Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Wascally wabbit!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #105 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:13 am

In post 63, OutWorldER wrote:just seemed strange to me to make such a nothing, no-vote post, during a speedwagon, and then dipping for the rest of the day. rubs me the wrong way, and I can't really put my feelings into words beyond that.
Oh you were serious lol. If I knew that I would have responded to it sooner.

It's so early, though. It's good that you're trying.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #106 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:15 am

In post 85, Aristeia wrote:Mmmm guess what I am making rn Datisi
I guess sushi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 am

In post 95, Aristeia wrote:it is some hot chocolate because it's cold and I am going ice skating later.
Oh damn. Skip ice skating and make sushi tbh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 am

In post 110, OutWorldER wrote:"its so early" always feels like a way for somebody to dismiss questions or people poking at their posts
Okay fine, I'll rephrase that post to be more clear.
Oh you were serious lol. If I knew that I would have responded to it sooner.

This is complete nonsense, but I townread that you're trying to make reads even though there's nothing good to base them off of.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #150 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:02 am

In post 141, House wrote:
In post 140, Datisi wrote:i read 120 as a shitpost. if your argument here is that 120 (a post where you or so hilariously vote someone after agreeing they're town) is out of your scumrange, that is (1) really sad, and (2) not something i'm buying.
Because you're scum. :)
Guess I'm scum too then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #157 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:05 am

House, you should reveal as IC so we can add "twice" to your sig.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #163 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 am

Man, when I hoped that discussion would pick up in this game, this is
not
what I had in mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 am

RTP with your avi you simultaneously make me think you're pooky and ducky and I hate this feeling
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #319 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 am

In post 316, Datisi wrote:they're different in which direction >_>
What does this mean, why would there be a single direction
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #323 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 am

In post 321, Aristeia wrote:SS do you have any reads or thoughts you'd like to share?
No, other than wondering aloud if your main has been outed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #324 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:26 am

I plan to do Frogster's thingy, probably later today. I'm curious where he's going with it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #335 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 am

In post 325, Aristeia wrote:Who do you feel most confident in?
OWER town I guess?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #381 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 am

Spoiler: Part 1
EXTRAVERSION 6
..Friendliness 28
..Gregariousness 19
..Assertiveness 4
..Activity Level 1
..Excitement-Seeking 7
..Cheerfulness 67

AGREEABLENESS 72
..Trust 51
..Morality 97
..Altruism 30
..Cooperation 76
..Modesty 72
..Sympathy 54

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 16
..Self-Efficacy 2
..Orderliness 36
..Dutifulness 75
..Achievement-Striving 1
..Self-Discipline 20
..Cautiousness 71

NEUROTICISM 16
..Anxiety 2
..Anger 2
..Depression 12
..Self-Consciousness 95
..Immoderation 5
..Vulnerability 51

OPENNESS 16
..Imagination 1
..Artistic Interests 15
..Emotionality 10
..Adventurousness 8
..Intellect 71
..Liberalism 86
I took the long test, but I wouldn't recommend it. I only did it because I have a ton of down time at work anyway. There were a lot of essentially repeated questions, I doubt you would lose much by going for the short one instead.

Spoiler: Part 2
How do you tell stories?

Start with the context, provide enough details so that the climax/point can be understood, but not so much that the exposition is boring. Try and make sure the climax is not predictable; re-ordering or dropping details in the exposition can often help with this. Make sure that what happened in the climax is clear and the reason it's important is clear.

Likert questions are all 1, except "I believe this is an easy town for mafia to hide in at this point in time.", which is 4.

How do you create stories?

Start with a hook, which is the event or situation that makes the story worth caring about. Come up with some expository details and then start from the beginning, trying to develop events naturally while leading them toward the hook. The majority of stories I create are just idle amusement and will never be told to anyone or written down, so they often trail off without an ending, but even when they do reach an ending it's often not a satisfying/conclusive one.

