Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3299 (isolation #200) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3206, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3193, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3187, Noraa wrote:VOTE: Gypyx
lets see how this wagon does
kinda wanna call you scum for even daring to express a scumread on obvtown me just to show you that this reasoning you had is flawed tbh lol
VOTE: gypyx
Why are we voting people for making townposts
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3301 (isolation #201) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:48 am

where did Zaiden go?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3302 (isolation #202) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 am

In post 3281, MariaR wrote:Going from a Day 1 TR to a global SR? Wow it's almost like how all my town games go these days when I'm already out of my wolfrange *shrug* Cya after work
In what way are you out of your scumrange?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3305 (isolation #203) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 am

In post 3282, Cheetory6 wrote:got em.
you really couldn't resist getting defensive to my elaborate trap?
ah yes. another pet tell that I like but may or may not be real.

I've definitely seen it be real, and I would believe that mwb might fall for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3307 (isolation #204) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 am

In post 3300, Noraa wrote:also how is that a town post in any way?
because town are more likely to be contrary and piss people off and scum are more likely to be conciliatory and try to make friends
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3308 (isolation #205) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:54 am

Lol, yeah, I was asking Gypyx why you disappeared from his readlist, not asking you why you'd stopped posting :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3316 (isolation #206) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:02 am

In post 3309, Noraa wrote:Do you see anyone being conciliatory?
I'm saying that Gypyx wasn't being conciliatory.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3326 (isolation #207) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 am

In post 3318, Noraa wrote:Yeah if no one's being conciliatory, your tell doesn't mean anything.
The following people are being more conciliatory than Gypyx was in that post:
MURDERCAT
Zaiden
Jingle
Something_Smart
PookyTheMagicalBear
SirCakez
Morning Tweet
PrivateI
Jake The Wolfie
Gamma Emerald
midwaybear
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3365 (isolation #208) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:41 am

In post 3345, MariaR wrote:2) Never kill SPF here ever
Why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3399 (isolation #209) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:14 pm

In post 3398, midwaybear wrote:By the way, it is interesting that SB forgot Gamma, PrivateI, and me from her readslist.
rUlE oF tHrEe
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3412 (isolation #210) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:38 pm

In post 3402, Gamma Emerald wrote:@S_S lmao I thought of it, but idk how well rule of three by omission works
has anyone seen scum actually do something like that with deliberate intent?
No, I don't think it applies. I think it's +town for all three.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3413 (isolation #211) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:39 pm

In post 3409, Pink Ball wrote:This was absolutely calculated.
I don't know how meticulous of a scumplayer Kanna is, but I doubt it...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3425 (isolation #212) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:55 am

PB, you're acting very weird. Can you cut to the chase, please?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3427 (isolation #213) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:29 am

In post 3426, midwaybear wrote:Also, are you not townreading Murdercat? I felt like he was super town off of the Kanna flip.
Really?

Murdercat:
- hard pushed Cakez
- voted SB when the wagon was already high (6th vote if I counted right)
- did not unvote when SB softed, but unvoted when she claimed (in a way that was directly contradictory to her soft), saying he needed more time to think about it
- continued to shade her, including saying "let's just flip her" twice... but also suggested starting wagons on both Cakez and Maria
- didn't revote her ever

Also, he sticks out like a sore thumb if you look at a comparison of SB's reads to the playerlist sorted by post count (); he is in the middle by post count but at the top of her reads, which might imply an ulterior motive for putting him there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3431 (isolation #214) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:34 am

Yeah I mean I hate to say it but PB is kinda... holding the game hostage :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3434 (isolation #215) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:44 am

Lilith has also pointed out that looks like an odd gambit from Murder that he never explained.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3457 (isolation #216) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 am

In post 3436, Pink Ball wrote:Just started pushing Private, you can follow that line or begin your own line of thought. I encourage you doing that actually, since I'm pretty sure you hit the jackpot
Sorry, I got the impression that you were going to do something big soon. Was that not accurate?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3458 (isolation #217) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 am

Lmao cheet
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3517 (isolation #218) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:45 pm

In post 3508, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I did explain it, I used it to read Noraa and once I had a TR on her I wanted to see how others interacted with her wagon. I was looking for scum who would shade Noraa without voting her, as voting Noraa often causes a lot of pain for you and is something you would want to avoid as scum. This was what had me looking at Cake more closely.
Okay, that makes sense. She figured it was some kind of bait but didn't see an immediate connection between it and your push on Cakez.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3518 (isolation #219) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:45 pm

In post 3516, MURDERSUNNY wrote:killed for reads?
When her reads are the same as everyone else's? Doubtful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3542 (isolation #220) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:59 pm

I continue to not think that spf was killed for reads given how similar they are to everyone else's.

