Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3356 (isolation #400) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i reread alisae iso and arrived at p townie tbh im not touching that slot unless i have to esp since the person replacing it has shown good cognizance of the gamestate despite being less active, which is pretty valuable
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3357 (isolation #401) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok im clearing theta on account of the special "role madness townclaiming" tell where the way they claimed their role is like super explicitly in a townie way and its never failed me b4
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3358 (isolation #402) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

skygazer/aureal are never scum/scum
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3359 (isolation #403) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1906, Aureal wrote:
In post 1898, DragonEater70 wrote: Also Aureal who are you scumreading besides me? And more importantly, why are you voting me?
Why should I not be voting a scumread? You, Alisae, Bingle seems like a pretty good fit for the scumteam. Quite possibly Koba to go along with it. Didn't someone say something early on about Alisae's energy and how they could see it coming from scum if Koba and Bingle were her teammates? Hmmm. And maybe Cook/Drew?

Were you going to respond to the things I asked you about?
man this is such a gross worldview and the only post from aureal that has like reads in it lol

this is basically a list of players that are not immediately believing the amway shit.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3360 (isolation #404) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

independently of aureal i think STD ISO is pretty townie, very independent vibes ig. just feels like town std.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3361 (isolation #405) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

after some review i have reached
[aureal,ircher,klick] as a base and a ??? for the 4th.

it just kinda has to be cook or bingle but like idk how logical bingle is here i just dont have a good reason to clear town bingle here unless im like shown he is not prone to early bussing at all

it would also logically explain aureal's frustration at having entire team being PoEd so early and such as scum

im not sure what a team without aureal looks like reall like maybe swap for skygazer ig.

pretty sure always town:
Meuh
Political Clout
DragonEater70
Theta Alpine
AniX
ofrhz

pretty sure town but not like 100% like the above group:
Save The Dragons
Ranger
camelCasedSnivy
KatyKimFanClub
Bingle

meh:
Skygazer
Cook

pretty sure always flip mafia:
Klick
Ircher
Aureal

this is pretty much a fully informed reads list.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3363 (isolation #406) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3362, camelCasedSnivy wrote: anix and meuh dont belong in the top tier, anix in meh and meuh in probably town
nah im pretty sure this level of obstinate behavior is like just town. i think a scum anix would be more appeasing here + their play has been consistent with what they explained their mindset was. anix also hasnt played mafia for nearly 20 years which like pretty much lends itself to being rusty at being scum so i think it would probably be obviously. unless anix has been playing social games in recent times but in that case the play would be more manipulative so same conclusion
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3366 (isolation #407) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3365, camelCasedSnivy wrote: koba what would change in your reads if aureal flipped town
still contains ircher/klick, could b klick/skygazer. im not doing these by associatives, but theyre not ruled out by anti-associatives.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3371 (isolation #408) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

for me whats more bizzare is scumreading meuh which relies turning your eyes off at their posts IMO
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3373 (isolation #409) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3372, Meuh wrote: What's fun is that flips are win/win for me cause either we get scum or I get some cool new powers :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
meuh if amway is actually a town ability:

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3378 (isolation #410) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3375, ofrhz wrote:
In post 3370, camelCasedSnivy wrote: why do you townread ircher
Ircher's scumgame is not good, and I think he's already out of his scumrange
this is what i would characterize as a meh scumgame so..
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3386 (isolation #411) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

"zomg why wont you feed my totally town role please!"
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3388 (isolation #412) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i just dont buy that townies are going to benefit from this role and we should maybe confirm that we get what we get considering meuh gets the role anyways from this if it is town and if its mafia then it can go straight into the garbage can
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3425 (isolation #413) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3408, Aureal wrote:
In post 3384, Ircher wrote: You should unvote.
UNVOTE:
Fine, I'll let people take responsibility for their own miselimination vote. But it should not have ever come to this point.

I cannot herd 12 other townies to victory when they are determined to not pay attention.

Like, right now we've got Koba sitting here acting like Meuh will get great power by inheriting my role. This is an obviously untrue position to take as Meuh will have zero recruits and thus zero power, but everyone just sits here in THIS IS FINE mode. Like they have been the entire game while Bingle and Koba constantly spin everything I do as scum, ignoring every rebuttal I make, and just pivoting back to make whichever argument works best for them at the moment as if none of the previous arguments ever happened. And you guys, especially DE, just eat it all up.