Sort full player PoE list at this point in time:
(most town)

Something_Smart
OutWorldER
Almost50, Andresvmb, Aristeia, Datisi, Frogsterking, House, innocentvillager, Laplacian, Reformed Toxic Player, skitter30, VP Baltar (tie)
(most mafia)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #385 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:22 am

In post 382, VP Baltar wrote:Tell me more about skitter, laplacian, RTP and andres please
In post 384, VP Baltar wrote:And A50
I have no significant alignment-leaning thoughts on them one way or the other.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #396 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 am

In post 390, Frogsterking wrote:I hope you're town and that more town players will follow suit and complete the survey. I believe it's against mafia's win condition to allow several town players to collaborate and complete the survey together because of the threat of a town block forming.
Really? Because if you look at my answers and yours I think it's quite unlikely we'll be able to form a townbloc :lol:

Fwiw my answers were 0% related to my alignment, as was my decision to participate. I'm not convinced that this knowledge can really be used in a useful way, especially since you seem to have a bias toward townreading people who complete it. I certainly do not think that two people who know each other and have played with each other will be able to read each other better after seeing each other's answers. Maybe it's a way to get a bit of handle on someone whom you've never met, but so is interacting with them in the game and asking them pointed and non-vague questions about how they operate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #397 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 am

In post 391, VP Baltar wrote:Why wouldn't the mafia just lie on your survey?
In post 392, Datisi wrote:completing the survey would be the first thing i would do as scum because i don't believe for a second that someone who has zero prior experience with me can accurately read my alignment based on seeing a personality test report
Also these are both very interesting responses, so credit to Frogster for eliciting them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #398 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 am

I think they're both +town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #658 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:19 pm

I missed a lot during my busy night.

I will have to remember to reread this tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #722 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:59 am

In post 681, Datisi wrote:i had a dream i was modding a dance game and s_s flipped red, and the final 4 was peta/ydrasse and pooky/gypyx and gypyx was scum, but i didn't mod the game properly from that point on and i got permabanned. anyway this game yes
I actually burst out laughing.

I'm sorry your subconscious is mean to you in such an amusing way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #745 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:52 am

In post 498, innocentvillager wrote:Why do you think these responses are towny? The Datisi one I can maybe maybe see, but definitely not the VP Baltar one.
Both responses are towny because they both seem obviously wrong, and it's more likely that scum would have given a serious thought to it and thus would accurately report how they would treat it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #748 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:56 am

In post 527, VP Baltar wrote:It certainly doesn't prove it works! What is the point if arguing this?
You're the one who brought up the argument, and now you're asking what the point of the argument is...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #751 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:02 am

In post 749, VP Baltar wrote:Actually, I let it rest after I made my point. IV revived it.
If you make a point you should be prepared to address people who disagree or have questions about it...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #753 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:08 am

In post 752, Frogsterking wrote:Are any or all of a50, iv, and Lap lunchbait?
Lap seems to be for sure. IV definitely not. A50 could go either way, I would lean yes in this game.
Is there any reason to believe any or all of the wagons have NOT been lead or influenced by scum?
No.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #754 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:09 am

In post 620, House wrote:Not my first choice, but I'd hammer it.
Oh yeah, this reminds me. House hammers everything, so don't put anyone at E-1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #767 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:23 am

In post 759, Frogsterking wrote:Did you read my Lap case ?
I read part of it. Pretty much nothing you've said so far has resonated with me, and I don't generally find cases convincing, so I wasn't expecting it to do much for me.
In post 760, VP Baltar wrote:SS, you going to vote someone at somepoint?
Probably not. The person I would vote is Lap, but that wagon probably goes through before I'd like to end the day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #776 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am

Sorry that I spoiled you spoiling the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #784 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:04 am

I don't think you would fill it out immediately as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #790 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 am

good luck with my meta lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #796 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:23 am

In post 792, skitter30 wrote:And wrt rtp, his reasoning feels very opaque to me, and i dont really understand his reads
I feel this way about everyone, so it doesn't bother me anymore. (Also, *they)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #797 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:23 am

(Assuming you were talking about RTP there, it wasn't totally clear)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #807 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 am

Where are my ~good townie points~, they seem to have been lost in transit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #823 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 am

In post 820, Datisi wrote:i believe posting my test results as town would have the negative effect of making the game harder to read for me because scum would potentially know better how to interact with me.
*blinks*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #827 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 am

In post 824, Datisi wrote:why is azelf blinking
that is not at all the reasoning I thought you would have, it seems equally weird to saying that posting your OCEAN results would help townies read you. do you really think scum would go like "oh he has high levels of anxiety, let's try to make him freak out"? (well honestly it doesn't take an OCEAN result to figure
that
one out)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #996 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:34 pm

In post 947, Frogsterking wrote:Is it in SS town meta to not vote anyone or FoS people and try to pocket multiple players?
Yes
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #998 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:35 pm

In post 997, House wrote:Who is the scumbutt pushing him?
Why must there be one?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1002 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 pm

Sometimes townies do things that don't appear to have a good reason. Sometimes they legitimately don't have a good reason, and sometimes they have one that you just can't see.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1089 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 am

In post 1014, House wrote:Hardclaim Masons with innocentvillager
Please let this be true
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1092 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 am

I'm kind of insulted that Koba thinks I'm this easy to read.

