do the exact opposite and carry 4 feeders.

I just played a fair few practice 1v1s with a friend who's around equal (if not better) skill level as I last night, and I managed to win 2 of the 3 lanes by a decent amount (stomping the first and making some outplays to gain me a lead in the other) and managed to not get horrendously stomped in the 3rd. I've won lanes vs. platinum players on a fairly consistent basis on champions I practice with. I know which of my champions to play into which champions that give me the best chance at countering them. I know what to do with a lead and how to snowball it into a win on each champion I play consistently.

You don't know how much I hate things like this. Do you think people in higher tiers got there through luck or something? Did all the people I know in diamond/plat get there not through skill, but by getting lucky with good teams? You don't climb through being lucky, you climb through being better then the people in your tier. The only reason you think your individual performance doesn't matter is because you don't perform well enough to be able to carry games. You know what to do to snowball a lead into a win? I'm sorry, but if you knew how to consistently get a lead and snowball it, you wouldn't be in gold.

Also, how do you expect to even climb in ranked when you barely play it? In the past 12 days, op.gg says you've played 9 ranked games. Most of the people in my tier play at least that many ranked games every 1-2 days. If you're busy and can't play ranked or you don't enjoy it thats fine, but you can't really complain about not being able to climb when you barely even play ranked.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40980 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40959, Voidedmafia wrote:I'd hire Hito as my League Life coach (actually if I could I'd link the replays of the five placement games I've had and ask some of you guys to critique me. I figure one part of it is having something like LoLReplay, but I don't think I have what I need to actually make the replays viewable to you guys or something.)

I could try my hand at helping you out through spectating your games. I pretty much only play AD though so I can only really help with that role.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40994 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I spectated G8, so if you don't mind I'm going to give some of my thoughts on it. I'm only really going to talk about your lanephase since it's a bit tricky to do anything past that without a replay to watch.

To start with, your lane mechanics aren't that bad. You didn't really take many dumb trades, and your csing was pretty good. It could'be been a little better before your first base since neither side was playing too aggressive, but it was fine overall and you outfarmed Ashe.

One big thing thing though is that you respect your lane opponent too much as Cait. One of Cait's biggest strengths is her ability to poke and bully out enemy laners. Against a lane like Taric/Ashe that you outrange, you need to focus more on playing aggressive in lane and poking them out. Whenever the enemy AD looks like they're trying to step up to farm, start harassing them with autos. It can be hard, especially for less experienced ADs, to deal with a Cait that tries to auto them whenever they try to cs.

Along with that, you can use Cait's passive to zone your lane opponent. When your passive comes up, instead of wasting it try to hold the headshot. By holding headshot in lane, you can zone the enemy laners by walking up to them when they'll try to cs. No laner wants to take a Cait passive shot, so most will back off losing a couple of cs as long as you hold it and make sure to scare them with it.

One last thing, Im not sure if you know about it but you can combo abilities with Cait's E, and it's pretty important to learn if you're a big Cait player. When you e, you can cast q or r during the animation. I'm not really sure how to describe it, so here's a video to show what it looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZO9zz-DIY
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41019 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 41018, Voidedmafia wrote:

Btw, I asked this earlier and don't remember seeing an answer: Should I just stick to a yellow trinket or shift to blue at some point?

Swap to blue at some point. You need blue to be able to enter unwarded bushes safely, and to check areas such as baron that would be unsafe to ward lategame when you have no vision on them. Being able to use it to get vision of bushes in duels from a longer range then wards is a nice upside too. Yellow trinket isn't bad though, and if you prefer it you can just stick to that.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41139 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I can't believe how bad my midlane pool has become recently. Despite playing mid for my old ranked teams and maining it for a large part of S4, the only mid I can play to a level I'm somewhat satisfied with is Ahri. With mid being my second best role and what I take when adc isn't open, this is pretty bad for me.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41274 (isolation #33) » Thu May 07, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 41272, Oman wrote:I've been playing heaps of ADC and I don't know how you guys fucking do it! You have to sit around and wait for the random yahoos that you play with to initiate or ward. Oh man, it's fucko. Fucko to the extreme.

