Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #0) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:32 am

Post by syugar »

In post 36, catboi wrote:
In post 27, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: Bella

Take this as an encouragement to not play in the safe non-commital way you did last game, even if that's just your playstyle.
I advise not jumping down someone's throat just because you don't like their playstyle. We're here to play a game on the internet, let's be nice.

I don't see scum opening the game this way, though?
What? You don't seem them opening the game that way because why?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 72, Asphodelus wrote:I dont think there's any reaction tests at the given moment. A lot of its just trying to find out what's going on right?

At the moment though, it feels like there's a whole lot of nothing being said so:

VOTE: syugar Im going down my lurker list, and both the old one and the replacement havent said anything yet.
VOTE: Asphodelus
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 73, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 58, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:VOTE: numbers

I don't like how you've been playing the returning player card since the start of the game.
Honestly, fair criticism. I've been talking too much about my past experiences about Mafia and too little about
the actual game that's going on right now.
VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
"Honestly fair" or "fair enough" is always scum! Apologize for the appearance of your game and mold it to our wishes!
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Sun May 01, 2022 5:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 76, catboi wrote:
In post 71, goodmorning wrote:@catboi: I did elaborate later in the same post, in response to Cat. What makes you qualify one vote as early game pressure? I would tend to feel that early game pressure RE: votes would require, like, E-2 in a Micro sized game, and it's clear that you didn't feel pressured by my vote here.
Ah, my bad for missing that, I really wasn't paying close attention when I was reading up because I was still tired.

In general I think of any vote as some form of pressure if there's a measure of seriousness behind it.
In post 62, goodmorning wrote:I didn't like 17 specifically. There were a couple reasons for this but they all boil down to it feeling manufactured. The conversation with Ash and numbers feels like manufactured friendliness; the "oh, I feel like I'm stagnating" feels like manufactured concern, and the vote on Bella feels like a manufactured attempt to push for towncred by pushing away from RVS in an appropriately RV-friendly way.

Of course, feelings are the ultimate YMMV, but it's unusual for everything in an early post to ping me that way.
Ah, perfectly understandable. I tend to play RVS in newbie games differently because I sort of what to project a different image here as being helpful, rather than being more aggressive as that's more prone to being misinterpreted. I am aware that too much idle conversation tends to make a game stagnate, though, and so I wanted to try to do
something
We don't need the ICs talking about the theory of mafia, you already know how to play. Just thread bloat.

goodmornings read is pretty thin to the point that it looks fake and he alrdy knew that because he described it as the ultimate YMMV, he isn't even interested in defending it if someone pushes back on it. Interesting
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:37 am

Post by syugar »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS??? And those were the only 4 things deemed relevant for discussion??????

@catboi: I guess we have ~philosophical differences~ then. Kind of a boring answer to that but that's life. It is interesting to see you admit that you're trying (or did try? Unclear to me how much of an ongoing thing this is going to be for you in this game yet?) to project helpfulness, and I think that's another thing I'm going to have to sit with for a bit.

@syugar: RE: :
1. You literally quoted, in the same post, catboi admitting that I was at least correct that the helpfulness/friendliness was at least partially manufactured, so clearly my read did have some actual substance to it.
2. Speaking of actual substance, how much of that do you actually expect to see in literally post 21?
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
4. Consider this me defending your pushback, which is clearly based on
lies and slander.
There's nothing substantive about pointing out random posts as being manufactured. I wouldn't even consider it something that helps people get out of RVS, because you inevitably fall back on "it's the VIBES" so discussions cannot go anywhere. I don't really like the approach.

Which parts were lies and slander? You're admitting that your read is thin in this very post in point #2 which confirms everything that I said.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 82, Bellaphant wrote:@syu, how strong should reads be on page 3?
Usually not very, but I see two people that I want to lynch already.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:41 am

Post by syugar »

In post 81, goodmorning wrote:The beetlejuice tell is not a thing, but.......... then the OMGUS?
The progression to voting me doesn't make sense. There's nothing being said, so you vote the person who has not and shows no signs of coming to the thread? Why?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:45 am

Post by syugar »

Also, forgive the confusion, but I'm going to change my avatar. Uploaded this one three years ago, don't like it anymore.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:48 am

Post by syugar »

In post 87, catboi wrote:
In post 84, syugar wrote:
FYI, the site has phased out the usage of the term "lynch" and it's no longer allowed to be used in games. use another term instead, "eliminate" is the standard for newbie games.
Sorry about that, it's been a while. I'll try to avoid it, although it's very much in my muscle memory to type.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 89, catboi wrote:The voting someone and immediately picking a fight with them because of not liking their playstyle. Does them no favors and is more likely to make enemies, no real point to it. I know he said the vote was RVS after so the point isn't as strong but it's there.
Shrug

If you give their scum game zero credit whatsoever, sure

They seem to be new so why not

Those types of playstyle pushes are easier to sustain as scum > town because the reasons don't actually have to map on to things happening in the gamestate
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
Hahaha. I try to act reserved at the start, but I am a bit of a bull in the china shop.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Sun May 01, 2022 6:57 am

Post by syugar »

If I stay online the thread will reach 20 pages and the new players will have a tough time, so I think I'm just going to pop in one or twice a day. See you later.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Sun May 01, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 94, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 84, syugar wrote:
Cool, who?

@catboi, really? This is screaming playstyle, not anything to do with a desire to solve.
Both of my votes were srs
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Sun May 01, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 95, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Syugar
You want to hang me for an RVS vote?
I don't think I said so. Where did you get that idea?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #14) » Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 97, goodmorning wrote:Literally point 1 demonstrates that my read has been admitted to contain at least one accurate component but go ahead and keep not reading I guess! It's a lie to say there was nothing to it and it's also a lie to say discussion about it can't go anywhere because I feel like this one sure is! If you have a better page 1 approach than just saying "here is a thing I found mildly scummy" then I would sure love to hear what it is!

What makes you think I was making a deliberate move to exit RVS rather than, I don't know, maybe trying to establish some reads for myself?
I think you're misunderstanding why I disliked your post ("thin to the point that it looks fake" doesn't necessarily mean everything that you said was inaccurate; posting thin and irrelevant fluff like that just gives off the appearance that you're trying to push the game along when you aren't doing anything), but I admit that I was inarticulate.