Then again, I guess it isn't that different from when people thought I was definitely town for my end-of-predance antics in Holiday Dance Party. They don't really mean it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1107 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:56 am

Eventually you learn to tune it out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1113 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 am

I care!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1114 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 am

But I'm a nobody, so I guess that checks out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1118 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:11 am

I don't trust every claim, but some claims are worth giving a day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1132 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:28 am

In post 1128, Andresvmb wrote:Look I judge RTP largely based on results. I think they’re a strong player, and certainly too strong for me to be fully convinced by rhetoric D1. Which is why I want Laplacian flipped.
+1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1147 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:48 am

I don't understand why that's supposed to change anything. Two masons leaves enough room for another PR worth leaving alive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1149 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:49 am

Buy time for what? To create more associations?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1191 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:48 am

Lmao what a ninja
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1193 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am

In post 767, Something_Smart wrote:Probably not. The person I would vote is Lap, but that wagon probably goes through before I'd like to end the day.
Also hey, look who's psychic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1214 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:27 pm

In post 1209, Datisi wrote:s_s, why was lap your first choice of vote here?
Sheeping Koba
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1217 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 pm

In post 1214, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1209, Datisi wrote:s_s, why was lap your first choice of vote here?
Sheeping Koba
Fwiw I saw this question, then forgot to respond to it, then deliberately ignored it once I remembered because I didn't think the answer would be helpful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1218 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 pm

(this question = VP's)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1547 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:39 am

*blinks*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1550 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:41 am

I'm gonna have to reread this while more awake but

How did y'all make like 7 pages while I was asleep and the only thing worth responding to is that MathBlade thinks a statistical likelihood is profound
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1556 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:45 am

When the night started, actually even before then, I was wondering about something very curious. It basically became common knowledge in this game that Lap was flipping scum. There is no way that anyone can justifiably be that confident D1; some of it came from Koba, but I feel like there was someone on the scumteam who was highly in tune with the game and was basically telling Lap "you're dead, stop posting".

As I say this I realize I should check daytalk, but... it was almost surreal the way scum-Lap was just beamed into everyone's brains like it was Star Trek.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1559 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:46 am

In post 1553, House wrote:How can you possibly think this is unusual for him?
It's not unusual but it's worth pointing out that the early Datisi wagon is unlikely to be all town, but so is any randomly chosen group of 5.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1562 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:48 am

In post 1560, Datisi wrote:i don't think it required a galaxy brain from the scum side to realize that is going to flip
I don't think it was set in stone though, or at least I didn't, not to the point where radio silence and antispew is preferable to at least trying to stir up some chaos.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1565 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:49 am

I think it's very odd that House and IV townread each other after neither of them died.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1568 (isolation #57) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:50 am

Like if I were scum and couldn't kill in the masons because I knew they were fake but didn't want to make that obvious, RTP would be the perfect kill because they were obvtown and a dayplay threat.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1570 (isolation #58) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:51 am

In post 1567, Frogsterking wrote:Do you see any reason to rule out a VP / IV team?
Didn't VP confirm Math as town? That would be a weird thing to do, but I guess it's not
impossible
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1576 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:54 am

In post 1571, MathBlade wrote:I already went through how it’s not for all possibilities. It’s NAI for either
Can you link this? Can't find it in your ISO.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1579 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 am

In post 1575, VP Baltar wrote:And this person was????
I would have to do a lot of unpleasant reading to have a chance of answering this, but looking for people who jumped on the Lap wagon pretty early is probably a good start.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1580 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 am

In post 1577, Frogsterking wrote:Like especially if from scum!VP's point of view Math is basically cleared already, or at least VP is expecting town to view Math that way.
How so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1583 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:57 am

In post 1581, VP Baltar wrote:I'm afraid reading is going to be required at this point unfortunately
Guess I'm getting detention, then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1602 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 am

In post 1590, House wrote:Scum don't play along with fake Mason claims.
Evidence?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1607 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:34 am

