Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Creeps - your vote is parsed wrong. You would strongly benefit from reading the Mod's initial series of posts describing the game rules and setup rules.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 325, Thor665 wrote:@Creeps - your vote is parsed wrong. You would strongly benefit from reading the Mod's initial series of posts describing the game rules and setup rules.
Forgot the url.

VOTE: VTL PERSE
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'd give it another whirl just to be safe - but you're closer.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 327, Thor665 wrote:I'd give it another whirl just to be safe - but you're closer.
I will always forget to get rid of the VTL part

VOTE: PERSE
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 324, Creeps20 wrote:Arise thread arise!

For now I will

VTL PERSE

Due to inactivity
Votes "for now", is justifying vote more than suggesting behavior is explicitly scummy.

Thor, could you explain why you're seemingly town reading him? I really don't get it.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 329, mhsmith0 wrote:Thor, could you explain why you're seemingly town reading him? I really don't get it.
He seems to be offering opinions and pressing reads. I haven't seen a scum case on him that makes sense.
Ergo - don't really see the scum Creep narrative.

What are you citing as the evidence that suggests he's scum exactly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 236, mhsmith0 wrote:The first on vote for a slot that wasn't being RVS wagoned at the time (while a different slot was) was off, and then hops off for no apparent reason, essentially asking for more time while not making use of the time.
The second on vote for Aelin is odd; not remembering that she didn't actually vote him is potentially a bit town-indicative since generally scum pay more attention to stuff like "who's actually voting for me", but since he's indicated that he has prior experience that's pretty weak (I wouldn't expect newb!scum to fake that, but a more experienced player might fake it or simply be careless scum). The part of the vote that bugs me is the discussion about OMGUS. It can be a scum tactic, but it can also be something that town does. And given her point about there not actually being much of a case on her, I don't see why OMGUS'ing on one of her voters (if she'd actually done it) was necessarily suspicious. So it seems reachy to me, fitting in a scum read to something that's essentially null.
The non-vote posts quoted above are all hedgy and fence-sitting (and possibly engaging in a bit of role-fishing in 120, hoping for reactions that would indicate who actually did have PR's).
Also makes a bunch of posts talking about how important it is that we scum-hunt without actually doing scum-hunting. Doubly suspicious given his own stated value set that mafia don't want to contribute. Basically active lurking.
Like this wall appears to be it.
It's a big wall, but let's parse it down;

Voted a slot outside of RVS and then unvoted it (I actually see no reason for scum to do this).
Your next point is a bunch of fence sitting, and at worst suggests mild disagreement with his logic.
You tag him for not having strong opinions (that seems in line with his normal playstyle per Hermie)
The last point is you don't think he's particularly scumhunting while complaining about it (hardly a unique trait on these boards last I checked)

You also, in the same post, cited PP for the ol' state scumread vote elsewhere thing, which *is* sketchy.
You should vote PP.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Hermie »

Spoiler:
In post 311, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 310, Thor665 wrote:
In post 307, MisaTange wrote:Why do I feel like Creeps is doubtcasting in /?
Probably because he was straight up saying he wasn't sure he bought the claim?
Like, why is it even a feeling - he is absolutely doubting the claim. So what's your take on that?
I have seen people fake-claim lots of roles. I don't trust people's claims anymore. Unless explicit evidence is proven

@HOST is Paraphrasing allowed?
In post 313, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 312, Hermie wrote:Face palm... The first post contains all the role PM's...
Does it? Hang on lemme check
In post 314, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 312, Hermie wrote:Face palm... The first post contains all the role PM's...
They are. Great.

In that case
HOST DO PEOPLE GET NOTIFIED IF JAILED?
In post 316, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 315, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 311, Creeps20 wrote:I have seen people fake-claim lots of roles. I don't trust people's claims anymore. Unless explicit evidence is proven
What would be explicit evidence in your mind?
Generally if a specific person is jailed or affected by the role.
In post 319, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 317, PenguinPower wrote:Why would an unCC'd JK not be explicit evidence?
The rows.

We don't know which role we have or collum. Due to this there may not be another jailor. But for this to be true we would need more claims. Thus is why you never trust an un'CCed charecter until proof Is given
In post 321, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 320, mhsmith0 wrote:This is explicitly wrong. We have EXACTLY ONE of jk/cop/tracker. So no cc = conf!town (a cop should debatably stay silent but a jk or tracker or doc should always cc)
I actually had to check.

