OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Welcome to Open 732:
PICK YOUR POWER X/Y!!


status : all done!!




the players:
  • Sando
  • skitter30
  • AP
  • Cardi B ** brassherald
  • Myloninja13 Music BuJaber
  • Ausuka ***
  • Skygazer
  • vulcan logician **
  • ceejayvinoya *
  • ruru
  • ofrhz **
  • Invisibility
  • OkaPoka
  • Enigma

Spoiler: alive people
  • skitter30 ~ Mafia 1-shot Watcher ~ survived and won

Spoiler: dead people

Spoiler: modkilled people
  • that's right don't cross me

Spoiler: improtat events
Last edited by the worst on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 99 times in total.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Rules
mercilessly stolen & slightly adapted from MarioManiac4


General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
3. The default mafiascum skin font colours (in bold) are my mod colours. I would strongly encourage you to use them if you feel the need to.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did.
5. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
6. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
7. Once you die you may not post anymore.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
9. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
10. Don’t work against your win condition.
11. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
12. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
13. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
14. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

15. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
16. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: teh worts or this: Vote: teh worts. please try and use recognisable names/nicknames wherever possible.
17. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
18. Deadlines are 2 weeks long for days and 2 days long for nights, although I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
19. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.

Prodding and Activity:

20. If a player fails to post for 48 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
21. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Setup Information

this one's a doozy, I will hold hands through the crazy bits of the process. :)

stolen from the wiki:


Basic Setup
  • 3 Mafia Goons
  • 11 Townies

Possible Roles (selected via universal draft across BOTH factions)
  • Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
  • 1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO (active)
  • Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
  • 1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
  • Doctor OR Roleblocker
  • Universal Backup OR Role Cop
  • Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
  • Jailkeeper OR Tracker

Mechanics
  • At the beginning of the game, there is a draft to determine the order for the bidding on roles.
  • Once this has happened, each player will send in the role they'd like to be. Only one role from each "slot" will be awarded, for example; there cannot be a Doctor and a Roleblocker in the game.
  • As such, in the event multiple players select the same role (or the same "slot"), the player highest in the draft order wins the role, whilst the others remain Vanilla.
  • Roles are then distributed and Day 1 begins.
  • Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, mafia may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.

Other worthwhile tidbits
  • An individual Mafia member cannot nightkill and use a power on the same night.
  • Mafia have daytalk.
  • Initial Role PMs are as follows.

Spoiler: TOWN ROLE PM
Vanilla Townie
Welcome, the worst, you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
  • You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win condition:
  • You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Spoiler: MAFIA ROLE PM
Mafia Goon
Welcome, the worst, you are a Mafia Goon.

Abilities:
  • Factional communication: At any time you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Win condition:
  • You win if at least half of the living players are mafia (or if nothing can prevent the same).





Spoiler: draft related setup copy/pasted into post
STEP ONE : THE DRAFT
  • Once alignments have been dealt out, each player must send a (whole) number back to the mod, with the lowest unique number winning the draft. Second place is awarded to the second lowest unique number and so on, until all unique numbers have been exhausted. Next placed on the list is the lowest doubled numbers, followed by the next lowest doubled numbers, and so on. Continue this same process for triples and quadruples.
  • In cases of multiple players selecting the same number, the higher placed between these players is chosen randomly.
  • Here is an example draft. In the below example, note that 5s, 9s and 1s have dropped to the bottom of the list due to duplicate selections.

NUMBER SELECTIONS:|DRAFT ORDER:
Player NameSelected Number|Player NameSelected Number
Player 15|Player 23
Player 23|Player 86
Player 31|Player 412
Player 412|Player 75
Player 51|Player 15
Player 69|Player 69
Player 75|Player 109
Player 86|Player 91
Player 91|Player 51
Player 109|Player 31




STEP TWO : BIDDING FOR ROLES
  • Once the draft order has been determined, each player PM's the moderator of the game with the SINGLE ROLE (not set of roles) they'd like to be. Roles are unisex, in the sense, that they can be selected by Mafia or Town. So, it's possible to have a Mafia 1-Shot Vig or a Town 1-Shot Vig, and so on.
  • Here are the list of roles players select from:

Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
Abilities:
Kill: On Night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
Kill: When you are lynched, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO
Kill: Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
1-Shot PGO: On one night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Mafia", "Not Mafia", or "No Result".
1-Shot Redirector: On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice.