Just start splitpushing a lot. There's no need to be with your team as adc if they aren't really doing anything. Just spend most of your time farming as hard as possible, and only group with your team if it looks like a fight is about to break out, or they need you for seiging.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41308 (isolation #34) » Thu May 07, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Yeah don't worry too much about strategy at your level. Just focus on getting more comfortable at controlling your character in general, the strategy can come after.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41857 (isolation #35) » Tue May 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview

Oh boy, this is the saddest game I've played in a long while. The Ori and Rek'sai on the other team were pretty much playing the game 2v5, everyone but them was pretty much dead weight. If their top and botlane didn't play that poorly, we would've got stomped extremely hard given that they were winning fights without their help pretty much.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41935 (isolation #36) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

New Ashe is dumb as hell in soloqueue. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up near permabanned before she gets nerfed, this champ is ridiculous.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42034 (isolation #37) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 42030, PJ. wrote:This is weirdly on topic, but My theory on how I should play to get to plat and how I should play to boost my friends out of bronze or silver are polar opposites. I feel to get out of bronze/silver you need to do it yourself, but to get out of gold you can rise by simply not being a feeding idiot. Is this true or is this indicative of a lack of confidence?

It's a lack of confidence/skill. Mind you, Im not saying that you're bad, its just that you can do the whole 1v5 hardcarry thing in pretty much any tier as long as you're good enough. Just as someone in bronze/silver wont really be able to massively snowball every game off of other bronze/silver players, same goes with people in gold playing vs other people in gold. Gold players still make a huge amount of mistakes in lane that make it easy to smash them and snowball off it, it's just a lot harder to notice unless you're much better then them. Basically, if you're around your true elo not being a feeding idiot is your best bet, while if you're smurfing in a tier lower then your own doing it yourself isn't too hard no matter what tier it is.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42215 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 42212, mykonian wrote:Then there are the items that give you more bang for your buck early, but bring stats that don't multiply with later buys. Your botrk, triforce, shiv, manamune. Great items, do what they are advertised, but mean that buys after that aren't going to give you as much dps from a 2nd/3rd item as you'd get from a pure adc build. Which is fine for the adc's that build them, they want to fight and win the game shortly after buying said items. So dps wise late vs early is largely determined build wise, builds which are obviously incentivised by champions kits.

Err, this isnt quite right. Twitch/Vayne/Kog are all hypercarries, and all three of those build items from that list. Twitch and Vayne build BoRK, while Kog builds both triforce and bork. While traditional AD builds tend to be better DPS wise, lategame strength is based much less on build, and more on the champ's kits.

On that note, Cait is actually so fun to play. I'm trying to pick her up, but I still can't zone lanes with traps properly yet which makes her a lot weaker. I mean, I can win lane but it's nothing compared to laning vs an actually good Cait where you can barely farm. Good wave control combined with good trap placement turns laning vs Cait into a nightmare. I also don't really agree with a lot of you saying that Cait's lategame is bad. Sure, she's no hypercarry but Ive always seen her lategame as being in the top half of carries.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42223 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Yeah I know, thats what I meant. When I read what mykonian wrote, it looked to me like he said that carries that go BoRK or Trinity early aren't as good lategame, which isn't really true.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42275 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

At the very least, Ryze is permabanned in low diamond. Not that it means much, but people around here don't seem to want to play against him. I've only seen him once myself given that he's been getting banned every game I play.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42280 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 42279, animorpherv1 wrote:I don't understand. Why do I lose like every lane in existance. I just can't do it. I hate laning phase - it's always been what I'm worst at somehow. Like I cannot do anything in it.

What role do you main? If you want I can spectate one of your games and see if I can help you out with your lanephase.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42448 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 42442, theelkspeaks wrote:
Ah, ok! I'm still going for Azir, Bard, Cassiopeia, Ekko, Kalista, Rek'Sai, Skarner, and Wukong. At about 9K IP right now, so I can pick one of those up if/when I feel like it.