I don't get the second point. What's the difference? I assume a serious response was necessary towards the development of your reads, given that you... posted them in the thread, and I just don't see a townie thinking that they'd get any good info from what you wrote.
In post 97, goodmorning wrote:Why did it take you this long to come up with an explanation for your naked OMGUS vote?
It didn't. I had reasons for voting when I voted. The point of you asking this "question" is to imply things. Aggressive things.
In post 97, goodmorning wrote:syugar appears to be trying to take on the "I'm right and everyone should follow me, do not question me at any time, I am the town leader" role, which I strongly distrust,
especially
in the context of a Newbie game, where people don't necessarily have any experience of this kind of playstyle. It's also just obnoxious tbh, there's only one player I've ever enjoyed seeing do anything like this and he doesn't play here anymore.
Sorry if it came off that way, I'm just stating my opinion. Didn't mean to bring some ghosts back from the past for you.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #15) » Sun May 01, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 98, goodmorning wrote:
In post 81, goodmorning wrote:
@syugar: RE: :
3. Are you saying that your feelings are, in fact, facts? Because I can definitely tell you that's not how that works.
Actually also @syugar: you missed a question. Are your feelings facts? Inquiring minds wish to know!!
That's just petty. You don't like how I play, but you're being needlessly passive aggressive yourself.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #16) » Sun May 01, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 101, Bellaphant wrote:I'm sad noone has asked me who I was previously but am now not town reading. Or guessed.
I guessed catboi. Who was it and why have you changed your mind?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:50 am

Post by syugar »

In post 135, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:Syguars enterance is interesting to me, the agressiveness has been townread by a few ppl and I would caution against this. I really want to read it for alignment but I'm not familiar with sygars playstyle. I know his enterance is probably/definitely what I would have done in the same situation as scum, but that's my specific playstyle so I don't know if it applys in this situation.
Opinion seems recycled from other people somehow? Doesn't feel right. Am I reading right that your scumgame would be quite aggressive and that informs this read, when your presented towngame here is quite passive? I don't often see people oscillate that much between alignment when it comes to approach. Do you have any finished scum games to read?

Everything else I cut from the post wasn't worth talking about
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:53 am

Post by syugar »

In post 145, Bellaphant wrote:My issue was I didn't like syugars posting, then I didn't like GM's response, then I didn't like how catboi called syugars posting town! I'm liking catbois progression much more.
Yeah he's posting the good

I don't know goodmorning's tendencies so I dunno if they're in the scumpile yet (scoping it out) but I noted his 'defense' seeming more aggressive than such

Ur townread on ash degrading makes sense to me too, not hot on them either
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #19) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 116, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I think I need to read some ISO's but right now tentative TRs on Goldfish, Goodmorning, and Notajumble (though i would like them to post some more)
All three: why.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #20) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:57 am

Post by syugar »

Nvm im bad at reading
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #21) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:58 am

Post by syugar »

Okay people are talking about goldfishes scumgame in the thread so im just gonna go iso it instead of asking dumb questions mb just woke up
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #22) » Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 am

Post by syugar »

In post 154, goodmorning wrote:If you think tone reads are "thin and irrelevant fluff", why aren't you picking up on catboi for reading aggression as Town? What makes scumreading fakeness fluff, but townreading aggression not fluff?
I commented on his TR on (I think T02?) for being light and explained why I disagreed, and it was for... similar reasons to the read on me. So I kinda did do that; the reason I didn't comment on the read he made about
me
is that I'm not one to comment on reads about myself, I prefer to let other people navigate them. Unless I see something very interesting.

I think you believe that I'm pushing on you harder than I am. I think the way you handled this situation looks worse than the original thing that I commented on.
Actually, now that I write it with that wording, "fakeness" rather than "manufactured-ness", we come to... you scumreading me for fakeness, which is hilariously hypocritical.

Which makes it the towniest thing you've said/done all game, actually.
I don't follow this, sorry?
Yes? My response to aggression is usually aggression. If you had reasoning for the vote at the time, why wouldn't you just say it?
My opening was intentional, and I don't like to explain things like this but to clear the air with you: I felt like nothing interesting was going on, and that people weren't interested, so having people meet me for the dialogue about why I think "x, y, z" is more important than expositing everything instantly.
I was being petty but I do also want to know what your stance is on gut reads, tone reads, reads based on feelings, etc. My opinion is that they're good and useful, but also the most likely to cause disagreements, because feelings are completely subjective.
I don't really use them myself, but this game has a lot of strategies and I like when people do whatever they want. When it comes to elimination time I don't like when people are just wagoned to their deaths for tonal reasons because I feel like it's rand.
Meant to say this in my previous post but I have a decent TR on Numbers atm. Most posts seem to be looking at the game from a Town perspective.
Can you explain more? I didn't see, like... solving or trying-to-solve content from him, just RVS niceties.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #23) » Mon May 02, 2022 6:36 am

Post by syugar »

Feeling lazy this morning, promise I'll put in some legwork soon.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #24) » Mon May 02, 2022 6:54 am

Post by syugar »

In post 157, goodmorning wrote:I'm a little surprised, after reading the full page I'm still stuck on full null on Goldfish. I'm pretty underwhelmed by the reads post, none of them feel super original with the exception of the T02 read I guess?
I felt the same, it looked like thread consensus regurgitation to me. Still need to read some other games, which I loathe to do. Take your time, by the way.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #25) » Mon May 02, 2022 6:56 am

Post by syugar »

Need more from lowposters in general because I'm not really feeling like voting any of the highposters at the moment but my instincts among lowposters are probably also rand
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:02 am

Post by syugar »

bellaphant 140 was also weird I didn't think that post was particularly good but whatever
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #27) » Mon May 02, 2022 7:30 am

Post by syugar »

In post 161, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 105, syugar wrote: I don't think I said so. Where did you get that idea?
You said you wanted to hang two people and I tought it safe to assume one of them was me given what you were talking about at the time. If not then who are those two people and why?
Those that I've voted, I've brusquely explained both

So much in the thread and you only come back to these interactions that are tangentially related to your own slot. What are your thoughts on everything else?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #28) » Mon May 02, 2022 9:51 am

Post by syugar »

In post 164, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 135, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I'll share a few thoughts be aware that most of these are not based on much though,

Syguars enterance is interesting to me, the agressiveness has been townread by a few ppl and I would caution against this. I really want to read it for alignment but I'm not familiar with sygars playstyle. I know his enterance is probably/definitely what I would have done in the same situation as scum, but that's my specific playstyle so I don't know if it applys in this situation.

Bellaphant and good morning both give me townie vibes, but I couldn't exactly tell you the reason why.

T02 is pure null, possibly scum for lack of content but I don't want to say that because it's kind of hypocritical considering my low post volume.

Cat boi is also null, they've made some posts I agree with and some I definitely don't so I'm not sure.
This reads post isn't awful? I mean I'm not tr-ing GM yet and both catboi and syugar have gone up my trs since this point.

When people are saying the t02 read is slightly against consensuses, can they explain that a little? I've had beer.
Just seems regurgitated, and the T02 townread which is the fresh part doesn't make sense to me
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #29) » Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 am

Post by syugar »

oh nvm lmao i mixed them up with someone else
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #30) » Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 am

Post by syugar »

but saying someone is pure null isnt really inspiring
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #31) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 am

Post by syugar »

In post 171, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 169, syugar wrote:but saying someone is pure null isnt really inspiring
Do you expect all my reads to be "inspiring"?

This early in the game most players are a null, if I was giving solid town and scum reads on most of the playerlist that wouldn't make sense considering the lack of information, and would be a scum tell for me.
Can you link a game in which you were scum? I can't use the search feature, broken.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #32) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 am

Post by syugar »

In post 170, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 168, syugar wrote:oh nvm lmao i mixed them up with someone else

Can you clarify?
Just manifested a townread into her post
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #33) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:49 am

Post by syugar »

In post 172, Cat.Jpeg wrote:Sorry for not posting for a while. I will start contributing to the game again in 11 hrs. Goldfishes reads are kinda like nothing but i dont blame her.
How long will we say this?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #34) » Tue May 03, 2022 4:55 am

Post by syugar »

You let people float on by and say that it's understandable they haven't done anything, and now I'm having issues finding any townreads at all.

