Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 18, mozamis wrote:so rvs i sover, happy to get a wagon going on archwing
How is RVS over?
Why Arch in particular?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Impede »

In post 40, LaserGuy wrote:cytheflyguy is Town.
Second.

Comm, I'd also like to see some rationale for your wagon analysis. Seemed kind of off. I would consider it a possibility if you said there's at least one scum in Arch's wagon, but that's not super helpful to begin with.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Impede »

In post 34, Lucky2u wrote:... that just makes it seem like you picked any of the names without pattern and said scum are in there. It makes it look super lazy since there is another wagon at 2 as well so you just picked the top 2 wagons in the VC, by position in format not by vote count amount.

FoS Commknight.
Leaning town on this too.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Impede »

Sorry guys! Slowly but surely catching up. Crazy work day today. Will post as I catch up and notice anything of significance.
In post 93, Lucky2u wrote:I am asking you what YOU think valid reasoning is. I've already given you my reasoning, and last I checked I think my own reasoning is valid. Don't dodge the question. Give me an example of what you think valid reasoning is to move forward with a vote right now.
In post 94, Luca Blight wrote:You had no reasoning, just guesswork. There is no particular reason for you to believe Comm is lying about fishing for reactions, and given that everyone fishes for reactions to some degree in RVS you really need to have something to make your vote hold water.
Luca pings me pretty hard here. All of his retorts are attacks, not actual valid responses to a line of questioning. Tons of AtE rather than actual meaningful content.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Impede »

Holy hell you guys post a lot. Trying to keep up. Give me to tomorrow afternoon to get off my phone and on a PC so I can digest all this. I recognize there are votes on me. I'll respond. Just need to get to a computer. I am totally not a lurker btw. Just hardcore swept up in RL job stuff right now. I think it'll die down, but if not, I'll do you the courtesy of replacing out.

Also, regarding AtE, I misused it a bit. I was more referring to Luca's emotional as opposed to rational/reasoned responses. If you think I'm off base, tell me. More tomorrow. Need to put a readslist together to sort this mess. Should be fun.

Night all.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Impede »

Rereading the entire thread at this point, since I feel completely out of touch with this game right now. You were absolutely right about Luca. Upon reread I don't really get any emotional responses from him. Dunno where I was coming from with that. Doing a post-by-post until I get caught up and then I'll drop a readslist (which will hopefully answer a lot of questions directed at me and get at my thought process).

Spoiler: Wall of quotes
In post 55, CommKnight wrote:
In post 49, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm not a fan of the cy townreads at all. It doesn't take a townie to point out logical fallacies. Trying to turn a game of mafia into debate club is actually a scumread for me - scum's knowledge of the game won't affect their posting at all if all they're doing is arguing logic or theory.

Impede, zaraki, LG, mind explaining what makes cy town in your eyes?
^ I echo this, realize there are 4 mafia in this game. They're going to be desperate to seem townie and cause mislynches from the get-go, in fact they need at least 4 mislynches to survive and all we need to do is get 5 right town reads to stop mafia. (Any town that gets hard-townread cannot be lynched and therefore is a non-target for a mislynch.).

This game is going to really test the mafia because joining forces too early = certain loss.
The last part of this was a bit questionable for me until I realized that mafia have daytalk. This post doesn't really make sense to me coming from scum!Comm. Inclined to
townread
this.
In post 64, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 60, Luca Blight wrote:Athena, you've been questioning the reads of others but do you have any yourself?
Suspicion on those eager to write cy off as town - seems like alignment-informed players eager to insert themselves into a townblock. Early scumread on mozamis for this little bit of LAMIST, among other reasons:
In post 26, mozamis wrote:if everyone who is town could be really town, that would be great since no Nk's means we can make it hard for scum.
yes, i've read the wiki lol
VOTE: Mozamis
I like the bit about scum trying to get on a townblock. The only problem with it is that there are two "blocks" forming in this game right now that are buddying each other pretty heavily, and the way I see it, you could have scum in either or both.
In post 72, Sesq wrote: [snip]
He's lazy for saying scum are on big wagons...
[snip]
YES BECAUSE SCUM ARE USUALLY ON BIGGER WAGONS OR SO HE CLEARLY BELIEVES

this whole wagon is "i'm voting this guy because i can't read subtext." this is really PISSING me the OFF

he never mentioned archwing.. OR YOU. he specifically said "2 scum on the wagons", not the subject of.

until he made that post, it was rvs, mostly. people arent going to have their "logical" positions yet. its like "well, scum might be using these bigger wagons as an excuse to exert some early influence."

and oh my god. tunnelvision. LEARN WHAT THE TERMS MEAN BEFORE YOU USE THEM PLEASE
[snip]
"you didnt respond to my terrible argument? you must be scum!"
[snip]
I actually really don't like the way Sesq posts or responds and was inclined to scumread him for it, but if I look at this critically, this post is clearly thrown out with some very "frustrated town"-level emotion in it and it seems like it wasn't terribly well organized or thought out. He responds to certain quotes and appears to attribute them to the wrong people and misinterprets a few of the points he's responding to... maybe conf bias? seems unintentional... Pretty strong
townlean
on this.
In post 74, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 71, Luca Blight wrote:
What's to say he wasn't looking for reactions, though?

Most things done in and around RVS are for the purpose of gauging reactions in order to move the game forward.
No Luca, just no.

I legit do not know where you think this wifom line of questioning is going to go. I mean, by this logic, "what's to say" (which is just a fancy way of saying what if) I'm a sentient cow that learned to type and play mafia?

Comm did a thing that I interpreted as scummy. He was questioned about it, and then did another thing I interpreted as scummy. You are not doing a good job of convincing me it wasn't by saying "Well... what if it wasn't?"
This trajectory checks out, but we do need to entertain the possibility that Comm was just fishing for reactions so close to RVS and it more or less jives with his meta from what I can tell. I can't see scum!Comm throwing together something this haphazardly, but maybe that's his meta, so idk. Lucky, while I can believe that you actually think this, I dislike your response to Luca in general here though. He makes a valid point and you kind of dismiss it with no actual rationale. Very slight
scumlean
here.
In post 82, Luca Blight wrote:I am reading; that was what I meant by the word 'apparently'.

Yes it's wifom, but that's all your vote is based on; it has no substance. You have no evidence Comm wasn't really looking for reactions; it's pure conjecture.
In post 86, Luca Blight wrote:Basically 31 could be either scum faking contribution or Town fishing for reactions, which is more likely?

I think contribution could be faked in a much more subtle way.
These two posts can either be town!Luca trying to defuse a bad wagon or obvscum!Luca trying to defuse a wagon on a scumbuddy. I utterly refuse to entertain the second option because it's so stupid on its face, so I
townlean
on Luca for this one.
In post 89, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 88, Luca Blight wrote:Something to show his intentions are not as he claimed them to be.
Give me an actual example of this that could happen on Day 1. If you can, find an example in a finished game that did not include any day actions or weird mechanics. I will wait here while you find one.
This pings me. It's really one of those annoying "here let me give you a massive cumbersome burden of proof so you can satisfy me" arguments. Could be out of frustration, but it's really counterproductive to town. Slight
scumlean
here.

More coming...
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Impede »

How did by Zaraki get ignored? It's so delightfully odd. Some thoughts:
In post 90, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote: Second, Cy's post is
very
well composed for a scum post. Now, don't get me wrong, I've played games with very convincing scum, but there's always some... drywall sticking out. His post feels genuine.

Third, Meh. Call it gut instinct.
This is a weird defense-bordering-on-buddying. You can't call someone's post well-composed unless you have meta background for them or some evidence that they put an extraordinary amount of thought, self-consciousness, or caution into their authoring of it. Also, if you could show that they did, I would scumread that pretty hard. Scum tends much more strongly towards caution and careful, self-aware posting than town does.
In post 90, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Lastly, I'm going to use my favorite probability device, Punnett's Square. (Yes, I know it's for genetics, but I re-purposed it. It works.) This will be regarding Cy and Comm.

Let us presume the dominant gene would be town, resulting in town being (T). Scum, however would be the "recessive" gene, and thus come out as (s). So, our square would look like this.

TT | Ts
--------
Ts | ss

As we can see, the chances of only scum are fairly slim, at only a 25% chance. The chances of it being only town however, is also at a 25%. However, the chance of it being both town and scum is 50%, making it the most likely. We can also safely presume that at least one of them is town with a 75% chance of it being true. So, if we overlap the majorities, Ts is our most likely bet.
How will you ever find scum using this? If I look at your sorting of cy's posts, you are pretty generous with him. Very subjective.
In post 90, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:We then peer at Commknight. He has 7 posts.

4 of these, are defensive posts. 75% are simply while good counters, are very short, and quite frankly, answer none of the questions posed to them (33, 36, 38). The other 25% is fluff. Pure fluffy fluff. (46)

1 of his posts go to RVS, and I'm going to ignore that, as there is little value in that post, although his wording is somewhat peculiar. (Notice, he is the only one to ever mention scum as a reason for RVS).
You are notably more objective in your analysis of Comm, but you clearly were not trying to be objective in your sorting of him, so I'm inclined to discard this (even though I think you make a couple decent points).

Furthermore, the whole post counting/sorting and town/scum probability approach seems woefully unreliable to me. In fact, I'd expect scum to be much more cautious in their posting which would lead this tool to potential false scumreads of town players who are just throwing out posts based on their gut reactions. You need to go at least a layer deeper in your analysis too. Posts that go out of their way to NOT look scummy, are often written by SCUM. If you take them at face value, you are potentially getting the opposite result... this is why LAMIST is a thing.

