Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Do you guys think it's worth it to, once we decide on who to lynch, force the scummy players on the wagon to get off and replace them with towny players in order to keep the most possible money in the hands of the town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:10 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 16, Something_Smart wrote:Do you guys think it's worth it to, once we decide on who to lynch, force the scummy players on the wagon to get off and replace them with towny players in order to keep the most possible money in the hands of the town?
Given how hard it tends to be to get players to agree to a lynch in the first place in general site meta do you think it is going to be viable to actually try to arrange wagons in this manner?
I don't know that's why I was asking :o

We tried something like that in this game, where I switched off a wagon in order to be the hammer on a claimed supersaint, but even that was screwed up by Anti hammering before I could. I don't know if we could accomplish this, but it seems like it would be helpful if we could.

Pedit: infinity are you copying ranger? if so why are you at the bottom?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:16 am

Hmm.
If 1 is terrible then probably around a 4. Although this poker game has less skill than most.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:11 am

Eww. Earning money is not necessarily part of your wincon. Although I think that is an awfully big leap to take.

I'm sure scum had pre-game talk, I've never seen a game where they didn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 am

I was "eww"-ing at Lane because money is not necessarily part of the town wincon. It's much closer for scum, although the fact that it's always public how much money a person has earned makes it that much harder for them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:57 am

Okay so first of all, "zero scum game" is probably the most hilarious thing I have seen on this site :lol: 11/10 MoI
In post 62, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 56, lane0168 wrote:A mislynch to verify this being completely false isn't the worst way to start out the game. However you'll change your mind on due time
This is anti-town.
This kind of assumes lane is town.
In post 62, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 42, Persivul wrote:Could be scum dumping money to each other so they can buy out one of the bigger PRs early.
I really like this question and thought process. I hadn't considered any money shenanigans, but it makes sense that the scum may want to pool their money together under one person if they can, especially given how everything costs more than $500.
Not following this. It's a meh thought process, honestly to me it sounds more likely to come from scum than average. Why do you like it so much?
In post 63, Infinity 324 wrote:s_s - town: He seems to be genuinely trying to figure stuff out.
I would like elaboration on this, it sounds rather generic.
In post 88, The MM wrote:And to all of you who say I'm playing bad, that's normal: this is my second game here, and it's months after my first due to a quite tense situation I got into IRL. As for being hasty, I was: one of the primal needs of the human body is sleep, and I was in lack of it. I'll be coming up with a readslist as well as I can, but keep in mind that didn't help me much in my first game so don't be surprised if I only dig myself deeper and you end up lynching me.
This is fairly towny. is using a lot of words to say nothing, I'm not sure if it's alignment indicative though. (Maybe slightly towny.)
Ugh. I was really hoping to roll scum this game because I am far better at deceiving people I don't know and far better at reading people I do know. (I rely a lot on meta.) And meta without personal experience is like 10 times less effective.

Hmm. I liked and , but is weak at best. Another player I'll have to meta.
In post 96, Infinity 324 wrote:MM has decent analysis, but nothing that can't be faked by scum
Interesting, that's exactly my thoughts on you.
In post 97, The MM wrote:Your votes for me basically say I'm transparent scum, guys; which would mean I'm bad. I'm not.
My reads are null with very soft leans in case you can read and spot them.
Eww.
-: qubixes is probably town. And I like lane's too.
In post 103, Infinity 324 wrote:Not many people responded to my random reads list, but s_s responded in a towny way.
Is this why you were townreading me early?
In post 106, RedCoyote wrote:The question everyone has to ask themselves, if you were townMM, would you have called scumlane? If so, why didn't you? If not, why would townMM do this?
I would have called if:
1) I thought my hand was the strongest,
2) I thought lane was bluffing, or
3) I didn't mind all my money going to lane. I think MM called for a mixture of 1 & 2.
I think several parts of are awfully reachy. I think under certain circumstances, trying to get townread is a null tell, and I think MM would be doing so as either alignment. The LAMIST argument is also pretty tenuous. MoI is one of the few players I've seen firsthand before (as town, and I was modding the game so I wasn't reading as carefully into his posts as if I had been playing, but it's better than nothing) and so far this is looking like this could be the town play I saw, or it could not be. Before anyone jumps on me for fencesitting, the point of this is that I can't draw a clear conclusion from his posts yet.
In post 108, RedCoyote wrote:This is a reach
yes
that is completely unworthy of a vote.
not necessarily. It's page 5, votes don't need to have strong reasoning attached and sometimes they're just for reactions anyway. I also don't like the implication that you might do things that would be worthy of a vote?
In post 109, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 106, RedCoyote wrote:The question everyone has to ask themselves, if you were townMM, would you have called scumlane? If so, why didn't you? If not, why would townMM do this?
This reeks of scum trying to position the argument that there is no logical reason for MM to be Town when the question is very poorly staged.

I would have absolutely called Lane even if I thought he was scum trying some sort of gambit if I had a good 5 card draw poker hand. The obvious answer why I didn’t? I didn’t have a good hand. The second half is pointless given I think Town with a good hand would call scum Lane.

This is a false dichotomy and scummy. If Lane was scum looking to consolidate it is possible MM is a partner. It is also possible that MM has a good 5 card draw hand and he pre-empted scum’s plan as Town. Looking at the vote history he was the second to act.
More reaching... you don't necessarily know what the point of this question is. I certainly don't think it creates a false dichotomy.
In post 111, Persivul wrote:
In post 109, MagnaofIllusion wrote:It is also possible that MM has a good 5 card draw hand and he pre-empted scum’s plan as Town.
Actually MM would look a lot better if he had simply said he has a great hand and so he called. Claiming he was pre-empting scum's plan is bad. As has been already noted, if here were really thinking at that level, he would have waited for scum to call before going in himself.
QFT
I agree with the people who are saying that we need to see the results of the hand before we proceed in reading lane and MM. Kappy, we're looking at you.
sounds genuine. I don't think that reflects much on his alignment, except that there's a small chance he would continue to deny his mistake as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #127 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:45 am

NAI = non-alignment-indicative
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 am

Oh yeah lol I keep forgetting to get rid of that self vote.
UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm sorry I've got a lot on my plate rn, haven't been able to get into this game too much. I'll reread tomorrow, see what I can make of it. I was getting gut pings against Infinity but I'm not sure if that's just me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 am

Fold

Does anyone here know what Persivul's scumgame looks like?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #188 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:08 am

Time for a few questions.

Infinity, are you still townreading Persivul?

Persivul, now you understand why MM called. Do you understand why he kept changing his story about why he called? Do you think that says anything about his alignment?

I don't mind BBT's vote. I don't like his refusal to explain. (It's very BBT I know but that vote could have served multiple different purposes and not knowing which is keeping me from understanding his motivation.) BBT, are you still refusing to explain?

MM (refer to ), why wasn't a big leap to take? Did the idea occur to you when you called? Why was my post () a "candid dream", and how did that not stand out to you?

Still to MM, when did you realize the top tier abilities were $1250 and not $1000? Why did you obviously invent new reasons to back up your call after the fact? What is your read on lane? Do you have any reads stronger than the ones expressed in ?

MoI, do you think lane's alignment is related to his apparent poker knowledge? (You seemed to in .) Do you understand why RC says your arguments are poor in ?

RC, what is your read on Persivul? You've gone to great lengths to argue that lane's bet was non-alignment-indicative, do you have a read on him outside of that? (Especially given that his terrible hand was revealed.)

Re:
In post 114, RedCoyote wrote:Given your poor arguments in , it stands to reason that you'll now comb back over reasonable questions in an attempt to frame them in a negative light. I'm asking questions, not creating a false dichotomy. The proper answer here is, "I would've called, but my hand was poor". That's all that needed to be said. Instead of answering me and seeing how I reacted, you took it upon yourself to assume these questions were meant as a trap.
He responded how you wanted. What issue do you have with him pointing out his objections with those questions? What was the point of the last two questions?

FA, why is lane bullshitting to cover his bad play scummy? We're playing two games here, he screwed up in one game in a way that only slightly affected the other. Do you think lane's play makes sense as scum if MM isn't his partner?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:17 am

Mod: I'll be V/LA until Monday. I should still have some access though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:33 am

FA, answer my questions. Lane, stop defending your bluff and start scumhunting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #280 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Catchup timeeee :wink:

is REALLY reachy. I don't recall MoI using arguments this flimsy when he was town before? I'll have to check.

: I've heard a saying about lying, it goes something like: you can tell a liar because their story fits together TOO perfectly. When people are telling the truth they often misremember or suffer bias that makes their story not perfectly consistent. I therefore don't agree with any of the arguments against MM that relate to his call and explanation thereof.

