2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Best game as town or scum?
New to site, came in at behest of Hayker, but have experience with mafia adjacent games
Nicknames?
2nd will do if you wanna shorten it
How is your activity going to be this game?
probably 1-3 visits a day depending on work schedule hours can vary wildly especially nowadays
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:18 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Would agree with Ben's assessment of awkwardness being newbish as I also still kinda feel it when posting. Unsure how much I trust people who immediately run to act the VI though.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:19 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 297, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 295, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I usually start by townhunting because scum tends to try to mask themselves whereas town can be easier to read on day 1.
Yeah this is how people should approach games. Scum are going to try and deceive you but town will townslip because they are just town.
From my PoV You, LM, NPOM would seem to be doing this which makes me think townlean.
El and Gamma are hard for me to pin as anything rn as I don't quite understand the actions.
others I've not really seen enough from(not that I'm one to talk in that department)

VOTE: Alchemist21
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:04 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 301, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 299, 2ndchosen1 wrote:VOTE: Alchemist21
I'm extremely curious about this vote.
Initially he read to me as someone putting in activity without much info coming out of him and I'm rather comfortable sitting on said vote for now.
In post 354, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Gamma/Alchemist/Hayker] lean more towards scum to varying levels of confidence.
Why do you think Hayker is scum?
This feels defensive and off especially as quote below is same post
In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Hayker seems more intent on justifying their actions then in actually following through with their actions (I can explain this more if needed).
As for Kazyan, don't let them Ryan you. if you are town, maybe they have motivation to shoot down your posts and frustrate you.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:44 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 372, Papa Zito wrote: Actual question - You feel Alchemist is a worse offender of "activity without info" than anyone else in the game?
I mean what I initially saw was someone seemingly active, then dropping off enough to be prodded. it was more just to see what happened.
rn I'm more comfortable keeping the vote there due to the interaction with Dann. it wasn't an ask for elaboration just a "but why" when the basic reasoning was in the post.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:28 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 378, Alchemist21 wrote: I didn’t see his reason for Hayker. I saw his reason for Gamma and would have asked about it if I hadn’t.

How are you getting “defensive” from that post as opposed to “he didn’t see that part?”
well if it wasn't defensive then at best it was unhelpful. you're both not parsing the only only confirmed town's thoughts and just making noise.
it also wasn't that hard of a post to read.
In post 383, Papa Zito wrote: Which interaction with Dann are you referring to here?
Him asking Dann a redundant question/noise

but in hindsight, that may be all I'm doing right now so I will no longer dwell on it.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:20 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

@Alchemist
I suppose it could be that you missed some text in the post, that is possible. I'm not gonna pretend to be perfect; I could accidently do the same. Would you share your current read on Elements, Kazyan, and I?

@Ben
I initially was looking at Alchemist as someone who was active but not really helping town get info, he then slid to a point where he had to be prodded to continue(which didn't mean much to me then or now). Afterwards, it seemed to me that he continued by asking questions that would have already been answered in a post by Dann, specifically post where he talks about Hayker specifically. He went on to ask a question that I saw as answered by the post and to me it seemed like noise and/or defensiveness

@Gamma
hide the pain harold is a treasure, but why is the question about derp is worth asking when it doesn't really help to town or scum hunt?

@Kazyan
I looked through and Alchemist did do the sheep accusation before your explanation on in so I don't think reasoning in point 1 fully stands
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

@Elements, could you explain your read/vote on Alchemist earlier?
This seemed to occur after Dannflor did and right now, I can only see it as a more subtle version of Kazyan's IC sheeping onto a potential wagon rn.
earlier you even had this
In post 260, Elements wrote:I like Alchemist and Gamma
What caused the change specifically? you don't seem to so much as acknowledge Alchemist's presence until the "wagon" started forming with Dann

I understand if my light activity comes off as scummy but I'd like to think the actions I do help.
but to not help my case, will probably be off till tomorrow night, have a happy new year all!
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:34 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I'm awake mod, I swear

Whether Ben was hiding AND not interested or just not interested is still a bit iffy to me. I have to admit that LM has a point on the aggressiveness, Agar comes in and seems to immediately know exactly who is best to Wagon pointing to some posts that don't entirely give scum indictative to me on D1. While I'll acknowledge some of the reads seem to fit for me, like hayker. Others seem off to me, like GE and Kazyan.

Could you expand on those reads? I acknowledge they are your D1 reads and subject to change but I'm wondering what got you to such a list.

I'm looking forward to the promised hayker expansion too.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:22 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

yeah sorry that wasnt clear LM
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:15 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I feel the argument was hardly wayward, but I just...don't like that penguin and elements both jumped on that wagon so quickly together.

why should I think that this doctor call is even legit hayker?
I'd like to hear Penguin's and Element's reasoning or if it's just sheeping Agar?

there is 1 day as of this morning remaining. I've intent to hammer tonight at midnight if elements and penguin can provide said adequate explanation or if hayker doesn't provide one
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I'll wait for PZ's thoughts, I'd like to hear them. If possible, I'll also wait on Kazyan.
In post 747, Hayker wrote:A town doctor and a town machocop in the same game? Are you kidding me? I sincerely doubt such a setup would get cleared these days on this site. A town doc/cop combo can be powerful enough as is. I hammered for the obvious lie it was. How was I to expect it was a bad townie lie.
This is where I'm going to wish I had more experience on the site. How are power roles generally distributed? is the Macho cop/doctor combo to strong for most minis? I realize it's a closed setup but I'm unsure how the site balances. These questions are for Dann since he's only one that can give me a guaranteed town view.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I get what Macho means, I'm just generally unsure on how many power roles go in a game.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

It still doesn't help with the "misread" and I'm going to continue to wait for as much info as I can look at to come out.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:07 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 794, Kazyan wrote:
In post 790, HeWhoSwims wrote:Idk. Maybe I believe too much in the good side of people or whatever but it would seem outlandish to me to fakeclaim a full doctor of all roles, place the hammer, defend the claim up and down and especially in a game where we already have 3PRs on the table right now -- would scum dare to do that? Would it be worth it to ask a possible other protective to "counterclaim", seeing if we have a doc its out on the table already, or is that incredibly dumb?
What? Hayker made that claim
before
three confirmed power roles happened. He's holding onto the claim because backpedaling would just be confirmation that he lied and is Mafia. It seems pretty straightforward to me.
Lying about your role seems like a thing Kazyan(Alch's claim of cop) so the significance is he's maintaining the claim despite it...i think
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:01 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I was trying to explain what I thought HWS's logic was. Hayker is holding to a claim of Doctor despite other a JOAT and BP role having been revealed. Now this would be a pretty outlandish thing for him to claim, scum would realize it was outlandish. So is he town or scum because of this? in short, WIFOM. I'd like to hear more from HWS though.
In post 813, NoPowerOverMe wrote:FOS: Papa Zito
could you elaborate about what specifically you think is FOS worthy of PZ's analysis? you and LM seem to have issues with it
In post 816, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm upset about the veggies on the pizza.
there's veggies on that pizza? I only see some green pepper
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:46 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Holy Content Batman! Lot to read
Ok, I'm going to go over any thoughts/concerns I have with any reads, maybe ask questions.

