Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Hi everyone. I’m posting this from my phone at work and can’t figure out how to vote so will have to do that later today. Probably you though GuerillaWoo, for voting for me!

Former fish, hope your daughter is OK. It must be worrying.

This is my first game ever so I apologise in advance for anything stupid or any posting etiquette breaches :)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 15, nonny wrote:Trinity you can use vote tags [ v ] vote username [/ v ] (without the spaces in the brackets) Little harder to type on a mobile device but possible. Yay for it being your first game, just read the rules and have fun!
You mean like this?
VOTE: vote GuerillaWoo

TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 24, Formerfish wrote:
In post 22, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 21, Formerfish wrote:Oh you cheeky scumboi you.

I hope you learned your lesson.
I learned to stand my ground more. Don't be in a hurry and don't let people push you into reads.

The meta on this site so far has been difficult to pick up on.
Those are perfect lessons from last game. Town it up in this one like you did there and you'll do well. Or just sheep me and ride my coattails to victory.

And thanks, we were home for a bit and then I took her back because her fever spiked to 104. They looked at her appendix and that was fine, they are testing for strep throat now.
What does ‘town it up’ mean? Pretend to be a townie...?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 33, Formerfish wrote:Except trinity asked about the same post in #25 and I addressed it already in #26.

And asking a question is different than threatening me with a serious vote on page 2, putting me to l-2 when the first 2 votes were rvs.

To me it looks like you saw that I had the biggest wagon on me, and if you could push an action as scummy to hop on the wagon you might be able to get some traction with it and get an early mislynch.

And dont misrep what I was saying, i have no issue with questions. I have an issue with someone taking an obviously tongue in cheek comment and trying to make it into something its not. Build your straw man somehwere else.
I know I’m new at this, but it does look like there are a couple of ways to read your posts, which are sounding a bit defensive:

(1) You are town and worried about being mislynched.
(2) You are scum and trying to misdirect so that you don’t get lynched.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic, but isn’t it part of the game that we should poke and prod a bit, to try to get a reaction, and see what comes out?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Hi, off topic, but any ideas on how to add an avatar? Either the image size is too big, or the URL is too long, for the ones I’ve tried. I read on another forum that it’s considered to be good form to have an avatar, so I’m trying!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Hi Bins
I have a question about what the little Q+ button does? I pressed it to see what it did, and it changed colour so now I’m worried I’ve done something I shouldn’t! :)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

UNVOTE: GuerillaWoo

VOTE: brassherald

I don’t understand his (sorry can’t check gender atm) posts either! So maybe they are meant to mislead or confuse the newbies?

No idea if this is a valid reason for voting and unvoting but I’m sure someone will let me know if not :)

Thanks for the replies to my queries. I’m just heading in to my working day so will try to fix the avatar tonight.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Not much happening, so maybe it’s time for another dumbe question. Some of you have mentioned post numbers, but these numbers don’t match up with the numbers on my board - maybe because I’m viewing posts in descending order. Any ideas on how I can find a post if all I have is the number?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 85, Bins wrote:
In post 73, Formerfish wrote:
In post 55, Bins wrote:
In post 51, nonny wrote:Maybe you didn't read his post, but I did. Claiming my role would be a last resort.
I just find it kind of ironic that in my next post I clarify that I'm female and yet you got it wrong. It doesn't bug me, but it speaks to you actually reading my posts or not...

While nUmBeRs post was pretty funny, I'm not sure if it's scum. I mean... just think... what scum really goes "Hey, so, like, claim now, please?".
Bins have you played with 2.8 yet? I just got done with a game he was in and he is a newb through and through, but he didnt have this set of balls in that game at all.
I can see him hitting puberty from his first game to his second game. I don't really like how you're voting him even after his explanation leads me to believe this is more just a communication/awkwardness thing. I'm STILL not sure if it's scum, but I'm more just getting the vibe that he's a newb.

I'll read his first game, though.
In post 83, TrinityNZ wrote:Not much happening, so maybe it’s time for another dumbe question. Some of you have mentioned post numbers, but these numbers don’t match up with the numbers on my board - maybe because I’m viewing posts in descending order. Any ideas on how I can find a post if all I have is the number?
A lot is happening and here to comment on. For example, what do you think about E (numbers)? Do you have any feels towards the people pushing him for his post?