Slight
scumlean
on Faraki from all of this. Might attribute this to his meta though, so curious what he/others have to say.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Impede »

In post 95, Sesq wrote:you seem to have not accounted for the fact that only a third of players are scum. and this statistical analysis.... it doesnt work. posts dont work like that. people dont work like that. logic doesnt work like that. nothing works like that. the only thing in mafia that even remotely works like that is votes, and even then its fairly inconsistent. and player counts i guess, but you cant do a lot with that. and maybe some other things in different setups but WHATEVER

and ultimately you just make the same conclusion you would have without the math. cy looks productive you and comm looks unproductive to you, because there is ZERO. objectivity in that report of yours. none at all. i think cy is mostly just saying lamist bullshit and meandering while comm is taking a strong but, difficult position and saying exactly what he needs to say with brevity.

hahaha luca broke. i empathize heavily.
Yeah. This. Guess Zaraki's post didn't get completely ignored lol
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Impede »

In post 107, mozamis wrote:
In post 52, Luca Blight wrote:My first serious vote will be going to a player who has had a very passive opening; in 27 he's trying to look busy, 41 is a useless post where he's just echoing what's already been said without directly involving himself with the Comm wagon, 42 is just an inexplicably easy townread.
agree with this, impedes question seemed a bit pointless when i had clealr said why i was votng archer. making a post for the sake of making a post.
FOS IMPEDE
That might be somewhat true actually. I've been so behind this game that some of my posts have been thrown out in the 5 minutes I have to stare at my phone while on the pot.

In any case, I posted my in complete ignorance of your for whatever reason. No idea why. Forgive the bad play up until now. Anything henceforth, feel free to wagon me for lol.

You DID make it clear what your vote rationale was, and it's understandable that you said RVS is over after your first serious vote. I probably would have picked up on it if it were in the same post.

On a sidenote: Moz's posting is rather sporadic and quick... lot's of multiposts, not particularly well thought out (like whoever said scum normally presses preview 15 times on every post). Normally inclined to townread this type of behavior, but I've seen him do it before and don't know his meta well enough to understand if this is just standard Moz play or if it's AI in any way.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Impede »

In post 130, mozamis wrote:OK, so P.O.E time:

Town= Moz, Sesq, Lucca, Lucky, Zaraki, Comm

So scum in: archer, impede, cyber, cult, voyager, laser guy

thats four scum in 6 , good odds!

out of those 6, gun to head i would say scum team is: archer, impede, cult and voyager
This sucks. Weak PoE. Also makes me think you're town.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Impede »

In post 143, UC Voyager wrote:Luca doesn't ATE. I don't remember seeing ATE from him, and i doubt he is actually doing it. he has a solid game style. no need to change

are you sure you know what ATE is? IF not, it is appeal to emotion. Im sure you know this though
Yeah. See my earlier post. My foot is already epically in my mouth multiple times over this game. Hoping to try and establish some added value credibility here on out.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Impede »

In post 162, Sesq wrote:HAHAHAH TWO MINUTES AFTER HE

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

ok ill read the post now

standard fluff..... whatever
In post 163, mozamis wrote:wow what a scummy load of nothingness from impede lol
In post 164, mozamis wrote:if you are town busy in RL, you would still throw out a few reads. He managed to say nothing a quite a long para.
In post 165, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Well, that sure as hell wasn't a convenient good night, right when the pressure got tougher. Impede is starting to look scummier, with his lurk play.

On an out of context side note:How ironic there's so much posting this late at night on a nightless game.
In post 166, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Ironically, I was scum in my first newbie game, and I fucked up royally. I also pulled the same, night bye! Too much pressure move.
RIP. Was basically making a "stfu and let me get around to making a real post" post. Guess that worked against me. I do alright with pressure TBH. I actually went to bed there lol. My tendency under pressure is to admit to sub-optimal play (because otherwise why would I be sus?) and apologize for being an idiot or not being contributory. I think I've already done this a couple times lmao.

Anyways. If you still think I'm off-base after my catch-up (still in progress), feel free to wagon it up. Better to clear me based on my L-1 responses or just PL me than let me drag down town's game (if that's what you think is happening).
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Impede »

In post 167, LaserGuy wrote:Post #90 from Zaraki is a hot mess. There's a lot that's weird here... like he says he townread cy between 39 and 50 when he posted that read on #43. Gives cy credit both for my reasoning (dumb tell), but also having a well-composed post which... isn't really something that is hard to fake. Big probability argument that doesn't prove anything. This all looks like bs to me, and this seems like a really excessive explanation to his initial read in #43. I don't believe for a second this was his reasoning at the time he posted his townread of cy. Leaning scum on him, and if Zaraki is scum, would not be surprised if one of cy or Comm turns up scum as well.

Sesq looking good. Lucky looking scummy, Luca too. (Did we seriously have a Lucca, Luca and Lucky? Can we lynch of these characters on general principle?)

Comm is null. Did he ever explain why he made that initial post about the wagons? Doesn't really look like it. #55 of his is bothering me a bit, but need to think on it some more.

I don't like #126/#127 from mozamis. FoS on a replacement that has just joined the game off a null slot? Townread on lucky for effort? Bleh.

Impede has done nothing productive so far. Archwing is just as bad.
Agree with most of this. I don't think Luca is particularly scummy. Would be interested to see the rationale for that. Agree with your assessment of Moz, but I think it's just "not the best" town play rather than an actual scumtell.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Impede »

Finally caught up. Here's where I'm at as far as reads. Not going to post a ton of rationale since I need to get back to work (on lunch right now), but most of it is in my previous posts from the past hour. Feel free to question anything in particular that doesn't jive and I'll explain.

Town
to
Null
to
Scum
:

Sesq, Moz

UCV*, Luca, Cy
----slight
Laser*, Comm
----leaning town
CoA*, Arch('s slot)*
----leaning scum
Lucky, Zaraki

*indicates a need for more content. Don't feel great about these reads.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Impede »

I think I want to switch Luca and Moz after looking at that again. Meh.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Impede »

I'm townreading both of them to be clear. Definitely not an OMGUS lol. I think I townread Luca moreso than Moz... hence that comment.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Impede »

In post 188, Sesq wrote:Obvious Scum Gets Caught And Moves To The Side With All The Town

also, don't be like "well, you're actually kinda wrong about these things;" when you can't say why i am, because i am not, because i have never made any mistake this entire game. i am the flawless townie. Breathe. Breathe.

you still look like scum.
Lynch me then. If you're going to be irrational and not provide measured responses and confirmation bias me the entire game, it would be easier for me and better for town if we got it over with.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Impede »

In post 194, UC Voyager wrote:why would you ask someone to lynch you?

tbh, this looks like ATE to me. and the fact you were trying use ATE earlier disturbs me.
Because he's clearly not read my posts and is falling victim to conf bias. Don't like his playstyle at all. If I'm going to be on the receiving end of it all game for no reason then I'll either have to get used to ignoring it or end up dead. It's a waste because I feel relatively strongly that he's town and should be going after players presenting legitimate scumtells.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Impede »

In post 98, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 94, Luca Blight wrote:You had no reasoning, just guesswork. There is no particular reason for you to believe Comm is lying about fishing for reactions, and given that everyone fishes for reactions to some degree in RVS you really need to have something to make your vote hold water.
Youre still not providing an example, because you can't provide one. We are just evaluating people's reactions in interactions and deciding ourselves wether it's coming from scum or town. Let's turn this around Luca, we are several pages in, what are your reads and why? **disclaimer, I will be using your own logic to your reads, so unless you read the entire playlist as null, I'll expect you to defend your opinions against "There is no particular reason for you to believe that X is Y"
This is kind of irrational and not town-productive. You must know that you would never get the level of rationale you required in . Why are you pretending like it was a fair request? And how would you define "Luca logic"?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Impede »

In post 201, UC Voyager wrote:lol. why did i think this said you were scum reading moz and Luca...... my bad. i miss read
All good lol. I definitely agree that confbias is a town move. Hence why I'm accusing my strongest town read of being guilty of it.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Impede »

Oh hell RVS is over. Need to remove this.
UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Impede »

In post 203, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 197, Impede wrote:And how would you define "Luca logic"?
You can't prove it, thus you shouldn't act on it. For example, whats your scum case on me?

Doesn't matter, you don't have proof I'm not just bad town so you shouldn't scum read me.
I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think he was cautioning you from making a scum read on something that is heavily WIFOM-laden
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 208, Lucky2u wrote:I'm obviously taking it to the extreme but I don't feel my reason for voting comm was wifom at all
How is it not? Scum!Comm could be trying to distract from actual scum and Town!Comm could be reaction fishing. Both of these are equally legitimate possibilities, esp since we were so close to RVS. Do you disagree?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 199, UC Voyager wrote:Luca has a really good play style. i have seen him figure out who the scum is several times. He takes a good approach to the game as well. What he is doing now isn confbias. if he was confbias, he would probably be on me right now.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73370
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73677
these are some examples of when i confbias. confbias generally doesn't happen til nylo or mylo.
@UCV
: Just to be super clear, I think we understand each other now more or less, but don't want you to think incorrectly. I was referring to Sesq with the confbias comment. In fact I don't think I've addressed Luca directly much at all. Also, what is "NYLO"? Typo?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 211, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:NYLO I would presume means No-lynch and lose.
Ah, so same as LYLO then.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 215, Luca Blight wrote:He has also made a lot of 'on the fence' comments, as is his style as scum:
There's some definite fence–sitting happening. Can't say if there is an actual attempt at pocketing, but I don't really know UCVs meta
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 230, CultOfAthena wrote:Don't worry about it.
Draaaaaamaaaaa
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 231, Sesq wrote:this buzzword string is a fucking perfect storm of comedy

@voy its not ate. its lamist
The only buzzword was confirmation bias, for the record. It is a bit LAMIST admittedly. I just wanted you to say something meaningful instead of just posting your blurted out, hair-trigger reactions

Pedit: @Luca: I tend to be a strike two voter. Once I convince myself that I agree there's scumminess on more than one occasion, I'll hop right on. I haven't ISO'd UCV yet, so give me a minute.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 235, CommKnight wrote:{Luca, Cult, Sesq}
{cy, UC}
{Zaraki, Impede, Laser}
{Lucky, moza, Zulfy}

Getting a better feel of people now and moza and Lucky are definitely on the bottom right now. Luca, Cult and Sesq are off the table for today (though Sesq is definitely being looked at more in future days), Cy and UC are more town leans and the rest are more meh. Zulfy is more of an educated gut feel.