Seriously, the guy went "Aureal's question makes a good point and OH MY GOD SHE ACTUALLY THINKS KOBA SHOULD ANSWER THE QUESTION INSTEAD OF JUST ATTACKING HER?!? SCUM!!!!!" It's fucking insane. If DE is actually town here, Koba has him deeply pocketed- saying that DE is "one of the few people who are game state aware" is so ridiculous I'm not sure whether it's scum trying to boost a partner's credibility or scum giving a headpat to the townie who's so deep in their pocket that he's become an attack dog for them.

But sure, let's just go on NOT THINKING about why Koba suddenly decided, appropos of nothing, to start shitpushing me again, when there are so many others doing so much less. Was it the deadline imposition forcing them to take a miselimination back up now rather than risk the wagon on a buddy going through? Was it Bingle telling DE that I would be a good investigation target, risking my slot getting cleared when they want it dead and thought town would do it for them? Who knows? Not this town, because we're not gonna think about it! Not even after you flip me town and know that Koba arbitrarily decided to come up with something to get pissy about to start pushing a townie's wagon while Cook was the lead wagon, are you gonna think about it.

I don't have to look at this game again this phase so I'm just gonnaVOTE: Cook like I promised so long ago, and leave the rest of you to fuck things up however much you feel like. Maybe I'll actually be able to just stop looking at this trainwreck, hoping against hope that this time when I see new posts, it will be from people who actually seem to reside in the same reality as me, instead of people screaming at me for trying to say anything useful.

But probably I won't.
Tldr : melding over being held accountable for focusing on their role doing things rather than playing mafia
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3426 (isolation #414) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

Malding*
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (isolation #415) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

Aureal will complain about anything instead of offer actual gameplay that they are proven to be capable as town
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3430 (isolation #416) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3432 (isolation #417) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

Lol I'm sorry but if you're town and still buy aureal as towny atp, you got a major lesson to learn, and hopefully it happens mid game and not post game when you lose to a trust based role that's overtly being used scummily
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3434 (isolation #418) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

This shit is beyond obvious and if you're clinging onto aureals temper tantrums and shiny mech promises then damn
Gullible is written on the ceiling and I got a bridge to sell you
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3440 (isolation #419) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3437, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3430, DkKoba wrote: Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
Why assume that it's fearmongering instead of asking anyone else who has gotten the role PM? Like you obviously want Aureal out but you keep interpreting things in the least charitable way for Aureal and it's getting annoying.
You'd know if you weren't busy misrepresenting my arguments (:

If it's too good to be true its probably not true, but ur probably mafia with aureal anyways and that's why you default to defending it in this way like aureal has been peddling it.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (isolation #420) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

Dragoneater, does flipping your read because "muh paranoia" sound logical or something that actually works for you? Asking because this isn't the first time someone has suspected me just because "what if they're playing a really good scumgame!!!!!!!"
Wont even give me my preferred flip which has been backed up with evidence of the other persons play in this game

Loud and wanting to lead are not scum traits and people need to get that through their heads lmao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3448 (isolation #421) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3445, DragonEater70 wrote: @PC, CCS, please unvote.
I don't think voting Aureal is good here.
How about we flip them, if they flip town, we can talk tomorrow?

Reminding you I'm the only one with a presented worldview that includes multiple scenarios and not just a couple reads

Aureals "reads" are agenda based on who is trusting her role and maybe if you took your head out of your paranoia and shiny mech syndrome you'd see
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3451 (isolation #422) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3450, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 3448, DkKoba wrote: Reminding you I'm the only one with a presented worldview that includes multiple scenarios and not just a couple reads
I am not saying I haven't read it, I'm not saying I have, but I definitely do not remember this so would appreciate if you remind me what you are talking about.

