[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Peabody »

VOTE: Naio

Serious vote ^

You seem pretty set on voting someone in effort to be silly. Trying to fit in, are we?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Peabody »

Splashmaster wrote:4. What is your opinion on Lynch all Lurkers/Liars?
-I guess its alright, if it makes the game go faster.
Don't like this.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Peabody »

It's not that I'm feeling aggressive. It's that I'm pointing things out as I see them occur.

What makes you think that second post was an accusation?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 22, SplashMaster wrote:
In post 21, Peabody wrote:It's not that I'm feeling aggressive. It's that I'm pointing things out as I see them occur.

What makes you think that second post was an accusation?
Feeling a little defensive, are we?
Well which is it? Am I defensive or aggressive?

Passive aggressive questions are a wonderful way to cast doubt on someone without putting yourself in the lime-light.

Note to self (and all listening): if Splash flips scum, watch scot.

Aphix, if you agree with me, what is more well-timed than a vote right after the offense?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am

Post by Peabody »

What don't you like about the timing? I don't understand what you mean.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Peabody »

What would you have rather been done?

You get creeds of how people play by how they push who they think is scum. RQS and RVS is not going to do much for that.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Peabody »

@Naio
Naio wrote:I havent played before (only watched streams of people playing) and I've picked up some things from that, such as when someone storms in like Peabody is, being very aggressive, more times than not they are mafia. The reason being that they try to blast it in people's faces that they are town by trying to accuse whomever they can, with the long-game being that they "lead" the town as a "confirmed town".
I also dont like that you are immediately combative with everyone calling you out on things. Seems scummy to me. And you're sooo sooo sooo defensive right away, i feel like a town wouldnt play that way.
I never claimed to be confirmed town, and is it really that farfetched to want to throw out a serious vote right away on something I see as suspect? In a random voting stage, people throw out votes to start discussion. Your vote was for silly purposes:
Naio wrote:Mostly because he used TD;LR instead of TL;DR
yet you felt compelled to fit in by trying again and again to place down your vote.

I'm not going to keep RVS going for the sake of RVS. If I see something scummy, I point it out.

---------------------------------

@Acting Method
In post 33, The Acting Method wrote:
In post 31, Naio wrote:My bad for all the double-posts guys. Little tipsy at the moment and didnt think my entire post through. I also don't like that Peabody has posted a handful of times and is calling people out for crappy responses to the question, but hasn't yet answered himself.
Yeah now that I agree with. For someone calling people out for not answering the RQS stage questions that's a bit weird.
I didn't call anyone out for not answering questions.
The Acting Method wrote:I'm personally getting a town read from Peabody, and I like that he's got some conversation that isn't RVS/RQS started and getting the ball rolling. That's good. As for who I think is scum, that's going to take another readthrough.

How is this indicative of alignment? While I started the discussion, I've been the target of discussion.

-----------------------------------------

@Splash
- I'm against policy lynches in general. They rob the town of information because a scum can latch onto them just as easy as town can.
Splash wrote:Probably going to have to back off on my Peabody case. I guess what I'm saying about "only appearing pro-town" is that I think bussing on Day 1 is a good scum tactic, and one that I've seen Peabody use in one of his games. I think that if a scum flips early on, its always a good idea to check his lynchers.
What? Do you think I'm scum or not? And if you think I'm scum, do you think you'll get lynched because you -do think I'll flip scum and you were prodding me? You said you have a "Peabody case" but you never voted me. Which game did you read because my last scum game was years ago?

------------------------------------

@Scot
, can you answer this question please.

@Aphix
: do you think RVS stage will really tell you how a player posts? Many times it's just strings of votes for silly reasons. The reads don't come until later.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 am

Post by Peabody »

SplashMaster wrote:I think I would have voted for you if I did. I'm not expecting any major scum tells on page 3.
Then your "case" puzzles me.

unvote; vote Splashmaster

Who do you think is scum? Who your top scumread is so far? Why do you think you should 'back off' of me?