Maaaaaaybe the Gamma read, but that still feels like a stretch.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3549 (isolation #221) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:36 pm

In post 3547, MariaR wrote:@S_S Why was PB holding the game hostage a bad thing?
Because it wastes everyone's time. I thought that he was preparing for some big thing, which would naturally make me not want to really get engaged with the day before seeing what it is (because obviously it would matter a lot for the course of the game). Seems like I was mistaken there, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3569 (isolation #222) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:12 am

In post 2960, Pink Ball wrote:I read one ISO in particular that caught my attention last day and I think I have my second correct scumread. It's not you, and if I'm right, you're town
So wait. This was referring to PrivateI?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3572 (isolation #223) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 am

I find it objectionable, to be sure, but I didn't feel that objecting would actually accomplish anything.

I suppose we could wagon them to get them to post more, instead of wagoning a lurker who's unlikely to produce content if wagoned.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3577 (isolation #224) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 am

In post 3573, Pink Ball wrote:Nope
Who was it referring to?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3578 (isolation #225) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:43 am

In post 3576, Jingle wrote:Compared to Gamma/PI, though, Jake has been very under the radar with worse play. It's fascinating.
I think the difference is that Jake was very much over the radar for a bit, and they were towny during that time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3597 (isolation #226) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:16 am

In post 3593, SirCakez wrote:I am paranoid about everyone agreeing on the same pool
I mean is it really surprising that everyone wants to kill the lurkers?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3603 (isolation #227) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:20 am

In post 3599, SirCakez wrote:I mean they aren't just scummy for lurking they all have bad associations around the SB wagon day 1
That's quite a coincidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3621 (isolation #228) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:40 am

In post 3619, MariaR wrote:Do I think S_S is? Yes.
Only if I'm town. My recent scumgames have had a pattern where they start off relatively strong, then break down.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3632 (isolation #229) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:13 am

In post 3623, MariaR wrote:Sheeping? Yup he does that as scum
?????
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3633 (isolation #230) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:14 am

I'm not sure that I've ever naked sheeped as scum in my life.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3635 (isolation #231) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:47 am

No, but if you have a specific example in mind you can feel free to post it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3667 (isolation #232) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:32 am

In post 3637, Gypyx wrote:hey S_S do you agree with the push on PI?

□ Yes
X No
□ Why the fuck are you making boxes
□ other (pls detail)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3668 (isolation #233) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:36 am

In post 3648, Jingle wrote:Mostly agree with this. I think there's at most one scum in the 10.
why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3671 (isolation #234) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:41 am

Jingle: "I want real info, I don't want to just kill a lurker"...while voting Jake
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3672 (isolation #235) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:42 am

If you want spice how about this

VOTE: MURDERSUNNY
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3676 (isolation #236) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:48 am

Speaking of scum waiting to see...
In post 3506, MURDERSUNNY wrote:The other stuff is fine, but this was very explicit to see if the wagon would go through without me and to give more info to Titus.
What info did you and Titus get from this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3678 (isolation #237) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:48 am

In post 3675, Jingle wrote:For example, somebody actually townreads Jake.
I townread PI !
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3680 (isolation #238) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:50 am

I already made the case

It didn't start off as a case; I just wanted to refute mwb's claim that Murder's play around the SB wagon was towny. But after summarizing it... it looked pretty bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3691 (isolation #239) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:55 am

In post 3689, Noraa wrote:stop agreeing with me! it makes me think ur scum >:(
Lmao

It makes me think he's scum too, which makes me think he's town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3695 (isolation #240) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:56 am

Cakez did you explain that Murder read anywhere?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3698 (isolation #241) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 am

In post 3694, Noraa wrote:I don't even know honestly.
I don't think there has been a case, at least not one I can remember. I think it's just a standard garden-variety lurker execution and all of people's additional reasons are confbias.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3706 (isolation #242) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:09 am