I'm not sure what's wrong with you post numbers though. Where does it take you when you click this: ?
That takes me right back to post number 1. I could change to Ascending, rather than Descending, but I do like the latest posts being on the first page, rather than the last.

I’m inclined to agree with you about E and think that some of the others are being a bit harsher than I expected in a newbie game, but maybe that’s a tactic. And at least he’s making an effort. Some people haven’t had much to say at all, which makes me wonder why...
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 76, nonny wrote:
In post 55, Bins wrote:
In post 51, nonny wrote:Maybe you didn't read his post, but I did. Claiming my role would be a last resort.
I just find it kind of ironic that in my next post I clarify that I'm female and yet you got it wrong. It doesn't bug me, but it speaks to you actually reading my posts or not...
You're right, my bad Bins. I'm notoriously bad at gender, usually try to avoid it. Going back through from the reply page doesn't show avatars or gender :(
GuerillaWoo wrote:Nonny I'm tone reading you as guarded and defensive.
I could see that. Not sure how to change it, but thank you for answering my question. I'm probably taking everything too seriously, I'll try to lighten up. Downside to be a perfectionist :roll:
In what way are you a perfectionist nonny?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 68, brassherald wrote:Seriously?

I am saying Bins is town, GuerillaWoo is a scum lean.

It's really simple sorting of slots.
Why do you think Bins is town?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 93, GuerillaWoo wrote:Can you describe what intuits to you that I'm town? I feel like I haven't actually said anything AI.
If you were actually town, why would you ask this question? This seems a strange question to ask.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Welcome stargazer.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

Ok I’m changing votes. Thinking more about brassherald, he seemed to be a bit annoyed early in, and I firstly was suspicious of this. Now though I think he wouldn’t have done that if he was scum. Nonny on the other hand, is coming across as more suspicious by being self-deprecating, as someone else mentioned.

As for numbers, I think he is Bri g a bit naive. It could be deliberate, to try to throw us off, but I don’t think so at this point. So

UNVOTE: brassherald

VOTE: nonny
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 124, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 122, TrinityNZ wrote:Ok I’m changing votes. Thinking more about brassherald, he seemed to be a bit annoyed early in, and I firstly was suspicious of this. Now though I think he wouldn’t have done that if he was scum. Nonny on the other hand, is coming across as more suspicious by being self-deprecating, as someone else mentioned.

As for numbers, I think he is Bri g a bit naive. It could be deliberate, to try to throw us off, but I don’t think so at this point. So

Why is self-deprecation suspicious? How is being light-hearted or charismatic more deserving of a vote than irritability? The latter shows a distinct lack of confidence.
Ok so I thought I had replied to this earlier but the post had disappeared - any ideas on what might have happened? I can write it out again but would prefer to find it if it’s gone somewhere strange. I tried looking for all my posts but can’t get that to work either...
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 124, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 122, TrinityNZ wrote:Ok I’m changing votes. Thinking more about brassherald, he seemed to be a bit annoyed early in, and I firstly was suspicious of this. Now though I think he wouldn’t have done that if he was scum. Nonny on the other hand, is coming across as more suspicious by being self-deprecating, as someone else mentioned.

Why is self-deprecation suspicious? How is being light-hearted or charismatic more deserving of a vote than irritability? The latter shows a distinct lack of confidence.
I think it’s suspicious because being self-deprecating is a tactic to try to make people like you. One reason to try to make people like you is because you’re scum and you’re trying not to get lynched. If someone is irritable, they are not caring as much if people like them, so they are not as afraid of being lynched.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 132, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around this weekend. I've had a lot going on this week and I'm trying to get my life right.

Don't you worry Woo, with a face like that how can I stay away from you for long?
Hope your daughter is OK?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Gosh a lot has happened since last night! I need to read through and digest everything and there are quite a few terms I don’t understand that I’ll have to do some research on, before commenting. I’ll be back!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 153, nonny wrote:I'm hesitant to even respond to the multiple people saying I was "self deprecating", what I said about being a perfectionist was not meant to be self deprecating. I asked a question, received an answer, and responded to the answer. I did not phrase it as "woah is me, poor me", merely stated a fact and noted I'd try to lighten up since I'm just a serious person. This is the last I want to post about my personality, if you see it as scumread so be it, I feel like I've explained where I was coming from enough, either you see it as genuine or you don't.