Yeah you are right. Why do I always over-exaggerate

For now I will

VTL PERSE

Due to inactivity
In post 326, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 325, Thor665 wrote:@Creeps - your vote is parsed wrong. You would strongly benefit from reading the Mod's initial series of posts describing the game rules and setup rules.
Forgot the url.

In post 328, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 327, Thor665 wrote:I'd give it another whirl just to be safe - but you're closer.

In post 56, Creeps20 wrote:Think so. Thor if it wasn't for the fact I am on mobile I would send you the links
In post 58, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: aelin

She drops in and does nothing. Suspicous? Yes. Maf don't want to contribute.
In post 60, Creeps20 wrote:Who said I wasn't open to suggestions? It is D1. No leads. So at this point we need a lynch of some description and/or major scum tells. We have never. So we are basically seeing people's behaviour. Thanks for contrubuting
In post 66, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 64, rb wrote:Also if Hermie has played mafia before why is he asking me to explain townreads on Day 1?
Didn't you play with him in 1740?
In post 70, Creeps20 wrote:I thought it ended. Oops
In post 78, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: UNVOTE

Let's give ourselves more time before a hammer shall we?
In post 81, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:

This is icky.
Let's wait for everyone to check in. There are still people who need to check in. Let's wait before having proper cases
In post 82, Creeps20 wrote:No this does not mean ignore her. It means we should look for more leads than one. If we have none in 6 days we can vote her up.
In post 84, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 83, Hermie wrote:Vote for them! In the words of another player a vote is your way of expressing your opinion in a stronger way then just saying it....

And a run down on creeps playstyle .. generally very active as scum or town...fluffy either way but more so as scum.. he has a tendency to overreact as scum and makes terrible night plans as scum... You guys don't talk at night so that isn't much of an issue here..
I always make terrible night plans. Oh and I am stubborn

Expression can kill an innocent. I would rather have a potential inno alive till further notice.
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:Okay my thoughts on RB...

First off he is reacting slightly different than what I would expect. He is making a massive deal out of it. On the forums I am from this is a clear tell tale sign of new scum. If i am not mistaken this is his 2nd game? Now then the games played here are different. But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
In post 122, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 121, Thor665 wrote:
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
Why would being a power role make him not react like a townie?
Because he is too important and fights more ferociously than a townie would. He needs to live much more than a townie. He knows this and so defends harder than a townie.
In post 124, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 123, Thor665 wrote:All townies owe it to fight to survive.
This is pro-town because town doesn't win by lynching town.
Also, it obligates scum to, theoretically, have to exert more force to cause a lynch, which presumably helps make them easier to spot.
I fight hard not to be lynched when town.

Even if we presume your point is exactly correct - it's functionally of no bearing, because you're still pointing out that either they are town or scum, much like saying you are either scum with no avatar, to make you less noticeable, or town with no avatar because you're lazy town - making the "tell" not a tell, yeah?

I don't really get this tell.
Never do I :p
It's something that people look for on my forum
In post 126, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 125, Hermie wrote:Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Hermie remember the latest game we played? The most unusual was town and the least was maf
In post 130, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 128, Thor665 wrote:So you're just saying things you don't understand/believe for the sake of conversation?
Yup. I do that a lot
In post 134, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 132, Thor665 wrote:
In post 128, Thor665 wrote:So you're just saying things you don't understand/believe for the sake of conversation?
Yup. I do that a lot
Why do you think it helps town to occlude your honest opinions?
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information. Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
In post 135, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Her
mie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
I actually have good comparison! It really depends on the personality of the player. Some players intentionally make themselves look scummy when they are a doc to save them from the deaths at night. One thing is for certain. Only 4 days worth of lynching. And this is never good I can tell you
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 136, MisaTange wrote:That's a good point, but...

