Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 8, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did i join a 20+ game. Omg.
This.

I can't wait until I wake up to 20 pages to read :/

VOTE: SJ
OMGUS
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 34, Bell wrote:Was thinking if your alignment in this game motivated you to read that game.
It seems like you tried to grasp their characteristics.
So light SR on SJ?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Town looter »

Oh yeah, derp.

This game is hilarious, I have no fucking idea what to do, the number of people is overwhelming. Good to have some familiar faces though. Might be able to get a solid read for a change...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 41, SJReaver wrote: Given the size of this group, how do you feel about eliminating low-activity slots?

Do you agree with Norwegian that vigs should shoot early?
Unless there is good evidence of lurking, no. Mis-elimming an active slot will generally tell us more than a mis-elim on an inactive slot. This obviously only applies to early game, activity will be a useful source of information later in the game because of how easy it is to fly below the radar.

I've never played a setup with a vig, and haven't really thought about it. So not sure, probably defer to other's better judgement on this.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 45, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 43, Town looter wrote:Unless there is good evidence of lurking, no. Mis-elimming an active slot will generally tell us more than a mis-elim on an inactive slot. This obviously only applies to early game, activity will be a useful source of information later in the game because of how easy it is to fly below the radar.
Disagree low activity players are better for scum to have around.
Elimming a high activity slot just for info is not a good idea
That's really not what I said though, was it...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 60, Fwesnid wrote:
@Mod It should be 11 to lynch, I'm voting for Bell while Glitch is not, and superbowl is voting for Glitch.

In post 11, SJReaver wrote: This is my first game out of the newbie forum. Question: "The townvmafia numbers are confirmed to be 16v5," so this is definitely two factions? No worrying about more than one mafia or a serial killer?
Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

superbowl's two recent posts ping.
I might be chasing at shadows, but how do you know there is only one faction? The information that I can see specifies 5 mafia. Does that specifically exclude a group of 2 and a group of 3?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 58, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 35, Town looter wrote:
In post 34, Bell wrote:Was thinking if your alignment in this game motivated you to read that game.
It seems like you tried to grasp their characteristics.
So light SR on SJ?
This pings me. Enough for a serious vote.
Its like town looter is hoping for it to be a SR.

TownLooter
Fair enough. I wasn't, but as good a vote as any right now. I was mostly trying to get out of RVS because I am not really a fan of the phase.
In post 82, Pickaxe Pete wrote:Thinking Reaver is excited town. Or not a newb.
From my experience with her, I would suggest the former.
In post 86, Nero Cain wrote:yes. Mafia is mad watered down and town gets fed info.
Cool cool cool.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Town looter »

UNVOTE: SJ

Heading out, will make a semi-serious vote when I get home.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Town looter »

VOTE: Marshall

I'd rather vote Fwesnid, but both are in my low info scum pool.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Town looter »

For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Town looter »

I am mostly caught up, but skimmed a lot...
Spoiler: Fluff
In post 204, Nero Cain wrote:here's my conclusion. Anime avatars are horrible.
+1
In post 171, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 169, Lapsa wrote:I like jokes. Jokes are very funny.
you know what I like? lynching LQ on d1.
Oooh, yes, LQ schooled me good in the game I played with them.
In post 167, superbowl9 wrote: Ah yes, the scum distancing on pg 5 of a large game strat.
In post 170, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 147, stan1ey wrote:Ya this Marshall wagon sucks
use your words. It sucks b/c ?????
In post 165, stan1ey wrote:This argument between you two feels forced af
Is this scum playing both ends in the middle? He's basically accusing norway and super of scum theatre but was careful not to outright say that. Am I the only one that got this impression?
I agree with these trains of thought.
In post 239, NoPowerOverMe wrote:town looter is a good wagon.
Why do you say that?
In post 284, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Anyway let's stop talking about that. It will just waste time.
I'm reconsidering Stan based on NPOM's statement on them so i'll go back here for now. VOTE: Bell
In addition to aforementioned discussion on Norwegian's reactions, he also put a vote on someone who has gone VLA. That doesn't seem very productive in a large game.
VOTE: Norwegian
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 383, Glitch wrote:
In post 144, Town looter wrote:For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
Is this what you're talking about when you said you threw a tiny bit of shade at superbowl? How is this throwing a tiny bit of shade? This is the only time you've addressed SB in the game:
In post 47, Town looter wrote:
In post 45, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 43, Town looter wrote:Unless there is good evidence of lurking, no. Mis-elimming an active slot will generally tell us more than a mis-elim on an inactive slot. This obviously only applies to early game, activity will be a useful source of information later in the game because of how easy it is to fly below the radar.
Disagree low activity players are better for scum to have around.
Elimming a high activity slot just for info is not a good idea
That's really not what I said though, was it...
Can you please clarify: where did you throw a tiny bit of shade on SB, and where was MM's response to that which made you decide to vote for him? Who was the other person who took your "bait?" This seems like a really weak argument worthy of voting for because I don't see anything indicating that you actually threw shade at SB and especially don't see anywhere where MM gave a reaction to that. And yet somehow MM gave enough reaction to vote for him?
Yeah, I am not going to pretend it is in anyway a strong or high accuracy read. Basically my thought process was "Superbowl misrepped me slightly, i'll call him out on it and see what happens with other responses to the situation". Both MM and Fwesnid included negative responses to Superbowl after that. Fwesnid's was probably more direct (hence a slightly stronger read), but MM was the one who had a wagon so I jumped on that. It was a shit case, but pretty sure 99.9% of cases in the first 10 pages of a large are going to be.

FWIW updated reads: MM is pretty null leaning town - null because I am skimming and haven't thought too deeply about what they have been saying nor the arguments they have been making in other discussions (I am a slow ponderous thinker, mostly) but bit of a town feel from activity alone. Fwesnid I have actually flipped based on , and have a reasonably strong town read on them.

Hopefully that answers MM's question as well.

On the Nero/Norwegian/NPOM/et. al. front I am actually rather confused. I am reading pretty good points from both sides, but haven't made full sense of it yet.

UNVOTE: Norwegian while I have another read. I remember something pinging along the way from first read.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 425, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:This whole argument between Nero, NoPower and Norwee on pages 12-14 will be very interesting to look at when one of them flips, but for now, it's only giving me a headache lol
+1.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Town looter »

Bleh, just as I was starting to get a gut scum feeling about Superbowl (SB), MM throws a proper case together and is going to make it look like I am sheeping (for the 2nd or 3rd time in this game :neutral:).

My read started after re-reading the Stanley interaction. I think Scum!SB genuinely thinks it's a good case that he can latch onto and look like he is scumhunting. And it kind of is, except for the fact that there absolutely could be a SvT interaction that "feels" forced (I take Stanley's response as a throw-away gut feeling after reading - I have made similar statements): Scum could be doing the forcing, which gives the conversation a forced feel overall. Given I have a mild town read on Stan, I am willing to trust his gut in this.

Then there is the reluctance to respond openly, which could be scum motivated as the information may not exist.

And then the response to mis-quoting in ; later you say you were going to respond, but your initial response doesn't really add up. I think a more natural town response would be to respond to , probably in a slightly flustered way given you mis-posted.

All very minor things, but they all add up.

I also am getting town vibes from Nero (and NoPowerOverMe, which will matter in a second). Trusting these vibes puts a question mark over Glitch. And where are you in Glitch's reads? Right where a scum partner would be. I know it is absurd looking for associations prior to a single flip. But like I say, the little things are adding up.
Spoiler:
In post 398, Glitch wrote:The difference in a 4 vote wagon and a 5 vote wagon in this game is literally so miniscule that it makes no difference, especially when one of those votes is Lapsa. The MM wagon will continue to die down until MM comes back on and responds to the investigation kicked off by CSF and reminded by me in my post above. If his response is shitty then I'm all for building a serious wagon then. But let's not pretend that 3 votes + Lapsa is a remarkable wagon opportunity to pass up. It's not.

I love a good, strong wagon. The MM wagon is not one as it stands and my vote remains more useful on you.

So far today I'll be cool with serious wagons forming on Nero, MM depending on response, or Norway. I won't be voting Superbowl or NPOM as they are my highest TRs, CSF is almost up to that same peak tier.

Bell why does Nero feel townie to you?
Nero, why are you hesitant to accept the town block invitation?
Popopo, have you not shown up yet because of the vote tag rule? :lol:

VOTE: Superbowl
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Town looter »

Seriously dudes, STFU...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Town looter »

I mean that in the nicest possible way. But you guys are bickering like children, and given it's a large with lots of inactivity, we don't want to make it worse because people have to wade thru pages of your guys shit.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 458, SJReaver wrote:I read Nero and Bell as strong town.

I want to town read Glitch, but I'm lazy and for some reason when I read his posts, my eyes start to glaze over. I'll give him light town points and hope someone else points out if he's scummy.

72, Townlooter, Cat Scratch, and superbowl are all light town reads as well.

I expect more people to read 72 as scum the more he posts, but I went through a newbie game where he was miseliminated, and tends to be all over the place.
Random question, but do you feel like you have learned and improved since our last foray together? I feel like you have, so follow up question is what are your new, er, skills (for lack of a better term/phrase)?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 508, Bell wrote:
In post 506, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:*snip*
yeah you're going to have to bring concrete examples, I have read his ISO many times
I think you’re town.
*snip*
Yep, I agree, assuming she maintains similar meta between alts ;)
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 517, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Wondering why looter voted Norway then advocated nero to lay off him.
Because I didn't think the Nero/Norwegian discussion was in anyway helpful for the game.

You think Nero getting under Norwegian's skin (and vice versa) was going to lead to some AI responses?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 551, SJReaver wrote:
In post 507, Town looter wrote: Random question, but do you feel like you have learned and improved since our last foray together? I feel like you have, so follow up question is what are your new, er, skills (for lack of a better term/phrase)?
The game ended two days ago. Is there something you think I should have learned?

Dead chat didn't like me and thought I was scum. But I wasn't scum and I managed to survive to the end and get both the mafia members.

I guess 'you can suck and still win' is a lesson.
Eh, I am fairly sure you didn't suck in that game, given your reads were good and you won the game for town in GLo. If anyone fits the suck criteria it'd be myself and luncheon given the quality of our reads.
In post 553, SJReaver wrote:Also: sorry for the quickhammer, Townlooter. I forgive all the bad words you said when you read that and most of the bad things you thought.
No worries, and thanks.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 551, SJReaver wrote:
In post 507, Town looter wrote: Random question, but do you feel like you have learned and improved since our last foray together? I feel like you have, so follow up question is what are your new, er, skills (for lack of a better term/phrase)?
The game ended two days ago. Is there something you think I should have learned?

Dead chat didn't like me and thought I was scum. But I wasn't scum and I managed to survive to the end and get both the mafia members.

I guess 'you can suck and still win' is a lesson.
Oh and I meant learned/improved as a result of our game.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 559, Glitch wrote:
In post 436, Town looter wrote:Fwesnid I have actually flipped based on 384, and have a reasonably strong town read on them.
What is it about 384 makes you have a reasonably strong TR? 384 seems fluffy and null to me.
Mostly because he had no reason to go back and call himself out about being my second nibble. I also feel like his response to my shitty case, seems genuine.
In post 559, Glitch wrote:
In post 438, Town looter wrote:Bleh, just as I was starting to get a gut scum feeling about Superbowl (SB), MM throws a proper case together and is going to make it look like I am sheeping (for the 2nd or 3rd time in this game :neutral:).

My read started after re-reading the Stanley interaction. I think Scum!SB genuinely thinks it's a good case that he can latch onto and look like he is scumhunting. And it kind of is, except for the fact that there absolutely could be a SvT interaction that "feels" forced (I take Stanley's response as a throw-away gut feeling after reading - I have made similar statements): Scum could be doing the forcing, which gives the conversation a forced feel overall. Given I have a mild town read on Stan, I am willing to trust his gut in this.

Then there is the reluctance to respond openly, which could be scum motivated as the information may not exist.

And then the response to mis-quoting in ; later you say you were going to respond, but your initial response doesn't really add up. I think a more natural town response would be to respond to , probably in a slightly flustered way given you mis-posted.