In post 3699, Cheetory6 wrote:lets get some words on this
heel-turn is somewhat towny for someone with so little content. Shows lack of an agenda.
possible townslip
the bit on PB vs. SB (putting SB higher because he has PB lower and they aren't S/S) would be very gutsy from scum knowing that SB likely goes down soon.
Plus the Noraa push is basically a vanity which is more likely to be pursued by town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3707 (isolation #243) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:10 am

In post 3701, Noraa wrote:I just want this day over and a fresh start tomorrow.
Why don't you just do whatever you want to do tommorow right now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3711 (isolation #244) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:14 am

In post 3708, Noraa wrote:ah so you think pushing pink ball again today is a wonderful idea?
I mean, it's not a worse idea than doing it tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3713 (isolation #245) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 am

In post 3710, SirCakez wrote:On day 1
Can you link it? ISO digging is hard on mobile
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3714 (isolation #246) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:18 am

In post 3712, Noraa wrote:yeah it is. no one will listen today but tomorrow will be different.
...I seriously doubt that people will listen to your case on PB tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3717 (isolation #247) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 am

In post 3715, Cheetory6 wrote:I could be wrong but it feels borderline uncharacteristic of you to point this out and put any stock into it.
I mean, there are two worlds-- the world where SB was referred to as "Spring Breeze" in the mafia PT (not a townslip), and the one where she's referred to as "Kanna" (likely a townslip).

So yeah, I would shoot down someone saying it definitely is. But it's possible.

For what it's worth, if Pooky is scum, the odds of it being a townslip go way up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3722 (isolation #248) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:38 am

In post 3718, Cheetory6 wrote:third world:
scum can lie and this isn't Monty's first time playing mafia ever.
can != will (how's that for some boolean logic)

PI has 10 posts. Clearly he's not posting except when he finds something really important. Would it really occur to him to make a throwaway post, just for distancing, asking a question he already knows, when he has so little content and is in danger of being lurker-exed if he doesn't step it up?

Maybe? But that doesn't seem very likely to me.

(Also, it looks like he hasn't played scum in 6 years, unless I missed something. So it's not his first rodeo, but he's not exactly an expert.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3724 (isolation #249) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:41 am

For the record, it's not like my townread on PI is super strong or anything. There's only so much alignment indicative content you can even put out in 10 posts. But it is there, and I think the scum case on him is more nebulous than the town case, at least.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3798 (isolation #250) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:19 am

In post 3760, Gypyx wrote:putting your scumbuddy on top of your townreads would be a pretty fucking ballsy move i'd say
This was part of my reasoning, actually; most of SB's townreads were high posters. Murder was the exception, which makes me think that maybe she wanted to put a partner high up for WIFOM even if she didn't have solid logic on it.

(The other people who are noticeably out-of-place are Jingle and midwaybear, who I've also suspected for various reasons, though I've been liking Jingle more recently.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3799 (isolation #251) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:21 am

In post 3767, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I'm town and won't be flipped so don't bother
Where have I heard this one before...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3802 (isolation #252) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:24 am

In post 3776, Zaiden wrote:Something_Smart's vote onto Spring Breeze was quite quick and opportunistic - considering they had been on Cakez the whole time.
Who had been on Cakez the whole time?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3805 (isolation #253) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:26 am

In post 3801, Gypyx wrote:why would she do it to a scumbuddy more than a townie?
I mean, I would imagine that it's harder to fake a townread on a buddy than on a townie. So the general mechanism that she was using for forming reads, which was clearly correlated with postcount, might not work as well when applied to a partner. Of course she could have put Murder high to pocket him, or because she genuinely thought he was towny, but this is also a possibility.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3806 (isolation #254) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 am

In post 3790, PrivateI wrote:My target was SPF, a factor I'm well aware doesn't work in my favour.
Why did you choose spf to target?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3810 (isolation #255) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 am

In post 3790, PrivateI wrote:Cephrir... will be quite upset with you if you politely ask MurderSunny to leave, whom he believes is overly transparently town.
Can you ask him for a tl;dr on this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3812 (isolation #256) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:35 am

In post 3808, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I immediately called her on this, that's one of the interactions I was talking about.
When was this? Can't find it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3818 (isolation #257) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:41 am

In post 3814, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I may have been thinking of a different list
What exactly in that post did you object to? She certainly wasn't calling you locktown there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4091 (isolation #258) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 am

Error did not change anything worth noting for me.

Please do not vig me.