A tentative push? No vote? Scum? Probably.
-----------------------
Smudger's method of posting irks me the wrong way, but I'm not sure if it's playstyle or not.
-------------------------
Aphix wrote:@peabody: it helps provide a baseline.
You never explained HOW a string of silly votes can provide a baseline. It doesn't. And yes, this is important, so please answer.
-------------------------
Scotpgot wrote:Because you either "don't like this" and yet are totally cool with it, or you "don't like this" and mean it as an indication of some sort of scummy behavior. The second, to me, seems much more likely.
Hm. Okay.
-------------------
Smudger wrote:where did I try to take it back to RVS?
Here. You plopped a vote for a silly reason, asked your questions, and never reapplied a vote.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 am

Post by Peabody »

Don't like his tone or attitude at this point. He feels to dodge question and take no actual stances. If it continues it's going to be detrimental to the town.
So, is this vote on Smudger because you think he is scum or because you think he is detrimental to the town?

About the baseline posting styles, I still don't see how you can get that from RVS only and think I'm scum for ending your baseline reading. But meh, I think I got as much out of you on that topic as I will.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am

Post by Peabody »

What happened to your scum read on Atlas? What about the scum read on me?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Peabody »

Sorry, prod dodge. I'll be posting content this weekend.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Peabody »

Smudger wrote:
In post 62, Peabody wrote:Smudger's method of posting irks me the wrong way, but I'm not sure if it's playstyle or not

I get this a lot, but so I fully understand what irks you, please explain?
I don't know. It's probably not alignment-indicative. It's just how you word your posts.

Smudger, do you post
as
you read or after you read?
Smudger wrote:so for now my two main suspects are SplashMaster and aphix, if they are both scum they are playing terribly if they are town then they need to up their game drastically.
Do you think they are scum together?

@Aphix, thanks for putting the spoiler down, but can you please be sure to break even that post down in lines. It hurts my brain if it's a block of text.

@Scot - I see you have Aphix, atlas and Ravens as a scum read, but are atlas and Ravens scum reads just because they are lurking?
Splashmaster wrote:The scum team composition theory has no base whatsoever (I haven't really read many newbie games.) To me it seems logical. If both the scum were really bad newbies, or really pro players, the game would be over very, very quickly.
All roles are completely randomized. Two experienced players or two newbie players can be picked.

@Slime - What are your thoughts on the Aphix/Smudger quarrel and Splash's backtracking?

----------------------
The Aphix and Smudger confrontation is an exhausting read. The mutual scum reading looks ill-founded. Aphix reads Smudger as scum for posting for the sake of posting (which I don't think he's doing). Smudger reads Aphix as scum for not answering questions. I don't know... It looks like a town vs town interaction.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Peabody »

Nevermind the weird posting style or the out-of-place rvs vote. Smudger reads town to me. Mostly because of that Slim3r vote.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Peabody »

Slimer, to answer your question:
Peabody wrote:The Aphix and Smudger confrontation is an exhausting read. The mutual scum reading looks ill-founded. Aphix reads Smudger as scum for posting for the sake of posting (which I don't think he's doing). Smudger reads Aphix as scum for not answering questions. I don't know... It looks like a town vs town interaction.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

The Acting Method: Your iso post on Slimer... Was there a game-related reason you posted it other than him asking how he was trollish? Is he bringing up any scum vibes? If not, why did you feel the need to make such a long post on that?

Smudger: The reason I asked you if you post as you read is to determine if your RVS vote was placed before you read the thread. Was it?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

Slimer, any scum reads?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Peabody »

Scot, why did you feel the need to HoS Splashmaster when your vote is already on him?

The Acting Method, what did you see about Scot's response to your question that you liked?

Something about Acting Method's posting is pinging me as wrong. First his vote was on someone he didn't believe was scum. Second, this reaction test vote looks forced. "Look, everyone. This is what I did. Learn from me." Pings badly.

Slim3r is also pinging as scum.

Consider my vote on Slim3r right now
. The only reason I am not voting is that would put him at L-1 (Which means one vote to lynch), and I don't want to end the day so early.
Slimer wrote:I am Slimer. I prefer... Well I don't know, I prefer things.
I'm an odd one and I do things in very unorthodox methods.
(surprisingly it's a scum tell in all my games, especially as town)
Emphasis is added by me.

I don't like this at all. "Hey, if I'm scummy, don't worry. It's my playstyle." Already, Slimer is pre-emptively excusing future play. This, coupled with no scumhunting and with augmentation of theory talk, tells me he is scum.

Splashmaster is still a scumread of mine, so I'm keeping my vote there.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Peabody »

TAM: Was a possible rolefish the scummiest thing that has happened so far?