I have this odd, odd feeling that Creeps (assuming he is scum) will be like "oh! but im a pr trying to act scummy to avoid being nightkilled!". or use that to defend his scumpartner, but that's probably just me being paranoid.
I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
In post 142, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information.
Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
The bolded is not an answer to the question, though I agree with it.
The italics are *also* not an answer to the question, and I disagree with them.
The question I put in Blue to help you find it.
Could you answer the question?
In post 137, Hermie wrote:And I request a prod of sinkongoreng
Requests to the mod should be put in bold to help them notice it, and usually prefacing with @Mod is a good idea also.
Currently we still have about four and a half hours until he hits prod range per the mods posted rules.
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
I didn't think you believed it, and I already indicated that I didn't either.
Who is going to try to use something no one believes in to justify scummy play?
I do believe it. I have done it as jailer, Vigilante ect.

What does occlude mean?
In post 144, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 143, MisaTange wrote:Google says: stop, close up, or obstruct (an opening, orifice, or passage). @Creeps :P
God damm stupid Google thingies!

So it means that then? Okay let me try to answer that question.

And STUPID DOUBLE POSTING
In post 145, Creeps20 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
Most of the time they are wrong. There has been cases where I have lynched power roles due to my opinion being valued too strongly. I actually have a game on a different forum starting soon. I will be able to have much more useful opinions soon.
In post 150, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 148, Hermie wrote:I reaaally wonder about creeps... He is not voting even tho if he believes his reads list he has enough of a reason too.. As I have said this is not his normal play but I feel like a scum creeps would be in the thick of this.. accusing everyone.. but if he is town he is fairly useless at the moment. I list him as a likely scum I guess. I would like more content from him... If he doesn't pipe up soon I would really lean towards scum but rb is still far more suspicious in my opinion
Well can't afford a mislynch. If we must mislynch do it today. But we need full on scum hunting in order to preform such a task. No instant "oh you are scum" play yet.
In post 155, Creeps20 wrote:Since we have no questions to answer and everything we can has been brought up i thought I would mention that in my first ever game I was accused of playing here. Well yeah that is self explanatory
In post 188, Creeps20 wrote:I don't think we will have sufficient data.

But I think i will, closer to the deadline, VTL alein
In post 190, Creeps20 wrote:I know hermie. I done it before
In post 218, Creeps20 wrote:Okay lets get the activitiy back.

Alein the only reason your voting me is because I voted you. This is called OMGUS and it is a pretty terrible scum tactic

VOTE: VTL ALEIN
In post 219, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 214, Hermie wrote:Interesting... I would not call that a usual scum tactic. But I remain certain that slot is scum... I will wait for the replacement to join before I Lynch tho!

VOTE: creeps20

For a general inactivity and an unnatural playstyle.. I want more posts before a Lynch but something doesn't quite feel right...
Okay just read.this. I am trying a new one out
In post 221, Creeps20 wrote:Herm I thought there were no new posts. Didn't see the next page exist
In post 242, Creeps20 wrote:I nearly forgot this existed. Oops. Reading back
In post 243, Creeps20 wrote:I am highly suspicious of algebra but in all honesty the other guy is town as far as I am concerned.

Also alein has disappeared.
In post 245, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 244, MisaTange wrote:
In post 237, mhsmith0 wrote:@Misa: do you have something tangible to back up your scum read on Aelin? It seems like you basically made a lurker vote in ; why did she stand out over Persephone (the other lurker), or PP/Creeps?
Partially tone. At that point, I felt like I disliked . Her "I'm not worth lynching." is the opposite of my "I'm okay with being lynched" in my eyes in my previous game, especially with a similar situation as this (we can afford mls with town getting majority). Her posts at that time were defense posts and I felt like her was weak, but that might be partially because I expected a longer post.

Persephone's felt at least SOME attempt on gamesolving (even though I feel like it is weak as well).

I think PP is a very slight TR for me, as well as I think Creeps is "weird" (done both townie and scummy things) as well as I'm not sure what I believe to be scummy is just a pet peeve of mine (constantly referencing meta is starting to be one of mine).

P-Edit: ...Also, why do I feel like Creeps is OMGUSing?
3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
In post 246, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 237, mhsmith0 wrote:@Misa: do you have something tangible to back up your scum read on Aelin? It seems like you basically made a lurker vote in ; why did she stand out over Persephone (the other lurker), or PP/Creeps?
Partially tone. At that point, I felt like I disliked . Her "I'm not worth lynching." is the opposite of my "I'm okay with being lynched" in my eyes in my previous game, especially with a similar situation as this (we can afford mls with town getting majority). Her posts at that time were defense posts and I felt like her was weak, but that might be partially because I expected a longer post.

