Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by shrike »

Hi everyone. I'm gonna give these vote tags a whirl.
VOTE: AzoriusSenate
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 am

Post by shrike »

Anyone know how to turn the shadows on the text off? I find them pretty annoying.

In post 14, vettrock wrote:Greetings all.

VOTE: Shrike

Your unconscious capitalisation of my name indicates a hidden agenda.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 19, Cheery Dog wrote:
In board preferences in the UPC you can change the board style to MafSefia or MafSilver, it will change the background as well, but the shadows only exist on MafBlack

It's a shame there's no dark themes without shadows on the font.
In post 24, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 16, PhantomCobalt wrote:VOTE: PC

Hi.

From what I understand, and
@goodmorning
please correct me if I'm wrong, the RVS is for judging reactions and making very rudimentary reads on folks. The idea of the votes is to see how people react to them, no?

Why then, would you vote for yourself, even in the RVS, unless you just wanted to blend in without actually generating any of these reactions that could lead us closer to..............
THE MAFIA!

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

I like this post.
In post 29, PhantomCobalt wrote:
I really like this post. Seems like very geniune scumhunting with a very clear and well laid out motive.

Radical Rat is a
VERY STRONG TOWN READ.

This post reads like buddying to me. I'm not quite convinved enough to jump on the wagon though. I do understand that you self-voting managed to prevoke a lot of reactions which is good.

In post 32, PhantomCobalt wrote:

But why slip if your town?

This reads a bit like a threat.

Overall I think PC is looking scummy but I would like to see posts from some of the less active people. I don't feel a self-vote (which actually provoked reactions) and semi-buddying is enough to warrant a lynch and think it might be too easy for people to lurk this day out.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 12, goodmorning wrote:
I already have my eye on someone.

Care to share?
I really dislike ambiguous posts like these (are you attemping to provoke a reaction from someone?). I seem to remember reading a game where you did a similar thing and were town however, so maybe your playstyle is just different to what I'm used to.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:52 am

Post by shrike »

In post 71, MortFeld wrote:
In post 69, PhantomCobalt wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63737

Rat, I hate to meta defense. But you really pushed my buttons mets reading me there. I voted for myself in RVS, and I got lynched D1 as a vanilla townie. I'd really hate for this to happen again.

I'm really confused why you would take a strategy again that didn't work before.

Perhaps so he could bring up this exact argument about being a townie in a previous game and avoid suspicion?
Or maybe he just thought getting lynched was bad luck and wanted to try the self-vote again.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 102, PhantomCobalt wrote:@Performer Can you elaborate on your scumread on Azor? I want to hear your opinions on how scum can look town. How can you tell true town and faking town apart?

I'm not performer, but I also have a bit of a scum read on Azor, so I'll give my reasons.

Post is full of weasel words despite being a first post. Saying "From what I've seen it's customary" and "sooo..." make it seem as if Azorius doesn't want to take responsibility for his vote. This could just be because he's not used to RVS though.

Post Feels pretty weird to me too. "I won't OMGUS you for now, but you should know I'm watching you a bit more closely" comes off as a threat, and doesn't seem to actually achieve much.

As someone else pointed out, post is pretty weird. He's protecting PC by suggesting a mislynch could occur, even though anyone choosing to hammer PC would be pretty suspicious at this point.

In post 108, MortFeld wrote:Shrike is the person I want to hear most from. His current vote is for Azor out of RVS, and since then he's voiced oblique suspicion of PC, but hasn't attempted to engage with him. This doesn't really look to me like he's trying to find scum, especially because he questioned PC after Radical Rat voted for him.

This is secondary though, my main worry is just that he hasn't voted since RVS now that he has means to make reads on people.

I think PC's self-vote is not very suspicious. However, as I said before I don't like his reaction to RR's accusation. As a newb I'm a bit unsure of how to engage with PC though, seeing as several other people are already doing it.
My current scum reads are Azorius and PC, but I'll have a reread and see if I spot anything new.
In post 111, PhantomCobalt wrote:VOTE: Azorius

Not saying the perfect lynch target, but I'm currently voting for myself and RVS is over soooo.

