Newbie 2128 - Manila Noir - Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 1264, iamveryhappy wrote:
In post 264, JasonWazza wrote:
So Happy is like Conf town.

Mikhail is a troll, don't know their alignment, hopefully reading Alianna can clear that up.
I feel like Starfire is scum for not even considering that Happy is Town PR IN THE CASE THAT Mikhail flips town. (Scum are more likely to not notice that this is a fake, Town can understand that it can be fake, and therefore Happy could be town PR.)
Keria is town.
Ender feels like scum with Starfire given posts like
PC feels town.

Who does that leave?

Madushia and Smiley

ISO time.

Madushia feels like they would be scum WITH Mikhail.
Smiley feels town from their reads on other players
In post 291, JasonWazza wrote: Scum are likely to think Town is real claiming, thus be confused by the softing.

Starfire and Ender both seem to basically just ignore the fact that Happy is very obviously softing, and like Happy was basically telling them that he is softing, yet they both seem to think it's more reasonable that he is scummy for what he has done, then reconsider that Mikhail is bad, this is more likely to come from scum, because they know they are bad and thus not Mikhail, whereas town are going to go "Ok, Happy and Mikhail are trying to both claim contradicting roles, something is wrong here, let's wait and see"
some support of me being mason from your sub
In post 880, Deltabreedy wrote: SNIP~

If Happy wasn't already confirmed, at this point I'd be saying that #33 gives me major townvibes.

SNIP~

---

But we know now that the Masons are PC and IAVH
... just guh?

SNIP~
your cc doesn't work AT ALL lol
Haven't you been a mason in another game? You know that Masons can talk privately and what we say in public might not be entirely accurate to what we say?

PC and Jason discussed letting it slide in D1 and then overnight when I replaced in I chatted with Clout about your Cop claim - we figured that if it wasn't redacted we'd maintain the status quo in order to go ahead and lim someone that we found scummy - IE Koba. I said cool, but let me check first and on re-reading I came to much the same conclusion.

Again, had I CC'd yesterday, I 100% would have been the lim, and in my mind Koba was conf!scum by midway through D2 for which I needed you to bus them.

Naturally, I didn't realise it was town but this was an opinion that PC, Jason and I all held through D1 and N1 and one that I sustained through D2.

@Ender on the off chance that it's not you and that it's one of Star or Smiley - can you explain why you're punishing me for making the Argument on town that you sheeped? Like bruh - take some responsibility.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

Anyway yeah Happy should be today's lim
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

Scum are often used to being the only ones that can scheme - look at how synchronised the response has been and how Ender's only response was to come out with an argument against
Never forget

|
GTKAS
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by ender »

In post 1268, Deltabreedy wrote: Why the fuck would I soft?
so that you would have something tangible to point at when you finally claim. like iavh has. and you don't.
In post 1268, Deltabreedy wrote: Come On, Please!

Look, I just softed Cop, does it mean I am? No!
let's not pretend that "Come On Please" is a convincing claim compared to how iavh did it.

when iavh softed PC's name, PC had only posted once and it was just a vote on starfire, so there's no way PC had somehow made any indication in game that he was a PR or given a supposed scum!iavh any reason to think he was mason or any other PR.

i refuse to believe scum!iavh pulled PC's name out of thin air and decided he was the right person to soft for an eventual fake mason claim, and then lo and behold, he was correct.

the soft came at a very reasonable time, shortly following a mason claim that iavh suspected he was going to eventually have to counter, and it was very specific, not just something like capitals spelling 'mason' or something, but his actual partner's name, which was then proven by PC flipping mason N1.

let's contrast that with what you've done:
1. after choosing not to counter on Day 2 when we would be at an advantage when doing a cross-elim of you and iavh until we hit scum (because logically it's one or the other of you),
2. and after a very wifom-y NK that conveniently leaves the person your countering claiming alive, and who is generally accepted as conf!scum by basically everyone in town (including yourself yesterday)
3. you come into Day 3 and try to say that iavh is alive because he's scum and you're a mason,
4. and that oh btw the NK on alianna must have been to paint you in a bad light so it must have been wifom by scum!iavh.

here are the facts: you have nothing to back up your claim, you contradict earlier posts by yourself and your slot, and you push for a quick elim of the only conf!town slot in the game now that we're in a position where the wrong elim loses the game.

if you're actually mason, you threw the game by not countering yesterday. if you're scum, you tried a gambit to see if you could get one of us on board, and it failed miserably.
In post 1275, Deltabreedy wrote: @Ender on the off chance that it's not you and that it's one of Star or Smiley - can you explain why you're punishing me for making the Argument on town that you sheeped? Like bruh - take some responsibility.
i hammered a town slot, after ultimately allowing myself to be convinced he was scummy. and let's be real i still think his play was scummy, i don't walk back any of the criticisms i had of him. nonetheless, i chose to type the letters that resulted in him dying. i am personally responsible for us mis-elimming Koba Day 2.