This is Slimer's first scumhunting post in the game.
Slim3r wrote:I you can understand why you wouldn't want to end the day early, but why wouldn't you want me to go back to L-1? What EXACTLY are you afraid of in the day being missed? Because basically that statement just said that you either confirmed me as scum, or you don't care what I flip. The latter seems more likely to me.
Regardless of alignment, any flip right now is going to rob us all of scumhunting tools that will develop. If I put you at L-1, rest assured, someone will hammer you.
That is terrible.
You took something small out of context and made a huge subtopic.
I said what I do is unorthodox. That has nothing to do with what I do or how you take it. The fact that you've taken it that way seems forged really.
Is it really that terrible? Your "my posting looks scummy" has been sticking in my mind ever since you said it. It has painted my view of you. If I saw it, chances are I'm not the only one to see it.
Who's more likely to be scum to you, me or splash?
You, Slim3r.

-----------------

This post looks fake. This appears Slim3r is trying to remind himself of who he thinks is scummy. By the way, Slim3r, is scot your only scum read then?
Naio wrote:And that there have been small, but noticable people throwing up a defense for you leads me to believe one of them might be scum as well.
Who do you think is defending slimer?

Hi Mollie.

Happy Scumday, Slimer.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Peabody »

I've been a quick hammer before. Plus we're in a newbie game.

So I don't get it, slimer. Are you calling me scum?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 166, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 162, Peabody wrote:I've been a quick hammer before. Plus we're in a newbie game.

So I don't get it, slimer. Are you calling me scum?
I'm still not liking how you're not neutralizing my statement of you not caring about my alignment.

And I'm simply using the same weak tactic you're using to attack you to show you just how pointless they really are.
I care about your alignment. Which is why I'm pressing you.

So do you think I'm scum or not? You're not clear.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

"not clear" as in I don't know your position.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 163, pirate mollie wrote:hi peabody!

I think you might be wrong about slimer. he is usually lynchbait.

oh TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM......

where did you go tam
Hi Mollie. Do you think Slim3r's posting style is the main reason I suspect him? If so, can you give me more information about his playstyle as scum and as town?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm miffed that our day 1 ended only on page 8. I'd rather have had more associative tells. Namely from Slimer to see his full thoughts on the splashmaster case rather than a post at the end of the day when it was obvious Splashmaster was the top priority for a lynch apart from himself...

Although we do have this gem:
Slimer wrote:As far as Splash goes I'm liking so far. The format of posts to me show a clear train of though to what he/she is thinking. As far as I see, every post has all they are thinking layed out without any holding back. Can't see scum being so open.
I agree with Slimer that this post by Naio looks all kinds of unnatural.

Slimer's push on Naio isn't bad. More specifically, this post by TAM is exactly what was going through my head when I read it. Naio, how did you know aphix died if you didn't know his role?

Another person drawing my attention is Scotpgot for what seemed like a knee-jerk reaction when I voted Splashmaster. It looked like a chainsaw defense (or an attack on your partner's attackers) Hence why I wrote my note to self.

I'm conflicted. Slimer was my top scum read yesterday apart from Splash. But Naio's post looks really bad. They both can't be scum.

VOTE: Naio
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by Peabody »

Naio,

Do you mind explaining how you went from a scum read on me to a scum read on slimer? I see that you originally voted him for inconsistency concerning how many games he played. Is that the sole reason you voted him? What about Slimer's posting has solidified your scum reading of him?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by Peabody »

After reviewing some of the interactions between splash and other players, I feel good about Smudger and Atlasblade so far as town.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Post by Peabody »

TheActingMethod wrote:
In post 160, Peabody wrote:TAM: Was a possible rolefish the scummiest thing that has happened so far?
I'm not sure what you are saying here, could you be more specific? I just talked about why I find Aphix scummy in my post prior to this. Or are you talking about Slimer? I'll consider relooking him over but I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing.
Your vote on Scot just didn't sit right to me. Scot's post did not strike me as an obvious rolefish until someone pointed it out, and you seemed to have abandoned your previous scumspect in favor of scot. When you backed off Scot, you did not reapply pressure elsewhere with a vote.

Ninjad: Smudger, why do you think Naio's post is a noob mistake? I keep reading it over and over, and I just don't see how someone can know someone died without realizing their role. It's like a decision to 'off' Aphix and failing to read the results. How would he have knowledge of one and not the other?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by Peabody »

UNVOTE: Naio

Smudger's argument isn't bad, slimer. I thought it was actually thoughtful.