In post 1603, Datisi wrote:s_s, have you done a single ai thing this game?
Probably.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1617 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1610, Frogsterking wrote:Does S_S normally seem apathetic and with slight antipathy in their town meta?
Yes
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1618 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1616, House wrote:RTP thought so.
I'm pretty sure that was mostly just false confidence/reaction testing. I would make that post as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1623 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 am

In post 1620, Datisi wrote:like it felt to me that math was saying that it's likely there's scum in it *because* they're voting together in rvs (which is not something i agree with but whatever) and s_s had to butt in with "well achckually that's true for any group of 5"
Maybe I wasn't clear but yes that's how I interpreted it, I'm just saying it's nonsense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1624 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:20 am

In post 1620, Datisi wrote:like i know s_s isn't big on Producing Solves and stuff like that, but we've had a scumflip, a retracted claim, a newly made claim, do you have Any thoughts on people's alignments here??
I will eventually. I'm pretty busy this weekend, sorry.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1638 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:59 am

In post 1630, Datisi wrote:if you go on mafiascum wiki page on rolefishing, it has listed as an example
In an ideal world it explains that the ratio of true rolefishing to rolefishing accusations is like 1:100.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1642 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:02 am

In post 1640, Datisi wrote:how is that post not a rolefish

"frogster didn't intend it to be one" doesn't mean it's not one
Doesn't it? I thought rolefishing had to be intentional.

I mean I think VP's role is pretty obvious, but that might just be me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1643 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:04 am

In post 1634, Frogsterking wrote:1628 is a serious question, though I guess I made a faux pas which need not be answered.
The answer is two. Miller and ninja. Neither applies here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1646 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:07 am

Well, my bad then. I've never heard "fishing" used metaphorically in a non-intentional sense. Regardless, I don't think that post was at all likely to get VP to give something away.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1650 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:10 am

In post 1649, Frogsterking wrote:Do you think there was a busser on the Lap wagon now?
It's likely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1652 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:15 am

I have had an inordinate amount of trouble remembering Andres is in the game. Why is he town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1657 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:24 am

In post 1654, Datisi wrote:my one and only argument for andres!town is "his vote is neither towncred-gaining nor is he looking for a different wagon, and i think scum would be doing either of that"

i don't know how correct i am in that assessment
That doesn't feel towny with my perception that scum expected Lap to die from pretty early on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1659 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:25 am

In post 1656, Frogsterking wrote:Okay, do you think it's likely there were TWO bussers on the Lap wagon?
Uh idk. I don't feel like there's a strong argument either way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1872 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm

In post 1869, MathBlade wrote:Nah IV doesn’t go with the masons claim as scum imho.
Why not?

You know that IV was in serious danger of dying otherwise, right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1878 (isolation #78) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:55 pm

What are you talking about RVS, it was page 40
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1883 (isolation #79) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:56 pm

In post 1880, MathBlade wrote:Yeah this game has a long RVS
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1884 (isolation #80) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:57 pm

In post 1881, House wrote:Asked & answered.
I didn't ask you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1888 (isolation #81) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 pm

The intersection of towny people and people who are possible to work with this game is the empty set.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1891 (isolation #82) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 pm

House if you think skitter never dies as a claimed VT then you just don't have enough experience with her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1903 (isolation #83) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:01 pm

In post 1896, MathBlade wrote:I answered this question earlier today
Your ISO is long can you link it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1907 (isolation #84) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:02 pm

I doubt skitter gets run up if she's scum here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1921 (isolation #85) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:06 pm

In post 1908, MathBlade wrote:Why House/IV doesn’t die as any alignment.
Ok but what I asked us why scum IV doesn't go along with the mason claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1922 (isolation #86) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:07 pm

In post 1914, Frogsterking wrote:You think we're getting a little rowdy?
Idk what you mean by this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1929 (isolation #87) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:09 pm

In post 1924, MathBlade wrote:Because free house elim or at minimum drama moves away from IV.
How is it free House elim? Nobody's going to buy that House wouldn't do that as town, and IV just draws attention back on himself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1938 (isolation #88) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:12 pm

In post 1934, MathBlade wrote:Lol mason claims that are fake go horribly unless you can trust the other person to agree
So why did this one not go horribly? Why would IV be afraid of what's currently happening if he's scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1985 (isolation #89) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:34 pm

"I'm gonna fake claim mason and then pretend I have a leg to stand on with respect to good townplay."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2050 (isolation #90) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:15 am

Hmm.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2051 (isolation #91) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:16 am

How do we know that VPB didn't die visiting scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2054 (isolation #92) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:18 am

Oh. Fair.