have i taken enough responsibility, i can take more if you'd like.

i'm not "punishing [you] for making the Argument on town that [ I ] sheeped". my vote right now has nothing to do with that.

i'm voting you because your mason claim doesn't make a lick of sense and reeks of scum motivation. plus you're trying to use this claim to lean on PC as the reason for your wagon on Koba and for your lack of a counter claim day 2.

also
In post 1270, Deltabreedy wrote: Had I CC'd yesterday, Koba would have pushed my lim and we'd be completely without PC, Jason's and now my insight which is literally vital to the hame
In post 1275, Deltabreedy wrote: Again, had I CC'd yesterday, I 100% would have been the lim, and in my mind Koba was conf!scum by midway through D2 for which I needed you to bus them.
you do realize that, in the case of a counter claim, it is the responsibility of the town aligned clamant to accept that they are likely going to be elimmed in a cross-elim, right? we either get lucky and hit the claimer that is mafia first, or we sacrifice the legit claimer and land on mafia the second day.

that way we get a scum essentially guaranteed. not like it ended up with you deciding to withhold your counter claim to day 3. of course you didn't want to be the elim yesterday, because you're scum and you need to stay alive.

my vote isn't moving at this point. if that's game, that's game.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

It's late where i'm at and i've decided that i've had enough of this desperate attempt at a counterclaim. As Ender mentioned above if you are a mason than this game was lost when you didn't claim yesterday.

VOTE: Deltabreedy

iamveryhappy, I would recommend taking another look at Jason/Delta's interactions during the night phase in case scum decide to kill myself over you. There's a big decision to be made tomorrow and any links we can find could prove useful here.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

I don’t think I’m living lol
Delta only kept me alive to cc me
And I’m cracked at volo
Meaning you have a higher chance to live
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

gg I’m scum lol

Hammer went through, koba-senpai see you in deadchat
iavh is slightly annoyed
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE COUNT 3.FINAL
TO BE CONTINUED.

Deltabreedy (3):
ender, iamveryhappy, SmileyDude1
[ELIMINATION]

iamveryhappy (1): Deltabreedy

Not Voting (1): Starfire

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to eliminate someone.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-08-19 14:00:00)
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:34 pm

ELIMINATION
TO BE CONTINUED.

Deltabreedy was a
Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Role PM
Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 is frozen at 48 hours until Starfire picks up her prod PM or she has been replaced. Please submit any Night Actions you have to me by PM.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:08 am

the worst replaces Starfire.

Night 3 ends in (expired on 2023-08-18 19:10:00) -- or if all remaining players vote to end the night early.

Night 3 ends by unanimous decision.

(4/4)
Last edited by humaneatingmonkey on Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:00 am

iamveryhappy was killed. He was a
Town Mason

Spoiler: Role PM
Town MasonWelcome!

You are a
Town Mason

You know that is Town-aligned. You also share a Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You have no active abilities.

You win when there are no longer any threats to town.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

DAY 4

VOTE COUNT 4.0
PROBABLY NOT GONNA CONTINUE THIS ANYMORE. LET'S BE HONEST.

Not Voting (3):
ender, SmileyDude1, the worst

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 to eliminate someone.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-08-23 23:00:00)
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:40 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

*Sigh* here we go

Currently at work right now, but wanted to say that I took another look at the Delta slot's interactions during the night phase

Will post my findings when I get home.

ADHD
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:33 am

Post by ender »

welcome @the worst

i'm withholding a vote until both of you have a chance to respond and give your thoughts.

Here's where my head is at for the start of today (I wrote most of this during the night):

I don't see scum!Smiley agreeing to let Delta make that counter claim. The much easier play would have been to push me, especially seeing iavh and Smiley immediately stating their comfort with elimming me yesterday. I'm pretty sure if it was Smiley/Delta, Smiley would have pushed back hard on the entire idea, and the NK would have been iavh.

Granted, I wouldn't see Starfire agreeing to the coutner claim or NK choice either, but seeing as she apparently flaked and has been replaced, we don't know how much she participated in any of the Night 2 or Day 3 strategy discussion.

So my guess is a Delta/Starfire team. Delta likely made the decision on his own to counter claim, which also would make sense with him picking Alianna as the NK on his own, as he made that part of his case. I'm guessing if Starfire had been around she would have disagreed with the counter claim and with Alianna as the NK.

So with that theory in mind, I've gone back to examine the iso's and interactions between starfire and the wayward/jason/delta slot.