People should vote Lucky.
Comm, why do you townlean Cy and scum lean Moza?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Impede »

Cy, what makes you think CoA is towny?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 253, Sesq wrote:dont care what you think. play better

VOTE: impede
Are you my dad?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 262, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Also, poliy lynching for not playing to your ideal of good town play is no good. Scum need lynching, not townies.
Who is the townie in this scenario?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Impede »

How do you know that I'm Town? No one thus far has really townread me with any confidence.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Impede »

In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:I've seen some questioning of townreads on me which implies that either the people asking those questions disagree or are having trouble forming their own reads on me. @Those people, what're your takes on me?
You've been one of my null-leaning-scum reads, but it was mostly for lack of content. You're posting since seems to be town-motivated. I think I'll leave you as Null, but might be leaning a bit more Town than before. Once I reformulate my readslist, I'll do some more in-depth analysis.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Impede »

I think the case against UCV is decent based on not having any flip data. I want to know though:
@Luca
, for the sake of argument, what would you consider the
not scummy
alternative to UCV's behavior. In other words, what set of criteria would cause you to form a townread on him?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 339, Luca Blight wrote:Basically you're asking me how UCV's behaviour this game could come from a Town perspective?

If so, you should ask that question to whoever is against UCV's lynch.
Not really what I was getting at.

But I think I've seen enough. The fence sitting looks bad enough, but combined with that jankity vote it just comes off wrong.

VOTE: UC Voyager
This is L-2 by my count
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Impede »

Meh. It's a lose-lose tbh. He flips scum and you'll accuse me of bussing, he flips town and you'll accuse me of being scum trying to fly under the radar. I'm more or less resigned to getting lynched sooner than later. Hoping I can conjure up some added value analysis for you all to ignore until it gains credibility when I flip.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Impede »

@Luca: I wasn't asking you to defend your read (Moz...) or defend a town!UCV position. I was asking you what behavior you would expect from town!UCV. He is accusing you of scumreading him no matter what. So in what scenario would you say "damn UCV seems towny af right now".

pedit: @UCV: my vote was parked on Moz from RVS, not on you. Dunno why you'd ask this. Also your question about what your town meta is is exactly what I'm getting at with my Q to Luca
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 352, mozamis wrote:anothe rgood reason impede is scu, for asking such an awful "lawyer" like question.
Lawyers ask questions with the goal of discrediting the person they are asking or catching them in self-incrimination. Why WOULDN'T you be asking lawyer questions?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 365, Luca Blight wrote:Impede - I understand your question now. I still don't want to answer it however for a couple of reasons: a) it will influence how UCV is playing now and b) it will influence him in possible future games which will make it harder for me to read him.
Fair, as long as you are being honest with yourself. If he flips town you're going to come under a lot of scrutiny.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 363, mozamis wrote:@ Impede - you are voting UV. So you think he is scum, right?
and yet you are more concerned with arguing with Lucca than pshing your scum read. you are scum.
If you had a brain, you'd realize I'm questioning Luca with the GOAL of boosting the credibility of his read (or potentially undermining it if his read is bad). You're impossible
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 369, Luca Blight wrote:Are you saying if UCV flips Town you would be scumreading me?
Doubt it. I think you're being genuine. But people tend to be quite shallow.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Impede »

@UCV: Buddying and fence sitting are great scumtells. You have to read personality/meta into it though because certain people (myself included) tend to be hesitant to state hard and fast conclusions without a great degree of confidence and might have a naturally agreeable disposition. This can come off like fencesitting and buddying. That's why I wanted to try to understand your meta a bit more, but having my second-biggest townread say "I know this guy and this is his scum game" kind of puts the nail in the coffin IMO. But that's also why I asked him what he thinks your town meta looks like.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 409, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of someone lynched so often day one, and I'm wondering when some element of frustration would come into that.
This. This is what gives me pause. Is his frustration due to Luca falsely scumreading him? Or because he doesn't want to be "that scum" that gets lynched on D1 and it's all happening because Luca reads him like a book?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Impede »

It's generally scummy to not be on a wagon unless you have demonstrated a trajectory towards a townread of that person. This game is A bit unique however... no NK means that scum necessarily have to wagon effectively, so I think Moz's observation that this wagon is slow is most definitely a good sign. Although I'd expect a crap ton of bussing D1 and possibly D2 (at least until we lynch scum), so there's a chance multiple scum are on this wagon already to get their bus pass (just made up that term... hope it catches on).
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Impede »

@CoA: you should hop on. L-1 is quite a powerful tool for town. Not like you're signing the death certificate just yet.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Impede »

Did you read my response to your initial bussing accusation? If not, you should. I'm not arguing with Luca, I asked the question I asked with the intent of making sure that he was confident in his meta read.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Impede »

I also just got finished telling CoA why they should vote. Also, why are you talking about hammer? Unless I'm mistaken, we are still at L-2.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Impede »

I disagree that Luca is conftown if UCV flips scum. Scum have daytalk and wacky gambits are very possible. I'll explain more postflip.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Impede »

Meh. I think you get a free pass regardless, but I'll wait to say why so as not to influence behavior.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Impede »

In post 481, Luca Blight wrote:He makes a point of stating UCV as a town-lean, but without any actual explanation for this.
I did the same thing FYI. Although granted it was based off of insufficient content at the time.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Impede »

Lmao... If we go 4/4 on lynches this game I'm having a plaque made for Luca.

Now that we are post-flip I could explain why I would townread Luca quite hard even if UCV flipped town, but I'd rather not offer it up as a tool for a free townread for scum going forward. Although you can probably guess why.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Impede »

In post 478, cytheflyguy wrote:Holy fucking shit.

I'm too tired to actually respond to what happened.

But holy shit.
This is manufactured.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Impede »

In post 324, cytheflyguy wrote:Including myself and excluding UVC, there are four other people who gave little/literally no reasoning for their reads. I feel that UVC's meta has blinded you in the order of who you want to lynch, but these should be addressed as well down the line if we're reasoning that poor reads=a larger likelihood of being scum or not.
Sesq already remarked this in his own way, but most of the readslists you posted actually did have rationale associated with them, but they were in that person's ISO. It's not uncommon for someone to form opinions on events/posts as they transpire and then summarize them in a readslist at some point. I can't see how you'd be so detached from this game to actually hold this opinion...

This also aged poorly, as now that we know UCV is scum, it comes off as Alignment-Informed. "I feel that UVC's meta has blinded you in the order of who you want to lynch, but
these should be addressed as well down the line
if we're reasoning that poor reads=a larger likelihood of being scum or not." I could be wrong, but that bolded portion almost says "once we lynch UCV and he flips scum, we should also scrutinize these people".

On the other hand, it's kind of obvscum to come to the defense of a partner on D1, but Occam's Razor and all....
VOTE: cytheflyguy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Impede »

In post 493, cytheflyguy wrote:I'm sorry but this is such a bad argument. Are you're saying I made a good point at a time but it's too good because it seems like I knew UVC's role?
Definitely not saying you made a good point, so you can rest easy there.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Impede »

In post 493, cytheflyguy wrote:I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit. I was pointing out his hypocrisy as well. We could only judge UVC off of what we knew unless we did the meta ourselves. Luca never once gave quotes from other games with UVC. UVC did the same thing other people did with the four fucking posts Luca called UVC out on. But however they, for some unknown reason, did not appear on Luca's radar as hard. He was truly blinded by his tunnel. He was also correct. These are not mutually exclusive terms.
Who cares? He was right, and IMO he was right for the right reasons. Do you still question his rationale? You must see that it wasn't purely meta-based. There were a couple conclusions that were easier to come to based on meta (i.e: that it wasn't JUST UCV's personality that made him fence-sit and buddy).

Why are you getting so worked up? We're just following logical conclusions. No need to get all defensive. There's not even a wagon on you yet, and if there was, it would be reckless to pursue it overly quickly when we still have the entire day left. You have plenty of time to try to act town before L-1.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Impede »

In post 511, LaserGuy wrote:Luca cases UCV in 303, so interactions following this are ones where Scum!Impede needs to decide whether to defend his buddy or not. #338 he sort of defends UCV ("what would you consider the not scummy alternative to UCV's behavior?", then goes for the vote on him in 347. He makes an attempt to defend his #338 question when moz and Luca give him a hard time about it, but drops this line very quickly, with only a half-hearted attempt again in 411. Interestingly, while there's tonnes of back-and-forth between Impede/UCV prior to Luca's case, they go totally silent on each other as soon as Luca starts going after UCV in earnest.
How are you guys this absurdly dense?!?! Was my THAT difficult to understand?! The number one objection to Luca's read of UCV was that he always scumreads UCV regardless of behavior. What's the easiest way to prove that wrong? If Luca provides a contrasting scenario where he would hypothetically TOWNREAD UCV. This is what I was asking for. I was by no means defending UCV.

Luca understood the question. Moz STILL doesn't which is annoying af because he keeps asking me and accusing me of the same crap.

Also, think for a second WHY I was responding to UCV so much. There was a lot of pressure on me and I was being questioned BY UCV. When the pressure shifted to UCV, this back and forth ceased (especially since UCV kept misreading/mischaracterizing my posts and laid off it once I cleared it up).

Take your scumglasses off for a second and look at the situation objectively.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Impede »

In post 516, Impede wrote:Luca understood the question.
I should clarify. Luca didn't understand the question right away, but did shortly after I clarified in , at which point he declined to provide the answer.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Impede »

In post 512, Sesq wrote:dickriding
gross
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #60) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Impede »

In post 513, cytheflyguy wrote:I'm not saying that meta in itself is bad, I'm saying that his execution of it was poor. There was nothing to take him on other than his word.
Why are you still arguing this? You're such a broken record tbh. You are arguing a moot point. We lynched scum BECAUSE Luca successfully scumread UCV. Are you saying it was purely dumb luck?

Let me break it down...
• We lynched UCV because of excessive buddying/fence-sitting as well as fake scumhunting/sheeping. <---- This is an absolutely solid scum case on someone D1.
• UCV mounted a half-decent defense of his behavior, which may have caused the wagon to waiver a bit. However, Luca used meta to completely defuse these arguments.
• Why would we take Luca at his word? Who's to say he's not just scum going for an easy ML? <--- First, this would be dumb af because he would be a prime lynch candidate D2. Second, he was very widely townread at this point. What is the point in townreading someone if you can't trust what they say?

