2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Greg Roman was what did the most good for Kapernick and now Roman is in buffalo with a similarly skilled QB in Tyrod Taylor. Unless Chip can save Kap or gives Kap to buffalo for some crazy reason, I don't think we will see Kap back to himself for awhile
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ion-appeal
Brady is out first 4 games this year. I foresee 1-3 start for them.

I think what will decide the winner of the afc east comes down to whether or not fritz comes back

Patriots should shut out the Jets if Geno is at the helm and finish 11-5, otherwise 10-6 is more likely

I see miami getting at least 6 wins if fritz is back, possibly 8 if he is not

I see buffalo getting 8 wins if fritz is back, 9 if he is not

If Jets get fritz back then, I see them going 10-6 so they could steal afc east from patriots pending tie breakers. If fritz is not back then they go 5-11 or 6-10.

Patriots are more likely to repeat their afc east crown then not, even with Brady out
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I believe I said last year Brady was getting a bit worse than he deserved

I agree with Bella on Fritz > Geno. I also agree with her on Cardinals beating Pats.

I disagree with her on the pats other games. I see JJ watt and Wilfork dismantling Jimmy Garoppolo. And I think one of MIA or BUF is gonna get lucky as well
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given the suspensions a few steelers players are facing, I'm not so sure. Not to mention the health issues some players have had in recent years

I think AFC will shake out to be (In no particular order): NE, PIT, JAX, OAK, DEN, Best of
KC
or CIN or NYJ

I believe NE (at least) is gonna have tie breaker over NYJ given NE won division last year and thus has harder schedule
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... suspension

:eek: I thought for certain he'd be out for the season again. How many chances has he been given now? I've lost count

Wouldn't be suprised if he failed another drug test before preseason
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

If the jets want a
chance
to win this season and not alienate Decker and Marshall they will need to overpay for Fritz

What I think is best is they should try Geno for a bit. I know that sounds crazy but we have not seen Geno truly play with these new jets in this new system. The odds of him surprising us all are slim but so are their chances of winning the division even with Fritz. Sometimes you got to play the long game. Giving Geno or even Petty a shot is the best thing they can do in life without Fritz.

Sadly what I think will happen is Jets will do this strategy and when Geno and Petty fail, they will fork out money to Fritz. If they fork it out to Fritz mid season Fritz won't be able to save them in time. Jets will have an overall failure of a season, Geno will take the blame and Bowles will surely also be blamed. It won't be all their fault but Jets fans are gonna treat it like it is. And if Fritz don't get paid to come in midseason, he will either be back with the Jets next year while getting paid what he isn't worth or the Jets will get a high draft pick QB and just move on. The move on track is again better for them in the long run
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Then we agree on what is best for them but not on if Geno will succeed. I would like to see him succeed, it would be a great turn arround story

P-edit: Bella put it best again, Geno may be 6th for all we know. We have not seen Petty yet
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Agar, with Bosa off the board, who would you have picked for the cowboys? Buckner?

Would you have avoided picking any RB in the draft and rolled with Morris+Mcfadden?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with Bella, Agar, and Defender. Though I think 4 wins is more likely than 5

Rather surprised Jets and Fritz decided to meet somewhere in the middle. I thought each was more stubborn. This contract is a win for the Jets as it gets the QB people wanted more without spending as much as Fritz wanted. Still think Pats take AFC east but at least Jets have a chance to make the post season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Its true Decker and Marshall did more for the Jets than Fritz, and since they wanted Fritz, this was the right way to go

Fritz best years involved throwing to the following people: Terrell Owens when in BUF, Chad Johnson when in CIN. Decker and Marshall when in NYJ

So there is truth to both Fitz > Geno and his receivers being good. Fitz has had some good luck with the teams he has joined having some good people to throw to. He should probably thank his agent for that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

f and r keys are close together on keyboard. I got it right and wrong in that last post
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #67 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 64, PJ. wrote:Umm. There are quite a few guys with better receivers than him (or at least equal) that he played better than, ftr.
This is true but let's imagine Tom Brady throwing to not just gronk, but gronk and decker or gronk, decker, and marshall. That team could win a superbowl

In 2011 Brady threw to Welker, Gronk, and the soon to be arrested murder. This year he will throw to Eldeman (A nice welker replacement), Gronk, Bennet (Another upgrade). They should be able to overcome the bradyless start to the season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 66, Egg wrote:Sounds like Browns and Broncos aren't interested in Foles.
Vikings
and Cowboys are.
Who is behind bridgewater on the depth chart? They worse than foles?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #71 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Aaron Rodgers, how was fitz better than him?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #73 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

When you say Bad Manning, you mean Eli yes?

First time I read that I thought you were saying Peyton twice given how bad he was last year :)

I didn't think Eli and Aaron was worse than Fitz. Matty Ice and Injuried Luck absolutely were worse
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #83 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

I see why Jets are doing it because they believe they have a chance with Brady out first 4.

But I don't think winning the division from the pats will happen, still see them tying pats as best case scenario.

Getting a wild card may be doable though if they can beat out CIN and whoever is second/third best in the west (KC, OAK, DEN).

AFC south certainly is not fielding a wild card team, only 1 team is gonna get out of that division alive while I think its possible we get 3 AFC west teams in the playoffs

atm my money is on 3 west teams making it with JAX and OAK taking their divisions. DEN is my first wild card, and since KC plays both CIN and NYJ during the season and they are capable of beating both, KC seems most in driver seat for final wild card
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

CIN lost some key wide receivers during the off season. They still have Green but he can't do it all. I think PIT will take that division and therefore not compete with NYJ for a wild card

CIN also lost Hue Jackson. I don't see Dalton repeating the numbers he got last year with the new crowd, new coordinator. He is also gonna need to fully recover health wise given his injury late last year. Dalton's got a lot he has to overcome and my money is on, he can't do it.