VOTE: Takemikazuchi02

Despite the thread blowing up, all of T02's recent posts are just about himself. When asked about the rest of the thread, didn't even respond.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #35) » Tue May 03, 2022 6:17 am

Post by syugar »

In post 179, Bellaphant wrote:Tbf t02 did identify they were coasting and being a bit rubbish.
And?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #36) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:Ok, let's get some 'progress'

Questions for the group: did the catjoeg/goldfish chat look sus to anyone else? Why?
Is catboi pocketing me?
To all who played in our last newbie: who's different? Who's the same? Does that mean anything?
Is anyone scum reading syugar?
You should say what you mean instead of asking leading questions.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #37) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 196, Asphodelus wrote:I apologize, I haven't really been lurking. I just dont feel like I've anything _to_ contribute. It doesn't seem like there's much to state for any actual reason right now, and I don't relaly townsread anyone too hardly. Everything feels random, and I dont really know what's going on. There's no analysis, the games quiet, and most posts are discussions thereof.
The vast majority of posts are just 'people' should post more.

You know what? Heck it.

I need something to happen to talk about, and everyone is quiet since everyone is playing safe.

VOTE: T02
E-2

There, that should bring some discussion in.
Is that because you think T02 is scum or are you just totally lost?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #38) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 181, goodmorning wrote:So it was, in essence, you looking for a reaction by naked voting there. But then why did you change your vote in the next post and dilute the impact?
Saw something else I wanted to vote for. Left the votes like bookmarks for later, I guess.
It's like half vibes from back in the IC days, but the other half is this:
- I like the testing of the waters with the question about making assumptions. I would have liked it more if he dug in further RE: if our responses made him feel any kind of reads, but still.
- I also like the reaction to the T02 vote. It was a very newbTown way of looking at it (what the heck is this?) - Scum there I think would have either ignored the vote completely or tried to stir up trouble by asking for more details.
- points out that voting a slot that's not around to see the vote is odd.
So far he's primarily been very inwardly focused, which is NAI at this stage imo. I wouldn't say this is anything close to a lock read, but I do see more Town here than otherwise.
That actually makes sense to me. I might be triggered by his playstyle quirks, want to vote other people than him for now.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #39) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 182, Bellaphant wrote:Catboi: I am aware I may have been pocketed
I don't think he's been going out of his way to butter you up, strategically.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #40) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 198, Asphodelus wrote:My issue is that making statements about calling people out or just discussing isn't inherently town. Scum tells tend to be informed knowledge, whereas Town is acting in interest of information. The issue is on Day 1, almost everyone is uninformed, and we're not better than throwing a dart at a board and seeing what sticks. Im interested in knowing if people will vote for T02, or back off. Ive nothing to go on but experimentation, after all.
Can't tell if scummy or personality
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #41) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by syugar »

Oh my gosh, nevermind.

VOTE: Asphodelus

The posts are way too self-conscious and awkward. Looks like an inability to produce content.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #42) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by syugar »

viewtopic.php?t=89112&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Tell me this isn't polarized from Aspho, I think I'm good here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #43) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 207, syugar wrote:
In post 201, Bellaphant wrote:Ok, let's get some 'progress'

Questions for the group: did the catjoeg/goldfish chat look sus to anyone else? Why?
Is catboi pocketing me?
To all who played in our last newbie: who's different? Who's the same? Does that mean anything?
Is anyone scum reading syugar?
You should say what you mean instead of asking leading questions.
I read the thread backwards, I rescind this. Was a dickish thing to say.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #44) » Tue May 03, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by syugar »

May we have a votecount? I'm lost.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #45) » Tue May 03, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 220, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 213, syugar wrote:viewtopic.php?t=89112&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Tell me this isn't polarized from Aspho, I think I'm good here
I dont wanna read anymore, pls give specific examples. my head hurts
You can just skim the first page, it's quite obvious
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #46) » Wed May 04, 2022 7:57 am

Post by syugar »

In post 236, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I consider lurking to be very scummy and unless someone is exceptionally scummy in other ways we should hang a lurker day 1. Its not lazy justification this is how I play.
We shall not be doing that this game
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #47) » Wed May 04, 2022 7:57 am

Post by syugar »

In my opinion
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #48) » Wed May 04, 2022 7:58 am

Post by syugar »

In post 226, catboi wrote:Would be very surprised if cat.jpeg was mafia at this point.
Very surprised? Why?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #49) » Wed May 04, 2022 8:01 am

Post by syugar »

The long deadlines on MS always hit me really bad

I think my d1 vote is pretty much decided unless revelatory information comes out

Feel free to ask me direct questions else I'm just going to coast
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #50) » Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 248, catboi wrote:I don't think Ash's lack of activity is alignment indicative, unfortunately. I do think she could be scum as some of the votes she made while she was active in the game were extremely puzzling to me.
Not feeling other votes anymore and don't want to take a jab at the ICs yet, so I'm a bit lost

But yeah, at this point I dunno it may be rand

I'll think about things when we get some new content from subs I guess
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #51) » Wed May 04, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by syugar »

Fwiw I still think Asphodel's posts show inability to produce rather than lack of time

These sub hell games are lame af though
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #52) » Thu May 05, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by syugar »

I'm bored
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #53) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:58 am

Post by syugar »

In post 293, goodmorning wrote:What makes you think there's a case on this earth strong enough to convince 4 other people to vote catboi with me today? Bella TRs him too hard, he won't vote himself, T02 is annoyed with me, and Ash's slot needs replacement, so I would have to convince all of you (maybe doable, since you SR him), Goldfish (no idea), Tidus (no idea), and syugar (prefers own opinions). I don't see that happening.

That's what I meant in my last post when I said the timing wasn't right. Making a push that fizzles often worsens the odds of ever getting your wagon through. People will remember that it didn't work, and then you start to get the "are you still going with that" and the "will you talk about something else already".
This was addressed to whom?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #54) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am

Post by syugar »

@goodmorning I don't know how I feel about lynching catboi right now, or yourself. I have mixed feelings on both and I'm not sure how to parse them right now. Flips won't help either.

Aspho slot seems likely for a hit, Goldfish I still need to see a scum game for (which nobody has shown/linked me, unfortunately) but without meta I assume that slot is also a likely hit. I would lynch these slots over the ICs today. I am aware they don't give us a lot of information, but at the least I feel like an Aspho scum flip would exonerate T02 (E-2 your partner during a stagnant day is like "queens moving backwards" in chess, for someone w/ a polarized scum game I don't expect this to be intuitive.)

T02 is also trending up for me in terms of towniness as the game percolates and he's finding his groove.

As I said I think Aspho was simply polarized so it's gonna be hard for me to lynch anyone else.

Anyways, don't want to lynch an IC today, maybe tomorrow after they post more? Voting the most active slots won't help us much with info either - keep in mind most people lack hardline stances and the game itself is fairly null, so this will just deprive us of a highposter d2

Don't know how to read cat jpeg, but wouldn't townread him.

Bella I sorted as town a while ago from the lackadaisical and plain question-hunt approach (tough to explain?), will revisit it only if sorely needed later in the game.