All that being said... What's your read on Luca now? Are you content with him more or less leading the charge on scumhunting today and likely D3 as well? Or are you still hung up on your "misgivings" about his (highly effective) use of meta?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Impede »

In post 506, mozamis wrote:cyfly is town.
Really? You townread him because of his timezone argument? Or is there more to this?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Impede »

I'll be LA for the rest of the weekend. I'm caught up as far as reading, but less so in terms of analyzing. I think a PL is warranted on Zulfy, but the flip doesn't give us any info really. I still prefer a Cy lynch tbh. Don't really like CoA's tone, but idk their meta... Content seems alright.

In any event. I'll post more Monday. Will park this here for the time being:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zulfy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 584, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 571, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 562, LaserGuy wrote:
We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

What's the need to deal with him today as opposed to in the future? Presumably if the lurking is actually due to real life reasons and not an in-game strategy, that should be cleared up sometime later. This seems uncharacteristically concise and nonanalytical, compared to my playerimage of you.
Remember, there is no night kills or power roles in this setup. Therefore the usual reasons for not wanting to lynch lurkers, or even marginally scummy players don't really exist here... we don't risk losing a strong townie voice or PR by lynching them. We just lose a slot that we can't read. It's likely that sooner or later, especially once we get down to only one or two scum left, we're probably just going to have to systematically lynch a couple of the players that people are fairly uncertain about, and that's fine. We have mislynches to spare, and with each scum we lynch, we can afford to lose another townie.

Yes, Zulfy could someday produce some great content that would make it worth keeping them around. Frankly, I think their content will need to be truly speculator to get them up to near-conftown status. Or they could continue to lurk and prod dodge for the foreseeable future. How much time is worth waiting for them to do something on the off-chance that they contribute something of value?
I like this lots. Agree to your points.

If Zulfy flips red, Laser is conftown in my book. Even if Zulfy's town, this seems towny to me
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 591, mozamis wrote:VOTE: unvote
the speed of this lynch is worrying.
and impede just "parking" that vote there, when zulfy cant be far from being lynched?
Migth even be Impede signalling to his scu buddies that he wants them to lynch Zulfy "I'm defintely gonna be on this wagon, lads"
Mafia have daytalk bruh. Scum!Impede wouldn't need to "signal".
Still catching up on Zulfy's recent posts. I'll see if it's worth an unvote. I still like Cy tbh
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 608, mozamis wrote:ah ok forget they day chat, doesnt matter
sesq, if you think cult is scum vote for him. doesnt matter if we have different reasons.
Lol sorry just read this.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #66) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Impede »

I'm leaving my vote on Zulfy.
@Zulfy: Why did you lurk so hard after replacing in? That's pretty atypical in my 3 games of experience :facepalm:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #67) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Impede »

Still see very little town-contribution coming from Zulfy, but a PL isn't really called for at this stage. No Zulfy lynch today methinks.
UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #68) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 633, CultOfAthena wrote:Out of those the first would be cy and the last would be Zaraki. That's simply a hierarchy given those options, however, and presents a false image of my true reads. I doubt I would be willing to vote any of those three today.
What are your true reads? What prevents you from voting ANY of the lynch pool that Luca posited?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #69) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 649, Luca Blight wrote:If this was Comm trying to gambit then I don't think the Mod would have responded to it, which makes me feel it perhaps was a genuine townslip.

Not enough to confirm Comm as Town (particularly when his play this game has been poor) but enough for me to leave him alone for today.
On board with this.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #70) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 653, Luca Blight wrote:I'm gonna chop the lynch pool down to three.

LaserGuy
Impede
Zaraki

One of these is being lynched today.
I responded to Laser's "case" against me in in my . The issue kinda fell dead after that. If you have concerns, it's much more town-beneficial to air them and question the individuals regarding their behavior than just throw out blanket lynch lists.

Worth noting that I also completely agree that there is 1-2 scum in this list.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 682, Sesq wrote:im going to eat my own ass
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #72) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 680, CultOfAthena wrote:I scumread other people more than them.
In all fairness, this sucks. I realize you're tired of Luca grilling you, but you could at least give me the time of day. I'd like to be able to feel good about your content, but I don't. Help me out.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #73) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 704, mozamis wrote:
In post 701, CultOfAthena wrote:Given that nobody seems to be picking up on what I've been saying, I'll say it a little more explicitly - mozamis is scum.
ah the invetibale frustrated scum "OMGUS" - attack is best form of defence, eh?!
Done it myself.
Although you give yourself away lol "no one seesm to be picking up on what I'm saying" i.e the SHADE I'VE BEEN THROWING lol
This reeks of scum.

Going to try and make time during my lunch tomorrow to drop some updated reads. Sorry for being semi lurky. Life is busy and I live and work right in the middle of all the So Cal fires. Don't think I'll get evacuated, but it's been hectic.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #74) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 724, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 722, Luca Blight wrote:What's the benefit of letting LaserGuy off the hook for free?
Who said anything about that? You're ignoring all of my points on mozamis today, with the point that they can be discussed tomorrow. Why wait until tomorrow to discuss them?
This is towny. I'm annoyed by Moz's play style right now, but I initially townread him. Feeling scummier with some recent posts, but I think he deserves an ISO. I may jump on this.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #75) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Impede »

I'm unconvinced that Laser is scum. Your case against him seems shallow. I have more townleans in his content than scumleans. I think defending UCV is too obvscum and it came off more as him questioning your tunneling. Idk what to make about him coming along to hammer. If he really disagreed with the lynch, it seems odd for him to run in and hammer unless he's scum desperate for towncred. Also kinda obvscum imo
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (isolation #76) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Impede »

FML. If we lynch him and he flips scum I'm going to be so pissed when I'm next lol.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #77) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Impede »

Going to try and make a case for either Moz or CoA tomorrow. ISO and potentially meta dive.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #78) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Impede »

Fine. I think I have a decent case for CoA, but I'll wait til tomorrow. Don't see any sense in defusing what seems like a town wagon.

This isn't my favorite lynch, but upon scumlensing Laser's ISO, I can see some D1 fence-sitting and a lot of D2 opportunism. If nothing else, this flip will be heavily informative, as Laser is quite selective with whose reads he agrees with and whose he decides to question or try to discredit.

VOTE: Laser

This is L-1.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #79) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 am

Post by Impede »

VOTE: Athena

Case to follow.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (isolation #80) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Impede »

In post 802, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm dying. I'm choking to death on irony. It's too much - someone please send help.
Just saw this and lol'd. Definite pot calling the kettle black.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #81) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Impede »

In post 419, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 418, mozamis wrote:c'mon zulfer and cult, time to bus to earn that town cred!
Yes, and I'm sure if I'm off the wagon and UCV flips town it'll be scum avoiding a mislynch for town cred, right?

The propsect of joining the UCV wagon with the people on it currently gives me pause. I think I'm going to forego my typical multi-responses and just leave it at this for today. I'd like to see how this unfolds and to hear a bit more from UCV as well as some other inactive slots.
In post 425, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 423, Impede wrote:@CoA: you should hop on. L-1 is quite a powerful tool for town. Not like you're signing the death certificate just yet.
I'm fine, for now. See .
In post 472, CultOfAthena wrote:Well played. Luca is all but confirmed town to me now.
In post 524, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 483, Luca Blight wrote:Basically what I'm doing here is creating a lynch pool for us to consider today. Next one up is
Athena

I've disliked Athena's posts throughout to be honest - it feels as though she is always looking at the game at an abstract level without really getting involved or posting anything of relevance.
What makes you read this as an alignment tell rather than just a personality trait or posting style? Also, in my defense, nobody ever engaged me at the same level that they engaged others - just look at my attempt to start a conversation get shut down.

Spoiler:
In post 420, CultOfAthena wrote:Actually, let's talk about that - where does your scumread on me come from?
In post 421, mozamis wrote:no, lets focus on uv today. nice try, though.
your hopeless equivocation is noted.
Furthermore, she pretty much avoided directly tackling the UCV issue and instead appeared to discreetly take the conversation in different directions. Her posts regarding cytheflyguy have also been interesting and should be looked into more if one of these two were to flip red.
In post 285, CultOfAthena wrote:By the way, here's a fresh take that's sure to get some debate started - there really isn't all that great of a reason for Luca to be as widely townread as he is.
First we have this post which comes when I'm pressing for more votes on UCV. It came out of the blue, and I'm wondering if the motivation behind it was to discredit my opinion on UCV. 1

In every post she makes after my vote on UCV she ignores the issue and tries to guide the conversation elsewhere, such as in , , , etc etc. 2

In , when I was clearly committed to lynching UCV she asks me what I think of Sesq, Moz and Zaraki - again it feels like she's trying to deflect my attention away from UCV, who she still hasn't mentioned at this point. 3

- Finally she says something about UCV (who is L-2 at this point) and it's a soft-defence of him.

- Explains that the people on the UCV wagon gives her pause. She has still offered no actual opinion on UCV herself by this point and this excuse feels like a cop-out. She then continues to talk about things unrelated to UCV.

- Congratulates me and says I'm conf Town now to her, possibly an early attempt to get in my good books ahead of D2.
1 If I were scumbuddies with UCV I would have hopped on his wagon in a heartbeat. Defending him would be an exercise in futility in addition to drawing town focus to myself. Especially in a nightless setup, trying to get all the town credit possible is essential - hence why I'm so suspicious of the others on the wagon, among other reasons. What do you think my motivations for defending UCV would be as scum? It's incredibly doubtful that he makes it anywhere past day 3 anyways - if we're scumbuddies all I do is incriminate myself.

2 Responding to the rest of the game can hardly be called "guiding the conversation elsewhere" - the idea that one conversation needs to be so dominating seems counterproductive to me.