The definition of self-deprecating to me is that it isn’t about “woe is me, poor me”, but is about putting yourself down to appear humble and therefore a nice person. And so then I ask, why do you need to make us think you’re a nice person?
This explanation I have nothing against, feels legit and I respect knowing how you read things yourself. The part that I don't get is why Trinity is sheeping, almost every post from her is just following another player, like in post 122 (how do we link to posts?), with time can find more examples as well.
Yes, you’re right I’ve probably mostly replied to previous posts as I’m still having probelms figuring out how to reply to earlier posts and do quoting properly. So it’s easier just to reply to something and follow on from what was previously said. Also, I’ve been trying to be active, but haven’t always been sure what to say, so again it’s easier just to follow on from an existing topic. I’m sure I’ll get better as the game goes on. I’ve changed my view now to descending rather than ascending, so that will probably help too.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 183, GuerillaWoo wrote:Also speaking as someone who's faked a townslip as a town PR, it's all WIFOM.
Can you just confirm for me what ‘faked a townslip’ means? Thanks
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 209, nonny wrote:Skygazer: I made a post before about 2.7's 98, it does seem an odd statement, especially seeing that scum does have someone to talk to and possible guide them.

Currently I'm still scum lean on 2.7 as well. Hypothetically if someone CC doc, we lynch 2.7, and the CC doc is alive tomorrow then day 2 is wasted on WIFOM? Maybe it's not a good play, but isn't that a possible scenario were scum could buss (am i using that right?) their partner in an effort to make it to lylo? Seeing as there is no guarantee that we even have a doc in set-up.
In post 194, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 153, nonny wrote:I'm hesitant to even respond to the multiple people saying I was "self deprecating", what I said about being a perfectionist was not meant to be self deprecating. I asked a question, received an answer, and responded to the answer. I did not phrase it as "woah is me, poor me", merely stated a fact and noted I'd try to lighten up since I'm just a serious person. This is the last I want to post about my personality, if you see it as scumread so be it, I feel like I've explained where I was coming from enough, either you see it as genuine or you don't.

The definition of self-deprecating to me is that it isn’t about “woe is me, poor me”, but is about putting yourself down to appear humble and therefore a nice person. And so then I ask, why do you need to make us think you’re a nice person?
I never said it was a negative, that is your own connotation. Do with it what you will.
In post 194, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 153, nonny wrote:This explanation I have nothing against, feels legit and I respect knowing how you read things yourself. The part that I don't get is why Trinity is sheeping, almost every post from her is just following another player, like in post 122 (how do we link to posts?), with time can find more examples as well.
Yes, you’re right I’ve probably mostly replied to previous posts as I’m still having probelms figuring out how to reply to earlier posts and do quoting properly. So it’s easier just to reply to something and follow on from what was previously said. Also, I’ve been trying to be active, but haven’t always been sure what to say, so again it’s easier just to follow on from an existing topic. I’m sure I’ll get better as the game goes on. I’ve changed my view now to descending rather than ascending, so that will probably help too.
So then, what is your current take on the 2.7 discussion going on? Seeing as that's our main concern currently, it'd be good for every player to weigh in.
Currently I’m trying to understand the whole claim and counter claim situation, so trying to read and understand everything to get to my own view. 2.7 does look a bit off at this point
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

I’m leaning towards E2.7 and nonny being both scum. He is being unnecessarily defensive of her and she is looking like she is telling him what to do, like build a defence, and giving possible explanations for some of his posts.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 238, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 233, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 232, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 223, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 222, IcemanCh wrote:I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

VOTE: E

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post

It is? Why?
Jumps on a wagon after low activity as an extension of another player's rationale. It's discomforting cuz I'm not getting a sense of how you see 2.7
In post 234, GuerillaWoo wrote:Actually no you posted on that same page lol. Sorry bud. I'm quitting smoking right now so I'm not at my sharpest.

I was going to say I've laid out my feelings on E2.7 and I had pulled my vote of the wagon while being clear that I was going to put it back on.

Anyways.

