Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Chenoan »

/confirm

I'll also be V/LA tonight through sunday or monday probably? I'm visiting a friend. I think I'll be able to get internet some, but I'm not sure.

Just in case.

V/LA from Friday night the 24th to Monday morning the 27th

I'll still be as active as possible, but there's a chance I might not be able to get on at all for large portions of that time period.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 am

Post by Chenoan »

arg. Dumb close tags.

V/LA from Friday night the 24th to Monday morning the 27th
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Sup y'all. I haven't left for the weekend just yet.

VOTE: Elyse

Good to see you in yet another game. :P
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Sun May 26, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Chenoan »

Wow I go away for a little while and the game goes crazy.

I'm trying to figure out who is wagoning whom and why. Plzhold for actual content.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Chenoan »

Okay so.

Random RVS wagon on Nul for no reason?? Like literally no reason? Why?
But it looks like that's already dissolved. I think?

I'm kinda with Mario here on disliking RVS. It seems to be a necessary evil to start the game, but I'm glad that it seems to be over already. And relatively quickly, at that.

Random Elyse vs Mario tension is random. Either town v town or maybe forced distancing. I can't decide.

denis's self-vote is weird to me too. What's the logic there, denis?

I really don't understand the logic on the enomis wagon at all. Can someone explain this?

OMGUS isn't a reliable scumtell. Like at all.

Why are so many people sheeping this enomis wagon? O_o

UNVOTE: Elyse
VOTE: MonkeyMan

Pushing what looks to me like a BS wagon is probably the scummiest thing I've seen so far this game.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:18 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 75, Zionite wrote:You don't present many opinions of your own in this post. You don't take a position on anything except the OMGUS tell and the MonkeyMan wagon. That's a lot less content than it seems at first.
Because half the points in my post were questions. Isn't like half of scumhunting asking the right questions? Presenting opnions only gets you so far in a game that's based off of people's interactions so far.

Right now I have way more leaning-town or null reads than anything else. I mean granted it's still hella early day one, but yea. The only way to get the information I want in order to solidify any reads is to ask questions.

Speaking of questions. If you actually read through my post you'd see plenty of them - such as me thinking that the enomis wagon is bad, the Nul wagon was bad, and that Elyse and Mario are probably either both town or both scum.

So why the concerted effort to try to misrep my post, Zionite?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Chenoan »

I don't even. KBW comes in and RVSes for no reason, then votes for me because of I guess a vote count error or something? But then when that is shown to be an error, he keeps his vote on me.

So he's voting me for literally no reason right now.'

KBW are you just VI or what? You make no sense.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 80, Zionite wrote:Not misrepping, just pointing out that it's not a lot of content from you that I can use to get a read. It doesn't make you scum or town, which is the issue. Hopefully pointing it out is all I need to do to fix it.
Okay, I tend to throw the term misrep around a lot. So. Yea.

However I stand by that I have a decent amount of content right now for how early in game it is, including in that post. But what exactly do you mean by "fix it"? I'm not sure what needs to be fixed since what I did was assess the game so far, and ask questions about things that confused me or that I thought stood out.

No one's answered me yet with a reason for why that wagon happened so fast, btw.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #8) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 81, mario and lugi wrote:you know what i think you and monkeyman are working together because you have been really quite this whole time
... I was on V/LA? Also the game has been going for like 2 days. And I posted the first day. So I'm really confused.

Also how does that tie me to monkeyman, of all people? O_o

You're making really random accusations.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Sun May 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 88, Keybladewielder wrote:Why would your predecessor vote for himself? Trying to earn town points by showing he's brave enough to vote himself without a wagon worry? I've got my eyes on you.
As much as I'm wont to ask you a question about why your predecessor would do something... self-voting is really odd. An answer to this question would be appreciated by me too.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 96, Keybladewielder wrote:What the hell? It's page 4 and I can't help it if Sora accidentally messed up the VC. L-2 is alarming for any player, town or scum this early in game. Either way Chenoan was still briefly on the wagon, right now everyone from the their person to vote Emilia (that's Monkey) to the most recent person to vote him are still in my scum radar zone. Give me one reason that a page 4 L-2 or even L-3 on ANYONE is good.
I what?

Did you even read any of my posts. Like at all? The only votes I've had out were an RVS on Elyse and a current vote on Monkeyman. So what are you on about?

I agree that early wagons are bad when they're for no reason. Which is why I questioned the enomis wagon. But you're throwing about accusations and stuff with absolutely no basis which is just as questionable.

