Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 17, catboi wrote:
In post 16, Datisi wrote:i would NEVER betray my friends!!!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:28 am

I read a bunch of the books as a kid. I was pretty into them for a while.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:31 am

I'm not normally one to use PT's heavily but boy howdy if there were ever a time to start, it would be right now.

(I have actually had good neighborhoods before, it's pretty rare, but I have high hopes for this one.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:36 am

My goal is to play with more of a proactive scumhunting mindset this game. Even if this hood doesn't help me get better reads, I'm hoping it at least helps keep me engaged.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:37 am

I know. I figured it's about time to actually do it rather than just pretending to do it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:39 am

In post 42, Dannflor wrote:have you been having issues staying engaged recently?
Not especially, but I feel like people have run out of patience for the way I traditionally play, and to play a different way would require a higher level of engagement than I'm used to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 am

In post 47, Dannflor wrote:are you unhappy with the results of your traditional play
Yes. I don't want to go into too much detail at this juncture.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:50 am

Anyway if the ratio of people who have posted here to people who have posted in the main thread holds, we should expect 6 more people here.
If the players are evenly distributed between the clans (I would expect at least one that is not in any of the four), we should expect 1 more person here.
If they're distributed according to how much focus the clans receive in the books then this is probably it, though having like a 10-person thunderclan hood might be a little silly? I think I would expect 1 more in this hood or maybe 2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:03 am

In post 53, Dannflor wrote:there are traditionally 4 clans in the books if i remember correctly?
There are, yes. Did I mess up my math?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #64 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:05 am

In post 54, Datisi wrote:which 4? a website told me 6, but one of them was starclan, so /shrug
Thunderclan (the main "good guys" clan), Shadowclan (kinda stereotypical "edgy/bad guys" although it depends on the arc), Windclan and Riverclan (generally just kinda there) are the main ones. Starclan is indeed the great clan in the sky. Skyclan is a former clan that was forced to disband when humans took over their territory. They might have some representatives (though I would doubt more than like 2).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #66 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:09 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:37 am

Sample role PM is a Thunderclan cat and doesn't include a hood. Interesting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #90 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:37 am

Catboi got run over by Titus's bus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:40 am

We've been assuming every clan got a hood. That's probably true, but if it isn't, we may be able to get something out of keeping it from being public. (Although it's probably not a masonry either way.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:42 am

In post 93, Datisi wrote:oh fuck off i thought i just caught 3 scum at once
4 scum. "aehahsdhfdhfghfgjhghjdfh" is actually a pretty common nickname for noted MafiaScum user PenguinPower because that is often one's reaction after trying to get a straight answer from him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #103 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:43 am

In post 99, catboi wrote:if it's like the books and they're the biggest clan in terms of numbers maybe they don't have a hood
That would make sense with my earlier comment, about how the Thunderclan hood would be massive if flavor were doled out in proportion to plot relevance.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #104 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:44 am

In post 102, Datisi wrote:oh no s_s is being funny i used to think that was a towntell for him i don't remember if it really is, oh no
It's just a tell that I'm comfortable. Which is maybe slightly +town but mostly just situation-dependent.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #107 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:46 am

In post 105, Datisi wrote:how relevant are the last two clans when compsred to us
Somewhat less, I think. I haven't read all the arcs though, so I don't know. It would really just be isolated characters from the other clans who happened to have some relevance, in most cases.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #111 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:52 am

In post 109, Dannflor wrote:I'm the leader of shadow clan and have access to a PT with leaders of the other clans
Oh, that's interesting. One other thing that implies is that there's only
one
leader from each of the clans in the game, despite the fact that the universe spans enough time for several leaders of each clan to exist over the multiple arcs. This makes me wonder if perhaps all the flavors are constrained to cats that were alive at a particular point in time in the universe.

Also, I'm assuming your flavor as a clan leader means you are 8-shot bulletproof and limproof
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #112 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:56 am

Apparently there have been three new arcs released since I read any of these books, so I'm familiar with at best half the lore. So maybe I should stop talking like I know so much.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #114 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:59 am

And a Riverclan one, according to Bell. So probably it's 5/5/5/5/1. (With the 1 possibly being Titus?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #115 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:02 am

In post 47, Marashu wrote:I've posted in the ThunderClan PT. I don't see your post in there. Double-check that you posted in the right PT?
wtf
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #117 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:08 am

Unfortunately it looks like the PT's are probably going to become outed before too long.