As for other reads I'm still lacking on scum reads. I think Brass and Nonny are looking town to me. Brass seems to be trying to find scum. And, he's focused, which may be because he found an easy mislynch (if he were scum) but, I feel like it's more because E is scum. I'm still neutral on Trinity and FF.
What about the others?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 240, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 231, brassherald wrote:I am voting for nonny because nonny is suspicious. Reads that are based on whether they agree with your reads are the worst reads so maybe try thinking.
I think that the only reasons that ANYONE is voting for nonny is (1) the "self-deprecation" thing or (2) the voter is scum. And (1) has been debunked.
So, I am using the nonny situation to look for scum.
In post 236, nonny wrote:
In post 224, 2 718281828459 wrote: I thought I did post something but I guess the post did not take.
Most of the posts you guys wrote were
about
me and not
to
me, although I may have missed stuff.
My reads have not really changed anyway, I still think nonny is town (or at least not scum enough for all those votes) and brass is scum.
Point one is an easy thing to say, no way to say if it's true or not. But given you were posting prolifically prior and then fell off the face of the earth, it's easy to doubt.

Point two, this is were I already pointed out to you, you have not attempted to build a defense. You know
you're
own alignment. If what we are saying is not true, if someone is twisting something, etc then it's your job to point it out and point out how you were actually acting in best interest of the town. You have to present a case.
*your

Initially I was playing
badly
, by letting my excitement flow into what I was posting. Then I got a bit too self-defensive. Then I tried to correct the situation and look for reads, but never got anywhere on that. I said I would research again, let me go ahead and do that. (Specifically, I want to try to find a read on FormerFish and Trinity.)
You have been building a defense for me because it validates your vote on Brass. Currently, brass nor I are under that much fire. You are the one that is read scum by the majority of active players and at risk of lynch. Put some of that energy towards your own standing. Saying you're innocent because you suspect Brass is not a defense, it's a distraction which is not working. And while I agree with your take on me simply because I know my own alignment, it actually at this point adds to my scumlean on you, why are you defending me so much? It's almost unnerving, the only way you could know I'm town that fully is if you are not. Otherwise it also looks like buddying which your partner may have told you to buddy someone in order to use it on D2 for easy lynch bait, but that is WIFOM at this point.
Again, I was using you to read scum. Although three people voted for you, it still seems likely that two of them are scum.
TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 238, IcemanCh wrote:
As for other reads I'm still lacking on scum reads. I think Brass and Nonny are looking town to me. Brass seems to be trying to find scum. And, he's focused, which may be because he found an easy mislynch (if he were scum) but, I feel like it's more because E is scum. I'm still neutral on Trinity and FF.
What about the others?
I find this question a bit hypocritical because you yourself only posted reads on 2 people.
The reason I asked iceman this was because he said ‘as for other reads’ and then only mentioned brass, nonny, me and FF. So I was wondering why he didn’t mentioned the others and what it means.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 249, Skygazer wrote:VOTE: Trinity

Because:
In post 247, nonny wrote:You still have not answered what you think of the role claim.
And because her only two reads were on the two biggest wagons at the point she gave her reads.
You do realise this is my first game? I thought that’s what I was meant to be commenting on.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Doh! I just wrote a long post, went back to look at an earlier page, and seem to have lost the whole thing. I’ll try to type it again, but it’s late here and my husband is lying in bed sighing loudly that I’m keeping him awake, so this version is going to be a bit shorter.

2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him, so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
Nonny still looks to me like she could be scum, she seems defensive of 2.7 and seemed to be giving him some pointers for him to use in his defence
Bins - I have a slight lean towards her a scum, because she hasn’t been active. She reminds me of a quote from West Wing that I heard tonight - ‘those who know don’t speak’
FF, brass - am leaning towards them as town, as they have been pretty aggressive, and the other half of that quote is something like ‘those who speak don’t know’
Stargazer, guerilla, iceman - slight townlean at this point
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

UNVOTE: nonny
VOTE: 2.7

For the reasons I gave last night that my strongest scum lean right now is 2.7.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 272, brassherald wrote:Okay, Formerfish is much better with those strings of posts. And he does have a point, the townlean on Trinity was because of questions, but now Trinity really has not followed up on those posts with anything. I'm switching the two of them to Formerfish townlean, Trinity scumlean.

VOTE: Iceman

Iceman seems to be slipping by without doing much. He's voted 2.7 and well, I summarized his iso in 3 words. Top scumread right now, considering recent posts.
I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 278, Skygazer wrote:
TrinityNZ wrote:I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote:2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him,
so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
(Bolded for emphasis)

271 absolutely does not look like a post where you're about to vote for 2.7 considering you specifically stated you don't know whether to move your vote to him or not. This looks like an inconsistency with some significance to me.