Infinity's looking fairly towny with his and .

ewwwwww

haven't you ever heard that hypocrisy is a towntell?

Argument over MM's experience is longer than it needs to be.

: @MM what about the things you mentioned that Persivul did was scum indicative?

: that has to be some sort of fallacy. My read on this depends on if it ends up being a pressure vote or a real vote.

First part of : Ugh, this is something I've seen from both town and scum. Sometimes town really does form reads like that but IME if that's all you have to support it then you might want to reevaluate it. Not to mention that it's the easiest read in the world to fake as scum.

The confidence in in my experience is more likely to come from scum.

is a good point.

EDIT: oh oh oh #RektBy

: @Infinity why is MM "quite town"?

Oh, it's Fire Assassin. From now on in my posts "FA" is FA_Q2 and "Fire" is Fire Assassin.

(first part): @RC your strongest townread on Persivul was never previously stated, can you explain it please?
(second part) that's a pretty good answer.
(third part) agree
(fourth part) eww speaking of incriminatory rhetoric. There were clearer and less accusatory ways to say this, I'm puzzling over why he should say it like that.

sounds a bit like stale logic. I know the feeling, when you've decided too early who you're going to push and need to come up with stuff to say despite not analyzing anything to a new conclusion.

No reason not to believe . Although you probably ought to get used to playing as town :P

: I don't think you can draw conclusions about other players' interest in the setup wrt their alignment. There are way too many factors involved there.

is really weird... it seems to imply that RC is scum but the last line totally suggests that his reads are his genuine thoughts. But... RC didn't seem to notice that in . In fact that post feels slightly suck-up-y and sounds like "look at how this game fits my town meta and not my scum meta", although granted it was in response to Infinity's meta question.

Don't know how I feel about lane calling qubixes's posts good points... on the one hand, they are (or at least is... I don't understand ), but on the other hand this isn't the first time lane's done this and I wonder if once he decided on qubixes as a hard townread he was just going to call everything he did town.

orly?

: ohh oops :oops: I guess I misread that too. Well the point that RC misread it as I did and didn't point out what I saw still stands. Infinity is probably town, methinks.

: yes, you should do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #288 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:14 pm

In post 285, Infinity 324 wrote:s_s, a lot of things in that post seem to suggest I'm scum, why do you think I'm town?
The only one that actually did was the response to 261. (I originally disliked 264 but that changed once I realized I misunderstood it.) Anyway, throughout the catchup I tried to call each post like I saw it, independent of my thoughts on the player. When I said you were probably town, that was summing up all my thoughts on all your posts. Right now I'm thinking you're the type of town player whom my gut tells me to scumread. (SirCakez, Firebringer, itlepip are other examples)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:09 am

In post 298, RedCoyote wrote:I'm going to make this a short post, because this is a pet peeve of mine. It's not really alignment indicative, but I just want to call you out for this so you don't do it again (at least when responding to me). You asked about my Persivul read, I told you that he was my top town read and that I previously stated that. Instead of you either doing a quick ISO search of me for the name "Persivul" or even just saying (whether or not it's actually true that you took the time to look), "I didn't see that, could you explain again, please?", you double down and and make this untrue statement effectively calling me a liar.
Sorry :eek: I actually did search your ISO for "pers" but I somehow missed that line that you addressed directly to him instead of saying "persivul is my top townread".
In fact, I didn't think you were a liar; I thought that you had formed that read but never got around to expressing it. Which is partially true because you didn't really explain it until this post. Anyway, I thought those posts were good too ( and , anyway; I didn't love ), but even a strong, clear and well-explained push can come from scum (in fact in a vacuum those seem like the pushes scum are more wont to make), so I still don't see what was "extremely towny" about them.
In post 299, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@SS
– can you explain why looking through you ISO I see exactly what Infinity called out RC for – posts that look like just being made for the sake of it as opposed to actual scum-hunting? Who are your scum reads and why are you not voting one of them?
Probably because I've been gathering thoughts and not sharing many of them. Ftr I think posting for the sake of it (as long as one is actually hunting scum) is actually a minor towntell, and I can't imagine that you think I haven't been scumhunting.
My top scumreads are you and FA_Q2. I haven't voted yet because I don't have a strong read on any of the leading wagons (MM, RC, Persivul)... my strongest is a mild townlean on RC.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #306 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:35 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 301, Something_Smart wrote:Probably because I've been gathering thoughts and not sharing many of them. Ftr I think posting for the sake of it (as long as one is actually hunting scum) is actually a minor towntell, and I can't imagine that you think I haven't been scumhunting.
My top scumreads are you and FA_Q2. I haven't voted yet because I don't have a strong read on any of the leading wagons (MM, RC, Persivul)... my strongest is a mild townlean on RC.
I have concerns given that it took you this long to actually commit to a scum-read on players. Reading through your ISO looks very much like planting the seeds on many players to later be used as as scum reading as necessary which is scum-oriented play.

Why are you required to vote a top wagon? That's an absurd notion to float I have trouble understanding that notion as coming from a Town perspective.
I'm not required to vote a top wagon, I just think sorting out those reads is my top priority.
Also, none of my scumreads are that strong yet. I'm still in the midst of working out this game; don't worry, I'll commit to plenty of reads in due time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:41 am

In post 307, RedCoyote wrote:S_S, you mentioned that one of my posts looked "suck-up-y". I disagree, but I understand how you got that impression. With that in mind, do you think Infinity is a town or scum lean for you personally?
I don't really see how that observation relates to the question, but I'm leaning town on Infinity because his recent posting has been pretty good.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #320 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:33 am

lane0168 wrote:I bought back in, in exchange for being gayer
lane0168 wrote:Fuck. Hated. Lol.
LOL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #333 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:33 am

hahahahahaha

Need to reread MM, but let it be known that I'm bad at reading new players, whether or not they're experienced elsewhere.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #377 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
I want to see where this goes.

@Infinity: you mentioned that MoI had made some towny posts. Can you direct me to them?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #382 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:56 am

Town, awkward and possibly scum (but probably not a good D1 lynch), and town
I definitely disagree that scum can't make terrible cases that look like confbias. I've been on both ends of forceful cases by scum on town that were weak at best. I think his defense of MM is contrived and could possibly be partner defending (one reason why I want an MoI flip today), and I agree that his thoughts on RC don't seem real.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #390 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

Yeah, I'm leaning scum on him, but reading him is hard because of the massive theory arguments that really didn't need to be there. I'll look at him more tomorrow, but I don't know how much more I'll be able to find. I'd rather try to sort him going forward, I've found my reads almost invariably improve as a game goes on (which is no surprise).
Pedit: I think mod deleted it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #393 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:45 am

Oh. I don't think that's necessarily alignment indicative, he may have only had time to post in one game and wanted it to be the other one.
One of my reasons for going after MoI was that his flip would provide a lot more info than FA's. However I do like the idea of forcing FA to give more content.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #394 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:46 am

*that refers to lane's first paragraph only, the rest is definitely alignment indicative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #415 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:13 pm

also there's this so yeah he definitely is.
I wasn't going to reveal it, but now that it's outed, I'll say that my gut always tells me to scumread Firebringer (at least when he's town) so reading him will be tough but I thought his "probably" line was characteristic of his towngame (though nothing he couldn't fake if he wanted to).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:26 am

Oh wow, in one page this game went from totally fine to a crap fest.
Persivul, please don't replace out. Firebringer's playing on his alt BECAUSE he wants to be more enjoyable to play with. And meta reads against people who are highly aware of their meta are not usually effective anyway.

I want to know where lane's scumread on me comes from. Because ftr Firebringer has experience with me as both alignments and is quite good at reading me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #469 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:04 am

Actually I'd like to do this.
VOTE: MM
@Infinity: MM may be new to the site, but he's not naive. This was the essence of the experience debate: he's new to the way things work on this site but not to the way they work in general.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #542 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:02 am

Fold

BBT's probably town, I've seen him be abrasive and defensive as town and I think he'd be doing more as scum. I think RC's objections are mostly explainable by BBT's not liking being town as much.
RC's assertion that he and I were the only true supporters of the MM wagon is not really accurate (though I still think he's town); I never expressed any read on MM for the majority of the original wagon's life, whereas other people (like lane) definitely did help that wagon along more than I did.
I'm liking Infinity for town but I really don't see where that MM read comes from and it seems a bit like a WK... you're saying scumtells for newbs are different, but you have to remember that MM is not new to the game, and probably shouldn't be treated as such in terms of his interactions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #546 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 am

The fact that you keep repeating that you think he's town without much evidence as a wagon develops on him... those are the characteristics of a WK independent of my reads on you and him. Given those reads I find it unlikely but if MM flips town it's something to consider.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #552 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:53 pm

I thought about it tbh, but I thought it seemed rather against the spirit of the game. Although I didn't notice the full Bulletproof to any sole winner of a DP until I checked the ruleset just a moment ago.
Okay, yeah, I like that idea now. Maybe not starting day 2, but once we think there's only 1 scum left, we can start throwing the BP to the towniest player and they can get clears with the JK and tracker.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #571 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:13 am

is ugly.