Day 1
1. wayward is replaced after no activity beyond page 1, and his page 1 activity is nothing substantial.
2. jason replaces in and immediately conf!town's happy, and immediately puts some distance between himself and Starfire, saying she is scum and saying he feels like she and i are scum together.
3. his case against starfire (and me) is essentially that we each missed iavh's softing as a PR
4. despite his position on both of us he doesn't vote us, instead placing his first vote on Koba
5. he goes back and forth with Koba, and then goes back and forth with me a bit
6. Starfire comments in that "Ender-JasonWazza does not look good at all for ender" and perhaps it didn't, but this is an easy place for scum!starfire to influence other players' minds away from Jason
7. Jason and Starfire have a very minimal interaction after which Jason says the scum team is most likely Koba/Ender
8. Jason continues on Koba for a long while
9. In Jason puts his vote on me. "This is already an easy Ender lim, frankly I've been keeping this thought under my hat to see if Koba did anything worthwhile."
10. In Starfire sheeps Jason. In post it's pretty blatant: "Ender seems like scum for the reasons JasonWazza sets out"
11. In Jason officially says he doesn't think Starfire is scum (i guess he was trying to let his previous suspicion hang in the air until he was specifically asked about it)
12. In Starfire votes Smiley for lack of content.
Note
this comes after my in which I essentially call Smiley out for the same thing. Not only that but, it comes after Smiley apologized in for lack of activity due to being sick. My take on this if assuming scum!Starfire: she was looking for someone to go against but didn't want to only sheep Jason against me and Koba. So she fished around until she saw an easy target on someone who another person had already called out for lack of content.
13. When PC asks who people are comfortable with limming, in she lists myself and Koba, who Jason has been going against, and of course adds Smiley because she's voting him. She had promised a post in response to Smiley's defense but it never came.
14. PC is the NK, and my take on it is that Jason had flaked, she believed iavh's cop claim, she is an RB so she believed there was a doc, she went fishing for doc and happened to hit mason instead.

Day 2.
1. She votes iavh immediately due to his claims and saying there's a doc after a mason flip. The vote seems opportunistic, like she was hoping to start a quick wagon on iavh
2. Post is interesting. There's Night Action analysis to explain why the NK was advantageous for Koba (side note: since i wrote this up during Night, I couldn't use the quote button for properly linked and attributed quote tags):
--snip--

@ DkKoba, as scum, you'd both RB the cop and try to NK them? That sounds like a waste of resources, I'd assume if scum believes the cop-claim (probably is the case) they'd RB the cop and try and find the doctor or NK the townie they fear most going to the endgame. As an aside, do you prefer Koba/DK or no abbreviation?

Using the logic above I think DkKoba would want PC dead as scum. @ IAVH why is DkKoba the obvious NK for scum if they are town? Ur obvs cleared, this is me trying to understand your reasoning (and ideally learn to play)

Smiley-DkKoba is where I'm at right now.
--snip--
honestly it feels like scum!starfire finding a way to explain the scum team's actions. of course she would have thought through what night actions make sense for someone who believe's iavh's claim: to rb the cop and take a shot in the dark at who they suspect as doc.

Here's the kicker: Jason had site flaked by this point, and Delta was the replacement overnight. Starfire likely had to come up with the kill and the roleblock targets because even if Delta was around during the night, he wouldn't have had enough time to catch up on the thread and properly think through any other targets. And we know starfire had already missed iavh's softing in the past, so it makes sense she'd miss Koba's softing as doc (i.e. why Koba was so adamant that he should have been the NK target).

So she instead picked someone she thought could be doc and/or thought she could paint as a good NK choice for Koba so that she could use that in the case against him.

3. Starfire votes Smiley, reacts to iavh revealing his typo-softing, and then votes Koba. Once again, using PC's town flip to throw shade on Koba's interactions with him.
4. She keeps pushing Koba for a few more posts before Delta's first post.
5. Nothing really interesting jumps out at me from there until , talking to Koba, she says: "Nae bother, plenty of Day left. Talk me about town!Ender? I haven't managed to read that slot at all."
She hadn't managed to read my slot yet, but wasn't she finding me scummy most of Day 1? Sounds like she was more trying to get a read on me from Smiley without influencing it by providing a read, so that she could hop on if Smiley decided I was a good wagon.
6. Again nothing of note until Delta posts his "stream of consciousness" post . Starfire is his scummiest read in his read list "as of page 5". He continues to point at starfire throughout the post, right until the last bit where he hard shifts to Koba. My guess is he wanted to distance himself from Starfire but didn't want to bus his partner with no reason.
7. His big post culminates in a vote on Koba, which he follows up with some more supporting "evidence", i.e. the supposed scum slip of being too sure there's a doc
8. Pretty quickly we move into the heated interaction between Delta and Koba that lasts a while.
9. Starfire comes back in with post , with a null read on Delta and reasserts suspicion of Koba. She asks Delta who he prefers to elim that day (between Starfire and Koba).
10. Then she goes on V/LA and doesn't post again.
11. Delta manages to sweet talk me into changing my mind and hammering Koba.
12. Alianna is the NK

Day 3
1. Delta mason counter claim, gets elimmed, flips red.
2. Starfire was replaced, furthering my suspicion that she wasn't really around to give input on Delta's NK choice or his decision to counter claim. And since Smiley was around and I don't see him agreeing with those decisions, I don't think a Smiley/Delta team works.