Like I recall pretty distinctly that you've been consistently pushing Aureal and defending Cook which is actually part of why I'm townreading you (I just don't see wolves being this consistent with their pushes).
nah dont fucking accuse me of being a powerwolf if you arent even parsing what im saying or discount my good points on aureal on the basis of her shitty ate.

i go through this stupid song and dance nearly every town game with players like you, logically engaging has never worked, im not going to keep trying it when you can read my iso or actually yknow, not take shortcuts in reads.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3452 (isolation #423) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

also i have flipped my read on cook quite a bit because of PoE reasons

i just think cook is being bussed atp for the sake of aureal's role that is probably going to lose us the game if people stop being so gullible and show how hard theyre going to fall for scams when they are in their old age
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3453 (isolation #424) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: after some review i have reached

it just kinda has to be cook or bingle but like idk how logical bingle is here i just dont have a good reason to clear town bingle here unless im like shown he is not prone to early bussing at all

it would also logically explain aureal's frustration at having entire team being PoEd so early and such as scum

im not sure what a team without aureal looks like reall like maybe swap for skygazer ig.

pretty sure always town:
Meuh
Political Clout
DragonEater70
Theta Alpine
AniX
ofrhz

Save The Dragons
Ranger
camelCasedSnivy
KatyKimFanClub
Bingle

meh:
Skygazer
Cook

Klick
Ircher
Aureal

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (isolation #425) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

meuh do you think its natural how aureal outed that supposedly you wouldn't inherit recruits? like it felt like a false assertation at best and TMI of you being town and that you wouldnt inherit the roles and an agenda to keep themselves alive to do what they want with the role, which i pray doesnt autowin the game at this point for scum.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (isolation #426) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

ok DE if you dont trust me, ill give you this, especially since my own role has value from being flipped: if we flip aureal, and they flip town, i will be killed next which will potentially out someone else or give some context for night actions if its an unclaimed role.

i still think theres explicitly a difference in how anix has approached their role vs how aureal has approached hers that is alignment indicative, that even though anix clearly doesn't care for social reads they have pushed their own reads in a way that is consistent with their explained thought process etc. while pushing their role stuff on the side.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3467 (isolation #427) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3463, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 3459, DkKoba wrote: ok DE if you dont trust me, ill give you this, especially since my own role has value from being flipped: if we flip aureal, and they flip town, i will be killed next which will potentially out someone else or give some context for night actions if its an unclaimed role.

i still think theres explicitly a difference in how anix has approached their role vs how aureal has approached hers that is alignment indicative, that even though anix clearly doesn't care for social reads they have pushed their own reads in a way that is consistent with their explained thought process etc. while pushing their role stuff on the side.
Fair enough.

As I said I want to trust you so much but I'm just in internal agony right now. Logically Aureal is super scummy but I just don't see how scum!her doesn't realize that it's better for her survival to change strategy and that's why I can't bring myself to vote her.
for me the explanation is this : their role just needs to survive a short time before they can pop off and get maximimum scum value, such as multiple deaths or just straight up winning. she has consistently targeted people against amway which tells me she isnt even sorting people in her hood and is just trying to increase the ratio of amway to non amway asap.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3468 (isolation #428) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3464, Meuh wrote:
In post 3456, DkKoba wrote: meuh do you think its natural how aureal outed that supposedly you wouldn't inherit recruits? like it felt like a false assertation at best and TMI of you being town and that you wouldnt inherit the roles and an agenda to keep themselves alive to do what they want with the role, which i pray doesnt autowin the game at this point for scum.
I think it's consistent with the rest of her play
Like she's been focused on the impact of her role and on your perspective on the game, so if she sees you imply something about her role that she thinks you're wrong on, she'll 1000% call it out
Though I am curious on why she confidently asserted that I wouldn't inherit the recruits, I'd put it in a murky area myself on what I know about my power here.
yes my point is it is weirdly inserted into a place when you already brought it up without explaining it naturally
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3469 (isolation #429) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3461, Theta Alpine wrote: cook flipping tells us a lot more about other slots
cook if scum has an ability that could take out a roles capabilities near-permanently in some fashion
cook is probably scum based on their reactions to wagon and other things that people like ranger have mentioned

aureals flip would confirm that those in amway were not recruited though
we could prove that with two more recruits today to put us over the threshold of half the slots mafia if it was a mafia recruit
or the logic that an actual factional recruit would not be able to spread as fast as it did in a single day
seriously do you really think a list mod would design a role that could achieve wincon on day one
and you arent concerned if its a scum role that auto wins when X people trust it?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3474 (isolation #430) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

i have already seen a role that wins via player trust and lost to it after mistrusting it and im getting the same exact vibe here lmao

maybe it doesnt auto win! but it surely will put scum way ahead the more townies are in it im sure.