PZ

is of particular interest of me as LM does seem to repeatedly do this, I see several posts attack odd people today, seems like an attempt at discrediting Dann's reads, just feels of blaming someone for not immediately having consensus and makes me feel off as town can't be sure who's who. against PZ is a complete dismissal of his analysis where i feel points given are accurate to a decent degree. against Gamma in particular seems like an unreasonable attack to me. Of note is he does this while pushing the Hayker vote silently almost as if scum trying to make the day go by as fast as possible.
In post 805, Papa Zito wrote:I can't get anything else from the Elements vote (260) The self-imposed vote restriction is extremely aggravating.
I disagree, his supposed "I'm going to vote everyone once D1" didn't really happen, He didn't vote several people, including me. obfuscation of intent?

I do think not rushing this day has at least helped us so that we can come back again similar to D1. This and pushing the IC to interact with him later gives me a Townlean on PZ.

Dann

Thank you for the well thought out argument on the game setup, it helps me solidify some of my thoughts. Though I find the WIFOM from PZ to be Okish as he was unaware of you as an enabler at the time.

Your read on HWS seems similar to mine you pointed out the framing of hayker, but in addition it appears to role fish to try and ask other town to counterclaim to give mafia good shots to make.

hayker did TMI read on PZ? as in to much information to sort? I still find player meta stuff to be icky. either way, Hayker's "casing" of PZ hardly changes my opinion on both of them.

unwnd

While I like the consideration of the scum agenda I see no reason why you didn't cover Hayker's 3rd potential agenda, however unlikely it may be.

Is gamma's response or lack thereof in line with what you read on them?

Kazyan

you haven't addressed and continue to avoid answering that. can you respond?

has your read on GE and LM progressed at all since? you can wait to answer for after the potential elaboration post

A general list of my reads I've compiled
Dann
_Town _ Mod announcement
PZ
_ Townlean/??? _ D2 info delay + providing info + reads that seem accurate, if a bit WIFOMy
unwnd/NPOM
_ Townlean/??? _ Both provide info by provoking town into engagement, unwnd asking Kazyan to not necessarily rethink the Hayker vote but to be sure and examine the situation carefully.
Kazyan
_ ???/Townlean _ consistant explanation of motivation + thought out read on GE & LM - vote on hayker and be done with day = townlean
Gamma
_ ??? _ Again, I can't get enough here, the recent pop-in seems more a result of the prod and I wouldn't make it negative, looking forward to elaboration post.
Elements
_ ???/Scumlean _ When he does post it doesn't feel like it contributes much, purposely tries to obscure voting intentions.
LM
_ Scumlean/??? _ PZ points out correctly that he attacks random people for reasons I see as flimsy. Has attacked PZ,Gamma, HWS, NPOM/unwnd, as for ELI5? making a huff about being discredited earlier only makes it stand out more to me.
HWS
_ Scumlean/??? _ Leans on player meta to defend hayker. Crappy role fishing. General Non-Participation(not just activity, but also content).
Hayker
_ ScumHeavylean _ I don't care about KH mafia, I feel it's pretty easy to change gameplay even minutely, this game is currently more important.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

ahh I took it as "here look at this entire game from 10 years ago" TMI. no way am I sorting through a whole other game
In post 913, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 911, 2ndchosen1 wrote:
HWS
_ Scumlean/??? _ Leans on player meta to defend hayker. Crappy role fishing. General Non-Participation(not just activity, but also content).
This is in reference to correct?
correct. that is where I am getting that read
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:25 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Apologies Kazyan, I read that grievances in unwnds and assumed you would immediately realize I was trying to talk about the issue of trying to pass the day quickly by just booting hayker and moving on.
I more was thinking on evaluation of the initial attempt to rush the wagon. Would scum have immediately jumped on that wagon to pass the day quickly and prevent analysis? That seems credible to me. Which would lead me to believe there's at least one in this bunch. GE, NPOM, Kazyan, LM. I would like to hear your thoughts on this Kazyan.
In post 940, northsidegal wrote: how confident are you on NPOM / agar? his is the main slot i'm flip flopping on, all the others are at least approaching one direction or the other. i feel as though NPOM was immediately and obviously way more anxious in another scum game that i looked at (although that was his only one), and as the kids say i have ~reasons~ to think he might be town, but even still there's a residual doubt.

i think i agree with you more than i disagree with you so far, although maybe not to a huge degree. both kazyan and lunar are really the only ones on the town side for me, with gamma and elements being scumreads.
could you elaborate on which posts suggest NPOM was anxious?
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I was hoping for more from NSG as I still had a Scumlean on HWS and more interaction may have changed that. we'll see for D3. Considering the amount of replacement and apparant apathy on amount of prods. I will consider that most people have said their piece.

Intent to Hammer later tonight unless significant conversation starts.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

@Dann, According to the wiki there is a Normal variant of Serial Killer. so possible?
In post 1114, unwnd wrote:Your first post indicates extensive experience with him, yet you remained kinda passive towards his claim and everything else going on. Why?
While my demeanor is certainly passive I don't necessarily see how my play has been. D1, I was the first vote on Alch, due to him not fully reading one of Dann's posts where he asked dann a question. Afterwards, I was immediately concerned about D1 call of Doctor but didn't move my vote as you don't vote doc. That bit of hesitance moved over onto D2 due to a Dann rebuke. In addition, I thought it might be beneficial to try and hear out what people would say about the what ifs as it could lead to other thought processes. I also find it strange that the self hammer came as I announced intent to hammer and not on the other E-1s and am trying to think of why.
In post 1135, Kazyan wrote:2ndchosen1's posts look really safe and inoffensive to me--even when he disagrees with someone, the points are more the vein of providing nuance/completeness than 'you are wrong because of reasons'. This makes me think he might be the jailkeeper laying low.
As for "Nuance" I'm not doing IIoA as I do list my conclusions and reasonings in my posts. As for completeness, I would rather hear someone's thoughts to completion as to make a better judgement and as such provide what I think to completion as much as I can in my posts, to the point that I quote or put post number so that my posts are easier to context in ISO, especially since I'm not regularly on. Considering the lack of questions on my stuff until now, I'd like to think I accomplish that.
as for not pushing stuff see below
In post 1131, northsidegal wrote: i would like to hear people's thoughts on the merits of a massclaim today
HWS also wanted to try and role fish, but this has me super uncomfortable and again the only reasoning I see for this is help Mafia target their Night Kills, especially as Kazyan pointed out, mass role claiming wouldn't exactly help right now.
In post 1142, northsidegal wrote:i wouldn't just throw some plan to benefit scum out with no reasoning and then back down the instant someone says "i disagree". i think that my progression there really only makes sense as genuine, and my lack of elaboration was deliberate.
But that's what you did? The immediate call and dismissal of the idea when one person shot it down. There was vague reasoning in the post, and I don't think getting kazyan to disagree with you on that is enough.