I also am getting town vibes from Nero (and NoPowerOverMe, which will matter in a second). Trusting these vibes puts a question mark over Glitch. And where are you in Glitch's reads? Right where a scum partner would be. I know it is absurd looking for associations prior to a single flip. But like I say, the little things are adding up.
Spoiler:
In post 398, Glitch wrote:The difference in a 4 vote wagon and a 5 vote wagon in this game is literally so miniscule that it makes no difference, especially when one of those votes is Lapsa. The MM wagon will continue to die down until MM comes back on and responds to the investigation kicked off by CSF and reminded by me in my post above. If his response is shitty then I'm all for building a serious wagon then. But let's not pretend that 3 votes + Lapsa is a remarkable wagon opportunity to pass up. It's not.

I love a good, strong wagon. The MM wagon is not one as it stands and my vote remains more useful on you.

So far today I'll be cool with serious wagons forming on Nero, MM depending on response, or Norway. I won't be voting Superbowl or NPOM as they are my highest TRs, CSF is almost up to that same peak tier.

This feels like such a good, genuine effort but it's just really off. I get where you're coming from, and if you want to SR me for my own actions that's fine and we can totally talk about it, but your SR of me because of my TR on your top SR is a very weak association argument, and from your post, you know that. Your entire argument is a stretch and instead of making a self-admittedly weak case, I think it would be best to try and push elsewhere with stronger reasoning.

FTR when I play scum I bus the hell out of my scumbuddies. I wouldn't say if I were scum this game, but you can check out Mini 2149 where I played scum with popopo, mavsfan, and Dunnstral and I ripped into all of them consistently throughout the game. If I had more games to show you this I would but currently I don't have any other completed scum games of mine online to reference.
Yeah, any SR on you I have is wafer thin - It's more a product of my currently favoured Town!Nero scenario. I don't really get your argument against him - I see a fairly brash, antagonistic type trying to build pressure on people. Could be full of shit, but at this stage feels town to me. I also liked his logic more in the whole Stanley/Superbowl/Norwegian/Nero thing.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 557, ralph217 wrote:howdy
In post 558, ralph217 wrote:hmmmmm
Yeeeeaaaah... if we are going to eliminate an inactive slot i'm gonna go ahead as say it should be you.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Town looter »

and*
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Town looter »

Hah, awesome page top...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ahh, shitposting, I knew something was missing.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 623, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 619, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It’s acknowledging 2 worlds. 1 where i’m scum and town!Neros push was kinda awkward
he doesn't seem to hold this opinion He's accusing me of potentially bussing you
. So either he's scum that knows you'll flip scum and is pre emptively setting up an argument for later on or knows that this is TvT and is setting up a chain lynch.
Yeah I am not seeing it that way at all.

That being said, his SR on NorwegianEE
does
need to be explained.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 641, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 591, Nero Cain wrote:how many scum is in

LicketyQuickety
popopopopopopo
ralph217
Ganelon
NorwegianboyEE
Glitch
Lapsa

?
This is probs town
Why?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 645, Nero Cain wrote:ok why am i not, looter?
I am asking about how the post translates to a read, not why you are or aren't town. I've mentioned my read on you previously.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Town looter »

Recent Nero/Glitch/Norwegian dialog is making me think Nero might be trying to pull off some dominant scum strategy here. There's a complete lack of trying to see it from the other person's point of view, and bludgeoning on very bullishly. I was TRing, but not so sure now.

Glitch is null leaning town now because I can see where they are coming from and I don't actually think their position is unreasonable (in terms of holding SR on Nero and Norwegian, not his original SR of Nero). But Glitch/Nero is hard for me because I like Glitch's approach better, and therefore I am carrying bias.

Norwegian is feeling scummy though. My original read and vote on them was mostly around the Bell vote. Like others I see that as scum not wanting to park their vote, but not having anything strong to work with and therefore coming out with a rather awkward vote on a pretty null slot.

I still like my vote on Superbowl, but would move to NorwegianEE as well.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Town looter »

Er, didn't finish my Norwegian paragraph...

Norwegian is feeling scummy though. My original read and vote on them was mostly around the Bell vote. Like others I see that as scum not wanting to park their vote, but not having anything strong to work with and therefore coming out with a rather awkward vote on a pretty null slot. But I also think recent posts are fairly week. They seem to be riding Neros coat tails quite hard, while not actually putting forth much useful content - rather they keep reverting back to things like the vig shooting night one thing (I am not disagreeing with Norwegian here, more saying that they are leaning on a technical, and therefore easy, subject matter).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 731, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 648, Lapsa wrote:It has to be 2 vigilante setup. I see no other way around it.
Rolefishing much?

Fos lapsa
I read that as a shitpost, but I am comfortable with your outcome, if not reasoning.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 740, Bell wrote:^ “you’re being slow this game(probably referring to only commenting on this awhile after lapsa wrote his comment), but the game isn’t as fast. Why is it role fishing? I don’t like you”-Ralph.
Could also be "why is he fishing?"

Either way, Ralph can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Your posts are hard to read and don't provide a lot of detail or context. This isn't going to help us if you are town so I recommend you take a bit more care with your posts and try to explain yourself.

That is assuming you aren't a troll account, which to be fair I am like 80% sure you are.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 742, Fwesnid wrote:I can't tell if I'm scumreading Ralph or if I'm just annoyed that I need someone to translate his posts for me to understand them.
I feel like you are flying below the radar right now. Feel like throwing some content into the mix?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Town looter »

Urgh, you basterds are going to make me read glitches walls again aren’t you...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 767, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 763, Town looter wrote:Urgh, you basterds are going to make me read glitches walls again aren’t you...
you don't
have
to. What makes you feel like you need to reread him just b/c there's a wagon on him?
Because this game needs 11 to eliminate. That's a lotta people. So rather than rely on my fairly light read on Glitch, I want to see if I can see what you guys are seeing, and potentially contribute to the wagon/pressure. Or maybe confirm my read and argue against the wagon.

Alternative is sitting on my TR and be one of the multitude who are not doing a lot in the background (lurkers, VLA'rs, folks with stronger SRs elsewhere, etc.).

The difference, I think, between the former and the latter is the latter is more likely to result in a mis-elimination.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Town looter »

Blergh, I am still not seeing it (it being Scum!Glitch).

Only thing I picked up from a quick ISO (low effort for sure, I had a good dose of CBF) is that his case on Nero had a pretty shitty start and evolved into OMGUS. While at the same time, maintaining a pretty logical argument about maintaining contrasting SRs on Nero and Norwegian.

Still null for me.

Hiraki, keen to hear where you finally land on Glitch once you have fully caught up. BoP coming your way buddy.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 884, SJReaver wrote:
In post 819, Nero Cain wrote:
superbowl9 (5): stan1ey, 72offsuit, Marshmallow, Town looter, Fwesnid
One of these is not like the other. Town Looter, what are you doing on this wagon? Don't tell me it's because stanley, 72, or Mashmellow offered compelling arguments.
In post 438, Town looter wrote:Bleh, just as I was starting to get a gut scum feeling about Superbowl (SB), MM throws a proper case together and is going to make it look like I am sheeping (for the 2nd or 3rd time in this game :neutral:).

Spoiler:

signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 882, SJReaver wrote:
In post 865, ralph217 wrote:so i cant just say fwensid is scum since omgus . but other wise i wouldn't be here so i think he is expreee to lynch me . why scummy gibberish fwesnid?
I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
You've been absent, I hope it's not because you have rolled scum and don't know what to post?

Why are you scum reading me?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 932, SJReaver wrote:
In post 916, Town looter wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote:
In post 865, ralph217 wrote:so i cant just say fwensid is scum since omgus . but other wise i wouldn't be here so i think he is expreee to lynch me . why scummy gibberish fwesnid?
I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
You've been absent, I hope it's not because you have rolled scum and don't know what to post?

Why are you scum reading me?
I'm not.

Or, I wasn't until you quoted a random post, missed the part where I told the person I was voting for that I'd town read you, and decided I scum reading you. That does strike me as overly defensive.
Huh, I guess you weren't, interesting.

I quickly read the posts below as you SRing me by implication, but revisiting I can see how I got that wrong.

Spoiler:
In post 884, SJReaver wrote:
In post 819, Nero Cain wrote:
superbowl9 (5): stan1ey, 72offsuit, Marshmallow, Town looter, Fwesnid
One of these is not like the other. Town Looter, what are you doing on this wagon? Don't tell me it's because stanley, 72, or Mashmellow offered compelling arguments.
In post 899, SJReaver wrote:
In post 887, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:What’s wrong with the super wagon, SJ? I think the wagon composition is townish. Do you think Super Bowl is towny?
I do. And I think he's a solid townie as well. Not super but middle of the road when it comes to pushing the game. Which means I don't like that people are trying to eliminate him over weaker players.

What I'm asking myself is 'did scum start this wagon, or did scum see it rolling and hop on?'
In post 909, SJReaver wrote:VOTE: 72ofsuit

72, is Looter your scum buddy? I was town reading him earlier and I'd like your insight.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 974, SJReaver wrote:
In post 965, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote: I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
The wo
r
d dow
e
l was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deu
ve
l in Dutch, Dübel in Ge
r
man).

Wooden dowels have been used
i
n manufacturing and woodworking for many centurie
s
. One of the e
a
rliest documented uses of
w
ood
e
n dowel
s
was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were c
o
nstructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were
m
ore r
e
liable than iron for long expeditions.
Found it. Ten out of ten breadcrumbing.
Ok, you won me over SJ, this post is a delight.

I still kinda maybe think you are scum, but the post is delightful.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 897, Hiraki wrote:
In post 857, Town looter wrote:Hiraki, keen to hear where you finally land on Glitch once you have fully caught up. BoP coming your way buddy.
What is a BoP? I intend to vote him for reasons that have nothing to do with what is currently being said. Don't know if need to elaborate on them.
Burden of proficiency. Your approach has a degree of confidence/arrogance to it, so it's only fair you lead us poorly misinformed townies to victory with your perfectly on point reads.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Town looter »

Manatee's VC should read 10, Glitch is at L-1.

There are 9 names listed in the VCA and he missed Almost50's vote in
Spoiler:
In post 898, Hiraki wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Glitch
In post 1018, Titus wrote:Glitch v Superbowl, let's see what happens.

VOTE: Glitch
In post 1022, Almost50 wrote:I came in today with the intent to read. However, I manage d to talk myself out of it. I am willing to sheep someone provided I know them well. OBVIOUSLY the wagon on Glitch is the one with ALL the people I "know well".

That was easy.
In post 1025, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Looks like we're consolidating.

In post 1026, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:VOTE: Glitch
I want to know what he will do when pressured.

L-2
In post 1029, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1028, NoPowerOverMe wrote:are u gonna let him claim?
I also want a claim before any hammer were to happen.
Hammering before that is a scumclaim.
UNVOTE:
In post 1046, superbowl9 wrote:Just to put this back up because I want to see a claim and jumping off at L-2 to avoid a quickhammer (which should just show scum anyways)

L-2
In post 1052, SJReaver wrote:Honestly, my impulse control isn't too good today. I'm going to vote now so I don't give into temptation.

VOTE: glitch

That's L-1.

See, I am not quickhammering today. I am good.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Town looter »

The spoiler shows votes since last VC on page 34, where there were four votes: Nero, Norwey, Bell and CSF
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Town looter »

Anyone who votes Glitch right now is scum-claiming, there is intent from Laspa so we are awaiting a claim and set of reads.

Anyone who votes right now is scum-claiming.

Might sound dramatic, but I have seen a annoying large amount of quickhammers in recent games.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Town looter »

Holy annoying repeated sentences batman...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Town looter »

Jeez, E-1 really killed the flow...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

Spoiler:
In post 384, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 62, SJReaver wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

Actually answering my question. Thanks!

Why do the posts 'ping?' That's pretty ambiguous.
They seemed unnatural to me.

In post 85, Town looter wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote:
@Mod It should be 11 to lynch, I'm voting for Bell while Glitch is not, and superbowl is voting for Glitch.

In post 11, SJReaver wrote: This is my first game out of the newbie forum. Question: "The townvmafia numbers are confirmed to be 16v5," so this is definitely two factions? No worrying about more than one mafia or a serial killer?
Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

I might be chasing at shadows, but how do you know there is only one faction? The information that I can see specifies 5 mafia. Does that specifically exclude a group of 2 and a group of 3?
This is a weird question if you've read the op.
It states a 16v5 not a 16v3v2.