Also why haven't you answered my questions in 273?
That’s just a timing thing. It’s early morning here. I did the first post on the train but haven’t been able to read or reply to everything yet. I’ll respond tonight.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 273, Skygazer wrote:
In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote: Nonny still looks to me like she could be scum, she seems defensive of 2.7 and seemed to be giving him some pointers for him to use in his defence
1) Do you have any specific examples of this? She's been consistently pushing him and has her vote on him and I haven't seen her defend 2.7 so I'm not buying this at all
2) As it's been said before, scum can talk to each other privately so I don't see why she'd be coaching him publicly if she was coaching him
OK, post #236, where it looks like she is telling him what to do, and also she says she is leaning towards him being null, which seems strange in view of other comments.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 278, Skygazer wrote:
TrinityNZ wrote:I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote:2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him,
so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
(Bolded for emphasis)

271 absolutely does not look like a post where you're about to vote for 2.7 considering you specifically stated you don't know whether to move your vote to him or not. This looks like an inconsistency with some significance to me.

Also why haven't you answered my questions in 273?
I’ve answered your 273 questions now - as mentioned I think we’re in different time zones :)

I did have issues late last night when I was tired, with losing posts and them not working properly, so all I can do is agree with you that it is inconsistent! (And having had a few wines at a birthday dinner). I am a bit unsure of which way to go on things, and how to make sure I contribute and help with hunting out the scum, and how to go about changing my mind on who I suspect and being clear about my reasoning.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 280, 2 718281828459 wrote:
L-1 again
. I think my votes are coming and going in waves.

OK, so now I like how nonny's voters all left (although, of course I do not like where one of them went). I am not really sure about the Iceman vote -- could it be that Iceman is just inactive for personal reasons? (Is this brassherald jumping to conclusions again?)

Expanding on that, I am wondering why a mere lack of activity from Iceman is causing brassherald to say "Top scumread right now" suddenly. Even though
I
disliked the ideas he had before, this jumping around with (at least in this case) flimsy evidence could be further evidence of brass being scum.

There has been so much, I am not sure how to respond to all of it. Though I am starting to not like Trinity's attitude (and the brass+Trinity team lines up with what I thought earlier...)
Although, I have to wonder how much of that is inexperience, so I want to wait before voting there. (It could be that she just wanted to keep a vote on the board but still voting for nonny.)
Well, it was really that I think you’re the most likely scum of everyone, even more than nonny (who I do also suspect), and so was trying to indicate that by voting for you. I’m not sure what you mean about ‘attitude’?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 284, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
I don’t think there’s anything outstanding that I’m still waiting for an answer for.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 285, nonny wrote:
In post 284, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
Also, have you answered all the questions directed at you? I know at first you said you were posting from a phone, it may be easier if you can use a computer to do a more full post, at least once in a while.
Formerfish wrote: We might be better off killing 2.8 today no matter what.

I know. I know. That sounds kinda crazy, right? My question to you all is this, is it?

Say he is town. I as scum would not kill him tonight. I would leave him alive because tomorrow when he's not dead it's almost a free mislynch right there for them. Also, I would probably no kill for the simple fact that as the towndoc he could pick one of the scum team to protect, which would in effect clear that scum player when town2.8 is killed and flips green.

Now from the flip side. If 2.8 is scum I would probably no kill as well. It would ratchet up the wifom to unbelievable levels on not only himself but also on whoever he "protected."
It does make sense. I had a similar thought that currently we don't have any "real" information. We won't really until we have a lynch. All of our reads currently are based on nothing but knowing our own alignment. (I know this is just day 1 mechanic) Once we do have one (or two depending on NK and PRs in game) confirmed alignments then scumhunting can become more solid.

That being said, I personally still want to hear more from Trinity and Bins. More information now can help with look backs later, right?

This is more random thought but is there any benefit from a "no lynch", I'm guessing no, because that still leaves us in WIFOM tomorrow if 2.7 isn't the NK.
I would LOVE to be posting from a real computer! I have either an ipad or a phone at home - no PC. And at work this site is blocked (I work for the government). It would be so much easier to post from there, with dual screens!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 303, Bins wrote:
In post 300, GuerillaWoo wrote:Why's everyone using the word protocol all of a sudden. Wonder if that's worth looking into. :')

Bins can you explain to me what these "protocols" are and why they're so unique in this game and why on top of that these unique "protocols" would cause a townie, specifically a PR, to not only freak out and arrive at everyone's scum-dar but on top of that to meekly claim PR then doc.