3 I was asking for your opinion. Do you truly believe that nearly every post I made last day phase was an attempt at preventing UC Voyager's lynch? I can understand if you scumread me, but don't start constructing narratives.
In post 525, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 499, mozamis wrote:
In post 482, Lucky2u wrote:I didn't actually expect Luca to be so right.
and me :P

maybe cyfly. but impede, laser and cult need to be looked at.
"Guys, wait - don't forget about
my
town cred!"
In post 506, mozamis wrote:cyfly is town.
mayeb impede is town, his posts today do look town.
i think cult nad laser are prob scum. they were SO reluctant to lynch UV, but didnt have any reasons, didnt really push anyone else.
You're not thinking this through, and if you are then it's on the most basic of levels. This is a nightless setup - scum have no ability to kill off the voices they do not want to be heard. Convincingly acting townie is far and away the most important thing for scum to do. With that in mind, certainly if I had foreknowledge of UCV's alignment I would set myself up for failure by playing in the manner in which I did. The fact that it doesn't even seem like you're considering the possibility of bussing gives me confidence in the idea that scum were definitely hard bussing UCV.
In post 548, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 546, Luca Blight wrote: It's possibly a play style, although choosing not to posts things of relevance would be a rather odd one.
The idea that I don't post anything of relevance is unsubstantiated. I'm sharing my opinions, asking questions and pointing out contradictions just the same as others. Anyone could get an good idea of where I'm at with my reads just by reading through my ISO. Personally, I think people probably say this because I condense my comments into a single response rather than making multiple posts. That or they're all scum trying to discredit me, but the first option sounds less paranoid.
In post 546, Luca Blight wrote: This is all WIFOM - the evidence is there in black and white but obviously you can twist it to suit any angle you want.

I think you wouldn't
'jump on his wagon in a heartbeat'
for two reasons - a) losing a scummate on D1 is a huge blow in the setup and b) your bussing might be in vain anyway as people would assume scum would bus, which is what you are doing now.

I don't get why it took you so long to even mention UCV, and the fact that you made a soft-defence at the same time looks bad on you. Yes you can talk about other stuff, but you literally were completely avoiding the entire UCV issue for most of D1, which was the main talking point of the game.
I thought you might say this - the idea that I deliberately went against the optimal play just to make this point is a ridiculous one. Obviously it wasn't getting me townread day one and obviously it hasn't gotten me townread today. In no world does my play yesterday place me in a better position today than bussing would - if I had foreknowledge of UCV's alignment I never would have even considered it.

Why is losing a scummate D1 a huge blow? Especially when it's UCV, bussing a scummate D1 likely puts scum in a better position than a mislynch would.

My bussing might be in vain? I want you to consider two points on this one. The first is that even if people don't townread my bussing, it still places me in a better position than my play has placed me today. The second is that there is only one person in your lynch pool today who was on the UCV wagon.
In post 615, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 592, mozamis wrote: Cults last few posts once again post very littel in content really, not any reads, just arguing and point scoring.
This is totally wrong and I'm no longer going to sit quiet while I get accused of this. The last
fifteen
or so posts have all been completely relevant game content - me asking Luca about his read on me, talking about the likelihood of bussing UCV, talking about Luca's "embargo", so on and so on. You're just attempting to discredit me - anyone actually reading my posts can clearly see that they're not devoid of content. People should take note of this - scum can't kill off the voices they don't want to hear but if they can silence them or discredit them then the effect is the same.
In post 596, mozamis wrote:
In post 573, CultOfAthena wrote:So do the reasons that you think I'm scum go beyond my relation to the UC Voyager lynch?
THIS IS A SCUM POST.
Scum are always desperate to know WHY people are voting for them, so they can "refute" the point. Town often dont really care why people are vitng for them, or will just tell the other person to STFU etc
Don't project your own playstyle onto me, and don't be so ignorant as to believe that townies could never play in the manner in which I do. The reason I ask people why they're scumreading me is to examine their
motivations
, the most reliable indicator of alignment that I've found outside of a cop investigation. It also has the effect of checking their consistency. Town will change their reads because their mind has been changed by something, scum will change their reads as convenient to them.
In post 597, mozamis wrote:i also several times have mentioned the fact that i thought Impede may have busssed.
Yes, there's one person you think may have bussed - the rest of your readslist matches up so closely with the UCV wagon such that that point doesn't really mean anything. If you really are town here, are you
seriously
not more suspicious of the people on the wagon than off? That's the first rule of vote count analysis: when scum is lynched day one, look on the wagon. Especially in a nightless setup where scum need all the town cred they can get and especially when that scum lynched is UC Voyager, the easiest lynch there is and the slot who's probably the least likely to make endgame, I'm going to think that scum bussed hard. I honestly wouldn't be surprised this game if all three remaining scum were on the wagon.
JK. I managed to convince myself upon a reread that my case actually puts CoA in a null-leaning-town read. FML. Moving on... I don't see much merit to lynching her today. The only "scummy" vibes I get are related to tone and to her opposition to the UCV lynch, however, I'm extremely disinclined to think that she would do ANYTHING obvscum on D1 in this game. I also don't really see any strong connection/avoidance of a particular player or cohesion with anyone. That being said, with daytalk, this could be part of Scum's strategy, but I don't find it sustainable if that's the case... eventually we should be able to discern at least one common thread of motivation amongst scum. I'm seeing some frustrated town vibes from her and maybe a little bit too much of an aversion to sheeping towny players, but this is not scum-indicative in my book. In any event, I'm going to check out Zaraki and see what I come up with.

UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (isolation #82) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Impede »

Wow wtf. Sorry for the wall post. I had been collecting quotes, but they didn't show up in my quick-reply window. Meant to delete those. Sorry!
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #83) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Impede »

@Moz:
Do you think Zaraki would be so quick to hammer town?

On the other hand - He posted this:
In post 804, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:I honestly find Laser scummy, not hammering this post to see if any last arguments.

My next post I will hammer if nothing new.
Then it looks like he got too excited and wanted to get his hammer in (posted 20 mins later... hardly a ton of time for "any last arguments"):
In post 805, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Hammer.

Vote: LaserGuy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (isolation #84) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Impede »

I'm unconvinced that Zaraki is scum tbh. He has a fair trajectory toward his hammer of Laser, he seems genuine in his questioning of Luca's authority, and he doesn't really do any of the fence-sitting of Laser that I would expect from scum knowing their lynch will flip green.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #85) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 838, mozamis wrote:
In post 833, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:I can't win, because either way you'll read my vote or lack thereof as scummy.
this might be a scum tell. i have seen this recently from scum "Oh, I'm damne di fi do, I'm damned if i don't". It's a form of Ate i guess. Kinda "Not fair, not fair, you caught me for unfair reasons!".
Very close to voting Zaraki.
I say stuff like this as town when I feel like I'm being tunneled. Don't think this is AI.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #86) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 844, Luca Blight wrote:Having to second-guess this lurker/half-arsed kind of playstyle has to be the worst thing in this game.

Do us all a favour and either play properly or replace-out.
QFT
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (isolation #87) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Impede »

I think I'll wait til L-1 to say anything about this. In the meantime though, I can state with confidence that I am not in favor of an Impede wagon.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (isolation #88) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Impede »

In post 846, Lucky2u wrote:VOTE: Impede

This or CoA would be a good lynch today.
Sorry, I know I said I'd wait, but this is nagging.

Lucky never answered your question. Did you expect to get an answer? If you suspect him of being scum, why sheep his vote before he states his rationale? You must have your own rationale, right?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #89) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Impede »

In post 859, Lucky2u wrote: You say this like I was never going to answer or posted without answering....

No, I said it like you didn't answer and Luca proceeded to vote me anyway.
In post 859, Lucky2u wrote: Impede has flip flopped on several reads.
Do you think this is a scumtell?
In post 859, Lucky2u wrote:He defended ucv.
I hardly defended him. But I did challenge Luca's meta read of him. I definitely wasn't the only one, and I see that as part of town's due diligence to avoid MLs. I hopped on once I was relatively satisfied.
In post 859, Lucky2u wrote:He has used "fine just Lynch me" statements a few times.
This is NAI unless you have meta to back it up (which you don't).
In post 859, Lucky2u wrote:He words things in a way that misrepresent the people he is talking about.
This is actually a HUGE scumtell and I applaud you for using it. However, you do not have any examples because I have never done this (at least not intentionally).
In post 860, Lucky2u wrote:Oh and I forgot he voted for zulfy and cy yesterday. As I've stated, I'm against the low activity PL. However if they keep prod dodging instead of replacing out, I'll concede to it being scum motivated.
Yeah, I'd do it again too.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #90) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Impede »

I want to vote Lucky because of how imbecilic that rationale was, but I feel like I'm just annoyed and it would be an OMGUS, so I'll hold off until I can deep dive him a bit.

pedit: @Moz - We won't know unless we see a flip. That's pretty speculative tbh. But "I'm against PLs" is a great way to look towny while defending a scumbuddy.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #91) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Impede »

You need to respond to me, and endeavor to type something meaningful.

All of your arguments are based on principal or
nothing at all
. The items you are declaring as scumtells are at BEST unreliable, and at worst, townleaning.

Your responses when questioned about your reads/arguments feel utterly fabricated. You are literally trying to milk scumreads out of relatively innocuous or outright
towny
content. Why?

VOTE: Lucky

I'm interested to see what others think about this.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #92) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Impede »

It was nicely tailored to the way you've been behaving over the past several posts. If I need to elaborate further, I will.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (isolation #93) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by Impede »

Who the hell cares? We all voted him. Town MLs. It's a reality of this game. It's a moot point unless you think someone actually demonstrated scum motive to facilitate a ML
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (isolation #94) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Impede »

It was more directed at Zaraki, but the argument is basically pointless. You still have credibility, but it isn't a blank check. If you want to retain it, be damn sure we lynch scum today. I feel good about Lucky, but I don't want to be sheeped. Everyone on this wagon better have some damn fine rationale, because if he flips green, we're all going to have some 'splaining to do.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (isolation #95) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Impede »

Athena makes a good point. It's epically WIFOM to say whether scum were or weren't on the Laser wagon. Obviously they'd be hesitant, but I don't think we can PoE everyone on the wagon. Instead we should be looking for people who tried to advertise their dislike of the lynch and either hopped on anyway or stuck to their guns for reasons that aren't apparent or consistent. This would indicate someone who is alignment informed.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #96) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 912, CultOfAthena wrote:Hm? Was this with regards to me? I'm not really getting the analogy to the situation.
Yeah figured this would cause confusion lol. Was referring to Moz (the pot) referring to you (the kettle). Yay for having to overexplain bad jokes!
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #97) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 918, mozamis wrote:cult, zaraki and cy.
Game over.
DEAR FUTURE IMPEDE, IF THIS IS CORRECT, PLAY WITH MOZ MORE.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #98) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Impede »

I could get behind a Zulfy lynch (as I said yesterday). He literally posts just enough to stay off of our collective radar. Kind of a win win unless he replaces. Not the kind of player you want around in the late game.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #99) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Impede »

Luca, Sesq, Moz, Athena, and Comm are all poor lynch targets today, not necessarily for townreads, but at least due to enough ambiguity across a fair amount of content to make it a safer bet to at least wait. Obviously I'll include myself in that list too.