What's your deal?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Chenoan »

I agree that Monkey's scummy right now though. But not because he's pressuring you.

Because he's ignoring the cases against him.

for someone who seems to think people should be accountable to their actions you're ignoring anyone calling you out on yours, Monkey. Why is that?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 103, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not ignoring them, they're just wrong. I haven't done anything scummy, calling someone town that is acting town is pro-town.
Not acknowledging votes and arguments on you doesn't count as ignoring them?

Seems legit. :roll:
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #13) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 am

Post by Chenoan »

Prod dodge. Sorry y'all, I've been cavorting with friends every day since friday and just haven't really had time to do anything but skim new posts in this game. My plan is to be back later today to respond to questions and things and stuff.

Sorry for the slowness.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #14) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Okay. Catch up post time. Sorry I missed a bunch of things before, I underestimated the amount of time I had online and thus only made that one post. Gonna try to respond to everything I missed. If I miss anything let me know please. :) (the post is large so I'm posting it in two parts.)

- Nul's correcting of Mario's vote rubs weird to me. It feels like buddying to me, but I can't tell if it's Mafia-Mafia, Mafia-Town, or just being generally astute to the intentions of others. But right now I'm leaning scum on Nul, and town on Mario. Gonna keep an eye on this and think it over some more.
In post 105, enomis wrote:Why not Town x Scum? Unless you have information we don't have? Hmmmm...
Because I didn't read it like that? Like. That seems like the logical assumption to me. Also, why make a veiled accusation towards me? It seems like you're doing what people are accusing me of doing - subtly hinting that I'm scum so that other people will come to that conclusion themselves.

KBW continues to not make any sense. Don't think he's scum right now, but that could change.

I like the logic of BY's argument against Mario in , but I dunno if I buy it. Mario is reading noobtown to me more than anything else.

Elyse's is weird to me. Randomly defending Mario and then backwardsly jabbing at KBW? When they're behaving in highly similar ways right now. What's off about KBW that's not about Mario, Elyse? His posting is "different"? Can you be less vague?

Hoopla's - Uhm what? If he's a good vote then why aren't you voting for him yourself, Hoopla?

I'm liking Doc's logic in general so far. I think he's my strongest townread.

Really strong entrance from Chevre. But I dunno if it's good-strong.
@Chevre - who else have you read meta on? You mention one game, and say you didn't get to everyone, but don't give any other specifics. Are you trying to make it seem like you're doing more scumhunting than you actually are?
In post 141, Chevre wrote:Chenoan's Post 73 stood out to me as fishy for some reason, but Zionite nailed the reason in Post 75: It's a lot of questions and contemplation with few actual stances.
Chenoan, how do you feel about the answers to the questions you posed in 73? Did you glean any useful information?
Never really got direct answers to any of them. Some roundabout explanations for voting enomis, but that wagon seems dead now so the issue seems less important. Denis replaced out so he can't really answer the question pointed at him.

What I do find interesting is that there weren't even that many questions in that post but you're making it seem like I asked a plethora of unhelpful questions. But I didn't.
In post 141, Chevre wrote:Or, it could be that reactions to pressure is not a reliable scumtell.

(...)

VOTE: Chenoan. (...) I don't really like the way he's responding to pressure
lolwut. "response to pressure isn't a reliable scumtell but I'm going to base my vote on it anyways" ... what even?

Chevre's general questions seem good, but I don't know how much useful content they'll cause. Almost seems like he's just trying to make a lot of noise. Gonna keep an eye on him.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 142, Keybladewielder wrote:and second, chenoan is just a jerk all around. ever since I met him, he's been rude to me.
I'm sorry? It's not intentional. I'll try to be nicer.
In post 152, Nul wrote:Monkey wasn't pushing a wagon as Chenoan suggested (quoted #73: "Pushing what looks to me like a BS wagon is probably the scummiest thing I've seen so far this game."), he was asking for pressure (quoted #63: "enomis is being very OMGUSy. More votes on him please."). Post #73 by Chenoan shot out a lot of questions but no real answers, seems to me like a scum creating fake content and leading discussion in the wrong way. I don't like how he talks about possibilities without delving into details (quoted: "Random Elyse vs Mario tension is random. Either town v town or maybe forced distancing. I can't decide."), I feel as though he is trying to put ideas into people's head without being the one responsible for them if anything happens to go wrong.
What exactly is the difference between pushing a wagon and asking for pressure in action? Because they seem the same to me. Maybe the motivation might be different, but can you guarantee what his motivation is/was? It still reads as pushing to me.