So given Starfire's flake and the interactions I noted above, I think the most likely is a Delta/the worst team.

I'll withhold my vote to give everyone a chance to speak their mind.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:28 am

Post by the worst »

hi pals I haven't read up properly yet but wasn't interested in stalling out. I can see ender has posted a wall CONDEMNING the heck outta my predecessor so I'm guessing interacting w ender isn't going to fill me with a great amount of joy

Ender are u quite satisfied that Smiley is town? Or just quite focused on my pred as scum

Keen to see where you're at too Smiley

I'll report back with my findings when I read up but I am in Australia and it is firmly time for sleeps here
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:30 am

Post by the worst »

actually heck we're on a time budget I'll skip to question 2 -- ender I can see that you are quite satisfied starfire was scum, therefore I'm scum, and that a scum!Smiley world doesn't really work fypov. what is stopping you from voting me in that post?

do you anticipate Smiley will say anything or I'll say anything that will change your mind?

not attacking just like, trying to get to know the workings of your mind
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:06 am

Post by ender »

In post 1289, the worst wrote: actually heck we're on a time budget I'll skip to question 2 -- ender I can see that you are quite satisfied starfire was scum, therefore I'm scum, and that a scum!Smiley world doesn't really work fypov. what is stopping you from voting me in that post?

do you anticipate Smiley will say anything or I'll say anything that will change your mind?

not attacking just like, trying to get to know the workings of your mind
essentially as I said:
In post 1287, ender wrote: i'm withholding a vote until both of you have a chance to respond and give your thoughts.
while i think the likelihood of scum!Smiley is pretty low in my mind right now, i'm also aware of the position we're in where one vote can set up a quick hammer for a scum win.

i'd also like to do a similar iso read on Smiley's interactions with Delta's slot and yours, and i think we still have time for me to do that before making a decision.

and in any case, even if i find your slot to be probable scum i think it's fair to give you a chance to share your thoughts. there's only 3 of us alive so we should avoid rushed decisions and should try to get as much information as possible.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:00 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1286, SmileyDude1 wrote: *Sigh* here we go

Currently at work right now, but wanted to say that I took another look at the Delta slot's interactions during the night phase

Will post my findings when I get home.
Took another look at Jason/Delta interactions during night phase.

JasonWazza has both the Starfire Slot/Ender in his PoE during the initial impressions of day 1. They later vote Ender in their 603 pairing them with DKkoba in the process. After Ender is brought to E-1, I make posts ,, and which causes the wagon to shift elsewhere. Interestingly Jason doesn't do too much to stop this only questioning PC's unvote in . Besides their initial impression the Jason/Starfire slots didn't really have too many notable interactions day 1.

Day 2 is where it gets interesting. Delta didn't really interact with either of the Ender/Starfire slots directly during day 2, though both slots did take action to aid the Deltabreedy slot. Ender of course had the hammer on DK day 2, while the Starfire slot pushed on DK early day 2 and their comes off as an attempt to defend Delta by trying to shift the conversation into a DK/Starfire 1v1 rather than a DK/Delta one.

Day 3 is weird due to the Starfire slot not participating at all, Ender's initial reluctance to Delta scum came off poorly to me, but I liked their reaction to Delta's fakeclaim, especially their dismantling Delta's rebuttal. Delta's attempt to fakeclaim mason comes off as kind of absurd to even attempt though for reasoning mentioned in Happy's , which has me slightly paranoid that this maybe could have been a gambit.

In summary, right now I think I feel better about Ender's position relative to the Jason/Delta slot then I do the Starfire slot. Though Delta/Starfire would also mean that Delta was essentially running solo since the latter part of day 2, and I'm not sure how likely that is to be the case.

If I had to vote right now I lean slightly towards wanting to vote the Starfire slot, but i'd be interested in hearing the worst's thoughts before committing to a decision here.

ADHD
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:57 am

Post by the worst »

you two are in accord so whichever of you is town is going to need to evaluate the other pretty closely here please. I'm not above losing mafia games, and I'm aware replacing into f3 my agency is pretty limited. I can show y'all my perspective, but I'm pretty good at arguing so you should be taking everything I say with a grain of salt anyway. But I'm very competitive and don't *like* losing, so I will sleep much better if both of you could take a step back and check your reads on each other a bit closer.