HWS/NSG Scumread - calls for role fishing on HWS and nsg now, NSG even said I'm "pocketing" by simply providing analysis in which seems a subtle way of buddying town.
Elements Scumread - Odd interactions with Hayker, purposely tries to obscure voting intentions,
LM Scumread - Oddly certain of his reads despite being wrong on 2/3 in , immediately jumps on NSG train based on reads alone in trying to insert credibility to inactive member?

VOTE: northsidegal
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:09 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1182, Elements wrote:
In post 792, HeWhoSwims wrote:Duh.
You know what I meant, I hope. But I have my questions. I don't know Hayker at all so maybe his meta is to do this shit, but it seems like a too convoluted plan to eliminate him right away.
I think this has been swept under the rug
In post 1165, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1153, 2ndchosen1 wrote:HWS/NSG Scumread - calls for role fishing on HWS and nsg now, NSG even said I'm "pocketing" by simply providing analysis in 1022 which seems a subtle way of buddying town.
What does the fact that I was thinking along the same lines as NSG and NSG's explanation about the 2nd half of this do to this read, 2ndchosen?
It has me thinking I might be doing the same thing there I originally did to Alchemist. I find what I think is a tell and tunnel on it a bit to much. It still isn't enough for me to feel off on that mark at the moment as "~reasons~ to townread NPOM/unwnd" feel like a LAMIST PR. The interactions between Elements and NSG seem both hostile but with nothing happening between them, almost feels like a show. The HWS dialogue above that elements brings up does bring up that the slot itself is iffy. nsg also seems upset that I have grievances about who was in the slot earlier when most the reads done on NPOM/unwnd come from the NPOM side. While the call on "I'm not bad at this game so my actions aren't scummy" hits my thoughts on Hanlon's razor. Sometimes it is just malice, it cost very little to make that call and then backup and go "lol jk that would be a terrible scum move" and nonetheless IC is potentially calling for it.
Overall, I'm not willing to drop the read entirely yet, but it does have me concerned of falling on Occam's razor and has me looking at the townread people such as Kazyan and NPOM/unwnd again.
In post 1174, unwnd wrote:I really believe in the timing and necessity of posts. I'm very much a player who is trying to figure out the gamestate instead of individual tells, even if I use them for a foundation. This is just the way I prefer to play the game. I'm always considering what is happening in front of me, but it only means so much. This is why I posed the questions I did and approached the game in the matter I have when I replaced, because such reads are only of value in the split second it's created. Let me explain: I believe that we're not immutable people. I believe it is not inherently scummy to change your mind. It all requires intent, and some kind of specificity. I'm not really satisfied in just saying 'this guy is scum', I want to pinpoint the exact instance of what you were thinking, why you did it, and how you did it. That basically just breaks down what makes this game fun for me and you can read that part however you want.
In post 1176, unwnd wrote:2ndchosen, do you consider yourself not very good at having raw interactions with people? A lot of your posts seem very isolated and not really tuned into what's happening in front of you.
If by raw you mean engaging at an emotional level. Certainly in a mafia game without voice chat. I try to come at stuff by thinking of motive and what would be optimal or near optimal play FMPOV. I also can only be on so many times a day of which I spend most reading. I don't see how this questioning on my playstyle helps.
In post 327, Papa Zito wrote:!!!!!!!!!! BEGIN PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!

PLAYSTYLE DISCUSSIONS DO NOT FIND SCUM

THIS GAME IS ENDLESSLY DEBATING PLAYSTYLE NONSENSE

LET'S FOCUS ON MESSAGE AND INTENT INSTEAD

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

!!!!!!!!!! END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!
As much as your post claim to be looking at game state, I don't see much in that info coming forth from you. I see only an almost emotional based reading. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to how the game state reads to you and why. What would cause Dann be spared? What are your takes on GE and PZ's deaths? Is the general Role call worthwhile and why? Do the interactions between NSG and Elements read as TvT, TvS, SvT or SvS and why? I see Dann's evaluation on Agar as potentially correct, what do you make of it?
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1154, northsidegal wrote:considering the fact that i was not in the game at the time of 536, implying that that comment was me saying that you're pocketing me seems incredibly silly.
In post 1154, northsidegal wrote:this is an either incredibly mistaken or incredibly dishonest reading of what i said in 1022. i said that a post like 536 was "the perfect way to pocket me because..." as a way of saying that i really like that style of post.
My logic was you came in and basically said "this style of post is what I like" which as I said back then felt like a subtle way of buddying up to town. Now maybe it wasn't to overt. I also have the major concern of rolecall from you and HWS, which you've addressed but not really answered me satisfactorily. I don't have a quote from you but for the slot to ask for rolecall from both players yesterday and today felt legitimately weird and your hostile attitude towards the line of questioning makes me want to push it harder. So, I'll ask you a question. What benefit would a mass rolecall have had towards the town as of when you called for it and why?

@Dann, I'll try and get to it tonight or first thing in the morn
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I'm gonna do a quick one before bed. some are conditional on how the questions I asked are answered

Kazyan is the strongest read for Town I've got. We've got similar reads in . I generally like his reasoning and thought layout. Motives seem solid and explained. I would like to know what he sees in that it's living in his head.
LM is who I'm almost reading as potential vig as it seems that his sus reads seem to end up on the kill list next day. (PZ/GE - D2, D1 - Penguin) General belligerence aside, no malicious motives I can pull. Though wishing I had more reasoning and explaination on his posts.
NPOM/unwnd is a bit contingent on how they answer my questions but history seems okay in general. Will admit NPOM was easier to read as I almost get a word salad feel here
NSG has said enough to convince me I'm maybe not looking at whole picture so I am planning on reexamining especially the nsg/elements interactions.
Elements is clearly paying attention per his "oops" but hasn't really given a stance or why on anything, many are wagoning and it's easy to see why with his confidence on attacking NPOM/unwnd.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:24 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

waiting on unwnd post on my questions, would like to hear them. otherwise will be on more tomorrow
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

@unwnd Since you look at the game state you would know there is going to be some TvT. Your vote on me affected my opinion about as much as it affected Kazyan's. There are bound to be problems in my posting no matter how well I try and articulate as I can potentially miss context or subconciously sheep or any other potential problems. This is inevitable from any game.
I do indeed want the questions answered. You say you look at game state and I'd like a game state analysis from you, which I haven't seen lately. If given this I can potentially look at your motives and if you are trying to mislead me. Here i'll even help.

