Micro 514: Dealing With Dragons Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by The Betting Pool »

Ah, being voted. And it all comes screaming back to me. Maybe.

Hi Wisdom!

VOTE: Wisdom

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:57 am

Getting a townish feel from Vedith and Firebringer for attitudes. Maybe leaning town on kyndy, but I need to check into her games to see if she has reason to know just how bad early VT claims are coming from town to decide.

Kyndy, can you elaborate on your scum-Vedith read?

Getting a nervous vibe from shaddowez for some reason. Kind of a hands off feel that's resorting a lot to theory over specificities to fill posts.

VOTE: shaddowez

Wisdom, any town reads yet?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:01 am

Grayfoxxxx, you ever play with town-Wisdom? Unless he's utterly changed in the last year-plus, his town playstyle overlaps quite a bit with his scum play. Possibly even more jumpy. Although his game opening was pretty much what I'd expect from town-Wisdom, heh.

P-edit: will quote post that felt weird in just a minute.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:04 am

In post 85, shaddowez wrote:
In post 82, Elbirn wrote:Also tell me why confidence is scummy plz

It's not necessarily confidence per se, but it's how it's being portrayed. The way you're doing it here reminds me of two separate games I've had where people that acted similarly were scum. I'm not saying that's evidence of you being scum, but its definitely skewing my view that way.

This is what pinged for me. Citing other people in this way sounds vague and less relevant that one might think at first glance. Combined with an RVS that felt nervous and I'd like to see what's going on here.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 pm

sorry guys, I had schedule difficulties, so this head is just now entering the game. I've caught up reading and I would be happy with a wisdom vote as well. as to the following question...

In post 205, Firebringer wrote:Betting got any reads?

How you feel about your wagon? Town aligned? Scum aligned?

we really don't have a wagon on us. we had a random rvs wagon and now some flailing for being inactive. as was said earlier, it's not pressure just because you call it pressure.

VOTE: wisdom

because scum.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:41 pm

In post 213, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE:

So wisdom, firebringer, kyndy are town. Minor town vibes from vedith?

The betting pool
GrayFoxxxx
Shadows
Axxle

Scum is in these 4.

gray is town, we are town, and wisdom is scum. the others on your reads list I am still deciding on. we should talk and figure out why we disagree on atleast three reads.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:44 pm

In post 220, Firebringer wrote:It's pressure because you are L-2.

Horrible response, I am good with betting lynch today.

incorrect sir, and I don't even have to go out of this game to prove you wrong. we already saw a lawl claim from their rvs L-2 and no one agreed that it was necessary because being at L-2 doesn't mean jack.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:55 pm

In post 222, Firebringer wrote:So you think wisdom was faking frustration at elbirn?

why would scum not be frustrated in the same situation when someone isn't siding with the argument they are trying to make? explain to me why it has to be fake.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:56 pm

In post 224, Firebringer wrote:I can't tell if you are cocky town or cocky scum.

>.>

yes
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:37 pm

I highly doubt you are going to catch wisdom for being forced or over the top.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:59 pm

In post 232, kyndy101 wrote:
In post 229, The Betting Pool wrote:I highly doubt you are going to catch wisdom for being forced or over the top.

-bunny

What do you think of Gray and wisdom's exchange?

gray comes off as town to me for several reasons. scum gray would be foolish to attack town wisdom this early with a weak argument, or at the very least backed off quickly and not engage as he did. what's the scum motivation for going after the hardest mislynch on the field? he had his choice of easier wagons.

wisdom comes off as scum for trying to write gray off as obvscum or a VI, giving him a "last chance" to back off, and being dismissive (this last bit may be alignment neutral for wisdom).
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 am

vedith it concerns me how you translated some of my posts...

1. my read of wisdom is not obvscum, I'm not that cocky day 1 on a veteran player.
2. gray gave several reasons in that interaction to come across as town, and I stated them because that was the question posed to me. He has done very little else then bicker with wisdom for me to read so how could I have anything else?

what is the meaning of this sentence?