Leaves Zulfy, Cy, Zaraki, and Lucky.

I'll sheep a healthy wagon on any of these at this point, but I think I prefer Lucky and Zulfy for now.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (isolation #100) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Impede »

I'm gonna go with misguided Town on Cy. Not utterly confident, but if he's scum, he's doing a good job of not looking like it.

I don't like that he used my terribad "AtE" post as justification for his point, especially since I full-on retracted it after the fact. But it's possible he's just behind on this game and didn't get to reading all the way up to that? Maybe he got too excited that he thought he found scum and started posting?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #101) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Impede »

In post 957, Luca Blight wrote:Your questions at the end are awful as I already said. I could just as well ask 'if Zulfy was actively trying to get UCV lynched would you townread him?' It didn't happen and is thus meaningless. I could also ask 'If your aunt had balls, would she be your uncle?'
I'm actually inclined to disagree here. These questions can be helpful at picking apart someone's reads. If my townread of you was entirely based on the UCV lynch (it wasn't, I townread you as soon as I got caught up on the game), that would be pretty weak, as that would mean with a single bus you could instantly become conftown and control the game. I don't think that's what's happening here.

To answer your last question, yes, she would be your uncle.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #102) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Impede »

I feel like I need to sort. Here's my sorting:

{Luca, Moz}

{Sesq, Cy}

{Comm, CoA, Zaraki}

{Zulfy, Lucky}
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #103) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Impede »

Moz, why can't we lynch Lucky today? How can you possibly townread that?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #104) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 983, Zulfy wrote:
In post 968, mozamis wrote:Zulfy prob is scum though, because even when he does prod dodge, he gives no opinions. Lurky town normally give some game related content.
That's a totally convenient lie.

UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (isolation #105) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Impede »

Athena, did you have a point to make or are you just posting for reference?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #106) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 989, Sesq wrote:not when we have actual scum on roll

well, more likely scum
What's causing you to townread him, Sesq?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #107) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Impede »

Wow jk, I'm dumb. Disregard that. Better question: If a wagon is forming around likely scum, why would you stay off it if you think you have "more likely" scum?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #108) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 993, CultOfAthena wrote:Compare those thoughts to your readslist and then compare that readslist to the same one 800 posts ago. It doesn't seem like you actually take into account any of the things that you point out – you're just saying them.
Reads change. Both of those posts were also made as interim posts before I could get caught up on the game and were mostly based on a single post. You should be more worried about players who fence-sit or tunnel for no apparent or defensible reason.

Worth noting that Laser also scumread me for having some inconsistency in my reads. I question if that's actually a scumtell or not. Opportunism is scummy; having a malleable position on the gamestate is not.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #109) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 998, Luca Blight wrote:Normally slots like that where you're not able to attain an educated read are best to get rid of
before a MYLO situation arises
ASAP.
There, I fixed it for you.

The later we get into this game, the more we are hurt by having nullreads and a shrinking number of allowed MLs. Best to keep content-generating players generating content because they are easier to sort. Players like Zulfy are the reason the term Policy Lynch was created. It's literally a win-win and I challenge anyone to disagree with me.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (isolation #110) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Impede »

Doesn't hurt to ask.

@Mod: What's your take on prodging? Seems like Zulfy is on his second (maybe third?) prod and these latest posts seem like a formality.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #111) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Impede »

If you think my reads are fabricated, then by all means, let's have a conversation. I think I'm being fairly transparent however and I'm happy to address anything in particular that seems incongruous to you.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #112) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1004, CultOfAthena wrote:You don't get a free pass just for generating content.
Agreed, but not all of us have solid scumreads on someone.

Also, at what point does unapologetically lurking, prodging, and not saying anything except to defend yourself (weakly) all constitute a valid scumread? I haven't liked a single post of Zulfy's except maybe one when he first came alive after the initial wagon.

I seriously don't know where you and Sesq get off defending him. Show me your townreads of Zulfy and I'll show you a half-unicorn, half-dragon, half-human (yes, three halves) burger-flipping princess who lives in the sewers in my hometown, living paycheck-to-paycheck; only able to make ends meet by coming out a couple times a week and playing saxophone for tips.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #113) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1005, CultOfAthena wrote:I've already quoted major
inconsistencies
that I've found: the Laser vote, your
unchanging
readslist, the comments that didn't seem to factor into anything.
I've already addressed these things as well. Either just recently (in the case of the comments which didn't majorly factor into my reads), or at the time (in the case of the Laser vote).

Also, so we're clear: You are accusing me of being too consistent or too inconsistent? Refer to my blue highlights in your quote.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #114) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Impede »

Oh, I see. That makes more sense. Fair point. As much as those posts might indicate that I always telegraph my reads of individual posts, I definitely don't. Lots of the changing or reinforcing of my reads has come gradually over time. One post doesn't really derail that entirely.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #115) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1020, Lucky2u wrote::facepalm: :facepalm:

VOTE: Zulfy it is then....
No hard feelings Lucky. Maybe we'll wagon you again tomorrow k?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (isolation #116) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Impede »

L-2 by my count
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #117) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Impede »

@Luca: What do you make of CoA and Lucky defending a red flip?

CoA went dead silent in the events leading up to the lynch and went kind of aggro trying to form a wagon on me instead.

Lucky threw in an L-2 vote with absolutely zero meaningful content 40 minutes after he basically indicated he was going to catch up. Seems like a nice place for Scum!Lucky to hide and avoid any post-wagon analysis.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (isolation #118) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Impede »

Lol just read Sesq's posts. I think I smell bus exhaust.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #119) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Impede »

Holy crap. And Zaraki.

Sorry for multi-posting but I'm about to go to a meeting, so I'm kind of sporadically processing.

Between Zaraki, Sesq, CoA, and Lucky we have two town and 1-2 scum. Whoever is town in this group needs to start towning real hard, cause it hasn't been going well imo.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (isolation #120) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Impede »

In order of lynch preference:
Lucky
Zaraki, Sesq
CoA

I really want to townread Sesq... I'm just running out of reasons to.

Zaraki seems like he was trying to do stuff and then realized that lurking and sheeping was the correct play.

I still want to lynch Lucky. My rationale is mostly the same, but bolstered since Zulfy flipped red.

I need to process CoA some more. Can't rule her out, but I'm less inclined to support a wagon on her.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #121) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Impede »

Oops forgot. VOTE: Lucky

Lest you all forget that this happened:
In post 1019, Lucky2u wrote:ooo posts to read
In post 1020, Lucky2u wrote::facepalm: :facepalm:

VOTE: Zulfy it is then....
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #122) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Impede »

If Lucky flips red, I like Sesq tomorrow.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (isolation #123) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Impede »

There's no conftown this game. With daytalk, I expect gambits. Eventually if we exhaust our viable lynch pool and end up at one day to MYLO, we will need to seriously look at EVERYONE.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (isolation #124) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Impede »

In post 1070, cytheflyguy wrote:Well shit lol. I kinda pitty scum, that was....sad.
This is deliciously lynchable.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (isolation #125) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Impede »

In post 860, Lucky2u wrote:Oh and I forgot he voted for zulfy and cy yesterday. As I've stated, I'm against the low activity PL. However if they keep prod dodging instead of replacing out, I'll concede to it being scum motivated.
Reread Lucky's ISO. Dude is scum. If he flips red, both Cy and Sesq are great lynches. Probably in that order. If not, Zaraki is appealing, but things get complicated...
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (isolation #126) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Impede »

In post 999, Impede wrote:
In post 998, Luca Blight wrote:Normally slots like that where you're not able to attain an educated read are best to get rid of
before a MYLO situation arises
ASAP.
There, I fixed it for you.

The later we get into this game, the more we are hurt by having nullreads and a shrinking number of allowed MLs. Best to keep content-generating players generating content because they are easier to sort. Players like Zulfy are the reason the term Policy Lynch was created. It's literally a win-win and I challenge anyone to disagree with me.
You don't find this compelling rationale for policy lynching?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (isolation #127) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Impede »

Yes Lucky.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (isolation #128) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1105, CommKnight wrote:OH LOOK AT THAT. The guy I pushed was scum, now we just need 2 hard town reads and BAM, we win.
Meh. I feel like I pushed Zulfy and Lucky. You can be townblock though.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (isolation #129) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Impede »

Cy is a marginally better lynch today imo. But I'll sheep this.

VOTE: Sesq

L-2
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #130) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Impede »

Townblock for now (in order): Luca, Comm, CoA, Moz, Zaraki
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (isolation #131) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Impede »

Wrote that before you posted btw :3
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (isolation #132) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Impede »

He doesn't I guess lol. I had this residual feeling that he was newbtowning, but after glancing his ISO, it doesn't look great. Still like Cy and Sesq more though
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (isolation #133) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Impede »

Game is over gents. Lynch among Sesq, Cy, Zaraki and its a win.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (isolation #134) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Impede »

*ladies and gents :)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (isolation #135) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Impede »

Even if we are in a MYLO situation, I think we have a wealth of information to make the right call at this point. No one is conftown. But we can eliminate at least the easiest ones. If we are constantly flipping townies, then at MYLO-1 I say we revisit our townblock.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (isolation #136) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 am

Post by Impede »

In post 1138, mozamis wrote:VOTE: zaraki
Why not Sesq? Just sheep. We can get Zaraki later if Sesq and Cy are green.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (isolation #137) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Impede »

I think we spend some time rereading if Sesq flips green. But unless we discover something alarming in ISOing the townblock, I don't see how we get away from Zaraki and Cy as our next 2.