Have you got any more reasons for this vote other than the one in ? Why are you so eager to vote on someone? It feels to me like you wanted to remove your self-vote without drawing attention to yourself, and just jumped on an easy wagon.
Does anyone else look particularly scummy to you?

@goodmorning or any of the SEs
How do you keep track of the game, especially when you're playing others at the same time? Do you take notes?
Is there an easy way to quote someone once I've already started writing a message?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by shrike »

I like to UNVOTE: AzoriusSenate as well, because I feel my scumread on PC is harder than the one on azorius (which is pretty flimsy).

I forgot to say in my last post but PC also used the weasel word "soooo" in

Out of curiosity, would everyone here be happy if their vote target was lynched? It seems people use votes differently to what I'm used to (ie to provoke reactions, not just to lynch)
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by shrike »

@ai_shuuu
Do you mind using the post tag GM explained in or quoting people when you're responding to them? It makes your comments much easier for us to read as we don't have to go back and find the comments.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 99, Performer wrote:
In my opinion, if Phan gets mislynched, we should take a look at Radical Rat on d2, as he was the first person to call Phan out on the self vote being scummy. Why? Because Rad's post and first vote on Phan (other than Phan's self vote) alone, sounds Townie - but combined with a possible town flip from Phan - this would raise my suspicion-ometer.

Why do you think we should take a look at RR in particular? vettrock and MortFeld both had votes on PC when you made this post.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by shrike »

@vettrock
What do you think of Azorius? Is there anyone other than PC that you find suspicious?

--

It's not rude to post this many times in a row is it? Just checking beccause some forums don't like double posts (but I guess you can edit on those).
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:56 am

Post by shrike »

@PhantomCobalt
Can you answer the questions I asked in ?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Post by shrike »

Replying to some posts now so I don't fall too far behind. I'll do a reread tomorrow, reply to some more posts, and maybe post my reads.
In post 119, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 115, shrike wrote:Out of curiosity, would everyone here be happy if their vote target was lynched? It seems people use votes differently to what I'm used to (ie to provoke reactions, not just to lynch)

If we answered this question, it would effectively remove the pressure we're trying to put on these people. Would you feel pressured by a vote you knew wasn't really meant to kill?

I agree with this to an extent and I've realised that D1 lynch is not as important as I'd been taking it. However, I do think that a vote alone does not put much pressure on someone unless they are at L-1 and it is important to pressure them with questions as well (which you are sort of doing). The next quote is an example of a vote that doesn't put much pressure on me because it's not accompagnied by strong questions.
In post 141, Performer wrote:
I think PC's self-vote is not very suspicious. However, as I said before I don't like his reaction to RR's accusation.

@shrike This is confusing to me as it sounds like you have ambivalent feeling about Phan.
Why do you believe Phan's self vote wasn't very suspicious?
VOTE: shrike

The self vote provoked reactions (ie RR with a townie post), created discussion, and got us out of RVS. It was on the first page IIRC, and there isn't really much to go off at that point so it doesn't seem like a bad gambit to me. What I don't like about PC is pretty much every post after the self vote (I'll go into more detail about this tomorrow).

In post 148, PhantomCobalt wrote:114 - I'm the most voted player in the game. Why would I not be eager to remove my self vote?

The questions asked were more than why you removed your self-vote. I wanted you to justify your vote on Azorius. From my point of view it looked really weird that you sat with the self-vote on you for so long then decided to change it by jumping on a bandwagon instead of putting more effort into scumhunting or simply unvoting. RR's post pretty much mirrors how I see what you did:
In post 183, Radical Rat wrote:
Why indeed wouldn't you be eager to remove your self vote? You sat at L-1 for a very long time, and seemed to ignore all the posts telling you to unvote.... At least until you had an opportunity to put someone else at L-1..... Without announcing it.....