Which of the Following do you see as the most likely scum team and why? I'll even make it so you're assumed town. are you unable to make these deductions without me being buddy buddy and having "raw interactions" with you? I am trying to get something out of you today and that not answering it for me only hurts my and potentially your ability to gauge each other.

Kaz/2nd
LM/2nd
Ele/2nd
NSG/2nd
LM/Kaz
Ele/Kaz
NSG/Kaz
Ele/LM
NSG/LM
NSG/Ele

Otherwise maybe I'm simply mistaken about your thought process and you mean something different by "Game State" and can clarify it. I see "Game State" analysis like looking at a chess board and seeing where pieces are and how they may wish to move. What's your take on where pieces are and where they might move?

also you can shorten the name to just 2nd if wanted
but finally
VOTE: unwnd
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1271, Kazyan wrote:
In post 1269, Elements wrote:the reason I haven't been voted off yet is both scum don't want to be on my wagon
This is a pretty spicy claim.
I don't see how that reasoning would exclude him from being scum. One could be on that wagon and playing distance. I don't think they'd pull Haykers at this point, so they aren't gonna vote themselves out.
In post 1281, Elements wrote:nsg, if you want to move the wagon off me an onto Kazyan I will join you
foams

In post 1274, northsidegal wrote:then why do you believe what you do / why is your vote still where it is
Maybe Kazyan is simply not as informed as you? After all you've got ~reasons~ to think the way you do.

the closer to EoD this gets the more I'm thinking.
Are there merits of a no-elim day?
There is currently the
Dann
, Kazyan, NSG, LM, Ele, unwnd, 2nd. This is 7 people and I will also assume 2 mafia.
Here are potential Routes that will be taken tonight.

DayVoteHit/VigiShootHit
DayVoteHit/VigiShootMiss
DayVoteMiss/VigiShootHit
DayVoteMiss/VigiShootMiss
DayVoteMiss/VigiShootSkip

DayVoteHit/VigiShootHit
Picking at random there is a one-third chance of hitting scum as I am obviously precluding Dann from the pool. We are not truly doing Random selection as we each have our reads. I would maybe put our odds on DayHit at 27-40% as people are moving back and forth on reads and scum are influencing it. However, it is the best scenario as it can potentially hit an immediate WinCon with follow-up Vigi shot. I don't see this happening unless reads from town and vigi are on the ball, and we are hardly on the ball right now.

DayVoteHit/VigiShootMiss, DayVoteMiss/VigiShootHit
Down to 4 and at MElo, The most probable result if both actions occur MElo is bad place to be

DayVoteMiss/VigiShootMiss
Worst Case Scenario, We are down to 4 people and 2 are scum. I am unsure what natural actions will occur but I'm going to view this as a loss as Dayelim on scum becomes impossible. However, this is unlikely as the Vig will make their reads on the Dayvote and have hopefully a better than 40% chance to not miss but there is potential with how people are paranoiaing.

DayVoteMiss/VigiShootSkip, DayVoteSkip/VigiShootMiss
Down to 5 and 2 are scum at MElo, Vigi gets one last shot if not eliminated tonight and can pull it back to another MElo to the next day. Bad Scenario.

DayVoteMiss/VigiShootHit
A risky maneuver as it involves the Vigi making a correct read on the Day's events, but it can potentially pay as the vigi can look at wagon and

DayVoteSkip/VigiShootSkip(or JKBlocked)
We lose potential Elims, and are down to 6, with 2 scum remaining. that is a 6 with 2 scum, even with a proper Elim, that leaves 3 with 1 scum for the next day and another MElo scenario. 2 MElos are worse than one Scenario.

Having typed this out and looking at the potential I am still in favor of an Elim, but would like to hear what others think is likely.
In post 1288, unwnd wrote:
In post 1283, northsidegal wrote:UNVOTE:
Just wanted to say this is appreciated

I'm backloaded to hell right now and this game will require the most out of me compared to the other ones, so I want to curate my thoughts very carefully before I give it more attention
btw unwnd, I see this as game state analysis, I've shown you some of mine, now show me some of yours. and it best be tomorrow.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Getting late and I am tired, accidently did DayVoteMiss/VigiShootHit twice
My main point for potentially forcing the Dayvote and getting this situation being that it leaves us at 4 remaining 1 scum and MElo, but Vigi has a bit more of a picture if a vote goes off
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (isolation #29) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1323, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1319, Dannflor wrote:I'm not a huge fan of #1307

like at all
it's classic iioa and despite bringing up two posts from two people in a somewhat critical manner he dodges really giving any reads, which is pretty important giving how little time we have

earlier when i unvoted elements i was considering kaz first given he's the commonality in kaz/elements and kaz/2nd, but then i re-metad elements
yeah, I pretty much said as much in the post. At this point I'm just trying to pull any kind of tell I can, like aggressive jumping on what would be a bad suggestion. is it not something you have done?
In post 1373, Elements wrote:
In post 1372, Kazyan wrote: I like the cool-story-bro about what I was thinking, but this is another case of brains working differently. Given a situation where I have to defend a point textually, I tend to concede in a very non-internet-argument way, which was what happened there. (I had to reconsider my reads a lot over these past few pages, though, obviously.
Even when it's your scumread you're arguing with?
Death Tunnels are bad mkay?