In post 144, Town looter wrote:For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
And it's inherently scummy to agree with you because...?
Maybe I'm missing something but that's how I interpret it.

In post 354, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm currently town on both Nero and Norway, since their play reminds me of their towngames. NPOM is prob town too, but shouldn't be listened to
My top townread is catscratch since this is voicing what I was thinking while reading though wasn't very confident on.
I'm also just liking their posting in general, specifically the questions she chooses to ask.

@Glitch I was the other person who took the 'bait' by saying
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: superbowl's two recent posts ping.

This post of Fwesnid's pinged as town for me, especially the last bit where he tells Glitch he (Fwesnid) is the other person I was SRing. I feel like scum would've probably ignored this.

That being said, they are definitely avoiding a lot of contribution. And their other game (where Fwesnid was scum), they were about the same in terms of activity (very quick skim). Hmmm...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Town looter »

Fuck it, my vote is not doing anything on SB .

VOTE: Fwesnid
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Town looter »

Sorry team, I have family in town atm, so activity is gonna be shit.

I'll try and watch to see what happens with Freiwndssednsnad wagon, otherwise, probably won't be reading until a catch up early next week.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 1516, SJReaver wrote:What I've learned about Virgo today:
He likes calling things he mildly disagrees with 'disgusting.'
He knows how to turn a paragraph worth of content into a page worth of posts.
Ahaha, you are really growing on me SJ.

I wonder how much of it is due to you being scum..?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Town looter »

Haven't caught up, still only skimmed at best from about page 60... I'll try to catch up before deadline.

UNVOTE: Fwesnid for now, although there is a scenario where his role comes with a red title.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Town looter »

@Glitch, what do you make of Fwesnid's claim?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ok did a solid 20 pages of reasonably indepth reading. Going to skip ahead to mid-80s, and reconvene. Remind me I need to read pages 70ish through 85 properly.
Spoiler: 50-60
In post 1284, superbowl9 wrote:Do you still scumread me town looter
Apologies, I missed this. Kinda, but it's super stale, and I need to revisit.
In post 1316, Nero Cain wrote:Glitch is still scum but he's not going to be lynched anytime soon thanks to his fake claim.

Don't like the Fwesnid wagon.

I especially don't like town looters vote on him in . In the post about he fence sits on him so it seemed a bit wierd he was voting him.
Yeah, it was a shit vote - a result of feeling left behind in the game, but still wanting to progress it.

But I actually think Fwesnid's claim is a scum PR claim.
In post 1321, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also of note, Glitch could have crumbed or hinted at the fact that his role wouldn’t activate until D4 to point out if precisely something like this were to happen, but they didn’t and that’s why i believe they are either faking PR or it’s a scum role.
Neither claim is faultless, but a day/night specific role for scum would be weird right? (I genuinely don't know the answer, still pretty limited experience, especially with closed setups).
In post 1330, stan1ey wrote:he is the most scummy person in this game by far
While I agree with the rest of your post, the OMGUS is strong here.

I feel like this sequence between Nero and Stan is reaching (but not unreasonable reaching) from a Town!Nero and OMGUS from Town!Stanley. Although I feel that way about most of Nero's interactions...

Page 56 & 57: Getting town vibes from A50 through this phase. Something about their argument on Norwegian. I have been on and off SRing Norwegian since the start of the game, and what A50 is saying rings true for me. Apart from the bottom of the page lol... just got to that bit.
In post 1430, Bell wrote:It looks opportunistic.
Take it from someone with a scum game you respect
.(I am not a good scum player).
What does this mean? I am genuinely confused.

Skipping ahead... a few pages
In post 1492, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I REALLY like Hikari's and scumread of CSF/Alisae slot. I don't think scum is going to look at that replacement and build a case out of it, it's got to be a townie effort 100% of the time.
I don't understand Hikari's argument. Can someone ELIA5?

Spoiler: 61+
JV's posts from strike me as very low effort, active lurking. Mild SR there.
In post 1524, SJReaver wrote:Looter, I see your vote is on Fwesnid right now.

Do you scum read them?
Only really for a activity reasons (they are displaying similar levels of activity to their previous game which was scum) as I said earlier.

I am also getting a good vibe from MM. Like the opposite of JV. Seems to be actually wanting to solve the game rather than throwing out meaningless shite (pages 62/63). In other news, still on different wavelength to Nero and NBoyEE.
In post 1561, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1531, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The thing i don’t get is, if we all think his claim was fake.
I don't. I never scumread glitch. Pretty sure many here feel similar, don't speak for everyone on this.
Town pings from this sequence. I guess my stale SR is officially dead.
In post 1574, stan1ey wrote:
In post 1566, superbowl9 wrote:GLITCH IS NOT HAPPENING HE CLAIMED PR

NERO/NORWAY ARE NOT HAPPENING THEY HAVE TOO MUCH CLOUT

Can we stop wasting time voting useless people and consolidate before the deadline hits? Either join fwesnid or join a wagon going somewhere
I'll concede nero prolly isnt happened so even tho he is my biggest scumread here I'll invite

but what has NBEE done to achieve clout this game? all he has done really is simp for nero and double down on glitch after a claim. Also last game I played with NBEE he was obviously town from the get go, here his attitude is entirely different. Ik he already said that that game he made more of an effort to appear town but eh I dont really see why he wouldnt here even if isnt the same role

VOTE: NBEE
At risk of buying a shit tonne of OMGUS from Nero and NBoyEE, but I am agreeing a lot with this post.
In post 1583, stan1ey wrote:Btw kinda irrelevant but last day or 2 my read on superbowl has done an 180 from scum to hard towny
Sonofabitch... I am not trying to pocket, honest :roll:
In post 1611, Hiraki wrote:norwee clearly flips town here but he's being wrong about what the correct attitude to take here is
Why is Norwegian so town to you? Like, sure, you don't have to scum read them, but why town? This post could at best is anti-town, and at worst incredibly manipulative. That being said, I clearly don't see the world the same as you do.

Page 65 and Pete is starting to get into the game, and being pretty pro-town. Tonw-pass for now, but there is a hint of extreme control over what they say which sets off a faint alarm. But tbf, I am a few beers deep now...

Confbias is taking over on 66 and reading SB as pretty solid town now.

Getting tired and CBF reading walls, so Alisae slot is null (not read) for now.

I got up to page 71, but starting skipping and skimming in a big way, which is a sign to give up - the reads will only get shitter...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2151 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

My shitty list of reads...

Town:
  • Nero
  • Pickaxe Pete
  • Stanley
  • Superbowl
  • A50
  • Bell
  • MM
Null:
  • CSF slot
  • 72offsuit
  • NPOM
  • SJReaver
  • Ralph
  • IKS
  • Laspa
  • Titus
Glitch and Fwesnid are annoying. I am fairly sure there is a fake/scum PR claim in one of these, but not sure which.

Scum pool:
  • JV
  • NBoyEE
  • Hiraki
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2152 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Town looter »

Two of my TRs and one ??? on Norwegian. Sounds promising.

VOTE: NorwegianBoyEE
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2157 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by Town looter »

I find it difficult to believe scum would be given a night 3 or day 4 ability, but that's an opinion from an uninformed person (I think this is like my second closed setup ever played - most of my games have been newbies)

There are definitely two different styles or approaches or whatever you want to call it in this game.

There's the Stanley/Glitch/TL approach, and the Nero/Hiraki/NBoyEE approach. I wouldn't say one is more or less scummy in the context of this game, they are just different. That said, I know I have a bias here and am probably over TRing the former, and over SRing the latter.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2159 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2155, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2151, Town looter wrote:Glitch and Fwesnid are annoying. I am fairly sure there is a fake/scum PR claim in one of these, but not sure which.
doesn't this contradict your post stating that you think fwe's claim is a pr scum claim?
I guess, but when I wrote this I hadn't read Glitch's most recent batch of posts. Something about his reaction to Fwisned's claim gave me doubts. Enough to kinda throw them in together rather than favouring one as more likely to be true.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2158, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Fwesnid is a self-solving slot now, so there is zero need to bother thinking about it (unless I misunderstood what a loud gunsmith is).
They could be a scum aligned loud gunsmith though right?
In post 2158, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Can you tell me why you think Hiraki is scum, btw? I don't get it.
I feel like they are trying to drive town in a direction, while being cryptic with their explanations. Both rubs me the wrong way, and feels scummy.

pedit: no. but plenty of others have low confidence in it, so I was kinda following their lead.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2162 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Town looter »

I gotta go to bed sorry team. Should be active tomorrow - family have left.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (isolation #60) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2163, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, maybe its just me saying that you believe the FWE's claim is dake and then going "oh I actully can't tell wich one is fake" just seems like covering your tracks if fwe flips town and glitch flips scum.
Nah, that's a fair conclusion to reach. It's not accurate, but it's a perfectly rational scenario.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Town looter »

FUCK, BED. DONT YOU PEDIT ME NERO
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2256 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2172, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 2161, Town looter wrote:
In post 2158, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Fwesnid is a self-solving slot now, so there is zero need to bother thinking about it (unless I misunderstood what a loud gunsmith is).
They could be a scum aligned loud gunsmith though right?
In post 2158, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Can you tell me why you think Hiraki is scum, btw? I don't get it.
I feel like they are trying to drive town in a direction, while being cryptic with their explanations. Both rubs me the wrong way, and feels scummy.

pedit: no. but plenty of others have low confidence in it, so I was kinda following their lead.
Uhh, yes, that's true, apparently Loud is a "normal" modifier for any alignment. That means he has to get townier than that once he proves he actually is a loud gunsmith lol.

Ah ok... Sheep :igmeou: the Hiraki scumread is a mystery to me for everyone, and I don't like to see that some people are actually sheeping that. If anyone scumreading Hiraki could explain their point a bit, it'd be appreciated.
Clarification: My pedit was in response to Nero about Glitches claim. I am not sheeping anyone regarding Hiraki.

My SR on Hiraki is mostly based on plus their general unhelpful approach - a Scum!Hiraki scenario I am following right now is them are using their meta and experience to enhance Town's confirmation bias (e.g. "NBoyEE is definitely town!").
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2199, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2157, Town looter wrote:I find it difficult to believe scum would be given a night 3 or day 4 ability, but that's an opinion from an uninformed person (I think this is like my second closed setup ever played - most of my games have been newbies)

There are definitely two different styles or approaches or whatever you want to call it in this game.

There's the Stanley/Glitch/TL approach, and the Nero/Hiraki/NBoyEE approach. I wouldn't say one is more or less scummy in the context of this game, they are just different. That said, I know I have a bias here and am probably over TRing the former, and over SRing the latter.
1 of these things is not like the other why is hiraki in there?
Just a style thing, rather than a grouping of opinions. I guess I would call it slow and considered (and maybe inexperienced, but don't know about stan) vs. short and sharp (and experienced). Hiraki fits into the latter category.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Town looter »

I'll freely admit I am struggling to get any SRs with any kind of confidence. JV, NBoyEE and Hiraki are all low confidence reads.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2261 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2259, Hiraki wrote:
In post 2256, Town looter wrote:a Scum!Hiraki scenario I am following right now is them are using their meta and experience to enhance Town's confirmation bias (e.g. "NBoyEE is definitely town!").
so i am scum because i say things, you don't ask why, and you just assume i'm calling it out of nowhere? do you think i think meta is a useful tool? read my posts again, thanks
Ok. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
In post 2143, Town looter wrote:
In post 1611, Hiraki wrote:norwee clearly flips town here but he's being wrong about what the correct attitude to take here is
Why is Norwegian so town to you? Like, sure, you don't have to scum read them, but why town? This post could at best is anti-town, and at worst incredibly manipulative. That being said, I clearly don't see the world the same as you do.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2475 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ok mostly caught up but there are a few sections I still haven't read properly (like 70-82ish I think).

Where my head is at after not paying any attention to Mafia for a while (this is my only game, so nothing doing during freeze) is I am fairly certain there are 1 or 2 experienced scum playing a "wreck havoc" strategy by lots of misinterpretation and OMGUS and keeping it confusing. Basically I am suggesting the opposite of Titus's theory is happening. Scum aren't waiting it out - they are creating havoc through activity and making D1 almost impossible.
In post 2382, Titus wrote:Namely, my theory is that town are going to town on each other and scum are waiting it out.
The problem here, though, is this strategy is being beautifully (from scum's POV) confounded with genuine misinterpretations and confusion.