If you play a lot of ADC, Kalista is super fun and is easily one of the best adcs if you're good at her.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42451 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Yeah, every champ in that list is top tier for their roles but those two, and Wukong is still pretty strong for soloqueue so you can't really go wrong with any of them.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42473 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

If you need another person for 5s, I'd be up for it as well.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42539 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Twitch is super fun, too bad his lane is still super bad. The day I get over my fear of picking twitch is ranked is going to be a very fun day.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42808 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

To be fair, you can still play MF. She's not OP or anything, but it's not like she's so bad that she can't be played in ranked. You might lower team morale a bit in queue, but that goes away pretty quickly if you're doing fine.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42810 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I'd argue that MF being played so rarely means that people won't have experience playing vs her, and that gives you a leg up in most matchups.

If you want to go by stats, champion.gg says that MF has the 7th highest winrate for an adc in plat+ so clearly she isn't terrible for soloqueue or it wouldn't be that high.

http://champion.gg/champion/MissFortune/ADC

Winrate doesn't mean everything, but you can't deny that people can do pretty well as MF.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42814 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

That's pretty funny considering that Sivir is a top 2 adc
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43732 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Gendaberry »

The more I play adc, the more I hate the role and want to go back to being a mid main. At this point the only thing keeping me from dropping the it is that mid is impossible to get consistently, and I don't enjoy jungle/support enough to be willing to spam them in ranked. Oh well, at least Vayne is fun. Maybe one day the ADCs I enjoy playing won't be terrible in soloqueue.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43736 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 43734, Maestro wrote:Which ADCs do you like, Gendaberry?

Kog/Twitch/Lucian/Vayne mostly.

I really hate playing Kog and Twitch with random supports, and despite my good Lucian winrate the champ isn't very good considering the amount of effort you have to put into playing him for pretty low rewards.

Vayne is good and fun though. However, she's the most popular adc in my tier by a decent amount which means she isn't open as often as I'd like, and I can't stand playing against her when I don't get her.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43741 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 43738, Voidedmafia wrote:First time as support in awhile, especially Soraka.

My question is, what else could I/should I have built? I don't think Ardent was the right last buy, but I couldn't think of anything else other than something like Luden's or rylai's.

You could've went for the new Zeke's instead of Ardent. I probably would've also went for Warmog's instead of FH. Warmog's is really good on Soraka, it lets her spam her heal more due to the insane regen, while also adding to her survivability which is nice given that teams should be trying to focus her down in fights.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43743 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Crucible doesnt remove blinds. Also, nobody on your team went Righteous Glory, and considering your team was super dive heavy that probably also would've been a good pickup.
Last edited by Gendaberry on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43745 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

FH wasn't awful because both Teemo and Diana still autoattack a decent amount with the builds that they went, but still Udyr picked it up before Soraka did making the item pretty pointless anyways. I agree with going Ardent Censor earlier if you're going to get it at all. I don't see the item much, but I'd imagine that it's a lot more useful early on and not as good as a last item.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43758 (isolation #54) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Gendaberry »

@Espeonage It's not a case of being bad at the role, or I probably wouldn't have got to mid-high Diamond by spamming it in the first place. Its more that I just don't find the role as fun as I used to.

Zoraster is right though, didn't notice that you got the sightstone so late. You really should be looking towards finishing it as fast as possible, 24 min is far too late of a sightstone pickup.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43864 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Oh god what are these recommendations for easy adcs.

If you're new to adc, stay the hell away from Ezreal and Cait. At my elo, playing vs new Caits is pretty much freelo, and I assume that extends down to plat.

Sivir is the easiest adc to play by far thanks to her ult, she's pretty braindead. Trist feels pretty clunky, but she isn't very difficult. For more immobile carries, Jinx/Ashe aren't that hard to play. Graves is fine if you want an adc with more burst.
Last edited by Gendaberry on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43867 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Gendaberry »

I wish I knew
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43872 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Gendaberry »

From what someone said before, I was assuming they were referring to plat level play, what I said was under the assumption that they were trying to recommend you ADCs. Seems like I was wrong and people WERE talking about bronze/silver level play, so my bad guys sorry.

Sivir should still be pretty easy though.

And I guess if normals don't count, the last time I've played at bronze/silver should be a couple of years back, I want to say at the end of season 1.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44592 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Gendaberry »

ADC isn't very fun.

Except for Vayne, she's pretty fun.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44624 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 44621, Venmar wrote:In other news, what does everyone think of Volibear? I've been thinking of playing for Volly in the jungle but i'm not sure if he's worth the risk given as he's rarely played. How good is he right now in this meta?