In post 301, Vedith wrote:Your last post indicates that Wisdom is trying to push on Gray (Even though he's not him him).
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 am

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:18 pm

@ Axxle, I'm not in agreement with Lucky2u, but I want to see how Wisdom continues over the course of this day phase before I draw any conclusions. Meanwhile Lucky disagrees with me on shaddowez right now, so pretty much par for the course for our hydra, heh.

I'd vote you actually, but I kind of want to see if Wisdom's going to froth from the mouth a bit more before bugging Lucky to move our vote. Most of your posts don't feel like you're really trying to develop reads so much as look busy/engaged.

shaddowez, what's scum-Gray's motive for picking a fight with Wisdom? Especially one with such flimsy reasoning involved, almost guaranteed to piss off Wisdom. Right now it's not so much that he's a massively pro-town force as much as I don't see a reason for scum to play this way.

Rereading Vedith's ISO I'm still thinking town. The way he went after kyndy seemed unlikely to be scum going after an easy target, since unless they're buddies (in which case joke's on me) he'd look pretty bad if she flipped town. It felt genuinely distrustful after a couple rereads. I like the way he's hunting across the game too.

Firebringer: I find this amusing

In post 316, Firebringer wrote:Right now I feel betting isn't contributing much and piggy backing other peoples reads.
I don't think said anything trim their own.

When this is the most content-filled post I could find in your ISO:

In post 195, Firebringer wrote:So gray is reading null.
Unsure how to place kyndy
Verdith seems townish
Elbirn leaning town.
Everyone else ehh

Unless you'd like to point me to a better one. If so, I'm all eyes. What's your strongest read right now?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:25 pm

VOTE: axxle

I can hammer that claim.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Town Encrypter would be an enabler not an Encrypter. Town would have also claimed this vital info right away.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Weee! What a good night! :)
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Guys
Guys

...follow me to victory!

VOTE: firebringer

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:29 pm

In post 376, Elbirn wrote:
In post 374, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 373, Elbirn wrote:
In post 371, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Ok looks like I was wrong about axxle. Guess that clears wisdom to an extent

How so?

I'm betting he didn't bus.

In post 375, shaddowez wrote:
In post 371, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Ok looks like I was wrong about axxle. Guess that clears wisdom to an extent

Sooo....please tell me where you gave us your reads on Axxle? As a matter of fact, the only time Axxle shows up in your ISO outside of the quote of somebody else you're responding to is to say that his wagon has scum on it, which doesn't actually say you think Axxle was town.

I'm sticking with my latest read.

VOTE: Gray

Guys
Guys

Axxle was a mafia traitor. Scum would have zero knowledge that he was also scum. We can't look at axxle interactions from other people's perspectives.

^^^^^ 6/3 (for reasons below) would be way OP if all three knew one another's identities and two had daytalk.

In post 379, Elbirn wrote:I don't think I believe you.

Why do you scumread firebringer?

Because I've been scum reading him since yesterday, and for once Lucky and I are in agreement. Which clearly means he is irrefutable scum. And my read on Axxle was right yesterday, so a year away from Mafia (or maybe living with a dude) has honed my bullshit radar.

I suspect there are two scum left though; otherwise it would basically be an SK and an apprentice, and flavor also dictates two full scum.

Oh, and for emphasis:

Arglefraster!

VOTE: Firebringer
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:30 pm

^ --PA (got carried away there, whoops). Further thoughts in a bit if I don't conk out first.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:39 pm

i highly approve of that post.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:53 pm

OK, working from the assumption of Firebringer-scum and keeping in mind scum should have been using their daytalk Day One, remaining list of players (trying this new thing where I pretend like my reads aren't shit and proceed accordingly):

Elbirn: Will be
so
sad if he's scum, because he makes so much sense. I like people who make sense.

...fine, more detailed thoughts.