It's day one. I'm giving as much information as I have and as I've read. How am I supposed to give details based off of a few posts of interaction? It stood out to me, so I pointed it out. Why is that bad?

Really dislike Monkey's . Seems like backtracking to me.
In post 155, Nul wrote:Again, another question is presented without assuming a stance.
Asking a question IS making a stance. It's just a better way to encourage discussion than making a blatant statement. A question clearly sows that you want a response and want to see a reaction. An accusation doesn't do that as well. Besides, just because one thing stands out doesn't mean I'm going to leap to assuming that a player is scum. That's pointless. Someone can be scummy without being scum.
In post 155, Nul wrote:Chenoan is also pretty jumpy when suspicion is directed towards him, shown in the above and shown when KBW places a vote on him (#91)
You seem to love meta hunting, so why haven't you looked at my meta to see that I ALWAYS respond jumpy, and I ALWAYS get called out on it. I don't know how to stop it. I don't like being accused of things.
In post 155, Nul wrote:He keeps mentioning that Monkey is not addressing the cases against him, but he doesn't present them to Monkey. Are you talking about #76 because that's the only post it seems that Monkey didn't reply to and I don't really see how he could reply to that.
I'm referring to all the votes on him and their reasons which he doesn't even acknowledge. It seems like he's afraid of acknowledging it and drawing actual attention to himself. I don't like that.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Nul's searching on jmo's meta is odd to me. But it's a good find. Can you explain the disparity between your claim here and your actions in those games, jmo?

Also. One of those games Nul linked is currently open. Are we allowed to use player's currently open games to discuss meta? (I ask because I'm new to the whole posting/reading other people's metas thing)
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Sliding scale time.

>>TOWNISH

Doc Holliday
enomis
mario and lugi
Keybladewielder
Blue Yoshi
Zionite
Elyse
Hoopla
jmo16mla
Chevre
Nul
MonkeyMan576
>>SCUMMISH

So I now realized that Zionite is totally slipping under my radar. That freaks me out. I might need to re-evaluate this list sooner rather than later.

Also, to those who dislike posting townreads. I actually find it really useful to post town reads because if you don't know who other people are reading town you can't compare your own reads to them and it leaves you more in the dark. I actually think it's generally a scummy notion to dislike posting town reads. I've only really seen it be helpful to town in the long run so I can't understand the town-logic behind not wanting that information out there.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #18) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 185, Zionite wrote: It seems I'm actually slipping toward the middle of your radar.
What I mean is that you are legitimately 100% neutral for me. I feel like nothing you've done has stood out all game. But right now I don't know what questions to ask to get reactions that I would find useful in getting a better read on you. So I have to watch for now I guess.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #19) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 187, Nul wrote:Really? Mario voted "null", and for the next 3-4 pages people were suspicious of him because they all thought he was voting me, he didn't even explain to people he was actually voting for no one. You can read people's responses all asking why he is voting me after claiming that "RVS is bad" (). Take Blue Yoshi's post as a prime example. mod still has got it wrong. Somehow I am scummy for correcting this??

You have what I call a crumbly case, and a crumbly case is scummy.
Yes, really. It rubs weird to me. But Like I said I don't know why. There's a reason everyone assumed he was voting for you, because it looked like he was! So you being the
only player
to realize his "mistake" and the vote just happened to be being misinterpreted as on you? It's weird to me. And because you're leaning scum for me and Mario's leaning town, I'm inclined to believe that's the relationship there, but I'm not positive. I already said that, though.
Asking for votes puts pressure on the person and is used for scumhunting. Pushing a "BS wagon", as you called it, sounds to me like pushing for a lynch. The two are different things.
Okay but I asked what the difference was
in action
, not in motivation. I already said that there was a possible difference in motivation, but how is a player supposed to 100% know the motivation of another player? Oh right, only scum can do that.

You're really good at not actually answering questions.
Correction. You're not giving information, you're throwing around possibilities and fence-sitting. This is anti-town. If you can't delve into detail then don't say it in the first place, you're just leading discussion in the wrong way if you can't provide evidence for your claims.
No, I am giving information. And I'm providing reasons form my information. I'm also not fence-sitting, I'm just also not giving a blanket town or scum read to every player right now because
it is day one and we have almost no information to do that.
You just don't seem to like the information that I'm giving. Am I hitting too close to the truth?