VOTE: Close Thread
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4094 (isolation #259) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:24 am

Well yeah, obviously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4220 (isolation #260) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 pm

VOTE: Morning Tweet
In post 4124, Jingle wrote:SS, claim.
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4264 (isolation #261) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:48 am

In post 4228, Zaiden wrote:I think it makes sense for S_S to claim and speak up so that we can figure all figure out what the situation here is.
What would that help?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4265 (isolation #262) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:50 am

In post 4230, Noraa wrote:Unless you seem to think scum has a ninja which ... FUCK that actually does make sense cuz town has a watcher.
It's possible. Less likely because PB was only 2-shot, and they have another strongman or a UB. But possible.

But it doesn't matter, they're not going to blindly expend a ninja shot on a non-priority kill N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4266 (isolation #263) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:53 am

In post 4233, Noraa wrote:Can morning and S_S claim their peach flavors?
Rio Grande.

I vended to two dead people, though, so it's unlikely to matter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4267 (isolation #264) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:55 am

In post 4238, Zaiden wrote:I don't see why scum MariaR would bus S_S.
I'm pretty sure Maria thinks little enough of my scumgame that she would bus the shit out of me if we rolled scum together.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4268 (isolation #265) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 am

In post 4260, midwaybear wrote:I'm pretty sure this game was confirmed to be 14:4.
I don't think it is, but playing a 13:5 game would be a waste of everyone's time and would randomly award points to the 5 people lucky enough to roll mafia, so I doubt it's that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4271 (isolation #266) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:07 am

I don't think that I'm necessarily the NK; for one, there's probably still a protective somewhere, and scum presumably just used their other strongman shot (I would be surprised if they had more than two).

I can at least say that I don't have any useful information, if that puts your mind at ease. But the only other advantage to claiming would be if it helps ensure that MT dies today, which seems like it's happening anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4273 (isolation #267) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:10 am

In post 4272, Noraa wrote:This is annoying - that your peaches can't be confirmed >:(
Would it matter if they could? Obviously scum can give out peaches too, or the game would be hilariously broken.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4278 (isolation #268) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:15 am

In post 4274, Noraa wrote:Well but morning doesn't seem to be able to confirm a single peach ....
Well yeah, because she has to claim to have vended to spf N1, and everyone was supposed to vend to PB last night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4305 (isolation #269) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:08 am

In post 4285, Jingle wrote:You softed a pr and are in a mechanical 1v1. Why wouldn’t you be claiming today?
If I don't think I need to in order to win the 1v1?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4307 (isolation #270) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:11 am

Also, for the record, I am better as scum than to blatantly slip that PI is flipping town. I could have added an "if PI flips town" in there, but there would have been no point, since it was clearly implicit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4310 (isolation #271) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 am

In post 4309, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm worried that scum has something like an informant on a specific peach vendor being a specific role?
Seems unlikely. That would be rude.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4324 (isolation #272) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:32 am

In post 4313, Jingle wrote:The potential fruit slip does change things, but wasn’t there when I asked originally (nor was I aware of it when I explained the question) but the presumptive need to claim was pretty obvious and ensuring we had time to deal with it was common sense.
I'm not against claiming, if people determine that it will actually help them sort between me and MT (which I'm not really sure it will, I'm pretty good at fakeclaiming as scum). But only if a majority actually push me to do it; given that PB clearly stated MT should die first, I don't think it should be the default.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4336 (isolation #273) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:28 am

In post 4134, SirCakez wrote:My team really really wants Maria dead
Do you agree with them?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4338 (isolation #274) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 am

In post 4337, Gamma Emerald wrote:fyi just by play I'd vote MT over S_S, but I have other irons in the fire that complicate matters
What does that mean?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4341 (isolation #275) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 am

In post 4340, MariaR wrote:Anytime Sircakez says 'My team' and Maria in the same sentence it should be ignored given that entire lineup has had awful history of reading me and always scumreads me but I don't think Cakez has much influence to push me so *shrug*
I don't care about the accuracy of the read. I want to know if he holds that read while simultaneously having no strong feelings about me vs MT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4343 (isolation #276) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:41 am

Who is that directed at?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4380 (isolation #277) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:50 pm

No.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4397 (isolation #278) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:05 pm