I still want to make use of it, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #125 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 am

In post 119, Dannflor wrote:I checked leader gathering PT

they didn't accidentally post in there
It's not even possible to post in there, I thought?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #129 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:25 am

In post 127, Dannflor wrote:kinda wish he posted more before the sample role pm came up but it's believable
that's such a skeevy way to townread someone, that's why I was mad about the sample role PM to begin with
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #131 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 am

In post 78, Titus wrote:I expect there to be 4 hoods of 5 players each and then me. :(
Titus coming in hot with the TMI
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #135 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 am

In post 134, catboi wrote:I don't know, if I was the lone cat out I might assume something similar
If you know you're the only lone cat. You think Titus would have been told that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #138 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:03 am

Definitely, if I were in a 21-player game and I knew there were 4 clans and clan hoods, if I knew I was the only non-clan cat I would assume 5/5/5/5/1. But if I didn't know I was the only one, I definitely wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Plot twist: Titus is actually the last Shadowclan and she's just trolling us
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #143 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:36 am

In post 98, Something_Smart wrote:I think I would like to VOTE: Charloux because that's a very odd joke to make and I feel like town are more likely to be excited to post in a hood whereas scum are more likely to be nervous.
I actually kind of don't hate this reasoning which is cool for it being so early
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #144 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:36 am

I also think Charloux calling me town feels a bit disingenuous
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #145 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:18 am

In post 161, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:OUR LEADER (CHARLOUX) SEEMS ALIGNED WITH STARCLAN BECAUSE OF THEIR POSTS IN OUR CLAN PT
well, we found one of your friends Dann
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #147 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:38 am

In post 122, catboi wrote:the thought process of "did you slip up and post in the wrong PT" is way less likely to occur to scum in that instance
You should post this logic in the main thread
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #150 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:43 pm

In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

open question i honestly dont know
Fwiw I am more inclined to put random thoughts in the hood than I otherwise would be due to the post limit. Otherwise I would have said it's probably +scum to solve mostly in a good, where you need to fool fewer people. As is, I think it depends on the person.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #194 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:26 am

In post 153, mastina wrote:Hi I am a mason. :)

:P
Just because you're in a hood with 4 wonderful townies does not make you a mason. :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #195 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:29 am

In post 47, Dannflor wrote:are you unhappy with the results of your traditional play
Also Datisi's cafe is over now and I can say yeeeaaahhh it didn't work so great there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #197 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:43 am

In post 167, mastina wrote:I was thinking that we might be able to use it as an anonymous way of broadcasting the collective thoughts of the shadowclan without outing their members/their sources.
Even if there's no scum in this hood, it's highly likely scum can narrow down the members off knowing the other 3 hoods + Titus. So outing the members isn't a big concern, and outing the sources probably isn't a huge concern either because I doubt everyone will just be inclined to trust your locktown reads without making their own evaluation.

I guess this answers my other question though, which was why you didn't explain your locktown reads in the main thread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #198 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:48 am

In post 236, Charloux wrote:
In post 234, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 230, Charloux wrote:I wish what happened in my hood stayed in my hood...
So 4 clans, 5 scum. My current theory is that scum are in 3 clans, and preventing them from knowing who the strays are is the key to this game.
That means no saying who the clan members are and no saying who the leaders are.
How do you know there are multiple strays?
It's a theory based on Titus claim, the number of people in my pt and the details of my role.
3 more people have yet to post, and we can't confirm that everybody who posted is a member of a clan.
Noting this for later. I think it makes them town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #199 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:50 am

Oh Charloux is a leader.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #200 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:59 am

In post 150, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 366, Dannflor wrote:is putting all solving in hood more likely to come from town or scum

open question i honestly dont know
Fwiw I am more inclined to put random thoughts in the hood than I otherwise would be due to the post limit. Otherwise I would have said it's probably +scum to solve mostly in a good, where you need to fool fewer people. As is, I think it depends on the person.
actually dats is probably right that it's +town in general. Idk what I was thinking last night. I was tired.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #201 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:02 am

Actually yeah Shiidaji is just super town right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #202 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:02 am

like I read that post and legit thought it was RVS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #208 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:24 am

In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:Wait, why do you expect Bell in particular to be able to recognize you as scum?
because he had correctly done so the past 1/2/3 times that we played?
the past .17 times?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #210 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 am

I feel like the logic is significantly more valid if he's caught you 3 times as scum than if he's caught you once, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #217 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 am

I know, right? It's weird!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #219 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 am

I'm kinda wondering if anyone's gonna say something about it tbh

Though most of the people who know me well are already in this PT where I talked about it in advance.