In post 181, Chenoan wrote:Asking a question IS making a stance. It's just a better way to encourage discussion than making a blatant statement. A question clearly sows that you want a response and want to see a reaction. An accusation doesn't do that as well. Besides, just because one thing stands out doesn't mean I'm going to leap to assuming that a player is scum. That's pointless. Someone can be scummy without being scum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
What even? Okay, I'm not expert at logical fallacies, but I don't think I'm doing that at all. Please elaborate/be more specific? If it's the someone can be scummy without being scum statement, then uhm. K. It's a statement that's true. People get scum reads on players that are innocent all the time, I've seen it in every game I've played. That's how townies end up accidentally getting lynched. But if that's the only part of that statement you're responding to... I don't even.

Yet I haven't seen you try to present the arguments to him, it's like you don't want him to defend himself. You haven't even addressed your case against Monkey by pursuing it in your last few giant posts. The only sentence where you've mentioned anything about Monkey is; "Really dislike Monkey's 154. Seems like backtracking to me.". Are you even trying to scumhunt? Monkey is your highest scum read and that's all you've got to say in your giant essay? How about putting some pressure on him by asking more questions?
My "essay" was a catch-up post. Monkey made like 2 posts in the time that I missed that I hadn't already reacted/responded to. So yea, that's all there was on him in my "essay" because that's all he'd done for me to respond to.

I'm sorry that I made the assumption that voting for someone and giving a reason why and then calling them out for not responding to the vote was enough to "present the argument" to a player? Because that seems like pretty blatantly presenting an argument to someone.

Why are you so eager to defence monkeyman?
I would like to use Zionite's scumtell that townies should be actively consisting people of their reads or pursuing the cases they've made. You however have done neither of that regarding your case against Monkey.
I'm sorry? Like I don't know what response you're wanting out of that statement, because from my perspective I'm scumhunting to the best of my ability. No, I'm not pushing just one case because I don't want to tunnel and I'm not 100% confident of my read yet (I apparently have a very bad habit of tunneling and it caused me problems in both of my newbies games so I've been trying to get better at not doing that). I'm not pushing for a lynch on Monkey, he's just my strongest scumread right now. But like other players have said it's still early for a lynch.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 189, Nul wrote:Besides the fact that I corrected a vote by Mario on me (that everyone in the game including the mod thought it was a vote for me), is there any reason why you find me scummy? Because your reads are terrible at the moment.
My gut, which is a bad reason to use to try to explain things I know, but yea. Your interactions with players. You call me out for asking questions but early on all you did was ask questions as well.

It seems like you're just trying to go for an easy lynch while trying to earn town cred by defending certain players. I don't like that.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #21) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 181, Chenoan wrote:You seem to love meta hunting, so why haven't you looked at my meta to see that I ALWAYS respond jumpy, and I ALWAYS get called out on it. I don't know how to stop it. I don't like being accused of things.
Also, Nul. Why didn't you respond to this? Does it weaken your case against me too much so you don't want to bring attention to it?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #22) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 191, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Can I just say that Chenobla's read's are awful? Where does he get that enomis and mario are town and Hoopla is leaning scum?
I thought it was pretty clear all game that I've though enomis is probably town? And I explained my Mario read. And Hoopla is very much in the center of the scale, which mean's he's a primarily null read.

How is that confusing?

Also, this looks like content, but doesn't really add much to the discussion. What are your current reads, Monkey?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #23) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 194, enomis wrote:
In post 180, Chenoan wrote:Because I didn't read it like that? Like. That seems like the logical assumption to me. Also, why make a veiled accusation towards me? It seems like you're doing what people are accusing me of doing - subtly hinting that I'm scum so that other people will come to that conclusion themselves.
Exactly. Why is it a logical assumption to you. Why didn't you read it like that? Why is town v town a choice and not town v scum? Town do not know who is scum and who is town. And esp that early in the game and you seem quite sure of your read? How can you be so sure? And what veiled accusation. If you read it like that, so be it.
What I meant was the face that I didn't read it the same way you seem to have read it seems like the logical assumption to me. Not "omg, he read it differently, MUST BE SCUMZ" which is the round about accusation you're making by asking if I have any information that you don't. How do you not see that as a backhanded accusation?