Voli isn't the best jungle in the game, but if you find him fun you can make him work. Individual skill matters FAR more then your champion pick does outside of the very top of the ladder. I know someone who got to Diamond playing only barrier/exhaust support Poppy, and by support I mean Targon's into full damage. You can make pretty much anything work if you put in the effort until the top of the ladder.

That being said if all you care about is winning, I don't think Voli is the best in this meta where most of the adcs played are stuff like Vayne/Trist/Kalista who can kite the hell out of you pretty easily. He's a pretty good pick into comps that can't just dance around him, but that isn't very common currently.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44724 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 44723, animorpherv1 wrote:Gold is impossible to win in. Literally fucking impossible.

No it isn't, you're just not good enough to do so consistently.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44727 (isolation #61) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I try
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47121 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Ok, Kog'Maw is my new favorite jungler. It certainly isn't the best jungle in the game, but it's fun as hell. His clear is surprisingly good too.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47231 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

What was the botlane matchup? I'm not really sure how you're getting outdamaged when you're that far up.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47234 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Were you getting pulled? You were probably positioning poorly or choosing bad fights if he was starting all those off with autos.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47244 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

IE first is probably inefficient, but if you can get away with it then do whatever works for you.

Do you have any other Vayne games that you'd want someone to look through? It'd probably be more useful for you if the game was close and not a stomp from either side.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47247 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Is there anything in particular you want help with?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47324 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Do we even have a high ranked main for every role?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47684 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

But blue Ezreal is fun
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47687 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Blue Ez isn't that bad botlane. It certainly feels better then playing it mid at least, although to be fair I haven't played it mid too much.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47870 (isolation #70) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 47867, Dwlee99 wrote:I call upon gooy pie man to teach me the ways of da vayne.

?
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48134 (isolation #71) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 48131, Glork wrote:
In post 48128, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 48125, lil g wrote:
In post 47994, Dwlee99 wrote:
:P

Someone picking lee sin or nidalee on my team makes me cringe because I am the only competent nidalee player I know (Note: Played some games as lee sin and he is super difficult)

I've seen you play nid 2 or 3 times and you shit it up bigtime.

That was probably before I got decent at her. :3

No you're still garbage at her.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48455 (isolation #72) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Play jungle Kog'Maw

It's flawless, I swear.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49084 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 49074, Oman wrote:Advice needed: As an ADC vs a really dive-heavy comp (Pantheon, malphite, alistar) how do I play? I tried to stay at the back and just pepper the tanks, but I'd get dived every time. There was so much damage and so much CC coming out of a triple-dive.

What adc were you on? Advice for this depends pretty heavily on the champs you're playing and the teamcomp that you have.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49535 (isolation #74) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

I'm proud of that S+
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49549 (isolation #75) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 49539, zoraster wrote:What is the build order and idea behind that soma build?

I wanted to see how silly Iceborn + Sunfire was on random champions. Sheen is pretty strong on Sona so I thought it'd be worth a shot to try it on her.

Build order was Iceborn - Sunfire - Banner - Zzrot. Banner and Zzrot were mostly for fun as I was pretty massive after lane phase.

The build worked pretty well honestly, but it's hard to tell how well it would work in a real game. I was able to stomp lane and 1v3 with it pretty easily, but a lot of it came down to me being a lot better then the enemy team so I'm not sure what to make of it. It's actually pretty fun though, although I'm guessing that it doesn't stand up too well to proper jungle pressure in lane.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49640 (isolation #76) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Dwlee99 isn't boosted.

He uses scripts though
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50212 (isolation #77) » Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Gendaberry »

ADC isn't useless, just boring
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50283 (isolation #78) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Twitch is the best character
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50351 (isolation #79) » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Kassadin feels super nice right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up meta. My games as him haven't all been wins, but every game so far he's felt ridiculously strong. All that free CDR, and the hourglass cost decrease helped him out a ton.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50352 (isolation #80) » Wed May 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

Like his major problem has always been his ramp up time. With the item changes he comes online a lot quicker, and gets CDR for free which was always extremely good on him but kinda awkward to build.

Return to “The Arcade”