Farside, is your RC read meta based? Because I don't really see it.
In post 555, farside22 wrote:RC'so long post was just lots of words without really.......Scum hunting. It read as more sociable if that makes sense.
I don't think this is really a strong tell for most people... especially for experienced players like RC who can for sure pretend to scumhunt as scum if they want to.
These points are also pretty weak and seem to be grasping at straws themselves.

@Infinity: please stop treating MM a total newb; that seems to be the picture you're painting, but it's been established that he isn't. What of his narrative doesn't make sense from scum who has experience on another forum? And what was particularly open or relaxed about farside's catchup?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #626 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:14 am

VOTE: FA_Q2
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #641 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:47 am

In post 629, lane0168 wrote:
In post 120, Something_Smart wrote:Ugh. I was really hoping to roll scum this game because I am far better at deceiving people I don't know and far better at reading people I do know. (I rely a lot on meta.) And meta without personal experience is like 10 times less effective.
And this second part seems fake as shit too
What's fake about it? I thought about this before the game, it's not reflective of my alignment and I just wanted it out there.
In post 630, lane0168 wrote:"@SS – can you explain why looking through you ISO I see exactly what Infinity called out RC for – posts that look like just being made for the sake of it as opposed to actual scum-hunting? Who are your scum reads and why are you not voting one of them?" -magna

I agree with this
I answered it. Do you not think my answer is valid?
In post 631, lane0168 wrote:
In post 25, Something_Smart wrote: [snip]
Pedit: infinity are you copying ranger? if so why are you at the bottom?
The last line seems particularly fake considering they were both voting themselves at the time.
what?
In post 632, lane0168 wrote:For example. Infinity says s_s responded in a towny way.
Follow up question of, is this why you were reading me as town?

Infinity literally says so, so why does s_s ask an question where the answer is in the quote? To look towny.
Infinity had previously referenced a different reason for townreading me (reading my scumhunting as genuine). So I wanted to see if he would forget that and change his story or if he would say that it was both.
In post 633, lane0168 wrote:S_s asks infinity to elaborate on him saying s_s seems to genuinely be trying to figure things out, because it seems kind of generic... It was page threeo. Really? And how do you even elaborate of you think someone sounds genuine?
I didn't know what he was going to say but I wanted to see what he did say and I never ever get townread that early so I was hella paranoid.
In post 634, Infinity 324 wrote:Lane, you actually make a really good case.
:shifty:
In post 635, lane0168 wrote:Last part, "118 sounds genuine" but isn't alignment indicative. He just was asking someone to elaborate on calling something genuine. The thing I don't like, it's if s_s uses that exact wording, he knows what "sounds genuine" means. So why the heck ask infinity? To look town
I didn't ask what it meant. I asked why he got that feeling.
In post 638, Infinity 324 wrote:Ahhh, the sweet sweet WIFOM.

What motivated you to vote here?
I keep forgetting how bad his ISO is. I just looked it over again and I just got a terrible gut feeling from it. I read his ISO in a towngame and didn't get the same feeling. I'll pull quotes later (a bit rushed rn), and there's another reason I'll get to later as well.
In post 640, Infinity 324 wrote:
@s_s, why despite this
In post 280, Something_Smart wrote: : I've heard a saying about lying, it goes something like: you can tell a liar because their story fits together TOO perfectly. When people are telling the truth they often misremember or suffer bias that makes their story not perfectly consistent. I therefore don't agree with any of the arguments against MM that relate to his call and explanation thereof.
do you still scumread mm?
Changing your story is not a strong towntell, and his posts just seem forced and weak. The point of that quote is that it's not a scumtell, at least not the way he's doing it. My scumread, as I said before, does not have to do with anything related to his early call of lane's bluff.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #669 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:22 am

In post 647, farside22 wrote:And I'm caught up.

fold

I think s_so missed my question, I could be wrong, too tired to check right.
Someone reminder to check on it.
Interestingly enough RC has me rethinking my scum read on him
Yeah, I did. Here it is:
In post 573, farside22 wrote:You want to explain why your protecting RC?
As for meta on RC no, he'said someone I remember but not what his playstle.
You think being defensive for an experienced players is town??,???
Sure maybe if it was valid but that was page five and RC push was weak.
Why is MOI'so points against RC reachy?
1. At the time of me posting that, I was townreading RC and scumreading your slot.
2. I think being defensive is not always scummy, even for experienced players.
3. I think MoI was trying to find scum motivation in actions that were not necessarily scum motivated:
"Read back through his posts surrounding Lane and notice his posts where positions that Lane isn’t scum but refuses to take a stance that Lane is anything but Null." ()
"Yeah, I had forgotten you hopped on MM. Why did you just happen to hop on the biggest wagon again?" ()
"Strikes me as LAMIST to a degree. All of this could have been just as easily handled in a PM. And specifically because it isn’t a question (which others have posted, Pers as I recall most recently) which benefits general knowledge." ()
"I’m having issues with these linked paragraphs. Specifically the manner in which he just assesses that Lane wouldn’t be scum because he’s impulsive. That doesn’t make any sense given that Lane being an ‘impulsive type’ would be impulsive regardless of the alignment he drew. This looks like reaching to draw a conclusion that he already knows." ()
In post 649, lane0168 wrote:Wait no it wasn't, why did you care if he had himself at the bottom? You had yourself at the bottom. You were voting yourself
Yeah but that was RVS and if he was copying Ranger like he said he was, those reads would be real and therefore a bigger deal than RVS.
In post 650, lane0168 wrote:You said you wanted him to elaborate because it seemed generic
Okay, semantics. What I meant was, it's easy to say my posts sound genuine. Can you tell me why? (because that's harder to fake).
In post 656, lane0168 wrote:I just need a flip. And s_s said fire's "probably" comment was his town play. The fire I know says that crap no matter what
That was me looking for any shred of stuff I could read Fire with, because he's a real pain to read. I've never played with scum!him, so I wouldn't know if he does that too as scum. (Which I mentioned in that post.)
In post 657, FA_Q2 wrote:Replacing out is NAI end of story. I have heard this bullshit over and over again about one replace out is scummy or one is town and they are virtually always random. Replacing out for personal reasons or because you do not enjoy playing with a particular player/play style does not suddenly evaporate when you are scum or town. Nice try though.
Wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #671 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 am

In post 670, lane0168 wrote:If you're asking me to tell you the difference between you calling something genuine and him calling more than one thing genuine, there is none. You both said the same thing. Yet his wording is somehow generic
It is generic, and so was mine. But what I meant was obvious. Hypocrisy is not a scumtell.
Why did you need it out there that you wish you rolled scum? Was that just a preemptive excuse if you had bad reads?
Kind of, it was more of an explanation for why I didn't have very strong reads.

[qupte]And why did you need to find a read on fire based on nothing? Why not just have him as null since there was nothing to go off of?[/quote]
Because then he'd be null forever. There was stuff to go off of, I just didn't (and don't) know where to go with it.
So you think him having himself at the bottom was real? Like you thought he might actually legitimately have himself as his own top scum read? Having yourself at the bottom of a page one reads list is no different than a page 1 self vote
I didn't know what he meant... if he was being facetious, if he was looking for reactions, if he inverted it and put towniest at the bottom... in any event, asking someone to explain something you yourself did is not scum indicative, it's indicative of wanting to see if they did it for the same reason as you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #672 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:46 am

dang it the one time I don't use preview...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #706 (isolation #38) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:39 am

@FA: q = qubixes.