This does support my Scum!Norwegian scenario, so I still think my vote there is ok, but it's not doing anything as I don't think anyone wants to eliminate them. It also moves my read of people like Nero, and more recently 72/Titus towards, er, the scum end of the spectrum.

As such I would be comfortable flipping anyone in [Norwegian, JV, Hiraki (previous reads), Titus, 72].
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2470, Fwesnid wrote:"I voted him but he's not scummy" really sells a wagon.

VOTE: titus
I still scumread them.
Something about this really bugs me, but I think I have a SR bias on you Fwesnid for some reason.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2477 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Town looter »

Um.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: 72offsuit but probably willing to move to Titus (although I am pretty uncertain on that slot to be honest...)
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (isolation #69) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Town looter »

Just read pages 70-83, and I would add A50 to the list of people who could be actively confusing the thread (although I do get a fairly strong gut TR on them).

JV looked decently towny during this phase as well. Probably move them out of my flip pool for now.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2782 (isolation #70) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Town looter »

Hmmm, if I were to take a guess, I would say Titus is town, Fwesnid is scum, and Glitch is ???

Fwesnid not releasing results screams of "I need time to talk to my scum team about strategy".

signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2785 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2783, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Plz no.
Fwesnid is not the wagon we need nor deserve RN.
I'd argue Glitch is worse. But ok. If not Fwesnid or Glitch, then who?

Your case on Stan is wafer thin from my POV because the things you call out as scummy are thing I would say in his position, and I know I am town.

My first question is actually rhetorical, because, regardless of you alignment, I don't think you and I will agree on who we think is scum. I'll happily write that up to me being bad, and you being awesome to avoid an argument (because I think we have already been distracted by too many confusion causing arguments).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2787 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Town looter »

Actually... my second para above isn't quite true. I am surprised Stan didn't mention the obvious WIFOM element at play... hmmm.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2806 (isolation #73) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2790, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2785, Town looter wrote:I'd argue Glitch is worse. But ok. If not Fwesnid or Glitch, then who?
Titus??? Your last few posts have been if not straight scummy definitely crazy
Yeah, I am well out of my depth on this one. Reason I flip-flopped on Titus was I thought the babysitter claim seemed more reasonable given IKS confirming, and the sequence on the bottom of page 111 seemed towny (especially since I seem to have a strong bias in my Fwesnid read).

But something is definitely not adding up. So far we have:
  • A watcher (now dead, confirmed town)
  • A beefed up roleblocker (now dead, confirmed town)
  • A 3-shot gunsmith
  • A babysitter
  • A delayed, but supposedly powerful, mystery PR
  • A vigilante or other secondary kill mechanism

This seems like a lot, would I be right in saying it's almost certain that there is scum in [Glitch, Fwesnid, Titus]?

pedit: I think SB answered my question
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2874 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by Town looter »

What don't you like? Lets chat
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2888 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2881, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2874, Town looter wrote:What don't you like? Lets chat
The fact that you voted Fewsnid with the reasoning that he hadn’t released his result yet.
I don’t see why he’d immediately post his result, he might even be checking if his target is PR or scum yet.
Posting, but not saying he had a positive, is pretty anti-town. The information only helps us. Even if he decides to wait until the person receiving decides to proactively speak up (which they haven't, who hasn't posted yet?), he still should've more openly stated a result.

A more likely scenario is he has not known exactly how to proceed and is checking in with his scum buddies.

That being said, I am coming around to Scum!Glitch as well. I gave them the benefit of the doubt to begin with, but an active lurking/buying time inexperienced scum strategy is starting to feel more likely.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2894 (isolation #76) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2889, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2888, Town looter wrote:
In post 2881, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2874, Town looter wrote:What don't you like? Lets chat
The fact that you voted Fewsnid with the reasoning that he hadn’t released his result yet.
I don’t see why he’d immediately post his result, he might even be checking if his target is PR or scum yet.
Posting, but not saying he had a positive, is pretty anti-town. The information only helps us. Even if he decides to wait until the person receiving decides to proactively speak up (which they haven't, who hasn't posted yet?), he still should've more openly stated a result.

A more likely scenario is he has not known exactly how to proceed and is checking in with his scum buddies.

That being said, I am coming around to Scum!Glitch as well. I gave them the benefit of the doubt to begin with, but an active lurking/buying time inexperienced scum strategy is starting to feel more likely.
OK. He checked me. I have a gun. Now shut up about this and move on.

P.S. I did have you in my Town pool, but pursuing this issue is very very scummy of you. Sounds like you want to know who the "more important" PRs are.
Fuck I thought you were trolling. Urgh.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2903 (isolation #77) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 2902, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2901, JacksonVirgo wrote:I'd like A50 to claim, solely because of the gunsmith check.
And in extension I'm going to pressure it
VOTE: A50
Read his iso, you don't need a claim.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2908 (isolation #78) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Town looter »

signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3078 (isolation #79) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3076, Fwesnid wrote:I feel Lord Ralph / His Replacement should get the honor of hammering or at least speaking this phase before someone else hammers.

I-C-C-M-M
Since I am loud and I did get a result.

Also vengeful would be really weird to tact onto a vigilante from a design perspective, as it'd only be useful in a tiny % of games.
I don't understand the I-C-C-M-M bit... but maybe I am over-complicating things... are you just saying you counter claim MM?

Do we want to get final reads from MM? Helpful regardless of alignment right?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3218 (isolation #80) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Town looter »

UNVOTE: Fwesnid
Um... gin's have been strong tonight, but yeah, I have no idea.

My only thought is SB if you are scum, you are gooooooood, and we're fucked. But you're not, hopefully.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3288 (isolation #81) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3259, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Hmm, it's true that townies are likely to be on my wagon too, but I'm saying that scum, who know both me and Fwesnid are town PRs, would love to see both of us die while keeping their hands clean, hence why I think they're even more likely to get on my wagon.

As for analyzing how people got off the wagon and how they acted, I already did that with Bell and Jackson, and found that both of them were towny here. I also still don't like how Titus has hopped on my wagon, talked about what was Normal and what wasn't, and then got off the wagon. That's scummy IIoA + what I would expect from scum who see that the wagon is losing its traction.
In post 3260, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
I don't these lines of reasoning stack up. I nearly hammered MM yesterday - from a town POV it was fairly clear cut what to do, it looked very much like we had caught scum and I was eager for some hammer action. However, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a mod error. So glad I delayed myself waiting for reads from MM...

Scum on the other hand would have known something funny was up. They would know MM and Fwesnid's alignments, and even in a Scum!Fwesnid scenario would know something was amiss (as they would have full knowledge of his role, including modifiers).

This makes me think Glitch, and other hard pushers during the situation, are likely to be town - a push only makes sense from a position of ignorance. The informed would be very wary of doing anything, because they would know there had been an error, and that it was likely to be fixed at some point. The only real scum opportunity here would be to quick hammer when MM was at L-1, but they would only do this if Fwesnid was town (and they had been around to do so).

I am going to go back at some point and see who did what, but right now I am thinking Glitch town, and Stanley scum as a consequential read (i.e. pushing Glitch). I am going back and forth on Fwesnid, do you guys think scum would've quick hammered at L-1 in a town!Fwesnid scenario? MM not definitely wanting to shoot Fwesnid at the time confuses this, and makes me think they might not, even in a town!Fwesnid scenario.

Obviously some elements of WIFOM, but I am not inclined to not think too much into it as the source of uncertainty if outside of players control in this situation, so I think gaming less likely.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3289 (isolation #82) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Town looter »

*First line correction, should read: I don't think these lines of reasoning stack up
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3340 (isolation #83) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3329, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3288, Town looter wrote:
In post 3259, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Hmm, it's true that townies are likely to be on my wagon too, but I'm saying that scum, who know both me and Fwesnid are town PRs, would love to see both of us die while keeping their hands clean, hence why I think they're even more likely to get on my wagon.

As for analyzing how people got off the wagon and how they acted, I already did that with Bell and Jackson, and found that both of them were towny here. I also still don't like how Titus has hopped on my wagon, talked about what was Normal and what wasn't, and then got off the wagon. That's scummy IIoA + what I would expect from scum who see that the wagon is losing its traction.
In post 3260, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
I don't these lines of reasoning stack up. I nearly hammered MM yesterday - from a town POV it was fairly clear cut what to do, it looked very much like we had caught scum and I was eager for some hammer action. However, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a mod error. So glad I delayed myself waiting for reads from MM...

Scum on the other hand would have known something funny was up. They would know MM and Fwesnid's alignments, and even in a Scum!Fwesnid scenario would know something was amiss (as they would have full knowledge of his role, including modifiers).

This makes me think Glitch, and other hard pushers during the situation, are likely to be town - a push only makes sense from a position of ignorance. The informed would be very wary of doing anything, because they would know there had been an error, and that it was likely to be fixed at some point. The only real scum opportunity here would be to quick hammer when MM was at L-1, but they would only do this if Fwesnid was town (and they had been around to do so).

I am going to go back at some point and see who did what, but right now I am thinking Glitch town, and Stanley scum as a consequential read (i.e. pushing Glitch). I am going back and forth on Fwesnid, do you guys think scum would've quick hammered at L-1 in a town!Fwesnid scenario? MM not definitely wanting to shoot Fwesnid at the time confuses this, and makes me think they might not, even in a town!Fwesnid scenario.

Obviously some elements of WIFOM, but I am not inclined to not think too much into it as the source of uncertainty if outside of players control in this situation, so I think gaming less likely.

I think it's the other way around: scum would want the lynch to happen as soon as possible BEFORE town figures out that there was something wrong.
Which was why I mentioned the quick hammer thing. There was a sort of semi-hammer test, because anyone who quick hammered could have absolutely talked their way out of being confirmed scum due to the circumstances (shit, I nearly hammered at the time I asked for final reads from you).

There are reasons why scum wouldn't hammer in this situation though( so it's not a perfect test, but it is useful):
  • None were around that weren't already on the wagon
  • Fwesnid is scum and there was a high chance of you shooting Fwesnid
  • They were worried since you didn't sound too convinced about shooting Fwesnid, that they make take a bullet from a quick hammer (as had happened with Pete)
Fwesnid could still be either alignment, even once their role is confirmed. I can't see a world where we need to lynch you.

One theory I am toying with though is Scum!Bell. Scum would have absolutely known something had gone wrong with the night actions, so I think Bell pushing super hard at the mod and saving the day so to speak is an attempt at getting effectively confirmed as town - he's already set to go deep with broad TRs, so it makes sense the scum team try to get him confirmed as town.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3341 (isolation #84) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3324, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3257, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3252, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3250, superbowl9 wrote:I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
i told you im not planning to effort at this stage of the game for a variety of reasons
Stuff like this :) I say 1 passive sentence about how I scumread you and you appear from the ether to throw an excuse at me. Didn't help your case with this one
VOTE: DoLittle
You are probably my strongest town read right now so I am going to follow your lead.

VOTE: DrDoLittle

L-2 I think
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3342 (isolation #85) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Town looter »

Yep, L-2
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3347 (isolation #86) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3344, Glitch wrote:Hold up how does MM NKing someone help us figure out if MM is vig or scum??
If there are 2 kills instead of one.
But there are also potentially mafia roleblockers that can mess it up.
The brilliant thing though is that unless mafia has a doctir then the real vig will just shoot a fake claiming scum!MM.
It's possible scum have a doctor since we have a lot of PRs, including a vig and maybe a gunsmith (Fwesnid). Gunsmith false negatives would help offset the PRs from a balance point of view.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3555 (isolation #87) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3491, Glitch wrote:Vote 1 - Ralph
Vote 2 - shelly
Vote 3 - superbowl
Vote 4 - Norway
Vote 5 - MM
Vote 6 - Flake
Vote 7 - NPOM
Vote 8 - Looter
Vote 9a - JV (unvotes)
Vote 9b - Stanley
Vote 10 - JV (hammer 33 minutes after claim before anyone on the wagon replies to the claim)

Spoiler: Quotes
In post 3211, ralph217 wrote:VOTE: drdo my bad haha . sorey for that
In post 3290, shellyc wrote:
In post 3270, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3254, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:What are your reads?
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
wtf you have NO READS?
VOTE: DrDolittle

DrDolittle's ISO looks terrible, really terrible. I need to see more from you and this is a pressure vote
In post 3250, superbowl9 wrote:I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
i told you im not planning to effort at this stage of the game for a variety of reasons
Stuff like this :) I say 1 passive sentence about how I scumread you and you appear from the ether to throw an excuse at me. Didn't help your case with this one
In post 3327, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: DDL
How about you participate now.
In post 3330, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
wtf you have NO READS?