, I like the casual nature of his interaction with Firebringer in playing back the joke about town leader-ness. He's trying to get something out of RVS (besides pressure) in the subsequent posts, and he's thinking on the spot about his reads, as per the progression in , , and .

In and , he interacts with Firebringer in a very organic way, like he would knowing that Firebringer was a trolly player but hoping to get something useful out of him if he was coming at things from a town perspective. Then sure as hell isn't a Firebringer-partner post.

Scum-Elbirn would mean town-Wisdom, and I don't see scum-Elbirn pushing Wisdom quite so much as he does in posts after that point. Reading back, I like for wanting to talk to us about things that might give him a better read on us and clarify some hard-to-read players. Then is pretty town, not helping Firebringer with his wagon on us.

I'm going to have a lot of trouble ever buying scum-Elbirn.

Vedith:
In post 74, Vedith wrote:Also, Firebringer seems to play like this a lot.
I wouldn't call it a troll play, it's more of an attempt on a consistent play overall, making him a hard target to read. His Mafia style gives it away too much though.

I'm...not sure a partner would commit to this statement here. The first part could be hedging, but he implies he can spot scum-Firebringer, which means he's forced to bus in the event of a heavy wagon, which could be problematic in a Micro, even with a presumed traitor advantage.

I'll be shorter here, as a lot of Vedith's ISO feels like it makes sense as scum-hunting in context, but I'm not finding so many pull-quotes. Some of his later stuff feels less strong, but I come away from reading his ISO with a townie feel. I could be persuaded otherwise, but it would take some work.

Grayfoxxxx: Fuck if I know.

...fiiiine.

OK, truth time, his reaction to Wisdom is pretty much how I vaguely remember feeling after watching Wisdom play scum in a game we had together and then pontificate endlessly in the next game we had together. Like, lynch this PITA who's playing just like his scum game.

On the other hand, feels the need to express regret over being wrong on Axxle. Which...only a bit over half the game will be on any given wagon anyways? I'm not sure that merited an observation aside from trying to act like he's happy we lynched scum.

He barely mentions Firebringer at all, but he does pretty blindly sheep Firebringer's vote on us. Which...I'd expect scum with daytalk to spread their eggs out into multiple baskets more. And his relentless back-and-forth with Wisdom also seems like something a scum with daytalk would be warned away from?

Very weak town read; would like to see him do something today that is more content-generation as opposed to being picky at people.

shaddowez: My first scum read, and I'm not promising objectivity here. This:

In post 75, shaddowez wrote:I can't speak on Fire's play, since I haven't seen a game with him to know if he acts this way as scum or town.

is very non-committal. Others responded to the open question as well, but with actual answers, not just a disavowal of knowledge. Distancing?

Then three nothing-posts, followed by:

In post 85, shaddowez wrote:
In post 82, Elbirn wrote:Also tell me why confidence is scummy plz

It's not necessarily confidence per se, but it's how it's being portrayed. The way you're doing it here reminds me of two separate games I've had where people that acted similarly were scum. I'm not saying that's evidence of you being scum, but its definitely skewing my view that way.

Where there's not a commitment to a read, but setting up for a reason to scum-read Elbirn. Follows up with an explanation that doesn't feel like it's driving to a conclusion, then a prod-dodge. Defends scum-Firebringer in to explain why one type of confidence is good and another is bad.

I also feel like there's this push to avoid calling Gray-Wisdom fighting town vs. town that sets oddly in that post. And heh, almost feels like scum frustrated with a partner.

I'm also not sure I like shaddowez going back to the Gray well immediately upon two flips passing. I know there was time to think overnight, but it feels like nervous scum going for easy pickings to get back on track.

Probably plenty of confirmation-bias there, but I'm still feeling like shaddowez could very easily be scum.

Wisdom (our totes bestie!): So if our Vedith and Elbirn reads are right, Wisdom being town makes the lynch on Axxle an all-town wagon. It did happen quickly, which does mean scum might have missed out entirely (assuming no cross-knowledge of identities).