As much as I hate PIT, odds are they will overcome their issues more than CIN will overcome theirs. Ben has succeeded more often in the past than Dalton.
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #92 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

What makes you think BAL will do so well this year and PIT will do so bad?

Why do you think Dalton will succeed in overcoming adversity?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #98 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

So bella, you say AFC North will be:
CIN
BAL
PIT
CLE

want to make sure I read that right

I agree Chargers keeping Gates over Green says a lot about how bad Green is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #100 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am surprised foles went to KC. Alex smith is solid starter so foles won't get a chance unless smith goes down to injury.

Dallas strikes me as the better deal as Romo more likely to get injuried than Smith

Both KC and Dal contenders so that's not a factor

Dal in trouble if tony goes down again this year

Geno would benefit from Dalas's solid Oline if he went there. Geno is more mobile than Tony, while Tony beats him in just about every other category
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #102 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:He didn't choose the Cowboys, Jerry and Stephen Jones essentially said he wasn't as good as Kellen Moore when he became a FA.
Andy Reid is the guy who drafted him
, so that might have made a difference.
that makes sense then. Hall of fame events are going on and there is a game tonight. :)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #104 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... d-concerns

I wanted some football its been too long :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got to watch preseason football over weekend

Will criticize browns qbs at end of preseason

Prescott looked amazing in cowboys debut

Brock and Gabert were about what I expected which was mediocre to bad

Was fitz hired before or after the infamous punch last year for Jets?
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #108 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Did texans get anything get anything good for him back then?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #112 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Considering how well he is doing he may be the gem of the draft. Cowboys defense may still need work with the issues they been having but their offense is good. I don't feel they will be sol without romo again. I'd still try to have 3-4 qbs at season start if I was them though to be safe. Keep romo, dak and whoever is next best
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #124 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Alex Smith was not good with the niners back then. He got serviceable with harbaugh and is still that if not slightly better in kc with the staff there

Warner will be in the hall of fame in a few years

Geno Smith will be cut before season starts.

I think Dallas should consider 4 QBs on roster, yes Romo and Dak are good but I'd rather be overly safe. There are good odds Romo goes down again and Dak is still a rookie so he could get injuried as well. I'd rather be overly safe than underly safe if I was dallas this year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #127 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

So texans got nothing for Fitz this season.

On a bright side Clowney is finally doing something for them
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #135 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:
In post 129, Bella wrote:No need to carry 4 QBs, there'll always be a Matt Flynn or whatever you can pick up as a veteran presence when Romo inevitably gets hurt.
So about that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-in-back/
I may have jinxed it more than you did
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #141 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:One of the comments on that article was about how the bucs would call JJ to ship Mike Glennon. If I'm Jones I'm not sure I take that phone call.
I would not take that call either. Romo should be a good coach for Dak until Romo is healthy. Dallas should add depth, heaven forbid dak gets hurt too. People usually hurt harder in regular season. Romo should consider retiring at end of this season, ring or no ring. More likely no ring as Dallas needs a better defense
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #165 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:Cowboys and Vikings will now commence fighting over the corpses of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. Sorry, friends.
In terms of skill I'd take sanchez, in terms of money I'd take geno

If I had other options, I'd take them whatever they are
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #171 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

GB got back jordy and got cook. Lacy is in much better form. Should win division

Teddy has gone down for vikings. AP is healthy but getting old, they'll be 2 or 3 in the division

Bears lost Bennett but have a more stable office than lions they'll be between 2-4 in division

Lions I think are still in disarray. No Calvin, they did a lot to make up for it but that office does not have itself all together after firings that went on last year. 3-4 in division
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #174 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Start of season predictions

NE (2)
NYJ
BUF
MIA

PIT (1)
BAL
CLE
CIN

JAX (4)
HOU
IND
TEN

OAK (3)
KC (5)
DEN (6)
SD

_____

NYG (3)
DAL (6)
WAS
PHI

GB (2)
MIN
CHI
DET

CAR (1)
TB
ATL
NO

ARI (4)
SEA (5)
STL
SF

JAX < KC
OAK > DEN
NYG > DAL
ARI < SEA

NE > OAK
PIT > KC
GB > NYG Given previous track records of each team in playoffs, this could go either way
CAR > SEA

PIT < NE
CAR > GB And CAR should beat GB or NYG

CAR > NE
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #178 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

I prefer calling them jax over jac as they have a ks sound

Do I think they are 4th best team in AFC, No. Do I think that division is worst divison in afc and jax will be the ones to get out alive? Yes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #182 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tennessee has a run game now but that's it.

Colts passing will be good but their run game and defense will be poor.

I think Brock is not going to work out. They gave him too much money. Their defense and run game will still be good

Jacksonville has passing, running, and a defense thanks to the draft. They look most complete
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #196 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Papa Zito wrote:so your logic is

- Texans won't win cuz of their one unproven QB
(Which is the most important position in football)

- Jacksonville will win cuz of their multiple unproven draft picks

ok I'm sold
Jags defense is not all draft picks
http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/Paul ... cfa00f54bf)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #214 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not changing predictions with bradford going to vikes. He is surely going to get injured again. Don't think he has finished a season yet. Vikes making a bad move with all that money involed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #216 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looked on nfl.com and it seems bradford has survived two seasons. I will agree with rest of what you said as well

Min wanted something "bigger" than Shaun Hill showing off in their new stadium. Bradford is "bigger " or more thrilling than Hill, but is he truly better? not really...