I'm not a fan of TAM speculating as to why he wasn't killed. It's WIFOMing my brain to death though.

Honestly, I think slimer is calling people's arguments bad because that's the only way he can defend against them. Smudger is so town it hurts. I doubt Naio is scum at this point.

My vote will be reapplied after I read the thread a little more.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Peabody »

Hey guys, quick prod dodge. I should be able to post this weekend.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Peabody »

theslimer3 wrote:I mean look at what your first post is. It was that you're keeping up with your read on me, yet all evidence moving you to thinking i'm scum is coming directly from.the end of the day and the beginning of this one. It's an entirely new logic point, especially the way you're presenting it.
Annnd your point here?
Scot wrote:So does the Aphix murder on its own tell us anything?
This is too wifomy to really know for sure. From what I can guess, either Aphix suspected an actual scum, he appeared to be a power role, someone is trying to frame someone else who Aphix suspected, or scum simply didn't want Aphix to make it to lylo. Any case based on the death is going to be weak.

Scot - What do you make of the quote you pointed out here? Do you think Splash is implying his scum partner is a newer player like himself?

TAM - It would be helpful to read some of those speculation posts you were talking about.

----------------

I knew Smudger was cop or tracker from the beginning of day 2 when he claimed Naio was town. I did not want to draw attention to it hence my unvote. TAM appeared as if he -knew- Smudger was cop because honestly, that whole 'Naio' clearing stuff up thing looked like TAM's fake reason to unvote Naio so he didn't have to reveal that Smudger was a power role.

I was apparently wrong about that assumption when TAM has Naio as a town read and Smudger as a possible scum read??????? I thought TAM's whole assumption on Naio's alignment was based on Smudger's clearing Naio. Not on the 'clearing up' reasons he gave.

I don't see how Naio even cleared up the question well enough. The real question was how Naio knew aphix was dead without seeing 'vanilla townie' NEXT to his name. But Naio never answered that. Which makes me again think TAM's unvote of Naio wasn't authentic.

VOTE: TheActingMethod
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm feeling really confident about this one now, the more I think about this.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 271, theslimer3 wrote:And besides, who claims just to prove one person innocent? Especially when there's only one scum left. It's as though you're wifoming this or something.

But I suppose if you're lying, you'll be easily caught do to the grid matrix setup.

But still, the claim makes absolutely no sense just to share your results, even the soft claim.
Hmm.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Peabody »

Smudger - I'm voting TAM over Slimer because I think that his reasoning for unvoting Naio was based on your soft claim. But now I find out it wasn't. TAM unvoted Naio because Naio seemingly answered or clarified the question about him. Which Naio didn't even answer the question! It looks like TAM was trying to back off of the wagon of a townie and be pegged as scum the next day.

I do think slimer has been scummy based on his attack on you, the way he pushes his cases, and for his general day 1 play, but slimer appears not to have seen your soft claim while TAM already made a couple speculations about your role though he never said what those speculations were.

Spoiler: These are excerpts which lead me to believe TAM saw your soft claim:
TAM 224 wrote:
You seem to be missing something very obvious that I would be considering when having this kind of conversation.
(Though I tend to try and consider everything when I'm the IC.) And that is the other possibility.

And please explain why Naio's opening post is a n00b town mistake.
TAM 249 wrote:
So Smudger, when I tell you all of this. Does this make you more wary of your Naio is town claim?
I actually find your surety very alarming personally. Mainly because as I have said, I have seen "n00b" scum make mistakes.
Hell half of my Naio push has been clearing up exactly what his second "Mistake" he was thinking of was. He has responded in a town way so I will agree. Just keep in mind that I have made it quite clear why I'm not one to take an "Oh it's just a n00b town mistake" thing.
This one doesn't look exactly like he got it, but it does look like role fishing.
TAM 258 wrote:
I know. You have claimed him town.
No where have I said Naio has claimed himself town. Did you read my last post at all? Let me bold for you a few key points...