Current Reads are
Dann - durr
Kazyan - actually listening to the person he scumread, still comes to mind. Favorable history of interactions.
Ele - Generally strung up for iffy behavior but recent interactions have me looking upon him more favorably. Especially his questioning of Kazyan to believe him, I don't see why scum wouldn't try and take that and run at least a little. in particular convinces me of this, there are only two options.
LM - Sees no problem with current situation and wants to coast in the Ele elim. This is despite pushing bad(but failed) elims earlier and yet still building consensus on reads.
unwnd - still hasn't answered my questions, and appears to be dancing to avoid them. I would like to see a reads list here. I don't necessarily like the calm of Dann/unwnd/nsg. Two people who are comfortable together making good with the IC makes me wary.
NSG - unsure if death tunneling on Ele or if opportunistic crusade. has ~reasons~ for thinking the way she does. Between Ele interaction with Kazyan, I am now looking back on the interaction with Hayker as a Mafia targeting a random town to spread confusion.
VOTE: NorthSideGal
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I see what you're getting at that even as quick as 641 on that Elements ISO he has a read and reasoning, whereas here we've nothing of the sort.
I guess my main issue is that I'm unsure how reliable player meta really is, especially when I don't know the players.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1353, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1351, unwnd wrote:It's not a thought I want to paranoia myself into consdering this point until a few things happen. I could also maybe see Kazyan/NSG in that position as well which is why I asked you more about your confidence in NSG read
I'm not really considering NSG at all at this point
I didn't really see a why beyond the solo solving sessions and meta in . I partially dismissed the meta as it wasn't enough for me to interact with and the solo sessions are a definitely a point in favor of NSG.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1388, unwnd wrote:There's also a readslist from me quoted by LM above your post
Ok, I see it and it's a fair assessment. I've effectively been a mad dog lunging at things even with Alchemist.
But I would still like to see those answers on game state.
In post 1389, northsidegal wrote:see, i said that anyone who really analyzed hayker's play as regard elements would probably come out of it thinking pretty strongly one way or another, and so you might think that given my scumreading of elements i would also be pushing that as an angle for them being scum, but i haven't actually really done that. why? it's because i think that actually analyzing hayker's play in the first place—and i mean analyzing it meaningfully—is probably pretty hard. it's pretty easy to look at it and go "obviously this weirdness around elements was him talking to his partner" just as easy as it is to say "he would obviously never do this to his partner". the commonality between both of those arguments is that they're based on basically nothing except how the reader feels hayker might play, which isn't a great foundation.

deeper analyses
could be made
if, say, we went into how we think hayker personally might play scum and how he might relate to his scumbuddies, and how the scumteam might have been feeling at certain times of the game and how much they coordinated and how much was planned and so on and so forth. all of those would provide a little more of a justification for viewing hayker's play as aligned one way or another with elements, but that'd all be pretty complicated, and i don't think anyone has really done that.
I suppose I don't currently have the range to do that. I know the guy out of game but I don't know enough of the game to make inferences on what he might do. That previous thought has given me a more positive look towards meta reads.

PEDIT: In short my experience tends to be more Among Us and Town of Salem. make of that what you will, Forum posting is certainly not my forte
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I didn't think it was rude or any such nonsense. I understand it can get heated and that I can get things wrong. I probably look at all the wrong things in an attempt to get something
anything

@unwnd I suppose I do see some of it. I just don't see a solid listing
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1402, unwnd wrote:What do you mean by solid listing?
I see some of your game state analysis but it isn't enough for me to grasp onto.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1399, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1390, 2ndchosen1 wrote: okay that's fair

I suppose asking you to take my word for it meta-wise is a bit much. I was just surprised to see not even any real questioning of "how sure are you really about this" in my direction.
I was relying on you being a more experienced player as well as noting you are one of the more active. If my arguments held water you'd most likely see it. We aren't at Elo or MElo yet
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Would there be a value to hearing a Elements/LM response?
I can only maybe stay 15 more minutes, I shoulda been asleep half hour ago
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Well I'm going to head off and either check in the morning or lunch
until then UNVOTE:
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

it was

well I look at your past play meta and do see better town play. I would expect more than just "it's X" so why haven't you done that?
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (isolation #39) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:50 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1418, Elements wrote:Did you read where I related what I've done here to Open 792?
I have and am openly considering that.
In post 1386, northsidegal wrote: a lot of what i say can really be justified on elements' play this game alone. so are you really that strongly confident in your analysis of hayker's play being non-aligned with elements that it overrides everything else?
Even with that post, why should I consider your position on Kazyan when you've had such a history? His thought process seems far more open to scrutiny than yours. Just saying that you've done this stuff in another game as town isn't really enough for me. While I will consider player meta, I do not hold that players will be consistant about their play and may provide such variations as cover for future games. Simply put, it isn't the meta read from NSG alone that has my suspicion on you.
In post 1391, Kazyan wrote: Anyway, we're running out of time, and fence sitters can pick a side now.
I am going to have to do this soon.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1428, unwnd wrote:His responses are just

So milquetoast. Like they're trying really hard not to offend anyone. That's the impression I got when he unvoted me as well
My intention was to actually get a more condensed view out of you
In post 1432, Elements wrote:
Kazyan - actually listening to the person he scumread, 1027 still comes to mind. Favorable history of interactions.
What does 1027 have to do with Kazyan? and why is listening to your top scumread and agreeing with them make someone town?
I meant apologies. it was late for me when I posted that.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:10 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1458, Dannflor wrote:Obviously no one vote yet
I'm on the case.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:49 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1459, Kazyan wrote:Yeah, obviously. Quickhammers and all.

How sure are we that there are two mafia members left, though? If there's only one, then it would make some degree of sense for them to keep hunting for the vig instead of just shooting Dann and getting it over with, and it makes no sense for a two-remaining-mafia to WIFOM that when they're so close to their win condition.
First, I've looked through recent mini normals and am finding basically all have 3 mafia.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:14 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

How're you feeling on reads rn Dann? I'm going to be looking through others and probably do a small wall later tonight.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:44 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

you can't be serious about a False role suggestion in a mini normal LM.
claiming VT not that my word on that matters.

Profiles on people.
L_M profile(stuff I find notable, interactions with those alive, and with yeeted members)
D1

- D1 attack on GE, GE had a bad read on his intro and responded with what seems a sharp attack for D1 "But you can twist facts to fit whatever narrative you want if you try hard enough. Have fun with that." seems a bit much for a D1 attack.
- "pecks" NPOM for a response, NPOM replies with Ben as TR
- D1 read, Has Hayker, NPOM, and Kazyan as TR, has a "maybe" for Hayker here, Hedging bets and gaining distance? Null on Me
- "Gut feeling" Hayker is town. I too have rumblings in my stomach
- D1 TR on only Kazyan
- very touching post on Kazyan
- D1 read, Has Hakyer and Kazyan as TR, has a "probably" for Kazyan here, again? Continues Null on me, NPOM now SR
- Vote on Agar
- Explanation that Agar reads seem "backwards" and that he was "bullying" his way to town.
Most notable part of Day as Agar ends up killed NPOM/unwnd and LM both on yeet list
all "No desire to yeets" are gone, see , attempt to discredit?
- The winds are now blowing towards Hayker and Alchemist, best ensure I look like I had suspicion of both; yeah?
- prefers Alchemist to the Hayker wagon. best get the most you can out of a mafia member who is imploding.