Sanchez signed with the cowboys. Geno appears to be staying with jets because Bryce got hurt near end of preseason. It will take some injuries for Geno to play this season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #219 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

There need to be some fines
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #223 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with you guys except for that forfeit part. I don't think we need to go that far yet. If that team keeps doing it then yay go that far. Refs should have thrown alot more flags than they did
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #230 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

my grammar sucks when i post while at work meant to say something more like....
In post 223, PokerFace wrote:I agree with you. As for that forfeit part I don't think we need to go that far yet. If that team keeps doing it then yay go that far. Refs should have thrown alot more flags than they did
Also if we find the broncos staff to be encouraging that kind of behavior they need to be treated worse than saints were during their previous head hunting scandal
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #249 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

There are a lot of analyst's saying Arizona will win NFC. They should all have their mouths shut now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #267 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bella wrote:
In post 260, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 249, PokerFace wrote:There are a lot of analyst's saying Arizona will win NFC. They should all have their mouths shut now
Zona is still good. The Pats are just real good.
Now we've seen all the teams play, the Cards are still a contender in that dumpster fire division.
I said entire NFC not just NFC west, there are analysts that have cards going to the superbowl and a few have them winning. Those people should be silenced

If rams are at bottom of division during their week 8 bye, then yay Fisher is gone otherwise I think he will be fired at end of season as I don't see Rams winning that division
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #269 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

How is fisher's contract setup right now? If he somehow gets big money despite being fired then I think you are right. I assume Les Snead does not have such luxary
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #270 (isolation #44) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams have talented players but their record has not reflected it in years. They thought a high drafted QB would save the day, but Goff is not meeting expectations. Perhaps they should have gone with Wentz which would be fault of Snead. I thought Wentz would be better than Goff and Wentz looked alright against Cleveland. Still Wentz needs to face a good defense for us to see how good he is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #274 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Then yay if Rams don't win the NFC west or get wild card he should be gone at end of season with as many chances he has had

Cardinals best suited to win that division but they won't win NFC conference title
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #287 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

From what I have seen of this year's QB's, Dak has looked the best. Goff has looked the worst. You didn't need to trade up to get a good QB this year.

More games watching Dak, Goff, Wentz, and Lynch would be something I want before final verdict, but looks like Rams screwed up if their confidence is so low in Goff they'd rather start Keenum

Likely only to see more games of Dak and Wentz for now. Lynch should get some time. Trevor turned the ball over to the panthers some and I think their are some other defenses that will make Trevor screw up more on Denver's schedule. Lynch will get some starts somewhere
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #290 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Papa Zito wrote:
In post 287, PokerFace wrote:From what I have seen of this year's QB's, Dak has looked the best. Goff has looked the worst. You didn't need to trade up to get a good QB this year.

More games watching Dak, Goff, Wentz, and Lynch would be something I want before final verdict, but looks like Rams screwed up if their confidence is so low in Goff they'd rather start Keenum

Likely only to see more games of Dak and Wentz for now. Lynch should get some time. Trevor turned the ball over to the panthers some and I think their are some other defenses that will make Trevor screw up more on Denver's schedule. Lynch will get some starts somewhere
I saw that >_>
yay somehow I accidentally opened a different thread and posted that in the wrong place originally. not sure how i did that either since I was not even reading that other thread.

Edit: panzer was last to post in that thread, when I tried to post. And he was last post here, when I tried to post. I think I clicked wrong box as I read last poster name without reading thread title. oops...
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #295 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like Rex Ryan and think he and his brother are good defensive coordinators but I don't think they are great at coaching an entire team. Same can be said about their father. There are reasons some of them got rings as coordinators and not as coaches
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #303 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

I hate my cable company. I went to the parents for sunday dinner early today. I did this because the browns ravens game was not being televised by my cable provider. The PIT vs CIN and the SF vs CAR game were being televised instead. I can forgive the PIT vs CIN game given the division but SF vs CAR smh

Time Warner > Armstrong Cable
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #316 (isolation #50) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If houston starts 3-0 i will need to rethink afc south
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #319 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last night Sam Bradford out performed Aaron Rodgers. I need to make sure the reactor on my time machine is ok. Make sure it didn't somehow cause that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #375 (isolation #52) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

They suspended the LA vs TB game because of the weather. So they gonna play the final two minutes tonight? If not, what does that mean?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #376 (isolation #53) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Never mind they started playing again.

Still curious about all rules surrounding game suspensions
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #386 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I want to see Edelman do this. For entertainment and fantasy football purposes only
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #387 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

NE played thursday and theoretically has more prep time than bufalo for this game. I don't think rex will win, but even if he does I see NE holding onto that division. Even if NE had gone 1-3 with Brady out, I still think they'd hold onto that division
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #391 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was gonna say I had changed my prediction to them winning that division. They still have best chance but it isn't impossible for someone to steal it from them now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #392 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Watt's streak at Defensive player of year gonna end. Thinking Luke Kuechly or Von Miller takes it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #397 (isolation #58) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not surprised. I'd love for him to come back, be clean, and play well, but I think the odds of him failing another drug test are much more likely.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #400 (isolation #59) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

What PEG said^

Crowder is redskins number #2 wr I 'think'. Jackson is #1 and garcon is #3. If you factor Reed into this that further effects Crowder placing further back