And finally, after pointing out all of the reasons I was wary of the "newb town mistake"
I conclude by asking you if you are still a hundred percent positive that he is practically confirmed town. In fact I even state (and I've underlined this) that YOU are the one claiming Naio is town.
Also note the below, in particular what I said before I unvoted.
TAM 262 wrote:
Show me how saying that you "know" Naio is town is pro-town.
It is day two. Assuming that you "know" he is pro-town for the reason I think you are saying that, how is you saying that helpful to town?
Because there are only two ways to know for certain Naio's alignment without a flip from him/her.
And the way you're going about it doesn't fill me with confidence that you, yourself is town. As it is, you are one of my suspects after reading through a little. Unfortunately Splash/Mollie did a very good job of hiding who their partner was from me.
TAM 266 wrote:I'll will happily accept a lynch of Slimer or Atlas, Smudger I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't have my own theories about his role.
Emphasis is mine.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Peabody »

Now that I go back and look at the posts, it looks like TAM did see your soft claims, but chose to instead push further for a real claim rather than accepting the softclaim and just not saying anything about it like I did.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Peabody »

I can believe that you didn't see the soft claim for the first two of my quotes because your recognition isn't very clearly stated in your quotes. At 258, I don't understand how you can't see the softclaim when he said he was
claiming Naio as town
. You repeated the phrase.

And still you were saying Smudger was scummy
even after you admit you saw the softclaim
. There would be no benefit whatsoever for Smudger to claim if he were scum. Even if it was a WIFOM claim, there's no way Smudger would last until lylo. All that being said, TAM, do you believe Smudger's claim?

Also, I was talking about when you offered to link me to games where you speculated why you didn't die.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 281, Naio wrote:
In post 278, Peabody wrote:Smudger - I'm voting TAM over Slimer because I think that his reasoning for unvoting Naio was based on your soft claim. But now I find out it wasn't. TAM unvoted Naio because Naio seemingly answered or clarified the question about him. Which Naio didn't even answer the question! It looks like TAM was trying to back off of the wagon of a townie and be pegged as scum the next day.

I'm not defending TAM, but i will mention that i did answer all his questions (unless i missed one) and from the way i read the chain of events, he was satisfied with my answers after a bunch of back and forth.
I think the real question behind all that was how you could see that aphix died without seeing Vanilla townie next to the name. I didn't see that question answered satisfactorily.

@Slimer - If you two weren't my scum reads, I wouldn't like that you're limiting the lynch to only you two. But since you are, I see no problem.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Peabody »

TAM - I can't see how you didn't know Smudger was implying a claim until way late. Seriously, I saw it the first post Smudger said he thought Naio was town. I didn't push the issue. I feel like you were working to make Smudger actually claim. I don't see a town motivation to do that.

To answer Smudger's comment: I thought it was obvious that there's only two scum in the entire game. That's how Newbie games are played. I did not realize you actually thought or implied two scum were alive, Smudger.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 313, theslimer3 wrote:I'm afraid Naio may have given the game away
What does this mean?

Hm. I'd like to hear more from Atlas.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 275, scotpgot wrote:Well, now that I know I'm not alone.

VOTE: The Acting Method
In post 231, The Acting Method wrote: It could, Obviously Scum found Aphix to be a threat of some kind. That or he may have thought them town and they felt it worth it to kill him to give them town cred. It's a two sided sword.
I'd also like to say that it clears me more likely than not. Because for what reason would I want to kill Aphix dead.

I'd have to question why the scum kept me alive though. As the IC in theory they would want me dead more than the others. So that is why I lean to an advantage for them from it.
That^^^ always struck me as wrong. WiFoM, yes. But...I don't know...forced, somehow. Not natural. How does the aphix murder clear you?

I was confused for a good number of days by the aphix murder. But I've thought of a possibility: It seems to me the aphix murder had less to do with aphix and more to do with everyone's reads on aphix. Rather than murdering a clear townie, scum murders the person who almost certainly would have been the next "on the block", with the single goal of creating confusion. That's a smart play by a smart player.
Scot, can you explain the first line of this post please? Why did you feel you needed to hold your vote until others agreed with you?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Peabody »

Can you please spell out what you meant by that though?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Peabody »

Atlas, do you see why Naio is confirmed town yet? Sleepy or not?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Peabody »

So what are your thoughts?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

1) What pro-town things have you done/said so far

Everything I do to find scum I consider pro-town. I think my serious vote at the beginning of the game was protown by generating discussion. Additionally, I backed off of a Naio lynch because I saw a soft claim. I didn't want Smudger to claim any further than he had at that point. I also didn't put Smudger to L-1 in fear of a quick lynch.