Those are all of my thoughts. Keep in mind, I haven't mentioned this yet, my d1 accuracy is historically quite low so I'm not going to campaign super hard for my own lynches. So long as I'm not hard townreading the lynch candidate I'm down with whatever we agree on - not as much of a hardass as my personality lets on. It's just how I post and how things come out... after playing for a while, I became quite assertive and confident, tend to magnetize the table like that.

Does that help anyone? Feel like I'm missing a sulcus.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #55) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:27 am

Post by syugar »

No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

@Tidus of the X: Off topic, but what gameFAQs boards do you use? Back when I was on GameFAQs I used Random Insanity quite a lot. Good times. Gotta be like 13 years ago though.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #56) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am

Post by syugar »

In post 294, goodmorning wrote:Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.
More or less the same.

You had Asphodelus low on your scumlist. I noticed you had played with her previously. Do you feel this polarization to the same extent I do? Why haven't you jumped on it? Was the beginning of this game drastically different in terms of pace and amount of content from the game that you two had previously played?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #57) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:41 am

Post by syugar »

Really not accustomed to these types of deadlines anymore xD one week is crazy
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #58) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 310, catboi wrote:
In post 307, syugar wrote:No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

@Tidus of the X: Off topic, but what gameFAQs boards do you use? Back when I was on GameFAQs I used Random Insanity quite a lot. Good times. Gotta be like 13 years ago though.
I posted on LUE >_>

kind of funny how infamous it was 20 years ago and how
quaint
it seems now.

(I also played a mafia game back on CE back when I first started out. I drew mafia, had no idea what to say, made it to f7 somehow but then the whole team got outed)
reg? You typing so weird
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #59) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 311, catboi wrote:also watch it with the L word, please
Yeah my bad
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #60) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 312, Tidus of the X wrote:
In post 307, syugar wrote:No feels on Tidus yet. Have read the posts, nothing coming to me

I post on many boards, but I usually just play forum games on GameFAQs. The only one I really use for discussion is a relatively new board called Seven Social Club. I play Mafia on board 8 AKA GameFAQs contests. Btw my first and third game was mafia where I survived the first(one of my teammates somehow got no votes) but I died on day 1 third game
fo sho

I'm not surprised it's still active (maybe a bit) but wow
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #61) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 320, the worst wrote:
In post 90, catboi wrote:syugar seems like obvious town though, so that's a start. Bringing the jolt this game needed.
nvm I dig this

VOTE: cat.jpeg
Really? That was so amazing?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #62) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 324, catboi wrote:
In post 317, syugar wrote:
In post 310, catboi wrote:

I posted on LUE >_>

kind of funny how infamous it was 20 years ago and how
quaint
it seems now.

(I also played a mafia game back on CE back when I first started out. I drew mafia, had no idea what to say, made it to f7 somehow but then the whole team got outed)
reg? You typing so weird
jfc who the hell are you
ahahah in this thread I actally cant say but...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #63) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 327, the worst wrote:
In post 252, syugar wrote:
In post 248, catboi wrote:I don't think Ash's lack of activity is alignment indicative, unfortunately. I do think she could be scum as some of the votes she made while she was active in the game were extremely puzzling to me.
Not feeling other votes anymore and don't want to take a jab at the ICs yet, so I'm a bit lost
burn them to the ground

do you think all of the SE slots are town or is this a method thing?
Ah, I thought it was IC not SE, dunno why I switched those in my head.

Not necessarily, although I have a townread on Bella. Just don't think it yields good fruit today.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #64) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by syugar »

hmm damn that was a decent entrance
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #65) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 335, catboi wrote:
In post 328, syugar wrote:ahahah in this thread I actally cant say but...
Oh wait, were you someone from EM? (you don't have to say who, just yes/no). If so, I
think
I know who you are.
In post 329, syugar wrote:Ah, I thought it was IC not SE, dunno why I switched those in my head.
There used to be an IC ("Inexperience Challenged") category for players in newbie games but they did away with it a few years ago due to difficulty in getting it to fill.
Ya
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #66) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 337, catboi wrote:okay, hahahaha

1. i'm shocked you're still playing mafia and on ms no less
2. i have almost definitely been underestimating your range to this point

but, uh, good to see you again!
I am in therapy
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #67) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by syugar »

And also yeah

I understood your PoV more or less townreading newbie slots early game after a while
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #68) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 339, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 306, syugar wrote:Goldfish I still need to see a scum game for (which nobody has shown/linked me, unfortunately) but without meta I assume that slot is also a likely hit.
She has no scum games on this site. I have played with her when she was scum before but I cant send you a link. What I can say is one time (in a closed game) she and her mafia partner pretended her partner was a detective who had detected her as anti town. Then she claimed survivor and asked town to not vote for her. It didn't work but I believed them. They didn't really need to do this though because she wasn't about to be voted out or being heavily sussed anyway, at least that i can remember. (we played very casual games) That might give you an idea of what scum her is like? She would have definitely changed how she plays on this site though.
No, just the way the thread is approached, how they act early game, how they make reads, etc

This game barely has PRs and is open so that kind of info would be useless even if she were still here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #69) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 342, the worst wrote:syugar is being assertive at the expense of charisma, which is why i kinda townbinned them. do you think that falls comfortably within syugar's scumrange ?
I just literally can't not act like that, no matter how often I try to change it up

Just NAI
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #70) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by syugar »

People would probably just say that I'm not polar, although I am polar but in different ways than you'd see in RVS or on day 1
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #71) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by syugar »

Enough of that though...

Still relatively frozen, need to see what the third sub comes in with
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #72) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by syugar »

mm..... why not
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #73) » Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 348, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I don't have the same opinions anymore but I still think goldfish's slot is town. I townread GM for steering the game but also townread goldfish for
not
steering the game because i know goldfish. I dont think steering the game is scummy in general unless it seems forced which GM didnt.
Steering
the game where and how? Did you see #294:
In post 294, goodmorning wrote:Tl;dr: I only push a wagon hard if 1. I think it will go through or 2. I have a ride or die scumread that I'm 100% on.

This game is not those atm.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #74) » Fri May 06, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by syugar »

I don't think I wanna elim the cat...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #75) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by syugar »

Subject to change with game reading I'm going to do later. Posts look good though

Still leaning towards voting theworst atm

Wasn't hot on Aspho in the first place, post 320 feels performative and strange, caveats about catboi only being jpeg's partner in the readslist feel inorganic, don't understand the reasoning why he thinks NAJON/Tidus is "just scum", don't understand how all of the SEs (and myself) mark the top of his readslist while all of the new players have more or less not been sorted or lean scummy which is usually the exact opposite of how you towncircle these games - you go for ranges you feel are smaller first

No regard from the goldfish meta from other players though I did agree with the gut placing of Goldfish low

confbiased? hell ya
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #76) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by syugar »

T02 is probably threadspewed town in any case, these slots that are "likely to contain scum" have voted him or singled him out for being self-involved, nobody else has been laser-targeted as such for a lack of content
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #77) » Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by syugar »

^ May be literally untrue but hopefully people are seeing what I see
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #78) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 363, the worst wrote:
In post 359, syugar wrote:T02 is probably threadspewed town in any case, these slots that are "likely to contain scum" have voted him or singled him out for being self-involved, nobody else has been laser-targeted as such for a lack of content
the opposite of this is why NAJON/Tidus is fairly central to my poe tbh
I have a hard time understanding why this methodology for this table, picking a mislynch on such a slot with these types of inferences is way more committal than picking a townread and can just waste so much more time & resources
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #79) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 364, the worst wrote:I like, get why you say that with your reads, I think we're just in very different places rn. it's not you, it's me. I don't think I'm ready to share reads with someone as great as you.
Don't say this...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #80) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 362, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:My top elim choices atm are Tidus because he hasn't contributed anything and doesn't seem like he wants to and either goodmorning or catboi because if either of them flips red it would clear the other.
Do you believe either of them to be red in the first place? What if they're green?

