Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #376 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

RC is freakin' town as hell.

Oddmusic and Aquanim are super scum. More on this when I get to a computer.

VOTE: Oddmusic
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #425 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@Tool - RC is using her crazy town logic.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #428 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Boonskiies »

She's always aggressive early game. She dies down later in games, but she does start off aggressive as town. Plus, if you actually read her posts...it makes sense, but you aren't quite sure why it makes sense...
Spoiler:
In post 59, RadiantCowbells wrote:So, Metal/Taly both worthy of my votes and since there's no one on Taly

VOTE: metalcyanide

In post 154, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Oddmusic

This was radiantcowbell's last post in the forum, and it does bother me a little. Expecting hard reads from a page 2 post is a little bit much don't you think

a little

a little bit much don't you think

i'll admit

haven't been as active in this game as i'd like

having trouble getting a feel for this game

You should just claim scum and save us the hassle of lynching you at this point.

In post 174, RadiantCowbells wrote:You're completely missing my point. It could come from scum but it's not something that's inherently scummy, and as music voted me and therefore considers me scum it seems improbable that their response would be so ambivalent as to whether I would be town or not.

In post 192, RadiantCowbells wrote:Damn, this game has some hella good D1 lynches.

In post 193, RadiantCowbells wrote:I wouldn't even mind an Aquinas lynch right now, and there's still Taly and Oddmusic.

Metal's looking a lot townier right now though, so there's that.

In post 199, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not going to justify anything to you.

VOTE: Aquanim

This is probably the best D1 lynch.

In post 203, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've already justified it.

There's two situations. You're either scumpartnered with Oddmusic, in which case this is a scum lynch. or you're making a ridiculous and half assed defense of him by attacking my judgement for no apparent reason, in which case you're still not helping town.

I'm happy lynching you either way.

In post 219, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh no that's what you were saying and it was ambiguous until you explicitly claimed that you didn't townread them.

Cognitive dissonance is a great thing.

In post 291, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Some of the points did not make sense.

This is why I don't bother explaining my reads; people frequently say that my points don't make sense, not because they don't make sense but either because they don't understand them or I suck at putting it into words.

There's a difference, and discrediting my reads in general because of one game where I actually did better than the town in general besides my one read on Elbirn is not justified.

It bears noting that my push in Aqua is muddled because my read on Aqua is muddled, and while #172 remains total garbage (talking to someone as if they're confirmed town while professing a null read, trying to discredit the wagon by casting me as scum)

With that last part said VOTE: RadiantCowbells. RC makes me nervous, I don't really like the push on Odd then the switch over to Aqua. I see this as the best D1 lynch right now and the flip, either way, would provide us with the most information.

This is total garbage. What info, exactly, are you planning to get from a RC flip, town or scum?

Was I busing Odd then jumped to scum to avoid a partner lynch? Did I jump to Aqua because I was distancing? This is both generic and utterly meaningless with regards to my context, who has at most 2 useful relationships that are actually 100% useless for Town!RC.

Seeing that RC is still at the top of my scum list, I thought I'd just vote against her to see if I can get info. (Also because I think her play has been manipulative to some degree.)

So basically all of my past and present scumreads just jumped on my wagon. MetalCyanide's is the scummiest, most opportunistic, and doesn't mesh with what I understood of Cyanide's position, putting him firmly back into my scumpile. Taly's is also complete trash. I'm not getting anything from Aqua right now so I'm going to go with Taly for copying Metalcyanide's shitty reasoning regarding "info" without realizing that there's really no info to be had and that rationale was bunk. Also for calling me scum, then phrasing it as an information lynch, then going back to saying that my play has been manipulative to some degree. (#)
VOTE: Taly

I'm still perfectly happy to support an Oddmusic lynch. I'd tentatively be down to lynch Cyanide, but I suspect that I'm drawn to that lynch more because I don't like being voted than having a genuine scumread on Cyanide. Aqua is just bleh right now.

In post 326, RadiantCowbells wrote:On you? you're not even necessarily a scumread, I just dislike you.

Oddmusic will happen as soon as I'm done with Taly. don't worry your pretty little head about it.