Thoughts Athena?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (isolation #138) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1146, CultOfAthena wrote:My thoughts are that if we don't win the game in the next three or so lynches, we're in for quite the ordeal.
QFT. We have a lot of data though
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #139) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Impede »

Omg why. Sigh.
VOTE: Zaraki
L-1
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (isolation #140) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Impede »

Should've thrown an unvote in there too? We'll see how Math's code holds up.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (isolation #141) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 31, CommKnight wrote:
Archwing(4)
~ Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, mozamis, Sesq, Luca Blight

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez(2)
~ CultOfAthena, LaserGuy

Time to get a bit real here already. 2 scum are in this group of 6. Possibly 3 scum. But 2 for sure.

Check. Your turn scum.
Hey Comm. Check this out. Memories huh? :wink:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #142) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Impede »

I think that actually ultra conftowns Comm lol. No scum would create a scum list that they knew included zero scum
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (isolation #143) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Impede »

My intuition says Cy, but I like Sesq for more rational reasons.

Going to do some analysis though
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (isolation #144) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Impede »

I'm a little concerned that speedlynching benefits scum. Want to drag this out a bit. UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (isolation #145) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Impede »

Where the hell is Moz? Loudest guy in the game and I haven't seen a multipost in like a page or two.

I think I want to make a towncase on Cy after that post. Will deep dive a bit. Thoughts Luca? Comm? CoA? Moz?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (isolation #146) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Impede »

@Mod: I would kill (Sesq) for some wagon data. Any chance we can get that updated soon?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (isolation #147) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Impede »

@Mod: Disregard. Did it myself.

pedit: Thanks lol
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (isolation #148) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Impede »

WAGONS(Sort By: Chronological Data Type: Complex LSort: On)Note from vote counter. These votes include any vote on or off that impacted said wagon.
Spoiler: Day 1
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
CultOfAthena
[ ]
mozamis (1)
~
Impede
[ ]
Zulfy (1)
~
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
[ ]
Sesq (2)
~
Luca Blight, cytheflyguy

Sesq (1)
~
CommKnight
[ ]
CommKnight (1)
~
mozamis
[ ]
Luca Blight (1)
~
Lucky2u
[ ]
Impede (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ ]
Zulfy (1)
~
Sesq
[ , , , , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
LaserGuy
[ , , , , , , ]
cytheflyguy (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
Lucky2u (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
mozamis (1)
~
CultOfAthena
[ , , , , ]
UC Voyager (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ ]
Impede (1)
~
mozamis
[ , , ]
Lucky2u (1)
~
CommKnight
[ , , ]
CultOfAthena (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
Zulfy (1)
~
UC Voyager
[ , , , , , , ]
Luca Blight (1)
~
UC Voyager
[ , , ]

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (2)
~
CultOfAthena, mozamis
[ , ]
mozamis (2)
~
Impede, Zulfy
[ , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (2)
~
CultOfAthena, LaserGuy
[ , , , , , ]
Zulfy (2)
~
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Sesq
[ , ]
Zulfy (2)
~
Sesq, Luca Blight
[ , , , ]
CommKnight (2)
~
mozamis, cytheflyguy
[ , ]
mozamis (2)
~
Impede, CultOfAthena
[ , , , ]
Lucky2u (2)
~
Sesq, CommKnight
[ , ]
Impede (2)
~
Luca Blight, mozamis
[ , ]
Impede (2)
~
mozamis, Sesq
[ , , , ]
Lucky2u (2)
~
CommKnight, LaserGuy
[ , , , ]
UC Voyager (2)
~
Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
[ , ]
CommKnight (2)
~
cytheflyguy, Zulfy
[ , , , , , ]

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (3)
~
CultOfAthena, mozamis, LaserGuy
[ , , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (3)
~
CultOfAthena, LaserGuy, Zulfy
[ , , , , ]
Zulfy (3)
~
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Sesq, Luca Blight
[ , , ]
CommKnight (3)
~
mozamis, cytheflyguy, Zulfy
[ , , ]
CommKnight (3)
~
cytheflyguy, Zulfy, Lucky2u
[ , , , , ]
UC Voyager (3)
~
Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Sesq
[ , , ]
UC Voyager (3)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, Lucky2u
[ , , , , ]

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (4)
~
CultOfAthena, mozamis, LaserGuy, Zulfy
[ , , , ]
CommKnight (4)
~
mozamis, cytheflyguy, Zulfy, Lucky2u
[ , , , ]
UC Voyager (4)
~
Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Sesq, Lucky2u
[ , , , ]
UC Voyager (4)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, Lucky2u, mozamis
[ , , , , , ]

UC Voyager (5)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, Lucky2u, mozamis, Impede
[ , , , , , , ]

UC Voyager (6)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, Lucky2u, mozamis, Impede, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
[ , , , , , , , ]

UC Voyager (7)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, Lucky2u, mozamis, Impede, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, LaserGuy
[ , , , , , , , , ]
Spoiler: Day 2
cytheflyguy (1)
~
Impede
[ ]
CultOfAthena (1)
~
mozamis
[ ]
Impede (1)
~
LaserGuy
[ ]
mozamis (1)
~
CultOfAthena
[ ]
Luca Blight (1)
~
CommKnight
[ ]
CommKnight (1)
~
Lucky2u
[ ]
Zulfy (1)
~
mozamis
[ ]
cytheflyguy (1)
~
Sesq
[ , , ]
Impede (1)
~
mozamis
[ , , ]
Impede (1)
~
CommKnight
[ , , , , ]
Zulfy (1)
~
Impede
[ , , , , , , ]
LaserGuy (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ ]
CultOfAthena (1)
~
Lucky2u
[ , , , , , , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ ]

cytheflyguy (2)
~
Impede, Sesq
[ , ]
Zulfy (2)
~
mozamis, LaserGuy
[ , ]
Zulfy (2)
~
LaserGuy, Impede
[ , , , , , ]
CultOfAthena (2)
~
mozamis, Sesq
[ , , , ]
Impede (2)
~
CommKnight, LaserGuy
[ , , , , , ]
LaserGuy (2)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq
[ , ]
CultOfAthena (2)
~
mozamis, Lucky2u
[ , , , , , ]

Zulfy (3)
~
mozamis, LaserGuy, cytheflyguy
[ , , ]
Zulfy (3)
~
mozamis, LaserGuy, Impede
[ , , , , ]
CultOfAthena (3)
~
mozamis, Sesq, Lucky2u
[ , , , , ]
LaserGuy (3)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, mozamis
[ , , ]
Impede (3)
~
CommKnight, LaserGuy, Luca Blight
[ , , , , , , ]

Zulfy (4)
~
mozamis, LaserGuy, cytheflyguy, Impede
[ , , , ]
LaserGuy (4)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, mozamis, Lucky2u
[ , , , ]
LaserGuy (4)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Lucky2u, Impede
[ , , , , , ]

LaserGuy (5)
~
Luca Blight, Sesq, mozamis, Lucky2u, Impede
[ , , , , ]

LaserGuy (6)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Lucky2u, Impede, Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
[ , , , , , , , ]
Spoiler: Day 3
CultOfAthena (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ ]
Impede (1)
~
CommKnight
[ ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
mozamis
[ , , ]
Lucky2u (1)
~
Impede
[ ]
Impede (1)
~
Lucky2u
[ , , , , ]
Impede (1)
~
mozamis
[ , , , , , , ]
Luca Blight (1)
~
cytheflyguy
[ ]
Zulfy (1)
~
mozamis
[ ]
Lucky2u (1)
~
CommKnight
[ , , , , , , ]
Impede (1)
~
CultOfAthena
[ , , , , , , , , ]

CultOfAthena (2)
~
Sesq, Impede
[ , ]
Impede (2)
~
CommKnight, Lucky2u
[ , ]
Lucky2u (2)
~
Impede, CommKnight
[ , ]
Impede (2)
~
Lucky2u, Luca Blight
[ , , , ]
CultOfAthena (2)
~
Sesq, mozamis
[ , , , ]
CultOfAthena (2)
~
Sesq, Lucky2u
[ , , , , , ]
Lucky2u (2)
~
CommKnight, Luca Blight
[ , , , , , ]
Zulfy (2)
~
mozamis, Impede
[ , ]

Impede (3)
~
CommKnight, Lucky2u, Luca Blight
[ , , ]
Lucky2u (3)
~
Impede, CommKnight, Luca Blight
[ , , ]
CultOfAthena (3)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Lucky2u
[ , , , , ]
Zulfy (3)
~
mozamis, Impede, Luca Blight
[ , , ]

Lucky2u (4)
~
Impede, CommKnight, Luca Blight, cytheflyguy
[ , , , ]
Zulfy (4)
~
mozamis, Impede, Luca Blight, Lucky2u
[ , , , ]

Zulfy (5)
~
mozamis, Impede, Luca Blight, Lucky2u, CommKnight
[ , , , , ]

Zulfy (6)
~
mozamis, Impede, Luca Blight, Lucky2u, CommKnight, Sesq
[ , , , , , ]
Spoiler: Day 4
CultOfAthena (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
Lucky2u (1)
~
Impede
[ ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
Lucky2u
[ ]

Lucky2u (2)
~
Impede, CommKnight
[ , ]

Lucky2u (3)
~
Impede, CommKnight, Luca Blight
[ , , ]

Lucky2u (4)
~
Impede, CommKnight, Luca Blight, CultOfAthena
[ , , , ]

Lucky2u (5)
~
Impede, CommKnight, Luca Blight, CultOfAthena, Sesq
[ , , , , ]
Spoiler: Day 5
Sesq (1)
~
CommKnight
[ ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (1)
~
Sesq
[ ]
Sesq (1)
~
CultOfAthena
[ , , , , , , ]

Sesq (2)
~
CommKnight, Luca Blight
[ , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (2)
~
Sesq, mozamis
[ , ]
Sesq (2)
~
CommKnight, CultOfAthena
[ , , , , , ]

Sesq (3)
~
CommKnight, Luca Blight, Impede
[ , , ]
Sesq (3)
~
CommKnight, Impede, CultOfAthena
[ , , , , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (3)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Luca Blight
[ , , ]

Sesq (4)
~
CommKnight, Luca Blight, Impede, CultOfAthena
[ , , , ]
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (4)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Luca Blight, Impede
[ , , , ]

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez (5)
~
Sesq, mozamis, Luca Blight, Impede, CommKnight
[ , , , , ]
Spoiler: Day 6
Sesq (1)
~
Impede
[ ]
Sesq (1)
~
Luca Blight
[ , , ]

Sesq (2)
~
Impede, Luca Blight
[ , ]
Sesq (2)
~
Luca Blight, cytheflyguy
[ , , , ]

Sesq (3)
~
Luca Blight, cytheflyguy, CommKnight
[ , , , , ]

Based on this, here are the people in the sweet spots for each wagon (not including first vote, L-1, and hammer):
UCV [7 to lynch]:
Zaraki (2), Sesq(3), [zaraki unvotes here], Lucky(3), Moz(4), Impede(5)
Laser [6 to lynch]:
Sesq(2), Moz(3), Lucky(4)
Zulfy [6 to lynch]:
Impede(2), Luca(3), Lucky(4)
Lucky [5 to lynch]:
Impede(1), Comm(2), Luca(3), CoA(4), Sesq(5) {included everyone here because I'm inclined to think Scum would not want to help this wagon at all except to MAYBE bus when it was too late}
Zaraki [5 to lynch]:
Sesq(1), Moz(2), Luca(3), Impede(4), Comm(5)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (isolation #149) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 am

Post by Impede »

Did some rereading. If there's scum in Luca + Comm, I accept the loss. Too towny to lynch. These dudes are going to MYLO worse case scenario.