In post 4395, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:MT/SS are scum/scum because neither of them are very enthusiastic about casing each other when they're in a 1v1 gladiate and its probly cuz they're apathetic scumbags who don't really care who dies between the two of them.
That's quite an extraordinary leap of logic. Can you back up a few steps, say what the other possible explanations for this that you considered were, and explain why you think they are unlikely?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4399 (isolation #279) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Traitors suck and would be miserable to play in team mafia so... probably not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4401 (isolation #280) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:14 pm

I think it's possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4404 (isolation #281) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:49 pm

In post 4402, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:neither of you seem to care very much about casing/pushing/slamming the other one out the door.
Well you seem to be drawing a connection between me casing MT and MT getting executed that just isn't there. The case speaks for itself, and I'm clearly not feeling any pressure given how I've reacted to the requests to claim.

MT is probably not pushing as hard as she ought to be if she were town, yeah. Maybe she doesn't feel that her situation is as dire as I feel it is, or maybe she's just given up.

I am a lazy ass and will push MT only as hard as I need to, and no harder. And I'm not especially good at making cases, so I'd like for that amount to be zero.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4406 (isolation #282) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:51 pm

And honestly, there's nothing I can do that you guys can't also do. My case on MT is:
- The watcher saw me and her visit the person who died
- I'm not scum
- Therefore she is.

If you want me to comb through her posts looking for things that might be usable to argue she's scum, well... you can do that too. And probably better than me, because you aren't biased.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4413 (isolation #283) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:55 am

In post 4408, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:wtf do you mean im not biased

if you're town

you know she is scum

that should motivate you MORE TO DESTROY HER COMPLETELY
Well gee, now that you mention it, I have this dayvig shot...

See what I'm getting at is, it's not that I'm not motivated to destroy her. It's that this is a team game. If my team is having a hard time seeing
why
MT is scum, well, I'm not sure that I can help. I don't know why she's scum! I don't know if she's been scummy this game, and it's going to be harder for me to separate the things that will be convincing from the things that will look like reaching.

I didn't scumread MT before today. I thought her entrance into the thread today was very awkward, but honestly that's about it. I don't know what else you want me to do. Besides that, she hasn't been scummy.

I guess I could repeat "vote MT" every page, if that's what motivation looks like to you :igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4429 (isolation #284) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:39 am

In post 4417, Gypyx wrote:@cakez / S_S : does that mean you wouldn't push a red check as a cop? cuz if i understeand your logic that means you have a confirmation bias
Well no, because if you have a red check as cop, then you want to try to make it look like a scumread so it's not obvious you have a red check.

But if you claim it, then it really should be up to everyone else to decide whether or not they want to trust you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4434 (isolation #285) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:01 am

In post 4431, Morning Tweet wrote:hiiii SS

Why'd you vend to SPF?
It's funny that you're the first person to ask me, but I should probably be saying it anyway.

The inventory mechanic made me think that the peaches matter and can possibly be used for something. I don't know whether this is true or not, but it made me want to vend to town. I got a townread of spf from an associative with SB (if anyone cares I can go back and try to find which post), but she wasn't widely townread at the end of the day, so I thought she was unlikely to die.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4457 (isolation #286) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 pm

In post 4453, Noraa wrote:even if scum have ninja, it is definitely x shot.
...Well, yeah. I thought that went without saying :P Ungated ninja is dumb.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4464 (isolation #287) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:07 pm

Why is doing that worse than doing what you imagine we should be doing?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4465 (isolation #288) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Actually, I sort of see your point. The consensus is pretty clearly against MT, so she as town would be motivated to do anything in her power to try to turn the vote to me, because she has nothing to lose. But as scum, she risks spewing. So her not really trying here is scum indicative, yes.

...But I'm not in the same spot. I feel pretty comfortable with the way the votes have gone. From my perspective there are various downsides to efforting, but the upside right now is minimal.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4469 (isolation #289) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:31 am

I mean... have you looked at the VC?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4472 (isolation #290) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:35 am

Midwaybear, I hath heard from sources reliable that your ISO today is garbage. Can you expand a little bit on why you chose to vote me? Why did you only do a "quick ISO skim" when you had the whole night to decide between me and MT?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4473 (isolation #291) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 am

And yes, Noraa. For me to die without anyone currently voting changing their vote, all five of the remaining people would need to vote me. And PB also said to vote MT first, so I think the current direction is pretty clear to me, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4479 (isolation #292) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 am

In post 4475, midwaybear wrote:I voted you because I thought MT had some townie interactions with Kanna while yours were more NAI.
Hmm. Were you aware that my sheep vote on SB was somewhat out of character for me?