Pryor is currently browns 1 wr. Is QB on some plays. This 'could' result in scores, passing, running, receiving the ball. Pryor may fall to #2 wr when Gordon returns but won't undo the possibility of Pryor throwing a td pass to gordon
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #405 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Colts gave Paggano a lot of money at end of last year. Don't think they'd cut ties with him so soon. Grigson is likely out though

Edit: Nevermind, that deal extended Grigson through 2019 too. With all the money tied up I don't think they get rid of them that fast
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #407 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Houston gonna win south, take back what I said. Won't be easy with watt out but they'll still do it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #415 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Penalties on excessive celebration only bug me as they are not all inclusive. If you are going to flag some then you should flag them all. If you are going to not flag some than you should not flag any. Taking the time to debate, what is and what is not excessive, is what is truly excessive.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #423 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I bet against the browns for my eliminator league. Most other players did the same. Gonna find another team to cheer for this year

AFC championship gonna be NE vs PIT

NFC up in the air
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #431 (isolation #64) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

+1^

People were saying he was out if chargers lost both of their last two games. Broncos had many opportunities to win last night but did not. I am not sure McCoy will be safe until SD bye week or not. Depends on what their leaders think. If they have a replacement already picked out I'd ditch McCoy now and have them come in.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #443 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ben is out next week and the bye week, he
might
be back after.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #444 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ben has a few more good years in him but as I doubt PIT wants to pull what dallas did last year, they should look for Ben's heir in the next draft
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #447 (isolation #67) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

AGar wrote:Hey man, 90s football has Dallas sitting 4-1. I don't care that the toughest stretch of the schedule is coming up and Dallas has played cupcake games until now... We've already matched last season's win total. Nowhere to go but up from here!

I'm still waiting for the bottom to fall out on Admiral Dakbar. I'm one of like six Cowboy's fans who actually watched 'Bama-Miss St last year.
The Dallas O-line and Zeke are responsible for most of Dallas's success. Because of them, he hasn't had to focus on winning games, just on not losing them. Dallas's greatest weakness is their defense. If someone can jump out to a big lead early on them, then we will learn if Dak is real deal and can keep pace. PIT plays Dallas week 10 so that should be a good show, as long as Ben is healthy and they don't treat Dallas like Miami
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #462 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hasdgfas wrote:Nobody deserved to win that game, so nobody did.
+1^

Brock showed last night he got way too much money from Houston. I had a feeling that would happen at some point during this year. Houston won AFC south with sub par QB play last year. As long as the rest of that division stays bad they'll be out first round of the playoffs again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #464 (isolation #69) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still think 3 afc west teams will make it to the playoffs. At least 2 of them will get to second round of playoffs. One of them will beat AFC south. The other will be as a result of AFC west vs AFC west (one of them has to win) or one of them could wind up with the #2 seed since AFC south is gonna get 4th and AFC north feels more likely to steal 3rd seed at this point given how competitive battle between PIT, BAL, CIN is looking right now. OAK could very well get a home game this post season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (isolation #70) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

That may be true. Let's not forget last regular season game last year Brock was benched for Peyton. And Peyton Manning was pretty bad last year. Historically bad in comparison to many superbowl winning QBs. There were signs this would happen with Brock
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #468 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Week 8 is not yet in the books. I'd usually wait another week for mid season picks.

AFC

NE
OAK
PIT
HOU
DEN
KC

NFC

DAL
MIN
SEA
ATL
ARI
GB

KC < PIT
DEN > HOU
GB < SEA
ARI > ATL Defense wins championships and ATL does not have a defense

DEN < NE
PIT > OAK
ARI < DAL I feel this game could go either way. Defense wins championships so I think if ARI can stop Elliot they will win
SEA < MIN

PIT < NE
MIN < DAL I feel this game could go either way. Defense wins championships so I think if MIN can stop Elliot (DAL) or Johnson (ARI) they will win

NE > DAL Whichever NFC team gets there, I feel this is the end result

MIN oline got hurt by PHI dline. Arizona Dline is powerful. I feel ARI > MIN if they were to play each other. But DAL Oline is the best. I feel they can survive ARI and MIN Dline too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #470 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Something is wrong with this picture
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

What is it?

Spoiler:
AFC west has 2nd seed and 3rd seed, Pitt is 6th seed. They are arranging by record and not by division

I assume they'll correct this soon.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #471 (isolation #73) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 469, Bella wrote:The Jaguars are in basically the opposite situation to the Colts. They've got a coach/GM combo where the GM has provided talent and the coaching staff hasn't done anything with it, unlike in Indy where the coach has probably done the best he could with the awful roster he's been stick with. Both Bradley and Grigson need to go - good moves in those directions could make those teams contenders in the AFC South, rather than just leaving Houston as the division winners basically be default.
Seems gus is on the hook through 2017 so he might not be gone this year but should be gone by after 2017 season
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... th-jaguars
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #475 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I don't feel too well about it myself from a pr perspective. From a best for team perspective it makes sense. We probably should have traded him a long time ago (Gotten value out of him while we still could have somehow maybe), but perhaps us having believed in him, will give him courage to move forward and keep his head clean so his next destination works out well for him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #484 (isolation #75) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Half season predictions time

AFC

NE
OAK
PIT
HOU
DEN
KC

NFC

DAL
SEA
ATL
MIN
ARI
GB

KC < PIT
DEN > HOU
GB < ATL
ARI > MIN Minnesota Oline is trash while Ari dline is not

DEN < NE
PIT > OAK
ARI < DAL Dal oline is not trash. They got this
ATL > SEA Atlanta should have beat seatle earlier in the season

PIT < NE
ATL < DAL

NE > DAL Ameri-bowl. Americas Team in Dallas vs Patriots.