If anyone is around to jam while I catch up, shout out. If you'd like me to poke some holes in your cases, let me know. Broadly speaking I think this is less helpful than me just finding scum tbh.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1292, the worst wrote: you two are in accord so whichever of you is town is going to need to evaluate the other pretty closely here please. I'm not above losing mafia games, and I'm aware replacing into f3 my agency is pretty limited. I can show y'all my perspective, but I'm pretty good at arguing so you should be taking everything I say with a grain of salt anyway. But I'm very competitive and don't *like* losing, so I will sleep much better if both of you could take a step back and check your reads on each other a bit closer.

If anyone is around to jam while I catch up, shout out. If you'd like me to poke some holes in your cases, let me know. Broadly speaking I think this is less helpful than me just finding scum tbh.
To be clear I do still have my doubts on the Ender slot, an accurate description of how I feel right now would be split if we're being honest. I'll give this game another look when I have time though

ADHD
ender
ender
He/Him
Townie
ender
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by ender »

And here's my take on interactions and interesting points in the Smiley and Delta's slot ISO's.

Day 1
1. for the most part there isn't too much to comment on in Smiley's early Day1.
2. his first interaction with the delta slot is Jason leaning town on him
3. in his read lists Smiley doesn't mention Jason
4. Smiley is sick for a good portion of Day 1 so there isn't that much content, but it is notable that there is no direct interaction between the two at all.
5. Smiley does say () that between PC/Koba/Jason, he leans scum on PC and then Jason, which could be an attempt at distancing. ultimately votes Maduisha as second on the wagon (though it never gets counted due to mod error)

Day 2
1. Initially suspects the Starfire slot based on the NK, and places his vote on Starfire.
2. says he needs to iso Alianna's slot
3. says he's consistently felt town vibes from Koba
4. interacts with Starfire over the PC NK regarding whether it made sense for scum!Koba
5. comments on lack of activity
6. posts a read list, i'm near the top, delta and starfire and at the bottom
7. asks iavh for his thoughts
8. doesn't want to speculate on mod error
9. Delta posts his long stream of consciousness post, Smiley is second from top/town after (after delta himself, all of the flipped/confirmed town slots, and myself). He says Smiley is on his radar for how he initially reacted to Mikhail's claim, and later calls his posts fence-sitty. He also points out Smiley's overall light content up to that point. Aside from that mention, he doesn't bring up Smiley again.
10. After the Delta/Koba interaction from Day 2 goes for a bit, Smiley asks Koba about his thoughts about Starfire's actions being scum motivated
11. wants to pursue starfire but is willing to compromise on Delta
12. changes vote from starfire to Delta. This also feels protown. I don't see scum!Smiley being the E-1 vote on his partner with that much time left in the day. No, delta wasn't his first choice it feels protown to be willing to set aside your top suspicion when you don't think you have time to push for their elim. Given how townie Smiley was looking I don't think he would need to go for town cred from bussing. So I don't see scum motivation in his vote here.
13. Delta accuses Smiley of sheeping Koba's vote
14. Delta softly suspects Smiley in post and says a few times in other following posts that Smiley's vote on him is just sheeping Koba.
15. Smiley responds to that in and gives his reasonings for his vote.
16. Smiley asks for a prod on me
17. Smiley thinks to ask iavh about what conversation was had in the mason PT
18. Delta tries to defend himself to Smiley while continuing to push Koba
19. Some more back and forth between Smiley and Delta, and Smiley appeals to me to 'make the right choice', which of course I don't. I still don't see scum!Smiley bussing his partner this hard in that game state.

Day 3
1. Initially assumes it's Delta/me, tries to organize an elim of me with iavh
2. Steps back to hear me out
3. we go back and forth a little bit and at this point i see it as protown that he was willing to talk to me despite disliking my hammer
4. Then Delta did his thing
5. Smiley agreed with iavh and I that the counter claim was scummy and ultimately hammered.

In summary, most of the interaction was on Day 2, and as I stated in my stream of consciousness above, knowing Delta's alignment, Smiley's side of the interaction feels protown.

And here we are today. I already explained why I feel like Smiley is unlikely to be Delta's partner, based on the timing and replacements, the N2 kill, and the Day 3 claim.

And I think that covers my thoughts on both remaining slots. Let me know if either of you have any questions for me, and I'm happy to discuss any concerns you have. But just to be transparent, I'm pretty much set in my intent to vote the worst when we're ready to vote.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by the worst »

overthinking mafia begins!!!