Having saved the
most tedious
best for last, here we go.

Going to avoid too many quotes here, but I do like the freeform feeling of Wisdom's suspicions on people in the wake of kyndy's wagon. He defends her, explaining why she's town, then gets tetchy over her interactions with scum reads in . He jumps around a lot, then hones in on Grayfoxxxx. His subsequent hop onto me is about par for the course, although given his fairly lousy track record of reading me, I'm not wild about it.

In post 184, Wisdom wrote:[Firebringer], axxle and shadoweh are my only solid townreads

everyone else is ugh

I'm fairly unimpressed that a supposed town-Wisdom manages to strong town-read minimum two of the three scum here. I mean, he can be all over the place, but that's pretty bad, even for him.

(OK, I lied, I'm going to pull quotes here. It's just easier)

In post 187, Wisdom wrote:among the ugh reads:

kyndy could be town because claim
gray could be town because i think he wouldnt push me like that as scum
vedith could maybe be town because of his moonlogic that i mostly associate with town

that leaves Elbirn and The Betting Pool

This on the other hand is more reason to think maybe town-Wisdom. It doesn't leave him many places to fall back to. If he's scum who knew they might be able to win on two mislynches, maybe that works. And heaven knows Wisdom doesn't generally feel compelled to stick to his reads for long.

You know what, I'm not sure if this. is opportunistic scum-Wisdom or PITA-jumpy town-Wisdom. I'm going to let the day play out a bit more and hopefully get some other people's opinions here on what he's done so far. Also might double-ISO him with Firebringer, see what shakes out.

And taking a look at Firebringer's ISO next to consider where his partner might be based on that. Might be later this weekend, as I should probably get some sleep.

--PA, who probably won't go get sleep
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah, I just keep getting 'scum, scum, scum' reading Firebringer's ISO. I don't think he's partnered with Elbirn, but that's about all I can parse at this hour. Screw it, will revisit later. I do think he was feeling very certain of himself Day One, which could mean that his reads list in bumped his partner down below a town read at all. But it's iffy.

I will say that this:

In post 172, Firebringer wrote:This fight between wisdom and verdith felt TvM.
Leaning scum on wisdom
Leaning town on verdith.

I don't know I don't trust my read on wisdom ATM.

In post 173, Wisdom wrote:no idea how you can get me-scum from a discussion where verdith was making no sense

doesn't feel like scum staging a read on a teammate when they have daytalk available.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:49 am

In post 387, Wisdom wrote:penguin why are you treating firebringer like flipped scum? You are literally trying to read people as if he has flipped scum already.

:claps: Well-spotted! Have a cookie. Eh, maybe two since I do think your vote is probably in the second best place for today.

What's your thinking on shaddowez, given this:

In post 183, Wisdom wrote:you've had something from betting, a bullshit accusation on shadoweh

In post 184, Wisdom wrote:you, axxle and shadoweh are my only solid townreads

everyone else is ugh

from yesterday?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:04 am

Can you also please take a look at Firebringer's ISO? Read it looking for the scum POV and see what you think. In particular look at and consider what of those reads he puts any thought behind prior to his 'reads list' in . He spent all day yesterday spearheading this 'pressure' wagon on us out of RVS without bothering to consider what kind of response would actually make us redeemed as town in his eyes. This isn't the play of scum-hunting town. It's scum trying to look like he has opinions without committing to anything that might be unpopular/inconvenient down the road.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 am

In post 393, Elbirn wrote:*rubs temples*

Preflip Associations are worthless
There's no evidence of scum having day chat
Traitors know the scum team, the rest of the scum team doesn't know the traitor.

That wall of text was just loads of conjecture on things that aren't true.