So IV is obvious scum then, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2057 (isolation #93) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:20 am

Because neither mason claim died on N1, and scum clearly don't fear a protective.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2060 (isolation #94) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:21 am

In post 2056, House wrote:So, what about the Vanilla Townie mislim candidate OutworldER was a greater threat to scum than the townie that cleared the obvious d2 mislim target?
They could have read him as PR. It happens. And to me it would be the natural explanation for the second death.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2063 (isolation #95) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:22 am

Well I mean the claim was retracted by then and VPB was clearly a higher priority target (assuming you're actually vig, anyway).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2064 (isolation #96) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:24 am

In post 2062, House wrote:Makes perfect sense, if you don't think about it.
Or maybe they fEaReD a PrOtEcTiVe

Idk if your logic is that scum always kill outed PR's then you should have been deathtunneling IV yesterday sooo...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2068 (isolation #97) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:27 am

VOTE: IV
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2082 (isolation #98) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:48 am

Let's be real, Datisi has a hidey hole as either alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2090 (isolation #99) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:52 am

This game is so full of bad takes and holy shit IV's last two posts are cringe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2093 (isolation #100) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:53 am

If House and Frogster and Math are all town, as I believe they are, then there's a 0% chance that if they actually manage to all agree on something, it will make a lick of sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2094 (isolation #101) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:54 am

In post 2092, MathBlade wrote:I think Datisi had to shoot there to prevent a 100% guilty.
You also have to assume that Datisi knew VP would visit them. They probably didn't even know his role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2096 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:55 am

Would visit him* (Datisi)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2098 (isolation #103) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:55 am

In post 2095, Datisi wrote:like come on there is no way in three hells that town!math doesn't
Any sentence that starts this way is sadly false.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2103 (isolation #104) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:58 am

In post 2097, MathBlade wrote:Look at it and tell me that’s not a crumb of visiting Datisi.
It's not his last post. And it doesn't hold a candle to his N1 crumb. (Which I completely forgot about when I said I knew VP's role. I assumed he was just rolecop)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2107 (isolation #105) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:00 am

Math may have forgotten that ISOs can have a second page.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2111 (isolation #106) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:01 am

Where can I submit my resignation letter for this game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2128 (isolation #107) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:13 am

In post 2122, MathBlade wrote:SS would be agreeing as town because it matches the format of the hider crumb from that game.
a) no it doesn't, b) VP's night 1 crumb was "if I die yeet A50 into the sun"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2131 (isolation #108) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:14 am

House, can you just be clear for once in your life-- are you claiming vig or not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2137 (isolation #109) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:17 am

In post 2132, Datisi wrote:is she likely to put a fucky counterplay to the vpb role?
I believe Isis hates fun and specifically hates town having fun so yes.

But even if there is one it's not necessarily likely it triggered on N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2138 (isolation #110) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:17 am

In post 2136, Datisi wrote:good job math, you fished out the vigilante
I mean he already made it mega obvious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2143 (isolation #111) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:19 am

So now I'm a bit curious why Math didn't immediately jump to "Datisi is scum, OWER was the scum kill, and House is Datisi's partner covering for him"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2158 (isolation #112) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:27 am

In post 33, Isis wrote:X amount of curveballs is necessary, my mindset is that I've recently read complaints from TM about PP's (essentially normal) setup being easily guessable

If some amount of curveballs are desirable, ones that don't change optimal PR play at all but make the setup harder to guess are very desirable
Some Isis design thoughts, pulled from a review I did with her, if this is helpful @Datisi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2163 (isolation #113) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 am

House, you of all people should not be pushing me today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2186 (isolation #114) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:07 am

I'm pretty sure if I were scum with IV I would campaign to kill House N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2190 (isolation #115) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:14 am

In post 2187, Frogsterking wrote:S_S you didn't answer my question about the top 5 worst takes, also so you think andres and I are TvT?
I don't really want to answer that, sorry. I don't think you and Andres are necessarily TvT but I think your confidence on him is way unwarranted and I don't like how you're shaping all your other reads around it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2215 (isolation #116) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 am

In post 2205, MathBlade wrote:Town should not be desperate
uh, why not? I feel pretty desperate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2216 (isolation #117) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:36 am