D1 2nd's Conclusion
Oddly protective and offensive towards Hayker, pushing final wagon to Alchemist over him. aggression towards Agar, a large info source that immediately gets Killed. friendly towards Kazyan but with a "probably". Hedging bets on new player and hayker? In context of today SR on LM. "Pecks" at NPOM and Me.
SR for LM this day
Kazyan image affected by LM action

Agar hits NPOM and LM

D2
- odd attack on GE "Wouldn't Town be aware of the general feeling among the Town?" seems an odd statement to make when town doesn't know who is Town.
- Jumps on Hayker wagon with Kazyan early
- attack on NPOM for comments on IC sheeping, similar to the 745 statement to GE
- Attack on PZ for "buddying", PZ has stepped up in an attempt to put in solves in and ends up dead this night.
may illuminate on motives
gives another viewpoint
- Just a weird post in general. but is an interesting
- Attack for "distancing" NSG and Elements

D2 2nd's Conclusion
NPOM/unwnd and LM rides the Hayker boat all the way to a smooth mafia kill while attacking others and manufacturing small demerits on them throughout the day.
Hayker Hammers on my intent to hammer, and Kazyan is the E-1. Hayker's self hammer makes this an odd read. the Two other mafia had to have been on the wagon already, the only reason to self hammer is to stop discussion from continuing especially considering the HWS replacement occured here near the selfhammer. it is clearly opportunistic and could have lead to a miselim by vigi as the HWS slot was looked at unfavorably

D3
- seems almost upset/implying I'm scum since I didn't hold my position.
- Most influential post of the day to my eyes, is he happy to coast on any town that's left as all there is left is policy elim no matter which goes. interestingly Kazyan is part of the group here, and it makes the Kazyan lean harder town for me.

Final conclusion
Frankly I agree with Kazyan's reasoning on LM, but have added my own. Play has been whack not just on D3 but throughout the game.
Right now, I would lean towards Kazyan on the vig more than unwnd if only because I've had more....solid footing to grasp onto for his thoughts.

I also wanna hear Dann's take before I do anything vote related
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:51 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 173, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 146, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 137, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 134, ben dover123 wrote:Basically what I am saying is that Lunar can sometimes make these stupid posts so stuff that is stupid but not fully scummy shouldn't be treated as scummy.
If Lunar does make a scummy posts though, then there is an excuse to vote him.
I’m not looking for “excuses” to vote anyone. I feel like LM’s entrance was wack, 5 pages isn’t bad by any measure imo and he made a dumb joke. He doesn’t know how to act rn, which might be newbish or general awkwardness but the feeling when I saw it was scum with a bad entrance.
Is this just a gut read? I complained about the page count too and I could see someone deciding to be lazy and put down a dumb vote without reading anything. Is there something explainable that makes it more scummy than dummy?
It’s a vibe thing too. It just seemed a bit of conspicuous timing for him to come in like that. He posted 2 things others had posted as well, which seems like trying to fit in but not knowing how so he just emulated other people.
I feel like I might have something because the last time I had I read I felt like I do on LM on, it panned out. So I think I’m right again here.
Or the simpler explanation is that there was too much posting, a bunch of people didn't have time to read, and so we said similar things. But you can twist facts to fit whatever narrative you want if you try hard enough. Have fun with that.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
In post 251, Lunar Martian wrote:After some reflection, I believe the following people to be townsfolk: Gamma, Hayker maybe, Ben, Alchemist maybe, NoPower (although he needs to drop the "anyone who attacks the townblock is Mafia" shtick). That leaves seven people within which I'll be focusing my energy for now.
UNVOTE: Gamma
In post 315, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 272, Kazyan wrote:Pushing this early seems weird, since there wasn't really anything to push about. Wagoning on an early disruption is vaguely scummy, as I've explained in a previous post of mine. There's no reason to OMGUS if you're town.

I'm happy to give more information to the town, but I'm not sure what to say besides repeating myself.
It's not weird in the least. You're not giving any indication of your thought process here. Pointing to someone else's post and saying "yeah that" doesn't tell me what
you're
thinking. I have to sort your slot. I have to figure out if you got a green or red role PM. The only way for me to do that is to get inside your head. Currently you're doing your level best to prevent me from doing so. The pushback and hand-waving only makes me more suspicious.
In post 296, Elements wrote:ok, but which do you prefer/find easier
This entire line of questioning is noise.
This all looks like someone who is trying very hard to look like Town.
In post 1472, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1470, Dannflor wrote:I'm rather embarrassed to still be alive
Are you Mafia? How do you explain not getting nightkilled?
In post 1443, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1411, 2ndchosen1 wrote:Well I'm going to head off and either check in the morning or lunch
until then UNVOTE:
Wow I see we were really committed to that NSG vote, weren't we?

I initially didn't see how Mafia would ever want to make that play, but elements pushing back half-heartedly suggests maybe it was a chainsaw? I just don't see why.
In post 1378, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1364, unwnd wrote:My list looks like this right now even if it's 7 people

Dann
Me
Lunar
NSG
Kaz
Elements
2nd

I'm absolutely confident one of 2nd/Elements flips scum, and now it's been a case of being choosy and determining which reality feels the most true to me. I just need a bit more before I determine if I'm flipping my vote or staying on here. Would you be willing to trust my judgment (despite being wrong on Gamma) if that were the case?
Also we all basically agree on this. Assuming we are right that two of the bottom 3 are Mafia, I don't really care which two. Flip Elements and then have another look.
In post 1139, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1137, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1133, northsidegal wrote:i also think that we never
really
hammered out a truly satisfying reason for agar being killed, and with more insight now we might be able to look back and figure out a better reason. at the very least it helps to know for certain that hayker was scum.
In post 1132, Elements wrote:I think NSG makes a very good point that we should look into. Especially the bit about scum!unwnd
don't try to twist what i say for yourself.
Feels like distancing between Elements and northsidegal.
To elaborate, there's no pressure or FoS, just a "Hey I don't like you go away!". It's cheap and easy to tell someone to buzz off but with no actual pressure or analysis.
In post 1092, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1090, Dannflor wrote:Should I not be town reading you
I mean I'm Town, so in that sense you should be. But I don't think that's necessarily a good reason to think I'm Town. I'm more surprised that you don't know I'm Town because I keep saying things and then you keep agreeing. We are constantly on the same page, yet you seem to have a lot of doubt about me. Maybe it's my posting style or something.
In post 904, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 835, Dannflor wrote:I'm by no means 100% confident that Papa Zito/HeWhoSwims are scum. But they are my absolute top picks and since I'm likely to not be participating in this game anymore soon, I would like people to take a long hard look at both of them and particularly my case on them. And if we still have a vig tonight, even better.

But yes, Hayker is #1 priority.
I'll do this for you. I'm already on Papa for coasting and for discrediting me, but not really doing much else or anything to solve. I'll keep an eye on HeWhoSwims.
In post 809, Lunar Martian wrote:Nothing Papa is doing is making me confident in him being Town. That post feels like it's trying to either buddy me or draw associations between us.
In post 745, Lunar Martian wrote:Don't like Gamma playing dumb. Wouldn't Town be aware of the general feeling among the Town?
In post 785, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 784, NoPowerOverMe wrote:There's a difference between sheeping the IC and knowing that they have the best chance of having town intentions.
Don't you have Town intentions? What about your own thinking?
In post 642, Lunar Martian wrote:I think I figured something out and won't be voting for Papa today. I'd go for alchemist, and AGar is actually making sense about Hayker too. Want to see more from Hayker before I decide. For now I'll vote alchemist.
VOTE: alchemist
In post 670, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 645, Kazyan wrote:VOTE: Hayker

AGar's "screw Hayker" masterpost is convincing. I basically have no idea what Hayker's broader reads are.