In post 32, ender wrote: why are you claiming so early?
i'm not crazy about this reaction to mikhail's claim. to sum up what i'm seeing.

disinterested responses:
  • smileydude1 reacts in post and doesn't acknowledge the mason thing.
  • starfire doesn't acknowledge the claim, responds saying it was probably a joke in . getting this one over with since only i know star's alignment: i think this is well-intended. the mikhail conversation was largely left alone until maduisha's sus in post . pushing the conversation risks players with too much information (e.g. masons) giving this information away. i think shutting it down was the right thing to do here.
  • maduisha (flipped vt) responds with vague suspicion in , then takes it at face value as a joke in .
interested responses:
  • wayward son immediately engages with the claim in a banterous way. within the scope of obvious rolefishing, this is obvious rolefishing - hindsight is 20/20, but i'm surprised wayward got away with this?
  • keria takes the post at face value & won't vote mikhail , likes ender's post. this is interested but again uninformed; keria kind of has an opinion and states it along with why he's not applying pressure.
  • ender's reaction is in ; he asserts that either mikhail is town trueclaiming, or scum rolefishing. ender leaves his vote on iavh from rvs, which indicates he isn't interested in pressuring anyone around their reactions to the claim. he doesn't show acknowledgement of the conversation about it being an rvs joke. this culminates in this quote which is, like, a very dramatic way of achieving the point that e.g. starfire/maduisha had already reached
    In post 32, ender wrote: and i'd encourage everyone to ignore this claim entirely for D1 and see how things go N1, and if anyone is a town power role that conflicts with him being mason please do not counter claim D1, because that will just ensure you're the kill N1 and we lose the benefit of your action.
    it feels kind of stilted & over-dramatic. small red flags here: i'm wary that he explicitly doesn't scumread mikhail, but also doesn't evaluate whether other players have attempted rolefishing. in particular, i'm wary that he puts this much effort into breaking down the claim but (1) doesn't acknowledge that half the people reacting think it's a joke, or (2) that wayward literally took the bait on the claim.
  • iamveryhappy reacts viscerally in , but this makes sense because iavh has too much information about masons. he IS a mason & knows mikhail is lying. iavh literally says in "I'm really surprised that only me and ender saw how bad MihkailTal's post 14 was". for iavh it makes sense reacting vocally, if ender were a vt i'm not really sure why he took such a significant stance without making an effort to solve anyone out of it.

to mikhail's credit, those folks sure know how to start a party.

this is pretty small & semantic, and can be within the realms of town negligence. just from a "something i'd break out of rvs for" perspective this is the first thing that jumps out at me, i'm a tiny bit more wary of ender. smiley has done literally nothing so far so like, that's just deadass null. i guess i like that he didn't acknowledge the claim. that's more of a mech preference than a reliable alignment indicator though.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by the worst »

bolding sections of this post because i'm realising this f3 is going to be a juicy one, so we gettin train-of-thought-duck

i think starfire's posting has clear town motivation.

Spoiler:
In post 45, Starfire wrote:I don't really like how iamveryhappy ramps up suspicion in a series of posts when the situation was otherwise static. What leads this from ''seems alignment indicative'' to ''vote x3 (unofficial)'' Feels like trying to build a wagon more than learning. VOTE: Iamveryhappy
to speak in defence of my predecessor again: the conversation at this point has devolved into whether or not people like the quality of mikhail's gambit. that doesn't help town find mafia.

starfire is one of very few people actually advancing the conversation about the way *individual slots* reacted to the gambit. for the record, this is an objectively good read; iavh reacted inappropriately seriously to mikhail's claim, because iavh had too much information. unfortunately that's because he was a mason, not scum, but the point stands - town wins by shifting away from the mech talk and towards sorting players into town & scum.
In post 49, iamveryhappy wrote: Yes, I am trying to build a wagon, what about it? You don't like wagons? You don't like your partner being wagoned? You want to chainsaw defense? Vote x3 is just how many times I would vote MikhalTal if I could. Maybe 4 for the hammer. So confused on what it has to do with learning :think:
iavh was very very obvious about overreacting to the claim, lol, there was absolutely something off here. keria nails it here:
In post 52, Keria wrote:
In post 50, iamveryhappy wrote: kk what makes you like it
i think scum want to push for a Mihkail lim and it seems like Starfire is kinda picking up on that too by sussing you
In post 53, Starfire wrote: Learning is important to me because I didn't start the game with knowledge about other player roles. More importantly, answer my question - why did your suspicion grow from ''seems AI more than NAI'' to ready to hammer alone if you could?
^ this is the towniest post in the game so far :( i could accept an argument that it's "LAMIST"-y i guess.
In post 54, iamveryhappy wrote: I have my reasons for voting
1. rvs
2. I don't like their play
3. no intention to solve (as demonstrated by the buys my vote thing)
4. pr fish (maybe a subcat of 2)
5. let's make this 5
this is fine for an rvs/pressure vote, but the "i would insta-hammer this slot" thing would be hella goofy from an unaligned perspective. the way starfire challenges this response in + etc. are really good because iavh *absolutely* had cognitive dissonance. we know this for a fact now. keria catches the same thing in .