In post 2210, MathBlade wrote:VP scumread you
then he wouldn't try to die without leaving a clear crumb?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2219 (isolation #118) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:38 am

unless you were trying to refute , which of course makes no sense because Datisi can't collect town points from VP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2222 (isolation #119) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:40 am

In post 2217, Datisi wrote:math isn't town, i know it's going to be a hard sell because everyone's gonna be like "but the clear!!" but the thing is, math has absolutely nothing going for him other than the clear
so how did A50 know there was a vig
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2224 (isolation #120) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:41 am

In post 2221, MathBlade wrote:He did
I meant
clear
, like his first crumb. Not "mentioned the person's name".

If the day end caught him off guard, he would want to target a townread, so that he probably wouldn't die without a clear crumb.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2230 (isolation #121) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am

That's, like, insane amounts of luck though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2233 (isolation #122) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 am

I meant if he were scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2234 (isolation #123) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 am

In post 2232, Datisi wrote:it wouldn't need to be luck. it's not unheard of that mods put backups for roles that don't exist. a n1 backup vig with no actual vig would have a point of being a false guilty for a neap, vanilla cop, or gunsmith. i'm not saying he was aiming at there being a vig, just that it was a coincidence there was one.
It's still luck that there does happen to be one. A backup vig claim with no vig in sight would raise quite a few eyebrows. If there was no role investigative role then I think people would just straight-up not believe it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2238 (isolation #124) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:50 am

In post 2235, MathBlade wrote:I hate trust tells with a passion so I aim to make the metas similar.
Does this mean you deliberately play town like how you play scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2241 (isolation #125) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:51 am

In post 2237, MathBlade wrote:I have done vig enabler without a vig and still won
This kind of thing used to be popular to put in setups in like 2015-2016. Maybe you can get away with it then. Not now, I don't think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2242 (isolation #126) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:52 am

In post 2236, Frogsterking wrote:Isn't like "Informed goon" or whatever a common role in Normal setup creation? and he just lied about his alignment.
What would be the design justification for informing scum of a vig?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2247 (isolation #127) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 am

In post 2245, Datisi wrote:i can hear rtp from the dead thread

they're screaming about us getting lost in pointless wifom mech discussion instead of killing scum
I've had enough of the reverse that I couldn't care less.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2249 (isolation #128) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:59 am

In post 2248, Frogsterking wrote:To give scum team more options with regards to making their fake claims more believable, making the true setup a little more difficult to guess for town.
But like 90%+ of scum players would not claim backup vig there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2260 (isolation #129) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 am

In post 2255, Frogsterking wrote:Anyway should we quickhammer IV now?
do you just not want to actually play the game, or what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2263 (isolation #130) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:26 am

In post 2262, Datisi wrote:the only way this role isn't a vc/neap/gunsmith miller is if a vigilante gets yeeted day 1
killed night 1, you mean?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2265 (isolation #131) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:28 am

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2268 (isolation #132) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:30 am

@MathBlade please clarify how your role works
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2272 (isolation #133) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:42 am

In post 2269, MathBlade wrote:My role requires a vig to have died on D1 to function. Then can N1 vig.
That, uh, sounds like a backup N1 vig, but I guess maybe it isn't. Maybe "N1 backup vig" can be interpreted as either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2274 (isolation #134) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:43 am

Well, now I'm assuming there's a gunsmith in the game. Regardless, if there is a roleblocker, it probably isn't Math, so we can cross that bridge if we come to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2277 (isolation #135) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:44 am

In post 2275, Datisi wrote:in either case, if that role is real, i wonder what isis was on when designing this and would like to have some of it.
It's a gunsmith miller probably
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2279 (isolation #136) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:45 am

In post 2276, Frogsterking wrote:Does this increase the chances of 4 scum??
No?

if Isis designed a 4 scum game in 2022 I will petition implosion to kick her out of the NRG
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2280 (isolation #137) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:46 am

In post 2278, Datisi wrote:anyway. gunsmith miller. doesn't require a vig. i don't think this claim is townie. carry on.
I agree. I misunderstood the role before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2283 (isolation #138) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:48 am

I'm confused what you're implying. Surely you agree that N1 backup vig is a role that makes no sense?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2284 (isolation #139) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 am