I will say that I feel really bad about my top scumreads both being easy mislynches. I think there is a decent probability that one or both of them will flip town. Tomorrow, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip, I want to look in the players controlling the discussion, particularly farside.
In post 701, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 669, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 657, FA_Q2 wrote:Replacing out is NAI end of story. I have heard this bullshit over and over again about one replace out is scummy or one is town and they are virtually always random. Replacing out for personal reasons or because you do not enjoy playing with a particular player/play style does not suddenly evaporate when you are scum or town. Nice try though.
Wrong.
Bullshit. replacing out is NAI period. reading into it more without some sort of reasoning is reaching and asinine.
I once played a game where I had to replace out because I saw my friend posting in the scum PT. Now if I had shared that reason with the town, do you still think it would have been NAI?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #710 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:15 am

@farside:
I don't disagree with your points against FAQ, I just have a gut feeling that he might flip town, and I don't feel as confident on him as I have on wagons in the past.
I'm throwing shade on nobody for pushing him. I believe there is almost definitely one scum in the players currently receiving no pressure, I scumread your predecessor, and I haven't been super impressed by your posts thus far.
In post 709, The MM wrote:Town just don't hammer like that, without at least calling out to the lynch target, even if we're close to deadline.
I was in a game where town!lane quickhammered town with no warning or indication that he would do so, nowhere near deadline, and the game mechanic made it that because he cut the day short scum won after the following night. (Fortunately I was scum :P) And we've already seen that he's impulsive. So in this case, yes, town might do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #723 (isolation #40) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 am

@farside if that question was for me, I never said I thought Fire was scum. In fact recently I have been leaning slightly scum on him, but regardless he's too self-aware of a player to be sorted simply by whether or not he's voting a given player.

@MM I know you don't like to be pushed around, but at this point it's basically you or him. (And I'm not trying to scare you or threaten you, it's just the truth.) If we pushed another wagon now, it would cast significant suspicion on both you and FA and probably lead to both of you getting lynched anyway and on top of that it would probably flip town. No lynching is mathematically (going from odds to evens is bad) and mechanically (fewer associations and more easy mislynches still around) inferior even to mislynching.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #740 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:41 pm

I really doubt there's 3 scum.
I'm much more comfortable lynching FA than Fire. is hella survivalistic.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #744 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:03 pm

@Infinity: of course I'll hammer to prevent a NL but I don't think it needs to come to that.

@Wing: what do you think about Fire Assassin himself?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:20 am

But if scum!FA_Q2 is easier to catch, then what makes you think we haven't caught him already?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #755 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:01 am

is awkwardly phrased and tries to paint impulsive as scummy.
is getting into an argument that reminds me of scum backed into a corner with bad logic.
is a scumpost.
scumreads lane for hypocrisy about something only barely related to the mafia game.
He says his lane scumread is basically predicated on MM being scum in but then mostly ignores MM in the following posts.

I just realized how much FA called MM scum just so he could call lane scum but avoided talking about him. Then, in , MM is suddenly null because he "doesn't really see the scum case against him," although he "has already outlined why lane is scum and that has not changed." When his original reason for calling lane scum was that he was dumping money to his partner, MM. I was also struck, before, by MM's weird townread of FA (even when I erroneously told him no other wagon was possible besides his own) and his not really explained push on Fire as a counterwagon to FA.

I feel better about the FA lynch now, and if he flips scum, I want MM's head tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:04 am

In post 756, The MM wrote:Where did I scumread FA_Q2? Oh, that's right. Nowhere. My opinion of him never changed.
That's the thing.

Why have you been consistently calling FA town and trying to direct people away from him without showing any evidence of trying to sort him?

And the way you say "why would I be scumbuddies with FA_Q2" implies that there is a compelling reason for you
not
to be buddies. Since you pointed to none and there is none, it comes off simply as desperation at being caught.

Now you're trying to defend anything I say about him by simply contradicting my assertions, and conceding but waving away the things you can't contradict.

I feel really good about this lynch now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #760 (isolation #46) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 am

We will almost certainly get an extension. (Although Alchemist hadn't posted for 4 days even before the crash, so...)
Anyway, this should give us time to lynch FA, which I'm pretty confident is a better lynch than Fire.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #790 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 am

What do people think about my points against MM/FA? I thought they were pretty noteworthy but people seem to just be ignoring them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #792 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:31 am

Wow, this is the game of confusing acronyms. First FA_Q2 and Fire Assassin, and now this. Watch, we're going to have RadiantCowbells replace in and then we can't use RC anymore either :o
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #825 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:21 am

I think I understand the BBT kill. It strikes me as kind of a "don't rock the boat" kill, to eliminate a strong player who hadn't really contributed much this far.
It reminds me of the droog kill in this game.
And I think what it suggests is that town's collective reads are way off, as they were in that game. I'm very disappointed that my MM/FA theory didn't end up being true, and I think that flip means that MM is town too. I definitely want to take a closer look at farside once again.

@Shadow: if only one person wins a hand in any given day, they will be bulletproof the following night. That's the mechanic that Fire wants to (ab)use by throwing hands to townreads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #838 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 pm

In post 826, The MM wrote:
In post 825, Something_Smart wrote:I think I understand the BBT kill. It strikes me as kind of a "don't rock the boat" kill, to eliminate a strong player who hadn't really contributed much this far.
And I think what it suggests is that town's collective reads are way off, as they were in that game. I'm very disappointed that my MM/FA theory didn't end up being true, and I think that flip means that MM is town too. I definitely want to take a closer look at farside once again.

@Shadow: if only one person wins a hand in any given day, they will be bulletproof the following night. That's the mechanic that Fire wants to (ab)use by throwing hands to townreads.
Are you meaning that we should look at the reads made during day 1 and take them completely opposite? Who didn't even get real votes on? Who looks in control?
No, it just means that scum think they are doing well and don't want us to rethink our reads. Thus, we should rethink our reads. We shouldn't necessarily rethink all of them.
In post 828, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 820, farside22 wrote:
Fold

I need to think about a few things before I vote.
This is a very self conscious post.

You didn't want to vote anyone....yeah okay, but why do you feel the need to say that..?
It's self-aware, not self-conscious. Why did you feel the need to say that?
In post 830, lane0168 wrote:Wait, why did I vote something_smart?

VOTE: the mm

Why aren't you dead? You had a lot of money
If scum kill someone with a lot of money, most of that money just goes right back into town hands. And why would scum necessarily kill a potential mislynch like MM if he is in fact town?
In post 833, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 825, Something_Smart wrote:I think I understand the BBT kill. It strikes me as kind of a "don't rock the boat" kill, to eliminate a strong player who hadn't really contributed much this far.

I don't even know what you mean by most of this.
Scum want to kill the person who they don't want alive the most. This could be a person liable to start catching them, or one who is widely townread and is leading town in a dangerous direction. Since the scum killed BBT, who wasn't really active, engaged, or in a town leader position, it probably means they aren't too afraid of the above things happening, which probably means that the town's reads, as a whole, are fairly bad.
In post 835, The MM wrote:
In post 830, lane0168 wrote:Wait, why did I vote something_smart?
VOTE: the mm
Why aren't you dead? You had a lot of money
I won a hand, I was freaking Bulletproof. Read'em rules.
Bulletproof only goes into effect if only one person wins money in any given DP. Read'em rules.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #853 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:41 am

In post 840, lane0168 wrote:@something_...smart? Who cares where the money goes? Where does the tracker and 1-shot roles topper go? Nowhere. Scum would risk a track or rolestop because he MIGHT get mislynched? Don't think so.
Scum would welcome a rolestop to send us into evens. And clearly, scum aren't afraid of a tracker. (It's not smart for town to use the tracker while multiple scum are alive anyway.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #889 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 am

VOTE: Fire Assassin
I don't feel like this day is moving in a productive direction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #896 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:16 am

Lane, your logic makes zero sense.

I explained what caused my read on MM to change: the flips. I don't think he's clearly town; I may be making the error I made in this game, where I was very confident in a Newbie/Mathilda team and after Mathilda was lynched and flipped town, I stopped pushing Newbie, who was scum, because I thought my reads were totally off.

Scum might have known that MM couldn't purchase an ability and use it in the same night, or even if they didn't, they wouldn't kill him if they had any person on their team whom they didn't think MM was likely to track.

On the other hand, the advantages to not killing MM were that MM was a major scum suspect yesterday and could possibly be lynched and that then they could kill somebody more dangerous to the scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #921 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:55 am

In post 905, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 447, Something_Smart wrote:Oh wow, in one page this game went from totally fine to a crap fest.
Persivul, please don't replace out. Firebringer's playing on his alt BECAUSE he wants to be more enjoyable to play with. And meta reads against people who are highly aware of their meta are not usually effective anyway.