---

gonna ask you both to stretch your minds back to the past if you don't mind--

@SmileyDude1, i have some questions about your initial reads

Spoiler:
In post 79, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 14, MikhailTal wrote: let's start this game with a side-game of
hot
and
cold
. every other player gets one guess as to who my mason partner is today. It'll work like Guess Who - you can either guess the name, or state an observation as fact. the extremes listed in colour earlier are as specific as i'll get but i'll tell you if your guess is colder or warmer than the previous person's.

MikhailTal's slot is a mason.
Hot
Ok, Just now seeing this and can we not pls. This is objectively an anti-town play as you either give scum information about the setup and your partner if trueclaiming, or risk outing PRs if you're fake claiming.
smiley, why did you not acknowledge the claim in your post #19 but acknowledged it when you came back after everyone was talking & arguing about it?
In post 82, SmileyDude1 wrote: Upon a quick skim I think I agree with Keria on a lot of the IAVH/Starfire interaction. I think it's reasonable for Starfire to be suspicious of IAVH's push due to logic mentioned in Keria's , but I also believe that IAVH is making a genuine push on someone they believe is playing in a scummy manner. The argument didn't move the needle on either of them for me
at this point, did you start to townread all of [keria, iavh, starfire]? do you remember suspecting anyone at this point in the game, or just handing out townreads? i'm also noting you said this about IAVH (below), but don't appear to townread him for it. do you think it makes sense for scum to be pushing someone genuinely, for something they perceive as scummy? is there a reason why you didn't consider IAVH town based on this read?
In post 82, SmileyDude1 wrote: I also believe that IAVH is making a genuine push on someone they believe is playing in a scummy manner

---

ender, quick question about your voting

Spoiler:
In post 83, ender wrote: posting to remove my rvs vote since while i read through what happened since my last post.

UNVOTE: SmileyDude1
what was your reason for unvoting here? i can see you go into placing your vote on iavh in your next post, so i'm specifically interested in why you removed your vote from smileydude1 (who was under no pressure of being eliminated prematurely)
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 1296, the worst wrote: -SNIP-
gonna ask you both to stretch your minds back to the past if you don't mind--

@SmileyDude1, i have some questions about your initial reads

In post 79, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 14, MikhailTal wrote: let's start this game with a side-game of
hot
and
cold
. every other player gets one guess as to who my mason partner is today. It'll work like Guess Who - you can either guess the name, or state an observation as fact. the extremes listed in colour earlier are as specific as i'll get but i'll tell you if your guess is colder or warmer than the previous person's.

MikhailTal's slot is a mason.
Hot
Ok, Just now seeing this and can we not pls. This is objectively an anti-town play as you either give scum information about the setup and your partner if trueclaiming, or risk outing PRs if you're fake claiming.
smiley, why did you not acknowledge the claim in your post #19 but acknowledged it when you came back after everyone was talking & arguing about it?
In post 82, SmileyDude1 wrote: Upon a quick skim I think I agree with Keria on a lot of the IAVH/Starfire interaction. I think it's reasonable for Starfire to be suspicious of IAVH's push due to logic mentioned in Keria's , but I also believe that IAVH is making a genuine push on someone they believe is playing in a scummy manner. The argument didn't move the needle on either of them for me
at this point, did you start to townread all of [keria, iavh, starfire]? do you remember suspecting anyone at this point in the game, or just handing out townreads? i'm also noting you said this about IAVH (below), but don't appear to townread him for it. do you think it makes sense for scum to be pushing someone genuinely, for something they perceive as scummy? is there a reason why you didn't consider IAVH town based on this read?
In post 82, SmileyDude1 wrote: I also believe that IAVH is making a genuine push on someone they believe is playing in a scummy manner
-SNIP-
Just woke up from a late nap so I have a bit of time to respond ( though it's post-midnight where I am and I do still have work in the morning so i'll likely call it after this post)

To answer your first question, I think if I'm remembering correctly I had woken up to the game thread opening and wanted to introduce myself while I was getting ready for work (I usually work from 8-3 during weekdays), so I posted my RVS and then left to get ready. I had only noticed the post after I had reread the game after my shift.

To answer your other question, I was starting to townread Keria at this point, though I was null on the Starfire/Happy slots at this point because of their being stated pro-town and pro-scum reasonings for their position that I had trouble parsing early on. Up to this point I don't remember suspecting anyone specifically , though I think at this point at least I was trying to go about solving the game by finding town since I was struggling to identify behavior that clearly pinged me as scummy (as you'll later find out I had trouble gaining traction day 1).