1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
Commute: Once, at night, you may commute, rendering yourself unable to be targeted by any actions that phase.
Watch: Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

Doctor OR Roleblocker
Heal: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
Roleblock: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

Universal Backup OR Role Cop
Universal Backup: After the first powerrole has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.
Role Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or "No Result". Goons and Vanilla Townies will return a result of "Vanilla".

Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time.
Fruit Vendor: Each night, you may target a player in the game and give them a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing.

Jailkeeper OR Tracker
Jail: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.
Track: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:40 pm

we are now in DRAFTING STAGE ONE.

it would be appreciated if you could please have your numbers in by (expired on 2018-07-09 08:20:00)


update: we're nearly done with this. draft should be up tomorrow.




ROLE PM's GOING OUT SHORTLY.

once this is done, we will be in "DRAFTING STAGE ONE".

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:04 pm

WELCOME TO DRAFT STAGE TWO!!!!! DRAFT ORDER IS AS BELOW.

THIS STAGE ENDS IN
(expired on 2018-07-11 08:20:00)


draft positionplayer namenumber chosen
1ruru1
2Skygazer8
3OkaPoka9
4Vulcan logician10
5Invisibility18
6AP20
7skitter3042
8Ausuka3
9brassherald3
10Enigma6
11BuJaber6
12Sando4
13ceejayvinoya4
14ofrhz4




PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH THE ONE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE FROM THE ABOVE LIST.

ROLES PER BRACKET WILL BE ALLOCATED TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER IN THE DRAFT. ALL DUPLICATE REQUESTS FOR EACH BRACKET LOWER IN THE DRAFTS WILL BECOME VANILLA TOWNIES.

LET ME KNOW IF ANY QUESTIONS : )

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:34 pm

FINAL ROLES ARE OUT! PLEASE CHECK YOUR INBOX & CONFIRM BACK WIRH YOUR ROLE.

THE GAME WILL (FINALLY) START AT 11/14 CONFIRMATIONS.

I PROMISE THE MADNESS HAS BEEN WORTH IT.



DEADLINE FOR CONFIRMATIONS: (expired on 2018-07-13 08:20:00)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 pm

with 11 confirmations in.......
DAY ONE BEGINS!!!!!!!!




VOTE COUNT 1.1


Sando (0) ~
skitter30 (0) ~
AP (0) ~
brassherald (0) ~
BuJaber (0) ~
Ausuka (0) ~
Skygazer (0) ~
vulcan logician (0) ~
ceejayvinoya (0) ~
ruru (0) ~
ofrhz (0) ~
Invisibility (0) ~
OkaPoka (0) ~
Enigma (0) ~

NOT VOTING: Sando, skitter30, AP, brassherald, BuJaber, Ausuka, Skygazer, vulcan logician, ceejayvinoya, ruru, ofrhz, Invisibility, OkaPoka, Enigma

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-07-25 18:30:00)


mod notes:
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OkaPoka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm

in before the mod pms us lets go

VOTE: ruru

scum has pregame chat and likely coordinated their numerical picks, having one scumbuddy go with number 1 would probably be a safe thing to do.

Skygazer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2018
Location: Baltimore
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 pm

heha second post

VOTE: Oka

trying to drag us out of rvs so soon?

Sando
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 pm

VOTE: VulkanLogician

Tautologies must die

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:51 pm

VOTE: Enigma

Because I can't figure him out
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Will not be playing for a while.

ofrhz
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2018

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:48 pm

VOTE: okapoka

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 am

VOTE: brass

Hahaha we all played ourselves. Nobody picked 7.
Okay if Oka is town he makes a good point about coordination.
I think we can safely assume that no two people with the same number are scum together.