In post 414, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm actually really unhappy about Boon replacing in on a townread because if he's scum the chances are he'll never end up as a strong scumread. Ugh.

Alright Tool, I agree with all your points in general and that they don't come from "normal" town players, however the reason that I switched my votes for now is that there's the alternate explanation that Taly is just super insecure as a player (read scum or town) in one of their first games.

-Overexplaining his own actions in a way that looks like scum who have made notes of how to defend their actions as they play

Or just newb town who is really defensive about their play.
-Describing his own play in a way that looks like somebody who is not town describing a townie

Or someone with an idealized idea of what a townie is.
-Trying to disguise his reasons for backing away from the mykonian vote

239 is inconsistent as hell, no doubt about that, and way over defensive, but that might also come from newb town who doesn't know what they're doing, like most of the player's posts.
-Jumps on RC wagon (#286) when momentum starts to swing that way (to his credit, he already had RC listed as a scumread).

Yeah, and just the way this seemed motivated by the gamestate moreso than the player's reads is what caused my original jump.

Anyway, I think that if Taly is scum, it will be extremely, extremely obvious, like far moreso than it is now, later down the line. I feel like there's better things to do D1, like OddMusic.

I just want to say sorry for my behaviour on wednesday onward; I pulled 3 consecutive all nighters trying to get a bunch of work done and was in a terrible mood, and that coupled with my imperfect personality and general defensiveness over a previous game where I tunneled town for half the game caused me to be incredibly rude in a way I'm not proud of being.

Aeronaut, I was unjustifiably pissed off at you for "discrediting my reads", as you put it, which is even sadder given that you were dead right when you said that I was exaggerating to get the game going.

The whole thing was pretty shameful and unnecessary on my part and I'm sorry about it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #431 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Sure. sometime.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #533 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't know how the Boonskiies slot would have been the best kill. I have absolutely no associative tells (not that I usually do, I'm pretty good at that as scum), and as town I will become a major boon to help us in winning. I'm just a little inactive at the moment due to replacing in at the end of Day 1. I usually don't have much of a presence Day 1 anyways, as my scum hunting/reading abilities come to full effect with NKA.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #535 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

understandable. Pisskop knows there will be a time when I will become active, though, and contribute. Right now, I don't have much to add.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #612 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't get the Annie. I thought that was what Radiant's name was. Wait, am I annie? Haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #703 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 699, Metalcyanide wrote:I'
v
e been swamped all day at work I'll be on la
t
er. Quick skim I saw some questions I'll address them as best I can

Let's not fake soft claim.

VOTE: Metal

Answer the question on who I was going to vote for?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #796 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 775, Aquanim wrote:I indeed don't see why a mafia or scum SK would have to make a public kill. If pisskop is not town it will become obvious later. Not much point in lynching him today, even if him being anti-town is more plausible than I think it is.

I feel pretty good about at least one of these wagons being on scum on general principles.

Also, the fact he shot an easy mislynch should change people's thoughts that it would be a scum slot anyways.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #810 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeah! Lynching people! Ungh!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1063 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Prodgey. Catching up.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1104 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Boonskiies town!!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1167 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

did someone say L-1?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1347 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1343, pisskop wrote:
In post 1330, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 1329, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 1324, pisskop wrote:Speculation on such things isnt going to yield fruit.

We need suspects. Not what-ifs.

I still like boon, hasn't said anything and he sheeped RC

Why are either of these at all reasons to like boon?

And also, IL, you've caught up? What are your thoughts? Id still like to lynch you.

WTF?! LOL, and he's voting me?

VOTE: Metal

Blatant, obvious contradicion? I must be missing something here.

Granted, I understand he probably means he still likes the idea of lynching me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1350 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

This is Obv TownBoon. Just saying. I'm super active as scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1352 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

that's no fun...

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1355 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeah, I'm usually super active. I have different levels of activities. I replaced into this game, remember that. I would have probably been really active if I started in the beginning. There's also games where I don't post as much. I just haven't figured out how to insert myself. When I do, you'll know. When I legitimately gain a scum read, i'll start to epic tunnel.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1433 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Mm...yes. Elyse has been totally okay lynching me this game. That is true.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1453 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oi...am I the only one who sees Tool as scummy? Sorry tooley...:(

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1514 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 412, toolenduso wrote:
In post 389, Aquanim wrote:
In post 383, TheDudeAbides wrote:I mean, just compare Taly and IL's lists.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here. Is it that Taly has less scumreads than IL, and his only one stated is on RC? I would take into account that Taly left some lurkers off his list.