Because this is an unnervingly particular scenario and the word "protocol" is vague.
It's the word that E was using. I'm sort of using it to indicate that he seems to be very new to the site "protocols", hence why he's so worried about the "protocols". I think it's weird too. Sort of cute. Which is why I'm not sure why he would fakeclaim.

I'm also not for the idea that his buddy told him to fakeclaim. That's like... not something I see going down.
If it is fake, it seems to be working - quite a few are backing off from voting him.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 317, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 315, Skygazer wrote:Relax, I haven't hammered yet, I just stated that I intend to.

Guerilla, how is quitting going? I'm in the same boat as of today.
I'm smoking now so, terribly. Still, one in three days isn't awful considering I'm a chain smoker.

Good for you bud, good choice. If you need tips lemme know cuz I've gone through this a bunch and I know how tough it can be.
I’ve done it and for me it was all about changing that voice in my head that says smoking is enjoyable to one that says it’s disgusting. There’s a book called ‘the easy way to give up smoking’ or something by Allan Carr (I think) which has helped me and two of my friends give up and stay off the nicotine. It’s from the eighties I think but still really good
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Has anyone ever heard of a tactic before where a scum will say they’ve been away for a few days and asking everyone to hold off on lynching someone. And then it turns out they were partners? Could Bins’ absence have been meant to just give time for things to cool down against 2.7, if they are partners?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

It could be a really good strategy, just saying.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 357, GuerillaWoo wrote:Good spot on the nonny/brass bins push.

I'm probably going to end up being wrong but I believe she's his scum partner. AFAIC 2.7 is conf!scum. He's been back here super briefly talking about... not the things he should be talking about. A little like someone trapped to their neck in quicksand telling you about car insurance. Like bruh, doesn't even matter if what you say makes sense, you realize what you're in right?

I'm gonna be so happy if I'm right.
Makes sense to me. It would explain why Bins hasn’t been doing much in her IC role.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

I haven’t weighed in yet as I’ve been busy at work all day but will do so tonight.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 455, nonny wrote:From all this I'm between Ice and Trinity as scum. More confident in the latter so VOTE: Trinity.

Feel free to continue your regularly scheduled program. (sorry for asking votes to stop, felt like a lot was happening quickly while I was stuck re-reading, now off to bed since stayed up way too late doing all that)
Gosh, I didn’t know I could ask for posts to stop. I’d like that too. I’m really struggling to catch up with everything that’s been said during my day at work, I really don’t know where to start! I have to keep checking definitions of things, like bussing, policy lynch, WIFOM, and every time I come back there’s another long post!

Two things now: nonny- yes I’ve been having technical difficulties but I’m pretty sure I only lost a long post once. It’s possible I posted the same one twice, or referred back to that same one.

Someone mentioned that I hadn’t followed up enough on questions. If I’m happy with an answer to a question I probably won’t keep on picking away at it - it makes more sense to me to try something new, and also read what others are saying. I feel that I did enough to work out E was bad, and vote for him, and I’m hoping to do the same for the second one shortly.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 399, Bins wrote:
Basically what Skygazer said is gonna be my defence. .
What do you mean by this? I don’t understand - it doesn’t seem like much of a defence at all...
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 400, brassherald wrote:I think second scum is in Ice or Trinity.
In post 402, brassherald wrote:
In post 401, IcemanCh wrote:Can you expound on that? Why do you see trinity as scum?
POE.

Guerilla pushed E harder than anyone, so town.

I still don't buy that Bins and E would be on the same mislynch wagon, town.

Nonny was being hardcore defended by E, which even for slippy scum like E was, I would not buy, town.

Skygazer has been pretty townie to me as well with some good posts and good contribution.