If we eliminate Tidus and he is green, then what?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #81) » Fri May 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 365, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:What does threadspewed mean?
Activity in the thread can clue people into your alignment, although we lack the flips. If normal spew is someone's flip clearing other players, threadspew is where we use the overall flow of the game instead of a flip in order to narrow our elim pool.

Obviously, this can go pretty wrong because you're assuming a lot, but...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #82) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:59 am

Post by syugar »

In post 371, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 355, the worst wrote:i wonder if i'm better tackling this a different way - who do you think we should be eliminating in the next 48 hours?
I dont have many strong opinions on this. I'd be fine voting bella, the worst, and catboi or gm (though I think we could leave those 2 for later). I'm
okay
with voting for tidus but if they flip town its not gonna be very helpful and im pretty much null on the slot (and would feel bad because its his first game.)
Huh

You were townreading gm though?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #83) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:14 am

Post by syugar »

In post 383, goodmorning wrote:I don't love that 2 slots now seem to think that 2 people scumreading each other MUST be 1 scum 1 town.
I don't either, but I thought you'd welcome it
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #84) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:18 am

Post by syugar »

Yeah, I don't see a newer scum's elim choices being all of the people with the most content/thread sway, scum also tends to pick one or two people for elims instead of naming the whole table which is usually inefficient and doesn't give off the best table image *shrug*
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #85) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:19 am

Post by syugar »

I gut sorted the jpeg as a kinda lost townie a few pages ago
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #86) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:20 am

Post by syugar »

In post 375, Bellaphant wrote:Ugh, also, t02 is town. Again!
Ya I don't think anyone (or a viable number of people)'s looking to elim T02 today seriuosly
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #87) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:22 am

Post by syugar »

"Hmm there's pressure on me, so the way to get out of this is to FoS literally everyone who's posting (one of whom is Bella who is like, consensus TRed by everyone else)"???

Doesn't look self pres enough
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #88) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 am

Post by syugar »

In post 396, Bellaphant wrote:@catboi, that's really not what I'm saying? I feel their whole vibe just lacks direction The stuff you occasionally pick out from him as being 'towny' doesn't actually feel like content at all. I guess I can see that pointing out that you are doing a thing you maybe identified as scummy at least looks like critical thinking but ....so what? To what end? Is there any follow up to see if you wall post more as town than scum? It lacks drive.

P-edit.... I kind of get what you two are saying but like....you seem to be holding fairly high standards for 'newb scum woukd do this' and letting a lot go under 'newb town'. *Shrug* maybe I'm a dick though.
It's possible I'm incorrectly making a lot of assumptions, but it's a really inefficient and un-intuitive angle to take as scum, and as a rule of thumb the population as a whole rarely does this when they're scum (lists like 5 people to vote)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #89) » Sat May 07, 2022 8:13 am

Post by syugar »

I see what you mean by lacking drive to solve at the same time Bella, so I'm in pieces I guess
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #90) » Sat May 07, 2022 8:16 am

Post by syugar »

This is one of the weirder game states I've been in the past few years, but I think this game is still manageable if we focus on finding townies and not Mislimming them. I think ur intuition on t02 is correct so there is one, and I see ur insights as being real too, but todays vote is really really hard (I can see confirmation bias in my own vote)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #91) » Sat May 07, 2022 8:16 am

Post by syugar »

We also have PRs which will help haha
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #92) » Sat May 07, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by syugar »

There is no deadline. We will be in d1 forever.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #93) » Sat May 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by syugar »

im just built different gg
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #94) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by syugar »

that is as of yet undetermined cause im not sure if im right about you in the first place
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #95) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by syugar »

And this table is too hard
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #96) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 412, the worst wrote:I mean you're voting me which means you're wrong about me regardless. who is explicitly outside of your poe?
t02 bella maybe cat but unsure
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #97) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 413, catboi wrote:I'm not remotely convinced Tidus is mafia but might vote there for the sake of game health at this point.

(I am in a not great headspace today so don't want to read up/respond in full - hopefully tomorrow will be better)
i think its pointless
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #98) » Sat May 07, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by syugar »

But you guys can vote whoever you want, not really hung up on d1
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #99) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by syugar »

So we have 3 MORE days? Ugh... Lmao
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #100) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by syugar »

Can we maj someone in the next 24 hours?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #101) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by syugar »

AAAHHH!!!!
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #102) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by syugar »

I'd rather not discuss what replacements mean in context of the game in any way
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #103) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 427, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 420, syugar wrote:Can we maj someone in the next 24 hours?
Do you have preferences on who that someone is?
if I was the dictator prolly worst cuz I'm voting him now and have ran everything else in my head about 100 times without finding anything else satisfactory
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #104) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 430, the worst wrote:mmmm what's your plan of attack when I flip town and someone really obvious dies at night? I know this is a really two dimensional question but untiered reads without contingencies strike me as pretty likely to not find scum with this playerlist
continue fleshing out townread poe and see what happens with the prs
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #105) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by syugar »

also probably look to resolve the grey area with catboi and goodmorning
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #106) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 433, the worst wrote:I'm getting this weird stomach knot through this conversation. The strange part is it's not even because I think you're scum. I just think this game is going to be very difficult for town to win.

What's your like, actual read on najon/tidus?
null, ur reading tea leaves if u think otherwise
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #107) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 439, the worst wrote:interesting. I think the more I think about gamestate, the more I feel that if I'm wrong it's in catboi/syugar.

pedit; syugar doesn't seem to plan to independently reevaluate their reads i.e. holding off on pr results
o_O?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #108) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by syugar »

i understand what u meant it was like like wtffff! pointless comment
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #109) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 442, the worst wrote:all my reads are tea leaves!!
Not to be hostile, but it's impossible to write a case on that slot deserving a vote

Being one of the null players (there is like... no content) who hasn't been pushed on much making them threadspewed doesn't tickle my pickle, nor anyone else's probably

Just feels like you're trapped and have nowhere to vote
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #110) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 442, the worst wrote:all my reads are tea leaves!!
In post 447, Lukewarm wrote:I am not gonna be able to read up tonight, and getting sleepy.