2) What pro-scum things have you done/said so far
I don't think I've done anything "pro-scum". This term is weird. I prefer "anti-town". My most anti-town move was probably voting TAM, but I honestly thought TAM was scum at the time. That's how you play the game. You vote who you think is scum.

I said post 24 because as soon as I commented on something on Splash's answer to TAM's question, Scot automatically assumed it was an attack on Splash. You can see that I caught on to that by questioning why Scot thought it was an accusation. I never directly attacked Splash in that post. I saw Scot's assumption as a possible attempt to protect Splash by attacking me.

I still think this is a possibility but it was only a hunch back then. I need to read through the thread again to get a clear scumspect. I need to reevaluate my read on Slimer, check into Scot's interactions with Splash, and try to understand if Atlas's strange way of posting is alignment indicative.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Peabody »

I would not like a lynch to occur until I can reread the thread with the questions I posed in mind. I have been busy but I'll try to work on it soon enough.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Peabody »

Uh, hello?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Peabody »

Sorry, I couldn't pay as much attention to this thread as I should. I will definitely be able to post on Saturday, but after reviewing the thread, my top scum read is on Scot. It's mainly based on the splash/chainsaw defense and on the fact that scot had to wait for someone to 'confirm' his vote on TAM yesterday.

vote Scotpgot

I hope to post more this weekend.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:24 am

Post by Peabody »

Can we get a prod on... um... everyone?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

This is a prod dodge. I'll post here soon.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Peabody »

post incoming tonight.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Peabody »

scotpgot wrote:The TAM vote and the role-baiting post has made me shy about bringing anything (and everything) up. I kind of feel safer if a feeling as confirmed first. No, it's not the BEST gameplay because I'm not bringing new info. to the table with each and every post. But at the same time, I don't see it as scummy either. Just more careful.
What exactly are you nervous about? Being lynched? I'm sorry, but this explanation does not tell me anything about your alignment. You haven't explained your post fully defending splashmaster toward the beginning.

---------

If I make it to lylo... grr. This playerlist is not the easiest to read.

Scot seems too careful. Atlasblade's posting is difficult to read. It's definitely coming from someone who hasn't been reading or been concerned about what is actually going on in the game. This is evidenced by him not even catching the cop claim after Smudger claimed. Slimer is hard for me to read at the moment. I was so certain TAM was scum for acknowledging without acknowledging Smudger's claim.

If Slimer is scum, it's for his early interaction with splash (which actually isn't much), and for possibly pushing Smudger for a full cop claim by keeping his case on you, Naio.

Right now, I think the most likely lynch canidate should be Scot although I'm not entirely even convinced of my own reasoning right now. This is more of a gut feeling, and it's something I noticed at the beginning of the game if Splash was mafia. He called my post an 'accusation' toward Splash. And while it was confrontational, Scot was the first one to call it anything but that.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Peabody »

Slimer, I'm unclear... Are you voting him because you think he's scum or are you voting him because you don't like his lurking?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Peabody »

Scot, a chainsaw defense is when a scum partner sees his buddy being attacked so he then attacks his buddy's attacker. I saw your comments on my aggressive posting at the beginning of the game as a way to defend Splash. What is confusing me is that you did have a vote on Splash as well, but I'm not ruling out bussing (voting your own partner if you're scum).

I am not looking forward to lylo (lynch or lose situation) if we fail to lynch the correct person today. I can see problems with most of the group. I'm just thankful Naio is clear right now.

Scot's the guy I have my eye on, but he didn't unvote Splash during day 1 when people started to pile their votes on his scum partner. If he really did do a chainsaw defense of Splash, I would have expected Scot to get off of Splash's wagon before he was lynched. This didn't happen, so I'm going to
unvote

Slimer has an early tie with Splash though it is not much. Basically it was that he had a town read on Splash early on in the game, but then Slimer placed that after-the-deadline vote. I could see this as a last minute bussing attempt. My suspicions are high after I reread. We also have a Slimer who said he failed to find Smudger's softclaims. I still see that as unbelieveable. It looks more like what I thought TAM was doing (forcing the cop to come forward explicitly*). I'm also wary of Slimer's new vote on Atlasblade, and here's why:

After I voted Scot and Naio followed, Slimer votes Atlasblade, but he doesn't say whether he thinks atlas is scum in his vote. I have something else on this but I want to wait for Slimer to respond.

Atlasblade: I'm wary of atlas's "oh no, the cop died post". I see this typical of scum and could be a scum-tell. His posting is confusing to me, and he's a wildcard at this point.