I think, if I had been scum, it would have been pretty difficult to convince myself that town-me would be pushing SB the way I did. Do you not think that my push was too active to be a bus? iirc I was one of the strongest pushers of SB aside from PB.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4480 (isolation #293) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:03 am

In post 4476, Noraa wrote:uhmmmmmmmm u misinterpreted it. Thought S_S said there was resistance to Mornings lim and yeah fun times.
No worries. Talking about supporting/liking X can be unclear as to whether you mean liking the person or liking the person's wagon.

Now that you understand what I was trying to say, do my explanations make more sense?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4484 (isolation #294) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:17 am

Midwaybear, why did you make ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4497 (isolation #295) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:14 pm

In post 4487, midwaybear wrote:Because I thought scum wouldn’t soft fruit vendor so early on.
So, you thought that it was possible that he was scum fruit vendor, but if he was, he wouldn't soft it? Why not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4498 (isolation #296) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:21 pm

In post 4489, midwaybear wrote:I mean that’s what makes it a strong bus. I don’t see why I should be townreading you for doing so.
Well, do you not think I would be trepidatious about doing it as scum? I think I would, for two reasons. One, because it's very easy to TMI, or go a little too hard, or to say something that isn't totally real that could potentially be noticed. And since I don't push often, it wouldn't be easy for me to do it in a natural-sounding way. And two, because there was definitely momentum away from SB for a bit after she claimed, and it wasn't totally clear that her wagon would go through. She was a PR, and I am not a strong scum player (and if scum, am presumably not a PR since I would have been the one to perform the kill), so I might not judge that it was worth risking her life just to prolong mine anyway, when my scumgame is known to fall apart eventually and thus I make a terrible deepwolf.
WRT to you thinking town you wouldn’t be pushing so hard
Well... isn’t that what you’re claiming to have done as town :wink:
Yeah, but I'm also claiming that it's very uncharacteristic for me. And thus it's something that I wouldn't know how I would go about it as town, or even if I would go about it at all (how can I read a case on someone I already know is scum and know whether town-me would pick holes in it or be convinced by it? Very likely, I would just assume that town-me would pick holes in it, because that's almost always what I do).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4500 (isolation #297) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:23 pm

In post 4499, midwaybear wrote:I thought that scum wouldn’t soft their role, but I think they could.
I’m still reading murder as town from interactions though.
Jingle, this should be sufficient to disprove your logic on why midwaybear is town, yes? It had nothing to do with him thinking that there were only a few fruit vendors.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4538 (isolation #298) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:44 am

How do you know that wasn't spf's peach?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4544 (isolation #299) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:53 am

In post 4536, Noraa wrote:because it proves someone didn't visit spf with a peach night 1 but rather gave me the peach and killed spf.
This isn't proven, like I said, because that might have been spf's peach.

But... it would explain why MT claimed SB's peach flavor. She clearly couldn't claim her own, and they may not have been given fakeclaims because that's a weird thing to give a fakeclaim for.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4550 (isolation #300) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:00 am

In post 4545, Noraa wrote:like just be like Heyo I vend sparkly peaches or some weird shit like that be done with it
I mean, when everyone else's flavor is a real peach variety, how could you get away with that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4551 (isolation #301) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:01 am

Though I do want to try a sparkly peach now. That sounds good.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4555 (isolation #302) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 am

No he means Ventura @Noraa
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4560 (isolation #303) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:06 am

In post 4558, Noraa wrote:Is this legit?
Yeah, it's real.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4563 (isolation #304) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 am

Well I don't know that it's his real flavor, but it is a real peach variety.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4579 (isolation #305) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:31 am

In post 4566, SirCakez wrote:This seems too dumb to be real
Jake isn't brand new to the site and Watcher is a very common role
If I didn't miss anything, he's never played with a watcher before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4589 (isolation #306) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:50 am

In post 4582, SirCakez wrote:Really? How do you know?
I asked them in the scum PT
I looked through all their previous games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4605 (isolation #307) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:08 am

People putting MT as scum and me not as town should probably explain why I vend to the person my partner is killing (or vice versa).