Ah, right, I was thinking the traitor was actually the team's encryptor off the fakeclaim. Bad reading on my part. (Although unless things have changed a lot in the last year, traitors can work with different levels of mutual knowledge on the scum team's part; it's set-up dependent)

Believe me about Firebringer or don't; I'm pretty sure you're town so I don't care overmuch. He's the lynch for today. Although I would like to talk about shaddowez with you as well. What stands out most for you in his play thus far?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 am

In post 397, Firebringer wrote:I still think Betting Pool is scum so thats where my vote is going: (Go ahead and call it OMGUS scrub)

Ok.... OMGUS!

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 am

1) Why isn't he scum in your reading? And 2) only one scum left? Do you know flavor?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm

In post 404, Elbirn wrote:I think I already went over why he's not town, also did you not say earlier that 3 scum would be overkill? Shortly before you went off looking for two scum of course.

But yeah

(Assuming you mean not scum)

I said three scum who all knew one another's identities would be overpowered. My personal bet is that Axxle just knew something about the Mafia powers, not their identities. And certainly not vice versa. But we won't know until post-game, so whatever. I'm assuming no identity knowledge on traitor or scum team's parts, but you can work from whatever stance makes sense to you, obviously.

Correct me if there's more I'm missing, but you think Firebringer's town because Axxle moved back to him while at L-1 and floundering. When Axxle may not have known the scum team identities at all. Earlier you liked him for town for his over the top brashness, effectively. Which he embodied by uselessly pushing our wagon all day and contributing zilch for content/dissectable reads.

Look, I haven't played with you before; you don't know me from Adam. (Well, Eve in my case, but you get the gist) But can you just take five minutes and look through Firebringer's ISO assuming that I'm not a complete idiot? His posts, his words, his choices of play here. If you still think he's a paragon of towniness I'll stop prattling at you about it (no promises for the rest of the players) and just talk to you about Shaddowez being scummy instead where I think we might actually agree.

Which, I would like to discuss his play here? Not everything in my wall revolved around scum-Firebringer, and given that my thoughts on him yesterday got a grand total of this for attention:

In post 183, Wisdom wrote:you've had something from betting, a bullshit accusation on shadoweh

a discussion here would be appreciated.

And since you didn't answer about flavor knowledge, I'll save time and note that aside from Woraug the villains are wizards, a father and son pair, and wizards are the recurring villains throughout the series. As some might not have read these books to bits as a kid. If it's not three scum divvied into a team of two plus a traitor, I will whine incessantly at goodmorning in post-game.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #30) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I'll be in and out over the course of the evening, probably not drinking, but sure, have at it.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 pm

PA = penguin_alien, my main. Believe me after this week, if I didn't think I might drown certain sorrows in it, I might have some shots. Although I have yet to manage to get drunk, so.

I'd like to hear about your shaddowez read more. It might be the case that we're pretty much in complete agreement and it's just the mutual affirmation society, but since some of it is just a feeling on my part, I'd like to talk it out to see if it's based in reality.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:08 pm

If we're both scum-reading shaddowez, discussing it might just be mutually affirming our read rather than picking it apart in a constructive/paranoid manner. No rush.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 pm

In post 420, Elbirn wrote:Now then, read Axxles role card. "Co-conspirators" reads exactly like a traitor who knows the scum team. "You are given to know...." sounds like the scum team identities there.

Tell me what you think of this. Axxle knowing his team mates complicates things, and I think he interacted with firebringer in a way that points to him being town, not a partner.

In post 405, The Betting Pool wrote:My personal bet is that Axxle just knew something about the Mafia powers, not their identities.

Like "You are given to know that Mafia have daytalk" instead of "You are given to know that Mafia are 'X' and 'Y'" Since if we hadn't lynched scum yesterday we'd be in potential LyLo today, giving scum a way to quickhammer is...problematic. Like regular Mafia take one townie vote to L-1, traitor knows he can hammer with impunity.