and yes i do believe a listmod would design a role that can win d1 if town is naive, but considering the insistence to survive d1 i feel that it requires the nightphase. you already have an incredibly modular role that anix has, that is more secret that is more in line with how a town role might be for something like that.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3479 (isolation #431) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3470, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Ngl Koba just slipped by putting me as town in his fully informed readslist saying I’m scum like 24 hours later
how to say you arent actually paying attention to the game youre playing in without saying it outright(hell, even got the pronoun wrong):

(look at timestamps btw! crazy ik)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3482 (isolation #432) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2379, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2366, DkKoba wrote: hey reminder that when something seems too good to be true for too little cost, it probably is.

look at this role PM why it is so dumb that people are just accepting mech stuff because its easy to say "yes" and do it when the flavor of an MLM probably means that if you dont reach a "goal" by X point something bad happens probably and Aureal gets all the benefits, just like a real MLM:

Subject: Anything uPick (Endgame)
In post 7519, RadiantCowbells wrote: The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Anything uPick has ended!
please read ty
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (isolation #433) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3475, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 3469, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3461, Theta Alpine wrote: cook flipping tells us a lot more about other slots
cook if scum has an ability that could take out a roles capabilities near-permanently in some fashion
cook is probably scum based on their reactions to wagon and other things that people like ranger have mentioned

aureals flip would confirm that those in amway were not recruited though
we could prove that with two more recruits today to put us over the threshold of half the slots mafia if it was a mafia recruit
or the logic that an actual factional recruit would not be able to spread as fast as it did in a single day
seriously do you really think a list mod would design a role that could achieve wincon on day one
and you arent concerned if its a scum role that auto wins when X people trust it?
no cause such a role would be a role that could win on day one
not even night one
day one
i trust the listmods would not submit a role like that

the comparison role that was scum you keep bringing up had one thing this role does not
pacing
and having X recruits for X cycles could very well be another wincon
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (isolation #434) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

it gives out nice investigatives and roleblocks and powers to incentivize people to trust it more for longer and then blam day 3 you lose because aureal has made all the townies bankrupt or something
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3486 (isolation #435) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3484, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3479, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3470, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Ngl Koba just slipped by putting me as town in his fully informed readslist saying I’m scum like 24 hours later
how to say you arent actually paying attention to the game youre playing in without saying it outright(hell, even got the pronoun wrong):

(look at timestamps btw! crazy ik)
1) sorry for messing up your pronouns that is my bad
2) my point was really that I haven’t really done anything since your readjust, so it seems to me like you’re just saying whatever to push an elim over the finish line and discredit me
you haven't! but i have. I read the game and added more context to my reads and readjusted them, reevaluation is crazy, ik.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (isolation #436) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3487, KatyKimFanClub wrote: But u were fully informed when u made the read list… I was unaware you could get even more informed in that timespan that is my bad
i think you need to ISO the post, look where it is, and read onwards. you are mixing up when things happened :)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3501 (isolation #437) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3498, Theta Alpine wrote: oddly enough aureals role does allow a night one win for town potentially
if we were inclined to get power to three or four vigs and have good coordinated shots
but that would require solving the game that well in the first place at which point deserved

actually i do think we can sort aureal with cooks flip though
since i do not think that is svs with how aureal is being pushed
oh this is believable but a n1 scum win isnt' :Joy_cat:

ok lmao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3503 (isolation #438) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3492, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: pretty sure town but not like 100% like the above group:
KatyKimFanClub
quote edited to remove other people in same tier of read
i reread myself and i realized i know what ur referring to now and i was kinda having a "manipulate this person by threatening them with a scumread" moment and now i get what ur saying (its not a scumslip btw i just sometimes be like that lol, and fwiw im very careful about how ive come across/my stances as scum moreso than town and actively want to have a clean worldview and all that)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3505 (isolation #439) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

also if powers arent being proven it reduces the power of my own flip, and scum can hide behind not having their previous claim being proven by saying theyre in amway, etc.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3535 (isolation #440) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

fine. i will consolidate on yimmy as it helps my worldview too as its in my "must be scum" pile and anyone flipping town in there at least prompts me to read more slots closer

VOTE: yimmy
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3546 (isolation #441) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh no. yimmy is plausibly town...