It reads mainly as town v town to me, but it could also possibly be scum v scum trying to establish distance. That doesn't mean I'm "quite sure" of my read, though. And just because that's how it reads to me doesn't mean that's what it is. It's one interaction and I'm a human who can be wrong. But it stood out to me, so I pointed it out because that's what you're supposed to do. Ykno. Point out things that make players stand out so that everyone can get as much information as possible in order to try and actually lynch scum?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #24) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 195, Elyse wrote:This is just really terrible. How is correcting a vote on someone weird? At all? More importantly, how does it make someone scummy?
Since Nul was the only player who noticed the discrepancy it seems really odd to me. And in my post I even said I wasn't sure if it was scummy or not, but because I'm leaning scum on Nul for other reasons and my gut read I'm inclined to think that the reason the error was noticed was scum based.
KBW is making sense. He's not posting in another language or jibberish. Why do you refuse to acknowledge him, but have a townread on Mario? Also, you left a nice open door to open onto a KBW wagon.
KBW's arguments don't make sense to me, not his words. Also, my read on KBW is like the same as my read on Mario and they're both leaning town, so I don't get the point of those comment?
In post 180, Chenoan wrote: I like the logic of BY's argument against Mario in , but I dunno if I buy it.
So in other words, you don't like it? This is just a massive waffle.
No, in other words I mean what I said. I like the logic of the argument, but I don't know if I agree with the argument itself.
In post 180, Chenoan wrote: Elyse's is weird to me. Randomly defending Mario and then backwardsly jabbing at KBW? When they're behaving in highly similar ways right now. What's off about KBW that's not about Mario, Elyse? His posting is "different"? Can you be less vague?
Randomly defending Mario? Really? You have him as a townread too. Why is it random that I defend him? And I didn't "jab" at KBW. Saying he is off is not jabbing at him. Jabbing at him would be like what you did when you said his posts don't make any sense. KWB and Mario are not acting in similar ways. You are just pretending like KBW is some troll that shouldn't be paid any attention too. I haven't pinpointed exactly what is different about KBW, maybe you could find it if you actually read his posts.
I've literally played half of one game day with KBW, and I still have yet to take time to read his meta. So I don't know how I'm supposed to notice if something is "different"? He doesn't seem different to me from the other game he was in with me, though. So I don't know what you're after.
In post 182, Chenoan wrote:Nul's searching on jmo's meta is odd to me. But it's a good find. Can you explain the disparity between your claim here and your actions in those games, jmo?
Why is it odd to do meta research? You didn't say it was odd when Chevre did it.
Chevre didn't link specific posts to try to build an argument on someone. I'm not saying the hunting was bad, but it's odd to me. I'm not used to that kind of action on things. Also, I glanced at jmo's past games and there are a LOT more than those 3 games. I might go through some of them later to see if the giving town-reads is really a habit or not.
Terrible, terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE list. MonkeyMan is your biggest scumread, yet you only mention him once? Chevre and Nul, my TOP TWO townreads who actually do meta research and scumhunt, are two of your biggest scumreads? You haven't even provided reasons. Why is jmo scummy? Is the only reason Hoopla scummy because she said someone else is a good vote? How is enomis town? How is BY town if you don't buy his logic?
People can disagree on reads. Also it's a sliding scale, it's not me saying "Oh man X person is definitely scum because they're 4th on my list there". Most of my reads aren't very strong right now. And none of them are strong enough to actually pursue a lynch on.

Monkey has been my strongest scum read for a while, but he doesn't exactly post a lot of content to respond to. So in a catch up post there's not going to be a lot to react to, especially since I previously made a post reacting explicitly to him.

Your comment about my reads on Chevre and Nul isn't really a question. Yes, they're leaning scum for me right now, I posted that, your point?

Hoopla is primarily a null read, but ever so slightly leaning scum because of his weird advocating of a vote without voting it, and also because of Monkey's random town read on him. I don't like those factors, but it's not enough to really get a good read at all.

the enomis thing is in my prior posts, I can go through and detail more if you want me to.

BY is also primarily null, but I like the logic of his argument and can see the thought process on it. I don't necessarily agree with his argument, but that doesn't mean he's scum. But it's not much to base a read on, so like I said he's still mainly null.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #25) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Chenoan »

Oops, sorry, missed the Q on jmo. jmo is primarily null, but the posts Nul brought out on him are a really valid point. But I want to see how he responds in order to form a better read.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #26) » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Chenoan »

@Mod: I think Keybladewielder is still voting for MonkeyMan
(see post )