No, I think he was talking about his previous post. As in, "compare Taly and IL's lists with pisskop's list."

That being said, TDA, can you explain a little more why you think pisskop's list is fake content?

After seeing things develop some more, I feel more sure about lynching Taly now. Here's an overview of his arc today:

-Overexplaining his own actions in a way that looks like scum who have made notes of how to defend their actions as they play (#113).
-Describing his own play in a way that looks like somebody who is not town describing a townie (#178).
-Trying to disguise his reasons for backing away from the mykonian vote (#239).
-Posts a reads list that doesn't offer any reasons why his only scumread is scummy (#259).
-Jumps on RC wagon (#286) when momentum starts to swing that way (to his credit, he already had RC listed as a scumread).
-Lets Odd talk him back into scumreading mykonian again pretty easily (#288), then revotes mykonian (#369).

I feel this could be used to say things from any perspective. If you took out the negative undertones I don't think it would necessarily be scummy. I don't like this misdirect.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1515 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 492, toolenduso wrote:UNVOTE: Taly

Lotta things going on right now. I need to think about this.

then Tool changes his mind about wanting to lynch it in a very subtle way.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1516 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 496, toolenduso wrote:
In post 493, InsidiousLemons wrote:I don't really get why tool unvoted especially now that RC has stopped voting him as well

I thought he was still close to lynch.

OK so I don't see any reason for Taly's claim to necessarily be true. My hangup here is that it would make much more sense for scum to fakeclaim doc or cop, but then I realized that maybe Taly is a scum RB and just decided to claim his actual role but as town. Wouldn't surprise me.

The other thing about this is that Taly did it in response to a post from Elyse where she basically said "if you were town you would just claim instead of softclaim." It's like Taly saw that and thought "Elyse is telling me how to look town, so I'll do that."

On top of that (and I'll admit I haven't read Taly's last few books word-for-word, but rather skimmed), it looks to me like Taly is calling Elyse scum while talking to her like she's town (as in, "I hope you're happy with yourself," which implies that town has pushed another townie toward lynch, because why would say to scum that you hope they're happy with themselves?).

I do want to go back and actually read Taly's last couple of posts. Which might take a while, but hey, it's Sunday.

OddMusic needs to get in here before the mod.

This looks as a reason to explain jumping onto either wagon. Looks scummy. Especially considering Taly's flip.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1517 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 516, toolenduso wrote:I've spent too long on Taly. I need to do some reads on other players.

Taly was his scum read; need to look for another option?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1518 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 696, toolenduso wrote:
In post 643, Metalcyanide wrote:So Eektor, Pisskop, Boonskiies & Toolenduso with just left a week left to go. Who do each of you feel like you will end up voting for? Also, why?

I'm looking at you and Taly. Taly for reasons I've already listed, and you mostly for the more recent stuff (the day cop thing, the next post I'm going to quote, a couple other things.) I actually need to set my notes from your ISO and my notes from Taly's ISO side by side and compare because I feel pretty suspicious of both.

In post 645, Metalcyanide wrote:Anyways, I'm looking for an RC lynch. If I have to vote Taly to avoide a no lynch I will but I'm not entirely convinced that it's the best D1 lynch.

This looks very opportunistic to me.

In post 685, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 608, toolenduso wrote:Shallow townread on Boon for acting the way I remember him acting when he replaced into a town slot in the puppy-themed newbie I modded.

Have you seen him as scum?

I don't think so. That's why it's a shallow read. I'd like to see more from him so I can get a better one.

In post 685, TheDudeAbides wrote:Mafia day-vig is probably more common than day sk?

I don't suppose anybody here can give an example of a mafia dayvig in a normal? Because I'm not really willing to entertain this idea unless I see that.

where did the metal read come from?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1519 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 741, toolenduso wrote:
Upon further reflection, I feel more comfortable with a Taly lynch than a Metal lynch today.
While Metal has done some pretty scummy stuff, I find it easier to explain those actions from a town perspective than I do explaining Taly's actions from a town perspective.