VOTE: aureal

anyways
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (isolation #442) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

here's where im at: if aureal flips town, i can just plow through cook/ircher and expect 2 scum there 100% IMO and then its something like StD i misread and idk ill figure out the last one in this scenario later bc its too hard to visualize an aureal town world
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (isolation #443) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3577, DkKoba wrote: here's where im at: if aureal flips town, i can just plow through cook/ircher and expect 2 scum there 100% IMO and then its something like StD i misread and idk ill figure out the last one in this scenario later if aureal flips town bc its too hard to visualize an aureal town world
ebwop b4 ppl start crying "muh slip" when i tend to do implication heavy statements due to my native tongue lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3582 (isolation #444) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

yea the color thing is, in a scum context, realistically fishing for role info. with aureal scum, this may be fishing for a town role that may be as complex as hers.

i do think its a little funny if we have been fighting over scum/scum wagons this whole day lol

also deadline is under 24 hours, last i remember aureal was in the lead so lets consolidate there please?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (isolation #445) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 96, Aureal wrote:
In post 93, Save The Dragons wrote: cook is town
Is she really though?
In post 238, Aureal wrote:
In post 231, Cook wrote: good morning town
Good morning to you also!

I responded to your prompt because I am town!

:lol:
In post 454, Aureal wrote:
In post 436, Cook wrote:
In post 423, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 408, Cook wrote: off the top of my head, here’s people i think have been making an impact and in what order

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

if i am missing your name you haven’t posted recently or i straight up forgot you existed
I see how it is....
you bring up a point

where IS everyone else

Busy wearing a cool hat.

Right?!?!
In post 848, Aureal wrote:
In post 795, DkKoba wrote: also small little detail: i feel that the scum team received PMs that had different colors, as the fact that they are guaranteed to be formed of a team with a different designer for each role, which is what may have prompted the cook discussion about role PM colors. this is just theory crafting but how I explain that whole thing in a scum!cook world.

What happened to it being unethical to talk about PM colors?

Also what cook discussion?
In post 2232, Aureal wrote: Lol nice try

Pretend this UNVOTE: DragonEater70 is a vote for Cook
In post 3407, xyzzy wrote:
votecount 1.29
agdq 2024 is in pittsburgh! wow. if any of you are considering going and have questions, let me know

8 players voting for Aureal (Bingle, Cook, Political Clout, camelCasedSnivy, DkKoba, Save The Dragons, Aureal, Meuh)
5 players voting for Cook (Ranger, Ircher, Theta Alpine, KatyKimFanClub, ofrhz)
1 player voting for KatyKimFanClub (Skygazer)
1 player voting for DragonEater70 (AniX)

3 players not voting (Klick, Aureal, DragonEater70)

with 17 votes, it takes 9 to eliminate.

mod notes: prodding KatyKimFanClub. replacing Klick — once a replacement is found, I will offer the replacement up to extend the current phase by up to 72 hours if it's a phase with a deadline. (in other words, if a replacement is found in the next 33 hours, day 1 could be extended, and if not, night 1 could be extended.)

deadline: (expired on 2023-09-01 00:00:00)
lol ok yeah these 2 are uber paired and aureal avoided voting cook until they were super competing wagons

aureal has the obviously more dangerous role seeing as they have been the more survivalistic of the 2 here and cook has seemed to intentionally tank their play
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3584 (isolation #446) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3408, Aureal wrote:
In post 3384, Ircher wrote: You should unvote.
UNVOTE:
Fine, I'll let people take responsibility for their own miselimination vote. But it should not have ever come to this point.

I cannot herd 12 other townies to victory when they are determined to not pay attention.

Like, right now we've got Koba sitting here acting like Meuh will get great power by inheriting my role. This is an obviously untrue position to take as Meuh will have zero recruits and thus zero power, but everyone just sits here in THIS IS FINE mode. Like they have been the entire game while Bingle and Koba constantly spin everything I do as scum, ignoring every rebuttal I make, and just pivoting back to make whichever argument works best for them at the moment as if none of the previous arguments ever happened. And you guys, especially DE, just eat it all up.

Seriously, the guy went "Aureal's question makes a good point and OH MY GOD SHE ACTUALLY THINKS KOBA SHOULD ANSWER THE QUESTION INSTEAD OF JUST ATTACKING HER?!? SCUM!!!!!" It's fucking insane. If DE is actually town here, Koba has him deeply pocketed- saying that DE is "one of the few people who are game state aware" is so ridiculous I'm not sure whether it's scum trying to boost a partner's credibility or scum giving a headpat to the townie who's so deep in their pocket that he's become an attack dog for them.