Pedit: I mean I'm exaggerating/forcing myself to be decisive to some extent but they're not completely made-up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #220 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:56 am

In post 219, Something_Smart wrote:Pedit: I mean I'm exaggerating/forcing myself to be decisive to some extent but they're not completely made-up.
and my understanding is that this is a pretty common thing, especially early.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #222 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:58 am

like, why would you post so little in the main thread that it literally looks like you aren't playing the game, when in fact you are doing analysis and just not letting people see it? what purpose does that serve as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #224 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:10 am

Seems like it was one wallpost: viewtopic.php?p=13530715#p13530715
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #227 (isolation #48) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:59 am

no, even in my state of heightened confidence I don't believe I can get much out of you. I guess I could try, but probably not yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #229 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:17 am

We went so long without acknowledging Shadowclan's existence lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #233 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:56 am

In post 230, Datisi wrote:sorry i didn't know how else to answer that
I mean like I said scum presumably already know, I just thought it was funny that the other three clans were being discussed openly and ours lived up to its name.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #259 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:15 pm

In post 236, Datisi wrote:s_s, you know fa apparently, give me a report on my latest post against her (550) and her most recent walls
I... I feel like FA often thinks about things a little differently, so I can see her viewing the mech stuff as trivial and saying that there was no good reason for you to change your mind.

She also plays pretty reaction-test-y so she might have preferred to call you out and see how you responded compared to trying to understand it by rereading.

I think it's for sure a little opportunistic, but probably the scumteam would not be saying "let's mislim Datisi on D1", so I'm not sure that I think it's super scummy. I think it's reasonable to poke at it to see how she reacts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #266 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:04 am

In post 240, mastina wrote:Hey, you got me to townread you there!

Which is one of the reasons why this game's so concerning for you.
Wasn't your townread on me based on completely wrong reasoning (that I was a PR), and then later associatives with a flipped scum? How does that relate to this game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #324 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 am

datisi can you give me the tl;dr/link to where you talked about your kitty read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #326 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:17 am

you can't even give, like, a one sentence summary?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #328 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:25 am

In post 938, fireisredsir wrote:so my first thought was that here you might be feeling some pressure to do more in order to get townread and the playstyle difference could be due to alignment difference

lately tho you've felt more what i would expect (but still giving reads), which also makes me think it isn't like a completely different playstyle, you probably just genuinely had things that you had thoughts and opinions on, which is like a good thing anyway bc now its easier to actually track what you've been thinking
this is interesting because, they were kinda right the first time. it
is
due to pressure to do more in order to get townread, and they just played in a game where I got mislimmed so I feel like they should be able to figure that out?

that makes this ring kinda hollow to me, though on the other hand, they clearly weren't informed of my true motivation. But I doubt that scum would be sharing something like that with each other, there's no need to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #329 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:28 am

I guess it's kinda reasonable to mistake my early play as being within my normal playstyle if you aren't that familiar with me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #332 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:36 am

I guess we'll have to see what content he produces, but I'm generally pretty skeptical of "appearing to deliberately avoid giving content" being scummy, because like, scum know they have to give content to not die. So it would just be a strategy of treading water/trying to fly under the radar which doesn't work so well in a game where everyone knows each other.