Spoiler: Metal_Examples
-#244 through #282 reads a little manufactured to me. Like he's coming back into the game after taking some time off and trying to show people that he's scumhunting by asking a bunch of questions/giving directives to people. The reason it looks this way is because some of the things don't really have a lot of substance to them ("how do you feel about lurkers?" "I want some reads out of you") and therefore seem like he felt obligated to put them there as opposed to really being interested.
Scum explanation:
He's trying to look like he's scumhunting, which makes him feel obligated to ask questions even if they don't really do anything.
Town explanation:
He's trying to get low post counters to post more, and as a newer player, this is just the most obvious way he can think of to do that.
-In #529, he accepts RC's ridiculous claim really easily.
Scum explanation:
As scum, he has no reason to disbelieve a townie's PR claim.
Town explanation:
As a new player, he doesn't have enough experience yet to know how ridiculous that claim was.
-In #563, he re-votes RC because of his "fakeclaim," after I call it "a bit of silliness."
Scum explanation:
He's trying to move the spotlight away from himself, or maybe he's just looking for a spot to place his vote?
Town explanation:
As a newer player, he sees something he doesn't understand (a joke claim) and jumps on it as weird/suspicious behavior.
-In #606, he gives about as noncommittal a stance on Taly (the other leading wagon) as it's possible to give.
Scum explanation:
Leaving open a reason for him to jump on a Taly wagon later. Possibly distancing from a buddy.
Town explanation:
Doesn't buy the cases against Taly.
-Claims VT prematurely in #714.
Scum explanation:
Is nervous and therefore claims early to avoid town lynching him.
Town explanation:
Doesn't know that town usually waits to claim until L-1.

Spoiler: Taly_Examples
-In #31, he more or less tells Elyse he might be persuaded to vote for Aqua if she can make a case.
Scum explanation:
Either he's having a hard time coming up with reasons to scumread people or he's afraid to do the dirty work himself, so he approaches another player about it.
Town explanation:
He's trying to keep an open mind about which players might be scum. The problem with that is that he's trusting another player, Elyse, who he should have no reason to trust.
-In many posts throughout his ISO, Taly provides long, detailed explanations of what he's doing and why he's doing it. However, he misses out on things other players are doing in the game like pisskop saying he's not able to take his second shot today and thinks that other players are talking about him when they clearly aren't.
Scum explanation:
Taly is very concerned with the way he looks and is trying as hard as he can to convince people he's town.
Town explanation:
Personality/playstyle.
-In #239, we learn that Taly partially hid his reasons for unvoting mykonian earlier in the game.
Scum explanation:
Taly didn't want to look bad, so he left out the part of his reasoning that made him look bad.
Town explanation:
Taly's given explanation (here) is that he was rattled by Elyse's pressure and was afraid of making himself look bad. Which is possible for a townie to do, but is really more indicative of scum IMO.
-In #259, posts a readslist where his only scumread is RC, who he lists as slightly leaning scum. Not much reasoning is given as to why this is.
Scum explanation:
He's having trouble faking scumreads.
Town explanation:
He's having trouble developing reads.
-In #288, he uses another player as his reasoning for scumreading mykonian again. Later he re-votes mykonian.
Scum explanation:
Again, having a hard time faking reads.
Town explanation:
OddMusic's words genuinely swayed him.

I could go into some other stuff in both ISOs, but I feel like those are the major points. I just have an easier time seeing metal's play coming from town than I do with Taly.

VOTE: Taly

I really dislike his use of "Upon further reflection". I believe it's almost becoming a pattern. I feel this is testing the waters for a wagon, and then he uses that phrase to pounce on it. I actually feel strong enough about this one to:

VOTE: Tool

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1520 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 804, toolenduso wrote:More of the same compared with his play before he went on V/LA, really. It's pretty low-key and mostly noncommittal.
I wouldn't be surprised if his slot was scum
, but I think town has better options today.