I want to know where lane's scumread on me comes from.
Because ftr Firebringer has experience with me as both alignments and is quite good at reading me.
This had been bothering me all yesterday, and I wanted to leave Something_Smart alone to see what happened with it.
And what happened with it?
In post 912, The MM wrote:
lane0168 wrote:Scum would definitely know only people on the lynch get money.
Town make obvious mistakes like that.
Its in the rules.
Therefore you're scum
Reading the rules is not only for scum.
Shadow_step wrote:
In post 886, lane0168 wrote:
In post 562, The MM wrote:
In post 551, Fire Assassin wrote:Anyone want to comment on my plan to throw games so one of us tomorrow gets BP and good abiliites?
Or we just going to treat the poker stuff as a mini game?
But the poker stuff IS a minigame, Fire. Also, that plan relies on trust in one player to work. If that player is scum, town's screwed. Besides, there's no such thing as a universally-townread player in here.
By the way, crappy hand:
Fold
@shadow, how do you feel about about the mm using being bulletproof as an explanation for why he wasn't killed last night, when yesterday he commented on a plan to get one person to win so they were bulletproof, saying that plan relies on trust in one player to work? Also after something_smart talked about the rule?
I think its bullshit.
To all of you munchkin rules-lawyers, slip police and other self-righteous jackasses: I thought that Bulletproof went to any player who won his hand by himself. Ties can happen, and all.

Lane's reaction strikes me as frustrated town, but that maight be simulated, still, I'll voice another suspicion of mine: farside sounds to me like the kind of "in-control" self-defined intelligent people who I'd expect a BBT kill from. VOTE: farside
I am going to flail a lot, but be wary that if you don't answer well I'm gonna track your tail till the end of time like it's noone's business.
Why are you announcing that you are going to flail?
In post 917, farside22 wrote:
In post 916, RedCoyote wrote:I guess you just skimmed over the part where I said I had to essentially rethink my entire game and throw D1 out the window. Two of my biggest scumreads just flipped town.

I didn't skim.
I just note you didn't have issues with MOI replacing out day 1, didn't say anything about the fact Something Smart sat on FAQ2 while blaming others for a "possible mislynch" and you just go welp I was wrong so let me vote a player for crappy reasons.

I missed zip.

All I know for sure you brought my cynical personality into this game by your crappy reasons.
Thanks for that. :roll:
Who did I blame for a "possible mislynch"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #925 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:54 am

In post 922, farside22 wrote:I'm referring to this post, pre-flip.
In post 706, Something_Smart wrote:@FA: q = qubixes.

I will say that I feel really bad about my top scumreads both being easy mislynches. I think there is a decent probability that one or both of them will flip town. Tomorrow, regardless of who we lynch and what they flip, I want to look in the players controlling the discussion, particularly farside.
In post 701, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 669, Something_Smart wrote:
Wrong.
Bullshit. replacing out is NAI period. reading into it more without some sort of reasoning is reaching and asinine.
I once played a game where I had to replace out because I saw my friend posting in the scum PT. Now if I had shared that reason with the town, do you still think it would have been NAI?
Again, who was I blaming for a possible mislynch?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #935 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:17 pm

In post 929, farside22 wrote:Something smart: you want to explain why you kept your vote on someone you thought might flip town.
Listen to yourself.
In post 930, Fire Assassin wrote:
Bet $40

I have no idea why everyone is folding when we can organize this much better.
Just frustrating me and I am probably going to stop talking about this mechanic and just focusing on scumhunting.

I have town reads on Lane and Wingback,
I feel pretty confident on those, I am thinking that MM is scum, but unsure of allies still.
Something Smart possibly not sure on who with?

Farside I am null on but I could possibly see it.

TOo many preflip asosciations.

I say we flip MM today and if we are wrong we can reaccess.

ANyone elses thoughts? (Not on the poker mechanics that we obviously can't do)
Why don't you want to reassess first? I, at least, had a major scumread flip town.
In post 931, farside22 wrote:
In post 930, Fire Assassin wrote:
Bet $40

I have no idea why everyone is folding when we can organize this much better.
Just frustrating me and I am probably going to stop talking about this mechanic and just focusing on scumhunting.

I have town reads on Lane and Wingback,
I feel pretty confident on those, I am thinking that MM is scum, but unsure of allies still.
Something Smart possibly not sure on who with?

Farside I am null on but I could possibly see it.

TOo many preflip asosciations.

I say we flip MM today and if we are wrong we can reaccess.

ANyone elses thoughts? (Not on the poker mechanics that we obviously can't do)
Sorry about that.
I have wing and lane as strong town reads too. Next hand I would give to either of them.
Fire I would put as town.

Not sure why I'm null but whatever.
Side-Step is null.

I had a crazy theory about MM, Something smart and Infinity as scum team. But that seems too easy and I don't think Infinity is that dumb.
MM for sure, waiting on Smart to explain himself better and infinity, well he made one case and seems pretty quiet overall today, which is disturbing me.
RC went to null mostly for being a lazy ass.
What makes you think there are three scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #945 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:41 pm

In post 942, farside22 wrote:Also I love when players dodge questions like something smart does.
You want me to answer the question?
The answer is that I don't have a magical voice inside my head telling me everyone's alignment. So of course I'm going to recognize that my scumread might be wrong.

What did you expect to learn from asking that question?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #949 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:05 pm

2 scum versus 9 town can be ridiculously scumsided depending on the setup. I doubt there's a traitor.

And what about my calling you scum doesn't sound genuine?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #952 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:13 pm

I was talking about MM. Yesterday we both scumread MM. Today you want to lynch him and then reconsider your reads, but he was one of the reads I wanted to reconsider.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #976 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:16 am

In post 965, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 949, Something_Smart wrote:2 scum versus 9 town can be ridiculously scumsided depending on the setup. I doubt there's a traitor.

Why would it be terribly scum sided? I don't understand, 9v2 would mean that scum need 4 mislynches.
I'd call that terribly town sided if anything.
It says it somewhere on this page. Mountainous games are just really hard for town. Town's EV for 9v2 is like 35%, and towns usually underperform EV's in mountainous games because getting that first scumflip can be super hard.
In post 966, farside22 wrote:
In post 963, lane0168 wrote:Are you fucking with me? Or... How is that hard to fake? Sarcasm is used my scum to discredit town often.

Farside. I'm going to need you to come in here and explain your mm, ss, infinity theory
I'm phone posting so no links or quotes will be used during this.

The reason I thought this was the way infinty keeps calling the 2 of them town above others.
Also on day 2 ss said with faq2 lynch mm is town.
Based on theory?
That's just crap.
Infinty pushes mm scummy comments as nothing and calls players scummy for making points against him.
Again I can't see Infinity being this bad as scum to defend scum buddies that blantenly but I can't see town Infinity ignoring someone blantenly scummy either.

Anyways that's were I stand currently.
When did I use theory to say MM is town? I had a theory; not the same thing.
In post 967, farside22 wrote:
In post 945, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 942, farside22 wrote:Also I love when players dodge questions like something smart does.
You want me to answer the question?
The answer is that I don't have a magical voice inside my head telling me everyone's alignment. So of course I'm going to recognize that my scumread might be wrong.

What did you expect to learn from asking that question?
You apologies for the read.
Called it a mislynch and kept your vote on a player, all while throwing shade at others for making cases.
That's town to you?
Show me where I called FA a mislynch. I said "I feel bad about FA and MM both being easy mislynches"... that doesn't mean I think they ARE mislynches, just that they are potential mislynches.
And show me where I threw shade on someone else for making a case.
In post 973, lane0168 wrote:Notice infinity and something_smart delaying poker hands.
So?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #980 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:33 am

In post 977, lane0168 wrote:So if you were town youd realize the only way to get power roles was to maximize poker hands
Unless you consider bulletproof a power role.
Nobody decided conclusively one way or the other if we would do the bulletproof plan, so I didn't like people rushing the hand.
But since there's no way I'd get bulletproof anyway,
Fold
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1036 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:47 am

In post 992, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 952, Something_Smart wrote:I was talking about MM. Yesterday we both scumread MM. Today you want to lynch him and then reconsider your reads, but he was one of the reads I wanted to reconsider.
But it still doesn't make sense even if you talk about someone else.
You say I am scum but you want me to reconsider reads, so either your scumread isn't strong and you think I am town, which the tone in your posts suggest you HIGHLY think I am town. Or you don't have a scumread on me.
I did scumread you before the claim. But it wasn't very strong. I don't see why I can't interact with you as if you are town, and see if you respond the way I'd think you would as town. Ftr, you didn't, but I'm willing to back off because of the claim.
UNVOTE:
In post 993, Fire Assassin wrote:See my problem Something Smart is, when I think someone is scum, I don't ask them to relook at their reads. I ask them "Why are your reads like this?" if I am unsure of them. If I probe deeper I think I get a better read, you telling me "You should recheck these" seems manipulative.
Why? I'm trying to strengthen my read on you and work with if you do turn out to be town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1061 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:58 am

I want to vote farside, but I suspect that is a scumslip if there are 3 scum and a townslip if there aren't, and if there are 3 scum then I'd rather just give up now.
I still scumread Fire and MM, but I don't want to lynch them until later because of their PR's.