Idk Kitty's full history but I know he has been limmed as scum on D1 before, and I know he posted almost nothing. (It was actually a plurality lim with 4 out of 13 people voting) so unless he, just, doesn't adapt or try to improve at all, he would presumably know this strategy isn't going to go great. I could maybe check the scum PT for that game to see if he explained why he did that but I think it didn't have daytalk
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #333 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:36 am

his play this game feels kinda like what my normal townplay was like (e.g. what I was trying not to do this game because it got me mislimmed a lot)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #336 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:38 am

because I didn't understand the arguments against him till today
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #337 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:42 am

this is so exciting I'm doing scum theater as town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #342 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:21 am

In post 340, Datisi wrote:do you wanna do more we can do more if you want
I feel like that particular conversation has run its course. I don't like your reasoning, I believe you've fully clarified it, it didn't make me feel any better.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #344 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:24 am

In post 343, Datisi wrote:if this were anyone but you, i probably would've tried to kill you for it lole
huh, why's that
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #346 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am

what joke did I take as serious? if it's 911 I acknowledged that that was a joke and it was part of my argument
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #347 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:32 am

and I don't think I ever tried to make you appear like scum; I only explained the reasons I personally thought you were scummy and I've been around the block enough to know that nobody else is going to give a shit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #348 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:37 am

my issue is that caring about the outcome, without caring about the process by which others arrived at that outcome, is bad. To me it indicates that you don't care about working with others, or helping them understand your arguments, or reaching a consensus; you only care about killing the people you want dead. Which is fundamentally unsustainable, because if people are using bad logic, eventually that's not going to line up with what you want. (Not to mention, if everyone else's logic for killing X is complete nonsense, that probably increases the chance that X is town and scum are targeting them.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #352 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:41 am

well, scum know who they need to kill to win already, so even though appearing to do teamwork etc. can further their goal, it's not as fundamental to scum as it is to town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #354 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:09 am

I mean if you're stating Kitty as your "strongest scumread" that doesn't really imply that you don't think he's readable enough right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #356 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:12 am

sure, but if you're voting for pressure wouldn't it make more sense to vote someone you have nothing on? like, for instance, norwee?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #358 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:17 am

...I kinda feel like it can only be one? I mean, you can't very well both kill someone and apply pressure to them. So either you want the day to end in that person dying, or you don't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #362 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 am

actually, I get the impression that a lot of people don't really have a clear idea of what they're actually trying to accomplish when they vote. maybe that's not accurate. It certainly seems like, at the very least, it would be easy to smoothly transition that attitude into "well now there's consensus on Kitty and there's only a few days left in the deadline, let's just kill him" even if he does start to produce better content.

I'm fine with dropping this discussion, though I don't feel that it's making anything worse (there's a reason we continued it in the hood rather than in the main thread).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #377 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:33 pm

In post 372, Datisi wrote:i just did the dishes are y'all proud of me
extremely
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #378 (isolation #72) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm

I'm going to have to read Dann & catboi's arguments against each other more in depth tomorrow but I may well be interested in going over the finer points of them in here. That could be pretty interesting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #384 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:34 am

In post 383, Datisi wrote:i have an urge to be toxic
Azelf used Taunt!

Datisi can't use Toxic after the taunt!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #386 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:42 am

Dratini

The first thing that comes to mind is togedemaru and I don't know why but it feels pretty fitting
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #388 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:23 am

dann stop comparing me to my literal best scumgame of all time lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #397 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:38 am

fwiw catboi I have tried the "I'm changing up my playstyle" thing as scum several times recently-- I think I did do it in HDP, and RC's uPick a little.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #401 (isolation #77) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:39 am

In post 394, Datisi wrote:also, does anyone like, have any idea for what i could be doing here because i don't like prodging but i literally have NO THOUGHTS besides "yeet kitty and/or marashu"
the two of us need to band together to troll Dann and catboi in this PT and force them to explain a bunch of irrelevant details about their reads on each other
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #404 (isolation #78) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:42 am

In post 399, catboi wrote:i only like loosely skimmed hdp after i rreplaced out but in my memory it was you mostly doing nothing and getting townread for ??? reasons
I made a big deal of doing several joint ISOs and posting longish analyses. It wasn't a ton but I know I definitely said something to the effect of "I'm gonna try playing different this game"

there was also one scumgame where I did a big reread on and posted a ton of notes in a spoiler. I think it was that micro that I remember nothing about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #405 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:43 am

In post 404, Something_Smart wrote:there was also one scumgame where I did a big reread on and posted a ton of notes in a spoiler. I think it was that micro that I remember nothing about?
ah yeah this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #407 (isolation #80) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:44 am

ah right that was the game where I fakeclaimed vengeful in a game reviewed by datisi and nobody called me on it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #413 (isolation #81) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:50 am

In post 408, Dannflor wrote:S_S was there something about Datisi's Cafe that felt like... uniquely bad to you?