Liking Bella for town, and I think that cat might be town for a really bad reason, but bad reasons tend to stick in my head lol
What's that?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #111) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
But those are two reads so we just got some information :thonk:
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #112) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:10 am

Post by syugar »

In post 467, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I have a question I want answered before the day ends. To the people that townread me, why exactly?
Both of us have made 3 or 4 posts about it, what else are you confused over?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #113) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:11 am

Post by syugar »

In post 464, Tidus of the X wrote:Information out of the flip, you know, like discrediting townreads if they flip mafia and strengthening them if they flip town
Scum tends to point out real (more obvious) townies in order to generate content. They aren't going to ABC townread their partner.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #114) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:13 am

Post by syugar »

VOTE: Tidus of the X

Fine, you guys win
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #115) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:19 am

Post by syugar »

#462 is just so, so bad (T02/CJPEG having a "high" chance of being scum followed from the previous posts looks like frozen Tidus is sucking up the thread consensus)

Everyone else on the table has a few posts that are redeeming their image for me

I don't want to force some weird dichotomy but if Tidus is green and I die take a closer look at theworst at the very least

Don't want to vote jpeg today
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #116) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:20 am

Post by syugar »

Also down to maj Tidus is there's no significant content from him in the next 8 hours so we can go to d2, I am bored
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #117) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:28 am

Post by syugar »

If Tidus isn't scum, the worlds I think are viable at the moment are worst/goodmorning, worst/catboi, or one of worst/catboi/goodmorning being partnered with Lukewarm

Scum simply feels deeper this game, no good instincts

Things that are already obvious but I want written down:

catboi/gm not being partners is kind of obvious

TheWorst (Goldfish)/cat.jpeg can never be partners, just because of what cat.jpeg said about goldfish's scumgame today (but cat.jpeg is probably just town so this is less important)

Wouldn't go for Bella unless alive in final three, but if all of the options look weird that slot can go under some reexamination

What else... dunno. I'm out of stuff to say

Most likely not changing my vote today
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #118) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 am

Post by syugar »

Tidus being scum would explain way more about the gamestate though, I had my blinders on the whole time

goodmorning seems like a good candidate for his partner
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #119) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Post by syugar »

In post 478, Lukewarm wrote:I replaced goldfish, the worst replaced Ash
Right my bad (was busy brain blasting)

You can never be partnered with cat.jpeg then

Worst probably isn't either based on their inquiries and such

Kind of takes jpeg out of lynch contention because the worlds are getting narrow
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #120) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:32 am

Post by syugar »

Done posting for now. GL
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #121) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:35 am

Post by syugar »

In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
i dont care
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #122) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:36 am

Post by syugar »

In post 482, Lukewarm wrote:Does your scum read on The Worst come more from them after rep in? What was your read on Ash before the rep out happened?
This will be answered if you finish reading the thread before asking questions
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #123) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 482, Lukewarm wrote:Does your scum read on The Worst come more from them after rep in? What was your read on Ash before the rep out happened?
I meant to say eliminate not the L word (sorry)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #124) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:40 am

Post by syugar »

In post 486, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 485, syugar wrote:
This will be answered if you finish reading the thread before asking questions
I find interacting with people in real time at least as important (if not more so) to figuring out reads then just reading the back log of the thread. So, yeah, I'm gonna prod at you if I see something that makes me think your reads are fake.

What was your read on Goldfish before the rep?
It's important, but you disregard the question that I didn't answer and have moved on to a new one?

IIRC I was scumreading their entrance, but wasn't convinced because they were claiming their scum meta was wildly different (polarized). I thought that was weird. I asked multiple times for someone to show me a Goldfish scum game since multiple people seemed to know about this, but nobody ever sent me one.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #125) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:43 am

Post by syugar »

In post 489, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 488, syugar wrote:It's important, but you disregard the question that I didn't answer and have moved on to a new one?
I went and found the answer to that quesiton on my own
In post 484, Lukewarm wrote:Hm. You were voting Ash for a long time.
What method did you use to find that information in around 1 minute?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #126) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:46 am

Post by syugar »

In post 491, Lukewarm wrote:I opened your ISO, hit control f, typed "vote: " to see your voting history.

And promptly saw that Ash was your most recent vote prior to your recent switch to Tidus, and that that vote had been cast like 5 days ago.
I don't believe that you didn't know this before asking that question. 1 minute is too fast. I believe that you were performatively asking questions you already knew the answer to, although to what end I am not sure. What do you think about that?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #127) » Sun May 08, 2022 8:50 am

Post by syugar »

I guess I'll believe you since the last post number you quoted while catching up was like 147

Anyway, this is a bit of thread bloat, I'm going to log off for a bit
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #128) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 505, the worst wrote:This is really obvious entrapment, sorry. I'm tempted to just vote Lukewarm but choosing an unpopular wagon feels like a great way for me to immediately be walked myself.
tomorrow is more interesting when we kill tidus

i think tidus is a hit after his posts too
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #129) » Sun May 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #130) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 520, Lukewarm wrote:I also have a worry that would be anti-town to voice currently if we were to start exploring alternative wagons.
hmm?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #131) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 518, catboi wrote:Still not really in the space to read up and digest in full. Tidus feels mainly like he's a player who isn't used to making social reads more than actually being scum and worst's confidence there and lack of nuance to the read is off-putting.

I'll move wherever to secure an elim.
Shrug

His nebulous claim that other people dying will give "information" without the specifics just feels wrong, not real
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #132) » Sun May 08, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by syugar »

sometimes I feel like I'm beefing the entire game aha
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #133) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by syugar »

nice goodnight
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #134) » Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by syugar »

this d1 was a hell
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #135) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 551, catboi wrote:I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I think to some extent flopping around and forcing out a bunch of claims at deadline is anti-town but I can't in good conscience send this through so I'll sit back in protest until we're truly running out of time with no alternative.
I don't see what you do
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #136) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:41 am

Post by syugar »

Tidus is even in the thread now and can't answer any of the questions thrown at him aside from his role, idk man
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #137) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:45 am

Post by syugar »

You also prob. needed my vote to elim anyone else, I don't see myself moving here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #138) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 am

Post by syugar »

In post 552, goodmorning wrote:
In post 515, syugar wrote:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
Same reason I didn't like T02 forgetting Numbers existed, it makes it look like your reads are more reads of convenience than reads based on the actual game, aka not trying to actually solve, aka not Town.
That's honestly what it looks like to you? Deadass?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #139) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:57 am

Post by syugar »

After seeing Tidus freeze and answer nothing I dont understand catbois rationale for townreading him

"I think hes the type of player to make social reads" looking back on it wtf does that even mean o_o

Seriously do not understand the inertia here in general

Worst was frikin right if Tidus was a villager he'd already be dead Im sorry I ever fosed you bby
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #140) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:59 am

Post by syugar »

two week long d1 btw

I just want to see a fffflllliiiiippppp plleeeaaasssseeeee who can I bribe to hammer ahhhhhh
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #141) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 am

Post by syugar »

In post 551, catboi wrote:I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I think to some extent flopping around and forcing out a bunch of claims at deadline is anti-town but I can't in good conscience send this through so I'll sit back in protest until we're truly running out of time with no alternative.
When was the last time you saw a TOWNIE freeze up like this?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #142) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 am

Post by syugar »

In post 561, Lukewarm wrote:I am worried that catboi is TMIing Tidus as town.
I'm not
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #143) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:04 am

Post by syugar »

The setup is very swingy and a d1 scum lynch increases the power of each PR to a crazy degree so u wouldnt want to not take the vote here, more likely it gets stalled like this so that head wheels r spun and vote is change at the last second narmean???...