Patriots win if Dak plays. If Romo plays I think Patriots win too but I think it will be closer. I feel the same way in terms of all the cowbos games remaining this season. Dak is doing great for a Rookie. Zeke is the heart and soul of that team and without Zeke Dak would not be doing as well. Romo could do the same Dak is doing. Romo should not see field time until Dak struggles. Keep romo on bench and healthy. Don't put him in until Dak struggles much like the Brock vs Peyton situation last year. If Dak goes entire season without struggling then so be it. Maybe its time Romo left dallas. I still think Romo is a good QB but only when he is healthy and given recent seasons, thats not often. If by some miracle Dallas wins the super bowl and wants to trade romo, Romo should retire
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #492 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Dak should play until he struggles. Romo should sit until then. Romo's ceiling is higher than Daks, BUT you know whats higher than that? The odds of Romo getting injured again

Assuming PIT does not have a third off day (PHI and MIA were first two) this game should serve as a good test for Dak
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #493 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

If romo is traded where do you all think he will go?

Wherever he goes, if he can't be protected from injury via the Dallas Oline, I can't think of a greater oline that could protect him.

I'm kinda suprised Bradford has survived this long this season, Minnesota oline not helping him much. Teddy or Bradford may be gone from there next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #495 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith wrote:So the refs quite literally single-handedly cost the Bills 3 points.

When do we hold the fucking league accountable for this shit?
Seattle has been the site of a lot of controversial ref calls

Sherman should have been thrown out
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #497 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Way he turned his shoulder into the kickers knee. Late whistle is all that really save him
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #503 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Romo is nearing the end of his career. He can't be the franchise answer for anyone at his age. Only value Romo would have would be teaching a young player. Fitz and maybe Geno should be out of new york next year. Romo could be useful training up Petty. Rams could have interest if they thought Goff would benefit from Romo.

Cle it really depends on how Jackson feels about Kessler and Hogan. If he really likes one of them, we could give up number one pick for another large group of picks. Or we could use that pick on whoever. McCown is still under contract for next year. These reasons make Cle unlikely to get involved with Romo.

Bridgewater or Bradford will be gone from Minnesota next year. The presence of either will keep romo out. Bradford could go to any place romo could go but romo would be a far better teacher. If Chip is still in power in SF next year, that's where I think Bradford will go. Kaep and or Gabbert could be gone

Bears should go with someone new as Jay or Hoyer can tutor a new guy for a longer time.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #507 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Saw that coming
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #508 (isolation #82) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Browns and Ravens didn't play today. Cin is monday night and Pit was in afternoon. So my cable provider gave me GB vs TEN and MIN vs WAS at 1 today. NFC North looked bad today. It wouldn't surprise me if only one team from that division makes playoffs eventually. AFC has NE looking like best team, but NFC could really have anyone make it to the superbowl

EDIT: Seattle made a statement last night against NE. Seeing SEA vs NE in superbowl would be great. This week had some good football with this game and the DAL vs PIT game

NFC

DAL
SEA
ATL
DET
??
??
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #514 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

+1^

Lacy may not be the best but he is better than nothing which is what they got now

Clay Mathews is out this week and has been dealing with some problems
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #516 (isolation #84) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 508, PokerFace wrote:Browns and Ravens didn't play today. Cin is monday night and Pit was in afternoon. So my cable provider gave me GB vs TEN and MIN vs WAS at 1 today. NFC North looked bad today. It wouldn't surprise me if only one team from that division makes playoffs eventually. AFC has NE looking like best team, but NFC could really have anyone make it to the superbowl

EDIT: Seattle made a statement last night against NE. Seeing SEA vs NE in superbowl would be great. This week had some good football with this game and the DAL vs PIT game

NFC

DAL
SEA
ATL
DET
??
??
After seeing MIN > ARI I think final wild cards go to WAS and either NYG or MIN

MIN has screwed up but key wins over NYG and ARI gonna give them a chance at last wild card
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #520 (isolation #85) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

TEN could steal AFC south from Houston pending schedules

I feel Redskins have better chance of making playoffs over NYG and MIN

I really want that espn or nfl playoff machine working now since doing math in head with tie breakers is hard
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #521 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine its up for 2016!

Edit: The copy url link appears broke

End Result I got is:

NE
OAK
PIT
HOU
DEN
KC

DAL
SEA
DET
ATL
WAS
MIN

KC < PIT
DEN > HOU
WAS > ATL
MIN < DET

DEN < NE
PIT > OAK
WAS < DAL
DET < SEA

PIT < NE
SEA < DAL

NE > DAL
Ameribowl!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #524 (isolation #87) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

EDIT: I had to redo it, and tiebreakers aren't really working, as now the Eagles are my 6th seed. I guess it just assigns the 6th seed to whatever team is picked to win most recently.
So its not just the copy url button that is broke at moment. Lame, hope they fix soon

WAS and PHI beat MIN earlier this year while NYG lost to them. ARI also lost to MIN so those games should be whats deciding things
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (isolation #88) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with broncos decision to try the 62 yarder. Their kicker has made them in practice and you have no timeouts. Either you punt and play for the tie or you go for it. Punting and playing for the tie is something I would not have done either. Too many ties already this year

Upsets by TB and KC yesterday give TB a playoff chance and KC a chance to take the west from the Raiders
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #527 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