Persephone's felt at least SOME attempt on gamesolving (even though I feel like it is weak as well).

I think PP is a very slight TR for me, as well as I think Creeps is "weird" (done both townie and scummy things) as well as I'm not sure what I believe to be scummy is just a pet peeve of mine (constantly referencing meta is starting to be one of mine).

3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
Okay let me expand.
All the ideas there are mostly copied of others and is in a stark contrast to mthsmith who brought in a lot of information.
In post 248, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 247, algebra wrote:
In post 243, Creeps20 wrote:I am highly suspicious of algebra but in all honesty the other guy is town as far as I am concerned.

Literally 1 game related post and "highly suspicious", lol.
And nothing to add.
In post 250, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 249, algebra wrote:What information does/did mhsmith have that we don't?
He added plenty of stuff. Got town on its feet and set us on the right track.

Your first was very scummy. Your one game related post is really just fluff. Collecting all ideas in a single post
In post 253, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 252, algebra wrote:
In post 249, algebra wrote:What information does/did mhsmith have that we don't?
He added plenty of stuff.
Got town on its feet and set us on the right track.

Your first was very scummy. Your one game related post is really just fluff. Collecting all ideas in a single post
In post 236, mhsmith0 wrote: VOTE: creeps20
lol
Who said I meant it like that? He began an extensive scum hunt. Better than anyone else here
In post 255, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 254, algebra wrote:What makes his 4 player scum pool so much more extensive than my 3?
He came up with extensive proof and reasoning. He brought new things in
In post 295, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 263, MisaTange wrote:I feel like this is a good reminder to not claim until you are at L-1 (one more vote till lynch), a person has expressed intent to hammer with bold, and some majority of town agree you should claim.

Also

AELIN LOOK THRU THE THREAD AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
Looks like someone didn't
In post 268, Aelin wrote:Ok since I softclaimed enough to be a walking target for Mafia possibky anyway and I don't think I'llget off the hook for being lyched any other way:
I am the Town Jailkeeper.
Haven't decided who I will choose to jail yet.
You are the Jailer? Great. We know who is dead tonight. Unless your fake claiming. In this set up in could claim anyrole and be scum. I wouldn't trust this ye

Sorry hermie have been having some technical issues. Well I guess if I die it ain't too bad for town. I am not a PR so yeah. Lynch me if you wish.
In post 296, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: UNVTL ALEIN
Innocent til CC'ed. Although the jailer can't do anything but counter claim. And I don't think a jailer would want to.
In post 299, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 298, Thor665 wrote:
In post 289, Hermie wrote:Why does that sound forced? Am I just too certain that rb was scum? Do I need to open my eyes and take another look?
By the sheer fact you're asking that question - the answer is yes.
In post 289, Hermie wrote: Pp has been very quiet lately... I guess I would call him null.

[snip]

I would place Thor as as close to confirmed town as possible without a host claim... Mayor or something
Considering these two reads, you should sheep me for at least a bit.
In post 297, algebra wrote:D1? Jailer should always CC
For Jailer, I would agree - all of the other roles I disagree on.
I had to look the role up. This jailor is not a power role compared to other game's. So let's hope penguin power is not jailor shall we?
In post 41, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 38, Hermie wrote:It is interesting that for all you say I look scummy you haven't voted me... Not a very townie move according to some....
In post 35, Hermie wrote:It's a proven fact... Anyway rb is active now.. VOTE: creeps20 he is from the supercell forums and is super active most of the time... More then me even...
I was asleep. Anyways I know hermies maf style much more than anyone else on any forums. I would say he his VTL on me is worrying to say the least. He always acts scrummy and I am always the one who pays down the proof. With me gone he can win much easier
In post 47, Creeps20 wrote:Thor hermies maf play-style is distinct to say the least. He is not playing like his maf self but the vote on me is mildly frightening as once I am gone he could be able to be his maf self freely.
In post 54, Creeps20 wrote:Thor hermies standard maf play-style includes acting as town. Then 'cling on' to a high power player. Meaning he covers the other mafia.
In post 147, Creeps20 wrote:1)
Aelin
Inactive but new. Null at the moment
2)
Creeps20
Town
3)
Hermie
Leaning on town
4)
MisaTange
Feels like he is trying to help but is he
Too
protown?
5)
PenguinPower
[SE] Haven't seen much of him.
6)
persephone325
Same as alein
7)
rb
[SE] Scummy to say the least
8)
sinkongoreng
Inactive
9)
Thor665
[IC] No clear read. Nul

Here ya go

Iso creeps posts, Thor, and see what you think..