That said not sure why he'd assume they picked 1.

1 is a ballsy pick. It's like picking 7 and we were all too cowardly to pick 7. I think ruru is town because he wasn't afraid.

I don't know how useful this is, maybe later on if massclaim becomes a thing, but each of us knows for sure that:
- if we got our choice it means nobody above us in the order picked the same X/Y pair.
-if we didn't get our choice it means somebody above us has one of the X/Y pair we picked.

OkaPoka
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 am

my logic is that most likely, scum would want to try and get one of the first picks, 1 is a ballsy pick but with 3 shots its a risk worth taking for scum imo

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 am

To be honest you'd be a good lynch right now .. i'd rather not be paranoid about you WIFOMing us. If town please obvtowning it up as soon as possible.

I guess I see your point. We'll have to watch ruru.

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:39 am

My first instinct was to pick 11.. wouldn't have been amazing but 5th is way better than 11th :(

ofrhz
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2018

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 am

wait i'm stupid

oka is probably town

VOTE: bujaber

ofrhz
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2018

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 am

In post 12, BuJaber wrote:I think we can safely assume that no two people with the same number are scum together.

let's not

ofrhz
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2018

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:03 am

In post 14, BuJaber wrote:To be honest you'd be a good lynch right now .. i'd rather not be paranoid about you WIFOMing us. If town please obvtowning it up as soon as possible.

I guess I see your point. We'll have to watch ruru.

why would he be a good lynch exactly

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 am

In post 18, ofrhz wrote:
In post 14, BuJaber wrote:To be honest you'd be a good lynch right now .. i'd rather not be paranoid about you WIFOMing us. If town please obvtowning it up as soon as possible.

I guess I see your point. We'll have to watch ruru.

why would he be a good lynch exactly


Because the below assumption assumes that Oka is town.
If Oka is scum then he could have said that stuff because he knows they didn't coordinate.

In post 12, BuJaber wrote:I think we can safely assume that no two people with the same number are scum together.

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 am

What made you first suspect oka, and then change your mind?

Your first vote clearly wasn't random if you needed a reason to change it.

brassherald
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 21, 2017
Location: New York
Pronoun: He

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 am

VOTE: Skitter30

Highest number picked is a scum pick

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 am

In post 21, brassherald wrote:VOTE: Skitter30

Highest number picked is a scum pick


You think scum would willingly guarantee themselves a goon role?

I imagine skitter knew fully well he wasn't getting a power role there.

Some people like me prefer vanilla townie. But I haven't heard of anyone yet that prefers vanilla scum to a PR scum.

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:54 am

In post 19, BuJaber wrote:
In post 18, ofrhz wrote:
In post 14, BuJaber wrote:To be honest you'd be a good lynch right now .. i'd rather not be paranoid about you WIFOMing us. If town please obvtowning it up as soon as possible.

I guess I see your point. We'll have to watch ruru.

why would he be a good lynch exactly


Because the below assumption assumes that Oka is town.
If Oka is scum then he could have said that stuff because he knows they didn't coordinate.

In post 12, BuJaber wrote:I think we can safely assume that no two people with the same number are scum together.


Then why don't we just label Oka as null and go elsewhere for now? Since what he said could both be town and scum motivated.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Will not be playing for a while.

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 am

In post 22, BuJaber wrote:
In post 21, brassherald wrote:VOTE: Skitter30

Highest number picked is a scum pick


You think scum would willingly guarantee themselves a goon role?

I imagine skitter knew fully well he wasn't getting a power role there.

Some people like me prefer vanilla townie. But I haven't heard of anyone yet that prefers vanilla scum to a PR scum.


I think it's brass' rvs vote and you're reading too much into it.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Will not be playing for a while.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Central Park