Thanks. I made a huge mistake in VC1.4 thinking that KBW still had his vote on you.~Sora
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #27) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 211, Elyse wrote:It wasn't odd because the discrepancy was about him. It actually makes sense for him to notice it.
It stood out as odd to me. And it still kind of does. Nul is firing my scumdar more and more as the game goes on.
The point of this comment is that you are saying KBW's arguments don't make sense, but is still town. I don't get that.
I feel like scum would probably be more careful to a degree, but mainly I'm seeing what people meant by him playing like a VI. For how much meta has already been used in this game people sure seem to only be using it very selectively.
That still doesn't make sense. You can't have both. If it's wrong, it's wrong.
An argument can be wrong but the logic can still make sense.
I'm not expecting you to find it, but considering you disregard KBW I was just trying to see if you could pick up on something.
I'm not picking up on anything. Clue me in if you figure out what you're basing this random accusation on?
Still haven't explained why it's odd. Just because you aren't used to it does not mean it is odd.
It makes it odd to me. "odd" doesn't intrinsically mean OMG THAT'S A SCUM TELL FOR SUREZ! It means it stands out as out of the ordinary to me, and might be scummy. I haven't played any games where players referenced meta as much as they have in this game. That's weird to me.
So what's the point of posting them? Only post your strong ones if the others don't have merit.
I like posting the sliding scale? It works for me, and helps me remember what's going on in the game more easily when I come back to it.
WHY ARE THEY SCUM?
Nul's selective use of meta is starting to really stand out to me. It's totally cool to go meta search when it will help make someone else look scummy, but not when it might make someone else look towny? That doesn't make sense to me.

Additionally harping on me for semantic arguments that apparently make me scummy (see: pushing a lynch vs asking for pressure) rubs me wrong as well. Especially because these semantics are based on not actually reading my posts/arguments.
As I've already said, people only have one vote. BY is a good vote. But I'm voting you. Am I scum?
And using Monkey's townread as something against Hoopla is...I can't even.
You're leaning slightly scum, yea. And I'm not saying that getting called town by another player inherently makes someone scum. But. It adds to my suspicion right now.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #28) » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 212, Chevre wrote:I guess with the summer starting I just decided I wanted to try mafia again, so I signed up for a game. Of course, games don't start immediately, so as the playerlist filled up I tried to read games with them in it. 1426 took out a big chunk of people, and I tried to read enomis and mario and lugi's games, but they were partially destroyed by the site crash in 2011. So it was mostly fruitless. 1426 was really interesting though.
Okay, but which players have you read meta or or not read meta on?
I don't really like how you cut stuff from what I really said. In the original post, I follow the first sentence you quoted with "Personally I agree with Keybladewielder and think it depends on the player." For example, I read games with mario and lugi and Keybladewielder, so I believe their responses to pressure are a little less trustworthy. I hadn't read anything by you so I think your response to pressure is fair game. If you want to rationalize why I shouldn't do so, you can (I see that you do this in 181. Fair do). And my foremost reason for voting you was not how you responded to pressure, I said, "This is mostly gut right now." I can understand cutting irrelevant text, but here it looks like your taking out stuff to make your argument better.
I clipped the quote to make a point because I wasn't responding to everything you said, just those things. That's why I indicated that I clipped things with the (...)s.

So you're selectively using meta to make game decisions? Why not read more meta on other players here?

I like Chevre's demeanor, but being pleasant doesn't necessarily mean town... Definitely leaning away from scum as time goes on, though.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #29) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 218, Nul wrote:First of all, do you guys see the double L? He is voting "NULL" not "NUL". Second, look at his next statement; "I hate random voting". Everyone else in the thread was random voting, there was simply no reason for him to single me out. Additionally given the fact that Mario has language difficulties, it all sums up to be a "null vote". If anyone had trouble following this logic, please explain. @mod, you still have got it wrong in #205.
See, I read the "i hate random voting" as him implying he was joining the wagon that was on you at the time. That was the logical reason to single you out.

You can tell the difference in motivation by the way the phrase sounds. You quite clearly used "BS wagon" which as I said, sounds like pushing for a lynch. Pushing for votes sounds to me like asking for pressure.
I'm not talking about MY actions, but THEIR actions. When someone says "Jump on this wagon!" or "More votes here" or anything else like that, what is the difference between it being pushing a wagon and asking for pressure?

Yes. I think he was wagon pushing. I don't like pushing wagons. It makes me mad uncomfortable when players try to manipulate other players into voting with them.
In post 196, Chenoan wrote:
No, I am giving information. And I'm providing reasons form my information. I'm also not fence-sitting
"Random Elyse vs Mario tension is random. Either town v town or maybe forced distancing. I can't decide."
No information, nothing to back up and you're quite clearly fence-sitting. Read #73 by you, there was no real content created.
The information is that the tension seems out of the ordinary to me. So I pointed it out. Because it seemed like relevant, potentially alignment revealing, information.
You keep mentioning that Monkey isn't addressing the arguments on him, but that's all you say. Can you at least quote what he is not responding to? I don't feel like you are trying to scumhunt.
... Okay. Sure. But I already blatantly said I'm referring to the people who
voted for him
that he
didn't acknowledge
until I pointed out that he ignored them. And even then he only responded dismissively.
  • - I vote for Monkey, and give a reason.
  • - Zionite votes for Monkey, and gives a reason.
  • Monkey makes posts & .
  • - I point out Monkey is ignoring the votes.
  • - Monkey acknowledges votes on him by not acknowledging them and being very dismissive.
  • - I point out how absurd that is.
And that's it. Monkey still has not actually acknowledged it at all except to recently say that my reads are bad.