Yeah. I feel good about this. Moz is next.

Hammer
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (isolation #150) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Impede »

VOTE: Moz

I'm headscratching if this flips green.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (isolation #151) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Impede »

Let's wait to hammer until Moz can show up.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (isolation #152) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Impede »

Athena: Why? What's your Town case on Moz?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (isolation #153) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Impede »

Moz is a bit too defensive of his lynch for my liking. He hasn't said a word recently til we wagoned him. Someone hammer please. I've heard enough. I'm convinced we need to lynch Moz and Cy. Although I'm liking Cy less and less. I might prefer Athena to him if Moz is green. But I have a feeling Moz will flip scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (isolation #154) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Impede »

Regarding Scum!Luca or Scum!Comm, I just don't see ANY reluctance during the Zulfy and Lucky lynches. A double bus seems like it would not be agreed to in the Scum PT which means we could've expected maybe a bit more outrage from the two of them than we saw. I just can't see Scum premeditating that move. I think we win before a Comm, Luca, Impede MYLO. If not, I'm flipping a coin probably lol.

But alas, I think the game ends today with Moz. Although he's pocketing me which is a little odd...

Pedit: @Cy - Sorry I meant liking you as a lynch lol, not as a person.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (isolation #155) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Impede »

We need to actually make Scum/Town cases before lynching today. No more quicklynching.

Also, sorry Moz. Botched that one. I should've townread the buddying, but you were too hard to sort from the start of this game. RIP
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (isolation #156) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Impede »

I want to lynch Athena just because it's so hard to make a case against her. She loves to talk about how she creates all this content, but it always feels hollow. I feel like very few of her posts meaningfully advance the game, but she manages to look super towny while doing it.
I'm good with this today.

VOTE: Athena
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (isolation #157) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Impede »

Just the impression I have. I haven't ISO dived you, but idk if I need to. Just feel like you haven't really pushed for any lynches or advanced the game meaningfully. Might just be a preconceived read, but I have yet to read anything that changed my mind.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (isolation #158) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Impede »

What's everyone's favorites for 3p MYLO? And who would you lynch of the 3?

I'm thinking Luca, Comm, and myself. Lynching Luca.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (isolation #159) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Impede »

Athena, how would you feel about Comm, Cy and me, lynching me?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (isolation #160) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Impede »

No I just wanted to gauge how long it would take you to respond. I think you're town.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (isolation #161) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Impede »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (isolation #162) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Impede »

It was enough of a strange premise that I'd expect scum to overanalyze what the towniest answer would be. Don't think you could come up with a meaningful response that quickly if you had to overanalyze. Maybe you're just good. But I don't want to lynch you today at least.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #163) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Impede »

RIP. Thought for sure I'd make it to MYLO. Scum is playing a great game today. If I'm not in the townblock, better to get my lynch out of the way... esp since I've got a gnarly work week this week (at least til Wed/Thurs) and will have to go out of my way to make time to post (probably won't go V/LA, but won't be posting as much).

I'm becoming super paranoid of Comm/Luca now and I think I prefer myself, Comm, and CoA in MYLO lynching Comm. I'm going to kick myself if Athena flips red after all this. Anyway. Don't read my posts if I get lynched. Idk wtf I'm talking about since my Zulfy/Lucky pushes. Can't sort who's scum in those remaining.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (isolation #164) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Impede »

Also, Cy is trying too hard
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (isolation #165) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Impede »

Meh. I'm back to scumleaning Athena after an ISO dive.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (isolation #166) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Impede »

UNVOTE:

Thinking about moving this to Athena.

All of her arguments are with town with a few exceptions. There are a few interactions with scum that feel forced, almost like someone said "hey guys don't forget to interact in thread". The only missing puzzle piece is where the grand master plan is. Need to ISO our flipped scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (isolation #167) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Impede »

In post 614, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 587, Zulfy wrote:hey what manner was that?
Not voting him.
Did you elaborate this point?
No, nobody seemed to take notice of it.
Regarding those last two replies:
While the punett square thing was odd that's not the sole contribution of Zaraki, don't know why you'd generalize like that.
At the time it was the most prevalent part of his ISO and the only thing I would think could be called gamesolving.
And that LAMIST accusation seems hollow. Are you sure you just don't have a problem with Mozamis's attitude?
I had quite obviously already stated reads, opinions and analyses at that point. Asking for them like that seemed like an attempt to look busy moreso than an actual request for information.
In post 615, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 592, mozamis wrote: Cults last few posts once again post very littel in content really, not any reads, just arguing and point scoring.
This is totally wrong and I'm no longer going to sit quiet while I get accused of this. The last
fifteen
or so posts have all been completely relevant game content - me asking Luca about his read on me, talking about the likelihood of bussing UCV, talking about Luca's "embargo", so on and so on. You're just attempting to discredit me - anyone actually reading my posts can clearly see that they're not devoid of content. People should take note of this - scum can't kill off the voices they don't want to hear but if they can silence them or discredit them then the effect is the same.
In post 596, mozamis wrote:
In post 573, CultOfAthena wrote:So do the reasons that you think I'm scum go beyond my relation to the UC Voyager lynch?
THIS IS A SCUM POST.
Scum are always desperate to know WHY people are voting for them, so they can "refute" the point. Town often dont really care why people are vitng for them, or will just tell the other person to STFU etc
Don't project your own playstyle onto me, and don't be so ignorant as to believe that townies could never play in the manner in which I do. The reason I ask people why they're scumreading me is to examine their
motivations
, the most reliable indicator of alignment that I've found outside of a cop investigation. It also has the effect of checking their consistency. Town will change their reads because their mind has been changed by something, scum will change their reads as convenient to them.
In post 597, mozamis wrote:i also several times have mentioned the fact that i thought Impede may have busssed.
Yes, there's one person you think may have bussed - the rest of your readslist matches up so closely with the UCV wagon such that that point doesn't really mean anything. If you really are town here, are you
seriously
not more suspicious of the people on the wagon than off? That's the first rule of vote count analysis: when scum is lynched day one, look on the wagon. Especially in a nightless setup where scum need all the town cred they can get and especially when that scum lynched is UC Voyager, the easiest lynch there is and the slot who's probably the least likely to make endgame, I'm going to think that scum bussed hard. I honestly wouldn't be surprised this game if all three remaining scum were on the wagon.
Check out these back-to-back posts. Super short with Zulfy, almost like "I guess I have to make this look good", versus the long drawn out responses to Moz. Possibly NAI, but it agrees with my theory.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (isolation #168) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Impede »

I'll flip green (sorry). But again, don't know if I can be a super active participant in this game this week, so probably better to get it out of the way now.

VOTE: Impede
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #169) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Impede »

In post 843, Zulfy wrote:Nah nah we're not gonna lynch athena. I'd rather get lynched than Athena.

This might not inspire much confidence but one has to be honest: I'm not sure who died. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm drunk. But it was probably LaserGuy and Athena's probably gonna get attacked now by probable scum and I'm probably gonna try to stop it.

While we're on the probablys, Luca is probably town and Sesq is probably scum, and a jerk but that's not important.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (isolation #170) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Impede »

Nvm, Athena is town again.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (isolation #171) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Impede »

Her Lucky interactions feel too genuine imo.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (isolation #172) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Impede »

I can't shake the feeling that Luca, Comm, and Athena are town. I suppose there's a chance scum is lurking in there, but idk... it doesn't check out. Coin flip territory imo. Well played if any of you are scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (isolation #173) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Impede »

Ooook then. Pretty sure I'm up tomorrow if this flips green, and MYLO will be quite interesting.
VOTE: Cy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (isolation #174) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Impede »

Good game guys. It's games like this that make me feel half-decent about my reading ability.

Also - Cy is a G.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (isolation #175) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Impede »

Also, it's not very towny, but the self-vote was a bit of a gambit lol. Was hoping that y'all would see that scum would probably never self-vote to L-1. Whew...
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #176) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1326, cytheflyguy wrote:That....was so tense. I don't even know how I got so far??? I kinda choked today bc I didn't know how to throw Impede under the bus after saying I townread him.

But yeah, thanks everybody haha
Figured I'd nail you down after townreading the remaining players. If you were town, I literally would have gotten a quarter out and flipped it.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (isolation #177) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Impede »

Athena: Not sure why you never made it into the townblock lol. After I read your ISO it became pretty clear you were most likely town. Maybe because you were mostly a dissenting voice. Well played overall though. Sorry for flip flopping on you so much haha.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (isolation #178) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1335, Luca Blight wrote:Good game.

I agree cy did well, although we should have nailed him earlier really.

@Impede
- Your self-vote came across more as a last desperate attempt at wifom from scum. I always attribute self-voting to scum, unless there's a good reason to think otherwise.
Yeah I was worried about that too. Good to know. I didn’t really like doing it, but it seemed like an OK plan at the time
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (isolation #179) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Impede »

Yeah. It's actually surprising how solid the reads were in this game. Excellent work guys. The only scum I didn't have at the top of any of my lynch lists was UCV.

Return to “Completed Open Games”