But sure, let's just go on NOT THINKING about why Koba suddenly decided, appropos of nothing, to start shitpushing me again, when there are so many others doing so much less. Was it the deadline imposition forcing them to take a miselimination back up now rather than risk the wagon on a buddy going through? Was it Bingle telling DE that I would be a good investigation target, risking my slot getting cleared when they want it dead and thought town would do it for them? Who knows? Not this town, because we're not gonna think about it! Not even after you flip me town and know that Koba arbitrarily decided to come up with something to get pissy about to start pushing a townie's wagon while Cook was the lead wagon, are you gonna think about it.

I don't have to look at this game again this phase so I'm just gonnaVOTE: Cook like I promised so long ago, and leave the rest of you to fuck things up however much you feel like. Maybe I'll actually be able to just stop looking at this trainwreck, hoping against hope that this time when I see new posts, it will be from people who actually seem to reside in the same reality as me, instead of people screaming at me for trying to say anything useful.

But probably I won't.
missed a quote but this was right under that votecount, and was the FIRST vote aureal gave against cook after weirdly shading them in a different way than how she has shaded others who have spoken out against her role
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (isolation #447) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

my apologies to the cook scumreaders who i called wrong but also pee pee poo poo u were also wrong on aureal (well most of you) :handshake:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (isolation #448) » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3588, Meuh wrote:
In post 3555, DragonEater70 wrote: I think you and Meuh are actually tunneled.

And I say that because I predicted you might scumread the slot before I opened page 142 even though I TR'd Yimmy for on page 141.
I understand why Yimmy entering the game would make people feel good about that slot, but I don't think it's cause Yimmy is doing anything town indicative. I think it's because Yimmy is actually posting real content (which has been missing from that slot for a while) and makes content that people find much more palatable (which RN didn't do)
I don't find Yimmy's opening super scummy, but there's nothing there that dislodges my bad feelings on RN in the slightest
he made more thought provoking content than aureal did in their entire iso which i feel deserves a reward at least for d1
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (isolation #449) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh i was right about ircher and they were lolbussing d1. interesting
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4232 (isolation #450) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

rolelist?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4236 (isolation #451) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4235, Cook wrote: this was certainly my strongest first half of d1 as mafia... ever, i think
d1 is an endurance test and ya gotta get to the end of d1 :P
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4241 (isolation #452) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i mean "shoot koba and mech confirm 1 scum" or "dont shoot koba and risk whole team outed" was a funny scenario
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4242 (isolation #453) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: after some review i have reached

pretty sure always town:
Meuh
Political Clout
DragonEater70
Theta Alpine
AniX
ofrhz

Save The Dragons
Ranger
camelCasedSnivy
KatyKimFanClub
Bingle

meh:
Skygazer
Cook

Klick

Ircher

Aureal

no mech required :cool:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (isolation #454) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

idk but i sure as hell was not risking losing to another damn scum trust me role
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4265 (isolation #455) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4263, T-Bone wrote: My design philosophy was negative utilities for all. Good job everyone.
Not so negative for me!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4271 (isolation #456) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4269, implosion wrote: I'm happy to release them so here was my PM to xyzzy with my roles (scum one was the only one that didn't get chosen iirc?):

Spoiler:
implosion wrote: Might've uh.... overdone one of them.

player nameCongratulations! you are a
town conditional jack-of-all-trades
! you win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

You have several one-shot abilities. Each ability can only be used if a particular condition was met in the previous game day.
  • Delayer: target a player. Any actions they take that night will instead resolve the following night. You may only use this if, during the previous game day, you did not make any votes and did not ever acknowledge that you did not make any votes (up to mod discretion).
  • Tracker: target a player to learn who they targeted during the night. You may only use this if you made at least five votes during the previous game day, all on different players, and each such vote was active for at least 24 consecutive hours. You must target one of those players.
  • Vigilante: target a player to kill them. You may only use this if you voted for a player in your first post of the preceding game day (which must have occurred within 24 hours of the day beginning), your vote remained on them for the entire day, and the day lasted for at least 72 hours. You may only target that player.
as long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

player nameYou are a
town Amway consultant
! you win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

You have the following abilities.