How is no one else seeing how scummy this is? What town motivation is there in ignoring cases on yourself regardless of if you agree with them?
Your questions are useless and lead no where in terms of scumhunting, ISO yourself and read #73.
I know what I posted... I posted it. Just because my Qs did not get the result I want doesn't mean I didn't try.
I have trouble understanding some of the logic you spew. "Easy lynch"? There was no solid case on you until now and there were 2 players who were on L-4 that already had cases pitched against them. Chevre's vote on you didn't even scratch the surface of your case, his reasoning was "gut". If you're going to use word play to try to misrepresent my case, I would recommend you being more subtle about it.
I'm not trying to misrep you, that's just how it looks from my end. I'm always the easy lynch. I should probably learn to separate my games better.
In post 198, Chenoan wrote:Also, Nul. Why didn't you respond to this? Does it weaken your case against me too much so you don't want to bring attention to it?
It's irrelevant. Jmo was claiming he "doesn't typically give out town reads" which could be proven false. You acting jumpy when being voted on in your meta can't be relied on even if I proved it to be false, because people's play styles changes. I suggest you give this a read: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Meta
If people's play styles change, then why is the jmo thing more reliable? You showed a couple games where jmo gave a town read, but one of them was lover's mafia and the context seems different than a normal "oh this player is town" read. So why are those two posts you linked relevant but other meta arguments not?
A "catch up" post should be a followup on your scumreads. I don't see you pursuing your vote on Monkey at all in your recent posts. It seems to me like you are more interested in defending yourself than actual scumhunting.
I was catching up with what had happened in the game that I had missed. And yes, I am defending myself. I like to respond to things that people say to/about me whenever I can. Is that a problem?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #30) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 220, enomis wrote:You totally avoided my question. My question:"WHY IS TOWN V SCUM EXCLUDED". You saying that its either town v town or scum v scum means that you are sure that they are of the SAME ALIGNMENT.
It doesn't mean I'm SURE. It means that that is how that looks to me. If you read the statement I have more confidence in it being Town v Town than I do in it being distancing. But that's just because that's how I read it. Why are you harping on this? O_o I'm really confused as to why it's so significant to you.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #31) » Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Chenoan »

I was really liking ac's entrance. But then this:
In post 220, enomis wrote:Why the overreaction of saying you are found scummy in almost every game? The part about you saying blue yoshi is scummy could be read as a simple mistake and actually reflects well on you. So why do you feel the need to say you are found scummy in almost every game.
The overreaction is a really good point. Now I dunno how I feel on it.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Chenoan »

I'm bad at staying active lately, sorry y'all. I'll catch up ASAP.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Wow. I get overwhlemed by life and there's a hammer? Or is it not a hammer? I've only skimmed at the moment.

Either way, gonna try to actually catch up before twilight ends, if we're in twilight.

If we're not in twilight please ignore the idiotic rambling of this post.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Chenoan »

... my top scum read was wrong.
... re-evaluating everything. Back later after I figure out my life.

And by that I mean I'm gonna try to re-read the thread to make sense of my reads.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Chenoan »

This whole SK vs vig thing is confusing to me. I kinda understand it, but I've made dumb comments before too and it wasn't scum based.
In post 343, enomis wrote:Think its something like a 1-shot vig though.
Did you just softclaim a killing role?
I was townreading you yesterday, but that makes me really nervous.