That may be true. KC reasonably has a SB shot with that defense. Looking at an updated playoff machine with my picks I got them stealing the west from OAK and both BAL and PIT making it in over DEN. TB takes a wild card and so does WAS
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #530 (isolation #90) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith wrote:The MIA @ BAL game is going to decide a lot. Whoever
loses
, I think their playoff chances are doomed. Ravens can't afford a single mistake at this point and the Dolphins play three division games in a row to end the season.
ftfy

Pre KC vs DEN struck me as a game where DEN had a slight edge. Not a huge upset but I still felt things were in Denver's favor before the match
Pre TB vs SEA struck me as SEA having much bigger edge. So it was bigger upset. I think the injuries SEA were dealing with is why TB won

NE has chance to lose SB with Gronk out and other players not looking good health wise. I am sure they don't want to give up home field advantage in playoffs but resting players late in the season may be better. Should KC beat OAK in upcoming weeks I think NE can sit some players and lose a game while still beating out KC for home field advantage
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #534 (isolation #91) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wow Rams crazy

NE still has best chance to win it all but I feel their chance has weakened
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #536 (isolation #92) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams sure do. Fisher must have most 8-8 or less performances of any coach at this point

Good to see you back on the forums shaft.ed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (isolation #93) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not surprised, Miami almost lost to the browns earlier this year. If we had a descent kicker, Browns would have won that game. Unlikely Browns will win a game rest of this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #539 (isolation #94) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (isolation #95) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Browns biggest problem "this year" is Oline. We have had almost as many people play center as we have had play QB. Lack of protection is what doomed us most "this year". Had oline been stronger we would not have needed as many QBs and could have had better opportunity to see if any QB we had, had value.

Given the QB class next year I think I'd rather we trade back to fix oline with many picks before we try to fix qb issue again...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #545 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So I was right about him having most .500 or below seasons. That's sad for rams fans
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #549 (isolation #97) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree. None of those opponents can afford a loss as they are fighting over playoff position and home game possibility. Only one where Denver may have a chance is against the raiders and thats only if KC game ends before it and raiders give it to Denver. I don't see Denver earning it.

Douglas's hit on Harris was foul play and should have gotten Douglas tossed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #550 (isolation #98) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think its highly likely PIT and BAL both make playoffs now and their game week 15 will decide who gets a home game against the other in the playoffs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #553 (isolation #99) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams were dumb to extend him. Now they do this when Rams play against Seattle on Thursday?!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #557 (isolation #100) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Do browns play rams next year? I think we can actually beat them even with our 2016 roster
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #559 (isolation #101) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jags and Jets could be bad next year pending on if jags make a coaching change or jets get a viable QB. SD's coaching also not good but injury proneness is that teams main problem for second year in a row

Still think we could beat rams given their offense and office, shame we don't play this year or next
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #568 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Derek Carr had hard time with KC. Don't think Mariota will do better. Start Brady

Also I got KC and NE winning those games so that's more reason to start Brady.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #569 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 567, Nero Cain wrote:so hype for Dallas-NE superbowl
This is what I want, but as Giants gonna be a wild card team, I will also accept another NE vs Giants superbowl. Super Bowl XLII was best superbowl ever. I don't like the Giants, but if they can beat Brady again when everyone sees NE as unbeatable, I'll take it. Even if Brady finally beat the giants this time, I think that game would still be entertaining
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #574 (isolation #104) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Still think Carr did better against KC than Mariota will do against KC. Especially since the weather forecast for the TEN vs KC game is going to be ice bowl 2016

KC's offense is rather boring. I'd rather they were not in the super bowl. Would not mind seeing Raiders, Atlanta, Washington, Tampa or Detroit in it. Their games have been entertaining this year and its been a long time since those teams been in a super bowl
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #576 (isolation #105) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm feeling pretty good about
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 00874516~1

TEN beating KC was a surprise. NE can't sit starters against Miami in week 17 because chance they could lose 1 seed to AFC west. So Miami ain't got a prayer

DEN feels like the other odd man out because OAK and KC want good seeds

BAL and PIT will both make it. Week 16 will decide who is home facing the other

KC < TEN
BAL < PIT
WAS > TB
NYG > DET

TEN < NE
PIT > OAK
WAS < DAL
NYG < SEA

PIT < NE
SEA < DAL (Only game I feel uncertain about)

NE > DAL
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #581 (isolation #106) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think rex will go down without a fight. Buffalo will be cold and snowy, with the run game buffalo has I think they will win. Also Dolphins will be starting moore not tanehill
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #591 (isolation #107) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nero Cain wrote:My team hasn't won a championship since the 60's so stop whining you guys.
+1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (isolation #108) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cowboys have everything clinched now and play detroit this week. Romo should absolutely play week 17, but as far as this week goes, you can make arguments for either QB. You could want Dak to have exp against Detroit as there is possibility cowboys vs detroit at some point in playoffs. Or you could want Romo to play to see what he has in tank to get trade value. As romo has not played a game in over a year, he needs a warm up more than Dak does
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #602 (isolation #109) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Browns won! Not 0-16 in 2016 we are 1-14! And still get 1st pick!

I lean Dak this week. Romo next week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #617 (isolation #110) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

What happened to Carr and Mariota is sad. Both teams could have been in playoffs but I doubt either would have won it all. Raiders will likely lose to denver next week without Carr. So Raiders will play Houston in round one in what will be a QB display of futility on both sides of the field. As raiders have better defense and its playoffs, I think they'll win. But regardless of who it is, they lose to the patriots the week after that. Been saying it all year. NE vs PIT in AFC title game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #624 (isolation #111) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Only reason Houston made it over TEN was Mariota getting injured. My points at the start of this year about Brock flopping were completely valid. Jags should be able to fix their coaching problems next year. Tennessee will be back and better assuming Mariota recovers well. That division in general should be fun to watch next year. I think colts will wind up last there next year and hopefully that will smarten them up into fixing their GM and personnel problems.