Telling the traitor that scum have daytalk, for example, explains Axxle's weird claim and would give him a way to look for his buddies (look for indicators two people were in synch). I could be way off on this. But I also think that if he did know Firebringer was main-Mafia group, he was interacting with/about him in a way one might with a scum buddy. Getting adversarial over RVS stuff (that doesn't matter long-term), giving Firebringer's playstyle a potential out by letting others highlight how trolly it is, putting him as his top scum read while at L-1. I mean, he knew he was going to flip Mafia. He had a ton of pressure on him. He wasn't going to be dictating wagons any time soon. Why not suggest a scum buddy as his top wagon choice before he goes down? It's not conclusive, but I'm less interested in chasing our tails about a flipped scum's supposed reads than looking at the 400+ other posts that are mostly from town by default and scum-hunting there. If that makes sense.

As far as yesterday, not frustrated per se. Just looking for conversation.

Speaking of which, can we use this day phase to discuss shaddowez as well? I'm assuming he'll be back talking tonight, along with Vedith. And maybe even GrayFoxxxx?!? Whee. What's pinging scummy on shaddowez for you?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

See . It doesn't all revolve around Firebringer being scum. And given what you said above, would you vote him? And why do you read GrayFoxxxx as useless scum instead of useless town?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Opinions, Vedith?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:36 am

well that was unexpected... I think that made me even more suspicious of Wisdom.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 am

That would be a terrible misplay by scum. It would be obvious why Firebringer was saved and we'd speed lynch him tomorrow. Better to use it to make yourself appear town. Clearly it worked on you didn't it?

-bunny.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:18 am

You have to think long term, no sense in delaying your partners death.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 am

I was good with opinions on anything, actually; more curious where you'd opt to jump in. So what's making you town read shaddowez?

No especial opinion on Wisdom off that play; paranoia reigns supreme however I finish analyzing it. Less scummy than it could have been, I'll at least say.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:01 am

^ is L-1, by the way. Please no hammer before a claim. Which I would highly encourage Firebringer do in his next post even without hammer intent in this case.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 am

Cannot stop laughing. Lucky, you want to take this one?

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:56 am

With pleasure PA.

In post 455, Firebringer wrote:Ohhh wow.

Okay, well I am some wizard character, role is Roleblocker.
I blocked Shaddowez
last night. I don't like this train on me, and Betting seems trying real hard to look town. I don't know maybe I am wrong about him, I really doubt it though.

We know for a fact that this is a lie. Fire did not visit shadow last night, but he did visit our poor dead kyndy.

Someone hammer and someone else protect us tonight.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:56 am

In post 465, Wisdom wrote:/still prefer lynching shadow

No you don't. You prefer lynching Firebringer. Now do it!
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 am

In post 461, Wisdom wrote:
In post 459, Elbirn wrote:The wizards are the villains of the story, as betting pool explained earlier (one of the heads, PA I think, has read the books), and from what I've looked up that checks out.

wouldnt gm give him a fakeclaim if flavor was alignment indicative?

Also, Woraug as traitor is perfect with flavor, as he worked with dragon's long-standing nemeses wizards to steal the dragon kingship. Axxle had a fakeclaim he used. Our role PM fits with flavor; doesn't yours, Wisdom?

Actually, is there any particular reason you're not full-claiming now that you used your role? Or maybe you feel like talking about your shaddowez scum read and maybe why POE puts him as scummier than Vedith when Vedith was weak town for moonlogic and you felt good about shaddowez all of Day One? I'd like to maximize analysis for this day phase.

And in particular, knowing that everything I wrote in and was actually based on knowing Firebringer was scum (since someone suspicious of her wouldn't have protected her and a cop/tracker was unlikely) and was documented in case of a quicklynch or dayvig on us, I'd appreciate any discussion/dissent of the analysis there from anyone.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:48 am

:headdesk: You really suck at this discussion thing, don't you.

We'll be considering night action choices and hoping to live until morning. Hint, hint.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Well due to my own paranoia, I forced penguin to track Wisdom. He went nowhere. That indicates a result, which excludes the possibility we were blocked or he was immune. He could still be a ninja, but I'm not THAT paranoid. Honestly I'm a little sad Wisdom is likely town.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:25 pm

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Also that is some wifom nka... Who the hell shoots gray in this situation? Elbrin... You scum bro?