In post 168, PhantomCobalt wrote:Also, if vet is laying low, can we assume that he is a power role? I play power roles purposely a bit scummy so that I'm left alone by mafia because they think I could be a future ML target.

Woah, this post is bizarre. It almost sounds like a softclaim.

I'll post a full explanation of my view on PC tomorrow, and maybe how I see a few other people. I'm happy to have him as a day 1 vote at this point though.
VOTE: PhantomCobalt
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 227, goodmorning wrote:People I want to look at a little harder tomorrow: Vettrock, Performer, maybe shrike? Probably not shrike.

I assume this was based on the assumption that PC was mafia. How did him flipping town change your views?

In post 237, goodmorning wrote:Oh, and does everyone understand how to read the setup matrix?

Yes :D
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 218, Performer wrote:shrike's is something I've seen scum do - address some topics, put off other topics to follow-up on later. Looking through his profile, he has 13 posts so he looks new but his L-1 vote without announcing L-1 on PC, makes me continue scumreading him.

This post has some more scumhunting effort put into it than your last one. Your vote was a bit tunnely though, and I would have heavily suspected you if PC flipped maf, but now I'm not so sure.
I've only been addressing some topics because I underestimated the amount of time it takes to play forum mafia. There are other lurkers who you could also have accused, Which is why I see this as tunneling. If there's anything specific you want me to address (I bet there isn't) then please tell me.
I've played a lot of IRL mafia, but I'm new to forum mafia. It didn't occur to me to announce that PC was L-1 because I'm used to people carefully considering their votes and counting the votes before placing their own. I'll endeavour to do so in the future though.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 250, Performer wrote:@shrike also, why would you have suspected me if he flipped mafia? I don't follow this.

I've changed my mind on this. My orginal view was that your vote was a fairly unsubstantiated attempt to lead the vote away from PC. However, I realise that it was so late in the day that it would be fairly unlikely to succeed. This means that either you were an overeager townie looking for scum, or mafia trying to appear involved in the game without lynching a townie.
In post 251, Performer wrote:@shrike what I just don't get is this:
There are other lurkers who you could also have accused, Which is why I see this as tunneling.

It's easy for scum to focus on lurkers.

Maybe you wanted me to focus more on lurkers so we town folks could get them mislynched ?
This also makes me doubt that vet and shrike are a team, since shrike questioning of me not focusing on lurkers (vet has been hardcore lurking), is one sign that they're not a team.

I'm not saying you should focus on lurkers (although I love lynching lurkers in IRL mafia). I just think your vote on me for failing to address some posts was pretty weird as other people were putting even less effort into the game.
I can't be partners with vett, because as Azorius said in , he and I are scum buddies.

--

How do we feel about discussing the events of last night as a town? Could it lead to a clearer understanding of who could be mafia, or is it not worth the risk of a PR slip?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 253, goodmorning wrote:
In post 244, shrike wrote:
In post 227, goodmorning wrote:People I want to look at a little harder tomorrow: Vettrock, Performer, maybe shrike? Probably not shrike.

I assume this was based on the assumption that PC was mafia. How did him flipping town change your views?

It doesn't really. I don't usually do associatives til after flips.

Does that mean townie claiming is common in mafiascum? Otherwise I don't see why you wouldn't have 100% thought that PC was mafia.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 264, ai_shuuu wrote:
Can you explain why D1 lynch is not as important?

We don't really have much to go off so the chances of finding mafia are rare. Day 1 is more important in creating links between different people based on their votes and the flip.

And how did self vote is not bad gambit when i read it on wiki there is "don't don't don't don't self-vote" especially in newbie game?
Where its antitown behaviour, and playing for scum wincon?

I agree that it's usually a bad gambit, however in this situation it created a lot of discussion which is good. It's not playing to a scum wincon either as scum don't win by being lynched.