Trinity has not shown to be town, so, by POE, could be scum. I liked the early questions but as conftown FormerFish pointed out, Trinity never followed up. Not town.
I feel like I followed up enough to vote on E. I’m trying!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 411, GuerillaWoo wrote:Having gone through Trinity's ISO I'd also have no issue lynching her.
Why is that?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 416, IcemanCh wrote:I feel so lost in this game sometimes. I'm struggling to figure out how Nonny is suddenly conf!town. Uggg.
I’m with you on that one! I don’t agree that she is con!town because of her defence of E. (I haven’t checked that one, but I’m assuming it means ‘confirmed town’).
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 436, Skygazer wrote:Okay lol yeah so that was pretty bad.
UNVOTE:
In post 444, Bins wrote:Why is everyone so hung up on “content” this game.
Like I feel stressed out to produce stuff but I have been playing the game. What else are you looking for? i agree with your Ice read.
In post 445, GuerillaWoo wrote:And like I actually kinda feel bad for Bins. Her partner made a stupidly risky gambit and couldn't follow through on D1. I think she would've bussed him if it were D2 or D3 but I can actually see a scum Bins tryna rescue her partner from himself. Not overtly, not by saying "I think his claim is legit", but by saying "I don't want to potentially lose the doctor."

I don't think it matters. We know our lynchpool consists of Bins, Ice, and Trinity. If the second scum is in nonny, brass, or sky then we're not gonna spend today suspecting any of em (and we'll prolly lose the game). We have no reason to, but the four of us are so motivated by the D1 scum lynch that we're pretty much determining town's trajectory on D2. Does it make sense why I think Bins is particularly lynch-worthy after those posts? She's the IC. She's uninterested in scumhunting. At best, she's sheeping someone else's PoE without acknowledging the disconnect between both Trinity reads.

I'd like to know why Trinity would buss hard.
It looks like you decided all this before all of us had even posted (at least I hadn’t). I know i’m new, but feel like I didn’t even get a chance to post following the lynch before you had formed your ‘group of four’.

Could you explain what ‘buss hard’ means?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 469, GuerillaWoo wrote:Fair enough, although forming reads based on posts made in the prior day are fair game. It's not like there's a slate that's wiped clean with every cycle.

Bussing is to "throw (one) under the bus". What Bins was saying is if you were 2.7's partner, you would've aggressively pursued his lynch.
OK, although, if I was 2.7’s partner, I would have preferred him to stay around!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 465, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 463, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 411, GuerillaWoo wrote:Having gone through Trinity's ISO I'd also have no issue lynching her.
Why is that?
Just cuz you appeal to being new a lot but then have these moments where you say something experienced. It comes off like coaching. Plus you didn't really seem to react all that much to his claim. Felt like business as usual to you. When I was rereading ISOs I tried to focus less on who actually voted for 2.7, and more on how people reacted to his doc claim. It didn't seem to faze you.

Latter goes for Bins and Ice as well. Partly what's motivating my scum reads on y'all. Less so for Ice but yeah, I gotta acknowledge it felt like he reacted coolly to the claim.
You’ve made my day! I haven’t felt like I’ve said much that sounds experienced, and have made quite a few snafus with the mechanics of posting, so it’s good to know that sometimes I sound like I know what I’m doing.

Do you think it sounds like someone has been coaching me? That would be 2.7? Or do you think I’m pretending to be new and I was coaching him?

There are probably two reasons why I didn’t react to the claim as much as some others. Firstly, I didn’t understand what was going on and what making a claim even meant. I don’t want to appeal to being new again, as I’m aware I’ve done it a lot, but there you go.

Secondly, I seem to be in a different time zone to everyone else, and by the time I see some posts, there’s already been a lot of discussion, so I have nothing new to add. Early on, I did try agreeing with what others had said, just to be involved, but got told I was just sheeping, so am trying not to do that as much (assuming sheeping is a bad thing).
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

So, after reading through everything that’s happened today, it looks like we have:

Iceman - 2 votes
Bins - 2 votes
Me - 1 vote

I am still strongly leaning towards Bins as scum because of her trying to help 2.7 and because she is doing very little in her role as IC. This could be because maybe it’s difficult to be IC and scum at the same time. (I’m basing the IC role on what I read about it in the wiki.) Of course, I could be wrong, and it could be that she is performing the perfect IC/scum role, in leaving the rest of us to battle things out between us and self-destruct, hence showing us how to play the game perfectly.

Nonny still feels suspicious to me, because of her earlier defence of 2.7, and now she is trying to point suspicion at me.

Ice looks like town to me because he is voting Bins.