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:52 pm

I can tell you likely bad vote. Why didn't you vig shaddowez? As we assumed you'd do based on saying that shaddowez would die partway through yesterday.

At any rate, by my calculations, if you're a vig, we're a tracker, Wisdom is a town PR, we lynch shaddowez or Vedith today.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Also, please no doc/protective claim yet. I'm thinking some stuff over with Lucky shortly, and there's already a ton of information out there.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Double-check how ascetic works...

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:27 pm

honestly I am not as comfortable with you as town with this entrance you've made today. why do you assume a doc and why are you trying to out that person?
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Waiting on shaddowez to show up before pursuing anything there.

Vedith, opinions on what's been going on? Reads on shaddowez and Elbirn? Haven't seen much out of you since early Day One.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:07 pm

shaddowez, what about that quote sticks out to you to indicate scum-Elbirn? What about the content of each of their posts, not just their interactions with flipped scum, one of whom might not even have known his teammates? What would you consider to be a strong argument for Vedith?

Vedith, waiting on more thoughts about the game state and what's motivating your reads.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 am

Paranoia says it could have been doc fishing on Elbirn's part or just hoping to push the lynch on Wisdom to buy time. Seeing as, without an effectively innocent tracking result on Wisdom, I could see that working. If we'd tracked shaddowez, assuming shaddowez-town for a sec, it comes down to Wisdom, Elbirn, Vedith. Get Wisdom lynched, shrug shoulders at a town flip, interfere with our track the next night (assuming scum has some power to mess with town-investigative, even if only once) and NK now-known shaddowez-town, cross fingers for the end game of us, Vedith, him.

Question for me is, why would Elbirn have had Firebringer do the NK Night One if that was the case? Unless the consensus is that they were both very town-read at the time or if Elbirn was the one with the scum PR.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:09 am

So we have:

TBP: Morwen, tracker
Vedith: Roxim, VT
Elbirn: Cimorene, even-night vig
Wisdom: Kazul, one-shot governor
shaddowez: Stone Prince, BP

to recap. They all more or less make sense with flavor, FWIW.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 am

Your ability should be made clear to you if this isn't a bastard mod game so far as I know. Ask goodmorning for clarification.

In the meantime, no hammer please? I don't see any reason to rush this day's lynch before shaddowez and Vedith both talk more.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Here's what I don't like about what's going on with you elbrin...

I try to imagine you being scum and it's too easy to see why your actions make sense. You don't kill shadow because you know there is a mislynch there. Your not a vig so you never intended to kill him. You really kill kyndy because reasons. You claim a vig kill on Wisdom because you want to out the doc. Once you know who the doc is you can kill them tonight knowing for sure your kill will go through. Even though they didn't protect Wisdom you can claim some BS story about your power working different then you thought. Now you've found out there is no doc! You kill us tonight, because you have to, and go 1v1 against Vedith tomorrow with Wisdom as the deciding vote.

Asking for us to lynch shadow without further discussion really comes across scummy right now since your story on your role power is currently under scrutiny...

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm

We will be operating under the assumption that Wisdom and ourselves are the only cleared town from this point forward. As much as it pains me to say... Wisdom is our only friend right now.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:22 pm

1. I didn't read the books so I don't know who that is.

2. I played a harry potter themed game where the scum had HARRY POTTER as their safe claim.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #61) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:52 am

In post 542, Wisdom wrote:#still cool with a shadow hammer

Same here. It's the necessary lynch for today.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #62) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 am

The idea of a mod not clarifying a role power is absurd. If shaddowez isn't the last scum I hope Elbirn gets scrutiny by people tomorrow.

--PA
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Well chosen, Wisdom, and well played all. Interesting, if swingy, set-up. And of course flavor rocked. Thanks for game, goodmorning!

We tracked Firebringer because we thought he'd be more town read than his partner and so would do the kill. Funny how that worked out...!

--PA

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”