The basketball like TD toss Poe made was epic. Given how risky that play was, now was the time to do it. Winning at home in a blowout before playoffs. Next time Poe is back their with the ball, he will be able to run easier since people will be looking for the pass. WIFOM can be used to their advantage in the playoffs which I think is better than saving the risk for later.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #625 (isolation #112) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got bored and have been messing around with http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

According to http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture TB can still make the playoffs but I don't see how that is. I've tried a lot of scenarios but none seem to work. WAS has to lose but one of GB and Det has to win. Even if they tie, I don't see TB getting in via the playoff machine. So is the NFL.com Playoff picture wrong? Does TB have a chance or not?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #628 (isolation #113) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I thought WAS losing was a requirement. I guess not. Giants are likely to sit players as they can't move up or down. They'd sooner give WAS the game than force a tie. NYG certainly won't go all in trying to win. How many QB's just broke legs? I'm willing to bet Eli does not play the second half. He might not play at all for the reasons I gave.

I have been told some other matches need to go TB's way.
SEA < SF (not happening)
JAGS < IND (Will happen)
HOU < TEN (Could happen, Houston is not playing for anything just like NYG)

Also DET needs to beat GB. As GB has been "steelering" pretty hard this year (beating good teams but losing to bad teams) AND DET has been pulling off some crazy late game wins this year. I actually think this will happen

So three of the five things that need to go TB's way, could happen. Two of them will not happen.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #631 (isolation #114) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith wrote:It's worse than that for TB. All of this must happen:

TB over CAR
IND over JAX
DAL over PHI
DET over GB

TEN over HOU

SF over SEA

and the real kicker

WAS ties NYG
I see the bolded as completely possible. I actually think all of those will happen.

The italic could happen, it really depends on TEN's moral after losing Mariota. They are essentially playing for nothing, no playoff spot, so why play well when shit don't look good? Houston can't really move up or down in seeding. They will have low motivation for playing so I really have no idea who will win. Its gonna be a battle of who wants the win less.

The others will not happen. SF wants good draft pick and SEA wants better seed. SF will let SEA win. And as NYG is locked into the 5th seed, their starters will sit most of the game. NYG will let WAS win. And as WAS has tie breakers over whoever loses between GB and DET, both DET and GB will not make it in.
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #632 (isolation #115) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

AFC

1. NE (14-2)
2. KC (12-4)
3. PIT (11-5)
4. HOU (10-6)
5. OAK (12-4)
6. MIA (10-6)

NFC

1. DAL (14-2)
2. ATL (11-5)
3. SEA (10-5-1)
4. DET (10-6)
5. NYG (11-5)
6. WAS (9-6-1)

MIA < PIT
OAK > HOU (I am unsure but ultimately its a battle of shity QBs for the prize of losing to NE next round)
WAS < SEA
NYG > DET (Even if GB beats DET, NYG win here)

PIT > KC
OAK < NE
SEA < ATL (Should have beat seatle earlier this year)
NYG < DAL (I am unsure of this game but feel this is most likely.)

PIT < NE
ATL < DAL (If giants get here its anyone's game. If dallas gets here, Zeke will feast on ATL's bad defense.)

DAL < NE (If ATL or DAL get here, they lose. If NYG gets here, they win.)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #638 (isolation #116) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

pickemgenius wrote:
In post 634, Kmd4390 wrote:People think the Raiders are so bad without Carr that they can't even beat Denver this week? I keep seeing them given a 5 seed in these predictions...

I'm more appalled that people would pick JJ Watt less Houston to beat us.
I'm not picking HOU in that game. I suppose OAK could beat DEN, and KC beat PIT. But ultimately I see NE as the AFC representative in the superbowl. NFC is the only real question
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #644 (isolation #117) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You had some starters still in so I'm really not surprised PIT won

How many starters did texans have in? I still think HOU will lose next week, but I don't feel this game can give an accurate estimate of how bad texans may be without starter amounts factored in
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #649 (isolation #118) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am surprised giants went all in on redskins. Since the redskins loss was early in the day, things got boring fast.

NFC was harder to guess in regular season than AFC. Playoffs gonna be same way
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #654 (isolation #119) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Do they plan on keeping both Bridgewater and Bradford? If so they really should have should have left it open Bridgewater is not a bad QB. If not they also should have left it open for the sake of trade values

How much money is Bradford gonna cost them when he is on the roster in 2017? How many draft picks did they lose for him again?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #655 (isolation #120) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 650, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 644, PokerFace wrote:How many starters did texans have in?
very few
Then my point on the value on that match remains true. Can't use it to judge how they will be against OAK

Given injuries to backup QBs I'm not sure who will be in for each team in the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #659 (isolation #121) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

That is what vikings should do. Will they do it? Don't know. For all I know they could hire Chip Kelly as their new offensive coordinator. /Bad Joke
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #672 (isolation #122) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:so does this help or hurt Derek Carr for MVP?
ftfy

I would think it would strengthen it. Personally I think it should go to Matt Ryan

Patriots don't need Brady to win. Steelers don't need Bell to win.

Raiders do need Carr, but I feel giving it to him would almost be like pitying the raiders. Also you give him an award when he can't enjoy award and playing? Feels really odd.