Again with the wording here. It just seems off to be me. This could be changing a wagon
or
giving a reason to start a wagon later.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1521 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1384, toolenduso wrote:Here is the point where I wish I had more experience designing setups because now I'm actually starting to worry about the possibility of an SK with a daykill/scum with one daykill.

I mean it sounds ridiculous to me but I've been very wrong about what is and isn't ridiculous for scum to have before. Like, recently.

If anybody has examples or insight into this, I would appreciate some input. Otherwise, I'm going to dig a little.

Typically scum are more afraid of SK than town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1522 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

That also gives him a reason to try and push people and not thinking about regarding associations or vote count analysis.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1523 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I also really don't like his off-on wishy-washy eektor push.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1524 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, I disagree with Mykonian being suspicious for saying not to lynch me. If anyone is pushing my lynch it is OBVIscum driven as absolutely no association flips will be told by me dying. It is only Day 2. I am a Day 4+ lynch kind of person; mykonian has some experience with me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1527 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Boonskies - super town
mykonian - also town; no scum would ever stop a push on me.
InsidiousLemons - scum based on tool's earlier posts.
pisskop - town; there's no reason as mafia to make the shot that he did.
eektor - i think eek's town. seems pretty familiar to how he was in The Burning? I believe it was? I was scum, he was town.
TheDudeAbides - mm...no clue.
Elyse - i like saying elyse is town because for some reason I am oddly turned on when I see the name, because I think of her avatar, which for some reason oddly turns me on...
toolenduso - scum scum scum
Metalcyanide - scum if tool somehow flips town; if not, scum.
Aquanim - yeah, scum scum. only twice, though. tool is 3 times.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1528 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1525, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1524, Boonskiies wrote:Also, I disagree with Mykonian being suspicious for saying not to lynch me. If anyone is pushing my lynch it is OBVIscum driven as absolutely no association flips will be told by me dying. It is only Day 2. I am a Day 4+ lynch kind of person; mykonian has some experience with me.

Nah, if you flip town it substantially increases the odds of Metal flipping scum, since there would have been no scum on the Metal wagon at any point.

Also, the point is that Mykonian is using a reason to NOT LYNCH you as a reason to TOWNREAD you, which it is not.

So why not just lynch Metal? Yeah...bro, you're scum. Pushing far too much on the Boonie to possibly be town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1530 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1526, Aquanim wrote:EBWOP: any point before the Taly flip. Though I doubt Elyse and Tool are scum, so it probably applies to any point before the end of day 1.

Also, this in my eye is him protecting a scum buddy and a town person.

The opposite of the classic "Bus a buddy, vote a townie."

Town reading your scum buddy is actually quite a nice tactic. But yeah.

Tool and aqua are both scum, what're we waiting for, fellas?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1531 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1529, Aquanim wrote:You can go back to not trying now, Boonskiies, your team's caught.

Doesn't want to have to deal with me tunneling the entire scum team. Nice. Caught. Epicly trying to brush me off.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1533 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, Aqua, you shouldn't even try to push me at this point...people are going to come in and see I'm obviously town. LLL.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1535 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1532, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1528, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1525, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1524, Boonskiies wrote:Also, I disagree with Mykonian being suspicious for saying not to lynch me. If anyone is pushing my lynch it is OBVIscum driven as absolutely no association flips will be told by me dying. It is only Day 2. I am a Day 4+ lynch kind of person; mykonian has some experience with me.

Nah, if you flip town it substantially increases the odds of Metal flipping scum, since there would have been no scum on the Metal wagon at any point.

Also, the point is that Mykonian is using a reason to NOT LYNCH you as a reason to TOWNREAD you, which it is not.

So why not just lynch Metal? Yeah...bro, you're scum. Pushing far too much on the Boonie to possibly be town.

...You might not have noticed since you don't read the game, but I'm currently voting for Metal. After we lynch him, we can lynch you and Mykonian, and then town wins.

Yeah metal might be scum. But only if tool's not. Again, ScumMykonian would have bussed ScumBoon hands down there. There was absolutely no reason to protect me. At all. And ScumMykonian would have pushed TownBoon. There's no possible way that Mykonian is scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1536 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1484, Bellaphant wrote:Okay, so, catching up:

Wow, day one was....busy. The shot with no claim,a no lynch AND a mod kill? o.0
IL had a pretty odd day 1, but they weren't the only one: all three dead people were town, and they also had kinda terrible day 1s.