Elyse's comments make sense to me, but I'm also hella suspicious because she was pushing the wagon on KBW yesterday. Then again I was on the Monkey wagon. I guess just because someone's read was wrong doesn't mean they're scum.. but... and scum would probably just go along with whatever seemed easiest? Unless she was trying to earn towncred by defending someone she knew would flip town and pushing a wagon she didn't think would go through...
In post 348, Diabolik wrote:I"M A TOWN PR.. THis is way i lie low...
My power can be used 2 times... this np will be the last time i can use it... SO i don't mind claiming and i don't ask for protection.. i was trying to get killed on n1 so i didn't give my fos and what over.
People who is voting me is prob mafia.. hunting for indi to get town credit.
Why are you like.. half-claiming? There's not even an actual wagon on you. Also, if you're actually a PR then why don't you want protection? Am I missing something here...? O_o

Elyse's re-vote to jmo doesn't make sense... But probably because there's no posted reasoning for it.
@Elyse: Why the vote change?
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Okay let's try this again. This time with reasons blatantly next to each name so that people get less mad at me :oops:

>>TOWNISH

Chevre - Honestly this is mainly PoE. I can't see anyone he'd be scum with.
enomis - carryover from yesterday. Also he didn't jump on the Monkey wagon, which makes it seem like he's actually scumhunting.
Diabolik - His daystart is really off to me, but his predecessor was my top townread... :/ giving the benefit of the doubt for now.
ac1983fan - very cool headed and seems to be trying to scumhunt. That said his vote on KBW was misplaced too...
Elyse - The random push on KBW ended up being bad, but I still agree with a lot of her points... My head is saying town, my gut is saying scum.
mario and lugi - less confident in my townread... his cheerleading of the Monkey lynch was weird, but I only see it as weird in hindsight... so... not as scummy as some players, but not trusting fully either.
Nul - his daystart is really random. This isn't RVS, why the vote?
jmo16mla - his lie about playstyle has me nervous. He mainly just cheer-led yesterday. I also don't see it as possible that the monkey lynch got through without scum on it, like others have said.
Hoopla - mainly based off &
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Chenoan »

.... O_o i dunno what happened to my bbcode there. sorry about that.

Also upon re-reading that post right now I did a lot of pronoun misplacement. Really sorry about that, too.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:02 am

Post by Chenoan »

Diabolik's - ... I don't even. I don't actually think there was a n0 in the game. was there? Like... what? Did I miss something? Unless you're referring to..
In post 0, SoraAdvent wrote:SoraAdvent, Town Governor has been killed Night 0.
But that was just game flavor, wasn't it?
Why has no one else commented on this?

M&L's - uhm. you're not the only player who fucked up man. We all did. What's with the whole taking all the blame thing? It reads like an AtE to cover from suspicion that's not even really on you right now. So what gives?
In post 371, enomis wrote:No didn't softclaim anything.
Then what's with the random guess at an X-shot vig?

This combined with Diabolik's claim of an X-shot vig (yea, enomis said 1 and Diabolik said 2, but still) has me weirded out. Are x-shot vigs all that common on this site that no one else finds these two statements to be at ALL awkwardly convenient?

Ohmygod this game has me more paranoid right now at this moment than any game I've ever been in. o.o
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:20 am

Post by Chenoan »

In post 377, Nul wrote:@Chenoan, read . My vote wasn't a random vote, I just wanted to see how he would react but I've already told you guys I have scumreads on Jmo already. Seriously, you are picking up on useless things and I don't like how you are ignoring the cases that were made against you in D1 by pretending to be oblivious.
Okay, sorry. I need to stop trying to be witty, it never seems to translate well here. What confused me was why the suddent push on jmo in voting. End of the day yesterday your vote was on me, and you seemed content with the MM lynch. All you had on jmo was a FoS, even though you posted that case against him. Then today you're suddenly voting for him with no explanation as to why he was a more compelling vote now than he was the day before. You've given some of that now, but only after being pressured for it and a lot of it is the same stuff you presented yesterday.
The way you keep giving out lists of reads is scummy as hell. I don't think it is something a town would do, it just looks like you are trying really hard to pretend like you are contributing content. Your list of reads doesn't help us at all and just serves as a kill list for mafia.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4845977
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4851863
K 2 things here. 1) I'm sorry if you dislike the way I post my reads? It helps me get my thoughts organized and keep them that way. I've heard from some players its bad, and others that it's fine. Overall it seems pretty neutral. And I have yet to see the mafia use my read list as a hitlist. All the list is is a concise compilation of all the things that other people post scattered about.

Second, what's with the links to a different player's posts in one of my former games? Yea, the scum did it in that game, but I was doing it first there. And other townies followed similar posting patterns. So what's with picking those specific posts to link without giving any context whatsoever?

Can people in this game please stop making me question my reads every 5 seconds? x.x
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Chenoan »

Sorry y'all. I've been mad slacking on this site lately. x.x No motivation.

Uhm. A lot of posts happened between my last post and now. I'm going to try to read as fast as possible, but yea. Back after reading.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”