So I'm kinda stumped. I guess I'll reread Infinity and Shadow and see if anything pings me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1065 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:01 am

Fold
In post 1062, Fire Assassin wrote:@SS How can you be scumreading me and MM? When did MM claim a PR?
I don't know, why is that impossible? I don't think you're scum together.

He didn't claim a PR, but he bought Tracker, so he effectively has one.

Pedit: RC what do you think about ? Do you think it was a slip?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1070 (isolation #65) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 am

In post 1067, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 1065, Something_Smart wrote:
Fold
In post 1062, Fire Assassin wrote:@SS How can you be scumreading me and MM? When did MM claim a PR?
I don't know, why is that impossible? I don't think you're scum together.

He didn't claim a PR, but he bought Tracker, so he effectively has one.

Pedit: RC what do you think about ? Do you think it was a slip?
I'm always reluctant about using the word "slip", because, in my experience, it happens very rarely. I've done it twice in, what, 8 years. I don't know how often farside has done it. It just doesn't happen often, and the chances of it happening necessarily go down with a scummer's seniority.

That said, I think it was a very eye-opening comment that is worthy of pressure and/or attention at this time.
Do you think farside would make up something like that if she were part of a 2-person scumteam?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1107 (isolation #66) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:07 am

I wouldn't mind Infinity being shot tonight.

@Fire: how come you didn't shoot N1?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1125 (isolation #67) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 am

Ok Infinity, imagine you're in MM's place and you're scum. How do you justify not giving away that money?
And further, what is the likelihood that that $200-something that you lose will either not enable you to buy a power you otherwise could buy or enable a town player to buy a power that makes a difference in the game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1160 (isolation #68) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:38 am

Wingback is confirmed town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1162 (isolation #69) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:57 am

I don't believe he would be stupid enough to inno his partner.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1166 (isolation #70) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 am

In post 1163, Shadow_step wrote:Wingback doesn't have to be his partner. Scum infinity can easily claim that he has an innocent on any player and in this case Wingback who has had a town read on him.
Infinity could just be pocketing Wingback .
Yes but in that scenario Wingback is still town.

My point is, Wingback is only NOT town if Infinity and Wingback are partners. Since I find that scenario very unlikely, we can assume that Wingback is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1173 (isolation #71) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:04 am

This isn't a normal game; however, a lot of mods and players hate godfathers and I personally don't think closed setups should include them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1192 (isolation #72) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:21 pm

@MM: What about Infinity's defense of you could not be scum whiteknighting you for towncred after you die?

I'm confused by how Infinity and farside both cite an excellent newb reading record (ftr, mind is terrible and that's why I keep going back and forth on MM) yet arrive at a different conclusion regarding MM. It makes me question Infinity calling MM obv!newbtown in particular.

I think there's one scum in <farside, RC>.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1197 (isolation #73) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Oh wait MM got replaced.
I need to pay more attention lol.

@Infinity: is that just PoE or is it because of his reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1200 (isolation #74) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Oh yeah that. The short answer is that my reads change and the vote on MM was pressure because I found him hard to read. I still find him hard to read, and I don't think the FA townflip necessarily means he's town, it just knocks out one of the reasons for which I thought he was scum (the strange interactions between the two).

@Infinity: the reasons listed along with the vote are fairly weak as the foundation for a read. What do you think of his comments regarding Wingback and the godfather debate?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1217 (isolation #75) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:18 am

VOTE: Shadow_step
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1298 (isolation #76) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:21 am

Hmm I also think there's one scum in <Shadow_step, Infinity>. I want to scumread them both but they make no sense as partners.

Also, Shadow seemed to imply that he knew that there were 3 scum, and there being 3 scum makes Infinity's claim more believable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1323 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:34 am

In post 1320, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1298, Something_Smart wrote:Hmm I also think there's one scum in <Shadow_step, Infinity>. I want to scumread them both but they make no sense as partners.

Also, Shadow seemed to imply that he knew that there were 3 scum, and there being 3 scum makes Infinity's claim more believable.
???? Seemed to imply?? When ?

Smart is just essentially prod dodging at this point in the game.
Here:
In post 949, Something_Smart wrote:2 scum versus 9 town can be ridiculously scumsided depending on the setup. I doubt there's a traitor.

Why would it be terribly scum sided? I don't understand, 9v2 would mean that scum need 4 mislynches.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1330 (isolation #78) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:48 am

In post 1326, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1323, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1320, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1298, Something_Smart wrote:Hmm I also think there's one scum in <Shadow_step, Infinity>. I want to scumread them both but they make no sense as partners.

???? Seemed to imply?? When ?

Smart is just essentially prod dodging at this point in the game.
Here:

That's called using common sense . :roll:
That's not common sense for somebody who's never played in an 11-player game before. For you to say it is sounds an awful lot like someone who already knows the scum ratio of this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1365 (isolation #79) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:44 am

I think Fire should shoot Infinity iff Shadow flips town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1367 (isolation #80) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:18 am

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1369 (isolation #81) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 am

On what wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1372 (isolation #82) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 am

Lol @ those autocorrects.
I don't know why he would switch. I mean, the obvious reason would be to capitalize on RC pressure and maybe score a mislynch there while keeping Shadow around to mislynch later.
That would make him a likely partner with you. I haven't looked at the ISOs though so I don't know how plausible that is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1374 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:42 am

In post 1374, farside22 wrote:
In post 1373, Something_Smart wrote:Lol @ those autocorrects.
I don't know why he would switch. I mean, the obvious reason would be to capitalize on RC pressure and maybe score a mislynch there while keeping Shadow around to mislynch later.
That would make him a likely partner with you. I haven't looked at the ISOs though so I don't know how plausible that is.
:neutral: :facepalm: :dead:

*count down to town loss.*

Did you even read the case on RC or are you on tunnelling mode?
Umm... no? I'm in hypothetical mode, where Infinity is scum. If Infinity is scum then I doubt RC is his partner because of that jump. As illustrated by my vote, I think the scum in that pair is more likely Shadow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1378 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 am

Lmao shadow.

@farside:
Shadow is my top scumread. If he flips town, Infinity will be my top scumread.

I don't think I've been paying close enough attention to make preflip associatives. I tried it with FA and it failed. So if Shadow flips scum then I'll have to take a closer look at how the day played out.
Same for Infinity, but off the top of my head I could see you being his partner.

No, but you would need to convince me that RC is a better lynch than Shadow, and one way to do that would be to make me feel better about you.

I'm not in the mood to make a whole case but besides that and his claim being mighty convenient, his reads and pushes don't feel genuine (MM and me notably), sometimes he says stuff that just doesn't make sense and feels superficial ( and , just skimming his ISO), and I don't like the way he's calling you town.

Actually, the way he chose to jump off the Shadow wagon might make them potential partners. I may retract the "iff" thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1380 (isolation #85) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:41 am

If I recall correctly, nobody asked me for a case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1383 (isolation #86) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 am

What's your point?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1385 (isolation #87) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

How did you just simultaneously imply that I was town and suggest that I had ulterior motives?

Like, how does that even work?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1387 (isolation #88) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:43 am

I'm voting you because I think you're scum.

Is that hard to understand?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1418 (isolation #89) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:07 pm

VOTE: RedCoyote
I'm okay with this. But I think if it flips town we should be looking hard at farside.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1421 (isolation #90) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:15 am

Hmm... 65%?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1423 (isolation #91) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:35 am

I could see it. Especially if they have a third partner.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1426 (isolation #92) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:05 am

That's kinda true, tbh I was really annoyed by the FAQ flip.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1445 (isolation #93) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:31 am

It is when you're this confident and it's wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1475 (isolation #94) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:34 am

My current guess for scum is farside/Infinity/shadow.

Don't rush things though because I'm V/LA with bad mobile access only until Tuesday, and I might want to make a case or two.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1478 (isolation #95) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:36 am

Also given that we might be in LYLO I wonder if it's a good idea to massclaim.

Pedid: what about it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1481 (isolation #96) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:44 am

I'm on mobile so I haven't looked at ISOs yet.
But some of it's PoE: I think you and lane are town, and kinda Math though I do need to hear their catchup thoughts.
Farside because of the RC push. Infinity because I haven't liked his posting and he makes sense with farside. Shadow because I haven't liked his posting. (I'll pull quotes later.)
I remember yesterday looking at ISOs and saying I could see a farside/Infinity team. I also remember saying I could see Infinity/Shadow bussing. I haven't yet looked at farside/Shadow interactions, though they both appeared to strongly believe that there were three scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1487 (isolation #97) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:52 am

Depends on the rest of the claims.
VT.
Popcorn to Shadow.