A watcher could help us but could also screw us, however a tracker would definitely screw us. And watcher is a much rarer role than tracker (and watcher would be more likely gated, and thus, less likely to act on N1).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4621 (isolation #308) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:27 am

Because investigatives tend to target in nulls?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4622 (isolation #309) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 am

In post 4619, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:maybe there's something weird about the scum peaches that you don't want us to find out
That seems highly unlikely, because it would also have to be something that makes it disadvantageous for scum to vend to each other, because that's much safer. Did you have anything in mind or are you just shading me for shits and giggles?

And everyone was supposed to vend to PB last night, so it's not really that big of a coincidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4625 (isolation #310) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:31 am

Well, Pooky is probably going to waste time pushing me after MT flips scum, so it does matter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4654 (isolation #311) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Wp Jake
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4686 (isolation #312) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm

I got 2. Noraa I cba to find your flavor on mobile; can you remind me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4690 (isolation #313) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Yup I got it :thumbsup:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4727 (isolation #314) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 pm

Cheet, what exactly was your result?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4857 (isolation #315) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:51 pm

In post 4727, Something_Smart wrote:Cheet, what exactly was your result?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4861 (isolation #316) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

In post 4858, Cheetory6 wrote:What exactly is unclear?
did pooky visit jingle and jake or just jake?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4863 (isolation #317) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

In post 4860, Cheetory6 wrote:I fucking hated when Gin did that in Team Mafia
yeah that was pretty gross... wasn't it based on a stupid angleshot from another game, too?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4868 (isolation #318) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:01 pm

The question is important because if you didn't see Pooky visit Jingle then he is way less likely to be scum. Pooky has already claimed that action and Jingle has confirmed it, so is there a reason for you to be obfuscating it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4916 (isolation #319) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm

In post 4880, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:theres no way we have 2 watchers
If only there were another role that would have a watcher power at this point in time...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4917 (isolation #320) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm

Also, you could have just said yeah he visited Jingle.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4996 (isolation #321) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:30 pm

I don't want to massclaim right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5000 (isolation #322) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:42 pm

That's about the pool I'm coming around to as well.

I think Gamma getting his action randomized to Pooky and only fessing up to that today is towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5174 (isolation #323) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:03 am

Whoa, I'm way into prod range.

We're just waiting for Murder at this point, I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5301 (isolation #324) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:43 am

sorry for falling off of the face of the earth

I feel like we can just kill whoever today and move on. The odds are better than even that we can just break this game mechanically.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5350 (isolation #325) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:46 am

In post 5338, Noraa wrote:S_S had
Pix Zee peach
Empress peach
Springprince peach
I stole the empress peach
y u bulli me :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5370 (isolation #326) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:58 am

In post 5365, Gypyx wrote:hmmm, maybe someone should stock up on peaches and see if you can do other stuff with more?
I wanted to do this but SOMEBODY decided to yoink one of my peaches :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5375 (isolation #327) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 pm

In post 5373, Noraa wrote:you had 3 peaches. Theres no way you do anything with that.
well I mean I could have gotten more
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5381 (isolation #328) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Why wouldn't I push MT harder in that case?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5383 (isolation #329) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:26 pm

Pix Zee N1
Other two N3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5467 (isolation #330) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Why would we massclaim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5483 (isolation #331) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:13 pm

Still don't see why I would, unless you think I'm a viable execution target today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5511 (isolation #332) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:33 am

In post 5503, Zaiden wrote:Well, I spoke with Unpod Tripod and well, I did have a tracker but they messed up and gave me watcher results 0_0
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5513 (isolation #333) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:09 am

In post 5509, Gypyx wrote:if i die, don't y'all even dare to touch mwb
Wait why not

Lilith and I both think he's scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5515 (isolation #334) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:27 am

Mostly just that he hasn't really felt towny and when he's town he usually does?