DrDolittle's ISO looks terrible, really terrible. I need to see more from you and this is a pressure vote
I guess he's living up to his name, right? But more seriously, I support this and actually VOTE: DrDoLittle moar pressure = moar good. Still would like to see more from Glitch, but.... I guess that's not trending atm? Expecting to see it at the very least on D3, though.
In post 3333, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: ddl
In post 3341, Town looter wrote:
You are probably my strongest town read right now so I am going to follow your lead.

L-2 I think
In post 3356, JacksonVirgo wrote:DoLittle could very likely be scum here, might as well pressure for a claim.

VOTE: Dolittle
This is now E-1
In post 3370, JacksonVirgo wrote:Another vague PR claim
UNVOTE:
In post 3372, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3369, DrDolittle wrote:Ok I cooled off. Its pretty clear that I'm a *very* good PR, and I really don't want to out, unless someone specifically requests it. My clown apathy play is not to draw a NK, and I figure I can avoid ML since this game is a large. I'll give my by and large thoughts tomorrow since it's 3am here
VOTE: DDL
we cant just keep having people soft claim mystery roles and then move on we are just gonna keep going round in circles until we lynch a vt or someone quickhammers. I guess youre prolly sleeping but you gotta claim when youre back
In post 3375, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Intent to hammer

You should probably full-claim.
In post 3407, JacksonVirgo wrote:Sorry if wrong but I don't believe a word of any of that.

More votes on JV please.[/quote]
@MOD: Can you please count again? This looks like there were 10 active votes at one point
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3562 (isolation #88) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

Fixed version
In post 3555, Town looter wrote:
In post 3491, Glitch wrote:Vote 1 - Ralph
Vote 2 - shelly
Vote 3 - superbowl
Vote 4 - Norway
Vote 5 - MM
Vote 6 - Flake
Vote 7 - NPOM
Vote 8 - Looter
Vote 9a - JV (unvotes)
Vote 9b - Stanley
Vote 10 - JV (hammer 33 minutes after claim before anyone on the wagon replies to the claim)

Spoiler: Quotes
In post 3211, ralph217 wrote:VOTE: drdo my bad haha . sorey for that
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
wtf you have NO READS?

In post 3327, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: DDL
How about you participate now.
In post 3330, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
wtf you have NO READS?

I guess he's living up to his name, right? But more seriously, I support this and actually VOTE: DrDoLittle moar pressure = moar good. Still would like to see more from Glitch, but.... I guess that's not trending atm? Expecting to see it at the very least on D3, though.
In post 3341, Town looter wrote:

L-2 I think
In post 3356, JacksonVirgo wrote:DoLittle could very likely be scum here, might as well pressure for a claim.

VOTE: Dolittle
This is now E-1
In post 3370, JacksonVirgo wrote:Another vague PR claim
UNVOTE:
In post 3372, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3369, DrDolittle wrote:Ok I cooled off. Its pretty clear that I'm a *very* good PR, and I really don't want to out, unless someone specifically requests it. My clown apathy play is not to draw a NK, and I figure I can avoid ML since this game is a large. I'll give my by and large thoughts tomorrow since it's 3am here
VOTE: DDL
we cant just keep having people soft claim mystery roles and then move on we are just gonna keep going round in circles until we lynch a vt or someone quickhammers. I guess youre prolly sleeping but you gotta claim when youre back
In post 3375, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Intent to hammer

You should probably full-claim.
In post 3407, JacksonVirgo wrote:Sorry if wrong but I don't believe a word of any of that.

More votes on JV please.
@MOD: Can you please count again? This looks like there were 10 active votes at one point
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3566 (isolation #89) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3560, shellyc wrote:wtf just happened
didn't DDL get hammered
imo stanley is about 4th or 5th priority in my lynchpool
jackson's hammer lost town points though

how in the world do we have a gunsmith cop and watcher
Jackson has CC'd, so we're eliminating one of those two today.

Although I think we have already eliminated DrDolittle, as I believe they had 10 votes. Jackson hammered.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3570 (isolation #90) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3564, DrDolittle wrote:town looter what's your purpose do you want my flip?
No, I am a stickler for accuracy and a game that follows the rules. If you got hammered, you should flip. I would say this as any alignment.

Game integrity is important for me.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3594 (isolation #91) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3592, Ydrasse wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3351, ManateeDude wrote:
VC2.05

With 18 alive it takes 10 to eliminate

DrDolittle (6):
ralph217, shellyc, superbowl9, NorwegianBoyEE, I Keep Siteflaking, NoPowerOverMe
Glitch (4):
DrDolittle, JacksonVirgo, Marshmallow Marshall, Titus
stan1ey (2):
Ydrasse, Fwesnid
NoPowerOverMe (2):
Almost50, Glitch, Hiraki
Ydrasse (1):
Bell

Not Voting (2):
stan1ey, Town looter

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-09-10 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

@mod:
this vc is missing marshmallow's vote () and town looter's () votes on dr. dolittle

ralph - (1)
shelly - (2)
superbowl - (3)
norwegian - (4)
mm - (5)
iks - (6)
npom - (7)
tl - (8)
jackson - (9)
jackson - (8)
stanley - (9)
jackson - (10)

this SHOULD be correct, i went through all the posts regarding dr. dolittle and this should contain everything. i didn't include the votes off-wagon but i'm pretty sure he's hammered. :>

p-edit: oh! i hope you feel better!
Yes, I got the same outcome. JV hammered DrD
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3605 (isolation #92) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3577, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3570, Town looter wrote:No, I am a stickler for accuracy and a game that follows the rules. If you got hammered, you should flip. I would say this as any alignment.

Game integrity is important for me.
you can have a conversation with the list mod then. This is game irrelevant content and it looks like you want to use a technicality to elim me, which of course I'm going to scum read you for it
This is a weird response.

How is it a technicality that you had 10 votes and should be eliminated according to how mafia games work?

If you are town, it's a shame you got hammered, but that doesn't mean I should argue for you to be left alive.
That
would be a real technicality: oh the VC said no hammer, so no hammer... unless I am mistaken, VCs are for information purposes (and are prone to errors), but a vote is a vote and overrides the VC if the VC is shown to be incorrect right?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3882 (isolation #93) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 1224, Glitch wrote:I'm not at L-1 right? I'll soft claim now and hard claim if I'm put back at L-1. Y'all need me to stay alive until like Day 4. Please don't make me hard claim.

I'll just be honest, I let myself get really emotional and worked up with the Nero interaction. I got really frustrated because I've been making genuine, real arguments and they get consistently shot down and discredited as scummy when they are actually genuine. I know it's part of the game but I got really exhausted with Nero and felt so ready to be done. I genuinely believe Nero is scum because of the arguments I've presented so far, but I also understand that I may be SR'ing him so hard cause I'm just pissed that he is tunneling me so hard.

I stand by everything I said about Nero. I understand I could be playing like a noob but it's all been genuine and if I get eliminated for it, when I flip town please let me know how I can play better and not get voted off D1 cause it tends to happen a lot to me.

Regardless, I'm a town PR that won't be super useful until later in the game. I've been having a really hard time sorting people and making heads and tails of anyone in this game. Idk if it's because it's my first large, Idk if it's because I'm frustrated and too focused in one spot, or something else. Right now my SRs are still Nero, Norway, MM, and I SL Hiraki and Lapsa and would love a push on both of them. I went kind of null on MM at one point but I'm back to a SR there and would be okay with a vote there. I've also gotten some off vibes from SB which is weird because SB was a super strong TR of mine early on. Not sure where I stand on him right now. I'm TR'ing stanley because of his more recent content -- not because he's defending me. See quotes on MM and stan below.
In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:You are using the "Norwee was pushed hard enough for scummates to want to save him" argument against Glitch and are pushing his lynch for it
I am 100% in favor of eliminating Nero but this is not an argument he ever made. This isn't even a misrep, this is a straight up lie, and I like the lal policy so I'll be okay supporting a MM elim now if the Nero wagon won't pick up enough traction to eliminate.
In post 1186, stan1ey wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1182, stan1ey wrote:Ftr im against lining up lynched. but either one is a good lynch rn
What do you mean by this?
I'm happy to lynch either nero or superbowl today (preferably nero)but it's best not to line up lynches ie. we shouldn't seriously be suggesting to lynch X person today and Y person tomorrow
Why would scum say this?
Huh, now I know why DrDolittle's approach struck me as weird... lol.

Guess we are treading water until Glitch comes back to us.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3884 (isolation #94) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Town looter »

Oh lol, dug up Glitch's old soft claim from way back and forgot about it...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3885 (isolation #95) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Town looter »

Why are we voting prior to claim? Like, it's not like he doesn't know what is required...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3886 (isolation #96) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3884, Town looter wrote:Oh lol, dug up Glitch's old soft claim from way back and forgot about it...
Urgh, I am probably being erratic, and with JV this thread already has enough of that.

This post (talking about digging up Glitch quote) is why I have a wall of text quote in what looks like an entirely unrelated reply. Ignore the Glitch quote, I didn't mean to post that.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3889 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3883, shellyc wrote:VOTE: Glitch

wtf happened to your "usefulness"

stop stalling mate
The more I think about it, the more this post bothers me.

New hot take. Shelly is scum.

Doesn't preclude Glitch scum either, as it could just be a terrible bus.

pedit: lol kinda. maybe not the right word. You post your thought process, which sometimes seems to move quickly and seemingly erratically (that could be me not understanding you though).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4044 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Town looter »

I don't know what you are talking about NPOM, Occam's Razor pretty much clears Glitch, and if you are really worried Glitch can just add one of our confirmed or near confirmed townies to the hood and they make a judgement (which will rule out the NEE/Glitch scum team possibility as well).

Also mass claim seems unnecessary right now given we have the advantage.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4047 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Town looter »

Obviously this is not accounting for the 4D big brain gambit shit they might have tried. Which given some of Glitch's posts isn't off the cards (gimme a sec, i'll dig one up).

Either way, we aren't eliminating Glitch today.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4051 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 3929, Glitch wrote:How would you differentiate between whether or not my claim is real or fake and I've had it ready since day one?
Of course I set it up from day one to be ready to claim when I had to.
That's not AI.

How does my explanation make you think scum? Also, if you flip me and see I'm town, would you elim Norway?
On the other hand, is this a scum slip?

Scum!Glitch makes no sense to me, but outside of typos that looks real bad...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4054 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Town looter »

Why's that?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4055 (isolation #102) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4052, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That also makes sense for a neighborizer Glitch to say.
I should quote things...

Why would Neighborizer Glitch say that? Why would they set up a claim? No set up required if it's your role...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4058 (isolation #103) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Town looter »

I mean I still think occam's razor applies and Glitch is town, but shit, it's a weird statement to make
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4060 (isolation #104) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Town looter »

Join my Shelly bus!

VOTE: Shellyc

Ima actually do a case too. Once I find my notes...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4063 (isolation #105) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4059, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4055, Town looter wrote:
In post 4052, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That also makes sense for a neighborizer Glitch to say.
I should quote things...

Why would Neighborizer Glitch say that? Why would they set up a claim? No set up required if it's your role...
Let me turn that around, ehy would scum say that? It’s just one of Glitches peculiarities imo.
Yeah, I think the different styles at play fucked us up for a decent day and a half. But on track now.

pedit: No, and they need too. Lots of good data now.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4070 (isolation #106) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by Town looter »

Oi Jackson, who'd you cop?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4075 (isolation #107) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4070, Town looter wrote:Oi Jackson, who'd you cop?
And who got gunsmithed by Fwesnid...?