Creeps has done very little scum hunting or town hunting.. he has one scum list. He starts the game talking about me rather then about current game events.
His activity level is low and seems to be mostsly limited to one line posts that do little to help town... Im not saying he is scum but if he is town he isn't doing us alot of good..

Spoiler added. ~Zaicon
Last edited by Zaicon on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Hermie »

Awe sorry i decided I wasn't gonna post all those so I thought I had them cleared...
@ MOD can you spoiler that text wall?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 332, Hermie wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 311, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 310, Thor665 wrote:
In post 307, MisaTange wrote:Why do I feel like Creeps is doubtcasting in /?
Probably because he was straight up saying he wasn't sure he bought the claim?
Like, why is it even a feeling - he is absolutely doubting the claim. So what's your take on that?
I have seen people fake-claim lots of roles. I don't trust people's claims anymore. Unless explicit evidence is proven

@HOST is Paraphrasing allowed?
In post 314, Creeps20 wrote:
They are. Great.

In that case
HOST DO PEOPLE GET NOTIFIED IF JAILED?
In post 316, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 315, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 311, Creeps20 wrote:I have seen people fake-claim lots of roles. I don't trust people's claims anymore. Unless explicit evidence is proven
What would be explicit evidence in your mind?
Generally if a specific person is jailed or affected by the role.
In post 319, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 317, PenguinPower wrote:Why would an unCC'd JK not be explicit evidence?
The rows.

We don't know which role we have or collum. Due to this there may not be another jailor. But for this to be true we would need more claims. Thus is why you never trust an un'CCed charecter until proof Is given
In post 321, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 320, mhsmith0 wrote:This is explicitly wrong. We have EXACTLY ONE of jk/cop/tracker. So no cc = conf!town (a cop should debatably stay silent but a jk or tracker or doc should always cc)
I actually had to check.

Yeah you are right. Why do I always over-exaggerate

For now I will

VTL PERSE

Due to inactivity
In post 326, Creeps20 wrote:
Forgot the url.

In post 328, Creeps20 wrote:

In post 56, Creeps20 wrote:Think so. Thor if it wasn't for the fact I am on mobile I would send you the links
In post 58, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: aelin

She drops in and does nothing. Suspicous? Yes. Maf don't want to contribute.
In post 60, Creeps20 wrote:Who said I wasn't open to suggestions? It is D1. No leads. So at this point we need a lynch of some description and/or major scum tells. We have never. So we are basically seeing people's behaviour. Thanks for contrubuting
In post 66, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 64, rb wrote:Also if Hermie has played mafia before why is he asking me to explain townreads on Day 1?
Didn't you play with him in 1740?
In post 70, Creeps20 wrote:I thought it ended. Oops

In post 81, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:

This is icky.
Let's wait for everyone to check in. There are still people who need to check in. Let's wait before having proper cases
In post 82, Creeps20 wrote:No this does not mean ignore her. It means we should look for more leads than one. If we have none in 6 days we can vote her up.
In post 84, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 83, Hermie wrote:Vote for them! In the words of another player a vote is your way of expressing your opinion in a stronger way then just saying it....

And a run down on creeps playstyle .. generally very active as scum or town...fluffy either way but more so as scum.. he has a tendency to overreact as scum and makes terrible night plans as scum... You guys don't talk at night so that isn't much of an issue here..
I always make terrible night plans. Oh and I am stubborn

Expression can kill an innocent. I would rather have a potential inno alive till further notice.
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:Okay my thoughts on RB...

First off he is reacting slightly different than what I would expect. He is making a massive deal out of it. On the forums I am from this is a clear tell tale sign of new scum. If i am not mistaken this is his 2nd game? Now then the games played here are different. But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
In post 122, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 121, Thor665 wrote:
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
Why would being a power role make him not react like a townie?
Because he is too important and fights more ferociously than a townie would. He needs to live much more than a townie. He knows this and so defends harder than a townie.
In post 124, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 123, Thor665 wrote:All townies owe it to fight to survive.
This is pro-town because town doesn't win by lynching town.
Also, it obligates scum to, theoretically, have to exert more force to cause a lynch, which presumably helps make them easier to spot.
I fight hard not to be lynched when town.