And then this, "Woah, this post is bizarre. It almost sounds
like a softclaim.
" you think he did softclaiming and you vote him instead >.<
Sry, i dont get this@shrike

I don't like softclaims as a rule. The mafia is just as able to pick up on PR tells as other members of the town. To me hinting at being a PR in PC's situation looked pretty scummy.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 339, Performer wrote:
And Performer, you seem to have conveniently slipped away into the shadows

Whoa whoa. Thursday I was busy all day so I'm doing catch up. If anyone's slipped away in shadows, it's been Mort on early d2, vett, as well as shrike.

I apologise for lurking, I'm having trouble finding things to respond to. If anyone has any questions they want to ask me that might help me contribute more.

@Performer
You voted for Azorius on day one without providing much justification. Do you mind going into your vote on him and explain how you see him now?

@TIMU
Can you answer ?

I'd like to put some pressure on TIMU because I don't see them creating much content. They're posting long lists of how they see posts but aren't actually interacting with the town.
VOTE: This is my username

--

Sidequestion: Are there stats on whether mafia is more or less likely to replace out than village?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by shrike »

Also I think this whole interaction between RR and Azorius is pretty dumb.
I don't really like how either of them handled it and don't think we should continue arguing over it.
Currently RR's reaction looks defensive to me though, as if he's trying a bit too hard to maintain his town cred.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 359, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 358, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 357, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 356, Radical Rat wrote:That's tempered by the fact that TIMU is looking really, really good since his arrival though. Like... Strongest Town read aside from GM good.

TIMU isn't looking THAT good. Can you explain why you tr TIMU to the point of comparing TIMU to confirmed town?

It's an attitude thing. They feel like Town.

I feel like you might be town spewing. Does anyone else agree?

I don't know what town spewing is, but I don't like how much RR bases his reads off gut instinct which he can't justify.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 370, Performer wrote:Who I'm most uncomfortable with being lynched for today's phase: gm, Azor, Radical.

Why are you comfortable with lynching gm? She's basically conf town.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 367, AzoriusSenate wrote:
I AM voting on RR right now. Is there something wrong with putting pressure on people? IMO if we sit back and do NOTHING this game other than pat each other on the back for town reads we ARE GOING TO LOSE. So don't tell me that I'm suspicious when I am the most townie here besides GM.

I like the first part of this post, however calling youself "the most townie here besides GM" is pretty weird

In post 374, AzoriusSenate wrote:
I think I like shrike as town for now along with GM as town.

I feel like you could be saying you like me as town because I've played along with one of your jokes and I left the wagon on you. Could you actually justify why I appear town to you?

In post 396, Performer wrote:@everyone except the SEs & IC: I understand you guys are new to this site. But if you guys are finding it too challenging to tell who is the right person to vote, then look over the following points.

1. IC gm is near-confirmed town
2. I am an SE and am town
3a. vet is also an SE but he has been heavy lurking, and his posts don't scream town to me. So we can't trust him
b. He never replied to my questioning of him, either
c. He also never replied to gm
4. Everyone who has not been wanting to vote him despite the situation's facts, is only going to be more suspect by day's end. We only have 6 days left and I'd like for us to consolidate our votes ahead of time. I also have limited access this week
5. The remaining experienced (SE Performer and IC goodmorning) town players aren't perfect, but you guys need to believe in us. Have faith in us and vote vet.
6. One big question to ask yourselves, is this question when you have trouble voting or reading someone: are you going to be comfortable if said person is left in LyLo?

I really don't like this post. Point #2 is pretty weird as obviously everyone is going to claim they're town. Furthermore, you're trying to use your position as SE to influence our votes. Your points about vettrock aren't bad, however point #4 is really manipulative and you're threatening people to get them to vote with you. By point #6, do you mean left alive until a LyLo, or not voted in LyLo?

My vote on TIMU isn't doing much, so VOTE: Performer
My reads are:
Scummy - Performer, Azorius, vettrock
Neutral - RR, TIMU, ai_shuuu
Townie - GM
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 398, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 397, shrike wrote:
In post 370, Performer wrote:Who I'm most uncomfortable with being lynched for today's phase: gm, Azor, Radical.