However, I've read through, and made some notes. Currently, my reads are:

Town:

Elyse: asking questions, moving things on, pursing reads.
Piss: Even though some of his posts are short and a bit...direct, they feel genuine

Neutral:
Boon: liked his entrance/his slot before, less certain as the days've gone on.
Eek: some good content, quite quiet though, is asking questions
Aqua: I'm totes 50/50 on this slot. Some elements I really like, some are odd: he seems quite aggressive when pushed, but has put some good cases together

Scum:
Myk: this is mostly gut, I don't like a lot of his pushes.
Metal: opinion seems divided on him, and I can tell why. Not sure what to make of this one.
Dude: not much content, can't get a handle on this slot.
Tool: seems to be doing a lot of active lurking. Don't like the continued push on Eek.

Questions, thoughts, comments :) Come at me.

this is why the new replacement came in and put you at the bottom of the null section, right?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1537 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

granted, that only withstands on the fact that slot is town, which I leaned scum for. But again, it was through association tells of tool. not very many. Ah! That's probably the scum team. hmm...didn't want to scum read both his partners, and town reading them with such a little amount of town reads would be suspicious. Also, dang, that's actually a lot of scum reads come to think of it. Yeah, you three are totally the scum team.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1539 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'll be able to tell if my Tool scum theory is correct after he posts.

It will only change through manipulation. She went from an outside perspective in, and that has A LOT of merit. You fail to realize that people actually know that I'm quite a strong player and not the giant lurksack of a mess that I was earlier. You, as scum, are trying to use me as a future mislynch, and you, as scum, probably think that I'm acting super untown like. From a town perspective, I make perfect sense.

Also, you fail to realize that there will be people here who will take me seriously.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1540 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

hmm...actually, metal and aqua could be interchanged on my scum team list...Oi.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1541 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I can't think of scum motivation for aqua to go after metal instead of me after metal votes me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1578 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

VOTE: Aqua

Tool, bus your scum buddy aqua. Mykonian's the 2nd towniest guy here, and possibly the only with a brain considering no one else can see how he is pretty much confTown; scum is 100% on his wagon.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1579 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Aqua's pushing for a mislynch on Myko, and then he's setting it up where he can make it an 'honest' mistake, and then push a mislynch on me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1612 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Boonskiies »

tool or aqua. not myko. myko's town. rawr.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1658 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd like to lynch Tool.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1667 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

prodge

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1702 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I should probably go V/LA. I'm in dress rehearsal for my show, opening this weekend, and after we open, it should be much easier. I'm going to V/LA until 4/17. My hectic life will be becoming less hectic soon.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1728 (isolation #47) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

VOTE: Elyse

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1730 (isolation #48) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

unvote

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1758 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1753, Metalcyanide wrote:UNVOTE: Elyse
I would still like to Boon over anyone else I'll throw another vote down later

meh, i'm just disinterested town forgetting that I'm in this game.

Sheep me. It's correct.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1760 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd also like to point on Tool's lack of mentioning my push earlier on him. He just wanted it to fall under the radar, really.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1814 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Boonskies - town
Bellaphant - town
eektor - scum
TheDudeAbides - town
Elyse - scum
toolenduso - scum
Metalcyanide - town
Aquanim - town

I'm 100% correct on this.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1819 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh, if you look at the games where I've been 'perceived' as bad, it's my town games. So, take that for alignment worth really. Just keep in mind the scum team; I'm usually pretty good at calling it out when I'm not super active in games.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1841 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1825, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1764, Aquanim wrote:Why would having me vote for Metal make you more comfortable?

Because you're my top townread.

In post 1764, Aquanim wrote:Also, what is your actual read on Boonskiies?

Scumleaning. Part of me thinks that this style of play doesn't come from scum who are concerned about looking townie, but my personal experience with Boonskiies makes me think it more likely that he could be the kind of player who would replace into a scum slot like this and just decide to have fun with it -- in fact, his play fits in pretty great with that explanation.