Willing to switch to Alchemist at a moment's notice, though.
Dislike this.
In post 494, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 344, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Lunar Martian is also leaning town, not for being limbaity but for other reasons I'll expand on if people need them.
yes pls scumbudy.
You've repeatedly tried to buddy Dannflor with posts like this. You claimed to be masons with him but then you also joke about being scum here.

You are scum because you are coasting. This whole game you've done basically nothing. What are your thoughts on who is Mafia and Town? Why haven't you seemed to do anything to try and solve the game?
Also, most people have done some things that suggest that they're Town. You're pretty much unique in not doing so.
In post 458, Lunar Martian wrote:I want to give a list of my thoughts.
These folks are of the Town: Gamma, Hayker, Ben, Kazyan probably, Papa Zito maybe.
Elements has a fair shot of being Town.
Unsure of Alchemist, HeWhoSwims, and 2ndchosen1.
I think PenguinPower and NoPower are probably my two top picks for Mafia.
In post 401, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 386, Kazyan wrote:
In post 385, Gamma Emerald wrote:That seems understandable but there's also the sheeping issues and I feel like it's a bit excessive even then?
I'm curious where Alchemist said anything about lack of optics concern though. Alchemist, if that is correct, why do you find that scummy of Kazyan?
1) I mean, yeah. I sheeped. That happened. I'm not going to defend it, because I definitely sheeped.

2) My post confirmed your claim that I was concerned about optics. Alchemist does not buy my post's explanation that you are correct. Therefore, Alchemist does not buy that you are correct. You claim is that I was concerned about optics, so Alchemist does not buy that I was concerned about optics. This is subject to change based on whatever Alchemist tries to backpedal on.

In the future--assuming I don't get eliminated--is there something I can do to make my lines of reasoning more clear? Between the two rounds of Elements debacle and this confusion, it's apparent that I'm not great at clarity. Dannflor's earlier null read on me seems to corroborate this.
The last paragraph of this post mostly. It has little to do with the game but seems genuine including feeling genuinely frustrated in struggling to get a message across. Not only is there an indication that Kayzan wants to work with Town, but the acknowledgement of a communication issue also explains why people might misconstrue Kayzan's posts as coming from Mafia.
well my thoughts were already more positive towards Kazyan than unwnd. the post does indeed spell Vigilante, I'd call it confbias but am impressed.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:55 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

sorry bout the quote spaghetti my thoughts on them(and a link to context) are in post above it
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

One final thing I'd like to ask both Vigis though.
who was your target last night, and why? only one kill occured on NSG and she was well TRed by IC
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 173, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 146, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 137, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 134, ben dover123 wrote:Basically what I am saying is that Lunar can sometimes make these stupid posts so stuff that is stupid but not fully scummy shouldn't be treated as scummy.
If Lunar does make a scummy posts though, then there is an excuse to vote him.
I’m not looking for “excuses” to vote anyone. I feel like LM’s entrance was wack, 5 pages isn’t bad by any measure imo and he made a dumb joke. He doesn’t know how to act rn, which might be newbish or general awkwardness but the feeling when I saw it was scum with a bad entrance.
Is this just a gut read? I complained about the page count too and I could see someone deciding to be lazy and put down a dumb vote without reading anything. Is there something explainable that makes it more scummy than dummy?
It’s a vibe thing too. It just seemed a bit of conspicuous timing for him to come in like that. He posted 2 things others had posted as well, which seems like trying to fit in but not knowing how so he just emulated other people.
I feel like I might have something because the last time I had I read I felt like I do on LM on, it panned out. So I think I’m right again here.
Or the simpler explanation is that there was too much posting, a bunch of people didn't have time to read, and so we said similar things. But you can twist facts to fit whatever narrative you want if you try hard enough. Have fun with that.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
In post 251, Lunar Martian wrote:After some reflection, I believe the following people to be townsfolk: Gamma, Hayker maybe, Ben, Alchemist maybe, NoPower (although he needs to drop the "anyone who attacks the townblock is Mafia" shtick). That leaves seven people within which I'll be focusing my energy for now.
UNVOTE: Gamma
In post 315, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 272, Kazyan wrote:Pushing this early seems weird, since there wasn't really anything to push about. Wagoning on an early disruption is vaguely scummy, as I've explained in a previous post of mine. There's no reason to OMGUS if you're town.

I'm happy to give more information to the town, but I'm not sure what to say besides repeating myself.
It's not weird in the least. You're not giving any indication of your thought process here. Pointing to someone else's post and saying "yeah that" doesn't tell me what
you're
thinking. I have to sort your slot. I have to figure out if you got a green or red role PM. The only way for me to do that is to get inside your head. Currently you're doing your level best to prevent me from doing so. The pushback and hand-waving only makes me more suspicious.
In post 296, Elements wrote:ok, but which do you prefer/find easier
This entire line of questioning is noise.
This all looks like someone who is trying very hard to look like Town.
In post 1472, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1470, Dannflor wrote:I'm rather embarrassed to still be alive
Are you Mafia? How do you explain not getting nightkilled?
In post 1443, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1411, 2ndchosen1 wrote:Well I'm going to head off and either check in the morning or lunch
until then UNVOTE:
Wow I see we were really committed to that NSG vote, weren't we?

I initially didn't see how Mafia would ever want to make that play, but elements pushing back half-heartedly suggests maybe it was a chainsaw? I just don't see why.
In post 1378, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1364, unwnd wrote:My list looks like this right now even if it's 7 people

Dann
Me
Lunar
NSG
Kaz
Elements
2nd

I'm absolutely confident one of 2nd/Elements flips scum, and now it's been a case of being choosy and determining which reality feels the most true to me. I just need a bit more before I determine if I'm flipping my vote or staying on here. Would you be willing to trust my judgment (despite being wrong on Gamma) if that were the case?
Also we all basically agree on this. Assuming we are right that two of the bottom 3 are Mafia, I don't really care which two. Flip Elements and then have another look.
In post 1139, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1137, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1133, northsidegal wrote:i also think that we never
really
hammered out a truly satisfying reason for agar being killed, and with more insight now we might be able to look back and figure out a better reason. at the very least it helps to know for certain that hayker was scum.
In post 1132, Elements wrote:I think NSG makes a very good point that we should look into. Especially the bit about scum!unwnd
don't try to twist what i say for yourself.
Feels like distancing between Elements and northsidegal.
To elaborate, there's no pressure or FoS, just a "Hey I don't like you go away!". It's cheap and easy to tell someone to buzz off but with no actual pressure or analysis.
In post 1092, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1090, Dannflor wrote:Should I not be town reading you
I mean I'm Town, so in that sense you should be. But I don't think that's necessarily a good reason to think I'm Town. I'm more surprised that you don't know I'm Town because I keep saying things and then you keep agreeing. We are constantly on the same page, yet you seem to have a lot of doubt about me. Maybe it's my posting style or something.
In post 904, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 835, Dannflor wrote:I'm by no means 100% confident that Papa Zito/HeWhoSwims are scum. But they are my absolute top picks and since I'm likely to not be participating in this game anymore soon, I would like people to take a long hard look at both of them and particularly my case on them. And if we still have a vig tonight, even better.