Recruitment drive:
during the day, you may quote a post (or part of a post) that someone else made, and respond with one of the following lines (without quotes):

"Have you heard about this new opportunity to make extra income?"
"I have something that could really help improve your finances."
"Do you want to learn about a secret to financial freedom?"
"I have a solution that could change your life."
"Have you ever thought about owning your own business?"
"I have a way for you to take control of your financial future."
"Do you want to secure a better future for you and your family?"
"I have a product that has helped so many people achieve their goals."
"Are you interested in learning about a unique investment opportunity?"
"I have something that could help you achieve financial independence."

If they acknowledge you after this in any way (either by commenting on what you said, quoting it, or mentioning your name in any capacity), and they are not already an Amway consultant, you will automatically create a neighborhood with them. In this neighborhood, you can offer them the ability to become an Amway consultant. If they accept, they will gain a copy of all of your abilities. The neighborhood will stay open even if they reject the offer, and if the offer has been made, they can choose to accept it at any time. This neighborhood will last until either one of you uses the
sell out and cut your losses
ability, or until they accept an offer to be an Amway consultant from someone else (in the event that multiple people have offered them). You may create up to 2 neighborhoods each game day.

Financial strain:
you may not use any abilities at night other than
, any abilities granted to you by
passive income
, and the factional kill (if relevant).

Sell out and cut your losses:
during the night, you may use this ability to leave Amway. If you do, you will lose all related abilities. If you use this, then you may not use any other abilities during that night, and you will lose your vote for the following day. Additionally, any Amway-related abilities targeting you will fail for the rest of the game.

Passive income:
for each person that you have recruited directly or indirectly (i.e., by having a chain of recruiters from you to them), you get 1 passive income. This includes players that have died, but not players that have used
. If you have enough passive income, you may use one of the following abilities at night:

If you have at least 1 passive income, you may target a player to send them a message. The message must include the word "Amway" somewhere in it.

If you have at least 3 passive income, you may target a player to create a neighborhood with them. If they are not already an Amway consultant, you may offer them the option to become one normally. If they are already an Amway consultant, this ability will fail.

If you have at least 6 passive income, you may target a player to roleblock them. Additionally, if they are not an Amway consultant, you will automatically open a neighborhood with them and recruit them as an Amway consultant.

If you have at least 10 passive income, you may target a player to kill them. If they were not an Amway consultant, you will also recruit them (and permanently earn passive income from them).

As long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

Hello! You are a
town temporary death miller.
You win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

If you die, you will flip as a random currently-living mafia member's role. When that mafia member dies, your flip will be corrected.

As long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

Hello! You are a
mafia rolethief!
You win once no members of opposing factions are alive, or when nothing can prevent this.

Once during the day, you may target a player. You may only target a player while voting for them, and you may not target the same player twice over the course of the game. If you target a member of the mafia, nothing will happen.

That night, you will be told one randomly chosen active ability that that player can use at night. You can use that ability, and if they attempt to use that ability that night, it will fail. If they do not have any night actions, you will be told as much, but you will not have any ability to use.

the other members of the mafia faction are PLAYER NAME, PLAYER NAME, and PLAYER NAME. you can privately communicate with them here:

For the rolethief it's up to your discretion what "a randomly chosen active ability" means if it's ambiguous for a role someone else submits; for these ones, for the JoAT, it'd get an ability but probably not be able to use it (unless it happened to fulfill the corresponding post restriction the previous day). For the Amway consultant, it'd randomly get either sell out and cut your losses (which would do almost nothing, but would give them immunity to amway) or one of the passive income abilities (which would do nothing because they wouldn't have passive income). They would get the full text of just that ability. If they targeted the death miller they'd be told "PLAYER doesn't have any night actions."

It brings me great joy that the amway role wound up proliferating. Writing that role pm was kind of a fever dream of a moment.
oh nvm i wasn''t in tbone's pile... cheers for the role, was very useful on me
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4278 (isolation #457) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4276, Cook wrote: i'm putting amway in gim
You will be boiled
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4283 (isolation #458) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4280, Cook wrote:
In post 4278, DkKoba wrote:
In post 4276, Cook wrote: i'm putting amway in gim
You will be boiled
don't worry i'm making it worse :)
Tbh not a horrible role bc I love hoods but it was used in such a way that I resented it heavily.
retired

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”