Why are you comfortable with lynching gm? She's basically conf town.

Shrike, that says UNcomfortable

Oops, my bad.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 384, Radical Rat wrote:I'm concerned about shrike.

So far toDay, he's only posted after a prod, and after being directly mentioned as lurking.

Performer did something similar, but just for one real-time day. Vettrock has also been inactive, but based on how long it took him to respond, it seems more like he is just busy.

Meanwhile, Shrike's explanation is "I can't find things to respond to." Personally, I think we have plenty to discuss between Azor and myself, TIMU's arrival, and the looming cloud of mystery that is Performer.

Azorious remains my ultimate scumread, but frankly we've reached a point where us yelling at each other does nothing but clog the thread.

Therefore....

VOTE: shrike

I think this vote on me is pretty unjustified, although you doing it does help me generate more content :] .
Personally, I think we have plenty to discuss between Azor and myself, TIMU's arrival, and the looming cloud of mystery that is Performer.

I posted my thoughts on the interaction between you and Azorius in .
I posted my view of TIMU's arrival in . I still think people are townreading him too hard for what are basically low effort, stream-of-consciousness type posts.
As demonstrated by my vote on performer I see him as scummy. However I might read over his posts again to solidify my views.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 403, Radical Rat wrote:Take a quick look at his ISO. You'll find that while it's been largely absent Day 2... His Day 1 posts have been FULL of underlines and color emphasis.

This is getting ridiculous. You are correct that his original scumread on you was weird, however you've taken it so much further than it needed to be. I went through his posts and the only one I found which used underline was . I couldn't see any colour other than when he quoted performer. If I missed something feel free to link me.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 384, Radical Rat wrote:Azorious remains my ultimate scumread, but frankly we've reached a point where us yelling at each other
does nothing but clog the thread
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 406, Radical Rat wrote:I didn't just go back to look for that specifically.

I found it while I was reading back through Day 1, and I happened to notice. If you go back through toDay's posts, you'll see that I haven't really been dwelling on that point so much as his reactions to what was nothing more than a hasty vote born from bitterness.

I simply saw this, and it explained too much for me to ignore.
Plus, so what if he only used it on a few posts? I only used it on one.

He only used underlining on one post. He never used colour. You're misrepresenting him. I find this especially weird when there plenty of reasons to actually think of him as scummy.
I had a short look at the second game you linked where you're mafia. You seem to like the tactic of scumhunting based on really small things. I don't think doing it in this game makes you mafia necessarily, however it has made me re-evaluate my day one town read on you.

Offtopic:
Seeing as your games were on smashboards, do you play melee? If you do, do you live in Australia? I'm looking for people to netplay with.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 408, Radical Rat wrote:I do play Melee, but I'm in the US I'm afraid.

I took another look through that, and he DID use color. However, I did grossly misjudge the frequency, because it got quoted a lot. That's my bad.

Now that you've looked at my Mafia game, go look at my Town game. Nitpicky scumhunting is even worse there. I literally jumped on people for typos, which was really quite terrible of me. In my defence though, that guy WAS mafia.

I did look at your town game too. I didn't want to bring it up because it seemed you made a lot of mistakes, meaning your current play would be different. I don't like to base reads too heavily off past games anyway.
Can you link to a post where he uses colour (not saying him using colour is a scumtell or anything, but I'm curious now)?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by shrike »

Both the people he quoted used red in their original posts. See and .
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 426, Jake from State Farm wrote:Well it's bad cause I'm not scum

You're going to have to start scumhunting then.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 444, Jake from State Farm wrote:I did say I have to catchup first.

I understand that. That's why I think you should've read through the game first and form some opinions before responding to gm's low effort jabs.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:06 am

Post by shrike »

In post 454, goodmorning wrote:

In post 445, shrike wrote:
I understand that. That's why I think you should've read through the game first and form some opinions before responding to gm's low effort jabs.