Even if we presume your point is exactly correct - it's functionally of no bearing, because you're still pointing out that either they are town or scum, much like saying you are either scum with no avatar, to make you less noticeable, or town with no avatar because you're lazy town - making the "tell" not a tell, yeah?

I don't really get this tell.
Never do I :p
It's something that people look for on my forum
In post 126, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 125, Hermie wrote:Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Hermie remember the latest game we played? The most unusual was town and the least was maf
Yup. I do that a lot
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information. Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
In post 135, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Her
mie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
I actually have good comparison! It really depends on the personality of the player. Some players intentionally make themselves look scummy when they are a doc to save them from the deaths at night. One thing is for certain. Only 4 days worth of lynching. And this is never good I can tell you
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 136, MisaTange wrote:That's a good point, but...

I have this odd, odd feeling that Creeps (assuming he is scum) will be like "oh! but im a pr trying to act scummy to avoid being nightkilled!". or use that to defend his scumpartner, but that's probably just me being paranoid.
I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
In post 142, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information.
Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
The bolded is not an answer to the question, though I agree with it.
The italics are *also* not an answer to the question, and I disagree with them.
The question I put in Blue to help you find it.
Could you answer the question?
In post 137, Hermie wrote:And I request a prod of sinkongoreng
Requests to the mod should be put in bold to help them notice it, and usually prefacing with @Mod is a good idea also.
Currently we still have about four and a half hours until he hits prod range per the mods posted rules.
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
I didn't think you believed it, and I already indicated that I didn't either.
Who is going to try to use something no one believes in to justify scummy play?
I do believe it. I have done it as jailer, Vigilante ect.

What does occlude mean?
In post 144, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 143, MisaTange wrote:Google says: stop, close up, or obstruct (an opening, orifice, or passage). @Creeps :P
God damm stupid Google thingies!

So it means that then? Okay let me try to answer that question.

And STUPID DOUBLE POSTING
In post 145, Creeps20 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
Most of the time they are wrong. There has been cases where I have lynched power roles due to my opinion being valued too strongly. I actually have a game on a different forum starting soon. I will be able to have much more useful opinions soon.
In post 150, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 148, Hermie wrote:I reaaally wonder about creeps... He is not voting even tho if he believes his reads list he has enough of a reason too.. As I have said this is not his normal play but I feel like a scum creeps would be in the thick of this.. accusing everyone.. but if he is town he is fairly useless at the moment. I list him as a likely scum I guess. I would like more content from him... If he doesn't pipe up soon I would really lean towards scum but rb is still far more suspicious in my opinion
Well can't afford a mislynch. If we must mislynch do it today. But we need full on scum hunting in order to preform such a task. No instant "oh you are scum" play yet.
In post 155, Creeps20 wrote:Since we have no questions to answer and everything we can has been brought up i thought I would mention that in my first ever game I was accused of playing here. Well yeah that is self explanatory
In post 188, Creeps20 wrote:I don't think we will have sufficient data.

But I think i will, closer to the deadline, VTL alein
In post 190, Creeps20 wrote:I know hermie. I done it before
In post 218, Creeps20 wrote:Okay lets get the activitiy back.

Alein the only reason your voting me is because I voted you. This is called OMGUS and it is a pretty terrible scum tactic

VOTE: VTL ALEIN
In post 219, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 214, Hermie wrote:Interesting... I would not call that a usual scum tactic. But I remain certain that slot is scum... I will wait for the replacement to join before I Lynch tho!

VOTE: creeps20

For a general inactivity and an unnatural playstyle.. I want more posts before a Lynch but something doesn't quite feel right...
Okay just read.this. I am trying a new one out
In post 221, Creeps20 wrote:Herm I thought there were no new posts. Didn't see the next page exist
In post 242, Creeps20 wrote:I nearly forgot this existed. Oops. Reading back

3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
In post 246, Creeps20 wrote:

3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
Okay let me expand.
All the ideas there are mostly copied of others and is in a stark contrast to mthsmith who brought in a lot of information.
In post 248, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 247, algebra wrote:

Literally 1 game related post and "highly suspicious", lol.
And nothing to add.
He added plenty of stuff. Got town on its feet and set us on the right track.