Maybe we should send Manatee a message to make sure he let whoever got checked lol.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4076 (isolation #108) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4073, stan1ey wrote:
In post 4069, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4067, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3820, stan1ey wrote: i cant imagine glitch saying anything that will convince us not to kill him today tbh
this is why I love this game, so many twists!
Don’t forget my healthy contribution.
true. if you had come in and said "nah that's bs lmao" glitch would have been spooked
I needed to fix this quote mess. That is all
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4078 (isolation #109) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Town looter »

Nah turns out I don't have a case. SJ (your slot) gave me the heebie jeebies in , but when I re-read I can't see what I was thinking.

My only case on you right now is your Glitch vote. But it only takes one mistake to get caught, so I am ok with my weaker-than-I-initially-thought-but-still-ok case.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4081 (isolation #110) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4078, Town looter wrote:Nah turns out I don't have a case. SJ (your slot) gave me the heebie jeebies in , but when I re-read I can't see what I was thinking.

My only case on you right now is your Glitch vote. But it only takes one mistake to get caught, so I am ok with my weaker-than-I-initially-thought-but-still-ok case.
@Bell: Something about SJ around 458 set me off, based on our previous game, can you take a re-read and lemme know if you see anything?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4107 (isolation #111) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4093, NoPowerOverMe wrote:To be fair my wife does my families finances.
I lol'd
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4229 (isolation #112) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4161, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 4159, JacksonVirgo wrote:I think NPOM is scum here trying to back out of a hole they just flew into
Does anyone see what I do, or think it's just "haha lol they making funny"
yES, BUT STILL CATCHING UP
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4231 (isolation #113) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Town looter »

yeah caught up, but deep in the gin. So... lets go with idontwtfisgoingon
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4233 (isolation #114) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Town looter »

Sake, microwave, 30 sec. Delicious
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4234 (isolation #115) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Town looter »

Also stop trying to pocket me, im not gonna TR you.

TR you is about as smart as TR Mena
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4238 (isolation #116) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Town looter »

Ok, VOTE: NPOM
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4239 (isolation #117) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Town looter »

L-2
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4241 (isolation #118) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Town looter »

nah, anyone quick hammer and they ded
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4242 (isolation #119) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Town looter »

prob should claim at l-2, iunno
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4243 (isolation #120) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Town looter »

I wanna know who got touched up by Fw
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4299 (isolation #121) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 4290, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4055, Town looter wrote:Why would Neighborizer Glitch say that?
Oh. You misinterpreted. OK. Pleas go back and reread the whole conversation. He was saying he did set up his
2 crumbs
from D1.
Yep, makes sense.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4369 (isolation #122) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4367, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Am i the only one that find it weird that scum have only killed VT’s rather than PR claims?
Yep, in fact I think we can probably do a pretty decent (albeit WIFOM) solve right now because of it. I am going to take a look tomorrow, when I am not hungover.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4539 (isolation #123) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4464, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 648, Lapsa wrote:It has to be 2 vigilante setup. I see no other way around it.
Rolefishing much?

Fos lapsa
I found that scum tend to FoS their buddies, especially if they're performing lackluster. I also did this and got called out in a scum game I am lowkey ashamed of.
In post 754, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 739, ralph217 wrote:
Rolefishing much?

Fos lapsa
youv being slow this game but the game isnt as fast pass

so heres a question whys he fish

id ont like you
Rolefishing is trying figure out what someones role is. It's scummy because scum have more interest in eliminating power roles than town.
I think ralph/npom are not SvS. Though I'm not entirely sure if scum!ralph would defend or attack lapsa in that position.
In post 919, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: Lapsa
In post 1025, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Looks like we're consolidating.

Jumped on to their FoS but almost immediately jumps off when given the chance. Extremely interesting
In post 1030, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I see Lapsa as a good D2 lynch choice tbh unless something else comes up.
Again FoSing their buddy to distance.
In post 1228, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: Lapsa
In post 1243, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm not saying I wouldn't lynch ralph or pete.
Voting Lapsa because they have no other choice really but then instantly planting a reason why they would have an out later on.
In post 1263, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Eh why not?

Finally gets off the Lapsa vote with no real reasoning as to why but "eh".

I think this is scum. I am currently ISOing them, this is their D1.
This is a good case, and one from a pretty much confirmed townie.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4540 (isolation #124) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4526, Glitch wrote:
In post 4478, Titus wrote:
In post 4460, shellyc wrote:
In post 4458, Bell wrote:
In post 4453, JacksonVirgo wrote:If Titus is town, we're good have faith in me.
If Titus is scum, mafia cannot kill me as they have to keep their claim.
I support this post since he seems to think it’s a good idea.
doesn't killing babysitter kill Jackson as well then?
It would. That's why I have fought to not have my target be outed.
This is why I dont understand Jackson's "trust me I got this" plan. If both Titus and JV are town like we want, why would scum kill anyone but Titus? Score a town PR hard claim (Titus) and a town PR soft claim (jv). I think any and all discussion of who Titus targets is scummy and should immediately cease from anyone who is truly town.
It's a test from JV on Titus, which I assume only works because of JV's odd-night ability (they claimed something odd night, cop even night PR, iirc).

Again I agree with Bell and trust Titus on this. Although JV I suggest you double check with mod and/or wiki pages to make sure you understand how the various abilities are going to work.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4541 (isolation #125) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Town looter »

Trust JV* not Titus
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4542 (isolation #126) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4526, Glitch wrote:
In post 4414, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 4381, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
These votes both being right after another is too scummy to be scum. LOL.
So you're thinking A50 is twtbw?
I just had a light bulb moment that I had not considered before.

IKSF fake claimed one shot disloyal vig in the neighborhood thread D2 and said he was targeting A50 N2. He said if his shot was accurate we elim scum, and if his shot was unsuccessful he targeted town and it wouldn't go through. Clearly Flake did not expect to die that same night and the whole thing was a lie.

What was the purpose of this lie?? I thought all along it was just to seem more towny to me and anyone else should he have to claim in the future. But why would he claim such a big lie?? Did he want to tell me on D3 that he shot unsuccessfully at A50 and that way I believe A50 is town? Then when IKSF has to claim either by L1 or mass claim he has a full story a claim ready that checks out with me and any other witnesses that are in the PT.

Is A50 scum with Flake and this is a runaround to get us to fake townread A50?
This is very interesting, and something I would have thought Norwegian would've mentioned as it's fairly important to the game.

This casts a huge shadow over A50, but very WIFOM.

Need to go back and see if you mentioned it in your original claim Glitch
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4543 (isolation #127) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ignore my comment about Norwegian, that only really applies if Glitch hadn't mentioned it before, but he did in his original claim. Derp.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4544 (isolation #128) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Town looter »

If scum have a doctor, and all their buddies get eliminated, can they still do night kills?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4548 (isolation #129) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4545, shellyc wrote: why would scum!siteflaking attempt to clear scum!A50 when A50 might flip before siteflaking?'
Good point.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4550 (isolation #130) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Town looter »

So, based on that:
Town: [JV, MM, Ydr (unless Doc), A50, Glitch (assuming no scum theater)]
Likely town: [Titus (based on interaction with IKS)]
POE: [NPOM, Bell, Shelly, Hiraki, Fwesnid, Stanley, Ralph, Norwegian]

Bell, Hiraki and maybe even Ralph are probably town, so POE drops down to:

POE: [NPOM, Shelly, Fwesnid, Stanley, Norwegian]
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4553 (isolation #131) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Town looter »

Why's Norwey town?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4559 (isolation #132) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4554, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Because I doubt he would go on a Lim b for glitch if they were both scum with only three scummers left.
Yeah, but if Glitch is town, then it makes sense for Norway to be honest about the PT regardless of their alignment. Easy towncred on offer, and lying is not an option as it would be too high risk.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4561 (isolation #133) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Town looter »

Even if you are town NPOM, I think you are our best option in the sense of most likely to be scum. Unless we want to switch to Shelly ofc, but she has a lot of support apparently.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4673 (isolation #134) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 4671, Hiraki wrote:wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oh?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4675 (isolation #135) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 4280, ManateeDude wrote:
VC3.01
no song till im not in class

With 15 alive it takes 8 to eliminate

NoPowerOverMe (6:)
Ydrasse, shellyc, JacksonVirgo, Bell, stan1ey, Town looter
Titus (2:)
NoPowerOverMe, NorwegianBoyEE

Not Voting (7):
Almost50, Hiraki, Fwesnid, ralph217, Marshmallow Marshall, Titus, Glitch

Deadline:
updating soon

Mod Notes:
In post 4650, Titus wrote:VOTE: NPOM

Let's end the day now.
In post 4655, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Let's just end it.
Sorry if you are town.
VOTE: NoPowerOverMe
Glitch came on and then off, Bell cam off then back on. So I think that's a wrap.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4676 (isolation #136) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Town looter »

I still think A50 is town fwiw, their play has been likely to attract a vig shot since the start so saying IKS was going to die first isn't right imo.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4678 (isolation #137) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Town looter »

I wish I could raise a single eyebrow. It's a great skill to have.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4709 (isolation #138) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Town looter »

Ooooh Manatee? Wherefore art thou?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4853 (isolation #139) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Town looter »

Hi team, I haven't caught up since late 180's, anything interesting happen? I will catch up properly during night.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5104 (isolation #140) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by Town looter »

I was recruited do t have time for anything else as I am standing outside with people in my lounge and I am being rude. But I have A LOT more to post
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5105 (isolation #141) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Town looter »

Lol. Yay. I don’t need to worry. I can’t do what I need to now as I just saw something. Gimme a sec. I’m on mobile, and cuddling a child who just woke up.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5106 (isolation #142) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by Town looter »

Can*
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5107 (isolation #143) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 4907, shellyc wrote:Nope! I am not a fan of bussing anyways tbh

I'm a Vanilla Townie.

any questions?
I am town night 3 gunsmith. I have a big ole spiel about shit that I saved to my PC but have had a chance to post it and this shit has exploded.

I used my night action on Shelly.

She has a gun.

Given claim she is confirmed scum.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5158 (isolation #144) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Town looter »

Jackson has already worked it out, but now that I am on my PC, i'll post my pre-prepared wall anyway

Ok story time!!

I finally get to explain my Fwesnid bias, and provide my take on the setup (noting that given I don't really know that much about how setups are balanced, my insight will be limited).

So, I am town's Night 3 Gunsmith. And during the night I investigated Shellyc (at time of writing I still haven't got results but will post results very shortly).

My role, as far as I can see it, is 90% to do with me yielding a postivie from a Gunsmith, and 10% a genuine investigative role - my slot is effectively here to provide a false positive (again, at time of writing I don't know if i was visited by Fwesnid).

Now initially I assumed Fwesnid was scum aligned (and I kinda still do, but not as strongly as I did), because I figured I was a protown fall guy for our more powerful PRs (they kill me instead of killing someone more useful). But thinking about how strong our town PRs are, it's possible I am here to be elim-bait in the case Fwesnid investigates me, thus diluting Fwesnid's power and balancing his role up a bit. Given we have had two goons flip, this makes a bit more sense than the Scum!Fwesnid scenario (although I am not writing this off as having two, quite differently set up, gunsmiths seems odd).

I haven't crumbed this role at all cause I thought it pretty useless, but it was the reason I was SRing Fwesnid, and it's also partly why I believed Glitch's claim: I thought he was a Night X gunsmith or other type of gun holder. Hence post . At the time I was thinking Scum had a gunsmith (Fwesnid) and Glitch, myself and others were delayed town PRs who were there as investigators with the fringe benefit of being fall guys for the Vig. However, Glitch's response didn't align with this, and from that point my TR on Glitch/SR on Fwesnid was weaker.

Anyhoo, thats my pre-recorded story. Results and anything else interesting based on day start incoming.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5159 (isolation #145) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Town looter »

Also vig shooting me tonight would be ultra stupid, you can just elim me tomorrow if shelly flips town. Spend your shot on someone else.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5160 (isolation #146) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Town looter »

oh wait, vig gets to see shelly flip. Never mind me, drunk logic.

shoot away on shelly flip my good man.

also VOTE: shelly
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5168 (isolation #147) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Town looter »

@ Bell: Yup.