But yes, Hayker is #1 priority.
I'll do this for you. I'm already on Papa for coasting and for discrediting me, but not really doing much else or anything to solve. I'll keep an eye on HeWhoSwims.
In post 809, Lunar Martian wrote:Nothing Papa is doing is making me confident in him being Town. That post feels like it's trying to either buddy me or draw associations between us.
In post 745, Lunar Martian wrote:Don't like Gamma playing dumb. Wouldn't Town be aware of the general feeling among the Town?
In post 785, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 784, NoPowerOverMe wrote:There's a difference between sheeping the IC and knowing that they have the best chance of having town intentions.
Don't you have Town intentions? What about your own thinking?
In post 642, Lunar Martian wrote:I think I figured something out and won't be voting for Papa today. I'd go for alchemist, and AGar is actually making sense about Hayker too. Want to see more from Hayker before I decide. For now I'll vote alchemist.
VOTE: alchemist
In post 670, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 645, Kazyan wrote:VOTE: Hayker

AGar's "screw Hayker" masterpost is convincing. I basically have no idea what Hayker's broader reads are.

Willing to switch to Alchemist at a moment's notice, though.
Dislike this.
In post 494, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 344, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Lunar Martian is also leaning town, not for being limbaity but for other reasons I'll expand on if people need them.
yes pls scumbudy.
You've repeatedly tried to buddy Dannflor with posts like this. You claimed to be masons with him but then you also joke about being scum here.

You are scum because you are coasting. This whole game you've done basically nothing. What are your thoughts on who is Mafia and Town? Why haven't you seemed to do anything to try and solve the game?
Also, most people have done some things that suggest that they're Town. You're pretty much unique in not doing so.
In post 458, Lunar Martian wrote:I want to give a list of my thoughts.
These folks are of the Town: Gamma, Hayker, Ben, Kazyan probably, Papa Zito maybe.
Elements has a fair shot of being Town.
Unsure of Alchemist, HeWhoSwims, and 2ndchosen1.
I think PenguinPower and NoPower are probably my two top picks for Mafia.
In post 401, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 386, Kazyan wrote:
In post 385, Gamma Emerald wrote:That seems understandable but there's also the sheeping issues and I feel like it's a bit excessive even then?
I'm curious where Alchemist said anything about lack of optics concern though. Alchemist, if that is correct, why do you find that scummy of Kazyan?
1) I mean, yeah. I sheeped. That happened. I'm not going to defend it, because I definitely sheeped.

2) My post confirmed your claim that I was concerned about optics. Alchemist does not buy my post's explanation that you are correct. Therefore, Alchemist does not buy that you are correct. You claim is that I was concerned about optics, so Alchemist does not buy that I was concerned about optics. This is subject to change based on whatever Alchemist tries to backpedal on.

In the future--assuming I don't get eliminated--is there something I can do to make my lines of reasoning more clear? Between the two rounds of Elements debacle and this confusion, it's apparent that I'm not great at clarity. Dannflor's earlier null read on me seems to corroborate this.
The last paragraph of this post mostly. It has little to do with the game but seems genuine including feeling genuinely frustrated in struggling to get a message across. Not only is there an indication that Kayzan wants to work with Town, but the acknowledgement of a communication issue also explains why people might misconstrue Kayzan's posts as coming from Mafia.
In post 1502, Lunar Martian wrote:Why wait to crumb until day four? I kinda think this is a SvS gambit.
I still have seen more from Kazyan then I ever got from unwnd. you can say you tried to "understand" me, but in reality you've simply dismissed everything I try and say and resisted answering anything that might have helped us actually be able to gauge each other.

I've made my case on L_M and his behavior.

Between how Kazyan and unwnd played
My position stands firm.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

again sorry for spaghetti quotes. I've no clue why it went again
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I mean, I'm gonna scour Kazyan's ISO tonight cause of the vote order thing having me super wary
but otherwise yes
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

sorry forgot I didn't post yesterday, am around.
My position is unchanged on both unwnd and kaz. again it seems like cheap attempts to discredit me. so since it's been coming
VOTE: unwnd
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

VOTE: Kazyan
gg
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

It helps to have legitimate reasons not to post. though I did dislike the "alien" stuff. way to point out I've no idea how to play town/have town motivation on the forum at all
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

helped the look of distance I s'pose
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

well you were right on that front
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

F3/F5?
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I've a hard time reading emotions in text and took a minor actual offense to those dismissals of my work. Cause I did try and build as legit of cases as I could. stuff like the casing on LM and having him part of sus under NSG, and elements was nice.

Also general mafia consensus was to bring you to the end, but we never had a concrete strategy on it, we just liked the chaos it caused i think
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (isolation #58) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

oh
thanks for the complement
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

you know I'd like to know why it didn't shift to LM and me since we were effectively soft ccing each other
oh and I'm Mafia Bulletproof Enabler
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

the Agar thing was a bit of a panic kill tho, which is why I slowly made it a position of LM def scum
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

that pressure is also something used to throw off people's game.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Frankly I don't know how my D3 behavior didn't crucify me
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:10 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 1703, Kazyan wrote:I'm just happy it's over, because these last few days have been killing me.

I apologize to the town for doing the wrongest possible thing every step of the way and getting into an Ultimate Final Battle that was doomed from the start. I guess that's why people normally start with Newbie games.
man I feel that. no idea how my text is gonna be read on emotional level and actual business keeping me generally away
thanks hayker
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:12 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I was actually also the one originally gonna cc vig, as we thought it was LM.
he had a PP sus D1 and a GE sus D2 and they both ended up dead so....
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

is that level of replacement normal?
felt like a lot of people left
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:59 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

ah, sorry Agar your reads were close and we were worried you'd get me in there pretty quick. was an immediate we need to get rid of this problem before it refines itself
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:21 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

well that was our D1 NK logic, we didn't know at the time LM would do that stuff

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”