In post 253, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 252, algebra wrote:
He added plenty of stuff.
Got town on its feet and set us on the right track.

In post 236, mhsmith0 wrote: VOTE: creeps20
lol
Who said I meant it like that? He began an extensive scum hunt. Better than anyone else here
In post 255, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 254, algebra wrote:What makes his 4 player scum pool so much more extensive than my 3?
He came up with extensive proof and reasoning. He brought new things in
In post 295, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 263, MisaTange wrote:I feel like this is a good reminder to not claim until you are at L-1 (one more vote till lynch), a person has expressed intent to hammer with bold, and some majority of town agree you should claim.

Also

AELIN LOOK THRU THE THREAD AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
Looks like someone didn't
In post 268, Aelin wrote:Ok since I softclaimed enough to be a walking target for Mafia possibky anyway and I don't think I'llget off the hook for being lyched any other way:
I am the Town Jailkeeper.
Haven't decided who I will choose to jail yet.
You are the Jailer? Great. We know who is dead tonight. Unless your fake claiming. In this set up in could claim anyrole and be scum. I wouldn't trust this ye

Sorry hermie have been having some technical issues. Well I guess if I die it ain't too bad for town. I am not a PR so yeah. Lynch me if you wish.
In post 296, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: UNVTL ALEIN
Innocent til CC'ed. Although the jailer can't do anything but counter claim. And I don't think a jailer would want to.
In post 299, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 298, Thor665 wrote:
In post 289, Hermie wrote:Why does that sound forced? Am I just too certain that rb was scum? Do I need to open my eyes and take another look?
By the sheer fact you're asking that question - the answer is yes.
In post 289, Hermie wrote: Pp has been very quiet lately... I guess I would call him null.

[snip]

I would place Thor as as close to confirmed town as possible without a host claim... Mayor or something
Considering these two reads, you should sheep me for at least a bit.
In post 297, algebra wrote:D1? Jailer should always CC
For Jailer, I would agree - all of the other roles I disagree on.
I had to look the role up. This jailor is not a power role compared to other game's. So let's hope penguin power is not jailor shall we?
In post 41, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 38, Hermie wrote:It is interesting that for all you say I look scummy you haven't voted me... Not a very townie move according to some....
In post 35, Hermie wrote:It's a proven fact... Anyway rb is active now.. VOTE: creeps20 he is from the supercell forums and is super active most of the time... More then me even...
I was asleep. Anyways I know hermies maf style much more than anyone else on any forums. I would say he his VTL on me is worrying to say the least. He always acts scrummy and I am always the one who pays down the proof. With me gone he can win much easier
In post 47, Creeps20 wrote:Thor hermies maf play-style is distinct to say the least. He is not playing like his maf self but the vote on me is mildly frightening as once I am gone he could be able to be his maf self freely.
In post 54, Creeps20 wrote:Thor hermies standard maf play-style includes acting as town. Then 'cling on' to a high power player. Meaning he covers the other mafia.
In post 147, Creeps20 wrote:1)
Aelin
Inactive but new. Null at the moment
2)
Creeps20
Town
3)
Hermie
Leaning on town
4)
MisaTange
Feels like he is trying to help but is he
Too
protown?
5)
PenguinPower
[SE] Haven't seen much of him.
6)
persephone325
Same as alein
7)
rb
[SE] Scummy to say the least
8)
sinkongoreng
Inactive
9)
Thor665
[IC] No clear read. Nul

Here ya go

Iso creeps posts, Thor, and see what you think..

Creeps has done very little scum hunting or town hunting.. he has one scum list. He starts the game talking about me rather then about current game events.
His activity level is low and seems to be mostsly limited to one line posts that do little to help town... Im not saying he is scum but if he is town he isn't doing us alot of good..

Spoiler added. ~Zaicon
It is day 1 hermie. We haven't had time to do much. But the maf have already decided their kill. Alein. Unless he/she is maf. I need information on the lynch if D1 and the maf target. Then we can get into gear
Last edited by Zaicon on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Hermie »

You have to make information happen day 1.. that is the point of the random wagons and putting people at l-1..