Low effort jabs like that one right there? ouch.

That post was really badly phrased. I made it when I was mad at somthing irl and it definitely shows.
In post 456, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Not a fan of shrike's 114 and 115

Any particular reason?
In post 468, Performer wrote:Hi all,
shrike's post where he picked apart my previous post , was questionable; but I don't have the time to get into that right now.

Note to Cheery: if others aren't happy about my situation at all, then I am ok with being replaced. But I do sincerely wish to continue on Sunday, if I am not replaced.

I don't really want to see you replaced. People replacing out seems to nullify most of the work we've done building a case against them, and I want to hear a response to my post from you.
In post 474, goodmorning wrote:
Ultimately, though, speculating on a No-Kill is much better for Scum than it is for Town, which is why we should stop it here.

Didn't we decide this about 5 pages ago? Who brought this up again?
In post 477, Radical Rat wrote:Ask if you want reads elaborated on.

Can you elaborate on your read on Performer?
I want to know how you're putting him in the same catergory as Azorius, who you've been tunneling all day.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am

Post by shrike »

Not sure how relevant this is, but RR started townreading Jake very early.
He says that he has "good feelings about this slot" in when the only constructive posts Jake has made at this point are and
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:56 am

Post by shrike »

@ai_shuuu
Can you explain why you're voting Performer?
Is it because you don't like how he cahnged his views on RR or are there other reasons as well?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 490, Radical Rat wrote:
He's in the same category, not the same strength.
I put him there because my read on him has been suspicious from the start, and as he was starting to look good, he mentioned liking my posts deducing the set-up. Those posts were scummy, and no Townie should have liked them. I had my reasons for posting them pro-Town, but the fact is that post was actually meant to inform the Mafia, not the Town. As such, people liking those posts( TIMU and Performer ) look kinda scummy.

This reasoning confuses me a bit. You're accusing someone for liking posts you see as scummy. Wouldn't a member of the mafia be likely to pretend to dislike scummy posts in order to get a townie mislynched? Why did you make those posts in the first place if you think they help the mafia?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 489, goodmorning wrote:
tbh I am not sure. I'm kind of convincing myself I really want a TIMU lynch for ~reasons~

If I had a dollar for every vague post you made I'd be a rich man by now.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by shrike »

What happens if we reach the deadline without a vote? Is it a no-lynch?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:41 am

Post by shrike »

I think you're misrepresenting my vote on PC, Jake. I stated in day 1 that I didn't mind the self-vote. I maintain PC claiming to have a strong townread so early was unusual. However, that's not the only reason I voted him. PC voted for Azorius without much justification way to remove his self-vote. When I asked PC questions, he outright ignored them. I later asked him to answer them, and he only answered the non-important ones.
I don't see how not liking weasel words is a bad reason, as in my eyes it's incredibly scummy to not want to take responsibility for your actions (like azorius is doing again with ). I don't know why you object to me posting how I see Azor when other people were discussing him. You object to my fairly weak case which I acknowledged and was the reason why I retracted my vote on him. Also, I'm not sure how you think this argument is bad when you agree with Azorius' dislike of RR's stylisation, which is obviously ridiculous and playstyle dependant.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by shrike »

I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by shrike »

I might be biased because I voted for him, but I think analysis of the people not voting PC might be helpful as well. This isn't actually backed up by stats (I looked at the page vettrock linked me before but couldn't find them), but I think it's unlikely that the mafia would both be on the same vote, especially in a newbie game. If we are to believe this hypothesis we have one of the following three as mafia:

Azorius - not voting (claims he was willing to hammer PC)
-Afraid of mislynching a townie (, )

ai_shuuu - voting for Azorius
His reasons:
-Azor was initially defensive ()
-Azor wasn't showing much interest in finding scum (, )
-He (ai_shuuu) disliked Azor's reads ()