In other news, I feel like I have found out what my goal is in playing this game. To try and play like I do as scum - it's not an easy task given i play with a straight bat so to speak (cricket metaphor for the americans).

pedit: ok im too drunk to figure out Glitch's latest claim, will revisit tomorrow
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5169 (isolation #148) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Town looter »

but i would say if a protown PR visited Norway then be careful about claiming.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5289 (isolation #149) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Town looter »

Lol this is pretty much a newbie game now, except with more confirmed and known PRs.

I am struggling to reconcile why Titus, Jackson and Gltich are still alive. MM makes sense as it was pretty obvious he was going to target A50 last night, but the other three, if town, are going to win us the game.

Makes me think that one of them ain't town. But there's good reasons why they are all town...

Urgh.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5302 (isolation #150) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Town looter »

No one is actually confirmed 100%. But from top to bottom:

1) Myself, Jackson and MM are almost 100% confirmed, outside of a deep gambit or bus. MM is probably the most confirmed given Vigilantes can only be town under normal rules
2) Glitch and Ydrasse are also likely town. Glitch's story is pretty robust, and one that would be impressive if fabricated (with many different points of failure), similarly Ydrasse is likely town as she does not have a gun - only scum!Ydrasse scenario is mafia doctor
2a) Titus is tricky. Kinda fits into 2) above, but the fact she is still alive is curious.

That leaves
3) Stanly, Ralph, Norway unconfirmed
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5317 (isolation #151) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Town looter »

TBF you called her an idiot. I mean regardless of their actions, not exactly going to draw their gratitude lol.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5319 (isolation #152) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5314, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5289, Town looter wrote:Lol this is pretty much a newbie game now, except with more confirmed and known PRs.

I am struggling to reconcile why Titus, Jackson and Gltich are still alive. MM makes sense as it was pretty obvious he was going to target A50 last night, but the other three, if town, are going to win us the game.

Makes me think that one of them ain't town. But there's good reasons why they are all town...

Urgh.
I almost 100% thought one of myself or titus would have died, maybe it's scum framing, maybe it's scum trying to avoid the threat of the babysitter, maybe it's scum!titus, maybe it's two scum with a simple modifier and thus can't kill PR's (that last one was definitely not a joke). I am not entirely sure.
Yeah there's some big brain shit going on. Which puts question marks on Glitch, Titus and Norway.

One of those three is playing us.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5320 (isolation #153) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Town looter »

Well there's a world where they aren't as well - and it's Ydr and Ralph or something. But still. Something smells funny.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5323 (isolation #154) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Town looter »

Well my reads are all POE atm, i need to do some homework, but cbf.

Just on Titus though. Let's say they are a loud maf doc:
- Being on IKSF N1 makes sense purely from a doc point of view.
- Targets for other nights are also plausible given she needed to keep her cover after claim
- I skimmed ISO and don't see anything obvious in her voting record... like many of us, has spent a fair amount of time voting on town.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5391 (isolation #155) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5378, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Odd night was tracker for you right? And you target me N1?
In post 5379, JacksonVirgo wrote:I think we could probably elimate and then shoot in { NEE, ralph, stan } and that should be gg. If not, we search in Titus/Ydrasse/Glitch for the other scum because I am almost certain that there's one scum in NEE/Ralph/Stan

p-edit: Tracker? No I am an odd-night doctor even-night cop. N1 was me trying to heal you as I TR'd you at the time.

I have no clue where you got tracker from
WTAF
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5392 (isolation #156) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Town looter »

Need to iso and do homework, but Titus has to be scum here.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5393 (isolation #157) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Town looter »

Surely?!
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5431 (isolation #158) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 5424, Titus wrote:
In post 5423, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5422, Titus wrote:My bet is that scum have a strongman and a rolecop left

That does leave EE an out though where he's not just in a 1 v 1 if I am right
I am assuming as much, but am not understanding the second bit
Glitch has a positive motion detector result on NEE n2.

Either scum targeted NEE too or NEE and Glitch are in a 1 v 1.
Oh yeah, I thought that was resolved as JV visited Norway, but that was N1, not N2. Hmmm.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5432 (isolation #159) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Town looter »

I wonder if there is a reality where Jackson hard busses Goon DDL as a scum PR to go deep...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5434 (isolation #160) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 5407, Titus wrote:Doctor makes a lot of sense with a vigilante and a babysitter. It gives a lot of killing protection some safety.

Scum could have a strongman but aren't required to have one as scum can just kill whoever they want on even nights if I am not protecting them.

Basically, the doctor is a failsafe built in if MM and I mess up.
Lol, I wish I knew enough about setups to know if this is just utter BS...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5523 (isolation #161) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Town looter »

wut
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5524 (isolation #162) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5514, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5512, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 5507, JacksonVirgo wrote:I have no words
What did you expect anyway? For me to magically get trusted and not get hammered later?
Did not expect you to self-hammer, especially when I was going to do some ISO'ing.

Also Titus, be on me. MM shoot within Ralph/Stan. Glitch choose who you want to neighbourize, I of course want myself in there but that might just be personal bias.

I think that's a default win for town.
If NEE flips town, Titus needs to take the shot. That way we get Titus flip, and one of our POE.

It's how we win (well, kind of, we will still have a somewhat difficult LYLO by my reckoning).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5536 (isolation #163) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Town looter »

Sigh...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5620 (isolation #164) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Town looter »

Yeah we needed Titus to die last night and take out one of our POE, but that didn't happen.

Right now I am at: (townieness to scumminess, no people 100% confirmed, even JV)
JV
Glitch
Ydrasse = Titus
Ralph

The only issue with Titus's reasoning about a loud doc being bad is if the player is smart, understands the issue and early claims babysitter (which Titus did, they spat out their claim before they needed to). Babysitter adds a significant amount of uncertainty to who and why you are visiting people, and covers mob doc.

It's reliant on scum being sufficiently up to speed with roles to know what to fakeclaim, so not sure how it would fit in a balance conversation.

But I am far from 100% on Scum!Titus. Which is annoying. We're 1 too many in our POE for a definite win. Guess I am going to have to actually try and read people rather than relying on mechanical information.

On the no elimination thing, that is only a good move if we know Titus is scum. If we think they might be town, then we could lose overnight by babysitter being on town, getting shot and taking out another townie. No elim only really makes sense with a 2 person POE, in which case we'd just vote anyway.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5621 (isolation #165) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Town looter »

Good news is I think we win if we eliminate scum today.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5626 (isolation #166) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Town looter »

Yeah no elim and titus not using night action actually works. Scum have to kill because we have investigative.

Problem is we wouldn't know anything more tomorrow, because who-ever Glitch motion detects will just get other person to do kill. Other problem is if Titus decides to WIFOM, and gets it wrong, but eh, that is what it is - beyond my control so not going to worry about it.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5630 (isolation #167) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5627, Titus wrote:Glitch motion detect target should remain silent.

I must act though. If I don't act, that signs Jackson's death warrant. I may not heal him but scum need to have that fear. I want Jackson's result.
Best we don't even talk about it. You do what you think is best.

Only thing I would say is no action guarantees we see tomorrow, so that should be default position.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5631 (isolation #168) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5628, ralph217 wrote:at very least it rules out jack deepscum
no harm in doing that basicly
So you are advocating for us to lose the game?

While no elim is safest, pretty sure we could elim Ralph and we'd be fine. He is about as likely to be town as the odds of Titus fucking up the WIFOM night action.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5658 (isolation #169) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5653, Titus wrote:
In post 5652, ralph217 wrote:cuse its you or jack and i dont know who righ now . i can case much beter when i no for 100%
I don't see why you're setting up this false dichotomy. It makes you look desperate.

If your argument is there's too much power, then why wouldn't you question Town Looter? While I don't think Town Looter is scum, I feel his claim is fake. A night 3 gunsmith that doesn't CC the 3 shot gs or Jackson suggests the claim is fake. I doubt looter was bussing but rather it was a successful reaction test.

Then there's Glitch who has a result on EE allegedly. Yet EE flipped town. For Glitch's claim to be true, some unknown mafia PR visited EE night 2. Where is this PR?

Those are the questions I would be expecting you to ask if doubting the number of PRs in the game. Instead, your play seems to be about planning for when you and Jackson are both alive tomorrow.
Eh, I am not that good, and don't really have a feel for what a balanced setup looks like.

Point about Norway stands though. But scum having 1-2 strong PRs would not be surprising, so I don't think there is a lot to analyse here.

Reason no elim is best move has nothing to do with PRs nor who lives through the night, but simple statistics: blind voting our odds right now are 33% of hitting scum. That goes up to 40% if we blind vote tomorrow.

It also gives us another set of reliable reads from a town flip, plus the NK info (subject to WIFOM of course).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5659 (isolation #170) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Town looter »

A strong scum PR hard bussing a goon is also very likely, depending on the PR. So even those we have soft-cleared should probably be included in the possible elim pool (including myself from you guys' point of view).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5660 (isolation #171) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Town looter »

Which is even more reason to no elim.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5662 (isolation #172) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ralph's motion detection negative is interesting in this context now that I think about it.

Add this to the responses to my little reaction test (, which Ralph got town points for and JV got scum points for), and Ralphs general approach, I am feeling very uncomfortable about eliminating anyone today.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5664 (isolation #173) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5661, JacksonVirgo wrote:@Looter. Sure if it's a blind vote it's 33% but obviously this is not a blind vote at all. From my perspective the solve is fairly simple and it's essentially a 66% chance to hit scum within my poe. I have serious serious doubts thinking anyone is scum within looter/titus and that leaves a pool of 3. One we can pop today and the other I can solve with my check if the wifom goes our way

pedit: I do see your point but I still think it's just as safe to just lynch ralph here, they're pushing an anti-town agenda especially with a vote on them.
Oh for sure, we're not blind voting. But it's relative: our guesses today will always be worse today than they will be tomorrow.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5665 (isolation #174) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5663, JacksonVirgo wrote:Did you post the wrong link
Yep, lol,
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5668 (isolation #175) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Town looter »

How does that work?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5676 (isolation #176) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Town looter »

I'll hammer no elim tomorrow unless someone convinces me otherwise overnight.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5680 (isolation #177) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Town looter »

Ok, so VOTE: No elimination

My SR on Ralph has softened, because he has been somewhat proactive today, which seems a bit odd - I would think a troll account would maintain the persona and play dumb if scum. But this theory isn't backed up with a lot.

Ydrasse is worrying me. There is a minor scum-tell I have been toying with since I restarted playing that she triggered. If Ydr is scum, then I don't think Titus can be, because of the Norway visit (Ydr has to be Doc, but also is the only person who would have visited Norway in a Titus/Ydr scum team, and Mafia Doc wouldn't visit town).

JV and Glitch are still getting Occam Razor passes for now. But assuming we make it through the night, they have to be considered (along with me, from everyone else's point of view) - hard bussing goons isn't a bad strategy when you have 1-2 powerful PRs.

Titus, I am still lost on. But possible she will be resolved tonight, so again, happy to leave that headache until tomorrow.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5685 (isolation #178) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Town looter »

Hoorey, we're being fucked with via WIFOM...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5693 (isolation #179) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5687, Glitch wrote:Damn I didn't expect that. I recruited Ydrasse for motion detection. Wow.

I'll be back shortly to start sorting this.
This seems both genuine and a decision a towny would make. Ydrasse would've been a great motion detection target because she was unlikely to get targeted by anything and therefore a positive would be a reliable guilty result.

You are getting town binned.

Everyone else is in today's POE from my point of view.

I am going to wait until we hear from JV, and I have done some analysis of combinations and associations, before I cast a judgement.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5733 (isolation #180) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Town looter »

Interesting. Based on my pretty solid TR of Glitch (which I will explain a little more later), unless I go deep into the pits of paranoia, I too can solve and win.

Ralph v JV is a 1v1, with at least 1 scum confirmed between them, and very likely the other town. That leaves only Titus.

So the smart thing to do is eliminate Titus today, JV protects Glitch, and Glitch Motion Detects Ralph. That will end up in the same 1v2 with confirmed scum or 1v3 no kill scenario that your solve would result in, JV.

The problem is, only I see it this way. Although if Glitch feels the same way about me as I do him, he should realise Titus is scum as well.