There are 14 pages... If you can't get any info from that you need to reread.. and as for the day 1 Lynch it is looking like it could quite possibly be you...
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 335, Hermie wrote:You have to make information happen day 1.. that is the point of the random wagons and putting people at l-1..

There are 14 pages... If you can't get any info from that you need to reread.. and as for the day 1 Lynch it is looking like it could quite possibly be you...
All we have here is one half. We need the other. When the deaths and lynches aline then scum is found. I don't trust scum tells often. I trust proof. At this point proof is hidden. I don't care about being lynched. What I do care about is that scum tells alone are rarely enough to lynch someone. EXE and jester spoil this. This is why I hate D1. They have too much of a precense. When we are here we wait for someone to mess up massively to decide on a lynch. Anyone could be town. And anyone can be scum. Trickery is high in these games. Which is my point. We shan't lynch someone because a group of people say " oh look he is acting werid ". Power players can take advantage of town like a flock of sheep. It is natural for me to wander astray. Yet people see this as a sign of scum and attempt to lynch me early. This is scaring me a lot.

Also Thor is starting to act werid. That playstyle seems to be like Hermies maf. Latching on to a player (me) and when they get lynched the other gets killed. This seems to be the case here
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Hermie »

In a very simple game like this hard proof IS NOT going to happen ... Unlike tos and some of the forum games this is a vanilla game with one town or and one or no maf PRS... So in this game playstyle and scummy play is what we have to Lynch people off of... Hard proof isn't gonna happen unless we have a cop...

Alos requesting hard proof could be a scum tactic to divert town from their lynch...

I will look back at Thor tho... He is at this point my strongest town read.. but I will check up on him
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 337, Hermie wrote:In a very simple game like this hard proof IS NOT going to happen ... Unlike tos and some of the forum games this is a vanilla game with one town or and one or no maf PRS... So in this game playstyle and scummy play is what we have to Lynch people off of... Hard proof isn't gonna happen unless we have a cop...

Alos requesting hard proof could be a scum tactic to divert town from their lynch...

I will look back at Thor tho... He is at this point my strongest town read.. but I will check up on him
There are several ways to gain hard proof.
1. BWers and starters and results
2. Killings showing intellect level. Like being stopped by doc for instance
3. CCs
4. Jumpiness from one person to another.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:23 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Creeps, why Persephone and not penguin? Do you have a town read on penguin? If so what is your basis? Voting off your counter wagon is a surprising move unless you have a really strong town read on penguin or strong scum read on pers, and I haven't seen the basis for either in your ISO. Am I missing something?
Show
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 339, mhsmith0 wrote:Creeps, why Persephone and not penguin? Do you have a town read on penguin? If so what is your basis? Voting off your counter wagon is a surprising move unless you have a really strong town read on penguin or strong scum read on pers, and I haven't seen the basis for either in your ISO. Am I missing something?
PenguinPower is a power player. I generally prefer keeping Power players alive till there is substantial reason to lynch them. It is less of a loss that way
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:39 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Talk about what you mean here. Penguin certainly hasn't been doing much so far this game; do you mean he's usually good (presumably based on shared history)? Something else?
Show
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 341, mhsmith0 wrote:Talk about what you mean here. Penguin certainly hasn't been doing much so far this game; do you mean he's usually good (presumably based on shared history)? Something else?
Your first guess. I have seen plenty of power players play bad and then get the entire maf team lynched.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 338, Creeps20 wrote:4. Jumpiness from one person to another.
How is this hard proof? And, how is it any harder proof than an unCC'd claim?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:47 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

What shared history do you have?
Show
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 344, mhsmith0 wrote:What shared history do you have?
From witnessing hermies first game he seems a Power player. No personal experience with him though. I don't think at least
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Second time you have referenced an ongoing game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I'm talking about penguin, not Hermes.
Show
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 343, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 338, Creeps20 wrote:4. Jumpiness from one person to another.
How is this hard proof? And, how is it any harder proof than an unCC'd claim?
It isn't harder. A jumpy vote is result of a maf trying to avoid conflict by changing votes constantly. Voting their town reads for example.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 346, PenguinPower wrote:Second time you have referenced an ongoing game.
I need a better memory. Forgot it was ongoing

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”