Performer - voting for me (shrike)
His reasons:
-I (shrike) had ambivalent feelings about PC ()
-He didn't like my as I did not address some topics () Editors note: When asked if there was anything specific he wanted me to address he did not respond

If I've misrepped any of your posts or missed anything feel free to tell me.
I think Azorius not voting is mildly scummy, but I can understand where he was coming from as a new player.
I think ai_shuuu's vote on Azorius wasn't bad, although he has been absent recently.
I think Performer's vote on me was really odd as he didn't really have much to justify it. It feels to me like it could be a way of attempting to appear involved in the day one vote without lynching a townie. However, I could be wrong here.
Thoughts?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 535, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 531, shrike wrote:I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.

This isn't a petty "fight" because I legitimately believe Rat is scum. Also, you say you don't want the vote on either of us? Could you explain your town reads on me and Radical please?

I don't want the vote on either of you because I don't think it achieves much. I'm not exactly strongly town reading either of you, but I think one of you flipping town will basically cause us to lose, especially if the other one is town. You both appear similar to me. You're both tunneling each other with a shit argument. The only real difference between you that I've seen is your offer to sheep GM, which isn't scummy enough in itself to vote for you. I don't like how willing people seem to vote you without justifcation.

Besides, I can barely lynch RR when he keeps making posts as theatrical as these:
In post 534, Radical Rat wrote:I agree on Performer.

But as a matter of ethics, I can't lynch someone who isn't here.

In post 537, Radical Rat wrote:TIMU, defend yourself. We should not be content in a mislynch. Fight back. Defy the Mafia. Rise above Mort's legacy and claim life from the jaws of death.

--

In post 538, ai_shuuu wrote:@shrike ISO me to see the entire case.
I'm ok with performer lynch, but are you? Now since the deadline are getting closer, we need to decide who to lynch.

And about azor, i change my read on him to lean town. Now i see the reasoning in his behaviour. I'll elaborate on this later.

Been back and forth login and logout but hardly post anything due to irl.

I did ISO you. Pretty sure the arguments I listed were the only ones you made. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm currently leaning towards a performer lynch, but I'd like to wait until he has a chance to post to see if he can convince me otherwise.
I feel the same way about Azor really, I saw him as scummy first day but I've changed my mind.

In post 545, Jake from State Farm wrote:Gives scum a list who people think are town (who to kill) and who they think are scummy (who to frame/mislynch)

I like this post. However I think you're underestimating the town. People shouldn't stop evaluating every post just because they have a suspiscion of someone, meaning in theory it should be hard for the mafia to frame people. You can also sometimes use a readlist to test the reaction of people you suspect, by putting them in a certain spot.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:34 am

Post by shrike »

In post 554, AzoriusSenate wrote:

So you are suggesting that if Rat flips town I would get insta-lynched?

I don't think you'd be insta-lynched, I just think it would be difficult to find the other mafia even if one of you is mafia. Whereas if we try and vote them today, we still have the option of voting between you and Rat tomorrow.
If I was mafia I would not be playing the game I'm playing right now. I would not be trying to draw this much attention to myself.

One can make the same argument for Rat though. That's my main problem with your votes on each other. You're basically scumreading each other for having the same defensive/reactionary playstyle.
Regardless, it's starting to look like the Rat lynch isn't happening. If deadline starts to come up and it doesn't look like anyone is going to get lynched, I will add a vote to one of Performer or Jake (probably Jake). No lynching here is SO bad for town.