Pedit: I said I'll pull quotes when I'm off mobile.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1510 (isolation #98) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:12 am

In post 1493, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1491, farside22 wrote:That's fair, but why do you think Infinity is scum?
I haven't said he was scum, the only way he is scum is if it was with you or if scum have a roleblocker thats on me to prevent me from shooting him.

The fact I am not dead told me he is likely actually town.
I disagree. If you had actually shot as you said you would, you would be confirmed town regardless of whether you shot scum.

And what about my reads (besides this) doesn't make sense?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1524 (isolation #99) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:37 am

Ok this game is way too confusing.
Imma need a computer and a decent internet connection to figure it out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1589 (isolation #100) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:20 am

In post 1581, Infinity 324 wrote:Lane and mathblade, calm down. Town getting riled up is a great way for scum to win.

Mathblade, you're wrong about lane but right about fire. Lane's post wasn't a scum slip, I don't see what you're talking about. And if lane wanted to give money to fire, fire would've just called him.

Lane, I don't know why mathblade is still alive but killing confirmed town makes sense no matter who scum is.
Scumpost.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1603 (isolation #101) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Farside, you just keep complaining about lane having not made a case on Shadow while at the same time not having a case on me. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1620 (isolation #102) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:35 am

:?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1646 (isolation #103) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:01 am

In post 1632, Fire Assassin wrote:Hey Titus, I hope you bring some sanity into this game.
+1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1707 (isolation #104) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 pm

What is this game I can't even.

I kind of want to just find a strong townread and sheep them, but my strongest townread is Titus (who's voting me :roll: ) and I'm even having doubts about that slot.

The good news is that there's probably only 2 scum given that no quickhammer has occurred. And I'm still somewhat confident that farside is scum (or at least needs pressure), so:

VOTE: farside
In post 1693, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 790, Something_Smart wrote:What do people think about my points against MM/FA? I thought they were pretty noteworthy but people seem to just be ignoring them.

Were you scum reading MM based on their interactions only or anything else?
It was mostly interactions. I am terrible at reading newbies, so I was really hesitant to commit to a strong read on him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1709 (isolation #105) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Sorry lol. My case in a nutshell is that you don't just get to walk away free after mislynching RC like that.

What questions did you want answered?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1720 (isolation #106) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:16 pm

In post 1710, farside22 wrote:
In post 1709, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry lol. My case in a nutshell is that you don't just get to walk away free after mislynching RC like that.

:roll:

I asked you how often you see scum pushing case vs sheeping votes.
I don't know, offhand I'd say that scum push cases over sheeping them more than town on average. It's wildly dependent on the player and the situation though.
In post 1713, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1709, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry lol. My case in a nutshell is that you don't just get to walk away free after mislynching RC like that.

Farside smart -- I think you are both town.

@Smart a mislynch is all of town's fault always. Unless you have specific scummy posts and some sort of logical reasoning more than what I have posted not going to consider farside.
Not when the town is willing to trust one player's ability to read another, as I did with farside.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1726 (isolation #107) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:26 am

Fold
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1744 (isolation #108) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 am

Don't color yourself green in a VCA.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1768 (isolation #109) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:03 am

Lol, I just noticed this:
In post 1, Alchemist21 wrote:I will inform players when it is Lylo.
I guess we can settle the question of how many scum there are for good.

That's good because this game is a mess. :?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1799 (isolation #110) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 am

Why am I scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1816 (isolation #111) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Why does that make you conftown?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1823 (isolation #112) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:32 pm

This interaction gives me a (relatively) strong feeling that Infinity is scum and Mathblade is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1840 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:49 am

In post 1833, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1831, farside22 wrote:Fire just an FYI if math is scum I want you to see this. I find comments like this association of a scum buddy.
I have been feeling like Something_Smart is scum, but really not to do with associations.
He has been doing a classic scum tell of sitting in the background of the day and floating that middle ground.
He has no focus on him so he just says a few comments so people know he is here, but doesn't try to game solve or take focus.

Ill look at the associations though, could be damning.
You've seen my scumgame. Do you really think this is it?
Also, what middle ground? I think the scum are Infinity and farside. I'm just not too involved in this game and nobody's trying to engage me anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1842 (isolation #114) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am

Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1845 (isolation #115) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:08 am

In post 1843, farside22 wrote:
In post 1838, Fire Assassin wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart
YAH

VOTE: Smart
:(

Nobody hammer yet, I want to at least put some final effort into this game and produce a readlist.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1847 (isolation #116) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:40 am

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1855 (isolation #117) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:33 pm

In post 1848, farside22 wrote:

I've explained this already.
All I can find is that I pushed FAQ while admitting that he might be town.

And you hard pushed RC while saying I probably wasn't scum with RC, so...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1873 (isolation #118) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:45 am

Sorry guys, I'm on vacation but I didn't want to go V/LA because I just did and because I should be able to meet activity requirements (I'm not restricted to mobile like last time).
I will probably be able to post tonight.

(Also I had a dream that we lynched farside and she flipped scum soooo...)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1881 (isolation #119) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 am

In post 1856, Shadow_step wrote:@Smart what is your read on the MM slot, do you still think he is town?
Yes. MM's play felt newbtownish at times, I haven't seen anything terrible from Mathblade, and Infinity has been whiteknighting the heck out of the slot the whole game.
In post 1857, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1855, Something_Smart wrote:

Whoa there is a huge difference between proposing two potential scum teams and then pushing someone you think might be town. Like how does this compare for you?
What? I'm not comparing anything...
In post 1867, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1855, Something_Smart wrote:

Shouldn't you be more concerned about lynching scum instead of self defending.
Lets assume we are wrong.

Lets see what you have basically done in last few pages.
Lurked until a wagon formed on you, then start going into defense mode.

You may have had "scum reads" but you definitely haven't been pushing them that hard. Your motives seem to skate by and now do damage control.
Here's the thing.
I'm appalled that farside tunneled the crap out of RC and then got absolutely no attention when he flipped town.
I shouldn't need to push her.

And btw, I'm pretty disengaged because nobody seems interested in what I have to say, even when it's obvious, and now I'm being wagoned for not interacting because I don't have a quotewall to back up my opinions.
In post 1868, MathBlade wrote:Now Titus needs to fold...

Shadow_step needs to quit derping.
Smart needs to be playing and posting reads.

Logically my gut says Smart is scum. My gut says that he isn't. This is turning way too fast for my liking.
I have posted my reads. Farside and Infinity are scum.
In post 1877, farside22 wrote:
In post 1873, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry guys, I'm on vacation but I didn't want to go V/LA because I just did and because I should be able to meet activity requirements (I'm not restricted to mobile like last time).
I will probably be able to post tonight.

(Also I had a dream that we lynched farside and she flipped scum soooo...)
Looks at role pm
Nope that dream is a lie.
Lol, maybe. But either way I'm pretty sure it confirms me as town.
I already said I'm vacationing; I'm currently in Pacific time (I live in Eastern time). That post was made at 7:45 for me, not very long after I woke up.
So to assume I'm scum implies one of three scenarios:

1. I'm scum with farside and the dream was real. That doesn't make sense because if farside were my partner I wouldn't be bussing her.
2. I'm scum, but not with farside, and the dream was real. That doesn't make sense because my subconscious doesn't play Mafia and can't get into a town mindset like that.
3. I'm scum, but not with farside, and the dream was made up. That doesn't make sense because there's no way I'd be able invent something like that that early in the morning, when I'm already tired because of jet lag.

So everyone should unvote me now. (Also take note of how farside immediately believed the dream was real, which feels a lot like a scumslip.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1883 (isolation #120) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Farside, why are you avoiding my argument for me being confirmed town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1887 (isolation #121) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 pm

In post 1884, MathBlade wrote:Smart -- That doesn't townfirm you in the slightest. You are saying you can't lie because of jet lag? Lol does that mean everything in my dreams is reality? Furthermore scum chat is a thing. If we used your arums T we'd all be townfirmed and never lynched because "I am so sleepy I can't lie". That is crap.
So what do you think about farside immediately believing that the dream was real?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1894 (isolation #122) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:54 pm

In post 1889, farside22 wrote:2) my last comment was a joke, thinking I was taking your seriously at all is a stretch
Ok fair enough. But do you think I would fake something like that as scum?
In post 1892, farside22 wrote:I'm trying hard not to laugh at smart about how desperate he is making a joke as a scum tell.
It's okay, you can laugh. But it's well documented that I get more serious as scum when under pressure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1896 (isolation #123) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:03 am

I think Math is right.