Scot's no longer my top scum read. It's more slimer at this point... again. But if I'm wrong, and scum kills Naio (which is likely), it's me, scot, and atlas... I feel like it'll be hard for me to make the right choice.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Peabody »

Our deadline is in about 48 hours. Just... let's pick right?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Peabody »

Scot, I'd have to say I'd be least comfortable with slimer in lylo because of the reasons I listed. Atlas is too much of a wildcard for me at the moment.

I intend to hammer slimer.

Do you have a claim, slimer?

Also, scot, replacin out isn't really a scumtell. People do it while in both alinments. (Sorry, jee key isn't workin)
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Peabody »

vote slimer
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Peabody »

Hm.

Let me do some reviewing. I'll post tomorrow.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Peabody »

The reason I hammered slimer the way I did is that I thought he confirmed himself as scum by saying he had no claim. A town would find something to claim, but slimer said he had none. It was almost as if he gave up. Additionally, there were only 7 hours left. I thought the game was over, so why would I post anything other than a simple vote?

I know I said I would review more, but I've just been preoccupied.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Peabody »

Content tomorrow. I promise. Unless I get to it before that.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Peabody »

atlasblade
- Your attack on Splashmaster in Post 80 was based on the fact that SplashMaster claimed to want to wait until RavenPaw posted more. He then put a vote on you, and so the basis of your attack was that he was contradicting himself because Raven hadn't posted.

Why didn't you vote Splashmaster at this point? This looks like Splashmaster made an attempt at 'bussing' you as a partner. Splashmaster's reasoning to vote you was you were lurking (weak case) and you looked as if you wanted to turn flak toward your scum partner for -some reason-. Personally, I think your case on Splashmaster was lacking, which is why this looks like a bus. Couple that with not voting while you first attacked him, and it looks worse. It took you 5 days after your accusation to actually place a vote on him. Please explain.

----------
Scotpgot

Scotpgot's coincidental random vote on Splashmaster did not sit right with me either, but after knowing what I know about scot, and his pattern in trying to find wording and phrases to scumhunt, this post makes sense.

Scot, can you explain why you thought here slimer was a townie who was just trying to survive.

I'm also a fan of finding out why people word things in specific ways, so Scot:
Scotpgot wrote:All I have to say is this: I voted Splash Day one, post one. Then based on my reads, never changed it. Go back through my ISO and look. I had a vote on Splash the WHOLE time. I can't imagine that would be in the scum playbook.
I for sure thought I'd be cleared when Splash flipped goon.
So my question in response to Smudger and Peabody: "Really?"
Emphasis mine.

This phrasing does not look right to me. 1) using the word "cleared" appears to me like it could be a scum trying to claim an automatic town spot in everyone's mind. 2) "when Splash flipped goon" makes it seem like you -knew- splash would flip goon. No one except a scum partner would know this.

Can you address this for me?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

What caused you to become more confident in your read?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 398, Atlasblade wrote:
Now then, anything else you want to ask?
Yes. Why aren't you trying to find scum? You look like you're in survival mode.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #60) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Peabody »

vote atlasblade

Good games.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #61) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

Thanks guys. I regret that my Splash/mollie was lynched day 1. I was not aware in the rules that it said the person at deadline with the most votes would be lynched, even if it wasn't a specific number of people. I was really worried about one of Splashmaster's posts giving me away:

In post 51, SplashMaster wrote:
Probably going to have to back off on my Peabody case. I guess what I'm saying about "only appearing pro-town" is that I think bussing on Day 1 is a good scum tactic, and one that I've seen Peabody use in one of his games. I think that if a scum flips early on, its always a good idea to check his lynchers.
At this point, I was voting Splashmaster, so this was almost like an admission to guilt as well as implicating me. It's okay though, Splash. It was super subtle.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by Peabody »

Multiple people seemed to write me off early as town, and I think that's partially what won me the game.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #63) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Peabody »

I was confident I could get away with it. You didn't claim, there was 7 hours left, and I didn't feel the need to say anything. I knew that I could justify it if anyone asked me about it.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #64) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Peabody »

Yeah, you're right. I'm glad it was you I hammered because it looks like you would have called me out for it. ^_^

Good games anyway to everyone.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Peabody »

I don't even remember any of us posting in it. I think the only person who posted in it is Maestro.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”