Why do you think no lynching is bad for town here? (I mostly agree but want to hear your justification)
I feel you scumread on Jake is a bit baseless. Are you scumreading him because of Vettrock's actions or do you feel there is something Jake could/would have done better if he was town?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:39 am

Post by shrike »

Something I noticed: Azorius says Jake is a nullread for him, then two posts later says he has been leaning scum on his slot for most of the game.
In post 420, AzoriusSenate wrote:Updated reads list:

Town: Gm, shrike, Ai
Null: Performer, Timu, Jake
Scum: Rad Rat

In post 479, AzoriusSenate wrote:@goodmorning
I think it's coming up on a time where we need to decide on a lynch for today. I notice you have your vote on Jake. I 100% agree that Jake's slot has been leaning scum for me most of the game. I think I would lynch in Rat/Jake today.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #43) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 am

Post by shrike »

You don't think is Performer collecting sheep?
Those stats are interesting but they're not so helpful because they apply to more than just the day 1 lynch.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

Post by shrike »

In post 549, ai_shuuu wrote:@shrike
"I did ISO you. Pretty sure the arguments I listed were the only ones you made. Correct me if I'm wrong."

is it about azor?
I'm answering your question about performer...

Sorry, I misread your post. I'll read over your ISO again, but I'd appreciate it if you could briefly summarise your case against him
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #45) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by shrike »

Performer said he'd be here by the end of the day. I don't think we should lynch before then. A deadline extension might not be a terrible idea.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #46) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by shrike »

It's still saturday in the US right?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #47) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by shrike »

You can check how much time we have left at the bottom of the vote-count, ai_shuuu.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #48) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by shrike »

Thanks ai_shuuu. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was mostly looking for your case on Performer (I already understood why you saw Azorius as scummy). Nevertheless, it's helpful to have your case on him as well.

--

I'm going to sleep now. I'll hop on again in the morning. I still support the vote on Performer but don't want to see it go through until he posts. If possible I'd like to avoid a situation like day 1 where there were a lot of posts between my vote and the lynch. If nothing changes overnight I will revote Performer the next day.
UNVOTE: Performer
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:29 am

Post by shrike »

So performer hasn't addressed any of my issues with him, and we rapidly approaching a no-lynch. He says he wanted us to coordinate our votes earlier, but ot's hard for us to do that when he isn't even playing.
VOTE: Performer
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:37 am

Post by shrike »

I explained the reason I unvoted you in the post that I did it. I wanted to read your last posts and be up to date before placing my vote in the lynch. I also thought this would give you more motivation to respond to my problems with you, as you would know that I'd see your posts before voting. Day 1 I chose a bad time to not play and didn't post for a couple of posts before the lynch, and missed twilight completly. I wanted to avoid a similar situation.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:47 am

Post by shrike »

I'm not entirely sure what I think of Jake. I agree with post that a lot of the bad will against him has seemingly arisen from vettrock's lurking. From what I remember, I actually liked the posts vettrock made, until he started lurking. However, I don't feel Jake has been super helpful with his catchup, and he's fairly difficult to work with as a townie (this is probably just his playstyle).
I don't want to vote him over Performer, and I'd probably vote you or TIMU over him as well.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 am

Post by shrike »

I was responding to Performer's posts. I'm on my phone so it's a pain to collect quotes, but I thought it was fairly obvious who I was talking to.
50 minutes left to lynch, I don't think it's going to happen.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:16 am

Post by shrike »

In post 617, Performer wrote:As far as I see it, Radical's town because he's cooperating with us and he even shed light against shrike's accusation on me, that I wanted to vote gm on d2 - which was not what I said.
&

I'm not sure I agree with this evaluation of Rat. Correcting an accusation based on someone misreading something is not particularly townsided because an accusation like that is never going to go anywhere anyway.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 am

Post by shrike »

Azorius voting on Jake is pretty much accpeting the mislynch.
GM has been rather absent for this vote.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #55) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:30 am

Post by shrike »

*no-lynch
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by shrike »

GGWP
Both GL and UTL did very well as mafia replacements. I think TIMU could have tried a bit harder to defend themself but you definitely deserve the win.
Special shoutouts to RR for making the game more fun with magnificant posts like this one:
In post 847, Radical Rat wrote:
In the names of PhantomCobalt, Shrike, Performer, Good morning and Azorious Senate, I cast my vote.
VOTE: This is my Username

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”