That doesn't make me not think you are scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1899 (isolation #124) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:36 am

hehehe
Haven't you ever read
The Stand
?
I bet farside is the dark man.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1901 (isolation #125) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 am

Lol I don't blame you it's ridiculously long.
Anyway, one problem with that is that we townread each other, but we scumread completely different people.
Do you want to talk to me about why you townread Infinity and farside? (and I can do the same with Fire and Titus.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1903 (isolation #126) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:09 am

In post 1902, MathBlade wrote:Farside is town through genuine poking and reading the game.
Can you get more specific than this? :? I think farside is experienced enough to be able to do this as either alignment.

What do you think of farside's RC push?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1905 (isolation #127) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:51 am

Well from his POV, if Fire is going to shoot him tonight if he is in fact real, mislynching a not-Fire player (coughcoughME) would be game over.
I guess a possibility is to no-lynch, have Fire shoot Math and have Math track Shadow, if Fire is dead-set on shooting Math.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1912 (isolation #128) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:53 pm

I think Titus, Shadow_step and Mathblade are town.

Fire, can you promise me that you'll shoot in <farside, Infinity> tonight?

Honestly I'd prefer you shoot Infinity. Since I'm flipping town his cop result won't be valid anyway because it will be LYLO.

Also I recommend that Mathblade tracks Shadow to make sure he can't interfere with Fire's shot, if it in fact exists.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1915 (isolation #129) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Math how confident are you that Shadow is town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1920 (isolation #130) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:36 pm

In post 1917, Titus wrote:
In post 1912, Something_Smart wrote:I think Titus, Shadow_step and Mathblade are town.

Fire, can you promise me that you'll shoot in <farside, Infinity> tonight?

Honestly I'd prefer you shoot Infinity. Since I'm flipping town his cop result won't be valid anyway because it will be LYLO.

Also I recommend that Mathblade tracks Shadow to make sure he can't interfere with Fire's shot, if it in fact exists.
Shooting infinity fails unless scum also shoot him.

Infinity should get the cop check?
Oh crap Infinity is bulletproof isn't he.

Okay,
VOTE: NL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1923 (isolation #131) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:59 pm

No, the smart play is to track Shadow.

That way scum!Fire can't say, "oh, I tried to shoot so-and-so, but they didn't die, so Shadow must have jailkept me to frame me".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1925 (isolation #132) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Predictions:
I flip town
Fire shoots Math ANYWAY
Scumteam of farside/Infinity wins
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1927 (isolation #133) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:09 pm

So you're shooting Mathblade regardless of my flip?
And when did I say you were scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1929 (isolation #134) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:11 pm

You're that convinced that I'm scum

...and your case is "lurked, then got defensive when wagoned"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1931 (isolation #135) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:22 pm

orly?

it's the first time people have actually interacted with me all day :D

Also, answer my other question. When did I say you were scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1934 (isolation #136) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:36 pm

No, it isn't. It's considering the possibility that you're scum.

Of course, by PoE you're my third scum pick behind farside and Infinity. And you may be making your way up that list now, not sure yet.

@Everyone: could you see an Infinity/Fire team both claiming PR's without realizing that all the townies were VTs?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1950 (isolation #137) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:49 am

In post 1938, farside22 wrote:You've made no points about Infinity on why he is scum and day 2 you thought shadow was scum but said nothing about him day 3.
Infinity has been whiteknighting the Mathblade slot all game, his cop check was really bad, and I've explained my other points against him previously.
Shadow is notorious lynchbait (in my experience) and I thought his actions made sense as part of a larger picture as well as individually. Now I don't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1958 (isolation #138) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 am

In post 1955, farside22 wrote:I'm waiting for someone to give a good reason to be voting for whom they are voting for other then he hasn't shot anyone. Or X is still alive after claiming or X pushed a case on town therefore X is scum.
The person I am voting hasn't shot anyone yet, is somehow still alive despite getting no pressure the whole game, and hasn't pushed any reasonable wagons the whole game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1969 (isolation #139) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:19 pm

In post 1961, farside22 wrote:Yeah your vote makes total sense.
Do you not see the reasoning behind it?

If you think Fire is scum, why wouldn't you go along with it?

Also I thought you were scumreading me for associations with Math, is that still the case?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1980 (isolation #140) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:23 am

In post 1973, Infinity 324 wrote:Tracker doesn't confirm anyone if you tell scum who you're targeting...

Shadow is confirmed scum if he roleblocks me.
Yes, but unless Math tracks him, the only person who will know that is you.
In post 1971, farside22 wrote:
In post 1969, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1961, farside22 wrote:Yeah your vote makes total sense.
Do you not see the reasoning behind it?

If you think Fire is scum, why wouldn't you go along with it?

Also I thought you were scumreading me for associations with Math, is that still the case?
Again that's sarcasm, which is clear based on what I presented against you.
Yes, I realize it's sarcasm. You don't see why it makes sense. Would you like me to explain why it makes sense?

And do you think Fire is scum or don't you?

@Shadow: why do you think I'm scum?

Pedit: Infinity, do you see my logic behind NL?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1991 (isolation #141) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:49 am

In post 1983, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1979, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1978, Infinity 324 wrote:^ this

Scum don't have a roleblocker. If someone is roleblocked shadow is confirmed scum. So shadow doesn't really need to be tracked for JK anyway, so math should try to catch someone making the kill.

I doubt smart is scum, but I'll hammer him to avoid a no lynch I guess.
How do you know scum don't have a roleblocker?
Even with 2 PRs it wouldn't make much sense, with 1 just no. There's just not enough town for for an RB to be necessary/useful.
In post 1980, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1973, Infinity 324 wrote:Tracker doesn't confirm anyone if you tell scum who you're targeting...

Shadow is confirmed scum if he roleblocks me.
Yes, but unless Math tracks him, the only person who will know that is you.
True

I'd rather have 2 different results that are less reliable than one that is very reliable imo.
Infinity, do you see my logic behind NL?
If fire is town, it keeps us in odds...I just don't see fire as town.

Am I missing something?

PEdit: wtf shadow? You think rb makes sense in this setup?
Well, it makes it so town-Fire has no reason not to shoot. So either Fire shoots and is confirmed, and the game continues even if he misses, or he doesn't and is confirmed scum.

And btw I think one reliable result is more valuable than two less reliable ones.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2013 (isolation #142) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:30 pm

In post 2004, farside22 wrote:
In post 2003, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2001, farside22 wrote:You will have to do some hard conviencing that smart is town because right now I don't see why scum Shadow wouldn't just fucking hammer at this point.
Scum shadow figures if he makes one more opportunistic as fuck vote, maybe people will start thinking he's scum

Your case of "smart has no case" is almost as bad as smart's non-case itself. He hasn't been putting as much effort into the game since d1, that doesn't mean he's scum.
I said more then that about smart.
I said more than that about you.
In post 2012, Titus wrote:7) My reads are Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Farside
why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2019 (isolation #143) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:00 am

ftr Infinity is leaning slightly more town and Fire slightly more scum.
My reads are something like:
TOWN -- Mathblade -- Titus -- Shadow_step -- Fire Assassin -- Infinity 324 -- farside22 -- SCUM
But they're not that strong so feel free to make this one of the games where everyone ignores my reads after I am lynched. (Usually they're terrible anyway.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2021 (isolation #144) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:30 am

I am voting no lynch, in order to let the bullets resolve it WITHOUT potentially ending the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2024 (isolation #145) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:39 am

In post 2023, MathBlade wrote:No lynch is stupid. All it does is end in my death and then day starts over again tomorrow and people have to figure out if Fire is truth telling or not.
What if Shadow were to JK you?
Infinity - If you believe I am town please cop Farside tonight. Their reads are terribad and without reason and leaves open the possibility of Farside/smart especially with the scum won't hammer post. If Farside is confirmed town having them decide the game IMO is best. If they are confirmed scum can duke it out.
True, except that Infinity inno'ing his partner is plausible here, whereas it wasn't before.
Farside -- Same thing here. Smart's reads sketch me out on one of the two of you or Infinity being scum. This feels like 1800 something is very very wrong.
Huh? My reads are farside and one of <Fire, Infinity> are scum.
@Titus -- Correction. Using brain is town. Letting chips fall where they may is bad. How can you not see this?
This is true, but sometimes using your brain is counterproductive. This may be one of those times.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2030 (isolation #146) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 am

*VOTECOUNTING INTENSIFIES*