I'm not quite certain what motivated you to switch it up *now*
I think it's been a pattern for a while that if I'm not mechanically cleared I get mislimmed. But Datisi's Cafe threw it into sharp relief because it seemed like people were pretty fine with me being town and then they just weren't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #416 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:57 am

In post 403, Dannflor wrote:I think I decided my read on catboi was largely a bad one so
I was going to come in here and ask you about it

Because I'm going to be honest, just straight-up reads like satire. You had him as a scumlean, but like, posting a case on him just an hour after he posted one on you without any warning and basically mirroring a lot of his accusations... idk it just made it very hard to believe that you really believed it. It would have probably taken me an hour just to write up something like that so my intuition (which is presumably not right) would have been that you decided to counter-case catboi almost immediately upon seeing that he cased you (and that was your second response, your first being "that's a good scumread" which to me implies that you townread his case or at least are okay with it existing).

I am rambling but that's just because I'm very confused by that post. Can you elaborate a little on how you felt about catboi before and after the case, and why you chose to case him there?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #420 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:00 am

In post 417, catboi wrote:I guess to me the big difference is that stuff is performative content meant to demonstrate effort (a trick I have leaned on in the past), where here it hasn't been especially showy, you've just Had Takes
Yeah I mean, I'm not claiming that this is exactly the same. But Dann is correct that going "this game I'm going to change up my playstyle and actually Be Decisive/Do Effort" has been a pretty common scum tactic for me as of late.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #421 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:04 am

In post 418, Datisi wrote:that t3 readslist makes me wanna kashoot myself, why is everyone and their mother taking a turn scumreading me this game aaaaaaah
With all due respect to T3 I do not think you should be that worried that he is scumreading you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #425 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:08 am

Also, I should probably mention that I am going to be out of town visiting a friend from tomorrow till Sunday. I will still find time to post, but it's probably going to be one-liners/potshots rather than more in-depth stuff. That should coincide with the end of D1, N1, and the beginning of D2, so I'm not too worried.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #431 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 am

In post 424, Dannflor wrote:I do admit I was having some conflicting thoughts while writing the wall but I decided to finish it anyway to see what the reaction would be. I wish now that I hadn't because I don't think it did anything for anyone and I think I could've handled my confliction in a healthier way
I agree with this overall, but I will say there was one thing in that post that did resonate with me:
In post 1047, Dannflor wrote:I feel like catboi has been the one holding our PT at arms length the most. I feel like I'm ripping this straight from catboi's post, but he feels so supremely "just there." He's been doing some mediation between Datisi and S_S which feels so unnecessary and LAMIST. The thread health of our neighborhood isn't a big enough issue, Datisi and S_S weren't even getting heated.
I did get the impression that catboi was overstating the hostility between me and Datisi to some extent. Although I'm open to the argument that I seemed more hostile than I actually was (I am like this irl, I almost never get mad but I often seem mad), I felt like it was pretty civil, and I could see scum-catboi trying to play up his role in defusing it, especially with .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #433 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:14 am

anyway dann to make it right you have to go back to the main thread and post an unprompted town case on catboi with the same level of detail.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #437 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 am

in all seriousness though, I appreciate the explanation. It checks out with what I figured, which was that there were some weird and impulsive thoughts going on.

it just seems strange to me how you can impulsively sit down and compose a long and detailed case like that. I'm really not sure how to parse that case in the context of scum strategy-- I feel like it probably isn't theater, and I feel like scum-you would make a judgement call when you get case about whether you want to pocket or fight back, so either you planned this entire thing, or you decided to fight back and then immediately regretted it. I guess that's probably the most likely scenario.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #443 (isolation #89) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 am

In post 440, Dannflor wrote:and a large part of that is trying to force myself to have more conviction on reads I'd normally second guess myself out of or hedge on a lot more. so when I reach a crossroads where I start feeling unsure, I've been trying to force myself into having conviction and seeing what happens. in this case I think it was misapplied. I just need to get better at recognizing which of my reads are good and bad
this is funny, because I'm also trying to play with more conviction, and in my case I'm trying to get better at not caring whether or not I'm right.