Sky, brass, guerilla - I also think are town as they are doing a good job of scumhunting and raising lots of good points.

I want to vote Bins, I think this makes it L-1.

VOTE: Bins
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 472, GuerillaWoo wrote:Sheeping isn't inherently bad, the accusation just means "I don't think you arrived at this read independently and you're parroting what someone else said". A lotta times it can just be a prod, a "why did you agree with this". If you're scum and do it effectively, it isn't bad. It's really just copying someone else's homework for the grade.

I am curious, who are your scum reads currently? Now that you've gotten more of a hang on the game and what it entails, who do you think is bullshitting us? Does your disagreement with my segregating the thread into those reads extend past your inclusion in the scummy group? Just looking for your thoughts.
Thanks for that. I was just typing up my reads, so you can see who I think is bullshitting! (Sorry I don’t understand your third question - could you rephrase it thanks?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 474, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 472, GuerillaWoo wrote:Sheeping isn't inherently bad, the accusation just means "I don't think you arrived at this read independently and you're parroting what someone else said". A lotta times it can just be a prod, a "why did you agree with this". If you're scum and do it effectively, it isn't bad. It's really just copying someone else's homework for the grade.

I am curious, who are your scum reads currently? Now that you've gotten more of a hang on the game and what it entails, who do you think is bullshitting us? Does your disagreement with my segregating the thread into those reads extend past your inclusion in the scummy group? Just looking for your thoughts.
Thanks for that. I was just typing up my reads, so you can see who I think is bullshitting! (Sorry I don’t understand your third question - could you rephrase it thanks?
Just re-reading this - hope that second sentence didn’t come across as grumpy - it was meant to be a smiley face :)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 499, GuerillaWoo wrote:Right now I'm leaning Trinity.

VOTE: Trinity tell us why it shouldn't be you. Do you agree with this lynch within two strategy?
Could you explain what you mean by lynch within two strategy? I’m nit understanding this power role stuff and the strategy talk but it does seem I’ve been completely wrong about bins and nonny. So

UNVOTE:
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 514, IcemanCh wrote:I don't have super strong thoughts on trinity. Nothing super stands out to me. For all intents and purposes Trinity is neutral to me. I completely support the idea that scum is in me trinity or sky. I also accept the lynching of me and trinity first. But I'm telling you after you lunch and trinity flips town you'll need to lynch skygazer in lylo. I don't but the town trying to protect a power role.
Could you explain a bit more why you are offering yourself up as scum here? I don’t know why you would do that if you were town?

Are you saying that because we are town and not power roles, that we should get lynched first, to save the others with power roles? So we would be like a sacrifice? If so, and it helps town win, then that seems logical I guess.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

No idea what to say at this point, I’m sick in bed with the flu, so happy for you to do what you like :)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 547, Skygazer wrote:PS feel better soon Trinity
Thanks :) I’ve actually been sick for three days but didn’t want to say anything as I thought it might look like I was lying. Seriously, I don’t think I did anything right in this whole game! Pretty much the whole time I had no idea what to do. I’m sorry too 2.7 that I was of no help to you!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 566, Skygazer wrote:@Trinity: Yeah, I think you got unlucky a bit, I was ready to lynch between Bins and Ice but suddenly Bins was conftown and Ice offered himself up in the lynch pool which basically flipped my read on him. It also would've been interesting to see you try to push for a mislynch on me after my blunder.
It was my fault though that Nonny and Bins were both conf!town, I pushed too quickly on lynching Bins.

What was your blunder?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 574, Formerfish wrote:Hey scum bags, why kill me n1? It didn't seem like you were PR reading me in the scum PT, and I'm just curious.
Well, you’ll have seen I had no idea what to do, so I picked you because you seemed like the most aggressive and the thought of having to defend myself against you was scary and I didn’t know if I could do it. I thought maybe bins or nonny would be mislynched if I could swing it. Then that plan came crashing down after the claim
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 578, 2 718281828459 wrote:Also what is "the claim"? Mine, or someone else's? I never found anything.
After Nonny’s claim
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #58) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 579, Formerfish wrote:
In post 578, 2 718281828459 wrote:Also what is "the claim"? Mine, or someone else's? I never found anything.
It looks like she is talking about nonny claiming her role, and saying she jailed Bins n1, which unless there was a role blocker meant Bins was town and nonny was cleared.
So should I have made a fake claim?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”