As for Happy, while I felt that their push was warranted based on what Mikhail did, I had also had context of Mikhail's playstyle from reading Newbie 2127 in which that slot got pushed out day 1. Given that part of Starfire's early reasoning for scumreading the Happy slot was that scum were going for an easy push, I'd felt weary of giving a townread towards the slot

ADHD
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 92, ender wrote: so imo town!everyone should set aside his horrible decision to claim for D1 and we can revisit tomorrow if needed. by going so hard against Tal, all i see is scum motivation from you. that's the reason for my vote.
i like this post from ender. it doesn't advance the game necessarily but it's closer to what i'm seeing in iavh & closer to what i think my slot was seeing.
In post 101, Political Clout wrote: This feels like an EXTREMELY weird scum read to me. If anything because happy is changing his mind here it indicates town behavior that he is trying to sus out, push, and figure out what mikhail's alignment is. It looks like he is going back rereading and changing his reads. The only players who like things to remain static are scum sided in my opinion. And in my opinion is deserving of a vote.
just noting i like this retalion against star's scumread on iavh; i think star was right to push the game somewhere other than mikhail (because it's like, mechanical and boring) but the counter-argument is rad
In post 103, humaneatingmonkey wrote: [vote count 1.1]

iamveryhappy
(2): Wayward Son, Starfire
MikhailTal
(2): iamveryhappy, Maduisha
Wayward Son
(1): Keria
Maduisha
(1): SmileyDude1
Starfire
(1): Political Clout
Not Voting
(2): MikhailTal, ender
this isn't particularly compelling, but please consider if wayward son & starfire are the scumteam, starfire has chosen to hard push someone who her partner has voted before flaking (until #); this is pretty ugly if iavh does successfully turn the tide against those pushing him.

i don't have much else to add here; scum is either voting maduisha from rvs (if it's smileydude1), or has pushed but then unvoted iavh for stated reasons (if ender).
In post 116, ender wrote: I just don't know why it's difficult to understand. We shouldn't eliminate tal day one solely based on his claim. We should force mafia to nk him if they want him gone instead of doing their work for them. Then day two if he is mafia and was lying, then that means we have power roles that can counter him. But they just shouldn't do that today because they'd get nk'd and lose their action.
ok to an extent i believe this; insofar as ender is either town who meant well, or scum who genuinely perceives this as a towny play. this is erring back towards mechanics and away from reads so my read on ender is kinda like, approaching null

i need wayward's slot filled to get interactions :(
In post 119, ender wrote: because iavh is currently acting in a way that has scum motivation, in my eyes, regardless of tal's alignment. i see more anti-town motivation behind iavh's actions than pro-town motivation so far. that's why i voted him and intend to re-vote him (when the vote count is confirmed and corrected) unless new information comes forth or he starts acting in a way that i see to be protown instead.

but don't construe that to mean that "no matter what happy does he is condemned". no one is condemned yet. i am always open to new information coming out. i am always open to having a discussion and seeing if my opinion can be swayed back. tunneling people is never helpful. keep in mind the day just started, there is still over a week left for us to figure as much out as we can, and i don't intend to only look at iavh during that time. but he is currently my biggest suspect at the moment.
i'm so sorry if this sounds rude ender but dang this is a long, sticky way of not saying anything :sob:

actually really enjoying the back & forth between ender and PC. again like there's nothing clearing and magical in here but ender holds his own against the questioning well.
In post 125, iamveryhappy wrote: I'd advise you to read again- from that you should get the gist of it, if not, I'm giving you two words. Skill issue
... this might be a postgame thing but i'm trying to work out if iavh is attempting to be condescending in a newbie game because his scum suspect didn't pick up him softing mason on like page 2 of the game

getting back to this in a sec.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1297, SmileyDude1 wrote: (as you'll later find out I had trouble gaining traction day 1).

As for Happy, while I felt that their push was warranted based on what Mikhail did, I had also had context of Mikhail's playstyle from reading Newbie 2127 in which that slot got pushed out day 1. Given that part of Starfire's early reasoning for scumreading the Happy slot was that scum were going for an easy push, I'd felt weary of giving a townread towards the slot
having difficulty finding traction is valid (i really haven't got my teeth sunk into this game yet) :lol:

i see what you mean about iavh. i guess what i'm curious about is, like, specifically the way you mentioned that he felt genuine. i feel like there's a pretty big difference between your actions being warranted/appropriate, and your actions seeming genuine, if that makes sense? like, town and scum can equally take a path which is fair & warranted. but it's pretty close to impossible for scum to be genuine when they're pushing someone else pretending that they're scum.

given you referred to iavh as feeling genuine there, i guess i'm wondering to what extent you think he was being truthful & why that didn't play into your read on his alignment?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”