I guess the interesting thing here is, what made you realize it was misapplied? was it just catboi's response to your case? (which I should reread btw)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #460 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Misty is town I guess
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #462 (isolation #91) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 1395, catboi wrote:
In post 1391, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1386, catboi wrote:...................why?
iirc you were the first person to propose that was towny

maybe I am improperly putting the blame on you for me just accepting that uncritically, but I did, and I know this has happened to me before where a comment like that has thrown me off of a scum for a while.
I'd quibble over this but it's not really worth it when marashu hasn't flipped yet (and is apparently clear?)
that's what the PT is for ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #468 (isolation #92) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:16 pm

In post 463, catboi wrote:okay hre ges

how dare you think i'd out that read on a partner rabble rabble
I did admit it was project-y.

You don't think you'd say it even if you truly believed it was towny?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #469 (isolation #93) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Specifically I made the jump from "this could deceive me" to "this could have been intended to deceive me" which may not have been warranted
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (isolation #94) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:27 am

We should say something ridiculous and force her to correct it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #529 (isolation #95) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:29 am

I can't shake the feeling that mastina never lets this happen as scum. But I don't think it's actually true, because I'm sure she's died D1 as scum before, probably in games I've been in, but I feel like this one was
super
avoidable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #538 (isolation #96) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:48 am

In post 531, Datisi wrote:wasn't she scum that died d1 in that cold war nuked game that sircakez modded semi recently
Yes, but looking back it seemed like she played a normalish game and LLD forced that lim through. Also this post is hilarious:
In post 1130, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1128, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1125, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:What is the difference between Mastina's list and a random.org one.
random.org correctly placed me at the top
Poggers
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #539 (isolation #97) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:50 am

In that game she was posting reads that just didn't make a ton of sense. Which I mean. Even if she has a reliable internal logic, that's pretty bog-standard for her.

This game is on another level of not making sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #542 (isolation #98) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:07 am

I was going to say surely she can't use it after death but then I remembered what the flavor of this game was.

Mastina did you check with the mod about that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #544 (isolation #99) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:30 am

She's claiming more certainty than she usually does, and she actually kinda explained her read on this hood and it doesn't make any sense. These both make her a lot more open to getting scumread, I feel.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #550 (isolation #100) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:14 pm

In post 425, Something_Smart wrote:Also, I should probably mention that I am going to be out of town visiting a friend from tomorrow till Sunday. I will still find time to post, but it's probably going to be one-liners/potshots rather than more in-depth stuff. That should coincide with the end of D1, N1, and the beginning of D2, so I'm not too worried.
This
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #552 (isolation #101) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 pm

It might tell us if the ceremony target was someone who actually had a power tone activated.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #554 (isolation #102) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:42 pm

In post 552, Something_Smart wrote:It might tell us if the ceremony target was someone who actually had a power
to be
activated.
FTFM
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #558 (isolation #103) » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:23 pm

brb killing fire
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #563 (isolation #104) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:28 pm

I feel like Kitty is scum with a vague understanding of how he plays as town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #565 (isolation #105) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:32 pm

Specifically I feel like Kitty feels he is going through all the proper steps to play the way he does as town, and now he thinks it's just a matter of letting people know he's done that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #582 (isolation #106) » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:08 am

I was just about to come in here and say Titus was town lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #584 (isolation #107) » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 am

Aside from her semi-slip, it feels like the analysis she's doing as of late is pretty organic and aimed at uncovering info rather than pushing an agenda.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #590 (isolation #108) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:11 am

In post 586, Datisi wrote:s_s r u gonna vote kitty again that was very cool of you yesterday
probably but I need to catch up on the damn game

I was pretty out of it yesterday
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (isolation #109) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:19 am

Kitty didn't have his location listed in his profile before now, did he?