In post 2282, MathBlade wrote:I mean I get Datisi is scum and has to try something
Why does scum-Datisi take the path of most resistance by pushing the person with an inno on them?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2288 (isolation #140) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:00 am

That was publicly confirmed 4 scum though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2290 (isolation #141) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:01 am

In post 2286, MathBlade wrote:Because then he doesn’t have to give reads on the actual game or be productive.
so then why is he still doing that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2306 (isolation #142) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:48 am

In post 2289, MathBlade wrote:It ensures a vig is at least in the game no matter what happens D1.
How often do vigis get executed D1?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2308 (isolation #143) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:51 am

Hopefully.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2311 (isolation #144) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:56 am

In post 2309, Datisi wrote:so... you don't have any thoughts on math's response to you asking why i'm still efforting?
none that are appropriate to post in a mafia game, no.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2318 (isolation #145) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:07 am

In post 2313, MathBlade wrote:Yes I would argue scum don’t know what VP is. This is knowing what VP is. Your question is flawed
Ari's point is that figuring out VP's crumb is really easy if you know he has a role capable of generating clears. I'm honestly kind of embarrassed that I didn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2370 (isolation #146) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:49 am

Why in the fresh hell does that team kill OWER
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2373 (isolation #147) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:50 am

In post 2143, Something_Smart wrote:So now I'm a bit curious why Math didn't immediately jump to "Datisi is scum, OWER was the scum kill, and House is Datisi's partner covering for him"
Also I called this lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2376 (isolation #148) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:51 am

Killing OWER also reduces PoE... why not at least kill someone who's more of a threat? I think Andres knows Datisi pretty well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2404 (isolation #149) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

Well my wim for this game is completely and utterly gone
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2426 (isolation #150) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am

No, I'm the vig.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2429 (isolation #151) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 am

That is really unfortunate that IV checked me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2444 (isolation #152) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:22 am

In post 2435, MathBlade wrote:Then why didn’t you suspect House with me?
Because I wanted him to get NK'd.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2458 (isolation #153) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:32 am

Fwiw House has pocketed me with almost this exact gambit before. It's why I hoped he would die and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

It's just so rare to see someone give a sporting try to baiting a kill as VT, that I really want it to be true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2473 (isolation #154) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:49 am

In post 2459, House wrote:When have I ever stopped a wagon on a PR and bussed my buddy on d1 as scum?
I know you bussed pretty hard in the aforementioned game. I don't recall if you stopped a town wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2476 (isolation #155) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:51 am

In post 2460, MathBlade wrote:Did you vig Outer?
If so why?
Yes. Skitter said the votes on her were sus so I counted backward until I found one I could justify.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2560 (isolation #156) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:02 pm

In post 2527, House wrote:Ari is town.

That's a hill I'll die on, Math.
Do you know her main y/n (obviously do not out it if you do)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2562 (isolation #157) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Has anyone not claimed yet?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2622 (isolation #158) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:55 pm

In post 2567, House wrote:If I'm not going to out *if* I do, it serves no purpose to out *whether* I do.
It does, because I don't trust your read if you don't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2623 (isolation #159) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:56 pm

In post 2583, MathBlade wrote:I don’t think IV does.
Your role only makes sense with a gunsmith imo. I said this before IV even claimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2625 (isolation #160) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:57 pm

In post 2601, MathBlade wrote:I don’t think a normal gets approved without an invest or protective
Okay yeah that's fair, I understand now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2628 (isolation #161) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:58 pm

In post 2604, House wrote:S_S sure put in a master class for laying down groundwork for his vig fakeclaim.
I mean, that's generous. I made one soft, and it was very pointedly aimed at you.

But yes that would be very brave of me to do as scum without any idea of whether your claim was true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2692 (isolation #162) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:29 pm

In post 2689, Datisi wrote:has s_s claimed whether he was able to shoot n1? do we know why there was only one kill?
I wasn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2707 (isolation #163) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:43 pm

In post 2704, Aristeia wrote:Do you think they are the same likelihood of being town?
What a weird question
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2758 (isolation #164) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 am

In post 2756, Andresvmb wrote:I also don’t think the solution is to be found entirely within the VT claims.
VOTE: Andresvmb
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2763 (isolation #165) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:13 am

In post 2759, Datisi wrote:i have also expressed the same idea, where is my vote
Coming tomorrow if I'm still alive, I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2766 (isolation #166) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 am