Dak and Zeke I feel cancel each other out. Dallas obviously needed a QB and needed Zeke. So votes from one should cancel out votes for the other.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #675 (isolation #123) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Perkins should be Giants starting RB next year. He should have been it this year as Jennings did practically nothing all season

Brady and Bell are not disqualified from MVP. I just don't think their respective teams need them to win games. Pittsburgh and New England both won games without them. So I don't consider them valuable

Carr is not disqualified from MVP either. I just don't like the idea of giving him an award when he can not play. Some people would think it is pitying. Also giving him an award like this would be reminding him of how good he was. I'd rather Carr did not get this award. I think not giving it to him would better inspire him to do better when he comes back and is healthy

Rodgers played real well making good on his run the table comment earlier in the year, BUT had he played better all year, had GB not gone on a losing streak, they would not have needed to run the table.

This is why my vote is Matt Ryan. Played very well and I don't think Falcons would be where they are without Ryan winning some crucial games for Atlanta this season. Ryan played very well this serason and was very valuable to his team
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #677 (isolation #124) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

How healthy is Jordy Nelson after last week's game?

He is my pick for "comeback player of the year" this year. Had great season after previous season where he could not play

Even if Jordy misses more playoff time he is my pick for this. "Comeback player of the year" award is something that would encourage you to come back again stronger than ever
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #686 (isolation #125) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

GB at Dallas was the best football game this week. Beautiful
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #693 (isolation #126) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Steelers got more healthy important players.

I just want NFC to win it all and I don't care who that is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #698 (isolation #127) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given how Brady lacks a true #1 and Gronk, this is likely Pits best opportunity to beat New England in a long time.

I still just want NFC to win whether its GB or ATL
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #700 (isolation #128) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Pit has had good RBs and Receivers in the past. Ward, Homes, Bettis, Parker. While this is one of few times Brady has been without Gronk or Branch or Moss or Welker. I guess Bennett is Brady's current #1. And Patriots have a good running game for once. It feels like this is a different patriots to what has won before and that maybe what Pit needs to play against. Defenses of both teams were better in the past imo.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #714 (isolation #129) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah neither of these games should have been this ugly. It's been a disappointing postseason so far.

Go Falcons
PIT and GB choked a few times during the season to bad teams. This time they choked against good teams which resulted in blowouts instead of just losses

ATL choked against SD while SD choked against CLE during regular season. I want ATL to win, but I can't say it will happen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #720 (isolation #130) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I approve that halftime show
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #737 (isolation #131) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

I feel I would have enjoyed the game more if I liked the pats. Wraith is right about Atlanta shitting it away. They should have ran it and got a chip shot field goal. Some Falcon guy in booth should have told Quinn not to challenge the edelman catch. Quinn threw flag on reflex and should have asked before he did that. Every replay showed it was a catch. Should have got touch back in final minute. Touchback and timeout could have given flacons a final drive with clearer heads. 3rd quarter was only boring part, I actually like it when defense does good like they did at the start of the game. My favorite superbowl still NYG > NE in 2007 season.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #739 (isolation #132) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 717, Kmd4390 wrote:Falcons 34-28. Ryan MVP. Both QBs 300+ yards
Had flacons got OT coin toss and this had happened :eek:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #740 (isolation #133) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I personally think James White deserved MVP. Brady passed a lot of yards, but mostly to White who had Over 100 receiving yards. White had 3 TDS and a two point conversion. QB may be most important position but White out scored Brady and got more receiving yards than any other player last night
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #752 (isolation #134) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

White set Superbowl reception record. No player ever got that many receptions in Superbowl. He really deserved it more imo
racefan12 wrote:
In post 737, PokerFace wrote:I feel I would have enjoyed the game more if I liked the pats. Wraith is right about Atlanta shitting it away. They should have ran it and got a chip shot field goal. Some Falcon guy in booth should have told Quinn not to challenge the edelman catch. Quinn threw flag on reflex and should have asked before he did that. Every replay showed it was a catch. Should have got touch back in final minute. Touchback and timeout could have given flacons a final drive with clearer heads. 3rd quarter was only boring part, I actually like it when defense does good like they did at the start of the game. My favorite superbowl still NYG > NE in 2007 season.
The Edelman catch occurred with barely over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Even if you don't think there's much of a chance the play gets overturned, you have nothing to lose by challenging it, as all future plays would be challenged by the replay booth. Also it gave the Falcons defense another brief opportunity to rest (not that it helped any).
Having a timeout during ATL's final drive which would give offense time to think more clearly I feel has more value than reviewing a play that was not gonna change.

I myself wanted to throw i flag on reflex the moment I saw the play. I would not be surprised that is why Quinn did it. As soon as I saw one replay I knew call was not changing
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #753 (isolation #135) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 749, Kmd4390 wrote:Brady would say that if he was 30/30 for 750 yards and 12 TDs. It's just how he chooses to speak to the media.
Yep. Media has often asked him if he feels he is best QB ever. Tom always says Joe Montana best QB ever.

I hate tom but he does know how to talk to media.

after all if he said "I am best ever" I'd hate him more.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #756 (isolation #136) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Way too early next year predictions.

Romo goes to KC

1 KC
2 NE
3 PIT
4 TEN
5 OAK
6 BAL

1 GB
2 NYG
3 SEA
4 TB
5 DAL
6 SF

Outside of CAR's 3 peat no team has repeated hold of NFC south. Consider how well TB did this year and couple that with ATL and CAR loosing some important co-ordinators, I say TB takes NFC South next year

BAL < PIT
OAK > TEN
DAL > TB
SF > SEA

DAL > GB
SF < NYG
OAK < KC
PIT < NE

DAL > NYG
NE < KC

DAL < KC

Return to “General Discussion”