The only wrinkle in this plan is the ultra-paranoia scenario where JV and Ralph are scum together...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5734 (isolation #181) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Town looter »

Oh and I confirm: Glitch asked about whether or not he could motion detect someone he had already targeted.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5740 (isolation #182) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5700, Glitch wrote:
In post 5693, Town looter wrote:
In post 5687, Glitch wrote:Damn I didn't expect that. I recruited Ydrasse for motion detection. Wow.

I'll be back shortly to start sorting this.
This seems both genuine and a decision a towny would make. Ydrasse would've been a great motion detection target because she was unlikely to get targeted by anything and therefore a positive would be a reliable guilty result.

You are getting town binned.
This honestly doesn't make sense to me. Idk why that post of mine is AI at all. Can you explain why that post town bins me?
Well, I have been thinking you are town for most of the game, mostly because a lot (not all, though) of your thought processes mirror mine. The most recent example of this was my own surprise at Ydrasse dying (initially at least) - I thought she was going to survive the night as either she was scum, or she would be down the priority order*.

Then, the way you phrased your post is consistent with I think someone would react if they motion detectored someone, thinking it a pretty smart move in the context of the game, only for them to be night killed. I think its a case of
confidence proved wrong
which always hurts a little bit more, and I think your post reflects that.

*However, the WIFOM finally sunk in, and I suspect killing Ydrasse was the move of a scum who is thoroughly enjoying messing with us, especially if JV is town.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5742 (isolation #183) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5738, JacksonVirgo wrote:From your pov, there's at least one scum within me and ralph with a possibility for both yet you push for a titus elimination.
Correct, now use that noggin of yours.

You and Ralph are unlikely to both be scum. But one of you is confirmed scum.

That leaves Titus and Glitch. Glitch I have a strong, confident TR on.

So I either 50/50 between you and Ralph, or I 50/50 between Titus and Glitch.

Glitch is my most confident read by a significant margin. I am simply going with the best odds of a scum elimination here.

I would have a very strong TR on you as well, except, well, you are still alive. This is where Scum has played very well, either you're the scum and deepwolfed excellently, or conversely left town!you alive to fuck with our heads, knowing it would lead to this situation.

That being said. I would support a Ralph elimination if the group insists on eliminating from the pool of [JV, Ralph].
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5745 (isolation #184) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ok, I was thinking there is a further case in that it makes no sense to keep Town!Titus alive. But after a thought experiment (below), I think leaving Town!Titus alive makes some sense. Blergh...
Spoiler:
Also, why would scum not shoot Titus last night?

Worst case they lose one of their team mates, best case they win the game.

Lets say Ralph is scum, Titus is town, and for sake of example, I am Ralph's partner. We'd have to roll the dice on who does the kill, but if we were smart (which I am not sure I am, but I have hindsight on my side here), we'd probably figure I a) am unlikely to be targeted by Titus as I wasn't being SR by her, nor was worth protecting, so very likely to make it through the night even if we kill Titus, and b) would need to stay clean in the case I got motion detectored. This would lead to Ralph doing the kill.

So Ralph and Titus die; JV, Glitch, Ydr and myself would all be alive. We'd probably no elimination again to get another motion detector, and depending on if I felt like being an arse, i'd probably no kill (although maybe not, given i'd need to kill regardless the following night). I'd then kill JV and hope I didn't get motion detectored.

Ok that is probably a worse scenario for scum than the current game state... hmmm.

pedit: yeah, especially from Town!JV POV my position is ridiculous - you have a god damn guilty result. The problem is, I don't know for certain town!JV exists...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5746 (isolation #185) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Town looter »

I need to sleep on this.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5748 (isolation #186) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Town looter »

Eh I am going to follow Glitch's lead on this one as from my point of view, I can say exactly the same thing about you and Ralph (that there is no need to elim either one of you).

What really needs to happen is we both go away and see if we can come up with a definitive read one way or the other: you determine which out of Titus or I is scum, and I determine which out of you and Ralph is scum.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5760 (isolation #187) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 5755, Titus wrote: I suspect Looter's reason for a fast TR on Glitch is a pocket attempt.
Except that I have been (warily) TRing Glitch for the whole game. Now sure, I could've been doing this because, if scum, I would know Glitch is town, but the "fast TR" bit seems a bit disingenuous.
In post 5755, Titus wrote: @Looter, Supposing Ralph is scum, why should I TR you over Glitch/Jackson?
Based on mechanical information, you shouldn't. I'll quite happily admit my role, and subsequent claim, is the weirdest out of the 3, but I wrote a wall post during one of the night phases that goes into my thinking on this.

Non-mechanical information-wise, this is really up to you. I have a bunch of posts and reactions that makes sense coming from town (like my reaction to Fwesnid claim, and my subsequent reads on that slot), but whether or not you think those are genuine or fake is really up to you.

Now, I suspect you are going to call them fake, given I am almost certain you are scum.

Also I haven't written off a Ralph/JV scum team, it's just in the realm of high paranoia mode.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5763 (isolation #188) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5762, Titus wrote:@Looter, The fact you are insisting you're still a night 3 gunsmith is off. You did a decent fakeclaim, but why not own up to it as either alignment?
Because it's real.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5791 (isolation #189) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5773, Glitch wrote:Key players to analyze:
Players Alive: Titus, Looter, JV, Ralph, Glitch
Flipped Scum: IKSF, SJReaver/Shelly, DDL/Lapsa

[snip]

D1 72offsuit is killed. We eliminated town but at the end of the day, Ralph was not on the town elim wagon and was voting for scum. This means for Ralph to be scum he would have to be bussing DDL from D1. Titus, Looter, and JV were all in support of the town elimination that day.

D2 scum DDL is killed. Ralph continued to maintain his vote on DDL and was on the wagon for the scum elim. Scum team shelly and Flake were on the wagon, along with Ralph, Looter, and JV. Titus was voting for me.
This seems to indicate there is probably two town in Ralph, Looter, and JV as all 4 scum partners voting for their fifth teammate it very unlikely.
Because I am town, and there are probably two town in Ralph, Looter, and JV, this shades Titus pretty seriously.[/b]

D3 we killed town NPOM. Ralph did not have a vote at the elim. JV, Looter, and Titus were all on NPOM for his town flip and one of them has to be scum. Why was Ralph not on board with the town elim D3 if he is scum, especially after voting scum at the end of the day both D1 and D2? Ralph has an excellent voting record so far as scummy as he is.

D4 Titus was not a part of the scum shelly lunch but instead was voting for A50 at the time of the elim. JV and Looter were on the wagon though to lunch shelly. With only three alive that day (shelly, ???, and ???), it is unlikely that both scum partners were voting shelly at the end of the day suggesting there MUST be one town between JV and Looter.

D5 I voted off town!Norway with JV and Titus. With only 2 scum left in the game and 5 to eliminate, it is most likely that one of the two remaining scum were on the Norway wagon, indicating there is one scum between JV and Titus.

D6 is not really helpful at this point as everyone voted for no lunch except JV voting for Ralph which doesn’t help us either.

[snip]
Pretty good analysis. Only thing I don't like is the D4 Elimination. I had a gun guilty on a claimed VT. Scum would've known this is legit (or if in a Scum!Loot scenario they would know it's a bus), so it's likely all scum would have jumped on the wagon, unless they wanted to play some game theory.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5792 (isolation #190) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Town looter »

Which is interesting, because both Ralph and Titus were off the wagon lol.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5793 (isolation #191) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Town looter »

From a game spec point of view, does my role being real make Jacksons role less likely to be real?

We would have:
- One 3 shot weak investigative (proven, Fwesnid)
- One single shot (night 3) weak investigative (me)
- One full weak investigative (unproven, Glitch)
- One full semi-strong investigative (proven, 72offsuit)
- One partial strong investigative (unproven, JV)

Like, if 72 wasn't killed we would have a crazy amount of mechanical information. Especially seeing as it appears scum don't have a roleblocker (well, they might if it's JV/Titus scum team).
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5794 (isolation #192) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Town looter »

Regardless of how this goes down, one of Ralph/JV has played very well.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5795 (isolation #193) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5772, Titus wrote:
In post 5769, JacksonVirgo wrote:Ralph and TItus do seem to be on countering sides before I outted my check, it could be that Ralph is planning to yeet themself in hopes of Titus getting enough credit to win through tomorrow.
Ralph Titus should be an impossibility. Ralph Titus doesn't kill Ydrasse there, leaving a terrible bind. The autoloss scenario. Let's suppose that Ralph/Titus decided to leave Jackson alive to cop them, despite knowing Jackson was unprotected. The next logical kill would be Glitch to prevent from being caught comitting a kill.

Not killing either of these two suggests a team that couldn't kill safely. No one else kills Ydrasse there.
Except we are in ELo. And WIFOM is a thing.

Leaving Jackson alive is great WIFOM-based cover for you because it gives your babysitter claim more support. It's a risky play, but it's a good one.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5820 (isolation #194) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Town looter »

Interesting. I hadn't considered the Ralph/Titus multitasking thing.

It does put me in a weird position. Mechanically I had almost lock-scum on Titus.

But without Titus being multi-tasking Ralph and Titus simply cannot exist... except. Who did you visit the night Norway, Stanley and MM died Titus?

I had a quick skim but couldn't seem to find it.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5821 (isolation #195) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Town looter »

I checked again. Interestingly we did not ask Titus who they checked on the day after Titus died.

Which is the night Ralph returned a negative.

Curiosuly, JV got to this way before I did (), but didn't think to ask who Titus baby sat...
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5823 (isolation #196) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Town looter »

Also the game designer is a fan of multitasking, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was used in the setup.

From Schadd's wiki page: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... r_list.png
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5830 (isolation #197) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 5667, JacksonVirgo wrote:If ralph is scum, titus is clear btw due to the motion detect
In post 5669, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5667, JacksonVirgo wrote:If ralph is scum, titus is clear btw due to the motion detect
Or in other words they're a SvT at the most unless titus is multitasking

pedit: Glitch motion detected ralph didn't they? That means they didn't visit and Titus is loud so we know who they visited. Both confirmed that they didn't kill (unless multitasking or ninja) and thus cannot be scum together.

I didn't really think of ninja tbh
This is nagging at me.

Here JV effectively confirm's Titus' visit. I didn't understand it at the time, because we didn't know JV was visited - it only makes sense if you know Titus used their night activity.

The bit I don't like is I think Town!JV would have confirmed Titus' visit, where as in a scum JV/Titus team, the visit would have been planned and JV would have known about it in advance, and it may not of been front of mind.

That is, I think:

Town!JV would've said "I got visited by Titus last night, and therefore Titus/Ralph team is impossible without multi-tasking"
Scum!JV would've made the posts above.

Given what you are saying about Ralph's VCA Glitch and given the incredible power of JV's role (which doesn't seem to stack up) I am feeling about 60/40 in favour of Scum!JV right now.

I looked back at my old notes, and funnily enough was SRing JV in the first part of the game. They started sounding very towny around page 60-70ish iirc, but I wonder if I was onto something here.

Still haven't done a ISO and full association analysis, I have been busy at work so only don reactive and mechanical thinking - but will get stuck into the ISOs this weekend.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5865 (isolation #198) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Town looter »

Sorry team.

I have been on a bit of a bender this weekend, so brain is pretty useless. I'm gonna have a doze and maybe revisit tonight.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5881 (isolation #199) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Town looter »

Sorry guys, I know I am holding up proceedings.

I think there is a few holes in your plan JV:

- It's irrelevant if Ralph isn't scum, and JV is - remember Glitch, we lose if this is the case. I don't want you to doubt yourself right now - leave your respective SR/TR where they are, but I do ask you give me a chance to case JV. This is on me though and I WILL be casing JV/Ralph in the next 24 hours

- If Ralph is scum, from my point of view, the motion detecting will not give a reliable result: any check on me will almost certainly be positive, unless there's a no kill, in which it will be negative. Either way, the motion detection is going to implicate me,
regardless of my alignment
:
  • If I am scum, and there's a kill: Obviously positive.
  • If I am town, JV is town and Titus is scum: Titus will visit me with their loud PR, and kill with multitasking, or no kill and not visit me
  • If I am town, JV is scum and Titus is town: JV will either no kill, or kill me (he can't kill Glitch, and won't kill Titus because it would clear me)
  • If I am town, JV is town and Titus is town: Motion detector result is fake because Glitch is scum
signature

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”