In post 1775, Aquanim wrote:
@Toolenduso
: I assume you think Eektor and Metal are two of the three scum (if that is not true, say so). Who do you think the third mafia is?

That is true, though I haven't re-read their ISOs for associatives yet because I don't like to do that before flips.

The third would be between TDA and Boon, with an edge toward TDA. But ideally we would have a scumflip or two to do associatives with before I go sifting through my third-tier scumreads.

eh...here is a game I replaced into a scum slot and decided to just have fun with it. I don't see how this playstyle of mine is showing I'm having any 'fun' with this game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1843 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Aqua...that was Day 1...pay attention. LLL...I don't really consider my 'replace in/activity burst' to start unless it's Day 3 or on. Day 1 is nothing...

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1845 (isolation #55) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

yeah, fuck this.

VOTE: Boonskiies

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1847 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

not really. i've pointed out the scum team. whatever. dont want to get yelled at from list mods post game, so i'll

unvote

absolutely no motivation to come back to his thread. watch for their reactions/push on me now.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1864 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1855, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1853, Elyse wrote:VOTE: Bellaphant

I think this is the way to go.

You're probably right.

With regard to Boonskiies' reaction to my vote for him, I don't see anything about it which convinces me he wasn't scum selfvoting to try to get me to panic-townread him, then backing off when it became clear I wouldn't bite.

In my last game I ended up policy voting (and hammering) a >90% town-read because they martyred and self-voted. Besides the martyr, I felt he was the townie in the game who least deserved to have a mislynch on his record, but I did it anyway. Given that, my attitude to this one is "lynch it with fire" - but I am okay with it happening another day.

I want to do a little more thinking before I put my vote onto Bellaphant but it will happen.

Done it like 6 times as town. Done it once as scum. I can say this now without it being a trust tell. ttt

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1865 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1858, toolenduso wrote:I have kind of a bad feeling about the Bella wagon, and looking back over people's reads it seems like the only wagon I would support today that has a chance of succeeding is Boonskiies. So I'm going to do some interaction analysis here as well as dig a little deeper into Aqua's VCA.

Aqua, remember when I said watch for reactions to my self-vote and who would go on what wagon?

yeah.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1866 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, he's seemingly taking pressure off of Bella, where his two scum partners are voting so that others feel more comfortable about voting Bella today, so he can go in and be the hammer. Scum 101, come on guys.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1867 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Honestly, the only person i feel I've even reacted with this game is Aqua, so I don't really get how interaction analysis of me will happen.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1869 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I feel Tool in a way just proved me as town by trying to find a case on me as scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1873 (isolation #62) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh, I started scum reading them first. With the exception of eektor. They're just more active. Town deserves to lose this anyways. Just mislynch me, and get this game over with so i don't have to feel inclined to keep checking up on it.

@Elyse - I've never started a counterwagon away from a scumbuddy. Ever. I always bus. Always.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1882 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm not going to vote a town read. Eektor could be replaced by Metal on my list.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1883 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Boonskiies »

hmm..no. I was originally correct.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1886 (isolation #65) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Boonskiies »

TheDude's fucking town as hell. And Metal's vote is fine.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1887 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@Bella - just look at aqua. He's town af.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1888 (isolation #67) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Eek and tool are both scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1972 (isolation #68) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm sorry; it's not a coincidence that I keep calling out 2/3 of the scum team. It happened here as well recently. I'm fantastic at finding scum, I just can't convince others, which is what I need to work on.

I believe I actually put forth a good case on Tool, and I believe Tool felt it. I don't deliberately do things as town to get away with them as scum, I just have fun when I'm town, and do things that shouldn't be alignment indicative. It's hard for me to be active in early games, because when I am, I usually get night killed for finding scum Day 1. I believe when I came into this game, I played well, and I wouldn't change how I played this game at all. (Besides my activity issue, but that wasn't just this game.)

I replaced into a game Tool modded, and completely took that game by storm by calling out scum members that hadn't even had pressure from. People just auto assume that because I'm not following the current wagon or I'm completely changing everything, and make rash, TRUE statements, that I anything I say can't be true. I felt it was pretty obvious that Elyse/Tool were scum especially after the way they were reacting to me. Aqua set them up perfectly in that sense as well.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”