In post 2743, Datisi wrote:s_s, you said how house once pocketed you with something like this, mind telling me what happened and how that compares to now?
I actually don't think it was so similar in retrospect. I can link the game if you want, but it's a very old one and he would complain that it's no longer relevant.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2913 (isolation #167) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:58 am

In post 2897, innocentvillager wrote:Can someone summarize for me the scenario where SS is scum? What would need to be true for SS to be scum? Is it just that mafia killed OutWorld and VP walked into scum, so SS panic claimed vig in a flash of brilliance when he saw I was softing GS? If so, I mean I guess it’s possible for someone with that level of mech ability, but still seems less likely than just taking his claim at face value.
I mega softed to House even before that, so it would be more that I was setting up a vig claim from the beginning of the day so that people didn't realize VP had a guilty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2919 (isolation #168) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:05 pm

In post 2915, MathBlade wrote:What’s your read on Datisi SS?
PoE scum maybe?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2932 (isolation #169) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:35 pm

In post 2924, MathBlade wrote:If I were you I would strongly think about firing tonight. Don’t respond if you can or not, I just want you to think about it.
If I am able to shoot tonight I certainly will.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3019 (isolation #170) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:11 am

In post 2951, Datisi wrote:the person that basically claimed power role shortly before d1 ended
When did that happen?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3358 (isolation #171) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:50 am

In post 3331, House wrote:Math is probably 3.14159x more OMGUSy.
Clever
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3359 (isolation #172) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:50 am

In post 3344, Frogsterking wrote:This is a simple lie and I stopped reading here.
I didn't read this post because I stopped reading your posts back at the beginning of the game the first time you said something untrue.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3364 (isolation #173) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:06 am

In post 3362, Frogsterking wrote:I read this post because it was short and didn't take me very long.
I'm confused, are you trying to burn me for making short and readable posts, lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3365 (isolation #174) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:07 am

Or are you just burning other people for making long posts
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3367 (isolation #175) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 am

it's mechanically optimal for me to do nothing so that scum have to decide between killing the conftown and killing someone useful
nah it's just because 3/8 currently living players give me a major headache and I townread all 3 of them which only makes it worse

I'm voting at least, that's more than you usually get from me. Nothing has convinced me that anyone else is a better kill than Andres.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3370 (isolation #176) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:18 am

In post 3368, Datisi wrote:considering you earlier say that i'm poe scum to you, this post implies that i do not give you a headache, and frankly i'm insulted
no I love playing with you :] I'm sad that you apparently don't like playing with you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3522 (isolation #177) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:33 am

VOTE: Datisi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3525 (isolation #178) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:41 am

In post 3523, Datisi wrote:you wanna say which part of that trainwreck you found convincing?
none of it, you had a couple of recent posts that felt awkward and I wanted to give Frog the benefit of the doubt wrt his Andres townread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3526 (isolation #179) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:42 am

In post 3524, Frogsterking wrote:S_S is there any way there can actually be three mafia left?
there are almost certainly not.

If there are then Isis and Gypyx deserve to be kicked out of the NRG, no joke. Especially if Math is scum because it means they also have a way to fool VP which is town's strongest PR.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3528 (isolation #180) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:48 am

uh, apparently I got it in my head that a post that was not you was actually you so oops UNVOTE:

is the other one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3530 (isolation #181) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:53 am

it is and it is not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3532 (isolation #182) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 am

also it doesn't matter because I'm conftown.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3533 (isolation #183) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 am

you should not let frog be the reason you don't make a post though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3542 (isolation #184) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:37 am

In post 3536, catboi wrote:Frogsterking (3): Andresvmb, Datisi, Aristeia
Math did you really just join a wagon with
this
composition smh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3547 (isolation #185) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:41 am

In post 3544, Datisi wrote:s_s: does absolutely nothing, with iv and math also doing nothing

people in the poe: vote

s_s: surprised pikachu face
I'm specifically calling Math out there for voting alongside the entire PoE. You can vote as you wish.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3553 (isolation #186) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 am

In post 3549, Datisi wrote:by your logic, any vote we agree on is going to be bad because it's necessary that the entire poe agrees on it because y'all are twiddling your thumbs.
yes, that's part of how you can sort people in a situation like this. wait for them to agree, and it will be sure to be on a bad option :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3555 (isolation #187) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:48 am

we have 5 days and potentially multiple incoming replacements. I will not be thumb twiddling forever. (And I was voting until this morning so I wasn't even doing that, really)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”