Theres no towncase for Tidus possible, sucks if we are wrong but if we didn't vote Tidus today the chance he is not lynched d2 is very low regardless, he isn't playing but to prod dodge
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #144) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:05 am

Post by syugar »

oops elim not L****

sorry
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #145) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:06 am

Post by syugar »

In post 564, catboi wrote:
In post 561, Lukewarm wrote:I am worried that catboi is TMIing Tidus as town.
you ought to know better by now and it is frankly irritating to be treated this way for defending a read
Okay if you want me to unvote you should explain this in clear terms I'm willing to listen
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #146) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:13 am

Post by syugar »

i think ima disagree with you there on the basis that he knows how bad that looks if he were playing as the scum. twtbaw is so reeeeaaal
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #147) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:24 am

Post by syugar »

i think i have the exact opposite opinion too, this only makes sense if they are partners if ur going to look for scum motivations

one does not simply bus in newD3, it is incredibly swingy and volatile to do so

from the TMI angle i just think he is too elite and experienced to do something that corny

i already know why he chose me in particular to scumread over this but im not going to say why (garcia rule)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #148) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:49 am

Post by syugar »

In post 572, catboi wrote:
In post 553, syugar wrote:

I don't see what you do
In post 554, syugar wrote:Tidus is even in the thread now and can't answer any of the questions thrown at him aside from his role, idk man
I think what you are seeing is the product of inexperience and not being used to making reads rather than a scum role PM. It is that simple.
I understand that, but I don't know why you think that, like what are the hallmarks of this being a towngame instead of a scumgame, it just feels like we ended up on different sides of a binary crapshoot and I don't understand why you're on your side other than that you intuitively think he is towning due to something indescribable

So it's far from simple for me

Also, not making reads is one thing, but not making reads and then coming out with the "lynch X or Y for more information over me" line is totally different in my eyea

And not making reads is one thing, but not answering a single direct question about said statement when you're reading the thread and just dipping after a claim is another

I don't expect someone to freeze up to questions about things they have already said as town - they have to had believed in what they were saying, which means there must be an explanation as to why. That he has not bothered to reply to theworsts questions and give us that explanation makes it not seem considered at all
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #149) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 am

Post by syugar »

In post 573, Lukewarm wrote:I don't think that he ever plays this way if Tidus is scum.

I think that he would be loudly pushing an alternative wagon, and trying to save Tidus that way. Or, he would have accepted the inevitable and tried to get towncred on the bus.

Reading up, I saw him voicing suspicions on the worst, but never really trying to canvas the votes.
If that's the case he is probably just town

I don't disagree with your reasoning here either, but don't think he'd TMI at the same time
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #150) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:52 am

Post by syugar »

I mean I'd disagree that he'd bus (probably? am I the only one who thinks this setup is dreadfully townsided?) but I'd agree he'd be more proactive about this
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #151) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:55 am

Post by syugar »

and I wouldn't use TMI as a reason to not elim Tidus here

(am I throwing the game? do I sound stupid for doing this vote?)
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #152) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:02 am

Post by syugar »

In post 581, goodmorning wrote: Yep, sure does. I'm willing to accept that you may have just been careless with your typing, as you claim, but I also don't like that idea (NAI reasons though).

Can someone tell me what on earth a TMI is in this context? I don't remember that being a thing.
P1: Why?
P2: Too much information. Using perfect info of scum to make an improbable townread, usually to look protown after a flip
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #153) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:04 am

Post by syugar »

In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:Are you saying catboi is whiteknighting tidus,syugar?

@catboi, I don't see anyone here treating you badly. I'm sorry you had that experience.

P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
I don't know with what implications you are using the term whiteknighting. I think he believes his read.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #154) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:08 am

Post by syugar »

In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
Oh, that's just like, don't answer questions for someone else.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #155) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:11 am

Post by syugar »

Sorry to bring out, like, obscure or dinosaur terms. I have played WAY TOO MUCH of this game. No cap. I know every term ever invented.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #156) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 587, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Catboi
My problem with Tidus is that he doesn't look like he's even trying. I can understand not being able to make reads when you're new but he has added absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Does this mean he's maf? If he is then he's certainly being bussed but why would his partner not try to coach him at first instead of bussing him right off the bat because Tidus 100% never got coached? All this points to him being more likely to be town than maf to me which is why I haven't voted for him.
why are you certain he's being bussed?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #157) » Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 588, goodmorning wrote:
In post 583, syugar wrote:
In post 581, goodmorning wrote: Yep, sure does. I'm willing to accept that you may have just been careless with your typing, as you claim, but I also don't like that idea (NAI reasons though).

Can someone tell me what on earth a TMI is in this context? I don't remember that being a thing.
P1: Why?
P2: Too much information. Using perfect info of scum to make an improbable townread, usually to look protown after a flip
Why to which part?
Why don't you like "that idea"
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #158) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:36 am

Post by syugar »

In post 591, goodmorning wrote:I don't care for carelessness.
Neither do scum, they refine their posts meticulously and make sure they're consistent
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #159) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:38 am

Post by syugar »

In post 593, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 584, syugar wrote:
In post 582, Bellaphant wrote:Are you saying catboi is whiteknighting tidus,syugar?

@catboi, I don't see anyone here treating you badly. I'm sorry you had that experience.

P-edit I've also forgot what garcai-ing meant. In fact I've only seen one user on this site use it.
I don't know with what implications you are using the term whiteknighting. I think he believes his read.
I understand/use it to mean a scum declaring people 'town' and defending them to pocket/also use as a shiny to point at later, 'see, I told you X was town but GM and Bella both were on that wagon!'. It would explain a little to me how weird their town reads seem.
It just lacks nuance to say that he's TMIing
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #160) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 592, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Syugar
Because there is no chance he's getting coached and if you have a partner like him coach or bus are your only options with coach being the vastly superior option because maf doesn't gain anything by having one of them hanged day 1 which is why I don't think he's maf.

VOTE: Lukewarm I'll drop my vote here instead.
Given all the resistance to the lynch, him not being bussed would explain a lot more.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #161) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 am

Post by syugar »

God damn it

Resistance to the elim*

Maybe playing games on the internet is past my time
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #162) » Mon May 09, 2022 7:42 am

Post by syugar »

I understand why, but its so irritating to have to swap a word you've been saying for around 15 years.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #163) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:00 am

Post by syugar »

Oh heh well no conversations like that necessary just a little venting moving on
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #164) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:25 am

Post by syugar »

Well anyone has hammer power rn

If we end it now, the deadline for night won't really change so not too much point though

I think cat jpeg had more to say unless I recall wrong

My vote is set though cant see myself moving personally

Sorry if we browbeat you too hard and made you freeze out Tidus, game is hard
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #165) » Mon May 09, 2022 9:32 am

Post by syugar »