It feels like he's going
super
out of his way to explain how he shouldn't be held to as high a standard as everyone else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #597 (isolation #110) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:24 am

In post 595, Dannflor wrote:don't shoot me but I think this townie
on his part or on mine?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #598 (isolation #111) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:25 am

In post 594, Datisi wrote:i'm p sure he did
I feel like I would have remembered it... idk if there's any way to check. I guess we could ask.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #605 (isolation #112) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:52 am

shallow meta dives are fun
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #611 (isolation #113) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:34 pm

ydrasse I am not v/la anymore
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #629 (isolation #114) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Ali feels really weird yeah
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #638 (isolation #115) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm

It feels like they are, like, trying to constrain discussion to particular assumptions (e.g. that Kitty is town, Norwee's wagon was town) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of dynamicness there. It's hard to explain, but it does not feel exploratory, it feels manipulative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #639 (isolation #116) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:23 pm

In post 637, Datisi wrote:do you have any new thoughts on t3/kitty/me/idk anyone else that's interesting
I hope to talk to Alisae more about Kitty tomorrow.

If you want thoughts on you, I guess the timing of this question is really odd since it's right after I actually posted some thoughts in the thread for the first time in a while?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #670 (isolation #117) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:41 am

sigh

I guess we should normalize sending blacklists to mods ahead of time
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #678 (isolation #118) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:54 pm

I'm relieved. It would be really annoying to kill people who were acting unreasonable/outside the norm and have them flip town twice in a row. At least now we have something to work with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #687 (isolation #119) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Ugh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #688 (isolation #120) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:48 pm

In post 686, flow trap wrote:Skimmed this thread, is this correct?

4 clans (I believe it was speculated to be 5 in each, but not sure if it was confirmed)
Titus is in none of the clans (or at least claimed to not be)
Yes that was right, at least initially. Titus joined Windclan, presumably through a power she had.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #691 (isolation #121) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:27 am

I mean, perpetually, but it's basically a new game anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #697 (isolation #122) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:23 pm

I don't feel like I did? wagons were just much less mobile on D2 because T3 dropped off the face of the planet, so I couldn't really get anywhere by trying to wagon anyone
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #701 (isolation #123) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:46 pm

In post 699, Datisi wrote:who do you wanna wagon today
Joe

I often don't have time/focus to do deep thinking on weekends. Ask me again on Monday.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #702 (isolation #124) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:31 am

In post 195, Something_Smart wrote:
Also Datisi's cafe is over now and I can say yeeeaaahhh it didn't work so great there.
Ditto for 241. In particular, TSQ's comments to me after I got hammered really got to me.

And I really have been trying this game, but it's been hard to find motivation with all the replacements.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #703 (isolation #125) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am

why did titus die, like what was suspicious about her at all. I still don't understand
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #704 (isolation #126) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am

she also, like, literally townslipped ??
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #708 (isolation #127) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:20 am

I can't wait to not see them because I've stopped reading his posts
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #718 (isolation #128) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:24 pm

lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #719 (isolation #129) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:24 pm

I missed an entire game day because I was playing pokemon
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #733 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:30 pm

Welp. A natural consequence of having takes is them being wrong sometimes.

I really can't tell about Norwee slot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #737 (isolation #131) » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:21 am

idk
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #740 (isolation #132) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:41 am

No shit!

Well maybe this was what I needed to finally care about this game again?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #742 (isolation #133) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:43 am

There have been approximately 1000 replacements this game, many on formerly active players. And half of the scum we caught, we caught through guilties. So I have tried to care about the game but it's been very hard.

Also why wasn't I granted the warrior ceremony :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #743 (isolation #134) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:44 am

In post 741, the worst wrote:LET'S DO THIS

do we think Bell is town?
Bell is a vig. So, uh, I hope so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #744 (isolation #135) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:44 am

I'm still trying to puzzle through the mystery of how we eliminated scum yesterday. I'll have to reread the latter half of the day
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #746 (isolation #136) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:46 am

Well, it's a bit late. I'd be an odd-night roleblocker, and it's an odd night, and there's one scum left :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #747 (isolation #137) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 am

I really should have pushed that more. Though I didn't really trust either of the other leaders to know anything about mechanics, so idk why they would listen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #753 (isolation #138) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:44 am

In post 751, the worst wrote:Do you remember what made you ask this re. Val?
I made that read, but it's a player dependent thing so I wanted to sanity check it if possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #759 (isolation #139) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:03 am

How confident are you that Luke's slot is town?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”