I think lilith's reasoning is mostly PoE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5516 (isolation #335) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:27 am

What do you think was out of his scumrange
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5568 (isolation #336) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 am

It is something you can do without it being in your role pm.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5571 (isolation #337) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:04 am

It's not bastard, but it is pretty bad design.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5592 (isolation #338) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:46 am

Rio Grande be me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5599 (isolation #339) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 am

Cakez won't be able to make a pie even with 3 people vending to him, right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5618 (isolation #340) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:03 am

I approve of plans that involve mwb dying or getting cleared
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5629 (isolation #341) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Lolwut
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5631 (isolation #342) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Idk, I don't have anything concrete

You haven't felt town, SB had you at a weird spot in her readlist, your votes have been mediocre, I feel like everyone else has had decent reasons to be town

I'm pretty checked out of this game, ngl. Not especially thrilled with how it was moderated (nothing against you UT, you are great, but this wasn't your finest work).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5632 (isolation #343) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Gamma forgot that Pooky was scum
Gypyx seemed genuinely motivated to solve today
Zaiden lying about the pie thing would be super weird and they seem genuine throughout it
Cakez had non partnery interactions with SB and Pooky
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5661 (isolation #344) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 am

In post 5658, midwaybear wrote:Once again, Cheetos watched me and Pooky visit the same person which makes it quite unlikely I am the last mafia.
hmmmmm good point
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5679 (isolation #345) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:05 pm

weird flex but ok
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5692 (isolation #346) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:40 am

What gives you the idea that I would be efforting as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5695 (isolation #347) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am

In post 5693, Gypyx wrote:i mean, if scum went this far, them just lurking to endgame would surprise me !
I mean I would totally be lurking as scum here

I'm just mostly checked out because my reads have been shite and I'm annoyed by the setup/moderation. If the setup were balanced we would have been able to reach a mechanical autowin by now, I think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5710 (isolation #348) » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:29 pm

I got a prod at one point
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5712 (isolation #349) » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:40 pm

The hot new gambit is siteflaking for 12 days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5713 (isolation #350) » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:51 pm

In other news, Zaiden is just scum right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5716 (isolation #351) » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:01 pm

One of them was mine. I didn't see a point in vending to someone who already had one of my peaches.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5723 (isolation #352) » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:50 pm

You don't get told who you targeted?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5730 (isolation #353) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:32 am

No kidding

VOTE: Zaiden
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5747 (isolation #354) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 am

In post 5746, SirCakez wrote:I still think MWB died because he was soft-cleared by the Watcher result.
Well yeah.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5754 (isolation #355) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 am

Too bad, I have nothing to say :X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5788 (isolation #356) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:48 am

In post 5785, SirCakez wrote:whoever is town among (SS, Gamma) is playing like shit
I'm sorry, I thought I was cleared
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5789 (isolation #357) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:51 am

In post 5776, SirCakez wrote:this doesn't seem partner-partner at all
Why the hell not
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5790 (isolation #358) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:54 am

Like not only have I been cleared for 5 days but I'm reasonably confident that nothing will happen to make Zaiden not the best execution and there's no reason to help scum decide who to NK in the event that he's town. Gamma is town for being afk and forgetting Pooky was scum, you and Gypyx are town for clearing Gamma for that. I didn't understand what else you think I ought to be doing
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5791 (isolation #359) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 am

In post 5768, SirCakez wrote:It seems way outside of scumrange
Why

Isn't the entire thing just complaining about being scumread
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5795 (isolation #360) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:41 am

In post 5792, SirCakez wrote:maybe scum wanted to bury the peach so that no town got it
then they give it to a teammate?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5796 (isolation #361) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 am

In post 5793, SirCakez wrote:this was before SB was a big wagon but he goes all in here
right but somehow my naked vote (also before SB was a big wagon!), designed to garner 0 towncred, is bussing. sure that makes sense
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5797 (isolation #362) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:43 am

In post 5794, SirCakez wrote:i hate how people keep asserting they are "cleared" or "obvious town"
nobody is fucking cleared
I mean being cleared is a social fact and people were treating me as though I was cleared. So I was. But I'm not anymore?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5819 (isolation #363) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

In post 5818, SirCakez wrote:It seems like he's trying to widen the elim pool.
yep
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5835 (isolation #364) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:04 pm

In post 5832, MURDERCAT wrote:Congrats SS!
Tyty

Echoing Cakez's post, Zaiden you played well until the very end (and of course the situation was pretty rough for you anyway with what happened with Gamma).

Sorry for being so apathetic on the last day. I felt like the Gamma situation devalued the game to some extent, and I also thought Zaiden's reaction to it made him clearly the best execution.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5875 (isolation #365) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 am

For what it's worth, I agree these issues are pretty egregious. But, UT has been going through a pretty tough RL situation lately from what I can gather, and I think it's safe to say that errors like these are not at all common.

Zaiden played very well, and he was fun to play with. It would be a shame to lose him just because his first game happened to be run badly.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”