In post 603, goodmorning wrote:
In post 594, syugar wrote:
In post 591, goodmorning wrote:I don't care for carelessness.
Neither do scum, they refine their posts meticulously and make sure they're consistent
Not always true, which is why I say carelessness is NAI. I just don't like it. If you're not being careful, as either alignment, you're not doing your best.
sorry I got bad adhd and bpd very prone to impulsive behaviors lmao
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #166) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 619, catboi wrote:That is fair and understandable. Perhaps I'm just too soft at heart right now. But I would be entirely unsurprised if he's just playing not that great. I don't know what to do about it if that is the case.
Prob. build out the PoE, we have PRs too

I wouldn't be devastated if Tidus doesn't die as a vice versa but I don't see how he ever reaches any kind of towncore either
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #167) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 613, catboi wrote:
In post 559, syugar wrote:After seeing Tidus freeze and answer nothing I dont understand catbois rationale for townreading him

"I think hes the type of player to make social reads" looking back on it wtf does that even mean o_o

Seriously do not understand the inertia here in general

Worst was frikin right if Tidus was a villager he'd already be dead Im sorry I ever fosed you bby
I think it's
very
simple to understand - they're a player who is used to the type of game where power roles do most of the work and so when placed in a MS-styled game where dayplay is emphasized they wind up flopping around like a fish and not doing much. I do not think this is a difficult archetype of player to comprehend. It is frustrating to deal with and maybe even a problem as the game winds on but these type of players tend to gt executed very frequently and flip town a good majority of the time.
Mm yeah okay

I am bad/frozen
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #168) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 611, the worst wrote:To expand a little I guess.

- I think scum are incentivised to win credit by looking like they knew better than the d1 town. I think it's actually instinctive for scum to double down on unpopular but correct reads.
- I think having syugar and I uncertain on Tidus and pushing there because of deadline pressure creates a good opportunity to move against us on a tidus townflip.
- I think catboi not having pushed elsewhere is a more a symptom of not having time to do so, than a symptom of not having an agenda. I doubt that it's a reliable indicator of catboi's alignment.
- it's also just really hard to guess what wagon would or wouldn't gain traction in this gamestate!!

allowing that if Tidus is scum his partner would likely be trying to come out of this looking good. I'm not totally sure exactly what that means, and it's rich with wifom. Just, like, if we hit tidus today and he's red don't look for his partners in the obvious places. I'm also not really sure how many people out of 100 just immediately bus a newbie partner.
I see his motivations differently than this, this is if u are going in with the assumption he is scum that makes sense but thats just imo
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #169) » Mon May 09, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 620, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@the worst

I side with catboi on this. i scumread Tidus after his first series of posts but after the second one I'm pretty confident Tidus is town too because I don't think things would play out this way if he was maf.
shrug

I think he'd die easier if he weren't scum, it's a lot of defense on a slot w/not much to redeem it in a game where everyone else is towntelling
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #170) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by syugar »

zzzzz ahhh sleepy ahhh so bored ah
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #171) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by syugar »

I thought it was hammered
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #172) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by syugar »

Oh I didn't know u could do that
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #173) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:51 pm

Post by syugar »

cat jpeg reads very close to mine agreeing my takes nice...
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #174) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by syugar »

idk if theworst is scum anymore tho depends on stuff
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #175) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Post by syugar »

tidus scum and all else equal i think i edge toward voting goodmorning next although not 100%

if he is town a bunch of ppl are on the block
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #176) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:54 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 641, the worst wrote:
In post 639, Cat.Jpeg wrote:i feel like as an experienced player scum catboi would expect that having such a strong townread on tidus would be seen as TMI.
I'd be careful with this line of thinking. Experienced scum do make missteps - a misplay in one playerlist is a genius scum strat in another. Something you consider as clever and intuitive in another plist can be regarded as scummy in another.

Experienced scum are just a lot better at covering up missteps.

Read catboi how you will - I'm glad I got my frenzy off my chest but I think there's a few people more likely to flip scum than catboi tbqh I just think writing him off could be naive.
omg that type of tmi is to corny man thats why i think he dont do it
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #177) » Mon May 09, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by syugar »

What are your plenty of reasons to find him suspicious? I'm curious
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #178) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:00 am

Post by syugar »

Okay I'll reread them at night. Are there more unmentioned?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #179) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:03 am

Post by syugar »

I thought #635 was extremely weird because I thought his voting pattern and frequency was pretty average
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #180) » Tue May 10, 2022 12:05 am

Post by syugar »

probably nothing tho
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #181) » Thu May 12, 2022 7:55 am

Post by syugar »

In post 665, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 664, catboi wrote:No deaths is good-ish. Given how stalled out things were yesterday, I was thinking that if no PRs died during the night we'd have people claim to narrow down the pool of suspects. Thoughts? (taking a page from LLD with this strategy)
I am not opposed to this, i dont think? LLD convinced me that day 2 popcorn pr claims is good in general a while back - but I have not thought a out whether a lack of kill affects that at all.
nope not with 8 alive
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #182) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by syugar »

slank cover til tomorrow, dont know what to say
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #183) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by syugar »

theres no massing with 8 people it makes sense with 7 imo

in that sense it sucks no one died
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #184) » Thu May 12, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by syugar »

catboi, t02, bella i believe to be town, squabbling over who else gets elim i dont particularly care, still
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #185) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 684, the worst wrote:not sure I see much diff between massing in 6:2 and massing in 5:2 tbh they're both one day from elo. not massing just increases odds of information loss if someone's hit and means there's less chance of scum being outed via massclaim if we do it in elo

what difference are you seeing there?
in a slightly mathematically worse position id like the option for them to maybe miskill
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #186) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by syugar »

and, i mean, if theres an rb rather than a rolecop the chance is pretty good
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #187) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by syugar »

In post 685, the worst wrote:
In post 683, syugar wrote:catboi, t02, bella i believe to be town, squabbling over who else gets elim i dont particularly care, still
probably fine
maybe misremembering, u werent in the catboi tmi camp?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #188) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by syugar »

nvm ill just reread later im being bad
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #189) » Thu May 12, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by syugar »

btw

chance for another kill block if we dont mass

the extra elim is pertinent here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #190) » Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 am

Post by syugar »

In post 705, catboi wrote:frankly I took worst to be softclaiming a PR which is why I backed off
I thought that d1 too but I'd have just canvassed to elim him without looking for a counterclaim if I didn't get distracted
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #191) » Fri May 13, 2022 7:44 am

Post by syugar »

VOTE: the worst
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #192) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by syugar »

In what way? 8 people are alive. Is majority 4?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #193) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by syugar »

VOTE: Lukewarm
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #194) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by syugar »

Not many teams make sense anymore and I don't have any clue what to do

All voters list viable worlds for who they are voting
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #195) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by syugar »

^ Excluding me because I'm a bit lost
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #196) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by syugar »

Maybe one of these two are scum but everyone capitulating around towards catboi being a universal TR is weird bro

Then whats scum won condition if current PoE look solid?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #197) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by syugar »

I'm ashamed I was the driving force behind fucking the game over on d1 and forcing us into this weird situation
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #198) » Fri May 13, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by syugar »

Not a full solve, but -possibly- with whom?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #199) » Sat May 14, 2022 6:05 am

Post by syugar »

In post 726, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I haven't noticed any soft claims day 1. Which posts are you guys talking about?
I can't find it in his ISO anymore, I thought he said something like if I'm E-1 don't instahammer me or something but now it doesn't seem to be there

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”